Quacker Talk-September 20202020-09-01T10:57:57-04:00

Home Forums General Quacker Chatter Quacker Talk-September 2020

Viewing 123 reply threads
  • Author
      Participant

Good Morning Everyone,
      Colleen, we will be praying for you and Ron. Hoping doctors can pinpoint the problem and fix him up quickly.
      Sue, it sounds like you had some wild weather come through. That was weird about the internet. I hate when that happens especially now as at least the internet can keep us connected to friends and family. I saw that we are going to be 67 degrees on Monday. I guess i should think about getting the furnaces checked and the chimney swept. Even though I don’t want to think about cold weather arriving yet. it seems like I just took the heavier blanket off the bed.
      Adele, I’m glad that you are cooking some again. You will have lots of needlework projects done. We have not seen Black Panther as we never seem to watch the super hero movies. Although it seemed to get rave reviews. Adam always sees all the super hero movies as he is a big fan-I’ll bet he’s seen it. I always gravitate toward funny movies although there are a lot of excellent dramas out there. We do watch one occasionally for a change of pace.
      Last night we watched the local folk music people who now have a zoom get together each week and then they post it on YouTube so we watch that sometimes. Sometimes the people are pretty good and some times they are awful-just like any typical open mic night.
      Yes, it will be a different fall. I don’t know if there will be trick or treating here. Of course for us it’s a moot point as we don’t get kids going door to door out here anyway. It’s the year that we all have had to learn to amuse ourselves. lol It’s kind of cool that people took up doing things they never did before. Like baking and crafts-except when we couldn’t get flour or yeast because people were hogging it. I’ll bet none of us will ever look at a roll of toilet paper as quite the same way as before. One thing it kept young kids from going out and tpeeing houses. lol as people would be out there saving it instead of complaiming about the clean up. I remember when our kids were in high school and a lot of toilet papering of houses went on for awhile. Ah the good old days. I also remember when Brent’s senior class built their homecoming float in our barn. I loved having all those kids around back then. We also had a campfire out back and Jenny and her friends would have campfires out there in the fall. When I think about it now we really had a busy household. Now there is Greg and I and a lot of peace and quiet-especially this year-but i guess things are like that for most everybody after the kids grow up. I don’t mind it-it’s just different.
      Gail

Attachments:
    • adele shanbar
      Participant

Hey everyone
      Fall is my favorite time. The virus has robbed us of everything accept going outside to enjoy the weather in our back yards. At least we have that
      We had the windows open fir the first time yesterday and last night it smelled and sounded like Fall out there
      When we were going to sleep I heard an owl hoot. Only heard him once. I would live to see an owl So far that has not happened. Lol
      Happy Fall Y’all!
      Praying for Ron. Very worried for Colleen and Ron
      Adele

• Anonymous
      Inactive

We only were in the 60’s yesterday. We are back to cool, dark & rainy. It seems like we get stuck in weather patterns. We do need rain but most of the time it is just dark no rain. It is depressing along with everything else. One of these days it will get cold & stay cold. Yuck. I do hate Winter.
      I go to the doctor in a week for regular check up & he will probably give me my flu shot. So we will see how that goes.
      They announced who will be on DWTS today but I do not know many of them. I just don’t know if I want to watch Tara Banks. I love the dancing but always liked Tom. It is interesting, but I can see why. the Pros have to live apart even if they are married because if 1 tested positive it would remove 2 pros & 2 stars.

• adele shanbar
      Participant

Hi Sue!
      Gary says the same thing. He does not like Tara Banks. I used to love Nick Cannon. He was really good on A G T
      I also love the guy they have now… his name escapes me. Lol
      It is cool and rainy here but humid. SonI put the air back on very low. Just to keep the humidity out
      I heard in the news last night that Tenn had a tornado warning. I hope all is ok there
      Did you see that new doctor show after AGT? We liked it Something new to watch
      It is getting close to being soup season. I love soup!
      Hope you are ok. Some days ok is the best we can do.
      Luv u
      Adele

• Colleen
      Participant

Hi All,
      Ron is doing better. They said that it was from a tic bite. I knew that they ould be dangerous but did not realize they could cause all those problems. I appreciate all the prayers they really helped.
      Colleen

• adele shanbar
      Participant

Hey Colleen
      So glad he is doing better. Prayers sent your way and will continue!
      Luv u
      Adele

• adele shanbar
      Participant

Sue
      We had rain all day yesterday. Today is so humid the windows are all fogged up
      Gross!
      Adele

• Dianne Danielson
      Participant

Hi Ladies,
      I hope someone sees this, before 5:00ET. VPH will be on for 2 hrs of fall decor. I meant to email earlier but forgot. sorry.
      dd

• Gail Norusis
      Participant

Hi Everyone,
      DD, thanks for the heads up. I had the DVR set so I got it.
      Colleen, I will continue to pray for Ron’s full recovery. Did he have lymes disease? I’m so glad to hear that he is doing better. Those darn ticks.
      Sue, we were 46 degrees this morning and are supposed to get cool and rainy next week.
      I am not crazy about Tyra Banks as a host either. I thought Tom was so quick witted and clever-he could make me laugh. However, I will watch as I like the dancing and the costumes. It is a good escape watching program and we do need that.
      Adele, it’s funny spring is my favorite season although i like fall weather. I always think of spring as a new world coming to life and fall as the world falling to sleep for the winter hibernation.
      Had to get up early yesterday morning to drive Greg for a tooth extraction. He needed a driver in case they had to give him some joy juice. lol However he didn’t need it, but his appointment was at 8:45 and we are 45 to 50 minutes away so we were up at the crack of dawn. I definitely had to nap yesterday. The tooth that was extracted had a gold crown so now because of the price of gold they automatically give you an envelope of a place to send it to for the money. I’m interested to see how much they give him-last I heard gold was $2,200 an ounce-obviously you don’t get that but i think he will be surprised at what he gets back. You can tell that was an old crown as they sure don’t do that anymore-unless you’re a rapper. lol
      He also saw the cardiologist for his year check up and she said he could stop taking the blood thinner so he was very happy about that. He would go work in the yard and every little cut would bleed so now that should get better.
      I can’t believe tomorrow is the Kentucky Derby. It is just so weird to have it running in September instead of May-and then of course without any spectators too. Everything this year is all catty wampus.
      I wonder if there will be more covid outbreaks after Labor Day weekend. We of course have no plans. Just read this morning that Illinois is one of the seven states that Fauci says in on the cusp of another surge. I think it’s mainly because of the Chicago area in the north and the proximity to Saint Louis in the south.
      It seems like college campuses are really struggling with containment too. I feel especially bad for kids that would be college freshmen this year. Going away to school is sort of a rite of passage for many and this year is so vastly difference from the normal college experience.
      We have a Fleetwood Mac tribute to watch this weekend so that’s our high point. lol
      We will probably barbecue and go to the farm stand and pick up the last sweet corn for the year as they usually stop selling it around labor day.
      The week days blend into the week ends now except during the week Greg is usually on the phone with work in the mornings.
      Have a happy, healthy and safe weekend everyone.
      Gail

Attachments:
    • adele shanbar
      Participant

Hey DD
      I did not see it. But I will look at what they had on. Thank you!!
      Adele

• adele shanbar
      Participant

Hey Gailster
      Colleen said Ron came home yesterday and they were both exhausted. I hope they got a good nights sleep in their own bed. So scary a tiny bug can do so much damage
      We have JJ here. Moody teenagers are so funny. Every question / answer gets an Eye roll Lol
      Tillie Ordered the set of two waffle shirts I wanted to know why she was up at 2:00 am watching TV! No wonder she gets up so late every day
      I am not sure who is coming on Sunday to do a non birthday party. JJ wants is low key. Everyone else thought we should not have one. It’s a 3 person one. Enzos birthday was last week. Gary is Monday and JJ is Wednesday. I feel we need to celebrate as Heather would not want peoples birthdays to go by unnoticed
      Nobody even likes coming here anymore because they say it makes them sad and realize she is gone. So this house has been very quiet. I don’t like that
      I hope everyone has some type of celebration this weekend, however small it may be. All our lives are so different. We all have to adjust to the new way of life. Not just covid, but all the people we lost and our different health issues. Not a good time for people who do not do well with change. We just have to sparkle on!
      Speaking of that. I wonder if they dressed Miss Barbara in one of her favorite Quacker outfits. I hope they did. I miss her
      Sorry for being so sad today
      Love Adele

• Colleen
      Participant

Hi All,
      Ron is home and it is a challenge to make him do what the doctor wants him to do. Yesterday he went out and cut the grass. Did not put anything on for ticks but did dress so the sun would not burn him. He is supposed to stay out of the sun. The man is driving me crazy. Today he went to the store and did not wear a mask. I am ready to give up on getting him to listen. We do not know yet about the tick bite they have not gotten the test back. The doctor treated him for the tick bite and it made him feel better. So the doctor is sure that is what it is . He goes to his primary doctor on Thursday to get all the final results from the tests.
      Adele, Your family is going to have to get over being sad when they come to your house. They have to remember all the good times that you have had there. You cannot stop celebrating birthday’s that is not fair for the kids. It is hard to do things together but they have to get over this. I ordered the tsv with the cardinal on it. They sold out of the Christmas one.
      I will go to a restaurant and get some bbq for dinner tomorrow. Ron cannot stand in the sun and grill so what will do what is easiest for us. It will just be me and Ron here.
      Gail, We will see what happens with all this covid. It seems like it has not been as bad here as in other places. We still do not know anyone that has had it. It makes easy to forget to wear a mask when you go out but it still has to be worn. Wal- Mart said that you cannot go in the store without a mask so people wear one in the store and when they get in there they take it off. They do not say anything to them when they do that so why stand at the door and tell people that they have to wear one. I think that they were talking about letting people come in again without a mask because there have been people that have objected and left. The whole thing is crazy.
      I feel bad for a lot of the kids. The college kids who cannot go to campus, the new seniors in high school and the kids that are starting kindergarten they none of them will get to experience all the fun things that happen that year.
      Well that is all from here. Hope everyone has a great day and stay safe.
      Colleen

• adele shanbar
      Participant

Hi Colleen
      Omg Is it time for potato soup to punish Ron? What is wrong with men? Gary is the same way. He never listen and says
      ……. Who is going to do it….
      I fel the same. Does that mean nobody ever comes here again because you have memories in this house!
      Hoping you are having a good day and that your bbq takeout was good
      Adele

• Colleen
      Participant

Hi Adele,
      Potato soup and strap him to the chair. We found some tick medicine that is supposed to keep them off of him when he is outside doing all his work. I will call it work but he is just playing around.
      The take out was really good. The bbq place that we usually go to was closed today. So we went to this other place it is called Sugar Fire. They had some really good food there. We got the ribs.
      Did you do anything today? Hope you did some fun things today. Hope all of your family is doing well.
      Colleen

• adele shanbar
      Participant

Hey Colleen
      I hope the medicine works Tics are dangerous
      Bobby bbq’d. It was just us. Nobody came over. It was a quiet birthday for Gary
      JJ was here for a few days over the weekend. I muss him already
      I did a lot of quiet needlepoint. Needlepoint therapy. Lol
      Hope you get good news on Ron soon
      Adele

• Gail Norusis
      Participant

HI Colleen,
      I am glad that Ron is doing better. It sounds like he may need some potato soup to whip him into place. lol I wonder why he needs the sun protection-is that related to the tick bite?
      We had a good weekend-we picked up food twice! Saturday night we were driving over to a local restaurant to pick up their prime rib specials and we got part way there and we realized that Greg didn’t have a mask. So we were just about ready to turn around and get one when I remembered that I had one in my purse with (of course) butterflies on it. lol So he wore that into the restaurant for the pick up. lol He is really good about wearing the mask. He is much better in his older years about following doctor’s orders and such.
      I feel bad for him though because he got a tooth extracted on Thursday and was fine the first day but as the weekend wore on he started having more pain. Of course he wouldn’t call the emergency number because of the long weekend so he was in pain and called this morning so is going in again later today. I suspect he got one of those dry sockets. I was surprised that they did not warn him to keep an eye out for that as I remember when I had molars pulled and the kids had wisdom teeth out they always mention that as a possibility and this was the same place that the kids had their wisdom teeth out.
      As to the people at Walmart and mask wearing-they are telling people to wear masks going in but they don’t enforce it when people are inside because people get all mad and nasty and WalMart doesn’t want to get their workers hurt for something like that.
      I am amazed that people have made such a big deal about mask wearing when it is for their own good and the good of others. In France you get a fine if you don’t have your mask on-simple as that.
      Obviously we know people that have had covid since Jenny was exposed from a girlfriend and we also know people who have had friends and family members die so it’s out there-just in some places there is more of it than other places. I think the scariest thing is you can be standing right next to someone who has it and never know if they are asymptomatic-yet you could catch it from them. Which is why we are staying home for the most part.
      Your barbecue sounded good. Greg, loves his barbecue. Whenever we travel he looks for barbecue places. I hope next summer we can travel again.
      Gail

