What’s Happening? -May 20232023-05-01T11:00:28-04:00

Home Forums General Quacker Chatter What’s Happening? -May 2023

Viewing 42 reply threads
  • Author
      Participant

Hi Everyone,
      It’s May! Hopefully we will get some warming temperatures. it has been a chilly April. Greg’s golf league is cancelled today because of cold and rain.
      Today is Jenny’s birthday-my May Day baby!
      My SIL is starting to wonder why the heck they came back from Florida.
      That is awful about Carolyn’s parents. i will say prayers.
      Something similar happened to my sister’s inlaws years ago. It takes a lot longer to bounce back when you are elderly.
      Adele, you must have dropped Facebook because I remember you used to see Jenny’s pics on there.
      I have never been on it but Greg is so he keeps me informed. lol
      He’s on a Harvard Facebook page so he is always reading me the local gossip.
      Adele, I hope you are feeling better soon. Pamper yourself.
      Greg and I had never seen the movie Goddfellas before so we finally watched it yesterday. We are probably the last people in America to ever see it. It’s been a movie watching weekend as it was cold and damp. Saturday we watched The Boss with Melissa McCarthy. She can always make me laugh.
      Gail

Attachments:
    • adele shanbar
      Participant

Hey Gailster
      Happy May everyone. We’re approaching Tillies birthday, and anniversary of her death. May8th and May12th. I can’t believe it’s been a whole year. This will be the first Mothers Day without her and Gary. The 3rd without Heather. Life goes on
      I got off Facebook when they let #45 and all his friends spout all their lies and people were believing him. As such, I do not belong to any social media because of all the nastiness. I am only on here
      I’m still miserable today, but a title better than yesterday. Today I have no voice. I bet my son is thrilled. Lol😱😵‍💫
      Hope everyone is good The sun just came out up here. That’s always good!
      Adele

• Dianne Danielson
      Participant

HI Gail,
      I was going to send you an email with pics, but your name didn’t pop up when I went to address the email. It did before, & Adele’s did as well as Colleen’s. It’s so weird. Do you have gmail anymore?
      Even when I tried typing it in it wouldn’t correct it.
      Maybe Adele can forward the pics of my dishes. Have you seen the new pattern from Temptations called All A Flutter, butterflies?? I got a set of dishes & a few more things of the pattern. It’s so beautiful I couldn’t resist it.
      Our weather has cooled down since the weekend but it isn’t raining, yet.
      dd

• Dianne Danielson
      Participant

HI Ladies,
      Here are the pics I tried sending earlier.
      dd

Attachments:
    • adele shanbar
      Participant

Hey DD
      The pics loaded here. I can still send thrm via email if you want me too
      Adele

• Gail Norusis
      Participant

Hi Everyone,
      DD thanks for the picks of the dishes. I have some flameless candles that she made with that pattern. They are very pretty.
      Adele, you should get on the QVC boards. They can’t talk about politics or religion or anything controversial over there so it is pretty nice.
      Actually I hear lots of news over there. Someone will post it before I even hear about it.
      Did you hear about the pile up down in the mid section of Il. There was a dust cloud and like 70 vehicles piled up over two miles of road. I’ve never seen anything like that.
      So DWTS is coming back to ABC. That’s interesting. I wonder if it had something to do with Tyra not executive producing anymore or if they lost a ton of viewership.
      I wonder how long the screen writers strike will last. If it’s long we’ll have tons of reruns and maybe reality and game shows.
      I hope Colleen will drop in with an update soon.
      Gail

• adele shanbar
      Participant

Hey Gailster
      Me too. I think Coleen has computer issues. At least I hope so, cause at our ages you get concerned
      Has it been 2 years since Barbara and Sue passed? That was devastating! Totally unexpected
      It’s still raining up here. Supposed to be nice this weekend. I’m dying to put out my fake flowers on the deck lol. Lol. This will be a first.
      I have at least 2 tiny baby bunnies in the yard. They are very fast, and I have not been able to get a pic of them from the security camera
      I will watch DWTS again. I was on strike because they went to a pay streaming Chanel….even though we have that Chanel. Tillie used to love that show
      Hope everyone’s weather is better w all need some sun
      Adele

