Quacker Talk-October 20202020-10-01T10:10:01-04:00

Home Forums General Quacker Chatter Quacker Talk-October 2020

Viewing 105 reply threads
  • Author
      Participant

Hi Everyone,
      DD,
      I don’t think there is a big shortage of chicken breasts here. It’s just hard to find ones with skin on as stores just don’t carry them.
      Gosh, I used to do Cornish hens a lot but haven’t done them in ages. Maybe I will do some in the future just for the two of us.
      Your decorations are very pretty. I like the autumn florals. I like to add lights to things too. It lights up the evenings when the sun goes down earlier.
      You know I think Barbara’s son Neal moved back to northern California but she never really said the town. It’s sad to think we won’t have updates on her sons and grandson anymore. I sure do miss her posts.
      Colleen, we have a lot of deer here too. Once hunting season starts we don’t see them as often. Just like the turkeys.
      That was an odd Masked Singer last night. Mickey Rourke just decided he was done with the show and the costume. lol That’s the first time i ever saw someone not waiting to be voted off-but he is a different kind of guy. I think one of these times it really should be Donny Wahlberg-that would be funny for Jenny-especially if she didn’t guess him. Plus we think they should bring on Bjork for Ken since he always guesses her. lol
      Did anyone see the moon last night. it was full and there were clouds in the sky and it looked just like the moon in the werewolf movies.
      Adele, what good things are cooking at your house tonight. I’m having Greg do a beer butt chicken on the grill tonight.
      Last night we streamed the Righteous Brother’s tribute concert from our local concert venue. those guys were really good. It can be hit or miss as some groups are better than others but since this year because of Covid the free streaming comes with our membership it’s a win win.
      Oh, I found out Brent hasn’t moved yet as he is still training his replacement. i reminded him he is going to need cold weather clothes again. he says he still has some but he will have to get some for his girlfriend and her son. One thing it won’t be as bad for the son to change schools as he is online now in New Mexico. His girlfriend had lost her job because of covid so maybe when they move she can find a new one.
      Gail

Attachments:
    • Anonymous
      Inactive

Love the dressed up doggies. I would buy them some treats.
      I looked for the moon as I knew it was full moon but it was hiding could not see it.

• Colleen
      Participant

Hi Gail,
      That was a strange Masked singer last night. From what I understood he was getting too hot in that costume. He always has been a rebel or at least played one in most things that I have seen him in. Well at least the others get another chance. I really enjoy that show which I guess a lot of people do. It is just a lot of fun.
      I do still think about Barbara and her family. I miss all of her stories about her family. Poor little Colin is going to miss out on a lot with her not being there. I hope that his dad will tell a lot about her and how much she loved him.
      That was a cute idea making a skeleton out of veggies. Some people can come up with some really cute ideas. I would have never thought of doing that. The pictures of the dogs in costume are really cute also.
      It might be awhile before Brent moves. I hope that he likes it there. It is nice that his girlfriend and son will be going also. At least he will not be alone. My nephew and his family left New Mexico and move to the state of Washington. They moved closer to the Canadian border.
      I cannot believe that it is October already. Time just seems to be flying by this year. We have3 had a lot of things go out this year. Our hot water heater went out today sow we had to replace it. Ron found one and installed it today. We had to go without water all day while he installed it. That is horrible when we do not have water. It is done now and we have a lot of hot water again.
      Well that is about all from here. Have a great night and stay safe.
      Colleen

• Gail Norusis
      Participant

Hi Adele,
      That is interesting that your Mom did that with the noodles too. I haven’t made it in years either-Greg didn’t really like it but now I have a taste for it. However, no noodles and can’t run to the store and pick some up so I will put them on the list for our next grocery pickup. The pandemic has changed the way we cook for sure. We definitely have to plan ahead and try to keep a stocked pantry.
      The back ribs look delish! Last night we had beer butt chicken on the grill. It was so good. We hadn’t had that all summer and we usually do it a few times a summer. Let’s face it. This has been a weird year.
      Woke up to the news about the Trumps. Once again this has been a weird year.
      Last night we covered what is left in the veggie garden-mostly peppers, a few tomatoes because of the possibility of frost. It didn’t frost but it was close at 34 degrees.
      Gail

Attachments:
    • Gail Norusis
      Participant

Hi Sue,
      Maybe this year the dogs can trick or treat for the kids. lol Somewhere i have a picture of our Rocky in a spider costume. Jenny had bought it for Belle but it was too big so we put it on Rocky and of course he didn’t like it. I remember when he and Belle got older I got them sweaters. Belle who i thought wouldn’t wear it because she was sort of squirrelly loved it and would even keep it on in the house on the days when the temps were frigid-Rocky who was layed back and i thought wouldn’t mind hated it and when I put the sweater on he wouldn’t move-he would just stand there perfectly stiff-so instead i had to resort to covering him with an afgan when he layed down in his bed to keep him warm. I also had one of those electric heaters that i would run next to his bed if he got a chill. He had a hard time regulating is temperature when he got older.
      I’m sorry you missed the moon. It really did have the look of one from a spooky movie.
      Gail

Attachments:
    • Gail Norusis
      Participant

Hi Colleen,
      I am always fascinated by the ideas people have of making food look like other things. I guess no one ever told those people not to play with their food. lol
      I hope Brent likes Colorado too. I think he will. I don’t know if Tynesha and her son have always lived in NM. If so they might have an adjustment to make. Her son might enjoy playing in the snow. What if he has never gone sledding before. That would be fun taking him for the first time.
      How does your nephew like Washington as compared to NM. He would definitely have gone from a dry climate to a wet one.
      I think the time seems like it flew by as we kind of missed summer since we didn’t get to do any of the things that we normally would do.
      Usually this time of year we would be planning our trip to see Brent. Hopefully next year we can do all our normal stuff again.
      Isn’t it weird when the water is out how you go to automatically turn on the faucet? That always happens to me.
      Gail

Attachments:
    • Gail Norusis
      Participant

Hey Adele,
      Everything looks extra spooky in black and white. Is that picture from your security camera?
      We did have a frost last night and had already uncovered the vegetable patch from last week but it didn’t seem to affect the garden. Right now there are just a few scrawny tomatoes left and some peppers.
      We didn’t do anything this weekend. No concerts to watch.
      I did make a nice meal last night of ham, cauliflower, and sweet potatoes.
      We have been trying to go out and pick food up on the weekends lately. At least getting into the car and driving to the restaurant makes us feel like we are going out for the evening. it’s the best substitute that we have right now.
      Right now Greg is exercising by walking up and down the stairs and singing a song that he is making up about Trump. The last line I heard was something about Trump and Dump. lol Did anyone watch the new SNL Saturday night. I saw the first part of it before I fell asleep on the couch. lol
      That’s usually how a night of TV viewing ends for me.
      Well now both the White Sox and the Cubs are out of the baseball playoffs and the Bears sucked yesterday.
      Adele, you guys had your game postponed because Cam Newton got Covid-I hope everyone else on the team will be well.
      I am glad they are keeping the stadiums empty for the most part and hope they continue to do so. You see what a mess that was for the colleges when they let students in.
      The more i see the more I think this whole year will be a virtual school year for our students locally. They are supposed to reassess at the end of the semester which coincides with winter break.
      I hate to say i still have not taken out any decorations. If i don’t do so this week I may as well forget it-although most of my things are fall themed rather than specifically Halloween-although some are. I have just been incredibly lazy lately. I want to decorate-I am just not at all motivated. lol And of course Greg could care less. Hopefully I can talk myself into putting up a few things. I know it makes me happy when all is done and i see the pretty lights glowing. I have been wearing my Quacker Halloween shirts since the first of the month though so I am not a complete Grinch. lol
      Adele, did that remote control timer work for your pumpkin? I hope so.
      Wonder who will get kicked off DWTS tonight? I also wonder if Tyra will make it beyond this season as a host. That was a big misstep to get rid of Tom. They already have enough divas on the show with some of the contestants. I am really liking the young woman who is a comedian. i was not very familiar with her although she did look familiar to me as if maybe i once watched a show that she was on. She is very joyful and enthusiastic-plus i think she is originally from Chicago.
      Gail

Attachments:
    • Colleen
      Participant

Hi Gail,
      They seem to have fun playing with their food. They also did a good job of it. lol I do not have the imagination that these people have. Wish that I did the kids would find food more interesting.
      He really likes Washington and being so close to Canada. He is a snow skier and he has taken his boys and taught them how to ski. His wife will not ski she is from Peru and they do not ski there. lol I am not sure if she likes to swim or not.
      I did try to turn the faucet on a couple of times. It does make you feel dumb that you forget. It is funny our water is so hot you can hardly put your hand in the water .It seems funny because we have not had to worry about that for a long time. I guess that we did not realize that it was going out until it did. We had to rush thru our showers if we did not want have cold water.
      We had frost here this morning and now our temps are supposed to get higher again. It is really hard to get use to the weather going up and down again. You do not know if you should turn the heat or leave the air conditioning on. It will be nice when the weather stays cold for the rest of the year.
      Well that is all from here. Have a great night and stay safe.
      Colleen

• Gail Norusis
      Participant

Hi Colleen,
      I used to like to do that kind of stuff with food when the kids were younger. You can get cookbooks with ideas of what to do.
      Now I just slap the food on the table for the two of us. lol Greg says with the pandemic and being in lock down we are now like dogs and the high point of our day is meal time. lol
      Last night I made stuffed peppers with peppers from the garden. i do enjoy having those. When we go to Costco I always buy a couple of the containers of the ones they make there and freeze them.
      It’s funny how something like the hot water heater not working well happens so gradually that you don’t really notice it until it’s fixed and you realize how it should have been.
      I know what you mean about the weather going back and forth at this time of year. Going from heat to AC and back again. I do like the Indian summer days though with the warm days and cool nights. And I appreciate them because i know pretty soon both the days and nights will not only be cool but cold.
      Greg has been busy cutting and splitting wood so I know lots of fires in the fireplace are in store for this winter with him being home all the time now.
      What did you think of DWTS last night? Don’t any of the people producing that show watch it back. The audience sounds are so loud you can’t hear Tyra talk. You would think with as sophisticated as our electronics are now someone would notice this. Also I wonder if she messed up last night or was it the people behind the scenes. Before they even noticed I was saying why are there still three couples on the floor-it should be just two. And then telling Val he was safe and dragging him and his partner back out. Plus did you notice the dress that she changed into half way through the show. It was like she was wearing her grandmother’s corset outside her clothes while balancing two baskets of apples on her hips. Not a pretty look and I usually don’t like to criticize other women’s appearance but geez doesn’t she look in the mirror before going onstage? I know I’m being catty and I apologize.
      Be safe, be healthy-hug the baby.
      Gail

Attachments:
    • Colleen
      Participant

Hi Gail,
      I do not put it on the table anymore we just get it right out of the pans. I know that sounds really lazy but with the two of us it seems like just extra dishes to wash.
      I did not see any peppers frozen. I had no idea that they had them. I have to go to Costco Thursday. Danyielle will go with me and Aliza. She wants to go and look at the Christmas decorations. We always go and look and she helps me find a new Santa. They have one with Santa sitting in a big chair. It looks like the kids could sit in his lap. Would like to have it but too big to put in the house. I do not think that it will go outside but will have to look at it. In the picture it looks like it was made out of cloth.
      Sounds like he might be cutting enough for next winter also. There are times that I wish that we had a fire place but we don’t. It is too late to put one in but we have gone this long without one we will survive it. We always had a fireplace when we were kids and when mom and dad moved into the country they had a fireplace in there family room upstairs and one in the room in the basement. They were really nice.
      I kid of wonder about the mistake that was made at the end. She kept going on about how it was live tv and mistakes are made. When she kept saying that about it being a live show I figure it was her mistake. I guess that I just do not like Tyra as a host for that show. Maybe she would be better at something else but this is not what she is good at. She seems like she is trying to out dress the contestants and she is doin g a bad job. I do not think that you are being catty is just true about the way she dresses.
      Well that is all from here. Have a great night and stay safe.
      Colleen