• Gail Norusis
      Participant

Hi Adele,
      It was quiet here too. No family barbecues. Gosh I miss our Fridays with Jenny and the kids. By the time we can get out again we will have lost probably a whole year of their lives. And at this stage in our lives that is a lot of time. But we want to stay safe so we can be around for more.
      Greg had two golf outings one on Friday and one on Monday.
      I hope the grands get over not wanting to come to your house-hopefully it will be something that they can work through. They have to start coming over again so you all can make more happy memories together.
      How old is JJ now? Tell him Happy Birthday. When does school start?
      Piper told me she was going camping with Isla(her cousin) this weekend. I wonder how that was.
      Also tell Gary Happy Belated birthday. Did you get him something nice?
      We listened to a Fleetwood Mac tribute concert Friday night and the local folk music concert on Sunday so that was our entertainment.
      Usually there is a big county fair labor day weekend but of course that was cancelled.
      DWTS starts next week. I hear that Derek Hough is taking Len’s place. Not sure if that is true or not. It makes sense as why would a man his age want to be traveling back and forth from the UK during the time of covid.
      The Masked Singer is coming back towards the end of the month.
      I have no idea when other shows will be back.
      I am still catching up on Greys Anatomy lol-maybe I can catch up before it starts up again. You know after watching it from the very beginning I finally realized that I don’t much care for the character of Meredith-she’s kind of a self righteous know it all. I think I still have about a dozen episodes to go maybe more.
      Did you watch Zoey’s Infinite Play List-I really like that show and am catching up on those episodes. She hears other people’s thoughts in music.
      I should have caught up on more shows during quarantine as i still have lots of episodes recorded. Well, I’m not going anywhere so I have time. lol
      If you watch Mom Ana Farris is leaving that show but I think Alison Janney can carry it without her.
      It will be interesting to see if any shows address covid or just ignore it.
      I just remembered today is Tuesday-not Monday so AGT will be on. I wonder if Simon will ever get to come back. I am surprised that we have not at least seen him on Zoom.
      We are having a rainy chilly week-unfortunately fall is coming.
      Oh, I forgot. Brent is moving to Colorado. I hope we will not have to go through the mountains to visit him. lol
      Gail

• Gail Norusis
      Participant

Whoops I forgot to post some mimes.

Attachments:
    • adele shanbar
      Participant

Omg Gailster
      Why is Brent moving? He just got his house!
      Marissa came by last night and brought Gary a picture she had framed of him and Heather. I’ll attach it. That was his birthday present. I am trying to get him new pants. So far nothing fits right. More are coming. Lol
      I love Mom. I can’t imagine the show without her
      I get annoyed with whiny Meredith on Greys too. Lol
      The kids start school in two weeks all remote. They will re-evaluate in October
      Everything will be so different. It is awful what this virus has done. All the people who are gone. All the families devastated
      Al the moments in time lost not visiting with friends and family. Then add the fires in Ca and Oregon Just awful
      Today is JJs 14th birthday. Imagine!
      Hope you have a good day.
      I hope Greg’s tooth feels better. I had a dry socket. It’s awful
      Adele

Attachments:
    • Colleen
      Participant

Hi Gail,
      That is funny that the only mask you had butterflies on it. Ron would not have worn it he would have let me go in. lol Either that or he would not wear one at all. It is nice to go out and pick something to eat and not to have to cook. We have been picking up food a longer then you have though.
      Today was the first day that I left the house without him. So of course he had to go outside and cut more grass and went out and cut grass in the garden. He is driving me crazy. He has decided that he wants me to fix all these salads that I usually fix for holidays when we are going to have a lot of people. He is driving me crazy. I think that I spoiled him.
      Did Greg call his dentist about his tooth? I have heard that a dry socket can be really painful. I hope that he had it taken care of right away. I feel sorry for him that really messed up his week-end.
      People are just crazy. If you have to wear the mask in there then why take it off when you are in there. I just do not do as much shopping as I would normally. The mask drives me crazy so I make a list and I go in and get what is on the list and leave. If I have something on my list and cannot find it right away I just forget about it.
      We are lucky here. I know that it is out there and we all have to be careful. Our area is small enough that we do not have as many people that live in this area.
      Well that is all from here. Have a great night and stay safe.
      Colleen

• Colleen
      Participant

Hi Adele,
      That was a really good picture of Heather and Gary. Heather was a really pretty woman.That was nice that Marissa gave that to Gary. That is a picture that you both will treasure forever.
      That was nice the Bobby bbq’d. It sounds really good. Was JJ there for the bbq or had he gone home. It is hard when they go home the house seems so quite.
      There is not too much going on here. I wrote all of it in the post to Gail. Have a great night and stay safe.
      Colleen

• Gail Norusis
      Participant

Hi Colleen,
      Yes we just finally started picking up food about three weeks ago. I can’t believe we ate in every night for all those months. It feels good not to have to cook for a change.
      Ha Ha you spoiled Ron and created a monster. lol Actually it’s good that he feels well enough to go out and do things again. I don’t think there’s any holding him back now.
      I don’t think any of us like masks but we just look at them as something we have to do now. Kind of a necessary pain in the butt. I just think when I put it on that I am helping myself and those around me-and it’s a small thing I can do to keep myself and others safe.
      I told Greg to call the dentists number over the weekend but he wouldn’t so he called Tuesday and they saw him later that day. He has a dry socket but it was also already healed up so they couldn’t pack it with stuff like they would normally do. So they gave him something topical to put on it and more pain pills and then he has another appointment today. I’m surprised they didn’t warn him about that when he had the tooth pulled. I remember when the kids had wisdom teeth out they always say to keep a lookout for that.
      It’s chilly here now. in the 60’s. I’m trying not to turn the heat on but Greg is complaining. I like to have the furnace guy out to clean and check the furnaces before they get turned on again in the fall as a safety precaution. I keep on telling him to make a fire in the fire place. He’s mad at me. lol
      Gail

• Gail Norusis
      Participant

Hi Adele,
      Happy 14th birthday JJ! (yesterday) I can’t believe they don’t go back for another two weeks. Our kids will be in school for 6 weeks by then. lol
      It’s hard to believe that JJ is actually your great grandchild as my grandchildren are younger than him. lol However I had my kids in my thirties so I was an old mother. (no comment) and you are a young great grandmother. Well, it’s probably best that the learning is all remote because then the decision of whether or not to send JJ is out of Steph’s hands. I would bet they will decide to extend it in October too. Our schools are not going to reconsider until after the first semester-and I would bet the whole year will be virtual learning and they will try to start anew in September of 2021.
      I hear the Olympics are going to happen next summer virus or not.
      Football starts tonight. Now who will New England fans root for? Belicheck in Boston or Brady in Tampa?
      I’m afraid the Bears will have another sucky season. lol
      That is a beautiful picture of Heather and Gary. I’ll bet he was thrilled to receive that. Although my favorite picture of Gary is the one with the turkey on his head. lol He looked so thrilled in that picture.
      Well, as luck would have it Brent’s house sale fell through. When the inspection happened the owners did not make the fixes that were recommended and since they were considered safety hazards the mortgage company would not then approve the mortgage which ended being a blessing in disguise since he is now moving. He had just interviewed for a new job at the plant where he works and got the job. Then this other opportunity came up to work for the same company in Colorado under his former supervisor that he really liked. So he decided to interview for the job in Colorado.
      He is actually looking forward to the move as New Mexico is hot and dry so he will like the climate of Colorado better. Plus there are lakes in Colorado and he loves to fish and there is no fishing in NM. He will be 72 miles from Denver where there is much to do. Where he lives now you have to drive 2 to 3 hours just to go places where there are things to do. Plus from here to NM is a 18 to 19 hour trip and the place in Colorado is only 13 hours away so he figures with his new schedule he can actually come home to visit. (after there is a vaccine).
      See post to Colleen for updates on Greg’s socket.
      Gail

• Gail Norusis
      Participant

Whoops I forgot my memes again.

Attachments:
    • Gail Norusis
      Participant

I believe that today was Barbara’s birthday. It’s hard to believe we will not hear from her again.

Attachments:
    • Dianne Danielson
      Participant

HI Ladies,
      Well where do I begin. I apologize for not being in touch the past few days. Oregon is on fire in case you haven’t heard, altho I’m pretty sure you have. the whole West coast is on fire. They can be seen from outer space in fact. I wasn’t sure if we’d be told to get out even though there’s no fires close by me. We lost power Monday evening & didn’t come back on till 7 am Tues. morn. then we lost it again 2 hrs later & it was on & off till they got it going after noon. It’s been on ever since.
      The cause of all the fires isn’t carelessness, arson or anything man caused. IT was caused by a cold air mass that came down from Canada through Montana which caused havoc with the winds coming out of the East. We had winds 50-60 mph with wind gusts of 70 mph+, causing power lines to go down, sparking the fires. then the embers got blown around causing more fires.
      Alot of people have lost their homes, businesses, it’s terrible!! Even the Oregon coast is on fire & under evacuation orders. the wind actually blew down a huge safeway sign on the coast. It was like something you’d see after a tornado. The coast is known for getting hammered by the storms coming off the Pacific, but this was a whole lot worse.
      Oh be sure to watch Down Home with David tonight. He’s having a Halloween Spook tacular afterwards. all things Halloween for an hour!!! Adele, did you catch that?
      Take care.
      dd

• adele shanbar
      Participant

Gailster…..Happy Birthday to our Sparkly Angel Missy Barbara.
      I often wonder if she and Heather are up there having some fun times together. I always told Heather about all of you, and she would ask how someone was doing if they were not feeling well, or were having a hard time.

Colleen
      So, you are cooking to beat the band. Ron must be missing all the food you make when your family came over for holidays. Amanda is talking about what we get and make for the holidays. Today I ordered these chocolates that I always have at the holiday table, as once they are out of stock, that it is.
      They are called Quality Street chocolates. They used to come form England, but the company was bought out by Nestle. I think they may still be made in Europe- not sure. They come in a round tin. They are only available at holiday time. My Nonna always had a tin of them at Christmas. The tins have changed over the years. They used to have beautiful purple tissue paper inside – that has not been so for generations. But, the smell is what gets you. You open that tin, and I smell my Nonna’s house at Christmas.
      I hope Ron continues to feel better each day. Did you get the test results back yet?
      I hope Sue is ok. I hope the air where she is has not been polluted with all that awful smoke.
      Also hope that Sue is ok.
      We had rain all day. Sometimes it was torrential, but most of the time it was drizzle. The humidity is through the roof. Makes me real sore….LOL
      JJ did not get the bbq. He did take the sushi home with him. The next time he comes, we will get steak for him, and I will do the mashed potatoes he wanted. I miss him. I miss Aizen too.
      Today we had a group vote on a costume for Sonny. The skunk costume won….LOL I got it on Amazon. When I checked out, there was a t shirt that was black, and said….”Im with the skunk”, with an arrow pointing sideways. I got one for Marissa and Enzo….LOL
      Up-date on Anna- Marissa’s best friends Mom. She is going to rehab soon. She made it through the pneumonia and being septic. Thank God, prayers were answered.
      Hope you had a good day….saw AGT last night. I could not believe the boring suit our favorite host had on- he always wears the coolest outfits.
      At 11:00 tonight the Q is having a Halloween show- I will be watching….LOL
      Adele

• adele shanbar
      Participant

Hey Gailster!
      Thank you, and Colleen for the birthday wishes, and nice comments on Heather’s pic.
      I also love the turkey on the head pics. There is one of Heather with a turkey on her head too.
      i bet the kids will be all remote learning this year. Every college that has opened up with social distancing has already closed to kids in classrooms due to outbreaks. How can they open classrooms for the kids? Just not safe.
      Wow- 60’s???? It is in the 70’s up here with oppressive humidity. Has been drizzling and pouring on and off.
      We will be rooting for the Pats, of course!!
      That is good and bad about Brent. Lucky he did nto get the rehouse before he moves. Maybe he will get a nicer home when he is all settled in! Is his girlfriend going with him? Closer to you is always good!!
      funny you are talking out turning your furnace on. I just booked our annual clean out today.
      Hope you have a good night….did you watch the new show Transplant? I like it.
      Adele

• adele shanbar
      Participant

Hey DD
      Im glad you posted. I have been hoping your area was ok. I hope you don’t have that awful smoke to breathe in. This is just awful.
      It looks like the entire West Coast is burning.
      I have Dave on. I saw the sweatshirt he has on. Pretty funny!
      I will be watching the Halloween show at 11:00. It’s on so late. I hope I do not fall asleep.
      I will be putting the red white and blue Annalee dolls away tomorrow. I just did not feel like it today. It has been extremely humid and raining most of the day. I wish I could send some rain your way. Thus i the first time we have had any in a while. We are in a drought up here. All we have had is heat and humidity.
      I hope you will not have to be evacuated. That’s scary. So is losing the electricity all the time. I am always saying a prayer for you every night. Now, I will say extra prayers.
      Please stay safe!
      Adele

