Quacker Talk-August 20202020-08-02T10:46:44-04:00

Home Forums General Quacker Chatter Quacker Talk-August 2020

Viewing 133 reply threads
  • Author
      Participant

HI Everyone,
      I can’t believe it’s August already. Summer always speeds by. It sure has been a different year for us. No trips. No summer gatherings. I guess we won’t see Brent this year.
      Jenny said school is to be online all first semester. So she is trying to figure out how to make that work. Kendall is old enough to watch the kids but she thinks Piper may need help with the school work and Kendall cannot help while she is online with her own teachers so it’s kind of a mess. I’m sure most families who have two working parents are in the same shape. The kids cousin Maya is starting high school this year so she is sad to miss all the things like homecoming and everything that goes with being a new freshman. If nothing else the kids will remember these times throughout their lives.
      We are having highs in the upper 70’s this week. My kind of weather.
      Streamed a concert on Friday from our little theater. It was an Elvis tribute by a guy called Dean Z and boy was he good. You know since they are streaming anyone anywhere can watch as long as you call up and buy the concert which I think costs about 20 dollars. I can’t wait for the one from Frank DeAmbrosia in October-he is so good. He is a professional and is the longest running professional Phantom of the Opera anywhere. Two years ago we saw his Christmas concert and his O Holy Night brought me to tears.
      DD why did your father get so mad when you took Driver’s Ed in school?
      Colleen, I’m glad you were able to get a safe haircut. I still don’t know when i will go again. I haven’t had a cut or color since February. I just don’t feel comfortable going yet.
      I have a dentist appointment Tuesday and am not looking forward to it but I have already put it off once and I need to bite the bullet and go now. I don’t want to take the chance of having gum problems again and losing more teeth-remember a couple of years ago I had to have three pulled. I didn’t like that at all so I need to get back on my maintenance program.
      Adele, that’s funny that you bought the cardinal throw and gave it to Amanda already. I saw they had a corgi throw and I bought that and had it shipped to Jenny. She said they will all probably fight over it. lol
      Colleen, I’m glad it’s not just us that can’t grow the melons. Ours are always so tiny.
      Gail

Attachments:
    • Anonymous
      Inactive

We are to cool off some this week. The storm is coming up the coast. I sure hope we get some rain from it. The grass is all brown & crunchy. We are under a moderate drought. Beginning of the year was so cold & wet. Now it is so dry. I did get some tomatoes & corn but they are not good as usual. The ears of corn are smaller & just don’t have the good taste. My tomatoes seem to need to ripen a bit more so have them on the windowsill to see if that helps. The prices are insane also. Corn was $5 a dozen. This is at the local farmer where I have been buying. Maybe I should try somewhere else but I have never had a problem in the past so I tend to think it is just to dry for things to do well.
      Our Corvid 19 numbers are really going up. We were way down until people had to have everything open. Now no one wears a mask & don’t socially distance & get together in crowds so the cases are really going up. Our county is getting more cases then in the past even right in my area. It is getting bad. I did get my mammogram. I don’t expect any problems with it just hope I don’t get sick from being in the hospital. Not many people around when I was there at 8 AM. They did not take my temp or anything just ask if I had been in contact with anyone that had it. They did have 2 people sitting where you entered but they were mostly checking for masks.

• Dianne Danielson
      Participant

Hi Ladies,
      I can’t believe it’s August already! Where did July go? This yr is flying by so fast, I can’t believe it. But maybe its a good thing considering all that’s happened this yr.
      Our weather has cooled down. It’s been in the low 80s & no more 90s, but I haven’t seen what the long range forecast is yet for this month. I can usually feel the cooler air of fall coming in around the middle of the month. It’s like driving to the coast & when you come to this certain curve in the road the cooler air off the ocean hits you, there’s no mistaking it. It’s so refreshing.
      We’re really dry as well. We really need some rain, but I don’t think we’re gonna see any for awhile at least. Oh, I see the weather forecast, & we will get some rain later this week. Not alot but it’s something.
      I wonder why it’s so hard to raise melons? As a kid my dad planted everything but them. Don’t know why. I’m noticing corn is really expensive the past couple yrs. I got 5 ears for $2 today, when I used to get 5 for $1 during the summer. Actually, everything is going up in price!!
      My father was abusive, & the devil incarnate!!! And no he wasn’t an alcoholic. He didn’t drink except for a beer on a hot summer day. He made Scrooge look like an angel. He hated spending any $$$ on us. If it weren’t for my mom & my sister who made my clothes or bought my clothes I’m not sure what would’ve happened. He blew a gasket when he had to pay the $5 or $10 what ever it was to take the class back then. He didn’t allow me to get a permit or license because it would double his insurance. When I went to the teacher & told him he suggested I go see the insurance people. So I did, on the sly
      & found out it wasn’t true. But to no avail. So I didn’t get my license till I was in my 30s. There’s a huge gap there, but I was too scared to try. when he passed away I didn’t shed a tear. Not one.
      Well, that’s enough of my soap opera for today.
      Dinner time so I’ll go for now.
      take care & stay safe.
      dd

Attachments:
    • Colleen
      Participant

Hi Gail,
      If your dentist is like ours you will have nothing to worry about. There will not be anyone in there but you, the dentist and staff. If you get to toe dentist office early you have to wait in your car and they will call and let you know when you can come in. So no two people will be in there at one time. It is nice to walk out and not pass any one in the hall.
      It is so sad that the kids cannot go back to school. They are missing out on so much. I feel bad for your niece missing out on so much that goes along with going to high school. Kaylee is upset because she cannot meet any kids that go to her school. She has not been able to get out and meet people since they moved. Ethan has a group of friends that live in his neighborhood. There are not any kids Kaylee’s age that live there.
      The concert sounds really good. We have not streamed any concerts at all. I wish they would be able to have concerts in the park and distance the people from each other. They could have people sit in their cars and then they will not be close to anyone.
      It has been nice to be able to do things again. Everyone is being so careful about making sure there is only one person in their place of business. I feel comfortable going to those places. I do not know when they will open the churches. If they have I have not heard.
      It is supposed to be in the 70″s here also. I am so happy that is is finally cooling down even if just for a few days. From the way it sounds there are not a lot of us that can plant melons and make them grow.
      Have a great night and stay safe.
      Colleen

• Colleen
      Participant

Hi DD,
      Time sure is flying by. Part of it may be because we cannot do much right now. I will be glad when they give the okay to start going back to normal. I want to see more people and find out what they are doing.
      Our weather has cooled down here also. It is supposed to be in the 70’s tomorrow so that will be nice. I have to go to the eye doctor tomorrow and maybe go for a walk in the park. It depends on how many people are there.
      Sounds like you really had a rough childhood. You are lucky you mom and sister were there for you and did all they could for you. It is sad that you had to wait so long to get your license. It would be hard to be sorry to see you dad pass away when he treated all of you that way. It is just so sad.
      Melons are pretty hard to raise. I think you have to do so many different things to the soil and baby the plants. That is all that I can figure it out. We have tried to grow them a couple of times.
      Well that is all from here. Stay safe.
      Colleen

• Gail Norusis
      Participant

Hi Sue,
      Glad to hear you are okay in your area. Maybe you will get some rain from the hurricane.
      I think food prices in general have gone higher due to covid. It is affecting every aspect of our lives.
      The main thing is we all stay safe and healthy.
      Do you every get lonely on your own over there.
      I know I am so grateful for Greg’s company every day. He is the only person that I see now. Plus most of the people that I used to hang with are now moved away so he is my main contact in this area. It’s hard finding new friends when one is older and almost impossible now.
      Even though my sister lives alone she has had a close circle of friends in her area for many years and I think they skype or zoom so I don’t worry as I know she has company that way.
      The seventies that we are having this week will feel good.
      I hope you get good results from your mammo. I know Greg said he felt things were very safe when he went in for his stones. He said the guy at immediate care had like a big hazmat suit type thing on.
      Gail

Attachments:
    • Gail Norusis
      Participant

Hi DD,
      Wow! I am so sorry that your Dad was such a mean person. I’m glad that you had your Mom and your sister to help and support you.
      If only parents could realize how their actions can affect their children in a negative manner.
      The time is flying-hopefully we are one month closer to having a vaccine now. that’s the thought that keeps me going.
      I have a question. Greg and I watch a lot of the House Hunters type shows and neither of us have ever been to the northeast in person-where we have been south and southwest and lots of places in the midwest. Anyway we notice in Washington state the beaches always seem very rocky with lots of driftwood. We are used to sandy beaches of the south and gulf and i have been to California and remember that the beach there was sandy. So what are the beaches like in Oregon? Are they sandy or rocky and with lots of driftwood? I am trying to figure out where on the coast they start changing. I have not seen beaches in northern Cal. so don’t know what they are like. Anyway, it’s just something we always notice because there is such a big difference between the beaches of Washington and the beaches of Florida. We’ve been watching lots of beach shows to pretend we are on vacation. lol
      Gail

Attachments:
    • Gail Norusis
      Participant

Hi Colleen,
      I’m sure our dentist is taking all safety precautions-it’s just still scary after being home all this time to go out somewhere again. Especially to a dentist office where they are working right in your mouth.
      Greg said he felt very safe at the doctor’s.
      Poor Kaylee. it is hard for a little one that age not being able to have friends to play with. these kids will always remember the year they couldn’t go to school. They are living history right now.
      It’s funny you mentioned about the outdoor concert as i think the town over from us is doing just that. Every summer they have a Mozart in the park series of concerts. Fortunately the park is in a town square so you can go to it by parking your car around the square and listening to it from your car. i think they have the cars spaced with an empty space in between to keep it socially distanced. it amazes me how creative people have been with thinking of ways to do things.
      I am so happy that we have been able to stream these concerts. it has been a life saver and something we really look forward to.
      it’s interesting as a lot of the performers are saying this is the first time that they have entertained since March.
      Gail

Attachments:
    • Dianne Danielson
      Participant

Hi Ladies,
      I see there’s a QF show this afternoon. It’s on from 4-6ET. Probably fall fashions or summer clearance.
      dd
      PS: I’ll post more later on.

Attachments:
    • Anonymous
      Inactive

For those wondering my mammogram was good just have another in a year. I just think every year is too often as there has never been a problem.
      It looks like the rain is going to pass east of us tomorrow. We just cannot seem to get rain.
      It is lonely sometimes as I had always worked & was around people. But it is my lot not much I can do. Tomorrow may be hard but it has always been just another day.

• Gail Norusis
      Participant

Hi Sue,
      Happy birthday. I think it’s actually on the 4th (tomorrow) even though the site says it’s the 3rd. Am I right? I know other’s birthdays are mixed up too.
      Anyway, have a good one. Treat yourself to some cake and ice cream.

Attachments:
    • Dianne Danielson
      Participant

Hi Ladies,
      HAPPY BIRTHDAY, Sue!!!! Gail’s right, treat yourself to something special. You only have one b/day.
      I’m glad your mammogram came out clean. That’s always a relief. I believe mammograms are yearly even tho I don;t do it every year myself.
      Our Covid-19 cases keep going up just like everywhere else. We’re up to 20,000 cases of it in the whole state. sounds like the East side of the state is getting hit really hard. Which I don’t understand, since it’s less populated, no big cities like Portland, mostly rural area.
      Gail, I pretty sure I sent you pics of the Oregon coast recently. see above. Our beaches aren’t the white beaches of the Caribbean islands. I guess you could say our beaches are rocky, with great big rocks out in the ocean. Sometimes people go out there & climb the rocks then when the tide comes in they get stuck & the Coast Guard has to rescue them. DUMB IDIOTS!! We don’t have drive on beaches, but WA. state does. But there are those idiots that do if they can find a way. we may not have white beaches, but they are beautiful, none the less. Even in the dead of summer tho, it can be pretty chilly over there. When it’s 90 or so here, it’s 20 degrees cooler over there. It’s where everyone heads for in a heatwave. It rarely gets to upper 80s or even 90 there. And no we don’t have palm trees over there. too cold for them.
      Well, I guess that’s all for now.
      take care.
      dd

Attachments:
    • Gail Norusis
      Participant

Hi DD,
      Grrrrrr! I had written to you and went to post and it kicked me off and signed me out. That just ticks me off!
      Thanks for the pictures. Yes the Pacific on the west coast is much colder than the Atlantic or the Gulf.
      No matter where the ocean is both beautiful, powerful and mesmerizing. I always think of the early ocean explorers and how alone you must have felt on the open seas not even knowing where you were going.
      Those people stranded on the rocks are probably from the Heartland-we are not used to bodies of water with tides. lol We are used to lakes.
      I had our kids take swimming lesson in the lake rather than the pool as I thought it would make them better swimmers. The only problem with Lake Geneva in early summer is that it’s very cold. Brrrr. No lessons for the kids this year as pools are closed. Good thing Jenny’s kids had already taken lessons for several years except Piper but she can still swim the basics.
      No I didn’t think there were palm trees in Oregon. My sister lived there for a few years many many years ago.
      I like the quilts. I miss the old quilt shows on the Q. I got several beautiful, some limited edition, quilts from there back in the day.
      I always wanted to go to one of those places where they have the bungalows over the water with a window in the floor so you can see into the ocean. Greg says if we went there he would fish off of it. lol
      Gail

Attachments:
    • Anonymous
      Inactive

Gail & DD thank you for the Birthday wishes. I don’t know why this site cannot get the day right. It is correct on my profile. I made a lemon blueberry pound cake. Did not try any yet. I am pretending its healthy because blueberries are good for you.

