Quacker Talk-January 20202019-12-31T17:47:47-05:00

Home Forums General Quacker Chatter Quacker Talk-January 2020

Viewing 141 reply threads
  • Author
      Participant

Happy New Year! I hope that 2020 is a wonderful year for all our Quacker community.

• Gail Norusis
      Participant

Whoops I forgot to post my pictures. The dogs distracted me. lol

Attachments:
    • Gail Norusis
      Participant

Okay-it didn’t like those. Lets try these.

Attachments:
    • Colleen
      Participant

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!! I hope everyone has a great year without illness.
      Colleen

• Anonymous
      Inactive

Happy Healthy 2020.

Gail I love all the animal photos. So you are dog sitting. Did you hear that Angel & Glen lost sweet Lucy? They are heartbroken as we all are when we lose our furry friends.

• adele shanbar
      Participant

Hi Sue and Gail
      I did hear that Angel lost her dog. What an awful time for that to happen.
      Hope everyone had a good New years Eve. We watched a movie- Burlesque, with Cher and Christina Angiulera. It was really good. I love Cher. Always have. I did not realize how old the movie was. Last night on our free Netflix trial, we watched Messiah. It is fabulous. I hope when our trial period is over the cost will not be through the roof, as this Netflix thing is pretty good.
      Love the cute animal pics, Gailster. Are you tired form puppy sitting??? Having fun?? e i
      Hope everyone is good. We are getting another storm tomorrow. Dam.
      I decided to do nothing today. I did nothing yesterday too. Nothing may be a real trend for 2020. I don’t want to take the trees down, as I like them….LOL LOL Oh….I did do a minimal dinner- salad, chicken fingers and baked fries….LOL I did not feel like cooking the turkey breast,, and I don’t feel like doing it today, either. I will definitely have to cook it tomorrow, and that is good as it will make the house smell cozy in the storm….LOL LOL
      Hope all of you are not as bad as me….I may be called the Nothing Girl. LOL LOL I have 20 days until I turn 70, and I am enjoying my last few days in my 60’s.
      Marissa is still here- no baby yet. Heather went to PT, and after she is stopping by to visit Marissa. So, I will get the scoop when she gets back.
      Have a good night!!
      Adele

• Colleen
      Participant

Hi Adele,
      This must be the year to do nothing year. I have not been doing much for the last two days. We still have one more Christmas dinner to go to on Sunday. MY brother and sisters and I are all getting together to exchange gifts and have dinner. We use to do this when my mom was still here and we really enjoyed it. So we are carrying on the tradition. This is the longest we have drug this season out.
      Well I am glad to say good bye to 2019. Maybe everything will quit breaking down. Our water pump went out over Christmas. We did at least had water Christmas day. It went out the day after Christmas. They put a new pump in but have to replace the bladder. Who knew that a water pump had a bladder. They are putting that in tomorrow. I hope that will be the end of it.
      We have been eating left overs and are getting tired of them. We still have some of the rainbow cake that I bought from Davids Cookies. There is not a whole lot left but it is still really moist. I really like those cakes and will probably get one for Easter.
      I turn 70 in July so I can enjoy being in my sixties for a little longer. &0 just seems so old but we are still getting around and not really sick so that is good. We will just have to pray that we all stay in good health and that Barbara is doing better now. It has been awhile since we have heard from her. I hope that she got to see Colin and spend some time with him and her son.
      Your turkey breast sounds good. Did you have turkey on Christmas or ham? We had ham this year. The kids all wanted ham so that is what we had. I am ready to cut down on the food and just eat like normal.
      We do not have a baby here either. I cannot wait until the baby comes. He will be a little cutie and so will your new baby. There will two new boys in the world. I wonder what they will be when they get older. I guess it is a little early to be thinking about that.
      Well that is about all from here have a great night.
      Colleen

• adele shanbar
      Participant

Hey Colleen!
      That is awful the well pump went out. It is awful when you do not have water. It seems everything breaks in the same year, as that is the anniversary of when we gout our houses, and how long stuff lasts….LOL
      I worry about Barbara too. I hope she is ok. She is so worried, and scared about the next round of tests. I am praying there will be a simple answer for her.
      This last month of waiting for a baby is terrible. Every phone call, you jump thinking this is it. Marissa had her weekly doctor appointment today, and they said baby moved more downward. She is so uncomfortable, and keeps losing weight as baby’s feet are in her ribs and he pushes up and it makes her sick to eat. They said baby is still growing, so that is good. How is your granddaughter doing in this last month?
      Well, I could nto cook the turkey breast. Bobby said I had it out too long. I checked the internet and they said 2 days max- it has been out for 4 days. So, we ordered a burger for each of us from the local take out. I have to say, I am not crying over it….LOL the only thing I do not like, is wasting the money we spent for it.
      So, I out away the 18 inch Annalees today, and the Scrooge/Dickens human faced Annalees. Tomorrow I will get the two trees down, and then on to the rest. I hope to be done by Sunday.
      I loved the regular size Davids cookie colorful cake. I did not like the individual ones. Nobody here liked them either- they had way too much frosting on them. We were all disappointed. I will get it again on Easter too- the big one.
      We are going to have a rain storm tomorrow, and it will end as snow on Sunday. Yuck.
      Hope you have a good night.
      Adele

• Colleen
      Participant

Hi Adele,
      I did not think that I was going to be able to get on here. I do not know what was going on I thought I would have to get off and start all over but it finally let me in.
      Well we have water again and they finished it today. The bladder was not any good either so they brought the replaced today and put it in. We were having to turn the water off at night and then turn it back on in the morning. So we are all good now and everything is gaurenteed for 5 years. I cannot spell tonight. We lost our spell corrector when we got this computer.
      It really worries me when we do not hear from her for awhile. I worry about her having another stroke. She is such a sweet person and her dil treat her terrible. I guess that Lisa is doing better. but not as good as she should be.
      I know what you mean about waiting to get the call that they are in labor. Brook wants us at the hospital but does not want anyone in the room. I laughed and told my daughter to just wait until she goes into labor she will be crying for her mom. That kid never thinks before she says things.
      That is terrible that the turkey breast went bad.That sounded so good. It was much better to have hamburgers and not have to cook. I am getting to where I would rather send for something then to cook. Maybe it is because we cooked so much over the holiday’s.
      I have to apologize to everyone who sent me a card. I just could not get into the spirit this year. Next year I promise to do better. Mom would be upset with me for not ending cards.
      I am glad that you said something about the individual cakes. I thought about getting them for Easter. I will stick with the big cake everyone likes that and it will be enough for everyone. We really liked the cookies also. Kaylee took all the cookies home with her to eat. We fixed two boxes of them and half of the double chocolate. We did not like those as much they were too much chocolate.
      We are supposed to have some snow here one day next week but not sure when. I really am not paying attention to it this year. I really love snow but this year it just does not matter. My brother got his snow blower fixed so we will not have snow this year. It is funny he said that when it was broken we had all kind of snow.
      Well that is all from here. Have a great night.
      Colleen

• Gail Norusis
      Participant

Hi Everyone,
      Sue, I did not know that Angel and Glenn had lost Lucy. I understand how sad they feel.
      So no baby news yet. That’s actually good as they are both due later in the month and I like those babies to “cook” as long as they possibly can. I’m assuming everyone’s baby is head down too so that’s a good thing-no Cesareans scheduled at the moment. I know Jenny really wanted to try a vaginal birth after Kendall who was breach and therefore cesarean but the docs advised strongly against it-so wanting healthy babies she went along with them. At least that way she knew exactly when the babies would be born.
      I think we should declare it the year of “do nothing.” We should all take it easy this year and reward ourselves for our long years of hard work. We should plan on eating out and ordering in often. I like that idea. A year just for having fun!
      Colleen, we used to have a get together with some other couples the week after Christmas when the kids were young. it was so much easier as people had less commitments then.
      Adele, has Gary found his ring yet? It will probably turn up in some weird place.
      I baby sat yesterday-Greg couldn’t go as he had to stay home with the guys putting in the wood burning stove. We haven’t used it yet but since we’ll be home all day tomorrow I suppose he’ll fire it up then. I hope it doesn’t make me so hot that I have to go in a different room as he likes it much warmer than I do. Good thing there’s a TV in both the family room and the living room so I can go into the living room if it gets too hot.
      The kids all got roller skates so they have been roller skating in the basement over break as this year there’s no snow to play in.
      Greg was down there last night giving them roller skating tips.
      Adele, I’m sorry that the turkey went past it’s use by date but it’s better to be safe than sorry. I know with just the two of us I often don’t get to things before they are no good and after having food poisoning once i really pay attention to the freshness labels. Greg never does and will eat stuff past the good date all the time if i don’t keep on top of things and throw them out when they are past due. i always swear if left to his own devices he would poison himself monthly. it’s funny but he just never checks for those things.
      I’m trying to figure out where we should go or order in from tonight. lol
      Gail

• adele shanbar
      Participant

Hey Colleen!
      Glad your water issue is resolved. It is good that they guaranteed it for 5 years. Nothing worst than no water. You do nto realize how much we depend on water. Not just for drinking, cooking and flushing the toilets….LOL
      That is funny about Brook. After the last hospital incident, there will be nobody at the hospital accept Enzo. We will e summoned when the baby is born….LOL I bet Brook will be asking for her Mom or you. Just imagine, in the next few weeks, we will both meet our new Itty Bitty’s.
      I worry about Barbara too. I pray for her every day. I think we will all feel better when we hear the results of her tests, and how she is doing. As we all get older, we tend to think how much time we will have left, and how many more holiday seasons we will see. Dam, I am getting kind of morbid. Sorry.
      Back to the fun stuff….the 2 trees are down, and I just have some more stuff to put into that container. Then I have 3 more closets to get boxes out of, and put stuff into….LOL
      Well, Mr Gary is bugging me about what to eat, so I better go for now…LOL
      Have a good night.
      Adele

• adele shanbar
      Participant

Hey Gailster!
      Marissa’s doctor said baby moved a little lower this past week. He is due in 19 days, so if he holds on for 5 more days all should be fine. We are all dying to see his little face. I tyr not to ask her how she feels, as she gets very testy…LOL
      So, i did get the twp trees down, and packed some small things in with the ornaments.
      My front lamp is breaking. It is the Tiffany one in the middle of the dining room window. Aizen loves to give the shade a smack and watch it go back and forth. That, plus me banging into it every day when I open and shut the shades does not help. The metal piece on top, where the finial is, is cracking. I tried to find someone who repairs these lamps, and it was a no go. There were two people out of state, who said to package them up in 2 boxes, with lots of peanuts and send them after you send a pic of what is wrong. So, by the time you send it back and forth ( one is in Illinois) and pay for the repair, I am not sure sure it is worth it. It is a pricey lamp, but I am not sure I want to risk breaking the entire shade to repair it. Gary had one more idea- call a jewelry store to see if they can repair it. The two high end lamp stores up here do not touch those repairs. They said that is an artist’s job. So, I googled the Dale Tiffany lamps, and Macy’s had a nice one I liked. I just do not want to buy another one, as I love that one. We shall see…
      No ring yet. Gary has lost hope. I googled men’s wedding bands, and there is nothing like ours. There was one that is close, but, not with all the detail mine has. Gary’s was very wide, and I chose the same ring but a very small width so it would be comfy. Ill attach a pic, and you may be able. to see the detail. Since mine is smaller, it is harder to see. The jeweler who did the rings is retired.
      It sounds like you had fun with the skating grandchildren…..LOL We had rain all day, and them maybe some snow late tonight.
      So, tonight we are playing the Tennessee guys. Everyone will e watching the game, as if we lose, this is it. I am betting Brady will retire.
      I think it should be the year of nothing…..LOL
      Have a good night- who are you rooting for?
      Adele

Attachments:
    • adele shanbar
      Participant

By the way….those are Gary’s dried flaky fingers….I took the pic….LOL LOL
      Adele

• Colleen
      Participant

Hi Gail,
      It is good tht it does not look like the babies are going to come early. The only bad thing it does make for a grumpy grand daughters. My little Brook is so crabby that she is not always fun to be with. She does not come over that often right now she is working a lot and does not feel like going anywhere when she is off.
      I agree that this should be the year of doing nothing. It is nice that you are joining me and Adele in our do nothing year. We are going to my brothers tomorrow for dinner and I am hoping that they are using paper plates. If not we will have to do dishes and help clean the kitchen. That will mess with our do nothing year. I am going to have to talk to my sister-in-law. lol
      Sounds like the kids were having a great time skating in the basement. Was Greg a good skater when he was a kid? I never could roller skate but could ice skate. No one could figure that out. I hope the kids enjoy skating. That is really good exercise and they will not be on their tablets or phones or whatever electronics they are into. My grands would go crazy if they cannot be playing on their phones ar texting people. It might be because they are a lot older then yours. I am talking about Kylie and Brook.
      Greg sounds like Ron. He says that the sell by date does not mean that you cannot eat the food. That is just the date they have to quit selling them at the store. I keep telling him he is going to get sick but he won’t listen. We had a few things that froze and then thawed in our old fridge and I keep telling him we need to throw that stuff away but he wants to keep it. So I have been getting in the new fridge and throwing things away a little at a time. He will never know. The things that we to do to keep our husbands from poisoning themselves.
      Colleen

• Colleen
      Participant

Hi Adele,
      Your ring is really pretty. I hope that you can find one for Gary to match. It is hard to do anymore. Use to there would be a jeweler that would do that for you and there would be no problem. Times are changing though.
      We will be great grandmas. That does not seem real. My great grands will call me GG so they do not get confused with their grands. That is what they called my mom. It kind of makes me feel old.
      I will not take my stuff down until after the 6th of January. Ron is ready for the things to come down but is not saying a lot about it though. I think that he has given up on it.
      What is going on with Hall Mark channel? I cannot believe that they are still showing Christmas movies. I think it is time to move on. They have shown them enough. I did dvr some of the Christmas movies that I really like to watch. You never if they will show them next year. That is one good thing about the Hopper. We have a lot of room to store movies.
      That is a shame that your lamp is breaking. The Tiffany lamps are hard to replace they are expensive. Thy are not as pretty as they use to be. I am beginning to think that this is just me. I am getting nostalgic this week. I guess being with my brother and sisters has made me think this way. We just talk about the old days and we need to move on.
      Well that is about all from here. Have a great night.
      Colleen

• adele shanbar
      Participant

Gail and Colleen
      We are always arguing about the sell by dates over here. There are some things that last a very long time- sugar is one, honey, and chocolate is the other. I put my special flours for baking in the freezer, so they stay until I need them. Even the powdered milk for bread baking, and the yeast. Otherwise, I would be re-purchasing very pricey ingredients all the time. I keep the nuts, seeds, and other ingredients in the fridge too, so they stay fresh…even the citrus powders, citrus oils, etc.
      Bobby freaks over things like dairy and meats. I agree on those for sure. I have been stock piling things way too much aorund here- like jams, mustard’s, etc from the Stonewall Kitchen….more because of the shipping costs. I hate to pay for shipping. So, the other night I needed a new honey mustard, and pulled one out of the cabinet with the end date of 2017….LOL LOL Thank God Bobby was nto home! That one must have escaped me, as when I pull out a new one, I go for the older one. I owuld have never heard the end of that one.
      Adele

• adele shanbar
      Participant

Colleen,
      You are totally right about the Tiffany lamps. My older ones are way more pretty than the newer ones. They are even making look more modern. I really hate the modern ones. I guess our ages are showing. After all, we are great-grandmothers now….LOL
      I cant believe Brook is still working! Please tell her to be careful, becasue of what happened to Marissa. Marissa had wanted to work until the end, but the incident stopped her in her tracks. The doctor ordered her to stop working, and stay off her feet as much as she can. She is very crabby.
      My ring design is different, and that is why I liked it so much. Thing is, nothing like that is on line anywhere. believe me, I have tried. One night my eyes were all blurry from searching.
      It is time for 60 Minutes…love that show. I want to sre what they say about all this awful fighting. I am concerned for everyone- our troops, their families, and all the people in Iran and Iraq. After all, they are families with children too, just trying to get their kids to school, and make a living. I do not like war. Not that anyone does.
      Have a good night!
      Adele
      PS….we lost to Tennessee- Barbara’s team….go Barbara. I hope we will hear from her soon. Massachusetts is all upside down. We don’t know what to do when we lose. First time in a very long time we have not been in the Super Bowl, let alone be the winner!

