What’s Happening?-February 20232023-02-06T17:48:53-05:00

Home Forums General Quacker Chatter What’s Happening?-February 2023

Viewing 20 reply threads
  • Author
      Participant

Hi Everyone,
      We have had several days of sunshine here and the snow is melting. Hooray!
      Got a note from Brent saying they are thinking of coming here in March and then on to Ohio to see his bio Dad.
      Last week we finally got out of the house for a night to see a concert.
      it was a tribute to Buddy Holly, Richie Valens and the Big Bopper on the anniversary of the night they died.
      So Greg couldn’t get his MRI today because the insurance denied it. He did have his appointment with the pain doctor moved up til today though. So now he has to go to therapy and if that doesn’t work then they will resubmit for the MRI. I feel bad because i think he was thinking that he would get more immediate relief. it sucks to be at the mercy of the insurance companies.
      Colleen, how are you feeling and did you get your results yet?
      I’m still using a cane since I hurt my knee last year. I still have to go see the ortho doctor though. But first I need to see the eye doctor as somehow i skipped my appointment last year. Don’t remember ever getting a reminder card either.
      It seems you get older and half your social life is going to doctors. lol
      Gail

Attachments:
    • adele shanbar
      Participant

Hey Gailster
      You are so right. Everything gets organized around medical appointments Back kn the day, after we took Tillie to the doctor, we always took her out to dinner. Then it got harder for her to get around, and we switched to the in home doctor service
      The sun is out up here too. There is a storm off shore thst will give us a mixed bag if precipitation during the night It’s supposed to be gone by daybreak.
      It is awful that they didn’t approve the MRI for Greg. Sometimes PT is a waste if time. They think PT solves everything. It doesn’t if the joints are too far gone. My OT person said my arm and shoulders will not improve. All he will be able to do for me is maintain my current level and prevent “ frozen shoulder” I guess that’s better than nothing
      Hope your day is going well!
      Adele

• Colleen
      Participant

Hi All,

• Colleen
      Participant

Hi All,
      I do not know why that sent before I said anything but it did. This computer has been acting crazy who knows why.
      I agree with you Gail about insurance. I do not understand when they started deciding about our health needs. Use to be the doctor would make the decisions and the insurance paid. Now we have to let some one that does not really know about our health needs tell us what we need.
      That is so cool that Brent is coming home in March. That will be fun to have him there. Is his girlfriend coming also? I hope that you have a nice visit and you can do some fun things.
      I am supposed to get the results of my tests on Monday. He will also tell me if I need surgery on my back or not. He had told me before that I needed to have surgery or therapy so I opted for therapy. This time he may say that surgery is better. I need to find out why I can not go up and down steps without trouble. I am getting tired of all this.
      Doctors are becoming our hang out. Do you have to go to the doctor or do you have that same service that your mom had. That was so nice that they came to the house to see your mom Adele. I hope that you do not get all the snow that they are saying you are supposed to get. The storms come at strange times this year. You never know when we will get a snow storm.
      Well that is all from here. Have a great night and stay safe.
      Colleen

• adele shanbar
      Participant

Hi Colleen
      I have not switched to the in home doctor yet. I believe that is coming fast on the horizon
      We did not get any snow. We got all rain. It’s been very weird. Today it’s almost 50
      Bobby is making braised ribs with risotto and roasted veggies. We’re having a Super Bowl feast!👍👍
      The Super Bowl is the anniversary of Tillie going to the ER for shingles that was the beginning of her end. I’m kind of sad today. Between that and Gary not here to enjoy his football its a bummer
      I’m trying to make fun with the day. We got Super Bowl snacks and I love the commercials and seeing the half time show
      Hope you gave a good Sunday
      Wishing you good news for tomorrow. Prayers and hugs sent your way!!!🙏🏻🙏🏻🙏🏻👍👍👍♥️♥️♥️
      Adele