• Colleen
      Participant

Hi Gail,
      The eye doctor appointment was interesting. You sat in these little cubicles until the called you and then you went into a room and one person checked your vision then dialated your eyes. They put you in another room to wait til your eyes were dialated . They had signs up all over the place asking people not to talk unless asked a question. Well I was in the waiting room waiting to see the doctor when This man sitting in a cubicle across from me started talking to me. They had a tv on telling you how to be careful and what to do to keep from getting the virus. We were both in agreement that they needed to show something a little more interesting. It was like being in prison.
      I am glad that someone else had thought of doing concerts that way. I would love to go hear some live music for awhile instead of listening to the radio. I wish they have something on here so we can listen live concerts.
      I have found that the best time of the day is nap time. I feel like a two year old. Just need a nap get tired from deciding what chair I want to sit in and if I want to get dressed or change pajamas. all these big decisions that have to be made.
      Our nephew was running for judge in one of the counties around us and won. We are all so proud of him. I think that he has won the job because no one from the other party was running against him.
      I like the meme about the grandma and her granddaughters party. Smart lady. It would be hard for the kids to turn her down when she was doing something nice for them. I like all the memes you post they are all funny.
      Well that is about all from here. Have a great night and stay safe.
      Colleen

• Gail Norusis
      Participant

Hi Colleen,
      Congrats to your nephew on the judgeship. That is pretty cool. Do you have many lawyers in your family? I know your Dad was a lawyer. I always told Brent he should have been a lawyer as he likes to argue. lol
      I know that you have Dish. Did you know that every Saturday night on channel 102 Studio they have a concert from the Grand Old Opry? Just the performers-no audience they have had Garth and Trisha, Vince Gill and Amy Grant among a lot of others. You might want to check it out if you like country music at all. We have watched some and they are good. Really showcases the artists without a lot of back up and such.
      I had to laugh when you mentioned about taking a nap or deciding to change form one pair of pajamas to another. I found myself doing the same thing last winter when we were indoors all the time due to weather. Now that summer is here I put on shorts and a tshirt in case I want to go outside for something. I sure won’t need any new shoes as I am always barefoot except if I go outdoors. Same with winter-won’t need any new jackets.
      Our optometrists office is so tiny there could only be one person in there at a time. Now the opthomologists office is way bigger but so crowded in previous times. I don’t know what they are doing now. Hopefully I won’t have to go there this year-just to the optometrist.
      Greg has passed two stones so we hope that will be it for now and he won’t even have to go back to the doctor. Now that that is done though he still needs to get his one year check up from the cardiologist.
      He is out golfing today. He said he felt guilty because he got to go out and golf and I am stuck home. I said don’t worry about it.
      Actually it’s fine because we went straight from him going to work every day to being home all the time now-and really all the time since we can’t go anywhere-so i don’t mind the few hours to myself.
      No concerts to stream this weekend as the group that was coming cancelled.
      I just read this morning that they did not cancel the big motorcycle rally that they have in Sturgis SD each year-so I wonder how much Covid will be spread because of that. I understand that it is a big tourism moneymaker and the economy is hurting but you have to balance that with the need for public safety. There are just no good answers. So all we can do is try to protect ourselves and our loved ones and pray for our country and for a cure or vaccine-preferably both.
      Glad you are enjoying the memes. I have been having fun collecting them.
      Gail

Attachments:
    • Barbara Smith
      Participant

Been much less humid down our way this week and it is welcomed.i really appreciate you all sharing your doctor/dentist visits since we have our first in his office checkup next week, and I haven’t felt comfortable about going. I know we need our labs but wish they would send someone here and do the telephone visit. We are both past due on our glasses too.
      I bet your cake tasted good Sue. Our neighbor gave Jerry a Baggie of fresh blueberries he had picked from their yard. I froze them and have been looking at recipes. Glad your health reports were good. That’s a great gift right there. Worth more to me than material things. The older I get the more I understand all these sayings I’ve heard for years. Wish I had really listened back then.
      Gail, Jerry would have been right there with Gregg being a good lawyer. It may take him weeks but he will research and support his facts until I’m convinced or just too tired to keep on lol I would have liked to see him as a high school/college professor of history. He was always good with young people.
      This school year is so strange for young ones. Even little Colin will say “the sickness” when talking about school. He says “come see me” followed by “you can’t because of the sickness” how are your grandchildren accepting all this? I just don’t see how your children are able to co-ordinate all they have to do.
      Take care all. Hope everyone’s having a good day.

• adele shanbar
      Participant

Hey everyone!
      Here is the news from up here…first, I have to say that my neighbor, who lost his brother a week before Heather died, lost his mother on Monday. Since his brother died ( of diabetes related ) there was nobody in the home to help with his mother’s daily care, so they had to put her in a nursing home. She was only there 3 weeks. It was not covid. She had Alzheimer’s. Bunny went three times a week to shower her, and Glen visited on his lunch on way home, but with nobody there 24/7, it was a safety issue. He did have one other brother living there, but, he did nto want to chip in for her daily care. needless to say, he is pretty angry with him, as she would have lasted longer at home. We feel just terrible about his Mom dying. He was gong through so much with selling her house, getting rid of her things, etc, an now she is gone. Plus, i am a little afraid, because when something happens over there, it hits us pretty quick next over here. God help all of us. Please say a prayer for them, as they are lovely people.
      It is still hot but a little less humid today,. Humidity coming back tomorrow. Yuck We did nto get any storm damage. We got a lot of scary wind, and rain that went sideways, but not a lot of rain. Really only one bad downpour. So, we were lucky.
      The medium is coming Saturday……..Even Bobby will be a part of it, but, not Tillie. One….she does not believe in it, and two…..nobody wants to listen to,”what did she say” every five seconds….LOL So,w e are not pushing her to be a part of it.
      Steph is talking to everyone again. I did keep texting her every day, and one day she said…so, are you gong to apologize so we can be friends again?” My response was…..”for being your grandmother, and telling you the truth?” I guess that counted as an apology, becasue she started to talk to everyone. I am good with it,because life is way too short for petty disagreements and drama. Actually, that is one of the things I yelled at her….”I thought that 6/20 would have driven home the fact that these petty disagreements are not important”. No matter what, I am glad everyone is speaking again, and pray this is the last time. I was told she is no longer with Jhonny. This may the last and final time for them splitting up, because this time she told him to leave.
      I am feeling better. The doctor gave me ear drops, which worked. The belly has also calmed down. Not enough to add the nice veggies I want to eat,but, I am getting there. So, we are healing. I only cried once yesterday. It was when Gary was telling me about an old Blue Bloods he watched, and it was one of the segments about Linda dying. So, that was good too. It is 3:30,and I have not cried at all yet!

Colleen
      Yes, Santino has two teeth, and on his way to more. LOL Ill be glad when he has all of them.
      That was a funny eye doctor appointment. I would have started to laugh, cause I found it very amusing. But, good for them for being so cautious….still funny though….LOL
      Congrats on your nephew’s judgeship. I bet you are all so proud, and you should be!! Woohaa!!!

Gailster
      Oh yes, I did give her the throw early…LOL Plus, I did nto have to store it….LOL
      Tillie and I watched the Quacker show. Tillie got 3 shirts, and I got 2 of the jogging pants- one in dark red, and one in dark gray.

Did anyone notice the BooFetti chip and dip set??? I got it! I missed the cute set of salt and pepper shakers- the boy and girl ones. I did get the set of 4 glass dishes in pumpkin.

Sue
      First…..Happy Happy Happy Birthday!! So glad you made yourself a nice cake, and YES, it is healthy according to my health meter measure…..LOL
      Also glad you did nto get any storm damage. even happier that the “flop and squash” showed no issues!! Go Sue!! I love good news!!

Barbara
      Thank you for the present of your humidity. You can have it back…..LOL
      That is hysterical about your baby with “:the sickness”. It reminds me of that old saying….she has the vapors…..LOL Aizen will say it is because of Covid, and his eyebrow goes up, like Jack Nicholson”s does….LOL I have to say, they will have a lot to tell their grandkids some day.
      This has to be the worst time for this country, and everyone in it. Losing family and friends, losing their jobs, the food crisis, being so isolated,and then the protests turning violent. Everyone is suffering from some part of this virus, and nobody can do anything about it. Just trying to get a Clorox Wipe is enough to make you nuts. I can’t imagine those who do not have enough food in their fridge. We have plenty, because I stopped cooking. Gary gives me the what for every once in a while as he hates take out every night, or cereal. That is the one thing I have not been able to get back to doing, cooking and baking. I do not know why. I just have no interest at all, and I do not care one bit. Once in a while I feel guilty, as it is my job to feed my family. Gary thinks it is the empty chair. But the empty chair did not like to eat. I had to argue with her to eat. All she ate was those stupid Oui yogurts. There was one I spotted in back in the fridge and I screamed to get it out of there, or I will pitch it through the window. You had to see how they all looked at me- like I had lost my mind. For one brief second, I did. Yogurt will never be allowed in this fridge again. Maybe some day, I will allow the Greek yogurt, but not now. Not for a long time.
      Well, sorry for the sad rant at the end…….I love you guys!!
      Adele
      PS…love the pics and the memes.

• Colleen
      Participant

Hi Gail,
      My dad and my nephew are the only two. We do have a couple policeman in the family and that is about it. We have one person in the Army and no more then that.
      We have watched a couple of those concerts. They are pretty good. I cannot think of the guys name of who we have watched. He sang the song Remember When. I cannot believe that I cannot remember his name. That is driving me crazy I can picture him but cannot think of his name. Do you ever watch Huckabee? He had Barry Williams from Brady Bunch. He has a group that he sings with. There is only three of them his wife another guy and him. They sounded really good. He has a really good attitude about being a child actor not like most of them. He said that he liked to go to other sound stages and see other that were being taped.
      That is always good to hear if some one has passed kidney stones. Especially when you have a family member that is going thru the same thing. They have so much pain when they have those.
      It is really strange at the events that they are having and the ones they cancel. I wonder if they will have all the vendors there. I would imagine they will not have as many as usual but you never know. Did hear that Frank from Pickers is sick. I am wondering if he will be on the show again or not. I will be glad when they start showing new shows. I am getting tired of reruns.
      Mandy and I are going out to lunch tomorrow. They opened up a new fish restaurant here and we want to try it. They serve lobster tails and crab. There is not another pace in this area that serves that type of sea food. We usually have to go to St.Louis for that type of meal.
      That is about all from here. Have a great night and stay safe.
      Colleen

• Colleen
      Participant

Hi Barbara,
      Colin is so cute. It is funny how the little ones have picked up on this sickness and they cannot go anywhere. It is sad that kids that age has to go thru this. Aliza was supposed to go back to pre school but they decided to put it off for a semester. She is really disappointed she was ready to go back. The teacher has to wear a mask and it bothers some of the kids. The little ones do not have to wear one but the teachers do. It will be hard on her to miss this year but she will be fine I think.
      Did those exercises help you any with your strength? I hope that they did. I could not find the pictures of them our house still is full of stuff from my mom’s house and my sil’s house. I will be glad when we find a place to go with all this stuff.
      It was not fun having a dad that was a lawyer. He could ask more questions and ask in different ways and trip us up if we were trying to get away with something. All but my oldest sister. She could get around him more then any of us. I guess she was use to him and got good at it.
      Well that is about all from here. Have a good night and stay safe.
      Colleen

• Colleen
      Participant

Hi Adele,
      That is sad about your neighbor. I guess there are some people that cannot handle taking care of sick people. It is better to admit it then to try and not be able to do it. It is a shame that they could not get a visiting nurse to come in and help out with her. I will remember him and the family in my prayers.
      It has been really nice here. The weather has changed a little here. It has been cooler and less humid but that is all coming to an end over the week-end. It is going to get hot again and humid plus the rain is coming back again.
      I worry about you listening to this medium. It is going to get you upset and you do not need that. I will be saying a prayer for you. I just do not know that is a good idea.
      I am glad to hear that Steph is talking to everyone again. I wonder why she gets mad like that all the time. She needs to realize that all of that is not worth it. Like you said Life is short and it is not worth fighting with family over anything.
      It was weird to have to sit there and not talk. I am glad that there was someone else in there that felt the way I did. We had to sit in those dumb cubicles and stare into space. They do not have magazines in the offices either. So there is nothing to read either. Boring sitting there with your mask on and not being able to do anything. We all looked like a bunch of bank robbers trying not to be identified.
      These poor little guys have so much to go thru with getting their teeth. It will be nice when they get a mouth full. Grayson is crawling around by pulling himself with his arm and pushing with his feet. The tummy crawl. My oldest daughter did that until she started pulling up and taking a few steps. Then she started to crawl on her knees.
      I have not been cooking as much here lately. We eat a lot sandwiches it is easier and right now I do not feel like eating. It is easier to have a sandwich then a big meal. I am thinking a chicken in the slow cooker with potatoes, carrots and onions. If I do not do it quick it won’t get done. I will change my mind and it won’t get done.
      Maybe you should move the chair away from the table until you can take it being there. It took awhile for us to get eating at my mom’s dining room set but we do now and remember all the good meals and times we had around the table.
      Well that is about all from here. Please take care of yourself.and stay safe.
      Love ya
      Colleen

• Colleen
      Participant

Gail, I remembered who the singer is I was thinking of. Alan Jackson. I really like him too.
      Colleen

• Anonymous
      Inactive

I post in case you did not know Simon Cowell has broken his back in several places. He is in the hospital. I wonder what this will do to AGT if he can’t be on.

• Gail Norusis
      Participant

I am only guessing but I am thinking that the show must go on. When he is well enough he can probably zoom his judging. I don’t know how close they are to audiences voting but once that starts happening it will be a different situation too. Greg has one of those electric bikes and we were just talking about what might have happened.
      I hope Simon will be okay.

• Colleen
      Participant

Hi Gail,
      I have never seen one of those electric bikes. Are they like a motor cycle or a regular bike that kids ride. I feel kind of dumb not knowing what they look like. I hope that Greg is really careful when he is riding and does not hurt his back like Simon has.
      Colleen

• Gail Norusis
      Participant

I will try to explain the electric bike as well as I can. It is just like a regular bike. It has five assist settings. So if you are peddling Greg says you can put it on 1 and it makes you feel like your legs are ten years younger, 2 20 years younger, 3 30 years younger on steroids. He says he uses three for going up the big hills. So really it is an electric assist. I guess at five it would pedal by itself but he says he never used that. Basically it’s a bike to make it easier for us older folks to ride. You get the exercise but don’t have to exert as much but it’s still riding a bike with a gentle assist. It is no where close to a scooter or anything like that. If you saw one driving by you would just think the person was riding a regular bike. Greg’s friend Tim does a lot of bike riding for exercise and he has one.