• Gail Norusis
      Participant

Hi Adele,
      Yes, Sue passed away two years ago and I think Barbara was before that but I just can’t quite remember. it seems like maybe Barbara passed away before covid-is that possible?
      Both were so unexpected and sad.
      it’s still hard to believe that you and i never received an acknowledgement for the flowers we sent for Barbara.
      it surprises me that even if her husband was not up to it that one of the kids or their wives wouldn’t have sent a thank you. I remember that you communicated with the oldest son’s wife a bit. I hope they are all doing well after their loss. The worst was her not being able to spend much time with her grand baby.
      I think our better weather will be heading your way soon.
      It’s nice to feel the warm sun again.
      You know it’s also hard to believe that it is now just a bit over three years since all the covid lock downs when we were all so frightened because we had no idea what would or could possibly happen. It’s kind of funny when you think about it now we didn’t know if the world as we knew it was coming to an and and people were thinking about hoarding toilet paper. lol
      I know that will be a big event in the lives of today’s young people just like the assassination of JFK was big in our lives and having to hid under our desks for bomb drills.
      We have some pretty trees blooming in our front yard and pretty soon we will have lilacs and lily of the valley and then in June peonies. All those spring flowers are my favorites but they last for only a short time. Tonight we are having the first fresh asparagus of spring with dinner. Yum!
      It’s been a sad week for Greg first one of his favorite singers Gordon Lightfoot died and last night was the last episode of the Goldberg’s-one of Greg’s favorites. lol He felt old when he had to go into the office and he mentioned about Gordon Loghtfoot and no one knew who he was. lol
      At least we got to see him live once about 7 or 8 years ago.
      Gail

• adele shanbar
      Participant

Gailster
      Tell Greg I remember them. I liked them.
      The pandemic anniversary goes with Heathers death. 2020. She died 4 months into it. I lost a few friends too, and parents of customers of ours. I was sending edible arrangements every month!
      I was also surprised we did not get a thank you from Barbara’s family. That was not like them, from what Barbara said
      The tree I planted that replaced the big birch has starting to bloom. I have lily of the valley all over the border on that side of the house. Thats coming back too
      The Goldbergs ending was sad. aA Million Little Things was way worst! I cried at the end. They did a nice job with that one
      I saved the Goldberg segment when they did the death of the grandfather. It was so similar to my family in how each one dealt with his death. They had each of my granddaughters down pat, and I was Beverly. It was eerily close to all of us. It was like they came snd filmed Heathers death here
      We’re supposed to get sun this weekend I hope so. I still have the heat on!
      Have a good night
      Adele

• Colleen
      Participant

Hi Ladies,
      My computer has been down for over a week. So I am just now back again. I missed talking to everybody. It seems like you have all been busy. I have not read all of them yet it will take me awhile to get caught up.
      Did anyone watch the coronation today? I got up at 4 am so I could watch it. I could not believe that I stayed awake thru the whole thing. I like watching William and Kates kids. They are so good and they had to be getting tired. I guess that they practice for a long time for that.
      I cannot believe that they are moving dwts to abc again. They made a good decision to get a new hostess and let Tyra go. I think that they lost a lot of viewers with her on there and moving to a pay station was not smart either. We will see how they do. A lot of people are watching other things now and they may not get them back.
      Well that is all from here. Have a good night and stay safe.
      Colleen

• Gail Norusis
      Participant

Hi Adele,
      I didn’t watch A Million Little Things but for some reason that night I did catch the ending and it did look terribly sad. An assisted suicide maybe for someone that was sick. I’m glad i didn’t watch as I would have cried too. I think what caught my attention was that they were playing a song from Wicked which was one of the songs that i had picked out to play when the family was just there during Kim’s visitation so that already would have set me off.
      We are having some glorious weather. Greg has been rototilling the garden to get it ready for planting.
      Kendall is in FFA so they are having a plant sale next weekend so Greg will go to that and see if he can find plants for the garden and help out the high school kids at the same time.
      You know we have still had our heat on too but I think we may be looking at finally being able to turn it off-and maybe even put the air on.
      We never had AC before we built this house and moved here and now I don’t know how we ever lived without it.
      Gail

• Gail Norusis
      Participant

Hi Colleen,
      I watched the coronation but I didn’t get up at four. I copied it and watched when I got up at seven. I found it pretty interesting. It’s amazing that some of the things they use in the ceremony go back centuries and even Westminster Abby is over seven hundred years old.
      Plus you know me. I like to see the jewels. lol But I just enjoy seeing something like that for the history and am not likely to see another one in my lifetime and I missed Queen Elizabeth’s as I was only four when that happened. Charles and I are the same age. I can’t imagine waiting 70 years for that job just at the time of life when other people are retiring.
      I was glad to hear DWTS was returning to ABC. I did get to watch a few episodes last year because Jenny has Disney plus.
      I will miss Len.
      I watched another program where Twitch was a judge and I will really miss him too.
      How are the grands and the great grands?
      Gail

