• 6 pounds peaches, washed (about 20-22 medium peaches)
• 2 1/4 cup sugar
• 1/2 cup flour
• 1 teaspoon cinnamon
• 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
• 1/4 cup lemon juice
• Peel, pit, and slice peaches. Rinse and drain peaches.
• Combine sugar, flour, and spices in saucepan. Stir peaches into sugar mixture. Let stand about 30 minutes until juices begin to flow.
• Add lemon juice. Cook over medium heat until mixture begins to thicken.
• Ladle pie filling into 2 or 3 can-or-freeze jars or freezer bags .
• Cool at room temperature no more than 2 hours and then freeze.
The amount of jars or freezer bags depends on what size pies you normally make and how full you like them, I did 2.
When Ready to Bake: Thaw in fridge and then pour into a pie crust and cover with a second crust. Cut slits in top crust. Bake at 350 degrees for 45 mins. or until crust is golden brown.