• Gail Norusis
      Participant

Greg’s bike looks sorta like this. I heard Simon’s was a mountain bike which I think is a different body style.

Attachments:
    • Gail Norusis
      Participant

Hi Colleen,
      Oh, I never saw the Alan Jackson concert. I like him too. He had a good 911 song called Where were you when the world stopped turning. Very moving.
      We just watched one that I had copied with Vince Gill and Reba. Sometimes I forget to check them out so I have missed some.
      I don’t know what Huckabee is so I don’t think I have ever watched it. lol
      Is Frank sick now? I had heard that he had back surgery. I don’t think they will be able to film again until they can go to places and that might be awhile. Maybe they could wear masks and social distance while they are hunting for “rusty gold.” lol
      How was your lunch with Mandy-what did you order from the seafood place?
      We passed a milestone on Friday. We were dropping off vegetables at Jenny’s and when we were leaving we remarked about how much we missed fish frys. Well we didn’t want to spend 45 minutes just waiting to pick up from our regular place so we decided to drive through Culvers and get their fish dinner. So that was the first time since March that we had gotten food from outside our house. It sure felt good not to cook!
      Gail

Attachments:
    • Gail Norusis
      Participant

Hi Barbara,
      I wonder how much the little kids like Colin understand about what is going on.
      I know ours know that if they go into WalMart with Mom they have to wear their masks. I know because they were going there last Friday to pick up a birthday present for their cousin and they got in the car carrying their masks with them.
      The regular masks like you would get in the doctor’s office fit Greg all right but some of the cloth masks that I have bought don’t fit him at all and I just can’t figure it out. I have no problem whatsoever. He doesn’t have a big head but maybe a big face or his ears are set farther back on his head. I have bought several masks that just don’t fit him right at all so now I will get them and what do I want with a White Sox mask when I am a Cubs fan. lol So I tried ordering these extra large ones off Amazon hoping they will work. But they are just boring white-the other’s I got had cuter patterns. lol
      I hope your check ups go well this week. I have to get labs too but have been putting them off but I better do them soon before my rheumatologist has a kitten. I do them up at the hospital so was reluctant to go before but I need to get them done soon.
      Hope everyone is well down your way and the temps aren’t too hot.
      Gail

Attachments:
    • Anonymous
      Inactive

Gail you can find pictures of all kinds of electric bikes on the internet. Just a few clicks & there they are. So much faster than when we had to search for things without the internet. I like to explore & learn new things. I just thought Simon’s accident would have an impact on the show. I know he could vote from where ever he is but I thought he was also the shows producer. I guess he could hold meetings with others but think it would be better hands on. Someone to be there to take care of what ever pops up. I think it is difficult with everyone being apart & no audience. I just do not know how they are going to do DWTS but it won’t be the same without Tom anyway.
      I think this pandemic will continue for a long time as they cannot get it under control when people think they can do as they please. Our numbers have really gone up again since people had to have everything open even defying orders to do so. We are seeing more cases right here in Belleville. It is also in the Amish community as one of their drivers got it from them & took it home to his family. Sometimes I wonder why I am fighting to stay healthy.

• Gail Norusis
      Participant

Hi Adele,
      I’m so sorry that your neighbor lost his Mom. I hope he does not feel guilty as he made the best choice that he could for her care. I know from experience that Alzheimer’s patients can not be left on their own so she needed the extra care. I will say a prayer for them.
      Glad that Steph is communicating again. Sorry that Jhonny is gone. They seem to have a turbulent relationship. Hope they boys are doing okay with all the changes.
      I like the Quacker jogger pants. I bought a couple sets with the tops last winter and wore them all the time at home. Very comfy!
      I saw the boofetti chip and dip. Love the cute little tooth pick holders. They do have cute Halloween stuff. I hope the Q will have some fall decor shows.
      Wonder if there will even be any trick or treating this year. it doesn’t matter as we don’t get any kids here anyway but I know the kids love going.
      Gail

Attachments:
    • Anonymous
      Inactive

Gail I just saw your posts about masks for Greg. Go you have any that can be adjusted for around the ears. Can be made shorter or longer. I have one of those. Another thing some of us have so many things behind the ear already (glasses, hearing aids) it is hard getting everything to fit right. I only have trouble when I go to remove it then it catches on everything & I must be careful or it pulls the hearing aid out.

• Dianne Danielson
      Participant

Hi Ladies,
      I hope everyone is doing fine. I haven’t read all the posts but I did see something that caught my attention. For everyone who has trouble with their masks, did you know they have extenders that wrap around the back of your head? I’ve seen ads on tv for them & someone here was showing one to me.
      I was given a mask awhile back, but it didn’t fit, it was way too small, more like for children. You might want to check it out & see if it helps.
      Our weather has been on the edge of fall the past few days. Wake up to cloudy & cool mornings with warm afternoons. I can smell fall in the air, cooler, crisper in the mornings & later in the evening. It cools off faster in the evenings. But they’re saying next weekend we’re heading into a heatwave, upper 80s & 90s for a couple days, then cooler. It’ll be up & down for awhile.
      Diane found an air conditioner at her residence sitting out by the trash last week. She took it inside & tested it & it works fine. So she brought it over yesterday for me to try out. I can use it for the bedroom on the fan since I don’t have a window set up for an ac.
      You’re not the only ones who isn’t cooking meals every night. I cook a couple times a week or so but when it’s REALLY hot here, I won’t cook. Even for Critt. I tell him if its hot I won’t cook so he has to fend for himself. He has 2 freezers full of food so it’s not like he’s going without. He supplies the meat, steaks, hamburger, roast, whatever so it’s not like I’m buying everything. Sometimes I have a sandwich, cold fruit, snacks, just nothing hot. I think it’s normal to do that. I don’t bake either, unless it’s cloudy, cool, rainy outside.
      Is anybody getting ready to check out your fall decor yet? I can’t believe it’s gonna be fall next month.
      Well, I guess that’s all for now.
      take care & stay safe.
      dd

Attachments:
    • Colleen
      Participant

Hi Gail,
      That does look like a normal bike. You would have to know what it was when you saw it on the road. You learn something new everyday. Thanks for sending the picture of it.
      I just really like Vince Gill. The only thing that bothers me is he cries so much and then I start crying. He sang a song about his dad or a friend and it was so sad. It was about their death. I cannot remember the name of it. I remember the song that Allen Jackson sang about 911. It was really good song. It seem like the Country singers come out with some of the best patriotic songs. I like the one Proud to be an American by Lee Greenwood.
      It is Governor Huckabee. He has a show on Saturdays and it is political sometimes but he always has good guests. He has had a lot of the old actors and actresses. It is just fun to watch at times.
      We really had a nice lunch. They have cajon style food. They put it in one of those foil pans that you would bake something in. We ordered the lobster dinner and it was enough for three people. It had lobster (2), 2 clusters of crab legs, shrimp, potatoes and corn on the cob. I couldn’t believe when they brought it out. They did not tell us that there was going to be that much in there. The food was really good and filling. We could not eat anything after that. The place was really small so they get a lot of take out orders and no one was sitting close to us so it was really nice. We will go back there again. The food was not real spicy they give you the hot spices on the side. So it worked out really well.
      Frank did have back surgery but I read that he is having some type of stomach problem. I will have to look that up again and see what they called it. He had some bleeding with it.
      I found out about the watermelon exploding. If they are going bad they build up a gas on the inside. When you cut into it it explodes. It will make a a hissing noise so if you hear that get out of the way.
      It is nice to know that Culvers has good fish dinners. We will have to check it out.
      Have a great night. Stay safe.
      Colleen

• Colleen
      Participant

Hi DD,
      We have been having storms here. The wind got really bad for awhile but then it stopped. We could not get on the internet for a long time. It is supposed to start up again later tonight. We had nice weather for awhile and then it started heating up again and then the storms moved in.
      That was nice that Diane found that air conditioner for you. It will be nice if it keeps your room cool enough to sleep at night. I am surprised that they do not have central air for those apartments. It must be really hot on the upper levels because heat travels up.
      I love the smell of fall. The crisp cool weather and the smell of the apples and and pumpkins. I just wish that we could grow fall flowers. We have not have much luck with them.
      That makes it nice that you can cook food for Critt and you both have a good meal and you split the bill. It is a good way to do that. You each have someone to eat with and not alone.
      I really enjoy the pictures that you post. The pictures of the ocean are so calming. The only scary thing is it seems to just keep going and going and it would be easy to get lost.
      Colleen

• adele shanbar
      Participant

Hey Colleen
      Sorry took me so long to get back in here
      I know what you mean. Everything is so different when someone is gone. Steph is having a real hard time. She lost a lot of weight and weighed 100 lbs when Heather died She looks anorexic. She spent the night here Sunday. JJ is still here. Steph will be back today.
      I made one of the jars of Pesto with linguini last night as that is her favorite
      The medium was good. It was comforting to hear a message from Heather. She said thank you for all the help over the years and wanted me to know she knew it was not easy for me as a dingle parent snd that she had a good childhood. I cried. But it was good tears. My Dad came through and said he was dancing in his blue suede shoes and told me to take good care of his uniform.
      There was no way this medium would have known about his uniform. He wanted to be buried in it snd I could not let his uniform go. I buried him in a suit. I kept his uniform. Isn’t they hysterical??
      It is gross up here. Very hot and humid
      Hope you are ok. Sonny is teething bad. Poor little things. He is crawling funny too. Lol
      Hope all is ok there!!!
      Adele

• adele shanbar
      Participant

Hey Sue
      I heard he broke his back But I have no idea how he did it. Something about a bike?? Omg. I feel so bad for him He will be missed terribly on AGT
      Adele
      Ps. Hope you are ok

• adele shanbar
      Participant

Thanks to Greg snd Gail for the research on the bike issue!!
      That is just awful about Simon. Prayers sent
      Adele

• adele shanbar
      Participant

Hey Sue snd everyone
      Our boys come in with their masks on too. But take them off in here. Wearing a mask is their new normal. Very sad
      I hate the remote TV thing too. But we have no choice. It has affected everything in our lives. Nothing will ever be the same
      I forgot who is replacing the host on DwTS’s. It is a woman I believe
      Hope everyone is good
      Adele

• adele shanbar
      Participant

Hey Gailster
      My neighbor is so upset. He feels so bad that he could not see his mother for two of the last three weeks of her life. They had her in quarantine for to weeks He had seen her almost every day when she was home and his wife Bunny ( my bestie) went to shower her three times a week. Just so sad that he had to put her there. But, sh was getting too far along in the disease and they could not be there 24/7
      When his brother was alive all was good cause he lived there…. he died a week before Heather All so sad
      It is good the kids were he. Nothing like th sound of kids in the pool having fun
      Do you recall those cute lighted Halloween decorations from last year? One was a ghost with a pumpkin in his hand. I got them of course and Tillie wanted the ghost but he was out of stock He is back in stock and got delivered yesterday. I had J J bring him din and position him where she will see it from her recliner. Tillie was so happy about hat dam ghost!! She carried and said she looks at it all day long and it is something happy
      So….. The Aizen comes in and says…. will you be bringing down the big witch for Halloween? I say…..do not worry this whole house will be decorated for Halloween. I think the poor kid thought that since his Monni was gone, all decorating would cease. Most certainly not. That would make this house way too sad
      Hope your day is good
      Adele

• adele shanbar
      Participant

Hey DD
      I bought one decoration for me and one for aTillie. Lease read my post to Gail for the info of the day
      I would love it if it were cool here. It is over100 on my deck with a humidity level in the 80’s. Totally gross
      I did minor cooking yesterday. All I did was boil linguini for the Pesto sauce I had in the fridge. That was easy enough. But it did heat up the kitchen. Tonight Gary will do burgers on the grill as long as it is not thundering
      Stay cool!!
      Adele

• adele shanbar
      Participant

Omg Colleen. That is so funny about the watermelons exploding. It would’ve a huge mess!
      Adele

• Gail Norusis
      Participant

Hey everyone,
      I will write more later but I just wanted to tell you about our adventure. Big storms whipped through late yesterday afternoon. So Greg and I are in the basement because there are tornado warnings all around us. We’re down there about a half hour and just as we decide to come back upstairs the lights flicker a couple of times and then it goes dark. Luckily Greg has a shop light not too far from where we were so he gets that and just as we start to go up the stairs the water starts rushing in from the window well. It was just kind of the perfect storm of bad things happening. Everything was fine until the power went out and there was so much water that the back up sump pump couldn’t handle it so it started letting water in. It wasn’t as bad as the time before as Greg ran and got the generator and hooked the pump back up. But boy did it pour. Three inches in about a half hour. All our sunflowers were torn up and I had such pretty different color ones this year. So the next thing after a couple hours is we start worrying about the refrigerator and freezers. Especially now since Covid I have the freezers packed so we don’t have to shop often. So we had the two refrigerators and the freezer running off the generator thank God for that. You could hear the generators running all up and down our street. However, our main fridge is really fitted in a tight spot so we had to have Jenny and Ricky come over to help Greg to pull it out from the wall far enough to hook it up to the generator. So we got to visit with them for a little bit too and then we saw Jenny’s friend walking down the street with her dog and her boys so Jenny visited with her for a bit. Jenny and Ricky brought the dogs too so we let them run around for a bit. So we have electric cables all over the place. Greg taped them down after we kept tripping over them and nearly broke our necks. So I filled up a lot of flameless candles with batteries and we plugged one lamp into the generator so at least we had light. So last night we ended up playing board games by a camping light until midnight. lol
      So as the day was going by today we were getting more and more worried as Com Ed Said we could expect to be running again by 3 P. M. on August 15th. That’s Friday!!! So we were just sitting there trying to figure out how we were going to handle that when the lights came back on. Boy-did I say a quick thanksgiving prayer. Hallelujah!
      By the way it’s a good thing we have a pond as we were using pond water to flush the toilets. lol Sometimes you can prepare and fill a couple buckets before hand but this one caught us by surprise. So that is the adventures of Greg and Gail. I hope we don’t have any more like this one. lol
      Gail
      So all told the power was off for 22 hours. That’s enough.

