2019 Cookie Exchange Recipes
Shortbread Nuggets by Angel
- 1 ½ cups all-purpose flour
- ½ cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, cut in to ½ inch pieces
- ½ cup packed light brown sugar
- ½ cup chopped pecans
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- ¾ tsp. kosher salt
- PREHEAT oven to 350 degrees.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Combine flour, butter, sugar, pecans, vanilla & salt in a medium bowl.
- Using your hands, work butter into dry ingredients until crumbly.
- Continue to work dough until it comes together when squeezed in your palm.
- BREAK off bite sized pieces of dough (they will look imperfect) and place on prepared baking sheet.
- Bake until golden & dry. Approximately 15-18 minutes depending on your oven.
- Let cool completely before serving or packaging.
Cookie Ornaments by Pat Dementri (host)
- Sandwich cookies, any flavor
- 2 cups of white chocolate wafers
- Paramount crystal, follow instructions
- 8 ounce package of peanut butter cup minis
- Sprinkles, sanding sugar, candy minis
- Place parchment paper on a baking sheet.
- Use a candy melting pot following instructions…or in a microwave safe bowl, add white chocolate wafers and paramount crystals. Microwave on medium heat for 30 seconds. Remove and stir slowly! Repeat at 15 second intervals until candy wafers are completely melted.
- Dip sandwich cookies into melted chocolate using a fork or dipping tool and tap to remove excess chocolate. Place on parchment paper and immediately press peanut butter cup minis to the top and decorate with sprinkles, sanding sugar or candy minis…
- Allow cookie ornaments to sit until chocolate hardens….
Coconut Cranberry Macaroons by Jayne Brown (host)
- 14 ounces sweetened shredded coconut
- 14 ounces sweetened condensed milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla or almond extract
- 2 large egg whites, at room temperature
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup Ocean Spray® Craisins® Original Dried Cranberries, roughly chopped
- 1 cup bittersweet chocolate chips, melted
- 1 cup white chocolate chips, melted
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees Fahrenheit. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper and set aside.
- In a medium bowl, combine coconut, Craisins® Dried Cranberries, condensed milk and vanilla extract.
- In another medium bowl, whisk egg whites and salt with handheld mixer at medium-high speed until firm peaks form.
- Fold in egg whites to coconut mixture.
- Using a small ice cream scoop, scoop cookies onto baking sheet 1-inch apart.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes, rotating the pan halfway through.
- Let cool for 10 minutes.
- Melt chocolate chips in a microwave-safe bowl and dip or drizzle each macaroon into white or bittersweet chocolate. Cool completely.
Holiday Candy Fudge Bars by Crystal (model)
For Christmas color, get Red and Green M&M, for Hanukkah, get blue M&M
It will be baked in 2 steps. First bottom crust, and then prepared part of M&M in the middle, and finally part.
2 cups uncooked quick-cooking oats
- 2 cups uncooked quick-cooking oats
- 1 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1 cup firmly packed light brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup butter, melted
- 1 1/2 cups red and green (blue for hanukkah) M&M ( will be divided into 2 parts)
- 1(14 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
- Combine first 6 ingredients, stirring well.
- Add butter, and stir or beat at low speed with an electric mixer until mixture is crumbly.
- Reserve 1 1/2 cups crumb mixture, press remaining crumb mixture into a lightly greased 13″x 9″ pan. This is the bottom crust.
- Bake at 375 for 10 min.
- Cool on a wire rack.
- Reduce oven temperature to 350
- Place 1 cup M&M pieces in a microwave safe bowl, microwave at high 1 – 1 1/2 minutes, stirring after 30 seconds.
- Press chocolate pieces with the back of a spoon to mash( crack a little) them.
- M&M will almost be melted with pieces of color coating still visible.
- Stir in condensed milk.
- Spread mixture evenly over crust in pan, leaving a 1/2″ border on all sides.
- Combine reserved 1 1/2 cups crumb mixture and remaining 1/2 cup M&M, sprinkle evenly over M&M mixture, and press lightly
- Bake at 350 for 25 to 28 min. . Cool in pan on wire rack. Cut into bars.
Spritz Cookies by Mary (model)
- 1 cup butter (room temp)
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 2 cups sifted all purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- Cream butter with vanilla, add sugar gradually, beating until fluffy. Add egg and beat thoroughly.
- Sift flour, baking powder and salt together; add to the creamed mixture in fourths, mixing until blended after each addition.
- Following manufacturers directions, fill a cookie press with dough and form cookies of varied shapes directly onto ungreased cookie sheets.
- Bake at 350 for 12 minutes.
Press Cookies by Maria (model)
1 lb butter
5 cups flour
1 1/2 cups confectioner’s sugar
4 egg yolks
1 tsp vanilla
- Assorted sprinkles or colored sugar
You can not change up any of these ingredients– it won’t work.
Pumpkin Cookies by Sioux (model)
- Muffin Mix
- 2 Eggs
- 1/3 cup butter or oil
- Sparkly Sugar
Hand roll into 1” balls and dip one side in sparkly sugar. Place on parchment covered cookie sheet sugar side up and bake in a 350 degree oven for 20-25 minutes.