Quacker Talk-November 20202020-11-01T11:29:53-05:00

Home Forums General Quacker Chatter Quacker Talk-November 2020

Viewing 83 reply threads
  • Author
      Participant

Hello all,
      Well I was hoping when we set the clocks back I would wake up and find that 2020 had all been a bad dream but no such luck. So now what i am looking forward to is fingers crossed-knock on wood a new president who can bring some peace and some continuity to the way that we are handling the virus in this country. To me that was the biggest decider in this election. Even over riding our own financial self interest. Plus I will just be happy to see an end to the political ads and phone calls.
      The two youngest grands went trick or treating. Kendall stayed home this year. It made me sad. I know I still went until I was out of grade school. She is growing up so fast. Piper was like a zombie cheerleader and Lachlan was like in a hazmat suit-perfect outfit for going out in a pandemic. lol
      Last night we streamed a Johnny Cash concert from our local music house. They are almost at season’s end. There was three concerts scheduled for November but it looks like they have all cancelled.
      There was originally three for December but one cancelled so they are down to two. We’ll see what happens when it is closer to the date.
      Now I will be scrambling for weekend entertainment. During last night’s concert some lady jumped up on the stage and started dancing around. Pulled her mask down but then pulled it back up. She had on a Johnny Cash tshirt and kept pointing to that. The guy just kept on singing. This is a small place with no security and she did finally get off the stage but it was quite bizarre. lol
      We did try to watch the kids at gymnastics again but could not see much as they were mostly on the trampoline and the camera does not point that way so mostly we were watching other people’s kids. lol
      That moon last night was quite spectacular. It shone into the house so brightly.
      I have a new turkey light for my window this year so now it’s time to put that up and I also have a new turkey flameless candle.
      It will be weird with just the two of us for Thanksgiving this year. I don’t think i have ever spent a Thanksgiving without seeing some other family members. I remember when i was a kid and we had to go to both grandparents houses. Talk about being full! lol My grandmother’s made such good meals though. I don’t know if i will cook this year or if Jenny will just drop off plates for us. Whatever it is i know it will be hard. We would always go to her house the day after Thanksgiving for leftovers too. Plus she would make the turkey and stuffing and I would make green beans, 7 layer salad and jello salad so i don’t know how that will work. lol
      I am trying to get as much christmas shopping done as i can as i read there will be shipping delays with so much on line shopping.
      I keep of thinking of this year as a book title. The Year Everything Was Different.
      Now that i made everyone depressed it’s a beautiful sunny day. But windy.
      Have a nice Sunday everyone. Every day is one day closer to a vaccine or maybe even a cure. Prayers for all who are sick or suffering in some other way. This is the month of Thanksgiving so let us count our blessings.
      Gail-your not zombie cheerleader. lol

Attachments:
    • Anonymous
      Inactive

Gail have Greg show you the pictures on Facebook of the kids in their costumes. It looks like Jenny ran in a race with her friends.

The moon was brighter than its been during the day here. We have been so dark & dreary. No sun all last week & seems to be more of the same. I thought it was going to come out a while ago but no still dark. It is cold too only in the 40’s have been in 20’s at night. It is raining with snow mixed in. Sure hope it doesn’t freeze.

I will be glad when the election is over also. All the ads on TV drive me batty as most are lies. I do not answer the calls. I was glad the Penn State game was on last night as about the only thing you can find is Christmas movies. But Penn State has been playing so badly I am not sure it was any better. It was strange seeing Beaver Stadium without all the seats filled. They must not allow any students as the student section was empty. Maybe they are all quarentined as so many have Corvid.
      It is in the schools here & bus drivers. They had said if it kept going up as it has they would go to online learning but now the school district has said no they will continue to have in school classes because the parents threw such a fit as they want the kids in school. People are so nuts here that I am becoming afraid to go out.

I do hope we get a new President. But I am just afraid people still will not listen & take it seriously. Like everyone hates our Gov. & won’t listen to him. And the bashing of the Health Sec. is awful as it is a transgender person & she gets all kids of hate. A man that became a woman. I don’t agree with changing you sex. I feel you are what God made you but would never bash her as is going on. I don’t know if the did a bad job but she sure is not good looking but I would not tell her that.

My friend & 2nd mother will be 100 on Tue. I was so hoping for a party for her but not now. I would be afraid for her to be around others. I sent a card & am going to send flowers. Sam would have been 65 on Fri.

• Colleen
      Participant

Hope everyone enjoyed their Halloween. I hope you post some pictures on the site.
      Have a great night and stay safe.
      Colleen

• Gail Norusis
      Participant

Just had to post a couple pictures for the election.

Attachments:
    • Gail Norusis
      Participant

Hi Sue,
      Thank you-Greg did show me the pictures of the kids. I know Jenny and her friends run several races a year-often coinciding with a holiday. I know there is a Saint Patrick’s one and a Milk Day one although that one didn’t happen this year.
      I don’t answer the political calls either-just let them record their message and then delete it.
      I was saying the same thing to Greg yesterday during the Bears game-who would have thought that we would be watching pro football with an empty stadium. Bars and restaurants had to close in our area again.
      I know what you mean about being afraid to go out. It seems every one is always angry. We are lucky that we live in an area without a lot of people. Do you live in a town with a large population?
      That is awful about the health secretary in your state. People are so cruel. When did we forget our humanity towards people who may be different from us. I do understand what you mean as some men who have transitioned to women still look like men in women’s clothes to me. Like Kaitlyn Jenner-she still has big hands and a man’s adam’s apple-yet some people call her pretty. I just don’t see it. But if she is happy more power to her. I feel kind of sorry for people who feel like they are a man in a woman’s body or vice versa. Life is hard enough without feeling like you can’t authentically be who you are. It must be confusing for children who feel this way. Life is hard and even harder for those who are perceived to be different in any way. It helps me understand how blessed I have been.
      Tell your friend Happy Birthday from me. 100 years is really special and it’s a shame there can be no celebration. You are lucky to have a mother like figure in your life. I know she is a special lady.
      I’m so sorry that Sam was never able to celebrate turning 65. I will say a prayer for him on that day. It seems all the “firsts” after a person dies are especially tough. I will be saying a prayer for you and sending you cyber hugs on that day also.
      We are supposed to be 60 this week but I’ll believe it when I see it. Of course now it’s dark by five and the closer it gets to Christmas it will be dark by four. I hope the rain snow mixture on your roads didn’t freeze.
      Gail

Attachments:
    • Dianne Danielson
      Participant

HI Ladies,
      Let us pray for the country. Pray that He puts in the man He deems fit to run this country! It’s HIS Will be done on earth as it is in Heaven. Pray for our protection against all evil. Pray for peace & calm in this election. And pray for the virus to be destroyed.
      In all of this crisis we have forgotten who is REALLY in charge. It’s long time coming that we get back to whom we have forgotten & get down on our knees, (if we’re able to) like we did on 9/11. Pray that the country get back to being UNITED & not divided as we are now. All lives matter to Him. Lest we forget.
      We’ve been having lovely weather, but it’s about to do a 180 overnight tonight. The rest of the week will be wet, windy typically Nov.
      I hope everyone had a calm Halloween. (I haven’t read the posts yet).
      I’m in the midst of putting away my Halloween decor & getting ready to put out some Christmas decorations. I still have turkeys set out.
      Well, I guess that’s all for now.
      Stay safe & well.
      dd

Attachments:
    • Colleen
      Participant

Hi All,
      I will not be on here for awhile. We were in an accident Saturday evening. e picke Brook up from work and were on our way home and some idiot slam into our back end. Our care is totaled I was the only one that was hurt. I have a broken leg and two black eyes. I have a big knot on my head. So letting my head get rid of some of the swelling and my eyes to lose some color. Will talk to everyone later.
      Colleen

• Gail Norusis
      Participant

Colleen,
      I am so sorry to hear this. Sending prayers for a speedy recovery.
      Gail

• Gail Norusis
      Participant

Colleen

Attachments:
    • Gail Norusis
      Participant

Hi DD,
      Looks like we will be waiting a bit for results. I am so ready for a Biden win and for our country to begin healing and coming together like the great land that we once were. I am praying.
      We are having a beautiful weather week-sunny and 60’s then next week we have clouds, rain and lower temps.
      Greg is golfing again tomorrow. Got to get it in while they still can.
      It was wonderful to see that there were a record number of voters. I hope that is a trend for future elections.
      I don’t plan to start Christmas decorations until the end of the month. But i am eager to see my new tree as that was what i gave myself for my birthday last month. I also bought a few new ornaments from Etsy. I just love gift shopping from there too. You can get such personalized stuff.
      My sister has been ball room dancing for thirty plus years and last year i was able to find her a gift on Etsy that was a clock with dancers in all the different ballroom dance positions. it was just so perfect. This year I got myself a couple of Harry Potter ornaments and a quarantine 2020 ornament. One of my trees has mostly Quacker factory ornaments from when they used to sell them. My other tree has ornaments that i have collected piece by piece over the years and Joan Rivers egg ornaments. However, this year i think I am going to leave the Joan Rivers ornaments off and just use my personal collection. Maybe i will alternate from year to year. I am always changing my decorations up. I know I have some other changes in mind for this year too.
      I usually put the nativity scene on the piano but this year i think I will put it under one of the trees. That’s where it always was when I was a kid. I was always the one to set it up back then too. Maybe i will move the Christmas village from the mantle to the piano and put some different flameless candles on the mantle. I used to put a bunch of flameless candles on the bay window behind the couch but no one can really see them there so maybe i will skip that this year. I have a lot of changes in mind and some scaling back too. We’ll see what happens when i get started. lol
      Gail

Attachments:
    • Gail Norusis
      Participant

Just posting some memes fro a chuckle.

Attachments:
    • Anonymous
      Inactive

Thanks for the laughs Gail.
      I wonder if Adele is still up waiting to see who is President. I told her it would not be soon. Trump plans to take it to the US supreme Court. That is why he was in a hurry to get his pick through. He had planned this all along. He just will not accept defeat. Do you see the difference Biden is calling for patience & unity & Trump is still dividing people. Who would you rather have the calm one or the one carrying on? Such a difference.

Our Covid 19 case are worse than ever before. Even our county is very bad. I am getting scared to go out at all but have no choice. People won’t wear masks. won’t social distance, gather in crowds small & large & will not cooperate with contact tracing. They say it is nobodies business where they have been. I have never seen such selfish people that are not concerned about anyone. The schools are bad but people insist they remain open for in person learning. They just announced they are closing for 2 weeks as they do not have enough teachers to cover classes & they have been having a problem with bus drivers.

On a good note we have had a couple of perfect days & the weekend is to be beautiful & 70/71 degrees. Wish I could keep it all winter.

