Quacker Talk-March 20192019-03-01T09:12:19-05:00

Home Forums General Quacker Chatter Quacker Talk-March 2019

Viewing 145 reply threads
  • Author
      Participant

Hi Everyone,
      Is March coming in like a lion? If there are any new Quackers signing up and reading this please feel free to join our monthly discussion. We are a group of Quacker and QVC loving women who come on here to chat about everyday things in our lives. We always welcome new posters with open arms. Try us!

Attachments:
    • Gail Norusis
      Participant

Hi Everyone,
      Sorry about the missing picture of the St. Patrick’s gingerbread house. I guess the picture is a secret. lol
      Once again. Thank you all for the prayers for Greg. It was a little scary when the doctor sent him right off to the ultrasound place.
      DD, I don’t really know how you get an inflamed salivary gland. I think it was just because he had so much other inflammation in his system from a sinus infection, walking pneumonia and flu. It seems like when you have a lot of different stuff going on with your health weird stuff can pop up-it’s kind of like a snowball effect. He doesn’t need any special diet which is good. And the guy doesn’t like chicken soup so other soups will have to suffice.
      Amazon Prime used to be 99 dollars but I think they just raised it twenty dollars. I use it a lot so it is worth it to me just for the free shipping on Prime items. It really depends on how you will use it to see if it is worth your while. If they let you sign up monthly it’s worth a try to see if it works for your TV watching needs.
      Adele, your bread looks so good. I am a sucker for anything home baked. When I used my bread machine a lot my favorite bread was an onion dill bread. That was so good.
      Sue the people on the Q were talking about their bad weather. How are things where you are?
      We may get a little snow tonight. Hopefully that will be it.
      I think Greg and i may actually get out and go to Jenny’s tonight as no one has anything contagious anymore. I’m not sure i will recognize the outdoors. The new dog will have forgotten us. lol
      Gail

• Anonymous
      Inactive

Gail, First of all I am glad Greg’s problem was not more serious. I had thought of mumps as I had them when I was little but figured the doctor would have known had it been that.
      Now our weather is never ending. We had 3 inches of snow last night & are to get 3 more inches tonight. Then Sunday into Monday is to be a big one. Did not hear how much we are to get from that one yet. But it does not sound good to get to my doctors appt. on Tuesday. Because after the snow it is to get very cold teens in the day and single digits overnight. So that means everything will freeze. So even if the roads are clear it will be a mess where I park. So may need to reschedule. My shoulders have been really hurting I think from all the shoveling at least that does not help.

• adele shanbar
      Participant

Hey Gailster
      So glad greg is feeling better, and that you may get out to see Jenny and the kids tonight. Can’t wait to hear the Piper stories.
      Thanks for the compliments on the bread…..LOL there is a half of a loaf left. We will heat it up tomorrow night, with the left over Shepard’s Pie.
      Bobby was home today, as he worked an overnight in the airport, with airport staff…chasing little furry friends of his…..LOL At one point, they were after one little critter, and he was trying to be quiet as a young girl was sitting very close to the hole, and Bobby did nto want to frighten her, but, a flight attendant yelled….”the mouse just went in a hole”.
      Sp, because Bobby wa shome we had lunch from the corner diner, (I missed breakfast because I knew what was coming for lunch….LOL) and he got me a Reuben sandwich. Then at about 4:30, Heather stopped by with Tillie’s favorite bakery pizza. Had a piece of that, and then was not hungry at all for dinner. So, I ate an apple with Gary. It was an amusing food day around here.
      I hope Blue Bloods is on tonight! I just checked- it is a repeat.
      Oh well……hope you have a good night.
      Adele

• adele shanbar
      Participant

Hey Sue
      We are getting lasted too. A storm for tomorrow, about 3 to 6, they are saying. Then, on Sunday, a storm that will start aorund 11:00 am Sunday, and go to 11:00 am, Monday. Sunday may end as rain- they are not sure yet.
      for a winter with not too much snow, we are getting blasted now. We got more rain and ice, and now, we get snow.
      I hope you don’t get as much, and that the temps get up quick to melt it for you. That is my prayer for you tonight.
      Did you finish all your lemon bread? We still have a very small amount of cookies left, and half a loaf of bread. I will be baking more to keep the house nice and warm. Otherwise, they will all be complaining it is too chilly in here. I think the smell gives the illusion it is warm and toasty.
      GAry ahs the appointment with the Wound Clinic on Monday for the compression wound he has, and i am hoping to God he can get there safely. It is getting a little bigger, darkon the inside, and red on the outside. If it continues I amy be trying to get him to the ER, as I am afraid it will get infected before he sees them. We called today, trying to get him in earlier, and they could not get him in there as they were all booked.
      I hope you have a good weekend, and I sincerely hope you will get less snow than predicted.
      Adele

• Gail Norusis
      Participant

Sue,
      I hope that you will get lucky and some of that snow will pass you by. We are supposed to get really cold again now for the next several days. I keep thinking-it’s March!-things have to start getting better.
      What Greg has actually looks kind of like mumps which is the first thing I thought when I first looked at him. I asked him if he had had mumps as a kid but he didn’t know if he did or not. He didn’t remember it. I thought too-oh the doctor would recognize that but you never know. The young doctors may have never seen a case of mumps since there is a shot for it now and it is uncommon. When I was a kid I had measles, mumps, rubella, chicken pox-all those childhood diseases that they now have inoculations for. And of course the doctor’s back then would have seen all those things. Maybe the modern doctors haven’t seen actual cases of some of these diseases. I’m sure we all remember when the polio vaccine finally came out. I’m guessing i was around seven. I remember going to maybe city hall and getting the sugar cube that the vaccine was in. Imagine how frightening it must have been for our parents back then to know that there was this disease striking young people and they were powerless against it. The polio vaccine was surely one of the greatest discoveries of the 20th century. Anyway, i have gone off on a tangent.
      I hope your shoulders are feeling better. All that shoveling does probably make them ache. No wonder you detest the bad weather. I am blessed in that i have someone to shovel and plow for me. I worry about you in the cold and snow. I wish you could move somewhere that doesn’t have all those things to contend with. I am hoping for spring like weather to appear soon-although I know it really won’t be here for another two months.
      Gail

• Gail Norusis
      Participant

Adele,
      I hope Gary gets his wound taken care of before it gets worse. I think you have to be especially careful with a diabetic too.
      That was an interesting food day that you had. Did you say Tillie’s pizza came from a bakery? Do bakeries make pizzas by you? Speaking of that our town bakery is closing it’s doors today. Someone else was supposed to buy the bakery but it must have fallen through so today is the last day for this bakery that has probably been there for 80 some years. I guess there are lines outside the doors this morning to get something from the last day. It is really a shame. It’s the end of an era as that bakery has made cakes for the celebrations of families all around the area for so many many years. None of the younger family members want to take over-they have all gone on to other business ventures.
      We never got over to see Jenny last night as Kendall had a temperature of 102-the school nurse called Jenny. Anyway, the last thing i wanted was to expose Greg to something else so we stayed home again. His neck is starting to look better but he still looks kind of funny. I said it’s payback for when he was making fun of me and calling me Frankenstein when I had the big cut on my head from that biopsy a couple of years ago. it’s a good thing we can laugh. Anyway, I am having grandchildren withdrawals. lol
      I see lots of fashion on the Q today but it’s all spring stuff which we won’t be wearing until May. Wonder if Quacker will have something new.
      Gail

• Anonymous
      Inactive

It seems we are not missing any of the snow. We however did not have too much overnight. I had shoveled yesterday & cleaned off my car. Now it is 38 so some is melting. So I just have the big one coming tomorrow into Monday to worry about. None of the weatherman can agree on amounts & there may be a mix in it. That has been the problem this winter with the ice. Anyway whatever we get from this one will be around a long time as it is to get very cold & windy again. So I will have to make a decision about my doctor appointment. I would like to get it over with & will need prescription refills for my blood pressure medicine & don’t know if he would do that before seeing me.

I ordered a Quacker top that was on lunchtime specials & it arrived today. I don’t find anything very often on lunchtime special as they are usually only small sizes. If it warms up I should be able to wear it as it has long sleeves but have been in fleece all winter. Quacker does not offer much fleece & they have no sweaters anymore that are not flimsy (just for looks & not warmth). I can’t understand pushing 3/4 sleeve tees all year round. There are lots more people in cold climates then warm.

• adele shanbar
      Participant

Hi Sue!
      i got a velour zipper hoodie (got black and navy) from denim and Co, and a fleece button cardigan (got rose color)from denim and Co too, and both are very cozy. I have been wearing them over my sleeveless mock turtlenecks all winter. i have found that wearing the mock turtleneck (I get sleeveless as I get hot all the time) really helps my neck and shoulder. When I don’t wear it, I get more sore.
      Also, I use the ice bag once or twice a day on the shoulder, and that makes it feel good too.
      I know we all react differently to our pains, but, maybe those ideas can help you a little. How and what makes us feel better is so individual.
      It stopped snowing here a couple of hours ago. We got a few inches- about 4?? We are getting a lot more in the next one too. I am worried about Gary getting to the Wound Clinic on Monday. I hope you can change your appointment and get another one that will nto get snowed out. Both of us have been getting blasted with all kinds of bad weather. We have to hang on until April……Spring is coming! I hope!
      I bet your doctor will give you a new prescription, as he knows the weather is what stopped you from going.
      I just watched “Manchester by the Sea” on Amazon Prime. Very sad movie. I want to watch Tyler Perry’s Boo movie, as that will make me laugh.
      Hope you are ok, and got all the supplies you need for the next few days. Still praying for you to get less snow than us….
      Adele

• adele shanbar
      Participant

Hey GAilster
      I am still very worried about Gary getting to the clinic in this weather. We got about 4 inches, and a lot more is on the way.
      I am glad Greg is feeling and looking better. I would have done the same thing, as you do not want him exposed to anything else right now. the two of you have had a challenging health winer for sure.
      I bet you are having grand withdrawal, as they keep us amused. We need to smile in the winter.
      Yes, some bakeries around here make pizza- in a large cookie sheet, with a thicker crust, and cheese only as a topping ( with tomatoes, of course). you don’t have anything like that? Wow. i am continually amazed at the differences.
      I did have a weirdo food day yesterday- had an apple for dinner…..LOL I was too full for anything else. Of course, I had a package of 3 chocolate dipped Peeps while watching TV! I love the strawberry ones.
      I wonder if Sue has those bakeries, as she is not too far from us.
      Hope your weather is better, and your health improves….all of you!
      Adele

• Barbara Smith
      Participant

Finally able to take some time to drop in and say hello to everyone. It is cold and foggy and misty here. Supposed to have teens for temps the next few nights; so really don’t know what to expect. If you listen to one weatherman; they say one thing, and change the channel and they say something else. Is it that way where you live? Jerry always says go look out the window if I really want to know. So glad that scare you and hubby had for his neck turned out to be easily treated Gail. I do understand their concern. The way my disease showed up those many years ago was swelling in my neck. I had to be biopsied; since they didn’t do the ultrasounds back then. I truly understand how scared and worried you were. Thank God all is good. And I have seen salivary glands either get infected or blocked and they do swell quickly. I hope Garys hip is better Adele. Please take him early to an ER if you see it is changing. Redness is inflammation. He really must stop sleeping on that side to alleviate the pressure on the wound. They may put a wound vac on the area. If so; please have them explain it and how to use it properly and make sure you all are comfortable with all they explain before they finish. They are not real complicated; but do need to stay on properly to be effective. TMI I’m sure; but like I think Gail said, his diabetes does affect how quickly he heals; and I know you are such a big help to him; so forgive me if I am sounding like I know everything medical; because I surely don’t.
      Neal sent us a sweet video of the baby out with his little rain boots and coat on playing outside their apt. the other day. He was so fascinated with the bicycle rack, and playing with the pedals on them. Of course he had to jump the puddles. lol Miss them so much. Hopefully they will be coming back this way within a couple of months on their way to NC. Neal sounded so tired the last time we facetimed with him. He has the baby on his days off; which he loves spending their time together, while Sarah works and then she has him while Neal works. I sent her a Quacker shirt with an anchor on it in sparkles since the anchor was a symbol of their love at their wedding. She messaged me that it was cute. The baby calls me NaNa; which is what Sarahs Mother is called. I know they must talk a lot; and our baby just doesn’t know me as well; but I love him so much. Neal kept whispering to him “this is MiMi” and I finally said, “Its ok son, our little angel can call me anything he wants to” but he surely remembers “Paw Paw” and calls for Jerry if he doesn’t see him. Jerry told me don’t you dare let that upset you; but honestly it does hurt a little; but doesn’t change my love for him one bit. He is just confused and I pray one day he will really get to know me.
      How is your shoulder Sue? I know you are having more scary weather up there. Please be watchful if you have to get out. Do you have any driving services like Uber or Senior Services? Just wondering. Was that you or Adele that have been bread baking? There is nothing like the smell of homemade bread or rolls. I am planning to do a pot of chicken and dumplings tomorrow. It is one of those all day things; but the kitchen smells like a dream. I think I told you all how Joey has lost so much weight. Well, I am doing all I can to put some weight back on him, and I know he always loved this. I think I have all the things needed for brownies too; so hopefully I will do a good meal. Do you by any chance use lock and lock to keep extra meals in the freezer is you make a larger meal like roast or homemade soup/chile, whatever? I saw a set today that I think I will pick up for Jerry and me because I always seem to have leftovers but not enough to make a meal say for the 4 of us if the kids come up. I love a good baked potato too. Neal makes absolutely great twice baked potatoes. He used to make he and I one, and then for Sarah too when they met.
      Colleen, hope you and family are doing well. I know Mo. is getting some really cold icy weather. Please be careful. I don’t know if the people act as goofy in your area as they do in ours when the weather gets bad, but it is a sight to behold.
      DD, hope you and Jewell are doing well out in your beautiful area. This is definitely snuggle up under a warm throw weather all across this beautiful land. She is really a beautiful kitty. Ours got mad at Jerry because he threw out his favorite Q box one day last week by mistake. He pouts when things that upset his routine happen. lol
      Take care everyone. Prayers that all will go well. Barbara

• adele shanbar
      Participant

Hey Barbara!
      What is a wound vac? That sounds ominous….LOL GAry’s appointment is in the afternoon, and given the forecast, that may be ok. It is supposed to stop snowing around 10:00 am, and then the sun comes out. So, he may be ok with going at that time. We are getting 7 to 9 inches, as of this am.
      I am the bread baking crazy lady…..LOL Today, I am doing simple breaded chicken tenders, with mashed or boiled potatoes, and a veggie- have not decided on the veggie yet.
      The snow starts here about 7:00 pm tonight.
      I am glad you got to face time little Colin. Don’t be upset about his calling you Na Na. In most families, both grandmothers are called nana. They sometimes add…nana Adele, or nana……. to differentiate.
      the next couple of months will fly by, and then you will get to see them on their way to their new home. I think it was great when your DIL called to say she liked the Quacker top- positive progress…yahoo!!!
      So, ITKWD is on QVC 2 today, and I do not get that. Dam.
      We are all waiting for the storm to begin……help!! I hope Sue doesn’t get as much as we are getting.
      Hope you have a good Sunday, and get those brownies in the oven…yum, yum.
      Adele

• adele shanbar
      Participant

Hey, everyone……..

You have to google…SNK skit, Death Toilet Ejector…….you will pee yourself laughing. I am still laughing about it, and we saw it last night…..LOL

Adele

• Dianne Danielson
      Participant

Hi Ladies,
      My post just vanished into thin air, so I have to start over. It’s another lazy Sunday afternoon out here. It’s clear & sunny, but definitely NOT warm. Those blasted East winds are gusting through the Gorge making it very cold!! Highs are only in the 30s & lows in the teens or 20s at night. I hope the rains return soon as it’s much warmer.
      Adele, Thanks so much for the info on Amazon. I was able to get an even bigger discount with my food stamp card. I went with the monthly payments instead of the one time payment. That way if it doesn’t work out I can cancel at any time. I got an Amazon Fire stick to use with comcast, but for whatever reason, it wouldn’t work. So, with Xfinity essentials now it works like a dream!! I’m able to use Amazon Prime & watch my old faves like Perry Mason, Andy Griffith, & many more, including all 3 QVC channels. And the quality of the picture is amazing, no pun intended. I think it’s HD. Even the old shows look great!! I’m saving a bundle as well!! Xfinity essentials is $9.95/ month + Amazon Prime is $5.99/month, so that’s a whole lot less than what I was paying before.

Did any of watch the spring fashion shows on the Q this weekend? I got a couple pairs of IM crop pants. Bright white, & blush pink. And a pair of QF slim leg pants in lipstick red. Everything was on 5 pay or better so I couldn’t pass em up. I didn’t see any QF shows listed.

Barbara, I got a chuckle out of your kitty pouting. They sure do!! If I ignore Jewell she pouts too. Or if I change her bed. She’s my wake up call in the morning. The other day I took a pic of her sitting on my bed giving me the “stare down”. It’s her way of letting me know it’s time for breakfast. If I’m laying
      on my side she’ll get up on me & meow till I move then she gets down.
      Well, I guess that does it for now.
      You guys stay warm & safe.
      dd & Jewell

Attachments:
    • Gail Norusis
      Participant

Hi DD,
      I’m so glad the Amazon Prime worked for your TV needs. I have prime but really haven’t taken advantage of all it offers. Like Adele I mostly use it for the free shipping.
      We are back into the deep freeze here with below zero temperatures. Maybe some snow on Thursday but we’ll wait and see.
      I watched some of the spring fashion but didn’t get anything. It’s really too early here to be thinking about spring clothes yet. We are still wearing boots, heavy coats and gloves and hats. lol I have to laugh when I see them all strutting around QVC in sandals and crop pants and I know there is snow on the ground outside their doors.
      Gail

• Gail Norusis
      Participant

Barbara, I hope the storms across the south missed you.
      What a cute visual of little Collin jumping in the puddles in his little rain boots.
      I hope you get to spend some time with him when they make the move to North Carolina. I know you can’t wait to see him.
      You always give us such good medical information. I’m always happy to hear what you have to say about all our issues. it’s so informative. I must say I have never heard of a wound vac either. I googled it and there were actually some videos about how to use it. I must say I didn’t watch them but I know they are there if I would ever need them. Something like that would have been very helpful when I was trying to learn how to put on my Mom’s ileostomy bag after she had her bladder removed. That was kind of like the blind leading the blind and we would either get that paste too heavy or too thin-there’s definitely an art to it.
      I hope Joey enjoyed that chicken and dumplings and brownies. I know that I would have! Yum!
      I use lock and locks in the freezer some times. I have one of those divided dishes and i would often fill that for Brent and leave it in the fridge for when he got home at night after work when he lived here with us.
      I’ll bet you’ll be seeing signs of spring soon.
      Gail

• Gail Norusis
      Participant

Sue,
      I have some nice heavy fleece tops from Denim and Company. They are warm.
      I don’t get all the 3/4 sleeves either. They are too cold for winter and too hot for summer. I have a bunch of them too as I thought they were a good idea when they first came out and kind of went crazy with them before realizing they weren’t really the best of both worlds. or sometimes a top was really cute and that was the style it came in so i got it because i liked the style or pattern.
      How did you come out of this latest storm? I hope it skipped you.
      Gail

• Gail Norusis
      Participant

Adele,
      Nope. Around here bakeries do not make pizza. That’s a new concept.
      I hear you got socked with a foot of snow. Was Gary able to make his appointment?
      I googled the SNL skit. I laughed out loud when the thing was misfiring and flinging people against the walls. lol I feel asleep during SNL on Saturday night so i must have missed that one.
      So I texted Jenny Saturday morning to see how Kendall was doing and she said she was at Urgent Care right then. They tested her for strep and influenza and she has both! Poor thing. Her temp had gotten up to 103.2. So she has tamiflu and amoxcill. Jenny said she threw up the first dose but the fever is now coming down. I hate to see the kids sick like this.
      We are finally going to the Taste of Operation North Pole this evening. I am saving my appetite. We tried to go last year but it was too snowy and they have been doing this probably for about five years now. This year we are just having a deep freeze but it won’t be bad as this year they are having valet parking for the attendees so we just have to park in the circle in front of the convention center and walk right in. I like that!
      Gail

• Dianne Danielson
      Participant

Hi Ladies,
      Is it spring yet????? The East winds are still howling out there!!! We’re gonna get down into the low 20s tonight, & that doesn’t factor in the wind chill
      factor!!! I’d rather have the rain, at least it’s much warmer. Speaking of, we could get snow later this week when it starts warming up.

