• 1 cup (200 g) granulated sugar
• 1 cup (210 g) light brown sugar
• ¼ cup (56 g) unsalted butter, cut into pieces
• ½ cup (120 ml) whole milk
• 1 tablespoon light corn syrup – Note 1
• 1 ½ cups (175 g) chopped pecans
• 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
• ½ teaspoon salt
• Combine coconut milk, the fresh juice of two limes, crushed ice, sugar and rum in a blender. Blend until smooth.
• To rim the glasses, dip the rim into lite corn syrup and then into a dish of toasted coconut flakes. Garnish with a fresh wedge of lime.
• Pour your cocktails into the glasses.
You can leave out the alcohol to make a virgin version for kids or those who don’t want to drink alcohol. Without the rum, it’s similar to a Brazilian lemonade.
Fresh lime juice makes a huge difference in this recipe, so go with fresh instead of from concentrate.