• Gail Norusis
      Participant

Ha ha Sue-good one about Adele. Actually she was feeling a bit under the weather and Dr. Gail told her to take some tylenol and get in bed. She wrote back the next day that she was not getting out of bed until Biden was declared president. lol
      You are so right about the difference between men. One is stomping around like a spoiled baby and the other is asking for calm and patience. I had to laugh as the mayor of I think maybe Philadelphia told Trump to put on his big boy pants and deal with it. lol He is like a big overgrown spoiled child.
      You are right he was trying to pack that Supreme court before the election in case they had to be involved. If he loses I’m afraid of what kind of crazy things he can do in the next few months before Biden is inaugurated. I am surprised that it is such a close election as it amazes me that he still has so many supporters. It’s going to be a challenge to unite this country again.
      Cases are rising dramatically everywhere. It is so very scary. Hopefully you don’t have to go out often. Maybe for food and medicine. We don’t go out except to get food and Drs. appoinments. That’s about it. Greg does golf but you are in the air and pretty socially distant. The weather is nice so we will get to squeeze in an outdoor visit with Jenny and the kids this weekend. so that’s a bonus as I thought we probably wouldn’t see them in person until spring. isn’t that awful-living so close and not being able to see people. she’s been exposed to covid twice now that she knows of so it’s best to stay away in the winter when we have to be indoors. I know we are probably being overly cautious but we want to stay healthy so we have more future years to spend with the family and we realize we have to give up some things to do that.
      I too am saddened by how selfish the American people have become-unwilling to sacrifice some small things for the good of everyone. I think if people would just wear the masks and social distance we could at least get some kind of control of this and it really is not a lot to ask. People just want immediate gratification and to do whatever they want. I always think about our parent’s generation going though WW2 and making sacrifices for the war effort-and just think what the people in Europe went through. Wearing masks seems like a small thing compared to that.
      Every year going to Florida for part of the winter is looking much more enticing. lol I understand now why there are so many snowbirds.
      Enjoy this beautiful weather while it lasts.
      I said a prayer for your brother yesterday. I hope you found a nice way to remember him.
      Gail
      Glad you are liking the memes. I have to try and find some way to lighten things up as the news is always so depressing.
      I hope Colleen is doing okay.

Attachments:
    • Dianne Danielson
      Participant

Hi Ladies,
      I hope this finds everyone relieved the elections are over. Well, in our minds, but it sounds like you-know-who is gonna act like a spoiled 2-3 yr old & stomp his bone spurs till he gets his own way.
      Our covid-19 cases are sky rocketing every day. the past 3 days they’ve recorded nearly 1800 cases. Thursday they recorded nearly 1,000 cases. The same day the gov. put 5 counties not on lock down, but pretty close to it. People just won’t take precautions!! I don’t blame Sue for being scared & nervous about going out.The only time I go out is to the store & right back. And that’s only when I really need something.
      I’m slowly getting my Christmas decorations out. No tree up yet. Gotta move things around, which isn’t easy. In unpacking my stuff, Snowball has discovered a tiny box & she loves it!!!! She curls up into a tiny white ball of fur, I’ll see if I can send a pic of her in it. She isn’t sure what to make of all the boxes & tubs in the living room.
      So sad about Alex Trebek. Pancreatic cancer is so painful, & deadly. I’m not sure if anyone beats it.
      I better get off here.
      Take care everyone.
      Stay safe.
      dd

Attachments:
    • Gail Norusis
      Participant

Hi DD,
      I think it is a relief to have the election over. I’m still afraid that Trump can cause a lot of destruction in the next two months. We all knew that if he lost he wouldn’t go quietly.
      It is sad about Alex Trebek. He was a class act.
      On the other hand good news coming from Pfizer saying there may be a vaccine and it is 90% effective. This is a preliminary report but it sounds promising. What a miracle that will be if it pans out.
      We don’t go out either except when necessary.
      Saturday night we were coming home from picking up food and I noticed that a local distillery which has a bar attached was all lit up and there was a bunch of cars in the lot. This was after 7 so I know that all those people weren’t at the outdoor tables and were probably inside. That really kind of ticked me off as I saw that all the other bars in town were closed like they are supposed to be-unless they also serve food and in that case they are open for carry out. So all the other places are obeying the rules and this place is flagrantly flaunting them. I don’t know how they can get away with that as this town is not that big and surely the police know they are open. Maybe they are just staying open and taking the fines-however, to me it sure doesn’t show good will on their part. I like to support local businesses but I would think twice about supporting them in the future.
      We did get probably our final in person visit until spring with Jenny and the kids on Sunday. The weather has been in the 70’s so we went over there for lunch and a few hour visit. I just hated to leave as I don’t know when we will see them in person again. Piper took the opportunity to give me and Greg a Christmas list. lol They are so cute and growing so fast i feel like we miss so much. I miss being able to snuggle with them all on the couch while we watch a TV show-and just our weekly conversations on their lives. I miss being able to sit down at the table and eat a meal together and afterwards bring out a bard game to play at that same table. All simple things but so much a part of our lives. Kendall is getting into those early teen years where they become less communicative and i feel like we are missing the most with her. I feel so good when we see them and so sad afterwards.
      But I try to continually count our blessings that everyone has a job, a roof over their heads, food on the table and are healthy.
      Speaking of that I love the pictures that you posted. The prayers state what is important and the Christmas pictures are heartwarming.
      Love the picture of Snowball. She looks like an advertisement.
      Hope everyone stays safe.
      Gail

Attachments:
    • Anonymous
      Inactive

Gail Thank you for the prayers for my brother. I went to the cemetery & that made me Sad/Mad as she has no marker on the grave so that people know that is where he is only a flag. My cousin said the Veterans pay for a marker as they did for her husband. I know Pam expect them to pay for the funeral. So I don’t want to buy one if arrangements have been made but will probably end up buying one if none is ever put there as he needs to be recognized by people that want to pay their respects. Even the babies have small stones even if they don’t have names.

The vaccine is good news I just wonder if it is safe as it was rushed through so fast & they do not know how it will perform in the long run.

Trump really worries me as he is so mentally unstable who knows what he will do. If he was a decent human being he would accept defeat & tell his followers to unite with all Americans for the good of the Country But he will never do that.

Glad you got to see your family. It is hard being apart. Some seem to think if it is family it is safe but it isn’t as they come in contact with others everyday at work or school & can bring it to you.

• Gail Norusis
      Participant

Hi Sue,
      You are welcome. You are right-your brother’s grave needs a marker. I wonder if there is some way you can contact the Veterans to see if they are supplying one. I know some times it takes a while to get it engraved and set up.
      Well we never know about the long term side effects of a vaccine until it’s out in the world for awhile. I guess if we want to get it it’s a case where we will have to trust the scientists and the system. I’m willing to take the chance in order to live a more normal type of life. It’s take a chance on the vaccine or take a chance on getting covid or stay at home for the next five years. Since we are in the older population staying home for five years would possibly be a big chunk out of our remaining lives.
      I cannot believe that some people think that the vaccine has a chip in it to track our movements. I saw someone had posted that on the Q board and they really believed it. Greg and I say that if someone really wants to track our movements more power to them. They would find out we have pretty boring lives. lol Besides if you are so afraid of someone tracking you maybe you are doing something that you shouldn’t be. lol
      You said it just right “if he was a decent human being” but he isn’t. He is really acting like a big spoiled baby. And remember how he doesn’t like losers-well he’s now a loser and that’s a bitter pill to swallow. Yes, he can still be dangerous and he probably figures if he is going down he will try to take the whole ship with him. I’ll be glad to see him ride off into the sunset.
      I really feel like the whole world breathed a sigh of relief when he was defeated.
      I know-I don’t get the people that think if it’s family it’s safe. Jenny and Ricky go to work and the kids do some other activities like gymnastics and 4H-they are masked for those but still-they could possibly get something and bring it to us. So as far as we are concerned the only safe people for us to be around are just the two of us.
      However, with the vaccine there seems to be a light at the end of the tunnel and hopefully next year we can visit Brent and be with the grands for Thanksgiving and Christmas so it makes the sacrifices this year a little bit easier thinking about that.
      When we saw Piper Sunday she looked at me and wrinkled up her nose and said “Gigi why is your hair so white?” I tried to explain that I had not been to the hairdresser since February but she didn’t quite get it. lol
      Since they usually come to our house for Christmas and we go to theirs for Thanksgiving they were concerned about how the gifts that Santa leaves for them here would get to their house but i told them we would make sure that they got over to their house on Christmas even if we couldn’t stay. lol
      I think I would have wondered the same thing when I was young. lol
      Our last day of warm weather is today and then a cold front comes in. A lot of times when it goes from warm to cold that quickly storms will come through and even tornadoes so I hope we are not in for any of that kind of weather today.
      Gail
      Have you noticed there has been very little Quacker Christmas this year? It makes me worry for their future. I know Angel has been having Facebook shows every week. But I typed in Quacker Christmas on the Q this morning and I was surprised by how little there was. I think maybe Quacker is past it’s heyday.

Attachments:
    • Anonymous
      Inactive

Gail Check out A386992 Quacker Factory Christmas sweater. It is the Big Deal for Nov 17& 18. The cookie exchange show is the 18th.

• Gail Norusis
      Participant

Hi Sue,
      Thanks for the info. it just seems in earlier years they had tons of new Christmas in November so you could have it to wear in December. Not that I need anything new as I have plenty from years of collecting. I always thought they did Halloween and Christmas tops so well.
      We had storms whip through here late Tuesday afternoon when the cold front whipped through. We always pay the price for the unseasonably warm weather. So the power went out about 4 P.M. and we didn’t get it back until 2P.M. the next day. As luck would have it I had my yearly check up with my rheumatologist on Wednesday and who wants to go to the doctor without being able to shower?
      So I ran over to Jenny’s house to use their shower and to wash my hair. It was weird as we hadn’t been inside the house since the pandemic started. The kids just stayed away from me and I ran in the house-jumped in the shower and washed my hair and dressed really quickly and got out of there so I wouldn’t spend too much time indoors unmasked. Can’t really shower with a mask on. lol
      So we had no power so I just put my hair up in a barrette and let it dry. I suppose I could have plugged into the generator power line but it was just too much of a hassle. Thank goodness we have the generator to run the refrigerator and freezer so we don’t lose food. Last time this happened it was summer and we didn’t have to worry about heat. We have the woodburning insert in the fireplace now but the problem is it doesn’t heat well when the power is off as it needs the blower circulate the warmth and no electricity no blower. So by the time I got home from the doctor Greg had one of the furnaces hooked up to the generator. Anyway, it was weird when we lost power a few months back it was off for 22 hours and this time it was off for 22 hours.
      Gail

Attachments:
    • Anonymous
      Inactive

Gail I just saw that about the Quacker Big Deal on Facebook first & know you do not go there. I also got a notice from Quacker Factory for the pre sale. I do believe QVC buys fewer new items & it seems they do not want to store items in the warehouse. This hold true for everything. When they purchase something it is always the only order this year. It use to be they kept a lot of stock & placed reorders on things that sold well.

Sorry you lost power. That is so bad when you don’t have water. When my brother lived out in the mountain & did not have water he would come here to shower. Our warm weather has gone now too. It was nice while it lasted. We had rain all day yesterday but no storms. We are to get more rain this weekend. It is still dark here today but not raining. I just need some sunshine as these days staying in a lot it is just depressing when it is dark.

When Luke was here to take out my A/C he said he thought schools would go to all on line learning. He should know because he has kids. What I had heard was they were closing for 2 weeks & then reopening. People here are nuts that I doubt if they will accept on line learning. My county is the fasted growing Corvid cases in the state & I think it is because no one wants to take precautions. I do not think they will listen to anyone. They do not want anyone telling them what to do as they can make their own choices. They do not seem to understand their choices impact others. I do not know why wearing a mask, social distancing & hand washing is such a big deal. To me it seems a reasonable thing to ask. I know people are tired of it but we will not slow it down until people cooperate. It will still be a while until vaccines are available & people here are saying they won’t get it. Just like they won’t get a flu shot. I understand some cannot get them but the others I just don’t understand. If you can do something to protect yourself & others why not do it.