I didn’t know bakeries made pizzas. Never heard of that before. Interesting.

Wasn’t that awful about all those people dying in those tornadoes? All those homes turned into toothpicks. Just horrible. And Luke Perry dying at such a young age. It reminds me of when my brother passed away last summer. Same thing, massive stroke. So sad!!
      I caught part of the QF show earlier today. I hadn’t seen Nancy Hornback in months. I guess she’s on Q2 more than the main channel.
      We
      If I can’t get local stations on the Prime, I still have the DTV box I can switch to in a matter of seconds. I’m covered on both ends.
      Well, that’s all I got for tonight.
      Take care & stay safe & warm
      dd

Attachments:
    • adele shanbar
      Participant

OMG, DD!!!!
      I didn’t know we got Q2 on Amazon prime. LOL How funny is that?? How do you get to that channel?
      I saw your pic on facebook of the stare down. It was so cute!
      We got blasted up here- I am attaching pics of the back yard, taken out my bathroom window.
      It will be freezing up here this week. then, it will get better. I hope.
      I am so glad you are happy with the Amazon Prime. We all help each other out with info we all need. That is what friends are for!
      Hope you are having a good day.
      Adele

Attachments:
    • adele shanbar
      Participant

Hey Gailster
      We got 14 inches of snow. Bobby was out snowblowing at 5:45, before he went to work, so GAry could get out of the driveway. Poor Bobby- he did a great job, and then was back home before Gary had to leave for the hospital, and did more. Bobby went to work to do the airport, whihc he said was a mess due to all the cancelled flights, so he could not get a lot of his work done. then, he gets a call at 8:00 from his boss , saying “no work”, as he was closing the business for the day. They have to call real early to let Bobby know, as he always leaves by 6:30 for the airport. He was no mad, as he said he would have been backed up with more work this week, had he not gone to do the airport.
      Gary got the wound attended to. they did a gross scraping of it, which then caused him a lot of discomfort. It kept bleeding for hours, and we were nto allowed to remove the bandage, nor was he allowed to take a shower. So, tonight, after his shower, I ahve to remove the bandage and do this routine to seal it backup again. Yuck. I am not a nurse. I even tried to get a visiting nurse to do it, as I told them I was nto comfortable with that routine, as he could get infected. Didn’t work. If he did not drive, they would e able to get one. You will probably hear Gary scream all the way to your house tonight…..yuck.
      they told him this happens to a replaced hip anywhere from 5 to 10 years after. Also said if it got infected, and into the hip, they would have had to get the replacement out, put in a spacer until it healed, and then another hip. I reminded Gary that is what happened to Winnie after they botched the surgery and she got infected- a spacer was put in, and then she went septic and died. So, I hope to God this doesn’t get infected. dam. He had a real hard time sleeping last night, after the numbing agent wore off. He said it doesn’t hurt now. Wait until I have to clean it……film at 11:00, as they say.
      Hope you had a good time at the food fair. I bet you will have some good stories to tell.
      That is awful about Jenny and the kids. I hope nobody else in the house gets the strepp. It has been an awful winter for the kids. Extra prayers sent!!
      Have a good day- our sun is shining-yahoo!
      Adele

• adele shanbar
      Participant

Hey Sue…..
      I am hoping you got less snow than we did. Also hoping whatever you got is melting.
      Adele

DD
      Love the cute pics. Mine are not so cute…LOL
      I find that really odd that only our bakeries make the bakery pizza. Wow.
      I was horrified when I saw the devastation from the tornados. Those poor people. It is awful to get a o tornado warning. I would lose my mind. I ahve been saying a prayer for all affected by that awful storm. I hope nobody else gets an e4 tornado.
      I hope Barbara and her family are ok, and did not get any damage from any of those storms.
      Please read the post to Gail for more info….
      HAve a good night!
      Adele

• Anonymous
      Inactive

Adele, you got more snow this time. We only had about 4 to 5 inches here. But no it is not melting very cold single digits and teens. Won’t warm up until the end of the week. They had more snow South of us. Did you hear about the drunk driver that crashed into the snow plow truck with such force it lifted the truck off the ground & shattered the windshield. They took the plow driver to the hospital but have not heard how badly he was hurt.
      I think you must be the only one who can get pizza at a bakery.

I did get to the doctor. I was scared getting in & out of the car but I made it. My arm is sore as they said I had only had the 1st part of the pneumonia vaccine so they gave me the second part. They want me to consider getting the new shingles shot. I had the old one but this one is to be more effective.
      I must also go for a mammogram & another ultra sound. It has not been that long since I had an ultra sound so find that unnecessary but will go & hope insurance pays for it.

• adele shanbar
      Participant

Hi Sue
      I am glad you did nto get as much as we did. The weather is on right now, and he is saying we have a flurry overnight. Temps will be in the 20’s and an awful wind chill. So, I will make a loaf of bread to make it smell, and feel warmer in here.
      I am glad you got to the doctor, and back home safely. Wait until April to make your follow up appointments- it should be good by then!
      I think I heard something about that plow driver accident. We are having a lot of broken windshield accidents from the flying ice and snow off trucks, and overpasses. At least 4 in the last couple of days. I am so glad I am retired, and do not have to go to work in all this mess.
      I have heard they are coming up with better vaccines, and I will have them too, when offered. A bit of protection is worth a lot to all of us. You hear so many awful stories.
      GAry is finishing his shower, and i have to go and clean and fix the wound. frankly, I am scared to death it will get infected. I will wash my hands before and during the steps I ahve to take. I even disinfected the scissor that cuts the tape. I am trying my hardest not to cause any problem with this wound thing. Yuck.
      Hope you have a good night. I got this cool cardigan from Stan Herman- a real warm one for around the house- chenille- has not come yet. I wish I had it for tomorrow…..LOL
      Adele

• Colleen
      Participant

Hi Ladies,
      My mom is starting to do better. She has seen so many different doctors she is tired of the whole thing. I just hope she is over all of this soon. I am home for a few days and then I will go back and stay with her for I am not sure how long.
      Gail I am so glad that Greg’s problem was not serious. He should be back to normal soon. That must be such a relief for you. I hope you had a good visit with your grands.
      Adele I missed your bread but I bet it was good. Everything that you bake looks so good. We all wish we lived closer and could enjoy your goodies. I hope that the snow has stopped by you and you can get around. It seems like that snow storm hit all over the place. We had snow here also. The bad part of it was the strong winds. I wonder what is in store for us next week.
      Barbara I am glad that you are feeling ok. That is so good that you got the video of Colin playing out in the rain. It is fun to watch kids stomping in the rain. They all really enjoy playing in the rain.
      DD it sounds like you are having cold weather like the rest of us. It is an odd winter. I hope that it starts to warm up soon we need to start to get the ground ready to plant a garden.
      Well ladies that is all from here.I hope you all have a good night.
      Colleen

• Gail Norusis
      Participant

Colleen,
      So happy your Mom is doing better. We miss you on here! I will continue to pray for her recovery. She is a strong and special woman!
      Hugs,
      Gail

• Gail Norusis
      Participant

DD,
      I love the Easter Kitty! How cute!
      Gail

• Gail Norusis
      Participant

Adele,
      You guys got socked with the snow. Hopefully it will warm up and melt quickly. I don’t know where I’ve been but I just realized today is Ash Wednesday. We also go back to daylight savings time this weekend. Yahoo! I love more daylight.
      How did the changing of the bandage go? I can totally sympathize with you as I don’t have that nursing instinct either but yet i always got stuck with all the nursing duties anyway. After awhile I just got used to it and did things that I never thought i would have been capable of doing.
      The Taste of ONP was quite impressive. There were about 600 people there. I had no idea that it had grown so big! There were probably 50 different chef’s tables offering all kinds of different food. We ate a bunch of stuff that we didn’t even know what it was. lol It was an interesting night. It’s too bad it’s on a weeknight though as we had an hour and a half drive home and Greg had to get up and go to work the next day. The little girl that won Master Chef junior was there as a special guest. Bo Jackson was also supposed to be there but he ended up having a conflict and not showing up.
      I’ve not talked to Jenny in a couple of days. I was supposed to baby sit tomorrow but not sure if that is still on or not. I will have to text her later. lol I’m like a teenager! lol
      Gail

• adele shanbar
      Participant

Hi Colleen
      So glad you had a minute to give us an up-date. We were all worried. Prayers sent to you and your Mom!!
      I am glad she is feeling a little better. It took Tillie a long time to recover, so please make sure you are taking care of yourself too.
      Love you to pieces!!
      Adele

• adele shanbar
      Participant

Hey Gailster!
      Well, the bandage went better than I thought. Ripping off the bandage was the worst. the area underneath is bigger than Gary thought, as they took all the skin off the whole thing- about a 2 inch wound, and goes deeper in the middle. It looked fine, with no red or yuck, so that was good too. I just hope it stays that way. I did a smaller area on the “Hypafix” – the top layer of the bandaid thing, so when I take it off, it is less ripping. He goes back Monday to the Wound Clinic.
      Glad you two had a good time, and that the weather cooperated on the ONP event. That sounds like a lot of fun. I read the post to Gary, and said…Ill have to ask Gail which chef Bo Jackson is. He laughed, and told me he was a ball player….LOL
      I hope Jenny and the kids get better, soyou can visit with them this Friday. I know you must be having Piper Withdrawal!
      Have you seen the R kelly disaster? What a nut. So many women whose lives are forever changed due to his grossness.
      I hope the sun is shining….it is here….
      I am making a new bread recipe today….made with regular flour, wheat flour, corn meal, and Harvest Grain Blend, from King Arthur co. Pictures to follow.
      Adele

• Anonymous
      Inactive

Gail Did you see the crop pants with butterflies? Just checking because they are showing this summer wear & have no reorders. That is crazy as we can’t wear this stuff now & it is gone when we want it.

• Gail Norusis
      Participant

Thanks for the heads up, Sue. I know. That gets me too that they are selling this stuff in March and you have to get it now if you want it because when it actually gets warm it will be gone. The fashion industry is very frustrating the way the seasons are so far ahead of the actual weather.

• Gail Norusis
      Participant

Hi Adele,
      I am glad the dressing change went well. Now you have to get Gary all healed up.
      That is funny that you thought Bo Jackson was a chief. Greg was disappointed that he wasn’t there. That’s how it is with these sports guys. Greg’s brother is even worse. I always say he would watch a tiddlywinks game if someone told him it was a sport. He lives in the same town he went to college in and all these years later he goes to all the college games football, basketball and maybe even some baseball.
      I just found out that the kids have a birthday party tomorrow night so we won’t see them. Talk about withdrawal. I will have to see if we can get together some other time this weekend.
      We are supposed to get some snow tonight but not that much I don’t think. After that it is supposed to warm up. By that I mean above freezing. it’s all relative. lol
      Your bread sounds very interesting. It sure has a lot of different stuff in it. You’ll have to give us the full report later. lol What are you serving with it?
      Gail

• adele shanbar
      Participant

Hi Sue
      I totally agree- when you need something, they have the next season in stock. You can never buy a bathing suit in your size in July or August. Not that we are in the market for one right now….LOL
      I got the Stan Herman chenille jacket yesterday- boy, is it snuggly warm. Take a look at them, as it would keep you very toasty all winter long.
      We are getting snow and sleet on Sunday. Are you getting any? I hope you will e spared.

Hey Gailster
      the bread was a success. We had it with leftover chicken soup. I had mine with a little butter and some apricot marmalade. I gave some to Nancy and Gerald when they left today, and Gerald already called to say it was delicious- he toasted it, with butter. Ill attach the pics of it, from rising to eaten….LOL
      That is awful that you can’t see the kids tomorrow night. I hope you get a visit on over the weekend.
      Superstore comes back on tonight- yahoo!
      Gary is still very sore, and it is hard to see if it is getting better, or not. If it continues to get darker, I will call the hospital. I am hoping when I see it tonight, it will look better- very hard to tell, as they scraped all the skin off.
      Tomorrow Gary and Tillie go to the dentist. Gary finally for a cleaning, as he hasn’t been able to go since the heart attack. he had to wait a year for a cleaning. Tillie is going to re-line her bottom denture.
      I have a question for you- your bed is a split king, right? Do you get annoyed with the 2 different mattresses? I wonder if with the seam in the middle, I will not be able to hug Gary when we sleep. When I ahve a hard time sleeping, if I snuggle into his back, I finally fall asleep…..LOL
      Hope your night is good, and you have no snow.
      Adele

Attachments:
    • adele shanbar
      Participant

3rd pic disappeared…..

Attachments:
    • Gail Norusis
      Participant

Hi Adele,
      The bread is making me hungry as I have not had breakfast yet. It looks delicious with all those different grains in it.
      I will keep praying that Gary heals up quickly and as good as new. That’s interesting that Gary could not get his teeth cleaned after the heart attack. When they thought I had a heart murmur at one time I used to have to take an antibiotic before a teeth cleaning. Then I went back and got rechecked and they said whoever heard the heart murmur was mistaken and I didn’t have one. I get my teeth cleaned every three months so that would be hard on me to wait a year. What if he needed other dental work in that year’s time?
      Yeah! I’m glad Superstore is back. I haven’t watched it yet though. It’s a good thing DWTS is taking a break this spring as I don’t know when I would watch it between watching The Voice, American Idol and World of Dance-place we were also watching that Wall of the World but i think that’s almost over.
      Yes with the split king there is a gap between the two sides of the mattress that makes snuggling difficult unless one of you wants to be in the crack. I’m not crazy about that aspect of it but it’s just another thing that we live with because the bed is so comfortable for Greg. I do love the sleep number part and being able to raise the head of the bed up when i want to. So it has it’s good and bad points just like about everything else in life. Sometimes when we travel I miss my bed. Especially since some of them are so high we have to travel with a footstool in the car in case i can’t get into the bed. lol
      Gail

• Anonymous
      Inactive

It is snowing here again. This one is not to amount to much but I am sick of it anyway. We may get some warming after this as they are saying rain tomorrow & Sunday. So hope it is plain rain & not freezing rain.
      The scheduled my appointments for the things he wants done one next week & the other the end of March. I just find it unnecessary to repeat a test that was done 7 months ago. I lost 4 lbs. Of course he did not mention that. He just is all over me if I gain. The nurse that did the wellness visit said I seem to be eating a good balanced diet. So I think that should be good enough without cutting out all the good food.

• adele shanbar
      Participant

Hi Sue
      I am thrilled that you are getting all rian tomorrow. We are having a mix of mess……snow, ice freezing rain, and then rain. I figured because you are lower, you could get the all rain of the storm. I hope it melts everything on your street and walkways. that would make your appointments real simple to get to.
      That is fabulous that you lost 4 pounds. GO SUE!! GO SUE!! GO SUE!! You will always get kudos from you Quacker friends.
      Th sun is shining up here today. not tomorrow.
      Since the corned beef is already on sale at Stop and Shop, we will behaving it for dinner tomorrow. That is such a good meal, and everyone loves it. becasue it will be so gross out there, we will do a smaller one, and nto have all the kids over. When MArissa goes to BJ’s, I will have her get a larger cut of meat and invite them all here.
      I hope you are feeling good. Gary has not been feeling good the last 2 days, but, seems better today. I always get very concerned when he doesn’t feel good.
      Are you making more lemon bread tomorrow, in the rain storm?
      HAve a good weekend!
      Adele

• adele shanbar
      Participant

Hey GAilster
      That is very funny about travelling with the foot stool. they keep making things bigger and bigger. Seriously?
      The wound GAry has looks like it is getting better. But, it is still hurting him, especially at night, when he sleeps. So, he has not been sleeping well at all, and has not looked good, either. that gets me very nervous, as he has had so many issues. He seems better today, so that is good. if he was not better, he was goign to the ER, as I do not want to take any chances with his heart or kidneys. Gary just said he thinks he has a minor stomach flu thing going on……
      Heather doesn’t feel good. She has nto looked good lately either. her stomach has been bothering her, and today her lower back. I am afraid she is having a diverticulitis attack, and asked her to get to the ER, before it gets serious. I am hoping she will go….right now she is getting the car fixed at one of our customer’s shops. She needed some minor repairs done.
      Speaking of Greg…how has he been feeling??
      I am very much on the fence about a new bed. Not thrilled with the split thing at all. One more question- do the 2 beds move, and make the middle gap bigger? I am a very active sleeper, and all over the bed. I realize with our different needs, we may want the bed in different positions, so that would create an issue to. Not liking these choices at all.
      The sun is shining up here, but, not for long.
      How are the kids doing? Are they all better? I hope you can get a visit in this weekend.
      Have a good one!
      Adele

• Colleen
      Participant

Hi All,
      Good job losing the 4 pds. that is really good keep up the good work.
      Has anyone noticed that the prices are getting on the q? They have some new companies and new hosts. I noticed that on guy is from Ireland and has an accent. There are a lot of changes at the q. I also heard that they bought HSN. I do not understand why they are buying all these businesses. I just hope that they do not get so big that we will not be able to afford them are they will start closing.
      I am glad to hear that Gary and Greg are both doing better. It is hard when men get sick. They do not want to do what they are supposed. I hope that Gary starts to look better. I know that it is hard to sleep when you are sore or have a sore on you body.
      Adele that bread looks so good. What kind is it? Did you post the recipe on here. I have missed so much I will never get caught up. They were saying that the flu is really going around right now all over the states. It is odd that it is hitting that many people now. It is past the flu season.
      I have read three books since mom has gotten sick. I would read while she slept. I thought of you Gail when I was reading all these books. I will have to post it on the reading page. How are all your grands are doing well. They took Aliza to see some chickens, rabbits and ducks. They had them at a farm supply store. Well Aliza wanted a closer look at the chickens so she climbed up on this thing and was standing over the chickens and she yells hello chickens and scared them to death. She is a mess. I think that it surprised her when she scared them. I do not know what she was thinking.
      DD I like all the pictures that you posted they are so cute. But they always are. Are the measles still going around where you are? I hope that they finally got them under control.
      Well that is about all from here. I hope everyone has a great night.
      Colleen
      P.S. thank you for all the prayers for my mom. She is doing better but we still have to stay with her all the time.