• Colleen
      Participant

Hi Adele,
      Your Super Bowl feast sounds really good. Bobby sounds like a really good cook. You are lucky that he is there with you. It is hard to get over losing people in our lives but we cannot stop it from happening.
      Well I went to the doctor yesterday was not good but not so bad that it should upset me. The arthritis is worse in my back and there is nothing they can do for that. I will have to just put up with it. My hip is okay it was arthritis in my hips and pelvis. There is just nothing that I can do with that. So I just have to put up with the pain. My hip is getting better and not as much pain in my hip.
      We did not watch the super bowl over the week-end. We did not even watch the half time. We usually at least watch the half time show that is not as good as they use to be but what is.
      That is not too bad to have a doctor come to your home. I am getting to the point in my life where having the doctor come to the house sounds good. I do not like going to the office and sitting and waiting to see the doc.
      Well that is all from here. Have a great day and stay safe.
      Colleen

• adele shanbar
      Participant

Omg. I lost the entire post!!

Happy Valentines Day

Sorry about the arthritis. Please talk to your dr about celebrex. It reduces the swelling in arthritis, so you can move easier and without as much pain

I hope your weather is good so your joints do not hurt as much

Adele

• Gail Norusis
      Participant

Hi Everyone,
      Colleen, I’m glad that you had nothing broken. The darn arthritis is just part of aging and sometimes there’s just nothing to be done.
      I always say how fortunate I am to have my RA pretty much under control with medicine. I thank my lucky stars daily as I remembered how my Dad suffered as they didn’t have some of the medicines back then that they do today.
      DD, I heard that Portland got a bunch of snow. I think the weather has gone crazy.
      Adele, glad the office clean out is moving right along. Marissa is such a help.
      We lost power from eight in the morning yesterday until ten thirty last night. There was a big ice storm. Thank goodness we have the portable generator to run some heat and the refrigerator and freezer. I’ll be glad to be able to shower again today. Greg is exhausted from lugging the generator up from the barn and setting everything up with extension cords all over the house.
      The insurance turned him down for his MRI so they are going to try PT first for the sciatica. It has been getting better as he’s been walking on the treadmill every day. Therapy doesn’t start until mid March so I said he probably won’t need it by then.
      Brent is coming from March 11 to the 18th. They were also going to go to Ohio to visit his bio Dad but instead Randy(bio dad) has a brother in a town close by and he said he will come up to visit him when Brent is here so they don’t have to spend the time driving to Ohio.
      So that will give us more time with Brent and Tynasha. Last year when they were here in March the weather was so cold. I hope this year it will be a bit warmer.
      Piper wanted us to come over to their house yesterday for a sleepover when our power was out but we explained that we can’t leave the house with the generator running and we can’t just stop the generator otherwise we would lose all the food stored in our fridge and freezer. Plus we just went to Costco a month ago so our freezer is pretty stocked.
      Gail

Attachments:
    • adele shanbar
      Participant

Hey everyone
      Gail so sorry about no MRI for Greg. It’s awful how insurance companies dictate our lives. Just not fair. I’m praying for all of you!
      Marissa is a great help. I’m glad I gave all my Minnions. God help me if they ever stop visiting!!
      Plus, I love the company
      So today I’m playing. I did the craft I got for the boys to do to see how it goes. I’ll attach a pic
      Almost of the stocking. It should be done by the end of the weekend 🙏🏻👍
      We’re getting a big storm Tuesday into Wednesday. God help us all!!
      Hope everyone is safe through all the storms
      Colleen I hope you are feeling better
      DD. Hope everything is ok in your area too
      Luv u guys!
      Adele

Attachments:
    • adele shanbar
      Participant

Hey everyone
      Gail so sorry about no MRI for Greg. It’s awful how insurance companies dictate our lives. Just not fair. I’m praying for all of you!
      Marissa is a great help. I’m glad I gave all my Minnions. God help me if they ever stop visiting!!
      Plus, I love the company
      So today I’m playing. I did the craft I got for the boys to do to see how it goes. I’ll attach a pic
      Almost of the stocking. It should be done by the end of the weekend 🙏🏻👍
      We’re getting a big storm Tuesday into Wednesday. God help us all!!
      Hope everyone is safe through all the storms
      Colleen I hope you are feeling better
      DD. Hope everything is ok in your area too
      Luv u guys!
      Adele