What I am tired of is this election nonsense just because some do not want to accept the results.

• Gail Norusis
      Participant

Hi Sue,
      Yes, most businesses do not want to sit on a lot of inventory and it may be even more so during the pandemic when the economy is more uncertain.
      I did see some new Quacker tops this morning when I looked at new arrivals. They will probably be shown on the Cookie Exchange show. It’s hard to believe that is coming up already. This year has really flown even with the pandemic.
      I agree-sunshine makes a huge difference in how I feel. I don’t ever remember it being like that when I was younger but now during those long stretches of gloomy winter days I long for the sun. I wonder if we have seasonal affective disorder?
      I too don’t understand why asking people to wear masks, social distance and wash hands seems to be such a big burden for the general populace. Sometimes we have to alter our behavior for the greater good but people don’t seem to understand that.
      And here’s the part that kind of ticks me off-there are those of us like you and I who are following the rules and doing what the experts are recommending and those who aren’t are just making it harder for all of us to slow the disease and return to some semblance of normalcy so they are kind of cutting off their nose to spite their face as my mother used to say.
      The Chicago mayor is now asking people to work from home, limit trips to necessities like groceries etc and please not gather for the holidays. Now mind you she is asking and of course no one will do it and then when she has to put another lock down in place everyone who didn’t do as asked will be moaning the loudest.
      There’s a fine line between personal freedom and doing what is best for everyone.
      Do the people who are complaining the loudest think us older folks like to be spending all our time at home. We are older not dead we want to be out and about living our lives too but we are trying to help the situation not hinder it.
      Some days it makes you wonder about the future of the human race. Hopefully with a change of leadership we will see more of a spirit of cooperation rather than a division. There will always be people who are going to be contrary but hopefully more will be interested in doing what is for the good of all.
      As to those who say they are not going to get the vaccine-maybe they forgot or never lived through when people were getting polio and getting crippled for life or even dying. People back then couldn’t wait for a cure and stood in line to get the vaccine or sugar cube.
      I wish I could get the flu shot but after two bad reactions my doctor thought it was best that I stop. But I know during normal winters I have to be really careful going around the kids during flu season. When we used to go over every Friday Jenny would usually call and warn me if one of the kids was sick during the week so I could decide ahead of time if I wanted to come over. So I am already used to being more careful during flu season. Greg gets it so at least that provides me with some protection especially this year when he is the only person I see and he goes very few places.
      I plan on getting the vaccine when it comes out.
      I doubt that Trump will ever concede. He can’t stand the idea of being a loser. I’ll tell you one thing. He’s a loser at being a decent human being.
      I hope you have a nice weekend. I’m looking forward to reading some good Christmas books this year. I have some lined up. I know they are usually kind of corny but I like reading books that give you the warm and fuzzies-kind of like a Hallmark movie.
      I also like watching the Christmas themed movies year after year. It’s a tradition that makes me happy. Do you put up a tree?
      Gail

Attachments:
    • Anonymous
      Inactive

Hi Gail, I think we are talking to ourselves.

Did you see the meme where the lady said she should spend 1 hour a day on the treadmill so she was laying on it.

I hope you did not think I meant you should get a flu shot I know you & some others cannot get them. I was talking about the ones with no valid reason. I do remember polio & standing in line for the sugar cube. There was a boy in my school that had polio.

Trump was on today & he still thinks the virus is going away soon & said he would not call for a shutdown. He does not seem to care how many die.Said the vaccine would be ready soon.
      Did you see the little 4 year old boy from San Antonio, Texas that lost both his parents to the virus 100 days apart? That makes me so sad. Why would people not want to do everything in their power to possibly prevent this happening to anyone else? Those that claim only old people die these were not old people. I keep hearing the death rate is only a small percentage of total cases. How many is too many?
      I started reading a few Christmas books. I like too watch some Christmas movies. They just start them way before Christmas so I tire of them before Christmas. Why not a few Thanksgiving movies? I remember one year they had a couple of Thanksgiving ones.
      I no longer put up a tree as I am the only one that would see it anyway. I sit out a small tree I have from years ago, a coworker made it. It has red & green pompoms & tiny gold balls no lights. I put candles in the window & wreaths on the doors. So I have a few decorations.

Did you see Grey’s Anatomy last night? Very surprising ending.

• Gail Norusis
      Participant

Hi Sue,
      I had written a long response this morning and then our internet went out and I could not post and lost the message. We are having very high winds here today so maybe it was something to do with that.
      It does look like you and I are holding down the fort. I know Colleen had an accident but I’m not sure what is keeping Adele away. Maybe she is just not in the mood.
      I like the meme about the treadmill and the lady laying on it. lol
      I just saw on the news about that boy in Texas losing both parents. How awful!
      Yes they say only a small percentage dies but you don’t care what the numbers are when it is your loved one who is part of that percentage.
      I’m hoping that some day this will be virtually eradicated like small pox if enough take the vaccine.
      I remember when our kids were little they had to have certain shots to attend school and that was it. and then the anti vaccers started up and gave religious reasons and all sorts of other bull to keep their kids from getting the shots. personal freedom can only go so far until it tramples on the rights of the greater public good. A lot of that stuff came from the people who think shots cause autism of which there is no proof.
      My SIL and her husband are in Florida for the month and will go back after Christmas and I worry about them as there is no mask mandate there and they like to go out and about.
      The people in Chicago are afraid they are on the brink of another lockdown as the mayor is asking everyone to stay home except for work and going to the grocery store and pharmacy-and not to gather with outside family members for Thanksgiving. I never did understand how people think if it’s family it’s safe if they do nit live in your house. We stay away from Jenny and the kids because they do go to work and are exposed to people at certain activities. Plus the kids go to their dad’s house every other weekend and he works around a lot of other people in a milk factory so it’s an essential business and you can’t work it from home. I also saw that people in Chicago were starting to hoard again. it makes no sense as even in a lockdown the grocery will be open so save some for other people. I also read there was a shortage of smaller turkeys as people are having less people for Thanksgiving. Stuff that I would never had thought about before.
      I wonder how doctors and nurses feel about people not wearing masks and social distancing after they risk their lives to care for patients.If i were them I would want to smack people but I guess that would be against the Hippocratic oath. lol
      They should make some Thanksgiving movies. That’s a good idea. Especially this year it would be nice to at least see other’s gathering. I know they start showing the Christmas movies in October but I don’t normally watch until December or late November.
      I am glad that you put up some decor. The lights seem to make the dark winter nights a bit more palatable.
      I have taken up some abandoned hobbies like knitting and cross stitch. it makes me feel like I am accomplishing something. lol
      How have you been doing with the enforced isolation? Do you have any hobbies?
      I did watch Grey’s. I wonder what will be wrong with Meredith. I keep hearing hints that this may even be the last season. It’s hard to believe I have been watching for 17 years. Meredith has never been my favorite and I never really cared that much about the love story between her and Derrick for some reason. i guess I always felt she was whinny and self righteous. lol I hope Amelia and Link stay happy-she went through a lot with her first baby-I don’t know if that was on Grey’s or Private Practice. I hope Teddy ends up with Koracick-and I hope Owen ends up with someone sweet. I like Owen. I don’t think Meredith and DeLucca are a good match-she would be better with the Irish guy that Christina sent her. Maybe DeLucca could end up with Jo. And i like Maggie and her new guy. You probably have totally different opinions so this could be fun. Greg doesn’t watch so I don’t really have anyone to discuss my thoughts with. lol
      Gail

Attachments:
    • Dianne Danielson
      Participant

Hi Ladies,
      Sorry I’ve been absent. I’ve been trying to get my decorations up, but it’s a very slow process. And I’m fighting my depression. Some days I don’t even want to get dressed. the weather isn’t helping any
      either. It’s been raining all weekend. We had 3 storms come in with more on the way. I have to keep reminding myself it’s NOV.! Our Covid cases are reaching new heights every day! They were in the low hundreds for months, now they’re reaching over 1,000++ every day for theof
      s past week. The governor has called for a 2 week pause/freeze state wide. Not quite the shut down of last March, but darn close.
      If people would just do what’s right we could shut the virus down instead of it shutting everything down!!
      And then there’s the moron in the white house
      Do either of you have an email address? I sent Adele an email the other day, & she’s not doing well.
      I was waiting for her to post but apparently she hasn’t. I don’t know if I can forward her email on here,
      soo I’ll send her email address to you guys.
      here it is: adelegary@comcast.net
      On gmail, click on Compose, put in her address, & go from there.
      I haven’t heard a peep out of her since.
      Well, I better go for now.
      I hope the rain lets up so I can get to the store before the shut down starts.
      take care & stay safe & well!!!
      dd

Attachments:
    • Gail Norusis
      Participant

Hi DD,
      Your pictures are beautiful. They make me feel happy.
      I hope getting your decorations up will make you feel happier. I worry about all the people who are going through all this isolation alone. It has to get to you after a while. You can always come here and chat although we have been missing Adele and Colleen recently so there is just me and Sue.
      Somedays in the winter I stay in my pajamas take a shower in the afternoon and just change into new pajamas. lol We aren’t going anywhere especially this year so if it’s just cold and dreary i figure why not be comfortable.
      The cases are rising everywhere. We are not on a lockdown but bars and restaurants are closed again. The mayor of Chicago has a 30 day order telling people to just go to work and go home and only go to the grocery store pharmacy or doctor appointments. I don’t know how many will comply but I know they are afraid of another lockdown as it showed people stocking up and emptying shelves again. I doubt there will be another lockdown though. Even doctors say if you mask, social distance and stay out of crowds that helps a lot.
      Good news is there is another vaccine candidate.
      I did hear from Adele this morning and i did send her an ecard. this will be a tough holiday season of firsts for her.
      Greg is trying to put the plow on the truck but the hydraulics don’t seem to be working to lift it up so he is out in the barn trying to figure out how to fix that.Fortunately we are not expecting any snow in the near future.
      I just got some boxes delivered with gifts for the grandkids so I need to go through those and make sure everything is there.
      I hope you got to the grocery store to stock up.
      Gail

