Quacker Chat for January 20212020-12-31T13:17:00-05:00

Home Forums General Quacker Chatter Quacker Chat for January 2021

Viewing 130 reply threads
  • Author
      Participant

Hello everyone,
      Well here we are again at the start of another year. Over and above the virus there was a lot of personal sadness in our own little group this past year.
      I hope that this year will be a year of healing-for the world, the country and in our own personal lives.
      I pray the vaccine will be safe and effective and that many of the naysayers will change their mind and receive it so that we can work towards eliminating this deadly disease. I pray our politicians can guide the country toward peace and healing and prosperity. I pray that no children will go to bed hungry and that our children will get back to learning in person so that they may thrive in future years. For our own little group I pray for health and love with family and friends.
      Sue, how are you doing since you got all that snow? Have you gotten anymore?
      DD, I love the antics of Snowball. The Thomas Kincade coloring sounds like it will be a fun hobby for these long winter days.
      Adele, happy belated birthday to Aizen.
      Colleen, we did watch the Masked Dancer. I haven’t really formed an opinion yet.
      Yikes, I hope we don’t see a bear. Every once on a while we hear of cougar sightings a ways away. So far he just has a lot of pictures of deer out at night. And bunnies. lol
      We usually leave our decorations up until Epiphany and maybe a bit beyond. I don’t put them up as early as most people so I am never in that big of a hurry to get them back down. I like the lights on the long winter nights.
      Tonight we will be staying in of course and making a meal of the crab legs that we just bought that I had been having a taste for. Last night we watched a DVD of some old Christmas shows from Jackie Gleason, the Beverly Hillbillys, Donna Reed show and a couple others. One was The Doris Day show and neither Greg or I remembered that show at all. Does anyone remember it. The Jackie Gleason one was real early 1953 so I would have been five. it was very politically incorrect as there was lots of references to hitting your wife. Some shows just do not translate well through time. I always remember when I was a child watching that show I always felt sorry for them and thought they must have been very poor as their apartment was so small and I also thought it was odd that they didn’t have any kids. It’s funny the things that you think of as a child.
      Well Happy New Year Everyone. I hope that all your New Years wishes come true.
      Gail

Attachments:
    • Anonymous
      Inactive

Happy New Year!!!

We had a bad thing happen here Tuesday night. One of the last remaining businesses burned to the ground. APM (Allensville Planing Mill). It is I estimate about 10 miles from me. There were sirens & trucks heading up. I saw what it was on the computer but the lady downstairs came up & knocked on my door. She was so scared & did not know what was going on. So I told her what was happening. They had fire companies from our county & neighboring counties. They had to call a lot of tankers to bring water. It was very cold & windy & the water was freezing causing ice. The road was closed but did open yesterday although the fire was still smoldering. I was glad that our County has a site on Facebook for alerts so you can find out quickly what is happening.
      So now these people will have no jobs. No word on the cause or if they will rebuild.

We have had a coating of snow nearly everyday since the big storm. We did have a day of rain so it took a lot away but there are still piles where they piled it up when shoveling. I had my car out for the first time yesterday. I had to get rolls for hot dog/sauerkraut sandwiches. I will have pork & sauerkraut tomorrow then put hot dogs in the left over sauerkraut for other meals. I also needed milk but somehow I ended up spending $48. Tomorrow they are calling for freezing rain. Could be power outages. You can bet I am not putting a foot out in that. I hope there are not a lot of drunks out in freezing rain.

• Colleen
      Participant

Hi Gail,
      I like the animals in all the pictures. They all have really cute crowns. That is a cute way to welcome in the New Year. I will watch the Masked Dancer a couple more times to see if I like it any better. It may have just been the first one. I really hope that the masked singer comes back on. I really like that show.
      That is about all from here. We are spending the New Year alone so that will be nice ,Melissa went to Danyielle’s for a couple of days. So we will have time alone.
      Have a great night and stay safe. Hope that your weather is better then ours.
      Colleen

• Gail Norusis
      Participant

Hi Sue,
      I am glad that you knew what was going on so that you could reassure your neighbor. Those winter fires are so hard to fight in the freezing temperatures. The placed that burned sounded like it had to do with lumber and I think you worked at a lumber yard. Is there a lot of logging in your area?
      One good thing is maybe there won’t be as many drunks on the road since the bars are supposed to be shut. although in our area compliance is iffy at best this time around.
      Well I did see the ball drop in eastern time. I think I was half asleep on the couch when it dropped in central time. lol
      We don’t have any traditional foods that we make for New Years. I remember my Mom always used to have some kind of creamed fish-maybe herring to eat on New Years Eve but it was gross. It’s interesting all the different traditions there are for the different parts of the country or different ethnicities.
      You wonder how they all got started.
      We are supposed to get snow sleet and rain today so naturally it is cloudy again. When it is so cloudy day after day it’s hard to distinguish day from night. No wonder I want to nap. Although I didn’t nap yesterday as I finally felt a bit more wide awake.
      Gail

Attachments:
    • Gail Norusis
      Participant

Hi Colleen,
      We will continue to watch The Masked Dancer just to see how it goes. I’m certain The Masked Singer will be back. They are on a break since they just finished a season a couple of weeks ago. I’ll bet they’ll be back in March.
      Did you watch Ken Jeong’s show I Can See Your Voice. Even after watching all the episodes Greg and I still can’t figure out how it works. Could you have five bad singers and one good singer or vice versa. It just seems the numbers could change from week to week on the good and bad singers and it’s about impossible to tell which is which. Even the singers are fooled. I see that Name That Tune is coming back too. Sometimes it seems like the same shows get recycled over and over.
      I also wonder if DWTS will be back. I know there have been so many complaints about Tyra that it would seem crazy to bring her back and expect people to watch. Maybe it’s time for that show to come to an end or take a vacation or something. You have to feel kind of bad for Tyra as she is a person with feelings too-to have such negativity come her way-especially in this age when anyone can get online and tear her apart. My feelings were she is not a good fit for the show but I have nothing against her personally-although she sure did wear some kooky outfits-it was almost like she was daring people to say bad things about her.
      I am so glad that we bought that crab from Costco. It was kind of pricey but really good and a lot of actual crab in the shells. Not like some where you work and work for one little piece. this had big pieces. I would buy it again if I saw it there for a special treat. I figure it cost less buying it and making it at home than it would have in a restaurant.
      Gail

Attachments:
    • Anonymous
      Inactive

I love the corgi’s pulling the sleigh. I also love the doggie tree. Makes you wonder how they got them all to stay in place for the photo.

• Colleen
      Participant

Hi Gail.
      I do not want to see dwts to go off the air but I guess it is time. I do not know that much about Tyra but she is just not a good host for that show. She is too busy getting her word in and not let the judges talk. She just is not good at this job.
      I did not care for that show I Can See Your Voice. I am like you I do not understand how it works. So just quit watching it. I like Ken he is funny. I hope they find something for him. It is funny that he is judging the masked dancer also. Looks like he is going to be a professional judge on these shows.
      That crab sounds really good. We have not had crab for a long time. I think the last time we had crab was on our anniversary and we really enjoyed it. They also had lobster tails with it. We have not been back to that restaurant since then. We will go back when the weather is better.
      We had the ice storm yesterday and it got pretty bad. It is not supposed to get above freezing tomorrow so this ice will stick around for at least one more day. Then it is supposed to warm up. Hope you do not get it as bad as we did.
      Have a great night and stay safe.
      Colleen

• Dianne Danielson
      Participant

Hi Ladies,
      HAPPY NEW YEAR!! I know I’m a day late & a dollar short as usual. I hope everyone had a safe NYE! And a restful New Years day. I spent my new years resting up from all the stress of the last yr. I’m starting to take things down & put away. I love the lights on the tree & the fairy lights I put around. The way they twinkle is relaxing & pretty. I’ve loved the colored & white lights for a long time. I used to turn off the lamps & just have the tree lights on & it was so relaxing, & pretty.
      We’re having soaking rains here. One storm after another. Later today winds are supposed to pick up which could cause power outages. Our temps have been way above normal for this time of yr, low to mid 50s. That’s pretty warm for late Dec. early Jan. Of course it could turn on a dime if a cold blast of arctic air comes down outta Canada.
      I’m so lost as to what day it is these past few days. It’s like having 4 Sundays in a row. I’ll be glad when everything gets back to some kind of normalcy. LOL.
      Diane’s b/day was NYE, & at first we weren’t going to do anything, but she called & told me that she & Marilyn were going to order in at the restaurant we always go to. So she picked me up then we headed to the restaurant to pick up the order, then we went over to Marilyn’s. We had a good time. She turned 80, but she sure doesn’t look it.
      I guess some of her family has been exposed to the virus, but she hasn’t been in close contact with any of them. Thank goodness.
      I don’t watch any of the TV shows on these days. I don’t care for em. Of course most are reruns till the ‘new’ season starts.
      Snowball won’t know what to do when I get things put away & the tree taken down.
      Well, I guess that’s about all for now.
      Take care, stay safe,& well, & hopefully things will start to get back to some kind of normalcy under a different leadership!! PLEASE GOD!!!
      Love,
      dd & Snowball

Attachments:
    • Colleen
      Participant

Hi DD,
      Sounds like you had a really nice NYE. It was nice that you got to spend time with friends and celebrate Diane’s birthday. That is really fantastic that woman who is 80 does not look it or act like it. She must have had a very active life.
      It is never too late to wish everyone Happy New Year. We are always glad to hear it no matter when. We are just glad to be able to read it. It is nice to still have all of us here. All but our sweet Barbara .She is in a much nicer place now there is no covid and she will never be sick again.
      We have ice and snow on the ground. You got our rain and we got your snow and sleet. Well I guess that it was meant for us. This weather has just been crazy.
      I like the pictures that you posted. They are all really cute. I love the puppies and the kitten. They are cute playing with the ribbon. They really make you smile.
      Have a great day and stay saf.
      Colleen

• Anonymous
      Inactive

DD, Thank You for the pretty Christmas card. I got it today.

