Apple Dumpling Pie2022-05-10T09:55:12-04:00

Home Forums Recipes Apple Dumpling Pie

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • Author
      Keymaster

Apple Dumpling Pie Recipe

Ingredients

Pie:

• 1 Double Crust Pie Crust for 9-inch standard pie homemade or store bought
      • 7-8 Granny Smith Apples
      • 1 tablespoon lemon juice
      • 4 tablespoons unsalted butter
      • 1/8 teaspoon salt
      • 1/3 cup granulated sugar
      • 1/3 cup light brown sugar
      • 1/4 cup flour
      • 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
      • 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg

Optional for Filling:

• 1/3 cup raisins
      • 1/3 cup chopped nuts (pecans walnuts)

Optional for Topping Pie:

• 1 egg
      • 2 tablespoons milk half and half or cream
      • 1 tablespoon coarse sugar I used coarse sanding sugar

Directions

• Preheat oven to 400 degrees. (I used my KitchenAid Countertop Convection oven with 1 oven rack in the lowest position.)
      • Mix together the butter, salt, sugars, flour, cinnamon and nutmeg. (I used the KitchenAid 3.5 cup Chopper for this.)
      • Peel and Core apples (or alternately use KitchenAid Spiralizer to Peel, Core and Slice but still keep whole.)
      • Place the whole apples in a bowl or on a platter and drizzle with lemon juice to help keep from browning.
      • Fit the bottom crust in pie plate and arrange apples in bottom crust and fill the sugar mixture in and around the apples. If adding raisins and nuts, sprinkle these in and around the apples as well.
      • Place on the top crust, trim excess (if necessary) and crimp the edges. Cut a few small slits to release steam while baking.
      • If desired, whisk together egg and milk to make an egg wash. Brush this on top crust and sprinkle with coarse sugar. I placed my pie on a 12” flat pizza pan to catch any drips.
      • Bake at 400 degrees F. for 40-45 minutes. Rotate once or twice throughout the baking process. If crust starts to brown too much, cover loosely with foil. Let cool until just warm before cutting.

(This recipe was acquired from epicuricloud.com)

Attachments:
Viewing 0 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Share on Facebook
Facebook
Pin on Pinterest
Pinterest
Tweet about this on Twitter
Twitter
Email this to someone
email

Share this with a Smile
X Close
Watch QVC
top finds links QVC LIVE QVC PLUS QVC UK