Attachments:
    • Gail Norusis
      Participant

More memes-I have a huge collection and need to post. lol

Attachments:
    • adele shanbar
      Participant

Hey everyone
      I’m sorry I have been among the missing. Lol. Been a tough couple of weeks. Between the prednisone and antibiotic snd not feeling good Then add the Christening. Everyone was arguing Nerves were raw with grief It seems once we passed the Christening everyone was human again I was doing the Italian Nonna……. I disown all of them.,…,, I even came very close to selling my jewelry. Lol
      As of now everyone is even coming to Thanksgiving. Now I am scrambling for a Turkey. The local lace we got would not even let me talk to my guy in the meat department. The lady was running point and said…., call me Monday snd I will know what we have that vend kn over the weekend. ….. Ya, that is not going to work. So, I called the the professional killer (Bobby). He is in there every week for stuff snd does their service. They don’t say no to him I almost said I was his mother but I did not recognize the woman’s voice ….lol
      Gary is freaking because we are 4 people over the covid rule. Not to worry I told him as we will be using two rooms to seat people. Half in kitchen snd half in dining room. Plus we see them all the time. Nobody here will be a person we have not seen in the last two weeks
      I’ll attach a pic of the Christening. We did not go. They took pics snd a video for all us old folks
      You know. Hosting Thanksgiving is what I needed to feel ok again. It was making me sick to have everyone different places. I needed to be me again. I thought my family was gone and never coming back
      I even called Bobby’s x FIL the undertaker snd tried to pre pay for this funeral: Pick up my dead body. Burn it. Dispose of it in the trash. Nobody was to get any ashes nor stand by any grave. I was to disappear as if I never existed Oh yes, hell hath no fury like a half Italian snd half German Nonna. There were wars in the old country over family feuds like that lol
      Naturally Bill ( undertaker) told me I needed to think that over for a bit cause it would put him in a very difficult position. Lol. So did my best friend who reminded me if I died first I would break Gary’s heart
      Also attaching the stocking I finished snd one I’m working on now
      Let me end with this. There is no better feeling in the world than when Hid gives you back the family you thought you lost because your daughter died. Prayers do get answered. Thank God
      Hope everyone is good. Hope Colleen is ok. DD. Sue snd Gail too!!!!
      Luv Adele

Attachments:
    • adele shanbar
      Participant

Lol. Hid is supposed to be God
      Lol. The typos!!!!
      Forgot to tell you. Tillie took a fall. She did not break anything but had been very shaky since then and had not come up for dinner. We were very lucky. Very
      Adele

• Gail Norusis
      Participant

Hi Adele,
      Good to see you back.
      I’m glad that Tillie is doing okay after her fall. My MIL used to fall sometimes and it was always very scary.
      I hope that you can get your turkey with Bobby’s influence. lol Send in the enforcer. lol
      You should be able to get a big turkey-it’s the small turkeys that are at a premium because of the smaller get togethers.
      I am glad that Thanksgiving with family has given you something to look forward to.
      Sounds like you are going to go all out with the crystal and everything.
      Even if i was having a holiday I am long past the crystal and china stage.
      No one cares about that stuff anymore so I just let it sit in the china cabinet and look at it. lol
      It all has to be hand washed and dried so it’s less work without it. But if you have helpers that makes it easier too.
      Your stockings are so cute. I would chose the tree as nut crackers kind of creep me out. They are kind of scary and mean looking. lol
      We are going backwards here and are back in phase three restrictions-no bars or restaurants-that was last week. Now stores have to limit capacity, casinos are closed, recreational gyms and a bunch of other stuff.I wonder if that means the kids can’t have tumbling. The governor and the doctor are on TV begging people not to have gatherings.
      Greg got a letter at work outlining all the things that they must do which they pretty much were already.
      I know they were going to look at kids going back to school after the first of the year but if things continue to go downwards I doubt that they will. Or maybe part time.
      I was going to live stream a dueling piano show this weekend but now with the new restrictions I’m not sure if they will be having it.
      Is someone going to help with the cooking or bring a dish to pass?
      Gail
      Don’t forget Quacker shows today. Cookie exchange.

Attachments:
    • Dianne Danielson
      Participant

Hi Ladies,
      Just a quick note to let ya know I’m still around, alive & well….so far. I don’t know if you guys know, but Oregon & Wash. state are in the Red Zone, meaning we have the highest #s of new cases & deaths.
      For days we’ve had at least 1,000 new cases every day. It just doesn’t quit!!!
      I got my tree up today but no ornaments on it yet. Poor Snowball is so confused. I had to move things around to make room for the tree & she was going nuts. I’ll finish up in the next couple days.
      We got alot of rain over night. It’s supposed to clear out Friday & be nice.
      Adele, it;s good to see you back online again. Was beginning to worry since I hadn’t heard from ya in a while. I’m sorry about Thanksgiving being cancelled. I’ll keep your family in my prayers.
      Well, I guess that’s all for tonight.
      Stay safe & stay well!!
      dd

Attachments:
    • adele shanbar
      Participant

Hey everyone
      Our state is so bad the governor is saying only people who live in your house should be at your table on Thanksgiving
      Well that will be what happens here because Enzos boss snd his daughter have covid. Pl
      Ease pray Enzo does not have covid. If he has it not only is everyone in his circle in danger so will be the other family who had their child Baptized on Saturday So, Enzos boss’ teenage daughter who is actively sick, has endangered so many people with wreck less teenage behavior. Please pray for all of them
      I missed the Quacker show. It was on early up here
      I am now in the middle of a colitis attack. The fun just keeps on coming. I am so exhausted. Even chewing my food hurts my jaw. Lol
      Luv u guys!
      Anyone heard from Colleen??
      Sue?
      Adele

• Gail Norusis
      Participant

Hi DD,
      I’m glad to hear your decorating is coming along. I’m starting to get excited to decorate. I am changing my decorating up a bit this year and doing maybe a bit more of a sophisticated decor because there won’t be any kids here this year. I got a new tree for the living room and will be decorating that differently too. Usually I put my nativity on the piano and my village on the mantel but this year I am putting the village on the piano and the nativity under the family room tree like we did when I was a little girl. The problem will be getting down there to set it up and getting back up again. lol
      I am looking forward to seeing how all my changes turn out.
      This year Jenny was allowing the kids to put up one decoration a day during November. The first thing they put out was a gingerbread house that I had sent them from Valerie. She did take a picture as I have never seen it in person just on the Q and i won’t get to see it this year. I bought them a Harry Potter Lego advent calendar this year too so that should be fun. Every day you get to put a little Lego thing together in the month of December.
      I love your pictures they make me smile. I like Mickey and Minnie and Pluto in the skating scene. The ones with the farmhouses reminds me of places around here. Santa with a mask is just funny. I wonder if little kids are worried that Santa won’t come because he is afraid of getting Covid? I just thought of that. I know our grands were wondering since Santa leaves presents for them at our house how he will find them this year. I told them not to worry we will deliver the presents he leaves here along with ours to them on Christmas morning. I bought Santa saks to carry them in.
      Did you see the little owl that they found in the Rockefeller Plaza Christmas tree. He was so cute.
      Stay safe everyone-stay healthy.
      Gail

Attachments:
    • Anonymous
      Inactive

I went to the grocery store today. It was packed. I figured the weekend & next week would be busy. They only had 2 checkouts open & people had to keep moving so others could get through. The good news most had masks but some had their noses hanging out. No social distancing & there were no wipes to wipe your cart. If I had known I would have taken some along but they always had them before you entered the store. So now I will wait & see if I get sick.
      My turkey is larger than I wanted & I saw no just breasts. So I have an 11Lb turkey. I had points for it so now I will have a lot to eat. I will cook it then freeze some for later. I have done that before & it works. I love turkey.

I guess for DD that is a lot of cases. But we have not been that low since the very beginning. Yesterday we had an increase of 6300+ new cases & 110 new deaths. I did not hear todays totals as I was not home for the news. But we have been running between 5000 & 6000 everyday because people refuse to follow orders. They say they are old enough to make their choices. That would be okay if it did not effect others. Only people living in your home are to be there for Thanksgiving & you are to wear a mask even indoors around your family. But people won’t listen they say until they pay my bills they can’t tell me how many I can have in my home. Its a losing battle trying to stay well. At least no one will be here so don’t need to worry about that.

Adele the cookie exchange show was on 9 to 11 our time so I did not find that to early. They did have one on at 2AM that one was early but the main show was later. They had some cute things but I found them expensive & too lightweight for winters here. I wear sweatshirts all winter. If you want to know all the news go back & read the posts I know there is a lot now as you have not been on but that will catch you up.

I had a surprise when I got home today. There was a box at my door & I did not know what it could be. My insurance company sent a care package. It has 50 disposable masks, hand sanitizer, lotion, an electric toothbrush & toothpaste, cough drops, lip balm, a thermometer & that thingy that measures oxygen in you blood. A first aid kit & band aids. I do not know what all is in the kit as I did not open it. I am sure I missed some things but all useful stuff. The letter said they are sending a $100 gift card in the coming weeks. I was very surprised but we pay enough for insurance so it is good to get something back.

It is still cold here. Heavy frost this morning but not as windy & not raining or snowing. The other day I woke up to a little snow but it has gone now.

Well need to go get something to eat. I had no breakfast & a banana for lunch so I am hungry.

• Anonymous
      Inactive

Just came back to tell you 7100+ new cases today. See why it worries me.

• adele shanbar
      Participant

Hey Sue
      That was such a nice thing to come home to. Who is your insurance company?
      That is a scary supermarket story. I know I asked before. You don’t have Instacart in your area, right? I use them now It is worth the 99.00 a year fee. I can order every day if I need to. I just have to hit a minimum dollar amount.
      I sm continually surprised at what we have that you, Colleen, and Gail can’t get. That is so not fair, especially today
      I got one thing yesterday. The tree cardigan. One for me and Tillie. We will have matching cardigans for Christmas. I’m going to give it to her now so she can wear it all season long for her Christmas gift
      What is going on in the public is fo crazy right now. We got a call from the state of Mass saying to please have only your own family at your table this year. It’s pitiful the state has to do that. I am glad nobody is coming here at this point. Steph may come with Aizen. But they are here all the time
      Have a good day. Hope you find a small turkey
      Adele

• adele shanbar
      Participant

Wow Sue!!!
      That’s a huge number
      Adelr

• Gail Norusis
      Participant

I just read Illinois had 13,000 cases today. We will be staying home except for necessities for the foreseeable future.
      They have put in place new restrictions starting today-no eat in, no bars no gyms 50% capacity on grocery stores-25% capacity on other stores and some other things. Many businesses are not complying and many towns are saying they will not enforce restrictions so as i see it right now it’s every man for himself. Stay home Stay safe if you can. If you can’t mask up-distance-wash hands. That’s about all that we can control right about now.
      People are nuts.

• Anonymous
      Inactive

Gail that is what I have been saying. People are all for themselves the heck with anyone else. Its all about their rights. I am so sick of it. I don’t mind staying home so much especially coming into winter but I do need to get groceries & don’t like not being able to protect myself because of others.

• Gail Norusis
      Participant

Sue,
      I agree-even if you want to be out and about you can still mask up and social distance but those instructions now go in one ear and out the other of the majority of people.
      It does make you angry that you cannot feel safe. I wish that you had a Wal Mart pickup in your area. It’s not perfect but it has worked for us. It would be even worth it to drive a little farther to do it. Our local WalMart doesn’t have it so we have to drive about 30 minutes to the one that does but it is worth it.