• adele shanbar
      Participant

OMG Gailster!!
      That is my biggest fear and worst nightmare…tornado warnings. Did you have one, or the straight line winds, as they call them? It sounds like something awful went by your place. I am so glad you are all ok, and nothing awful happened to the house. Lucky you have a generator. I think most people who live in an area where there are tornado warnings have them! I have been thinking of getting one, with the severity of all these storms coming through.
      So good to know you are ok, your lights are back on, and all your food is safe. A prayer of thanks for you will be done.
      So good to hear good news.
      Luv u guys!
      Adele
      PS….I see that band of storms heading our way on radar.

• Colleen
      Participant

Hi Adele,
      I am glad that you checked in. I was worried about you. I am glad that the medium worked out okay for you. I am so sorry to hear about Steph. Is this all because her and Johnny split up and the loss of her mom? I am glad that she spent the night with you. It is lucky that she has you around to help her thru this. How is Tillie? Is she feeling better and not as depressed.
      We had storms here last night. Luckily we did not have any damage so that was good. They had damage in different places in the state. Danyielle did not have any damage where she is either. We have to thank the Lord for keeping us all safe.
      It is really hard on families that have family members in a nursing home right now. They cannot visit their family and if they get sick. I can understand why your neighbor is so upset. I do not know if they are helping anyone out doing it this way. People have a lot of regrets and that makes it harder. There has to be a better way to handle all of this.
      Poor Aizen. He really thought that all the decorations would stay in the closet this year. You probably made him feel good knowing that you are going to decorate. Kids really pick up on things like that.
      Well that is all from here. Have a great night and rest.
      Colleen

• Colleen
      Participant

Hi Gail,
      I was hoping that you had the problem with the basement flooding solved. I hope that it does not do too much damage and you do not have to replace flooring or anything. I think you had the same storms there as we had in Missouri. We did not have any damage so we were okay. They had damage in different places.
      I am glad that your electric came back on so quickly. I hate that when the electric goes out and you have a freezer full of food. It is hard to replace all of it. It does not do any good to cook a bunch of food because you do not have anywhere to put it to keep it fresh.At least in the winter you can put thing outside and it will stay frozen. We have had the electric go off both times of the year.
      Colleen

• adele shanbar
      Participant

Hi Colleen
      Thank you for the kind words. I have my good and bad moments. The bad moments don’t last long. I get weepy at the weirdest things. Like yesterday when they announced Kamala Harris I thought wait til I tell Heather. But Heather is not here. Then I cried a little
      My hair is falling out so bad. I want to get my hair cut real short to stress it less.
      I heard about the storms. Gail wrote about them too. I said a prayer of thanks that nobody was hurt. Thank God there was no damage
      With Steph it is two fold Loss of her Mom and Jhonny. She felt he was not supporting her or understanding why she was upset. I just want her to eat so she does not lose more weight. She looks like she weighs around 90 lbs or less Her face looks gaunt
      Still gross up here. Very hot and humid
      Adele

• Gail Norusis
      Participant

Hi DD,
      Thanks for the info on the mask extenders-I just saw a picture of one the other day.
      The paper masks fit him okay so he can always go with those. I just thought the cloth masks were better as they are reusable. I’ll see how the extra large ones that I got from Amazon will work for him.
      That will be nice to have the AC in the bedroom so that you can sleep on the hot nights.
      I’m not looking forward to fall yet. At least in the warmer weather restaurants can have outdoor seating and we can see the kids outdoors-all that will go away once winter hits. It will be a long lonely winter.
      Gail

Attachments:
    • Gail Norusis
      Participant

Hey Sue-I have a question for you.
      I have heard people make reference to WaWa. It’s usually people that seem to be in Pennsylvania. We don’t have that here. It sounds like maybe it is like a 7-11 or like a store that you would have with a gas station but I don’t really know what it is. Do you know and if you do can you please explain.
      Thanks in advance.
      Gail

Attachments:
    • Gail Norusis
      Participant

Hi Colleen,
      Greg thought he had the flooding issue taken care of too but he said it was the situation of the perfect storm of events so hopefully it won’t happen again.
      22 hours seemed like a long time without power. There was no way we could have cooked all the food in the freezers as they are packed. lol Besides we have an electric oven. lol So we would have had to start the gas cooktop manually with a match or use the grill. lol
      Mostly everyone out here seems to have generators. Fortunately it wasn’t boiling hot either so we didn’t miss the AC too much. I know you can always open windows but sometimes if it is really humid outdoors that almost makes it worse as it lets all that damp air in.
      Greg just read that there are still people in the area without power. Thank goodness we weren’t on the end of the line with the start up.
      It sounds like that restaurant would be a place that we would like. I like those places like The Crab Shack where you can get the bucket with the crab and shrimp and sausage potato and corn. Greg and I always wish there was a place like that around here.
      I had not heard that Frank also has a stomach problem. I hope that he will be okay. Greg and I always get a kick when they call him ” the bearded charmer” and the ladies flirt with him. lol We think those guys would be lost without Danielle back home getting leads for them and holding down the fort.
      I will have to remember if I ever hear a watermelon hissing to jump back and throw it out the door.
      Speaking of melons Greg just noticed that we have a melon growing in the garden and he didn’t even plant any this year. lol
      Gail

Attachments:
    • Gail Norusis
      Participant

Hi Adele,
      The host of DWTS is Tyra Banks-remember when she hosted AGT and she also had the modeling competition-Was it American’s next Top Model or something? Not sure as I never watched it.
      I don’t remember the ghost with the pumpkin decoration-was it on the Q? Who made it? It sounds cute.
      Anyway, I’m glad Tillie is enjoying it so much.
      I thought Aizen was afraid of the big witch-maybe it was when he was younger. I remember her. I like her.
      You know I don’t like tornado warnings either but I think when you have lived in the midwest all your life you get used to them a little bit. I’m grateful that we have always had a basement-many in the southern states are not that lucky. We have had some touch downs pretty close to us before and back in the late 60’s there was a big one in a town down the road from us-you always remember that. We have a TV in the basement so as long as there is power we can watch weather updates and see where the storms are traveling. It’s better than the old days with just radios down there. Although without power an old school battery transistor radio would be better than nothing. I think there is a battery radio around here somewhere.
      No there wasn’t a tornado here but the wind and the rains must have combined to uproot the sunflowers as they don’t have deep roots and are very tall plants. Greg went out and tried to put them back up and stake them so we’ll see what happens. We also had another tree down. More firewood for him to chainsaw. They had predicted strong winds with these storms-in fact I heard that a semi was blown down somewhere.
      You know it’s not a bad idea for anyone to have a generator. You sometimes have bad storms coming off the ocean. Or you could have a blizzard and lose power too.
      We definitely said a prayer of thanks when the power returned.
      Today is Lachlan’s 10th birthday. Just yesterday I was looking at his baby photos where they had him sleeping in a little pea pod. It was so precious and now he’s a ten year old boy. Where does the time go?
      Gail

Attachments:
    • Anonymous
      Inactive

Gail I don’t know of any WaWa in PA. The closest one I know of is in Maryland. There may be one I do not know about. My guess is if there is one it would be in the Phila. area. It is a convience store, fast food, coffee, & gas store. Kind of like the Sheetz we have around here. We really don’t have many of the things here. They even removed our Wendy’s. We have no Starbucks & I thought they were everywhere. It would be easier to list what we have as it isn’t much. Oh we don’t have 7 11 either.

I am getting so discouraged as I cannot even go out for what I need as there are so many people with no masks & do not social distance. I am about ready to give up. If I get it no one but you girls would care. My family is gone so if I get it I won’t fight it. I am just tired of fighting to stay healthy when people don’t care.

• Dianne Danielson
      Participant

Hi Ladies,
      Gail, that must’ve been so terrifying for you & your husband. I can’t even imagine the terror of that wind blowing all around you. I’m glad you’re okay. I hope you were able to save all your frozen foods. That’d be a tremendous loss for you. I hope it’s all over for you.
      Thursday is all fall decor all day long on the Q. I have plenty of fall decor. I can always hit the $ tree if I want to add or replace things. Every year they come out with something new I can’t live without. lol
      I did my first dr appt. on my phone today. It was weird. But I won’t go to the office or the hospital unless I’m on my deathbed.
      I can definitely feel fall in the air, it cools off quickly at night & is quite cool in the morning. but the heat will be coming in a couple days. Summer isn’t quite over yet.
      Well, that’s all I got for tonight.
      take care & stay safe.
      dd

Attachments:
    • Gail Norusis
      Participant

Sue,
      I agree it is frustrating when you see unmasked people everywhere when every health official is telling people we would be so much better off if people would do two things wear masks and social distance. I think a lot of it trickles down from poor national leadership.
      We have come to the conclusion that we can’t make people do what we want so we just need to try and take care of ourselves by masking up and going out into public places as little as possible. That’s about all we can do as people continue to act in an uninformed manner or act as if nothing unusual is going on.
      Don’t give up hope though. I think you would be surprised at the number of people who would care if something happened to you. I know we all would care and I’ll bet that there are many more out there than you realize.
      Thanks for the info on the WaWa. I thought it was like a convenience store but just wasn’t sure. I think I will google it and see if I can find what states that it is in.
      Hang in there.
      Hugs,
      Gail

Attachments:
    • Gail Norusis
      Participant

Hi DD,
      Thanks for your concern for us. Everything turned out okay in the end. It is always scary when those storms blow through.
      I am really not looking forward to winter this year when everyone is forced indoors. We probably won’t be able to see the kids at all then.
      The last several years we have had some warm weather into October so i hope that it is that way this year.
      No fall trip for us out to see Brent this year either. I still have hope that next year will be better. That’s what sustains me.
      I don’t have a scheduled doctor appointment until November and I am just assuming that will be in person. We’ll see.
      Gail

Attachments:
    • Colleen
      Participant

Hi Gail,
      The last time our electric was off for a long time they came around to see how much food we lost and they were going to give us the money for what the food was worth. I cannot remember what group it was now but it was nice for them to do that.There is not telling how much it cost them because they went to all the houses in the area.
      We also have generators around here also. I would love to get that new one that they advertise that turns on as soon as your electric goes. I think they call them genrac. It would be nice to have and then you would not have to worry about hooking all of that up. I think it runs off your propane tank.
      Frank has Crohn disease. I probably spelled that wrong. It has been acting up and he has had some bleeding. I have not heard anything else about him. I hope he gets better.
      I am not sure where all this restaurant is located. It is Called Krabby Daddy. They really have some good food. The only thing that I miss is the biscuits that they make at Red Lobster. I miss them they were so good. We have to drive into St. Louis to go there. Do not want to go up there to eat out.
      We cut open another water melon today. Ron took it outside and cut it open. We figure that if it is outside we will not have that big a mess to clean up. We will not get as much all over us.
      Have a great night and stay safe.
      Colleen

• adele shanbar
      Participant

Hey Gailster
      Yes he was afraid of the witch last year. That’s why I thought it was particularly amusing. Kids are so funny. He wants to make sure life is going forward and that is good too
      Happy Birthday to Lachlan!!! Did you get to see him yesterday?
      Tillie and I got our hair cut. Mine is real short to have less stress and hopefully stop all the hair that has been falling out
      It will be in the 80 s up here with less humidity thank God!
      I like Tyra Banks. She is very entertaining. Should be interesting
      I got the ghost from the Q. I can’t remember the name of the company. But now they have another ghost one that is bigger too. Let me know if you can’t find him and I’ll look up my order
      Sorry about your tree!
      Have a good one….
      Adele

• adele shanbar
      Participant

Dearest Sue
      I understand why you would feel that way. But please do not give up. You are an important and lovely person. I am sure your neighbors and friends snd even your old co workers would be devastated if you got sick
      This virus has made us all depressed and feeling hopeless. People have gotten lax on their precautions and that is scary to us older folks.
      Please don’t give up. We love you!
      Adele

• adele shanbar
      Participant

Hey DD
      Dam. I missed the Fall decorating shows! I love those
      No Fall here. At least the heat wave broke. Grateful for that
      The pollen is bad up here and I am wheezing bad, and Im inside….. go figure
      The baby started crawling yesterday and pulled himself up kn his playpen. Pina sent me videos last night
      Hope you and Critt are good!
      Adelr

• adele shanbar
      Participant

Colleen
      Did that watermelon explode too??
      Adele

• Gail Norusis
      Participant

Hi Colleen,
      I wonder what group that was asking about what foods were lost when the power was off. It almost sounds kind of suspicious-like a scam of some sort. You just don’t see people doing something like that out of the kindness of their hears anymore-or maybe I have just gotten too cynical lately.
      I wonder if the generator you are thinking of is a whole house generator. Our friends with the summer home up north have one mostly for winter storms.
      I know Greg occasionally thinks about getting one.
      I didn’t know that Frank had Chron’s disease (I can never remember how to spell it either lol) He must be having some kind of flare. I hope they get things under control for him.
      I wonder how they will film all the shows in the fall. I guess there is a way to do it. The soaps are back filming now so maybe the other shows can take notes from them. Still can’t figure out how DWTS will do it. My sister said she has not gone back to dancing yet as she still considers it too dangerous.
      We streamed a concert last night from our little local theater. It was a Carpenters Tribute. They weren’t very good. But at one point they brought two people up from the audience for a song. First they told them to take off their masks which i wouldn’t have done as they were standing close. They gave the woman a horn to squeeze and the guy one of those slide whistles. Anyway at certain points they were supposed to use those. Well the guy couldn’t work the slide whistle for the life of him which was kind of funny. But after they were done the male performer wanted to show the people what the whistle was supposed to sound like so he takes the whistle that the guy from the audience was blowing in says I’m sanitizing it-wipes it on the bottom of his coat and then puts it in his mouth and plays it. Ick!!!!!!!!!! Greg and I just about had a cow watching that. Even without Covid I wouldn’t blow that right after a stranger did. Gross! Just call me Howie Mandel junior. lol
      I looked up Crabby Daddy but couldn’t find where there were locations of it except in Texas. I will have to dig deeper. I wish we had a place like that around here.
      Good idea to cut that watermelon outdoors. Now when ever we have watermelon I will think of that. lol
      Gail