• adele shanbar
      Participant

Hello ladies!
      Glad you are back in Colleen!
      I didn’t watch the coronation. The last 2 nights I finally fell asleep at 4:00 am. Nights have been tough, and then I’m exhausted in the day. I just can’t get to sleep. I’m wondering if the anniversary if Tillies death snd her birthday tomorrow are bothering me more than I am allowing it to
      Plus , nobody visiting at all has made it more lonely. I can’t blame them cause I don’t want them to get sick from me. I’d feel even worst. 😵‍💫
      😱
      I’m still coughing a little. We’ll see if they feel comfortable coming over this week. Tomorrow is Tillies birthday. She would gave bern 98. I was always hoping she’d make 100, and be recognized by our town. Didn’t get that honor for her. Our family was lucky we had her so long, and that she was in her Jen home until the last 3 months
      I’m so glad DWTS is back on regular TV. is anyone know who the host will be?
      Gail… what is FFA?
      You would have loved AMillion Little Things. You missed the pact between the friends on Gary’s ending. This was his second round with cancer and it got real bad, fast. He met his wife in a cancer support group. She also went through 2 rounds with cancer and the baby was a miracle. Even though it was safe, it showed how the friendships continued into the next generation, and carried on Gary’s legacy To me, it reinforced that life goes on, in the wake of all the horrible losses. You need to keep hope and love alive. But, I’m in a different place than a lot of people I’m fighting to keep positive and find reasons to move on, every single day. Not being able to go out makes it harder on some days. I keep myself amused…… LOL. I have a new “ afternoon movie time with a cup of tea”. Yesterday, I watched A Man Called Otto. Excellent movie. I gave said, and felt, some of the things Otto has said. It really spoke to the strength of the human spirit. Very touching, and humorous. God was telling him”No, not today” , every time he tried to end his life until he found a reason and a purpose for his life to continue.
      Not a great day today. It’s a brutal sciatica day. I’m doing my back stretch and sitting perfectly straight to make the pain go away. It’s a little better It will pass. I hope! LOL
      ADELE

• Colleen
      Participant

Hi Gail,
      They had some pretty jewelry on. I liked the tiara’s that Kate and Charlotte wore. They were really cute and they did not try to look better then the queen. Kate has such good taste in clothes. She has really taught her children to behave properly.
      My grand and great grand are doing really well. Grayson is still a little character. I finally have a granddaughter that lkes to play with dolls. Nova loves baby dolls. She is so cute with them. She is their mommy. She holds them and rocks them and put the to bed. It is really cute to watch. I have never seen a little one take care of a doll like that.
      That is nice that Kendal joined FFA. Does her grandparents still live on the farm? I wondered if she was going to raise an animal and keep it there. That is such a good club for the kids to join. They teach the kids a lot in that club. How are the rest of the family? I hope that they are all doing well. Are you going to go see Bret this summer or wait awhile. It is a shame that they do not live closer to you. I know that I miss Melissa and the kids. We have not seen them since Ethan lived here and we took him back home. She said that they may come back this summer for a visit. It would be nice if they did.
      That is funny you are the same age as the King and I am the same age as the Queen. It just does not seem possible. Before it seems like everyone was older then us and now they are our age. Time sure does fly. Charles did have a long wait to be king. Did you hear that people thought they saw the Grim Reaper in the back of the Abby? He was supposed to have his sickle with him. They showed on the channel I watched but it just looked like one of the priests from the Abby carrying a staff. I just wanted to see if anyone else saw t and what they think.
      I do not know if I will watch DWTS or not. I am so use to not watching and I have other things that I have been watching. Are you still watching the Mask Singer? It is really good and keeps getting better. They had Dick Van Dyke on there and after he took his mask off he sang a song and danced. I thought that was pretty good for a man his age. They have had a lot of good singers on there. Bolton was on there. I cannot remember his first name. I love to hear him sing though. It is fun to see who is under the mask.
      Well that is about all from here. Have a great night and stay safe.
      Colleen

• Colleen
      Participant

Hi Adele,
      I am sorry that the kids are not coming over. It is rough to be coughing like that .I hope that you are feeling better. It is hard to let that go. I have a bad feeling on my mom’s birthday and the day she died. I miss her a lot but we have our grands and great grand to think about. I try to think about them more and how much mom would love to have seen our great grands. You just have to remember how sick they were they died. Your mom and mine. We could not stand to watch them suffer. That is like my brother. He had cancer so bad that he was suffering. I miss him also. He3 could not stand all the pain. They are all at peace. So is your daughter she is at peace.
      Are you watching the mask singer? It is fun to watch. Everyone seems to be having a good time on that show. That is what I like to see. A friend of mine sent me some pictures that made me smile. If I could send them on here I would you would enjoy them.
      I am not sure if I will watch DWTS or not. It will depend on who they get o host. If it is another one like Tyra I will skip it. It will not be the same without Len Goodman. He was the voice of reason on that show. I really respect his opinion. H use to be a good dancer.
      When it is nice out you should sit out on the deck and just sit in the sun. It will be good for you and make you feel better. Some times the sun helps me. It just makes me feel better about things. I do not know if you can get on your back deck or not but it seems like you said that it is off the kitchen.
      Well that is all from here. Have a good night night and sty safe.
      Colleen