• Colleen
      Participant

Hi Gail,
      It has been rough having to cook all that time. It is good that we can all get food out. I think that our restaurants started opening up earlier then yours did. So we got to quit cooking sooner.
      I hope that Brent likes Colorado. He will more of a mixture of weather there. It will be more like being at home. Does he like to ski? He can snow ski and there is a lot of good hiking areas too. Kevin has a sister that lives in Colorado so him and Danyielle take the kids and go there. They really like going there for vacation. They said there is a lot to do.
      Why are men so stubborn. Greg was in pain for the week-end when he could have called the number they gave him and got something done. Ron was the same way. He would not go to the emergency room and waited to go to urgent care and ended up in the er anyway. Men they always wait to do the smart thing when it comes to their health. I am glad that he finally got it taken care of and is feeling better.
      I do not understand what the problem with people and wearing the masks. I do break out from wearing mine if I have to wear it for very long. That will go away. Kylie has a lot of trouble with wearing a mask. She breaks out really bad but she has to wear one while she works. Her face is broken out all the time from the mask. I think she needs to go to the doctor and get something to put on her face to clear the rash and she may need to find a different type of mask. She wears one that is made from material but they have different kinds.
      It is still hot here. The weather is supposed to get cooler starting this week-end. I hope that they are right.
      Have a great night and stay safe.
      Colleen

• Gail Norusis
      Participant

Hi Colleen,
      Yes, I am glad that we can carry out and they say that it is also pretty safe. it just took us a while to get to the point of feeling comfortable doing it.
      They say that dining indoors isn’t as safe because of the airflow issues so it will be a long time before we go back into a restaurant. I really miss that too as that was a form of entertainment for us, going out to dinner on a Friday or Saturday night. The restaurants in the warmer climates will have it easier as they can have outdoor dining practically all year long.
      Our world sure has changed.
      No Brent doesn’t ski. Neither kid does. I skied a little as a young person-mainly because we had a ski area practically right in our back yard. lol I mainly ice skated-every day after school all winter long-probably from the time that I was 6 until I went away to college. I’m just hoping that he is living far enough east that we don’t have to go through mountains to get to him as we all know I have a bad relationship with mountains. I noticed last time we went to Branson even the mountains around there bothered me more than they had the previous time and those are relatively small mountains compared to the Rockies. I think if I had to drive through the Rockies I would have to take many sedatives. lol
      I think Greg did not want to bother the oral surgeon over the holiday weekend but if I was in that much pain I would call-that’s why they give you the emergency number. I used to feel like I did not want to bother people but not anymore-I guess I got older and crankier.
      I would look online and see if you can find something for Kylie’s rash from the mask. A lot of people have that same problem and I’ve seen it talked about on shows but never paid attention to what they recommended but I bet if you Google it you can find some things to try.
      We are quite cool here but are supposed to warm up next week. This time of year we can have anything from 50 to 80.
      Gail

Attachments:
    • Gail Norusis
      Participant

Hi DD,
      I’m glad that you are safe and have power. Those fires are horrible. I am so saddened by the lost lives and homes and businesses. Sometimes the sadness in the world is overwhelming.
      I thought I read somewhere that one of the fires in California was caused by some device used in a gender reveal party. It’s so hard to tell now a days if what you read is true or not.
      Sometimes I think the world was better when we just got our news from the regular stations once in the morning, once at noon and once at night. The cable news channels all seem to be slanted either on one side or the other. It’s hard to find impartial plain old news reporting.
      I hope the fires will be put out and you will continue to be safe.
      Gail

Attachments:
    • Gail Norusis
      Participant

Hi Adele,
      I definitely think Barbara and Heather have linked up and are probably giggling at us when we do crazy stuff.
      I am so glad to hear that Anna is doing better. That is a relief. Continued prayers for her recovery.
      I like the skunk outfit for Sonny. I remember Kendall’s first Halloween-she was a Lobster. It was so cute!
      I could just look at those baby Halloween outfits for hours as they are all so darling.
      Hey, the furnace guys are here right now. I made Greg be here when they came because he is usually never here when repairmen come and then he is always asking me what they say and I can never explain it. lol So now that he’s home all the time he can take over that responsibility.
      I can’t believe that JJ eats sushi! I won’t even eat it. lol Modern kids! lol
      I didn’t watch Transplant as I don’t want to get involved in another hour drama. I can’t even keep up with Grey’s Anatomy and the sitcoms. We watch a lot of the singing competition shows so i have dropped a lot of the scripted shows. Plus I still watch two soaps-sometimes I wonder why-habit I guess. lol
      We have had rain all this week but no humidity-just chilly. We had a fire in the woodstove all day yesterday-it was kind of cozy.
      You are right. Closer for Brent is better. I’m afraid the cost of living will be higher where he is going so I don’t know if house buying will be in his future there for awhile. I think his girl friend will probably go with him. She had been out of work since the pandemic so she wouldn’t be leaving a job. She does have a son so I don’t know how custody will work in that case but i can’t remember if the father is even around at all so it may not be an issue.
      The furnace guys are done and hopefully we won’t have to replace the old furnace for another year. One of the furnaces is close to 25 years old so I know one of these years it will need to be replaced.
      Gail

Attachments:
    • Gail Norusis
      Participant

I just want to take a moment for remembrance on this day.

Attachments:
    • Colleen
      Participant

Hi Gail,
      The dress with all the pockets with cats n it is a riot. I do not think that I would want that many cats. That would be uncomfortable with all the little critters moving around.
      It is nice to find a restaurant where you can eat outside right now. If there is not a lot of places around here that have outside dining. Around here it is either too hot or too cold. We do not have any days where it is perfect to sit outside. We do not have as many nice spring days here lately. Maybe next year we will have a nice spring.
      I hope that he lives far enough away that you can visit without going thru the mountains. I really hope that he like it there. He may start skiing after he lives there for awhile. Either that are he will start hiking. Is his girlfriend going with him or is she staying in NM. Maybe he wants to just get a fresh start without anyone with him.
      We are trying to find something to help her out with her rash. I will have to google it and see what we find. She works in a restaurant as a cook and that makes it worse. She makes sandwiches but does not have to fry food. We are trying to get her to go to culinary school since she enjoys cooking like she does. She could make better money if she was a chef. She could also work in a nice restaurant and not just be a fry cook.
      Well that is all from here. Have a good night and stay safe.
      Colleen

• Colleen
      Participant

Hi Adele,
      I tried to e-mail th other day and it all just disappeared. That gets so aggravating and it makes me want to throw my lap top out in the trash. I am looking for a new internet company.
      Maybe they will get another supply of the candy before the holidays there is still time. It is hard to get some things and it does not make sense. Maybe a lot of people are ordering on line right now.
      Ron is feeling better and doing more each day. He still gets tired easy but that is expected. He really went thru a lot. I am glad that he came home and was not around any one with covid. He did have a private room I think because he did not have a disease that could be passed on so they did not want him in a room with someone who was really sick. It was just nice that he was in a room by himself.
      It has been awhile since Sue has posted. Hope she is okay. I am glad that DD posted. I cannot believe all the fires that are burning on the west coast. It is really scary for all those people and their families. It doesn’t take much to get fires going like that if it is dry out and there is a storm with lightening.
      Grayson was here today. He is such a little cutie. He just smiles all the time. Brook was here also usually it is just Mandy with the baby. He is crawling all over the place and getting into everything. His smiles just melts my heart he is just so sweet. He is such a big boy and heavy to carry around.
      Maybe the boys will get to come over. How is Steph doing? I hope that she is doing better. Is she eating better then she was.
      Well that is about all from here. Have a great night and stay safe.
      Colleen

• Colleen
      Participant

Hi DD,
      I hope things are okay where you are at. Is the air hard to breathe? I worry about all the smoke in the air that it will hurt people that have a problem breathing. I hope that it is not giving you problems.
      Are they getting the fires under control,yet? I am praying for everyone living on the coast. I hope that they are. It is terrible that the winds can carry the fires as far as they do. I cannot believe they all just lost everything. Did people have enough notice to get some things out of their houses?
      How is snowball doing. Hope he is handling this okay. He must be a lot of company to you.
      Have a good night and stay safe.
      Colleen

• adele shanbar
      Participant

Hey Gailster
      I hope the father does not pose a problem if Brent’s girlfriend wants to move with him. It would be so sad for Brent
      So you do NOT have to go through the Rocky Mountains? That would be great
      I so hope all goes well with the move
      JJ is here for a few days. Steph dropped him off but did not stay to chat. I really want to know how she has been doing but she is avoiding any such discussion
      Sooooo. Now I have an eye infection. My eye bothered me yesterday and today it is red and swollen and painful. Called dr on call and he wants me to go to ER. Told him no. Not risking my health and everyone in here for conjunctivitis. I have ey drops the dr prescribed when we thought I had an ear infection and it was TMJ. So I am using them and called in the refill. I’ll call my dr tomorrow. He would not let me go to the ER for such a stupid thing
      Isn’t it fun JJ likes sushi? Go figure
      I’m watching ITKWD. My usual Sunday activity. Gary is watching the game with our new quarterback. Lol
      It is cool here. Was in the 60’s yesterday
      I have a SIL in California. She has an RV and has been all around the US since her Mom died. She is my x husbands sister I texted her and she is safe But the air she is breathing is not
      Oak so glad Anna is getting better
      I am worried about our DD. They need rain!!
      Hope you have a good day and that Greg’s tooth is better!!!
      Adele
      Ps. A Halloween Quacker show is on tomorrow

• adele shanbar
      Participant

September 11th will remain a solemn day forever
      God keep all their relatives and friends safe
      Adele

• adele shanbar
      Participant

Hey Colleen
      Sonny is crawling too. he crawls very careful. It is funny. He goes form a crawling to sitting position very slow, and makes sure his hands touch the floor. It is so funny to watch. He also laughs every time he sees his dog. He feeds him all his puff cereal, and keeps laughing when Luna eats it. He has a happy little personality, and I pray he stays that way.
      I am glad Ron is feeling better. That was scary!!
      Did you watch the Halloween show the other night? I’m going to watch the Quacker one tomorrow.
      JJ is here for a few days. I could nto e happier! Steph came in to drop him off, but then she left quick, and did nto sit to chat. She looks even thinner than the last time I saw her. I bet she barley weighs 80 lbs. She is less than 5 feet tall, but still.
      Please read the post to Gail for more info……
      Hope you have a good day!
      Adele

• Dianne Danielson
      Participant

Hi Ladies,
      I’m okay, I’m fine. Except for the god awful SMOG that’s hanging around!!! I took pics of it & I couldn’t see the bldgs across the street it was so dense. It lifted a little bit but not a whole lot. Last week we were having almost hurricane force winds, now we can’t buy a breeze to move this smog out. We’re supposed to get some sprinkles in the next day or so, but I’m not holding my breath (pun intended)!!!
      We have the worst air quality in the world!! Portland, Seattle, San Francisco in order. That’s pretty unusual for us. The smog is so bad that the helicopters & fire fighting planes can’t fly.
      I live in the only area that wasn’t under an evacuation notice. I’m in the North end of Portland. this time last week we were without power. That’s what caused the fires were the power lines sparking dry grass or fuel from trees. I got lucky that time!!!
      Diane took me to the store Friday & it was a good thing cuz it wasn’t near as bad as it was yesterday & today.
      It’s been down right chilly this weekend. I almost had to turn on the heat but didn’t want to bring in the smog thru the heater. I have everything shut up but I have a fan on to circulate the air in here.
      I have my fall decor spread out all over the place & snickers is having a ball going around sniffing everything.
      I took pics of the view from my apt, but I don’t know if they’ll come thru. If not I’ll try & crop em so they do.
      Well, that’s all my news from here.
      I’m safe, & fine.
      I think there’s a QF show tomorrow. If I remember it’s on at 1PM ET. Their stuff is so expensive anymore.
      If anyone has any extra rain on hand we sure could use it!!! I see there’s several storms heading your way. Could you redirect em so they’d come over here? I’m being sarcastic of course. My mind is cracking up. Between the virus, & the fires I’m losing it!!!
      I better get off here.
      take care & stay safe everyone.
      dd

Attachments:
    • Dianne Danielson
      Participant

HI again,
      I’m gonna try & see if I can get those pics to show up here.
      dd

Attachments:
    • Dianne Danielson
      Participant

Hi,
      hey it worked!! as you can see the difference between when the smoke cloud came rolling in & when it got here & then the smog!! I couldn’t get them in order but you can see the difference.
      dd

• Colleen
      Participant

Hi Adele,
      Did you watch DWTS tonight? What did you think of Tyra Banks? I did not care for her that much. She does not have the same engery as Tom B had. He also knew how to talk with the judges and the dancers. She is just not a good announcer. We will see how she does as time goes on. I have to mute the tv when she talks. I do like the dancers and the stars that are dancing.
      It is funny that Sonny is being so careful. Grayson just goes and runs into things and does all kinds of crazy things. That is funny he is feeding his dog. The dog must really be gentle with him. That makes it really nice.
      I did watch the Halloween show but they do not have all the cute things they use to have. I wish they would show the masks and thing they use to have. I liked some of the scary things that they had.
      That is nice that JJ is staying with you for a few days. I am sorry to hear that Steph is not looking any better. I wish that there was some way to get her to eat. I have been praying for her.
      Colleen

