Quacker Talk-July 20202020-07-01T10:19:30-04:00

Home Forums General Quacker Chatter Quacker Talk-July 2020

Viewing 146 reply threads
  • Author
      Participant

Hi Everyone,
      It’s going to be a scorcher here for the next week. Typical 4th of July weather.
      Monday evening I was putting something down in my closet and all of a sudden-ping!-something broke or stretched and all of a sudden I had an enormous pain in my back. So I have been hobbling around here. I’m guessing from what happened I must have pulled or torn a muscle or ligament. I hope things improve as it is slowing me down! Good news-I won a book this morning!
      DD-no problem-I was just thinking maybe i had sent the email to the wrong person or something. I think covid 19 gets us all down from time to time. What bothers me most is I haven’t seen Jenny or the kids since mid March. That’s the hardest thing for me personally.
      Talked to Brent last night for his birthday. He’s been sent to work in Iowa again for a few weeks. We also had our anniversary last Tuesday. it was a quiet day-we feasted on pizza. lol
      Adele, they sure wanted Heather’s apartment cleaned out quickly. It sounds like Bobby and the girls have that under control though. Remember to save a keepsake for yourself-even if you do not want to look at it right now someday you will.
      I think it’s sweet that you are anticipating Gary’s return home. He will like that.
      So I think the isolation is getting to Greg. He’s sitting at his laptop saying-okay fishies I’ll be out to feed you soon. (He’s hearing the fish in the pond calling to him that they are hungry) lol
      I just found out that the place where we go to concerts over the summer is going to give us free live streaming of all their concerts because we bought a membership with them. Last weekend we listened to a concert with all 60’s music. Greg was singing right along the whole time. lol Some of the artists have cancelled because of covid so it will be a shorter season but we’ll take what we can get. They are open but we don’t want to go and sit with the other people even though they do have mask wearing and social distancing. I’d rather watch from home for now.
      I’m jealous that you will get to watch Hamilton, Adele. You must have signed up for Disney plus or gotten the free preview.
      I’m glad Amanda decided to stay with you for the time being. You can help each other.
      It will be a quiet 4th. I always feel bad for all the dogs who are afraid of the fireworks. Adele, I saw the Q had that Uncle Sam on clearance so I scooped him up as I admired yours.
      Gail

Attachments:
    • Anonymous
      Inactive

Gail we are right there with you in the heat. We are to be in the 90’s from tomorrow through next Friday with high humidity. Welcome to July. It starts to get to me with so many days in a row but it is much better than winter. Friday afternoon is to be very bad & that is when I get my haircut. I have such a short distance to go so my car won’t even cool down until I get there.
      Congratulations on winning a book. I have not won any in a while.
      About Heather’s apartment I think that is the way it is anymore. If you still have stuff there you must pay rent another month or get it out. You would think this would be a situation beyond their control & the landlord would be more lienient but I guess they want the money. It cannot be rented until the stuff is out so they are losing money.
      Maybe you should have your back checked out. I know you don’t want to go to a doctor but maybe you could do a televisit or whatever they call them. But it would probably be difficult without an x ray.
      I have to go for my mammogram later this month & don’t really want to go with the cases going up again. My doctor appt. is not until Sept. but who knows if it will be safe by then. Probably not.
      You are not the only one jealous I too would love to see Hamilton.

• Gail Norusis
      Participant

HI Sue,
      I’m glad you are getting that haircut. I have no idea when I will get mine done again. I’ve just been pinning it up as it gets longer and longer. Except my bangs. lol
      We have the same hot outlook for the coming week. Thank goodness for AC.
      If my back doesn’t get better I will have to see a doctor but for the time being I am trying to use rest, heat and ibuprofan. I googled it and from what Dr. Goggle says it sounds like I most likely pulled or tore something and given time that will heal on its own. So I will give it a week before I make a decision. I know I would have to go in as you can’t do much for a back without pictures.
      Everything is so uncertain as to when it might be safe to do anything.
      Maybe because we are landlords of a very small place but I know we would give people more time to move under certain circumstances.
      I’m hoping eventually the Hamilton movie will be released to some other platform besides Disney plus.
      Last night we watched a livestream of a Blood Sweat and Tears cover band and this weekend will be a Chicago cover band so we are getting our live music at home this summer.
      Gail

• Colleen
      Participant

Hi Gail,
      Thank you for starting the new post. We are lucky to have you to do this. I love the pictures you posted. I wonder how they got the dog and the cat to wear those things around their neck and head. My dogs would have them ripped apart in two seconds flat. I cannot get them to wear a sweater.
      That is nice that they are letting you and Greg watch all those concerts for free. You will really enjoy them. It is just so sad that we will not be able to go to concerts or plays for awhile. Adele is lucky she got to see Hamilton. I have heard that it is really good.
      That is funny that Greg is talking to his fish. Well at least they let him know when they are hungry and he does not have to guess at it. lol Ron needs to talk to his dogs or something.
      How are things going with Brent and his house? Has he signed the papers yet or has he given up on it. He could have been fixing his house and getting ready to move in.
      Well that is about all from here. It is pretty boring here. Have a great night.
      Colleen

• Anonymous
      Inactive

Just wanted to tell you that my brother passed away this morning.

• Gail Norusis
      Participant

Sue,
      I am so very sorry. Thinking of you and saying prayers.
      Hugs,
      Gail

Attachments:
    • Dianne Danielson
      Participant

Hi Ladies,
      I started a post last night & poof it disappeared! I was so mad I shut down my computer.
      So anyway, Sue, I’m so sorry to hear about your brother. Were you close with him? Do they know the cause of his death? Just know that we’re all here for you.
      I hope everyone is doing okay. We’re back to mandatory lock down. We’ve had 20 days of spiking cases of the virus. We’re nearing 9,000 cases in the state now. All those spikes were triple digits. Today I believe it was 375 new cases. And it just keeps going. We still have protesters out there, no doubt spreading it. And now we’re into the 4th of July holiday. Luckily it won’t be hot so the rivers, beaches, shouldn’t be packed with people. It’s gonna be nice, 80 but that’s not hot enough to hit the waters. Besides the rivers are still Cold!! Temps are in the 50s in the rivers. They won’t be warm, upper 60s-low 70s by the end of August, & that’s if we have a spell of really hot weather.
      I heard about the god awful temps coming your way.
      Did you hear about the college in Alabama that’s having Covid-19 parties to see how many get the virus? Talk about STUPIDITY!!! That’s the height of stupidity.
      OH I gotta tell ya about Snowball. I was getting ready to go to the store yesterday. I got into the coat closet for something, not paying attention. Well, to get into the closet, I have to shut the bathroom door. So I walk off & head to the store. I get home & she’s nowhere to be found. She usually greets me at the door when I get home. I looked in her usual spots, no Snowball. Then I notice the bathroom door, it wasn’t latched shut just ajar. I open the door & there she was laying by the door. She could’ve
      opened the door since it was ajar, but she didn’t, She gets in my clothes closet while I”m putting my laundry away. Silly cat!!
      I finally got my walls plastered with my tropical pics. Now I can sit here & visit my private island all day long. lol
      Well, that’s all for now.
      Have a safe 4th of July weekend!!
      Stay safe & well!!
      dd & Snowball

Attachments:
    • Anonymous
      Inactive

DD. Lung cancer.

• Colleen
      Participant

Sue,
      I am so very sorry to hear about your brother. You are in my prayers.
      Colleen

• Dianne Danielson
      Participant

Hi Ladies,
      I hope this finds everyone survived the holiday weekend. Yesterday(Sunday) should’ve been my brother’s birthday, but he passed away from a massive stroke 2 yrs ago. He had just turned 60 when he had it. We weren’t close as I was 8 yrs older than he was.
      I hear it’s hotter than a match out there. It was down right cold here this morning!! Sat. was a nice day but yesterday & today were cloudy & chilly. No heat wave in the forecast as far as I’ve heard. We didn’t even get out of the 60s today. Pretty unusual for July.
      Oh, I gotta tell ya about Snowball. When the fireworks started going off, I had to put her in the bathroom during the height of them going off. When they tapered off & stopped I let her out. I got in bed to play on my tablet, & while I was in bed, she got up on the bed & laid stretched out next to me.
      and while there I’d pet her & squeezed her from time to time. I think it calmed her down & she felt secure. She didn’t stay there all night tho.. I gotta take her to the vet this week for her annual shot.
      And I gotta find a groomer so she can get her hair cut for the summer. I’ve called around, but all I got was answering machines. Now that the holiday is over, maybe I’ll actually get ahold of a real live person.
      We still have protesters out in the streets of Portland causing chaos & vandalism!!! They haven’t been up here since they marched through last month. I say shoot em!!! The actual cause has long since been lost in all the chaos!! They don’t care about George Floyd as much as they want the police disbanded so they can do whatever they want whenever they want to whoever they want, without consequences. I think the Governor should bring in the troops & let them tangle with those guys & their AK-47s.
      Can you believe the things 45 is doing & saying in his speeches? He’s NUTS!!!! Our cases are spiking out of control, I think we’re over 9 or 10K now!!! I’m still sheltering in place unless I absolutely have to go to the store.
      Well, I guess that’s all for tonight.
      Take care & stay safe!
      dd

Attachments:
    • Barbara Smith
      Participant

Hello to All. Sue, I am sorry for your loss. This has been such a difficult time. I just saw your note today. I haven’t gone to get a haircut in over six months now. There are a few places here doing this, but would have to go to Memphis, and even if I wasn’t concerned about the virus; there is just too much other things going on now. Most of our groceries are done online, and pet supplies too. I think we have watched some movies and shows at least three times now. But if it is something decent we just watch it over again. Sometimes I feel like we are just asking too much just to see a show with no curse words or racy scenes. I guess I am getting old lol
      Gail, sure hope your back is doing better. I see Jerry guarding his back and know how much it hurts him. I know a hurt back cannot be ignored, but rest helps. Sometimes just getting him to sit is a challenge, but if I can get him too it will help. Jerry talks to his trees and to the hummingbirds. I am trying to talk him into doing a spreadsheet on his trees, where they are, what they are, when planted, any anecdotal notes about them etc. for the boys. If nothing else could be used if property sold. I talk to everything and always have. I was driving along on day to work and was saying my prayers and glanced over to see lady next to me just staring at me like I was talking to myself and crazy ha ha Sounds like you and Gregg are enjoying the concerts. And happy anniversary too. Everything is SO different now isn’t it? Colleen, we are dullsville here too, but I will take it. I am worried about having to go in to the doctors office next month. They are not giving us a choice. This will be my first time out in public and it makes me nervous.
      DD our kitty has hidden in the closet when I didn’t see him too. He refused to come out when I called and called. I finally shook a pkg. of treats and he came stretching down the hall. He is really spoiled but so much company.
      Adele, please find comfort any way you can. I’m so glad Bobby and Amanda are there. Did you manage ok doing dinner? I know it was hard but I hope it helped since I bet it comforted them. No one can say what is right in how such sad things are managed. If it makes you feel any better, just follow your heart. Your remembrances sound so beautiful. Praying for you all and for you Sue.
      Take care everyone. Terribly hot here; the melting kind. Humidity just awful Barbara

• adele shanbar
      Participant

DD
      Don’t ever feel you are rude. We love you
      I hope your friend is better and breathing better
      Can you visit Critt for some company?
      These are very stressful times. Please take care
      We love you
      Adele

• adele shanbar
      Participant

Hey
      I’ll try to read these soon. Hope I have not missed anything awful
      I hope Sue did ok at her brothers funeral yesterday
      Adele

• Anonymous
      Inactive

Thanks everyone for your prayers. I survived the funeral but it was 95 & humid. We did find a bit of shade from the tree to be under.

• adele shanbar
      Participant

Hi Sue
      I’m glad you found one shade and got through it with no incident. It’s tough to walk through a cemetery. There are so many holes in the ground to trip on
      Prayers sent for healing🙏🏻🙏🏻🙏🏻

• Barbara Smith
      Participant

Very hot here today. They keep telling people on our local news to stay indoors if possible. We rode into town just to drugstore and post office. In all our years here we for the first time today didn’t see a single car at the post office. Jerry went inside just to see if they were closing our branch. They said no, but please don’t tell the postal service that no one was there. So many businesses are just going away. I don’t know how people are surviving. Our lives have really changed. Joey is out mowing on the tractor and I will be checking on him frequently in this heat. He promised he would only mow a short time. Jerry was able to get the tractor part he needed but the field grew up during the time we were dealing with that.
      Sue, I’m sure the heat was a big factor while you all paid your respects at the funeral. I was at a service with my FIL and it got that warm sticky no wind moving time. He and I looked at one another since we both knew that here those conditions meant a storm was brewing. As we were leaving the grounds a huge storm blew up and we barely made it to our cars. Very scary. We have some bad storms here. But the good Lord also has really watched over us too. I hope you are doing well, and again am sorry.
      I meant to tell you all that just about every place of business in our little town have signs at the door that says “masks required for admittance into store” We seem to see more compliance. I’m still not getting out of the car. Jerry always wears his mask. And then he uses hand sanitizer every time he gets back in car.
      Hope today has been a better day for you Adele. I’m so glad your family is there. How is Tillie doing? Your family sounds so sweet and loving of one another. I want to know what Mr. Sonny has been doing. I bet he is just cooing and going by now. They are so precious and.bring joy to everyone.
      Better go for now. Let’s all just do the best we can and turn it over to the Lord to help us face each day. How is your back doing Gail surely hope it’s better. Colleen are you doing ok? I know you must be hot too. DD are things calming down any out there? Please be careful and hug your beautiful kitty. Ours is asleep in a Q box ha ha Barbara

• Dianne Danielson
      Participant

Hi Ladies,
      I wish I could send you guys some of our weather!! We’ve been in the 60s all week, I think we did hit 70 today tho. It’s supposed to warm up the next couple days. We should be in the 80s by now!!! It’s been cloudy, gray, with sprinkles at times. Nothing major tho.
      No the protests are still going on downtown. It’s been way over a month now & nobody seems to be doing anything about it. I’m pretty sure I’ve voiced my opinion on what should be done with them!!
      Diane took me shopping today. the store I go to closest to me seems to be out of stuff I need so she took me cross town to other stores & I found what I needed so I won’t need to stock up anymore. Just the necessities. We’re back on mandatory masks to enter stores. Signs posted as you walk in.
      Not much else going on here. I cooked dinner for Critt & me yesterday. Snowball went down to his door this evening.
      I had to take her to the vet yesterday for her shot, & she was lethargic all day after that. So today she was back to her old self. and when she trotted down to Critt’s door I knew she was herself.
      Stay safe!!
      dd

Attachments:
    • Colleen
      Participant

Hi Adele,
      It will be a new normal and it will get better. You will still have the rest of the family there with you and that will make it nice. You also have all your grand and great grands. You can be there for them and them for you. It is always good to have your family there with you.
      That is nice that Amanda is staying there with you. It will be good for Amanda especially after what she went thru. Do they have Heather’s things all moved out? That always seem to be the hardest part. We were surprised at all the things that we found in my mom’s house. Things that we never thought she would still have.
      That was nice that JJ spent the night. it is always fun to have the little ones around. We cannot get in our pool yet. We cannot get the chemicals right. I am going to have to find a pool guy to help us with it. I hope you have a fun day with all the kids there. It is really hot here also. Wish we could get in our pool.
      Well that is about all from here. Take care of yourself.
      Love U
      Colleen

• Colleen
      Participant

Hi DD,
      I agree with you on doing something with the protesters. They have let it go too far and now it needs to stop. It should never have gone this far. I agree this has nothing about that man that died.
      Wish we had your weather. It is so hot here and humid. Wish that we could have your weather. It would be nice to have cooler weather but it is going to get hotter this week. I am glad that we do not have work to do outside.
      That was really nice that Diane took you to the store. It was nice she took you somewhere that you could the things that you need. There must be a lot of people that shop at that store.
      That was nice that you and Critt and you had dinner together. It is good that you have someone that you can talk to and eat with. It can get really lonesome when you are home alone and cannot get out and do as much as before.
      Well that is about all from here. Have a great night.
      Colleen
      P.s. I really like all the pictures you posted. They are really pretty.

