Quacker Chat for December 20212021-12-02T13:27:20-05:00

Home Forums General Quacker Chatter Quacker Chat for December 2021

Viewing 29 reply threads
  • Author
      Participant

Hi All,
      Colleen, I am still praying for your brother and his family. It is heartbreaking to watch him suffer so. My heart goes out to your family. It’s so so hard to lose someone.
      I’m glad Kylie came to help with the decorating.
      I am doing everything backwards this year, wrapping,cards and then decorating. Usually I do it in the reverse order. I’m hoping to finish the wrapping today except for a few things that i haven’t received yet. Plus Greg is going into the plant tomorrow for the first time in almost two years and he can take my boxes for Brent and my sister and ship them UPS for me from there. I’m still missing a couple items from Brent’s box but I can send them later.
      Last year i didn’t take out my Christmas dishes but i hope to this year-even though we have used paper plates the last few years for Christmas. We’ll see what happens.
      Kim used to make that ooey gooey butter cake because Brent really likes it. I think it’s more a southern thing as she was from the south but I had never heard of it before her-even though my parents lived in Louisiana-i somehow missed that.
      DD, your pictures are so pretty and nostalgic. I’m glad that you had Critt to have Thanksgiving with.
      We got our boosters right before Thanksgiving. I think those shots are going to be in our futures forever. I don’t care as long as they keep us safe.
      I will never understand what is the big reluctance to get them. Greg has an old friend who lives in Idaho who he and his wife are big anti government and anti vaxxers and think Dr. Fauci is the devil. I personally think they’re the ones who are crazy. They were always a little odd but now it’s getting extreme. I really don’t want to have anything to do with them but it’s hard for Greg as this is his childhood friend and he just doesn’t see all the craziness that I see in them. He just sees it as his quirky friend just getting a little quirkier-but I think he’s a nut case now.
      Adele, you had a lot of dishes to put away. it’s like they tried to use every dish in the house. lol
      I’m sure it looks very pretty when things are all set up though.
      Those days are long gone in my house.
      That last school shooting took place in Michigan not Missouri where Colleen lives. I better send you that map I bought for you ages ago and never sent. lol Seeing those kids on the news this morning made me cry. What a tragedy for those families and all the other kids who will be traumatized by this occurrence. And then the kid goes to court and pleads not guilty when there has to be lots of eye witnesses. Sometimes i wonder about our system of law.
      I hope everyone and their loved ones are healthy and preparing for this most glorious of seasons.
      Gail

Attachments:
    • adele shanbar
      Participant

Hey Gailster
      Another child died today. I know there are a few in critical condition. I pray they survive.
      How many children have to die before we get more stringent gun laws? It takes more to get a license to drive a car than get a gun. Seriously?
      I know I am more sensitive because I lost my daughter. But, I bawled my eyes out when the kids were murdered at Sandy Hook. Every time I looked at JJ for the rest of that holiday season I felt guilty we had him. I still donate to them, and always will
      Yes, it did seem every Temptations serving piece, plus ones from the China pattern were used!! I kept telling them you cook AND serve in Temptations!! Lol
      I am behind in Christmas decorating. My back went nuts after Thanksgiving dinner. I can no longer sit in my dining room chairs. I’ll have to set up a kitchen one in there for me!! When I got up, I could barely walk. I went back on the walker, and the pain was so bad yesterday, I had to do prednisone again. I’m doing it for 5 more days.
      It is what it is, as I say. I will be very careful with decorating. I will have to tone it down.
      Hope you got everything done!
      I will start my cards this weekend, I hope!!
      Attaching a pic of the scissor case I did for Pina. The velvet for the stocking came today, it’s on the stretcher…..so I hope to finish that too!! God help my back lol. Lol
      Adele