• Colleen
      Participant

Hi Adele,
      I do not think that she should be working either. Brook will not listen she thinks she needs the money. Kids never listen they think that they know it all. I guess we were like that when we were kids. I just hope that she does not hurt the baby. All we can do is pray for her and the baby.
      How is Marissa doing? Is she still going to get the ivs? I will be glad when these babies are born and we will not have to worry about them anymore. Then we will worry about the itty bitty’s. It never ends does it.
      I have not talked to my son-in-law to hear what he thinks are if he will have to go back to his troop. He is a recruiter right now but they can call him back at any time. He is willing to go at any time. I just pray that this does not develop into anything serious. I am glad that they did save the people in that embassy I do not want to see what happened in Bengazi again. That as terrible.
      My kids are really worried about the sell by dates on products. When they come to our house thy look at everything and start throwing things away. I guess our kids are just trying to take care of us.
      Colleen

• Gail Norusis
      Participant

Hi Adele,
      Are your Tiffany lamps from the Q? They used to have hour shows of those and also of quilts. I guess all those things are out of fashion now. I love my lamps from the Q. I have two table lamps and two floor lamps. I think.
      Do you remember those lamps that people used to have with all the glass prisms hanging off of them. My grandmother used to have one that I loved when i was little as when the sun shone on it it made rainbows all over the room.
      How is Heather progressing with her therapy? Is she still staying with you?
      What birthday is this for Marissa? I hope she stops by to get the cookies.
      Gail

• Gail Norusis
      Participant

Hi Colleen,
      Well they finally stopped showing the Christmas movies on Hallmark. They started them much too early last year. I think the first of November is plenty early. Now that it’s past the 6th I will have to start thinking about taking my things down but i will take my time since I got them up so late.
      Greg says he was a good roller skater when he was young. I never was into roller skating but went ice skating every day that I could after school all through grade school and high school. That is about the only thing sports wise that i could ever do better than Greg-he did do a little better once I introduced him to figure skates rather than hockey skates. I loved the feeling of freedom and speed that ice skating gave me.
      I will pray that Stephen will not get sent way from his recruiting job.
      My grands call me Gigi and Greg is Grandpa or Gpa or GPop if he is using his rap name. lol
      That’s funny that our husbands all have a more liberal interpretation on the food dates.
      I am like you and sometimes have to sneak stuff into the garbage that Greg would never throw away if I feel like it is in the freezer too long.
      We’re just trying to keep everyone healthy and I would rather throw away food than get sick.
      Gail

• Colleen
      Participant

Hi Gail,
      It seems like now we do not eat as much as we use to. I do not cook as much unless we are having company. I also buy a lot of frozen already cooked. So then we just pop it in the microwave. I am a lazy cook. So I have really started my do nothing year.
      We still have our decorations up. Ron is wanting me to take them down. He even got the boxes out of the closet so I could get started. I need to get started taking the tree down but will leave the nativity set up for a while longer. Mom made it and I love looking at it.
      I am so glad that they took the Christmas movies off. I love Christmas movies but not for that long. They showed certain ones over and over again and some they did not show this year. I miss that movie with Lauri Loghlin ( I spelled her name wrong) the Christmas House I think it was. They will not show it because of the trouble they are in. It was such a good movie.
      I was not as good a skater as you. I could get around but not really fast and was lucky to get around. If I was wearing roller skates I would fall on my back side and could not get up.
      That is funny that Greg has a rapper name. He has a such a good time with the grands and acting up. He really knows how to entertain them. How are your grands doing? Were they glad to get back to school? Mine were they were getting bored staying at home. They wanted to go back to school and see all their friends.
      Well that is about all from here. Thank-you for the prayers for Stephen. He will be ready to go if he has to. I do not know what kind of courage it takes to go where they send you and fight.
      Have a great night.
      Colleen

• Gail Norusis
      Participant

Hi Colleen,
      It does take courage to go fight in a war. I can’t even imagine. My Dad was in both WWII and the Korean War. And of course we grew up during Vietnam and knew people that went over there too. Did Ron go or did his hearing keep him out. Greg was in the National Guard and was never activated to go-probably because there was a draft back then. But we both knew other people that do have to go. I sincerely hope and pray our grandchildren will never have to go to war. I hope the President will deescalate this present situation and not make things worse.
      I find myself taking much more shortcuts with cooking too and taking advantage of premade things. I think part of it is age and part of it is it’s a bit harder cooking for two people. It’s hard to adjust some recipes down. We do have a lot more leftovers. lol
      Did your Mom make your nativity set in ceramics. I know I have some items that my MIL made including a large ceramic tree and I enjoy taking those items out every year. She was very very good at ceramics and was also an excellent seamstress and crocheter-I inherited many of her afghans which are all around our house.
      Greg gets along with the grands so well because he is just a big kid himself. lol
      Ours just went back today. I don’t think they were bored yet as they had a lot of new things to play with and books to read from Christmas. Piper had gotten this thing that you build and then send marbles through it and they played with that for a long time last Friday when I was there. They also all had new lego sets that they were working on and some of those are pretty detailed and complicated.
      They are predicting snow this Friday and Saturday. Don’t know how much we will get. I think Greg and I and Jenny and Ricky were planning on going out to dinner Saturday so I hope the snow doesn’t interfere. The kids will be at Adam’s so I thought it would be nice to spend a little adult time and go out together.
      When are your tickets for the DWTS show?
      Has anybody been watching the jeopardy championship? Those guys are so quick-I’ve barely heard the question before they are saying the answer. And I’m pretty good at trivia-but I can’t compare to them. I need more time to think. lol I kind of hope Ken Jennings wins as he has not won a tournament yet. I didn’t know that he had become a full time author after his time on Jeopardy. I wonder what he has written? Have you felt like getting back into reading yet?
      Gail

• Colleen
      Participant

Hi Gail,
      Ron did get drafted. He went to Korea instead of Vietnam. The fighting was not as bad there as it was in Vietnam. He said Korea was a beautiful place and he loved seeing the country side. My dad was in world war 2. He was a marine Ron was in the army. Greg was lucky he was in the National Guard. We knew a lot pf people that served in Vietnam.Some of Ron’s cousin served over there.
      Yes the Nativity is ceramic. I cleaned it had it baked and she painted it. She was so good at painting it and she use to love to do it. We never did finish the sets that we had for my girls. We made one for Danyielle and we finished it but then when she got older she could not see as well and we just never finished.
      Our kids went back on Friday. It did not make sense to me. They went for one day and then they had the week-end off. I thought it was kind of dumb but they did not ask for my opinion.
      we are going on the 14th of February. It will be fun to go see the dancers. I have not heard yet who will be there dancing. I hope that the one that won last year does not come along with them.
      That game that the kids got sounds like fun. I like it when the kids play games that are not on a gaming system. It is a lot more fun to play board games where you can all play together.
      They are talking about snow and ice here. I hope that they are wrong abot the ice. We already had one ice storm and that was enough. I like the snow but not the ice.
      I do not watch Jeopardy. I never liked that game show. I am not any good at it so I quit watching. I like to watch the old games they are a lot of fun to watch. I watch Concentration Buzzer. That is fun to try and solve the puzzle.
      Well that is about all from here. Have a great evening.
      Colleen

• adele shanbar
      Participant

Hey Colleen!
      I feel bad for Brook. I will be praying she does nto end up with a bleeding issue like Marissa did. Marissa is still very scared something may still happen to the baby, because of the incident. It also does not help that a friend of hers’ baby died in utero, and she had to go through the whole labor t deliver the poor little baby. So, Marissa s saying she will be glad when the baby comes, and it is all over with the end result an Itty Bitty to take home.
      I will be saying an extra prayer for your SIL. I have been praying for all the military families, as they bear the brunt of the decisions made by politicians, a lot of whom have no idea what they are doing.
      Did you see the koala bears and other wildlife on TV where they have had those awful fires? They showed a car full of koalas that some young men had rescued. So many animals have died, it is awful. The poor things could end up extinct. These fires everywhere are horrific.
      Tonight the Chicago shows are back one. Everyone over here is excited….LOL
      I made Carissa’s and Aizen’s cookies for their birthday parties on Sunday….if Marissa is still here….LOL Tomorrow is the anniversary of my Nonna’s death, and Marissa is thinking the baby may come on that day.
      Have a good night….Gary ran into a Quacker today- how funny is that!! She is on one of his shops.
      Adele

• adele shanbar
      Participant

Hey Gailster!
      I finished the 2 cookies today. We are hoping Marissa will last until Sunday for her birthday party. She will be 24 on Friday.
      Did you see the new FBI show last night? we liked it. Also liked AGT on Monday- loved that Heidi was back. I am glad they let Hans through, as i get such a kick out of him.
      So, is it still hot at the Gregster’s house with his new stove??? I told Gary that story, and he found it very funny, and wants to move in with Greg….LOl
      I forgot to answer Colleen on this- no Marissa does not have to go for any more ultrasounds right now. She does see her doctor once a week.
      Hope your evening goes well….absolutely sick over more troops going overseas, and all the animals dead in Australia. Just awful news, all day long.
      Hope all is good in your state.
      Adele

Attachments:
    • Colleen
      Participant

Hi Adele,
      Brook is feeling pretty good. I talked to her tonight. She goes to the doctor every week also. I guess they all do that their last month. I was surpeised that there were three other girls that were pregnant at her school this year. I guess they do not talk to them about safe sex.
      The President is going to impose more sanctions on Iran. I think that was a good decision. Iran stood down so did the United States. I was glad that he acted on the people trying to take the embassy. It was terrible when they drug that Embassador thru the streets. I will never forget that. It was a shame that the military was told to stand down and let all of that happen. I guess I feel that way because of how my sil talked about it.
      I did see the story on all the animals in Australia. The people are really going all out to save the wild life. That was sad to see the ones that were burnt. They were really trying to take care of them. These fires are terrible.
      There are Quackers everywhere. You cannot go very many places and not see them. We are a happy group. Did you get the Tsv today? I am not sure that I want one or not. I did ordered the no sugar added from Davids cookies. They looked so good and I can eat those when everyone is eating that big David’s cake.
      Your cookies look really good. You always bake such good treats. I am just baking premade food right now. I am getting lazy. This s my do nothing year.
      Thank-you for the prayers. I was hoping this was going to be the year where we were all going to stay healthy. My sil really blew that one. She is still in the hospital because she is running a fever and they do not know why.
      Well that is about all from here. I keep forgetting to ask about Tillie. How is she doing? I hope she is doing well. Hope she is still liking her doctor that comes to the house.
      Have a great night.
      Colleen

• Colleen
      Participant

Gail, I am going to start reading again. My granddaughter gave me the new Patrick Taylor book for Christmas. I am ready to see what is happening to all the characters in that book. What are you reading?

Have a good night.
      Colleen

• Gail Norusis
      Participant

Hi Colleen,
      I don’t think I’m interested in the QVC2 Quacker big deal either. I think the only thing new that they have is that shirt and a pair of matching pants. I wonder if they lose business being on Q2 all the time now as some cable systems don’t carry it. I’m not sure if Adele gets it or not. Of course if you want to see what they showed you can go to the website and look at previously on air for both the Q and Q2 which I do a lot as I don’t watch much anymore.
      We were kind of disappointed in the little cakes too. They were not nearly as moist as the big cake. Lachlan actually said they were too sweet. When does a kid say that? lol I thought the top frosting was kind of hard.
      Sometimes they send the kids here back for like one day too and I can never figure that out. I’m sure it has to do with the number of days of school that they need to get in in order to qualify for state aid but sometimes it just makes no sense. Our kids get free breakfasts and free lunches-it wasn’t like that when our kids were in school-we paid for lunches and they didn’t have breakfasts then. I guess now there must be more low income families in the district and they now must qualify for all those government programs. There was still a Catholic grade school in town but it finally shut down two years ago. There are getting to be less and less Catholic schools around. The kind of schools we attended (although I went to Catholic grade school-but public high school) will be a thing of the past soon. I know several parishes on the north side around where my grandparents used to live have consolidated and the churches and schools will be torn down as the land is more valuable than the buildings-so the church will sell the land in order to stay solvent. One of those churches is where my grandparents and uncle had their funerals. Sad.
      Our grands like to play Uno. When I was over last week I played about eight games of Guess Who with Piper and she beat me every time. Kendall was laughing at me because of that-and of course Piper likes winning so she wasn’t complaining. lol
      I think I will start a new reading page for 2020 just for the heck of it so I’ll list my recent books over there. I didn’t post on it much last year so I will start over.
      I hope Barbara contacts someone soon and lets us know how she is doing.
      I didn’t know your SIL was sick. I hope she is better soon.
      Gail