• adele shanbar
      Participant

Hi Colleen
      So glad you’re back on here!
      Bobby got the cover off the deck furniture, so I’ll be able to go out there It’s nice to sit outside and see the birds, squirrels , chipmunks, and bunnies.
      They girls are coming over today after school us out to celebrate Tillue. Only Amanda won’t be here. We’re going to get Panera and a Carvel ice cream cake.
      It is good they are all out of pain. Nobody likes to se people suffer.
      I don’t watch the Masked singer It looks like a fun show with all the elaborate costumes
      I’m hoping they will come up with a good judge and host for DWTS. I always lived that show. I get such a kick out of football and basketball players competing in dancing. I hope they have James Corden on as a guest. He retired from his late night show. I got such a kick out of him!
      The sun is shining again today. Such a treat!!
      Hope your day is going well
      Adele

• Colleen
      Participant

Hi Adele,
      It is good to be on here again. I really missed all the chatting and hearing bout what is going on. If you do not hear from me you can always find out what is wrong by e-mailing Christine. She would let you know.
      I am glad that Bobby is getting the covers off the furniture. It will be nice to sit out there for awhile. I like to drink a cup of tea sitting out there. Even better a glass of wine. lol
      It is amazing how they can take a person that does not know how to dance and at the end of the show they are pretty good. It takes a lot of courage to go on a tv show and dance like that. I would probably fall all over the place. I just hope that it goes back to being as much fun as it use to be. I hope that they get someone that will just host the show and try to steal the Tyra liked to out talk the judges. She did not seem to know that much about dancing. I guess that she tried but she was not suited for the job.
      You have a good night and stay safe.
      Colleen

• Gail Norusis
      Participant

Hi Adele,
      FFA is future farmers of America. All the kids have been in 4H at one time or another too. Last year Piper showed a pig at the fair. This year i think someone is showing a goat. Or maybe i imagined that. lol
      Today is Greg’s birthday. Now he’s as old as me for the next six months. And can’t tell people that his wife is”much” older than him. When he was 39 he used to tell people that his wife was in her 40’s with out specifying that it was just 40.
      What does your town do when someone turns 100? I know you can get on a smuckers jar on the Today show.
      You were lucky to have your Mom well into her 90’s. So was Greg and Colleen. All your Mom’s had good lives and were well loved.
      I have often thought too that it must be harder on you not being to get out of the house. It wouldn’t change things but it would be nice to have a change of scenery and a different perspective. Sometimes just chatting with someone at the grocery store helps. it’s hard being alone with your thoughts all the time.I have heard some people talk about gratitude helping get them through tough times. Each morning thinking of something that you are grateful for.
      I have a little gratitude journal that I try to keep. I started during the pandemic.
      The new host of DWTS is going to be Julianne Hough and they are going to keep Alfonso too.
      I read the book that A man called Otto was based on. Good book. It was a man called Ove by Fredrick Bachman.
      Gail

• Gail Norusis
      Participant

Hi Colleen,
      Princess Kate does always dress so beautifully and she looks good in the clothes too. Their children are also adorable.
      That is sweet that Nova likes to play with her dolls. I always liked playing with dolls as a kid-but i also had a pet garter snake. lol i was a contradiction even back then. lol
      The grandkids other grandparents do still live on the farm. They used to live in town and just owned the family farm and just kept live stock there. But after Dick retired a couple of years ago they sold the house in town to one of their kids and they moved permanently out to the farm. it’s nice because they have chickens and sometimes Jenny has too many eggs so she will pass some on to us so we get nice fresh eggs.
      I did not hear the thing about the grim reaper in the back of the Abby. it sounds like someone has an over active imagination. lol
      We will see Brent this summer when we all get together for our 50th anniversary.
      It’s not too bad because since they moved to Colorado we see him a few times a year where as when he was in NM we usually only saw him once.
      We still watch the masked Singer. it’s such a fun show and doesn’t take itself too seriously. Plus the disguises are so imaginative.
      Michael Bolton was actually one of the few people that I was able to guess easily. i recognized his voice and the way he holds his body as he is kind of stiff. Sometimes i don’t even know who the people are especially if they are like an internet influencer or something. I can’t wait to see who the last three singers are.
      Gail

• adele shanbar
      Participant

Hi Colleen
      I’m also looking forward to the new choices for a judge and host. It was fun to watch and vote for my favorites.
      It got a lot cooler here today. But the sun is still shining.
      Steph made a pretty arrangement for me with the lilacs and dead ornamental grass. I’ll try to attach the pic she took. Also a pic of ground cover I did nit plant. My friend Gerald told me it’s an invasive weed called Creeping Charlie. I like it lol
      We had a good time yesterday. We celebrated Tillies life, not her death. Nobody was sad It was a good day
      Have a good one!
      Adele