• Dianne Danielson
      Participant

Hi Ladies,
      Has everyone recovered from you-know-who’s fake news hospitalization? I’m being sarcastic, since he calls everything fake news. I hope to God people will finally see him for the idiot, clown, liar, self absorbed, moron that he really is. He’s a danger to everyone around him!! I wonder just how many people he’s infected with covid over the past few days? So far I’ve heard about 19 have tested positive & counting. And now the generals & the military big wigs are in isolation due to exposure. It’s getting worse & worse. Do you think he’ll take responsibility? NOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!! He’s getting all kinds of backlash about saying don’t be afraid of it. Tell that to the families of the 210,000+ that have died of it!!. .
      I hope he ends up on life support before long. Maybe that will shut him up. I hope by this time next month we’ll have a new president elect.
      How’s the weather where you are? It’s been foggy/cloudy in the morning then sunny from about noon on all afternoon. I think we’re in for some more rain over the weekend. Hopefully a good soaker.
      I know I’ll get some backlash when I tell ya what I’m planning on doing. I plan to start getting my Christmas things out & maybe start putting stuff out next month. take down the Halloween stuff, maybe leave some fall leaves out. I don’t have alot of Thanksgiving decor anyway. Maybe it’ll lift my spirits, I’m tired of all this. Like the rest of the country & world.
      Well I guess that’s all for tonight.
      take care & stay safe.
      dd

Attachments:
    • Gail Norusis
      Participant

Hi Colleen,
      Masked Singer tonight! yahoo! I figure maybe they got a lot of people this season that they wouldn’t ordinarily be able to get because of the pandemic some of the singers can’t tour and stuff. Just a thought.
      It’s funny that you said that. Sometimes now for just the two of us i will just take the whole pan and put it on the table like if it would be chili or sloppy joes or something like that. I figure the same thing. Why dirty the extra dishes for just the two of us. My mother is probably rolling over in her grave.
      Costco doesn’t have frozen stuffed peppers. I buy the ones that they have in the section with the premade fresh food like the pot pies and the enchiladas. They come in a container with six peppers. I usually buy two containers and split them up into three containers of four peppers and freeze them.
      I like to look at the Christmas decor at Costco too. I think I need a new tree for my living room window this year. I think the one we had is just shedding too many needles. Greg thinks it’s okay but i think it’s excessive so I’m pretty sure I will want a new one.
      We need to go to Costco next month because we have to cash in our checks before the year is up. We both have Costco credit cards that we get money back from. Greg won’t get as much this year as he has not used his as much for gas from travelling back and forth to work.
      You could always put in a woodburning stove which would be similar to a fireplace and has the added benefit of actually providing heat. We have a fireplace in the basement too which never gets used as no one is down there anymore. That one is a gas fireplace which is more for show than anything else.
      Gail

Attachments:
    • Gail Norusis
      Participant

Hi DD,
      I like the beautiful fall pictures.
      We are having a week of Indian Summer which I always enjoy.
      We read that Trump says he feels 20 years younger. Unfortunately that’s probably the steroids talking. If anyone has ever taken steroids they do make you feel better faster but there are always some big side effects. Mood swings-impaired judgement to name a few. Not something you want your president suffering from.
      I know Joe Biden doesn’t want to debate him on the 15th if he is still positive and I’m afraid if he is that he will lie and say he isn’t and do the debate anyway.
      The thing that i just cannot forgive him for is not having any empathy for the families who have lost loved ones to this disease. Any other president would say how sorry he is for their losses and he has said nothing. Like those people never existed and their lives don’t matter.
      I have heard other people saying they will start decorating for Christmas early too so you are not alone in your desire to do something to brighten your life.
      Gail

Attachments:
    • Colleen
      Participant

Hi Gail,
      The masked singer was really good last night. I would never have guessed Austin Greene was the giraffe. I did not know he could sing or rap. It was funny when Robin found out who it was and that they were friends since they were kids. It is funny that you can’t figure out that a person that you have known that long. It is a lot harder then it looks.
      We went to Costco today and got the things that we needed. The chair with Santa is a lot smaller then I thought. Aliza really liked it until Ron said we do not have room for it. Then she said she did not like it we don’t have room. She is so funny. They had a lot of cute Christmas decorations and some really big ones. They have a nutcracker and a snowman that you put outside. We gave Aliza a nutcracker but she said that it broke. She doesn’t know how though. They did not have as many of the big things like they usually do though. We may have to see if they have more sooner to Christmas. They did not have as many fall decorations like they use to.
      It is nice to have the two fire places. They also so had a wood cooking stove so if the electric went out mom could still cook. She use to make a big pot of soup on it and it always tasted really good. I think cooking on that wood stove made a difference. It might have just been in my head but it was good.
      Well that is about all from here. Thanks for posting the memes they are so funny. Have a good night and stay safe.
      Colleen

• adele shanbar
      Participant

Hey……
      Im in. LOl
      Adele

• adele shanbar
      Participant

checking the box

• Dianne Danielson
      Participant

Hi Ladies,
      It’s a beautiful day here, sunny & warm, but that’s about to end. A storm is on the way & it’s gonna
      be a soggy weekend, & into next week.. It’s looking more like October. It’s one of the wettest months o
      of the yr, but so far we haven’t had any rain. the best thing is it clears out the smoke that’s coming up
      from Ca. It hasn’t been as bad as it was last month. Some areas of the state get more than we do.
      Well, did anyone watch the debates this week? How many of you got a big hoot when the fly landed on
      VPs head?? He stole the show in my book. You know what happens when a fly lands don’t ya? He leaves a calling card, if ya get my meaning.
      I can’t believe what’s coming out of the white house this week. He’s having another rally or something Sat. to a large crowd of supporters. Last time I heard nearly 40 people connected to the white house have now tested positive for the virus, & he doesn’t seem to care how many people he infects.
      Maybe we’ll get lucky & he’ll keel over during one of these rallies ending up on life support.
      Gail those memes are hilarious. Thanks for the laughs, we need all we can get.
      well, I guess that’s all for now.
      Have a wonderful weekend.
      take care & stay safe.
      dd

Attachments:
    • Anonymous
      Inactive

We are getting rain from Delta coming up from La. Sunday night & Monday but we need the rain. It has been cold here especially mornings. But yipee it got to 71 today. I think we will need heat all the time soon.

I saw the debate & the fly stole the show. On Facebook there was a photo of Ruth Bader Ginsburg & her saying I sent the fly.

Trump is nuts & no he does not care at all. He is saying there is a cure in that stuff he got. It has not even been proven safe & even if it was normal people could not afford it. He plans on traveling a different place everyday. Guess he really wants to spread it around. I really do not think he looks good at all. He looks sick to me.

I am surprised no one here has mentioned the recent deaths in the entertainment World. Mac Davis, Helen Reddy & Eddie Van Halen. Very sad. Doesn’t much matter what kind of music you like these 3 covered a lot of different genres.

• adele shanbar
      Participant

Hi Sue
      I feel the same way. He should be arrested for attempted murder. I want to know how many people died after his ridiculous events. You could definitely make a case for manslaughter.
      I saw his son on a show this am. He was rambling about lies just like his father. The entire family is nuts They are dangerous and only cared bout themselves. They do not care who they get sick
      It’s chilly up here too
      I’m baking chicken and roasting veggies Tried Something different. Did the chicken with potatoes and sun dried tomatoes with some butter and lots of garlic. Salt and pepper I’ll see how it comes out. Chicken has skin and bone fit more flavor
      I’ll take a pic
      Attaching ornaments I did Fri dinner…. I was cutting Tillies meat in my dish for her. Lol. That’s my crock pot chuck roast
      Hope you are good. Stay cozy!!
      Adele

Attachments:
    • adele shanbar
      Participant

Hey DD
      Love the memes and pics.
      Please read my post to Sue for how I feel about #45 the germ spreading piece of work
      I heard about Van Halen dying. But not the other two!!
      We are supposed to get some rain. We need it bad. We’re in a drought
      Saw ITKWD. Big very interesting today
      Hope you have a good night
      Adele

• adele shanbar
      Participant

Hey girls
      Here’s tonight’s dinner. Lol
      Adele

Attachments:
    • Gail Norusis
      Participant

Hi Adele,
      I love those little zip stockings. They are so cute.
      The dinners are looking good. Yum! Do you do a lot of roasted vegetables? Did this last one have cauliflower in it? Do you just cut them and roast with salt and pepper and oil? How long does that normally take?
      Well Greg and I sent off our ballots today. This is the first time we have voted by mail. I am sad though because now i don’t have my little sticker that says “I Voted.” lol I will have to get myself one. lol
      Gail

Attachments:
    • Anonymous
      Inactive

Gail I mailed my ballot back today also. Now I will watch to see that they received it. They sent an e-mail when they mailed them out. They have on their website where you can check the status & see if it was received & the date.
      Does the supreme court nominee’s voice bother anyone else? It is like nails on a chalkboard to me. I don’t know how anyone would take her seriously.
      I stocked up on groceries again. I bought a riced cauliflower with broccoli & cheese. It was not bad but I thought it could use a little salt & pepper. It did not have any seasoning.

• Gail Norusis
      Participant

Hi Colleen,
      Yes that was interesting that Robin didn’t recognize his neighbor. I think once someone was on who was on TV or in a movie with Ken and he didn’t recognize them either. It is hard and i don’t know all the people that the panel does either. Sometimes they name someone that i have never even heard of.
      Aliza is so funny-Grandpa says we don’t have space for the Santa so she agrees. lol
      Maybe they will have more of the big things when it is closer to Christmas.
      I think we will go sometime next month.
      We did get to see jenny and the kids outside for a couple hours on Sunday. That will probably be the last time until spring when it gets warm again.
      Just thinking about the Holidays and not seeing anyone this year already makes me want to cry.
      Jenny asked me what we wanted to do and I said I guess we will have to stay home-so she will will probably make plates for us and drop them off. I could cook for us too but why bother when we can’t get together with everyone. I love Thanksgiving too as we usually visit and play games and stuff after dinner. It’s always a fun day. And more relaxed than Christmas i think.
      I actually thought Tyra wasn’t quite as irritating last night on DWTS. Maybe I am just learning to kind of tune her out. I know a lot of people won’t watch with her on but to me that’s kind of like throwing the baby out with the bath water. I watch it for the dancers not the host anyway so I just don’t pay that much attention to her anymore. Plus that fake crowd noise is turned up so loud you can’t hear her half the time anyway.
      Gail

Attachments:
    • Gail Norusis
      Participant

Hi Sue,
      We didn’t get a way to track the ballot here. I will have to look into that. Greg actually took them to the post office as we don’t trust our mailman. lol he’s not the most conscientious guy.
      I haven’t listened to any of the supreme court hearings. I will have to listen to hear her voice.
      The cauliflower and broccoli and cheese sound good. I know they do a lot with the riced cauliflower now. I just like cauliflower the way it is in it’s natural state. Greg always said when he was a kid he never would have thought that he would be eating asparagus and cauliflower and liking it. We are still not big on broccoli. I actually like it better raw with dip.
      I just saw where Conchata Farrell died-i probably messed up the spelling. She was on a lot of things over the years.
      It feels good to go to the store and get stocked up doesn’t it. Then you know you have food to eat and don’t have to do that chore again for a bit.
      Gail