• Gail Norusis
      Participant

Hi Adele,
      I hope Gary and Heather are both feeling better. Has Heather had problems with diverticulitis before? I hope she gets checked out.
      Greg is feeling better. He says he is not back to normal yet but he’s getting there.
      No the beds do not move apart as they are in the same frame but the individual sides can each be adjusted. It’s kind of hard to explain. The best thing to do would be go to a sleep number store and look and lay down on the beds. That’s what we did. I do love the ability to make the mattress softer and harder according to how my body feels that particular day and I do like that you are not sleeping on springs. But everyone is different and it is a considerable purchase as a sleep number bed is quite a bit of a heftier price than a regular innerspring mattress. I was just so put off after we bought that expensive Stearns and foster mattress that sagged in the middle after a few years that I wanted to try something different. Greg who was very reluctant about the sleep number now loves it so you just never know.
      I’m so excited that we have now sprung forward! I can see winter’s end is in sight.
      My SIL and her husband just bought a condo in Florida so now I guess they will become snow birds and leave up here for the whole winter. I would like to get out of the cold but I wouldn’t want to leave Jenny and the grands for 5 or 6 months at a time. He still has his big dog so I wonder what they will do with her as a lot of the condos have size limits on dogs.
      What are you baking for me today? lol
      Gail

• Gail Norusis
      Participant

Sue,
      A good balanced diet is important. I think i eat a balanced diet too and it makes me wonder how I got so big. Probably more from lack of activity as I am not an exercise person. The things I like to do-read-watch movies-cross stitch don’t require much physical activity. I wish I was more active but that is not how I like to live. Congrats on the four pounds. Any weight loss is a huge accomplishment in my book as it is so hard to do. I can’t imagine how hard it was for Leah to lose all the weight that she has. It takes extreme dedication.
      Gail

• Gail Norusis
      Participant

Hi Colleen,
      It’s so good to hear from you again. I will keep praying for your Mom.
      Yes the Q prices have gotten higher. I can remember when you could get a t shirt for 15 dollars or so on there. Of course prices in stores have gone up too so it’s all relative, but when I first started watching the Q things were more of a bargain than they are now.
      The way I understand it QVC does not own HSN-The company that owns QVC which I think is called Quarate also bought HSN. From what I understand there is now some cross over with some brands between the two companies. I rarely watch HSN so I don’t know this for a fact. Quarate also owns other companies. That’s just how business works. They like to make acquisitions and grow their portfolios. So many of the smaller brands that first came to QVC as independent brands have now sold out to larger companies-a lot of the cosmetic brands have done this and I think Judith Ripka has also sold out.
      They said on the news that flu season actually goes until May so there is still a couple months of it left. I hope we are all done with it though.
      I have been reading a lot this winter as we have not done much and I have been stuck in the house. I will have to post my books sometime too. I am interested to see what you have read. I always have my nose in a book anyway. I am on Goodreads and you can participate in a challenge over there. At the beginning of each year you can pledge to read X amount of books. It’s kind of a fun thing to do. Plus you can keep track of all the books you have read and what books you want to read. And enter contests for book give aways. I am pretty lucky over there and probably win either a print book or a kindle book every three months or so. I wish I could be so lucky at the casino when we go. lol
      Aliza is funny. I’m sure she was surprised when she scared the chickens. It’s a good thing she didn’t get scared herself if they raised a ruckus.
      Has Ron been going with you to your Mom’s or staying home. If he stays at home I’ll bet he misses you.
      Gail

• adele shanbar
      Participant

Hey Colleen!
      I am so glad your mom is feeling better. I am still praying she will be back to her old self, just like Tillie.
      I ahve to tell you what she said to Marissa. She was chatting with ehr and said,” I am not going anywhere. You know I have a few more good years in me”. Well. MArissa was thrilled to hear her talk of a future again. We all are. m I swear this was a miracle. she even said she is seeing a little more around the black spot in her eye. Dam. Prayers do get answered!!
      OMG…did anyone get a pic of Aliza with the chickens? That must have been hysterical. I can only imagine the noise the chickens made, and how Aliza looked. That reminds me of the story Barbara told us about ehr DIl and her chickens. ut one got taken by an owl, and she sent them to a safer farm that had wireover the chickens. I forgot to ask her if her DIL visits the chickens.
      My grands are ok. I ahve some big news on that….here goes….So, Marissa and Enzo do not want to marry right now. they are happy to stay engaged. however, they have announced, they want to get pregnant. heather got a bit upset, but, I told her to calm down. They ahve obviously thought this out in great detail, and made a plan for themselves. they want a house, and a baby. So be it. Another addition to the family is always welcome. I just do nto like it when someone is taken away,and I thank God for that every day.
      Marissa will finish school, and that is also good. I am betting both she and Steph will end up pregnant together….LOL Steph always wanted a girl. It is just a funny feeling I have. MArissa stopped taking the pill at least a month ago, so we are all waiting to see what happens.
      Hope your day is good, and your Mom is a little better every day.
      Adele

• adele shanbar
      Participant

Hey Gailster!
      I am happy for your SIL with her new condo. I hope they love it,and that their puppy is not an issue with the condo association.
      Well, Heather took some heavy duty Alleve’s- she took 3 of them….LOL SInce it made the pain stop, she did nto go to the ER. It was her back, and she said after she took the Aleve’s it was manageable. heather has diverticulitis, like I did. years ago, I had a piece of my bowel removed, and it has not come back. I was lucky that I had a great surgeon. I was so happy to eat popcorn and nuts again, as i had not eaten them for over 15 years. I was hospitalized quite a few times,as my infections got real bad. A lot was caused by stress, the doctor said. Actually, the nurse who saw me for the first time n the hospital asked what I did for work,and then said….”I am surprised we didn’t see you earlier”. So,it is nto just what you eat, it is also stress that can cause a flare up, and I had plenty of those….about 4 stays in the hospital, and many rounds of antibiotics in between. Heather’s is not as bad as mine was. But, I know eventually, she will get there. It just keeps getting worst. I am also glad it was just a muscle pull, or how she slept that made her back hurt so much. She said she is a little sore today, but ok.
      Gary is doing better. His wound looks like it is healing. he goes back tomorrow to the Wound Clinic at the hospital.
      We are going to have to get out to lie on the mattresses. Can you imagine how the security staff will be howling, when they us 2 chubbies get in and out of bed in public????
      So have you done some cross stitch lately? I haven’t done any needlepoint in a few weeks, as I got out of sync with the tax prep….LOL I ahve to get back to it!!
      It is sleeting and a mess up here.
      Hope your day is better weather than ours!!
      Please read the post to Colleen for the up-dated grand news…….
      Adele

• Dianne Danielson
      Participant

Hi Ladies,
      I’m baaaaaaaaaaaaack! I haven’t read all the posts so forgive me if I miss something. I hope everyone remembered to set the clocks ahead. Seems it gets earlier all the time. I remember when we didn’t do it till April. We have clear blue skies out here today. Winter weather plagued us all week. It snowed all day Wednesday, but it didn’t stick down here. We had some warmer days so the ground was warm enough that it didn’t stick. It did stick in the mts tho.
      They say we’ve surpassed what they were expecting in snowfall in the mts. March is supposed to come in like a lion, but it was a few days late out here. I think the temps are supposed to be getting up into the 50s this week. More where they’re supposed to be. I hope you guys are getting better weather.

I got good news. My mgram came out normal. Sigh of relief. I sliced my left index finger the other day cutting some meat so it’s been too sore to type.

The measles outbreak is still spreading. Only a few are here in Portland. The people who contracted it stayed home & didn’t spread it all over town.
      I hope everyone’s loved ones are feeling better & healing quickly.

Take care & stay safe & warm.
      dd

Attachments:
    • adele shanbar
      Participant

Hey DD!
      Love the chicken pics…..LOL
      I think it is safe to say, we all hate the changing of the times. I wish they would just keep it the same. Too upsetting to our internal clocks.
      Thank you- everyone is feeling better over here, and I am eternally grateful. Gary’s friend Al met GAry a week ago friday for breakfast. they came down with the same, just not right feeling, and then the bathroom issue….yuck. So, it looks like the two of them ran into the same germ when they had breakfast.
      So happy to hear your mamcame out good. We are having some good health news, and that is just too fabulous for words.
      Also good the measles outbreak has been handled.
      Our weather has been weird too. No snow at all and now we are getting it. It snowed first today, and then sleet the rest of the day until evening- rain. It is supposed to stop soon. We are also getting into the 50’s this week. how weird is that?
      Do you watch God friended me? I love that show. It comes on at 8 tonight. Also, Good Girls is back on,and that show makes me laugh- regular salt of the earth Moms gone criminal…..LOL
      I hope your Sunday evening goes well, and that you watch some shows to make you smile.
      Adele

• Gail Norusis
      Participant

Hi DD,
      I’m glad for the good news on the mammo.
      Greg cut his finger yesterday when he was making us salads for dinner so I had to take over so he wouldn’t drip blood on the food.
      We barbecued outside yesterday. First of the season. We had to shovel some snow off the deck. lol We used to barbecue all year long but now we are too wimpy to do it in the midst of winter. lol I am expecting to start seeing robins coming back any day now.
      I don’t mind losing the hour of sleep at all when i know the daylight is going to last longer into the evening hours. I look forward to it.
      Gail

• Gail Norusis
      Participant

Hi Adele,
      That must have been music to your ears to hear Tillie say that she wasn’t going anywhere yet. Just think how things have turned around with you going from the depths of despair to the joy that you have now. I am so happy for all of you.
      I am glad that Marissa is planning on finishing school. It would sure be easier for her if she finished before she had the baby but what do I know. I am just trying to be practical.
      Yikes! I didn’t know that you had diverticulitis. You had some bad times with it. I’m glad you had the surgery and it doesn’t bother you anymore.
      If you go to the sleep number store there won’t be any security. lol They are usually pretty small places and chances are if you go during the day on a weekday you may be the only people in the place. It really did help because when we were in a king bed without the split and Greg put the mattress how it was comfortable for him with both the head and feet raised a little it made me feel like I was in a taco shell. that’s how we figured out that the two of us needed different bed positions so would have to go with a split king. You can also try out how hard or soft that you like to make the mattress. I like my side nice and soft. Lots of times when Greg and I go do something that would possibly be embarrassing we just make a joke out of it and get the sales person laughing and it kind of defuses the situation.
      Yes, I have gone back to doing a little cross stitch and a little knitting while I am watching soaps in the afternoon. I do things like that in fits and spurts.
      We never did get over to see the kids this weekend. Hopefully we will see them this Friday-plus there is early release on Wednesday so i will have to go over and watch them until Jenny gets home.
      Gail

• adele shanbar
      Participant

Hey Gailster!
      i have the kitchen window open a crack to let in some nice fresh air. Imagine that! It is to get to 60 by the end of the week. Wow, is all I can say.
      I heard the Mourning Doves the other morning. So, the birds are returning. It gives you hope for good weather. I only hate that it seems to go from winter to summer, with no spring at all. The spring is such a nice time of year, with no need for the air on.
      Gary is at the Wound Clinic. More worries for his skin…..all around where the adhesive is, he has a rash. I knew that would happen, as his skin breaks down quickly. I hope they will be able to solve this before it gets a lot worst.
      Oh yes…. much easier to finish school with no Itty Bitty. But, they have made up their minds. I am adamant about her finishing school, and I hope she will, and do not wish to make it an issue between us. Way too many issues in a family to add more…..LOL I just hope their plans work. I did tell her the old adage……Man plans, and God laughs. hope that one will be chirping in her ear….LOL
      I hope you will be able to continue to BBQ. Our deck has way too much snow on it. I hope it melts this week.
      I wish we would have the same time all year long. Just keep it like it is now.
      I bet you will have a great time with the kids Wednesday, as I know they have missed you too.
      You will have to take a pic of your needlework, and show us. Go Gail!
      Hope your day is sunny and bright.
      Adele

• Anonymous
      Inactive

Gail, What did you think of Jake Puliti on American Idol? He is from PA. I don’t usually watch AI as there are so many things can’t watch them all. But have been following him on the news & was so happy all 3 judges put him through. I did not appreciate Katy Perry rolling around on the floor. This is a complaint I have of a lot of shows adults acting less mature than kids.

• Barbara Smith
      Participant

Glad to hear that your Mom is better Colleen. And super happy to hear that your Mom’s outlook on life is so improved, Adele. I know you both are feeling so good about these improvements. This is wonderful news, girls. I bet if you are taking care of your Mom and Ron is staying home he is really missing you. He would even probably gladly eat potato soup now, Colleen LOL Mabey not that much ha ha I hope you are taking care of yourself too. Adele, I am SO sorry that they would not provide a nurse to come and change Gary’s wound dressings instead of making you responsible for it. It makes me so ashamed of how much the medical professional has changed in the last 15 years or so. Do you all remember how when we had our babies we all stayed in the hospital for at least 2 days if not longer? And now they do practically every surgery in the “same day surgery” centers and wake you up, send you home, and you on your own. I wish I had been with you. The vindictive side of me would have very calmly and southernly sweet said ” Well, since I am stating for the medical record that I do NOT feel qualified, this procedure, if not done correctly, could cause my husband pain, infection, DEATH; and the mental anguish you are causing me to feel by forcing me to do this, will now make me have to consult our family attorney about how we should handle this matter, and as for now, I am refusing to be responsible of conducting this medical procedure” and then just sit there and watch their mouths drop open. This just makes my blood boil. What you described about your dear friend is absolutely true, and you are not wrong. By the way; a wound vac is a machine that hooks up and attaches to a dressing that the doctor applies and it literally sucks, like a vacuum cleaner, the yuck coming out of a wound and keeps the area free of the bad stuff. I pray he is doing better, I know you worry and rightfully so. It is more difficult with the diabetes for a wound to heal, and all I can say is shame on them for not helping you all.
      I know it was very hard for you Gail and your changes of the ostomy bags. That is a challenge. It was hard for me too. Some of our sites were so excoriated and inflamed, and the “paste” was as good as putting nothing on, in fact, seemed to make it harder for the bag to adhere to the site. How sweet of you to do this for her. She was so blessed to have you to help her.
      DD. I love your Rooster picture with the clock and the coffee! And the kitty picture was so cute with the bunny ears. That is exactly how our kitty looks every spring when we do his picture. In fact; he gets mad at every outfit we try to dress him in. It is so funny, our kitty gets mad and pouty, and the puppy dog just loves to get dressed up. She will let you put dresses on her, hats, caps, paint her nails. And she just seems to smile when you go to take her picture. I can just imagine how your kitty pesters you until she gets you up. She is your little alarm clock.
      I hope all the kids and grandkids are feeling better. It just makes you feel so bad when we see someone we love not feeling good. Gosh, did the doctor say a reason for another ultrasound Sue? Bet it was just to make sure that things are still going well. You have done so good with your knee after your surgery. But I know it was due to how hard you worked with your PT and doing everything they said. And as far as your weight loss is, congratulations! We always are happy for our Quacker friends when they hear any happy news. The doctor I have always lets me know when I gain a pound. I always swore if I got thin I wouldn’t ever go around saying “if I can do it anyone can do it” to poor people like me who are bigger. Makes me mad. Better get off this soap box; already ranted about how they did Adele. ha ha
      I got the same Stan Herman bed jacket Adele. I love mine. Keeps my shoulders and arms so warm. Isn’t that funny we got the same?
      Better go for now. Got a call from Neal. He leaves Ca. on April 30th to drive here, and the baby and Sarah leave that day to fly here. He wasn’t sure yet if they will be coming here or going to her Mom and Dads. He Mom and Dad are flying out there and driving her car here. But any way they decide to do it; I am on cloud nine just knowing they are coming home. I am doing David’s Happy Dance. lol
      Bye for now, and prayers for all, hugs, Barbara

• Gail Norusis
      Participant

Hi Barbara,
      It’s good to hear from you. Did you get any bad storms coming through your area?
      I’ll bet you are so excited to see Collin next month. And, of course Neal and Sarah too.
      Did you and Jerry visit the doctor yet? Did they have any new suggestions for his constant pain?
      That’s funny how the cat despises being dressed up and the dog loves it. I never really dressed our dogs except for a Christmas neckerchief and a Halloween neckerchief. When she got older Belle did wear a sweater on the really cold winter days. And surprisingly she loved it. I would try to put one on Rocky and he would just stand there and not move an inch with it on so I had to give up on that idea. He could have really used it in his older years too as he had trouble regulating his temperature in his old age. Instead I would just have to cover him with a blanket until he warmed up.
      Gail

• Gail Norusis
      Participant

Hi Sue,
      I had to look Jake Paluti up as between AI and The Voice there are just too many people to remember right now. I did like him. Katy Perry is a pain in the butt. She makes the whole thing all about her. Talk about an attention hog. I like when the judges have fun with each other but not when it’s outrageous and pulls attention away from the contestants. I have just learned to try and tune her out and pay attention to the contestants. Plus I think in general they are too easy and put too many mediocre singers through and sometimes will send someone home who I think is really good. I always say Greg and I should be judges-we would do a better job! lol
      Gail