• adele shanbar
      Participant

Hello everyone
      I am so sorry I missed so much in the last few days. We did nothing on New Years. We actually ate McDonald’s. We hadAizens birthday Sunday. Enzo could not come because he hurt his back again working on his car. He is better today and went back to work
      This weekend we will do Marissa and Santino’s birthdays
      The new floor in the kitchen goes in Friday. The linoleum started to rip as it is over 20 years old and was becoming a hazard so we had to do it now. Pic attached
      That being said I have been working on refinancing the house because the rates went down to 2.5. I have been on the phone non stop about it to get the best deal
      Sue, I am so sorry you had such a stressful time with the fire in your neighborhood. That must have been so scary Fires are awful. It was so nice if you to comfort your neighbor. Your dinner sounds great. I love sauerkraut
      DD your kitty keeps us all entertained. I hope you were able to get everything out away. I got the tree down a couple of days ago. Even though I hated to put it up it was sad to take it down
      Colleen I bet you had a good time with the girls there It is nice to have company and the noise of young people. I hope your leg is doing well since the brace is off. It’s good the girls are there to help you right now
      Gailster you were quite eloquent on your New Years wish There is nothing I can add to it that you did not already say. Well said. All I can add is amen
      My New Years wish is for no more deaths. For people to get the vaccine snd all this sickness to stop. Over the holiday our DIL snd grands had snd still gave covid. That is Gary’s sons, Tommy’s family. Tommy does not have it because he does not live with them. They are separated
      I also wish for good health for everyone with no more medical issues. No accidents. No more hurt of any kind. A good friend for everyone so nobody us alone. Good kind human politicians to heal this country, snd lead us forward through this pandemic
      I love all of you. I miss our Barbara and pray nothing happens to the rest of us
      We all need healing. Sue snd I have had awful losses. Colleen lost her Mom last year as well as Gail who
      Lost her MIL. A lot of sadness. Then I lost Heather. I pray we will all be spared this year
      Please everyone stay safe.
      Adele

Attachments:
    • Gail Norusis
      Participant

Good Morning Everyone,
      I am sure you are all in shock at what transpired in Washington yesterday. It’s something I never imagined that i would ever see in this country. Just like I never imagined that i would see a worldwide pandemic. I pray that our new leadership has the strength and support to unite this country again.
      Nothing new going on in our area of the woods. So far Greg has captured deer and maybe either fox or coyote on his trail camera.
      The last two weeks have been like groundhog day. The sky looks the same in the morning as it does at dusk. My lucky SIL is headed to Florida for the next few months. At least she will see the sun and be able to go outdoors and do things the next few months.
      I read that we in Illinois over 65 have been moved from the 1c to the 1b line for shots although lord knows when that will actually be. Since I’m already staying home I’m not going to line up for hours and hours to get it. I will wait until it’s more readily available without a lot of waiting. I can’t wait for a time when i feel comfortable getting my hair done again.
      They said the kids in our district are still on remote learning until March something so maybe by the last quarter they will go back to school. I know getting kids back in schools is on the agenda of the new president. One things our grands will always remember this year if their lives. Piper will remember it as the year Gigi’s hair got white. lol I’m thinking about putting a pink streak in it just to alleviate the boredom. lol
      I have not even felt like reading much the last two weeks so you know I have been in the dumps as usually reading makes me feel better. usually when I haven’t read for a couple of days I can feel how much I miss it. But I am feeling a bit more chipper today. Now if only the sun would come out for a few days at least.
      Last night was Epiphany so i guess now slowly but surely I will start taking down the decorations. I like to wait until the battery operated things run their batteries out so that might take a couple more weeks. I like the lights.
      Gail

• Gail Norusis
      Participant

Here’s some pictures.

Attachments:
    • Gail Norusis
      Participant

Well, I guess it didn’t like those. Try again.

Attachments:
    • adele shanbar
      Participant

Gailster and everyone
      I am sure you all are as shocked as I
      I said 4 years ago that 45 was nuts snd he would start a civil war, and here we are
      I pray there are some decent people left who will stop him from doing more damage in the next 13 days
      Mark Zuckrrbutg banning him from Facebook NOW will not make me join Facebook again. Too little too late. The blood is on his hands for the people believing these crazy conspiracy theories. They take on a life of their own when they are repeated and repeated and become real.
      It was a dark day in this country’s history. I pray it will not happen again. I am afraid for the safety of Biden and Harris These white supremasists are dangerous.
      God help us all. The new administration has a huge task ahead of them….. to put this country back together
      Praying for everyone
      Adele

• Anonymous
      Inactive

It sure was a sad day for America. But of course like Trump his supporters are claiming buses brought in BLM & others impersonating Trump supporters & they were having a peaceful protest & these others stormed the Capitol. So like him they take no responsibility. He brought all this on with his lies. He needs to be removed before he does more damage. Pence would not break the law to do his bidding. I hope he does not do something to Pence for standing up to him. His staff are resigning. People are still parroting him saying the election was stolen. I fear Biden will have a very hard time because they believe he stole the election & say he is not my President. So it will be very difficult to gain unity.

Gail I have be so disturbed with the lack of sunshine. We finally had sun today. Everyone was talking about it. Even the weatherman said it was a long time coming. But it sounds like it was only for 1 day. But I hope you get some too.

My DJ’s package is still floating around somewhere. It went from Pa to 2 places in NJ not it has a note it is delayed because they are changing mailing plans. So who knows when I will get it. I cannot even get my bills on time & some never have arrived. I need to check online & pay them. Something needs to be done about USPS.

• adele shanbar
      Participant

Hi Sue
      That’s all the going if the new Postmaster General 45 put it to have mail in ballots delayed He destroyed sorting machines in a lot of post offices. That made it impossible for the mail to get out on time. Then a judge issued a feast snd desist to all the policies he was making to stop the mail from getting out. But the machines were already destroyed in many post offices all across the US

I feel the same way A total disgrace. He needs to go now. They have been talking about the 25th amendment all day. I pray Pence had the courage to do it

What as mess this country is because of him. Biden has his job cut out gif him. It will not be easy.

I hope you get some sun!!!
      Adele

• Colleen
      Participant

Hi Everybody,
      Well I guess that things will go back to normal or we will be a socialist country. I pray that we will all be okay and be safe. I really hope they do not shut the country down again. I do not think that we could survive it a second time.
      Gail, I am surprise that Greg has not caught any of the minks with the camera. You have had a variety of animals around. I wonder what we would see around here if Ron set a camera up to capture all that is running around. I know onw thing we would see in the woods it would be skunks.
      I have seen women in the store with green and blue streaks in their hair. By the time this is over they will wonder who came up with the strangest hair colors. The seniors or the teens. lol
      Adele, I do not envy you having to go thru the mess that is going to be going on at your place. They took forever to get my floors in and they moved everything in the kitchen. They moved my island and broke it all apart. It was a mess. You are having professional put yours in. We had a professional and Ron and he is the one who tore my island apart. He should have let his nephew do it and not help.
      2020 was such a bad year it has to get better it can’t get any worse with the deaths and the sickness. I just want everyone to be happy and for all the riots and trouble to stop.
      I hope everyone has a great night and stay safe.
      Colleen

• Dianne Danielson
      Participant

Hi Ladies,
      I tried posting a couple days ago & each time it would disappear, & the last time it booted me out & I had to sign back in. At that point I said to —- with it!!! Now if I can remember what I said.
      Sue, I cannot believe you got my card after New Years!! Talk about snail mail!! I guess I’ll have to send out my cards in Oct. this yr. Good grief. I’ll blame the weather! are you still getting snow & ice? We’re having lots of rain. Last week it was storm after storm after storm. Today was a lovely day, sunshine, no rain, but there’s more on the way. Our temps have been more springlike than winter! temps in the 50s! But like I said it can turn on a dime if an Arctic blast comes down. It was 4 yrs ago we had snow on the ground with more on the way. The mts are getting lots of snow with these storms so the skiers, snowboarders are happy. The ski resorts on a limited number of people at their places of businesses.

I’m still trying to absorb what took place in DC yesterday. He needs to be put into a strait jacket & put in a padded cell!!! He’s so dillusional he believes his own lies. I hope they take him out before the inauguration!!! I see where his cabinet is jumping ship like rats off a sinking ship. Too bad it took this long before people realized what he really is. I told Diane right after he was elected I believed him to be a dictator, like Putin or North Korea’s dictator. He kissed their behinds, it was sickening!
      Thank God somebody was smart enough to grab the boxes that held the ballots from all the states. I think it was an intern.
      Did anyone notice there were alot of older men in the mob? I heard there were veterans, too. Somebody got killed & their blood is on his hands. I;m sorry but she was making her way thru a broken window when she was shot, so I don’t feel sorry for any of them!!
      I took the tree down today. I’m packing it all up, & I don’t know if Snowball realizes there’s an empty corner again. She knows I’ve been moving things out of here. I’m gonna miss the lights.
      Well, I guess I better close before it boots me off again
      take care, stay well, stay safe.
      dd

Attachments:
    • adele shanbar
      Participant

Hey Colleen
      I am not looking forward to today. Right now they are prepping the floor. I don’t have an island do that is good for today!!
      I feel the same way. This is a disgrace to our country
      Did you see the new show last night? Mr Mayor. I liked it
      How are the girls doing since they came home? How is your leg?

DD
      Did you hear a police officer was one of the people killed? All the blood is on his hands. The thing is, he does not care. They did he was watching it on TV and enjoying it. I said that to Gary…. he would enjoy the people cause he would feel they were fighting for him. He has no empathy for any life lost. I also heard he snd his kids were dancing watching the events on TV. They were totally enjoying it. Shame on all of them
      How is Snowball since the decorations are down??
      I hope your weather is good so you feel good
      Our weather is cold but sunny. It will be good for the weekend too

Hope everyone had a good weekend!!’
      Adele

• Gail Norusis
      Participant

Sue,
      I knew you would understand about the cloudy days as you are affected by them too. So far no sun-weather man said maybe Monday.
      You know I don’t remember it bothering me this much ten years ago. And I think it’s bothering me even more this year as everyday is the same already because of staying home and then when the weather outside looks exactly the same everyday you begin to feel like you are living in the twilight zone.
      I hope that your DJ will eventually arrive. Sometimes you wonder how they figure out the routes that the stuff takes.
      I know I just had to send a pair of earrings back and god knows how long it will take to get them back and then get the exchange back to me if that even happens. I ordered a pair of little gold heart shaped earrings as with the pandemic I just like to keep a little something in my ears that I can sleep and shower in without worrying about taking them out or changing them. I rarely wore studs before mostly hoops or lever backs so I didn’t have many pairs. Anyway, when I received them there was only one earring in the box so I returned them for two-but who knows how long that will take to happen. I probably will have forgotten all about them and then they will show up like a nice surprise.
      Gail

Attachments:
    • Gail Norusis
      Participant

Hi DD,
      My sister lived in Portland many years ago and she said it seemed to rain a lot there-so that’s the impression I always had of it was rainy but a lot milder than here.
      The sad thing is people got killed and Trump won’t even care as he has no empathy. The funny thing is he said in his speech that he would be marching along with them and where was he? Putin is delighted as this is just what he wanted to happen.
      I was reading about QAnon online and those folks are crazy! They think that the Democrats are satanists and running a child pedophile trafficking ring and that Donald Trump was sent to save us all from them. Some think that JFK junior faked his death and is running something I’m not sure what. Many think the virus is a hoax to control us. Now why they want to do this is never explained-probably because it can’t be. Just like the people who think that the vaccine has a chip in it that will track us. No one explains why they want to track us-and really my life is so boring that if the government wants to track us they can go right ahead. Anyway, we are already being tracked through our internet usage by companies.
      I pray every day for healing in this country.
      Gail

Attachments:
    • Gail Norusis
      Participant

Hi Colleen,
      How is your leg doing? Good I hope.
      Greg doesn’t have the camera out by the pond he has it more into the wooded part of the property.
      Hopefully the minks won’t be coming around. Hopefully they checked and saw there was a net over the pond and went somewhere else to fish.
      We see skunks here too. We have been lucky and never had a dog sprayed-how about you.
      Did Melissa have any pets with her when they moved in. I know someone had a cat that bites but i think that was Mandy.
      We read that our kids will have virtual school until March so it will be interesting to see if they will go back for the last quarter or will just try to start fresh in the fall. Are schools open by you?
      Gail

Attachments:
    • Gail Norusis
      Participant

Hi Adele,
      I hope the new floor is in and looking beautiful.
      I haven’t seen Mr. Mayor yet but I have it copied.
      Greg said he saw a video of Trump and Junior watching the rioters and they were enjoying it.
      Gosh it makes you want to move to Canada-(except they still won’t let us in there).
      Greg and Tim and Terry were just talking about if they will be able to go up fishing again in Canada this year. They normally go in August so hopefully by that time things will be better.
      I know Greg just signed us up online for notification when we can get the vaccine. Our governor has moved 65 plus up to 1b instead of 1c but I’m still thinking there will not be enough available until March or April. There’s no way I am going to wait in a car for four hours like those people in Florida. I’m already home so I’ll wait until it’s readily available.
      Poor Greg might have a cracked root in a canine tooth which attaches a bridge so along with his implant he may be getting more extensive dental work. He has had a lot of dental work in his mouth ever since he was a kid. Poor guy.
      Gail

Attachments:
    • Gail Norusis
      Participant

Yeah! We had some sunshine today. I feel like I have been renewed.