• Colleen
      Participant

Hi DD,
      That smoke is terrible. It is a good thing that you do not have to go outside for anything. Can you shop and have your groceries brought in to you? It would be nice if you did. We can order and pick it up but we live too far out for delivery.
      I am going to be late getting my fall things out again I have a hard time getting excited about the holidays. I have been Christmas shopping because we have so many to buy for. I do get excited about seeing the kids open the packages.
      They are having the Fallaween show today. Well they did have it on today.The prices are kind of high this year. I was kind of hoping that they would have cheaper prices.
      I hope that they get these fires out soon and your air clears up. You could use a good rain to help put the fires out. That is all from here. Have a great night and stay safe.
      Colleen

• Gail Norusis
      Participant

Wow DD,
      The west coast is really burning up. That would be very scary as you never know which way the fires might turn.
      I wish they could take all that rain that is going to get dumped and cause flooding in the gulf and put it on the fires out west.
      I’m glad you got to go to the store on a day when the air quality wasn’t so bad.
      I have not thought about fall decorating this year. I think I am going to cut way back and not put everything out. Right now I am just not in the mood but that could change in another week and i could get inspired.
      I bet Snowball likes investigating all the new decor.
      Quacker sure does not have all the new Halloween stuff that they had years ago but I’ll bet some of that is because the supply chain has been interrupted.
      All the clothes on the Q are more expensive but I suppose the clothes in stores are too. It’s been so long since I bought clothing in stores.
      I hope you stay safe and get rain to put out the fires.
      Gail

Attachments:
    • adele shanbar
      Participant

Omg DD
      This is terrible for you. I knew your air would be affected and I. Am so happy you are not evacuated. Are you breathing ok ?
      Thus is beyond belief to see the pictures from your window
      So glad your friend got you to the store to get supplies. I hope you get rain and wind to clear the smoke. Praying for you
      Live Adele

• adele shanbar
      Participant

Hey Colleen
      Tyra seemed awkward. I wonder if she will work into the position if host as she goes along. Even her smile seemed awkward and not her at all
      I did love her dress in the beginning and hated her suit she changed into. No audience probably affected her too
      I am glad JJ has been here. School stats virtually tomorrow do I think he may go home tonight
      You will not believe this. I have had conjunctivitis since Sunday and have the worst gout attack ever right now I sure the steak twice in one week plus hamburgers contributed to this. The pain was so bad it made me shiver like Zi had a fever
      I am so tired of being in pain. But I am greatful I don’t have covid
      Hope u have a good day. It is cooler here with overcast skies from the smoke our pie DD has been dealing with
      Luv u
      Adele
      Pa. How is Ron??

• Gail Norusis
      Participant

Hi Colleen,
      I think Brent’s girlfriend will be moving with him. She lost her job when covid hit so maybe she can find a new job. I know she was trying to get full custody of her son earlier in the year so that shouldn’t be an issue.
      I hope that Ron is doing well. those darn ticks can really make you sick and the problem is they are everywhere out in the country.
      That would be good if your granddaughter went to culinary school since she enjoys cooking. Maybe she will decide to do it.
      One thing nice about being a little baby like Grayson is he doesn’t even realize that Covid is going on. He sounds so cute and chunky. One of my favorite times is when they start talking and you can just see the little light bulbs going off in their brains when they realize that all these sounds mean something. They are so sweet and innocent all the bad stuff happening in the world doesn’t matter at all to them. Some days I wish I could be so innocent. lol
      We watched DWTS. I am not crazy about Tyra-and what was up with making that fake crowd noise so loud. You couldn’t even hear what people were saying. I like that Derek is judging so that Len doesn’t have to fly back and forth during the pandemic. Bruno’s hair looked good-didn’t even realize that was him at first from a distance. I miss Tom as he was so quick witted. However, I will keep watching as mostly i just like to watch the dancing and how people improve.
      Gail

Attachments:
    • adele shanbar
      Participant

Ditto Gailster
      Gary was real as l annoyed as to how loud the noise was. I also did not recognize Bruno
      Adele

• Gail Norusis
      Participant

Hi Adele,
      I posted to you and as it was posting the site kicked me off and made me sign in again so everything disappeared. This site does that a lot and i don’t know why. it’s annoying.
      I’m glad JJ is there. does he talk or mainly text his friends.
      By the time we can start going over to jenny’s again Kendall will be at the stage where she stays in her room. it makes me sad that even though we only live a few miles apart we will miss a year of their lives.
      That’s funny that Sonny feeds Luna his puffs. he will have a friend forever.
      I remember when our kids were in high chairs-we would put the dogs out while they ate and after they were done we would let the “cleaning crew” back in to clean up the mess under their chairs. lol
      I hope that your eye is better. Maybe they told you to go to the ER because pink eye was an early sign of covid in some cases early on. I know when Greg had nausea and diarrhea with the kidney stones because that could be a sign of covid they wouldn’t see him in our doctor’s office. They told him to go to immediate care or the ER.
      Yes, i think Steph is trying to avoid conversation with you. She has had a lot of trauma in her life recently. Hopefully she will soon get her appetite back and start eating.
      I don’t really care for Tyra-I didn’t like her on AGt that much either but I will watch because I like the dancing. I found the piped in crowd noise loud and annoying.
      We will have to get you to watch The Masked Singer this season. it starts later in September.
      Gail

Attachments:
    • adele shanbar
      Participant

Hey Gailster
      I hope Tyra Banks gets better in her presentation. I loved Bruno hair…. after I figured out it was him. Lol
      JJ went home. Not sure if he is coming back today as he has remote school tomorrow. Steph had Amanda drive him home. That’s a good way to avoid me
      Omg I hope I don’t have covid. How long between the eye and other symptoms start to show? I’ll google that
      Please Read the Post to Colleen for more info.
      It’s cool here today. Did you hear about the two big ice bergs that are breaking off and will raise the sea level 10 feet? Holy crap. 45 is destroying the entire world
      Did you see him lame answer on global warming yesterday? I hope it floods Mars Lago. Maybe then he will get a clue! So many people are suffering due to his policies
      When I saw the Latino gathering for 45 I wanted to vomit. He does not care about anyone who is not white.
      Sorry for the rant. Must be the prednisone
      Adele
      I heard from Sue. She is ok. Had a lot of doctor appointments

• Gail Norusis
      Participant

Adele,
      I didn’t mean to scare you as I don’t think that you have covid. i was just trying to explain maybe why they told you to go to the ER. Around here it seems if you have any of the symptoms they want you to go to the ER not the doctor’s office.
      Just got an email from my sister-she fell and broke her kneecap. Fortunately just a hairline fracture so no surgery but a big brace.
      She also chipped a tooth.
      Fortunately she has a whole group of girlfriends who live in her town who are coming by to help her out.
      These are the times when it’s really sad to live so far apart.
      Gail

• Gail Norusis
      Participant

Colleen,
      This morning when I was watching the today show they had on something about what to do for the breakouts from mask wearing.
      I even wrote the name down on this boogie board thing but before I could come here and post I accidentally erased it.
      The only thing I can remember is it was some kind of gel from target.
      You might be able to find it on the Today show website-or you could also google or ask a pharmacist.
      i know a lot of people have the same issue.
      Gail

• adele shanbar
      Participant

Omg. Gailster
      I will say a prayer for your sister. That’s awful. Especially now
      I checked. The web said eye infections show up later in disease so I think Im ok
      JJ is back here. He is doing his first day of remote school downstairs in Amanda’s room. She is at her boyfriends
      This is his last year in middle school and Aizens in 1st grade.
      I had a chat with Steph finally she is really struggling with the grief and it is taking over her life. She would NEVER have let JJ do his school from here snd away from her. She is overwhelmed. We’re fine with him here for as long as needed
      She wants to be back with Jhonny and Im not sure that will happen. Too much water under the bridge. She says she still lives him
      Hope your day goes well
      Adele

• Gail Norusis
      Participant

Adele,
      What year is middle school? Here it is grades 4 and 5. Then 6,7 and 8 are junior high.
      So different-in Catholic school back in the 50’s we had grades 1 through 8 and that was it-no titles. lol And sometimes classrooms were combined. I think my first and second grade classes were combined, 5th and 6th and 7th and 8th.
      could you imagine in this day and age the 7th graders being quiet when the 8th graders were being taught and vice versa. The nuns had a lot of control and i feel we got a good education even under those circumstances although we were a bit behind the public school kids in the sciences when we started high school. Now that I think of it I wonder if the nuns even had the same teaching credentials as a public school teacher would have had. Interesting.
      Gail

• adele shanbar
      Participant

HeybGailster
      Here is how our grades go. K to 5th is elementary school. 6 to 8 is middle school. 9 to 12 high school
      AG T is on while I am answering posts etc
      It was nice here today The pool is closed. All that is left is add the extra leaf guard cover and clean the filter My neighbors helped and then JJ went up in the mountain with one of the boys ( they are twins) and then Bunny took them for an ice cream. Heather would have lived to see JJ with Bunny’s boys. They are such nice kids He is in the shower now.
      There were glitches in the remote school. JJ got nothing on period 4 in the iPad and they marked him absent. He emailed his teacher no response. Steph said Aizen did all his class work and they marked him absent. She emailed both teachers in the glitches. School is so weird now. For everyone
      Hope you had a good day
      Adele
      PS heard from Sue she is ok. She had a lot of dr appointments.

• Dianne Danielson
      Participant

Hi Ladies,
      Just a quick note. I saw a post on my InstaGram today that was from Tara Tesher, & there was a clue.
      In big letters was BOO, which I’m assuming means a TSV of Boofetti. Or she’s got new things with Boofetti designs. So be on the lookout for it. No date or anything. Maybe this weekend, not sure.

Gail,
      When I went to school, junior high was grades 6,7, & 8. Then came high school, 9, freshman; 10 sophomore; 11 junior, & 12 seniors. Later they changed junior high to middle school, which makes no sense to me.
      Our air quality hasn’t changed yet. But they evacuation levels are being lowered daily. I was in level 1, be ready,the whole time. The fires are still burning but people are being allowed back to see if they have a home left or not. I can’t imagine finding your home in ashes with nothing left except the chimney left standing.
      Well that;s my latest updates.
      take care & stay safe.
      dd

Attachments:
    • adele shanbar
      Participant

Omg DD
      Please be careful. Are you breathing ok?
      Thanks for the heads up on Boo fetti
      Please keep in touch so we know you are ok
      We all worry and pray for you
      Keep safe!
      Adele

• Anonymous
      Inactive

I know I have not posted in a while. I just have nothing to post about I stay home most of the time. I went to 1 doctor my regular 6 month checkup. All was good. He sent me to have my ankle x-rayed as I have been asking for that a long time. Have not heard anything but it probably showed nothing. I need to go to have my hearing aid checked. It was to be today but they changed it to Friday at 9:30 AM. There was a recall on my car something about the passenger side airbag. I contacted the dealership & the girl called when I was getting ready to go to the doctor so she was going to call back in the afternoon but never called again. I do not know what her name is & when I called it was asking for party’s ext. & I don’t know it. So I will have to try something else. So it has been a lot of things when I am just usually at home.
      Gail sent me her cold weather. We went from the hottest summer on record to cold. I will take the heat back. It is to be a bit warmer tomorrow in the low 70’s but the weekend & next week is to be cold. Sat. & Sun. are to get down into the 30’s overnight & warm to about 61 Sat & only59 Sun. I am hoping I don’t need to turn on the heat but it sounds like I may need to.
      I am thinking of going to go tomorrow to see if there are still tomatoes or if they got to cold. Veggies were hard to come by this summer.
      So there you have my boring news.