• Gail Norusis
      Participant

Hi Adele,
      I wrote a note and posted it and I also got signed out at the same time so it didn’t post. Sometimes this site acts weird.
      Anyway, I was wondering if Gary was allergic to the tape. I know some tapes will give me a rash. Maybe they can change to a different type and that will help. I will pray that he heals up quickly and doesn’t have to go through this for too long.
      That reminds me, when I go to the dentist they have a certain type of glove that makes me gag so they try and remember to use a different type of glove on me. She said there is another man that comes in that is bothered by those gloves too so I guess we are either in the minority or we are the only ones who speak up about it. Last time she forgot and I could tell the second she got close to me just practically by the smell that she had the wrong gloves on. I guess I am like the princess and the pea when it comes to rubber gloves. lol
      It might take awhile to get a picture of the needle work as i am not a consistent worker. lol
      It’s supposed to warm up the next few days but it will also rain. Maybe that will help the snow melt faster. I can’t wait to see the ground and grass again. I don’t remember disliking winter so much when I was younger. Maybe it’s just an older person thing where the cold bothers us more and we worry about driving in inclement weather more and it bothers us to walk on ice more.
      I wonder when DWTS comes back next year if they will have different rules. They need to decide whether it’s going to be the most popular dancer or the best dancer.
      I think I talked about something else in my previous post but now i can’t remember what it was. lol Senior brain!
      Gail

• adele shanbar
      Participant

Hey Barbara
      It’s always so good to hear from you, and that everyone is ok. We see so much scary weather in the south recently, and worry something got to you and your family.
      Well, that was well said, accept you forgot to start with….”Listen sugar….” isn’t that how the cultured southern woman starts a conversation? LOL LOL
      Thank you for the kind words, on Gary and Tillie. I swear it is a miracle that Tillie is back to her old self. Everyone prayed so hard for her, and it worked.
      You are going to have the best April ever. I bet Easter is going to be a wonderful holiday for all of you. To have a great Easter, you may have to figure out which day they will be able to spend the whole day, so you can get in an Easter Egg hunt, etc. I know over here, we sometimes have Enzo’s family to dinner, or negotiate the time Enzo and Marissa come, so they can see both families. Jhonny’s family is Dominican, and they seem to do all dinners very late in the day so they never interfere with times, etc. No matter what, I know you will be able to figure it out. My suggestion would be to invite them all to your house……LOL Enlist one of them to play the Easter Bunny!!
      So, have you decided what to bake for Easter yet?
      I have to ask you…..do you have St Joseph’s Zepolli’s in your area for St Patty’s day? They are an Italian pastry that is very yummy……shell is the same as an eclair, but fried, then lots of pastry cream inside, with a cherry in the middle. Yum, yum!
      Hope your day is going well. Sun is shining up here…..
      Adele

• adele shanbar
      Participant

Barbara…..forgot to ask- which color did you get? As they were on sale, I got the gray and pink….LOL
      Adele

• adele shanbar
      Participant

Hey GAilster!
      I hate when that happens, as we do not remember everything we said in the first post.
      They did change the adhesive part on the wound treatment. They also said no more cleaning of the area. I have to call them back, as how can it stay clean, if you keep putting cream on, and not taking the old cream off? I am confused by this week’s directions…..LOL
      they did say it was healing, and they scraped it again. Also said it will take a long time to heal, as he is a diabetic. yuck.
      I think you may be allergic to latex. Heather is allergic to latex. If you ever wanted to get rid of her, you could just send her a bunch of balloons….LOL We can’t have any latex balloons in the house, or gloves. You need to put that on your medical history, in case of an operation in an emergency, or they bandage you up with any latex product.
      the sun is shining up here too. It is so nice to see. I hope the snow melts off the deck, so I can walkout there at end of week, as it will be 60. Canyou imagine??
      Hope your day is going well…..I also wonder about DWTS. they have to do something!
      Adele

• Barbara Smith
      Participant

Evening friends. Gail, I bet you do have a latex sensitivity with those gloves, and Adele is right about mentioning it if ever in for a procedure since it does need to be a part of your medical record. That was so good of you to mention about using another type of tape for Adele for Garys wound; since so many, including myself, are very sensitive to the adhesives in tape. When I had the stroke, everyone forgot that and of course I had IV’s all over; including this big one in my neck; and when they took off all that tape I looked awful. I knew it was hurting and all; but at that time even I wasn’t able to tell them. They changed to paper tape which we used to use a lot of in the unit for that very reason. Lots of people are allergic to tape. So glad his wound is doing good, Adele, but he has such a good nurse. And yes, I did leave out my southern phrase of ‘Bless Your Heart” and then blast them; but it hurts me to see people I care for needing help and not getting it. But I am off the soapbox for now I hope.
      DD. sorry I forgot to say congrats that your Mamo came back with great results. YaHoo for a good report. Always glad to see good reports. Our kitties are really something. Ours is SO much company for us. He just seems to know when we need him to make us smile or laugh. I think all little animals do that though. And it seems that Greg’s Koi even know what he likes by following him around like they do. It sort of amazes me how all things relate to one another. It would have been nice if little Rocky would have worn his nice warm sweater Gail, but ours do the same. One loves a sweater or rain cover, but another just tears it up! Literally lol Little Rocky just loved his blankie.
      We are doing leftovers for dinner. Just warmed up; and we’re ready. Have any of you tried the product Just Crack an Egg? I bought a couple of them for us to try, and it really was pretty good; sort of like an omlet in a little cup. ha ha Even Jerry liked it. Now that says a lot. I regret to say that we don’t have that those delicious sounding sweet shop in our area Adele. Not that many bakeries. Several ladies close by to bake out of their home; and they make some fantastic cakes. I think I will order a Strawberry cake for Easter this year. I know that Sarah loves it and truthfully; so do I. It just looks and tastes so good.
      I quit watching the Voice. I did get a little outdone with how much it seemed to change to me. I loved it the first few seasons. Bet Greg loves it Gail. Bet he sings along with them.
      Hope all is well for everyone. Good wishes for your Mom Colleen. Hope she is doing better everyday. Hope you are seeing more and more sunshine each day, Sue. Barbara

• adele shanbar
      Participant

Hey Barbara
      I have to rub on this little gauze with stuff on it, where the adhesive goes on the new bandage- AllKare. This tint Mepore?? gauze now goes over the open wound part. and then ti gets sealed up again with the new adhesive.
      I know WAY too much about wound care, and adhesive allergies. I keep saying….I am not a nurse, I am a social worker. I can take care of your emotions, not your yucky physical stuff. LOL LOL I guess we rise to the level of our incompetence.
      The only reality shows we watch are DWTS, AGT and sometimes the new dancing one with JayLo. I like that one, and Gary hates it- go figure!
      Barbara, my dear….I hear the Bless your heart, in front of all the things you say…..LOL You have such a nice way of giving someone the “what for”…..like the time you told me what to say to the nasty person in my mother’s podiatrist’s office. It was hysterical. Do you remember that?
      I am dying to hear your Itty Bitty is on his way to your state, and his Nana’s house!!! OMG, this is so exciting. Are you counting the days?
      Marissa just stopped by to get mylist for BJ’s. She is goign with her 2 sisters, and Aizen to BJ’s tomorrow. It will be real funny. Ill be waiting to hear the stories on that one too.
      Hope you have a good night, and that none of those awful storms are anywhere near you.
      I am pryaing for Colleen and Gail to be spared too. I know this time, Sue is ok, and so is DD.
      Adele

• adele shanbar
      Participant

forgot to say… I am right there, in line for a piece of a strawberry cake!!!
      Adele
      I am DYING to make my ricotta pie….

• Dianne Danielson
      Participant

Hi Ladies,
      I hope this finds all of you safe & sound. I hear there’s a dangerous storm crossing the country right now. Blizzard conditions across the Rockies, Plains, & probably tornadoes in the south. I’ll be sending prayers for your safety in all of that mess. I wish I could send you the weather we’re having right now going thru next week. We’re gonna be in the 50s, 60s & maybe even the 70s. Hopefully it’ll reach you in time for the first day of spring next week.
      I’m watching ITKWD right now. There are several sets of dishes I’d love to get, but I don’t need that many. My faves are Oceanfetti, Springfetti, Firewowork fetti in Old World. And in Floral Lace, Spring, Summer, Firework, but I can’t decide which one I want the most, if I were to get a set. Basket weave wasn’t a fave of mine when it first came out. But this dinnerware is prettier than the first items.

Facebook & Instagram has been down all day as far as I know. The kids must be going NUTS!! How on earth will they survive w/out them??? LOL
      The measles outbreak continues. IT’s up to 71 cases now. I don’t know how it’s spreading. It’s spreading to other counties now.

Well, that’s all I have for tonight.
      Take care & stay safe!
      dd & Jewell

Attachments:
    • adele shanbar
      Participant

OMG…lost the entire post. This is ridiculous.
      Hey DD!
      The awful weather is supposed to lessen in it’s punch, before it gets here. We will have high winds and rain tomorrow. Tillie goes to the eye doctor tomorrow, so I hope it is not pouring, as she moves slow. Not that we move fast….LOL
      I hope Colleen and Gail are ok, as it looked awful out their way on the news.
      Also hope Sue and Barbara will be ok too. I think Barbara may have worst weather than us up here (me and Sue).
      I got the cute small set of 2 covered Temptations- the red one, and the egghunt one. I will use it to heat up the can veggies, soup and beans. the cover will keep them warm on the table. I wanted the pumpkin one, but, that was gone when I looked.
      Well, today was a sad day in Saugus. Our k9 police puppy (I call all dogs puppies) has cancer and has to be put down. So, today, they did a huge parade, all through the streets, by all the schools, with all police and fire in the procession to give the puppy his last ride through Town. they did the same route they do on Christmas Eve, I think, for the annual holiday parade. It was so sweet, and sad at the same time. The puppy visits all the kid sin school each year, so everyone knows him. So sad for everyone. I told the kids we live in a nice Town, that holds life in such esteem. It made me proud to be a citizen of Saugus today.
      Marissa and Amanda went to BJ’s for us today, and they ran into the parade on their way home.
      I just heard there is a tornado warning in Ohio. I have 2 cousins who live there.
      I hope your night goes well…..love the St Patty’s Day pics, and the adorable kittens!
      Adele

• Anonymous
      Inactive

Well today was a beautiful Spring day. Bright & sunny and 67 degrees. Most of the snow is gone but still some left in places mostly where the sun does not hit it. We are to be in the 60’s again tomorrow. I have not heard of any storms for here. The temps fall back into the 40’s after tomorrow & windy Sat.
      anyway I needed a day like today it improved my attitude. I wish Gail could get one of these nice days. Since she usually shares the nasty stuff I would like to share a nice Spring day with her. I am sure this was just a tease & we will still get some more snow. But I will enjoy this while it is here.

• adele shanbar
      Participant

Hi Sue!!
      So glad to hear you did nto get any more awful weather. I have my kitchen window open, even though there are passing rain showers. the birds are even singing out there. Very nice. we will get a little colder, but nothing of concern, and that is great. I also love good news, weather or health, is fine!!
      I was hoping Gail is ok, as well as Colleen. their areas were getting blasted.
      So sad to ehar of the awful shooting in New Zealand. It never ends. i find myself saying this every day….”What is wrong with people?”
      You would laugh so hard if you saw me today. My neck and shoulder are sore becasue of the weather. So, i need a snuggly cover for one side of me. I have the chenille jacket I told you about from Stan Herman on, and it is on one arm only…the rest is hanging behind me. I look really weird, but,my shoulder is cradled in the warmth it needs, and the rest of me is cool…..LOL LOL If I were good at selfies, I would take one, so you would have a good laugh for today.
      Spring is on the way, Sue….yahoo!!
      Adele

• Barbara Smith
      Participant

Sue hooray for your beautiful day! So happy for you. Hope it lasts a long time and your snow days are over for this year. Did you get out and celebrate? Wish we were all there with you; we could go to lunch and just laugh and enjoy your good news. We are warm here today. We had just awful storms here a few days ago; but the terrible part went on through Alabama and so much harm and destruction. I am terrified of tornadoes; always have been. Our worst ones seem to come at night. I have seen the temperature go from the 80’s drop down to the 40’s or so in just a short time; and then the terrible storm comes. We had howling winds with the ones this week, and they just kept coming in waves. Very scary.
      How sad for your little police puppy Adele. They do such good work with the little children in teaching them how important their role in and how the police are there to help us. My father was a Captain in the Police Dept. and I grew up around many many police; so I was around them all my young life. Most of my friends would just come running when they saw Daddy drive his squad car in the drive; and he would stand and visit with them all. Back then; we were all so close as neighbors everyone knew every ones business ha ha. I remember church picnics and it sounds like they still have them where Colleen lives. We don’t as much here now. Seems people are too busy.
      We had our visit to the doctor. As I suspected; Jerry told the doctor that he was fine. I just looked at him and said Jerry mabey you should tell him about how your back is really bothering you worse in the lower part? He glared, but the doctor coached him into having to tell him, and from there I just spoke up and said his shoulder is really bothering him too. So he prescribed some ointment to rub on his shoulder; which so far does seem to be helping, gave him a pill to take at night to help relax his muscles around his lower back if he is unable to sleep; and he has taken two of them so far. I agree with him that he should not take medicine everyday unless he really needs it; but if he is so uncomfortable he can’t even sleep then he should. It hurts me to see him and not be able to help him. He was mad; but got over it. ha ha
      Hope Heather is feeling better. That is such a painful disease. I know you worry and are right to tell her not to wait before she goes for help.
      Neal and Sarah both are bad sick. They have bronchitis/sinusitis and had to see the doctor yesterday. Neal said they felt so bad and little one was okay so far but afraid for him. I said son, if you all can; take turns going into the bedroom to rest. That way; one of you at a time can get the much needed rest while the other is there while the baby plays, and then vice versa. I also said let little Colin help by handing you things etc. It is so hard when young folks have no one to help them. I checked on them today, and both still really feeling bad. And sanitize everything if they can.
      Hope all are well and your Moms are having a good day. Adele, I got the grey AND the pink TOO! What a coincidence. I love them, and have missed Stan Herman shows. I have two of his robes and several gowns. I was delighted to see his bed jackets on sale. I too think the prices on the Q have really gone up over the many years ago when I first began to watch. I have quite a collection of Lock and Lock, and I am boxing many of my pieces up for my DIL’s. They are just too nice to just give them away. You just don’t realize how handy they are till you use them. I love Temptations too. So pretty. I have several of the Polish stoneware pieces they used to sell many years ago. Do you remember those? Have a great weekend everyone. Barbara

• adele shanbar
      Participant

Hey Barbara!

I am so glad you did ok in the storms. more good news-yahoo!
      I do remember those wonderful times of church picnics, CYO dances, and pot luck suppers. I always wanted to be in the country, and have those nice picnics all summer long.
      I have the cream you rub on an ache, and I love it too. I am so glad you ratted hubby out, so he could get some help. Why is it that men feel less than, when they admit they hurt? Good lord. they are all alike.
      I will add a prayer for all your sick loved ones, and one to hope Itty Bitty (not so itty any more….LOL) will not get it. It woudl be awful for him to get sick, just before they come home.
      Heather is feeling better. She went to the doctor today, and she is very low on vitamin D. her doctor told her a lot of her symptoms are because of the low vitamin D. They also did a pap smear, and biopsy, as she had cervical cancer, and they watch her for that. She is afraid her doctor saw soemthing. I tried to reassure her they were just being cautious. I hope I am right, as she has been so tired lately.
      I hope your weather will be good this weekend.
      It is so funny we have the same taste in clothes, and kitchen items….lock n lock, temptations, etc. I do remember the Polish potery- it is very pricey now.
      Have a good night!
      Adele

• Colleen
      Participant

Hi Ladies,
      My mom is going to have to have a procedure on her back on Thursday. All this time she has been in so much pain and they found out that she has a fracture. They took all kinds an xrays and did not find anything. They finally sent her to a pin clinic and the back doctor found it. We are hoping that this will end the whole thing. Mom is ready to be by herself again. I do not blame her.
      Adele i am so glad to hear that your mom is doing better. She is talking of being here in the future. That is always a good sign. I am so glad that she has finally got over being depressed.
      I will try and get caught up with everyone . I really am behind on what is going on. I hope all of you have a good night.
      Colleen

• Dianne Danielson
      Participant

Hi Ladies,
      I hope this finds everyone safe & sound. Happy St. Patrick’s day, belated. I’ll bet all of you had a ball celebrating the weekend. We had a beautiful weekend weather wise. Some places got up to almost 70 this weekend. It’s gonna last a couple more days then the rain returns. The East winds have returned but not as cold as they were a month ago.
      Colleen, I’ll send prayers to you & your mom. Hopefully it’ll work & she’ll be back to her self, & no pain.

Adele, I bet you decorated for the holiday. Did you make green cupcakes or soda bread? I’m not sure if I’ve ever eaten soda bread. What is CYO dances? I don’t think I know what they are. Yeah living in the country is great for kids to grow up in. It’s a whole other life style. I think everybody needs vitamin D in the winter months. We don’t get enough naturally in the winter, so my Dr. told me to take it. I take 5000 IU’s daily. I get em at Costco.

Did you watch the spring fashion weekend? I watched some of it.
      I’m decorating for spring & Easter. Slow but sure.
      Well that’s all I have for tonight.
      Take care.
      dd & Jewell

Attachments:
    • Colleen
      Participant

Hi DD,
      Thank you for the prayers. We are all praying that this will take care of the pain and she can live like she always did. She will not move in with any of us she is determined to live on her own.
      Thank you for sending all the pretty pictures. It really brightens my days and I am sure that it does the same for the rest of the girls. The flowers remind me of my grandmas back yard. She always had a big flower and vegetable garden. I still miss her.
      I am glad that you are having some good weather. WE are starting to have better weather here also. We had those heavy winds but did not get much damage. We were really lucky.There were a lot of people that had some bad damage.
      Well that is about all from here. Have a great night.
      Colleen
      HAPPY ST PATRICK’S DAY!!