Attachments:
    • Anonymous
      Inactive

I am happy for you Gail. We have sunshine at the moment too. Just makes things better.

My DJ’s have been stuck in Philadelphia since 1/5. I do not know why they needed to tour NJ before coming back to Pa. but at least they were moving then. They are over a week beyond the EDD. They need to get their act together. I can wait for the DJ’s but I ordered my prescription & hope I get it in time last time I ordered I run out before they arrived. I have been getting them through the mail because what I take for high blood pressure does not cost me anything that way as insurance pays it. If I go to the pharmacy I have a copay.

I really enjoyed your meme’s. So much excitement today sun & meme’s.

• adele shanbar
      Participant

Hey Gailster
      I saw that video of the Trump’s watching the riots. They should be ashamed of themselves
      I’m attaching a pic of the floor. I have to take a better one as the color is not accurate in the pic
      I did the Lebkuchen for Marissa’s birthday tomorrow. We’re going her snd the baby. Nobody is coming accept them snd Steph Jhonny snd Aizen. Too bad as it would have been nice to have Enzos family.
      Marissa is having this ok n red first do we do not get contaminated from anyone else. She us having the baby’s birthday with Enzos family and then another one with a couple of friends last Those friends she had been seeing all along and have not been sick cause they don’t go anywhere accept each other’s houses. Play dates fir the two babies.
      I am totally disgusted by the people who believe these conspiracy theories. What is wrong with people???
      I think Facebook snd all the rest of them need to be held accountable for spreading this bunch of lies and craziness.
      Let me know when you see The Mayor. I really liked it.
      It has been sunny up here I hope you and Sue get some sun too
      Adele

Attachments:
    • adele shanbar
      Participant

Sue
      The same thing had been happening to us. I had to get a second delivery of my arthritis meds. They never came snd I was out of them for three days before the second prescription arrived. Now Gary us missing a prescription and had to get 10 pills from the local CVS because he was out if the med. That was two prescriptions lost for us in a month
      Plus orders from the W have been taking forever.
      So I have to ask….. what is a DJ? Lol
      I am glad you had done sun. It us so gloomy when the sun dies not shine
      I hope you are good today!!!
      Adele

• Anonymous
      Inactive

Adele DJ is Dream Jeannes

• adele shanbar
      Participant

Sue
      Lol. Lol. Lol. I could only think of DJ as a disc jockey Lol. Where is my brain????
      I think it left the building.
      I hope I gave you a good chuckle
      Luv u
      Adele

• Anonymous
      Inactive

Happy Birthday DD!!!!!!

• Dianne Danielson
      Participant

Hi Sue,
      Thank you for the b/day greetings.
      I’ll post a little bit later. I have nothing planned for today. Staying in my jammies.
      dd

Attachments:
    • Gail Norusis
      Participant

Sue-thank you for bringing this to our attention. I always forget to check birthdays.

• Gail Norusis
      Participant

Happy Birthday DD!

Attachments:
    • adele shanbar
      Participant

Happy Birthday DD!!!
      I think you share the same birthday with Marissa She is the 10th too
      Sorry I missed this yesterday. I hope you had a nice day!!!
      Luv I
      Adele

• adele shanbar
      Participant

So sorry I missed the posts yesterday!!!!
      My belated Birthday wishes hope you had the cake you like. Marissa likes the Carvel ice cream cake. So do I. What is your favorite Miss DD??
      Luv u.
      By the way. A day in Jamie’s is a good day!!!😍😍🥰🥰😜😜

• Anonymous
      Inactive

Yesterday was also one of my cousins 81st Birthday. He lives in Kansas so I rarely see him. Today would have been my Mother’s 99th Birthday.

We are back to dark & gloomy but it sure was nice having a visit from the sun.

My package is still sitting in Philadelphia. I could have drove there & picked it up faster than they are moving.

• adele shanbar
      Participant

Hey Sue
      When that happened to me I called the W snd they sent out another one. I never got the one that was sitting in nowhere land
      Happy Birthday to your Mom! She was a little older than Tillie. Tillie will be 95 in May
      We are gloomy here today too. Yuck
      Adele

• Gail Norusis
      Participant

Hi Sue,
      Well, at least we had one day of sunshine.
      I once had an order that sat at a post office about 30 miles away for a month and as soon as I called the Q and they sent out another the darn thing arrived so then I was stuck sending the new arrival back. lol
      Glad that you are enjoying the memes.
      During the mornings when Greg is working he is in the family room on his laptop and I am in the living room on mine and we send memes back and forth like teenagers. lol This is what 10 months of staying home has lead us to. lol
      Gail

Attachments:
    • Gail Norusis
      Participant

Sue, Forgot to say that is interesting about the mail prescriptions cost nothing but the ones at the pharmacy have a copay. I just can never figure insurance out.

• Gail Norusis
      Participant

Adele,
      Happy birthday to Sonny and Marissa.
      I can’t keep track. Is JJ with you or back home?
      I like the marble look of the new floor.
      Jenny and Ricky stopped by to pick up a TV yesterday. Greg had gotten me a new one last year for Christmas and my old one was still good except for every once in a while it got a small green line down the left side but i figured it would be good for their basement for the kids. So they dropped by yesterday to pick it up and brought the dogs to give them a good run on our property. So we did see Jenny and Ricky for about ten minutes which was nice-I got to show her my new Christmas tree. I ordered new storage bags for both trees and am waiting for them to arrive from Amazon this week.
      The Bears lost their playoff game ( no surprise) even though Greg was wearing his new Bears shirt and vest. lol So now all we have left is to root against the Packers. lol
      Gail

Attachments:
    • adele shanbar
      Participant

Hey Gailster
      Thank you for the wishes
      I bet Jenny will love the TV. Plus , you got to see hem for a fe minutes
      I thought of you when the Bears lost last night. Sorry. Our Pats are out. First time in years. Lol
      Hope your weather is good snd the sun is shining
      Adele
      Love the memes!!

• Dianne Danielson
      Participant

HI Ladies,
      First of all, thank you for all the birthday greetings. I didn’t do anything special.
      We;re getting a pineapple express out of the south pacific. We might float away before the week is over. It’s been pouring since last night, nonstop, I think. And the temps are in the mid 50s which means all that snow we got in the mts will be melting! So the rivers, & creeks will be rising possibly flooding. So far the bigger rivers haven’t risen to flood stage yet. I’m not real sure when this will blow thru, but hopefully before too long. So be on the lookout for it heading your way. Four yrs ago, we had snowmageddon, with several inches of snow on the ground. Doesn’t look that way this yr.
      I was looking for Snowball last night so I gave up, later on I was heading into the bathroom & there she was sitting in the sink waiting for me. She just jumped up on the chair but she’s heading elsewhere.
      Our Seahawks are out too.
      Oh Adele, you weren’t the only one who wasn;t sure what DJ was. I thought maybe it was some meds I wasn’t familiar with. LOL.
      Well, that’s all for tonight.
      Oh, is anybody watching the bachelor? He’s quite a good looking hunk!
      take care, stay warm, stay safe, stay well.
      dd

Attachments:
    • adele shanbar
      Participant

Hey DD
      Love the spring pics. Very encouraging that winter is not forever
      We have had no rain or snow in a while. I guess your rain will be coming in a few days. This winter is very strange. Not very cold hardly any snow. Not good to get rid of the tic population
      Amanda made her chili last night. It was delicious snd I got a break from doing dinner. Lol
      I don’t watch the Bachelor. But you have to watch The Mayor. It’s really funny You will like it
      How the sun shines soon The news is very depressing. I’m concerned for further violence. This is not good
      Please stay safe
      Luv u
      Adele

• adele shanbar
      Participant

Hey DD
      Love the spring pics. Very encouraging that winter is not forever
      We have had no rain or snow in a while. I guess your rain will be coming in a few days. This winter is very strange. Not very cold hardly any snow. Not good to get rid of the tic population
      Amanda made her chili last night. It was delicious snd I got a break from doing dinner. Lol
      I don’t watch the Bachelor. But you have to watch The Mayor. It’s really funny You will like it
      How the sun shines soon The news is very depressing. I’m concerned for further violence. This is not good
      Please stay safe
      Luv u
      Adele

• Gail Norusis
      Participant

Hi DD,
      I hope the rain stops before you all float away. So far our winter has been relatively mild too. Temperatures in mid to lower 30’s most days which is actually pretty bearable. Yesterday the sun finally shone again so Greg and I just got in the car and took a drive around the area to just absorb some sunlight. I feel so cut off from what is happening even in our area with staying home all the time. And of course I have to rely on Jenny for all my local gossip since I haven’t been to the beauty parlor in almost a year. lol
      I must say I have never watched the bachelor or bachelorette. I am more of a sitcom person although some of them haven’t been too funny lately.
      Actually my newest favorite program is Zoey’s Extraordinary Playlist. I should not even say it out loud as usually when I love a show that’s the kiss of death for it. lol Of course I love any show where the people are likely to burst into song at any moment. That’s why I loved Glee too and Greg and I are the only two people in America to have loved the much maligned Cop Rock of many years ago. lol
      I was always fascinated by the term Pineapple Express for some reason. lol
      I love the flower pictures and the pictures of the sunny beaches. If only.
      I guess that’s why I like to read as it can take me on journeys to other times and other places.
      Gail

Attachments:
    • Gail Norusis
      Participant

Hi Adele,
      I’m glad that Belicheck refused that award. Good decision on his part.
      We have had a pretty mild winter too. They are predicting snow for tomorrow and Friday though.
      That chili sounds good. I haven’t made it in awhile. But I do have a pot roast defrosted for today. I like pot roast as you can just throw the stuff into a pan and forget it for the next few hours. Easy peasy.
      I did watch The Mayor and got some laughs. I recognize the daughter on that program from a now cancelled sitcom that I used to watch. I think Tina Fey writes that show and she has a quirky sense of humor.
      Gail

Attachments:
    • adele shanbar
      Participant

Hey Gailster
      We used to watch that show too. They had a disabled son whose mother spent all her time and energy advocating for. I liked it
      I was so disappointed when Single Parents got cancelled. Lots of shows Zi like do not make it
      I love pot roasts. We are having sandwiches snd soup tonight. Lol
      I could not sleep last night. I was hot and uncomfortable. I keep the house at 62 at night so bring hot is very strange. I eventually fell asleep around 4. Pooped today
      Hope your day goes well
      Adele

• adele shanbar
      Participant

Gail. Forgot to say. …..
      If Belichick went to the White House for that award, I would have been very disappointed
      Adele
      Love the memes. Lol

• Anonymous
      Inactive

Just thought I would let you know what I found out about my package. I contacted USPS & they see what I am seeing my package is stuck in Philadelphia for over a week. He said they had been moving slowly for the past month (as if we did not know that). He said things are starting to speed up & I should get my package soon. Just keep checking tracking. He also said the shipper (QVC) sent it at a much less expensive way than we as customers would ever hope to pay. So my question would be where is the money we pay for shipping going.