Attachments:
    • Colleen
      Participant

Hi Gail,
      We really appreciate all the prayers. We all are praying for my brothers wife she has been going thru a lot. I do not see how she does it. At least she has hospice there to help her. They come in at least three times a week for now but will come in more when she needs them. She is a registered nurse but has more credits because she has taken a lot more courses. She was going to be a nurse practitioner but did not finish or she decided not to do it. I cannot remember what happened.
      I have been trying to find something for Grayson and just could not think of anything. Then I remembered that he loves to play with the tractors that we have here. He does not have any toy tractors at home so we will get him one of his own. I want to find one that makes noise and he can pretend like it is a real tractor. He has been wanting Ron to take him for a ride on his big tractor but it is not running so he has to wait until it is fixed.
      We have had gooey butter cakes here for a long time. They are a St. Louis thing. I still really like them and every once in awhile will buy one. They also make the gooey butter cookies now and we really like them. It is easier to eat and not raise my sugar because I can eat just one.
      Ron has a cousin that has covid and she has all the shots that we are supposed to take. She will never come home from the hospital so he will not get the shot.
      Well that is about all from here. Have a great night and stay safe.
      Colleen

• Colleen
      Participant

Hi Ladies,
      My brother died this morning. I will not be on here for awhile. I just wanted to let you know that I will not be on here.
      Colleen

• adele shanbar
      Participant

Dearest Colleen
      I am terribly sorry about your brother. Please take care of yourself and your SIL
      Prayers sent
      Luv u
      Adele

• Gail Norusis
      Participant

Colleen,
      Hugs and prayers coming your way.
      I am so sorry to hear this news.
      Gail

• Gail Norusis
      Participant

Hello Everyone,
      The holidays are approaching quickly. This year I did everything backwards. Wrapped first, cards then decorating. So i will be finishing cards today I hope and able to start decorating this weekend. I had most of my shopping done before Thanksgiving. But no matter how early I start something has to come in last. lol
      My sister already emailed me that she got her box of gifts and Brent did too. I still have two more things to get sent to Brent’s house. They weren’t here in time to get them in the big box. I have a couple last minute straggler gifts to wrap but i can knock them out in no time. I like to wrap but I also use some of those bags that the Q sells. Quick and pretty too. I had one giant box for Jenny and a giant one for Greg too that I had to order special bags for from Amazon. Thank goodness for Amazon. Since the pandemic they are my best friends.
      The weather here is supposed to be unseasonably warm by the middle of next week. That will be a good time to do my outside decor. I hope we get some sunshine with the rising temps too. The gray days just really get to me. They make me feel sleepy all day long. Plus when it’s gray none of the solar lights work well.
      Last Saturday night we went out to eat at a seafood place with Jenny and Ricky. It’s nice to do adult stuff with our children sometimes. The grands were at their Dad’s so Jenny was free for the weekend. Fortunately their Dad lives right in town too so there’s no traveling involved.
      When we got home Jenny called me and told me she had seen on Facebook where our old neighbor’s son had died.
      We went to the visitation on Tuesday and found out that he died of covid. I kind of suspected it might have been that since he was only 59 and in good health. His step mother told me he wasn’t vaccinated and I had kind of figured that knowing the type of guy his Dad was and that he was like his father in many ways. It was just so sad because it didn’t have to be that way.
      Piper has a birthday coming up so she made sure to text me a link for a gift that she would like. I love my efficient grand daughter. lol
      We are going tonight to see a guy that sings in the style of John Denver do a Christmas concert so we’re looking forward to that.
      Gail

Attachments:
    • adele shanbar
      Participant

Hey Gailster
      You are getting things done for the holiday,and that’s are greet!
      I’m going to start wrapping today 😩
      Sorry about your neighbor. So senseless to die from a decision not to get a vaccine I just don’t get it. What is wrong with people?
      Hoping you have a good day
      I hope Vollennus ok. So sad her brother is gone
      Aldo hope DD is ok!
      Adele