• Gail Norusis
      Participant

Hi Everyone,
      Colleen, I hope that your Mom will be back to normal soon. This has been a long hard process for her.
      DD, I can’t wait to see the real flowers like you posted popping up outdoors.
      We are going to be in the 50’s thus week.
      Sue, I hope you will be getting this nice weather soon.
      Last week between the rain and snow melting all the rivers and creeks were really high but they have gone back down closer to normal now.
      The snow is gone and I can see the brown grass.
      We have had a herd of deer visiting and Greg loves them except when the graze on his putting green. I keep telling him the deer really don’t know the difference.
      Barbara, I hope Neal and Sarah are feeling better. How is Joey feeling?
      I collected quite a bit of the Polish stoneware over time-since I am Polish it’s a nod to my ancestry. I love every single piece that I own. I think they are so beautiful.
      DD, I think CYO is Catholic Youth Organization. They didn’t do dances in our area-we actually had school dances at the high school when we were young. That was the gathering place-it was usually dances after football or basketball games.
      Adele, I’m glad Heather is feeling better. I guess we must not get enough vitamin D from the sun in the winter. I know a lack does make a person tired. Did you have corned beef and cabbage? None here as neither of us like it. But I did wear green so I wouldn’t get pinched even though I have very little green in my wardrobe I did find some.
      Our friends are In New Zealand but I figured they would be safe as I couldn’t imagine what they would be doing in a mosque and we did hear from them later on Facebook that they were safe.
      I ended up not baby sitting on Wednesday as “the boyfriend” had the day off so he babysit. But we did babysit the next day for Piper and Lachlan while Jenny and Kendall did Girls On the Run. After not seeing us for several weeks the darn dog was afraid of us again and we had to convince him to go outside. lol
      We went to a Pet Expo yesterday and I bought Jenny’s dogs these cute little treats that look like they are in a Happy Meal box. So we will bribe Luke not to be afraid of us anymore. I guess the kids have spring break next week so it won’t really coincide with Easter this year.
      On the way home yesterday we stopped to go out to eat at a place we had been wanting to try. It used to be a bar with a little restaurant on the side and someone bought it and remodeled it and made it look really nice. I thought it would be bigger from looking at the outside but they really did a nice job of refurbishing it and the food was good too.
      Between the nicer weather and more sunlight I am feeling a “spring” in my step. lol How’s that for a pun.
      Gail

• adele shanbar
      Participant

Hey DD!!
      Well, CYO dances are the Catholic Youth Organization dances. Always in a church hall, on Friday nights. Or, at least in Boston…..LOL
      We had a quieter St Patty’s Day. Only Al came for dinner, as the kids were busy- one working, one with relatives who came from Italy to visit, and one on a “kid break”….Heather had the boys overnight for the weekend. They will all come another weekend. We bought 2 big corn beef’s, and froze one for when they all come for dinner.
      Al ( my deceased friend Winnie’s hubby) brought the Irish soda bread. It is a bread that is pretty dense, with raisins inside. I did nto bake, as we got the St Jospeh Zepoli’s…..LOL They only have those once a year.
      I watched some of the fashion shows. i got a hoodie cardigan from Anybody, and I love the light fabric, and they match with the pants I wear aorund the house. I got a couple of colors. I have been wearing those, more than Carole Hochman. Carole Hochman fabrics have been getting worst and worst, and the price going up and up. the last couple of pairs I got pilled, and looked awful. I still have a lot of them, some in bags….LOL
      Well, the weather here is good. Sun is out, but chilly, and that is ok. It is to rain Thursday, andinto Friday am, of course. We finally bit the bullet and ordered a new mattress with the moveable base, in the hope Gary will be able to sleep on his back, and get off the side, so he will to get any more compression wounds. Free financing, and you know how I am all about the free financing!
      Also, after the last 2 days, and a very miserable night last night, I called to book an appointment with the surgeon to replace the shoulder. I finally got to the point that I can no longer stand the pain. It made me nauseous, and sick to my stomach, and when it gets that bad, you are all done. I had Gary slather the shoulder from the neck to the elbow with my “boo boo cream”, before I got into bed. I even got up in the middle of the night and took an Indomethacin- heavy duty aspirin based NSAID. That didn’t even make a dent in the pain only lessened it.
      The doctor does not want me to take the Indomethacin with the Celebrex I take, as I can get a stomach ulcer. Frankly, last night, I would have taken 5 of each, if I thought that would have stopped it. because of the risk to the stomach, I only took one of them, and it barely got me back to sleep. Sorry for complaining, I just wanted you all to know where I am at with the dam shoulder.
      I hope your joints are not giving you any trouble!!
      A new show is on tonight that looks good, so that will occupy my mind.
      have a good night.
      Adele

• adele shanbar
      Participant

Hey Gailster…
      Well, there is not nice smell of Spring in this air, due to the cabbage and corned beef….LOL LOL LOL So, yes, we did partake of the gassy substance. I ate a lot of the cabbage, as it is good. besides, I blame all gas sounds and smells on Gary- works for me!
      We had enough meat leftover to have sandwiches tomorrow,and I will make home made bread. I could nto do dinner tonight, as the shoulder was beyond bad- please read the post to DD for the gross details.
      Get greg to take a pic of his new pets- the deer. I would love to see them. They are such beautiful animals. Who knows…maybe they are golfing deer….LOL LOL
      Thank you- Heather does feel better. She sees the ear,nose and throat doctor the end of this week, I think.
      Hey…what is this pinching thing? Nobody up here ets a pinch when they do not wear green. That is real funny. Tillie had on a green Quacker shirt, and green jewelry. Too funny.
      I am also hoping Colleen’s Mom is ok, and Barbara’s son and DIL are ok too. So many people have been sick.
      My 3rd of 4 best friends, Joyce is sick. (Joyce of the Ron and Joyce crew) She has been throwing and going for 2 weeks. She went to the ER, and they did a CAT scan, which showed a lesion on her kidney and lung. She is to have an MRI, but, she can’t when she cannot stay out of the bathroom. Today, they prescribed a prescription anti-diarrhea med. I am a little scared, as I have lost 2 besties in the last 2 years. Please say a prayer for Joyce.
      I hope your family steers clear of any more illnesses too. Way too much flu’s goign around this year.
      Hope you have a good night!
      Adele

• Gail Norusis
      Participant

What’s up with our name not being at the top of the page anymore with that little number next to it showing if we have any messages or not.
      Here’s the fascinator I want for the Kentucky Derby-of course at 175 dollars I think I’ll take a pass.

Attachments:
    • Barbara Smith
      Participant

So sorry your shoulder is giving you so much pain, Adele. Yes, I agree with you that since it is just getting worse that you have made the right decision to see the doctor about surgery. Please keep us posted. Hope your friend will feel better soon. I know you are worried. Love that Tillie wore her green finery. She is doing so well. And Colleen we will all be praying for your Mom and her procedure. She has been through so much and I know she and you all want her back home and feeling better. Neal and family are doing some better. Joey has gotten good results so far on his labs and his stress tests. We are waiting to hear from his wearing the monitor. I made BLT’s last night; plenty for them too. He and Lisa came up and did some work changing the oil in the tractor for Jerry. It reminded me of many years ago when Jerry and I would work together on those jobs. When you live in the country, you learn the value of keeping you farming equipment in good working condition. But now; it has become a real concern for us.
      DD, love your beautiful Spring flowers. I could almost smell the fragrance coming from the page. I used to loved smelling the sweet smells as a child. No air conditioner back then; so the windows were wide open and I would smell the sweet rose bushes outside my window sill. Honeysuckle grows wild here and boy, does that smell wonderful. And I think the most fragrant is the Gardenia. What a glorious smell. Bet you all have your favorites too.
      Better close for now. My computer is stopping every other word. Take care, praying for all. Hugs Barbara

• Gail Norusis
      Participant

Barbara,
      So glad to hear that everyone is doing better at your house.
      Speaking of flowers did you see on the news the poppies blooming all over the hillside in that town in California. It is quite the spectacular scene. I love the delicate poppies-plus it always reminds me of the Wizard of Oz-and that’s just what these fields look like.
      I don’t think gardenias grow outdoors up here. I always love the spring scents of lilacs, peonies and lily of the valley. But they all bloom for such a short while. Maybe that’s why I like spring so much because my favorite flowers bloom then-plus it is always the symbolism of hope and new beginnings. It’s the glass half full season! lol
      Gail

• Gail Norusis
      Participant

Adele,
      I will pray that Joyce is better soon with no serious issues. It was nice of you guys to have Al over for Saint Patrick’s Day. I have had Irish Soda bread before at Saint Patrick’s day parties. I’m not crazy about it as it’s kind of dry. This is funny we have a friend who’s parents actually came over from Ireland and her birthday is Saint Patrick’s Day and her name is-you guessed it-Patty. lol How’s that for being 101% Irish!
      I don’t know where that idea about pinching someone who isn’t wearing green came from. I don’t think I actually heard that until i was an adult.
      I like wearing those Anybody pants too. They are light and flowy and comfy. I’m getting excited as soon we will be able to ditch long pants and shoes and socks and wear sandals and capris or shorts. The bad thing is you have to shave your legs more. lol Although with age the hair doesn’t grow as fast or thick as it used to.
      I’m doing a crock pot meal today. Round steak with gravy. Will have some mashed potatoes and probably corn with it. Pretty soon we will use the crock pot less and the grill more.
      I hope you guys will like the new bed. I guess the difference between yours and the sleep number is you won’t be able to adjust the firmness of the mattress. Greg never changes his number but I adjust mine according to if I am stiff or sore or not. Sometimes in the winter when it’s cold I like to get in the bed and raise the head up and get under the covers and watch my soaps. And maybe afterwards if a person doses off for a little nap they are already in bed. lol
      Gail

• adele shanbar
      Participant

OMG, Gailster….I think you should go for it…..LOL
      Adele

• adele shanbar
      Participant

Hey Barbara!!
      So happy the kids are all feeling better. now, all you have to wait for is the results on the monitor. I feel as nobody has called yet, the news will be good.
      With my friend Joyce, one of her doctors has been calling her every day. I do not think that is a good sign. they gave her a prescription anti diarrhea med yesterday. they wanted her to go in, but she cold nto, due to being so sick. When I spoke with her last night, she was feeling a little better. She gets a little better, and then gets sicker, so it is a weird thing. the doctor said they think she has a nasty “neuro” virus. they want more blood, and stool samples from her. I hope this is just a nasty flu, but she had no fever. And, what about these 2 lesions- on the lung, and kidney. or bladder???
      I Know what you mean about working together. Gary and I worked on the deck in NH at the campground, and on many outside projects, and inside ones. Oh the memories of when we could use our arms and legs…..LOL the good old days, when we both smelled so grass after doing projects all day on Saturday, would jump in the shower, get dressed,and go out for a nice dinner, with our tmas from being out in the sun all day. Or, I would be at the pool with all the women, and Gary would come and check one me….. and the laughs we would have! Now we hide from the sun….LOL LOL
      For smells of summer, for me it is the lilac and lily of the valley. So good!
      i am making rye read today, so we can ahve sandwiches from the corned beef from Sunday. That is my big thing of the day.
      I decided I will book the surgery for after Easter. Since Tillie was so sick all during the holidays, I don’t want to ruin Easter.
      Hope you will get the good news on the monitor today……
      Adele

• adele shanbar
      Participant

LOL LOL…….grass is supposed to be gross, and tmas, is supposed to be tans….LOL
      Adele

• adele shanbar
      Participant

Hey Gailster!
      Well, i think i will see myself snuggling in my bed, more than my recliner….LOL this should be good. I’m so excited. One set of sheets will be delivered tomorrow, so we can get them washed and ready to put on. the other 2 sets are in some God forsaken county….LOL
      That pinching is hysterical.
      I love the crock pot. It is my all time favorite. I will have to teach Gary to put the stuff in while I recuperate, (at my direction) or we may never eat home meals for 6 weeks. That ought to be funny. I can just imagine the stories I will have.
      I have just about every color of the anybody pants. they match up with all my Quacker inside tops, and the tanks I get form the Q- different ones- denim and Co, Anybody, and other designers on clearance. I ruin the tanks I use in the house, as I get stains on my cleavage area….LOL Stains from eating and cooking. I am a disaster in that area, and always have to throw out stained tops, when they get bad. Plus, I found the mock neck turtlenecks, with no sleeves were great this winter for my neck.
      Hope your dinner comes out good. We are having rye bread ( making it) and left over corned beef.
      Hope your day is sunny and bright…..
      Adele

• Barbara Smith
      Participant

Very sunny and warm here today, flowers blooming, trees blooming. We rode into town and dropped off our tax information. We have literally had the same tax person for 30 years; and she and her husband retired; so NOW…I am on pins and needles because we have never even met our new lady. Our other lady became like a friend; who we came to know of her family, marriages, births, etc. just like she of ours. It made me sad and yet happy for her that she was able to finally retire and move close to her grands. They moved to Florida. I got a sweet Christmas card from her.
      Gail; that hat certainly has your name all over it. I love the color; and being Southern; and with the Kentucky Derby; I love hats. I can remember Mama and the other ladies at church; and Easter Sunday was a sight to behold. All the beautiful pastels; my first pair of kitten heels at 13; petticoats to make our skirts flare out; white gloves; little purses….many wonderful memories. So your hat has my vote!
      Adele; I have treated many with what is called “Roto virus” which gives bad diarrhea; vomiting; fever; makes you so sick. Poor lady; I know she must just feel awful. And I too wonder about the lesions. Very concerning. Hope she makes a good turn around very soon and gets better. How sweet to have your friends husband over for dinner. His bread sounds good. I love what we call here “cinnamon raisin bread” that has a swirl of icing on it. Tastes yummy. I bet you and Gary are really going to love your new bed. Hope it helps both of you be more comfortable. You may need to start doing a list of crock recipes for Gary now lol We have a lady in town that actually makes complete dinners for up to 4 for nightly meals of just regular food like you would make for yourself. And she either delivers or you pick it up at her home. She has turned it into a good little business for herself. It really doesn’t cost much more than fast food; and is so much healthier. We have a cafeteria style restaurant locally that Jerry and I love; and go at least every couple of weeks and sometimes get a “to go” meal, and bring it home. Do you have anything like that close by where Gary or one of the kids could bring something? I bet you have so many people there to help you all that you will really be using that new bed for resting and napping.
      What are your Spring plans Sue? Has your temperature gotten up above 50 yet? I keep hearing a lot of the hosts on the Q talk about “going to the shore” and I always think that may be close to where you live. Pictures I have seen of fishing boats coming in; light houses; piers are just so beautiful. I know how Jeanne always loved light houses. Are you able to stay in contact with Angel quite a bit. She seems so sweet and natural. Just love her. I bet you had a wonderful time on the cruise.
      Hope all is going well with your Mom and everyone Colleen. I know this must be a very busy time for you with the surgery coming up soon. Prayers coming your way. Please take care of yourself too.
      DD, how are you and Ms. Jewell? Our kitty has had a hard time adjusting to the time change. Does Jewell? Can you put flowers in pots on your windowsill? I can’t because Auto Kitty eats the plants or flower. I am afraid he will get sick. So no indoor plants for me. It is so beautiful where you live. I can’t imagine looking out my window and seeing that glorious mountain peak with the snow at the top.
      Better go for now. You all take care and have a great evening. Hope your shoulder is better Adele. That pain that makes you nauseous is awful. So sorry. Hugs, Barb

• Colleen
      Participant

Hi, All
      My mom passed away this morning at 4am. We came home last night because I had spent the night the night before. at the hospital. I guess that I stayed on the wrong night. Talk to all of you later.
      Love ya
      Colleen

• Gail Norusis
      Participant

My Dearest Colleen,
      I am so very sorry. I will pray for you and your family and I hope you will find peace and love in the fond memories of your mother.
      Love and Hugs Across the Miles,
      Gail

Attachments:
    • adele shanbar
      Participant

Hi Barbara
      Good to know the doctor was not giving her a diagnosis, becasue they could nto figure it out. I thought you had to be on a cruise, or something similar to get that one.
      Well I have to tell you all how funny the bread was last night. After it had almost finished rising for the second time, I went to take my shower, before baking it. Apparently, a bread can go flat when it is “over risen”. So we had a Flatbread Rye bread. Ill attach the pic. Bobby went out to Panera Bread and got us a loaf for the sandwiches. the flat one we used for a little butter and jelly on it. It tasted the same, just very flat….LOL I actually called the King Arthur Bakers Hotline to find out what happened. That was a first.
      the sun is shining today, but it will be a rainstorm Thursday night, into Friday, of course. I have never had a furniture delivery where it was nto storming.
      So, today I did an English Muffin Toasting bread- we are having breakfast for dinner. GAry will have to help with the bacon- baking it in the oven. All because from cleaning up from the bread prep, my shoulder is screaming at me. i am sure it is the weather coming too. Plus, I could nto sleep at all last night- just one of those nights you cannot get comfy and go off to sleep. So, I am cranky to boot.
      did you see the new show The Village? I loved it.
      Hope you are having a good day.
      Adele

Attachments:
    • adele shanbar
      Participant

Dearest colleen
      I just read your post, and i am terribly sorry.We were all hoping she would get better, and all woudl be back to normal.
      You are a good daughter, and your mom knows you were by her side all this time, and did the best to keep her safe and healthy. There are many daughters who are not as supportive as you are, and you should be proud of all you did for your sweet Mom. Your Mom is grateful for all you did,and looking down on you now, saying thank you. She is your Angel in heaven and will be watching over you forever.
      I am so sorry, for you and your family. there are no magical words to take away the hurt. I wish that there were, so I could make you smile. I hope yu are thinking about all the god times, and great memories. Please let your family know we are all so sorry.
      Love and prayers.
      Adele

• adele shanbar
      Participant

Well said, Galster.
      Adele

• Dianne Danielson
      Participant

My dear Colleen,
      I’m so very sorry to hear of your mother’s passing. I had hoped she’d be getting better & back home soon. I can’t imagine what a shock it must’ve been when you got the news. May God wrap His arms around you & comfort you at this time. I’m sending love, prayers, & lots of hugs.
      Treasure all the memories you have of her. They will give you comfort during this time.

Love & hugs,
      dd & Jewell

Attachments:
    • Dianne Danielson
      Participant

Hi Ladies,
      Welcome SPRING!!! I believe we had the warmest first day of spring in decades. It’s usually chilly & raining, but we had a lovely spring day. I walked over to the store & I had to take off the jacket I wore. It was windy, but not as bad as it’s been. We’ve already had some brushfires due to the winds. I guess they were doing slash burns & they got out of control with the winds. Why anyone would do that with the winds should get jail time or at least fined. We don’t have wild fires this early in the year. Wildfire season doesn’t start till June. Rain is supposed to return this weekend but not a down pour or soaker. It’s spring break next week & looks like it might be nice. 99% of the time it rains all week.

Jewell’s doing fine. She wakes me up earlier than I’d like, but I feed her then go back to bed. She starts meowing, & if I don’t respond she gets louder, gets on top of me & sometimes she’ll get close to my face. Her whiskers tickle me so by that time it’s time for me to get up. Yawn. Then she spends most of the day sleeping, once I’m up. KIDS!!

I’m still working at getting Easter décor put out. It’s the sciatica that gets to me. I can’t stand for long periods of time. Even doing dishes I have to sit
      down a few minutes, then go back.

Was that the norovirus that people get on cruise ships? It’s so contagious!! The measles outbreak continues. It’s up to over 70 reported cases now. You’d think it’d be slowing down by now.

• Dianne Danielson
      Participant

Well, it happened again.
      I was wrapping up anyway. Take care everyone.
      Love,
      dd & Jewell
      PS: Nothing says spring/summer than hearing lawn mowers & the smell of fresh cut grass. But I love honeysuckle, gardenias, hyacinth, (they don’t last long enough), & other fragrant flowers. Trouble is they don’t like me. Pollen. sigh. I gotta be careful with lilies as the pollen will kill kitties.