Now about Corvid 19 Our county hospital have no intensive care beds available & the neighboring county has only 1. So it is very bad. I expect it to get worse since those that stormed the Capital are back. And since they are warning protests at every capital next week that will spread more around. The vote in the House is going on now to impeach but McConnel says they won’t convene early so none of this will go through before Biden is sworn in. So it looks like he will get off. Hopefully people can go after him for some of his crimes once he is out of office.

We are having another dark cloudy day but the wind makes it feel cold.

• adele shanbar
      Participant

Hi Sue
      They did vote to impeach. I think they continue the process because they will take away his pension and other perks…. like yearly travel expenses…. and his ability to seek any other public office. At least I hope I heard that correctly
      It was sunny up here today At end of day clouds appeared
      Tonight the Chicago shows are on. We like those.
      We are having a can of soup and a sandwich for dinner. Easy Lol
      Hope the sun is shining at your place tomorrow
      I agree…. that invasion was a super spreader for sure. I am concerned for the next week at the Capital and in all the states. Just not good. I pray everyone stays safe
      Adele

• adele shanbar
      Participant

Forgot to say. Every order has been taking forever to come. Now we know why!!!
      Adele

• Colleen
      Participant

Hi All,
      I do not know how often I will be able to get on here. We have been having trouble with the internet. We had to get another broad ban box so we would have enough for the kids to do their schooling. It is really a mess. We had the one and the minutes or gig a bites were used so fast so now we have a second one and it is getting expensive. If this doesn’t work we will have to get another one so we all have our own. I do not stay on as long because I do not want to use much of the time we have on here.
      Adele I like your floor. It is really nice. I like the sweets you made looked really good also. DD I hope that your rain stops really soon. That is a lot of rain. They say that we are supposed to get some snow this week we will see.
      Gail it is hard to find good shows to watch right now. We just watch the old shows that were on years ago. We are careful of what we watch because of the kids being here. It is funny Kaylee and I like some of the same shows. We watch all the Aurora Teagarden and the masked dancer. We both like to say what we think of the dancers we do like most of the dancers on there.
      Well that is all from here. Gail and DD thank you for posting all the memes and the pretty pictures. They really bring a smile to our faces.
      Have a great day and stay safe.
      Colleen

• adele shanbar
      Participant

HeyColleen
      I’m not familiar with your cable service. We have Comcast/Xfinity. It doesn’t matter how many people are using it. It just gets slow when everyone is on it at the same time
      We like Aurora Teagarden too We watch a lot of Hallmark
      I’m glad you are having fun with the girls there
      It’s gloomy up here today
      These are scary times. I’ll be glad when we get through the inauguration next week
      Adele

• adele shanbar
      Participant

HeyColleen
      I’m not familiar with your cable service. We have Comcast/Xfinity. It doesn’t matter how many people are using it. It just gets slow when everyone is on it at the same time
      We like Aurora Teagarden too We watch a lot of Hallmark
      I’m glad you are having fun with the girls there
      It’s gloomy up here today
      These are scary times. I’ll be glad when we get through the inauguration next week
      Adele

• Gail Norusis
      Participant

Hi Colleen,
      I hope that you can find a new internet provider with unlimited minutes so you can join us more. All those things can become an issue out in the country as we cannot get the same types of internet that in town people can get.
      It’s fun that you and Kaylee are enjoying the same programs. You do have to be careful of the movies that you watch when the kids are around.
      You also have to be careful when the older folks are around. I remember I was watching a movie once when my MIL lived with us. There was a very steamy sex scene and as it continued I found myself sinking deeper and deeper into the couch. lol I was always careful what movies I chose to watch after that. lol
      We may be getting snow again later. Not sure what the predictions are yet.
      Gail

Attachments:
    • Gail Norusis
      Participant

HI Sue,
      I sure hope those darn pants will fit right when you finally get them-or what if they sent the wrong size or color? Yikes!
      That is a very good question about the shipping cost. They must be pocketing the rest of the money and shipping at the lowest rate possible.
      Covid is bad in your area-that is very scary.
      It’s unbelievable all the army that has been deployed to Washington. Maybe it would be better if they just stayed indoors and inaugurated Joe Biden in a very small ceremony with just his family and just televised it.
      We just don’t know what might happen in the next week. Scary stuff.
      I certainly hope that somehow Trump would pay for his misdeeds. I would love to see him impeached so that he can never run for office again. That’s the thing that scares me the most. That his crazed supporters will continue to follow him and do his bidding. Who would have ever thought that a reality TV star could become one of the most dangerous people in the world. It’s just nuts.
      I hope that you are staying safe and warm.
      Gail

Attachments:
    • Gail Norusis
      Participant

Hi Adele,
      I like soup and sandwich too. I must say the pot roast smells just as good as it tastes. lol
      I hope that you got a better night’s sleep last night. You keep the house cold at night. Greg would be whining if I had it that cold. lol
      I will try and explain Colleen’s dilemma a bit. When you live out in the country certain cheaper and more reliable cable services are not available to you as they don’t have the same equipment out here as they do inside the city or town so we have less providers to chose from than you would living in town.
      We are supposed to get snow here later but i haven’t heard how much yet. It can’t be that much otherwise they would be making a big deal about it on the news. lol
      Gail

Attachments:
    • adele shanbar
      Participant

HeyGailster
      How is it going out there today?
      I saw you are getting snow snd it us coming our way. Nit sure if it will be rain or snow yet
      Sandwiches were fine so was the easy clean-up. Lol
      It is very gloomy here. Makes me feel awful snd the shoulder sore. The dam shoulder started to bother me again. Very discouraging.
      I will do needlepoint today. I am working on the two stockings for my cousin in Germany. One is done and I am almost finished with the second one. Then I will do a new case for glasses for Tillie and then Nancy’s stocking is next. I have a plan!! Lol
      Hope your day is good
      Adele

• Colleen
      Participant

Hi All,
      It is snowing here. It snowed all day and all night so far. Gail I bet you are getting snow there also. It is really pretty I love snow. My daughters dog is really small and he looks so funny going out in the snow. He does not like it when he has to go out I guess it is too cold.
      I hope everyone is doing okay and your weather is not too bad.
      That is about all from here. Have a great night and stay safe.
      Colleen

• adele shanbar
      Participant

Hi Colleen
      We are getting that storm today as rain and lots of wind. It is killing my joints today. It’s supposed to be over this afternoon
      What kind of dog is it? I wish I could get a dog. I have always wanted one. Impossible for me to train or take care of one at this point. Oh well
      Hope the weather is better for you today
      Have a good weekend!’
      Adele

• adele shanbar
      Participant

Hi Colleen
      We are getting that storm today as rain and lots of wind. It is killing my joints today. It’s supposed to be over this afternoon
      What kind of dog is it? I wish I could get a dog. I have always wanted one. Impossible for me to train or take care of one at this point. Oh well
      Hope the weather is better for you today
      Have a good weekend!’
      Adele

• Dianne Danielson
      Participant

HI Ladies,
      I hope everyone is fine. I see most if not all of you are getting snow. According to some computer models, they’re saying we could get snow too. But the problem is they say temps will be in the 40s which is way too warm for snow. So the weather people are taking it with a grain of salt for now. It’s wait & see. It’s been way too warm so the ground isn’t cold enough. Usually we have several days of really COLD, temps for the ground to be cold enough. We haven’t had that many cold days & nights. The phrase “pineapple express’ comes from storm systems come up from Hawaii. They’re really juicy too. They also call it an “atmospheric river’. Thankfully the heavy rain has stopped & we’ve had a couple dry days. We’ve had some light showers so the streams & smaller rivers have had some time to recede. The biggest nightmares are land/mudslides. There was one big one that took out a woman (an oncology nurse) heading home from a dinner date with her husband. They’ve found her car but not her. Such a shame.
      I’ve been a busy little bee the past couple days. Yesterday it was my bedroom I tore apart to reorganize it. Still more to do. Today it was the living room. I took out the area rug Ive had for many yrs. It’s thread bare in spots & is filthy. I got it from the Q back in the 90s from Royal Palace rugs.
      I;ve got the living room just about where I want it. Snowball is puzzled as to what’s happening.