Attachments:
    • Dianne Danielson
      Participant

Hi Ladies,
      This will be short. It’s gonna be hotter than a firecracker out here the next few days. 100+ up & down the valley. I hope my ACs can keep up!! We made the national news about it tonight.
      I’m sorry I didn’t notify you in time to catch the fall shows. I have to say they seemed priced kinda high. Maybe I’m thinking in line with my ability to buy. I’ve been seeing people on FB complaining about how high priced things are these days on the Q. From the food, to clothing, everything. Somebody must be able to get things cause I see SOLD OUT signs on alot of things.
      There was a picture of David & Jane, & the comments were down right nasty. They were posting about the FriYay show. Wow. Women sure can be nasty when they don’t like the hosts.
      Take care & stay safe.
      dd

Attachments:
    • Colleen
      Participant

Hi Gail,
      It was a government agency but cannot remember who they were. Ron cannot remember the name either. I thought they were a group from a church but that is not where they came from. We had a generator so did not lose a lot of food.
      It is a generator that runs the whole house when the electric goes out. I think it waits a few minutes then it turns on. It would be nice to have then we would not have to worry about food in the fridge or freezer.
      I had read in one article that he had some bleeding. They did not say what caused it but it was probably the chrone disease. I knew one person that had it but I never heard of her having trouble with it.
      It will be different watching all these shows. I do not see how they will do dwts when they are not supposed to get that close. I do not see how they are going to dance with masks on if they make them wear them. It will be different that is for sure. I hope they do the Mask singer. I really like that show. It one where they all just seem to be having fun and it does not matter if they win or lose they just want to enjoy themselves.
      That guy was really taking a chance putting that slide whistle in his mouth after someone he does not know. That was not a smart thing to do. If he gets covid he will be sorry that he was being so careless.
      Krabby Daddy spelled with a K instead of a C. They have two them in our area. One in Farmington and then one in Festus. We go to the one in Farmington.
      We cut into the watermelon and it did not explode. So we were lucky. Mandy was not that lucky she got the one that exploded. I could see her face when it did that. It is funny when she tells it but would not be as funny if it happened to us.
      Well that is all from here. Have a good day and stay safe.
      Colleen

• Colleen
      Participant

Hi Adele,
      Sorry that I missed your post. I saw it today when I was going thru the e-mails. I really do miss things here lately. I just had my eyes checked and they were fine. I guess that I just do not look careful enough.
      I know how hard it is to watch a person lose weight like that. I hope that you can get her to start eating. You can help her I am sure. It is sad that Johnny did not understand how she felt. It is hard to know how to help her thru this. She does have to take care of those boys they need her. Maybe if you remind her of that she will do better. She is a good mom and the boys are important to her. I will say a prayer for her.
      I am sorry to hear that you are losing your hair. Have you called the doctor to see if there is something that you can do for it. Sometimes it is medicine that you take along with the worry. I hope that you get it to stop.
      We could eat the watermelon that we had. My daughter picked the bad one. I felt so bad for her. I would not want to have to clean up the mess that she had. We will never cut into a watermelon in the house again. We will do that every time we get a watermelon.
      That is so cool that Sonny is crawling now and pulling himself up. I do not think that Grayson is pulling up yet. I have not seen him for a few days. I will see him Sunday and Monday. Brook wants me to take her looking for a car.
      Well that is about all from here. Have a good day and stay safe.
      Colleen

• Colleen
      Participant

Hi DD,
      It is really hot there. We are cooling down for a few days. I cannot believe that you are getting our weather and we are getting yours. It will only last for a few days though.
      It seems like the prices are going up on everything. QVC is just as bad as the other places. I order some food from the q but not much else. If I buy Quacker it is off the clearance page. It is really sad that things are going this way.
      It is sad that people are being so mean to each other right now. I guess it is the times. People have been locked up for so long they are getting nasty. I guess that we all need things to do.
      Thank you for posting the pictures. They are so pretty and calming. I am grateful that yo post them and Gail posts the memes.
      Have a good day and stay safe.
      Colleen

• adele shanbar
      Participant

Hey DD
      We did hear how bad it was out your way.
      Also heard about the storms. I hope you are ok. It looked bad on the world news
      I agree things are getting very expensive on the Q. Even Tillie remarked that the Quacker line of clothes are not what they used to be. The embellishments are not as fancy and the price keeps going up. They are not cotton anymore either. I miss the fancy sequins and colors from the old times
      It is gloomy here and cooler. Overcast and drizzling all day
      Hope you have a good night. Stay safe!!
      Adele

• adele shanbar
      Participant

Hey DD
      We did hear how bad it was out your way.
      Also heard about the storms. I hope you are ok. It looked bad on the world news
      I agree things are getting very expensive on the Q. Even Tillie remarked that the Quacker line of clothes are not what they used to be. The embellishments are not as fancy and the price keeps going up. They are not cotton anymore either. I miss the fancy sequins and colors from the old times
      It is gloomy here and cooler. Overcast and drizzling all day
      Hope you have a good night. Stay safe!!
      Adele

• adele shanbar
      Participant

Hey Colleen
      I had my hair cut real short so it won’t get tangled I’ll attach a pic. I tried to smile but it just looks so fake. My mouth smiles but my eyes just do not follow suit. That’s why I look sad all the time. It’s kind of a fake smile. Lol
      I bet Greyson will pull himself up shortly. He is a little younger than Sonny.
      Are you guys ok??? We heard on the news the storms were real bad out your way. We’re these new storms or the ones Gail spoke of? I am praying for all your safety
      It is hard to get Steph to eat because she says she will vomit it back up. I hoe this ends soon cause she does not look healthy. Thank you for your prayers. She needs them!!
      I’ll attach a pic of aTillie too with her new haircut. Lol
      Hope you are all ok and have a good night
      Adele

Attachments:
    • Colleen
      Participant

Hi Adele,
      I like both of your haircuts. You look with short hair and so does Tillie. You two look like you are ready for a night out. It is just a shame there is no place to go since most things are closed. You will have to party at home. Your smile looks good to me. It will get better as time goes on.
      We have had storms here but we did not have any damage. We also had the storms that Gail had. We did not have any tornado warnings here though. It is hard to believe that Gail’s basement flooded again. At least it was not as bad as before.
      Steph can get some medicine to stop her from throwing up. I have some that I have to take and they really help. I know the reason I get sick is a lot different then hers though. It would be worth the call to her doctor.
      We are all doing fine here. I hope that everyone there is doing okay. I hope that the other two girls are doing okay and getting on with their lives. Just wish that Steph could do the same. I will remember all of you in my prayers.
      Have a good night and stay safe.
      Colleen

• Gail Norusis
      Participant

Hi DD,
      I’m sorry that you are getting such hot weather. I know it is really hitting the west and the southwest.
      You know I am amazed at how nasty things can get online. It’s like everyone is mad right now. I am not on Facebook but sometimes Greg will tell me about how awful people can be to each other from what he reads. I wonder if people would say these things if they had to say it straight to some one’s face. Sometimes it makes me think we are living in a country of savages and makes me wish I were living on a tropical island somewhere.
      My mother always said “if you can’t say something nice about someone don’t say anything at all.” That kind of sticks in my head. I don’t always live up to it but sometimes criticism is justified. (like with elected officials-lol)
      Gail

Attachments:
    • Gail Norusis
      Participant

Hi Colleen,
      I don’t know how many of these shows are going to come back. So far most shows have had to get kind of creative with how they are filmed.
      Hey-the Masked Singer would fit right in since we are all wearing masks now. Well not all-but we are supposed to wear masks.
      I guess American ingenuity will eventually figure all these things out.
      If there is football it will be weird to watch that without fans too. But I am glad people are trying to do things in whatever way possible.
      I am wondering how things will go in the schools that are having in person learning.
      It is hard to be patient when we want all these things to go back to normal-like tomorrow.
      As an older person I hope that Greg and I still get to do some of the things that we looked forward to doing when he retires. I hope covid won’t stop us from future travels as we were both looking forward to traveling around the country when we finally had the time. Only time will tell I guess.
      Now I am kind of depressed thinking about that. lol
      Gail

Attachments:
    • Gail Norusis
      Participant

Hi Adele,
      I like your haircuts. they look nice and cool. My hair will be so long by the time I get it cut. Right now i just don’t know when i will feel safe again. I just wear it up most of the time. I’m more concerned about my color because i can only use the root touch up a certain amount of time before all the color will be messed up as i have color and also high lights. Oh well-I guess that is the least of my problems as i am not going anywhere anyway.
      We did get to see Lachlan briefly for his birthday.
      I’m not sure what i will do about fall decorating. I am thinking about cutting way back this year as there will be no one to see it. I just can’t decide. But i guess i have plenty of time to figure it out as i am not going anywhere. lol
      I did get a couple new Halloween decorations so I know i will put those out. Some days i want to go all out and other days i think why bother. I am just getting so lazy in my old age. lol
      Gail

Attachments:
    • adele shanbar
      Participant

Hi Colleen!
      Im watching ITKWD. So far, nothing has caught my fancy. Have you heard when the Halloween shows will be? I love those!
      With the kids, it is so different with each one. Marissa has the baby, and Enzo and his entire family. They have made it easier for her, as they are always around- they live upstairs, so she is never alone. Amanda goes to see the old boyfriend about once a week. Not sure if they are or are not back together.
      Im glad you did nto get any tornado warnings!! The storm Gail got was bad. I felt so bad about her basement again. I got a copy of the Farmers Almanac, and it says we are getting more snow this year. Just what we need…..accept the plants do need it to protect them from the cold. It also said next summer will be hotter than usual too. It is unbelievable that Labor Day is so close. I feel like I missed the entire summer. I have not moved much from my kitchen chair. I even do my needlepoint here….LOL
      I hope Barbara is ok. We have nto heard from her. I am glad everyone else is on, so we know they are ok too.
      I heard my favorite Sunday night show was terminated- “God Friended Me”. I loved that show. It always had a nice ending, and I loved the characters in it too. Not everything has to be about crime and illness! I hope they bring in some good shows, because a lot of the new ones got cancelled…like Bob Hearts Abishola, Council of Dads, Single Parents, etc.
      Hope your day is going well!
      Adele

• adele shanbar
      Participant

Gail and DD
      That’s why I deleted my facebook page. That, and the fake crap Trump and the Russians get on there, and people BELIEVE it!
      LOL
      Adele

• adele shanbar
      Participant

Hey Gailster
      I love those memes, and DD;s pictures. They all keep us smiling, and we need that right now.
      So, today I have Bobby get muffins at the supermarket, cause I wanted something different. It was different, all right. Hardly a blueberry in them, and you could not taste the corn in the corn ones. Then add how small they were. I told Gary….that is what you get for 1.00 a muffin. They were really bad. THAT should make me bake again, if nothing else does. I did have him get the ingredients for Heather’s favorite cookie. I will make it for her birthday. Amanda and Marissa are going to the cemetery with Bobby, on Tuesday, for her birthday. I do not think it is a great idea. Too emotional.
      Were you able to get the basement all back together? I felt so bad it flooded again. I hope that was the last time.
      Would your hairdresser come to the house and do you and Greg? A lot of hairdressers will do that.
      Hope you do not get any more awful storms!
      We need to check on Barbara. Ill email her to see if she is ok.
      Adele

• adele shanbar
      Participant

forgot…decorate, decorate, decorate…its all we have left!!
      I may scale back a little but, I intend to get most of it out.
      Adele

• Colleen
      Participant

Hi Gail,
      The masked singer is the right show to come back. I wonder if they take their mask off if they have to have another mask on when they reveal themselves. If they do how will we know for sure who they are. I have too much time on my hands to think of things like that.
      I wonder if football will really come back on. They keep saying baseball is coming back but they have not been on yet. It will not be that exciting without fans in the stands. This is such a weird time.
      It will be nice to go on trips again. We would like to got to Knoxville and see Melissa’s house. We would also like to go looking around and see what they have there. We had such a good time when we were there before. Well not Knoxville but Cookeville.
      They were going to start the schools where Owen go but now they are going to do it on the computer. He was really disappointed he wanted to go back to school. So far they are going to have the pre school open. Danyielle is no sure if she wants to send Aliza are not. The teachers will wear masks but the kids will not. We will see what happens. She goes to a really small school so they should be able to keep them apart. We will see what happens.
      Just keep making plans to go and maybe it will lift your spirits. That is about all from here.Have a good night and stay safe.
      Colleen

• Colleen
      Participant

Hi Adele,
      It does not seem like QVC has any good things on right now. I wish they would show more of the Christmas shows at least they are cheerful. I am not sure about the Halloween shows or not. I really like those also. You are right about decorating for holidays it is the best thing to do even if you are going to be alone .
      I am hoping that we get a lot of snow this year. We did not get hardly any last year. I love the snow and to go sledding in our yard. It will be fun if the kids can come back and play in the snow. They drink hot chocolate and eat cookies to get warm. It is always fun to have them here.
      We have not had much of a summer this year. We did not get to celebrate our 50th or my 70th birthday. We are going to have a family dinner to celebrate our 50th. We are going to order food to bring in and just be happy to be with each other. I never wanted a big party just family because they are the reason we stayed together. We loved each other and the kids.
      I have been wondering about Barbara also. She does that once in awhile. I hope she is just busy doing something else right now. She has not been in the best of health. She is lucky like you are her son lives close to her and can watch out for them.
      It must be easier for Marissa with the baby. He needs all of her attention and I am sure that he gets all of it and more. Amanda is also lucky she has you, Bobby and Tillie and Gary. She is not living in an apartment by herself.
      Colleen