Attachments:
    • Gail Norusis
      Participant

Hi DD,
      The fall pictures are so pretty.
      I actually fell asleep on the couch during the VP debate so i missed the fly but i saw it the next day on the news.
      The debates don’t seem to mean a lot as it seems that both sides try to evade answering questions that they don’t want to answer.
      When i was young I always thought politicians were there to serve the people no matter what party you were. Now everything is so partisan that it makes me feel that many of the ideals that this country was founded on are lost.
      I wonder if Trump loses if he will go kicking and screaming. Gosh-I hope that he would at least leave with some dignity. I just hope he has to leave so we can try to starting fixing this country.
      WE are now going to be colder again after tomorrow so i think we have seen the last of our nice weather.
      It’s gong to be a long winter with being stuck inside for another 7 months or so.
      I hope at least it will be a light flu season. Greg went and got his flu shot today since i can’t get one at least i feel like him having one protects me somewhat. I think this is the first time he got what i call ” the old people dose.” lol
      Gail

Attachments:
    • Colleen
      Participant

Hi Gail,
      I hardly ever know the people that they unmask either. The only one that I have guessed right was Dion Warwick. Her voice is so easy to recognize. It is fun to watch though. I guess they will have the next group on there tomorrow night. They are all so good I would not want to have to pick the person that has to go home.
      Aliza is still Grandpa’s girl. She always agrees with him and when we go places or if he says anything. It is cute how she acts when she sees him coming. She is really cute when it comes to her brother. If we get candy or anything for her she has to have some for Owen. She is going to be good about sharing.
      Maybe you can figure out how to social distance in the house. If everyone sits away from each other and you have something to keep the air moving then you could get together. There has to be a way. You can look it up on the internet and see if they have any ideas.
      I just mute the tv when she starts talking. I think if it would help if Tyra would just stop talking as much as she does. She needs to give other people a chance to talk. I won’t stop watching the show I will just mute the tv and watch the dancers. This week was really good I liked all the music that they picked. Everybody was dressed really cute and I liked all the dances they did. This is another show I would not like being the judges and have to pick the one to go home. They all improved so much this week.
      Colleen

• adele shanbar
      Participant

Hey Gailster
      It does have cauliflower. Lol. I use salt and pepper and butter not oil. Gives it more flavor. I usually add either an onion or garlic for more flavor. Depending on what veggies I use. You bake it on convection roast if u have that feature on your oven at 375 and stir it a couple of times. Bake about an hour to carmelize them We all love roasted veggies here
      We mailed our ballots back yesterday. There is a site to track your ballot. My friend told me about it
      My back went nuts. Pain was awful last three days. I have had to take two Alleves twice yesterday. The dosage is half that. So I hope my belly won’t go nuts. My belly was not good before the back started. It’s ok today. I’m so tired of pain. It gets old and people here must be getting tired of my pain too
      So. Two nights ago. I was putting away a bowl of chili that Amanda made. Skipped out of my hands and fell upside down and the bowl opened. Chili everywhere. In the kitchen under the fridge in the hallway under the threshold. All over the wall. Bobby has to get up to help. He had to pull the fridge out. Everyone was yelling. I felt so useless. I ruined Amanda’s delicious chili. I cried a little. But then got hold of myself. Being old sucks. It is what it is as I say. Lol
      Check out the ornaments I found on Amazon. Also the weird animal near the bushes and coyote behind Bobby’s truck. Both pics from security camera
      Adele

Attachments:
    • adele shanbar
      Participant

Omg Sue
      I have been saying the same thing! Her voice is do whiny it hurts my ears
      We mailed our ballots too. Three more weeks to see what happens. I’ll be so glad when it’s over
      Please read the post to Gail for more info. Lol
      Hope you are good our weather is nice today
      Adele

• adele shanbar
      Participant

Hey Colleen DD and everyone
      Please read the post to Gail on the info of the day
      Glad we all sent in our ballots. I won’t go to sleep on election night until I am sur Biden will win. Lol
      Hoping the country can get back to being human.
      Hope your day is good!!!

• Gail Norusis
      Participant

Hi Colleen,
      Aliza is very kind hearted always thinking of Owen. How old is she now? Is Owen attending school in person or virtually. I think he and Kendall are close in age-she is in 7th grade this year. And I think Lachlan and Kaylee were born just months apart. Do you ever get the names Kylie and Kaylee mixed up. I am always scrambling up the names of the kids. We used to laugh at my Mom when she used to do that with us and now we do the same thing. lol
      We will have to see how good we are at guessing the singer tonight.
      Does anyone watch any of the Halloween baking contests. We have been watching Halloween Wars and Halloween Baking and Outrageous Pumpkins. it’s amazing what those people do with cakes and pumpkins.
      I think I could be a judge on DWTS i usually pick the same person that they do to leave. Also on The Voice and American idol we can usually pick who will go and who will stay.
      I didn’t think I would know any of the 80’s music that they danced to but I think i knew them all and of course Greg was in his chair singing along. lol I always say i missed all the music from the 80’s because i was busy with two little kids then.
      Gail

Attachments:
    • Anonymous
      Inactive

Adele you may not be sleeping for a long time if you stay awake to see who won. It probably won’t be known right away. Then if Trump loses he will contest it & probably want a recount. That is why he wants to get his supreme court pick in before so if they need to vote on the winner it is stacked in his favor. There are so many voting this year & a lot by mail. I do not know if it is every where but here they cannot start counting the ballots ahead of time. So even though we sent ours they won’t be counted until Nov. 3rd. I did the same as Gail & took it to the post office. I did not want it laying in the mailbox. I would have taken it to the courthouse but did not want to try the steps. I am sure they have a handicapped entrance but I did not want the hassle of going through metal detectors & all that.

• Gail Norusis
      Participant

Hi Adele,
      I love the quarantine ornament! Amazon, here I come. lol
      I can’t see the coyote or the weird animal.
      I hope your back is feeling better. That chronic pain can be so draining and depressing. I wish we knew when we were younger to appreciate our healthy bodies.
      I’m sorry about the chili and everyone yelling. We all have had accidents like that i am sure. I know I get mad at myself when i do something like that but we don’t mean to make a mess. it is just frustrating sometimes.
      It’s funny that we all filled out our ballots yesterday. i got mine before Greg got his because i signed up before him so i was waiting for him so we could pretend like we were voting together. lol
      I’m hoping and praying that we get a kinder country back. And maybe some national policies for fighting covid.
      This is what i think is unfair. Trump refuses a virtual debate but now instead he is getting a town hall on national TV and as far as i know Biden is not getting the equivalent.
      Gail

Attachments:
    • adele shanbar
      Participant

Hey Sue
      I think if the numbers are high enough on Biden winning all the mail ins will follow suit. That is my hope…… That he wins by so much, it won’t make a difference. Or the mail ins will trend the same way. A clear win for Biden. That’s what I am praying for. Lol
      Gary has already said I will be up alone. He is going to sleep. Lol
      Three more weeks!!!
      Hope you have a good night
      Adele

• adele shanbar
      Participant

Hey Gailster
      That is funny we all did our ballots yesterday. Great minds think alike!
      The coyote is on the left side of Bobby’s truck in back of it. The weirdo little animal is between the bushes and the three pumpkin decoration. He looks like a decoration. Lol
      So…… Bobby came home yesterday and says….. did we drop anything today?? I swore at him. Lol
      Amanda made an apple crisp. She is making a Bolognaise sauce now. So I got a break from cooking since my back is acting up.
      I’ll take a pic if it!
      Hope your night is good too!
      Adele

• Colleen
      Participant

Hi Gail,
      Aliza is 4 and she will turn 5 in January. I think that Kaylee and Lachlan are the same age. It is getting hard to remember how old the others are. If we keep getting more grand I will never remember. They are doing both at the school where Owen goes. He was glad to go back to the classroom and not just doing work on the computer. They go for two days and when they are in school the teachers send work home with them to do when they go home and they have to do it on the computer. Half of the kids go Monday and Tuesday and the others go Thursday and Friday. I feel bad for the teachers that has to be hard to keep track of.
      I was not any good tonight at picking out the singer tonight. He was a foot ball player I think and surprised everyone. It is going to be hard to pick the next person to go. I think that the dragon is going to win. I think that is what she is. She has such a good voice and it is so strong. The whatcha ma call it really threw Ken for a loss. I wonder how they know each other. I was wondering if it is the guy that Ken always guesses but is wrong. I cannot remember the guys name. He guessed him for a long time but do not think that he has done that this year. Do you remember who it was?
      I have not watched any of the cake baking contests. They really do come up with some really good cakes and I do not see how they get them to stand without falling apart. They must all be really good bakers and very creative.
      My daughters listened to the music in the eighties. I think my kids are older then yours are. So we listened to it all the time. Was Jenny a fan of the New Kids on the Block? Danyielle was and we went to two of their concerts. I could not believe how loud those concerts can be with all the girls screaming. The kids really enjoyed it though.
      Colleen

• Colleen
      Participant

Hi Adele,
      That is a shame that you spilled the chili. I have done that before and made really big messes. It is a shame that the kids got upset with you. Maybe they need to put everything away for you after dinner and then nothing like that will happen again.
      I am so sorry that your back is hurting. Do you know what you did to get it to start hurting again. I like the food that you made and the new ornaments I like the one with the babies picture in it. That will be a family ornament that they will cherish for a long time.
      I must be going blind I could not see the coyote behind Bobby’s truck. I will look again and see if I an see it. You may have to give me a direct place it can be.
      That is nice that Amanda is doing some cooking for you. It has to be nice not having to cook once in awhile. Is she a good cook? I really like apple crisps. They are so good. My mom use to make them when we were little. I guess they are made the same way. You put them in a baking dish and it is topped with cinnamon and butter. It is pretty good. I guess that it is called by different names.
      Well that is about all from here. Have a good night and stay safe.
      Colleen

• Gail Norusis
      Participant

Hi Colleen,
      I asked Kendall and her girlfriend last week if they missed going to school and they really did-they are in 7th grade and at that time it seems like your friends and activities are just as important as the school work. I feel bad for them. Lachlan doesn’t miss going at all. Why would he-he can stay in his pajamas, he can be on a tablet as soon as his work is done and his best friend/cousin lives two doors away so as far as he is concerned he’s got it all. lol Piper is kind of in between-I think she misses the socializing but does have her cousin Isla and her friend Georgia right in the neighborhood.
      I don’t know if there is a dragon-are you thinking of the seahorse? She was really good.
      The person Ken always guesses is Bjork who is a female singer. Greg says the whatchamacallit or whatever it is called is maybe Mike Tyson because he was in the Hangover movies with Ken. Who knows. But Ken was really put on the spot. lol he will probably be thinking about that for the next two weeks. lol
      Now that i think of it Jenny did like the new Kids but that must have been in the later 80’s-it seems there were New kids bed sheets and bath towels. lol
      I don’t think we ever took the kids to any of those loud concerts with the girls screaming. lol You were a good Mom.
      Gail

Attachments:
    • Gail Norusis
      Participant

Hi Adele,
      I think the race will be closer than you might think as Trump still has a lot of supporters. I’m trying not to get myself too psyched up so i won’t be too disappointed if he wins again. Maybe if he does we will just move to Canada-except Canada still won’t let Americans in. They’re smart. lol
      I was listening to a report this morning on those QAnon followers-whew-those people are way out there. But there are a lot of them too. You wonder how some people could believe this crazy stuff.
      I would have sworn at Bobby too. lol Did you tell him no one likes a smart ass? lol
      I don’t believe I have ever made Bolognaise sauce or even know what it is. lol Amanda is way ahead of me there.
      Gail

Attachments:
    • Anonymous
      Inactive

I got my flu shot. It was very fast. No line at all I drove up & another car behind me that was all. I know more were coming but having a time assigned to you spread them out. So all very easy.