• Gail Norusis
      Participant

Hi Adele,
      Greg and Gary could cozy up by the fire together. You better not tell him more about it or the next thing you know you’ll have one in your house. One good thing is you keep it closed when it is burning so you don’t have sparks or bits of wood fly out. Jenny once had a bit of wood fly out of her fireplace onto this big ottoman that they had. It’s a good thing they were in the room and caught it right away because if it would have stayed there and smoldered they could have had a big fire. He is very happy with the stove and at least he doesn’t want it burning all the time like some folks do. Like I would be out stoking it all day anyway. lol
      Your cookies look delish! I’ll bet Marissa and Aizen will gobble them up. I wish I could say something to ease Marissa’s mind about her worries. Just tell her about all of us who are praying for her and her baby. However, tell her that she needs to get used to worrying too because once that baby is born she will still worry about him when he is sixty. That’s just being a parent.
      I didn’t watch the FBI show and we don’t watch the Chicago shows which is kind of funny as we live in the Chicago land area. lol I think Jenny watches some of them.
      I’m not sure why they are having another AGT championship show-it’s just recycling some of the same people. I wonder if they had to scramble for judges after they let Julianne and Gabrielle go. I’m glad Heidi is back as I like her. But even though we are watching it I find this new AGT kind of unnecessary.
      The loss of animal life in Australia is just massive-like millions of animals. I can’t even wrap by brain around it.
      You mentioned the show Messiah-I had never heard of it. What was that about.
      Today the news is all atwitter about Megan and Harry stepping away from their royal duties. Sometimes I have to laugh at the stuff people get all excited about. I wish them well whatever they do but let’s face it they have ” rich people problems” that have very little to do with real people’s problems like putting food on the table and having a decent place to live. I think if anyone thought about it seriously they would not choose to be a royal with all the constraints put upon their lives that comes with the title. It wouldn’t even be worth all the pretty jewelry and from me that’s saying a lot! lol
      You know I don’t think Greg would even recognize a Quacker if he saw her out in public. But maybe he would surprise me.
      Gail

• adele shanbar
      Participant

Hey Colleen
      first, DD messaged me. She needs prayers for Critt. He is in the hospital again. She is fine, but has nto been on here, and asked for me to tell all of you.
      Speaking of that….has anyone heard from Barbara- I have nto read the other posts yet, so I hope she came on to say how she is.
      That is a lot of girls pregnant in one high school at a time. Do they offer the girls and boys free protection? I hope so, as some kids cannot approach their parents, and it is better to have them be safe. different states have different regulations. When I worked, kids were able to get protection in the schools. They also have safe, healthy sex classes, etc up here. Knowledge is what the kids need to make i an informed decision. But, still, there are accidents or misunderstandings as to when it is safe. Actually, I think it is never safe as a woman never really knows when she is ovulating. Then add all the communicable diseases, and it gets real scary.
      How have Brook’s doctor visits been going? I assume they have no concerns, and baby is in the right position? I hope so. Heather ended up with a c section becasue in the last week, Stephanie turned completely around and was breach.
      Tillie is doing ok. She was a little crabby today, and wanted to end PT. I told her not to dare do that, as her “going down” in the walker is nto a thing I have heard every day in a while. She has been coming up for dinner, when I make it….LOL Like this week….I did the roasted chicken, and tonight I am doing meatloaf. Amanda is stopping by after work for dinner with us. So, I cooked 2 out of 4. Yesterday I had no energy for cooking , due to the baking….LOL OMG…what happened to my do nothing year??? Well, I could not disappoint prego or my Aizen.
      The boys will be here this weekend, (we get them Saturday afternoon) and the PLAN is for the birthdays on Sunday, if prego is still here….LOL
      Did I tell you the watch I got for Aizen did nto work because you needed a SIM card? Well, ordered it- the one they suggested with it, and that one did nto work either. Steph had to get one from AT &T for the phone to work. Well…..The Aizen knew the card was coming today, as he kept asking his Mom what the tracking number said. So, get this….she gets a call form the nurse saying Aizen is sick and needed to go home. As soon as his cute little butt got into the car he said…..”Did the SIM card come?” Steph wanted to kill him! We found this out, as the first person The Aizen called was…wait for it…The Nonni…Heather. Dam. I was the one who got the watch….LOL I hate to say it, but that story made me laugh my butt off. He just couldn’t wait until he got home for the answer. Moral of the story- do not buy any electronics from Amazon. He had to wait 16 days for the phone to work, and 2 deliveries.
      Hope I made you laugh!
      Have a good night.
      Adele

• adele shanbar
      Participant

Hey Gailster!
      I was quite amazed Gary recognized a Quacker too. He does not even know what I have on, if someone asked him….LOL She must have had the same shirt on as one I have. I found it very amusing.
      Gary would love one of those stoves. What keeps us from getting one, is the higher insurance rates from having one up here. At least that is what I use to dissuade him….LOL
      I hope we hear from Barbara too. I am getting very worried. The last time I heard form her was two weeks ago, I think. I know I posted on here when she sent the email. At least I hope I did!
      I hated the championship show last year. I hope this one stays better. I did like the first segment. I love Heidi.
      Well, Messiah is as if Jesus arrived now, and what would happen- arrested, sought after by the FBI, considered a threat, etc. The story line is…is it true, or a hoax? Which is what people would think now too. In the end, you find out. I will not say a thing, in case you watch it. It was a good story, and I could not stop watching it- we finished 10 shows in 2 nights.
      Please read my post to Colleen for more info of the day…..
      I could never figure out what all the Royal fuss was about either. But, you have a point- it keeps people from the awful news of the day. It has been awful. If you suffer from anxiety, I have no idea how you could sleep at night. I get worried enough about everyone. Now I have more to worry about!
      Hope you have a good night!
      Adele

• Gail Norusis
      Participant

Colleen-I started a new books and reading page for 2020.

• Dianne Danielson
      Participant

Hi Ladies,
      I hope everyone had a safe & wonderful NYE & New Yrs day. I went out to dinner on NYE with Diane, & Marilyn for Diane’s b/day. We thought we were getting there early, but no such luck. The restaurant was packed, but the wait wasn’t as bad as it has been in yrs past. It was wet & windy that night. As we were getting into the car, I was holding Diane’s cards a gust of wind took em & they went flying. They ended up next to the curb in the rain water. I was able to use my cane to hold em down so I could pick em up. Luckily they were coated in plastic so they weren’t ruined. We went over to Marilyns to watch the New Yrs shows.
      I caught a cold after Christmas. I think I got it when I went with friends to see our Peacock Lane, a one block neighborhood that decorates for Christmas & everyone goes to see it. (These people decorate to the hilt!!!) I still have it!! I think its on the out, but I still have a cough.
      I’ve finally got everything Christmas put away, finally. I swear it was multiplying. Snowball was confused when I took the tree down. There was a huge open spot where it used to be. I put the cat tree, & rocking chair back in the corner so now the apt doesn’t look so crowded. I have an annual housekeeping inspection next week. When they come in they check to make sure there’s nothing blocking entrance in case of an emergency, so they’re in here about 1-3 minutes!
      I’ve been watching the Jeopardy championship this week. I’m hoping Ken wins. He’s the first to win a million or more during his time on the show. I’m not familiar with the other two guys.
      I don’t know if you’ve heard, but we could be in for snow next week. There’s a big arctic blast coming down from Alaska & Canada & we’re on the fringes of it. Some weather forecasters are poo-pooing it, others are saying prepare yourself. We won’t know till Monday as to whether or not we’ll get it.
      but according to my weather apps on my phone they show snow flakes all next week. We’ve been having unusuallly warm temps lately, mid to upper 50s, some 60s in some areas of the state. This Arsctic blast will change all that.
      So what do you think of the Royals breaking away? If they need to I say go for it. Harry isn;t in line for the throne anyway, so why not.
      Well, I guess that’s all for now. I haven’t read all the posts yet so if I left anything out I’ll catch it next time.
      take care.
      dd

PS: OMG!! How could I leave this out. Critt’s in the hospital & will be there till next week sometime. He’s on heavy diuretics to relieve the water build up in his system. I have kitty duty while he’s gone. Please pray he’ll be home soon & healthier than when he left. Thanks a lot.
      dd

Attachments:
    • Gail Norusis
      Participant

Hi DD,
      Good to hear from you. I will pray for Critt.
      That’s an unusual name. Is it short for something?
      I’m glad you’re feeling better. Sometimes those coughs will really linger after a cold.
      I must say I haven’t started taking down decorations yet. I’m in no hurry and will have it down by February. lol
      We are supposed to have snow this weekend. Starting out as rain and sleet and turning to snow so we may have a mess.
      Does Critt’s cat stay in your apartment or do you go to his place and feed him? If he stays with you how does his cat and Snowball get along?
      I am kind of rooting for Ken too. I know who James is-he’s the professional gambler but I don’t know the other guy.
      I guess Harry and Meghan will do what they wish. Since he is way down on the list for the throne I guess it doesn’t matter much. Their problems are so far away from normal life that it’s hard to relate. I hope they will be happy with whatever they decide to do. Mainly I hope it doesn’t effect his relationship with his brother, his father and his grandmother.
      Gail

• Gail Norusis
      Participant

Hi Adele,
      Well that naughty little Aizen! Faking illness so he could come home early and check on his sim card. Little dickens!
      And then he calls Heather first and not Grandma or whatever they call you? Actually you are not Grandma you are great grandma so what do they call you?
      I don’t think Greg would ever recognize a Quacker. I always say if I came home with my hair dyed purple it might take him two weeks to notice it.
      We already had a woodburning fireplace so that shouldn’t change the insurance at all. In fact it’s probably a bit safer as you burn with the door closed now.
      Do you have a fireplace-is it gas? Actually Greg put a gas fireplace in when he fixed the basement but we rarely use it as no one really goes down there.
      We will probably never see The Messiah as we don’t subscribe to Netflix. It does sound like a good show. However, I find that there are only so many hours in the day to watch TV so I have to limit my choices.
      We are supposed to be in for snow this weekend. I knew it was coming eventually-it’s been nice though getting around without having to worry about slipping and sliding. My SIL chose the perfect time to go to Florida. They will be there now until April.
      I sent her an email with snowflakes on it so she wouldn’t forget what they looked like. lol
      Gail

• Barbara Smith
      Participant

Hello everyone. Today is a good day so I am trying to get word to you all that I am some better, but still working on finding some answers. I have been to the blood doctor who did a chest xray since he couldn’t hear me breathing good in the base of my right lung. They say it is fluid, and are still sending me to see about this. My breathing is so much better, but I still have problems when I exert myself doing anything. I go this coming week for another xray and also to see the cardiologist. I seem to be just falling apart and this has been so hard on us. I know one thing for sure I am so tired of all this, and so is Jerry. The boys have been so worried, and I keep trying to reassure them, but at times just don’t know what to say. I am used to being sick for a few days and then you feel yourself turn the corner and you know you are okay. They have said some things that have really gotten our attention. So we will keep trying to find answers and get a real plan to work on. My blood work was all good, so that was great. Hope the mommies to be are both doing really good. HOpe all of you are doing good. Wish I could just be back here chatting. Take care everyone, and please remember us in your prayers. Barbara

• Colleen
      Participant

Hi Gail,
      I did not order the tsv either. I really did not see any of them that made me want them. I liked the one with the ship on it but it would have been better if it stayed one color. I was not crazy about the other color it turned to. I liked th bright colors.
      That is unusual for a kid to think that something is too sweet. So do not want to buy them. I am trying the sugar free cakes that they have and see what it tastes like. I hope that I do not have the same experience but shouldn’t since they are sugar free.
      It is like that at our school here where Brook. They did not do that when our kids were in school either. I guess they do go by the income of most of the students. They have restaurants close to the school that the seniors can go to if they want. I guess a lot of the kids go there because their lunches at school are not all that good.
      It is sad that all the Catholic schools are closing. The kids get a lot better education there. Most Catholic schools are college prep schools. I really liked that for the kids when we lived in Rockford. The schools here were not as good.
      I was talking to Aliza and asking here what she wants for her birthday and she told me gummy life savers. I had to laugh at her that is all she wants. Danyielle said that right after she told me that she spit her piece of candy out so that is not what she wanted. We had to laugh at her.
      We are getting so much rain here. We have been having flash flooding around. We are lucky that we do not live close to an area that floods. The low water bridges are not close to us and we can always go a different way.
      Well that is about all from here. My sil is still in the hospital she keeps running a fever. They do not know why. Have a great night
      Colleen

• Colleen
      Participant

Hi Adele,
      We are getting enough rain around we may have to buy a boat. lol It is going to rain again tomorrow and then turn into snow. We will see Ron keeps watching the weather and saying that the weather men are wrong.
      I do not think that they offer the kids any protection or talk about it. I do not think that the parents will allow it. They have a small town mentality and will never change. They still do not like the new kids that come to their school and do not treat them nice. It is really sad they need to get caught up with the times. I do not think that they ever will.
      Brook is not having any problems. I hope that she keeps it up. They are not expecting for the baby to get here early. She will have to go full term or maybe be late. This is her first baby and they are usually late.
      Ok Adele you are ruining our do nothing year. You have to stop doing this. Well I guess it will be okay you had people to cook for. It is usually just me and Ron here so it is not as much fun cooking.
      I am glad that Tillie has been coming upstairs more then she was and not using the walker as much. Sounds like PT is really doing her a lot of good and it would be a shame if she quit. Does Heather still live with you and Gary? I have not heard if she went back home are not.
      Little Aizen is a character. That is funny he faked being sick so he could come home and see if his sim card was there yet. Kids are smart and and can figure this stuff out. No one will know if he is faking or if he is really sick now. lol
      Colleen

• Colleen
      Participant

Hi DD,
      I am glad that you posted. That cold is really going around and hard to get rid of. Ron has it and he has been having a hard time getting rid of his cough. I think that he is getting rid of it slowly.
      Sounds like you had a good NYE. It is nice that you went out with friends and watched the New Year come in on the shows on TV. We use to have a show that would come on in St.Louis and it would ring in the New Year on our time. Well they do not do that anymore and it is disappointing.
      I will be praying for Critt. I hope that it is nothing serious. That is really nice of you to watch his cat. It is hard to find people to watch your animals when they need someone.
      We have been getting rain. Ours are supposed to turn into snow after that. We are getting so much rain that there is flooding. Thank God that we do not live in an area that floods. I hope that you do not get all that snow.
      I have mixed feelings about the royals. They should not have let them spend all that money to fix up their cottage if they were not going to stay. It came out of the tax payers money and that could have went to better things.
      Colleen

• Colleen
      Participant

Hi Barbara,
      It is so good to hear from you. I am glad that you are feeling better. I hope that all the tests come back okay. You sure have been more then your share of being ill. I know that it is hard on your whole family to have you sick like this. We are praying for you and hoping that you will get better soon an get all your answers.
      Please keep us up to date.
      Colleen

• Gail Norusis
      Participant

Hi Barbara,
      It’s good to hear from you. I will keep you in my prayers. I hope all your tests will be over soon and the doctor’s will come up with a plan to restore you to health. We miss you.
      Gail