• Colleen
      Participant

Hi Barbara,
      It is really hot here also. They have not said that we should not go out but they might by the week-end. It is just to keep getting hotter. I guess it is the time of year for that.
      They cut the hours at our post office last year. They thought about closing it but the people in town objected and other little towns around here. So they decided to keep it open but cut the hours.
      They are not requiring people to wear mask here. I always wear mine when I go anywhere. I do not know if they will demand that everyone wear masks here or not. There are some places that still make you wear masks but not that many. We wanted to go to Costco but want to go early in the morning when they just let seniors in. You have to wear masks to go in there.
      That is so nice that Joey cut the grass for you so Jerry wouldn’t try to do it. I can’t get Ron to wait and cut the grass later in the evening or early in the morning when it is not so hot. He won’t listen though he does not think that it will bother him. He does not remember that he is getting older and should not do things like that anymore.
      That is all we can do is pray. There is not much else we can do. Take care of yourselves and stay safe.
      Colleen

• Gail Norusis
      Participant

Hi Everyone,
      Things have been hot up here too. 90’s and humid.
      My back is doing much better. It just hurts a little now.
      Then out of the clear blue sky Greg started having trouble. He has the spinal stenosis and sciatica but it has been quiet for a couple of years but it came back with a vengeance and he was so miserable and couldn’t sleep and was so quiet-I just knew he was miserable and felt so bad.
      He called the doctor and she put him on a prednisone pack. It is helping and I hope it will be more than a temporary help.
      Not much doing around here since we just stay home and are boring now. lol
      Brent thought he was going to be in Iowa until the end of the month but something changed and they are going back to NM today. He said he had a really bad corneal ulcer so now he has another thing to contend with. He says he does but I think he doesn’t change his contacts often enough.
      Speaking of which I have not even had my contacts in since March. I guess I am saving money. lol I have just been wearing glasses since we don’t go anywhere and no one but Greg sees me. Besides the glasses hide some of my forehead since he cut my bangs to about a one inch length. lol He does much better with painting my toenails. lol
      We have gotten a couple of cucumbers and green peppers from the garden and I am just waiting for tomatoes. Now we have to find a new place to buy sweet corn since our old place closed.
      Jenny and the kids stopped by for a few minutes when they were coming back from her friend’s who lives down the street from us. We all went outdoors and social distanced. I have to admit when they left I went inside and gave into tears for a few minutes. It’s just so weird staying at a distance. That’s the first time I have seen them in person since mid March.
      I hope and pray that someday we can get out and do things and see people again. If only we knew there was an end in sight but with the number of cases rising again in so may places some days it feels like this is going to last forever. And I am usually the positive one. I think we will be home until they get a vaccine.
      Greg had to pick up some pills for us the other day and since my car hadn’t been used since march I had him take mine. It also had an inch of dust on it so he took it to the car wash for me. So now it’s all clean with nowhere to go. lol
      DD I like the beach pictures. I imagine myself on some beautiful island where there is no covid 19.
      Maybe we wouldn’t be in the place we are in if people wouldn’t have been so stubborn. We are asked to do three things. Wear a mask, social distance and wash our hands. Really how hard is that people? For the sake of mankind-for the sake of our country?
      When we saw the kids we told Piper that we missed all the drawings and cards that she used to make for us-we haven’t had any in months so I hope she is busy at home with her glue and her glitter. lol
      Gail

Attachments:
    • adele shanbar
      Participant

Hey Barbara
      Well Tillie is another animal as they say. She has not been up here since the day of the services. She has also not taken a shower since then. She is doing the sponge bath thing. Has not been out of her nightgown either. Every day I get another excuse for not coming up. I have bathroom issues…. I’m dizzy…. I’m going down….. I have not showered. Etc. So we have been sending food down. The girls have been going downstairs to spend some time with her too
      Today they reinstalled the Acorn stairlift. They put it on the other side and changed the chair. We had it installed two days after Heather died and it was wiggly when I used it. They were very good about coming back and putting it in the other side of the stairs
      All day Gary kept saying this…. you can’t just sit in your chair and want to die. Woah…… I said who said I want to die? I’m sad. Have a right to be. So today we had progress. I opened the box of Patriotic Annalees and put them out. I moved three boxes on the dining room table from the table to the floor as they are staying. I went into the living room and watchedTV for a small time. And took several small naps in my chair. That’s as much progress as they will get for a day with no visitors. First day I had no visitors all day and night. Lol
      We are getting a storm shortly.
      So. I’m good for today. As good as I can be. On to tomorrow for more progress on the disaster in there
      Oh. Here’s a good one. Gary is throwing stuff out to make room for my Dept 56 decorations. Gary NEVER throws anything out. How’s that for bizarre behavior? I’m sitting napping and he’s reorganizing the disaster of his office??
      Baby has been enjoying the pool. Pic attached!
      Adele
      Ps. Also attaching pics of rosary and bookmark the lady made with the roses from Heathers funer

Attachments:
    • Gail Norusis
      Participant

HI Adele,
      I didn’t see any picture of Sonny and the pool. I do see the rosary and the book mark. They are very pretty. I didn’t know they could make those from flowers.
      I hope Tillie will start coming up and join the family again. She needs the interaction too.
      Did you get a new or different chair lift? I thought you already had one. I must have missed something.
      Did you get bad storms-I heard some were headed for the east coast.
      We are getting garden veggies now. Hooray!
      Nothing much going on here.
      As soon as I finish I need to send in a WalMart grocery list for pick up so that will be the high point of our week besides watching Holey Moley.
      These are the things a person looks forward to during a stay at home pandemic. lol
      It’s been three weeks since Greg cut my bangs and they are just now to the middle of my forehead. I don’t think I will have to cut them again until the end of August. So much for looking like a big dorkus! lol
      Gail

Attachments:
    • Anonymous
      Inactive

Gail, I went for groceries on Friday & the store is just about back to normal. Full shelves plenty of toilet paper, hand santizer etc. I got all I wanted but did forget a few things. I guess I should have made a list. I just had an awful time with my mask steaming up my glasses & then I could not see but I got it done.
      I could sure use some fresh veggies. Not ready here yet. The roadside place where I get a lot was not open yet. I have another farm I go to also so must drive by & see if they have anything yet. I have been getting my corn there but it is not ready yet either.
      I have had compliments on my haircut. I think it turned out nice. Just she & I were there & she said she would just need to take mine off at some point so we just decided to take them off. No crowd just 2 people & we were not coughing, no fever so felt safe.

• Colleen
      Participant

Hi Gail,
      I am so glad that you are sending memes again. We need something to make us smile. Times have been so crazy and I am afraid that they are going to get worse.
      Have you noticed that when you wear those masks your face itches. We are not supposed to touch our faces and I think that is part of the problem. Just knowing that I am not supposed tough my face makes it itch even more. I am always glad to gt home so I can wash my hands and wash my face with a cool cloth.
      I am so glad that you got to see your grand kids. It really makes your day a little brighter even though you cannot hug them. I have not seen mime for awhile. I would really like to see them but do not know when I will be able to. Tomorrow I am going to go to Costco so will go early in the morning when there are not as many people. We are running out of things and I need to stock up. I will be so glad to get the things that I need. I just hoe that they have it all.
      Will you have a hard time getting use to your contacts when you start wearing them again? I have never worn them so do not know. I have not had to wear glasses since I had my cataract surgery. I hope I never have to again.
      Well that is about all from here. Have a great night and stay safe.
      Colleen

• Colleen
      Participant

Hi Adele,
      The rosary is really pretty. So is the book mark that was a good idea. That is so sad that Tillie will not come upstairs. Does the doctor still come to your home and visit Tillie? She really needs to see him and give her medicine to get her out of her depression. She needs to be around family even if they wear masks to be around her.
      That is so nice that Gary is cleaning out a space in his office so you can put your decoration in there. I remember when my dad died that I told my mom that she had to decorate even though she was sad and missed dad. I had to remember that when mom died. we have to decorate because they would not be happy that we changed all of that because of their death’s. So I hope that you do not have to get rid of all your decorations and make the holidays happy for the rest of the family and for yourself.
      I did not see the picture of Sonny in the pool either. I bet he was cute and was having a great time. We still have not got our pool clear. We just keep working on it.
      Well that is about all from here. Please take care of yourself and have a good night.
      Colleen

• Gail Norusis
      Participant

Hi Sue,
      Yes it seems like stores are getting more and more supplies in. We will probably continue to shop with the WalMart pickup service for a while. At some point we will have to go to Costco though to stock up on meat. Probably not until fall though and hopefully they will still have hours for older people by then. In a way I miss going into the store as sometimes you find new things to try but for the time being we will go with the tried and true. However it’s also kind of nice having someone doing the shopping for you. lol
      Doesn’t it feel nice to get a compliment on your hair? I always used to get compliments on the color job that she does. However, I think it will be a long long time before I go back. I know she is closed for a couple of weeks this month as she is going out to Montana. And I know she is not really conscientious about staying home and I know she did hair during the shut down either at her home or at other people’s homes so I figure she has a lot of exposure. So It will be a long time before I feel safe going back. So for the time being my hair will just grow until I decide what to do. I know now not to ask Greg to try and trim it. lol
      I can’t wait for sweet corn to come in. I think we may get our first tomatoes this week.
      Gail

Attachments:
    • Gail Norusis
      Participant

Hi Colleen,
      I have a whole bunch of memes collected so I figured I may as well post them. We can always use a laugh.
      Sometimes, I think the worst part is not knowing what is going to happen. At least if we knew an end date when there would be a vaccine we would have something to look forward to. But with everything so unsure now-and some states with climbing cases it makes you wonder if we are going backwards and will end up back where we started. Other countries seem to be doing so much better at keeping numbers down that we are. We are not even allowed to travel to Europe as we have too many cases.
      I can’t believe that Disney is reopening during a surge of cases in Florida. Of course I would never go there in July anyway. It’s hot enough going in October. I can’t imagine going with little kids and them wearing masks all day in the heat. I think there will be a lot of cranky kids.
      I never noticed that the mask makes me itchy but we have never worn them for too long as we never go anywhere or come in contact with people. We are like hermits.
      It was nice to see the grands even if only for a few minutes. I did win points with Kendall though as they day they stopped I was wearing a Harry Potter tee shirt-and Jenny told me she commented on that when they left. lol
      We have a grocery trip today too to go do a WalMart grocery pickup. We will eventually have to go to Costco for a meat stock up trip. Also we have our coupons for the money earned on our Costco cards to get refunded.
      I don’t anticipate any problems getting used to the contacs again. I wear soft lenses which really don’t have a long getting used to time. Right now I can’t put them in though because i just developed a stye. I haven’t had one of those in a long time. I will eventually need cataract surgery and at that time I will have to decide if I should also get my vision corrected. It would be weird not to wear glasses or contacs as I have had them since sixth grade.
      How is your garden coming along?
      Gail

Attachments:
    • adele shanbar
      Participant

Hi DD!
      im glad you got to spend some time with Critt. What did you cook for dinner? I have done nothing for dinners in a while. The most I did was wash some lettuce. We have been doing take out, sandwiches, or salad. I just do not have anything in me to give a dam about food, or anything. I have to get back to cooking, because this is not good, and way too much salt with take out all the time. Gary has been saying…..I guess we do not eat again tonight….He keeps saying how worried he is with me and wants to go to the ER. For what? for them to say, yes she is grief stricken…lets load her up with antidepressants and see if we can get her addicted to drugs. Yeah, that will work. LOL…have to keep my limited sense of humor.
      So, while watching Hallmark holiday movies, I decided on my annual Thanksgiving speech….it will go like this…..”This year I cannot be grateful for all the lives still at this table, as one is missing. What I can be grateful for is that we had her for 47 years and 10 months. Long enough to have beautiful, bright granddaughters, and handsome, smart great-grandsons. I am also extremely grateful for the one addition to this table, and this being his First Thanksgiving.” I usually say I am grateful for all those at this table, and that none have been taken away. That family is everything, and we need to treasure every single moment. Yeah…thanks, God. Hows that working out for me today?
      On the positive side, Heather is home. Bobby brought the bag of ashes to distribute among everyone, which I still think is creepy. What is even more creepy is that they were in a cheap plastic bag, double bagged. Seriously? Isn’t there a special baggie that could look a little better for crematories? Definitely no expense spared there. The bag was in a plastic container, neatly wrapped. Still, a very chintzy plastic bag. Did get a good laugh over that one, as Heather would have had a lot to say…….”10,000.00, and that is the bag we get? Dam, Ma.” She would have called the crematory if I came home in that bag…..LOL
      I hope the protests have lessened in your area. They can be scary to watch. I feel the criminals take advantage of the situation to do things the protesters never intended to happen, and that is sad, as it takes away from their message. I am so shocked at the level of racism in this country. I thought we were better than this.
      Hope your day is going well. Quiet here for now…. baby goes for his 6 month check-up today.
      Love you!
      Adele

• adele shanbar
      Participant

Colleen
      When ti get really hot, you need more baking soda. Every time it is in the 90’s, on the second day you need to add baking soda. Also the heat eats up the chlorine, and you have to just about double it for a long stretch of heat. Plus, add the stabilizer. It may be as simple as you are not adding enough chlorine and baking soda. Also, don’t forget the algaecide that goes in weekly. They are a lot of work, but once you get your routine, it will be fine.
      You are so right. Everything will be different, but we still have a lot of people left. My Dad always said you have to take care of the living, and he was right.
      Please read my post to DD for more info…the good and the bad of it….LOL
      Love ya!
      Adele

• adele shanbar
      Participant

Hey Gailster
      I love that believe in yourself kitty….LOL
      Glad Greg’s back is feeling better. Prednisone works, and you feel so goo don it, like you are 40 again. Then reality hits LOL
      We are about to get a whopper of a thunderstorm- alerts all over the place, and baby and Marissa are going to the doctor late this afternoon. Pina is going with them, so that is good. It is his 6 month check-up. Imagine that? Heather already missed Amanda and Steph’s birthdays, and Santino’s 6 month check-up, and that is just 3 weeks of this family.
      So, we separated some of the left over ashes, and now she is on the kitchen table in a tiny urn that looks like a miniature salt shaker. Ill attach a pic. Steph said I should leave her here, becasue this is where I am all day.
      That is to bad that Brent could nto be closer for a while. You would have loved that. House is his house coming? We need some good news.
      Glad you at least got to see the kids. Since Heather died nobody is social distancing from me- I am getting hugged and kissed. Makes me feel a little bad, as I don;t remember when I last hugged or kissed Heather. She stopped giving me a kiss goodbye when covid started.
      It is pouring right now Glad that Gary does not have to water the window boxes today.
      Bobby is cooking today. he took out the meat he bought for Fathers Day- he got it the day Heather died, and put it in the freezer. So, we are having oit today. Amanda is at work, and will be home for dinner. Actually, with all the rain, I will nto be surprised if they cut her early and she will be home shortly.
      Dying for tomorrow night to see AGT. The only program I look forward to all week. ITKWD was all food this week. I got the German cookies.
      Hope your day is going well!
      Luv u!
      Adele

• adele shanbar
      Participant

Hey GAilster
      The pics are on my phone. Ill have to post from there, so you can see him in the pool
      We have the lift on the second set of stairs. Now, this one is for the first set of stairs to the landing. It has more room on the other wall, but we never noticed before that the lower set of stairs is more narrow than the first set. It makes it harder for everyone to come up the stairs, especially when they have bundles or boxes.
      Im going to switch to the phone, so I can post those pics.
      I hope Sue is ok- have not seen a post from her yet that I have read. I do have more to get through.
      Luv u
      Adele

• adele shanbar
      Participant

Sue and Gail
      We still cant get toilet paper we like. We like the Scott’s extra soft. You are allowed to order one from BJs only Nd we need two packs. One for upstairs and one downstairs. Tillie uses more toilet paper than anyone in the house. She goes through two cases to our one case I call those big packages from BJs a case
      I’ll attach the pic of Sonny and the tiny urn so you can see what I am talking about. I took pic next to a knife for perspective
      Hope everyone is good
      Sue. Are you getting thunderstorms today too?
      Luv u
      Adele

Attachments:
    • adele shanbar
      Participant

Hi Colleen
      I will decorate. I have to for Sonny and Aizen , and even JJ too. Steph helped me purge the houses and we kept most of them. I’ll take a pic of what is left on the table. Lol
      My glasses got steamed up too with the mask. Someone should invent one that does not steam up
      Or maybe an eyeglass cleaner that prevents steaming the lenses up???
      Hope you are ok and got the pool ready to enjoy
      Luv u
      Adele