My ballot got back very quickly too. Two days & it is marked received. Everyone was worried about the PO handling the ballots so they must be giving them Priority service. Now if my bills would get where they are going that quick.

I was a bad girl. When I was out getting my shot I stopped on the way home & got a root beer float. I was craving one as I have not had one in years. So that was my treat. Gail’s meme made me think I did not cut the carbs I sucked them through a straw.

• Colleen
      Participant

Hi Gail,
      It must have been the sea horse. She has such a beautiful voice. She sang the song from Titanic. It was so pretty and she has a strong voice. It will be fun to find out who she is. I have a feeling that we will not find out until the end of the show. She will make it all the way thru. I would have never guessed Mike Tyson for the what cha ma call it. I know it all one word. It will be fun to see who all Ken guesses. It will drive him crazy he cannot stand for someone to make it sound like he should know them.
      Danyielle had pictures of the New Kids hanging all over her wall. She would cut them out of magazines and anywhere she could find them. She took a camera with her to take pictures to hand up but they were never close enough that you could tell who is who. She thought she really had something though. I was not all that great a mom. The concert hall was in a bad area and I did not want them going alone. I finally let her go when she went with a group and it seemed to be safer. I guess that I was over protective.
      Have a good night and stay safe.
      Colleen

• adele shanbar
      Participant

Hey Colleen
      I’ll attach my recipe for apple crisp
      It was one hell off a mess. Plus we lost all the delicious leftovers!!
      Amanda is a very good cook. Last night she did a beef and broccoli stir fry with white rice and banana bread for dessert. Steph snd Aizen came and she actually ate a little!
      My back is a little better. Thank God! It was awful for a few days
      It is raining up here. We need it. We are in a drought. Do I can’t complain
      I finished Bobby’s stocking. Steph picked the one with cardinals. Hers is next. She wants me to make one for Heather. That made me sad
      How is Ron doing? He feeling ok?
      Are you planning on doing the holidays at your house?
      Hope your day goes well!’
      Adele

Attachments:
    • adele shanbar
      Participant

Hey Gailster
      Attaching the pics to this that did not print in post to Colleen
      Bolognaise is an Italian gravy ( sauce. Lol) that had meat in it. No meatballs Ground beef with tomato and spices
      Amanda is a good cook. She is enjoying her Uncle adding his helpful hints and cooking with her
      It is yucky here today and it makes me feel as yucky. Lol. I am also cranky today. lol
      So when a Steph was here for dinner last night she asked me to make a stocking for her mother. Not sure how that makes me feel, but just thinking of it made me sad
      Oh well
      I pray Biden wins by a landslide!!!
      God help all of us!!!!!😱😱😱🙏🏻🙏🏻🙏🏻

• adele shanbar
      Participant

Hey Sue!
      You must be getting the same yucky weather today that we have. The news said we desperately need it.
      We don’t have the drive through flu shots up here. If we did, I would go as that is very safe
      You go girl!!!! You deserve a treat!! Don’t feel guilty about it at all. Everyone deserves an occasional treat
      I have tried twice to upload ice of the stockings and it keeps giving me an error message
      Yesterday my ballot was yet to be received. I will check again today
      Hope you have a good day. Stay dry and safe!!!!
      Adele

• Anonymous
      Inactive

In case you want to know Lisa Mason wrote on Facebook that her parents have Corvid 19. She does not know what to do as she would like to be with them.
      People like Trump that think this is going away are not seeing what is happening. Almost every state has increasing numbers. They are getting concerned about the Hospitals in Pa as they have more patients than ever. People here are nuts. Want everything open & business as usual. They fought to have kids in school & I think every school that has open have had cases & need to close down for deep cleaning. Now my county has had 2 bus drivers positive. They take kids to various schools so who knows how many they infected. Trick or Treat & parade are going on as usual. It is nearly impossible to protect yourself as people refuse to wear masks.

• Colleen
      Participant

Hi Adele,
      The way you make apple crisp sounds really good. Thanks for sending the recipe I will have to try it. It is a little different then mine. That is nice that Amanda is such a good cook. She had some really good teachers.
      I wish that we would get some rain. It is so dry here. We had a little rain here the other morning but not enough to make a difference. I do not think that it hardly got the ground wet. I hope we get more this week-end or next week.
      That was sad that Steph wants you to make her mom a stocking. I wonder if she wants to take it to the grave site. Maybe she can put some flowers in it and it will be really pretty. I just hope that it will not be too hard on you to do it. It is nice that you are making stockings for everyone. Do you make them new ones every year?
      I am glad to hear that your back is better. It is hard to get anything done when your back hurts bad like that.
      We are celebrating Christmas and Thanks-giving. Are you planning on celebrating the holidays with your family. I cannot go without doing something for the family. We enjoy getting together and so we will. We will do a good clean up before they come and after they leave. We are going to use paper plates and we might use plastic knives and forks. That way we can throw everything away after dinner and that will take care of that. We can have a safe day.
      Well that is all from here. Have a great night and be safe.
      Colleen
      p.s. It is good that Steph ate some food.

• adele shanbar
      Participant

Hey Sue
      What is wrong with people? I ask that every day. Our state is getting worst too. We are having shortages again on paper products. This is nuts. We got a robo call from our Town manager yesterday saying things sre getting worst snd people need to adhere to the guidelines
      All we can do is try our best to stay safe.
      The other thing is vote!! My ballot is in the received status so I know mine is safe
      Hope you have a good day
      Adele

• adele shanbar
      Participant

Hey Colleen
      We will do Thanksgiving. I thought Enzos family was coming but now they are not sure. Do I don’t know how many will be here
      Steph did not say why she wants me to do one for Heather. I think it is sad and I think it will be a hard one to do
      I started doing these this year because the company who makes the ornaments I have been doing started selling these kits and I love them. I have made everyone a full size needlepoint stocking years ago. As people get added to the family I make them one. So I need to make a big one for aSonny and Enzo
      Amanda is a very good cook. Lol. I am lucky lol
      We had a lot of rain last night. We needed it bad. The sun is starting to come out now. It’s supposed to get colder later today
      Hope all is good with you today!
      Adele

• Dianne Danielson
      Participant

Hi Ladies,
      Well, I tried 3 times Thurs. to do a post & every time it vanished. I’ll give it another try now & see if I can get through it this time.
      so I hope this finds everyone doing fine. I’m good. I hope I can remember what I wrote the other night.
      I’m getting more than a little tired of this isolation. I did get to the store earlier this week, but that isn’t quite enough.
      We had some rain earlier this week, & we really needed it!! We don’t have any snow yet. I don’t think the ski resorts have any at this point. Too early for that. but from what I’m hearing we’re in for a colder than usual winter. They;re calling for a La Nina this winter, which means lots of rain here & lots of snow in the mts. We really need it though.
      So did anyone watch the dueling town halls this week? I watched VP Biden’s. I read where 45 lost big time in the ratings!!!! LOL. I think that’s why people are waiting hrs to vote!! I’m hoping for a landslide win for Biden. We gotta get that baboon out there!!! Some of the things he’s saying are outrageous!!
      OK, every time he opens his mouth!!!
      I moved things around in my bedroom this week so I have easier access to my Christmas stuff. I’m still planning to decorate for Christmas after Halloween. I know others are planning the same thing. It takes me so much longer to decorate these days, & I need something to boost my spirits. With winter looming isolation will be even worse. I have no clue what I’ll be doing for the holidays. We usually have the churches to go to for the holiday meals, but they won’t be doing it this year.
      We got our ballots this week so I’ll be doing that tomorrow. we’ve had vote by mail for 2 decades, in fact Oregon was the first state to do it. I can track it on the computer now.
      Well, I guess that’s all for tonight. I think I remembered everything.
      take care & stay safe.
      dd

Attachments:
    • adele shanbar
      Participant

Omg DD!
      That dog with the kittens is so adorable!!!
      Really makes you smile We all need a smile
      The isolation is awful. I’m lucky I have a lot of people in this house to talk to. I can’t imagine being alone. I’m sorry for you. Can you see Critt, or is he too scared to see anyone?
      The sun is out but it is only in the 50’s up here. Hope your day is sunny Nd bright
      Luv u
      Adele

• adele shanbar
      Participant

Omg DD!
      That dog with the kittens is so adorable!!!
      Really makes you smile We all need a smile
      The isolation is awful. I’m lucky I have a lot of people in this house to talk to. I can’t imagine being alone. I’m sorry for you. Can you see Critt, or is he too scared to see anyone?
      The sun is out but it is only in the 50’s up here. Hope your day is sunny Nd bright
      Luv u
      Adele

• Colleen
      Participant

Hi Adele,
      I know that it will be hard to make that stocking. Did she pick out the stocking that she wants you to make? I hope that she did it would be hard for you to pick it out and make it.
      I hope everyone will come for Thanks-giving to make it more festive. You need as many people around as you can. We had a big dinner for both Thanks-giving and Christmas after my mom passed. We even had a big Easter dinner so we were together for all of them. So I hope that your family will be around you for that.
      We are finally getting some rain. We really did need the rain. I hope that we keep getting more it has been so dry here. It is getting cold here also. It is really feeling like fall. It is getting me into the holiday spirit. I went to Penny’s the other day and got a few things for the kids for Christmas. I found a really cute outfit for Grayson. It is a pair of dress pants ,a long sleeve shirt, with a tie and vest. I cannot wait to see him in it. I hope that they will put it on him for Christmas. Even if he just wears it long enough for pictures. I found some really cute pj’s for Aliza she always needs new ones. They were having a sale and they were giving away coupons for even more off of that. The one that I got was for 40% off of that so we got some really good deals.
      Colleen

• adele shanbar
      Participant

Hi Colleen
      That was a great deal you got on the pjs! I love a good sale. Always makes shopping more fun
      Steph did pick it out but I know that is not the one she would love. So I may change it.
      I am thinking of changing to my mothers in home doctor. My doctor is leaving the practice and I have to switch to Gary’s doctor. He is real nice. But if I have to switch I am thinking of making life easier for me. I am so in a quandary about it.
      DwTS is on. I am not sure who my favorite is this year
      I heard the virus is increasing everywhere. Bobby is concerned again for people coming into this house.
      This is just awful. Especially before the holidays
      Hope your night is good!!!
      Adele
      Ps. Heard there was an earthquake in Alaska. I wonder if DD felt it??

• adele shanbar
      Participant

Hi Colleen
      That was a great deal you got on the pjs! I love a good sale. Always makes shopping more fun
      Steph did pick it out but I know that is not the one she would love. So I may change it.
      I am thinking of changing to my mothers in home doctor. My doctor is leaving the practice and I have to switch to Gary’s doctor. He is real nice. But if I have to switch I am thinking of making life easier for me. I am so in a quandary about it.
      DwTS is on. I am not sure who my favorite is this year
      I heard the virus is increasing everywhere. Bobby is concerned again for people coming into this house.
      This is just awful. Especially before the holidays
      Hope your night is good!!!
      Adele
      Ps. Heard there was an earthquake in Alaska. I wonder if DD felt it??