• Gail Norusis
      Participant

Hi Colleen,
      Did you get ice. they showed a picture of somewhere in Missouri with trees covered in ice. We got rain last night and everything was frozen this morning and the roads were very slippery.
      Now I think it has changed over to snow and I don’t know how much we are supposed to get. Greg and I and Jenny and Ricky were going to go out to dinner tonight but we cancelled our plans because the roads are so bad. We did get over to Jenny’s last night though. Piper left early because she had a sleepover. But Kendall had gotten a new Harry Potter Pictoria game so we played that. I do enjoy that the kids are old enough to play games with us now. It’s something that we all can do together and everyone has fun.
      That’s funny that Aliza said she wanted gummy lifesavers for her birthday. I’ll bet she would be disappointed if that’s all that she really got.
      When our kids were in high school there was a local place that they could go to for lunch also but it’s been torn down now. So I guess the kids must stay on campus for lunch now.
      Jenny’s friend that lives on our road now asked if we can plow their driveway after it snows so I guess Greg will be busy plowing tomorrow. He doesn’t mind doing it. He likes to plow for the neighbors. Of course it’s easier for him if it needs it on a weekend rather than during the week after work.
      Gail

• Colleen
      Participant

Hi ,
      We got some of the sleet this time. So we do not have all the frozen trees thank God. We got just a little bit of snow and that was it. I would rather have a little more snow but it doesn’t look like we are going to get any.
      I really like to play games with the kids. When everybody was here for Christmas we played Apples to Apples. It is something that we can all play no matter what age. I have not heard about the new Harry Potter game. It sounds like it might be a lot of fun.
      I do not think the lunches are as good now since they are free. They have to stick to the regulations that the state sets. The other high school Brook went had a bigger variety of food for them to eat. They had to pay there though.
      That is a shame that you had to cancel your dinner with Jenny and Ricky. Maybe you can do it some other week-end. It is hard to go anywhere when it is icey like that.
      That is nice that Greg will plow Jenny’s friends driveway. It really helps the neighbors when Greg does that. It is hard to find someone to do that. I know we had trouble finding someone to do that for mom. She lived so far from the rest from us it was hard for us to get there if the roads were bad.
      Well there is not much going on here. I need to start to take down the decoration it is getting close to February.
      Have a great night.
      Colleen

• adele shanbar
      Participant

Hey DD!
      Glad you had a good time on your birthday, even though it was pouring. That incident with your card would have made a great AFHV event! Also good that you had a nice New Years with your friends too.
      I am sorry about Critt. I have been adding extra prayers for him. How is he doing now?
      I have one more thing to put away- the glass balls on the lights. I have to get Bobby to get them down, as I can only reach the kitchen and dining room ones. The others are way too high.
      We are doing Marissa and Aizen’s birthdays today. We are all wondering if she will go into labor during dinner…LOL
      It is 70 here today, and humid. It is making me feel nauseous….LOL I can’t believe it is so dam humid in January.
      Hope you do nto get too much snow….
      Adele

• adele shanbar
      Participant

Hey DD
      I forgot to say…hope you are feeling better by now.
      Adele

Hey Colleen
      The kids call me Nana, and Heather is Nonni.
      We have heard that the birth is any minute now…per Steph. Wouldn’t it be hysterical if she started contractions during dinner????
      The boys are here. Heather made us all pancakes this morning for breakfast. Bobby is doing chicken broccoli and ziti for dinner- per request of Marissa.
      How is Brook doing???
      Ron certainly is funny. Gary notices nothing, so I was amused he found out she was a Quacker. He said she had a Quacker sweater, but can’t remember what was on the front of it- how funny is that??
      I hope you did nto get blasted with snow. It is gross up here- 70 and humid. You all know how much I hate humidity.
      Have a good day!
      Adele

• adele shanbar
      Participant

Hello Missy Barbara!
      So glad you were feeling good enough to come on and let us know. I am sure your boys are very worried, as you are their life. None of them like to see you sick.
      I am praying that you get a little better every day. We are all plugging for you with the Sky Boss, as I call Him.
      Marissa is at the end, literally. She is so done with being pregnant. I have been told the birth will be any minute, as there have been some signs, they say. Heather is hoping she will go into labor at dinner….LOL That would make for a memorable birthday party.
      Do you have any doctor appointments already scheduled? I hope you will be able to get all the answers you need very soon, and that they are all positive.
      Love you!
      Adele

• adele shanbar
      Participant

Colleen
      Forgot to ask how your SIL is doing? Hoping they at least know what is wrong with her by now. Prayers sent.
      Adele

• adele shanbar
      Participant

Hey Colleen!
      I hope Brook continues to have a pregnancy with no issues or complications. How is she doing working? Does she have to be on her feet a lot at work? I hope not.
      Tillie is ok. The PT has helped her legs get a little stronger. She still uses the walker, as she would nto be able to walk without it- she bends over it to walk, and hangs on for dear life. I meant she has been using the stair lift more….LOL God only knows what I said before….LOL
      We are all on pins and needles when the phone rings, as we are wailing for The Call. We will all be glad when baby arrives.
      Our weather is 70 and humid today. We are expecting snow next weekend, I think. We have the windows open and the heat off. Can you believe this is New England? God help us all!
      Hope you have a good day,and the rain and snow stops to give you all a break for a while.
      Adele
      PS…we got the Netflix free for a month. Ask your cable company, as they may ahve the same deal.

• adele shanbar
      Participant

Hey guys
      Get this. i am looking through a cute country catalog that came in the mail. Low and behold, they have a pillow with the same design that I did a needlepoint picture in the same design, years ago. Of course, I had to order the pillow!
      I am attaching the pics. How funny is that!
      Adele

Attachments:
    • Gail Norusis
      Participant

Hi Colleen,
      Well we didn’t get much snow. Maybe an inch. I’m going to stop listening to the weather people as they seem to make a big deal out of everything lately. Not the local channels so much but the people on the national news always say what a big storm is coming. Although they did have tornadoes in the south again which is not good.
      Greg went out to the barn to get the truck to plow and discovered that it wouldn’t start. He was having trouble with it before and got a new battery so he thought maybe the new one didn’t have enough of a charge-so he charged it and checked it and it is charged so now there must be a different problem. He is going to check some things after work today and if he can’t find the problem we will have to take it in. Problem is he can’t drive it in so we will have to have it towed. Hopefully they can put it on a flatbed so we don’t have to take the plow off as I don’t know if you can tow something with a plow on. We need to get it fixed as soon as possible though as they are predicting snow again this coming weekend. And we need to be able to plow to get in and out of the driveway if it snows more than a couple of inches.
      I’m sure we will just pick another time to go out with Jenny and Ricky. since Adam has the kids every other weekend there should be more opportunities. Maybe we’ll make it an every other month thing.
      I have to start on my decorations eventually too but once again I am in no rush since I finished them so late. I don’t turn on the trees anymore but i still have some outdoor lights that are on timers and lots of indoor lights that are on timers. I find it helps me get through the dark month of January to have the lights go on in the evenings. then by February we start getting more daylight so I am ready to put everything away.
      We watched a lot of football this weekend. Two games on Saturday and two games on Sunday. Next week the super bowl teams will be decided. I hope it’s not Green Bay.
      Gail

• Gail Norusis
      Participant

Hi Adele,
      How did the party for Aizen and Marissa go? Happy birthday to both of them.
      Mom and baby are in my prayers.
      Wow! 70 degrees. That’s warm. I actually don’t like when we get that warm in January because then when it turns cooler sometimes storms and tornadoes will come through.
      What a cute pillow. I like that the cats are hugging. And they will actually do stuff like that. Our cats used to sleep cuddled together. I miss having cats.
      You are really good at sewing and needlework. I have a bunch of started projects that never got finished. I have two scarfs that I started knitting like three years ago that are almost done. I really should just make myself finish them this winter. I seem to get distracted onto other stuff too easily. And now with the internet and my tablet I find myself wasting time looking up stuff or playing games. lol Plus i also read a lot.
      Gail

• Colleen
      Participant

Hi Adele,
      I bet you are on pins and needles waiting for the baby to get here. It is even harder when they tell you any minute. Brook is still waiting for them to tell her the baby is on the way. We are getting excited.
      That was nice that Heather made breakfast and Bobby made dinner. That let you just enjoy the day and not have to do much of anything but enjoy the kids being there. I hope that your party went well and everybody had fun.
      We did not get the snow. Well we had a little but they got more up towards St.Louis. We had some sleet but that did not last long either. We were very grateful for that. We do not need the ice.
      Brook works at Kentucky Fried Chicken so she is on her feet all the time. She did take a week off because her friend came home from college and spent her break at Brook’s house. Well my daughters house.
      Have you seen those stand up walkers. That way people can stand up straight and not have to bend over. We had thought about getting one for my mom but she passed before we could. I wonder if this walker really works.
      I hope that you do not have any storms with all that warm weather you have been having. That is what worries me when the weather warms up here. That is funny how that picture matches the needle point piece that you did a long time ago.
      Colleen

• Colleen
      Participant

Hi Gail,
      I know what you mean about the national weather channel. They make it sound like we are all going to be buried in all the snow. Then we did not get hardly any. You got more then we got. This is a crazy winter.
      I hope that there is nothing majorly wrong with your truck. At least you did not have a lot of snow and get stuck in the house because you could not get out of the drive. Hopefully they will not have to take the plow off and they can put it on a trailer.
      That would be nice if you made it every month to go out to eat with Jenny and Ricky. ( or every other month) It does make it hard to see the kids as much when they have to spend every other week-end with their dad. Does he get them any days during the week? Owen has to visit his dad two days during the week also. I think it is too much but that is how they did it.
      I still have decorations up just the tree is down. I have one that looks like the hotel we stayed in at Pigeon Forge. The Christmas Inn. I would love to get back there if we can. It was such a nice place to go to.
      Ron did not put any lights outside this year. I need to get new lights for the deck but could not find the ones that I like this year. They mostly had the fairy lights and those tube lights. I just want the lights they first came out with. They may never make them again. I like the battery lights more then anything.
      Colleen

• adele shanbar
      Participant

Hey Gailster
      Lots of news!
      Baby is here- weighed 7.8 lbs, and is 20.5 inches, with what looks to me like….wait for it…red, curly hair. My Dad had red curly hair. She will be coming home tomorrow, as far as I know.
      The party was ok. But, Marissa was sick. She was feverish and did nto look good. She called her doctor the next day, and then she started to leak fluid before the appointment, so she went straight to the hospital. Steph took her. Thank God she got her license!!
      She delivered Sonny D the next morning at 5:30. Enzo’s sister, who is a nurse was just coming into the hospital, and was able to see them before her shift, and hold baby Sonny. She sent me the first pics….LOL LOL
      All good here, thank God. Aizen loved his police outfits, and made a jail out of a ig box we saved for him to play with.
      We are all tired, and that is ok. Marissa is sore, especially her leg muscles. She did nto realize how much pushing was going to happen.
      The weather was too hot- it got to 74 in Boston. It is in the 40’s now. We are to get snow this weekend.
      The pillow came and the colors are not as bright as my needlepoint picture. It is still nice though!!
      Adele

• adele shanbar
      Participant

Hi Colleen
      Well, baby is here and cute as a button. You’re next!!!!! Go Colleen and Brook!!
      He weighed 7.8 and is 20.5 long. She is to go home tomorrow. He was born on the 14th.
      Marissa did nto feel good at the party, as she was feverish and not feeling well. She called her doctor the next morning, and started to leak fluid before the appointment. So, Steph took her to the hospital….yet another reason we are thrilled she got her license!! The rest is history. She was in labor a long time- from Monday late morning until 5:30 am the next day. She was surprised at to how much her muscles were hurting from all the pushing- her legs and belly. But, she is good.
      I hope Brook has a good experience too, and that there are no issues with the baby, or her. Cant wait until you tell us baby is here!!
      We are to get snow this weekend. Hope it is not a lot. Glad you missed the snow and most of the ice.
      Everyone else is good here for now- thank God.
      Adele

• Colleen
      Participant

Hi Adele,
      Congratulation’s on the new baby. I am so excited for you and glad that things went well for Marissa. The kids never realize that it is a job delivering a baby. You have sore muscles and other places that you do not want to mention. He was a good weight and he was a good length. I bet he is cute as a button. I had to say that my grandma use to say that all the time when there was a new baby.
      The good Lord helped Steph to get her license when she really needed it. It was good that she was there so she could take her to the hospital. Did she end up calling anyone else to let them know that she went into labor? I remember she was not going to because of all that happened the last time she went to the hospital.
      I have a feeling that Brook is going to go over her due date. This baby is stubborn. He never did lay right so they could get a good picture of him. Every time they tried he would move. He is going to be like the rest of the family. I am getting excited and waiting for the call.
      We are supposed to have another snow storm tomorrow but we will see. They have not been right yet. Well that is all from here. Have a great night and take care of that great gran baby
      Colleen
      p.s. Did they find out why Marissa was running a fever?