• Dianne Danielson
      Participant

Hi Ladies,
      I hope everyone is doing well. I haven’t read all your posts yet so if I overlook something that’s why.
      Anyway, I don’t know if our weather makes the news back there. We got hit by a storm this week & we got over 10 inches of snow!!! The daytime temps haven’t been above freezing since it hit. the nighttime lows have been in the teens to 20s. When they were predicting it they said a light dusting would be all we’d get. SURPRIZE!!! By the time it was over we broke an 80 yr record from the 1940s!! No sign of warming up until sometime next week. Now they’re saying more snow is in the forcast over the weekend!! The roads are an ice skating rink. It’s miserable. Luckily, I had gone to the store before it got so bad. I was walking in the snow as it was falling. I called for a taxi but they were already backed up.
      I took pics but don’t know if I can forward em.
      That’s all I have for tonight. Take care, stay warm, stay safe.
      dd

Attachments:
    • adele shanbar
      Participant

Hi DD
      So glad to hear from you
      We’re getting more ice storms than snow. But this week on Tuesday into a Wednesday is supposed to be the biggest Snow storm of the year!! It could still change to ice. Who knows
      I finally finished the stocking, snd hsve it in the stretcher. In a couple of days I can see it together I’m glad it’s done I was afraid something would happen to me snd he would not have a stocking. Lol
      I watched the movie…. we Have a Ghost…. On Netflix It was a riot
      Hope you are feeling ok., and having a good night
      Adele

• Colleen
      Participant

Hi All,
      Well more bad news from here. My oldest sister had a stroke. It was a light stroke but she has trouble talking. She did not lose her ability to walk but she has trouble with her right hand. She could use prayers.
      Gail, I am sorry to hear that they will not let Gary get an MRI. It just really makes me mad that insurance have that much power. They do not know more then the doctor. I really think that they should be held responsible if you have problems from their refusal to let the doctor run the tests he needs. It will be so nice for you to see Brent and his girlfriend. That is nice that his bio father is coming closer to where you live so you will have more time with them.
      Adele, The crafts that you made for the kids are really cute. They will like them. Is JJ still staying with you are did he have to go home. He is such a good grandson to come and stay with you. I hope that the snow storm was not as bad as they thought it would be. They are going to give me a shot in my back on the 8th of March. Hopefully that will help and I will not have as much trouble walking up and down steps. That would be nice.
      DD, It sound like it is pretty bad there. We have just been getting the rain and not the snow. Our weather has been above normal here. They are saying that we could have snow in March and April. That will be a mess. Just stay safe and do not go out. It really makes it hard to get groceries. I am glad that you went to the store before it all hit.
      Colleen

• Dianne Danielson
      Participant

Hi Ladies,
      Colleen, I’m sorry to hear about your sister. I’ll keep her in my prayers. Keep us posted on her recovery.
      Gail, that’s really aggravating when the insurance companies refuse to allow the Dr to perform his tests. If he was here illegally he’d get it without any trouble, for free!! It really infuriates me! I could go on & on, but I won’t bore you with that.
      Instead I’ll bore you with our weather outlook for the week. Apparantly we’re gonna have possible snow showers overnight into the early morning for the week!! At first it was gonna be last night/today, maybe early morning Monday &/or Tues. It’s came in & has parked for the week.. The mts are getting hammered, but that means a good snowpack for the summer. I just wish it’d stay up there.The temps are supposed to be above freezing but who knows.
      My left pinky finger is numb,so I the wrong keys.
      Well, that’s all I have for tonight.
      Take care.
      dd

Attachments:
    • adele shanbar
      Participant

Hi DD
      You have been getting a ton of snow. We’ve been getting ice and rain with little bits of snow. Tonight into tomorrow we’re getting the snow storm that got the rest of the country. We’re supposed to get about 5 inches
      I’m set to do crock pot meals this week while it snows and stays cold. Tonight I’m doing kielbasa. Tomorrow I’m doing short BBQ short ribs
      I hope you have a good week snd stop having all that snow.
      There seems to be some commotion about our favorite show….Blue Bloods. I hope they are nit thinking of cancelling it. Have you seen East New York? I like that show too
      Stay safe
      Adele