• Colleen
      Participant

Hi Adele,
      Melissa said that Kaylee is having trouble doing her work on the internet also. I do not know what it is with the grade schools and having trouble with classes. She was really upset that she cannot figure it out. I will have to tell her other kids are having problems also.
      My goodness Adele. That is a lot to have to handle at once.I hope that you get better soon. Poor Steph losing her mom and Johnny at the same time. You would think that he could have waited until she was better from losing her mom. That is really sad that she still loves him. Is she working right now? If she could find a job that might help her. I will keep praying for her.
      I went to Wal-Mart to get groceries today and there was not a lot of people there. The ones that were there wore their masks the whole time they were shopping. I think that it mostly older people there and they did not want to get sick so they left theirs on. It was nice to be in there and not have a lot of the younger people there pulling their masks off. There was one woman there with her kids. She had three of them and they were all close to the same age. They were so cute. The baby reminded me of Grayson he was chunky and no hair. He would wave at me and just smile. The other little boy was talking to me but the oldest one would not say anything. She said that he was really shy. He was a little red head. The oldest must have been 4 and then the other was 3 and then she had a baby. I do not see how that poor woman could handle all of them in the grocery store. I was wondering also with all the car seats where does she put her groceries. Those seats are big and take a lot o room.
      Well that is all the excitement we had here today. Have a good night and stay safe.
      Colleen

• Colleen
      Participant

Hi Gail,
      That is nice that Brent’s girlfriend is going to go with him. I hope she gets custody of her son ans she can go. That is hard when you have to fight like that to get you kids. Especially when you want to move to a different state.
      It is fun to watch them from this age until they turn 5. It seems like they really learn a lot in those 5 years. It is just amazing to watch them. I heard from Aliza she sends me text messages and it is funny. She just hits all kinds a lot of different letters and then sends pictures. It is funny she just does that once or twice a week. It will be nice when she learns to spell and actually say something. It is fun to do this with her.
      I will have Danyielle look when she goes to target. She has one close to her house we have to drive a long way to get there. I will try it and if it works I will get Kylie a tube of it. I hope it works. I went shopping for groceries and had to wear that mask and when I got home my face was really broke out. I had a longer list this time when I went.
      Bruno did look good and with the social distancing when he starts swinging his arms and getting wild he is far enough away the other judges. He is funny. I was surprised that they are letting that little girl compete on this show. I am not sure how I feel bout it. I just hope that they do not have her wear those sexy outfits that the other women have to wear. I do not know how young she is but she looks too young to be on that show. Maybe I m just getting old and picky.
      Did you watch the Masked Singer the other night. They have a lot of cute costumes. I like the one that was dressed like popcorn in the box that you get at the movies. It will be fun to watch all these shows again.
      Not a whole lot going on here. IN fact it is boring.so I guess that I will get off here. Have a good night and stay safe.
      Colleen

• Dianne Danielson
      Participant

Hi Ladies,
      I’m okay. It’s starting to clear out now. I was able to see more bldgs today. But it has a looooong way to go!!! We’re supposed to get rain tonight. More than they originally thought. Only thing is it brings more
      problems, thunderstorms & lightning. Lightning could start more fires. That’s all we need!! And if we get lots of rain it could cause flash flooding, etc. If it isn’t one thing it’s another!!
      I’ve been putting out my fall decor. Slow but sure. Can;t believe it’s less than a week for the first day of fall.
      Not much else going on here. I hope everyone is safe from Sally.. I see there are more out there just waiting to hit the US.
      Take care & stay safe.
      dd

Attachments:
    • adele shanbar
      Participant

Hi Sue
      That’s not boring news. That is a lot of activity, and things to do to get ready for winter.
      I hope you found some nice veggies. It has been a weird growing year. Too hot and a drought. Tomatoes don’t like that, I would guess. I think they are finicky, as I never had any luck with growing them. They always split and never got real big.
      We are getting cold weather too. It dropped 20 degrees up here between today and yesterday. No sun. It will be the same over the weekend, and maybe in the low 70’s a couple of days next week.
      Did you see AGT? There are a few singers I like. I also find the small man who does acrobatics fascinating. But, he scares the be-Jesus out of me!
      Hope all worked out on the recall of the car, and you were able to get an appointment to get it repaired.
      Adele

• adele shanbar
      Participant

Hey Colleen
      I find it so sweet when other people’s kids talk to you. They will talk to anyone who looks like a nana….LOL
      My eye is better- just a little sore. the gout pain was all gone by day 2. I am still on the prednisone for a while- a taper down dose.
      So, I get the monthly statement for Heather’s health insurance. ( everything is forwarded to me) The bill form the EMT’s and ER room came to 6500.00. The line item for the diagnosis……..”attempted to restart heart and lungs”. It was like a knife through my heart. I cried a little. I owuld have gladly paid twice that price if they could have saved her. In two days she will be gone for 90 days, and still no results on the autopsy. I hope we get it soon.
      Jj found out the period he cold nto get anything on the i pad for school, was a free period for him. So, that was good. So far, it has nto been too bad. He has homework today, and did some.
      I love having JJ here, as it makes me smile. I am praying Steph does not want him back….LOL He gives me a reason to get up earlier in the am, and do dinner every night….LOL
      Steph is the most devastated of the girls. I think it is because she had JJ early, and Heather mothered both of them. I just wish she would come around here more to chat and for support. She feels bad when she is here, as it is where her Mom was most of the time too.
      Did you see AGT? Who is your favorite?
      Please read my other posts for more info of the day….LOL
      Adele

• adele shanbar
      Participant

Hey DD!
      Im so glad the air is better and you can breathe better. I am praying these awful fires stop.
      I have only put out the stuff I recently bought, and some Boo fetti. I have to get the lighted ceramic Halloween ones I made in ceramics out of the bathroom closet. Next week Frankie will get the outdoor lighted things out and out them on the lawn.
      I am very disappointed in the huge Jack O Lantern i got from the Q- it was the fiber optic one. First, I love it. But it is not on a timer. Someone would have to go up and down the stairs every night to put it on and off. they will kill me aorund here, if I do that. So, it has to stay inside. I could put it in the front window. That could work. Still aggravation. Right now it is in the living room….LOL
      Since Steph is not coming over so much, I just am not in the mood to get everything out this year. And then again, I want everything out. I am a mess, I would say. I miss my main helper.
      I love your pics. they always bring a smile to my face. Thank you.
      Hope you are good, and stay safe!
      Adele

• Dianne Danielson
      Participant

Hi Ladies,
      Ahhhhhhhhh relief!!!! We had a rain storm come through overnight & it helped clear out the smog. We had showers off & on all day. So this evening I can see all of Portland, & even the foothills that surround the city. I’ll try to send pics & you’ll see the difference. I went to the store earlier today. It felt wonderful to get out of the apt.. I doubled up on the mask, in case I got caught in a downpour. I didn’t. I could tell the difference the instant I went outside. It smelled like fresh clean air, no smokiness in the air. Tonight I can see the sky, too!! The rain clouds parted & I see patches of blue sky!! I was beginning to wonder if I was going to see it again. LOL. It seems like an eternity since the smoke rolled in last week.
      Oh Adele, did you watch Down Home with David last night? He had a short segment with the cutest Halloween & Harvest decor. they had a 9′ garland for Halloween & a wreath with the same ornaments. The Harvest was darling with different size pumpkins, on the garland & wreath. The wreath was pretty good size too. The ornaments are the shatterproof type like the Christmas ones. Oh yeah, they’re on timers too.

Breaking news that the death of Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg. I didn’t think she had alot longer since she had pancreatic cancer. and she was 87.
      Well, that’s all for now. The weather’s gonna be nice I hear. Hope so.
      take care & stay safe
      dd
      I can’t find my pics so I’ll go see what went wrong & when I find em I’ll send em.

• Dianne Danielson
      Participant

I’m back. I think I got it fixed now so here’s hoping I get em sent.
      dd

Attachments:
    • Dianne Danielson
      Participant

Hey Adele,
      Here are the item #s for the Hay & Harvest & Halloween lighted 9′ strand H22490. For the wreath Harvest or Halloween #224091. both have timers, & are shatterproof ornaments.
      dd

• Colleen
      Participant

Hi Adele,
      We had a fun day today. We went to an outside auction. We kept our distance from people and wore a mask. So we felt pretty safe. We got some nice things at the auction. I found all types of mums so bought 4 pots of them. They are ones that we will have to plant in the ground and then I found one that is in a decorative planter. We will set that one on the deck until it gets closer to fall then we will plant it. I wish that Ron was going to get the hay bails to set the mums on and the scare crows to set up there. We have not put much outside since no one comes over that much. Everything we bought was off the trailer with all the new things that were donated by different businesses in the area.
      I am glad to hear that your eye and your gout is better. That had to be miserable to be going thru that at the same time. My allergies are really acting up and they make life miserable. There was a breeze today and that always stirs things up. It was not bad sitting outside at least. It was not hot and humid.
      It does not seem right that they take so long to give you the results from tests. They just drag things out. They should have let you know a long time ago instead of prolonging it. It is hard to get the bill after someone has passed on. I wish that they could have helped her also. I guess that God wanted her up there with him.
      Maybe Steph will come around and talk to you in a few days. I guess that it just takes longer for some to be able to talk about it. It is nice that JJ is with you. He needs someone around to help him. What about Aizen? Where is he staying? Does Johnny ever come to see them? That would help if he would come around. She just needs help thru all of this
      Colleen

• Colleen
      Participant

Hi DD,
      It is good to see that you are getting some rain and clearing that smoke out. It had to be nice to be able to go outside and go to the store and get groceries. It does feel good to get out. Have the fires started to go out ? I have not heard anything about them still burning as bad as they were.
      We drove by a house and they had the cutest Halloween decorations up. She had a blow up of a ghost and a black cat they were both really big. It was so cute.
      Ruth Bader Ginsburg sure did live a full life. She really did a lot of things in her life. She sure was on the supreme court for a lot of years. She really accomplished a lot in her life time.
      Well that is all from here. Thanks for continuing to post all the pictures. They are really pretty. Have a great night and stay safe.
      Colleen

• Gail Norusis
      Participant

Hi DD,
      I’m so glad that the smoke has dissipated. Yes, the sky pictures look so much better.
      I’m glad that you got out to the store. We need to do that this week as we are low on everything. Even the staples.
      I saw those wreathes and garlands. They were made out of ornament material. years ago I had a Christmas wreath like that.
      Gail

Attachments:
    • Gail Norusis
      Participant

Sue,
      Your news is not boring. None of us are going out and doing things-we are all staying home. We just talk about what we are doing or what we are watching on TV or what we are cooking. Just normal every day stuff that we all do.
      I’m glad your doctor check up was good. That is always something to celebrate at this stage in life.
      I hope your weather will warm up again. We will be in the 70’s this week. Today is the last day of summer. Boo Hoo. Mostly I hate giving up the shorts and the sandals and wearing socks and long pants.
      It seems like we had some recalls on passenger side air bags too at one time. That must have been an issue in lots of cars.
      I think we may have just bought our last corn of the summer plus we got some good canteloupes from the stand too.
      Gail

Attachments:
    • Gail Norusis
      Participant

Hi Colleen,
      I like that Aliza texts you. That is so cute. You know the kids keep wanting cell phones at younger and younger ages as they see their parents with them all the time.
      You must have very sensitive skin to have a rash from shopping with the mask on. I think some people have better luck with the cloth masks and other’s with the paper masks. I guess we have to try different kinds and see which works best. I normally don’t have a mask on for very long so thus far i have not had any problems.
      The Masked Singer starts Wednesday. I didn’t get to see that preview show of the costumes. I had it set to record but for some reason my DVR only recorded about ten minutes of it. I have no idea why that happened. Sometimes Greg touches buttons accidentally and screws things up. He is kind of a danger with that remote. lol
      I think the young girl that you are thinking of on DWTS is Skai Jackson. She is 18 years old so she is not a little girl. She is just very tiny. She is from the Disney channel and usually those dancers do pretty well as a lot of them are triple threats, singing acting and dancing.
      Gail

Attachments:
    • Gail Norusis
      Participant

Hi Adele,
      I hope the kids are getting the back to school glitches ironed out. I have a feeling that kids will not be learning as much this year as they would in a normal year-but something is better than nothing and they are all in the same boat. It’s hard to believe that such a tiny little thing that we cannot even see can have had such a massive impact on the whole world.
      It’s weird that middle school and junior high are the same thing just depending on which area of the country that you live in.
      There are a lot of singers in the finals of AGT this year. I hope the spoken word guy wins-he is mine and Howie’s favorite. lol I also like the little man that flys in the air. Did you ever notice that on the ground he is bowlegged and when he flies his legs are straight and toes are pointed. I like the Bello sisters too but I doubt they will win.
      You know you can go to amazon and get a plug in thing that will convert that pumpkin to a timer. I would check it out. I’m almost sure that I have gotten something like that from Amazon before.
      I had two fiber optic pumpkins that I always just loved. A couple years ago I gave one to Jenny so she and the kids can enjoy one in their house also. It’s still one of my favorite decorations after a lot of years. Plus I got them for a bargain price as they were from a Hallmark store that was going out of business. Love a good bargain!
      We went over to Jenny’s Saturday. it was a beautiful sunny day and we all sat outside on the patio while the kids played in the yard on the trampoline. We also picked up lunch for all of us from the taco truck. So we were there for about two hours. My soul just needed that! Until then we had only seen Jenny and the kids for ten minutes at a time now and then since March. It was nice to actually be able to have a conversation with everyone again. Unfortunately we won’t be able to do stuff like that much longer as winter is coming.
      I pray every day that next summer I will be able to see and hug my kids and grandkids. That’s really all I want.
      Thank goodness Greg and I have each other.
      Gail