• Colleen
      Participant

Hi Gail,
      I appreciate you posting the memes. I know that I can use a good laugh. I like the one with the dog and the skunk. I wish that my dogs could learn that on. They are constantly getting sprayed. I do not think that they will ever learn.
      I wish they would come up with a date that they can start giving out the shots. If they can ever agree on what will work. We need to get back to normal and get on with life.
      I was wondering what they were thinking when they opened Disneyland. They cannot expect kids to keep a mask on all that time. They will take them off when they start getting uncomfortable. They are just kids and they cannot help that. People have to use common sense when they do this stuff. They have to think of the kids and what they can stand.
      They were selling Harry Potter pants at Wal-Mart not too long ago. They are pajama bottoms and would go good with you top. They are comfortable to just wear around the house. Accept people are wearing their pjs to the store. I do not think that I could do that. Well at least I have not been able to so far.
      We have picked some tomatoes, peppers and green peppers and zucchini. we have picked a lot about seven zucchini so far. They are not as big as I would like but they were good. We are not having much luck with the cucumbers though. How is your garden doing? I know that you usually do not get thing out of your garden until after we do. We plant earlier because of our weather. I cannot remember if it was like that this year or not the weather was so crazy.
      Colleen

• Colleen
      Participant

Hi Adele,
      That is such a cute picture of Sony in his shark float. He looks like he really is enjoying playing in the water and that float really keeps the sun off of him. That is really cute.
      That is the first time that I heard of using baking soda. We will have to try that next. I think that we have tried everything but that. Someone told Ron to pour a bottle of bleach in there but we have not done that either. I do not know if they ever tried it or not.
      I think that your Thanksgiving speech sounds good. Your dad is right about going on for the living. I guess we all have to do that. It is easier said then done though. One thing that I have learned is that we have to tell our kids and grands that we love them and always will. We have to give them big hugs when we feel that it is safe to do so.
      I agree we have to do things for our grands and not let them feel bad about us being sad. The first Christmas without mom it was hard to celebrate but we got the house decorated and was glad that we did.
      Well that is about all from here. Please take care of yourself and stay safe. Have a good night.
      Colleen

• Gail Norusis
      Participant

HI Adele,
      I can’t believe Sonny is 6 months already! I love the picture of him floating in his shark. How adorable.
      How was the dinner that Bobby cooked? Our grocery stash was about down to nothing-so we are now all stocked up and have an embarrassment of riches in the food department. Last night I made sloppy joes-I think today will be BLT’s. We tried the amazon brand of toilet paper-I forget the name right now and it is pretty good-at least I think it is. It’s softer than the Costco brand.
      I think tonight will be the first AGT show without an audience. I don’t know how they will continue with the acts that need a big stage-this will be an interesting season.
      I never saw a tiny urn like that before. They did not do that for Kim-but maybe that was because Brent kept the whole big urn as she was not buried anywhere.
      I think you may be able to buy something to spray on your glasses to keep them from steaming up. Check Amazon.
      Gail

Attachments:
    • Gail Norusis
      Participant

Hi Colleen,
      We were lucky and none of our dogs ever got sprayed-but you have outdoor dogs and ours have all been indoor dogs. So that’s probably the difference. Ours were never loose on our property unless Greg or I were with them. I remember at our other house we used to take the dogs down to the creek for a dip in the evenings. One day Greg and i were walking along a path and the dogs were running through the woods and just as the path turned a corner we came face to face with a beaver walking toward us-it was funny we turned around and walked the other way and so did the beaver. Good thing the dogs didn’t see it.
      Well we don’t know when or if there will be a vaccine but I wouldn’t expect one before next year-and then they have to produce it and package it for the whole world. Of course a lot of people will refuse to take it too-but if my doctor says it’s okay I will take it. I heard that there is a shortage of vials to put the vaccine in when they do get one. Remember when we were little and everybody got chicken pocks and now there is a vaccine and kids don’t get it anymore. Our kids even got them because they were little before the vaccine came out.
      Yes, I would see a lot of the younger people out shopping in pajama pants-some older people too. That would not be me.
      Our garden is doing pretty good. We don’t grow zucchini-neither of us are big fans.
      Did you hear that Tom Bergeron and Erin Andrews got booted from DWTS. I actually don’t even know how they can even bring that back yet as dancers are close together and in each other’s faces. I know my sister’s dance studio has not reopened yet and she really misses it.
      I hope that you get your pool figured out soon as it is so hot. Do you have a cute pool float to lounge around on? They have such cute ones now for all ages.
      Gail

Attachments:
    • Barbara Smith
      Participant

Hello everyone. Gosh is it another hot one here today. Jerry has gotten himself a case of poison ivy on his face, hands and some of one arm. It is miserable but I think is a little better today. i can’t seem to keep myself awake. I really think boredom is causing it. Jerry keeps it like a freezer in here so I get all snuggled down in my recliner all comfy and off I go. The pill I take for the atrial flutter is known for making you sleepy. So guess that has something to do with it too. I’ve been trying to get some Christmas gifts early this year. Picked up pajama sets for the girls for a good price and free shipping. I am trying to label them and want to go ahead and wrap early too. The pj’s are really cute and soft.
      Yesterday was Jerrys birthday too. We ate dinner with Joey and Lisa. The birthday boy grilled steaks we got from Costo. They were so tasty. Lisa bought an ice cream cake from Baskin Robbins on her way home. It was a really nice evening. Jerry seemed to really enjoy his birthday. I ordered him a Panama hat from amazon. It looks good on him. At first he said he didn’t know where he would wear it, but I think he really likes it. Glad Greggs back is better Gail. I’m like you, my hair is a long mess. And I can’t even think about trying to color it. Guess it’s a good thing I’m confined to just riding in the car lol
      Adele, you really put a lot of thought into the memorial items. I know the family really appreciate it. I really hope Tillie is able to see a doctor or social worker real soon. Sounds like she is having a really difficult time and you have so much on you of your own grief to work through. I’ll continue to pray for all of you. The picture of little Sonny is so cute. He looks like he is really enjoying himself. How precious. What is your baby’s latest little tricks Colleen? I know he is growing too and grinning and gooing. Do they have a tooth yet?
      Are things calming down any where you are DD? I’m glad you were able to visit with Critt. We all need someone we can talk to right now I think. Our Auto Kitty has started playing at 3-4am every morning. He wakes us up just playing at the foot of the bed. He has a stuffed shrimp that he holds between his front paws and just kicks and kicks with his back paws. Its so cute. He has his routine and he follows it almost to the letter. I had a hard time getting his canned food for about a month. Finally I was able to order it again.
      Hugs to you all, Barbara

• Colleen
      Participant

Hi Gail,
      I would not like to run into a beaver on the road. Those animals are mean when they want to be. Racoons can really be mean. We found a little one when we were kids and we put it in a cage. It was fine while it was little but once it got big it really got mean. My dad had to let it out of the cage because they did not want us to get near it. He warned us not to ever take an animal like that and try to make a pet of it. So we never did it again. I guess that we were not that bright when we were kids. lol
      I remember the chicken pox. Did you ever have them? I was covered with them and and even had one in my mouth. They were miserable and they itch so much. Did you have the measles? I had those also and had to stay in a dark room the only thing I have not had is the mumps.
      Did you hear why they got fired? I cannot believe that they would do that they are really good on there. I cannot imagine who would take their place and be as good as they are. They always have to ruin these shows. It will be interesting to see them social distance and dance. That could be really interesting. I wonder if they will do the Mexican hat dance. Can you see couple dancing around a hat.
      well that is about all from here. Have a great night and stay safe.
      Colleen

• Colleen
      Participant

Hi Barbara,
      I cannot imagine having poison ivy when it is so hot. That has to be uncomfortable. Poor Jerry hope he gets rid of it soon. My mom use to have to get shots when she had she would get it so bad.
      I have started shopping for next year. I have gifts for my sister-in-laws, my sister and my great grand son. I may pick up a couple of outfits for him but am not sure. I have a little something for my youngest grand daughter but will wait for a little while and then buy her more. The two youngest ones have birthday’s in January. So will get their birthday gifts also.I have to start early we have so many to buy for.
      Tell Jerry we said Happy Birthday. It sounds like he had a nice day. That was so nice that Lisa bought a cake for the occasion. I bet he will think of places to wear it. That was a good gift.
      Our little one is rolling all over the place. He is saying mama. He says it really plain you can understand him. They do not let him lay on the floor long enough to start to crawl. He was trying when he was here but then they quit putting him on the floor. So when he comes here we will put him on the floor and see if he will crawl.
      Not much else is going on here. It has been boring. We let you go Have a great night and stay safe.
      Colleen

• Gail Norusis
      Participant

Hi Barbara,
      Poor Jerry. I hope he is not too itchy. I don’t think I’ve ever had poison ivy. I’ll bet it would be hard on me as I get rashes from a lot of weeds in general. When I used to pick weeds before I gave up flower gardening I would always come out with rashes on my arms. Now when I want flowers I just buy a five dollar bouquet from WalMart to brighten up the house. lol Tell Jerry happy belated birthday. My sister’s birthday was yesterday the 15th.
      I must say they do have the best meats at Costco.
      Now I am reading there is a shortage of coins. And we have all these bags of coins from the laundry in the apartment that we are just sitting on right now. We don’t want to wrap them all ourselves and they won’t count them when you go through the drive through and neither of us wants to actually go in the bank. I couldn’t carry them in myself anymore as they are too heavy now. I suppose we could go in as that bank is never very busy but we have been isolated for so long it seems weird to go out in public. I guess we will still just keep the coins for awhile.
      I know myself personally I have not used cash since March as since then everything has been bought online.
      I used to keep the house very cold in the summer but now I don’t keep it quite as cold as I don’t get as hot as I used to during menopause-plus I probably sit more now than I did then. When I was up and doing more I got hot easier. Plus I don’t like to pay the high electricity bills so I keep it a bit warmer now.
      Gail

Attachments:
    • Gail Norusis
      Participant

Hi Colleen,
      Now that you mentioned it I remember I had a friend who had a baby raccoon at one time-I don’t remember what happened to it. I also remember we had a cousin who had a descented skunk. Country kids! lol
      I remember one time a possum got into our dog enclosure and it couldn’t find it’s way back out. So while it was in there we couldn’t let the dogs out there so Greg had to go out there and when it played possum he scooped it up on a shovel and tossed it back over the fence. They can be kind of scary and hiss and stuff. However they are good to have out in the country because they eat ticks and stuff. We just want them to keep out of the dog pen. lol
      Oh gosh-I had all the childhood diseases. I had chicken pox when I was only two months old. Mom said it was a horrible case too and they had to cover my hands to keep me from accidentally scratching myself. I had both kinds of measles-I do remember having them so it must have been early grade school years. I also had mumps but maybe I was small as I don’t really remember having them. I suppose I got everything that my older brother and sister brought home from school.
      I just read that DWTS said they are going in a different direction now whatever that means. I heard that Tyra Banks is taking over and she will be the only host. I wasn’t crazy about her on AGT but she did have her show Americas Top Model or what ever it was called so who knows. I really liked Tom Bergeron-he was very quick thinking and had lots of funny remarks. Who knows what shows will even be back and when. I heard today the Rose Bowl parade is cancelled. I wonder what will happen with the Thanksgiving Day parade. All these things draw huge groups of people which doesn’t seem like the best idea right now. I feel bad for Broadway and live theater in general. So many things won’t come back until well into 2021 I’ll bet.
      Well now that I’ve gotten us all depressed I’ll sign off. lol
      I guess whenever we feel sad we look at those new babies and just think life goes on-so we need to also and make the most of it. I know I can go from hopefulness to despair several times all in the same day. I am trying to find the lessons in all this and what I can learn from it.
      Gail

Attachments:
    • adele shanbar
      Participant

Hi Colleen
      Yes, you can use bleach instead of shock. It is a lot cheaper. I buy bleach in big containers and also huge bags of baking soda to last the whole summer. Bleach is the same as shock and baking soda is the same as ph+.
      So, you still have not been in the pool? Time is a wast’in, as they say. Get at least 2 big bottles of bleach and two boxes of baking soda, with half a bottle of algaecide and get it in there, if the water does not look clear. Keep the filter running for at least 24 hours, and you should be good to go in one day. Then give it a good vacuum before you get in to get all the debris up from the floor.
      Thank you- that is a cool floatie I found on Amazon for the baby. He likes it, because hes legs are in the water. He does not like his face in the sun….LOL
      Tomorrow is the burial of the remaining ashes. I do not think I can go. I cant get out of the bathroom, for one. Colitis flared up. I have not been feeling well. My arthritis has been awful, and I started to have gout pain in one toe- not bad enough to start prednisone, and I am hoping it will go away. The closer we are getting to the ashes being buried, the sicker I have been feeling. I know it is stress. Gary wants me to go to the ER, and I do not think it is at that level. I think the pain in my chest is from not breathing well. I have been using 2 inhalers in the am and night. Every time I take a breathe, it hurts a little. If it were a heart attack, I would be dead by now. LOL
      I have her ashes on the table in the tiny little urn. So, she will be here with all of us. The girls have nto taken the ashes for their containers yet, accept Steph. I guess they are waiting until tomorrow. Evryone is coming back here for Chinese food- that is what they decided they wanted to eat.
      I hope your days are going way better than mine!
      Luv u!
      Adele
      PS…I like the memes too.

• Anonymous
      Inactive

You know with QVC2 going to all reruns and a bunch of hosts being let go I wonder if they will get rid of Quacker Factory. It seemed Quacker Factory had been pretty much only on QVC2 so it just makes me wonder. They have not had a TSV for a long time only Big Deals on QVC2. I do not get QVC2 but would hate it if Quacker Factory was never shown.

• Anonymous
      Inactive

Adele be very careful if you have chest pain when you breathe as it could be fluid around your heart. That contributed to Mom’s death & my brother had pain in his chest when he tried to breathe & they thought it was a heart attack but turned out to be fluid around the heart. So it can be dangerous. Don’t want to scare you but maybe have it checked.

• adele shanbar
      Participant

Hey Gailster
      Ill look on amazon for the glass treatment.
      Bobby’s dinner was good. he makes evrythign good. LOL
      Those tiny urn are the thing now, since people started to keep some ashes for themselves. Frankly, I think it is creepy. But, I went along with it for the kids. They all wanted to have some of their mother to keep….still creepy to me, no matter how you say it. They are putting some ashes in pendants and rings they can wear. I guess whatever makes you feel comforted, is ok with me.
      Please read the post to Colleen for more info of the day. I forgot to put in hers that I am starting to have a gout attack too. I am a physical mess right now. I know it is stress, as if it were my heart I would already be dead….LOL
      AGt was strange with no audience.
      I did have the chicken pox, so did my kids.
      Love ya!
      Adele

• adele shanbar
      Participant

Hey Barbara
      The lady who did the rosary beads and bracelets and angels made me a child’s bracelet as a gift, becasue we had such a big order. She did that becasue I told her what happened at the wake part of the funeral. On the way to the crematory, when Marissa got in the limo, she turned at me, and I saw her face and said…..she is pregnant…. to Gary. Gary thinks I am nuts, and so does Marissa. I tell you I saw it in her face. Pina got very excited, becasue she wants a granddaughter too…..LOL So, we shall see. We already have a bracelet! I’ll attach it to this post.
      Amanda had a bad case of poison ivy a bit ago. It was awful! I hope Jerry is feeling better.
      I have not purchased anything for Christmas. That is very unlike me. I just keep seeing things I would have got for Heather, and now I can’t. I keep wanting to tell her things, and show her things. Then I get real mad at her for leaving us.
      Happy Birthday to Jerry!!!
      Love ya
      Adele

Attachments:
    • adele shanbar
      Participant

Hey Sue
      I don’t get QVC 2 either. It would be awful if they do not show them anymore.
      I will look into that, as to tell you the truth, I was wondering about that. I have been taking my fluid pill, as now I would be afraid not to.
      Thank you Sue!!
      How are you doing with the loss of your dear brother? I hope you are feeling a little less sad every day. I now have some days I do not cry at all. Then I will cry at a commercial. Go figure. Those commercials are brutal if you are sad.
      Love you!
      Adele

• Anonymous
      Inactive

Don’t know if this will work.