Attachments:
    • adele shanbar
      Participant

Hey Gailster
      That sounds like a good mix for DWTS. I love Alfonso!!
      I tell God every night what I’m grateful for when I say my prayers Sometimes it’s as simple as…. it only took an hour for the sciatica yo calm down so I could sit for breakfast…. Lol I’ve always been big on thank you’s. Even on my darkest moments.
      It is hard some days when there is nobody to talk to all day long. But, I have 4 friends who I’m close with, two of which call me every day, especially if I don’t call them first. I’m blessed. Then I have all of you too.
      Being an only child, you really value the friends in your life. I think more than people who have brothers and sisters
      Please read post to Colleen for garden pics and party news. Lol
      So, Greg was born a day after Tillie!! That’s funny. Happy Birthday Greg!!!🙏🏻🙏🏻👍👍♥️♥️😇😇
      Are you doing anything special today? Celebrate every one. You never know if it’s the last one you celebrated, for many different reasons. Not just loss. Sometimes it’s circumstances.
      I hope your weather is good today! Sun and warmth feels so good for the soul
      Have a good day. Tonight Judge Steve Harvey comes back on. Love that show. Everyone needs a good laugh at the end of the day
      Nancy read that book too. She loved it. Have you seen the movie yet?
      Adele

• Colleen
      Participant

Hi Gail,
      They are supposed to tell everyone what that was the they saw that was supposed to be the grim reaper. Everyone just made a mistake in what they saw. It did kind of look like it.
      That has to be fun for the kids to show the animals. Did Kendal enter some type of bake goods one year? It seems like she did but I am not sure if I remember right. There is so much going on with the kids. I wish the kids here would be able to join FFA. It would be good for all of them. They could keep an animal here and we could put up a fence to keep it.
      It is nice that you get to see Brent more often. I wish Melissa would move a little closer I would like to see the kids. They are growing so fast and they will be adults before we know it,
      I like the people that will be hosts on the dwts show. They both know how to act on a show like that. If Julianne Hough is on there she at least knows what she is talking about. I will have to watch it as see how it is now.
      The masked singer is really good. That has to be the only show that people just do it to have fun. It is not taken too seriously. That is the type of show that I like. Everybody just has fun.
      Well that is all from here. Have a great day and stay safe.
      Colleen

• Colleen
      Participant

Hi Adele,
      The flowers are really pretty. That is nice that Steph did such a good job for you. Your granddaughter always do such nice things for you. That was a good idea to celebrate Tillies life and not her death. I am glad that you had a good time. That is the best way to remember someone.
      I have not seen my greats for awhile. Brook work such crazy hours. Kylie has started working two jobs so she does not come over as much either. I wish that they could I miss seeing them as much as I did.
      Not much else going on here. It looks like it is going to storm here again so better get off of here. Have a great day and stay safe.
      Colleen

• adele shanbar
      Participant

Hi Colleen
      The same thing happens here. Work interferes with visits. I don’t see Amanda much anymore. When JJ was here she came every am to drive him to school before she went to work Now I see her about every 2 weeks, if I’m lucky.
      Marissa is having car trouble Have not seen her in abut 3 weeks. I think. She did not come when I was sick and I can’t blame her. Santino has been sick so much this year. I would feel awful if he caught something from me.
      They are trying to decide if they will repair her Jeep or get rid of it. It is a 2007, and it has been a money pit lately. They are waiting to see if the mechanic can get the parts, and the cost of the repair. Marissa is very stressed out about it
      I have been seeing Steph the most. She comes once or twice a week, depending on what’s happening JJ has been having practice every day, and then the meet schedule. He does track and field.
      I think they are planning a breakfast visit on Saturday for Mothers Day. I’m not sure. What are your plans for Mothers Day? Bobby said he’ll grill something for Sunday for us.
      I had to put the air on today. Once it gets to 80 this house gets uncomfortable. It was nice the last few days with the windows open and no heat on.
      Hope you have a good day and that the storms missed yo last night
      Adele

• Colleen
      Participant

Hi Adele,
      Will all the kids be there for Mother’s Day? We are going to Danyielle’s house for dinner. Amanda and her kids are coming also. It will be a really good day.
      It seems like there is always one of the grands that gets sick a lot. Aliza gets sick like that also. Owen was like that when he was younger but now that he is older he does not get sick like that.
      It seems like when those jeeps start going bad it is time to get rid of them. Ours was like that also. We finally had to get rid of it and bought that Ford. It was the one the guy ran into the back of us and totaled it out.
      We have had our air on for a couple of days. It gets hot then it gets cool so we just left it on. If it is cool it will not turn on so we don’t worry about it. It ended up just raining and a lot of thunder and lightening. It is raining again this evening. I do not know if it is supposed to rain tomorrow or not.
      Have a good day and stay safe.
      Colleen