Attachments:
    • Colleen
      Participant

Hi Ladies,
      Thank you for the prayers and the kind words.DD I love all the pictures that you sent and the prayers on them. Gail, I loved all the pictures that you sent also. It is so nice to have all your friends around when you need them.
      Love you all
      Colleen

• Gail Norusis
      Participant

Colleen,
      We all love you and will always be here when needed. Sending warm thoughts and a big hug your way.
      Gail

• Gail Norusis
      Participant

DD,
      I never knew pollen from lilies was bad for kitties. I’ll have to remember that. It’s been a while since we had cats but i do remember how sometimes they would get in your face and tickle you with their whiskers. That made me smile. I so wish Greg wasn’t allergic and i could have a cat again. It’s funny how we used to have cats and it didn’t bother him and then we stopped having cats indoors for a little while and then he became allergic. I miss having pets but just don’t know whether I am up for having dogs again but a cat would be easier but now I can’t have them. However, I think about getting another dog just about every day.
      I keep on hearing about the migration of the painted ladies out from California up to the Pacific northwest? Do you see any of this? I guess the migration has more butterflies this year as California had a wetter season.
      Gail

• Gail Norusis
      Participant

Adele,
      Now I am so jealous that you make English muffin bread. That is one of my breakfast staples but I buy it packaged. I will be right over for breakfast. lol
      It seems like years ago I read something how over risen bread can collapse because the air holes that the yeast makes get too big to support the bread or something like that. I’m sure there is a much more scientific explanation than that. lol
      How did the collapsed bred taste?
      So the kids are having Spring break next week so I imagine that will mean some baby sitting is needed. I hope she’s thinking about how she will handle things this summer. I do feel bad for the kids having to go back and forth between her house and Adam’s house. I would think after a while they will get tired of doing that. But it’s just one of those things that I can’t change so I will accept it.
      I hope your friend Joyce is feeling better.
      Do you have any Easter plans yet?
      How are you feeling today? I hope the shoulder is feeling better. I guess when the pain gets unbearable surgery has to be the next option.
      Will you be able to come on here and type? I’ll bet you will have interesting stories to tell of the dinners that Gary cooks. You have to think of the long range goals and think how good it will be to spend the summer without pain in that shoulder. Plus just think how good it will feel to have two good strong rocking arms for when the next baby comes along.
      Gail

• adele shanbar
      Participant

DD
      Very nicely said. I know Colleen appreciates all our words of comfort.
      Adele

• adele shanbar
      Participant

Hey DD!
      jewell is a very funny kitty. When she wants to eat, that is that. She’s like a child. Once you are up, they eat and take a nap, and you yawn through the rest fo the day….LOL
      We are getting a rain storm tonight, into tomorrow morning. Soooo, what time will the mew mattress arrive? Between 7 and 10 :00am, of course. Every furniture or appliance delivery I have ever had, has been in a storm, winter or summer. Once, with a loveseat and couch delivery, it was during a thunderstorm, and the arm of the light yellow loveseat got stained. They sent someone out to remove the stain, to no avail. So, we ended up with yet another delivery to take one away, and deliver another one.
      We even moved in a storm. We moved into here on Good Friday, and during an ice storm. The carpet was soaked for days.
      i hope you do nto get those awful fires you had last year. that was awful.
      I just heard joe Biden is considering Stacie Abrams as his running mate- just announced. So, I guess he is definitely running. Ilke Joe biden. he is a good man. Actually, I like a lot of them running….how to decide???
      Did you see the new show The Village? I really liked it.
      Hope your day’s goign well…it is getting cloudy up here.
      Adele

• adele shanbar
      Participant

Dearest Colleen
      All our thoughts and prayers are with you. We are proud to be considered your friends. Hugs and prayers sent to all of you.
      Love, Adele

• adele shanbar
      Participant

Ok, girls…..what is a painted lady? A butterfly, maybe? Or, are we speaking of ladies of the night?? LOL
      Adele

• adele shanbar
      Participant

Hey Gailster
      The English muffin bread is so easy to make….I know you can do it. It makes great toast. You put it into a meatloaf pan to rise, and then bake it. The recipe is on the King Arthur site- easy to print from there. The taste is fabulous- bread comes out yellowish from the cornmeal.
      The fallen bread (oh dear, bad morals, I guess) tasted the same. It was fine with butter and jelly on it, but would have been hard to have meat inside of it….LOL
      I agree. Summer is going to bring a lot of challenges for child care. Does the new boyfriend have a regular 9 to 5 job? MAybe he can help too. Doe she have kids for Jenny’s kids to play with? It is going to be a long summer, figuring all this out.
      So, the bed arrives tomorrow, during a rain storm, of course. They assured me everything is well wrapped in plastic.
      Everyone should be here for Easter, and I will have to figure out what to bake. I know there will be the pizza ghiena, ricotta pie, baby cream cheese pies, anise cookies, and one more….the last one that changes every year, depending on my mood. the regular menu, of course- ham, mashed and scalloped potatoes, and possible glazed carrots, or something similar. Maybe the roasted bacon brussels sprouts, or other roasted veggie???
      I certainly hope I will be bale to type when I have the surgery. Not long notes, I guess, as it will be with one finger. My right shoulder is also starting to bother me- another reason I decided to do the left one, as I am putting too much pressure on the right one. I hope I will have some dates to ponder soon.
      I know Barbara said there is a lady close to her that provides home cooked meals. We don’t have anything like that around here. But, the local specialty Italian market sells items that are cooked. The salt would be more than I use. But, you can’t have everything. I may have to rely more on Bobby during the week, and he is so busy now, let alone in the high stress bug time of summer……help……
      I can get Heather to do dinner. but, after she is done, you would need a cleaning crew to come in. I love her to death, and her cooking is fabulous. But, she is the messiest cook I have ever met. Every dinner clean-up looks like it was Thanksgiving.
      Those are all the reasons, plus more, that I have been so hesitant to do this. You need 2 arms , especially at our ages. God help everyone in this house…..LOL
      I am so sad about Colleen’s Mom. We have talked so many times, fo the day one of our mom’s will be gone, and now we are there. I feel so bad for her. She is such a sweetie.
      Hope the sun is shining for you and Greg! your weather comes this way…..lol
      Adele

• Gail Norusis
      Participant

Adele,
      Ha ha ladies of the night migrating from Cal to the pacific northwest. lol I can see them now in their 4 inch stilettos and bustiers hitchhiking up the Pacific coast highway. I would hope there would be pictures! lol
      They are a butterfly that people on the Q boards were talking about. I’ll have to see if I can snag a photo.
      Gail

• Gail Norusis
      Participant

Here’s some pictures. Also somewhere in California they had this huge explosion of poppies growing-also because of the rains. Beautiful!

Attachments:
    • adele shanbar
      Participant

Hey Gailster
      I figured everyone could use a chuckle today. Especially Colleen.
      It looks like a Monarch butterfly.
      Love you guys!
      Adele

• Barbara Smith
      Participant

Dearest Colleen and family, God has called home another beautiful soul; and even though we cry for our earthly loss; she is now your heavenly Angel. Love and prayers for you and your family.
      Beautiful messages and pictures from everyone. So sweet and I remember how comforting your messages have always been for me when in times of trials and worries. You all are such great ladies.
      Our kitty has had his “get UP” times recently too DD. For someone so small he can howl like a wolf or something when he wants you to do what he wants. I think I should show Lori Grenier listen to him as an alarm clock; because I don’t think anyone could sleep through how loud he is when he wants you to get up and feed him. LOL Mabey you and I could combine him and Jewell on Shark Tank and then onward to the Q and millionaire land. ha ha If you all have seen the kitty on the Purina commercial who is gray and white it looks exactly like Auto but “slimmer” ha ha Ours is fluffier. There’s another idea; Nutri System for kitties. He could be the before; and the commercial kitty could be the after; because he turns his nose up over diet food. ha ha You are right; they are our kids. I told my hubby that all our little four legged babies know how to put their little sad face on and they get their treats.
      Hope your shoulder is better Adele. Your soda bread hit a “flat note” I think Gails Gregg would say. But I go by taste; so as long as it didn’t affect the taste we just go with it. Fresh baked bread just makes your house smell so yummy.

• Dianne Danielson
      Participant

Hi Ladies,
      Well, it’s the first full day of spring & guess what? Clouds rolled in overnight & it looked like we had some rain. It hasn’t been raining all day just overcast. Kinda muggy.
      Gail, thanks for the pics of the butterfly. I haven’t seen any up here just yet. Those are beautiful pics of the hillsides. I knew there would be noticeable changes in the areas where the fires destroyed so much. Is too bad we can’t recover as fast or easily as nature seems to. I guess it’s natures way of cleaning out & starting over. I googled the butterfly & learned the Monarch is toxic. I didn’t know that!!! And yes, the pollen from the lilies are deadly for cats. So are Poinsettias. And there are shots for allergies. Kay was allergic to cats if they got up in her face, but she had a vaccination yrs ago for her allergies & so she was able to have Jewell around with no problem. You might want to look into it.
      Adele, I would think the people delivering your mattress would cover it in plastic. Esp in the bad weather. I had to chuckle at your thinking the butterflies were ladies of the night. I googled it & tried to send a pic of it to messenger, but I don’t know if ya got it.
      It’s March madness on CBS for the weekend. I think it’s on other cable channels too but I don’t get them any more. Actually, I’m finding I don’t miss the cable as much as I thought I would. Like I explained before I’m getting more channels thru Amazon Prime & Amazon Fire stick I from the Q. It’s way cheaper than Comcast. I found some more TV apps today that show old shows, movies, Disney, & I downloaded them for free.
      Well, I guess that’s about it for now.
      Take care.
      Love,
      dd & J

Attachments:
    • adele shanbar
      Participant

Hey Barbara
      It is very sad about Colleen’s Mom. I hope she is ok. I know all the kids are there,and that will be good for her. Just makes us realize (again) that life is precious, and very short. Never enough time.
      I hope you are all ok down there. The miserable weather is on it’s way to us…..help….
      Your kitties sound as funny as DD’s.
      Everyone has been laughing about our flatbread. Too funny. Moral of the story….don’t go take a shower while the bread is rising…..LOL
      Did you see The village? I love that new show.
      Did your son get the results of the monitor yet?
      My friend Joyce has to go back to the hospital again tomorrow. She was there yesterday too. they said her white count is elevated, and they want the stool sample to come back to see what it is, prior to giving her any antibiotic. She was dehydrated again too. I hope they handle the infection before it gets worst…quick. Like tomorrow.
      Hope you have a good night.
      Adele

• adele shanbar
      Participant

Hi DD!
      I am so glad you’re liking the amazon Prime. You go, girl!
      I thought everyone could use a chuckle today. glad i made you smile too.
      Gary just called- gotta go and see what he needs…..LOL
      Have a good night.
      Adele

• Barbara Smith
      Participant

It was a nice day for us today. Temps were in the 50’s so that was comfortable. Joey came up and ate dinner with us. Lisa is working late; so he made her a plate for home, and took him one too. lol It makes us feel so good to see him eating a little more now. He was getting so thin. The monitor report finally came; and it mostly said he has periods of rapid heartbeats; but they did not detect any issues of concern. So that leaves us with questions, but we are so happy for no bad news that we just count this as a blessing. He doesn’t seem so stressed, and that makes me feel better.
      Have had Colleen and her family on my mind today. God bless them all..
      DD. I think you are doing really well in using your stick thing and Prime. I am like you, I look for ways to save. Your pictures were so cute as always. They make me smile. Thank you for picking such sweet things.
      I almost ordered some roses from the Q the other day; but had to keep reminding myself that I cannot grow anything I have ordered before. They are so beautiful on TV but poor little things just wither on me. So to save them; I left them for someone else. ha ha Did you all order anything?
      I meant to ask you Adele; were you all ever able to repair your leaky roof? Hope so.
      Not much news tonight; so will colse for now. Take care my friends. Barbara

• adele shanbar
      Participant

Hey Barbara!
      What do you mean not much news?? That is the best news ever about Joey. I am so glad it is nothing serious, as I know you have been on the edge of your seat with worry. I bet you and Jerry are relieved. Our prayers were answered.
      We got the roof repaired by this nice man and his crew, but, after he did it, there was still a tiny leak. That only happens in a rainstorm, with Northeast winds….aka, a Noreaster. This last one had the rain coming from a different direction, so it did nto come in. The nice man called me the day prior to the storm, and wanted me to call after this storm, and let him know what happened. He will be coming back as soon as weather allows, to do another look see, and fix anything else they can find, in order to completely stop the leak.
      My thoughts have been with Colleen as well. I hope the funeral is over by now, and they are as ok as they can be. So awful for her, and the family. Nobody likes to lose a loved one, ever. Just plain sucks.
      I hope Sue is ok, as we have nto heard from her in a bit.
      So, we have the new bed. I am in Heaven. It goes into a zero gravity mode….LOL It goes up, and down head and feet, and then the 3 special modes- zero gravity, TV, and looks like s hospital bed mode. Well, when the neck hurts, I hit the zero gravity just a little and the neck stops.
      Now, on to THE HUSBAND…….Gary has big fingers, and they do crazy things with remotes. he was frustrated by all the positions, and did nto give it enough time. So, he (thought) he just put his head up a little. Well….when I went to the bathroom I saw his feet were up straight, and so was his head. So, he had himself in a “V” position, while sleeping on his side. He did not listen to me, when I said “give me your remote you are in a funky position,” so I let him alone and reap the consequences of his whacky behavior. when dawn broke, THE HUSBAND got dressed, and went in his recliner, saying his back hurt, and he hates the bed. Seriously?? I explained what he did later, and he agreed to go to bed earlier, and let me play with his remote for a while to get him comfy. He is still refusing to get on his back, and he needs to do that, or he will nto be able to change positions in bed. I am hoping I can get him on his back tonight, with the zero gravity position…….Film at 11:00, as they say on the newscast. God help us all!
      Adele, who may never sleep again……

• Gail Norusis
      Participant

Adele,
      Is the zero gravity position similar to the missionary position? lol I know I have a dirty mind but you just set that one up perfectly so I had to take the bait. I hope I made you chuckle.
      So here’s one from last night. The kids had an early release from school and Greg is home on Fridays so we both went over to stay with them yesterday afternoon. So now Lachlan has a puzzle that he wants Greg to work on. So they get it all on the table and in the meantime Piper is doing a unicorn fashion show for me and Greg and we have to name the unicorns and rate them. lol Then they decide that they all want to go out and play so Greg goes back to work on the puzzle. (he’s a very persistent guy who needs to follow through on all projects) So he works on the puzzle some more and then we eat dinner and he and Lachlan work on the puzzle. Lachlan gets tired of that and comes and sits with Jenny and I on the couch to watch TV and Piper takes over helping Greg with the puzzle. I do need to say that while Greg and Lachlan were doing the puzzle Greg had to pass a bit of gas and as a typical guy tried to blame it on Lachlan but we knew it was really him. Anyway, they finish the puzzle and it’s a picture of barnyard animals so Greg and Piper are sitting there saying the different sounds the animals make baa baa- moo moo etc. and Lachlan quietly chimes up and says “and this is the sound the Grandpa makes Ppphhhhhhttttt” (the fart sound.) Well that just cracked me and Jenny up.
      You know Greg is always pressing the wrong buttons on the remote control for the Dish so maybe it’s a man thing and they are remote control challenged. So really now-what is zero gravity? With the sleep number we can move the head and foot and control the hardness or softness of the mattress by letting out air or adding more but we don’t have zero gravity. Now I’m picturing you guys floating all around the room like in outer space. lol
      Gail

• Gail Norusis
      Participant

Barbara,
      I don’t think it’s you. We have had nothing but bad luck with plants from the Q too. Greg is a good gardener and he grew them and they just fizzled out. Now if it was me it would be understandable as I can make artificial plants die. lol If we ever get a plant in the house I immediately apologize to it for the most likely reason that it won’t last long under my care. I always say if it doesn’t meow or bark i forget to feed it. lol I am an embarrassment to my across the street neighbor who has a room full of beautiful orchards. But in my defense she is a master gardener and all that is her area of expertise.
      Glad Joey is eating better and the tests show nothing of concern. However, the times of rapid heartbeats does make you wonder, but the doctors seem to think it’s nothing to worry about so you have to have some faith in them.
      We have a rainy day today. I’ll bet that will start making the grass greener as it is still pretty brown.
      Gail

• adele shanbar
      Participant

OMG, Gailster!
      What a great night you had with the kids and Jenny. Those are the times we will remember for all our lives. the memories that will make us smile n a dark and dreary day. Life is all about family and friends, and the wonderful memories we make, when we do not realize it. I can visualize the entire thing….like you are trying with the zero gravity…..LOL
      Well, it is like this. The bed can move head only, feet only, and them massage head or feet, with 3 levels. Only thing is, with the wood floors, the sound can be annoying, so that will nto happen for long…..LOL
      then, there are 3 additional buttons, with pics, so you can figure out the affect. One looks like a hospital bed- head and feet raised, with your knees raised too. One has a TV pic on it- obviously for watching TV, or reading. I call the other one zero gravity, because it has a “0” with an icon….LOL It seems that one relieves all pressure on your back and legs. It is the most comfy of the 3. It must be the angles it moves your head, feet, and knees. I love that position!
      So, here is a rerun of last night. THE HUSBAND is in the bed, on his back. I try each of the 3 buttons, one movement at a time, to no avail. Nothing makes him able to sleep on his back. I am standing there wondering why the hell we spent all that money, if I cannot get this man on his back, and off the hip. He also went back to the old pillow. Oh well. However, he has been sleeping through the night, and no snoring. So, go figure.
      I still wake up to pee once a night. I still do the ” half awake” thing every once in a while, get into another position, and go back to sleep. But, with no excruciating pain, that then keeps me awake. So, for me it was worth it. I also did this in the early am- took my am pills, and laid back down as I usually do for them to work before getting up. But, I raised my feet, so the legs would have more of a chance to unswell. We had take out last night, and the salt gets me the next day. It did feel good to get the legs up a little higher.
      Moral of the story…bed works for me, and not for “Mr. Will Not Change no Matter What.” I tired, what can I say?? Did Greg have a hard time adjusting too?
      I am glad i made everyone chuckle. you know that is always my goal- make one person smile every day…..LOL
      Hope your Sunday is going well.
      Adele

