Pumpkin Spice Chex Mix Recipe
• 8 tablespoons (113g) unsalted butter melted
• ½ cup (100g) packed brown sugar
• 2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
• 4 cups (139g) Corn Chex (see note)
• 4 cups (169g) Cinnamon Chex
• 3 cups (142g) pretzel twists
• 2 cups (195g) pecan halves
• 1 cup (182g) candy corn
• 1 cup (170g) white chocolate chips
• Stir together brown sugar with melted butter and pumpkin pie spice.
• Place cereal, pretzels, and pecans in the bottom of a 5-7 quart slow cooker. Tip: use a slow cooker liner to help with easy clean-up.
• Pour butter mixture over the top and toss to coat.
• Cover and cook on low, stirring every 20 minutes, until mixture is hot and coated, about 1 to 1 ½ hours. Be sure to stir it well. Turn hot mix out onto a cookie sheet and let cool. Toss candy corn AND WHITE CHOCOLATE CHIPS into cooled mix.
• Store in an airtight container for up to 5 days.
• You can use any Chex cereal you want. You need 4 cups of a plain version (rice, corn or wheat) and 4 cups of the flavored version (Cinnamon but you can also use plain, chocolate, honey nut or any flavor).
• Use a slow cooker liner for easy clean up.
• Not all slow cookers cook the same – some are hotter in some spots. Make sure to stir it every 20 minutes so it doesn’t burn in the hot spots.
• Oven Directions: In step 4, bake in the oven for about 45 minutes at 250°, stirring every 15 minutes.
• Microwave Directions: In step 4, microwave the mix for 5-6 minutes stirring every 30 seconds in step
(This recipe was acquired from crazyforcrust.com)