America needs to get down on its knees & pray for God’s protection against these thugs & pray for our new President & Vice President & their families.
      I hope they strip the liar-in-chief of everything! Now Gulliani is saying all that stuff about a rigged election wasn’t true, that’s his defense for the impeachment trial. So now they’re admitting it was all lies to begin with??!! Unbelievable!!!
      Well, I guess I better get off here.
      take care, stay safe, stay well, & stay warm.
      dd

Attachments:
    • adele shanbar
      Participant

Hi DD
      Glad the rain stopped. It always seems that rain does more damage than snow
      It is cold up here right lots of wind.
      It us awful watching what they are doing snd planning to do. There us a special place In Hell for evil people. I hate people who are prejudiced. What is wrong with the people in thus country? We heard there were police officers from our Town who were there. I am mortified about that! Knowing there are that kind of people in our town makes me sick
      Dying for Wednesday at noon do this will be behind us all
      Adele

• Gail Norusis
      Participant

Hi Colleen,
      We had snow here off and on all weekend but it was mostly just flurries with very little accumulation. It’s hard to tell as we already had snow on the ground.
      Maybe your daughter’s little dog needs a sweater when he goes out. Our little dog Belle loved her sweaters and I never thought she would as she was a squirmy little thing. When it was really cold she even liked to keep them on indoors.
      So far we have had a relatively mild winter. I would be happy if it continues that way but you just never know.
      Have fun with the kids and stay well.
      Gail

Attachments:
    • Gail Norusis
      Participant

Hi DD,
      Your reorganizing sounds like spring cleaning. It’s fun to change things around sometimes. I used to do it more often than I do now. Mainly because now it’s harder to move the furniture around. lol
      I am praying that everything will go well for the inauguration. It’s a shame that you spend your whole life in politics and can’t even have a decent inauguration because of threats of violence and all of that on top of a pandemic.
      I hope that Trump is impeached so that he can never run for public office again so our country will be protected from him.
      I love the cabinet of quilts and the old fashioned pet store. You find such interesting pictures.
      Stay safe and healthy.
      Gail

Attachments:
    • Gail Norusis
      Participant

Hi Adele,
      I hope that your weather is okay. We had very light flurries all throughout the weekend. Nothing bad at all.
      I’m sorry the shoulder is hurting again.
      How did the needlepoint go? It sounds like you are making stockings for the whole family. You also finish your projects very quickly. I have many started projects but few finished ones. lol The easiest ones were a few years back when those thin fuzzy knitted scarves were popular. I did finish several of those because they knitted up so quickly. I think since I am older I have trouble with concentration. lol At least that’s my excuse.
      Saturday was Kendall’s 13th birthday. I can’t believe that she is a teenager. Her Mom took her shopping as she hadn’t had a chance to spend her Christmas gift cards yet. We stopped over for five minutes yesterday to drop off her gift. So we got to see everyone for a few minutes. I’m starting to see a light at the end of the tunnel and hoping by mid summer we can all visit again-it just depends on how the vaccine roll out goes.
      I think things will move in a more positive direction on that front once Biden takes over.
      I just pray that everyone stays safe.
      Gail

Attachments:
    • adele shanbar
      Participant

Hey Gailster
      I love doing the needlepoint stockings. I finished the ones for my cousin and started on a case for glasses for Tillie. Pics attached
      It’s sunny up here today so bones feel better
      I’m dying for tomorrow. Biden is hope and positivity. I wish I could host an inauguration party!’🥳🥳
      I’m glad you got to see the kids for a minute. Better than nothing at all. Happy Birthday to Kendall. Imagine she is a teen too. Wow
      Hope your day is going well
      Adele
      Check out my Biden/Harris sticker

Lol

Attachments:
    • Gail Norusis
      Participant

Hi Adele.
      I posted earlier but my internet conked out just as it was going through so it never posted.
      I really like these last two stockings. I like the pictures on them.
      Is the glass case a zip around too?
      I get these emails from this Broadway blog thing and I see Josh Groban is streaming a live concert on Valentine’s Day so I think I am going to order it as he is one of my favorite singers and I know I won’t be going out to dinner that night. lol I wonder when the next time will be that I actually go into a restaurant. anyway, I saw Josh originally on Ally MacBeal many years ago-he must have been quite young and I knew he was going to be a star.
      We have been watching some of those new quiz shows and enjoying them. Especially the one with the old Jeopardy champions-they are so smart.
      Jenny said Piper got her two teeth pulled that she had to have done and Lachlan went snow boarding and hurt himself so he is limping around. So I told her she probably just earned her first gray hair. lol
      We had sun for two days and now the next couple of days it’s supposed to get pretty cold. I can’t really complain though as so far winter has been relatively mild.
      Gail

Attachments:
    • Gail Norusis
      Participant

Here’s Greg with the Christmas present he bought himself. Men are just little boys in grown up suits.

Attachments:
    • adele shanbar
      Participant

Hey Gailster
      Thank you for the compliments. I do love making them. Yes, Tillies glasses case also has a zipper. I’m dying to finish it for her!
      Poor Jenny. It’s tough when kids hurt themselves. You feel so guilty !
      Speaking of that I have been very weepy. I’m having a tough time with my birthday. I didn’t realize it was going to make me feel this bad. Last night I cried because I have lost three best friends and my daughter. That makes four best friends. Then add our sweet Barbara on here too.
      I don’t want a party this year. I just want the day to pass quietly
      I love the pic of Greg!! It’s the perfect male covid picture. Lol. Lol
      I think you are correct. Nobody will be going out for Valentines Day this year either. You have a good plan to celebrate the day!!
      Luv u guys
      Adele

• adele shanbar
      Participant

Hey Gailster
      Thank you for the compliments. I do love making them. Yes, Tillies glasses case also has a zipper. I’m dying to finish it for her!
      Poor Jenny. It’s tough when kids hurt themselves. You feel so guilty !
      Speaking of that I have been very weepy. I’m having a tough time with my birthday. I didn’t realize it was going to make me feel this bad. Last night I cried because I have lost three best friends and my daughter. That makes four best friends. Then add our sweet Barbara on here too.
      I don’t want a party this year. I just want the day to pass quietly
      I love the pic of Greg!! It’s the perfect male covid picture. Lol. Lol
      I think you are correct. Nobody will be going out for Valentines Day this year either. You have a good plan to celebrate the day!!
      Luv u guys
      Adele

• adele shanbar
      Participant

Hey all
      Check out the pretty gift from Marissa and the Denardo family!
      Lol
      Adele

Attachments:
    • Anonymous
      Inactive

Adele Happy Belated Birthday. Sorry I am late but all I can say is this has been a busy week. You should celebrate your Birthday. Of course you miss those who have passed but they would want you to live your life. Just take a moment to remember them but don’t live in the grief.

• adele shanbar
      Participant

Thank you Sue for the kind wishes snd words. You hit the nail on the head!
      I will do my birthday on Sunday. That gives me a couple of days to develop the smile. Lol
      Attached is edible arrangement # 2. From Ton and Joyce. It’s nice to know I am loved. I am blessed with all the friends I have left. My glass is half full …,,🥳🙏🏻♥️👍🤪😱

Attachments:
    • Anonymous
      Inactive

Those edible arrangements look good. As you know we have nothing like that here. It is great you have friends & family that love you.
      I never had a Birthday party. In my family Birthdays were not a big deal just like any other day. So now that I am alone it does not bother me that much because it was never a celebration.

I have a question for you cooks. I bought a veggie lasagna at the store. I love them. Anyway this one is huge & I was wondering if I could cut it while frozen into smaller squares & wrap each one well & put back into the freezer so I had smaller portions because the huge one may not all get eaten right away. The ones I bought before were not this big but this was the only size they had.

• adele shanbar
      Participant

Hey Sue
      I feel there is no reason why you can’t cut it in half while frozen. Go for it!
      Well no party can be planned now. JJ had been sneezing all over the house. I am having him stay upstairs Not letting Tillie come up tonight either. I’m hoping it is just a cold. He has no other symptoms. Steph sees no reason to test him. I can’t take him because I don’t have the authority to do it. So we wait snd pray
      Check this out. Nancy left a floral arrangement for me. I took two pics of it snd in both it looks like two orbs are there. I dont care what anyone thinks. I think the orbs are my Dad snd Heather visiting from Heaven. They are trmkndkng me I still have good friends left given here. Lol
      Luv u
      Adele

Attachments:
    • Dianne Danielson
      Participant

Hi Ladies,
      I hope everyone is fine. I;m fine, so far. We’re expecting some snow this weekend. They keep waffling between we’ll get flurries, or we won’t see any. I guess we’ll see what happens. We’ll get a lot in the mts, tho.
      Adele, I’m sorry I missed your birthday!! For me it was just another day. We celebrated Diane’s b/day on NYE, so that was enough. I didn’t do anything on my b/day. Probably watched football.
      That fruit bouquet looks delish! I’ve never got one but I’ve seen em on TV & mags. They no doubt cost a small fortune.
      OK, have any of you felt like we’ve been thru a decade or 2 the past few months or even this month?
      It’s only January & it feels like 2 months are gone.
      I’m still rearranging things & Snowball can’t figure out what is going on. She sleeps on the back of the rocking chair since the sun shines in every morning & she enjoys the warmth.
      I don’t know what’s going on with my computer, it’s acting up. I can’t finish a sentence without it messing up.
      Take care, stay safe & stay well!!
      dd

Attachments:
    • Colleen
      Participant

Hi All,
      Adele you should still celebrate your birthday and embrace the family that you have with you. Maybe that was your dad and Heather letting you know that they are there with you. They want you to celebrate and be happy. You will all be together one day but for now you need to celebrate with Tillie and the rest of your family. Just enjoy your life. I know it is hard but you cna do it.
      Gail, Greg looks like Ron sitting back in his recliner and snoozing away. At least Greg is doing something. I am glad that you got to see the grands even if it was for just a few minutes. Aliza is here with us tonight. She spent while her mom and her aunts spend some time together. I think that they are trying to cheer Melissa up since she has separated. It was nice for them to all get together.
      DD, This month does seem like it taking forever to be over with. I guess it is just a long month. I just took my Christmas things down and really wish that I did not do that. It makes the house look so depressing. I was looking at the pictures that you posted of the girls doing laundry. Can you imagine having to do that. Especially in the cold weather. Those were really hard times for women.
      I love the flowers that you got Adele and the edible bouquet. That is really nice.
      Hope everyone has a good night and stay safe.
      Colleen

• adele shanbar
      Participant

Hey DD
      I keep having to sign in on this. It’s very annoying.
      I think since everyone is home, the internet is clogged with so much traffic it just goes nuts
      It’s a breath of fresh air eith the crazy man gone. We have competent people running the country and we can all breathe a sigh of relief
      Hope Snowball is making you smile today.
      It’s freezing up here We got a dusting last night. It us sunny today
      We had a chocolate cake last night gif my birthday. It was yummy!!
      Those fruit arrangements are pricey but delicious. Especially the chocolate covered ones
      I hope you had a good birthday with your friend.
      Spring is coming. We are almost through January. Lol.
      Hope you have a good day
      Adele

• adele shanbar
      Participant

Ho Colleen
      Please read my other post to DD gif all the info. Lol
      I fo believe it was a message It makes me smile
      We may try to do something Sunday but JJ has been sneezing and not feeling good. So I have kept him upstairs snd could not let Tillie near him yesterday. I gave him a Claritin d and he stopped sneezing. So ai hope it us allergies. Steph does not want to have him tested. I am praying he is better today. Then we can do something as it would be clear it was allergies
      Hope the sun us shine for all of you snd the girls had a good time yesterday
      How is Aliza??
      Adele

