Freeze dried fruit makes these wonderfully flavorful. I am really enjoying trying all different types of freeze dried Fruits in many recipes.
• 2 c. All Purpose Flour
• 1 c. Almond Flour
• 1/4 tsp. salt
• 3/4 tsp. Backing Soda
• 1/4 tsp Baking powder
• 1 3/4c. Sugar
• 1 c. Freeze Dried Peaches
• 1 c. Butter Softened
• 1 large Egg
• 1 Large Egg Yolk
• 1 1/2 tsp. Vanilla
• ½ tsp. Peach Extract or ¼ tsp Almond Extract
• 1/2 c. Sliced Almonds
• Preheat oven to 350.
• Mix the first 5, Dry ingredients in a bowl and set aside.
• In a food processor or blender add the Freeze Dried Peaches and 1 c. of the sugar. Process until a fine powder. Add the remaining sugar and pulse to mix. Reserve about 2 ½ Tbsp of the Sugar/ Peach mix in a bowl. ( to dip cookies in before baking.)
• Beat butter, the peach/ sugar mix and one egg until fluffy. Add the second egg and extracts until blended.
• On low beat in Flour mix until just incorporated.
• Scoop 1 Tbsp ball of dough. Dip one side in the reserved 2 ½ Tbsp of Peach/Sugar. Place (sugar side up) on parchment lined baking sheet. Press down lightly to make a coin shape. Sprinkle with a few almonds. Repeat , spacing about 1” apart.
• Bake 10-12 mins until lightly browned on edges. Cool and Eat.
“Angel gave me a Beautiful Set of Spring Floral Plates. See the Lily plate here, it inspired these Taste of Spring Cookies!! Thanks, Angel!!!”