• adele shanbar
      Participant

Hey Colleen
      Marissa and Steph are coming tomorrow. Amanda can’t. She just can’t deal with Mothers Day
      Nobody will be her Sunday accept Bobby. He had he will grill something for dinner
      Today Tillie has been gone for a year It’s hard to believe.
      I also have the air on it’s in the low 80’s here again today. The good thing is, I can breathe better because no pollen comes in. Lol
      I’ll try to attach the lilac pic again. They are almost in full bloom Do you have any lilacs?
      I hope you did not get any bad storms last night!!??The storms seem to get worst every year.
      I’m glad you will have almost everyone with you on Mothers Day. I wish you a wonderful day!!!
      Give Ron a big hug!!
      Luv u
      Adele

Attachments:
    • Colleen
      Participant

Hi Adele,
      I hope you enjoyed your day with the girls. It is a shame that Amanda could not come. You get to celebrate for two days. Once with the grands and next with Bobby. Both will be really nice. Bobby will fix a good meal he seems to be a good cook.
      Your lilac bush is really pretty. We have one that is white and one that is lilac. They are still young and do not get as big as yours. I love lilacs they are so pretty. my bushes start growing. I had to weeping willow trees but they both died. I cannot figure out we did wrong with them. We may try again but am not sure.
      We got a hard rain and that was it. I do not mind the rain just do not like the storms. I am hoping that we do not have as many bad storms like we have had in the past.
      Have a Happy Mother’s Day!
      Luv U
      Colleen

• adele shanbar
      Participant

Hi Colleen
      It was a nice day. Santino and Aizen have such a good time together
      I’m glad you didn’t get bad storms I hope you are free of them today too
      My lilac bushes are about 26 years old. They have been growing for a long time😃
      It is 4:06 am and I am still awake. I hope I can fall asleep after I finish this messsge
      HAPPY MOTHERS DAY!!!
      Hope everyone has a good day!!!!
      🙏🏻🙏🏻🙏🏻👍👍👍♥️♥️♥️😇😇😇
      Adele

• Gail Norusis
      Participant

Happy Mother’s Day Everyone!

Attachments:
    • adele shanbar
      Participant

Thank you Gailster!!

HAPPY MOTHERS DAY TO ALL QUACKERS!!

Sparkle on !!!

Adele

• Gail Norusis
      Participant

Hi Everyone,
      I hope you all had a good Mother’s Day.
      We all went out for brunch. I like that. We can spend some time together, get a good meal and go home. No muss no fuss. I’m so lazy in my old age. lol
      By next week we will be in the 80’s so I guess summer will be here.
      Jenny’s niece was just elected Milk Day Queen so that was exciting.
      I love lilacs too. Especially the old fashioned ones. We transplanted some of my favorites from our old house to our property here but unfortunately Greg put most of them along the property line next to the field next to us which has no house and is still used for crops-either corn or soy beans and the guy must spray some kind of weed killer which has kind of killed off our good lilacs. We still have some lilacs in other places but they are the newer ones and the flowers on them are just different and not as nice. At least in my opinion.
      Colleen, you might be glad those weeping willows died. We have a few because i always loved them but they are messy. The guy down on the corner had them along his property line in the front of his house and on one side and whenever it would storm there would be broken branches all over the street. Finally last year he had them all taken down and I have to say it looks nicer as they were getting pretty old and spindly looking.
      Colleen, did you see the Masked Singer final. I didn’t even know that person who won. I hate that. It’s kind of a let down. Anyway, it’s a fun show. Ken makes me laugh.
      Adele, are you feeling better now? I hope so.
      Did Bobby cook for Mother’s Day or did you order out? You have so much better choices for ordering out than we do. Our choices are limited.
      Have you seen your work ladies recently. I’ll bet they are a fun group.
      Gail

Attachments:
    • adele shanbar
      Participant

Hey Gailster
      Around here it’s too crowded for brunch. They charge twice as much, and the food always sucks. Too much too quick. It’s always awful going out on Mothers Day
      We did take out brunch here on Saturday. The only one missing was Amanda. She said she can’t do Mothers Day
      Bobby got donuts for breakfast, and BBQ’d filet mignon with roasted potato and grilled asparagus He got lobster tails for dessert, and they were so big, we split one. We had the other one on Monday night. It was very good
      My neighbor came over with her Mom and we played Tri-ominos. I loved the game so much, I ordered one for myself! She brought a very pretty tulip plant that can never-planted outside. I’ll attach a pic.
      It was a quiet but nice day. I was fine. I lost it on Monday, but nobody knows that. I was very down, and depressed. I got over it I always do.
      It’s just miserable not having a daughter, mother, or husband on Mothers Day. You just deal with it and move onto the next day. You don’t really have many choices.
      My work buddies have been tied up. Nancy is going to heart attack school, and it’s taking up all her time and exhausting her. Gerald had hernia surgery. So, no visit planned until they recover
      I do talk to them every day👍
      I went from the air on yesterday, to the heat on today! This is nuts
      Season finale for Grey’s tonight! Your favorite whine bag will be on. Lol
      Steph rescued 2 bunnies. They are thrilled with the little things! The bunnies are eating the formula. They are from Jhonny’s mothers yard. His step-dad made a house for them as they were out in the open. But one disappeared and they were afraid more of them would be dinner. First they took one, then went back to get one more at their request when bunnies started to disappear. So two were saved from predators. The mother bunny is still there but is gone all day long….. doing bunny things, I guess
      Hope you have a good night!!
      Adele