• Anonymous
      Inactive

I did not know if this would work. A friend sent me this photo today. My mom is in the back row 5th from the left. It was a school picture we estimate they were about 13 years old in the picture. Her friend beside her, her friends daughter sent it to me.

• Gail Norusis
      Participant

Hi Sue,
      That is an awesome photo! I love seeing stuff like that. I like the guy at the end of the front row with his scooter or something? Do you know what year that might have been? I can’t really tell from the clothing.
      Yes I wonder about the future of QVC too. We do get Q2 but now with no original programming being shown I think it is a waste and maybe they should just drop it. I am most saddened about the hosts that were let go and I have heard they also let go about 450 other people that worked there too. I will really miss Antonella-I always liked her-especially on jewelry shows as she got so excited.
      I wish we had someone who would have said it was mandatory to wear masks right from the very beginning. You always see people in the Asian countries doing it and there must be a good reason for it. I think if we would have had stronger leadership at the top from the start we wouldn’t be in the mess that we are in now. It seems the states that had stricter rules and slower reopenings are doing better. As far as I am concerned a person’s individual rights end when their behavior can cause risk to another. It’s like not being able to smoke in restaurants and bars or not being able to drive drunk. It’s public safety. Sometimes individual rights have to take a backseat to the good of the many. Just my opinion.
      I don’t know about the future of Quacker. They have had fewer shows on the main channel. They also no longer have the volume of new things each season like they used to have. I thought maybe the lack of new things for summer might have been because things are made overseas and maybe production was shut down because of the virus so they couldn’t get their orders in in a timely manner. But who really knows what will happen anymore. I think Quacker has their core fans but I don’t know if they are adding many new ones.
      Gail

Attachments:
    • Gail Norusis
      Participant

Hi Adele,
      Yes, the food is always good when someone else cooks it. lol Did Bobby ever work as a cook? Am I imagining that?
      Now I understand about the little urns. That was a new one for me. It’s interesting how burial traditions have changed.
      My Mom was cremated-my Dad was not. He is buried in a national cemetary. I don’t know if they still do this but at the time he was buried you had one plot for husband and wife-so instead of being buried side by side you are buried on on top of each other. So if the husband died first he would be buried and then the wife would be buried on top of him or vice versa. I had never heard of that before. And as it turned out my Mom remarried after my Dad died so she is buried next to her second husband. So she is in Florida and he is in Louisiana.
      How nice of that lady to make you a tiny baby bracelet.
      Be careful with your health and if you have doubts about a symptom call the doctor. I hope that today finds you feeling better too.
      AGT was very weird with people auditioning from home. It’s not quite the same without the audience and the big stage.
      Gail

Attachments:
    • Anonymous
      Inactive

Gail Yes that is a scooter. That is the way Amish young & old get around. If we have guessed the ages correctly it would have probably been mid 1930’s. I did not know if it would be of interest but thought I would post it.

• Dianne Danielson
      Participant

Hi Ladies,
      I don’t know if any of you know this, but Stacey Stauffer is no longer on the Q. I got a post from David on my FB page saying she was no longer with the Q. Below his was a post from her. She said she’d done her last show & wouldn’t be returning. she didn’t say she was quitting for any specific reason. Sounds like she was let go to me. When Jill left, she said she was retiring, as did others. I wonder who else will be leaving?
      I have to admit her high pitched voice got on my nerves. There are others get on my nerves too. Maybe it’s my old age.
      We’re in for some hot weather next week. Into the 90s. It was lovely today, mid 70s. Sure enjoyed it. I hear it’s been unbearably hot out there.
      Sue that;s a great thing to get that photo of your mom when she was young. I would’ve guessed it was taken late 30s. My sister was little in the late 30s & from what I remember the clothing looked similar.
      When we were growing up, at different times, the roads were still dirt, no gravel, & the roads were so narrow, one car had to pull over to the side so the oncoming car could pass.
      Snowball was naughty this week & she got in Big trouble for it. That night I shut her in the bathroom with her litter box. amazingly she was quiet all night. Then last night she was a good girl before coming into the bedroom. When I say NO she turns on her little heels & goes in the opposite direction.
      I went out shopping today & when I returned she wanted to go see Critt so I asked him if she could come down & visit. He agreed, so I let her out & she beat feet down to his place. she went right in just like she lived there. LOL.
      Well, that’s all for tonight.
      take care & stay safe
      dd

Attachments:
    • Anonymous
      Inactive

The other hosts left go by QVC are Antonella Nester, Kristine Zell & Gabrille Kerr. What I heard is they are already gone. 450 behind the scenes have lost their jobs as well.

• adele shanbar
      Participant

Hey Sue
      It did work when you clicked on the link you sent. What a nice pic! So glad your friend sent it to you
      It is gross up here. Stay cool!!
      I am chustef. I did not sleep more than two hours last night
      Luv u
      Adele

• adele shanbar
      Participant

Hey girls
      I honestly think it is because the quality is not what it used to be with the decorations. The embellishments were way more detailed and beautiful. Any company can appliqué. Not every company can decorate like Quacker
      Adele

• adele shanbar
      Participant

Hey Gailster
      Yes. He was a sou chef. His boss recruited him from the restaurant. When he was a chef he worked with the two owners of the restaurant in aBoston. Then they opened a new place in the suburbs and he helped open it. His boss wanted out of the business shortly after Bobby left and the place ended up closing. Bobby is still very close with him and his family He was Bobby’s best man for the wedding. He is like a father to Bobby. He sees him every week and goes there in the evening of every holiday. They are good people
      Funeral is over. I could not go. I just could not see my daughter go into my Dad’s gravesite. Ananda and Marissa lowered her into the grave. I would have lost it. I am so proud of their courage in their Grief
      I’ll attach a pic of the grave and flowers I sent. I felt she needed some flowers on the fresh grave.
      Yes each grave has two people. There are six double graves. Three on each side of the stone. So there are names on either side of the stone
      Everyone came here after for Chinese. Lots of people here yesterday too. Many visitors and Pina and the girls came for the pool Amanda and Sara were in the pool too That makes me happy
      I still cry a lot. Amanda was happy yesterday afternoon after she came back from getting some stuff in Target for her room. It made me cry to see her happy. She did not see. I had to go in bathroom, and I quietly sobbed and sobbed til I got myself together. This just sucks. It hurts so bad and then you get moments you forget she is gone. Then it comes back like a tidal wave of tears.
      So, I am ok. As ok as anyone could be. I can do this but it is going to take a long time to see a commercial and not cry. Or see a container of that fing Oui yogurt she used to eat. I totally loose it when I see the yogurt!! How sick is that???
      It is gross up here. Even unhealthy air!
      Luv ya…… sorry for the swear
      Adele

• adele shanbar
      Participant

Hey DD
      It is gross up here too. Will be over 100 today. Humidity do high the air is unhealthy. I went in the deck late last evening to cut off all the seed pods on top of the basil. It was so gross ai got an asthma attack. So today Amanda went out and cut the basil down in two of the containers. She came in all hot and yucky but we have our weekly harvest. Lol
      I love layering a layer of basil then sliced tomato then sliced fresh mozzarella balls then some very thin sliced prosciutto ( you can eliminate that) and add a drizzle of Italian dressing and enjoy!! I will eat an entire fish of that for dinner with nothing else! So refreshing and tastes so good. No cooking required. Lol
      They want me to make my Pesto sauce and do a few batches to keep in fridge. They like to spread it in crackers or fresh bread as elk as with the linguini. Bobby could not find and mason jars at the supermarket so I will check Amazon
      HopeSnoeball is a good girl! She is too funny
      Glad Critt is home and good
      Stay safe and cool!
      Luv ya
      Adele

Attachments:
    • adele shanbar
      Participant

Here is the other pic
      Adele

• adele shanbar
      Participant

It will not let me load the grave stone pic. I get an error message

• adele shanbar
      Participant

Sue
      OMG Antonella is my favorite host!!!!
      That’s awful
      What is going on?!!
      Adele

• Barbara Smith
      Participant

Adele, the flowers are so beautiful. You were there in your heart. I know you are so proud of the young ones who help so much as they can. And how sweet they all love your pesto they are asking for extra on hand. Jerrys dad always kept extra jars for canning. We had problems finding lids and seals. So we started stocking up in the winter. Our favorite was his vegetable soup that we put up in quart jars. It was so yummy in the cold winter with hot cornbread or hot fresh bread. How is Tillie? Is she eating?
      I really liked Antonella’s smile and her what seemed so real to me genuine love of sparkly. I wonder how management decided who would stay or go. She has been there longer than some who stayed-Mabey offered early out and/or buyout packages. Just guessing. I hope Quacker stays. Most of my “vintage” Quacker clothes are just beautiful with such detailed bead work and embroidery. Been buying from Q since it began-long time now.
      DD have things quieted down any out your way? Hope so. Are you able to get out and about any? Snowball sounds like she needs some social contact with others too! She is tired of distancing and isolation as well. Our kitty gets upset if we are not fixing his breakfast by a certain time each day. Mornings has become harder for us these last few months, and Auto is not willing to compromise. So he sits on the foot of the bed and howls loudly looking straight at us. He knows I will eventually give in as soon as I can get my legs going. We sure love him.
      Better say goodnight for now. Jerry recorded a rodeo on the rural channel and wants company watching it. I like barrell racing the ladies do and bronc riding. He likes bull riding and bronc riding. Take care everyone Barb

• Dianne Danielson
      Participant

HI Ladies,
      Well, it’s summer out here. It’s in the upper 80s today & it’s gonna be hotter the next day or so. Two yrs ago more than half of the month was in the 90s. So far we’ve only had one day. I don’t envy you having the humidity!!!! I wouldn’t be able to breathe.
      That came as quite the shock when I heard the news about Stacey & the others getting let go from the Q!! What surprizes me is Antonella!! She was one of my faves! You’d think the newest ones would go first. All of them had several yrs experience under their belts. Maybe things were in the works when they went to showing the recorded programming last yr. I could think of a few I’d rather see gone than Antonella or Stacey. I don’t know about the rest of you but the 2 that get on my nerves are Kirsten, & Jane Treacy. Maybe it’s just me.
      OK, here’s what’s going on out here. NOOOOO it hasn’t calmed down any!! The protesters are still out there. And the government invasion ISN’T helping any. If anything they’re more of a problem. So, whatever 45 says he’s LYING!!! He said yesterday or the day before they had everything under control
      NOT TRUE!! They;re causing more problems & hitting people with tear gases, even some kind of poison last night. The governor didn’t ask for them & the mayor has made his opinion made clear. He wants them OUT of Portland, the sooner the better. They don’t have any ID like badges, to identify who they really are. Some protesters were dragged into a white van by so called gov. police with no ID to prove who they were, I heard on the news.
      Adele, when you get ERROR when you try to post a photo it’s because the pic is too big. that’s all it means. I’ve had it happen to me more than once.
      Snowball is behaving so far. I think the heat is getting to her. I have the AC running but she curls up in a corner wherever she can. I called the groomer, but he doesn’t have his groomers. I guess they left. But sometime next month they might make it over here.
      Well, I guess that’s all for today.
      Take care, stay safe
      dd

Attachments:
    • Gail Norusis
      Participant

Hi DD,
      Yes you really do have a mess there and from what I read the mayor doesn’t want the Federal troops.
      This president has failed us so miserably it sickens me. He was all happy go lucky when things were going well but as soon as covid hit and social unrest began he wants to hide and wash his hands of it all. He is a coward. At this point I feel we have no leadership in this country other than what is being offered by governors and mayors of large cities. And some of those have really risen to handle the crisis and should be applauded-unfortunately we need strong central leadership right now. It makes me so frustrated!!!
      I think Gabrielle was also a good host-although she had been relegated to Q2 for quite a while. I will miss Antonella most though. She was good with jewelry and Quacker shows.
      I know a lot of people don’t like Jane Tracy but she doesn’t bother me and I kind of get a kick out of her enthusiasm-she and Susan Graver could fuel a power plant with their energy. lol Most of the time I am easy going and don’t let stuff bother me but Kirsten does get on my last nerve as she thinks she’s so hot. She is the only host that I have seen in 30 plus years who insists in putting on every bathing suit in a show when she is hosting. Okay-you have a very in shape body-enough already-I know it! Grrrrrr! We (me) overweight old ladies do not need it shoved in our faces that even if we buy and wear that suit we will never again look like you, Kirsten. I’m showing my cattiness. lol
      Gail

Attachments:
    • Gail Norusis
      Participant

Hi Barbara,
      I have been with Quacker since the first time they were on the air too. I remember Jeanne in the 50/50 tour-and the rest was history as they say.
      When you were mentioning about rodeos-I don’t know if I ever told you that my brother used to raise and train cutting horses.
      A lot of cattle driving is done today with ATV’s but you still need cutting horses to pick out individual cattle. A few years ago he could barely ride anymore because of bad hips but it was just making him so sad. So he had his hips replaced and is back in the saddle with no pain now. It’s quite miraculous. He still has a few of his own personal horses that he keeps. He is a bit of a horse and dog whisperer-he is so good at training.
      Gail

Attachments:
    • Gail Norusis
      Participant

Hi Sue,
      Well the Amish were ahead of their time as now all the big cities seem to have scooter rentals that I see people zipping around on. Of course those are electric scooters.
      You must know a lot about the Amish through your Mom’s stories. I must say it’s something that I don’t know much about and I’m not sure if I have even ever known an Amish person. I should educate myself. There are no Amish around here although there are groups down in the mid and southern sections of Illinois.
      I am so sorry for all the layoffs at the Q. I will really miss Antonella too.
      Gail

Attachments:
    • Gail Norusis
      Participant

Hi Adele,
      No need to apologize for the swear. lol I have both heard and used those words plenty of times. lol
      The flowers are quite beautiful and your granddaughters are indeed strong women and you should be very proud of them.
      We know you will get through this one day at a time.
      It’s okay that you couldn’t make the burial. You were there in spirit and that’s what counts.
      How nice that Bobby is still so close to his former employer. They sound like family.
      No wonder you all like when he cooks.
      We watched the concert from the Beach Boys tribute band Saturday night and they were a really good group-I think the name was Sounds of Summer. So when you attend the live concerts at this venue they always give you a Dove bar when you are leaving. So to make it feel more like we are there in person I now hand out ice cream bars to me and Greg when the concerts are over. lol
      Greg went out to feed the fish again after he told me he could hear them calling him. lol Should I worry about him? lol
      Gail

Attachments:
    • adele shanbar
      Participant

Missy Barbara
      What in the world is barrel racing???? I hear them speak of it on this show we watch- the barrel racing girls- Yellowstone. It is on Sunday night, and bog star is the father- cant remember his name right now….LOL
      Thank you for the compliment on the girls. Amanda started to talk about the pain of finding her mother today. She said she has been talking about it, bit, not to me becasue I have been too emotional. She is too funny. I told her I am glad she is getting it out.
      So, Marissa came by again with Pina and the baby. She asked if we could all be together for the holidays, all of them- with her in-laws. Of course! The more the merrier, especially since we are down one. We need full seats, no vacancies, or it will be sad.
      It is gross up here- over 100, and gross humidity.
      I am cooking tonight- starting slow….knockwurst with sauerkraut….LOL Of course, I will make my basil, tomato, mozzarella salad. You place basil leaves on the plate first, then sliced tomato, then sliced fresh mozzarella, and then, if you like, some prosciutto, and drizzle with salad dressing….yum.
      the girls brought me a McFlurry today.
      I got a book…..”Its Ok That You’re Not Ok”. Very good, and on target for exactly how I feel. I also started to write the thank you’s. Taking a long time. I started with the guests at the wake- I am on page 5 of 8. Then on to the cards, gifts, and flowers. I am doing personal notes to everyone, and it is taking a lot longer than I thought….kind of like therapy. i did none today as my hands were tired from all the writing….LOL
      I am getting there, slowly but surely. Now there is only some stuff on the dining room table- about 1/3 full. Progress comes slowly to me right now, but every day I am doing one thing at least.
      Love you!
      Adele