• Gail Norusis
      Participant

Hi Colleen,
      Now they are saying more snow again this Friday and Saturday. We’ll see if we can believe them.
      They came and got the pick up yesterday. Hopefully it just needs a new starter. Fortunately we didn’t have to take the plow off.
      No Jenny’s kids do not have to go to Adam’s during the week although they do go there when they are on school breaks as Adam is home during the day and Jenny is at work-so he needs to baby sit them when they are not in school. I would think that would be hard on Owen going back and forth during the week on school nights. At least his Dad is around and cares about making sure he has visitation. I have had friends who after they got divorced the Dads basically walked away from the kids and never saw them or paid child support-very sad.
      If we ever get back around Pigeon Forge I would love to go to The Christmas Inn. When we there there years ago we rented a cabin to stay in which was nice too. I think I read that Dolly now has a hotel there too. Maybe it’s on the Dollywood site. I will have to investigate.
      I have the battery light strands on our porch railings. I like them as we put them out-set them and forget them.
      I was doing some research and it looks like there may not be a spring season of DWTS this year. It’s not on the schedule as yet unless they add it back in at the last minute.
      Gail

• Gail Norusis
      Participant

Hi Adele,
      Awwwww! I wonder if little Sonny will keep the red hair. I remember how surprised I was when Jenny was born with strawberry blond hair as no one in my family was blond (except my mother but that was from a bottle)lol -but Greg was a tow head so she got the hair from his side of the family.
      See, it was a good thing that Steph got that license it sure has paid off. Do all the girls live fairly close to one another?
      Is Marissa feeling better now? Did the fever go away?
      Yes, labor is called that for a reason-although some women have babies who just slide right out but I think that’s the exception rather than the rule. So how long was the labor-about 20 hours? It’s a good thing babies sleep a lot at first so the Mom’s can get a little extra rest too. You forget how tiny they are when they are first born.
      I hope you get to see him today. Did Enzo and his Dad finish building the apartment before the baby came?
      How is Heather doing. Is she getting around okay?
      Gail

• adele shanbar
      Participant

Hey Colleen
      You know, nobody ever mentioned the fever again …LOL
      She did not tell anybody, and Steph was not allowed to tell. It became a big drama. Pina got called from Enzo all night long, and he sent his Mom pics of what was happening. She sent them to Heather in the middle of the night. So, I woke up at 2 am, and could not get back to sleep. Heather was up, and I asked what was wrong later, and she said….baby is here. There are a few hurt feelings, but, they will get over them. baby and Mom are healthy, and that is all that counts.
      I hope your baby arrives healthy and fine too. Just two more weeks and he will be here, or earlier- you never know!
      We have awful winds out there today- gusts over 60 mph. One was huge, as I heard all kinds of things flying outside. I hope you did nto get all the snow yesterday. We are getting some Saturday.
      Hope you have a good night
      Adele

• adele shanbar
      Participant

Hey Gailster
      Well, here is the news of the day. Apartment not ready yet. they think it will be done in 2 weeks.
      they came home today, and I did not get to go, as I got the worst gout attack I have ever had. Involved 3 toes and the ball of my foot. I was so bad this am, I was talking like I was drunk. Had to go on prednisone, which finally took the edge off around 2:00 pm. What is up with this??? yesterday I had bathroom issues that kept me from going.
      Bobby and Gary think he has blond hair. I see red hair- we all see what we want to see….LOL We will see, as his hair has that little fuzzy look that could be curly hair.
      Heather is ok. When it rains or is bad weather, she feels awful. She did fall over the weekend- right into the kitchen chair. She landed on her butt first, and said she lost the feeling of the foot. She goes to outside PT, and will go tomorrow. She cancelled the appointment on the day the baby was born.
      I would say she was in labor from about 10:00 Monday to 5:30 am on Tuesday. Plus, she was having a lot of back labor for weeks.
      So glad this is all over, and everyone is home safe and sound.
      Hope you have a good night. Saw some pics of Jenny’s with Kendall for her birthday. So cute!!!
      Adele

• Colleen
      Participant

Hi Gail,
      I am glad that you did not have to take the snow plow off. That made it a lot easier on Greg. I hope that they get that back to you before the snow falls and he needs it to plow. That would make it rough on a lot of people.
      It is hard on Owen not being able to stay home during the week. If there is anything going on at school he cannot go if he is with his dad. So Danyielle has to try and get his dad to let stay with her that evening and then go with his dad on another night. I really gets confusing and we do not get to see him as much as we would like. I am not so sure his dad does this because he wants to spend more time with his son or he wants to hurt Danyielle.
      I think that they were building the Dolly Hotel when we were down there. I am not sure though. It was not built yet I do know that. We were in that area a couple of times. We were going to eat at Paula Deans restaurant but could never get in. We did not want to wait that long to get a table. It takes a long time.
      We like the battery operated lights also. I bought a wreath from Bethlehem Lights and I really like that also. We got a tree from them last year but it did not work right. I was kind of glad I did not like that tree it was too small. We have one now that is the size I like. I think that it is a Santa’s best. It is really pretty and I love the lights.
      I wonder how much longer dwts are going to be on the air. I do not think that they are as popular as they use to be. I am still excited to go and see their show on the 14th.
      Colleen

• Colleen
      Participant

Hi Adele,
      I am sorry to hear that your gout was acting up again. That is really bad you did not get to go see the baby and Marissa. I know that you were really wanting to go.
      That is funny that they could not be there during labor but Enzo kept sending pictures to his mom and she sent them to Heather. I do not think that I would all those pictures going around with me in labor. That is not a woman’s best dressed moment. lol It was not good that it kept you up all night. All of you might as well have been there.
      I do not like storms that the wind is so strong. It keeps me up even if it is not a storm it is just a windy day or night. We do not hear the rain as much as we did at first when we got the metal roof. I guess we are getting use to it.
      Brook has dilated to one so she is starting. It will be awhile but it does not seem as far away as it did. She is going to go to her due date that is for sure. I still think that she will go past it.
      Well that is all from here. I hope you start feeling better soon and go see little Sonny.
      Colleen

• Dianne Danielson
      Participant

Hi Ladies,
      I know it’s been a while since I was on here. I hope everyone is doing well. I’m finally over my cold! It lasted longer than I wanted. And it looks like our scare with snow is over for now. we didn’t really get much like they were predicting. we had flurries & that’s all. Much ado about nothing. The mts, ski resorts, & foothills surrounding us got lots of snow, which is where it belongs. Now we’re getting lots of rain. Next week we’ll be seeing 50 for a high for the day. Weather whiplash.
      Adele, congrats on your little bundle of joy! Now you can breathe a big sigh of relief now that he’s here. I’m sorry to hear the gout has returned. I saw the pics of the cats, & I know I’ve seen it somewhere before. Either Christmas cards or something.

Barbara, I hope you’re feeling better & have the results of the tests by now. I haven’t read all the posts so forgive me if I miss something.
      Colleen, I hope the baby comes soon. I’ll bet you’re all excited about the new arrival. Oh if I didn’t say something before, thank you for the birthday greeting last week. I apologize if I didn’t.
      Oh, I passed my annual inspection this week. I was in full panic mode as usual. But the manager came in with 2 of the maintenance crew & were out in 3 minutes. Now I can breathe a sigh of relief till next yr.
      Well, I better get off before I bore ya all to death.
      Take care, stay warm & be careful if you have to be out in the weather.
      dd
      PS: This is what I miss so much on these cold wintry days.

Attachments:
    • Colleen
      Participant

Hi DD,
      We have no baby news here yet but thanks for asking. We are getting excited but it will be awhile before the baby is here.
      I hope that you did something fun on your birthday. You are welcome for the birthday wishes. Just hope that you got to spend time with your friends. It would be nice if you got to go out and eat.
      How is Critt? I hope that he is doing better and coming home soon. Hope that his cat is doing okay and not missing him too much.
      That is good that you passed the inspection and are done for another year. That would drive me crazy to have them come in and check the apartment. Have they ever made anyone move because they did not pass the inspection?
      Well that is about all from here. I am glad that you did not get all that bad weather. We were supposed to get it here but it went around us so we lucked out.
      Have a great night.
      Colleen

• adele shanbar
      Participant

Hey Colleen!
      Well, I had the surprise of my life today, snow and all! Marissa, Enzo, and the baby stopped by while we were finishing dinner. i ran to wash my hands, so I could touch his cuteness- everyone laughed….LOL
      He slept the whole time, but he did that cute half smile while he was sleeping when I touched his cheek.
      Tillie cried when she held him. Tillie reached another milestone at age 93. She held the newest member of the family, another baby. In 3 days she will reach the milestone I asked her to make last year- my 70th birthday. (I am really sorry your Mom did not make your next birthday) I find that very amusing, that I have a Mom at age 70. I had wanted to have a big party, but with all going on, it was not possible. plus, if I do nto organize it, it will not get done….LOL
      I had another death. Not sure if I mentioned Al was in the hospital again. He died Saturday morning, just as Carmela got there to do his dialysis. So, Al died at 5:30, as Carmela arrived to be his dialysis nurse, and baby Sonny was born at 5:30, just as Carmela arrived at work on Tuesday. I told her she is an Angel to Al and the baby.
      Heather made dinner today, so that was nice. Yesterday I made chicken soup, and I finally got the matzo balls correct! This was the forth time I tried to make them. After each time I called my SIL to ask what I did wrong. First I used the pre-packaged mix, then I went to getting the matzo meal, and mixing them myself. the last instruction from Susan (SIL) was to mix them earlier and get them in the fringe to get real hard, and have a big pan of water for them to have room, and keep the pan covered while boiling them. It worked. Pic attached….LOL
      We got 4 inches of snow, and it is still cold out there. At least it was nto a huge amount. The wind finally stopped.
      Have a good night- seems to be all about footbal.
      Adele

Attachments:
    • adele shanbar
      Participant

OMG Colleen….
      I forgot to say you are getting close. I bet the baby will come this week. Prayers sent!!!
      Adele

• adele shanbar
      Participant

hey DD!
      So glad to hear from you. You are never boring!! We are always happy to hear you are ok, and all is good with you.
      That’s wonderful the apartment inspection is over, and there were no issues. Go DD!!
      I love the pic of your pretty kitty on your lap. She was so pretty and such a good companion for you. God rest her soul. I know your new kitty is very funny, and a joy to you. You are a good kitty mummy!!
      How has Critt been doing? He is in my prayers every night, as well a you.
      The gout is causing no more pain. I am on day 4 of the prednisone, which is the reason why. Good God, it is only 19 days into the new year, and look how many health and loss issues we are all having. I was hoping 2020 would be a good year,,,,and a year of doing nothing but what we WANT to do…..LOL How is that working out for us??
      So, today seems to be football day. that is all I have heard form the TV all day. I did watch most of ITKWD. I got the set of metal prep bowls-one for Marissa and one for Amanda- for their new kitchens.
      OMG….I finally got the matzo balls right for the matzo ball soup. I’m attaching a pic!
      Hope you have a good night- glad you did nto get blasted with snow!!
      Adele

Attachments:
    • Anonymous
      Inactive

Adele I am glad you saw the baby & thanks for photos. I am just hoping it was not as cold & icy as here. It concerns me that anyone would take a new born out it that. We had snow sleet & freezing rain on Saturday & very cold temps. Yesterday was 14 with wind chills of 3 & it kept dropping all evening. This morning was still in the teens with lower wind chills. We are finally up to 20 with less wind. But we are not to be above freezing until sometime on Wednesday. We do have sun today but it isn’t warming up. My walk still has some ice on it. When it is so cold it is hard to remove. I cannot keep warm. The heat is running all the time but it is still not warm. I even had the oven on yesterday. I made meatloaf.

• Gail Norusis
      Participant

DD,
      I’m sorry that i missed your birthday. Happy Belated Birthday.
      Glad the inspection is over.
      How is Critt doing.
      We had about six inches of snow Friday night to Saturday. It’s cold but temps are going back into the low thirties later this week.
      If we can just stay in the thirties winter is tolerable.
      Gail

• Gail Norusis
      Participant

Hi Colleen,
      Well we got the truck fixed and Greg went and plowed Saturday morning. He did our house, Terry’s house, (Jenny’s friend that moved to our street),Jenny’s house and the apartment. Sometimes it’s hard to do the apartment because the parking spaces may have cars in them. Sometimes the tenants have already shoveled it themselves too.
      That would be hard for Owen if he has something scheduled at school on a night when he is supposed to go to his dad’s. it would be so much easier if he didn’t have to go there during the week. Plus when he gets older he might not want to go back and forth as much.
      When we were in Pigeon Forge it was before Paula Dean was popular so she didn’t have a restaurant there. Doesn’t she have the original one in Charleston or Savannah or somewhere. I heard there was long lines for that one too but the food is supposed to be good.
      I remember when you got that smaller tree that you didn’t like that much but did not know that you had gotten a bigger one. Did you just get it this year. I’m glad that you like it. Does it have a lot of light functions. I know I have a couple of things from Santa’s Best that i think are good quality.
      I think this is supposed to be the baby week isn’t it? I will be thinking of you guys. is it far for Brook to get to the hospital?
      Gail

• adele shanbar
      Participant

Hi Sue!
      So glad to hear from you. That is awful it has been that cold in your apartment. Do you have hot air for a heating system? Those are the worst for the cold temps. they get warm when on, and as soon as the air is off, it is cold again.
      O do the same thing when it is real cold- bake something. Even the smell makes you feel warmer.
      It has not been that bad up here this weekend. The wind ended before the snow began, and we only got about 3 inches. Most of it melted during the day- at least what was on the ground and walkways. It was in the 20’s yesterday and high 20’s again today.
      Enzo has the feature where you can heat the truck before you get in it- so the truck is always warm when they get into it. Now the parents do this weirdo thing with babies- they have covers for the car seats so the baby does not even breathe in colder air- the whole thing is covered when they transport him form house to car, and visa versa. He was warm and toasty when his little self arrived. Even so, I was very surprised they came by. I really think they did it because they knew our friend Al had died, and wanted to bring some joy to the house- at least that is what I think, as they did not announce they were coming. They stayed for about a half hour or so.
      You will not hear what happened up here- just heard it on the news. A coyote attacked a car, and then a person in her yard, and last a family while they were hiking with their 2 year old. the coyote had the 2 year old’s jacket in his mouth and was trying to get away with the poor little thing. The father wrestled the coyote to the ground and strangled the thing to death. Thank God He gave the father the strength to do that. The father said it took 10 minutes to kill it. Good God. I would think that would be the last time I ever went out for a walk with my kids. Can you imagine??? These coyotes are becoming more problems every day.
      How is your apartment today? I hope it is better then yesterday.
      Nobody seems to want a dinner up here tonight, so I am doing dropped eggs on toast. Tillie has a belly ache, Bobby had a big lunch, and Heather wants cereal. Go figure. So, breakfast it is.
      Hope your night is good- have you been watching AGT??
      Have a good night!
      Adele

• Gail Norusis
      Participant

Hi Adele,
      We are all sorry to heat about Al. We get to a certain age and we start losing people. Every day I am just grateful to get up and get out of bed.
      Hope the foot is feeling better.
      So when is your birthday? The Quacker site said it was the 19th but that must be wrong if it is in three days. I thought it was maybe the 23 which was Kim’s birthday.
      Those matzo balls remind of years ago before i was married and I was dating this Jewish fellow. I had a bad cold and he was going to be nice and make me chicken soup with matzo balls and I don’t know what he did but those matzo balls were like rocks! lol I don’t know if he was trying to make me better or trying to make me break all my teeth. lol
      Yes, yesterday was football day. We were interested in both games. We wanted Kansas City to win the first game since we have a soft spot for the city after visiting it so often. The second game we wanted The Packers to lose since they are big rivals of the Bears. So both games came out the way we wanted. Two good teams in the Super Bowl this year. Of course we want to see KC take it all.
      Wonder what kind of acts AGT will have tonight. I wish they would just not have the danger acts. I can’t see any of them ever winning-except maybe the guy and his wife who are on the trapeze-but that is not totally danger-it’s also acrobatics.
      Gail

• Anonymous
      Inactive

Gail, for some reason all the Birthdays on the home page are wrong. I looked at her profile as they are usually correct and it looks like her Birthday was today.

Happy Birthday Adele.