• Colleen
      Participant

Hi Adele,
      Sound like JJ has allergies. I know that Aliza has them also. She spent the night here last night. She is funny. She tries to not have to go to bed. She tried everything that she could to stay up here. She acted like she was crying for her mom until she found out it was not working. Then she was really hungry and could not sleep so we gave her a snack and a drink of water. So then she needed to hear a story she couldn’t sleep with out it. I had already read two books to her so I read one more and she fell sound asleep.
      It is snowing here but not a lot. It will probably end up being a dusting. I would like to have one really good snow that sticks around for a couple of days. One that it melts off the streets and just stays on the grass. That does not happen though.
      Grayson was here today. He was not a happy little guy he was teething. Brook forgot to put medicine in his bag and we did not have ora gel or baby asprin here for him. So we were going to go and get something for him when his mom came here. So we told her to go and pick up the medicine for him. That kid works a lot.
      I hope that you get to celebrate your birthday Sunday and just enjoy being with your family.
      Colleen

• adele shanbar
      Participant

Hi Colleen
      They want to wait on the birthday because of JJs sneezing. After I gave him the Claritin d it all stopped. It was really weird. I was scared it was covid. But he had no other symptoms snd it all disappeared by the afternoon
      I don’t watch the Masked Singer. I know you Gail snd Sue watch it. I think DD does too… not sure
      I hope Grayson teeth come in soon. It’s awful when they teeth. Poor babies
      Santino got a black eye. He slipped in the tub and freaked Marissa out. She felt so bad. She bought these tub protectors on Amazon so it won’t happen again
      We have no snow. Just bitter cold snd wind chill factor. Yuck. I hope you gets snow you want
      Soooooo…. did you win the lottery!? Lol
      Have a good one!
      Adele

• adele shanbar
      Participant

Hi Colleen
      They want to wait on the birthday because of JJs sneezing. After I gave him the Claritin d it all stopped. It was really weird. I was scared it was covid. But he had no other symptoms snd it all disappeared by the afternoon
      I don’t watch the Masked Singer. I know you Gail snd Sue watch it. I think DD does too… not sure
      I hope Grayson teeth come in soon. It’s awful when they teeth. Poor babies
      Santino got a black eye. He slipped in the tub and freaked Marissa out. She felt so bad. She bought these tub protectors on Amazon so it won’t happen again
      We have no snow. Just bitter cold snd wind chill factor. Yuck. I hope you gets snow you want
      Soooooo…. did you win the lottery!? Lol
      Have a good one!
      Adele

• Gail Norusis
      Participant

Bernie even came to Harvard. lol

Attachments:
    • Gail Norusis
      Participant

Hey Sue,
      I have cut regular lasagna into smaller pieces and frozen it so I don’t see why you couldn’t do it with the spinach lasagna.
      I’m sorry that you never had a birthday party growing up. Did you get to go to other children’s parties?
      Of course when I was a kid the parties weren’t as elaborate as they are today for some kids.
      How is your weather. We had snow and are expecting more and now the pick up truck isn’t working for some reason so Greg has to call the Chevy place tomorrow.
      Gail

Attachments:
    • Gail Norusis
      Participant

Hi DD,
      I hope your computer is doing better. Sometimes I think the internet providers get clogged up with so many doing work and school from home.
      If I missed your birthday Happy Belated birthday. I always forget to look at the birthday page.
      Those edible arrangements are pretty.
      How is Snowball doing with the furniture rearranging? Does she approve? lol
      Gail

Attachments:
    • Gail Norusis
      Participant

Colleen,
      That was nice that Melissa got to go out with her sisters. She is lucky to have them around for support and of course you and Ron too-but sometimes you might talk about things with your siblings that you wouldn’t talk about with your parents.
      Poor little Grayson-those teeth coming in always hurt and there’s no explaining it to a little one.
      Piper had to have two teeth pulled because they were decayed and it was so odd because her last check up they were totally fine. Good thing they are baby teeth.
      That Aliza is so funny-she really knows how to drag the bedtime ritual out. The funny thing is she probably thinks she’s fooling you not realizing you are just being an indulgent grandparent. lol
      Gail

Attachments:
    • Gail Norusis
      Participant

Hi Adele,
      Glad that JJ is better.
      I think this site is programmed to make us sign in again after a certain amount of time or a certain amount of visits as it has done that for a long time.
      Poor Sonny-did he hit his eye on the faucet? I bet Marissa feels so bad.
      I’ll bet he’ll have forgotten all about it before his Mom does.
      I’m glad that your birthday turned out happier than you expected. Your chocolate cake sounds good. Did you put candles on it?
      Now with covid we can’t even blow out candles anymore. I saw someone invented something to protect the cake. necessity rally is the mother of invention.
      lol
      Gail

Attachments:
    • adele shanbar
      Participant

Hey Gailster
      Live all the memes. Especially the wet flor snd pineapple ones. Lol. I can’t tell you how relieved I am he is ok. We were all worried
      No candles were used to protect the innocent. Lol
      I’m not sure what he hit his head on. Boy Marissa is buying up all the edge protectors the universe has lol. She was so upset. I told he Santino us a boy snd that is only the first of many bruises to come. Enzo and Pina said the same thing.
      It is freezing up here. Has not been this cold all winter
      So Brady snd his boys are on the way to the Super Bowl. Gary is pissed. He wanted him to lose
      Hope it’s warmer in your neck of the woods
      Adele

• adele shanbar
      Participant

Ps. Everybody loves Bernie outfit
      Lol. Lol. Lol
      Adele

• Colleen
      Participant

Hi Adele,
      Poor Marissa. I know that she feels guilty but little ones fall and he is in for a lot more like everyone said. Just wait until he starts walking and has a lot of falls trying. I know that Grayson falls a lot.
      The bitter cold can be worse then the snow. They are saying that there is a winter storm coming. It is going thru Kansas but is not coming to Missouri. It is just going around us and going up your way. I hope that it is not as bad as they are saying. We will see what happens.
      I hope that they celebrate your birthday soon. I have been coughing but I think that it is happening because of the mask. I am just breathing in my own air. We are not getting fresh air.
      I have been watching the masked dancer and still not sure how I feel about that. It is too hard to dance in those costumes I am sure. They seem to be really heavy.
      Well that is about all from here. Have a great night and stay safe.
      Colleen

• Colleen
      Participant

Hi Gail,
      The girls are lucky that they have stayed close. They are always there for each other. I hope they stay that way and never have a falling out. The kids all get along really well also so that makes it nice also.
      Poor Piper having to have her teeth pulled at such young age. That is odd that they rotted like that right after having a good check-up. Do they have any idea why it happened. I hope that it does not happen to any of her other teeth. It worries me about Grayson since his dad did not have his front teeth. He has a little girl and she does not have her front teeth either. I hope that she gets her teeth soon. I never see her anymore since he left so do not know if she ever got her teeth or not.
      We see our grands more then we thought we would. It is so good to see them. Aliza is a little character. She tries anything she can to get her way. I wonder if she tries that at school. I cannot imagine her teacher letting her get away with it.
      Well that is about all from here. PLease have a great night and stay safe.
      Colleen

• adele shanbar
      Participant

Hey Colleen
      I hope the coughing stops. That’s uncomfortable. When ghat happens to me I use a hard candy to keep in my mouth and it adds just enough moisture to make the coughing stop
      I have not heard about the storm coming yet. I hope it won’t be bad for either of us. Lol. It’s sunny here today……so far
      I don’t watch that show
      I hope your grandchild gets their front teeth. That would be awful I’ll add another prayer to my nightly routine
      Hope you are good
      Adele

• Dianne Danielson
      Participant

HI Ladies,
      Well, we’re expecting snow in the next 24-36 hrs. It’s still too warm for it to stick around for long. We haven’t had enough below freezing days/nights for it to stick. the nights have been well above freezing at night.
      We had some excitement yesterday(Sunday). The fire alarm went off & 6 fire trucks showed up along with 3 fire chiefs, & rescue teams. I’m not exactly sure what happened, but there was a fire on the first floor. I can’t think of the last time 6 trucks showed up here for a fire. Usually it’s one, 2 at the most.
      My living room is looking more like it should. More room to walk around now. Diane took some of my tubs out, making more room. It makes a big difference. I’m not sure what her nibs thinks of the new arrangement. she finds new places to sleep. right now she’s on the bottom shelf of the white bookcase. she blends right in. LOL.
      I haven’t decorated for Valentine’s yet, but working on getting started.
      Well, that’s all for now. take care, stay safe, stay well.
      dd

Attachments:
    • adele shanbar
      Participant

Hey DD
      Glad to hear from you.
      They was scary. I hope all is ok in your building snd stays that way
      I I heard the storms are bad snd coming this way. They are not sure how far up they will go but think we may be spared most of them. I’ll see from the news st noon today. I’ll have to order our groceries before the mess starts
      I hope you are ok.
      How is Snowball with all the decorations gone?!
      Please stay safe.
      I’m not great today. I have a slight fever and can’t stay out of the bathroom. Yuck. It will pass. Lol
      Adele

• Colleen
      Participant

Hi Adele,
      Well we had thunder storms here and the thunder was really loud. One time it was so loud that it shook the whole house. It woke my poor granddaughter up. She screamed and got out of bed she was so scared. I am not sure if she thought maybe it was a tornado or what she thought it was. I felt really bad for her.
      I do suck on peppermints and chew gum. Sometimes it helps but sometimes not. I do keep cough medicine around to help with it also. They sell sugar free cough medicine now. That makes it nice for diabetics.
      Grayson turned 0ne today. He is such a little cutie. He is walking now also. He does really well if he does not think anyone is watching or he is not thinking about what he is doing.
      Not much going on here. Just the same thing every day. Hope you have seen the kids lately especially little Sonny. It is so much fun to see all the new things they have learned. Hope JJ’s cough is gone now and he is doing fine.
      Colleen

• Colleen
      Participant

Hi DD,
      That had to be scary when all those fire trucks were there. I hope that everyone is okay and the fire did not do a lot of damage to the first floor. I really hope everything is okay.
      I do not know if I will put any decorations out this year. I cannot get to the closet to get the decorations up. My daughter and her daughter are sleeping in that room so it is hard to get to the closet. It is hard to get use to having more people in the house.
      Well that is about all from here. How is Critt doing? I hope that he is doing well.
      Colleen

• adele shanbar
      Participant

Hey Colleen
      JJ is cough free. It only lasted one day. He was sneezing like crazy. After I gave him the Claritin d it stopped
      I have not seen Sunny since his birthday. Marissa was staying away for two weeks because she saw a few friends for the baby’s birthday and wanted to be sure she would not give us anything
      That storm was awful for you. Your poor granddaughter. Was that the storm that gave Arkansas the awful tornado?
      We got about 5 inches of snow last night. My ankle is killing me today. I’m afraid the dam arthritis has moved to my ankles. Makes it very hard to walk when it kicks up
      Hope you are all ok and that your weather is better!!!
      Please stay safe!
      Adele
      Ps. Glad your cough is better
      Attaching pic of case for glasses that I made for aTillie