• Colleen
      Participant

Hi Everybody,
      I have been having computer problems. It was running so slow and then it would just shut down. It is working now so hope I do not have any more trouble.Computers are a pain.
      Adele the flowers that you had for Heather’e grave are beautiful. I hope that you can all start mending now that all of that is done. The girls were really brave to do that. They really loved their mom and wanted to caret out her wishes. The tomatoes and cheese and basil sounds really good. I am going to have to try it. How are you feeling? I hope you are feeling a lot better. This weather has been so miserable and hot. It seems like if it rains the humidity goes up really high. You go outside and the air is so thick you can hardly breathe.
      DD, It sounds like you state is a mess right now. I hope they get this under control soon. That is so cute that Snowball goes to visit Critt. I guess even animals like to go visiting. It is funny that he goes right into Critt’s apartment.
      Gail. The memes are so funny. We all need a good laugh right now. I just pray that all this stops. Well at least he hears the fish and not some imaginary animals calling. He is funny. That is so nice that you are getting to see the concerts. The ice cream bars are a good idea. They sure taste good. I cannot believe all hosts that are being let go from the Q. Antonella was a favorite of mins also. She was so good on the quacker shows. She always had such a good time on there and cooking shows. I cannot believe that she was one to leave. She always seemed to have a good time.I never could figure out why she did not do more of the cooking shows she loved to cook and had some good recipes.
      Well that is about all from here. I have a lot of reading to do and catching up. I hope all of you have a great day.
      Colleen

• Gail Norusis
      Participant

Hey Adele-is it Kevin Costner on Yellowstone? I don’t watch it but it seems like I saw a commercial or something. I’ll let Barbara explain the barrel racing. You really are a city girl! lol Next thing you’ll be telling us you don’t know what steer roping is! lol We gotta get you some cowboy boots and out to a rodeo. lol
      Gail

• Gail Norusis
      Participant

Hi Colleen,
      I hope your computer stays fixed. Since the pandemic especially I feel lost without a computer as that’s how i keep up with many people.
      We are getting a break from the 90’s for a few days. Greg said it was nice golfing yesterday as it was a bit overcast. (and he also said he golfed good)
      He said they golfed against two guys named Fuzzy and Gus. That sounds like a pair! lol
      I always liked Antonella on the Quacker and jewelry shows too. It seems odd that they wouldn’t let some of the newer hosts go before her. Although she probably made more money than the newer hosts. It does make you wonder what the heck is going on at QVC.
      Gail

Attachments:
    • adele shanbar
      Participant

Hey Gailster
      That is so funny about Greg! Lol. Lol
      I am proud of them. It was so sad to hear snd I can’t imagine how sad it looked when they lowered her in her grave. That was really a Hallmark movie moment
      Still hot here
      I reached two goals yesterday. Got the Keurig pot cleaned snd the food cabinet reorganized. I did not get in recliner til after nine last night
      Please read other posts for
      More daily info. Lol
      Luv I
      Adele

• adele shanbar
      Participant

Hey Colleen
      Please read other posts for all info. Lol
      Yes they were very brave. Makes me cry
      Weather here awful with heat and humidity
      Not feeling great with breathing. But better today. Humidity is a little less today I’m not going outside but it still bothers your bones and breathing.
      I hit a book to read on grief. It is really good and right on target
      Hope I are ok. And Ron too
      Luv u
      Adele

• adele shanbar
      Participant

Gail and Barbara
      Yup. Don’t know steer roping. Figure it means to catch them. Lol
      Adele
      Yes it is Kevin Costner

• Gail Norusis
      Participant

https://youtu.be/sT6R_MXFZWE Adele here’s some barrel racing for you.

• Gail Norusis
      Participant

https://youtu.be/s3T0ehLTdSk Here’s Greg singing The Choirboys signature song-Don’t Laugh At me.

• Dianne Danielson
      Participant

Hi Ladies,
      Well, it was a bit cooler today, & will be at least 10 degrees cooler tomorrow. No rain in sight.
      Those memes are hilarious, Gail. I can’t pick out which is funniest. Keep em coming, thanks.
      As far as I know Portland is the only place where all the violence is taking place. I don’t think there are protests going on in other towns in Oregon, but I could be wrong. They aren’t making national news at least.
      I felt a lot better today, I actually got dressed. Yesterday it was so hot, I stayed in my cool night gown all day. The heat was so bad I did nothing all day! I’d never survive the humidity out there.
      Not to worry about hubby. I still ‘see’ Jewell come around the corner or jump up on the sofa, from time to time. Not all the time tho. Just every so often.
      Adele, you should watch rodeos on CBS on Sat. I believe it is. Barrel racing, steer roping, everything you need to know about rodeos you’ll learn. LOL
      take care, stay safe, & try to stay cool.
      dd

Attachments:
    • Colleen
      Participant

Hi Gail,
      I listened to that tape of Greg and his group. It was really good and thy have such good voices. They sound just like professionals. They are better then some groups that are out there.
      It would be nice if we could get a break here. It is hot and humid. It is raining here and we had storms but I think that they are almost over. Well wrong again it is thundering again. What a crazy night.
      I cannot figure out why they let Antonella go. She was always and smiling and always seemed to be having a good time doing her job. I am wondering if QVC bit off more then they can chew. They also have a holiday channel. I have not watched it yet but I see it on the top page to look to see what they sell.
      Colleen

• adele shanbar
      Participant

DD
      Hope it is cooler today
      It’s still humid up here but cloudy with showers today
      Finished thank you’s at 10:40 last night. Pic attached. One more task completed
      Everyone helped with dinner while I continued to write. Bobby cooked chicken on bbq and Amanda did the Pesto. It was nice to see everyone work together as a family
      Healing has begun. That’s a good thing
      I have never even seen rodeo programs listed in TV. Lol
      Have a good day. Stay cool
      Adele

• adele shanbar
      Participant

Gailster
      I can’t hear Greg’s beautiful sing without bawling my eyes out. That should be played in every classroom across this country
      Pic attached I forgot to add to post
      Adele

Attachments:
    • adele shanbar
      Participant

Hey Colleen
      How is everyone out there?
      It’s still gross here. High humidity with showers today
      Have you seen your baby lately? They are the reason we still smile when we hurt so much. God bless them
      How is the pool doing? Hope you have been able to use it. We blew a hide yesterday and thank God someone noticed before the filter was ruined bee err lucky
      Hope you are all ok
      Adele

• Gail Norusis
      Participant

Hi DD,
      I’m glad you’re enjoying the memes. I look at the pictures that you post and picture myself on a vacation somewhere with those beautiful blue waters.
      I’ve heard that Trump has threatened to send those same troops like Portland has to Chicago which has really pissed off the Chicago mayor-of course there is no love lost there.
      I’m not really worried about Greg-I was just making a joke like he has been in isolation so long that he hears the fish talking. lol
      80’s here now going into the 90’s again on the weekend.
      Gail

Attachments:
    • adele shanbar
      Participant

Gailster
      The memes and pics are always nice to see. I’m not on social media anymore do I miss a lot
      It has been so hot everywhere. Nobody feels good with all this heat and humidity. Not good for arthritis
      Tillie has been feeling awful. Had her take Alleve for aches
      Love Greg snd the Choirboys!
      Adele

• Gail Norusis
      Participant

Hi Colleen,
      Thanks for the compliment on The Choirboys. Unfortunately there will be no concerts this year.
      It’s in the 80’s now but will go back to the 90’s this weekend. I hope you got your pool going-I want to stop by and swim. lol
      I guess maybe they let the people go who had the worst sales-I can’t think of any other way of deciding-but who really knows. Lot’s of people on the Q board are really upset about Antonella too. I will miss her as i liked her personality.
      I agree-it seems like the Q added all those channels and then had to get rid of them. I know I read a lot of complaints about shipping on the boards so if they don’t get those problems solved they will lose more business.
      I looked at that Holiday channel this morning and it looks like it is just repeats of holiday shows that were on the main channel-or something like that-it doesn’t seem to be a separate entity.
      Have you been reading a lot during the pandemic. It seems like I am.
      Gail

Attachments:
    • Gail Norusis
      Participant

Hi Adele,
      I am not on Facebook-I have been stealing the memes from the Q boards-I’m sure most of them probably come from Facebook.
      That is a good song for anti bullying purposes. I do remember Kim’s daughters saying they had it played for them at school.
      Speaking of which I think Greg saw on Facebook that Kim’s oldest daughter who got married a couple years ago is having a baby. How wonderful and sad at the same time. All three girls are out of high school now-I know Brent keeps in touch-especially with the oldest, Kailyn.
      I was trying to read your post to Colleen-something about your pool blew a hide and you were beer lucky to find it? Sometimes your autocorrect or whatever is going on gives me a good laugh and that one did.
      You certainly did a lot of writing. That’s a box full!
      That’s nice that Amanda and Bobby cooked dinner. It’s a nice break for you.
      Gail
      You really do like fall as I noticed the pumpkin placemat. lol

Attachments:
    • Gail Norusis
      Participant

Colleen,
      I forgot to say I saw this morning that schools in Tennessee are starting up. Are your grands going back now. They were talking about schools close to Knoxville and i thought they lived around there now.
      Gail

• Anonymous
      Inactive

Adele always gives me a laugh. I think I need a decoder to figure some of them out.

• Anonymous
      Inactive

To those of you that get QVC2 someone ask Patrick on Facebook what would happen with Sunday Funday. He said they are trying to work out something to do it from Angel’s house. He will let people know when he finds out what they are doing.
      Gail there have been a lot of complaints about shipping on QVC. I don’t think that is all QVC fault. It is whatever carrier they use. I know the PO is overwelmed. I saw the mail carrier yesterday & her vehicle was full of packages. She had to take some out to get to the one she needed for the person she was delivering. Then had to pack the others back in. I think they may have more than they can take so some wait for next day & this adds on to shipping time. Some items are in process a long time but not all are shipped from QVC some come from the vendor. They also complain about Customer Service & refunds. They seem to forget fewer people are allowed to work because of the virus. Philadelphia was hit especially hard & was one of the last to start reopening & still have restrictions. Most likely some customer service are working from home. It is not just QVC I had a 3 hour wait for a phone call to the telephone company.

• Colleen
      Participant

Hi Adele,
      Everyone is fine here. We had storms last night and I had to get off here. The electric went off for a few seconds so of course it went off long enough to turn the computer off. I do not like it when it storms like that.
      We saw the baby tonight. Brooklin called and wanted me to take her and the baby to the emergency room. She was telling me how sick the baby was so we went over there to check it all out. Well she said that his tongue was all white and she could not get it to go away. She said that he had a raspy voice but forgot to say that he had been crying really hard and screamed. So I checked him out and told her the reason that he was crying and screaming is because he is cutting teeth. He has two on the bottom and is cutting some on top. I explained that he will get kind of raspy when he has been crying like that. She was so cute she was so worried about Grayson and just thought that he was so sick. She was just too young to have a child and is not ready for all of this. She is a really good mom because she was just so worried just has not been around babies that much so now it is a real learning experience.
      That is so nice that you are going to be a great grandma again.Is Marrissa excited about the baby? They are going to be really close together but they will be good friends as they are growing up.
      The pool is still not good enough to swim in. I am going to try the bleach and baking soda tomorrow and see if it helps. I wish that we could get it clear. If this does not work out we are just going to drain it and call it quits.
      Well that is about all from here. That was a lot of cards to fill out. It shows that Heather was well loved. I am glad that the healing process is finally starting. Just take care of yourself.
      Colleen

• Colleen
      Participant

Hi Gail,
      It is a shame that they will not be able to have a concert this year. They are really good and help a lot of charities out when they hold their concert. I wonder if they will be able to do the event for the kids with cancer. The Polar Express I think it was. It will be missed if they cannot have it.
      I cannot believe that Antonella did not have a lot of sales She always said such good things about the products. If they are not selling as much it is because of the times. The hosts do not act as happy as they use to. It must be hard to have to worry that you may be fired at any time. It is just sad that they have done this to themselves. QVC not the hosts.
      I have not been able to read all that I want to. It seems like we are always doing other things. We have been watching too much television also. We watch all the old tv shows. Some of them are so good and it is fun to watch some of the old stars.
      Did you order the TSV on Q2 the other day? It was dream jeans and they are supposed to be a new kind. Well I washed the light color and they came today and they have a horrible smell. I cannot figure out what it is. I tried to call QVC and see if they had any other complaints they would not take the call. They were too busy and just kept sending me back to the automated system. I guess if they do not have the time to help their customers then I am not sure that I want to buy from them anymore. They are just putting themselves out of business. I do not mind being pit on hold and having to wait or be told to call at a certain time that I would understand. That was not what I expected to have happen.
      I guess I am just getting cranky. Being at home all the time is getting to me. Well that is about all from here. Have a great night and take care.
      Colleen

• Gail Norusis
      Participant

Hi Sue,
      Yes! A decoder ring for Adele’s autocorrected posts. lol Remember those things. I never had one but you heard of people saving box tops or something to get one.
      I had forgotten about Sunday Funday being gone with Q2 going to exclusively reruns. I always recorded that.
      Speaking of trouble getting orders-I ordered a Quacker shirt on June 29th and it has been sitting at a place in Bensenville Illinois now since July 7th. So yesterday I contacted the post office and they said it has not been transferred to them yet so it’s the responsibility of UPS mail innovations. so then I chatted with mail innovations and they said to contact the sender-so basically they were all passing the buck. So I chatted with the Q this morning and they offered to send a new one which was of course sold out in my size and color-so I ended up with a refund-and now of course the package will show up. lol That’s what happened the last time something like this happened and they sent out a replacement and then two days later the original shows up so I end up having to send the excess back. However, for the most part I have good luck with getting things in a timely manner so I personally don’t have any complaints. I’m sure delivery systems are over whelmed. I know I myself will order things online that i would have run out and picked up myself before the pandemic. I am very thankful for online shopping.
      Gail

Attachments:
    • Gail Norusis
      Participant

Hi Colleen,
      Poor little Grayson cutting all those teeth. I’m sure Brook was very worried. I’m glad that you were able to reassure her. Having a baby really is learning by doing. She’s doing a good job. I’ll bet he is so cute now at the chubby smiley stage. I love to hear babies laugh.
      Yes the Operation North Pole event is cancelled and so is the tea with Mrs. Santa and I was going to try and get Piper to go this year too.
      So many things are cancelled now.
      I would think other hosts and all other staff might be worried as you don’t know how many more cuts QVC might have to make. I hate to see this happening all over.
      What old TV shows have you been enjoying watching?
      I didn’t order the Dream Jeannes-I have enough for now and the 28 inch inseam is still too long-their ankle pants fit me like regular pants so that’s what i have been going with.
      It seems those light wash pants have that bad smell. I think it is something in the dye. I have had it several times before. Just wash them and they will be all right. I read people on the boards mentioning that frequently.
      As to calling I have also read on the boards that it takes a long time to get through or you can’t get through now because of covid. I don’t know if they have less personnel or what. Anyway, I had a problem this morning and i went to the QVC website and went to the live chat and talked to someone right away. Or you can email the QVC social team at QVC.com. If that’s not right maybe Sue can explain how to do it.
      But when I had the same issue with the odor on the pants i just washed them and they were fine. So that might be the answer.
      Gail

Attachments:
    • Colleen
      Participant

Hi Gail,
      I am proud of her she is doing pretty good with Grayson. It is just sad that she has to do this at such a young age. She wasn’t ready for all this. I just hope that she goes thru with going to college and getting her degree. She is so smart. She was just made a manager at the place where she works. So she can do really good at anything she tries. She works at Kentucky Fried Chicken.
      They took Grayson to the doctor the other day and he weighs 18 pounds. He is so cute and smiles all the time until last night. It was hard to get him to smile but he finally did.
      i will wash them and see if that gets rid of the smell. I guess that I was just really cranky last night. We had a long day and I was ready to go to sleep. I really hat to see them doing this. They should have kept enough people to keep things going. They are still laying people off and that is sad. I cannot figure out why they have a channel that just shows reruns of shows from the main channel. What a waste.
      Not a lot going on here today. How are your kids and grand kids doing? I hope that Brent is moved into his home now.
      Have a good night.
      Colleen

