Dad’s Favorite Blueberry Cake Recipe
• 3/4 c. Brown Sugar (dark or light)
• 6 Tbsp. Cold Butter, cubed
• 3/4 c. All-purpose Flour
• 3/4 tsp. Cinnamon
• Combine all the above ingredients in a bowl or in a food processer. Blend or process until the butter is evenly distributed. No need to be exacting.
(Preheat Oven 350)
• 2 ½ c. All-purpose Flour
• 1 c. Granulated Sugar
• 1 ½ tsp. Baking Powder
• 1/2 tsp. Allspice
• 1 tsp. Orange Zest
• 10 Tbsp. Salted, Cold Butter, cubed
• 2 Lg Eggs
• 1 ¼ c. Whole Milk
• 1 tsp. Vanilla
• 1 tsp. Blueberry Extract ( if you have it)
• 1 Quart Blueberries, washed and thoroughly dry
• Grease a 13×9 baking pan.
• Sift the Dry Ingredients together to blend in a large bowl. Add in Zest.
• Cut cubed butter into the dry ingredients.
• In a small bowl, beat the eggs, milk, and extracts together, until well combined.
• Pour the wet ingredients into the dry. Mix just until combined. Think Muffin preparation.
• Pour into greased pan.
• Sprinkle, evenly the blueberries on top of batter. Then Sprinkle evenly the streusel on top of the berries.
• Bake for 50 mins. I check at 40 mins with a cake tester. Bake just until set.
• Cool thoroughly
Cut, vanilla ice cream on top. Dad loves it that way. Enjoy, from Us 🙂
Recipe by John Shrader (Designer)