• Colleen
      Participant

Hi All,
      Well I am back again. There just is not a lot to write about. I can’t do much of anything until my leg is better. The excitement of the day is walking around the house. I have to have the brace on all the time and when I walk I have to use a walker. It is just so aggravating but I have to keep remembering that it could be worse. Maybe after the 2nd of December I will be able to quit using the walker . They have to take another x-ray of my leg and decide what to do next.
      I have a lot of catching up to do but have enough time to get it done. Ron has been doing all the cooking and cleaning. It has been interesting. He is turning into a good cook.
      This year I ordered sides from qvc. We bought a turkey so we will stuff that and cook it. What is everyone else doing for Thanksgiving? Are you going to cook the food that you usually cook or eat something else? My daughter that lives close to us is coming over and help with the cooking. I do not think that Ron will do very well with a turkey. lol I would like to see Grayson and my grand daughters. I have not seen them since the accident and I worry about Brook and the baby. They were with us when we had the wreck.
      Well that is about all from here. I hope that everyone is feeling well and finding things to keep busy. Please take stay safe and have a great night.
      Colleen

• Anonymous
      Inactive

Gail if you get the Lifetime channel (not the movie one) there is a good movie on tonight called A Welcome Home Christmas at 6PM EST. Thought you might want to watch or tape.

• adele shanbar
      Participant

Gailster snd Sue
      Our state is real bad. You can’t get an apt at urgent care or CVS as they have so many they can’t take any more. The line for testing in your car is a two to four hour wait. Marissa got an apt Friday and Enzo was going with one of the guys from work in the car line. So we are all still waiting to see if Enzo got it from his boss. I pray not as that means anyone at the Christening is at risk. They kept it to immediate family it that is just under 25 at the restaurant. They had no masks on at the tables to eat. Other than that masks were worn.
      I wish there was a safer way for Sue to get groceries. Do you have a BJs wholesale club? They deliver non perishables. That could limit your time in the supermarket
      Hope everyone is safe
      Adele

• adele shanbar
      Participant

Sue
      We recorded that movie last night. We were watching stuff we recorded during the week. Did you see the new show Big Sky? That was good. American Housewife was very funny last week

Colleen
      So glad you are back so we know how you are coming along. You were very lucky even though you broke your leg. I bet everyone is feeling lucky to be alive. Even so, it is awful you have to go through this. At our ages it is so hard to heal. Our bones are not what they used to be. I am praying extra for you every night.
      I am doing a Turkey breast. Stuffing mashed potato corn sweet potato casserole (per JJ request) and my cauliflower/broccoli casserole. I’m making two pies. Maybe three. Custard pumpkin and a new cream/ cranberry one.
      I hope to get it all done I am still not feeling well. UTI returned with a sinus infection and colitis attack, so I am a mess right now. Lol
      Hope everyone is ok
      Adele

• Gail Norusis
      Participant

Hi Colleen,
      Well you will have a lot of time to read the responses now.
      Greg got good at the cooking and cleaning when I had mono a few years back. Actually he helps me now too-especially with him being home all the time now. I feel bad because I bought these things to install in the cabinets in our island so that I could roll the shelves out and get to the things stored under there. So he put the first set in and when I went to put the dishes back in all the stuff I had in there before wouldn’t fit because the slider thing takes up space and you lose space in the middle of the cabinet. I felt so bad because I was trying to make things easier for us but those things just won’t work. fortunately he can use them down in his woodshop. I’m glad he didn’t get all eight installed before we realized it wouldn’t work. Now I have pull out drawers under my cook top for my pots and pans but those were installed when the house was built and I love them. Oh well-you win some you lose some. It was a good idea that just didn’t work.
      The Q sides are good so they should work well for your Thanksgiving. We are staying home and I am making a seven layer salad and a jello salad. This year i will make them in two dishes and give one to Jenny and keep one for us and Jenny will bring over Turkey and stuffing for us. It will be a much simpler meal than other years and it will be just me and Greg. The same for Christmas.
      We got a text from the state the other day telling everyone to stay home and that the new mitigations were starting.
      I’m glad Amanda will help you out.
      Thank goodness for those baby seats now a days -remember when we were kids and we just rattled around in the back seat. lol
      Stay safe,
      Gail

Attachments:
    • Gail Norusis
      Participant

Hi Sue,
      Thanks for the heads up on the movie. I am recording it as I write this. There are so many Christmas movies now between Lifetime and Hallmark. It’s hard to know which will be the good ones. Sometimes I just have them on in the background when I am doing other things. I notice the decorations are always so pretty and festive. And then there are the old favorites like Elf,Christmas Vacation, The Grinch and then the old classics it’s a Wonderful Life a Christmas Carol etc. I am just about ready to start playing the Christmas CD’s.
      Jenny has been letting Piper take out one decoration a day so she has less to do the day after Thanksgiving-she says other wise she gets overwhelmed. I laugh but she is a working Mom and I have all the time in the world to do my decorations-so that’s the difference.
      What a nice surprise that your insurance company left for you. Those are a lot of very useful things.
      Gail

Attachments:
    • Gail Norusis
      Participant

Hi Adele,
      I will pray that Enzo and everyone else will be safe. I can’t believe a person can’t get into urgent Care. That’s bad.
      I know the second time that Jenny was tested she waited in the car for two hours.
      She’s smart she doesn’t tell me until after she gets tested and gets the results. lol
      I saw American Housewife. I have been copying all the holiday baking contests. Friday I copied a holiday crafting contest. I enjoyed that. You can probably get it on demand Holiday Crafters Gone wild it’s called. It was on HGTV I think. Next Friday they are having a show where people decorate dollhouses. I am obsessed with miniatures so I can’t wait for that one.
      Tomorrow is the Finale of DWTS. I hope Nev wins-anyone but Nellie would be okay-actually I’m not crazy about the bachelorette either. So I guess I prefer it would be Nev or Justina (is that her name)
      Remember when the fall finale of DWTS was all Christmassy with lots of group numbers and bringing back former contestants-now there is no group numbers because of covid and there doesn’t seem to be as much decoration and sets either. I guess Tyra makes up for it with all her over the top outfits. A few of those get ups I wonder if she looked at herself in the mirror before she came out? lol Especially the one where she looked like she was carry baskets of apples on her hips. lol And they need to turn down the damn sound and fake crowd noise when she first comes out-you can’t hear anything over it. You would think by now they would have that figured out. Okay I’m done complaining. lol
      Take care of yourself.
      Gail

Attachments:
    • Anonymous
      Inactive

Hope you like the movie. I like movies with Veterans in them. There was a good one today on Hallmark Movies & Mysteries called A Veterans Christmas. It has been on other years so it is older. I saw it before but watched again. Not sure when it will be on again.
      I am also hoping one of the 2 you mentioned win DWTS. I don’t know how Nelly is still there. They must love him. What did you think of Tara’s Big Bird outfit? You know a lot of people have been complaining about the noise. It is on other shows too like Game shows. I hate it if you turn down the noise you can’t hear them & you can’t hear them over the noise. Derek is dancing again on the finale. Some think he is the greatest..

• Colleen
      Participant

Hi Adele,
      I thank God that is all that was wrong with me. I was also glad that the baby and Brook is doing fine. I was really worried about them. Ron was lucky also he did not have anything wrong with him either. We were all really lucky and we Thank God that we survived.
      Your Thanksgiving meal sounds really good. You will have enough people ther to eat with you and enjoy the day. You will always have Amanda and Bobby they live there. That makes it nice and I hope that Tillie will come upstairs to eat with you. I am sorry to hear that Enzo was exposed to covid. I hope they all test negative. Is Enzo still working for the post office? I know Johnny was working there but I thought that Enzo was also.
      I hope that you start to feel better soon. At least feeling good for Thanksgiving. You really been having a lot of health issues this year hopefully 2021 will be a better year for all of us.
      Have a great night and stay safe.
      Colleen

• Colleen
      Participant

Hi Gail,
      That is so aggravating when you want to do something and it does not work out the way you planned. It is a good thing that Greg had not installed them on all the shelves that would have not been fun taking them back off.
      It is surprising how much these guys can do when they have to. Ron has also been doing some laundry. I will not let him do my Quacker clothes cause there is no telling what they would look like. lol I have to get some of my Christmas gifts wrapped. Danyielle wants some storage dishes so got her some lock and lock. I hope she likes hers as much as I like mine. I ordered her two sets.
      That is a good way to do your Thanksgiving dinner. I do not know if we are going to have potatoes this year or not. We will have stuffing two different kinds and that is what they like the most. Have you ever tried their broccoli casserole? One comes with this and it looks really good.
      I love all the memes that you have posted. They are all so funny. It is interesting that you can go to that rest stop and get a wife. I wonder if they get any takers.
      I found out that if you have a babies car seat in the car then insurance has to pay for it. You cannot use them again once they have been in a accident. That was something else that I did not know.
      Well I hope you have a great night and stay safe.
      Colleen

• Dianne Danielson
      Participant

Hi Ladies,
      Just a quick note to say HAPPY THANKSGIVING to all of you. I’m not sure what I’ll be doing. Critt has people bringing turkey dinners to him. Management put up a sign up sheet for a box delivery on Wed., so I signed up. I could be laid up cuz tonight while making dinner, my left leg buckled under & I nearly went down. I have no idea what I did to cause it, but I did feel some pain in my leg at the time. I’ve been using the cane around the house, which I’ve never had to do before. I will have to call the Dr. or go to the ER if it doesn’t feel any better tomorrow.
      I was trying to send Thanksgiving pics last time but I couldn’t find em. So I ended up with the Christmas ones. I;ll try for Thanksgiving pics this time!!
      Adele, I pray no one in your family tests positive for Covid. I pray no one on here gets it!! I don’t understand why wearing a mask is so intrusive. When I worked at HP in the clean room we HAD to wear a mask! It wasn’t for health reasons, it was a requirement to keep the clean room environment cleaner than an operating room. We were making components that go into computers. It was funny, when I’d see a co worker outside of work it’d take me a second to recognize them, all you could see was their eyes. You’ve seen people wearing hazmat suits, that;s basically what we wore in the clean room, except we called em bunny suits.
      Well, so much for a short note. lol
      If I don’t get back on here, have a wonderful holiday. I know most of you won’t be with your families, but it won’t be for long. Keep the faith.
      Take care & stay safe!
      dd

Attachments:
    • adele shanbar
      Participant

Hey Gailster
      Yes yes yes on DWTS. Her outfits are bizarre. I wonder who will win as they are all good. I have no favorite this year
      Marissa has no results yet Enzo still no test. He and his co worker we’re on two lines One stopped taking people as they were at capacity. They moved to a second location and they said it was more than a four hour wait. They left Marissa still trying to get him an apt at cvs or urgent care
      I have those slide out things in one cabinet where I keep food. I love them
      I have no holiday spirit this year. I really don’t want to decorate. I know that’s not good. Msybe I will feel different after Thanksgiving.
      It is what it is as I say
      Adele

• adele shanbar
      Participant

Hey Sue
      My favorite Hallmsrk movie is the one about the letter with Ed Asner. Love that one
      I should watch them more and get some holiday spirit!!
      I’m only baking two pies this week It all seems so weird. Then add that Heather is gone. I’m sur you will be sad too because of your brother snd friend who died. It’s not easy. I’m always saying a prayer for you
      Luv Adele

• adele shanbar
      Participant

Hi Colleen
      We are all worried until we know for sure they are fine. Very nerve wracking
      Amanda is going to her boyfriends. Not sure about Steph yet. She is here all the time because of JJ being here But she does not want to celebrate anything this year
      I am so glad you were all so lucky. Accept for your leg. Still it must hurt. Sorry you have to deal with that
      Please read my post to Gail and Sue for more info. Lo
      Adele