• Colleen
      Participant

Hi Ladies,
      I cannot believe that Christmas is next week. It sure did come up fast. I still have a couple of things to buy and then I will be ready. I hope that all of you are ready. Does everyone have plans for the day? All the kids are coming here for the day.
      Gail, Will Brent be coming home for Christmas? Will Jenny and the kids be coming to your home? I hope that you have them there or you go to Jenny’s. How have you been doing? I bet the kids are ready for Santa. I know mine is ready. The little ones want to see what Santa will bring them.
      Adele, I hope you feel ok. Will you be well enough to have Christmas dinner? I am praying that you will. I hope that the rest of the family is doing ok. How is you little baby doing. Your little Sonny.
      DD, I hope that you are going to have Christmas dinner with Critt or your friend? I hope that you do. I still do not have all my decorations up. I think that I will stop for now. I cannot find my Christmas wreath for the door. I have one of the frosted ones from Bethlehem lights. It is really pretty but it does drop the white stuff off still.
      Well that is all from here. Have a great night and stay safe.
      Colleen

• adele shanbar
      Participant

Hi Colleen and everyone
      There will not be any Christmas for me this year. I was told it is two weeks from the day you tested positive to be free and clear or transmitting the virus. So nobody is coming
      I’ll try to attach pics of all the wrapping I did before I got sick
      I am coughing less, but the wheezing at night has been awful!
      Today I woke up feeling nauseous and just sick to my stomach. Dr said it goes like that…. One day better, snd one day worst
      I don’t think Bobby will cook or eat with us if I cook. He is going to rent a house for the next week because he is paranoid he will get it. He will check in here with Tillie every day after work before he goes there. We can’t go near her. I pray every day that nobody gets it from me. It’s not easy.
      I go from being sad to mad when I think about Christmas. We will leave the tree up until people feel comfortable coming here to celebrate. It’s the best we can do for now
      Hope your day is going well and you find your wreath!!
      Adele

Attachments:
    • Colleen
      Participant

Hi Adele,
      I am so sorry that you will not have Christmas dinner at your house. It will be nice even if you have to wait a week or two. You will be able to have them all there then and have a great celebration.
      It seems like coughing and wheezing. It must be from laying down and that brings that all up. It happens to me when I have a cold. I really hope this over with quicker then they think.
      That is shame that Bobby is afraid to be around you. Was he there when they found out that you have it? If he was then isn’t he already exposed. I guess I am still not over not seeing my brother for such a long time and the we find out he has cancer. I guess that I will never get over this.
      It will be a good idea to leave the tree up. It will keep you cheered up and that is a good thing.
      Have a great night and stay safe.
      Colleen

• adele shanbar
      Participant

Hey Colleen
      I am so down over Christmas. Nit fun having covid. I get a little better snd then get worst. Just not going away. Dr said is normal gif elderly people. Can take more than a month to go away
      I’m so sorry you did not see your brother much before he died. That’s awful snd leaves you feeling bad about it
      Bobby was here when he going out and immediately wore a mask snd came nowhere near me
      I just hope nobody gets it. Especially Tillie. I would die if I gave it to her!
      You will have a great time with your new Itty Bitty this year!! Take some pics!
      I’ll try to load the other pic if the wrapped gifts
      Have s add good weekend!
      Adele

• Gail Norusis
      Participant

Hi Everyone,
      Has anyone heard from DD? I haven’t seen her post anything or gotten an email for a long time it seems.
      Colleen, you will have a new baby to spoil this Christmas.
      Adele, just take it day by day. We don’t bounce back as fast.
      I don’t think of myself as elderly but I guess I am. lol
      I haven’t been on here much as I have trying to finish up last minute Christmas things.
      The decorating has taken me forever this year. We still have the trees to do and i am hoping we can get that done tomorrow. Greg will do one if I ask him and I will do the other. It always gets done in the end somehow.
      I have a hair appointment but it’s tomorrow afternoon. So I can get stuff done in the morning.
      The kids will be coming here for Christmas as long as everyone can stay healthy. Piper’s school had 200 kids out-not all with covid but many having to stay home because they were in contact with the person with covid. It’s going to be a mess after Christmas with all the people traveling.
      We went to a concert on Friday and out to eat for Christmas with another couple on Saturday and after that we are going to lay low for awhile and stay home with the Omicron variant just spreading like wildfire. I wonder which one you caught Adele?
      I think we will be getting shots every six months for the rest of our lives. I don’t mind if it keeps me from getting sick.
      Brent will be staying home for Christmas and coming out in the spring. I don’t mind since we just saw him two months ago. I would rather see them when the weather is nicer and we can get out and do things anyway.
      I am trying to make a simpler meal this year with fewer items since the kids don’t eat all that much anyway. I want to enjoy the day and not worry too much about cooking.
      Gail