Attachments:
    • Colleen
      Participant

Hi Adele,
      I am not sure that storm we had was connected to the one in Arkansas. We have snow on the ground right now. It snowed here just about all day long. It was really pretty and the ground is covered and the trees. I love the snow but have not been out in it yet. Kaylee went out and played in the snow for a little while.
      The glass case that you made for Tillie is really pretty. You are a very talented person. How is Tillie doing? Is she coming upstairs more now or is she staying in her room. I hope she comes up for her meals and is around all of you.
      You always get a lot more snow then we do. It is really prtty when it first falls and no one walks on it. We have to catch it right after it falls or the dogs have walked thru it.
      Arthritis really causes a lot of pain. It is horrible because it can hurt every joint in your body. It seems like the older we get the more places it decides to strike. I hope your ankles get better soon.
      There is not a lot going on here. Have a great night and stay safe.
      Colleen

• Colleen
      Participant

Hi Adele,
      I am not sure that storm we had was connected to the one in Arkansas. We have snow on the ground right now. It snowed here just about all day long. It was really pretty and the ground is covered and the trees. I love the snow but have not been out in it yet. Kaylee went out and played in the snow for a little while.
      The glass case that you made for Tillie is really pretty. You are a very talented person. How is Tillie doing? Is she coming upstairs more now or is she staying in her room. I hope she comes up for her meals and is around all of you.
      You always get a lot more snow then we do. It is really prtty when it first falls and no one walks on it. We have to catch it right after it falls or the dogs have walked thru it.
      Arthritis really causes a lot of pain. It is horrible because it can hurt every joint in your body. It seems like the older we get the more places it decides to strike. I hope your ankles get better soon.
      There is not a lot going on here. Have a great night and stay safe.
      Colleen

• Gail Norusis
      Participant

Hi DD,
      I’m glad that nothing bad happened when the fire trucks showed up. I wonder what happened.
      I like that Snowball found a nice place to sleep on the storage bin. She looks quite comfortable. lol
      Those pictures of the baby ducks remind me of Easter.
      Does anybody remember when we were kids and some shoe stores would give kids a baby chicken when they went in to buy their Easter shoes or was that a regional thing? We never got any but Greg says he remembers getting them.
      How is the rain out your way? I think Northern California is getting bad rains.
      Stay safe and well.
      Gail

Attachments:
    • Gail Norusis
      Participant

Hi Colleen,
      It’s nice that your girls get along so well-I’ll bet they will always be close. It’s also nice that the cousins get along.
      I’m glad that my grands know their cousins as our kids didn’t know any cousins growing up at all.
      I knew lots of cousins when I was a kid even though most of them were older than me. My first cousins were all older boys but we had lots of third cousins both boys and girls and some were closer to my age. It was just nice to know some extended family members.
      My parents had a club called the kissing cousins (I still have my mother’s pin from the club) They were all my mother’s cousins and their spouses and they used to have parties and meetings and go out together I think once a month. They had a lot of fun together.
      I don’t know why that happened to Piper’s teeth. Hopefully that will be a one time thing and she won’t have problems with any others.
      I’ll bet Aliza is good for her teachers-she just knows that she can get grandma and grandpa to do what she wants.
      Happy 1st Birthday Grayson!
      We had probably six or eight inches of snow. Our truck with the plow was in the shop so we were worried about that-about being able to get out of our driveway to pick it up. It was a local place so they sent someone out in a car to our house to pick up Greg so we could get the truck back. I was so happy about that because then I didn’t have to drive him in to get it and then drive back on my own. he said there was ice underneath the snow too. That’s one of the nice things about doing business locally.
      Gail

Attachments:
    • Gail Norusis
      Participant

Hi Adele,
      I thought the tornadoes were in Alabama not Arkansas. I could be wrong.
      I’m glad JJ stopped sneezing.
      Greg got a bad bloody nose last night. He gets them from the dry in the winter I think. Brent used to get them too. At least it wasn’t as bad as when he was on the blood thinners though.
      I hope you are feeling better both tummy and ankles. It sucks to hurt all the time. And some of the things that you take for arthritis can be hard on your stomach.
      The sun is shining here today so that’s a plus.
      I am getting my new wash machine delivered tomorrow I think. I’m not even sure how much it is costing me yet because Jenny didn’t think her bosses gave me a big enough discount so she was working on him. It’s a front loader and my laundry room is on the second floor so I know the delivery people thank that’s a pain in the butt. Some people have their laundry room in the basement so what’s the difference. Except I guess the front loaders are heavier for some reason. But i am short and I have a hard time getting things from the bottom of the top loaders without standing on my head practically. lol
      Gail
      Love the glasses case!

Attachments:
    • Anonymous
      Inactive

The snow missed us this time. We were to have snow changing to sleet & freezing rain but it was all sleet & freezing rain. I had to work on my walk to get it clear. I would put ice melt on & when it started to melt shovel that off working my way out the walk. It is clear now until next time. We have sun today but very cold & windy.
      I remember getting baby chicks. My dad drove the mail between local Post Offices & he use to get big boxes of them. He would show them to us so soft & fluffy but they made a lot of noise chirping. I think many died during shipment & did not last long after giving to children. When I worked at Murphy’s they use to give out goldfish to the kids after the parade. I think they soon died as well.
      Glad Greg got his truck back. I have local people that do the work on my car & they pick it up do the work & bring it back. So thankful for that.

• adele shanbar
      Participant

Hi Colleen
      It is still snowing up here. More snow flurries than anything else. We have about 5 inches. It’s supposed to be extremely cold tomorrow
      I made short ribs in the crock pot last night. Pic attached
      Here’s the recipe
      4 to 5 lbs short ribs
      1/2 tsp each of salt snd pepper
      3 tbs whole grain mustard
      1/2 cup beef broth
      3/4 cup bbq sauce
      Cook 8 to 9 hours

Tillie had not been coming up for dinner. We are lucky if she comes up once a week. I wish it were more. I don’t like it when she eats alone

Hope your day is going well!!
      Adele

Attachments:
    • adele shanbar
      Participant

Hey Gailster snd Colleen
      I forgot to say Hapy Biryhday to Greyson!!’♥️♥️
      I never got a baby chick with any pair of shoes. Lol
      I hope you live your new washer. Everyone here likes ours. A lot can go on snd it is easier to load
      Lease read the post to Colleen for more info snd a recipe
      Yes, the daily arthritis woes are getting old. When I add Alleve it goes away but it’d not good on my stomach. So I only do it when it is real bad
      Hope your weather is nice today!!
      Adele

• adele shanbar
      Participant

Hi Sue
      We are still getting snow. The gentle falling kind. Tomorrow it is to be bitter cold up here. You too?
      Wow. I never got a little chick. No fish either. That was awfully cute…..accept if they died
      I keep forgetting to ask. Did your landlord ever follow through with new doors snd windows? I wonder if he was going to refinance the house to do it snd then got rejected.
      I hope you are ok snd nice snd snuggly warm. We got another oil delivery yesterday so we are all set for the cold snap.
      Please stay safe. Hope your day is going well
      Adele

• Anonymous
      Inactive

Has anyone received their Vaccination? We have to wait here until they get more. It is a mess as there is no central place to see who has it. I can get it if they get some because anyone over 65 & people 16 to 64 that are high risk. But it does not do much good if no one has any. Just wondering how it is in other states.

• Colleen
      Participant

Hi Gail,
      My sisters kids were all a lot older then my girls. They are friends with my oldest sisters kids but they are a lot older but they talk more now. If they come to St .Louis they call the girls and meet for dinner but they all live too far away. One lives in California and the other two live in the state of Washington. So they do not see each very much.
      That is really a good idea to have the kissing cousins club. I do not see any of my cousins any more. We just all kind of lost touch with each other. It is really a shame. It happens though. It would be nice if we could all be able to see each other like we did when we were kids. It seems like when our grandparents were alive we all saw each other but when they were gone it seems like our parents all went their separate ways. It is kind of sad.
      That is strange that it happened to Piper’s teeth. I hope that is the last time it happens. All kinds of things can happen to kids teeth. These kids are going thru so many different things then we went thru.
      We still have snow on the ground here. We only have two inches not as much as you have. We are supposed to have frozen rain and sleet one day next week unless. they are wrong again.
      Well that is all from here. We are still enjoying all the memes that you are sending. They are so funny. I really like the one with the glitter. Have a great day and stay safe.
      Colleen

• Colleen
      Participant

Hi Adele,
      Your short ribs look really good. My daughter has been cooking here. She really turned out to be a good cook. She always liked to cook when she was younger. My oldest daughter is not a very good cook she never did like to cook and sometimes it shows.
      That is nice that she does at least come up once in awhile. It is getting hard for her to come upstairs. Can you go downstairs to be with her or is it too hard for you also. It is hard to know what to do.
      We had two inches the other day. It was not bad The roads are clear and we did not have any sleet under the snow. We are supposed to have sleet and freezing rain here one day next week. I hope that they are wrong. We were not supposed to get the snow but we did so we stand a fifty fifty chance..
      I still have been going to therapy. They are trying to help me get my balance back again. I am getting to where I have to hold on to things to keep from falling. Especially since I broke that bone in my leg. I am hoping that I can get it back so things can go back to normal.
      Well that is about all from here. Have a great night and stay safe.
      Colleen

• Gail Norusis
      Participant

Hi Sue,
      No Covid vaccines here. We are on a list with the county and they tell us when and where it will become available. We are just content to wait as we are not going anywhere anyway. We are not driving hundreds of miles or waiting in line for hours. So we will wait our turn. I don’t expect to see anything until later in February. It’s a lot of people to vaccinate and we know it can’t be done that quickly. Plus I feel the Trump office had no plan in place so Biden’s people are probably starting from square one.
      I always feel so bad when you tell us about shoveling all on your own. I know I couldn’t do it. No wonder you dislike when it snows-I would too in your position. Too bad you couldn’t move to somewhere without snow-it would make things so much easier for you. Did you ever think about relocating?
      My Mom moved to Florida on her own after my Dad died and was very happy there.
      I’m sure most of those baby chicks died. of course that would be considered animal cruelty today and it was an awful idea. Greg said he got them as a kid and they gave them to his grandmother who eventually ended up eating them. (I hope they never told the kids)
      It seems those goldfish giveaways or the ones the kids won at carnivals never faired much better. I was heartbroken as a kid when my carnival goldfish died-I named it Bubbles from the TV show back then with Two Ton Baker (very politically incorrect) we can’t remember the name of the show. Anyway,i was inconsolable and cried for two days and then two days later because i wanted to be an archeologist even at six i wanted to go out and dig him up thinking I would find his bones. lol I never could find the grave. (I suspect my parents moved him after i decided to dig him up knowing I would be horrified at what I would find) lol What can I say. I was a weird kid.
      That is nice that your service place picks up and drops off your car. I suspect we got that service since it was done at the dealership where we bought the truck.
      Gail

Attachments:
    • Gail Norusis
      Participant

Hi Colleen,
      Once I became an adult I lost contact with most of my cousins too. Some of them were much older than me so they may not even be alive. That’s a sad thought. My sister does keep in contact with one cousin that is her age so I hear about that family through her.
      We are due for quite a bit more snow Saturday night through Sunday morning. I wish I could send some to you. lol
      Did you say Brook was working at WalMart now? Does she like that better than KFC? How is Kylie doing? Is Ethan in high school now?
      Gosh the kids have grown since we first started chatting on here.
      Gail