Attachments:
    • adele shanbar
      Participant

Hey DD
      The pics are great. So glad your air is back to normal I was worried about you!
      Thank you for the Halloween numbers. I will look them up
      I have still not decorated Just some Boofetti and lighted stuff I got from the W last year and the two I got this year. I know there will not be any trick or treat so I feel not much to do. I am putting out the black silhouette witches in the lawn
      That huge pumpkin I got won’t work outside because iris not on a timer. Very bummed about that!
      Hope your day is going well
      I made two different loads of bread and chicken soup with matzo a balls yesterday. I am starting to feel like myself again. I hoe it stays this way!!
      Adele

• adele shanbar
      Participant

Hey Colleen
      Lease read the post to DD for the info of the day. I am so behind in posts!
      Last couple of days were hard and then I seemed to turn the corner. I cooked and today made two different loaves of bread
      Lol
      We had to put the heat on the last two mornings. We had a frost
      Aizen is with Steph. We still have JJ and I hope he stays. It’s so nice to have him around. I know I can’t keep him, but I want to. Lol
      Glad you had such a good time at the fair/ market!! You go girl!
      Adele

• adele shanbar
      Participant

Hey Gailster
      Please read the other posts for all my info
      I have the oven heating up to bake the second loaf Attaching a pic of the first one and what is left for dinner. They have all been eating it since it came out of the oven. Lol
      Also attaching the other stockings I have not done. Finished Tillies tree stocking and I am working on Marissas snowman one. I am on a needlepoint roll!
      I love the guy who dies the poems. His first one had me sobbing as it was about his brother who died. I also like the small man. He is so sweet
      Have a goodnight.
      Adele

Attachments:
    • Colleen
      Participant

Hi All,
      I watched DWTS tonight and I do not like Tyra Banks at all. She never quits talking. The judges get cut off but she just talks on and on. I wish they would cut her off and let the judges talk longer. I like how they vote now though. The judges have the last word and I think that is good. I think that is how they vote in England. I think more of the good dancers will stay in the show longer. I would have never guess that the younger dancer was 18. She looks like she is 12 or 13 to me. I knew she had to older then that or she would not have been on the show. She does look young.
      Adele, your bread looks delicious. Wish we could reach thru the screen and get a piece. Are those stockings that you are making for your grands? They are really cute.
      They announced tonight that they are not going to cancel Halloween. The doctor from the health department said as long as they are outside and do not bunch up it should not be a problem. It is just the Halloween parties where they are inside and activities where there could be a lot of people.
      It is nice that JJ is still there. I hope that Aizen is doing ok. It is probably easier on Steph to only help one child with school work and not two of them. I do not know that I could work with two of them at the same time.
      Gail, Aliza has to use her mom’s phone. Owen does not have a cell phone yet either. They are going to make him wait until he is in high school. Right now they pick him up from school and he is not home by himself. So they do not feel that he needs a phone. When he goes out on his own or does things after school then he will need one. I do have sensitive skin. I cannot wear make-up with out my face breaking out. I think that is where Kylie gets it from. I have to be careful what I put on my face even the soaps that I use to wash it.
      The schools are really doing things strangely. They are going to let the kids from kindergarten to 2nd grade go back to school but the older kids still have to do their school work on the computer. After they see if it works they will let the next two or three grades go back until they are all back in school. This does not make sense to me but I guess they have their reasons. We will see how it all works out.
      That was nice that you got to spend time with Jenny and the kids. It is nice to get to spend time with them and see them in person. We are supposed to celebrate our anniversary Sunday. The kids are coming over on Sunday and we are going to have dinner with them. We will not have anyone else here. It will be nice to celebrate though.
      Colleen

• Gail Norusis
      Participant

Hi Colleen,
      I agree. I don’t think Tyra brings anything special to DWTS at all. In fact she makes me sort of uncomfortable. She just doesn’t seem to have the timing right and then is always hurrying the judges. Of course Tom was a master and those were big shoes to fill. I guess these people never heard the saying”if it ain’t broke don’t fix it”. lol I think they did the same thing last year after the Bobby Bones debacle where the judges pick who is going home. I think they do it until the finals or semi finals-I know it is not until the very end but can’t quite remember when they stopped last year.
      I think a lot of places will let kids trick or treat as they have lost so many fun things already. They are outside and moving quickly from place to place so hopefully it will be a safe activity.
      I figured Aliza was using Danyielle’s phone. I just think it’s cute that she is “texting” you. Soon enough she will be able to spell real words.
      I think they are trying to send the K through 2 kids back first as they feel those grades have the most struggle with not having in person learning. Imagine just starting school and not knowing what its about as a kindergartener and then having to do it all over the computer. It would be so hard.
      Hey, I’m hoping when the kids come over to celebrate your anniversary this weekend that they are bringing the food. Hopefully the weather will stay nice for your get together.
      Gail

Attachments:
    • Gail Norusis
      Participant

Hi Adele,
      You have been a busy little beaver! Wow! Can I come over and have some of that bread. I love home made bread-I would be eating it right out of the oven like everyone else. sometimes those cooler temps makes a person want to hunker down and cook. I am glad that you are feeling better. Having JJ there to nurture obviously helps. However, I doubt that Steph will let you keep him. lol
      I love the idea of being able to needlepoint the stockings and then just being able to zip them shut. Easy peasy!
      You have a lot to keep you busy and everything is so cute! Does baby Sonny have a stocking?
      We have a grocery pick up later today so that will be our big afternoon out on the town. lol
      We were really down to the bottom of the barrel on groceries. So we will have a full pantry again.
      Gail

Attachments:
    • adele shanbar
      Participant

Hi Colleen!
      I am making a mini stocking for everyone. I have finished the ones for Aizen, JJ, Sonny, Tillie. Enzo, and I am working on Marissa’s. They are keeping me nice and busy.
      So, today I made brownies. Gary is doing hamburgers on the grill as the weather is nice here today. Not sure what I will make tomorrow.
      I agree. I thought Tyra was going to get more settled into her role. But it seems like she is tkaing it over. i also noticed they are not showing much of the practice and talking about the dancers as much. The young girl looks like a baby. It is weird to see her dance as she looks like she is 10, and dancing with a grown man.
      I heard something different on Halloween. they are saying trick or treat is too risky, and to do something with the people you have been associating and know are safe.
      Very weird.
      I had Frankie go into the attic, and get all the lighted things down form the Q. I put some in the living room, and some in the kitchen. I also have the big witch that talks when you go by her down….LOL I am not sure if I will get any more out.
      Aizen has not been here in a while. Steph says it bothers her to come over, as it reminds her too much of her Mom. So, why bother with more for this year? If I miss my witch collection by this weekend, I will get it out….LOL
      Hope Ron is feeling good, and the kids school is going better. There are still glitches with Aizen’s school. JJ’s is fine, so far.
      Have a good night!
      Adele

• adele shanbar
      Participant

Hey Gailster!
      Those pics are funny! I could use all the laughs I can get.
      I made brownies today. The crew is quite happy I am baking again. Accept it got very warm up here- near 80. The kitchen was real hot. Brownies are very easy. You don’t even have to cream butter- just melt the butter, and add ingredients and you are done. Can’t be easier than that! The house smelled so good. Nothing like the smell of chocolate.
      How did your outing go?
      I still am limited on what I can get up here. One package of toilet paper. No Clorox or Lysol wipes available anywhere. They lifted the ban on meats, but there was no chicken breasts with bone and skin. I can get it form a pricey butcher shop, which I will have to do as I have no more.
      They are saying real estate has gone through the roof up here- low interest rate, and no inventory.
      Yes, Sonny has a stocking. I did his first. He has the Santa one- Aizen has that one too.
      Poor Gary is too tired to cook the burgers, but he has to. he is very grumpy….he just fired up the bbq. Thank God they are easy to do.
      Hope you have a good night!
      Adele

• Dianne Danielson
      Participant

HI Ladies,
      WE GOT RAIN!!! And I’m not talking showers, I mean a full blown storm. My windows got a good washing off. Hopefully it’ll help with the fires. I think they were nervous about the wind but with the amount of rain we’ve had I don’t think the fires could spread like they have been. they won’t be totally out till it gets really cold & snows alot in the next months. trees can burn inside & even underground for a long time. I didn’t know that.
      Maybe it’ll help keep the protesters home. they stayed home during the week we had the smog.
      Adele, that bread looks delish. I used to bake bread, but those days are looooong gone. and those stockings look adorable. I never got into needle point. It’s good to have a hobby to fall back on.
      I’m getting decorated slowly but surely. I have everything sitting out, just not organized.
      Hallie has found me a tv for my bedroom. She finds so much stuff on the internet. she has this one app where you can find free stuff. Well it turns out this family just upgraded their tv & had one to get rid of. she told them about me & they gave it to her. she found the one I have in the living room the same way.
      I’ve had to move things around in the bedroom & someone isn’t happy about it. any guesses who it is?
      I had to shut her out of the bedroom the other night cuz she was bouncing off the walls, ya might say.
      she kept waking me up climbing on things. so I finally shut her out when she ran out. she knew she was in trouble, so she beat feet to the living room.
      I don’t watch DWTS anymore. I lost interest after they kept giving the good dancers the boot for the bad ones to win. I don’t know any of the people anymore. I know the judges, but that’s all. I saw a commercial for the show & was shocked to see Bruno. I almost didn’t recognize him!!
      Well, that’s all for now.
      take care & stay safe.
      dd

Attachments:
    • Colleen
      Participant

Hi Gail,
      I did not think that you thought Aliza had her own phone. I was just talking about Own not having one. It is hard to understand why all these kids have cell phones.
      They needed to find someone who was more experienced at being a host. Tyra Banks is just not the right person for this job. I agree if it is not broke do not fix it. I just mute the tv when she starts talking. She never lets anyone else have their turn at talking.
      Aliza will be excited if she gets to go trick or treating. She had been staying at home most of the time. Now she can go to school and do somethings. They are also thinking of opening the parks again. That will be nice if they can go to the park again. We have taken her to Elephant Rock but she could get on the swings they had taken them down. At least she go to climb around on the rocks. That was nice that she had fun doing that.
      We are getting food from that shell fish restaurant. It will be nice to get that and they ordered a cake for us. We will go and pick up the food and then the girls will pay us for it. It is just easier to do it that way.
      The memes are always funny. It is good to have something to smile and laugh about. It seems like everyone is so grumpy these days we all need a good laugh.
      Colleen

• Colleen
      Participant

Hi Adele,
      You have been busy. You have a lot of them made already and they look really cute. I cannot do needle point either. I am not any good at it. I am trying to teach myself to knit. I am not very good at that either.
      Your brownies sound really good. That is nice that Gary grilled hamburgers. Ron went and picked up food at a bbq place in town. I had chicken and he had a pork steak. Their food is so good.
      I wish that Steph would feel different about coming to your house. How does she live in that apartment building her mom lived there also. She needs to get over this it is hurting her and the boys. I hope that she brings Aizen over soon. He needs to see you and Gary. I imagine that he misses seeing you two. I am glad that the other two girls do not feel that way. How is Sonny doing?
      It will be fun to have all your decorations up. It will make you smile to see them and JJ will enjoy having them up. I love all the decorations for all the holidays. They go all out decorating in the little town by us. They have Halloween decor out right now. I wonder if they are having some type of contest or something.
      I have to clean house tomorrow. I am not looking forward to this. It would be nice if my grans would come over and offer to help. That will never happen but a grandma can dream.
      Have a great night and stay safe.
      Colleen

• Dianne Danielson
      Participant

Hi Ladies,
      I forgot to say happy fall everyone! I hope your weather is cooling off now. It sure cools off quickly out here once the sun goes down. I’ve had to turn the heat on too. It sure came out of nowhere. We were frying one day, wearing a jacket the next it seemed like. I’m just about to put my heavier blanket on the bed.
      I’m glad for the rain, it cleans the air from all that smoke & pollen, & whatever crap is in the air.
      Well, I’m gonna sign off again. lol
      dd

Attachments:
    • Colleen
      Participant

Hi DD,
      I am glad that you are getting rain. Hopefully it will put the fires out. I saw on the news that some of the people are getting to go back to their homes and see what is left of them. That would be heart breaking to go back home and see that everything is gone. The people that they talked to are going to rebuild. I hope that things go better for them if they rebuild.
      That is nice that you got a tv for your bedroom. That is funny that Snowball is upset about the room being different. Hopefully he will adjust and be able to come back into your room.
      I may not be watching dwts for very much longer. I just do not like Tyra Banks as a host. I mute the tv when she is talking so it is muted for most of the show.
      I really appreciate all the pictures that you post. They are also so pretty. I like the picture of the ocean and the sun setting. That is calming. Well that is all from here. Have a great night and stay safe.
      Colleen

• Gail Norusis
      Participant

Hi DD,
      I’m so glad that you finally got the rain.
      I like the picture of the dog and the kids in the apple orchard. It reminds me of when the kids were in kindergarten and we took field trips to the apple orchard.
      How nice that you were able to get a TV for your bedroom. It’s nice to be able to snuggle under the covers and watch a show.
      I had the same reaction when i first saw Bruno-I didn’t recognize him but I like the natural hair on him-it looks good.
      It sounds like Snowball is the quintessential curious cat. lol
      We are going to have warm weather for the next three days and then next week back to the chillier temps. I had to finally turn the air back on and next week we will have the heat on most likely. That’s how fall is around here.
      Gail