• Gail Norusis
      Participant

Hi Colleen,
      Yes, it would be nice if Brook was a bit older but these things happen. I always worry about the young girls missing out on things that other young people are doing when they have a baby so young. They have to grow up so quickly. But I admire Brook for doing what needs to be done-and of course once the baby comes we love them fiercely and can’t imagine life without them. I too hope that she continues with her education. It makes it harder but it can be done. Jenny has a close friend who had a baby a little while after high school. She is a determined young woman and she did eventually marry the Dad a few years later and also went on to college and got her degree and then her masters and has a job in administration at a community college. She is a fabulous young woman-I know of all of Jenny’s friends Greg has a soft spot for her.
      I hope washing the pants will work out for you.
      The kids are doing fine. Still waiting on what will be happening for school this year as they normally go back a little after mid August so it is getting close. Jenny thought they would hear what’s supposed to happen around the beginning of August. I haven’t heard from Brent for a little bit so I’m not sure what is going on out there.
      Greg woke up in the middle of the night on Thursday with pain in his side and nausea and diarrhea. We thought maybe it was the diverticulitis again and know you need an antibiotic for that. So he called the doctor and they won’t even do a video chat and they won’t let you come in because those are some of the symptoms of covid-so they tell you to go to urgent care or the ER. So he went to urgent care and they said he has kidney stones again and a low grade UTI. So now he has to see a urologist to decide if they will zap the stones again or if he has to wait for them to pass. Poor Greg-he has been having a rough time lately. He has had kidney stones before so he is not looking forward to this. I hope he at least got a good nights rest. He didn’t wake me during the night to take him to the ER so that’s good. It’s hard now as normally I would go with him to urgent care or the Er but now they don’t want anybody else there that doesn’t need to be there and I personally don’t want to be around sick people either. However, if they zap the stones he will need me to drive him home so I guess i would wait outside or in the car or something. We will find out. I feel bad because both Greg and Brent have had kidney stones before and I know it is painful.
      Gail

Attachments:
    • adele shanbar
      Participant

Hey Gailster
      That’s a good idea with the Dove bars
      Amanda has still not watched Hamilton with me. She said it is too sad and it will make us cry
      Thank you for the compliments on the girls. Heather would be so proud
      It is still hot up here. We had huge storms yesterday. Still humid
      I did th hall closet yesterday. It was bad. Everybody just kept throwing stuff in there. It’s all organized and cleaned now. I was quite proud of myself. Cleaned out the food cabinet and hallway closet
      Cleaning is therapy. Lol
      Adele

• Anonymous
      Inactive

I was surprised today. My drivers license was to expire on 8/5 so I did my renewal online. Usually you get a card to take & have your photo taken. So I had heard they were extending licenses & figured they would just give more time to get photo taken. But today in the mail I got my new license good until 2024, They just used my old photo on it. So that is good for me won’t need to go have my photo taken. I do not know if it makes a difference but I got the regular license as I don’t think I will be flying anywhere anyway.
      I do have to go for a mammogram next week. I had an automated call & they are sending special instructions in the mail. I wonder if I will get them as they can never get a bill to me. They say my address is wrong. Funny when they send the bill in for collection that very same address works.

• adele shanbar
      Participant

Hey Gailster
      OMG… it was that we blew a hose in the pool, and were lucky Frankie saw it before the pool drained below the skimmer, and then the pump could have shorted out….LOL I hate the auto correct. I should take more time to read them again before I hit post….LOL I write too fast, trying to get them answered, and then….God help me….LOL
      I love the barn find….LOL
      So, I did the storage closet yesterday. A little sore today but not bad becasue i am still on the prednisone. It was a disaster. I found so many boxes of swiffer cloths for the floor and dusting. Heather kept telling me we were out of them- they were buried in the closet….LOl I have so many they will not need to buy any until I am long gone, and turning to dust….then they can Swiffer me up too!
      Still hot and humid up here- the weekend will be worst. Bad storms all day yesterday, but we were ok.
      Nancy bought me a beautiful huge Angel to put in my garden. Her and her son came down tonight to place her for me. She is gorgeous. Ill take a pic of her tomorrow. Ill have Amanda out a ribbon on her neck for me tomorrow. I am blessed with very good friends- here, and here at home. I am very lucky.
      Imagine me saying I am blessed and lucky? I guess i am trying to heal. trying to make a new normal for myself, with the goal of trying not to cry at every juncture. Have you noticed how emotional commercials are lately? Not to mention the political ones! It also seems a person is dying in at least every show I watch, accept the Hallmark ones, and they talk about the person who is no longer there! Seriously???
      hope you have a good night.
      Adele
      PS worried about DD in her area.

• adele shanbar
      Participant

Hey Sue!
      if I can make at least one person laugh a day, it is a good day. I need to make myself laugh now too…..God help me….LOL
      Adele

• adele shanbar
      Participant

Hey Sue
      I am getting the same thing up here. I am on hold forever trying to change beneficiaries with my bank, insurance policy, etc and closing Heather’s accounts. I spent all day on the phone today, from noon until 5. Got most done. Have two more to follow up with.
      Hope you are ok. Stay cool!
      Adele

• adele shanbar
      Participant

Colleen
      If the baby still has white on his tongue, he may need to be seen. I remember one of the girls had white on the tongue and it was Thrush. Especially if he is in day care. they put everything in their little mouths, and it is very easy for a baby to get- painful and itchy.
      No no….LOL I THOUGHT Marissa is pregnant by the look on her face when I saw her. I have rarely been wrong, though. I can catch it before they know they are- something by the look on a woman’s face that I seem to have a sixth sense with….LOL They all think I am nuts. I saw it on Heather’s face, Steph’s, and Marissa’s before they told anyone. She is saying no. She was throwing up today, and I said….see??? Then she said she took a test 2 weeks ago, and she was not. I guess we will have to wait to see if my radar was right or wrong….LOL
      I hope you were able to get the pool water clear. It is a shame not to be able to use it.
      Hope your evening is good- read the other posts for more info…LOL
      Adele

• adele shanbar
      Participant

OMG Gailster!
      How is Greg today? Did they decide to zap the stones, or try meds? That is just awful. Kidney stomes are very painful. I will add a prayer for him to pass them quickly, before anything needs to be done. Does he drink a lot of milk? I have heard that a lot of milk can cause them. I hope heis much better by today.
      This covid makes everything worst. You just cannot get the things you need when you do nto feel good, unless you want to risk your life by going to the ER.
      Have you heard anything more on Kim’s oldest daughter and her baby? I hope they are ok, and did not get sick at the hospital. that is nice that Brent stays in touch with them. Heather’s second x husband did nto attend the funeral. We were all surprised, as he continued to call, and keep in touch, he even up to the day before she died.

Colleen- how is the baby? Did the teeth come through yet? Sonny has two so far. He is very uncomfortable when he is teething. The poor little things. Teething us awful. Brook must be so tired becasue she is standing on her feet all day and then home to the baby. God bless her. She will be ok. She is doing it all, and you should be very proud of her. Sonny has his doctor appointment too. He got a couple more shots. Sonny is big for his age. I have trouble holding him- he must be over 20 lbs by now.

Sue How are things in your area? Is it as hot as up here? this is just too gross up here. Makes all the bones ache too.
      How have you been doing with the loss of your brother? I got a great book……”Its ok, that you’re not ok.” I really like it. I’m on the first chapter. It is right on target. Some parts will make you cry and some will not.
      have a good night.
      Adele

• adele shanbar
      Participant

OMG, Sue!
      It must be your birthday. Happy Birthday!!! Did you get yourself a nice cake? Or favorite piece of pastry? I hope you did.

Forgot to say…all deliveries are all messed up. Amazon has been tkaing forever on some things- one top took 2 months to get here. Some thing arrive in a week, instead of the one day, and some months to get here. It is very weird. I think like you- it is the lack of full staff that affects everything.

I loved Antonella. She was my favorite host of all. I ordered the Cheryls cookies for the women customers we have for Christmas gifts. We could even give those to the guys in the shops too. 6 gifts for 39 was a good deal. I also ordered an animated giraffe for the baby and the Yoda thing for Aizen. That was the extent of my holiday shopping for mow…oh, accept the Poo Pouri’s. I put those on everyone’s plates for a favor on Thanksgiving….LOL

Hope you all have a good night.
      Adele

• Colleen
      Participant

Hi Gail,
      Brook is really doing a good job. We think that she will succeed if she keeps up with what she is doing right now. We told we would help her with the baby while she is in school. So she will have a lot of help. He is a big boy and will be hard to carry around. I am hoping that he will be crawling and trying to stand. He is such a little doll.
      The kids in Tennessee will go back to school but it is up to the parents if they send them. They can chose not to and home school them. Kaylee tried to wear a mask around the house all day and go out side and play. She could not stand to wear the mask like that. So she will stay home the first semester and try again second semester. I do not know how they are going to get those kids wear a mask all day. They none of them really like to wear them. It is uncomfortable and hot if they are outside playing. The only time they can take them off is when they eat lunch. Ethan will go to school he is older and it does not bother him to wear the mask. So he will be fine. He will be in high school.
      Melissa gets kidney stones. She has had them blasted and this last time they put stents in to open them up so the stone would pass. She was really in a lot of pain until they took the stents out. I am not sure how many times they can do that. I feel sorry for Greg he will have a lot of pain. I can remember how bad Melissa use to feel.
      I will be saying an extra prayer for him tonight. Have a good night.
      Colleen

• Dianne Danielson
      Participant

Hi Ladies,
      Just a quick note. I’m fine. I’m safe. the protesters aren’t near me. they’re way downtown, not close by to me. At least 2-3 miles from here. I can’t even hear the noise.
      I’m still in lock down. I go to the store occasionally. Masks are required wherever you go. Some people are offended by it but if they’d rather end up on life support I guess that’s their choice. Just don’t get near me. IDIOTS!!!
      Well we’re in for some verrrry hot temps starting Sat. Sunday & Monday we’re in for possible 100 degree temps. It’s not to cool down till Thurs!!!
      Oh, I got some QF shorts or something a couple yrs or so ago & they had the most foul odor I packed em up. I sent Angel an email & she told me to return them & ask for a replacement. She apologized over & over in her email back to me. It smelt like mold or mildew, it was terrible. Washing won’t get rid of it. Unless they;re white you can’t bleach them.
      CIJ is on all day today (Sat.).
      Can you believe it’s almost Aug??
      I made a batch of brownies, so it’s time for me to go & get some!!
      Talk to ya later.
      Stay safe & stay well.
      dd

Attachments:
    • Colleen
      Participant

Hi Adele,
      When we went to Brook’s and looked at the babies it did not look white. So he was okay. He has two teeth on the bottom and is getting two on top. The top front teeth. He kept sucking his upper lip into his mouth and sucking on it. The poor little guy. Sonny sounds like he is having trouble also. This is the worse time for them. I hope that they get easier as they get more in.
      We put the bleach and stuff that you said to try. we will see tomorrow if it works. I am ready to give up. We have been trying and trying all summer and not being very successful. We may have to empty it out and put new water in it.
      That is cool that you can tell if a woman is pregnant by their face. Is it just your family or can you tell with other people also? I find that interesting. It will be interesting to see if you are right or not.
      You have really been busy cleaning. That is funny that you found all those swiffer pads in the bottom of the closet. It is hard to find things sometimes its especially hard when there are two people putting things away. At least you found them again.
      My packages have been late also. Everything QVC sends me is starting to go to a post office 60 miles away from us. They use to send them to a place called Earth City and we would get them right away. It is crazy.
      That was nice of your friend to buy you an Angel for your garden. It sounds really pretty. I like Angels they make such pretty ones and have such kind faces.
      Do they know what they are going to do with the kids for school this year? They have not decided for the kids that live in our area but they have for the kids in Tennessee. It will be interesting to see how they handle all of this.
      Well that is about all from here. Have a good night.
      Colleen

• adele shanbar
      Participant

Hey Colleen
      That’s awful that Melissa gets kidney stones too. they are very painful and doing the stints is nto comfortable either. Gary had stints in a few times, when his kidneys went down, and he almost died. One of his kidneys does not function and the other is at 70 or 80 %, I think.
      That is awful they are considering sending the kids back to school. I will say extra prayers for your daughter’s family. these are awful times. We have not heard the final decision on schools up here. The governor has all kinds of rules on when and if a school can open- they have to meet strict criteria, and from the looks if it, it will be very different. They are talking about half the kids on Mon and Tue, a deep cleaning on Wed, and half the kids on Thur and Fri.
      It is a weird thing about the faces of people when I THINK they are pregnant. So far, it has been family only….LOL If Marissa is not, this will be the first time I got “that feeling” and was wrong. It is that their faces all of a sudden look different. No rhyme or reason, just different, and it pops into my head….”pregnant”…..LOL We shall see.
      I will take a pic of the Angel and post it. She is so pretty. Nancy wanted to do something that would last, and not something that would not, and she knows how much I love Angels. She is a good friend, actually, my best friend.
      I forgot to ask- what kind of a filter do you have for the pool? You may have to change what is in it- either the sand or earth. Did you change it from last year, and clean the fingers out? It could be filled with debris. We have the filter on a timer- t goes on for 12 hours a day. But, when the water is cloudy, it needs to be left on until it clears. pools are a lot of work. Constant maintenance, and weekly things you have to add….like the baking soda and algaecide. Do you use the chlorine tablets for daily use of chlorine? We keep it in the skimmer, or in one of those floatie things that go around the pool.
      I hope you get the pool done so you can enjoy it. I will add extra prayers for your daughter and grands.
      I, like you, hope Sonny gets more mobile cause he is very heavy…LOL
      Have a good weekend.
      Adele

• adele shanbar
      Participant

Hey DD!
      I am glad you are safe. I was worried about you. It looks awful on the news. Scary too.
      So far, I have not seen anything of interest on the shows today. I don’t need any more decorations, as I am still purging. I did get Amanda an new holiday throw with cardinals on it, as she is now my bird feeder. When she goes out to feed them, they fly around her, and squawk. I think it is funny wen birds do that. She saw a hummingbird out there too. She has not seen any come out of the two new hummingbird houses yet. She said there were three cardinals around when she fed them earlier in the week. Amanda loves to garden and feed the birds. I am glad about that.
      It is going to be in the high 90’s all week here, with humidity. Totally gross.
      Stay cool, and safe.
      Praying and thinking of you all the time!!
      Adele

• Colleen
      Participant

Hi Adele,
      Melissa has gotten kidney stones off and on since she was in high school. They just put the stents last year. She has only had them once and hopefully she will not have to go thru that again. I did not know that the stents were that painful. She had them blasted and had to pass them on her own. That is the best way when she can do it on her own.
      I would like to see a picture of the Angel. I love Angels and I have a few but end up giving them away. I have given my one niece a couple of Angels after her husband committed suiside. She has a lot of them by now.When my mom died we gave her the Angels that mom had at her house.
      We are using the filters that were recommended by the manufacturer. They are the c filter. We have decided to empty the pool and just forget about it for this year. We are deciding if we want to sell it or give it to one of the kids if they will take it.
      I think that it is really cool that you can tell by the girls faces. I wish that I could. It would not have been such a big surprise when Brook got pregnant. Maybe we could have talked it all out.
      Well that is about all from here. Have a good night and take care.
      Colleen

• adele shanbar
      Participant

Hey Colleen
      I’m so sorry you did not get to use your pool. I wish I could have said something to help you fix the problem.
      I hope Melissa does not have any more kidney stones. She has been added to m prayer wish’s every night
      I attached two pics of the Angel and a pic of all the Pesto sauce I made today. I made 6 batches. Lol. I used up all the basil I cut last week. There is more to harvest out the again. Lol If I can stand it out there, I’ll go on th the deck to cut more tonight. It’s so gross out there
      Bobby bbq’d tonight. He did steak with mushrooms and rice. It was good
      I made a huge mess today. When I was putting away the sauces, the jar of garlic in olive oil I did fell on the floor and broke. What a mess olive oil and garlic everywhere. Then while putting the wet Swiffer pad on the pole, the pole hit my glass of water and the water was everywhere. I sure made a big disaster to clean. I would have killed Gary if he did that. Lol. Lol
      The girls (Amanda and Marissa)went to their Aunt’s for a bbq today. It’s their fathers sister. All their relatives were going. I’m glad they went. They need some fun
      Hope you have a good night
      Adele

Attachments:
    • adele shanbar
      Participant

Colleen
      Sorry. I forgot to say how bad I feel for your cousin. It is awful to live with knowing your husband committed suicide. That poor woman. Prayers sent her way
      Adele

• Dianne Danielson
      Participant

Hi Ladies,
      I hope everyone is okay. Is anyone in the path of any of the storms? I know one hit Texas & one is headed to Hawaii, but I thought there was a third one, but maybe I misunderstood.
      It got up to 100 today & expected to again tomorrow..UGH. It was the hottest July 26th on record. Two yrs ago most of July was in the 90s, but so far I could count the # of days 90 or above on one hand. The first half was cooler than normal. Yay!!
      I took pics of my apt so I’ll try to send em along with this post. Like I told ya before I sit here pretending I’m on my private island(s).
      Boy, what a weekend for losing stars. Regis on Friday, Olivia de Havilland, & John I Saxon within hrs of each other. I watched Regis since the beginning. He was hilarious. I sure missed him when he left. I’m not crazy about Ryan Seacrest at all. Regis was just himself, no pretense. and when he’d show up on David Letterman my ribs would ache from laughing so hard. Aside from Johnny Carson, nobody could make me laugh like Reege.
      I have a feeling I won’t sleep much tonight. The bedroom will be an oven since I don’t have AC in there. We don’t have central air here. And we’re not allowed window ACs so we have to use portable type. and it;s a big hassle to move this one in there. I’m not set up for it in there anyway.
      Well, I guess I better go for tonight.
      take care & stay safe.
      dd

Attachments:
    • Colleen
      Participant

Hi Adele,
      We probably should have drained the pool sooner. If it was the beginning of summer I would spend the money and refill it. It is too late in the summer to do that now. I would get it in and have to drain it all out next year.
      The Angel is really pretty. It was so nice that she put it in the garden for you.She put it in the right spot. Your pesto sauce looks really good. Do you put that on the fresh tomatoes and cucumbers? It looks like it would be pretty good on them. We are getting a lot of fresh vegetables right now. I like this time of year when you want a fresh tomato you just go out to the garden and pick one. We have cucumbers and green onions and green peppers. Ron plants too many hot peppers and we will have them until late fall.
      It is nice that they went to a bbq today. That probably took their minds off their mom’s death for a day. I hope that they had a really good day. They went to a bbq and Bobby fixed dinner for you. So you had a good day also.
      This sounds like your day for accidents. I know what you mean about spilling oil. That is a mess and hard to clean. I do not know an easy way to clean it up.
      That was my nieces husband. He jumped off the roof of a really high building and no one knows why. She is doing a lot better now and so is her son. The priest at her church really helped thru all of that.
      Well that is all from here. Have a great night.
      Colleen
      p.s. thanks for the prayers for both her and Melissa.