• Colleen
      Participant

Hi Adele,
      I am so sorry to hear about Al. It would be really hard on him to live on a kidney machine. Those things are not fun. I really hope that Did he have any children? It seems like you have mentioned that before but I forgot.
      That is so cute when the baby is sleeping. He sounds like he is going to be a really easy baby. I hope that Brooks baby will sleep a lot. She will have a hard time getting use to getting up all the time. I worry because she is so young. He is really cute and the parents look so happy.
      We got some snow today. They have been telling us that we were going to get some and it finally came. We got enough to cover the ground and then it stopped. It is really cold here like there. It has been below zero here at night. Well at least the wind chill has been.
      Have a birthday party after all the excitement dies down. You should do something. I will not have a 70th birthday party our 50th wedding anniversary is in May so they are planning on having a party for us then. I am not sure that I want a big party it would be better if we celebrate with just us and the kids. It would be kind of nice. I wanted my mom to be there for my 50th. We were laughing cause I was at hers and she should be here at mine. She just could not make it.
      Your matzo balls look really good. I have never eaten them before but they made your soup taste even better. You did a good job. I will have to see where I can find some and try them.
      Well that is all from here.Have a great night.
      Colleen

• Colleen
      Participant

Hi Gail,
      I am glad that they got the truck fixed in time. Now he can plow what he needs to and get that all done. It is nice that he does that for your daughter’s friend. is nice to have a plow on the front of the truck.
      I have wished that Owen’s dad would realize that. He needs to do things different with his son. It is going to be hard on him as he gets older. His dad tries to make him feel guilty. It is just sad.
      I am not sure where Paula Dean’s restaurant is located other then Pigeon Forge. She has a lot of items for sale in there also. We went thru the gift shop but there was nothing that i needed. She sells her cook ware and cook books and things like that. She does a really good business.
      We did get the bigger tree this year. The smaller tree was not worth the money we paid for it. We had some problems with the lights so that was another reason why I did not like it. You can do all kinds of different lightening with this tree. It has a remote and a thing that sits on the floor that turns the light on and off. It is really pretty. I was glad that I bought one.
      We got some snow here today. It was enough to cover the ground and then it quit. It is nice to see it on the ground and in some of the trees. It seems like the ice comes down harder here and covers everything.
      Colleen

• Dianne Danielson
      Participant

Hi Ladies,
      I got a really big favor to ask of you. Please keep Critt in your prayers. He still hasn’t been released from the hospital. He said something about complications & today he told me they’re gonna do some surgery Wed. Something about going through his neck, down into his heart & see what’s going on. Then he’ll be in the hospital till Friday, being released to rehab till who knows when. I don’t like the sounds of the surgery at all!! It sounds dangerous. He already has congestive heart failure & I;m afraid this will be too hard on him. He’s lost 47 lbs, all water weight he says. So they’ve accomplished what they set out to do. They were aiming for 50. Can you imagine having that much water in you? I sure can’t!!! If I had that much water in me to lose I’d be a skeleton.
      On a totally different subject, my friend Diane brought over her great niece to meet Snowball. As soon as they came in she jumped down from her perch & greeted them. she always goes up to strangers to get pets. she’ll go up to them arch her back & stand next to them till she gets what she wants. It’s really cute. Adrie, played with her on the floor so I recorded some of it. I wish I could put it on here so you all could watch it. I may be able to do it on email or messenger. snowball was so tuckered out, she curled up in the bathroom sink for the rest of the afternoon.
      So who watched the football playoffs yesterday? I watched some of both & was pleased with the outcome of both games. It sounds like its gonna be a good Superbowl game. I call it the battle of the red uniforms. lol

We had some quiet weather the past couple days, but things are gonna change tomorrow. There’s a couple storm systems out in the Pacific that are headed in our direction. which means they’ll be heading out your way by next week. Sorry. Right now it’s the calm before the storms. The ski resorts are happy. they went from having barely having enough to stay open to now several feet of snow, with more on the way. They say this holiday weekend was the best so far this season. We’ll be too warm for it to snow here, I think we’re out of danger of that.
      Oh by the way, QF will be on the Q Wed, & Thurs., so check your local listings for the correct times. Angel will be on the main channel as well as Q2.
      Well, I guess that’s all the news for tonight.
      take care & stay warm.
      dd

Attachments:
    • Gail Norusis
      Participant

Sue,
      Thank you for that info on the birthdays. I wonder what happened to mess up the birthday listings as that’s where i usually check stuff.
      Hang in there with the winter stuff. I keep saying we’ll be changing the clocks for more daylight in another two months-so I really look forward to that. I don’t care if I lose an hour of sleep. it’s worth it for the extra daylight. I wish you could go to Florida for the winters as you always sound so miserable during the winter months. Do you think your apartment is well insulated? Well, winter is a good time to stay indoors and read books. It seems like i get more reading done in the winter than in the summer when we might be taking trips and visiting more. It seems I always have a blanket on my lap in winter and I have a few of those cuddle dud wraps that I wear all the time.
      Gail

• Gail Norusis
      Participant

Hi DD,
      I will be praying for Critt.
      You know we used to be able to put up videos but when they changed this website they dropped that feature.
      We watched the playoffs and were also happy with the outcomes. Although I’m thinking we will be rooting against each other in the Super Bowl as I would imagine that being from the west coast you will pick SF and us being from the midwest and having visited the city many times will take KC. We can have a friendly rivalry.
      Colleen’s from Missouri so maybe she will take KC too.
      Gail

• Gail Norusis
      Participant

DD,
      Love the pictures of Snowball. She really likes that sink!

• Gail Norusis
      Participant

Hi Adele,
      What are dropped eggs?
      Gail

• Gail Norusis
      Participant

Hi Colleen,
      That is a darn shame that Owen’s Dad tries to make him feel guilty. Especially when his Dad was the one who caused the marriage to break up. Sometimes adults need lessons on how to do what is best for their children.
      Plus it makes it hard on you and Ron too if you don’t get to see him as much. Jenny has been very lucky as Adam has basically let her have the kids for all the holidays. He sees them either before or after. Does Owen live very far from his Dad. Jenny’s kids are five minutes away from their Dad so that works out well too.
      It sounds like your new tree is really nice. I’m wondering if we need to replace our big tree as this year when we put it out I thought it was shedding a lot of the needles. I’ll have to take a good look at it when we put it away this time.
      We did have a little ice with the snow last weekend. it looks so pretty on the trees but not on the roads or the electric wires.
      I looked it up and Paula Dean’s original restaurant was in Savannah-there was one in Branson that I didn’t know about but I’m not sure if it’s closed now or not.
      I had wanted a family getaway for my 70th but it didn’t work out as Jenny couldn’t get away-so we went to Branson with Brent. We all had a good time but I would have liked if we all could have been together.
      Gail

• Anonymous
      Inactive

Gail no the apartment is not well insulated. There are gaps around the windows & doors & when the wind blows it just drives that bitter cold inside. The only heat is the propane heater in the great room (living room/kitchen). No heat in bathroom or either bedroom. I leave the doors open so some heat can go in. But it just is not enough to heat the whole place. I do sit covered up but seems when I get settled I need to get up for some reason & then it feels cold when you take the blanket away. I do read a lot but my hands get cold & it is hard to read with gloves on. I will survive.
      I did get my walk in pretty good shape but around my car is bad. I was looking out at my neighbors down the hill & their yard looks like a skating rink. We are to get another mixed mess this Sat. I wish if we need this mess it would stay powdery snow. I hate wet snow & ice mixed in. That makes it difficult walking & shoveling.
      There was a 34 year old man killed from this last storm. I guess he went down an embankment under a bridge. Most likely slid on ice. That is why it is so dangerous. I did not know him but it is still very sad & I feel for others. I don’t just care about myself.

• Colleen
      Participant

Hi DD,
      I will keep praying for Crit. I am so sorry to hear that he has to have surgery. Maybe it will not have to be done. All we can do is keep praying for him and turn that over to the Lord.
      That is so cute that the little girl and snowball were having such a good time. It is funny she worn her out and she got into the sink to rest. That is funny that she sleeps in there. Those are really cute pictures of Snowball.
      We are supposed to get a lot of the bad weather in our area. It is going to be mostly rain. They said that we may get some snow and sleet but they have not been right for the last few predictions.
      Is Quacker having another tsv? I had not heard that they were but that does not mean much. I hope that they have a lot of new things and not show the same things over and over. We need some new things.
      Well that is about all from here. Hqave a great night.
      Colleen

• Colleen
      Participant

Hi Gail,
      I guess if a man goes out on his wife he does not care about his son. It is the way that he did it that makes me say that. Splash it all over face book without thinking about his family. I will never have the same respect for him again. Jenny is lucky that Adam is so good about letting her have the kids for holidays. Not many men will do that. Owen’s dad does live close to them.
      The tree starting to shed is the reason why we got rid of our original tree. We bought that from QVC also. Santa’s Best seems to be a good company. I am very happy about with the tree we have now. If you get one from the Q get it from them.
      I have never noticed a Paula Deens restaurant at Branson. I will have to check it out the next time that we go there. We have not been there for awhile we need to go back.
      That is a problem here with getting the kids all together for anything anymore. Everybody is working so it is hard to work around all of their schedules. Now we will have to plan around a new baby. I wish he would hurry up and get here. She sees the doctor tomorrow so maybe we will have good news.
      Colleen

• Dianne Danielson
      Participant

Hi Ladies,
      Update on Critt. He called tonight & said they’ve postponed the surgery till Friday. They need to get more water out of his lungs before they can do it. He sounded terrible. So it sounds like he won’t be coming home for awhile. His EKG wasn’t that good today & they’ll do another one tomorrow. It’s been one thing after another. ONce he’s released from the hospital he’ll go straight to rehab for who knows how long. I’m beginning to wonder if he’ll be coming home at all. He’s not in good shape. Oh he said he’s lost over 50 lbs of water now, which is a good thing.
      I’ll keep ya posted what happens.
      Gail, I don’t know if you know but there’s QF shows this week. Check your local listings for the times. and I sent notices of a live audience show on their anniversary. If you send me your FB name or email I can send it to you.
      and as for the SuperBowl, I always cheer on the underdog, or the team that’s never won a SuperBowl. It doesn’t really matter where they’re from. If it’s KC I’ll cheer for them. Don’t say anything to Adele, but I’m glad the Patriots aren’t in it this time!! It’s time someone else won it.
      Take care.
      dd

Attachments:
    • Anonymous
      Inactive

Dark haired Maria that models for QF Mother died. They had new items today. It is a good thing I don’t need anything as prices are too high for me.

• adele shanbar
      Participant

Hey Gailster
      Today is my birthday….LOL
      OMG- matzo balls are soft! What in the world did that oy make for you???
      I have had a lot of company today, and in a second Gary will be back with the corned beef- that is what I wanted for dinner….LOL
      Thank you for the thoughts on Al. So many people have died in my life in the last few years.
      I am answering this fast, as I hear them coming in…..
      I promise I will read all the posts tonight, and answer them!
      Love you guys!
      Adele

• adele shanbar
      Participant

Hey Sue!!
      Thank you for the birthday wishes!!
      Hope it is warmer at your place. I had no idea we were getting another cold blast after the weekend. That one caught me by surprise…..LOL I have nto been seeing the weather as much.
      Hope you had a good day!
      Adele

• adele shanbar
      Participant

Hey Colleen
      Thank you for the kind words on Al’s passing. He was on dialysis for years, and had was so done with all of it. They took him off the kidney list, as they felt he was too far gone to benefit form a kidney transplant. All of that took a toll on him too.
      I had a busy day. I had visitors all day. and then we had corned beef sandwiches for supper, with the nice bread from Panera. Steph got the bread earlier in the day, as they are all out of stuff at end of day.
      Tillie did nto come up today, and that saddened me. She called me yesterday to wish me a Happy Birthday, and I laughed and told her it was the next day. I had to wake her up today- at 1:00 pm ( cause there were people in and out and I did not notice she was not awake) She did her usual call and sang to me after she was more awake. But, then she slept the rest of the day on and off, and said she could not come up tonight.
      I was able to laugh with her that she was able to wish her daughter a Happy 70th! I had wished she would still be here for today. Somehow, i wonder how many more days she will have today. I don’t know.
      I understand why you do nto want the party. It is because your mom did nto make it, and I am sorry about that for you. I would feel the same way. It makes the milestone not as good when a person you wanted there has already gone. It makes it sad. But, try to think of this. Your Mom is always with you. She would want you to celebrate. She would not want you sad. I also know it is a lot easier for me to say that, than for you to do that. I hope your Mom will give you the strength to feel that way, as you and Ron deserve a celebration. i didn’t feel much like celebrating today, and then I thought….Tillie is still here,and I need to celebrate. then, she does not come upstairs…..LOL Go figure.
      I got the new jogging pants that were on the show today. Did you get anything??
      Love you!
      Adele
      PS…baby news??? Do nto worry. Your granddaughter is a good person, and she will be a good mother. How could she not? She is your granddaughter! Prayers coming….

• adele shanbar
      Participant

Hi DD!
      I am so terribly sorry your friend Critt is having so many issues with his health. I am sorry I missed these posts yesterday. But, always know that I say a prayer for everyone each night, and mention friends or relatives they are worried about too. SO, Critt always gets a prayer from me. I will say even more tonight.
      I saw the video you posted on messenger, and it was precious! How nice she brought the little one, and that your kitty had such a good time with the cutie.
      I hope you got some good news on Critt. those tests are scary.
      Love you!
      Adele

• adele shanbar
      Participant

Hey Gailster
      A dropped egg on toast is this……you cut a hole in the middle of a piece of bread, fry it in a pan, with an egg cracked into the hole of the bread, and you turn it over and fry the other side to your liking. Some people like the yellow fluid and some do not. You just cook it more to make the egg more firm- of course the white has to be cooked. Sometimes you have to put a little more butter in the pan when you turn it over, so the bread does not stick to the pan.
      Love ya!

Sue- forgot to tell you I love you too!! Also, I got Gary one of those throws you wear, and it is real warm for those cold nights.

Dd- forgot to tell you I love the pics of your kitty!

Love adele

• adele shanbar
      Participant

Colleen and Gail…it looks like I missed something on Owen and his Dad???? Hope all is good by now.
      Adele

• adele shanbar
      Participant

Hey Sue
      That is just awful. I had no idea there is no heat in the bedroom or bathroom. I am hating your landlord more and more. That is just not right. A landlord needs to care for his tenants, and make them as comfort bale as they are in their home. It is just not right to rent apartments where people cannot get warm. I am sorry you have to live like this. I will add an extra prayer this man gets a conscience and adds more hate and insulation for you.
      I wish I could come up with a solution. Nobody should have to read a book with gloves on. I just remembered something. When I worked I went to some places that were very cold. I wore these Cuddle Duds under my clothes- they were soft long underwear. They really did a lot to keep me warm. Maybe try getting a set of them, and see if your feel better with them on under your clothes.
      Prayers sent!
      Love ya!
      Adele

• adele shanbar
      Participant

Hi Colleen
      I am so sorry that Owen’s father is being so difficult. It is awful when you cannot have everyone together for the holidays.
      I would feel the same way. How can you respect someone like that?
      Adele

• adele shanbar
      Participant

Hey DD!!!