Attachments:
    • Gail Norusis
      Participant

Hi Colleen,
      I know a lot of junior high kids have phones if they have after school activities and need to call for a ride home or if the kids are home after school before the parents come home from work they should have a phone for safety purposes if there are no land lines in the house. So I think for safety reasons some younger kids should have phones. It’s all up to the parents. I don’t envy them having to make all these decisions that we didn’t have to make.
      I don’t care for Tyra but by the same token i feel bad for people dumping on her all over social media. Sometimes i think it was a better world before people had the opportunity to give their public opinion on everything over social media-twitter instagram and such. People say mean things that they would never say to someone’s face under cover of anonymity.
      In any case-i will just ignore Tyra and focus on the dancers which is really why i watch the show anyway.
      Did you remember to watch The Masked Singer. Those costumes continue to astound me. So far all the singers have been good. The panel is getting better each season figuring people out. (except for Ken) lol They obviously know a lot more about all types of singers and pop culture figures than I do. But it’s just a fun show and boy do we need that now.
      It sounds like you will have a perfect anniversary celebration. No worry about cooking or cleaning up. You can just enjoy the day with your family which is the best celebration. And if your weather is like ours you will have good weather for an outdoor event if you choose.
      I’m glad you enjoy the memes. We do need to laugh. Some times the isolation gets to me. Especially when I also know that I am getting older and don’t know how many more years we will have to get out and travel and do things. So every day I pray that by next summer we will be able to get out and do things and travel again. some days I actually miss going into a grocery store which I never thought that i would say. lol
      Gail

Attachments:
    • Gail Norusis
      Participant

Hi Adele,
      This will probably flabbergast you but i have never made brownies from scratch. I always used a box mixed. But I do make a killer cheesecake from scratch so maybe that balances it out. lol Although i haven’t made the cheesecake in years. Shame on me. lol
      The grocery pick up went well. Now we have a full refrigerator and freezer and pantry again.
      I have not even looked for the wipes as I have seen news reports that they won’t be back on shelves until next year.Although I did recently see a post from someone that they found them in WalMart but I have no idea what area of the country that was. i was able to get a squirt bottle of Clorox clean up. Fortunately i always keep a few bottles of that and 409 in my cabinet so i wasn’t looking for it when supplies were low. Sometimes my habit of having a lot of cleaning products on hand has paid off. lol
      You know the WalMarts around here do not carry any chicken breasts with skin and bones which is how I like to buy them. It also does not carry any cut up fryers. What is up with that? I always like to get cut up fryers as Greg likes the white meat and i like the dark so a fryer is good for a meal and a lunch for both of us. So now we have to get a whole chicken and try to cut it ourselves. Cut up fryers should be a grocery staple in my book.
      Greg’s business partner lives in Idaho and he said the same thing about real estate there. People are paying premium prices for real estate there too.
      I had also heard that more people are moving out of the cities.
      Gail

Attachments:
    • Anonymous
      Inactive

About the cut up fryers. I used to buy a lot of times then they disappeared off the grocery shelves. So I ask why they never had them any longer & was told they needed the space for new items. I too thought it was something that you could get all the time, I think others must have been looking for them also as now they show up now & then but not all the time. So you got to grab them when they show up. Other things that disappeared are what they called pick of the chix. The popular pieces for bar-b-que & such. You can’t find turkey breasts or legs like they use to have all the time & the only time you can get a whole turkey or ham is when there is a Holiday.
      I went to Sharp Shopper yesterday & most had no masks on even some employees or a mask below the nose. They are saying masks are making Corvid less potent as in a milder case for some who get it but people just refuse to wear them. They just do as they please & it show with the number of cases still growing. It is awful over at Penn State. The college kids are sick & now they want to play football. No way I would go over there right now. But it is everyone people say they can’t cancel Halloween as they are going anyway. Yet that is such a good way to transmit from house to house. I am glad we don’t get them here because I won’t open my door to them at this time.

• adele shanbar
      Participant

Hey DD
      That’s great. We are in a drought up here but no fires, thank God
      Thank you for the compliments. I’ll attach a pic of the outside cause Frankie got the decorations out of the shed for me
      It is very humid here today. We’re supposed to get some rain Monday into Wednesday
      That’s great that you have a new TV in the bedroom. Congrats!!! Enjoy it in good health!
      Adele

• adele shanbar
      Participant

Hey DD
      That’s great. We are in a drought up here but no fires, thank God
      Thank you for the compliments. I’ll attach a pic of the outside cause Frankie got the decorations out of the shed for me
      It is very humid here today. We’re supposed to get some rain Monday into Wednesday
      That’s great that you have a new TV in the bedroom. Congrats!!! Enjoy it in good health!
      Adele

• adele shanbar
      Participant

Hey Colleen
      I cannot go knitting. Never could. I tried and it was not easy at all. Lol
      Steph took JJ to his friends house for the night. I’m glad he gets to spend some time with his friend. She did not stay long, and barely spoke to us. She said her dark mood brings people down so she does not want to come around. We told her that was nuts
      Tillies doctor came by yesterday. I am so glad we have an in home doctor for her!
      I had a zoom visit with my arthritis doctor. She’s going to send the VNA to do my blood work etc and possibly get s flu shot too. Tillie will get the flu shot in October per her doctor. Now we have to figure out Gary’s. Lol
      Please stay safe. Aizen does not have as cell phone either. He is too little. JJ has one
      Hope all is well at your place!
      Adele

Attachments:
    • adele shanbar
      Participant

Hey Due and Gail
      What is up with the shortages on chicken with bone in?? Seriously?
      I think the same. Trick or treat is risky right now. I just want to see the boys in costume. They can come for a Halloween dinner
      That’s funny about the brownies Gailster. Brownies are very easy. They are always so yummy
      Gail snd DD.,.,. Live the pics smell memes!!!
      Sue…. is it gross humidity at your place too?
      Adele

• Colleen
      Participant

Hi Gail,
      I did watch the masked singer the other night. It was really good. I could not believe they had a live audience. It didn’t seem like they had that many people there but it just surprised me. Unless it was some type of trick photography. It is going to be hard to pick who has to leave. they are all really good. I thought the guy they sent home first was because they all guessed who he was right away. All except Ken who will never guess any of them. If he was not on there it would not be as funny.
      It is supposed to be nice here Sunday. I am not sure if we will eat outside or not. Since Ron got that tick bite everyone is nervous about staying outside for very long. They finally got the test results on the tick bite. It was some sort of lime disease. I did not realize that there were that many different diseases caused by tick bites.
      It does get tiresome staying home all the time. There are a lot of things that will be different when we go back to normal. It will be nice to go and get a pedicure again. Melissa gave me a gift certificate to get one but have not been able to yet. It is so relaxing to have that done.
      We want to go to Tennessee and see Melissa house that she is living in. The pictures she has sent it looks really nice. It would be nice to see the kids. We are hoping they will get to come home for Christmas. It will be nice if they will be here. That is when I miss the kids the most is the holidays. It is really hard.
      Colleen

• Colleen
      Participant

Hi Adele,
      I just got done writing to you and the whole thing disappeared. It is so aggravating when that happens.
      I really like the decorations you have in your yard. You are lucky to have Frankie there to help with that. That is the only way that I will ever have decorations in the yard. Ron will never put any out and I really love them.
      That is such a good picture of Tillie and Sonny. I cannot believe how the boys are growing. Sonny makes Grayson look like a little butter ball. I cannot believe how big he is especially compared to Sonny. I think that she is giving him too much formula. He is eating baby food and that is why I think she needs to cut down on the formula.
      That is so nice that Tillie’s doctor still comes to the house. Will they come to the house to give her the shot? It would be nice if they come to the house. If Gary is like Ron it will take a lot of talking to get him to get the shot. He never thinks he needs one.
      It is a shame that Steph will not talk to anyone. She needs to start talking to someone and not let this go too far. I hope that it does not effect the boys. It will be really hard on them. They are lucky they have you there to take them to your house. You are a good grandma to the boys.
      Tomorrow is our anniversary party. I am really looking forward to it. It will be fun to have the kids here. Well that is all from here. Have a great night and stay safe.
      Colleen

• Gail Norusis
      Participant

Sue,
      That is interesting that they said they didn’t have the cut up fryers because they need room for new stuff. How much is really new in the world of meat and poultry. I don’t know about the turkey legs and breasts as I have not been in a store since February and even before then Greg would often grocery shop. I wonder if they just don’t want to bother cutting them up. It is weird though as all we can get is skinless boneless chicken breasts but they leave the skin on the legs and thighs. When we barbecue Greg likes the breasts but he likes the skin on as that soaks up the sauce better.
      We don’t get trick or treaters either so that won’t be an issue for us.
      As to the people not wearing masks and social distancing-I guess all we can really control is what we ourselves do and stay away from those people and places. Although it is irritating when you are in a store and others aren’t following the rules.
      I still think that there wouldn’t be such problems if we had a cohesive national response and our leader would follow those same rules instead of flaunting them.
      I hope things are well with you. Did you get the recall on your car fixed yet?
      Gail

Attachments:
    • Gail Norusis
      Participant

Hi Colleen,
      I hope you had a nice day for your party and that you had lots of fun.
      I’m so glad that they caught Ron’s lymes disease early. I hope he is feeling well too. Does he have any lingering effects?
      I never get pedicures as something about people fiddling with my feet skeeves me out. lol
      I cut my nails and Greg will paint them for me a lot of the time. he is a man of many talents. lol He does my toenails a lot better than he cuts my bangs though. lol My bangs finally look normal again and it has to be at least two months since he cut them-maybe more.
      I was curious about the audience on the masked singer so I looked it up. It said that those shots are some sort of virtual reality and that there are actually only a few people spread out in the live audience and the people voting are primarily online and not in the studio. They also cut in some pictures of previous audiences. They wanted to give it a feeling of normalcy so that’s why they used the virtual reality. I didn’t think they would be allowed to have an audience shoulder to shoulder so that’s why i looked it up. So they are being safe.
      I figure we will be spending Thanksgiving and Christmas alone-since we don’t see the kids normally why would we see them then. Especially because you have to be inside at that time of year. Lachlan was already asking Jenny what will happen to the presents that Santa normally leaves for them at our house. lol
      Gail

Attachments:
    • Gail Norusis
      Participant

Hi Adele,
      I like your yard decorations. That looks awesome! The picture of Sonny and Tillie is cute. I like the way he is smiling at her.
      Greg said he will go to Walgreens and get his flu shot so we will be set. We always try to make sure that he gets his since I can’t get one. Believe me I would if I could and used to get them until the last two gave me allergic reactions.
      I actually can knit. Nothing fancy but I can make slippers, scarves and blankets. I don’t do it much anymore although i do have two unfinished scarves in a knitting bag right now. I can’t do anything advanced but I can do the basics. I’m kind of sorry i never had my MIL or my mother teach me to crochet. Although now you can find online tutorials for everything. I learned how to knit way back in college. I had a friend who made these fantastic Nordic sweaters with the intricate patterns that required a bunch of different colors going at the same time. I could never do that.
      We are back to cooler overcast weather again so I had to change from AC to heat again.
      Greg is off to the dentist this morning and hopefully his last league golf this afternoon if it doesn’t rain.
      Gail

Attachments:
    • Gail Norusis
      Participant

Here’s a picture of Greg’s gnome house.

Attachments:
    • Anonymous
      Inactive

Greg is so talented. Love the gnome house.
      I have not seen anything new but that is what they said about the chicken. I think bone in has more flavor but I usually pull the skin off unless I want good broth for soup.
      I take my car in tomorrow for the recall & now it is to rain tomorrow. We need rain but why after all these days do I have to have it when I need to be out.
      The letter said it would take over an hour but when I made the appt. I was told 45 minutes so will see. She said they have done a lot of them so maybe they have experience & get it done quicker.
      Today is our last warm day. I have not used the AC so guess I will call & have him take it out. All that is showing in the extended forcast is 50’s & 60’s.
      I just cannot understand why people don’t think Corvid is real. Biden has talked about a nationwide mask mandate but unless someone enforces it people won’t listen. I am worried about what will happen after the election. If Trump loses he won’t go quietly & his followers will probably riot & no one will be safe. Seems like people cannot act like adults anymore. I don’t know why people cannot have different opinions & still get along & work together. I read where The Rock is voting Biden. So people are saying they use to like him but not anymore & have no respect for him. If businesses support one side the other side won’t buy from them. People have lost their minds.