Attachments:
    • adele shanbar
      Participant

Hey Gailster!!
      No we don’t heal fast at all. I was told today that I could continue having these weirdo symptoms for months.
      This weeks is the dry heaves in the am. Also dealing with the diaphragm making me slick to my stomach and feel like I am choking. The nurse explained that covid attacks the lungs. They take a long time to heal and the diaphragm gets involved every time I bend over or put my head down, I feel like I am choking. Fun. Fun. Fun!! I
      It going to be a weird holiday. At least we are all alive. I guess the kids will get two Christmas celebrations!!
      I’ll take another covid test on Friday. Please say a prayer I will be negative!!
      I heard from DD. She is ok. She did not say much. I was hoping we’d hear more from her. I worry about her.
      I hope everyone has a wonderful Christmas and New Years!!
      So awful the warehouse in Penn had a fire! That was awful
      Adele

• Colleen
      Participant

Hi Gail,
      I am glad that you were able to get out and have dinner and go to a concert. Sounds like you had a really good time. I just hope that you had a great time Sounds like fun to me.
      I cannot wait to see the kids on Christmas. My oldest grand daughter is coming over to morrow and my nephew and his family. It will be nice to see him. I have not seen his boys since they were really little and now they are in 5th and 6th grade. So it will be interesting to see them. They will be so different.
      Thank-you for the card that you sent. I really appreciate it.
      Colleen

• adele shanbar
      Participant

Hey everyone!!!
      I tested negative!!! Best Christmas present ever!!!

Merry Christmas to all!!!

Love ya!
      Adele

• Colleen
      Participant

Merry Christmas to every one. I hope you have a blessed day and can spend the day with friends and family.
      Colleen

• adele shanbar
      Participant

Well said,Colleen!

Ditto. Ditto. Ditto……

Merry and Safe Christmas to everyone!
      God bless us everyone!

Love. Adele

• Dianne Danielson
      Participant

Hi Ladies,
      I hope everyone had a wonderful Christmas. I know Adele did, when she tested negative! I spent a quiet day. Critt wasn’t feeling well so we didn’t have Christmas dinner. We had it Sunday instead.
      I’m gonna start putting some things away pretty soon. I have a yearly inspection coming up in Jan. so I gotta get busy. They didn’t do it last this yr because of the shutdown.
      I’m not sure if you’ve heard but we’re in the middle of an Arctic blast & we’ve had some snow, but just enough for a dusting, & making travel a nightmare. We haven’t had enough to make a good snowball. (pun intended) lol. No big snow storms in the future, just bitter COOOOLD temps, for this part of the country. The mts are getting hammered out here. The skiers, snowboarders should be happy. Sometimes I think a big snowapacalpse (sp) would be better than this dusting. It melts during the day, then freezes over at night. I’m so glad I don’t have to be out in it. I have plenty of food so I won’t go hungry.
      I took pics of my tree & decorations I just gotta figure out how to get em on here.
      Well, that’s all I have for now. Stay safe & stay well. And have a safe & HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!
      dd

Attachments:
    • adele shanbar
      Participant

Hi DD
      So good to hear from you
      I’m glad Critt felt better on Sunday so you could have a celebration!!
      I did hear it was cold out your way. I thought you got more snow than a dusting. We have had ice over the holiday. No snow to speak of.
      It looks gloomy all the time over here. It drizzles ice we need to see the sun
      I’ll keep the decorations up until the kids come over to open their presents. They were going to come Thursday. But Enzo’s cousin had another family member with covid. So Msrissa has to wait snd test again to make sure they don’t have it
      It seems like everyone up here is sick. Two more of the shops we deal with are closed die to vivid this eeek. It’s bad up here.
      It was the loneliest holiday. Just me snd Gary. But Zi was glad I tested negative!! We binge watched Tav shows. Lol
      Hope you stay safe!!
      Happy New Yesr!!
      Adele
      Ps. I got your pretty card!! Thank you!