I heard that….LOL LOL LOL It does get old with the Pats winning all the time. They said on the news that some little kids in school have never realized the Pats have not won every Superbowl.

Not offended at all….I love underdogs too!

Love ya!
      Adele

PS….attaching the flowers my neighbor got me today. Gary got me some scratch tickets. I won 14.00. I kept 10.00, and got 4 more, and won 3.00. So, tomorrow I will have 3 more tickets to try….LOL

Attachments:
    • adele shanbar
      Participant

Hey Sue!
      That is very sad about Maria’s mother. Thanks for telling us. I missed most of the shows. They are getting very pricey. I did order the new jogging pants, and hope the fabric is nice as it is not cotton. If I do nto like the fabric, I will send them back. I like the cuffs on the bottom, as I do nto have to hem them.
      hope you are ok. Please stay warm!
      Love Adele

• Colleen
      Participant

Hi DD,
      I started to e-mail you and the site just went off. So I will try again. I am glad that they got that much water off Critt lungs. I hope they get the rest off and he will be okay. Will just keep praying for him. Thanks for letting us know how he is doing.
      We are getting freezing rain here tonight. I hope that it quits soon and we do not have to worry about getting around. I really like the snow but do not like ice. That causes a lot of problems. I hope your weather is better.
      Colleen

• Colleen
      Participant

Hi Adele,
      Happy Birthday! Sounds like you had a good day. The corn beef sandwiches sound really good. We really like corn beef around here. I have a couple packages of corn beef in the freezer. We need to fix it has been in there for almost a year. I guess it will be a year in March.
      How nice that everyone was in and out on your day. I did not think that they would forget you. I am sorry that Tillie did not get to come up for your birthday. It is so nice that you got to share that day with her even if she stayed in her room. It will be a day you will always remember.
      We will just spend our anniversary with our kids and grands. It will mean a lot to us if they are all there with us. I know mom will be there is spirit. I think that her and dad will be there. I will miss them both that day.
      I have not watched the Quacker show yet. I have it on the dvr so will watch it later. We have just been watching the freezing rain come down. I wish that it would turn into snow. I love the snow. We were to take Aliza out for her birthday dinner tomorrow but will not get to. We will see if we can do it another day this week-end. If not we may have to do it a day next week. That is the only bad thing about January birthdays. We never know how the weather is going to be.
      I love your flowers that your neighbor gave you. They must be really good neighbors. That is nice to have neighbors like that. Does Gary get anything for your birthday.? A lot of times Ron gives me things that he likes. He bought me a vacuum one year because he thought it was really nice. I try to tell him that not many women want cleaning tools for their birthday, Christmas, or any other special day. lol
      Colleen

• Colleen
      Participant

That is really sad about Marie’s mom. I will say a prayer for her and her family.
      Colleen

• Gail Norusis
      Participant

Hi Sue,
      When I first read your post I didn’t see the part where it said Maria’s mother-I thought it just said Maria. Then I went back and read it again and read it correctly the second time.
      Quacker clothes are getting more expensive but so are all the clothes on the Q. I suppose clothing in stores are the same way-although I haven’t shopped much for clothing in stores for years and years since I started shopping at the Q. When I started shopping at the Q I wore a small and now I wear a 1x-Wow! I do find that their selection of plus sizes has been better than most stores-especially if you are also short and fat like me. lol Plus most stores and catalogs charge more for plus sizes and I always appreciated that the Q did not do that.
      Some of the places where clothes are cheaper like Kohl’s or Target and Walmart-they are cute but much more cheaply made and the fabrics are cheaper with seams that open and buttons that are on loose. When I buy the basics from the Q they have lasted for years and years so even though the prices are getting higher I know I will get years of wear from an item. So I feel it is kind of a trade off. In any case I’m glad that for the most part I have lots of clothes and just now buy a new piece here or there when I see something that i think is cute.
      I can’t believe that you have no heating vents in the bedroom or bath. That seems like a very poor design and wonder how something like that could have even passed an inspection for a multi family dwelling when it was being built. Did you ever think about getting like a duraflame space heater for the other rooms. You could turn them off and on as needed-just for a little extra heat. It’s no wonder that you dislike winter with being so cold all the time.
      I know what Adele was talking about-in fact the lady at the gas station was telling me about the cuddle duds that she wears under her pants when she works at the quick mart attached to the gas station because of the door opening and closing and letting the cold air in during the winter. She swore by them-she said she got them at Walmart.
      We are getting some snow right now so it will eventually be coming your way I suppose.
      Gail

• Gail Norusis
      Participant

Hi DD,
      I did know that the Quacker shows were on this week. I usually check this site and it tells when the shows will be on coming up.
      I think I heard Angel talk about the live show. I Imagine it will be on National Quacker Day which is February 4th.
      Oh my goodness that means Groundhog Day is coming up too. We live next to the town where they filmed the movie so there are always all kinds of local festivities every year because of that.
      Shhhhhh! don’t tell Adele either but I also am glad that the Patriots aren’t in the Super Bowl again-lol now if it were the Bears they could be in it every year and that would be okay. lol One thing we were the only team to have an ongoing superfan skit on SNL. lol
      I will keep praying for Critt.
      Gail

• Gail Norusis
      Participant

Hi Colleen,
      I’ll bet everyone is on baby watch this week. I’m sure Brook will be a good mother. And she’ll have lots of help from Mom and Grandma I’ll bet. I forgot to ask what does Mandy want to be called?
      I think you should have some sort of celebration for your 50th even if it’s just a small family get together. After all being married 50 years is quite a milestone and I think it should be recognized. I just know your Mom would want you to celebrate.
      We are getting snow which I would rather have than your freezing rain. I hope yours went away.
      Will the DWTS show be in downtown Saint Louis or a suburb. I saw that they were going to be in Rosemont which is a Chicago suburb but then I was just looking at the Coronado theater in Rockford’s line up and see they’re having a show there in March.
      Did I ask you if the hospital is far from Brook’s house? I feel like I did but maybe i just thought about it. (I’m getting old and forgetful) Does she want you in the waiting room or at the hospital when she goes into labor? I hope the weather cooperates.
      Gail

• Gail Norusis
      Participant

Hi Adele,
      What’s up with the multiple birthdays. This site says the 19th-your profile here says the 20th and it’s really the 22nd. I guess you want to celebrate for a whole week. That’s what we used to do in college my friends SIL birthday was October 14th, my friend’s birthday was the 16th and mine was the 18th so we would celebrate for a whole week.
      I’m glad that you had lots of visitors for your birthday. I hope it cheered you up a bit too.
      Hopefully Tillie will come up tonight if she doesn’t sleep too late.
      I, of course, had to get the butterfly shirt from Quacker yesterday. I am also trying a pair of their jogger pants. I seem to wear those anybody jogger pants around the house the most all winter. They are comfy and with the tight bottom edge you don’t have to worry if they are too long-as I refuse to buy pants that I have to shorten.
      Hmmmm-so a dropped egg on toast is like an egg sandwich with one piece of bread. lol I really had never heard that term before nor have i ever done that. it’s interesting what regional differences there are in foods. I wonder if anyone has ever written a book about that? it would be interesting to read.
      I always said that about the Patriots-there is a whole group of young people who must think that they are just a regular in the Super Bowl. lol
      Gail

• Anonymous
      Inactive

Gail the ting Adele is talking about is called egg in a hole here. Its been around forever. The Pioneer woman (Ree Drummond) makes them too & she is in Oklahoma so I thought they were known everywhere.

This site has the Birthdays mixed up. Watch for yours on your Birthday & it will be wrong. I have let them know but it has not been fixed. They are usually correct on the profile as you enter that when you sign up.

My apartment has always been like this. This last man has only had it a short while. He wants to sell it so not interested in fixing much. They have been showing it but no one has bought it. I wish some of them had as they had great ideas to fix it. The real estate lady could not believe there was no heat in my bedroom she kept moving things looking for a vent. I finally told her do you think I would be stupid enough to cover it up if one was there. That is when I found out the one next door does have a vent in the bedroom. Makes sense because when the people bought & fixed up this place (it use to be a church) was fixing it for their Mother so she had the one next door. She also never paid rent. She has died now & the building sold. But they would have wanted the best for her. I don’t think it would be so cold if they fixed the windows & doors. That is where you feel the cold air coming in. There are many things that need fixing but I don’t complain much as if they make improvements the rent will go up. The apartment downstairs is like mine just the one heater. They should put a furnace in with vent running to all the apartments but we just have our heaters with separate propane tanks so we pay our own heat. It gets expensive. I do have a space heater that I can use but it does not put out a lot of heat. I have looked at cuddle duds before but never bought any. It is the opposite in summer as the heat comes in where the cold does in winter & it gets hot but give me that anytime. I hate dressing like the Michilan man. How can you do anything that way.

• adele shanbar
      Participant

Hey Colleen

Sorry you are having all that freezing rain. That is awful. You can’t even celebrate a birthday right now! I hope the baby comes on a good day, with no ice.
      How is baby progress coming along?? I hope all is good, and getting close.
      Thank you for the birthday wishes. All the kids cannot be here in the middle of the week, so they are waiting for Sunday to celebrate. I hope Marissa, Enzo and Sonny come, as that would be so nice. I have only held him once so far.
      We are now getting more rain than snow on this weekend. So, that will not interfere with the kids coming this time.
      I hope you have a good time at your anniversary party, no matter what way you finally decide to do it. Youa nd Ron need a nice celebration. All those years- you deserve a party.
      Have a good night! Hope you get the baby call!! Prayers sent!!
      Adele

• adele shanbar
      Participant

hey girls!

Can’t wait for National Quacker Day!!!

Woohaa!!

Adele

• adele shanbar
      Participant

Hey Gailster!
      I have no idea what happened on the site. Is everyone else’s birthdays with multiples too? If I rememebr, I will tyr to get to my profile and change it, if I can. I never go on that part of the site…LOL
      So, Miss Tillie is coming up tonight. Seriously? She is making me crazy. Every time she says she is sick, I get a panic attack….I think…is this the day?? I swear to God, I will go before her. She sounds like herself today, and said her legs and belly were bothering her.
      So, tonight we are having a smorgasbord of dinner items. Leftover soup ( with the matzo balls), leftover corned beef for sandwiches, with the potato and cold slaw salads, and then if anyone wants, a little is left over from Heather’s dinner she made for us in Sunday.
      Gary had to go to the school tonight, as the night classes start for the adults again today. He will be exhausted tomorrow.
      the weather forecast changed. We are to have more rain than anything else up here over the weekend, so that is good for everyone.
      I find it very amusing how we all have different names for foods, and cook different variations of things. I am still shocked all of you had no idea what American Chop Suey was….LOL
      How is Greg liking his new stove? Still sweating down there???
      I wear the anybody pants every day aorund the house- have them in all colors and styles. I love them. I ordered the Quacker ones too, and hope the fabric is comfy, as there is no cotton in them at all.
      I knew you would get the butterfly shirt….LOL
      Have a good night!
      Adele

• adele shanbar
      Participant

Hi Sue!
      Do you like the dropped egg on toast? It is one of my favorite night breakfast items….LOL Isn’t it funny how food is called different names?
      I am adding an extra prayer that the new owner does the right thing, and fixes the heat, and the windows, so you will not continue to be cold. even if they do all new caulking, that will help so much, and then the rent will not go up as it is a minor cost for people to be comfy in their own home.
      I hope you have a good night. It was not as cold up here today. Hope it was warmer there too.
      Adele

• Colleen
      Participant

Hi Gail,
      Brook went to the doctor and if she does not go into labor they are going to induce her. I really hope that she goes into labor and they do not have to induce. It takes a long time when they have to induce and I think more painful. I have had both types of delivery and the induce was the worse for me. I am a big baby sometimes though. Mandy will be called Grandma and I will be called GG. That way the baby will not be confused.
      We are just going to have family and that is it. It will be nice with just the kids. I do not want a lot of people to be there. I do not think that I could enjoy it. I would be thinking of mom the whole time.
      We have been getting snow today and this evening. We are supposed to have more snow tomorrow. I am not sure how much we are supposed to get probably will find out. The weathermen do not get it right half the time. You are lucky that you did not get any of the freezing rain.
      How are the grands doing? Have not heard about them for awhile. I hope they are all doing well in school. Do you get to spend much time with them? Do you still go on Fridays?
      Colleen

• Colleen
      Participant

Hi Adele,
      Brook went to the doctor the other day and if she does not go into labor they will induce her. So we will see what happens. I will just be glad when the little one gets here.
      I hope you have a a great day with the kids over the week-end. It will be nice to celebrate again. Maybe Tillie will come upstairs for this celebration. I am sure that she will want to be there with you and the rest of the family. Maybe if one of them go down to her room and bring her up it will make a difference. It will be hard to say no if they are right with her.
      Your dinner sounds good. It is nice to have a smorgasbord. It is good to do that and use all the left overs and make it more interesting. We do that every once in awhile.
      We are getting snow now. The rain stopped and the snow began. We are supposed to have snow again tomorrow. I am not sure how much we are supposed to get.
      Thank-you for the prayers for Brook. I hope he gets here soon. Have a great night.
      Colleen

• adele shanbar
      Participant

Hey Colleen
      I hope the baby gets here before they induce too, as that makes the pains come very fast. I will be praying for a healthy baby, and a good, stress free delivery. So, you may be a GiGi before the end of the weekend. Go Colleen!!
      I am dying to see the boys again. They are so funny. i hope Tillie will come up tonight, and then tomorrow when the boys are here too. I am thinking I may do the birthday Saturday night- not sure, as they usually want to pick the boys up early on Sunday to get ready for school.
      I am so glad you are getting snow instead of ice. That would scare me, with Brook going to the hospital- and all of you too!
      It was in the 40’s here today. We are getting a rain storm some time tonight, into tomorrow, I think. Have nto heard the weather yet today.
      Do you have a name for the Itty Bitty yet?
      Have a good night. Take a nap in case you get a call in the middle of the night.
      Prayers sent!
      Adele

• Colleen
      Participant

Hi Adele,
      Well she has not gone into labor yet. Brook was here tonight and I told her to hurry up and go into Labor. She just laughed and said she wished she could. She is so big and ready to give birth. We are hoping that the baby will come this week-end. They are going to name the baby Greyson Oliver. I am not sure that I am spelling it right or not. I am not sure if she will spell it with an A or E.
      I hope that you have fun Saturday with the family. I will be glad if Tillie comes upstairs with all of you. It will be so much fun to have her up there with every one.
      We are done with the sleet and snow for now. Then it is coming back the end of next week. We will see it was supposed to snow all week-end but they said that it has passed thru.
      Colleen