• Colleen
      Participant

Hi DD.
      The smell on my jeans are like glue or the dye from the pants. I am going to try to wash them and see if the smell will come out of them. This is the first time that it has happened to me.
      That is awful that you do not have central air. What type is it? That is not right that they will not let you have window air conditioners. I do not imagine that their homes are without air. You really do not need to be hot all summer.
      This has been a hard time for stars. The ones who have passed were good actors and Regis was a good talk show host. He sure did love his family. He talked about them all the time. I also loved Olivia Dehavillon. She was good in Gone With the Wind and the one where she played Custers wife. I cannot remember the name of it. She always played such a gracious lady. John Saxon was a surprise. I had not heard that. I did not realize that he was that old. It is just sad.
      I like the pictures that you posted. That would love to be on a beach and just wash the water. I am afraid of sharks so do not want to get the the water. I do not want to be a snack for one of them. Well I guess it would be a big family meal. lol
      We went to Wal Mart the other day and people wore their masks into the store but took them off as they were shopping. I thought that was really stupid. Why would you do that. The people in the store never say anything just when you come in the door. They need to enforce their rule or do not make people wear them as they come in if they can take them off while shopping.
      Well that is all from here. Have a great night and try to stay cool.
      Colleen

• Gail Norusis
      Participant

Hi Everyone.
      Sue, it is funny how they always seem to be able to get the mail to you when they are sending the bill.
      DD, I saw this morning that you are due for some hot weather. It will be hot sleeping without the AC in the bedroom. I think I would stay out in the living room and sleep on the couch just to stay cool.
      Adele, now you have enough swiffer pads for the next few years. I do the same thing. I buy things and then they get put somewhere and i forget so i buy more. lol I wonder what happened. I used to be so organized in my younger years.
      Yikes! All that oil on the floor. How did you manage to clean it up without slipping and sliding yourself.
      I do like your angel. it’s so pretty! I also like to keep angels around my house.
      I saw some new temptations dishes the other morning, a little girl mummy platter, very cute and a candy corn platter and bowl. I keep looking at the candy corn as I am always drawn to that color combo-I’m thinking.
      Greg has an appointment with the urologist tomorrow. So far the pain has not come back but it’s just a matter of time. The thing that drives me crazy is the strainer that they have to use when they pee. I’ll be happy when that thing is no longer around. I do have to laugh when he carries the bag with him when he goes up to bed at night. Or he goes up and then comes right back because he forgot to bring it with him. lol
      Colleen, I can’t believe that Ethan is in high school now. How time flies. We still haven’t heard what is in store for the kids here. One thing for sure-they will always remember this year and tell their kids and grands stories about it.
      Did you see the couple in Minnesota that wore swastikas on their masks in Walmart?
      As to no one enforcing the people with their masks down inside the stores. it has become a problem as people are becoming very belligerent when approached about it by store workers so stores are choosing to let it slide. I mean they can’t have armed enforcers and some people are just choosing to be ignorant and confrontational about it. it makes me so sad and mad that our country has come to this-people refusing to do something that is for the benefit of all. We have become such a selfish society. As long as people refuse to comply the virus will just linger and be passed for longer and longer-but people are so concerned about their “individual” rights being taken away. So they have the right to spread their germs around? I am really disgusted by the things that are going on. None of the other countries in the world will let Americans in because of our high Covid numbers. Doesn’t that tell people something. If people would just cooperate we could all make things better together. sometimes I’d just like to hit people over the head with an anvil! lol
      Gail

Attachments:
    • Colleen
      Participant

Hi Gail,
      That is really funny that nurse got the mom instead of the little girl. The place she got stabbed must be painful. That is just funny I hope that nurse has quit giving shots.
      We had something happen here that I could not believe. This man and woman were sitting on their patio having dinner at their home in a gated neighborhood. These people that are supposed to be protesting the death of that young man went on those peoples property with guns and threatened these people. They called the police and the police were told not to go so then they called a security company and they were told that they could not come. So they got guns out and protected themselves. They did not shoot they just showed these people that they were not going to let them go into their home and destroy it. So after all this happened the prosecutor of St. Louis had them arrested their legally registered guns taken away from them ans she is going to press charges. There was a lot of protesting from the people that the demonstrators were not charged just the home owners that the Govenor has said if she follows thru they will pardon the couple that was defending their home. This is going too far. I hope this is making sense.
      It is hard to believe that Ethan is going into High School. He is really excited taking this next step. He is starting to talk about getting his driver license. That is what is really hard to believe. He is getting a little ahead of himself on the driving but he is getting excited.
      I remember the strainer thing. They finally told Melissa to use coffee filters and they work really well. It was not hard to keep them in both bathrooms. It was strange but as long as it worked. I hope for Greg’s sake he passes the stones on his own. Melissa preferred then having to have any treatment done. I will keep praying for him.
      How stupid was that for those people to wear swastikas on their masks. What are they trying to do start more trouble? What is the matter with people today.
      Those temptation dishes sound really cute. The candy corn dishes make me think of my grandma. She always had candy corn at her house. She had it sitting on the table and we could eat as much as we wanted. Except when my mom caught us and she would make us quit.
      Colleen

• Gail Norusis
      Participant

Hi Colleen,
      That meme with the shot was funny! I wonder what a shot in the boob would feel like. Of course i don’t want to find out for myself. lol
      Yes, that story about the couple was in the news everywhere. It’s interesting because depending who is reporting the story it can make them sound like they are bad and threatening innocent marchers or they were really scared for their lives and property and were trying to defend themselves. it just shows how different shows can bend news stories to support their point of view. I take everything I see on the news now with a grain of salt and figure the truth is probably somewhere in the middle. I can remember when the news actually reported facts that were checked and now all the news has a point of view. I swear this whole world has gone crazy and good honest values have flown out the window in favor of people’s own private agenda. Some days I just despair and wonder where we all are headed. I’m glad that we live out in the country where we can sort of hide ourselves away. I know that is sticking my head in the sand but it’s the only thing that gives me peace right now.
      I remember when we started high school we always looked forward to that day of getting our licenses too. it was a teenage right of passage when we were kids. I had a late in the year birthday so I was one of the last to get a license.
      Isn’t it funny how me talking about a candy corn plate triggered that memory for you about your grandma. Doesn’t it seem like everyone’s grandma had some sort of candy dish? I know I try to keep one for our grands too. lol It’s a grandma tradition!
      We are finally getting lots of good veggies. My favorite time of year.
      Gail

Attachments:
    • adele shanbar
      Participant

Hi DD
      I hope you have been able to sleep. It is gross up here. Today will be the worst day with storms this afternoon
      Your state Looks scary on TV. #45 is insane along with his AG
      I had a tough day yesterday. The night before I cried myself to sleep and I cried every once in a while yesterday too. I was just an emotional day for no reason accept being very sad. Better today just very tired
      Hope you are ok
      Adele

• adele shanbar
      Participant

Omg Colleen
      That is such a tragic story. Your poor niece. She must have been devastated
      I don’t have veggies in my garden. I only have herbs on the deck window boxes.
      It is nice to have your own veggies!!
      It is so hot up here. Gross
      You can use the jar of Pesto with a lb of pasta/macaroni, or use it in crackers etc
      Marissa is arranging for abMedium to come to the house for a reading. I’ll probably cry through the whole thing….. lol
      Hope you are keeping cool and safe!
      Adele

• adele shanbar
      Participant

Hey Gailster
      I am disgusted with the citizens of this country too for their utter stupidity where this virus is concerned. We have lost so many lives for nothing. I keep saying….. what is wrong with people…..
      I hope Greg gets good results at his urologist apt today.
      I’m watching the Senate hearing with the criminal we call the AG He is nothing less than a thug for organized crime as far as I am concerned
      I hope the heat finally breaks this afternoon. This is awful for people who have to go out and work in it
      I hope your area is better than us
      Adele

• adele shanbar
      Participant

Gail and Colleen
      That story about that couple did not make it up here yet, or I missed it. Wow
      Adele

• Barbara Smith
      Participant

Hello everyone. Been a little under the weather, but am doing better. I’ve been so sleepy late in the afternoon every day. When I fall asleep I sleep hard and it seems to keep me awake late at night. Gail I hope Gregg has passed his stones. I know they are so painful until you get them out. Something that tiny feels huge I’ve been told. The drugstore here sells those filter stone collectors. I especially love your memes on our challenges as we age. I think the nurse needs to face facts career wise: she has passed her expiration date as a nurse lol love how the child was crying but poor mom was experiencing the pain…..
      Heard from my brother in New Orleans tonight. He said they are having lots of flooding and stormy weather there. He was walking with a friend of his and a snake bit the man on his tennis shoe, but thankfully did not break the skin. He described it to me and based on the fact it didn’t race off I think it was a copperhead very dangerous aggressive reptile. John said they were on a concrete walk. Hard to believe but they are out there.
      I get discouraged too in how it seems we can’t get past some issues and all work together to irradicate this disease that I for one am not completely satisfied anyone really agrees on what it is or what it is doing to us all. To openly destroy our history, as a great man said, dooms us to repeat history. And as this is teaching me, people are so hardheaded and don’t even seem to want to listen to anyone else’s view. But I agree Gail, the news seemed so different years ago. And the reporters. I was shocked the first time I heard reporters talking over the president, since I had not ever heard that before. I always knew there are conflicting opinions. Times are so different now. It hurts me to hear little ones repeat ugly words or see them in cars where ugly words are playing. Guess I’m really showing my age. Whenever I heard one of our little ones say something inappropriate I would just say “your face is too handsome for an ugly word to slip out of your mouth” and that seemed to work, at least temporarily lol Even Neal said, mama you all were right, Colin has excellent memory for what we hope he forgets ha ha
      Adele and Sue, praying for you all as you bravely face each day. Take care of yourselves. Adele I don’t think there is an explanation why each day and night is different. I’m here if you ever want to talk.
      Be careful DD. I’m not sure how I could handle all you have to face. Colleen, you take care of your sweet baby. Hope his little teeth are through by now Barb

• adele shanbar
      Participant

Hey Barbara
      Thank you for the great suggestion on little ones with bad words. That is so cute. Ill have to use that one!
      I had to sign back on here again today, and it kept telling me that was nto my password, and it was. So, I had to change it. Very weird.
      It is gross up here. Still has nto cooled off. But the humidity is down a little today, and will go back up tomorrow again. I need to bake and I do nto want to put the oven on. This house needs to smell good again from baking.
      Gary said this is an unhappy home. I objected to that comment. I said it is a sad home, and the only thing that will make it better is the smell of baking. But, the weather is not cooperating. I just hate to use the oven when it goes over 90. Not good, as the central air has enough to keep up with, without me adding more heat.
      So, Marissa, Pina and baby visited yesterday- unexpectedly. I got so happy, I cried. I ahve to stop doing that becasue even the baby has a sad face when I cry…even though they are happy tears.
      So, here is a funny about Heather you will get a kick out of. I had a pretty good day yesterday- no bouts of crying, until I talked to the AAA man. Marissa could nto find her new card, and thought maybe in all the craziness I had forgotten to renew her. So, I call AAA. nice man checks on members, and says…..is it Heather you are looking for? I reply….”No, she no longer drives, she flies”. Nice man says…excuse me? I say, That’s my daughter and she recently died.” I cry, and he feels so bad. Starts telling me how sorry he was, and of all the names, he picks that one to say. I tell him no problem, but we should probably remove her membership anyway. LOL LOL Its those little unexpected name announcements that get you right in the heart. Come out of nowhere. When I told Marissa and Pina they died laughing! They said I traumatized the poor AAA man. And, so I did….LOL It gave me a little chuckle after I stopped crying, and THAT is all that counts…..LOL Sounds a little selfish, doesn’t it? No star or me yesterday. OMG….remember when we were little and the teacher put those pretty gold little stars on our work?? We were so thrilled. We need to get those for ourselves now. Everyone needs a star when they are good. I am going to see if I can get them on Amazon- they have everything…..LOL
      I hope you do nto run into any nasty snakes in your yard. That is the only animal I do not like. Sneaky, slithering nasty things….yuck.
      Stay safe and cool!
      Did you see AGT last night? is it me, or do the acts stink this year???LOL
      Adele

• adele shanbar
      Participant

Barb…forgot to say…I hope you are feeling better! Where are my manners???
      Adele

• Anonymous
      Inactive

Adele I remember the gold stars on our papers in grade school. Speaking of stars I wore my Quacker Factory shirt with little gold stars to my brother’s funeral. I have a black one & a white one. It was a set of two.
      I don’t know what happened but my electric was off for a little over 2 hours earlier. It was not storming the sun was out. Someone must have hit a pole.
      I don’t think the acts on AGT are bad. Maybe you think that because they were performing at home without an audience

• Dianne Danielson
      Participant

Hi Ladies,
      I’m sitting here with a movie on, Jaws. With all the news about sharks & shark attacks it brought Jaws to mind.
      We had a nice cooler day Tues, but it’s heating up again. It should cool off for the weekend. It’s not up to 100, at least. Yeah, with all that construction they did yrs ago, you’d think they would’ve put in some kind of cooling system. But no, not for us anyway. they made sure the offices got it tho.
      I hope you’re feeling better Barbara. the heat gets to me too. I get sleepy in the afternoon. OH gosh, I almost passed out reading about the snake. I;m terrified of them!!! I’m glad the guy didn’t get bit.
      Adele, I’m surprized you believe in mediums. I think they;re a scam. You do know that when you see a butterfly or a cardinal it means a loved one is there. we don’t have cardinals out here. We have crows instead. I hate em!!
      I must’ve slept on my left side or neck wrong cuz it hurts to turn my head to the left today, always something hurting.
      the protests continue nightly. At this point it’s pointless. From what I gathered from the news today, some of the Fed. officers will be leaving soon, but some will remain.
      Well, I guess that’s all for now.
      I’m safe from the protests, as they’re downtown & I’m far enough away I can’t even hear the noise.
      take care, stay safe.
      dd