Attachments:
    • Colleen
      Participant

Hi Gail and Adele,
      Sounds like you both had a good Mother’s Day. I went to my older daughters for dinner and she gave me a bouquet of flowers. The we went to my middle daughters and we just talked and I got to see the great grands and one of the grands. Mandy is going to take me to get a pedicure. She love to go get them.
      Gail, I do not know who that woman is that won nor did I know that young man that came in second. I thought that he had the better voice but I guess no one else agreed with me. They had had some good singers on there this time. I am ready for them to come on again.
      When I was a kid my grandmother had a big weeping willow in her yard. It was so pretty. I guess that is why I always wanted one. The tree trunk of the one split and that is why it died. The other one was too close to the house.
      That is so cool that Jenny’s niece won the Milk Day Queen. That must be a lot of fun.
      Adele, Those bunnies are so cute. I hope that they survive. It is hard to get up and feed them as often as they like to eat. What are they laying on? Is that fur and a pillow?
      Bobby fixed a good meal for you. Did he get those donuts that you said were so expensive? You talked about getting them before for some brunch you had. Bobby sounds like he is a really good cook.
      It is not hard to lose it when you are alone. You missed everyone and that is normal. I cry because my mom is not here. I just want to pick up the phone and talk to her. I want to tell her things about my great grands and what they are doing. I am glad that can see them when I want.
      Is DD ok? She has not been on here for a long time. I hope the crazy guy did not cause anymore trouble. i do not understand why they let him move back in.
      That is all from here. Have a great night and stay safe.
      Colleen

• adele shanbar
      Participant

Hey Gailster
      I forgot to say congrats on the Milk Day Queen! Who will make her dress ? I hope you can get a pic so we can see how pretty she looks

Colleen
      I have not heard from DD. I hope she is ok too

The bunnies at so cute Stephs Uncle visited. ( her fathers side.) He is encouraging them to return the bunnies. He said they are a lot of work, and will take up a lot of room in heir small apartment They are trying to decide what is best for all of them. Steph wanted to get another cat for a while. She knows that won’t be possible if she has the bunnies. Jhonny’s dad said he will keep them in the garage to keep them safe until they are old enough to be in their own. Steph is very sad about the whole thing. She said she knows her uncle is right, because he has bunny
      Oh yes. They w the pricey donuts. Lol. I now call them “ holiday donuts”. Lol
      Did you watch Greys last night? If you did please don’t reveal the ending because Gail has not seen it yet. I was kind of surprised🤓
      Hope your weekend goes well
      Adele

• Gail Norusis
      Participant

Hi Everyone,
      Colleen, your Mother’s Day sounded good. It’s nice to get flowers. Greg got me some from WalMart.
      I did know the guy that came in second on the masked Singer. David Archuletta. I knew him from American Idol and always thought he had a good voice. In fact about three weeks ago I said I thought that was him and I was actually right for a change. lol I also guessed Michael Bolton but not Dick Van Dyke-that was a surprise.
      Adele, What is the heart attack school that Nancy is going to?
      I have not seen A man called Otto but I read the book that the movie was based on called a Man called Ove by Fredrick Bachman. It was a great book. I think they moved the movie to take place in the US.
      No one will have to make Maya’s dress for Milk Days as she is the Queen and just wears a regular gown-it’s the princess contestants who have to have dresses made from crepe paper.
      I don’t blame you fpr breaking down Mother’s Day is another mile stone in a very very tough couple of years for you. But you are right-you have no choice but to keep moving forward and pray for better days. Sending big hugs!
      Tell Steph to be wary of fleas from bringing those bunnies in-most of them have some. Greg’s company used to pack those little bottles for baby animals for a company called Pet-Ag. So is she eventually planning on releasing them when they are bigger? They are cute but they are also wild animals.
      The guy behind us had his bull loose a few weeks ago. Thank goodness he didn’t come here and mess up Greg’s putting green again. There might have been war! But it’s scary to know a bull is loose. I grew up across the street from a huge bull barn where they were used for artificial insemination and a bull is not something you want to meet up with just walking around your yard.
      Adele, you could probably play tri-ominos on your tablet or phone. I have a few card and domino games that I play on my tablet. Did you ever play Mexican train dominos. I started playing on my tablet and ended up buying the game for the family. I like playing games with the family.
      Gail