• Dianne Danielson
      Participant

Hi Ladies,
      Well, let’s see if I can get this written before it disappears like the others have. I hope this finds everyone doing well. I’m fine, bored out of my mind is all. I’m hearing the rest of the country is feeling the same way. At least I’m not alone in that respect. Our numbers keep going up every week. Last week we had 3 or 4 days of 400+ new cases & of course deaths. the count has come down a bit this week, but it’s just the beginning. and a$$ole keeps harping on Dr. Fauci, calling him names, etc., & lie after lie after lie. I see the committee in charge of the debate is going to mute the mikes when one is speaking, no interuptions.
      Our weather is taking a drastic turn this week. We could actually see frost on the pumpkins, & snow in the foothills around the area. A cold air mass is coming down from Canada along with a storm coming off the ocean. It’s too early for us to get snow right now. but this is coming a little early.
      We didn’t feel the earthquake today. There was a powerful quake back in the 60s that we felt. It was the Anchorage quake, that destroyed most

• Dianne Danielson
      Participant

of the city that year. It was so strong we felt it all the way down where we were living. We were in the living room when the couch moved from one side of the room to the other. If I’m not mistaken it was a 9.0 quake. And we live in what’s called the earthquake belt. All the way from Alaska down all the way to South America.
      I’m not sure what happened but at least I didn’t lose it.
      I better send this or I will lose it.
      dd

Attachments:
    • adele shanbar
      Participant

Hey DD
      Love the pics of your decorations looks so pretty. You go girl!
      Our numbers are going up too. We had over 500new cases yesterday
      I stocked up on paper towels Kleenex and napkins. I could not get the to I wanted. Had to settle for different brands. I was given a heads up that a shortage was coming again from a friend of a truck driver. I wish I had an extra freezer to store meats I just don’t have room for extras With 6 people to feed supply of meats goes fast
      They are saying to start hunkering down again. I’m concerned for aThanksgiving. I’m feeling it is not a good idea to have all of Enzos family here. I have to think bout this.
      Hope you are ok and having a good day. I’m making pizza for dinner tonight
      Adele

• adele shanbar
      Participant

Hey DD
      I think you mean the quake that happened in the 60’s that you felt?
      Adele

• Gail Norusis
      Participant

Sue,
      You are not a bad girl. I always like to treat myself after an appointment or a test. Life is too short. Eat, drink and be merry! lol
      I did not know that about Lisa Mason’s parents. I wonder if they are at home or in the hospital? That is a big problem for her trying to figure out what to do.
      You are right – people are crazy. I under stand that businesses can not continue to be closed down and they want to get the kids back into school but it seems like many places have no guidelines in place for doing this. I just discovered yesterday that a town not too far away has had schools open successfully thus far so maybe they could let other districts know what they are doing that is working.
      I’m hoping that if Biden wins he will gather the governors of each state and try to get them to have a more cohesive plan moving forward. we need someone to unite the states in their effort to fight the virus not someone who just wants to ignore it all and pit people against each other.
      In the meantime all we can do as citizens who want to stay safe is to stay home as much as possible. I am tired of being home too-as much as the next person but what everyone has to realize is until we really work together and do as the doctors ask-more and more people will die and it will take us longer to get through this than if we all would just cooperate and do what the experts suggest. It’s hard to believe how selfish people have become and are unwilling to sacrifice for the greater good. When I think of the sacrifices that people all over the world made in World War two what we are being asked to do pales in comparison.
      I know all here agree with me so I am preaching to the choir but sometimes a person just has to get it out.
      Gail

Attachments:
    • Gail Norusis
      Participant

Hi DD,
      Your pictures are so pretty. I like the picture of the pumpkin bird feeder.
      I think we all have isolation fatigue. Humans are social creatures. Do you get to chat with any of the other people in your building from a safe distance?
      I think a lot of people will be going all out on decor this year in order to brighten up the dark winter.
      I personally am cutting back since there will be no grands here for Christmas-just us two.
      Just thinking about the holidays right now makes me a little teary as they will be so different.
      But I am a big girl and i will cope.
      I think we are done with summer here. Temperatures have been going down to freezing at night-so fall is here and winter is coming even though it doesn’t officially start until December.
      Gail

Attachments:
    • Gail Norusis
      Participant

Hi Colleen,
      No Masked Singer on this week because of the World Series.
      Guess what? We got snow yesterday. I heard them say possible flurries in the morning and the next thing you know I was on the phone with Brent and looking out the window and there was little spits of snow and then the flakes got bigger and bigger. it probably snowed for a half hour but it is all melted as the air was above freezing.
      He thinks he might be moving by the end of the month. They have been up a couple of times looking for a place to live. It’s a bit harder as the rentals are higher than where he is now and not as many are available either. Plus they have dogs so they need a place that will accept pets.
      Where they live now there are lots of rentals because there is a college in town and an air force base so there are lots of properties. So he may have to live a little farther from work than he wants to. I’m sure things will work out somehow.
      What did you think about DWTS? I was kind of surprised at the bottom two. So far Johnny Weir has not done as well as the other figure skaters. I love when he and Tara Lipinski announce skating and the Kentucky Derby. It seems like all the bachlorettes do well. I think the one now has had some dance training. Last night there was two hours of DWTS and two hours of the Voice. Good thing I took a nap. lol
      Gail

Attachments:
    • Gail Norusis
      Participant

Hi Adele,
      Numbers are up everywhere but in a few states. I think November through February is going to be tough. That’s why we’ve already decided to stay home for the holidays and not have Jenny and the kids here for Christmas or go to her house for Thanksgiving. Piper has already been to the doctor with some virus-they did a strep test, influenza and Covid and those came back negative so the doctor said it was some other viral thing and now Lachlan has the same thing. Jenny and Ricky and the kids are out and about enough so that i just don’t think it’s advisable to be inside together without masks. and I personally don’t want to spend Christmas and Thanksgiving wearing a mask in our own homes-or to make other people do it either. So it just seems advisable to stay home this year so we can have a celebration next year-hopefully.
      Speaking of masks-I had an eye appointment yesterday. That was interesting looking into all those different pieces of equipment and trying to read without the glasses fogging up. A couple times they said I could uncover my nose if that helped. I haven’t been wearing my contacts since I can’t get the part of that stye that’s inside my eyelid to go away. he said i should soak it with warm compresses and he prescribed an eye drop.
      Have you looked into buying a freezer to store extra meats. I am so used to having one I would hate to be without. I know there was a freezer shortage but if you have a space I would look for one.
      I guess bolognaise sauce is what I always make than. Who knew I could say it had such a fancy name. lol
      Maybe Steph just wants you to make the stocking for Heather for a memorial. I consider it a step forward that she asked and I personally would do the one that she picked-since she was the one who thought of it. Just my opinion.
      You know if it makes it easier for you do the doctor at home thing. I’m all about making life easier at this stage.
      Gail

Attachments:
    • Colleen
      Participant

Hi Adele,
      JC Penny’s always has such good sales. I like it when they have the extra coupons so you can get more off. They have that sale right before Thanks-giving . I try to get a lot of my Christmas presents when they do that.
      That is a good idea to change to your mom’s doctor. You will not have to go into the office. I wish that we had doctors that made house calls but we don’t. I would like not having to go into the office. I do not like wearing those masks. They make me cough from breathing through that mask.
      I heard about the earth quake in Alaska. I did not hear if it caused very much damage or not. They were talking that it may bring on another one of those big storms. I cannot spell the name of it right so I am not even going to try.
      I am not sure who my favorite is on dwts either. I like the one girl that is a little older and I think that she dances with Sacha. She is the one who is a little heavier then the other girls on the show. I think that she is a really good dancer and can dance to just about any music they play. I also like the woman who is the cheer leader coach. It is going to be hard to decide this year.
      After what happened to Ron and how close I came to losing him I am not as scared as I was. We could lose any one at anytime so we both feel the need to be around our family. I am careful and take all the precautions that we should but I am not going to stop seeing my family. I may be wrong but that is just how I feel.
      Well that is all from here. Have a great day and stay safe.
      Colleen

• Colleen
      Participant

Hi Gail,
      It is a little early for snow but the weather has been cold. We are finally getting some rain. It was really getting dry here. This might be the year that we get a good snow. I am really wanting a good snow here.
      I really do not like to have to miss the Masked Singer tonight. They were bringing out the next group tonight. I cannot remember what characters they are supposed to be. My mind id going quickly.
      It is hard to find to rent a place when you have animals. I would hate to have to rent again. I wonder if we could after living in our own place for so many years. I hope they find a place and they like living there.
      It is hard to pick the people that should go home on dwts. They are all pretty good and improving every week. I told the two that I like in Adele’s post. I cannot remember their names. I think that I need to take ones of those pills that help with your memory. I need something.
      I like all the memes that you are posting. I like the new test for men that was funny. I bet a man would run out of that room as fast as they can. They cannot stand half of the things we have to go thru.
      Well that is about all from here. Have a great day and stay safe.
      Colleen

• Dianne Danielson
      Participant

HI Ladies,
      VPH is on right now, decorating with Rick. I so love her things. I need to win a lottery & a much bigger place!!!
      I hope this finds everyone doing well. It appears we went from a warm fall to winter over night!! Our temps are dropping like a rock in the next couple days. If this is an indicator of what’s to come we’re in for a cold winter. We usually don’t get frost this early. It’s more likely to come in Nov. We won’t get snow down here till later on, if we get it at all. But it is coming to the higher elevations this weekend.
      Gail, I’ve been racking my mind wondering what pumpkin bird feeder? I can’t find it. I don’t have a bird feeder of any kind. I love your memes. Esp. the one with the man. I’ve said that for yrs!!
      I have a new neighbor. He moved in yesterday. He’s an older guy & he has a dog. He was asking if this was a quiet floor, & I said yes, probably the quietest floor in the bldg.
      I haven’t heard yet about the Halloween decorated door contest. I don’t think that many decorated their doors. I’m the only one on this floor. Alot of people don’t decorate like I do. Make that nobody decorates like I do in this bldg. LOL
      Oh, I’m hearing on the news that over 100,000 people have turned in their ballots already! And the percentage is more that double from 2016 election. We’re at 10 % already, double from 2016. I sent mine in earlier this week. I can keep tabs on it on the computer.
      Well, I guess that’s all from here.
      take care & stay safe.
      dd

Attachments:
    • Colleen
      Participant

Hi DD,
      Your weather sounds like ours. One day it is warm and then it gets cold. It is supposed to be warm tomorrow and then cool back down again. We finally got some rain and we really needed it.
      I really like all the pictures that you send They are always so pretty and make me smile. I love the one with the puppies in the sled they are so cute. I cannot imagine how hard it is to keep them clean. I could not find a picture of a pumpkin bird feeder. Was it in the pictures or something Gail posted. I hope she will tell us where she saw it. Never mind I found it. I don’t know how I missed it. It is cute. It is on the post that you did the 17th October.
      I like the way you decorated your door. Do they give away prizes or ribbons for the best decorated door? If they do you should win it is really cute. Will you go and look at other doors that are decorated or just on your floor?
      That was strange the way your post was on here the other day. Did you send it in two parts on purpose or did that just happen This site is getting strange.
      Did you feel the after effects of the quake they had in Alaska the other day? I hope they did not have a lot of damage. I just heard that they had one but that was all. Well that is all from here. Have a great night and stay safe.
      Colleen

• Dianne Danielson
      Participant

Hi Ladies,
      I found it! I was thinking it was in my decorations somewhere. I forgot about the pics I sent with an earlier post!🙄🙄🙄🤦‍♀️
      dd

• adele shanbar
      Participant

Hey Gailster
      Wow. You got snow! It’s humid up here and in the low 70’s today
      Good point in the stocking
      Sorry for making this brief. My back is bad snd it’s hard to type
      I think our holidays are going to be very different too. Our numbers are going way up and everyone is freaking out up here
      Hope you have a good day. Hope your eye feels better. When that happened to my eye the dr said contacts were done for me. He said it was from wearing them for so many years
      Adele