• Colleen
      Participant

Hi Gail,
      Ron does not have any after effects from the lime disease. I never realized that tick bites could be that bad. We have lived here for so long and are used to getting tick bites so we never thought about it.
      We had a really nice day yesterday. It was fun to have the kids here and the food was delicious. We did hear that the place where we ordered the food is moving to a bigger town. I hope what we heard is wrong. They were really crowded yesterday all the tables were filled and the outside tables were also. I just hope that they are wrong.
      I really like pedicures. They can be really relaxing if you like them. I would not want Ron to paint my nails. I do not think that he could do it without making a mess.
      I was wondering about the audience. Glad that you found out how they did that. It did seem odd that the people were sitting so close to each other. It did make the show a little more interesting.
      Greg really did a good a good job with the gnome house. It is really cute. You expect to see a gnome to come walking out of the door. That was a good idea.
      Well that is all from here. Have a good night and stay safe.
      Colleen

• adele shanbar
      Participant

Hey Colleen
      Thank you for the kind words
      Sonny is growing like Bobby did. Bobby always looked way older than he was. Sonny will be well over 6 feet tall for sure
      JJ really loved the cinnamon bread Zi made yesterday. Lol
      How did your party go.? Happy anniversary!! Hope u took some pics!
      It’s going to rain here soon and get cooler. It is warm and very humid
      I’m doing short ribs in the crock pot today. Never did them before. Lol
      Hope u have a good day!
      Adele

Attachments:
    • adele shanbar
      Participant

Hey Gailster
      It ya good aTilie has an in home now
      My doctors office called. They cannot get a flu shot for me in the home. So I will have to go do my blood work snd get a flu shot at the same time. I’ll have to weigh this out as the numbers up here are getting worst
      Please read the other posts for all the news
      I live the funny pic you post and DDs pics too!
      Gsry could never paint my toe nails. My entire foot would be Odin Ted. lol
      Hope you have a good day. His is Brents move coming?
      Adele

• adele shanbar
      Participant

Live the gnome house. He is very talented!!!!
      Adele

• adele shanbar
      Participant

Hi Sue
      I totally agree. People have lost their minds. It is scary. I am also worried. Dying to see the debate tonight
      I can’t understand what the deal is with chicken breasts with the bone and skin up here. I can only get it delivered from a pricier butcher. Weird.
      I hope it gets cooler soon. I hate the humidity
      Hope your car repair went well!!!!
      Adele

• Anonymous
      Inactive

Car recall fix went well. When I got there & saw all the vehicles waiting for repairs I thought I would be there all afternoon. My appt. was for 11AM. They took it in at 11:05 & I was on my way home at Noon. Did not have to pay anything. They made everyone were masks & the desk had plastic between you & them. No one was complaining. We sit in the waiting room with our masks. I stopped at a drive thru for a sandwich but it was cold until I got home ate it anyway. I got my car there before it rained but it poured the whole way home. Still raining so did not check the mail today.
      Adele I cannot believe you want cooler. We are in the 50’s sure the humidity is high, its raining, but sure not hot.
      I just read my doctor is having drive thru flu shots by appt. So going now to make my appt. Love staying in the car & getting my shot & on my way. Doctor did not give it to me when I was there. He said I should wait until Oct. so this will make it simple.
      Adele what is Odin Ted?

• Gail Norusis
      Participant

Hi Sue,
      Yes people have lost their minds as proven by that debacle of a debate last night. It starts at the top. Plus they needed a stronger moderator. (maybe a military drill sergeant or something? lol) Someone suggested turning off the mike of the person who is not supposed to be talking. A good suggestion for next time. You are right people don’t seem to be able to act like adults. This virus should not be politicized-it should be a common enemy who we all can work together to fight against and keep everyone safe. It’s a good thing the people who are alive now weren’t in charge of fighting Hitler as he may have won against all the people unwilling to make sacrifices like our parents and grandparents did back then.
      I’m glad your recall was quick and safe. It’s nice to have it over and done with.
      I like the idea of the drive through flu shots-I wish more would do that.
      Our extended forecast is similar to yours. Maybe we will still get an Indian summer in October.
      I was wondering what Odin Ted was too-a new color of nail polish? lol I must say sometimes Adele’s typing gives me a good chuckle. lol
      Gail

Attachments:
    • Gail Norusis
      Participant

Hi Colleen,
      Well the lyme disease comes from the deer ticks which are smaller and harder to find on your body so I think they get to stay on longer. The wood ticks which we normally get out here are bigger and easier and quicker to spot. I hate getting ticks on me! Ick!
      I’m so glad that the food that you ordered was good. I hope the place doesn’t move away.
      I thought it was weird that they showed a studio audience too so that’s why I looked it up. Because I am a nerd. lol I guess they did it that way to try and make it look more normal. But it actually makes me feel uncomfortable-even though i know there are not real people sitting close together in the audience.
      The thing that really bothers me is the crowd noise on DWTS. It is way too loud-so is the crowd noise on the football games. You can’t even hear the announcers.
      We have put some little gnome figurines out by the gnome house but the wild turkey’s keep on knocking them over and trampling on them. I told Greg we needed bigger ones but he thought the smaller ones were more proportionate. One of the gnomes is playing a guitar-just like Greg.
      Gail

Attachments:
    • Gail Norusis
      Participant

Hi Adele,
      Boy I have not made short ribs in a long time. My Mom taught me how to make them but for the life of me I can’t remember how she did it. it seemed like she did them in a barbecue sauce maybe low and slow in the oven. She also used to make oxtail soup which I always loved but i have not seen oxtail in the store in years. I remember making it years ago but Greg was not that impressed so I stopped making it. We always put noodles in ours and Greg is not crazy about noodles for some reason. But he loves spaghetti and other pastas-go figure.
      Actually when we would have leftover noodles from soup my Mom would fry them in onions and butter and i loved that too. Our parents were brought up not to waste anything in terms of food. Probably comes from their parents living through the depression.
      Do you put raisins in your cinnamon bread? It looks so good!
      Where do you get your blood work? In your doctor’s office? If you do I have found doctor and dentists office feel very safe so you should be good getting it there. I actually felt safe when I went to the hospital to get bloodwork but I realize we live in a small area.
      I figure if Greg can paint and draw on canvas he should be able to paint on my toenails. lol
      Gail

Attachments:
    • Colleen
      Participant

Hi Gail,
      We have a lot of deer around here. So we do have deer ticks. Deer are pretty and I like to watch them but now that I am not sure I like having them around here. They say that we have had lyme disease around here for a long time and there has been a lot more cases of it here. That is why they figure out what it was right away.
      You are going to have to find a gnome that will scare the wild turkeys away from them. Maybe set him off a little and from the others like a guard gnome. lol That is the only bad thing about living out like we do there is a lot of wild animals around. They can get destructive and make a mess. We had the guineas and they were all killed by wild animals. We have to expect that I guess living like this the wild animals have to eat also. It is how nature works. I think sitting at home is getting to me. I am starting to think about a lot of weird things.
      Well that is about all from here. Have a great day and stay safe.
      Colleen

• Colleen
      Participant

Hi Adele,
      We had a really good time at our dinner. We took some pictures but not as many as we should have. Grayson is pulling up now and standing. He tries to move around but he falls most of the time. He is funny to watch. He gets so mad when he falls he looks at us like he thinks we knocked him down. He will cry a little and then go right back and stands up. He will not give up that is for sure.
      The cinnamon bread looks really good. I can see why JJ likes it. Is he staying with you again or did he come home? I hope that he is staying with you again. It sounds like it is best for both of you.
      It is has been cooler here. We had some rain but not much. It sounds like the fall weather is here to stay which is nice. It looks like we are going to have a fall here this year. It is kind of looking like that. The leaves are starting to turn here. I love to see all the leaves when they change colors. We usually go for a drive to see all the colors.
      There is not a lot going on here. Have a great day and stay safe.
      Colleen

• Gail Norusis
      Participant

Sue,
      I read this morning that except for Melania all the people on Trump’s side of the venue where they had the debate were maskless. The rules going in from the venue was that everyone was to wear a mask. A doctor from the place went over to Trump’s side and wanted to give them masks and they refused.
      Everyone on Biden’s side of the venue was wearing masks per the rules set up before the debate.
      So if our president does not lead by example no wonder we have chaos. I have never in my life seen or expected to see anything like this. It scares the pants off me!
      Gail

• Dianne Danielson
      Participant

Hi Ladies,
      Have you all recovered from that debacle last night? I see where the people in charge of the debates are changing the rules. Like no interrupting the other candidate while speaking. Talk about a playground bully!!! I hope the supporters saw him (45) for the bully he really is. Oh by the way he lied about the Sheriff out here. Portland doesn’t have a sheriff, the county has the sheriff, Portland proper has city police & police chief, and the state has the State Police. and the sheriff came out immediately on Twitter saying he never said he supported him nor does he. Nobody in law enforcement has come out in support of anyone, actually.
      Now I’m really confused. I don’t understand why there’s such a shortage of chicken back there. Our grocery stores have it on sale every other week or so. whole chickens, family packs of thighs, legs, or quarters (legs & thighs together). and of course chicken breasts. wings are outta sight price wise but they do have them in family packs like the rest. I used to get turkey thighs every so often in the off season, but they’re hard to find now, & way more expensive than they were before. I used to get Cornish game hens yrs ago dirt cheap, under a dollar per bird, but now they’re like $3-4 or so each now. It must be the difference between the East coast & West coast. The meat cases are always full unless they have a really big sale & they run out, but they give you a coupon & you can get it when they get a supply in.
      Oh on a more serious note, did Barbara’s son & family move back there? The Napa Valley’s on fire down there. Isn’t that where they moved to? I hope they’re safe back there. Our fires are still burning but not like they were. People are going back to find if they have anything to go back to. the rains we had last week helped alot with the cooler temps. I don’t think they’ll be out until it snows. We’ve been having a return of summer this week. In the mid 80s but it isn’t going to last long. I think starting this weekend it drops down into the 70s, more normal for this time of yr.
      We’re getting some of the smoke from the Ca. fires along with the hotter temps. But nothing like it was a few weeks ago. I can still see the sky, it’s just a pinkish haze, good for sunsets & moon rising.
      did I tell ya I got some of those fairy lights? I put some of them in my fall bouquets & around the decor. I tried taking pics of it & will try to send em along. TRY being the operative word.
      take care, stay safe.
      dd

Attachments:
    • Gail Norusis
      Participant

I started a new discussion for October. See you all there.

• adele shanbar
      Participant

Hi Sue
      I have no idea what I meant with those two words. I can’t find it in the posts. Lol
      It was warmer up here and humid. It is nice now. We had damaging winds but we were ok
      So glad your car repair went well and they had all those safety precautions in place. That was good
      I can’t get the VNA here for a flu shot per nurse who called got my doctor. I am scared to go to doctors office. Don’t know what Zi will end up doing try
      Hope you have a good day!
      Adele

• adele shanbar
      Participant

Hey Gailster
      My mom used to fry the noodles too! We have not done that in years. Lol
      I have to go to the hospital or dr office to get blood drawn. Found out I will not able to get flu shot through a VNA
      Attaching pic of ribs. I did them in crock pot with bbq mustard and beef broth combo recipe. They were delicious!
      1/2 cup Sweet Baby Rays bbq
      1/2 cup beef broth
      2 Tbsp of a good stay mustard
      Salt and pepper the meat
      Cook 8 hours
      Hope you are good
      The debate was bizarre. I am scared about these crazy white supremasists!!
      Adele

Attachments:
    • adele shanbar
      Participant

Hey Colleen.
      A Our leaves are turning too
      So glad you all had a good time. How cute Grayson must be to watch. Babies are our joy!
      Weather finally nice here
      How is Ron doing? How is your daughter? Granddaughter? Are they ok at work? I worry about Amanda at the restaurant
      Hope all us good with you today!!
      Adele
      Ps. Thanks for the compliments

• adele shanbar
      Participant

Hey DD
      Everyone up here is horrified at 45. I’m glad he showed his true colors. He can’t walk those statements back!
      Glad you got the pretty lights!
      I am glad your sheriff immediately went on to tell the truth. 45 is nuts. I’d it scary he is in charge of this country. I hope everyone realizes this snd bites him out
      Hope you are good!
      Adele

• Anonymous
      Inactive

Adele post count 4269 if you want to take a look.

• adele shanbar
      Participant

Hey Sue
      I have to sign into October posts. Lol
      Adele

• adele shanbar
      Participant

Hey all
      We could not see the moon either. Overcast
      Very dark and gloomy here today
      Bobby and Amanda made chicken cutlets and risotto with roasted asparagus yesterday
      I found chicken with bone in at Wegmans and had it delivered through Instacart. But they had no beef short ribs. No popcorn. And no ice cream cones. How weird was that?
      Glad you hit the hit water heater done with No incident Colleen
      Sue hope all is ok at your place. Did you get all the results from your dr apts?
      DD thank you for the updates in the shows
      Gail hope Brents move goes well
      Hope everyone is good.
      Adele

Attachments:
Viewing 123 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Share on Facebook
Facebook
Pin on Pinterest
Pinterest
Tweet about this on Twitter
Twitter
Email this to someone
email

Share this with a Smile
X Close
Watch QVC
top finds links QVC LIVE QVC PLUS QVC UK