What’s Happening?-June 20232023-06-05T14:15:54-04:00

Home Forums General Quacker Chatter What’s Happening?-June 2023

Viewing 14 reply threads
  • Author
      Participant

Hi Everyone,
      DD I hope that you don’t stop posting here. Our group has dwindled. I like your posts and also your pictures.
      Well, it’s not officially summer but we have definitely been having summer weather.
      Greg is out in the yard all day doing who knows what. lol
      This year he decided to grow lettuce. We used to grow it years ago and he decided to start up again.
      I am imaging whole salads this summer with fresh lettuce, tomato and cucumbers. Heaven on earth!
      So far we have been eating tons of asparagus.
      The lilacs and lily of the valley are already done blooming. We have a vase of peonies in the kitchen and pretty soon they will be done too. My three favorite flowers all gone too quickly in the first part of summer.
      Milk Days was this weekend but we stayed out of town and skipped all the festivities. Too many people.
      We heard the police shot and killed a guy this weekend after a domestic violence call. You never hear about that stuff happening in this town.
      I hate to sound like an old grandma( even though I am lol) but I wonder what this world is coming to.
      Looking forward to seeing AGT tonight. I’m hoping this year a comedian will win-I don’t think one has won yet. The guy that was on last week was pretty funny.
      Gail

Attachments:
    • adele shanbar
      Participant

Hey Gailster
      AGT is on tomorrow night. I’m not sure why they switched it. I watched Family Feud all night while I did needlepoint.
      I’m also hoping DD will come back on. It is aggravating with this site, but it’s nice to connect with everyone
      The deck came down yesterday. Bobby’s friend helped him. He was going to Rae it, but when they took it apart, the wood was not in great condition. It was made out of cedar as that is supposed to last much longer. Nothing lasts forever!!!
      It’s freezing up here. I have the heat on. Can you imagine??
      Hope your day went well
      Adele

• Gail Norusis
      Participant

Hi Adele,
      Yes, last night I was looking for AGT and then saw it was on Tuesday. lol
      As my MIL used to say-it’s time for me to go to the dummy house. lol
      I can’t believe you have your heat on!
      It is cooled down today but not that much.
      So now I guess you will have to sow grass seed where the pool was. I wonder how things will grow after the pool was there for so long.
      It will be different for a while looking out and not seeing a pool.
      I know it would be weird looking out our back door and not seeing the pond.
      We have a guy coming in a few weeks to replace wood on our deck and on our upper and lower front porches.
      I would love to get that new decking that never has to be replaced but it is very costly and the deck is pretty big.
      I do want Greg to cost it out both ways though.
      Gail

• Colleen
      Participant

Hi Ladies,
      I just wanted to drop in and say hi! I have not been feeling well so have not been on here as much. It is the same stomach problem that I always have just been a little more active.
      It is expensive to replace wood on a deck. We looked into the pretreated wood when we built the deck but like you we found it too expensive. We would like to screen it in but not sure if we will do that now. Have to wait and see.
      There is a lot of bad things happening everywhere. You really have to be careful where ever you go. I do not like crowds anymore either. That is all from here for tonight. Have a good night and stay safe.
      Colleen
      p.s. Adele I hope that you do not miss the pool too much.

• Gail Norusis
      Participant

Hi Colleen,
      I’m sorry that you have not been feeling well. I will pray that the stomach will feel better soon. We miss you but are happy that you checked in.
      I wonder if the cost of that composite stuff will ever come down as it becomes more popular.
      I don’t think we would ever screen our deck. Part of it does have a covering on top so that you can sit either in the sun or the shade so that is nice.
      Gail

• adele shanbar
      Participant

Hi Colleen
      I feel the same way. Anytime the kids go anywhere, I am a wreck until they get home. It’s getting worst and worst
      I was devastated when I heard 2 people were killed at a graduation yesterday Those poor families and all those who were there will never be the same. When will this stop?
      I’m sorry you don’t feel good. Do you have an ulcer? I have one. It has been good for a while. But it went crazy a couple of days ago. It’s been a struggle to get it back under control. A bit better today. I’m still in yogurt and crackers. I did have a small amount of fruit yesterday at night So far, I tolerated it
      It’s awful when you have belly issues. I’m praying yours will get better. My staple is the peanut butter cracker packages. They seem to settle the belly, and don’t irritate it. Maybe you can try them and see if they help
      Did you see AGT last night? I liked the older woman who was a comic and magician. Also liked a couple of the singers. Not thrilled with the nut who lit himself on fire!!
      Praying for you to get better!!!!
      Luv u
      Adele

• adele shanbar
      Participant

Colleen and Gailster
      We did one of those retractable awnings years ago. It made a huge difference to be able to sit under it. The price was not too bad. It operated by remote control. Each feature you add costs more, of course. Lol. Some come with netting you can attach to the 3 sides.
      Adele

• Gail Norusis
      Participant

Adele,
      I have seen those awnings advertised. We don’t need shade as we have part of the deck covered in the back and the front porch is covered. It’s good to know those awnings work well though.
      I hope your tummy feels better. I actually like to eat those peanut butter crackers as a snack. I always wonder how they get the crackers such a bright orange.
      Or maybe it’s better that I don’t know. lol
      Gail

• adele shanbar
      Participant

Hey Gailster
      I don’t eat those crackers. Too much salt. I get the Keebler. Toast snd peanut butter ones. They are nit orange.
      The belly is getting better very slowly. Todsy I’m going to add an orange, as I miss my daily orange Hope it sits well!!!
      Air still bad up here. Gross!
      Attaching pics of horse pic I’m working on, snd the peacock that is in the stretcher
      How did u like AGT? Nit much to get excited about this week. I hated the idiot who set himself on fire!!
      Adele

Attachments:
    • Gail Norusis
      Participant

Hi everyone,
      Since no one comes here to chat anymore do you want me to continue starting the monthly chat or shall I just drop it.
      I doubt we will ever get anyone new chatting. I guess those who used to be interested have all gone else where.
      Let me know what I should do.
      Gail

• adele shanbar
      Participant

Sweet Gailster
      That’s a hard call. Let’s see if DD will come back on . I’ll email her
      Adele

• Gail Norusis
      Participant

It is a hard call. Especially after being here for so many many years-but enthusiasm has waned. So I thought I’d throw the thought out there and see what people think. There’s only four of us now. I wish there was a way to get more posters on here again to liven things up but it seems everyone has moved on and maybe those who might be interested don’t even know that we are here.
      Gail

• adele shanbar
      Participant

Hey Gailster
      It is a hard call. I’m wondering if the brand has also lost its popularity. I wonder about that
      Adele

• Colleen
      Participant

Hi Ladies,
      I think that a lot of people have gone to face book. I will not go there but I guess a lot of people do. Angel and Patrick do not come on here anymore. I would think that would want to keep this site going because of Jeanne. Oh well who knows.
      Colleen

• adele shanbar
      Participant

Hi Colleen
      I didn’t know Angel and Patrick don’t come on here anymore. I bet that makes a difference too

DD won’t come on anymore because her posts kept disappearing

HAPPY FATHERS DAY TO ALL THE DADS!!

Adele👍👍🙏🏻🙏🏻♥️♥️🎉🎉⭐️⭐️

Viewing 14 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Share on Facebook
Facebook
Pin on Pinterest
Pinterest
Tweet about this on Twitter
Twitter
Email this to someone
email

Share this with a Smile
X Close
Watch QVC
top finds links QVC LIVE QVC PLUS QVC UK