Attachments:
    • Gail Norusis
      Participant

Hi Adele,
      It would be nice if Tillie would come up more as I am sure that she would enjoy the company. I take it Amanda isn’t there anymore. it’s hard to keep track of the comings and goings. lol
      The short ribs look good and sound easy with the crock pot. My Mom used to make them a lot but I forgot how she did them. I don’t normally make them but I bet Greg would like them.
      We got the new wash machine delivered. I did one load so far and it works good. I think it’s a better model than our previous one. I know it’s heavier. The delivery guys hate the second floor laundry rooms. Oh well. We tipped them well. The previous one was also a front loader. It’s so much easier for a short person to get the laundry out. With a top loader I am practically standing on my head falling in to get the clothes out.
      We’re getting more snow tomorrow. It’s definitely winter.
      Did anyone see that big old full moon last night.
      Gail

Attachments:
    • adele shanbar
      Participant

Hey Sue
      You can’t get an appointment up here. The website is a mess and keeps knocking people out if it. They are supposed to set up a phone system
      I think it’s a mess in all the states.
      I heard today that the Johnson and Johnson one is a one shot deal snd will be able to be done at your doctors office. I’m hoping it will be out soon
      How are you going??
      Adele

• adele shanbar
      Participant

Hey Colleen
      That is great that your daughter cooks. I bet you are really enjoying that. I love when Bobby cooks. I just did hamburgers tonight. Simple. Lol
      Tillies kitchen is small and only three people can fit at her table. That won’t work. Lol. She will be coming up tomorrow because I have the hairdresser coming to do everyone’s hair. I gave to get all my hair cut off again because it started to fall out again. I was hoping I could let it grow a little. Oh well
      We are getting a huge storm this week. A Nor’easter. Those are bad We are in for about 10 inches. Hoping the report will change
      Thanks for the compliments on the short ribs. They are so easy to make in the crock pot
      I am sorry about your leg I hope the pt helps. It us awful when we hurt ourselves at this age. Things dont heal so well
      I will be praying for your leg
      Adele

• adele shanbar
      Participant

Hey Gailster
      No. Amanda us still here. She is just hardly here. She maybe formed three nights a week here. The rest of the time she us at her boyfriends
      Please read the other posts got all the news of the day. Lol
      We are getting a huge storm on Tuesday. I hope they change the forecast. Lol
      I did a simple dinner tonight. Hamburgers. Lol
      I as m glad you like the new washer. Best of luck with it!!
      Have a good night!!
      Adele

• Colleen
      Participant

Hi Gail,
      We hear from our cousins when one of them dies. Well we did when my mom was still living but we have not heard from any of them since mom’s funeral. It is not a great time to get together then. The one cousin that called me when something happened has died so that took care of that.
      Brook does work at Wal- Mart. They have had her working all over the store. She really likes it and they give her a better schedule there then they did at Kentucky fired. We do not buy chicken from there anymore because of some of the things that go on there. It is nothing about the food it is the people that work there. Kylie just lost her job because she could never find a ride. Instead of calling and setting up here rides for the week she would call right before she had to be there. We tried to tell her to get her license and a car and she would not have to worry about depending on other people. She would not listen and she asked for a ride when no one was able to take her and they let her go. Ethan is in High School he is a freshman. He does not like taking classes on the computer but Melissa will not put him in school here. She wants to wait until she finds a permanent place to live.
      Your new washer sounds really nice. Those things are heavy. I really like the front load a lot better then the top load. I hope you really like your new machine.
      Well that is all from here Have a great night and stay safe
      Colleen

• Colleen
      Participant

Hi Adele,
      That is really nice that you can get the hair dresser to come to your house. Who all gets there home done when she comes? It is really nice for Tillie she does not have to get out of the house in this cold weather.
      That is a lot of snow. I hope that they are wrong or if it has to snow I hope that it is not that much. That is too much snow for anyone. It makes our 2 inches look like nothing. They had our roads cleared off this time so we did not have to worry about going anywhere. Usually our road is one of the last roads to be cleared.
      I know what you mean. By now my leg should be fine and I should be getting around really well. I hope that they can help me get my balance back so I can walk up and down steps that do not have a railing. It really gets tiring to have to be so careful every where I go.
      Well that is about all from here. Have a great day and stay safe.
      Colleen

• adele shanbar
      Participant

Hi Colleen
      I’m sorry about Kylie snd your grandson. It took Steph a long time to get her license and when she finally did it was such a relief
      They are still drying we’re getting blasted with snow on Tuesday. God help us all!! Lol
      Tillie me snd Gary are getting our hair cut. JJ needs a curved but does not want her to cut it. I don’t really want him to go to a barber to get it done. It would be safer here
      It is freezing up here. Wind chill is below zero
      Hope your weather is better. At least the sun is shining. Lol
      Adele

• Anonymous
      Inactive

Gail the dog & the fawn are so cute. Animals are so loving.

We are getting the snowstorm too. Sunday & Monday. They don’t know how much yet but are saying over 6 inches. All I can say is that it is a bit warmer. It has been teens at night & 20’ss during the day with wind chills much lower. Today we are at 34 & still a breeze but not the strong wind. I don’t need anything so I will just stay in when it snows. If it is deep the neighbors will shovel for me. I hate that they won’t let me pay them so I cook & share. I am making vegetable soup tomorrow so I can share that.

Sounds like all the states must be having trouble getting the vaccine. I will wait too as I don’t want to go in bad weather & don’t want a long wait. I have heard that people have had a good results at our hospital things move fast & they are treated well. So I will probably go there when they get more vaccine. I am not driving a long way either. I have heard of people going to other states. I just would rather go before it is open to all as I expect long lines at that point.

• Anonymous
      Inactive

Now the news said 12 to 14 inches of snow. I am going to hide under the covers because it keeps going up all the time. Gonna be a bear & Hibernate.

• Colleen
      Participant

Hi Adele,
      The place where Kylie worked called her back later that evening and told her that they want her to come back. I guess they were upset because they had other call outs that day. So I guess they were upset that she could not come in.
      It will be nice to if JJ will get his hair cut but he is a boy and they always give you trouble. My grandsons are like that and they drive me crazy. They also like to make stupid comments and drive me crazy.
      Our snow is all gone. We have had rain all day and now the snow is gone. So we are getting the rain and you are getting the snow. I am not sure what is worse. Our yard is full of mud puddles. I really hope that this dries up quickly we do not need all that mud. It is cold here but not any where near how cold it is there. This crazy weather.
      Colleen

• adele shanbar
      Participant

Hi Sue
      Up here you can get the shot at Fenway Park or Gillette Stadium. They arranged for people to take pictures at Fenway through a window where the diamond is. Sounds cool. But , nobody I know could park, walk in either place and stand in line for hours. Lol. It is cool to do if you are younger taking the family to get a shot as something to do during the pandemic
      I think I want to wait for the Johnson snd Johnson one cause it will be available at your doctors office
      I hope you are not get blasted today. We are getting it starting tomorrow afternoon. I may make soup too. Makes the house smell cozy in a storm
      Hope you are ok and you do not get too much snow, or lose your electricity
      Adele.

• adele shanbar
      Participant

Holy crap Sue!!!
      That’s a lot of snow. I hope they are wrong

Colleen
      That’s odd that you got rain out of this storm. You are usually colder than us
      So, did Kylie get her job back? Did she want it back , or does she want to ho somewhere else where she would be treated better? That is awful how she was treated
      I hope the mud has dried up so the kids can play outside and run some steam off
      Oh yes, boys say some goofy things. Have you noticed they are like bulls in a China shop? Everything they do is noisy and loud. They can walk into a room and make a racket. Lol
      Hope your day is going well. I’m watching ITKWD
      JJ did not get his hair cut. I may have got mine cut a tad bit too much. It is shorter than last time. Had it done that way because my hair started falling out again
      Have a good day!
      Adele

• Colleen
      Participant

Hi Adele,
      It was strange we got the rain and all of you got the snow. It was warm here for awhile and now it is cooling down again. There is not elling what is caused the rain except it got a little warmer here. Now it is cooling down and we will either get snow or freezing rain. We never know for sure what we are going to get. I may just pass us by altogether.
      Yes Kylie got her job back. They said that they made a mistake. They cannot keep help right now so they did make a mistake. I just wish that she would get her license and a car and take herself to work. Then she would be able to take her self and not depend on others.
      It is hard to judge how short that you should get your hair cut. I am losing my hair also and if she cuts it too short it will not cover my bald spot. It is just not fair that we get chin hairs and we are losing the hair on our scalp. I wish that there was a way to stop it.
      Boys can say some really dumb things but then he can be so caring. It is hard to figure boys out.
      Colleen

• Gail Norusis
      Participant

I’m starting a new February discussion page. See you all there.

• adele shanbar
      Participant

Hey Colleen
      I use a great product for hair loss. I use the shampoo and conditioner snd treatment. And it goes work. I’m about a month you see the hair stop falling out snd grow back. The name is Nioxin system 3
      I hope Kylie will get her license. It was so hard when Steph did not have hers
      We got blasted with snow and then it changed to rain. It is a mess out there. If this freezes it will be a disasters. Bobby did the snow blowing at 6 am before he went to work. I felt so bad for him out there. I am lucky to have him
      Joe you gave a good day
      Adele

• adele shanbar
      Participant

Hey Colleen
      I use a great product for hair loss. I use the shampoo and conditioner snd treatment. And it goes work. I’m about a month you see the hair stop falling out snd grow back. The name is Nioxin system 3
      I hope Kylie will get her license. It was so hard when Steph did not have hers
      We got blasted with snow and then it changed to rain. It is a mess out there. If this freezes it will be a disasters. Bobby did the snow blowing at 6 am before he went to work. I felt so bad for him out there. I am lucky to have him
      Joe you gave a good day
      Adele

• Colleen
      Participant

Hi Adele,
      Where do you buy that shampoo? I do not think that I have seen it anywhere. I will try it if it works. Does it help with regrowth? I sure could use that also.
      They are saying we are supposed to get snow tomorrow. We will see if they are right this time. I hope that we do not get as a lot of rain again. We got enough of that last time. It is nice that you have Bobby there to help with shoveling the snow.
      Have a great day and sty safe.
      Colleen

• adele shanbar
      Participant

Hey Colleen
      I get it on Amazon. Yes it dies help with regrowth. Get the shampoo conditioner snd treatment. You need all three. In about a month you will see the hair start to grow in again. You want their System 3 line. If yours is real bad you may want to read is System 4 is needed
      I hope it works for you
      Adele

Viewing 130 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Share on Facebook
Facebook
Pin on Pinterest
Pinterest
Tweet about this on Twitter
Twitter
Email this to someone
email

Share this with a Smile
X Close
Watch QVC
top finds links QVC LIVE QVC PLUS QVC UK