• adele shanbar
      Participant

Gailster
      Well they decided the bunnies would go back. Her Uncle was pretty adamant on the amount of work, money, and space they take up. Steph cried the whole day. The boys felt they were becoming a nuisance They took up Stephs whole day. Plus, one bit Aizen. So he was all set with them. Aizen being Aizen, he took us very personal.
      Jhonny’s step-dad is keeping these two in his garage and will care for them until they are old enough to release. He got very attached to the whole bunny family
      I really loved the movie. You’ll have to see how close it is to the story line in the book
      Heart attack school, as I call it is a 12 week program of exercise, education around foods to prevent further problems and emotional support. Gary was signed up. He quit after 2 sessions. Look where that got him Around here, everyone who has a heart attack, or gets stints out in for blockages is asked to attend for their own good. Nancy hates it cause it takes up so much of her time.
      I’ll see if I can find the game on line. I’ve never done that before. Lol
      Have a good night and stay out of the garden until they catch that bull!!
      Adele

• Gail Norusis
      Participant

Hi Adele,
      Oh gosh-I use my tablet every day to play games. I have some word games-some board/card games. I have one that you decorate rooms in houses in different styles and I just discovered one where you can do landscaping. You should look into stuff like that. It would really help you pass the time if you want to do something else besides watch TV. it mixes it up a bit. I love my tablet. It’s a Samsung and google play has tons of games to choose from.
      Well now I am pissed. My Dish receiver gave out and we have to get a new one which means that I have lost all my recordings. The thing was 70% full and there was some TV series that I didn’t watch during the regular year that I was going to watch and catch up with during the summer. I may be able to get them on demand with the new receiver but then I have to watch commercials. Plus I had some concerts and musicals that I hadn’t watched yet that were sort of one and done events so I doubt that I will be able to find them. I know in the big scheme of things it’s not much but I still felt sad about losing all the recordings. I didn’t realize how dependent we were on recording things and watching them commercial free later and being able to record things when there were two programs on at the same time that we wanted to watch. Even Greg is bothered by watching the commercials and is asking me when the new receiver will come.
      I don’t remember Greg having to do anything after he had his stent-maybe some physical therapy but neither us remember. Although i do remember him going for therapy but not why.
      I’m glad they got rid of the bunnies. I know it’s hard but sometimes it’s best to let them be and let nature take it’s course as sad as it seems. Bunnies still seem to thrive even without our interference. I’m sorry Aizen got bit. Yes feeding them all the time is a pain. it sounds like Steph needs a hobby. lol
      Gail

• adele shanbar
      Participant

Hey Gailster
      A lot of the streaming services carry the TV series. You can buy most streaming services without commercials for a few dollars more each month Netflix has no commercials. HuLU has commercials A lot of the others don’t.
      That’s upsetting that you will lose the shows you saved.
      There are a few series that are very good that I watched on streaming. UNPRISONED, SHRINKED( could be shrinking) Unprisoned has Kerry Washington in it.
      Nobody has mentioned the bunnies, so I have no idea how they are doing.
      I purged another small kitchen cabinet area. A bottom cabinet section. I’m quite proud of myself. But my shoulder is sore. Lol. So, I was able to unpack the 2 sets of soup and sandwich from Temptations I got a while ago, as now there is room for them. Got rid of a few things I have not used in years, and probably won’t ever again. My housekeeper takes my stuff. She said there are a lot of immigrants at her church who have nothing. She took the rest of Gary’s clothes too a few weeks ago.
      It’s chilly here today. They said we are getting storms later today. Yuck
      Hope your day is sunny. Also hope they caught that roaming bill!!
      Adele

• Gail Norusis
      Participant

Bowing my head and saying a prayer of thanks to those who have served and died.
      I love our country!

Attachments:
    • adele shanbar
      Participant

AMEN gsilster
      I’m right with you in thst!
      HAPPY MEMORIAL DAY!!

Thank you for my freedom
      Adele

• Colleen
      Participant

Amen to that.
      They all gave up their lives for us and they still do. We have to get our respect back for the ones who have died and the ones that are serving now.
      God Bless them all.

• adele shanbar
      Participant

Well said Colleen!!
      Adele🇱🇷. ( hope that’s our flag icons are so tiny!!)

• Gail Norusis
      Participant

Better late than never. I’m starting a new page for June.

Viewing 42 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Share on Facebook
Facebook
Pin on Pinterest
Pinterest
Tweet about this on Twitter
Twitter
Email this to someone
email

Share this with a Smile
X Close
Watch QVC
top finds links QVC LIVE QVC PLUS QVC UK