-3 c. cake flour
-¼ tsp. salt
-1/4 tsp. baking powder
-4 lg eggs + 2 egg yolks
-22 Tbsp. butter, room temp ( salted butter)
-8 oz. cream cheese, room temp
-1/4 c. milk
-2 tsp. vanilla
-1/2 tsp. lemon
-1/2 tsp. almond extract
-2 Tbsp butter melted ( for greasing pan)
-1 ½ Tbsp flour. ( for greasing pan)
1) Combine 2 Tbsp of melted butter and 1 ½ tbsp of flour to make a paste. Brush inside a 12c. or larger bundt pan. Set aside. Preheat oven to 325.
2) Whisk or sift together the first 3 dry ingredients.
3) Cream butter, cream cheese, sugar, 2 egg yolks until nice and fluffy.
4) Add in the other 4 eggs on at a time.
5) Add flour, alternating with milk in 3 additions, into creamed batter. I stir in the last addition. No need to overbeat the batter.
6) Bake 50 mins then start testing with a toothpick or cake tester. ( may take 10 more mins) Top of cake should be nice and brown with cracks on top of the cake. I always test in valleys of those top cracks, tester should come out just clean.
7) Cool 15 mins. Un mold and dive in. So good warm!