• adele shanbar
      Participant

Hey Colleen
      I feel the same way. Life is so short. I have a lot of people in this house. Lots of others do not have that.
      My back is real bad and it’s hard to type so I have to do this quick. Sorry
      Please read post to Gail too
      I’m glad Ron feels better
      I’m not sure who my favorite is in DWTS. Lol
      Hope I have a good day!
      Adele

• adele shanbar
      Participant

Hey DD
      Lol. Lol
      Adele

• Gail Norusis
      Participant

Hi DD,
      I’m glad that you found the bird feeder picture that I was referring to. Ha ha I had everyone searching. lol Your own private scavenger hunt.
      I hope your new neighbor is nice. I’m glad your building allows pets. I wonder what Snowball would think of the guys dog. Is it a little one?
      I like Valerie’s shows a lot. I got very little new this year. I did get a new tree for the living room though. We have a small one in the corner of the family room. I got one just as tall as the old living room one but slimmer. I am cutting way back on the ornaments I am going to put on the tree. I will also cut back on decorations as it will just be us two and i don’t think Greg would mind if I didn’t decorate at all.
      I have nothing up at all yet for fall or Halloween. I do have a couple new things to get out this weekend and that will probably be all for this year. I just was not in the mood. Once again Greg has not even mentioned that I have nothing up. Especially the fall stuff. I don’t think he even notices and when it is all up there is just as much fall stuff as Christmas. I have a fall village that i love. It’s one of my favorite things.
      I wonder how the debate will go tonight. I am sick of all the chaos in this country.
      We were supposed to be 70 today and it’s about 50. Fake weather! lol
      Gail

Attachments:
    • Gail Norusis
      Participant

Hi Colleen,
      It would be hard to rent again. We have owned a house ever since about 1975 so that is a long time. We bought our first house in 1975 and fixed it up and then built the house we are in now in about 1996. We bought the land several years before we built the house. While we were saving Greg would come out and plant trees and bushes on the property so by the time we built it wasn’t just all flat empty farm land anymore. The houses farther down the road are in wooded areas but i didn’t want all that wood around I like a more open sunny area to live in.
      I don’t even know if I could go back to living in a city or town I have lived out in the country for so long.
      When you lived in Rockford did you live right in the city? Was Cherry Vale Mall around when you lived there? I’ll bet it was as it has been there for awhile.
      I wish they would turn all that crowd noise down on DWTS. It is way too loud. We all know there is no crowd there anyway. lol
      Gail

Attachments:
    • Gail Norusis
      Participant

Hi Adele,
      I’m sorry your back is bad again.
      The numbers are up pretty much everywhere and you are starting to hear more and more covid reports again.
      our governor is doing daily TV briefings again and he has not done so in months.
      I know they were going to reevaluate in person learning at the end of the semester which will be at the new year. I’m betting the winter will be bad so they won’t go back to school until next September.
      The eye doctor lives in a neighboring town and he said his girls were set to go back to high school and they cancelled at the last minute because of rising numbers. This stye wasn’t caused by the contacts as I haven’t had them in in months. So I will be okay to start wearing them again when I want to. Right now there’s no sense in wasting money on buying them when I am home all the time.
      Gail

Attachments:
    • Colleen
      Participant

Hi Adele,
      I am sorry that your back is giving you so much trouble. I hope that you can get in touch with a doctor and get something to help ease the pain. I understand why you cannot type with your back like that.
      We are going to try to keep the holidays as normal as we can. The kids really need it and so do we. We do not go out as much as we use to. I have been doing some Christmas shopping just to get it all done. There are not as many people in the store right now so it works out well. I am trying to get things that the kids will not buy for themselves.
      I just wish that Tyra would quit talking as much as she does and not try to show the contestants how to dance. She is the host not one of the dancers. I just do not care for her. I have tried.
      That is all from here. I hope your back gets better. Stay safe.
      Colleen

• Colleen
      Participant

Hi Gail,
      We like living with all the trees around us. I guess that is why everyone lives in different type of place. We did live in town when we were in Rockford. Cherry Vale Mall was there. It was the place to shop and they had a lot of the nicer houses there. We had found a house there and had decided to put an offer on it then Ron’s mom got really sick and we move3d back to Missouri.
      If they would turn the crowd noise down and stop Tyra from talking so much it would be nice. Now she is showing the dancers different moves. Was she ever a dancer?
      I could not live in a town again either. I like my privacy. We can got out in our pj’s and feed the dogs and no one can see us. There are no houses around us.
      I am sorry that you are having problems with your eye. I hope that you can get something for it and it clears up. This is the time of year for all of that. I have been coughing and my eyes are watering from allergies. I get this every spring and fall. It is bad until it gets cold then it eases. It is not bad when it is really hot.
      Well that is aout all from here. Have a great night and stay safe.
      Colleen

• adele shanbar
      Participant

Hey Gailster
      Back is worst Called dr. He is going prednisone I have a video conference with him next week. His PA called me back for the RX
      I hate when I feel this bad. I can’t do anything. It sucks. Plus if this does not stop this will be the rest of my life. They can’t do another spine surgery without doing the entire back snd then I will be crippled. A rod will be inserted from the top to bottom snd I won’t be able to bend
      Plus that hospital won’t touch me cause I weigh too much
      Loved the memes
      I didn’t know you built the house yourselves. So you did the layout snd design? Go Gailster! That was a good idea to plant some tres and bushes do it was empty
      Hope you have a good day
      Adele

• adele shanbar
      Participant

Hey Colleen
      Please read post to Gail fir info
      If I went out in pjs it would cause a stir. Lol
      Tyra is annoying. I was hoping she would get better as she goes along. She was better in AGT.
      Hope your day is going well
      Adele

• Gail Norusis
      Participant

Hi Colleen,
      I used to go to Cherry Vale mall a lot. Also used to take the kids there. Now I bet I haven’t been there in four years since I do so much shopping online.
      There are still nice houses in that area. Of course they are mostly older now.
      I was setting up my DVR for next week and saw that instead of DWTS on my Dish it’s a football game because the Bears are playing on Monday night football. I was upset because Monday was supposed to be the DWTS Halloween show. Then I read somewhere that it will be broadcast in our area at midnight until two so I have it set to record. It’s probably only like that in our area because of the Bears being on. It will probably be on at the regular time for the rest of you.
      My eye is not really troublesome. It’s just I had a stye and it went away on the edge of my eye but there was still apart on the inside of my lower eyelid where the gland is blocked. So I have some eyedrops now and am supposed to put warm compresses on it. In the meantime I can’t wear my contacts until it’s healed. However, since we are home all the time I barely wear my contacts anyway. It’s just easier to pop on the glasses and I’m saving money by not having to buy lenses. When we start going out again (whenever that is) I will start wearing the contacts again and can buy more then.
      I think this winter we are mostly just going to be like bears and hibernate with the covid numbers going up and up everywhere.
      They now have a field hospital on the Wisconsin state fairgrounds. It’s hard for me to understand why people refuse to take precautions. I’m glad that we are older and can stay home. Even though I want to go out as much as anyone else I would rather be safe than sorry.
      Gail

Attachments:
    • Gail Norusis
      Participant

Hi Adele,
      I hope the back is better.
      Good thing Amanda is there to help with the cooking.
      Since we’ve been picking up food on the weekends now I feel much better.
      I don’t feel so pressured to cook all the time.
      However, we don’t have that many restaurants around so I try to mix things up as much as possible-which is sometimes interesting.
      Yes, our house was built by our old neighbor and his partner. It really is stick built.
      They did hire the subcontractors for heating and plumbing but we personally got all the cabinets, flooring, tile, light fixtures had our own guy come in the to do painting. I loved every minute of it and would do it again in a heartbeat. Greg used to say at that time that the people at Menards were on a first name basis with him. I guess when I look back on it now it was a lot of running around but I really enjoyed it and liked being able to choose every little detail.
      We had some basic plans that we liked but we had the architect tweak those so we could have the rooms exactly how and where we wanted them.
      I know other people talk about it being a nightmare but i thought it was a wonderful dream. And in all these years I’ve never been sorry and wished we had done something differently. I guess because we planned for so long before we actually did it. We walked through hundreds of model homes to see what type of floor plans we liked. Of course now I wish everything was on one floor but it’s so much more economical to build a two story house and when you are in your late forties you are not thinking about what it will be like at 70. lol
      Piper and Lachlan are taking tumbling classes so Jenny told us they have cameras in the gyms that we can watch the classes on. We had to go through Greg’s phone to watch it on the TV and the picture wasn’t very big but it was interesting. This is how we have to see the grandkids now-on screens-good thing they like tablets so much. lol
      Tonight we are watching a Journey tribute band concert from our local music hall which we will stream.
      Wednesday the Moose is having a meatloaf dinner so I think we will order carry out and pick up from there.
      Such and exciting life we lead! lol
      Gail

Attachments:
    • Dianne Danielson
      Participant

Hi Ladies,
      Not much going on out here. The fire alarm went off at 2 am & it didn’t get shut off for what seemed like an eternity, so it’s been a sleepy kind of day for me. Oh speaking of that, Snowball has finally decided to come up & lay on my chest. she’s done it more than once this week. I motioned to her last night to come & get on my chest & she did. I patted my chest & here she comes & jumps up on me. She’s a smart little cookie. when we’re in the bedroom & I’m leaving I call out “Let’s go” & she gets down & comes out to the living room. Now if I could figure out what she’s trying to tell me when she comes up meowing!!! Besides feed me, that is.
      Our numbers have hit all time high this week. I think it was yesterday it hit 550 new cases of the virus, & 399 today! The total thus far is 41,000 state wide, with 655 deaths. and we’re supposedly turning the corner for it disappearing???? Seriously?? I don’t think so!!!
      I didn’t watch the last debate. I’ve already voted, & so why bother. Yes I voted by mail & have accounted for my ballot.
      I have my humidifier running now. Maybe it’ll help with my lungs.
      Guess who woke up & is sitting next to me after she came & got on my chest.
      Our weather will be warming up this week. We’ll be in the low to mid 60s mid week.
      Adele, I’m sorry about your back. I used to have lower back pain. Do you know what you did to hurt it?
      I do my best not to lift anything heavy.
      Well, that’s all for now. take car & stay safe!!
      dd

Attachments:
    • Colleen
      Participant

Hi Gail,
      Did you hear about the couple in Colorado that would not leave their home and died in that fire? I could not believe that they would not leave. They had to know that the fires were really bad and they would not make it out. They were in their 80’s. I do not understand why but I guess they figured that they would not live much longer. I cannot imagine how their family feels about them doing this. I feel so sorry for them.
      I have not checked to see if DWTS will be on at their regular time or not. I will have to check and see. They may have done the same thing here since their are a lot of Bear fans here.
      I am glad that you had eye drops and are doing the compresses. I have never had one so do not know what they are like. Do they effect your eye sight? That would make it rough. Hopefully you will get rid of it soon.
      Ron went to Wal Mart today and it was crowded and he said hardly anybody was wearing a mask. They have someone checking at the door for awhile and would say something if you did not have a mask on. They were also keeping track of how many people were in the store but they are not doing that anymore either. I do not understand why they quit. They said that people were complaining about it and so they stopped.
      Sounds like you and Greg enjoyed building your house. That is good that it went so well. That is all from here. Have a great night and stay safe.