• Gail Norusis
      Participant

Hi Colleen,
      I like your thinking. The Masked Singer contestants could all do a PSA about wearing masks. I like that program too as it is fun and it’s all about trying to fool the judges. I must say the second season the judges got somewhat better at guessing than they were the first season. I usually tend to believe Robin and Jenny’s guesses and of course most times you can ignore Ken’s. lol Since he always likes to guess Bjork Greg and i think that next time Bjork should actually be one of the contestants and we’ll see if he would guess her right. lol
      You know baseball has come back-you must have missed it. I think the Cardinals had to stop a couple of times because they had a covid case but they are all playing.
      I think all the kids would like to go back to school. Taking classes at home can’t be as interesting.
      I think if I had a child in preschool I would just keep them home this year-especially if I did not work outside the home. That’s just my thought though.
      You know I still do plan trips in my mind-and i go online and look at hotels and rental houses and stuff. Right now it’s just dreaming but I have hope.
      Gail

Attachments:
    • Gail Norusis
      Participant

Hi Adele,
      I don’t think Bob Hearts Abishola was cancelled. I was sorry Single Parents was because I think it ended at kind of a relationship cliff hanger.
      I guess the muffin purchases just reiterated that home made is usually best.
      I made stuffed peppers with garden peppers last night. Good stuff.
      The place where we get our favorite sweet corn closed it’s stand but someone else is growing that brand so we were able to get some last week. But it’s a very short season.
      The basement ended up being not too bad as it just got wet in two spots not all over like the previous times. so Greg was able to vacuum it up and run fans on the spots. So nothing was lost this time.
      You know I think it’s nice that they are going to the graveyard. Everyone is different and for some people doing that is a comfort and a release.
      I think the hairdresser would come to the house but I would not ask her. First of all Greg doesn’t need her he is bald and cuts his own hair the parts that are left. Fortunately he does a better job on himself than he did on my bangs. Secondly she has a small shop so that is not the issue it’s the amount of people that she is exposed to. Plus she is kind of a free spirit so I would bet that she doesn’t mask when she goes out etc. I know she just got back from a vacation trip too. So i will just continue to let my hair grow and pin it up for the time being. Once again-I’m not going anywhere and no one sees me so it doesn’t much matter except for my own sense of self and right now I would rather be healthy than stylish. lol
      I don’t think the Q has much in terms of Halloween decorating anymore-it is all Christmas. I wish there was more fall decorating as that season is actually longer than Christmas.
      Gail

Attachments:
    • Colleen
      Participant

Hi Gail,
      I am glad to hear that you did not have any damage from the water in your basement. That could have been a real mess if it would have kept coming in. Have you seen that rubber stuff that you are supposed to be able to put around it around the windows and it will keep rain from coming in. I think they call it flexi steel. He spreads this stuff all over chicken wire and he make a boat out of it. He goes out in the boat in a lake. I wonder if that would help the leak you get in the basement when there is a hard rain.
      I think that Ken is a riot. Has he ever guessed right on one of those shows? He does get excited when he thinks he knows. Ken and Jenny are right more then anyone. Who is the other judge? I cannot think of her name but she is not right very often.
      I did see something about baseball on the news tonight. I think that they are in Chicago but am not sure. It will not be as much fun to watch with no fans in the stands. There will be no cheering and someone catching a home run in the crowd. This will be disappointing to all the kids that go to the games as a reward for school. THey always take the honor roll kids to see a game but that won’t happen this year.
      Danyielle has been undecided about sending Aliza to preschool until second semester if things are better. I wonder about the little ones with all the teachers having masks on. It might be a little scary for them.
      I am so glad that you are sending the memes. They always make me laugh and Ron also. We need to smile things right are not very good. I am glad that we do not live close to St. Louis. There have been so many killings it is getting scary.
      I had to laugh at your govenor today. He was in East St. Louis today and he thinks if the restaurants and bars close by 11pm it will help stop the covid virus. I did not know that it did not spread after certain hours.
      Colleen

• Gail Norusis
      Participant

Hi Colleen,
      I have seen that guy on the flex steel commercial but never thought about putting it around the window. I will mention it to Greg.
      The name of the other judge is Nicole Scherzinger. Some of the people I don’t know who they even are. Especially if they are an internet influencer or a rapper. isn’t it weird that in this day and age people can actually make a living by posting stuff on instagram or what ever. It boggles my mind. I guess i really am getting old.
      Did I miss your birthday this year? I don’t look at the birthday board as much anymore so I miss people’s birthdays now. Since just our small group posts here i don’t know many of the other Quackers anymore. Anyway, if I missed your birthday belated happy wishes. Did you and Adele and Sue turn 70 this year? You guys are just young whippersnappers.
      Sports without fans is not the same but it sure is better than nothing. I guess the basketball players in their bubble are doing really well about not spreading covid.
      Maybe if the little ones see enough people with masks they won’t even be bothered by it. I think maybe it’s us older folks who associate masks with robbers or crimes. Little ones probably don’t even have that association yet.
      Chicago is like Saint Louis and has so many murders. Plus they are still having protests too and the other weekend there was looting again. These are definitely turbulent times.
      I thought that was weird that Pritzger had them close the bars at eleven too. But i guess it was a last ditch effort before they have to close everything back down completely again as I guess that is kind of a hot spot in our state.
      How is your weather. Ours has been pretty nice with temps in the lower 80’s. Greg was able to stand the sunflowers back up and so far they are doing okay. Did I mention that he found one melon in the garden? he didn’t even plant any this year so it must have been a rogue seed from last year. lol
      Gail

Attachments:
    • Anonymous
      Inactive

Gail Our bars are shut down unless they sell food like a restaurant then it is 25% occupancy. People are saying so if you eat food you won’t get it. But it is because they do not want people sitting around drinking for extended periods in a small enclosed place. It is also mandated here that anyone 2 & older wear a mask, of course people do not listen. I really wish they would not open the schools as everywhere they have tried there has been an outbreak of the virus & they have to close & sanitize again. Our schools are scheduled to open after Labor Day. I don’t know why it would be a problem to do it on the computer as that is what they use at school anyway. It seems everyone is on a different page. That is why we need a leader to take charge. It is really spreading here since they opened things up. My County have had as many cases since July 3rd as they had from March to July so that worries me. The one good thing is we are one of 6 counties to have the lowest death rate.
      I really wish they would arrest the looters & rioters. They do not even know what they are protesting anymore just want to make trouble.
      Our weather is nice this week. We are in the mid 80’s & lower humidity in the day & 60’s at night. One of the newswomen said it feels cold. I don’t think it is cold just better. Now I would freeze to death in Adele’s meat locker temps.

• adele shanbar
      Participant

Hey Colleen
      Well today is just about over. Bobby Amanda and Marissa went to the grave
      They sent me a pic. They left a cake there and a little plant
      I got a lot of calls and texts from friends today which was nice
      Looking forward to AGT tonight
      I’m sorry you did not get to celebrate your birthday and anniversary. I hope you can do something smaller with the kids soon. Life is passing by and not he way we want it to
      Stay safe. That’s the mot important Hong so we are still here for next year
      Hope your day is good
      Adele

• adele shanbar
      Participant

Hey Gailster
      I’m glad there was no lasting damage from the flood
      I had to get my hair cut off due to the hair falling out. I still lost hair when I showered but nowhere near what it was with it longer. I’m hoping the less stress on the hair will help too
      Dying for AGT tonight. Wonder who will win
      I wonder if the Q does not have as much cause people are not buying as much. I have hardly bought anything from ITKWD as nothing much has been new that I don’t already have
      Hope you have a good night
      The cemetery visit went well. They left her a little cake and a plant
      The day is almost over. On to the next one
      Adele

• adele shanbar
      Participant

Hey Sue
      I feel the same way Why open the school to have kids get sick, and spread it to their parents and grandparents? Take the year off to remote school, and let this thing die away, or get a vaccine.
      Steph is still on the fence. She wants to keep Aizen home, but feels bad about JJ because this is his last year in Middle School.
      It is cooler up here too. But the pollen is through the roof, so i kept the air on with a higher temp so it does not go on as much. Just keeps the pollen out.
      Our governor went nuts with bars trying to get away with staying open. Here is what he said…..”And those bars masquerading as a restaurant will just not do”. I tell you, that phrase really tickled my funny bone, and I kept repeating it all day and laughing.
      I really like our governor, and he is a Republican. He does the right thing for people, and does not partake in partisan politics. He just does the right thing. All the time. I voted for him on the last two elections.
      Dying to see AGT tonight. It will be the highlight of my day.
      Hope all is ok with you. How are doing lately? I hope you have some good days, and are not sad every day, becasue of your brother. I try. I figure any day I did nto break down and cry is a good day. Not many of those yet….LOL Im trying.
      Luv u, Sue!
      Adele

• Gail Norusis
      Participant

Hi Sue,
      We have been enjoying those cooler night time temps too.
      Well in person learning is better but it’s going to be hard for most places to do.
      I feel bad for Jenny as she is in a bind. As I am sure are many other families with working parents.
      Kendall is old enough to watch the other kids but who is going to help when she is doing her own virtual classes and they need help with their stuff? Jenny was hoping they would go to school for at least a couple days a week. And then we feel guilty because we cannot help. But because she and Ricky work outside the home and the kids play with the neighbors it’s just too risky. In fact I think today is the first day of school. so we will find out how that goes.
      I hope after November that we have a more cohesive national effort toward the Covid 19 pandemic. I’m not looking forward to the higher taxes that will come with a Democratic president but in this case I guess we will have to bite the bullet for the greater good. We’ve had them before and survived. lol
      Have you gotten any good corn or fresh vegetables yet? even though our source for marai corn closed down another farm has taken up growing it so we have been enjoying that the past couple weeks. it’s such a short season though.
      Gail

Attachments:
    • Gail Norusis
      Participant

Hi Adele,
      I’m glad that the cemetery visit went well.
      Hopefully the shorter hair cut will stress the hair less and it will stop falling out.
      I’m not sure who will go through on AGT tonight. Last night was a pretty good night. I can usually guess who will go through but I’m not sure today.
      I just marvel at the little girl and the dogs and wonder if she really trains them herself or do her parents train them and she just does the “show” with them. I know how much time is involved in something like that and wonder if a young kid could be that dedicated or even know the best way to train. Good old cynical Gail! I used to be naive and trusting-what happened? I could see that young boy that sang Valerie being picked up by Disney for their programming as he could sing and act and was very charming. I could picture him on a Disney channel show.
      I can’t believe that DWTS starts September 14th. Neither Whitney or Lindsey will be on this season as they are both pregnant.
      So I take it schools are open in your area-not here. You know it could still change if they don’t go back until after Labor Day either. Kids here go back mid August. I will never understand why. Especially this year as they shouldn’t need all those teacher’s days or snow days.
      Some colleges have opened and already closed down So I can see education this year being very fluid. I wonder when they have a vaccine if it will be required for entering school like the other vaccines are. Although recently the anti vaxers have been managing to get around those requirements too.
      it just amazes me that people wouldn’t get their kids vaccinated. When we were young the only vaccination that they had was small pox. And when the polio vaccine came out could you imagine your parents not having you get it. Back then everyone was so afraid of polio they were ecstatic when the vaccine came out. Plus we all had to suffer through measles and chickenpox and now kids don’t have to get any of those diseases.
      Gail

Attachments:
    • Colleen
      Participant

Hi Gail,
      Ron used that stuff when we had a leak on the roof. It worked pretty good but we have had a new roof put on since then. It did work and had no complaints just needed a new roof.
      I do not know a lot of the people on the mask singer unless they are someone that has been around for awhile. I am not good with the newer singers. It is fun to watch and if I do not know someone then I can ask one of the kids. Melissa usually knows all of them.
      My birthday was in July. We do not celebrate many of our birthdays just when we have one that makes us feel older. There is a few of us that turned 70 this year. You are not that much older then the rest of us.
      Our weather has been really nice here also. I think that it is going to end this week-end. We are supposed to get hot again and storms. We have had so much rain this summer. It is hard to believe we have had this much in August.
      There is not a lot going on here. The girls are working all the time now. I wish that Brook cold stay home with the baby but she will never be able to. She will always be the only one to work and raise her son.
      Have a good day and stay safe.
      Colleen

• Colleen
      Participant

Hi Adele,
      My computer is running so slow. They are putting Ron’ s minutes on mine for the lap top. He has a cell phone so I thought it was not connected to my lap top. We pay extra to have unlimited internet but somehow that was changed. So will have to call them and find out what is going on.
      That was nice that the kids went to the grave site. It was nice that they took a cake and plant. That was a really nice thing to do. The plant should last a long time. Are you able to plant it in the ground or does it have to stay in a planter?
      I really hope that your days are getting better and you are not crying as much. It will get easier as time goes on.It is just rough going thru it. Sounds like your family is sticking together thru this and that is important.
      It sounds like the weather is cooler just about everywhere except in California and that area. I just hope that we do not pay for that later. Well that is about all from here. Have a good night and stay safe.
      Colleen

I am glad that Gail is posting the memes. I feel so depressed

• Gail Norusis
      Participant

Hi Colleen,
      Well happy belated birthday. Sue’s was in July too I think or maybe it was August-the months run together. and I’m not sure when Adele’s is. She must have had it already too. Maybe Barbara’s is this month or September. not sure when DD’s is. I should just write them all down. lol
      It’s supposed to get back up to the 90’s next week. I could skip that and keep it like it is now.
      I just read this morning that kids in Mass. are going to need a flu shot for school this year.
      Yes, I suppose Brook will always have to work to support her son as single mothers sometimes don’t get help from the father’s either. And even if they do child support is not enough to stay home with the baby. In most families both Mom and Dad have to work to support themselves and any kids that they have. I was lucky being able to stay home with my kids-maybe because we were a little older when we had them.
      Who watches Grayson when Brook works? That’s another problem as child care is expensive unless you can get a family member to watch the child or children. I know Jenny was lucky to have two grandmas and a friend to help watch her kids. And then there was a time where her and Adam’s schedules didn’t overlap so they didn’t need childcare at all. That was nice. However, I’m thinking couples working two different schedules might not be the best thing for a marriage. Sometimes. lol
      Sometimes I feel depressed too because of all the things that we used to like to do that we are missing. But i try not to go down that path for too long as it’s then a long climb back out. So when I feel it coming on i allow myself to feel sad for a time and then I start counting my blessings and ultimately the blessings outweigh the bad. I also tell myself to be patient that this too shall pass. That right now we are in the tunnel but some day we will again see the light. It’s hard as there isn’t a lot of good news to outweigh the bad right now but i always have hope.
      I’m glad that you are enjoying the memes. I try to give us all a chuckle or something to think about.
      Gail

