Black Widow Cocktail Recipe
• For Devilish Blackberry Juice
• 2 quarts of fresh blackberries or 2 (16 ounce) packages of frozen berries
• 1/2 cup of water
• For Spooky Simple Syrup
• 1 cup water
• 1 cup sugar
• For Black Widow Cocktail
• 6 oz blackberry juice
• 1 oz simple syrup
• 2 oz vodka
• blackberries for garnish (frozen or fresh)
To make blackberry juice:
• Thoroughly rinse or thaw berries and place them into a saucepan with water. Bring to a boil. Reduce the heat and let simmer for about 5-10 mins, until all the blackberries are softened.
• Remove from heat and mash the blackberries with a potato masher. Pour the juice into a bowl or jar through a large wire mesh strainer or a milk bag. Discard the pulp. Store the juice in the refrigerator for up to 3 days in an air tight container. Or process in a waterbath canner for about 10 minutes in mason jars.
To make simple syrup:
• Combine sugar and water in a medium saucepan and bring to a boil. Continually stir until the sugar has completely dissolved. Promptly remove from heat and allow syrup to cool. Syrup can be stored in a glass jar for up to 1 month in the refrigerator.
Black Widow Cocktail:
• To make this spooky sip, combine blackberry juice, simple syrup, vodka and ice in a lowball glass. Stir and drink at your own risk. Garnish with blackberries.
(This recipe was acquired from evermine.com)