Pecan Pie Swirl Pound Cake Recipe
• Pecan Pie Swirl ingredients:
-1c. raw pecans, chopped
-3 tbsp butter
-3 tbsp honey
-1/2c brown sugar
-1/2 tsp vanilla
• Cake ingredients:
-2 sticks of butter, ( yes 2, this is not for anyone on a diet!), Room temp
-4 lg eggs, room temp
-2 tsp vanilla ( part maple extract works well too!)
1/4 c. milk
-2c. all purpose flour
-1 1/2 tsp baking powder
-1/4 tsp salt
• Preheat oven to 350. Oil 9×5 loaf pan with cooking spray. I always line the bottom with a rectangle of wax paper or parchment. Saves tears later…
• Cream butter/ sugar and one egg until light and fluffy. Add other 3 eggs one at a time until incorporated.
• Stir flour/ baking powder and salt together in a separate bowl. Stir flour mix into butter mixture alternating with flavoring and milk. Mix just until all incorporated.
• Spread half of the batter in the bottom of the loaf pan. Reserve the remaining batter…
Pecan Swirl Prep:
• Melt butter with the Pecans on medium heat in a sauce pan. Stir about a minute to lightly toast.
• Add the brown sugar and honey to the nuts in the sauce pan. Stir on medium about another minute. Sugar should be dissolved. Add vanilla.
• Spread half of the pecan swirl on top of the waiting batter in the loaf pan. Add the remaining batter to the loaf pan. Spread the remaining Pecan swirl on top of that batter. Take a kitchen knife and run it through all the batter and swirl layers to create the swirl. Not an exacting process, have fun!
• Check after 45-50 mins with a cake tester. Should come out clean. Maybe 10 more mins if it is not done! Cool 10 mins and unmold. Share it around!