Attachments:
    • adele shanbar
      Participant

Hey Gailster
      The school are to open later with the hybrid model and option for kids to remote learn. So far no parent I know is sending the kids to school. All opting for remote
      Today I think the governor said no kid in school without a flu vaccine….. heard only part of it so I’m not sure I am correct
      Marissa stopped by so I could see baby crawl. Omg. It was so exciting!!! He also loved Heathers favorite cookie I made for her birthday.
      I half watched the show last night because I fell asleep. I have no idea who went through. Lol
      Hope your day went well
      Adele

• adele shanbar
      Participant

Hey Colleen
      Marissa said they want to go to the grave on every birthday. I can’t go because it upsets me too much
      Today was better. The weather is cooler up here too. I like that!
      I’m attaching a pic of the hydrangea trees. They are very pretty this year
      I hav to make this quick cause we have not had dinner yet. Lol
      Have a good night
      Adele

Attachments:
    • Colleen
      Participant

Hi Gail,
      I think Sue’s birthday is in August. I wished her Happy Birthday and I think it was in August. I do the birthdays and still do not remember what month their birthdays are. I just do them when I see them on the home page.
      Th weather was so nice here and we did not have to use the air at night. I know what you mean about the weather getting hot again. I would rather have this weather and go right into winter weather. I cannot wait for the snow.
      One that guy’s aunt watches Grayson and different ones in our family watch him. I watch him once in awhile but not very often. He is getting to be too much for me to handle. Besides that he is a big boy. Tomorrow Brook and I are going grocery shopping. She needs to start giving thee baby more veggies and fruits and cut down on the formula. I think that that is part of what is making him gain so much weight. He is crawling all over the place and is hard to keep up with.He is so cute.
      It does get depressing not being able to do the things that we use to do. I will be glad when the kids come to visit again and we can enjoy having them here. We may bbq on Labor Day and have the kids over. We will be outside so every one can sit in their own space. We will eat off paper plates and use paper cups so their will not be any dishes. I just hope that I still have plastic utensils.
      So I will have to get up early in the morning so I can get to the store during the elderly hours. Who thought we would ever call ourselves elderly. I do not know when it all happened. I look in the mirror and wonder where that old lady came from. Sometimes I see my mom looking back. I don’t know when that all happened.
      Colleen

• Colleen
      Participant

I can understand why you cannot go to the grave site. I still cannot go to put flowers on my mom’s grave. I really need o do that. My brother said that he cannot go there either. He drives by and checks to be sure it is kept up but he does not get out of the car. You can see the grave from the church parking lot.
      The hydrangea tree is so pretty. Do you have another one planted in the yard? I thought that you had two. I could be wrong I really get things wrong here lately. The older we get the more we forget. At least Ron and I are.
      Ron fixed dinner tonight. We had bacon and tomato sandwiches. We did not have any lettuce but they were good. He will fix dinner every once in awhile but it is usually sandwiches of some kind. It is better then me having to cook. I still get to clean up but that is not as bad as having to do both.
      That is so nice that you got to see Sonny crawl. He sounds so cute. I will see Grayson tomorrow so will get to see how he is crawling now. Brook said he is getting all over the place and get stuck in places. He is just too cute for words. I imagine Sonny is also.
      Colleen
      p.s. Did you hear from Barbara?

• adele shanbar
      Participant

Our sweet Missy Barbara

I am sorry to inform everyone of Barbara’s passing. Her DIL responded to my email saying she died on Monday and that they had tried to revive her
      The services will be on Monday
      This is so terribly sad She was a good lady great Mom and Grandmother
      Adele.

• adele shanbar
      Participant

Hey Colleen
      I am devastated. Our poor Barbara’s family. I am at a loss for words
      I have four of those trees in the front and two in back. I love them.
      We all need to take care of ourselves as best we can. I need to start cooking again. Bin for nothing else for Mussy Barbara’s memory
      Luv u
      Adele

• Gail Norusis
      Participant

For our Dear Barbara, friend, nurse, wife, mother, grand mother-We will miss you always and we will never forget how you touched each of our lives.

Attachments:
    • adele shanbar
      Participant

I went on the website for the obituary, and I copied her picture. I will attach it for all of you.
      Love, Adele

Attachments:
    • Dianne Danielson
      Participant

Ladies,

I’m in utter shock at the passing of our dear Barbara. It seems surreal! We”re gonna miss her long posts about little Colin. He’s gonna miss seeing her on Skype. He won’t understand at his young age what happened to her. Sooo very sad for everyone. Her poor husband, he must be crushed.
      I haven’t read all of the posts, but did she write about anything being wrong? Not feeling well? I don’t remember reading anything the past few weeks or so. Did we even hear from her this month?
      I would send her pics, memes on messenger, & she’d reply back sometimes.
      I’ll post more later on.
      dd

Attachments:
    • Anonymous
      Inactive

I think Gail said it best. Barbara will be missed. DD I remember she said she was so tired & needed an afternoon nap. And I think she was due at the doctors for something but had been putting it off because of Corvid 19.

Now for a bit of good news. You may not know but there are 2 Quackers named Barbara Smith. I met the Barbara Smith from Florida while on the cruise. You may have seen her on some of the old Quacker Factory shows as she traveled with Jeanne to help her. Anyway she just welcomed her 1st grandchild. She is so excited. She is a very nice person. She use to be a cop that is why she is known as the Quacker Cop. She loves pink & hearts.
      Also Tiago & his wife are expecting their 1st child. So there is some good news with the bad.

I am so ready for 2020 to be over.

Adele I saw Barbara’s picture on Facebook before. What is the website for her obituary?

• Gail Norusis
      Participant

Oh Sue, yes I had forgotten about Barbara Smith The Quacker Cop. I remember originally thinking what a coincidence that was.
      I am glad that she became a grandmother. She will have lots of fun with that.
      Also congratulations to Tiago. Jeanne would have been thrilled for him, I believe.
      Thank you for the good news. It really is a circle of life, isn’t it.
      Gail

• adele shanbar
      Participant

Sweetest DD
      It is awful news. I expected no internet or property damage from the storms. I did not expect her gone
      A while ago she was not feeling good More in the middle of winter COVID I think. She had regained most of her strength.
      I can’t imagine how her sons, Colin and Jerry are feeling. So terribly sad.i will miss her stories her cooking and baking and all the wonderful advice she had for all of us
      Just awful
      Luv. Adele

• adele shanbar
      Participant

Hey Sue
      The funeral home is Munford Funeral Home, Millington chapel.
      So sad she will never post again.
      That is great news on the two Wuacker babies on the way. Is this Tiago’s first child?
      I remember that lady. She was always very funny.
      I love good news. We need it desperately
      How are you doing? I know it’s not easy missing your brother. You are always in my prayers
      Luv. Adele

• adele shanbar
      Participant

Hey Christine
      It is awful news and very sad. We lost a truly wonderful soul
      Glad your shot went well. I hope it takes th spot away so you can see better
      Hugs and prayers!
      Adele

• Colleen
      Participant

Hi Everybody,
      I cannot believe that Barbara is gone. I wonder what happened. I wonder if it was her heart. She was such a sweet person and we will miss her. I feel really bad for little Colin and what he is going to miss out on. I will say a prayer for the whole family poor Jerry.
      Colleen

• adele shanbar
      Participant

Hey Colleen
      It is awful. All we can do is pray for all of them
      Hugs and prayers
      Adele

• Gail Norusis
      Participant

Hello Everyone,
      Well yesterday was Barbara’s memorial. A sad day. I continue to pray for her family.
      I made a mistake-our kids first day of school was yesterday and not last week. One thing Jenny will save on new clothes for the kids this year. lol I think Lachlan spent most of his summer in either pajamas or swim trunks. lol
      Adele that hydrangea tree is so pretty.
      Colleen, did you and Brook get to go shopping? They feed baby’s so differently now. I don’t think Jenny’s kids ever ate baby food. Just soft adult foods or little teeny pieces of adult food.
      I know what you mean about wondering who that old lady in the mirror is. In my head i look much different than I do in real life. lol
      Sue, I was thinking do you think if you had not already retired you would still be working during Covid? I imagine the place where you worked didn’t shut down.
      We had storms all around us last night. Lot’s of lightening flashes and then we had severe thunder storm warnings at both midnight and 5 A.M. So all that kept me awake hoping that there wouldn’t be bad storms and the power wouldn’t go out again. Then about 8:30 this morning the power did go out for no reason for about 15 minutes. It did rain a bit last night but not really a big storm.
      Jenny said she got a Covid test because one of her friends had it. So after she found out she got tested and she had a negative-so that was good news. I guess last Saturday there was supposed to be a bachelorette party at an outdoor driving range for this girl but that was cancelled. I guess the girl had no symptoms so not sure why she got tested but it just shows that anyone around you can be sick and not know it.
      Gail

Attachments:
    • adele shanbar
      Participant

Hey Gailster
      I am glad jenny was negative. That must have been scary for all of you.
      Well, one of the hydrangea trees looks pretty bad again- same one as before. We had awful storms on Sunday. Lost electricity from around 4;00 pm until after 1:00 am. That one tree took a bad hit again becasue of the huge blooms. I decided to leave it alone, and let the water gradually drain out of the blooms, in the hope the branches will come back up- like they do in an ice storm. Not sure if it will work.
      We are in danger of bad storms again today. So, I hope the trees do not get hurt.
      I hope Barbara’s family did ok for her memorial. It is so terribly sad to bury a loved one.
      We watched a good movie the other night. It was called Fathers and Daughters- Russell Crowe was in it. A good movie for all of us who are grieving- me, Sue and Colleen. It shows how deeply we are affected by grief for a loved one, and how it can affect the rest of your life. Just get ready to use some Kleenex. LOL
      So, yesterday I did a nice salad for dinner, as since we had no electricity when we went to bed on Sunday, I did nto want to open the freezer, nor get something out if it did nto return quickly. Tonight’s meal is meatloaf with roasted potatoes, and carrots. A one pan meal….LOL I hope we do not loose electricity, as that ends this meal….LOL
      Hope you are all good, and healthy
      Adele

• Dianne Danielson
      Participant

Hi Ladies,
      I wrote out a post the other night & it vanished & I had to sign back in. I was so mad I shut down till now. Actually, I didn’t get back till now. Now I can’t remember what I wrote about.
      I was able to find Barbara’s obit, finally. I wasn’t able to find it last week. I wrote a little note but it may be too late. It seems surreal that she’s gone. No more stories about Skyping with little Colin. You could just see her face light up when she wrote about him & her family. It’s gonna seem empty without her posts. I wonder if there’s any way we could save some of her posts. Do they delete the posts after we go into another month?
      Where has August gone? Next week is the last week of August. This year is just flyyyyyyyyyyying by!!
      I enjoyed the Christmas decor Sunday. It’s uplifting to me. I did catch Valerie PH say she’ll be back Sept. 3rd for fall decor day. So they will be having more fall shows.
      Adele, have you seen all the Boofetti that’s on the Q website? there’s a whole lot of things now. I nearly died laughing at the hand towels she has available. they have witch’s legs hanging on the bottoms. they’re soooooo cute!!
      the fires you’re hearing about are in Ca., but we do have some burning in Eastern Oregon. So far we don’t have any of the smoke coming from over there. the air quality is good right now.
      We did have some rain over the weekend but is long gone now. It was great to have the cooler weather for a few days. I hope the 90 degree temps are done with. It cools off so quick now, after the sun goes down. The mornings I find dew on the outside of the windows, already.
      Has anyone got out their fall decor yet? I’m about ready to, but that means summer’s coming to an end. (boohoo).
      Well, I guess that’s it for now.
      take care & stay safe.
      dd

Attachments:
    • Colleen
      Participant

Hi Everyone,
      It is hard to start losing our friends on here. Barbara was such a sweet person and she brought a lot to the group. We will really miss her. We will not be able to hear about Colin and what all he is up too. She was so proud to be his grandma. I better quit now or I will depress everyone.
      I watched some of the Christmas shows they had. I like the David’s great big Christmas. I would love to have the big reindeer and the Santa. Do not have very many places to put them or store them after Christmas. We have plenty of yard and a big porch but we also have have a lot of animals the will knock them over and other things. I guess the dogs would lift their legs and that would really be a mess.
      They are feeding Grayson both baby food and regular food. That may be the reason he is gaining weight. They took him to a Chinese restaurant today and fed him some type of soup. I am not sure what else they fed him. He is a good eater.
      I am glad the you two are still posting the pictures and the memes. DD. your pictures are so calming and Gail the memes are really good. Thanks to both of you.
      Hope everyone has a good night and stay safe.
      Colleen

• adele shanbar
      Participant

Hey DD
      I’m glad the air is clean where you are
      Barbara being gone is such a low to all of us. Imagine how her husband and sons must feel. I just can’t
      My friend a Joanne downsized and moved into an apartment. I sent her a couple of boofetti things as a house warming. I know she will live them. I got the set of three with the bat in it. Really adorable
      I asked if there is a Halloween show and they could not find one scheduled. Glad a Fall show is…. thank you!
      Did you hear the man sing the song last night about people he loved who died? I cried so hard I was sobbing. I cry so silently that nobody heard me. I was in the kitchen alone. That song really hit me hard. It was beautiful
      So glsd to hear from you. Please stay safe. How is Critt doing?
      Attaching proof I cooked last night. Also pic of cute trees I got. One for me and Tillie. Lol. Lol
      Adele

Attachments:
    • adele shanbar
      Participant

Hi Coleen and everyone
      I love the pics and memes too. Very sad about Barbara
      Please read the post to DD for all my info
      I was trying to decide on a deer And they were sold out in one second. Lol. I got two of those trees that lol like ceramic trees. It was grief shooing therapy!!!
      Hope u have a god day
      Adele

• Anonymous
      Inactive

I just wanted to tell you Angel & Glen rescued a golden from Turkey. His name is Finnegan (Finn) & he is 4 years old. Angel went to pick him up the other day to surprise Glen. I am sure he will be good for all of them because I am sure they really miss Lucy. So happy for them.

