Blackberry Rum Cocktails Recipe
Blackberry Simple Syrup
• 1 ¼ cup water
• ¾ cups sugar
• 2 tablespoons lime juice
• 3 lime wedges
• 1 cup fresh blackberries
• 2-3 drops black food coloring
• Blackberry Simple Syrup
• Bacardi Superior Rum
• Lime wedges
• Ice cubes
• Lemon-Lime Soda
To make the syrup
• In a heavy bottomed pot, heat the sugar, blackberries, lime wedges, lime juice, and water over medium-high heat.
• Simmer for 10 minutes.
• Remove from heat, smash blackberries, and add black food coloring.
• Allow to cool for 10 minutes, then pour through a mesh strainer into a bowl or cup.
• Store in a sealed container in the refrigerator.
To make the cocktail
• For one cocktail, add 1 ounce of the blackberry simple syrup, 1 ½ ounces of the rum and a squeeze a wedge of fresh lime into to a cocktail shaker with ice; shake vigorously.
• Strain into a glass with fresh ice.
• Top with about 3-5 ounces of soda then garnish with a fresh blackberry and a lime wedge.
Big Batch Recipe
• Combine 2 cups rum, ½ cup fresh lime juice, 1 and ½ cups simple syrup, and 2 cups soda. Stir and serve in pitcher or bowl with ice, blackberries and a few lime wedges. Makes 8 cocktails.
(This recipe was acquired from theseasidebaker.com)