This is a very “Christmassy” recipe for hot chocolate. The rest of the year we make our hot chocolate a bit differently, but at Christmas we go
all out! Even some of the adults will pass on coffee and go for the hot chocolate! INGREDIENTS:
• 12 oz. of milk (I make it really creamy with whole milk)
• 1 1/4 oz. of finely chopped white chocolate 1 oz. of crushed peppermint or spearmint candy canes
1. Pour milk into a saucepan and bring it to a simmer over medium heat.
2. Reduce heat to medium-low. Add the chocolate, half of the crushed candy canes and a pinch of salt.
3. Whisk until smooth and creamy, and then pour into a coffee mug. Sprinkle the rest of the crushed candy cane on top.