Attachments:
    • Colleen
      Participant

Hi Gail,
      We hear a lot about it here. It happened in St. Louis. Their neighbors all made sure that the gates were put back up right away. It is scary that this could happen in our country. The prosecutor in Missouri is not good at all. She is running again this year and I do not think that she will get reelected. Some of the protesters that were there she had let go without any reason. They were in on the burnings and other crimes. They should have never let go. I can remember when they reported the news and not their opinions. I do not want to know that I just want the news.
      Ron is getting stubborn this year. He is giving veggies away but they have to come here to get them he will not take them to their house. Last he drove all over the place giving people veggies because we had so many. I do not know why hot peppers grow so much better then the green peppers. We always have a lot of them into the fall.
      I still cannot believe that my older granddaughters still do not have their drivers license. I have tried to get my oldest to get hers but she hasn’t yet. The youngest has tried twice and failed it. Her boyfriend is trying to help her but he is not a good driver either. We keep trying to tell her that but she will not listen.
      I had Aliza and Grayson here yesterday. We watched them all day and will never do it again. We were both so worn out by the time they went home. It is not good to watch a 4 yr old and a baby. They both want all the attention. Aliza wants to take care of the baby and tell us how to do it. It was funny in a way but then got kind of tiresome. So we will kept telling her that we love her and him. They are both use to getting all the attention.
      We gave Amanda a water melon. Well she went to cut it up and it was making a weird noise and it exploded all over the place. She said it was just like when a soda fizzes over. She said it was all over her and Grayson and her kitchen. Ron told her that is why we always cut into a water melon out side instead of in the kitchen. It was funny when she was telling us about.
      Colleen

• Colleen
      Participant

Hi Adele,
      I have never gone to a medium.I am not sure that they know what they say is true. I never want to know the future just take what comes. If this is going to upset you maybe you should not sit thru it. Do not do anything that will just upset you more.
      The heat was bad here also. We have been having a lot of rain and storms here. Last night I could not do much on here because of the storms. I get tired of them. It is supposed to storm again tonight. I hope they are wrong.
      I wrote everything that is going on here on Gail’s post There has been a lot going on here and cannot rewrite it. Today was not as bad. I finally went and got my hair cut. There was no one in the shop but me and the beautician. She is handling really well. She washes everything down when she gets done with you and nobody comes in the shop until she is done. She is the only one in there it has always been that way. So I felt like it was safe to go there.
      Well not much else going on here today. Have a great night and stay safe.
      Colleen

• Colleen
      Participant

Hi Barbara,
      I hope you are feeling better. I think it is from staying in the house so much it is getting to all of us. You just get bored and sick of being home. We have been getting out a little more. Just wear a mask every where we go. We went to Elephant Rock yesterday and took our granddaughter. She got to walk on the rocks and got tired. We had a good time. The baby came to our house after we got home. So a busy day and evening.
      Those storms have really been rough. I do not think they are as bad as the ones a few years ago. I still would not want to live where they are having those storms. Hurricanes have to be worse then tornadoes . A tornado hits and moves on Hurricanes stay around for awhile. There is no place to go to get away from them.
      The baby is crawling on his stomach pulling with his arms and pushing with his feet. He gets around really well. He is also cutting teeth. He has two on the bottom and getting the two top teeth now. He is really having a rough time of it.
      Well that is about all from here. I hope your little grandson is doing okay and all the rest of the family. Have a great night and stay safe.
      Colleen

• Gail Norusis
      Participant

Hi DD,
      I wonder when the trouble in Portland will ever end. I can’t help but wonder if a lot of those protestors are people who have been laid off of work. I would think under ordinary circumstances most of those people would have had to have returned to their jobs. At this point they seem to be accomplishing nothing but terrorizing people. Once again-I just have a hard time believing what is happening in this country. It makes me sad and fearful.
      I love the cardinal quilt. I just love quilts! I forgot that you don’t have cardinals out there. I remember our friend Debbie from Medford had told us that. I wonder what poor soul possessed the body of that cardinal who threw himself against our family room window and deck door for four years. He was an ongoing story and the true illustration of bird brain as he could never figure out what he was seeing was his own reflection not a rival for the affection of his mate. He may have been around before you came on the Quacker site. He was famous as people would ask if he was still around. lol
      I hope your neck feels better. it’s always something as we age.
      Gail

Attachments:
    • Gail Norusis
      Participant

Sue,
      I remember those gold stars too.
      We get those weird outages too sometimes. Or sometimes the power will go out for a minute and come right back.
      I think you had to go for a mammogram. I hope that turned out well.
      How are things in Penn. otherwise?
      Do you live in a town or out in the country. How far do you have to go to shop?
      Gail

Attachments:
    • Gail Norusis
      Participant

Hi Barbara,
      I hope that you are feeling better today.
      I like what you told your kids when they used bad words. Neal is right-the kids always repeat the words that we don’t want them to-they seem to have a 6th sense about that. lol
      Wow, your brother’s friend was lucky. I can’t believe the copperhead was right where they were walking on pavement. I know snakes like to sun themselves. We used to see a lot more snakes when we were little. Or maybe I’m just not out walking through the wild anymore. I did once have a pet garden snake when I was a kid. I grew out of that though as I no longer care for snakes. I know many snakes eat pests and they are fine as long as thye are not by me. lol It’s the poisonous snakes that really terrify me.
      Years ago my brother had a wedding in the country outside of Austin. It was outdoors and right before we got there they had seen a rattler in the yard. Well that was it for me. All afternoon I spent my time looking at the ground. i couldn’t tell you what any of the guests faces looked like but I could tell you what shoes they were wearing. lol
      Gail

Attachments:
    • Gail Norusis
      Participant

HI Adele,
      I just think AGT is different this year without an audience. I noticed the same thing with The Voice and American Idol too. The audience kind of makes these shows.
      Is this the same medium that Marrisa or was it Amanda went to? I think it will be interesting. Will Gary be there. If you cry that’s okay-I would cry too. I’m sure your feelings will be up and down for many many months to come. I think it’s part of the process that a person goes through. Feelings are very complicated and they don’t just stop after a certain period of time. I wish people would understand that.
      Well they cannot zap the stones in that waterbath thing for Greg this time as they are too far down. so he will either have to pass them or if they are not passed in two weeks he has to go back and then they will do a procedure where they have to go inside and get them which sounds awful too. They put him on Flowmax temporarily to help-so we’ll see what happens. Poor Greg here I am discussing his stones with a bunch of women that he doesn’t even know. lol
      Gail

Attachments:
    • Gail Norusis
      Participant

Hi Colleen,
      I cannot believe that the girls don’t have their licenses either. I think our kids got theirs the day after their birthdays. lol
      I was actually glad since then they could drive themselves. I know some days i was driving back and forth into town five or six times a day. Out in the country you can’t get around without driving. usually the kids want the sense of independence that driving gives them.
      You will need two days to rest to get over having a four year old and a baby. i know I can’t keep up like i used to.Aliza is funny. It sounds like she likes to be in charge. lol
      Did you grow the watermelon. We never have luck growing melons. They are just too tiny. I never heard of a watermelon exploding before. That must have been a mess! Did you ever have one explode? I wonder what causes it. When you said Amanda said it was making a noise i thought maybe there was a snake inside or something-although i don’t know how that could happen.
      Feom now on I will listen to my watermelons. lol
      Gail

Attachments:
    • adele shanbar
      Participant

Hey Sue!
      We used to get those little gold stars on the top of out papers in grade school. I used to love to get one….LOL
      I think it is just me. I am in desperate need of acts that make me stop thinking….
      Our electricity blinked twice yesterday. Freaked me out, as it was over 100, and I owuld have ended up the Jeep until it came back. I htink the electricity is overworked with all this heat. I have done my part….no cooking….LOL LOL
      Hope it is cooler at your place. We are about to get some storms.
      Adele

• adele shanbar
      Participant

Hey DD
      I think a lot of people who say they are mediums are not. You need to research the people a little, or get a recommendation from someone. I believe that messages get through somehow, and if you are lucky it can bring you some peace. I hope we will be lucky, cause we need some peace, or an answer as to why. The why on Heather’s death is killing me. It would be nice to get the autopsy report too. That would at least give us the how. I need answers, becasue this whole death is so senseless. She had so many people who supported her, and loved her.
      We are about to get blasted with a thunderstorm…..
      Hope your day is going well,the Federal police leave, and you get back to peace in your area. This is all so disturbing. I hate when things are not safe.
      Please stay safe!
      Adele

• adele shanbar
      Participant

Hey Colleen
      I have never heard that happen before. What makes the watermelon explode??
      Adele

• adele shanbar
      Participant

Hey Colleen
      That is funny about Aliza. She wants to be the Mom. How cute. I bet you guys were exhausted. That’s a lot of work. fun though….LOL
      I am glad you were able to get your hair cut. That is a good thing. I need to get mine done. I am losing my hair, and it is worst this time than before. I have a huge mound of hair on the sink when I comb my hair out after I wash it. I hope it stops soon, or I am going to be bald.
      A medium does nto tell the future. they channel your loved ones who are gone, and if you are lucky you get a little message of comfort from one of your loved ones. You can tell if they are genuine if they say things nobody would ever know or be able to figure out from social media. Marissa would not say a lot of things the medium told her, as she felt it was too upsetting for me to hear. Maybe she will eventually share it.
      The storm is right on us- it is pouring cats and dogs!
      I hope it is cooler at your place. It is gross up here. Worst than Florida!!
      Adele

• adele shanbar
      Participant

Hey Gailster
      that’s ok, as I discussed Gary’s when he ended up in the hospital twice for his kidneys. They are very hard to pass, and very painful. I hope he passes them himself.
      I love the meems, and DD;s pics. I keep forgetting to say that. You guys will have to cut me a little slack, as i am sure I am forgetting things you are writing about. I hope I do not miss anything important. I am just so emotional, it is hard to keep everything straight….LOL
      I heard we may get a hurricane. I hope our roof holds. So far, since the last repair, it has nto leaked at all.
      Nancy is coming for brunch tomorrow- we will order out of course….LOL
      We have been watching recorded shows on TV as everything seems to be repeats. I do like some of the game shows. I love the Steve Harvey Family Feud- that is my favorite.
      We have a lot of cardinals in the yard, according to Amanda, especially when she feeds the birds. I got her the cardinal throw form the Q. I gave it to her already….LOL
      I hope you guys are cooler than us……
      Adele

• Colleen
      Participant

Hi Gail,
      Aiza does like to be in charge and gets upset when things do not go her way. We usually will let her when it is just us but not when the other kids are here. Danyielle does not let her either. She tries to get what she wants when she is at home with Owen. They do not let her get away with it then either. Once in a while Owen will let her but Danyielle always steps in.
      Kylie works and they still have to drive her to and from work. She has now decided that she needs to drive so she can do what she wants. She just will not go get them. I may see if she will let me take her if they are doing it again. I know that they quit for awhile because of the covid virus.
      Ron bought the water melon at a produce stand. He bought a bunch of peaches and watermelon and cantalopes. That was the first watermelon that I have heard of exploding. She said that it had a bad spot in it sow will have to look it up and see what causes it to happen.That was funny though. I can just see her face when it happened. We cannot grow any type of melons here. We have tried before but it does not happen. I would love to be able to grow our own just can’t figure out how to get them to grow.
      I am so glad that you are sending the memes again. We always get a good laugh. I showed my girls the one with the shot and they were laughing and wondering how that would feel. I don’t have to wonder I know that it has to hurt.lol
      Well that is all from here. I got my hair cut yesterday and it was really safe. We were the only ones in the shop and no one came in until I was gone.So she is doing a good job of doing this. She washed the chair where I was sitting and the door handle and everything that more then one person would touch.
      Have a good night.
      Colleen

• Colleen
      Participant

Hi Adele,
      That is scary when your hair starts to fall out like that. Do you think that it is from all the worry you have had. It is probably good Marisa did not tell you what was said. Maybe she did not take it very well when the medium told her. I was thinking of a that other kind. I can’t spell it . I am really a bad speller tonight.
      It was fun to to have them both. It is too much work though. It is funny to watch Grayson crawl like he does. He should lose a lot of weight crawling like that. Aliza does like to be the boss. She just does not know how to. It was fun to be around her and him and see how they act together. He is going to have a mind of his own also. He is cutting teeth on top now he has two on bottom. It is so rough on little ones when they cut teeth. How is Sonny doing? Is he getting teeth yet? I think you said that he has his two bottom teeth like Grayson. It is going to be rough on the little ones.
      It has been really hot here also. We have had storms and then today we did not have any but are supposed to have some tomorrow. I am tired of the storms wish that they would just be rain and nothing else. It would be nice if we would just get a nice slow rain.
      We have been trying to empty the pool but every time we get it about get it done it rains again and then there is more in there. This may take longer then we thought it would.
      Colleen

• Dianne Danielson
      Participant

Hi Ladies,
      I have the Q on. It’s the last day of CIJ so it’ll be Christmas all day. The TSV is Bethlehem lights. I ordered the 9′ garland in the white. It sure looks beautiful.
      I don’t know when the protests will stop. The Feds are leaving & the state police are coming in. The local police cleaned out the people who were occupying the parks across the street from the fed. bldg.
      They do to protesting overnight. They start gathering around sunset, but the violence starts after midnight & ends around dawn. So then volunteers do the clean up the next morning.
      Did anyone watch the funeral for John Lewis this morning? I missed a good portion of it, but I did see
      former Pres. Obama give his eulogy to him. I missed the others tho. Don’t get me started on a$$hole in the White House!!!! He’s CRAZY!!! I wonder what the rest of the country thinks of his rudeness? I hope he loses in a landslide!!!
      Hey don’t be too upset about the girls not having their licenses yet. They have time!! I was in my 30s before I got mine!! I took drivers ed in high school & my father blew a gasket!! He would NEVER let me drive the car, or get me a car!!! It’s a good thing they don;t live in this day & age!! The kids would never survive.
      It was hot again today, but cooler air off the Pacific is coming in. Looking forward to that!!
      I can’t believe Aug. starts on Sat.!!!
      I never heard of a watermelon exploding like that. Weird. I hope they got it all cleaned up, cuz it really stinks when it gets hot.
      Better get going, take care, stay safe!!
      dd

Attachments:
    • Dianne Danielson
      Participant

Hi,
      I forgot to say my neck is better today. I took a couple aspirin before going to bed last night & it worked! I woke up just fine. At least I turn my head without pain.
      dd

• Dianne Danielson
      Participant

Hi Ladies,
      Just a quick note. The Feds are gone & there were no arrests last night. In fact, it was quite peaceful downtown. there were protesters, but they were peaceful & actually shutdown some trouble makers. They put out fires, stopped those that were climbing the fence, & that was the biggest difference. The Oregon State police were there instead of the feds, & it made a HUGE difference. No fires, no ‘kidnapping’ of people off the streets, no flash bangs, tear gas, no violence. They broke up by 1 am & left & went home. That hadn’t happened in months. Even grannies are down there. a group called “Grannies for Justice” or something to that affect.
      The BIG test will be this weekend. It may have been quieter last night but what about tonight.
      did I tell ya they don;t protest during the day, just overnight. Go figure.
      that’s all for now.
      take care, stay safe.
      dd

Attachments:
    • Colleen
      Participant

Hi DD,
      I forgot about the Christmas in July shows being on today. I missed them will have to look on here and see what they have. I have been ordering Christmas gifts already. I have bought a few things and have a few people bought for. It makes it nice then I do not have all that expense at one time.
      It was nice that the mayor let the state police do something. Maybe if he would have done that a long time ago it would have stopped. It is good that it is calming down and the people are taking a hand in stopping it. That is the best way to get it stopped. I wish more people would do the same every where. If they see that people are tired of this maybe it will stop.
      I jst wish that the girls would start driving. Where we live we do not have buses or cabs. We may have one cab company but have never seen them. They are not around here much. It would be too expensive to take a cab out here we live too far away from things. That is the only thing about living in the country or in a small town.
      I still have to look that up about what makes a water melon explode. I had never heard of it but it sure makes a mess. I am glad that it happened at her house and not ours. I cannot imagine cleaning that mess up.
      I really like the pictures you posted. I like the ones of the houses and the snow. The pictures of the water are so calming. They make you feel relaxed. Thanks for posting them.
      Have a great day. Stay safe.
      Colleen

• Gail Norusis
      Participant

Starting up new August thread. See you all there.

Viewing 146 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Share on Facebook
Facebook
Pin on Pinterest
Pinterest
Tweet about this on Twitter
Twitter
Email this to someone
email

Share this with a Smile
X Close
Watch QVC
top finds links QVC LIVE QVC PLUS QVC UK