• Colleen
      Participant

Hi Adele,
      That is rough when your back hurts that bad. I wonder if the weather has anything with your back being so sore. If it rains here my back hurts a lot. It is just so easy to throw your back out. You can just turn wrong and hurt your back.
      Just take care of yourself and do not do very much.
      Colleen

• Colleen
      Participant

Hi DD,
      That is so cute that Snowball is laying on your chest. I guess that it takes some cats awhile to warm up like that. She sounds like she is really independent. She is such a pretty cat. That is cool that she listens to you and comes out of the bedroom with you when you tell her too.
      I really like all the pictures you posted. They are so pretty and calm looking. It would be fun to go to a barn dance like they had in the olden days. When they show them on tv they always look like fun. Everybody comes and enjoys themselves. They all bring really good food to that.
      Our weather did the same thing. It got cold and then it warmed up and now it is cooling down again. I hope that it stays cold now and does not warm up again. You never know how to dress.
      Did you find out why the alarms went off. Those things are so loud. Even the ones they have in homes. I guess they have to be or people would sleep thru it.
      Colleen

• adele shanbar
      Participant

Hey Gailster
      Been a touch weekend. Back good and bad dur to weather. Did lot of Door dash We are lucky to have these take out and delivery services First time we did Subway. I got a chicken dub that was loaded with lettuce tomato onions and a little ranch dressing. The chicken was grilled. It was very tasty. We would order from them again
      Today I am making chicken soup
      So Sonny Christening is scheduled. It has put me backwards. Made me extremely emotional. People limited. I’m not feeling good about going for so many reasons. Covid. My back. Heather.
      Marissa goes to the church today to get all the rules
      I’m sorry about your eye. That hurts. I hope it goes away soon
      It must have been so much fun to build your house your way. Very
      Exciting. You are right. If you were older it would have been one floor!
      My little Aizen came over and finally told me it makes him very sad to come to this house. Now I know why he looks so sad when he comes over. He is very quiet and puts his head down and keeps asking when they are leaving I hugged the stuffing out of him and kept kissing his cute little head
      I miss Barbara.
      I hope Sue is ok. I think there is a post here from DD… I hope!
      Adele

• adele shanbar
      Participant

Hey DD
      Please read my post to Gail for all the info
      What a sweet story about your kitty!!! How adorable. It is so nice to have a pet
      Our numbers are going through the roof over 1000 a day again. Not good and freaking me out
      Amanda is starting work at Starbucks today. That is freaking me out So many people go there every day. Please say a prayer she will not get sick
      What is this about a new neighbor? I think Zi missed something. Lol
      We have 8 more days to pray God saved our country from the Devil himself
      Hope your day goes well
      Adele
      Ps. Have no idea what I did. Accept purge a closet one day. But the back was already starting

• adele shanbar
      Participant

Hey Colleen
      Backs can stop you in your tracks It feels a little better today. It is very gloomy here and dark this am. I have one more day on prednisone. My virtual dr apt is Thursday.
      Also our 21st anniversary is aThursday
      Wow is that scary about Walmart Ca
      N you just order on line from them????
      Please read my other posts for all the info if the day
      😇🙏🏻♥️😱

• Anonymous
      Inactive

I am not going to be posting much as I am sick of people thinking as Trump says the virus is going away. People just are doing as they please with no concern for anyone else. It is no fun to wear a mask but it is for the good of all. It is extremely difficult to not see & gather with family & friends but some of us do it as we know it is for the best & I am just tired of the people that thinks it does not pertain to them. We will never bring numbers down if people continue in this manner. Our numbers continue to grow at alarming rates. People in the hospital have doubled since the end of Sept. A lady, in a recipe group I am in, son had it & was in the hospital a long time . He is home now but must be on oxygen all the time. They will test him in 4 or 5 weeks & if his lungs were to badly damaged he will need to be on oxygen the rest of his life. So there are many people that did not die but will have medical problems forever. Another college students has died 18 years old. People just say we will all get it & most will survive & just think it is no big deal for the ones that do not. I know some of you care but it seems most do not. It just depresses me hearing the attitude that people just do not care about anyone but theirself.
      If Trump wins we are doomed. I am getting scared he will. But unless it is huge landslide we won’t know the winner for days after the election. Ballots in Pa must be postmarked by 8PM on election day but they are giving 3 days for the USPS to deliver & them to count them. So ballots will still be counted until Nov. 6th.
      Very dark & dreary here.
      There was a very bad accident last night. A car hit a buggy on the road up through here. It was further up from my place. Eight people were taken to hospitals. Six to the trauma center in Altoona & I suppose the other two to Huntingdon as it would have been the closest. The road was closed 4 or 5 hours. So I don’t know if any have died from their injuries. The horse died or was put down & the car ended up in a field.
      So no good news from here so why should I post when nothing is good. You don’t need the gloom & doom. I will be hear trying to stay well with no help from my fellowman.

• adele shanbar
      Participant

Dearest Sue
      Please do not stop posting. These are scary times. It is getting bad up here again too. I am scared fir Amanda who started her new job yesterday at Starbucks. But she needs a job. Bobby is as careful as anyone can be. But still he is out every day exterminating. Marissa sees her close friends who have been isolating. But still what if one of them gets something. I worry all the time. I’m too scared to get a flu shot
      Gary snd I ate not going to the Christening. We will watch Aizen and JJ. Only 12 people are allowed at the ceremony because there are two families being Christened. I have been crying since she announced it because it is the first life event Heather will miss
      I am so sorry for the awful stress that horrible accident caused. Prayers to all those involved. That must have been awful. Was the person drunk who hit them?
      I afraid he will still win too. I am saying a novena on line for the election. The site is called Pray more Novenas. Please join! When they announced a novena to be prayed to join there was so much interest the site actually crashed. So don’t loose faith this monster will loose. So many people don’t want him. There are people dancing in line voting. Don’t loose faith about this. God is on our side
      Luv u
      Adele.

• Gail Norusis
      Participant

Hi DD,
      We watched the debates even though we had already voted. We just wanted to see how they both sounded.
      I like the picture with the deer and other animals. It’s kind of like a Christmas card.
      Speaking of which I have already bought my cards for this year.
      No going to a store and browsing and picking them out this year. Good old Amazon to the rescue.
      I’m glad Snowball is getting more cuddly.
      We had another dusting of snow yesterday morning.
      We get an extra hour of sleep this weekend.
      Sometimes when it gets cold I just want to stay snuggled in bed like a bear and hibernate.
      Gail

Attachments:
    • Gail Norusis
      Participant

Hi Colleen,
      I did hear about those people and the fire. It’s so sad. If only they had evacuated they would still be alive.
      The stye does not impair my vision at all. It hurt when it first started but it doesn’t hurt at all anymore-I just know it’s there and keeps me from wearing contacts if I wanted to. I can’t believe that you have never had one. I thought they were fairly common.
      I don’t really know how people are about wearing masks around here but I think they are fairly good but Illinois does have a mask rule-maybe your state does not.
      When we watched the kids in the gym they all had masks on there. We were getting gas at a Casey’s the other night and I saw people walking into there with masks on.
      The only place I have been is to the hospital, dentist and eye doctor and everyone was masked there.
      I was just saying to Greg the other night what a wimpy society we are that people complain about wearing a mask. Just think what people had to go through during wars. By comparison this is a small thing to ask but everyone is too spoiled to comply.
      It’s sad times.
      On the bright side I got a letter from Piper in the mail today that had butterflies drawn all over it. It made me happy and also made me cry a little.
      I allow myself a little pity party now and then and then kick myself in the butt and tell myself to get over it as we have a roof over our heads and food on the table and the family is healthy.
      Gail

Attachments:
    • Gail Norusis
      Participant

Hi Adele,
      Hope the back is doing better.
      Had you not had subway before? They make a pretty good sandwich. That was one of our regular stops on a Friday night precovid. lol
      Both kids worked at the local Subway when they were in high school. They were sandwich artistes! lol
      Poor little Aizen. Maybe you should tell him to remember all the good times he had at your house and that there will be good times again.
      Do they allow people in the Starbucks or is it all just drive through? I know here in Illinois they are making some bars and restaurants shut down again. Whether the people will actually do it or not remains to be seen.
      I am praying for a Biden victory and an actual plan to fight this pandemic.
      I think it is foremost on the minds of so many people.
      Gail

Attachments:
    • Gail Norusis
      Participant

Hi Sue,
      I can understand your frustration and depression. It’s hard because we are all trying to do the right thing and so many other’s are not and don’t seem to care. All I know is I can’t control what all those other people are doing but I can control what i do. So I will continue plugging along wearing a mask social distancing and hand washing. That’s the only positive thing that I can do.
      As one of the doctors mentioned i would rather wear a mask then be on a respirator. Big difference when you think about it that way a mask is a minor inconvenience.
      I guess way back during the influenza pandemic in 1918 there was much the same kinds of things happening. People not wanting to mask up and stay home. I guess we don’t learn from our mistakes.
      I just am grateful for my blessings and have hope for better times ahead.
      That’s why it’s nice to come here where we can just be girl friends and talk about recipes or something funny that happened or share family stories. it’s a place to escape from some of the sadness in the world and a place where we can come and lift each other’s spirits.
      That is awful about the car and buggy accident. since there are so many Amish in your area do things like that happen very often. Do they at least put some type of reflective tape or something on the buggy. I know out here on the dark roads sometimes we come upon a person walking or riding a bike in the dark if they are all in dark clothes you really can not see them until you are right up on them. It scares us every time because it is so dangerous.
      Keep the faith-better days are coming-they have to.
      Gail

Attachments:
    • Colleen
      Participant

Hi Adele,
      You will have to think of ways to make it fun for him to come to your house. He has to get use to being there. He is too young to feel like this. I think with you talking to him and making him feel more like things will be okay he will get better. It is so hard on young kids like that.
      It is hard having to miss all the different things that are going on right now. We have not gone to funerals or different places where there are people that we do not know. I will go to the store because we have to but I do keep my distance. We make a list and get in and out right away. We use hand sanitizer before we go in clean the cart handles and use hand sanitizer when we come out. We wipe everything down when we get home. That is all we can do. We do not get deliveries here. We live too far out.
      I got my flu shot and my arm is really sore. I felt a little down under the weather today so did not do much. My granddaughter lost her job so she is going to come here and clean. She needs money so she can feed and care for her baby.
      I hope that your back is better and you are doing okay. Have a good night and stay safe.
      Colleen

• Colleen
      Participant

Hi Gail,
      It just seems like the stores are not enforcing the rules. They are social distancing so that is good but they should wear a mask. Everyone that works wear a mask so they are obeying the rules that way.
      If we go into the hospital they take out temps and when I got my flu shot they took it then also. They ask all types of questions when you go to the doctors office but do not take your temp until we get into the exam room.
      That is so cute that Piper wrote you a letter. It makes you feel good to know that they are thinking of you. That is how I feel when Aliza sends me a text. It will be fun when she learns to spell.
      Kaylee is starting to do gymnastics. Melissa sent me a video of her walking on the balance beam and she was doing really good. I have to figure out how to enlarge it because it was really tiny and I could hardly see her face. She had a great time she loves gymnastics and has wanted to join a class for a long time. They are going to be stationed where they are for awhile. Since Ethan is going into high school they can stay there until he graduates. That is really nice he won’t have to transfer in the middle of his high school years.
      How are all your grands doing? Are they still doing school work on the computer? I hope that they are getting to do more thing now and not just trapped at the house all the time.
      Have a great night and stay safe.
      Colleen