• adele shanbar
      Participant

Hi DD
      Happy Thanksgiving back to you and everyone else!’nn🦃🦃🦃
      I hope you eat with Critt so you won’t be alone.
      I’m sorry about your leg and hope the pain stops. I’ll say extra prayers for you!!!’😩🙏🏻🙏🏻
      Please stay safe. Hope Critt is safe too
      Adele

• Gail Norusis
      Participant

Hi DD,
      Love the Snoopy picture!
      I hope your leg will feel better. The boxed dinner is a good idea.
      It will be a different Thanksgiving but we still have much to be thankful for. Mainly I am grateful that we are all healthy and safe.
      Did you ever tell anyone that you wore a bunny suit to work and they thought that you worked at the Playboy club? That would be so funny to be able to say that. lol Sorry-i guess i am just weird. lol
      Gail

Attachments:
    • Gail Norusis
      Participant

Hi Colleen,
      Yes, I thought I had such a brilliant idea to make those lower cabinets more accessible to us old folks. Oh well-Greg can use those shelves in the basement and he is happy about that. So all is not lost.
      Greg did everything when I was sick too. The only thing was he was cooking for me and the first few weeks i had no appetite so I felt bad for not eating his food that he made.
      I think Danyielle will like the lock and lock. I have given Jenny some sets and she likes them. I like them too.
      I don’t know if we will have potatoes. If not that’s okay as I like the stuffing. I would like sweet potatoes but no one but Greg and i eat them so i never make them for the kids. I have never had that broccoli casserole from the Q as i don’t have many broccoli lovers but it seems years ago there was a casserole with broccoli and rice and cheese that people would bring to pot lucks and it was good.
      I never knew that about baby seats. I wonder why that is. Maybe they are weakened from the accident or something. thank goodness no one else was hurt. I’m sorry that you got hurt though-it makes you wonder why it was just you. Maybe it had to do with where you were sitting. Darn person that hit you guys. I hope they had insurance. even though you are supposed to have it not everyone does.
      have a happy and safe Thanksgiving.
      Gail

Attachments:
    • Gail Norusis
      Participant

Hi Sue,
      I probably won’t get to watch that movie until this weekend as I have a lot of stuff to do this week.
      I always liked the Mrs. Miracle movies for some reason. Are the taken from Debbie MacComber books I wonder?
      Tyra’s bright yellow outfit was quite jarring to the eye. If nothing else her outfits make for interesting conversations. lol
      I wonder what will happen next year as the network probably hears the comments about her.
      You would think they would watch these shows back and the technical people would realize the crowd noise is too loud.
      We streamed a concert the other night which was a duo and all Greg kept saying the whole time was that the one person’s mike was up too high. that’s what happens when you listen with a musician. lol
      I don’t know that Derek is the greatest-I actually prefer him to his sister, but I think he’s talented. He is a very good choreographer too.
      That whole family looks like their parents must have been Ken and Barbie as they are all blond and pretty.
      What sides will you make with your turkey? do you make turkey soup. I like that with noodles.
      Gail

Attachments:
    • Gail Norusis
      Participant

Hi Adele,
      I hope that you are feeling better today.
      Some of those Hallmark movies are tear jerkers and make me cry. But sometimes a good cleansing cry can make you feel better.
      Who knew that it would be so hard for Enzo to get a test? Yikes!
      I’m afraid a couple of weeks after this holiday it’s going to really be a mess with all the people insisting on traveling for Thanksgiving. I mean really? You can’t give it up for one year?! I sure can as i want to be here next year. i can understand the college kids being in limbo and feeling sort of displaced but I remember when I was in college i wouldn’t have minded if I had to stay on campus for Thanksgiving as winter break would only be a few weeks after that anyway.
      Schools here have already said that remote learning will continue into the third quarter. so by the end of that they will have been schooled at home for a full year as schools shut down here last March.
      Here’s an idea. Since JJ is with you maybe you could enlist him in helping you to decorate. It would give him something to do and maybe having him will make it a bit more joyful for you. I know Kim died on Thanksgiving and Brent moved in with us after that. I asked him to help me with the decorating just to help him get his mind off things and to feel like he was being useful. I know it didn’t change anything but i think he liked helping as it gave him something else to think about.
      Gail

Attachments:
    • Colleen
      Participant

Hi Adele,
      That was a long time to have to wait for that test. I am praying that it comes back negative for them and all that were at the baptism. This covid is really getting tiresome. I am really getting tired of this.
      It will be nice to have Gary, Bobby, Tillie and JJ there. I hope Steph will come and bring Aizen. She needs to celebrate for the boys sake. They need to feel like things are normal.
      I could not believe the way that Tyra was dressed tonight. You would think out of that many changes she could have found at least one cute dress. I could not believe the first dress she had on. It made her look two times bigger then what she is. I wonder if she has someone help her pick those outfits out. She cannot have that bad of taste. I was not happy with the winner. I usually am wrong at the one I pick out.
      I hope that you are feeling better. Your meal that you are fixing sounds really good. I guess that we are having store bought pies this year. There will not be as much home cooking here this year.
      Well that is all from here. Have a great day and stay safe.
      Colleen

• Colleen
      Participant

Hi Gail,
      You had good intentions when you got those things. It just does not work out the way you plan. At least Greg can use them so they will not go to waste. That is when it is really aggravating when you cannot use them at all and you have wasted that money. I am really getting crabby.
      We have to buy her a car seat and let the insurance company give the money back. He is growing into the next size car seat so he will need a new one soon.
      I guess it was because of where I was sitting. The passenger seat in the front is not the best seat to be sitting in when hit from behind. I am not sure where a safe place is but not there. If anyone was going to get hurt I am glad that it was me. I could not have taken if something happened to the baby or to Brook. The people did have insurance and we are hoping they will pay enough to cover the bills and therapy if I need it later.
      Well that is all from here. Have a great day and stay safe.
      Colleen

• Anonymous
      Inactive

Well I am not sure I will put out any decorations for Christmas. Yesterday the landlord was here with a man from the window & door place. He wanted to take measurements to get an estimate. So I may get new windows & one of the doors replaced. They both need it but its not up to me. Just seems like the wrong time of year to do this. I hope if he goes ahead with it he does not put my rent up. I know it would keep it warmer in here. So I can’t put things in the windows or in front of the windows if they will be working there.
      Here’s how I am doing Thanksgiving. I like a lot of different things but have to much to eat at once if I have it the same day. So I made green bean casserole on Sunday so I have a chance to finish it by Thursday. I got a pumpkin pie & am eating some of it. Then on Thanksgiving I will make the turkey & stuffing. Since I won’t have any guests I am just having it my way. Gail I like your idea of soup. I love soup when it is cold & I can always freeze some for later. I always want a turkey pot pie. There are so many things & meals you can make from it.
      Nev should have won DWTS. Tara’s outfits were bad. I did read where she said she may not be back next season. That would make a lot of people happy.
      The Mrs Miracle movies were based on Debbie’s books.
      Adele I hope your families test are negative but they should be under quarantine for 14 days if they have been in direct contact with someone that had it. Even if your test is negative you can still get symptoms for up to14 days & pass it to others. That is why I worry about you guys that have people in & out all the time even family because who know where they many have come into contact with it.

• adele shanbar
      Participant

Hey everyone
      I keep getting knocked out of here what is up with that ?
      DD that’s great you will have a complete Turkey dinner.
      That’s funny about you snd the bunny costume. Good times snd good memories

Gail
      Funny thing about JJ. He asked me not to put the stuff back upstairs. He wants more Christmas outside. Do he will help Gary tomorrow to get it all out in the lawn
      The first holidays are the worst. I know Sue will have a hard time too She lost her only brother.
      You did not have it easy when Kim died either. When someone dies on a holiday it is even worst.
      I wish I could save a magic wand snd there be no more deaths
      Every night we see all he numbers in TV. Each one is another devastated family
      I ended up with a 24 lb Turkey. That was the smallest st the supermarket through Instacart. Oh boy! Six people and a big Turkey
      The testing up here is crazy. Marissa still does not have hers back. Enzo still had no test. It will be easier after Thanksgiving I am sure

Colleen
      I knew about the car seats. They also have a shelf life. You will find an end date on it somewhere. They feel as they get older that are not as safe. Plus if in an accident like if a football player gets a concussion, helmet no good too. Same for a motorcycle helmet or snowmobile one
      I guess it is a one time save thing
      I feel so bad for you and your leg. I hope it goes not make your holiday worst. Covid makes it bad enough
      I think covid is going to be part of our lives for a long time. It stinks
      I could not believe her lady outfit. She looked like an owl! Steph said she used to have a talk show that she watched.
      Steph snd Aizen will be here Thursday. Amanda is going to get boyfriends. Bobby is going somewhere too
      It is what it is as I say

Sue
      Hope you are good snd have all you need for Thursday. I hope your favorite movies will be on. Well be watching too

HAPPY THANKSGIVING TO ALL

Just in case I don’t get back in here with all the veggie prep

Love all you guys

• adele shanbar
      Participant

Sue
      Just saw your post
      You have no idea how close it is getting. Marissa and Enzos family are home. But his boss has all the guys working!! Some have yet to be tested. And it’s the boss daughter and boss who brought it into the business. I think that is awful

I had to hire a housekeeper a while back because of my shoulder and back. During covid Heather and me and Gary did the best we could without getting injured.
      After Heather died I had to call her back. She comes every two to three weeks snd we do our best to keep it clean til she gets here.
      I got a text from her saying she snd her crew all tested positive I could scream. She did wear a mask. We did not hug like we used to, and she stayed far away from me. I never in the room she is cleaning until it is gone. Thursday makes it two weeks she has not been here. So I guess I am safe
      Then my neighbors best friend told her yesterday she is sick. It is bad up here. It is getting closer and closer
      On the positive note I am feeling better. Even my stomach is calming down. I ate only Ramen noodles for four days. It helped calm the belly down
      I hope you are feeling well
      Please stay safe….. I know you are good about it!!
      Adele

• Gail Norusis
      Participant

Hi Colleen,
      I’m glad the people had insurance. I forgot that the kids go through several different sizes of car seats and that at a certain age the get turned from backward to forward. They all faced forward when our kids were little. I think it would be so hard to be driving by yourself and not be able to see your baby’s face in the back seat. That would have made me very uncomfortable. Actually when our kids were little you could have a car seat in the front i think. Maybe I’m wrong though.
      I guess there is really no safe place in the car in an accident. It’s a good thing you had your seat belt on other wise it could have been worse. Did the air bags deploy-or maybe that doesn’t happen when hit from behind. did he/she push you into another car or was it just the two cars?
      Well, it will be a different Thanksgiving for all of us. Are you using paper plates and utensils? I guess with just the two of us we will use regular dishes. if I have time i have a small set of Christmas dishes-maybe i will take those out.
      Poor Greg is still trying to get the plow fixed and trying to do it himself. We could have taken it into a shop but they are all booked up. Plus the problem is the plow won’t raise so you can’t drive it anywhere to be fixed anyway with the plow down. It did snow yesterday morning but it’s all melted away already.
      Don’t forget The Masked singer has been moved to Thursday this week.
      Gail

Attachments:
    • Gail Norusis
      Participant

Sue,
      It will be nice to have the windows and door replaced if it will make it warmer for you. Too bad they didn’t think of doing that earlier in the fall. As to him raising the rent it’s hard to tell. We don’t raise our rents very often and it’s usually the rising property taxes and insurance costs that force us to do so.
      You have a good plan to get in all the foods that you like. It is hard to cook a Thanksgiving dinner in portions manageable for 1 or 2 people.
      It wouldn’t make me sad if Tyra doesn’t return. Hosting a show other than a modeling show just doesn’t seem to be her thing. Sometimes her questions after the dances were so uncomfortable it made me squirm for her. lol but we also have to be careful what we wish for as we could get someone even worse. Will never understand why they let Tom go to begin with-obviously they never heard the saying if it ain’t broke don’t fix it.
      What you mentioned is exactly why we don’t see Jenny and the kids indoors. Even though she is family she goes to work each day and goes to stores and takes the kids to tumbling and 4H-even though she is masked when she goes out she is still around other people and so are the kids to a certain extent. So you never know when you are going to come in contact with someone who is positive. Just like at Greg’s work-they take temps and wear masks and social distance and they still had some covid cases as you can’t control what the workers are doing during their off hours. So we figure it’s just the safest to stay just the two of us as we are the only ones who live in this household. it’s a short term sacrifice for what we hope will be long term benefits.
      Gail

Attachments:
    • adele shanbar
      Participant

Sue
      I forgot to say. I so glad your landlord is finally putting in new windows and doors so you can be warm. I hope he does not raise the rent as it is not nice to be cold in your home
      Adele
      Ps. We will all say extra prayers!’