• Gail Norusis
      Participant

Hi Everyone,
      DD, it’s good to hear from you. One of the pictures that you posted is the same that’s on one of my Christmas cards. That’s funny.
      I’m glad that you and Critt were able to have dinner the day after Christmas.
      Adele, It was a quiet Christmas but at least everyone was healthy. I wonder what varient you had the delta or omicron-that omicron is spreading like wildfire.
      We had a good Christmas here. Dinner was nice and everyone seemed to enjoy their gifts. There was only one problem. Christmas eve I hurt my knee and was in a lot of pain. Friday night I couldn’t even get up the stairs to go to bed. So I slept flat on my back on the couch. It hurt too much to lay in either side. I woke up at two in the morning to go to the bathroom and it took me 20 minutes to get up off the couch. Thank goodness i have a walking stick to help prop myself up. So Christmas was kind of uncomfortable as I was in pain. The standing and walking wasn’t too bad so I could prepare stuff but the sitting down and getting up hurt like the dickens. I’m glad that I had a pretty simple meal planned and Greg and Jenny helped with what they could so all in all everything was okay.
      I was pretty sure that I had a Bakers cyst and i was able to see my rheumatologist late this morning and he confirmed it and gave me a shot of cortisone in my knee. So it takes awhile for the full benefits but I feel somewhat better already.
      No taking down decorations here until after January 6th. Plus i just finished getting them all up last week so I want to enjoy them for awhile. There’s no rush and it’s nice to have the lights in this dark gray weather.
      Greg drove me to the doctor’s today and I’m glad that he did as it started snowing and the drive back was slippery. So we do have a white after Christmas. At least the kids are still off school to enjoy it.
      I think it’s time for a nap now.
      Gail

Attachments:
    • Colleen
      Participant

Hi DD,
      It is really good hearing from you. I am so glad that you and Crit got to celebrate Christmas together on Sunday. It is nice that you did not have to miss it altogether. I am glad that Crit is better also.
      We are having to have cold weather here again. I hope that your Artic storm is over soon. I guess that it will be awhile before it is over because of it is winter now and it is supposed to be cold. We have had a lot of rain but no snow. I love the snow and wish that we would get some. I would love to take Grayson out in the yard and make snow men and angels. He would love to do it.
      The pictures that you posted are really pretty. I love the old houses.
      Colleen

• Colleen
      Participant

Hi DD,
      It is really good hearing from you. I am so glad that you and Crit got to celebrate Christmas together on Sunday. It is nice that you did not have to miss it altogether. I am glad that Crit is better also.
      We are having to have cold weather here again. I hope that your Artic storm is over soon. I guess that it will be awhile before it is over because of it is winter now and it is supposed to be cold. We have had a lot of rain but no snow. I love the snow and wish that we would get some. I would love to take Grayson out in the yard and make snow men and angels. He would love to do it.
      The pictures that you posted are really pretty. I love the old houses.
      Colleen

• Colleen
      Participant

Hi Gail,
      I am so sorry to hear that you hurt your knee. That must have been miserable. It was nice that Greg and Jenny helped you with the meal. It is hard to get up and down when you are hurting. That is terrible to have to go to the restroom and can’t get up. I hope that the shot helped.
      I love the memes that you posted. I like baby Yoda eating Elf on the shelf. They are hard to keep up with. I also like the one about the toddler it is really funny and oh so true.
      Do you have any plans for New Years eve? We are going to stay at home and do nothing. We have had company here since the Wednesday before Christmas and I think that we will just collapse after they are all gone.
      I will not take anything down until the 6th of January. I always hate to take things down. The house looks so empty and I need to find something to make the house cheerful.
      Well that is all from here. Have a great night and stay safe.
      Colleen