• Gail Norusis
      Participant

Hi Adele,
      When you said the bed massages it made me think of the old time motel beds that you put a quarter in and it wobbled all around. Hardly a real massage. i think there’s a scene in National Lampoons Vacation where Clark and Ellen are in a bed like that and it vibrates them onto the floor. lol
      I kind of like the sound of that it sounds like it could be soothing. Our bed doesn’t do anything like that.
      It’s good that Gary hasn’t been snoring. It seems like if you raise the head of the bed a little it helps with the snoring. And what really helped with Greg’s snoring was putting an air filter in the bedroom.
      Hopefully Gary will eventually come around to the good qualities of the bed. Sometimes it just takes men a little longer to admit that their wife was right in the first place. lol You know Greg was resistant to the idea of getting the Sleep number bed. He was of the old school idea of thought that you needed a mattress and box spring for proper support. I would just throw the idea out every once in a while that i thought it might be good for my RA. But I think the clincher was when we bought an expensive mattress and four or five years in it sagged in the middle. At that point he was ready to investigate alternatives and that’s when we got the sleep number. Is your mattress made of memory foam?
      So the other day Greg was reading me this thing that this doctor wrote about how heavy cardio activity didn’t really benefit the heart or lengthen life. Everyone’s heart was built for a certain number of beats and that was that. He recommended taking naps. lol So now when I nap i will say I’m just doing what the doctor ordered. lol Isn’t it funny how even the experts can’t agree on what is best healthwise. The egg has gone from being bad to good to bad to good-same with butter. I think that’s why the old adage everything in moderation is probably the most sensible way to live.
      it was rainy yesterday and today we have sun-so that makes me happy.
      So is Boston in mourning after the Gronk announced his retirement. I say he’s smart to do it now while he’s still young and maybe doesn’t have too many injuries. Plus I heard that he has never touched his 60 million paycheck and has just been living off his endorsements for the past nine years. So he is all set for where the next part of his life takes him. I hear he wants to get into show biz. he has a big personality if that counts for anything in the movie industry.
      Gail

• adele shanbar
      Participant

Hey Gailster
      No, the bed is not made from foam. It is springs, with a small layer of foam on top, with the pillow top too. I read in Consumer reports a foam mattress was nto good for chubby bubbies. the mattress lady agreed too. Sleep Number is a whole different ball game, as you can control your firmness. Is yours made from foam? What makes it get harder?
      Still no good position for Gary to sleep on his back. The quest is on….
      That is very interesting about the heart. i really feel it is all in the genes. You either have a good ticker, or you do not. But, you don’t have to push it with a diet of fried foods, either. that is Gary’s thing- he loves fried foods. i do not fry anything, accept the potato latkes on Hanukkah. Bobby does fry the chicken cutlets, but, that is rare. i wonder is sauteing counts when you do a gravy or pot roast….LOL
      I love the Gronk. I hope he stays here in Mass. i knew he would want to go into the movies, etc. He is such a huge personality, and everyone loves him. My wish is that he gets on Blue Bloods…..LOL LOL. I am glad he decided to retire,and think ti was smart, as he has had a few concussions, and has been whacked so hard, all over his body. It is the right decision for what is best for him. I also think brady made a huge mistake in not retiring while they were on top. We will see what this season brings.
      I hope Sue and DD are ok. Have not heard much from them in a bit.
      Weather here is nice today, and will be good all week.
      My doctor appointment got cancelled, as they want an MRI first. No date for that yet.
      Hope your day is good!
      Adele

• Barbara Smith
      Participant

Hello friends. I sure do wish that Gary would give your new mattress a better chance. I really believe it would help him; and he needs to be off that wound and since it has helped you so much, Adele, I think if he just gave it a little time he would see he really loves it. It sounds so comfy to me. Yours too, Gail. My Jerry is so pessimistic about trying new things. Our mattress did the same thing, it sank right in the middle, and we bought the Casper mattress. We both love it. But when he first heard I had ordered us one; he was like “that thing will never work, you are not going to like that thing” and lo and behold the “thing” has helped us both sleep so much better. He sings its” praises now. It came in a small box; and we just rolled it out since it was compressed so tightly within some heavy plastic. The instructions were to let it expand for 48 hours and even though he fussed and fussed after 24 hours (we slept in Neals old room while it inflated). He really didn’t want to give it 48 hours like it said, but I just put my foot down and said for once we are going to follow the instructions, and when we both laid on it the first time we took a nap it felt so good. And would you believe that he said he was the one who thought we would like it. He is a mess LOL
      Neal is still sick. He just cannot seem to shake this sinusitis/brochitis. He sounds like he just feels so bad. He always says he is okay, but you know how you can hear it in their voice. Sent our Easter card off to the baby today. Also a gift card for Honey Bake ham, and some side off the Q to the kids for their Easter dinner. Neal usually bakes their ham, and I know he won’t feel like it this year.
      Our grass is beginning to grow. We have had so much rain. It came a thunderstorm in the middle of the night last night. I woke up around 5 from a sound sleep just in misery needing to “relieve myself” and I didn’t think I was going to make it to the bathroom quickly enough. TMI, I know but I kept thinking, why tonight? and remembered that I was SO sleepy last night that I didn’t go pee right before I go to sleep like I usually do; and I woke Jerry up when I got up and then he had to go too. THen the kitty woke up and wanted attention; so had to rub his ears and give him a few little treats to get him to lay down at my feet and go back to sleep. So by that time I was wide awake; and laid there for about an hour or more before I went back to sleep. I do feel like now that I need a nap every afternoon. And I really think Jerry does too. So guess they need to study us Gail; goodness knows what the results of that would be LOL.
      THe poppies are beautiful, and the butterflies too. Didnt know that about the Monarchs. I don’t know what in the world my computer is doing now; since the font just turned huge; so better close before I lose this. Take care all. Barbara

• adele shanbar
      Participant

Hey Barbara!
      Well, your pee pee night was just like a night around here. One wakes up the other, getting to the bathroom on time, and then I can’t get back to sleep with all the talking and moving. I bet you just described all our nights, minus the kitty, for me and Sue, and adding the pets for DD, and Gail (if she is babysitting a pet). So, it sounds like you watch TV in bed?? That would be why you forgot to pee….LOL
      I have heard about the Casper beds. they got good reviews from Consumer Reports.
      I am still trying to find a position for GAry. If we get to bed early enough tonight, I am trying the head up only position, a tiny bit at a time. Did nto get to bed early enough last night.
      That is awful that Neal is still sick. I hope he gets better before the trip back East. He will definitely appreciate the ham gift certificate. they make the best ham. I may get the Honeybaked ham again this year, as we do nto have too many people coming.
      So, I am waiting for the date for the MRI on the shoulder, then to the doctor for a date for surgery. So, in prep for surgery, today I bought 9 pairs of underwear in the biggest size Jockey sells- 11. I figured if they were a lot looser on me, the person helping me get them up and down will have an easier time. When Gary had his shoulder done, we all had to help him get his pants up and down for a few weeks. That was not fun at all.
      I am starting to get my ducks in a row, as they say….God help me.
      So, we got some more bad news yesterday. heather’s cervical cancer is back, and her doctor is VERY concerned. She has been referred to a specialist, and we will go from there- apt the first week in April. So, I need more prayers. Again. She has told the girls, accept Amanda. Amanda has not had a day off yet to find out, as she wants to tell them in person.
      It is what it is, as they say. I just hate the bad health news. I was so happy with Tillie getting better. I am praying for the same with Heather.
      Hope you have a god night- that new show is on tonight- the Village. Love that show!
      Adele

• Colleen
      Participant

Hi All,
      Well I think that I am back now. We still have the worse thing to do and that is clean out the house. Mom has so much stuff and it is going to take awhile. We will get thru this we will all be working together so it will not be too bad.
      Adele I am so sorry to hear about Heather. She will be in my prayers. That is hard to go thru but with God’s help you will make it thru it. She can beat this again she beat it once.
      I am so far behind everything. It is going to take me awhile to get caught up with everyone. Barbara I am so happy that Joey is eating more now. The tests came out fine and that was good news also.
      I do have a funny story from the funneral. My mom and da are buried on a hill. We all sat down and we were sitting there waiting for the priest to say the prayers and my chair started to fall down the hill. My sister grabbed me and my brother grabbed her. I was thinking the whole time mom and dad were watching up above and laughing. I wonder if they gave us all a little push so we would not cry anymore. They both had a good sense of humor.
      Well that is about all from here. I am going to try and get some reading done and find out what all is going on.
      Thank you all for the prayers and good thoughts. We really appreciate it.
      Colleen

• Gail Norusis
      Participant

Hi Barbara,
      I hope Neal will feel better soon. It just seems like all the illnesses this winter hung on and on and it took forever to get over. I’m sure they will love the ham and the sides from the Q.
      That’s funny that Jerry tried to take credit for the mattress being his idea. It’s amazing that they can come in such a small package and just expand into a regular sized bed.
      We are in for more rain starting tomorrow and they said maybe even a snowflake Saturday morning. We’ll see.
      Gail

• Gail Norusis
      Participant

Hi Adele,
      I am so sorry to hear about Heather. I will be praying very hard for her to get better. When did she have the cancer before and what did they do for it last time? I know there are a variety of treatments. You are lucky being close to Boston and having lots of specialists available. I’m sure with all those good doctors that they will come up with a successful treatment but I will pray too for added assurance.
      I hope Gary will give the bed a good try. He may end of loving it after he gets used to it. That happens a lot.
      Heck I once said I would never use a computer! lol
      So you are having a small group for Easter. We will probably go to brunch again and come here for sandwiches later. That has been working out well since the kids are young they could care less about a big sit down dinner. It’s probably better that your group will be smaller as you won’t have to work as hard and aggravate that shoulder. Did you say Gary has already had a shoulder replacement? Then you will pretty much know what the recuperation period will be like.
      We had some certified letter that the postman said he couldn’t deliver the other day even though I was home at the time. The doorbell wasn’t working but he could have knocked. Anyway, so I went to town to pick it up yesterday and they couldn’t find it at the post office. So they called me this morning and said they found it and would I like to pick it up or have it delivered. Well duh! I’m not going to make another unnecessary trip to pick it up so he will have to take his lazy butt out of his car and walk to the front door. Another rural postman story to get me all wound up. lol
      Gail

• Gail Norusis
      Participant

Hi Colleen,
      It’s good to have you back. This is always a place to come for warm hugs and smiles. It’s a place where you can come and share your thoughts and know your ideas will be respected.
      That is funny about everyone almost tumbling down the hill. It made me think of Jack and Jill.
      It will be hard to clean out your Mom’s home but like you said you will be doing it together so that is good. I’ll bet you will find things in there that will bring back stories and fond memories of both your parents.
      I don’t think we ever stop missing our moms but I know it does get easier over time. And they stay with us because they are inside of us-I often hear my Mom’s voice in my head when I am making decisions or dealing with some of the things life brings our way or I see something funny that I know would have made her laugh. Also she was a reader so I think of her when I read a book that she would have enjoyed.
      You probably need a few days just to rest and relax as I know funerals and their preparation can be tiring.
      Gail

• adele shanbar
      Participant

Hey Colleen
      So glad to hear from you, and that you are all ok. Cleaning out your Mom’s things wille hard. Can you wait a while, or do you need to move quickly? It would be great if you could take a breathe before that task.
      Oh, I think you are so right. Your parents gave you a push to make you all laugh. Being at the gravesite is the hardest of all, and they made it a little easier for all of you.
      Did all the girls go home? I am hoping they did nto have to leave quickly, so you could all share memories, and be together for a while.
      Tillie felt so bad when I told her about your Mom. She wants to make sure you know she is praying for you.
      Don’t worry about catching up. We will let you know if you missed anything big.
      Thank you for the prayers for Heather. I am hoping she will beat this again, with little stress to herself. She has been through so much, and I always worry something will put her over the edge again. I ahve been praying very hard.
      Love you, Colleen!
      Adele

• adele shanbar
      Participant

Hey Gailster
      I think it is very hard when both your parents are gone. Nobody to ask questions of things in the past, or the people who are gone.
      As far as I know, Enzo’s family will be at their home, so only about 12 here. I only put out half the Easter decorations this year, due to the shoulder.
      I hope the baking will come out ok, and I may have to scale back a bit for this year.
      I still have hope I can find a position for GAry. So far, it is flat on his back…..LOL GAry had a shoulder replacement, and it was ugly. He couldn’t pull up his pants for weeks. No shirts over the head, either. We had him in a hospital johnny for a week…..LOL he slept in the recliner for 6 weeks, and then his legs swelled so badly, the skin broke down. It was beyond ugly, and i am trying to make this one easier.
      OMG…I hope it is a good certified letter…….You have just won a new million dollar home, in the area of your choice……LOL LAst time I had one, it was the registration for the Jeep- it is a lease, so the bank got the registration first.
      Hope you have a good night!
      Adele

• Colleen
      Participant

Hi Gail,
      I still pick up the phone to talk to my mom. Then I realize that she will not answer. A lot of us caught the flu that was at the funeral. I wanted to call and make sure that she did not catch it. My son-in-law caught it and was a big baby. He was complaining about being sick but would not take any of the medicine I tried to give him. I felt like telling him to man up and take the medicine and quit complaining. He is a really nice guy until he gets sick and he is in the Army. I did not think he would be such a baby.lol
      My mom was a reader also. She kept giving me books to read so I would not get bored. She was sleeping a lot and so there was nothing for me to do after I got the house cleaned. We both reading the books by Fanny Flagg. She is so funny and I really enjoy reading them.
      My brother and sisters kept putting food in my box to bring home. They kept telling me that I had more family at my house then they had. So now I have all this food at my house. At least we can feed some of it to the dogs.
      Well that is about all from here. Have a good night.
      Colleen

• Colleen
      Participant

Hi Adele,
      My daughter that was here from Tennesee left Monday. So they got home late in the evening. Melissa cleaned the house for me and kt looks really nice.I have to mop the kitchen floor and clean the rugs.
      Tell Tillie that I really appreciate the prayers. She is such a nice person to be thinking of us. Give her a hug from me.
      What will be interesting to read is my mom and dads love letters from when my dad was in the war. Those are really interesting to read. She would not let us read them when she was around but we can read them now. Unless she burned them all or shredded them.
      We do not have to hurry to get the things out of the house. I guess that we can take all the time we want. She owned the house and it is not on the market yet. I guess that we have too wait until it is all settled and we can sell it. I am so glad we have the time. This is the bad time we have to wait on so many different things.
      Love you Colleen

• Gail Norusis
      Participant

Hi Adele,
      I hope you will scale back on the baking this Easter. That way you won’t be sore and tired when the day arrives.
      One thing in your favor with the shoulder surgery is you will be prepared from seeing how things were with Gary. Plus not being diabetic you won’t have some of the same issues.
      The certified letter ended up being something not very interesting. It was from someone who has a business on the same street as Custom Pak and they were going to be asking zoning for a variance for parking. So now we have to figure out if it affects our building or not. Greg is going to call the people and figure it out.
      Of course the mail man was giving me some cock and bull story how the guy in the office never looks for anything in the right place. It was just a matter of passing the buck as far as I was concerned. It was the same old story if something is wrong-blame it on the night shift. lol
      We do have to baby sit tomorrow-so I guess Jenny had the rest of the week covered which was nice. She called last night to ask if we had an extra lap top. I guess she has the opportunity to do some work for the accounting firm that keeps the books for the place she works. That would be nice as she could do the work from home and it would be some extra money for her. Unfortunately we didn’t have an extra laptop. In the mean time she is borrowing her SIL’s as they are out of town for spring break. I hope this works out for her.
      Gail

• Gail Norusis
      Participant

Hi Colleen,
      Did you get the flu too? I hope not. I think most men turn into big babies when they get sick. And then if they refuse the medicine it’s like well I can’t help you if you won’t help yourself. Greg used to be like that when he was younger but now that he is older he will take the medicine.
      I like the Fannie Flagg books too. They are usually happy books and sometimes I just need that. I read a lot of those psychological thrillers but then sometimes you just have to mix it up and read something happy and light. That’s where I am right now. Taking a little break from the more serious books. There are just so many books and so little time!
      That was nice that your siblings wanted you to take the food home so you wouldn’t have to cook or shop. I’ll bet you had a lot of people from your church and community dropping off dishes. That is so welcome when you have a lot of out of town family in for the funeral.
      That was nice of Melissa to clean your house. You had probably not been home much lately to keep things cleaned up.
      Gail

• adele shanbar
      Participant

Hi Colleen
      Hope you are smiling today, at least once, with a nice memory of your mom.
      The urge to pick up the phone to talk to your Mom must happen at least once a day. Even when tillie wa sin the hospital, many times I wanted to talk to her to see if she was watching the same TV show. the feeling it leaves you with is very sad. Now, you have a different way to talk to her…from your heart.
      that was awful that the flu got passed aorund at the funeral. I hope everyone is ok now. Also funny that the serviceman acted like a guy, and was wimpy aout it. I hate when Gary gets sick,as there is always a lot of whining….LOL
      That was nice that your daughters cleaned the house for you. They are good girls, and love you very much.
      I bet you will all be crying when you read your Dad’s letters to your Mom. It will be a good cry, as they say. I hope you have a lot of chocolate on hand for that one.
      That is good that you don’t have to hurry with splitting up your Mom’s things. At least you have time to do it with your sister and brother, so it will not be as bad. there is so much to do after a loved one dies, and it can be overwhelming.
      I hope you have a good day today.
      Adele

• adele shanbar
      Participant

Hey Gailster…

First, let me clear up some confusion……nobody in my family, nor me, was the 50,000.00 winning Powerball ticket sold in Saugus…..LOL I called up all the kids to see if they checked their numbers. LOL

That will be a great second job for Jenny. If it works out, maybe she could get a second less expensive laptop, with gift certificates everyone gives her for Mother’s day…..how about that for an idea??? i really hope that works out for her. I love good news, and we all need some right now.
      So, the sun is shining, and all is good today. Rain will be coming tomorrow, i think.
      I was hoping the certified letter was this…..”sorry we missed you, you won the Publishers Clearing House prize” Oh well, maybe next year.
      the USPS does have some people who do nto care much about their jobs, or what goes where. We are pretty lucky. We have a nice mailman. But, i think he hates me because he always has to get out of his truck to bring me a package….LOL
      Gary’s surgery recover is what is making me crazy. I had to import people to lift up his pants when I was at work, so he could pee. One day it had to be Heather, and poor Gary had to wait until someone came by to pee. he could get the pants up on one side only, and someone had to pull up the other side. Thank God he got them up enough not to be embarrassed. I could never do that! When i ahve to pee, I have to pee.
      Spo, today i ordered more bathing aides from Amazon, and even a handled toilet paper holder to help with the bathroom issues, that has a push button to discard the …..wait for it…..used toilet paper…..LOL LOL…..LOL I tell you, the police will be called with all the yelling aorund here when I get home from the hospital. God help all of them.
      I hope you and Greg are having a good time with the kids!
      Adele

• Anonymous
      Inactive

WOW they have changed the Social Home page. I guess if you never go there you would not know.

Adele I hope I do not make you mad but why would you think you will be so unable to pull up your pants. My mother was paralyzed on the right side & she pulled her pants up one side at a time. She would pull up the one side part way then reach over & pull up the other side until she had them pulled all the way up. The elastic in the waist will keep them from falling down. I was also in the hospital with a lady that had her shoulder done & the only thing she could not do was cut her food up so she would bring her plate to me & I did that for her. Gary’s pants would have been more of a problem with a zipper & fly but why in the world would he need to take them down to pee. As for the food prepare it now & freeze it for someone to heat up. I always made food ahead when I knew I would be in the hospital so I could just heat it up when I could not cook. So sorry but I don’t know what I am missing. People that have limbs amputated learn another way to do things & yours is only temporary. Maybe I feel this way as I have no one so have to figure out how to do for myself.