• adele shanbar
      Participant

Hey Colleen
      I’m so sorry about your sister. Of course I will add her to my prayers! You too, you are always in my prayers. I hope the shot works snd takes away your pain
      The last snow was not bad. It ended as sleet again and was a mess!! Tonight into tomorrow is another snow storm. We’re supposed to get about 5 inches.
      I’ve been needlepointing away! Lol Finished the stocking. Just have to see it together. Did a baby shark coin purse for Santino. He puts his little cars in them. Lol I started on irnaments to match the purses I did for the girls
      Hope your sister improves more. There is always home for a little more gains with some therapy. Don’t give up hope!🙏🏻🙏🏻♥️♥️
      Luv u
      Adele

Attachments:
    • Colleen
      Participant

Hi Ladies,
      My sister came home and is getting around ok. She is just having trouble talking. I am hoping with therapy she will be able to talk on the phone without any problems. I have not heard if it did any damage to her memory or not.
      Adele, You are so good at needle point. Both things that you have made are really cute. You do not see many coin pursed anymore. I always liked them to keep my change in. It seems like you and DD are getting all the snow. We have not been getting any snow right now we are getting mostly rain.
      DD, I agree with you about insurance. They do not know what the drs are looking for so how can they say the MRI is not necessary. I really think that they should be held responsible if something happens. They are not the doctors. Spring is coming so do not give up yet. I am ready for spring.
      Well that is all from here. Thank you for the prayers.
      Have a good night and stay safe.
      Colleen

• adele shanbar
      Participant

Hi Colleen
      That’s good news about your sister. Prayers sent for her speech to improve🙏🏻🙏🏻
      We ended up with more of a slushy mess again. Another storm coming over the weekend This is nuts!
      Thank you for the compliments. Needlepoint has kept me company since it’s so quiet here with everyone gone. It has saved me from all the grief. NowIm working on ornaments for a while. I hang them on my cabinet doors. They gave a few for everyday that are not holiday related. I still have to see the stocking together. It’s still on the stretcher. Lol
      Hope you have a good day. Hope your dr apt goes well
      Adele

• Gail Norusis
      Participant

starting new discussion for March

• Colleen
      Participant

Hi Adele,
      I am glad that you found something to pass the time. It sure does help. Does Bobby still live there?
      The ornaments that you make would really brighten up the house. Right now everything is so dull since all the Christmas things are put away. I do not like this time of the year. We take down all the pretty lights and decor and everything is so bland. I want to redecorate the house. I have to find new things I am tired of all the old things that I have on the wall.
      The stocking that you made will be so pretty. I know that everyone in the family really appreciate all the stockings that you made. My mom made stockings for all of her grands and my girls still have theirs. Hers were not needle point though.
      Colleen
      p.s. I appreciate all the prayers for my sister.

• adele shanbar
      Participant

Hi Colleen
      I think it’s so nice to have the things people made for us long after they are gone. I find it comforting, snd I hope every Christmas after I’m gone they will be able to smile when they fill their stockings
      My Aunt Mary sewed. One year she made beautiful red velvet dresses fir me, my cousin Rosalie snd her daughter Denise Denise and I are still in touch. She lives in Florida. We talk about those dresses a lot. I wore mine to a holiday party at Gary’s parents’ house when I was 16. Lol. Lol She is the one who taught me to sew. I have her old Singer sewing machine
      Bobby is here, and always will be. He is in the in-law apartment that Tillie was in it’s a good space for him. Just enough for a single guy.😃🙃
      It’s raining again up here. Another storm coming tomorrow night into Saturday😱
      Hope your weather is better!
      Adele

Viewing 20 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Share on Facebook
Facebook
Pin on Pinterest
Pinterest
Tweet about this on Twitter
Twitter
Email this to someone
email

Share this with a Smile
X Close
Watch QVC
top finds links QVC LIVE QVC PLUS QVC UK