• Gail Norusis
      Participant

Hi Adele,
      I’m glad that you are feeling better. You know I have never had ramen noodles. perhaps i should give then a try just to say I have eaten them. i always relate them to the starving college students on a budget.
      That’s nice that JJ and Gary will have a project to work on together. I know it was nice for Brent and I to decorate together after we lost Kim. It made us smile.
      You will have lots of turkey sandwiches after Thanksgiving. That is my favorite part. I’m sure you will figure out things to do with the leftovers and you can always send some home with Steph.
      It will probably be easier to get a test after Thanksgiving as i see a lot of people are being tested before the holiday if they are traveling.
      Every day has such bad reports and i think we will continue to see them through December as people ignore warnings not to socialize. I think these are the same type of things that happened in the flu epidemic in 1918-so in a hundred years i guess we have not really changed or learned anything. lol
      So here’s how goofy I am-I am making out a Walmart grocery pick up order on Monday and on it I have the ingredients for what I am making for tomorrow. So I get to check out and the earliest pick up date i can get is on Friday. So then I am crying because i won’t have the ingredients to make my dishes. For some reason i thought Monday was the previous Friday-talk about having your days mixed up. So yesterday (Tuesday) was senior shopping at Walmart in town so Greg offered to go then and get the stuff i needed. Jenny also offered to go for me-but Greg said he would go during the senior hours. so yesterday was the first time that he has been in a grocery store in 8 months. he said it was empty so that was nice and made me feel better. Now when Christmas comes i will pay more attention to what day it is when ordering groceries. lol I guess i should look at a calendar every once in awhile. Anyway, we got a lot of chuckles out of that saying i was losing my mind. lol
      Gail

Attachments:
    • Gail Norusis
      Participant

Happy Thanksgiving Everyone!

Attachments:
    • Anonymous
      Inactive

Happy Thanksgiving Everyone. Stay safe so you will be around next Thanksgiving.

• Gail Norusis
      Participant

Hi Everyone,
      I hope everyone had a nice Thanksgiving whatever form it took.
      I will admit it was different with just the two of us-yet that is how Thanksgiving is for many people on a regular basis. I did miss seeing the cousins together and our game playing marathons after dinner-or snuggling on the couch with the kids to watch a movie.
      When her turkey was done Jenny called us and we grabbed the salad and jello and headed over there. When we arrived we masked up and went into the house to make the exchange. She had all our stuff packed in take out containers just like a restaurant. So she bagged it up and off we went. I was proud of Greg-he wore one of the Christmas masks. Probably just to impress Piper. lol
      Quite a few houses we passed while driving over were already decorated and lit up so that was a cheerful sight.
      Brent’s stepdaughter Kailyn just had a baby boy on Wednesday-three days before the anniversary of her Mom’s death. Gosh how Kim would have loved to see that baby as she was so good with kids and just adored babies. We used to call her the baby whisperer when Jenny’s kids were little. It must have been a little bittersweet for Kailyn.
      Brent has started the job in Colorado but it took him awhile to find a place to rent. He’s in a little teeny town of 300. He had been staying in a motel but as soon as the lease is finalized he will move his stuff up. With the new hours he has several days in a row off so it will give him plenty of time to make the move and set things up in the new place.
      Greg and Ricky are going to try and cover the pond with netting this weekend in order to keep the mink out-but it’s a two man job and I’m not much help so Ricky is helping. Greg still has to get the plow working too.
      We have a Walmart grocery pick up this afternoon so I am telling everybody that we are going shopping on Black Friday. lol
      I definitely want to figure out a Zoom or Skype for Christmas as i want to at least be able to see the kids open their gifts as I love to see the excitement. I know last year Kendall was trying to play it cool but one of the first places she checked out when they came over was under the tree. lol So she is not past getting excited about Christmas yet.
      Greg helped me clean the upstairs Wednesday so that was nice. I think maybe this weekend we will clean the downstairs and after that we can start getting out the Christmas boxes and begin decorating. I just ordered a bunch of batteries from Amazon for all the battery operated stuff. Greg says he’s sorry he doesn’t have stock in a battery company. lol
      Gail

Attachments:
    • adele shanbar
      Participant

Hey Gailster
      Thank Gid you were able to get your ingredients and the store was empty!
      Our dinner was weird. Nobody spoke. It was the elephant in the room…..
      Or the missing one. I did not even give my annual speech
      It was hard because after Bobby’s boss has covid snd he was just tested on Wed, he could not cook or help. We only had him put the Turkey in and out of the oven and cut it. He wore equipment to cut the bird. Gary helped as much as he could.
      Marissa got her results…. inconclusive. I believe they told her only 8 people in the state have those results. Seriously?? So. If Enzo is ositive she will go again
      Other than that at least I did not cry. When everyone was out of the kitchen I looked at pics of Heather on my phone. The rest of the night I fell asleep in my recliner
      Adele

• adele shanbar
      Participant

Hey everyone
      Hope everyone’s Thanksgiving was as good as can be under the circumstances. It is what it is as I say. His bless and help all of us
      That’s a funny Walmart story!
      So nice that Greg helped with the cleaning so you can get decorating. My tree is in the office. I have no ambition to put it up today. I know JJ will help. He had a good time doing outside with Papa Gary. Lol
      I’m glad you at least got to see the kids. You can FaceTime them in your phone instead of zoom them. We FaceTimed Marissa and the baby last night
      I keep forgetting to say how much I enjoy all the memes and jokes. Keep em coming!”
      I sincerely hope we all have a safe snd happy holiday season. Hopefully we will sparkle and shine through all the sadness with this virus
      Luv u guys!!
      Adele
      Ps. Happy Thanksgiving back to Sue Gail Colleen and DD and all Quacker’s everywhere!!!♥️♥️🙏🏻🙏🏻🦃🦃😇😇🎄🎄

• Gail Norusis
      Participant

Hi Adele,
      The WalMart saga continues and it gets even crazier. So our grocery pickup was today (supposedly) So I’m all ready to go and am just waiting for the email to say the stuff is ready. 2 comes nothing, 2:15 nothing etc.etc. Check again at three-nothing. So I check back and see I don’t have a confirmation email and I check the site and see that my order is still sitting there. Apparently I must have gotten so upset when I saw my pick up time that I forgot to scroll down and confirm everything so the order never went through anyway. lol So I finally confirmed it today and we will pick up on Tuesday. I could have gotten a sooner time but we will be doing other chores over the weekend so i waited. We will not starve as I can always rustle something up.
      I don’t know why I always have so much trouble with the WalMart grocery orders-i can order from Amazon or the Q no problem but the grocery orders always mess me up. Maybe because they are so big as we have weeks between orders. I should try doing smaller ones more often.
      We don’t face time much as Jenny has an Apple phone but we have Samsungs. We can do it with her phone and Greg’s I Pad. I just think you can see more with zoom.
      I can’t believe Marissa’s test was inconclusive! What does that even mean?
      So was it just you Gary and Tilly and JJ at the table?
      You didn’t give your speech but Jenny went around her table and had everyone say what they were grateful for-Kendall said she didn’t sign up for it but after some persuasion from Ricky she said she was grateful for TikTok-preteens! lol Lachlan was grateful for family, friends, food and poop. lol Typical 10 year old boy. lol
      I guess this year for fun Greg and I will have to drive around and look at holiday light displays. lol
      I am praying that everyone gets negative tests and no more nonconclusive.
      Gail

Attachments:
    • Colleen
      Participant

Hi Everybody,
      Sounds like we all had a great day. We all woke up and are healthy and so far on one in the family has tested positive with covid. I am trying to think of all the positive ways to be thankful. We did get to have my daughter here with her family so that was nice. The baby is getting to be a character. When he knew he was going to get into trouble he would just smile at us and then go after what he was not supposed to have. He got very disappointed when it did not work. He did not give up. He is saying words and he talks as much as he can. He can jabber. He has a lot of teeth now and it is changing his looks.
      Gail that is funny to listen to boy’s tell what they are thankful for. I know that Owen is the same. He thinks of some strange things to be thankful for. Aliza told the teacher how her mom fixes a turkey. She said that she uses bananas and ice cream and cooks it for 17 to 18 hours. It would be interesting to see what that turkey would look like with the ice cream and bananas would look like. I imagine that the bananas and ice cream may be a little burnt. Don’t talk about the turkey. The imagination of little ones. It is such a shame they lose it. That is funny about the groceries It sounds like what I would do. My daughter helps me because they all know that I am not good at ordering on the internet. I love the memes that you post. They are so funny and it is good to get a good smile all the time.
      Adele, That must have been fun for JJ to be able to help Gary. He will like being able to help with the decorating also. My grands put up my tree for me. They did such a good job. Ron can help me put up the rest. He got my new village that we bought at Costco. We will have to get the sleigh out and get that put up. We will be putting up more of the decorations cause I like to have my Santa’s out. I do not like that I cannot do this myself. It is so aggravating. We got a wreath to put outside it is the one that Valarie Parhill sells. It is really pretty and I like the fresh smell of the pine.
      Well that Is all from here. Have a great night and stay safe.
      Colleen

• Gail Norusis
      Participant

Hi Colleen,
      I think we all have a lot to be grateful for. I’m mainly grateful for being able to get out of bed each morning and everything after that is gravy.
      Grayson sounds like he is really developing a personality. He sounds so darn cute!
      I like Aliza’s concept of how you make the turkey. It’s funny how kids think things are done.It’s funny-I have no problem ordering from Amazon the Q anywhere but when it comes to the WalMart groceries I always mess something up. Maybe because when it’s groceries there are usually a lot of items.
      Glad you are enjoying the memes. I like to read something that makes me chuckle or at least smile.
      Ohhhh! I love Christmas villages. I’m so glad I never got started with the Dept. 56 villages as i probably would have over run our house. lol I have an issue with overdoing things that I love. We haven’t been to CostCo because of covid so I didn’t get to browse their Christmas offerings this year. I’ll bet it’s pretty. I’m glad that you are getting to put out your Santa’s. Ron will probably be glad when your leg is healed. lol It does make them appreciate what we do when they have to do that stuff themselves for awhile.
      We used to get Valeries wreath’s but then I started getting the lighted ones so that stopped. I also used to send them as gifts. My brother used to like his when he lived in NM as everything there is brown and not green.
      Well, the Bears are on tonight. they will probably get beat by the Packers. It’s a big rivalry in this area.
      We have read that the district attorney or whatever it’s called in our county is not going to pursue bars and restaurants that don’t stay closed like their supposed to so I guess covid cases will rise as people go out to celebrate the holidays.
      We will just continue to stay home out of harms way.
      Brent is moving this week. He will have to make a couple 8 hour trips back and forth as the UHaul rental was way too much money. So hopefully they will be settled in by mid month.
      Ricky came over yesterday and helped Greg cover the pond with netting to keep the minks out. So now he is waiting on the part for the plow. Hopefully that will make it work.
      Gail

Attachments:
    • Colleen
      Participant

Hi Gail,
      It is nice that Brent got to move and get settled. I hope that he can find a nice place to move to. It can be hard to find a place that will take pets. I know that Melissa and Stephen have a hard time finding a place that takes the dogs and cat. I think that she has too many pets especially since they have to move a lot.
      When I order on the internet I hit the wrong button or instead of ordering one I will order two of the same thing. I do not know how I do that but I do all the time.