• Colleen
      Participant

DD, Gail, Adele,
      Thank-you for the cards. I could not get get it together and get cards sent out. I am hoping that next year things go better. I hope everyone has a Happy New Year
      Colleen

• adele shanbar
      Participant

Hey Gailster!!
      That’s awful about your knee. Does it take a long time to heal? Any injury at our ages seems to take so much longer to heal
      You know, I realize the daily count on the virus is wrong. They are nit getting all the positives from the home testing. There should be a way to log those into the computer to count them. Do , can you imagine how many more cases there are?? Scary
      Tomorrow Marissa may come over with Puna and Enzo’s sisters to open presents. It all depends on whether or not they are all negative. That’s because Enzo’s cousins who were sick before Christmas, their SIL is now sick. I swear, everybody is going to eventually be sick. So scary!! It is bad up here.
      I’m glad we heard from DD!!
      Hope your day goes well.
      Hope everyone has a safe New Years Eve!!
      Adele

• adele shanbar
      Participant

Hey Colleen!!
      You are entirely welcome gif the cards. I didn’t do any last year, cause I just could not after Heather died. It was hard this year too, because I had to write a note she was gone to do many people who had no idea she had died. At least I won’t have to do thst again! It was painful to write she was gone, card after card.
      I’m hoping Marissa can come tomorrow to open presents. We shall see😵‍💫🥴😩🎄!!
      I hope your weather gets better, so it will come this way! It has been so gloomy and rainy with ice mixed in. Just plain ugly!
      Have a safe New Years!!
      Adele

• Dianne Danielson
      Participant

Hi Ladies,
      HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!
      Well another year is behind us. GOOD RIDDANCE!! Let’s hope & pray 2022 is better for all of us!!
      NYE is Diane’s b/day, but she didn’t feel like going out due to the bitter cold temps. The little snow we got is long gone now. The snow they predicted turned to rain & washed it away. But the temps dropped into the 20s overnight so it’s coooooold. The mts are getting hammered with snow & no one’s complaining. The rain returns tomorrow night & will stick around all week from the sounds of it.
      Omicron is exploding out here. Again the symptoms are similar to a regular cold etc.
      I took the tree down today. Snowball wasn’t too happy about that. She’d get under it & curl up & go to sleep. Surprisingly enough she didn’t disturb the ornaments like I & thought she might. If one fell she’d play with it briefly then ignore it. I put mostly dollar Tree stuff on the tree, including ornaments on the bottom.
      Well, I guess that’s all for now. Take care, stay safe, stay well.
      dd & Snowball

Attachments:
    • adele shanbar
      Participant

Hi DD !!
      It’s so empty when you take the tree down. You really miss the lights at night
      Mine is still up with all the presents around it.
      Marissa goes for a covid test again today. She was near relatives on Christmas who are now sick. Her father got sick two days ago and her grandfather got sick yesterday. Besides them, one of the twins’ friends, and Enzo’s cousins in-laws. His cousins had covid before the holidays.
      On this street, at least 3 families were sick that I know of. It’s nuts up here. Every day you hear of someone else who is sick
      Very scary times.
      Found out last night that Gary’s sons family is now sick too. So far, it is Rachel and her boyfriend. Also his brothers family…. our great-niece and her fiancé
      Your weather sounds like ours. We have not seen the sun in weeks! So gloomy and dark. Covid is depressing enough without the dark skies!
      I hope your weather gets better soon and comes this way!!!
      Luv u
      Adele
      PS. Love your pics of your decorations!!

• Gail Norusis
      Participant

Starting new thread for January

Viewing 29 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Share on Facebook
Facebook
Pin on Pinterest
Pinterest
Tweet about this on Twitter
Twitter
Email this to someone
email

Share this with a Smile
X Close
Watch QVC
top finds links QVC LIVE QVC PLUS QVC UK