Gail if I had not retired I would have been expected to work as they did not close. I would have had to decide if I would go because they don’t wear masks & truckers are in & out every day. So it would have been hard for me to work under those conditions. But I no longer get around well enough to work. It would be nice to work or volunteer, But not now with the virus. However I just could not do it anymore.
      You ask about veggies before & I am so disappointed as it has been so dry they all dried up. I did round up 2 doz corn but it just was not good due to the weather. I got some tomatoes & my neighbor brought me a few so I had my BLT’s. I wanted to get some peaches but can’t find any anywhere so I guess that crop was ruined too. We did have a thunderstorm with a little rain the other night. I could due with the rain without the storms. We are to get more from the hurricane. The grass is all brown & crunchy. I guess people are glad to not have to mow.

• Dianne Danielson
      Participant

Hi Ladies,
      Just a quick note to let ya know there’s a fall show tomorrow(Thurs) at 1:00ET for 2 hrs. It’s called
      Hello Fall. It doesn’t say if it;s decor or fall fashion.
      Adele those trees are adorable. I’ve never seen anything like that. where did you get them?
      I see Harry is having a TSV of his fall candles. I guess that’s a clue fall is actually here. LOL
      I saw cookies with pumpkin spice filling in the middle. Not Oreos but Pepridge Farms cookies. Oreos can’t be far behind.
      Snowball gets groomed tomorrow. It took months to get her an appt. they were shutdown for quite awhile, so when they opened up they were flooded with appts. The groomer is a mobile groomer so he has quite a big area to take care of.
      Well, that’s all for tonight.
      dd

Attachments:
    • Gail Norusis
      Participant

Hi Sue,
      Thanks for telling us about the dog. I did not know. It does make me wonder why from Turkey? No eligible Goldens in this country?
      I figured that your old place of business would not have been shut down. I never thought about the truckers coming in and out. It’s good that you were retired.
      I’m sorry that the vegetables have been so bad. If you lived closer you could have had some of ours. Every week Greg has been taking a big box over to Jenny so she can share with her friends. Obviously the garden produces more than the two of us can eat and we have just not ever gotten into canning and at this point in life it’s too much work.
      We will be getting rain from the hurricane too. They said possible bad storms tonight along the Wisconsin Illinois border which is where we are. I hope not as we are just getting over the bad storm from a couple of weeks ago.
      Gail

Attachments:
    • Gail Norusis
      Participant

Hi DD,
      It’s nice that you have a mobile groomer. I wish we had had one when I was taking three dogs at once. It would have been so much easier. with the three of them when we arrived at the groomers i always felt like we were a tornado entering the room and it was a small place. I think that groomer has moved farther away so if we ever get another dog I would have to find a new groomer.
      As to saving posts all of our monthly discussions are still on this site. They don’t take them away after each month. It’s like our own little history.
      You are lucky you are not getting smoke from the fires. Greg’s business partner lives in Idaho and he said they have smoke there in the mountains.
      Those dish towels with the witch legs are cute.
      Gail

Attachments:
    • Gail Norusis
      Participant

Hi Adele,
      I like that you posted proof of cooking. lol Cute trees. I bought a very similar set of three with two small and one larger. Great minds think a like! lol
      The man that sang that song got eliminated. I was surprised. I was sort of glad that those guys that twisted their limbs got eliminated as I didn’t like to watch them. I hope being on the show gives them some sort of boost though because they come from such a poor situation.
      I thought that I heard Valerie was coming back for another fall show too.
      Is this weekend Labor Day? I don’t even know anymore-there’s no schedule anymore with Greg being home all the time.
      Which trees did you buy from the Q?
      Greg had a tee time at 7:15 this morning about 40 minutes away so i think he was up at five? This is supposed to be fun?
      Gail

Attachments:
    • Gail Norusis
      Participant

Hi Colleen,
      You will probably catch storms from the hurricane too. I hope they will not be bad.
      It’s good that Grayson is a good eater. A picky eater is so difficult. I think it’s cute that they took him out for Chinese food. lol Did he get a fortune cookie?
      I will keep posting the memes as I have collected a bunch of them since the pandemic started. Hopefully by this time next year we won’t need them anymore as we will have a vaccine or a cure. I always have hope.
      It is fun to watch the Christmas shows. I sent a few things to the kids early on but didn’t see anything this last time around. I’m sure i will see more later on.
      Gail

Attachments:
    • adele shanbar
      Participant

Hey Sue
      I think we are both having some kind of drought. We are getting more storms again today
      That is good news about Angel. A new pet must b a lot of fun
      I hope you don’t get any damage from th end of the hurricane
      Stay safe!!
      Adele

• adele shanbar
      Participant

Omg Gailster
      I love the wisdom of Winnie the Pooh
      I tried to copy the pic to send to the kids and it would not let me do it. Oh well
      I got the battery operated trees that look like the old fashioned ceramic trees….. just like the Halloween ones. Gary can throw out the stick trees and not have to run extension cords!
      I’ll watch the Fall show today
      I was very disappointed the singer was cut. He was the one who made me cry so hard
      Hope Greg wins today!
      Are you in line for any hurricane remnants? I think you are too high and to the left more…….
      Stay safe
      Adele

• Dianne Danielson
      Participant

Hi Ladies,
      Labor Day is late this year. It’s not until the 7th of September.
      And VPH will be back on the 3rd for a day of fall decor.
      dd

• Gail Norusis
      Participant

Thank you DD my brain calendar is so mixed up. lol

• adele shanbar
      Participant

Hey all
      There was nothing interesting on the show today. Nothing Halloween at all
      Very sad
      Adele

• Dianne Danielson
      Participant

Hi Ladies,
      Gail, no worries, I was wondering myself why no holiday was in the local 7day forecast. I checked my calendar & found it was late this year.
      Adele, I’m sorry there wasn’t anything about Halloween, but there is more to the fall than Halloween. I saw a few things I’d love to have but can’t get. Didn’t you see the hand towels by Tara with the witch legs hanging on the bottom. She also showed some Boofetti items..can’t recall what it was.

I don’t understand Angel going to Turkey to get a dog, when there are thousands of animals up for adoption here in the US. Many won’t even get to a furever home. Seems strange.
      I hope everyone is safe from the hurricane. They say this one is stronger than Katrina & I thought it was bad.
      Snowball got groomed today. she looks like a different kitty. She was in the doghouse last week. She was a very naughty kitty & she knew I was mad!! She stayed out of my sight 7 out of my way for 2 days. she’d peek around the corner to see if it was okay to come out. At one point I found her in the bathroom sink. She looked up at me, ever so gently meowed, turning her head around, as if to say,
      ‘Aren’t I cute?”.
      Oh when the groomer pulled in & parked they found a woman passed out on the sidewalk in front of the bldg. He called 911. When the paramedics got here, they tried to get her on the gurney but she jumped up & ran off. I don’t know who it was, it wasn’t a resident as far as I know. No doubt drugs.
      Take care, & stay safe.
      dd

Attachments:
    • adele shanbar
      Participant

Hi DD
      I did see the towels. I got that boofetti tray a while ago. That was my splurge on one of the ITKWD shows I think
      I hope that lady is ok. That’s awful
      No news on Anna. She is still in critical condition. All I did yesterday was needlepoint while I prayed and cried
      We have lost too many people.
      Hope your kitty is behaving and you are staying safe
      Luv y
      Adele

• Gail Norusis
      Participant

Hi Everyone,
      Well today is the last day of August. Tomorrow we will start the falls months. Even though there wasn’t much to do and places to go the summer still flew by. I think as we age time goes so much faster. Sometimes i realize it is evening and I don’t know where the day went. Remember when we were young and it seemed the summer stretched out forever. We have a bush next to the back deck that turns bright red in fall and I noticed yesterday that some of the leaves are getting a tinge of color. Greg said that some trees are already dropping leaves because it is so dry out. It’s supposed to rain today and maybe tomorrow so we will see. Hopefully it won’t stop his league golf this afternoon. Usually this time of year I would be planning our fall trip to see Brent and deciding what city we would meet in and where we would stay and what we would do. We will be putting that off and looking forward to seeing him next year. It’s hard. Normally Greg would just be getting back from his annual Canada fishing trip in late August. another thing that fell by the wayside this year. Of course Canada won’t let us in anyway and who can blame them. I wonder how much different this pandemic would be if we had a real leader in charge.
      So Jenny is taking Piper to work with her now since school started. Piper needs the most help because she is the youngest and the two older kids couldn’t help her as they are attending their own virtual classrooms so this was the best solution as we can’t go over and help. I feel very guilty about that but I know Jenny doesn’t want to take the risk of us getting exposed to something from them. In fact she was exposed to a friend who got Covid and she got tested and was fortunately negative. But this is the hard thing as this lady was without symptoms-so you never know if the person standing next to you has it. I figure Piper will look back on this as a special year where she had extra bonding time with her mother.
      Greg says they are having a hard time hiring people and he said it is not just them but it is a lot of other businesses too. Part of it is due to so many people being off work because of the pandemic and receiving the extra unemployment-so if they have child care issues because of schools not being over it doesn’t pay to go back to work and have to search for child care. I feel especially bad for the single working mothers during this time trying to figure out how to make it all work. It really has made life complicated.
      We hadn’t had fish fry for ages so Friday we ordered out for walleye-it was such a treat and I miss dinners out. I will never take a restaurant visit for granted again. Or getting to hug my kids and grandkids.
      Saturday night we streamed a live performance of On The Border an Eagles tribute band. Greg thought they were really good so with his musical background i know they were good and he really enjoyed it. I was a little tired as we had cleaned the first floor that day and it hadn’t been done in a bit so it really needed some extra cleaning,and even though he helped me I was a still tired-I just can’t do things like I used to so i was glad for the help. He’s a good man. I really look forward to these live stream events as that is the closest we get to really going out.
      I remember how excited we were thinking that Piper was going to enter the Milk Day Princess contest this year and searching for some one to make a crepe paper dress. We had just found someone and the process was just getting started when the pandemic hit. I’m not sure if she will be too old if they can have it next year-maybe they will change the age limit because of the unforeseen pandemic. I am just in kind of a rambling thoughts mood this morning.
      I hope everyone is well. We miss you Barbara.
      Colleen, I hope you aren’t having computer trouble again as we haven’t heard from you in a while.
      Stay safe-stay healthy everyone.
      Gail

Attachments:
    • Anonymous
      Inactive

It has been an interesting few days. All Friday afternoon we were under a tornado watch. So I spent the time in my bathroom (inside room no windows). Adele would have been freaking out. We did get wind & thunderstorms but no tornado. Power stayed on the entire time. It rained off & on all day Saturday. Sunday was a mix of sun & clouds. But my internet was out. I tried to figure out what was wrong even changed a cable I thought it could have been. Got no where so shut it down. I was reading in the afternoon & got an e-mail so I tried the computer & it was back. I guess a lot of people on the East Coast did not have internet. Today is a grey/black day. We were to have rain but no rain. But it is way cooler our high was 71. It is to be cool tomorrow & then upper 89’s but the weekend is to be nice & comfy.

• Colleen
      Participant

Hi Everybody,
      Ron has been sick for a week. They put him in the hospital here where we live and they sent him to St. Louis. It is his blood pressure has been really low and it has been scary. We took him to urgent care and they did an EKG and found some problems and sent him down to the ER. He is going to see a specialist for his kidneys. They that is the problem so we will see what is going on tomorrow. All the prayers will be greatly appreciated.
      Colleen

• Gail Norusis
      Participant

Colleen,
      Praying so very hard. Hugs to you.
      Gail

• adele shanbar
      Participant

Hey girls
      We were talking about the same thing yesterday. No apple picking. No Topsfield Fair. No trick or treating
      None of the Fall favorites. Then for us add no Heather to enjoy the apple crisp
      No Barbara on here.
      We are losing a lot. No Labor Day Boston celebrations
      But we still have each other. We still have our decorations
      I have a virtual doctor appointment today
      I hope Colleen is ok
      Stay safe
      Adele

• adele shanbar
      Participant

Hey Sue
      I would have been freaked out. We had tornado watches in the southern part of the state I think. It missed us. We got the wind. Some occasional rain
      Weather has been nice the past few days
      I’ve been needlepointing. It makes me happy
      Did you watch Black Panther? We did. It was really good. You can see why it got so many awards
      Hope everyone votes today. We do the mail away ones and have for years
      Please stay safe
      Tonight I am making steak tips with potatoes and a salad. Trying to cook again. Lol
      How are you going ? I know you are hurting too
      Adele

• adele shanbar
      Participant

Omg. Colleen
      Prayers sent. How is he today?
      That happened to Gary when he had good poisoning. His blood pressure went way low and his kidneys were in trouble
      Praying he is in good hands and on the mend!!!!
      Please let us know how he is if you get a second
      Luv u!!!
      Adele

• Gail Norusis
      Participant

Starting new September thread. See you all there.

Viewing 133 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Share on Facebook
Facebook
Pin on Pinterest
Pinterest
Tweet about this on Twitter
Twitter
Email this to someone
email

Share this with a Smile
X Close
Watch QVC
top finds links QVC LIVE QVC PLUS QVC UK