I had my mammogram yesterday & had to wait 45 minutes. I don’t know why the person before me took so long. I never had to wait like that before & when I went in it did not take long to do mine. I was about ready to walk out but knew I would just have to go back another time so I waited.

We are getting more rain tomorrow.

• Gail Norusis
      Participant

Hi Sue,
      Yes they did change the website again. I miss that little box at the top that said Howdy Gail Norusis and had a little number next to it that showed if you had any notifications. Our snow is all gone now. We do have some sun right now but are expecting rain tonight and tomorrow.
      Gail

• Gail Norusis
      Participant

Hi Adele,
      It is good that they have all those things now that can help you when you are recuperating. Is this your right or left shoulder? Is it the same side as your dominant hand? That would be an issue. Is it immobilized with no moving it for a certain period or is it like a knee or a hip where you have to get up and use it right away?
      Actually the big winner of that lottery is up our way in New Berlin Wisconsin. Up there the winner can’t remain anonymous so they have 180 days to say who they are and collect.
      Well our mailman is a different story. We think he is a jerk and lazy. When he has packages if the weather is nice he drives up the driveway and leans out of the car and drops the package by the garage doors-if it’s bad out he comes up to the front porch and just literally drops them from his arms onto the cement. I can hear them hit the pavement if I am in the living room. But here’s the biggest reason we don’t care for him. Back when Jenny was in high school she hung out with his son and this other guy. One night the three of them were going somewhere and the mailman’s son was driving. Well he took a curve too fast and lost control and hit a mailbox. Fortunately no one was hurt. If I remember Jenny hit her head so we had her checked out. When we went to pick her up where the accident happened the mailman was there and he never apologized-asked if Jenny was all right-offered to pay for any doctor’s bills-nothing. He was just worried about the car that he and his son had worked on-and mad at his son for crashing it. Well I had never liked him much before but that was the icing on the cake for me. On the other side of the coin, his wife, who i had always thought was nice called me the next morning crying, apologizing profusely and offering to pay for any damage caused to Jenny. That was all I wanted common human concern and sympathy. So that’s the mail man story.
      We baby sit this afternoon. Greg said he had to go to bed early last night to prepare himself. lol I think he’ll be safe as I think he has put together all the jig saw puzzles by now.
      Gail

• adele shanbar
      Participant

Hey Sue!
      So glad to hear from you. I was worried something happened. You never make any of us mad! Everyone’s opinions and experiences are important.
      They put you in a very funky arm sling, that wraps aorund you, and has an insert that keeps your shoulder at a weird angle, away from your body. That stops a lot of movement. I am thinking the woman in the hospital with you may not have had a full shoulder replacement, as they do a lot of surgeries on shoulders that are less invasive.
      The doctor already told me I can’t even “lift a teacup” for 12 weeks. His exact words, as I was asking if I can lean into the arm coming up the stairs, as I need both arms to do stairs. no, he said…..I will be coming home with an ambulance. No lifting, leaning, or any movement of any kind, accept the PT when they come to the house. Any movement I try can ruin the work they do. Shoulders are the most complicated joints, even though you do not feel they are. I never thought they were that complicated. A lot depends on the level of damage, and whether or not the infamous rotator cuff is damaged.
      He said they could change out the balls of the joint, moving each to the other position- a new thing, I guess…only if the joints are not as damaged. if they are, it is a full replacement, and way more involved.
      then,you have to add my back to the mix. Ona good day, there is little I can do in a standing position. Even a simple reach can pull the back,and then I am in agony for weeks until it calms down. So, I am more limited as to what I can do to reach things, especially if you put one arm out of commission. The whole things just plain sucks. But, I am thinking like you. I want to make larger portions of my soup, stews, and American chop Suey, to freeze. I mat to make it, soa ll GAry has to do is make the macaroni to go with them, etc. He is a disaster in the kitchen….LOL Oh….he couldn’t stand to pee when he had his shoulder done, due to the cumbersome arm sling……. it goes around your entire body, and has a spacer, so it is about 6 inches from your body- keeps the arm in a funky position for the shoulder to heal.
      GAry is also thinking I will not be able to get into bed, and may have to sleep in recliner, as the doctor orders. I thought with the moveable bed, I could be in a semi sitting position. he reminded me there is no way I will be able to GET into the bed, with that thing on one arm. I kind of roll into bed, and then I am in a lying position- due to my back. if you can imagine this funny thing…..I stand at the edge of the bed, and roll into it, rolling onto my back. Then, i wiggle aorund to get into my sleeping position. It is pretty funny to watch!
      I’m so glad we heard from you. What have you been up to?? We are getting nice weather this weekend, so I know you will too.
      Adele

• adele shanbar
      Participant

OMG, Sue!
      i forgot to say, that I hope your mammogram comes out with no issues. I am glad you waited, as to come back is so aggravating too.
      I wonder if the woman before you had an issue they were nto aware of. I think it is never good , when it takes them that long to get the pics.
      Adele

• adele shanbar
      Participant

Hey Gailster…..
      Gary is on his way, taking Tillie to pick up her new glasses. I hope they help her see a little better.
      Well, when I found out a 50,000 winner was sold in Saugus, I called all the kids- nobody had the right numbers…..LOL And…..Bobby bought his tickets at the airport. Dam. We lost again…..LOL I had big plans…..extend the house out a little to the side, off the kitchen, add a garage on the first floor, and install an elevator, coming up through the garage. Plans dashed to the ground again.
      So, the kids are coming for a belated St Patty’s Day celebration- making the corned beef I froze. Enzo’s Uncle returned to Italy, so Enzo and Marissa are free, and Steph will be here with everyone too. the only missing person will be Amanda.
      Please read the post to Sue for all the shoulder info. It is my left shoulder, and I am right handed. I have the MRI on Monday, so now I can schedule the appointment with the surgeon.
      yesterday, I bought a few helpful products for bathing, and toileting…long handled stuff. Our bathroom is going to look very funny, with all the long handled items in there….LOL
      OMG. I would not like the mailman either. I bet his wife was mortified, when she found out he did not ask, nor offer to help with anything for Jenny. do you see the wife in the neighborhood at all?
      I hope you have a great time with the kids this afternoon. I get to see the boys on Sunday. they have not been here in a while, which is unusual. Heather has them every other weekend, and they like being at her apartment, as she has special play areas set up for them, and does a lot of cute things with them. Heather gets them tomorrow afternoon, and will come here with them Sunday earlier than dinner, I hope. I hope to make cookies tomorrow…..hope is the operative word. I ahve noticed when I bake, I have a very difficult night. I will try to teach GAry how to mix the batter,before I put it in the mixer. I always do that, or you get flour sprayed all over the place. Even with the “splash guard”, it doesn’t stop it. I actually threw the splash guard away.
      Hope your weather is good out there. It will be raining a little this afternoon, and then sunny and warm the rest of the weekend.
      Adele

• Colleen
      Participant

Hi Adele,
      It sound like surgery that you are going to have is going to have is going to be a serious one.I hope that you have plenty of help and do not try to do anything that the doctor told you not to do. It will be hard at first but you will be glad to have the help.
      It is surprising how many things that we talk to our mom’s about. Anything the kids do and or anything that happens. I did not realize how much I talked to her about. It just feels really lonely.
      That would have been nice if someone in your family would have won. They sure would be having a good time with every one in the family. The jack pot for the lottery is supposed to be really high this time around. We never buy a ticket because of the luck we have. I could buy the only ticket and have some one tell me the winning numbers and would still lose.
      When will you have your surgery? I will be praying that all goes well. I sounds like you have a really good doctor. He will do a really good job nd take care of you.
      We have Aliza this year for Easter. It will be fun she likes hunting for Easter eggs. She will brighten up every ones day. She loves to be around her grandpa. I think my brother and his wife are coming for Easter. This will be hard without mom being here. She always came to our house and stayed for a few days. I am a little worried about this. We will make it thru though we will have each other.
      Well that is about all from here. Please take care of yourself and that shoulder.
      Have a great night. Luv ya my fiend.
      Colleen

• Colleen
      Participant

Hi Gail,
      I did catch the flu. I started taking the medicine right away so it did not hit me as hard as it hit others. There were a lot of people that caught it and most of us had the flu shot. I am wondering if it did any good or not to have one. We did not have many people dropping food off at the house. Mom did not have many friends left and so it was a small funeral. None of us stayed at mom’s house so they did not bring food. The church does supply the side dishes for the dinner after the funeral. There was a lot of food so we had plenty. We did furnish the meat and the bread. The man at the store told us that we could return any of the bread, pickles, condiments that were not opened. They would refund the money. All of my mom’s grands were there no matter how far they had to drive and 8 of her great grands were there. That said a lot for her.
      I think that your mail man and mine are related. He delivers packages just like mine does. I think that they need to retire some of these older guys and get better trainers for the new ones. They make enough money and have really good benefits they should do the job they are paid for.
      Are you having Easter at your house or will you go out for brunch? It would nice to go for brunch and then have the Easter egg hunt. I just wish that Melissa and the kids could come back for Easter. They can’t though it is too far to drive for a week-end
      Colleen

• adele shanbar
      Participant

Ho Colleen
      It is going to be a difficult Easter for you. It will be hard at Halloween, Thanksgiving and Christmas too. the first one without them is the worst. Not that it gets any easier. All the things they did, contributed, and loved about the holidays will stand out like a sore thumb, as they say. You will have your daughters, grands and ron to help you through it. Sometimes it helps if you change things around a little….just to keep your sanity. A loss of a Mom is never easy. I feel so bad for what you are going through.
      Aliza being there for easter will certainly bring joy to the holiday. She will have you smiling, all day long. god bless the little ones, as they can make your day with just a smile. Could you get Aliza and her mom to stay a few days for Easter? That would be nice for all of you, and the empty house at night will not seem so awful without your Mom there. I also hope melissa may be able to surprise you, and come back for Easter. That would e such a wonderful thing. I will say a prayer for that!!
      I have no idea on possible surgery dates. All i know is that he operates at the end of the week. I guess i will find out when I see him after the results of the MRI are in. the doctors at Sports Medicine North are all top notch. That is the name of the practice all my ortho guys are part of. I hope this surgery goes off without any incidents.
      I hope you have a good Sunday. the kids will be here tomorrow, so it will be busy up this way…..LOL
      Adele

• Barbara Smith
      Participant

Hello To everyone. So glad to have you back, Colleen. I know each day is hard but I pray you will be able to find a sweet memory to help you to smile so you can pass the sad moments. I know you said you were looking forward to reading the letters. I have a box of memories and pictures from the past that I take out to help me and there are letters that my grandfather wrote to my grandmother before they married; letters from my Dad to hid parents when he was in the Army that look like tiny little slick copies that came from the “War Department” and some of it would be blacked out. Then there are pictures of my Dad as a baby and toddler; so much to see. Our boys love looking at them. I bet you and your family will really love it too. Your chair story was just what your MaMa would want to help her children get through the hard time. God bless her for still being a good loving Mom. Prayers for you all.
      Adele; I know you have lots of worries and are trying to think of everything to help make your surgery/recovery time easier for everyone, but please just know that it will all be okay; even if no one knows how to do anything. So please rest up as much as you can; and everything will somehow be okay. When is your surgery planned for?
      Neal and family will be coming through right after Easter; so we will do our dinner while they are here. To say that we are anxious to see them is putting it mildly LOL Just thinking of it makes me smile. My little Easter bunny is hopping his way to Tennessee! Take care everyone. Will write more soon hopefully, but this crazy computer is acting up on me. Love and prayers to all, aBarbara

• Colleen
      Participant

Hi Adele,
      It will be hard this year for what ever holiday comes up or any special event that comes up in the family. Especially when Brook graduates from high school. Mom really liked to go to graduations. She was always proud of her grands and when they graduate. She really wants to see them go to college. I need to quit now or I will start crying nd do not need to do that right now.
      Aliza can make everyone smile. She is such a character. I am hoping that we will be well enough for her to come and visit this week. We really miss seeing her. She will be surprised to see me here without mom. She will have a lot of questions.
      The place where you are having your surgery done is a good one. Well the doctors that are doing the surgery are really good. That is what counts and you feel confident. your family will do everything really well so do not worry about that. It is funny how they can do things that we do not think they are capable of. You just have to give them a chance to do things for you.
      Well that is all from here. Have a great night.
      Colleen

• Colleen
      Participant

Hi Barbara,
      It is funny how all the little things start to have special meaning to you when they are gone. Pictures are fun to go thru. They bring up all types of memories.
      How are your boys doing? I hope that Joey is feeling better and not having all the problems that he was having. Whwn will Neal and his family move closer to home? It will be so much fun when they live closer and you will be able to see Colin more. Hee must really be growing. How old is he now? I bet he is talking a lot now. It is funny all the things they learn in a short amount of time.
      Well that is about all from here. Have a good night.
      Colleen

• adele shanbar
      Participant

Hey Barbara!!
      That is very interesting about the letters being blacked out from WWII. I don’t remember seeing any from my Dad, to his Mom. Someone must have either thrown them away, or we didn’t find them. there was a huge cellar we did nto go through when we sold the house. God only knows what we missed.
      that is nice to re-read letters, and see his handwriting. Makes us realize the things on earth stay on earth.
      The MRI is tomorrow, and the following week I meet with the surgeon. that is when I will get possible dates for surgery. Today is awful. I took 3 Alleve’s, and still have pain. It looks like it is going to pour here, and I am sure that is a reason for feeling this way. Bobby took over prepping the veggies for dinner today, and getting the corned beef cooked with them. I am very lucky to have him. I somehow need to get the look of pain off my face, becasue I don’t want the kids to feel bad coming over for dinner. this just plain stinks. But, I am lucky to have people help me when I need it. that is a huge reason to smile.
      thank you for your encouraging words, as I think I am getting a little crazy over this one. I have 5 long handled gadgets for washing, and toileting already…..LOL You know, the shoulder, arm, neck, and collarbone are so swollen, I look weird. It is swollen from the left side of my neck, to the elbow.
      I am so excited that the family is coming through after Easter with your Itty Bitty. I bet you will squeeze the stuffing out of him!! How far away will they be form you, in their new home? I hope it is within driving distance. That would be so great, for all of you.
      I hope you are having a good Sunday. It looks like it is going to pour here any second. Attaching a pic of my dinner the other night, and Tillie with her new glasses.
      Adele

Attachments:
    • adele shanbar
      Participant

Hi Colleen!
      I can sense the sadness in between your words. I wish I had a magic wand to wave all your pain away. How about this……every time you come on, tell us a little story about something your Mom did that you loved. I am hoping that will make you smile and remember the good times with her. If you think that will make you more sad, then don’t do it.
      We got dangerously close to losing Tillie a month ago. We are all grateful for whatever time God extended to us with her. She has good and bad days. She trembles a lot, and there are days she doesn’t feel steady on her feet. Those days she doesn’t come up for dinner, naturally. I am hoping she can come up today, but the weather is really bothering me, so I am thinking today may not be good for her too.
      I am watching ITKWD. I also told Bobby if they have a date for surgery before Easter, I will take it. he will go to the bakery for ricotta pie, and other goodies, and we can get a Honeybaked ham, with some of their sides, or Bobby will do them with my direction…..LOL
      You are very much on target. They will help, and I need to let them. I need to stop getting myself so anxious about this. i need to relax. I bet I am making the pain worst by tensing up so much….LOL
      I hope you and Ron are having a good Sunday. I hope you can start to work in your garden. My neighbor was out in her yard yesterday, as the weather was so nice. I am always praying for you, and your family. I also hope your mom sends you another sign, to make you laugh, like she did at the funeral. Also hoping Aliza is all good by Easter!!
      Adele

• Colleen
      Participant

Hi Adele,
      You are so blessed to still have Tillie in your life. I know that was a scary time for you. It is always scary when our parents get sick at their age. You never know how it will turn out.
      Bobby did a good job with the meal that he fixed for you. He will be a big help with the Easter dinner. He may be able to fix more then you think he can Maybe you can turn him into a baker. Then he can help you with all the holidays.
      That is such good picture of Tillie. She really has a big smile on her face. I like the top sh is wearing. That is really cute and the color is good for her. You look a lot like your mom.
      I did not see ITKWD today. I took a nap this afternoon and did not wake up until late evening. Guess that I needed the sleep. At least that is what mom told me. use to tell me.
      Getting the goodies from a bakery is a good idea. I am not sure if I am going to bake anything this year or not. I may just buy a cheese cake and some type of sugar free desert. I hope I spelled that right.
      Colleen

• Gail Norusis
      Participant

We are done here for March. Come join us on the April thread.

• adele shanbar
      Participant

Hey Colleen
      i think it is fine to take a nap. Plus,you can dream about your mom while you nap.
      Also think it is totally fine not to bake this Easter. You do what makes you feel good, you deserve it. You get a “pass’ on everything for a long, long time.
      Thanks- tillie was very proud of her new glasses, and how well she is doing. I say a prayer of thanks every single night. I really didn’t think she was going to be here for Easter. I got lucky, and you did not. I am very sorry about that. I really thought your mom would make it through too.
      The MRI was tough yesterday. They put the shoulder in a contraption, and I had to keep the arm straight. It was not a happy thing. It had to be done, and it is over. Sore today, but, it will pass. No cooking tonight- saving the crock pot dinner until tomorrow. doing a simple take out tonight- just hamburgers and fries.
      Tomorrow Tillie goes with Gary to the podiatrist. We are having a Nor’easter tonight, with some possible snow. I hope it doesn’t snow, or will melt by the afternoon.
      I hope you’re feeling better. You didn’t miss much with ITKWD.
      See you on the April page….
      Adele

• Colleen
      Participant

Hi Adele,
      That is a shame that they could not find a way to make it a little more comfortable for you. They should be able to find a way to not make people hurt so bad when they do a test. I hope that you are not hurting too bad right now. Just take it easy. I would not do much cooking with your shoulder. Let the kids do the cooking and order out. That would be the best for you.
      Tillie did look really pleased on how she looked in the picture. That is so funny when they feel like that. I am so happy that you have your mom with you this Easter. Hopefully you will have her for many more.
      Colleen

• adele shanbar
      Participant

ill answer ont he april page…

Viewing 145 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Share on Facebook
Facebook
Pin on Pinterest
Pinterest
Tweet about this on Twitter
Twitter
Email this to someone
email

Share this with a Smile
X Close
Watch QVC
top finds links QVC LIVE QVC PLUS QVC UK