Mom use to make ceramic houses and people for villages. She was so good making those and she could paint them and make them look so good. You would have thought that they were store bought. We use to make Nativity sets and had started on some for the girls but never got them finished. I cannot do it myself it just really bothers me to try and do that with out mom here to do it with me. It was something that we did together and I just can’t do it without her.
      I am waiting to see when the kids will be out of school for the holidays. It will be interesting to see if they go back after the Christmas break. They seem to be unsure of what they will do. I hope in some ways that they will stay in school they need being with other people. It makes a difference in how the act. I know that Aliza gets tired of being at home. I wonder if she will like kindergarten as much as preschool. It will be interesting to see.
      I hope the netting will keep the minks out of the pond. You have lost enough fish to them as it is. I do not think that I have ever seen a mink around my friends pond. I will have to ask her if she has seen any.
      Well that is all from here. Have a great night and be safe.
      Colleen

• Gail Norusis
      Participant

Hi Colleen,
      Wow! It’s the last day of November already. The year has really flown even though we didn’t do much. lol
      I know when New Year’s comes this year everyone will be hoping for a better 2021.
      It is interesting to think that this year will feature heavily in future history books.
      I know Brent said he was having a hard time trying to find a place to rent that accepted pets.
      I know we do not allow them in our apartments.
      It’s funny, Greg’s Mom was also very good at ceramics and I always said that hers looked like store bought rather than home made. I never did get into trying that but I have a feeling I wouldn’t have been very good so it’s just as well.
      I have to laugh at Jenny as she doesn’t like doing crafts at all. But she does like to read so that’s a good thing. Kendall got her to read the Harry Potter books too-so all three generations have read them now.
      We already know that our kids are not going back to school third quarter so that will be a whole year on virtual learning. At that point I’m not even sure if the schools will think it worth it for them to go back for just one quarter-or just to start fresh in the fall.
      You know we never actually saw any mink either as they snuck in at night. But when every fish was gone we did some research and mink was the only option really. Our neighbor across the street said that he had seen some mink by his pond too.
      How much longer do you have in your brace. I hope that you will be out soon.
      Gail

Attachments:
    • adele shanbar
      Participant

HeyGailster

It was me Tillie Gary Bobby and JJ.
      JJ said thank you for all the work to have a Thanksgiving dinner. I did not give my annual speech that always begins with….. I am continually grateful for all the people around this table and that God has allowed us to add and not subtract…. yeah that did not get said
      I had one prepared. It went like this….. although e are missing a very important person this year, I am grateful for the 47 years I had her and all the people at this table because of her…… If I am still alive next year, I will say it then. I pray God does not take anyone else or I may be hospitalized!!!
      Bobby test is negative. Thank God. Marissa will be retested if Enzo’s comes up positive Bobby also did another one today. A rapid one Took 5 hours but it came back negative. Thank God
      What’s up with you snd Walmart?? This is what I do. I start my list for the next week immediately. I keep adding until Tuesday when I check out. You do have to watch all the screens to make sure you checked out all the way. You don’t have Instacart near you? They do the shopping and deliver it to the door price is 99.00 for the whole year snd toucan shop every day if you want to. You have to hit the minimum for delivery to be free. 35.00 I think. Not sure
      We are having awful storms tonight. One gust was so huge the plant on the counters leaves moved…..and the window is closed. I never lock that one but I will after I finish this post. Lol. They mentioned thunderstorms and the “t” word that scared the be-Jesus out of me
      I wonder how Barbara’s family is doing. I’m going to send Jerry a Christmas card.
      I can’t imagine. I hope Sue and Colleen are ok too Their losses at very new too. When you think of it we lost a lot of people this year
      I hope next year is better. 2020 was a mess. So many people are gone. All those empty holiday tables. Very sad
      Your grands are hysterical. I would have laughed my butt off at the poop comment. I glad you got to see them from afar Better than nothing!!
      Done with Pina’s stocking. On to Carmella’s. She is Enzos older sister and Sonny’s Godmother
      Pic attached. Amanda did a turkey pot pie. Was very yummy
      Luv Adele

Attachments:
    • adele shanbar
      Participant

HeyGailster

It was me Tillie Gary Bobby and JJ.
      JJ said thank you for all the work to have a Thanksgiving dinner. I did not give my annual speech that always begins with….. I am continually grateful for all the people around this table and that God has allowed us to add and not subtract…. yeah that did not get said
      I had one prepared. It went like this….. although e are missing a very important person this year, I am grateful for the 47 years I had her and all the people at this table because of her…… If I am still alive next year, I will say it then. I pray God does not take anyone else or I may be hospitalized!!!
      Bobby test is negative. Thank God. Marissa will be retested if Enzo’s comes up positive Bobby also did another one today. A rapid one Took 5 hours but it came back negative. Thank God
      What’s up with you snd Walmart?? This is what I do. I start my list for the next week immediately. I keep adding until Tuesday when I check out. You do have to watch all the screens to make sure you checked out all the way. You don’t have Instacart near you? They do the shopping and deliver it to the door price is 99.00 for the whole year snd toucan shop every day if you want to. You have to hit the minimum for delivery to be free. 35.00 I think. Not sure
      We are having awful storms tonight. One gust was so huge the plant on the counters leaves moved…..and the window is closed. I never lock that one but I will after I finish this post. Lol. They mentioned thunderstorms and the “t” word that scared the be-Jesus out of me
      I wonder how Barbara’s family is doing. I’m going to send Jerry a Christmas card.
      I can’t imagine. I hope Sue and Colleen are ok too Their losses at very new too. When you think of it we lost a lot of people this year
      I hope next year is better. 2020 was a mess. So many people are gone. All those empty holiday tables. Very sad
      Your grands are hysterical. I would have laughed my butt off at the poop comment. I glad you got to see them from afar Better than nothing!!
      Done with Pina’s stocking. On to Carmella’s. She is Enzos older sister and Sonny’s Godmother
      Pic attached. Amanda did a turkey pot pie. Was very yummy
      Luv Adele

• adele shanbar
      Participant

Hey Gailster Colleen DD and Sue
      Hope everyone had a good day and bought themself one thing for aChristmad
      So glad Brent found a place and moved in time for the holidays
      I used to love ceramics. I made a village for Tillie. I did it in blue with lots of glitter to look like it was a night scene. We have not taken it out on years
      I hope to get the tree up this week. I have to for the kids. I think I need it too
      I hope everyone has some holiday spirit. I am really trying
      We are having an awful storm up here tonight. I hope we do not get a tornado. You all know how that freaks me out!!!
      Lol
      Luv u guys
      Adele

• adele shanbar
      Participant

Hey Gailster Colleen DD and Sue
      Hope everyone had a good day and bought themself one thing for aChristmad
      So glad Brent found a place and moved in time for the holidays
      I used to love ceramics. I made a village for Tillie. I did it in blue with lots of glitter to look like it was a night scene. We have not taken it out on years
      I hope to get the tree up this week. I have to for the kids. I think I need it too
      I hope everyone has some holiday spirit. I am really trying
      We are having an awful storm up here tonight. I hope we do not get a tornado. You all know how that freaks me out!!!
      Lol
      Luv u guys
      Adele
      Ps. Love the memes and pics

• Gail Norusis
      Participant

Starting new December thread-see you all there.
      Gail

• Colleen
      Participant

Hi Gail,
      It is hard to get rid of something that you do not see. I hope that this netting helps. If you have beaver they are easy to spot and they build dams. So you know that they are there It is a lot easier to fight them.
      It just seems like our mom’s had more time then we have. We have all these modern inventions and we do not have the time to do the things they did. I think of all the things that my mom had to do the ironing, the cooking do all the dishes and have the house cleaned. They would also have time to help their mom’s out when they needed it.
      There are not a lot of people that can do crafts like our parents did. Melissa is the only one of our kids that makes things. She has a place on Etsy where she sells things. She made a tray that she put an there the first day and sold it. She needs to add things to that place on there. I do not what to call it.
      I will find out tomorrow after I see the doctor. They are going to take another x-ray. I am just praying that they let me take it off but Ron does not think that they will. I just hope that he is wrong.
      Time is just flying by. I do not know where it is going. I wish that we could stop it. Do you have your Christmas shopping done yet? I am almost done just need to get gift cards for two of my kids and some of the older grands. Do you get all your grandkids gift cards are get them gifts? I got both the younger ones gifts so they can open presents.
      Well that is about all from here. Have a great day and stay safe.
      Colleen

• Colleen
      Participant

Hi Adele,
      The pot pie that Amanda made looks really good. Wish that I could reach thru the screen and take a bite. That is one of my favorite meals but never can make one from scratch. I can never figure out how to make the sauce that goes inside of it. Mine is always dry. So I get the frozen ones.
      You need to put decorations up or you will never come out of the slump that you are in. Everyone need to see them up and feel like things are still okay. I know it is hard but you and the family need that. We can’t stop life because we have lost someone. It took me awhile to figure that out after mom died. It was putting out the decoration because she loved the holidays and always put things out. You may not put all of it out but you will put more out next year. Just never give up on life.
      We had snow here yesterday. It was pretty watching it fall to the ground. It melted as fast as it hit the ground but it was nice to see. It may be the only snow that we have this year. It is really cold here yesterday and today. It is a good day to stay wrapped in blankets and rad a good book. Wish we had a fire place but we don’t so will have make do with sitting by the heat vent.
      It is good news that their tests came back negative. You will not have to worry right now. Hopefully you will not have a scare like that again. Well that is about all from here. Have a great day and stay safe.
      Colleen

Viewing 83 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Share on Facebook
Facebook
Pin on Pinterest
Pinterest
Tweet about this on Twitter
Twitter
Email this to someone
email

Share this with a Smile
X Close
Watch QVC
top finds links QVC LIVE QVC PLUS QVC UK