• adele shanbar
      Participant

Hey Gailster snd everyone
      It sure is scary out there. Armed militias groups at the polls?? What is happening???? I am nit looking forward to Tuesday. I am praying the novena got a good outcome and peace at the polls. We need to take back our country any what America is. This is not us. We are good people who care about people.
      Today is first day of no prednisone. Praying it will be ok. It’s raining here bird supposed to snow a little over weekend. Seriously!?
      I am setting outside a test of bags of candy got a Halloween for any kids on the street who come by. Santino the little skunk will be by in the early afternoon. I hope so get done good pics!!
      I love the memes and pics everyone is posting. Here’s a pic of my soup.
      Tillie had been having an awful time with her belly no matter what I give her she is in the bathroom all day. Dr said that’s what happens at her age. Really awful for her She is getting disgusted.
      God help us all !
      I hope Sue posts and DD too. I miss our Miss Barbara
      Please everyone stay safe! Lol. Yes this was my first sin from Subway. Lol
      Luv u guys
      Adele

Attachments:
    • adele shanbar
      Participant

Hey lol. Here’s the soup

Attachments:
    • adele shanbar
      Participant

Omg Colleen!
      How did she loose her job? Dam. I will pray for her to find something that is safe.
      Amanda just started in training at Starbucks. Not sure if it’s drive through only. It is awful times
      Nobby still goes shopping once a week. But we sometimes can’t get everything so I order through Instacart.
      Our kids are remote only right now. The governor was on yesterday not good here. Things going up like crazy. They are suggesting limiting people at your house on. Thanksgiving and wear masks inside your house too. The people coming here already stop by here. Nobody new coming. Steph snd Aizen. Marissa Enzo snd his parents and sisters. I think they are still on the fence about coming. Not sure. I will be ok if they want to stay home. Awful times
      That’s so nice that Aluza sent you a letter. His adorable!!!!
      Poor Aizen’s little face is so sad when he hugs me.
      I just heard people were getting hypothermia in Nebraska at a rally for #45. Seriously?? God help us all
      Hope you feel better today
      Adele

• Colleen
      Participant

Hi Adele,
      Brook found another job. She now works at Wal-Mart. She went today for orientation and they gave her a schedule for the next two weeks. So she was really happy to get a job. I am not sure where she will be working there but she is making more money to start then she was making at Kentucky Fried. So this all worked out really well for her.
      My kids are all back in school again. They are really happy to be back. They check all the kids and they are doing fine. Aliza is wearing a mask now. At first she did not like them but now she doesn’t care. It took her awhile and she wears it all day at school.
      We will not wear masks here with just the family here. We will not have any extra people this year. It will seem strange because we are use to having other people here for the holidays.
      Aliza sends me texts it was Piper that sent Gail a letter. Yhat is cute that she did that. She put butterflies on the envelope which really means a lot to Gail. She loves butterflies.
      That is sad that Aizen is so sad. He may need to be around you more so he can get use to all of this. The more Steph keeps him away the harder it will be for him.
      Your soup looks really good. It is a shame we cannot reach thru the screen and get a taste. It would be a good meal with this cold and wet weather.
      I am sorry to hear that Tillie is sick all the time now. It is hard to be sick to your stomach all the time like that. I wish there was something she could eat that would not make her sick. I will be praying for her and Little Aizen
      Have a great night and stay safe.
      Colleen

• Gail Norusis
      Participant

Hi Colleen,
      The stores do not enforce the masks in some places because some people become really belligerent about it and the stores do not want those types of confrontation. It is sad that grown people won’t follow the rules.
      That is nice that Ethan will be able to go through all four years of high school in the same place. It is hard when the bigger kids have to move. I know Kim’s Dad was in the Air Force and she had to move a lot as a kid.
      I’m glad to hear your grands are back in school. Ours are not. They said they would look at it again at the end of the semester which coincides with winter break. I doubt they will be going back though. Our county just had to close bars and restaurants again as cases are rising and the numbers are above the necessary rate to keep things open. I hear places in Europe are having lock downs again. One of Jenny’s friends owns a local bar and I can only imagine how they must be struggling. At least now we are ordering carry out so I feel we are trying to support the local restaurants.
      I hope that you are not still feeling under the weather.
      I am so surprised that Brook lost her job. Maybe KFC is not doing enough business right now. I know around here they are looking for help everywhere and we can’t figure out why as so many are out of work but Greg says they are having trouble hiring right now too. Maybe because schools are out so some families have to have someone stay home with the kids instead of working? Anyway, it sounds like the WalMart job will be better for her anyway. So maybe it was one of those blessings in disguise. She is a brave young woman taking on the baby and working and trying to take classes too. Thank goodness she must have lots of help with the baby. Is Mandy still working at The Dollar Store? How have things been there? I heard when people couldn’t find things a lot of times they could find them at a dollar store.
      Does Grayson have a Halloween costume? I miss seeing the little ones in their costumes.
      Gail

Attachments:
    • Gail Norusis
      Participant

Hi Adele,
      We have already had some snow twice. It didn’t stay because the ground was still too warm but one came down in big flakes.
      Last year we had several inches on the ground for Halloween.
      We don’t get trick or treaters here so that won’t be an issue.
      don’t forget to get pictures of Sonny. I love to see the little ones in their outfits. The other day I ran across some photos of Kendall as a lobster when she was a baby. Made me smile.
      Can Tilly take some Immodium for her issues. Or eat some bananas-they are supposed to bind you. There must be something out there to help her.
      I had to laugh you said Nobby goes to the store weekly-meaning Bobby and it made me laugh as that reminded me of Dobby the house elf from Harry Potter. Don’t mind me. I am just weird but sometimes your typos are funnier than a joke. Also like a puzzle to read. I know-you aim to please. lol
      Maybe Enzos family will decide not to come. These things are easier for families that live in warmer climates. They can eat outdoors.
      Speaking of warmer climates my SIL said they are leaving for their place in Florida Saturday and will stay for a month. They were going to go down earlier in October but stayed home because their elderly dog wasn’t doing well. Since she has now passed they are going now. I think if i were them maybe I wouldn’t come back until spring rather than come back for December and go back after the new year but that’s just me. i guess maybe they are coming back to see his kids and grands over the holiday but i think they would have to quarantine for two weeks before they see anyone anyway. Oh well-what do I know?
      Did you hear in Finland I think it is they are experimenting using dogs in airports to sniff out covid. Dog’s sure do have magical noses. If their smell is so sensitive I wonder why they like stinky things so much. lol Another question that my inquiring goofy mind thought of. lol No wonder i am never bored-I have my crazy thoughts to keep me company.
      Last night the Moose Club was having a meat loaf dinner. We had called and ordered two dinners for carry out. It was really good and worth the ten dollars a meal. Plus when it’s a group like that I kind of consider it charity. I wish they had more dinners like that.
      Gail

Attachments:
    • Colleen
      Participant

Hi Gail,
      I is nice that they will be able to stay where they are until Ethan gets out of high school. I am not sure they did that before it is something new. Well new to us we had never heard of it before. It is sad when they pull kids out of school in the middle of their junior year or the middle of their senior year. It is so hard on he kids. Kim must have had a hard time moving like that.
      I feel bad for these small business owners. They keep closing them down they will not survive. We already lost one really good restaurant in the town close to us. They had to close they could not open for so long and they were new. They had really good food and it was a reasonable price. We have another restaurant in town but their food is really greasy and almost makes me sick. There has to be a way to help these places.
      Brook will be fine. She needed to get away from that place and work where she will have better hours. They are steady hours and she gets them ahead of time. She did not have a schedule like that at Kentucky Fried. I just hope that she likes it and can stay there for a long time. She had to quit school it was too much. Maybe she will be able to go back second semester and try again. She will have a better schedule and can work her classes around it.
      I am feeling better. It is always like that right after I get my flu shot. My arm is sore also.
      Mandy is working at the Dollar Store. When supplies start getting low at the store in St. Louis people come down here and shop at our stores. Mandy said that they had to put limits on items when they were doing that. She is hoping if they start that up again that people will not come down here. They will have to start to limit things again. She even had people that would come here from Illinois. It was funny because they had limits and they brought kids with them and tried to get over the limit by having their kids check things out. They got caught and Many had to tell them they could not do that they were going over the limit. The woman got mad but Mandy did not give in. She said that she did not want go thru that again.
      I am not sure what costume that they will have Grayson in. I am going to have to ask her. I cannot wait to see him. She will bring him to the house and I will give him baby food for his bag. Do you know what your grands are going to be for Halloween?
      Well that is all from here. Have a good night and stay safe.
      Colleen
      We

• Colleen
      Participant

Hi Gail,
      I is nice that they will be able to stay where they are until Ethan gets out of high school. I am not sure they did that before it is something new. Well new to us we had never heard of it before. It is sad when they pull kids out of school in the middle of their junior year or the middle of their senior year. It is so hard on he kids. Kim must have had a hard time moving like that.
      I feel bad for these small business owners. They keep closing them down they will not survive. We already lost one really good restaurant in the town close to us. They had to close they could not open for so long and they were new. They had really good food and it was a reasonable price. We have another restaurant in town but their food is really greasy and almost makes me sick. There has to be a way to help these places.
      Brook will be fine. She needed to get away from that place and work where she will have better hours. They are steady hours and she gets them ahead of time. She did not have a schedule like that at Kentucky Fried. I just hope that she likes it and can stay there for a long time. She had to quit school it was too much. Maybe she will be able to go back second semester and try again. She will have a better schedule and can work her classes around it.
      I am feeling better. It is always like that right after I get my flu shot. My arm is sore also.
      Mandy is working at the Dollar Store. When supplies start getting low at the store in St. Louis people come down here and shop at our stores. Mandy said that they had to put limits on items when they were doing that. She is hoping if they start that up again that people will not come down here. They will have to start to limit things again. She even had people that would come here from Illinois. It was funny because they had limits and they brought kids with them and tried to get over the limit by having their kids check things out. They got caught and Many had to tell them they could not do that they were going over the limit. The woman got mad but Mandy did not give in. She said that she did not want go thru that again.
      I am not sure what costume that they will have Grayson in. I am going to have to ask her. I cannot wait to see him. She will bring him to the house and I will give him baby food for his bag. Do you know what your grands are going to be for Halloween?
      Well that is all from here. Have a good night and stay safe.
      Colleen
      We

• Gail Norusis
      Participant

Happy Halloween! Don’t forget to get up at 2:00 A.M. to turn your clocks back. lol

Attachments:
    • Gail Norusis
      Participant

Closing this thread and starting a new one for November. See you all there.

• adele shanbar
      Participant

Hey Colleen
      Sorry I have not been on in a bit
      So glad Brook had a good job.
      I will pray she stays safe
      Our kids will not be back in school. It is getting real bad up here. We are even getting alerts to stay out of towns around us including ours. Spooking the hell out of me. I pray nobody gets sick. My friend Joanne had covid symptoms. She is calling her dr. She was sick over weekend but feels better today. A prayer for her please. She is Winnie’s sister. My friend who died
      Tillie is a little better. Her dr gave her a couple of things to take for her belly. They are coming tomorrow for her flu shot
      I’m in more prednisone. Please pray it works. I’m too scared to go for an MRI
      Hope u have a good day
      One stocking done on to another. Lol
      Adele

Attachments:
    • adele shanbar
      Participant

Hey Gailster
      I did hear about the covid dogs!
      Please read post to Colleen for all info.
      That was cool
      You got the dinner delivered. Way better than going out
      Our state just put more restrictions in place. No more than 0 people allowed in gatherings. Masks outside. Thus will impact baby’s Christenjng. She had 15 for church snd 25 for pizza
      Hope I have a good day
      Adelr

Viewing 105 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Share on Facebook
Facebook
Pin on Pinterest
Pinterest
Tweet about this on Twitter
Twitter
Email this to someone
email

Share this with a Smile
X Close
Watch QVC
top finds links QVC LIVE QVC PLUS QVC UK