• Gail Norusis
      Participant

Hi Adele,
      How was the birthday celebration? I hope everyone could come and that Tillie came up for it.
      Quiet weekend here. More snow so we mostly stuck around home except for Friday night.
      Kendall was showing me the stuff she bought when her Mom took her on a shopping trip for her birthday. Lot’s of stuff from Bath and Body works and Claire’s. Jenny went out to a going away party and left us with the kids. Piper must have worn herself out since she snuggled up next to Greg on the couch and fell asleep. Then Greg went over there on Saturday to help Jenny with something and Piper didn’t want him to leave but he told her he had to go home or Gigi(that’s me) would be mad. I said sure blame it on me. lol
      Kendall wants to have her own room so Piper is going to move down to the bedroom in the basement. We’ll see how that works out with her being down there by herself. I’ll bet she won’t want to sleep down there. lol
      I hope Marissa and Enzo brought the baby over so that you can see him again.
      Gail

• Gail Norusis
      Participant

Hi Colleen,
      I hope that you will have some baby news soon.
      I am called Gigi by my grands.
      The kids have been doing good in school this year. Kendall seems to have gotten past that stage where she got sick from not wanting to go. Lachlan gets such good reports from his teachers and scores really high on all the testing. And Piper is just Piper and seems to be able to adjust to anything.
      We still do go over most Fridays. This past Friday Jenny left us there with the kids so that she could go to a going away party.
      Not much going on around here recently. Friday night coming home the trees were really pretty as the rain changed to snow and the trees were all coated with snow and looked like a Christmas card.
      Gail

• Colleen
      Participant

Hi Gail,
      The baby is here. He arrived at 5:14 pm. She went into the hospital at midnight and was in labor all that time. The baby is so cute I cannot wait to hold him. They sent us a picture of Brook holding him with the biggest grin on her face.
      That is good that Kendall is over getting sick about going to school. She really had a rough time for awhile. It is nice that you still go to Jenny’s every Friday and spend time with the kids. We got to spend time with Aliza and Owen over the week-end. We went out to eat and took Aliza birthday shopping. We had a hard time getting her to pick something out she finally got a troll doll and a book. She almost spent $15.00 dollars worth of stuff. I could not believe that she did not pick something better. So when we went to Costco we found an outfit for her and bought that. She is so funny when you take her shopping.
      I love to see the trees after a snow or the freezing rain. That is the only good thing about freezing rain it looks pretty on the trees. We are warming up a little so no more snow for awhile.
      Well that is all from here. Have a great day.
      Colleen
      p.s. for got to say the baby weighed 7pds 11ounces.

• Gail Norusis
      Participant

Hi Colleen,
      Cograts to Brook! I’ll bet the baby is a doll. 7 lbs. 11 oz is a pretty good sized baby. I’ll bet she is happy and exhausted. I’m sure you will get to see him soon.
      I’m glad you got to see Owen and Aliza this weekend. Aliza needs to step up her shopping game. lol That’s what’s nice about shopping for the smaller kids is that the things they want are usually fairly reasonably priced. When they start to be teenagers everything gets more expensive.
      Gail

• adele shanbar
      Participant

Hey Gailster
      Everyone came Sunday accept Amanda- she was working. Baby came and everyone got to hold him. he is so snugly and little. He rarely opens his eyes. he eats and sleeps. Very content little thing. Tillie did come upstairs too, so that was good.
      I have to hurry and read the posts to see if Colleen’s baby is here yet…….LOL
      I wonder how Barbara is doing, and Sue are doing. At least it is warmer for Sue’s area right now, so that is good.
      That is funny about Greg. Gary does the same thing- he blames everything on me. I am thinking the same thing- your granddaughter will nto sleep alone downstairs. w We will have to see if we are right. You never know, she may surprise all of us….LOL
      I sent you a text a few days ago about integrating a dog with a baby. Did you get it??
      It is in the 40’s up here,and we are getting a snow storm on Saturday. Go figure!
      Have a good one!
      Adele

• adele shanbar
      Participant

Hey Colleen
      Sorry there is no baby yet. I hope at every post I read the news will be…he’s here! LOL
      I bet she is so uncomfortable. I know Marissa was.
      Did you see AGT last night? Ave you notched that Heidi looks very different? Gary and I think she looks pregnant. Have you hard anything about her lately?? We were surprised they let the little boy comedienne through.
      I am glad you did nto get blasted with snow and ice. Brook needs clean and safe streets to get to the hospital…best of luck for baby to come quickly!!’
      Adele

• adele shanbar
      Participant

Hey Great grandma!!
      Congrats!! Ingrates!! Congrats!!
      So glad baby is here, all safe and sound. Thank God!
      Adele

• Dianne Danielson
      Participant

HI COLLEEN!!!

C O N G R A T U L A T I O N S!!!!! Sorry I’m late getting back to you. I bet you are on the moon with your new addition to the family!! You’ll have to get some pics & post em on here. It isn’t that hard to do. If you don’t know how, someone in the family probably does. I don’t know how they know, but kids can figure these technical machines out in a snap.

We’ve had a couple verrrrry soooogggggggy days here. The rain has stopped for the time being. Mild temps, could be in the upper 50s by the weekend.
      I think we’re out of danger of getting snow now. They don’t see any cold air coming down from Alaska or Canada, as far as I know. we’ve had a few landslides but no one hurt. One lane of a local highway will be closed for several days while they clean up the landslide & secure the area.

Critt’s still in the hospital. they had to go ahead & do the surgery last Friday. They had postponed it but they said it had to be done. He was in surgery 4 hrs. He should be going to rehab this week. I haven’t heard from him yet. I’ve been feeding his cat, & she may think I’m her ‘mom’ before he gets home.

Diane brought my tubs of flowers back so that’ll brighten up my apt. Snowball hasn’t seen the flowers yet, so that should be interesting. I’ve taken over her shelf & she’s not happy about it.
      Well, that’s about it for now
      CONGRATS AGAIN.
      DD
      PS: I thought I lost this, but I managed to save it..whew!!
      Do ya think I’m pushing spring????LOL

Attachments:
    • Colleen
      Participant

Hi DD,
      We are really excited to see the baby. He is si cute and we were at the hospital yesterday and I got to hold him for a long time and rocked. He is going to be so spoiled with all of us around.
      We were getting a lot of rain here and then we are supposed to get some snow tonight. It is not supposed to be a lot but it will be some on the ground. It won’t last long and it will melt.
      That is good that Critt had his surgery and is doing ok. Does he have family that can let you know how he is doing? It seems like he had kids are nephews if I remember right. I may have him confused with someone else.
      I love the pictures of the flowers. They are so pretty and the butterflies are also.It will not be much longer and it will be spring. It seems like the seasons are going by so fast. I wish they would slow down a bit. It is nice that you have your flowers back up in your apartment. That will make it seem a lot brighter.
      Colleen

• Colleen
      Participant

Hi Adele,
      The baby is so pretty. I got to hold him for a long time yesterday. He is so cute and will lay so still while I rock him. If I could bring him home I would but think that my granddaughter would not let me. lol It is just so exciting to have our first great grand child. How did we get so old Adele. I will try and get Kylie here and help me post a picture.
      I do not watch AGT. I want to start watching the masked singer. It is coming on Sunday I think they said. I will record it on the dvr so I do not miss it. I have tried to catch when it is on but miss it every time.
      Brook came home today. We did not go over she needed time to get use to being home for awhile. She will have to get the baby use to his new room. They named him Grayson. I have been spelling it with an e and found out I was wrong.
      I am glad that the baby got to come to your party. How exciting that Tillie came upstairs also. It must have been a fun night. I was thinking about mom when we saw the baby. She would have been so excited.
      Well that is all from here. Have a great day.
      Colleen

• Colleen
      Participant

Hi Gail,
      We are so excited that the baby being here. He is so cute. We went to the hospital yesterday and spent a long time there. I got to hold him for a long time.He is just so cute and tiny. They came home today and doing well.
      It was nice to get to spend time with Aliza and Owen. He was excited to show us his report card. He got all A and A+ s . He was so excited. He is in an advanced math class and that amazed all of us. None of us were any good at Math. Ron is good but not like Owen. It is funny how proud we get over our grands grades. We all have some smart grand kids.
      Well that is about all from here. Have a great day.
      Colleen

• adele shanbar
      Participant

Hey DD!
      No, you are not pushing Spring….LOL This time of year we all get antsy to see blooms and green out there. Winter is so bare and dreary with it’s colors…..accept for the pretty white snow, which we have also not seen.
      That was so nice for your friend to drop off the flowers. Plus, another visit is nice too. You have so many people who care about you, and that is a wonderful thing.
      I am always adding a prayer for Critt. His situation just does not sound good. It reminds me too much of our friend Al. I saw an old ic of him the other day, and I was horrified at the difference in his face. Very sad to see.
      I finally sprung for a new wedding band for Gary- I found one real cheap at JC Penney. It is supposed to arrive today. I guess I am still hoping his will be found, as it was a big, pretty ring. This one is very small….LOL
      It has been sunny here all week. They keep changing the report for Saturday, so we are not sure what we will get…..LOL
      Hope your day is going well!
      Adele
      PS……so, I got 4 complaints from two people on my dinner last night. (Gary and Heather, as Bobby ate before he got home) Pics attached. I was going to do American Chop Suey tonight, but, I decided they can figure out for themselves what they will eat…..LOL

Attachments:
    • adele shanbar
      Participant

Hey Colleen!!
      So many good wishes sent to your and Ron, and the entire family!!! A new life is such a joy. Maybe you will see your Mom in his eyes.
      What happened to you is what I was afraid would happen to us too. i was very scared Tillie owuld nto make the birth. But, she did, and I am so grateful she was able to be here. I am so terribly sorry you did not get to have that joy too.
      You are going to have so much fun with Grayson. I think it is funny our great grandsons have such large names for such tiny people….LOL I got Santino a cute 3 piece Valentines outfit from Kohl’s. Marissa could not find one, and I was getting heart socks, and a hand towel for the girls, and found it. I got JJ and Aizen a heart type of t shirt too. Ill attach a pic of the socks and towel, as they came today, as well as baby’s outfit.
      I hope the roads clear out quick, so you can pop by and visit the baby! It is clear up here, as we have had rian. Storm for Saturday keeps changing. So, we may be lucky.
      Hope you have a good night!! Congrats….congrats….congrats!!!!

Attachments:
    • Gail Norusis
      Participant

Hey DD,
      I enjoy the pictures of the pretty flowers. I’m looking forward to spring but know we won’t see anything like that until April or May.
      I will keep Critt in my prayers. I’m glad that he has you to feed his kitty.
      Gail

• Gail Norusis
      Participant

Hi Colleen,
      I’m glad that you got to see and hold the baby. Little Grayson is a special boy. I’m sure both your Mom and Dad are looking down from heaven and showering him with love.
      Wow! Owen got a good report card. He has a lot to be proud of. I am okay at math but have a hard time following the way it is taught now. So different from the way we learned it. It’s even different from how Jenny learned it as she sometimes has to look things up to help her kids and she is good at math since her degree is in accounting.
      I hope the weather stays good so you can go see Grayson again soon.
      Gail

• Gail Norusis
      Participant

Hi Adele,
      So the baby’s name is Santino and they will call him Sonny? That is a big name for a little one. lol
      I don’t blame you for being on strike. 4 complaints from 2 people-so is that 2 apiece?
      I can’t imagine what they would complain about. It looks like potatoes, carrots and either chicken or pork-what’s not to like.
      I can usually tell if Greg is not crazy about something I make but he never says anything unless i ask-like if it is a new recipe-and then I just drop it from the rotation but after someone goes through the trouble of cooking people should not really complain-I would just be glad that someone cooked for me.
      Will JJ and Aizen wear a shirt with a heart on it?
      I will have to check Heidi out next time AGT is on but let’s face it she is 46-I know people have babies later now and she did just get remarried so we will see. I was surprised that they kept the little boy too. I think they should just let the person with the third most votes go through rather than having the judges pick from 3rd 4th and 5th place.
      Brent has been looking at houses to buy so I guess the idea of him transferring back this way is gone. He may be in line for a promotion coming up so that may be why he’s looking for something more permanent. I figure as long as you can afford it it’s better to buy than to rent anyway. That way you will always get something back on your investment.
      Gail

• Colleen
      Participant

Hi Adele,
      The outfits that you bought the baby are so cute. I like the heart socks also. I am really happy for you. Your mom got to be there and a new baby. Santino is a long name for a baby. That is cute that they are going to call him Sonny. I have no idea what they are going to call Grayson. It is hard to figure out a good nickname for him. They will either call him Gray or Sonny when he goes to school.
      Your dinner looks really good. I cannot believe what they had to complain about. I would not cook for them for awhile. Let them find out that your cooking is much better they are acting like and they are going to miss it. I would wait until they asked me to cook before I would do it again.
      I am going to go and see the baby Saturday if I can wait that long. I may end up going over there earlier. The baby is so cute. We have to go by where they live when we go to town. So it is not too far to go.
      I will not see my grands for Valentines day so do not get them anything. I have bought them boxes of candy and then not see them until March for St. Patricks day. So it seemed like a waste.
      Colleen
      p.s. We are not old enough to be great grandmas. I do not feel old enough.

• Colleen
      Participant

Hi Gail,
      The kids are growing so fast. Everything is getting to be so different in school. They use those Chrome books and I am not sure how they work. The kids seem to know and work them like pros.
      I bet you have mixed feelings about Brent buying a house where he is living now. It is hard to think that they will never move back home again. It will be like that with Melissa and Stephen. They will find a state that they like and stay there. They really like Tennessee so they may move there. They have so many options there is no telling where they will end up.
      Your grands get really good grades in school also. You have talked it about it before. Unless I have you confused with someone else. My brain has gone on a vacation.
      I thought Adele’s meal looked really good. I cannot believe they complained about it. Poor Adele I would quit cooking for them for awhile. They will be asking her to start cooking again.
      Well that is about all from here. Have a good night.
      Colleen

• adele shanbar
      Participant

Hey Gailster!
      I feel the same way- such a big name for a tiny person….LOL
      Well it was pretty even on complaints. Gary said the carrots were not all soft, and he will not eat sweet potatoes. Heather agreed on the larger carrots, and said the pork was a little dry. So, I was pissed. Pork is never juicy, as if it is, it is nto cooked all the way through. When I cut it, there was a faint shade of pink in the middle- so it was not overcooked. I only gave Gary one half of a white potato, and an equal piece of sweet potato. Told him if he doe snot eat the sweet potato, there will e no more white potato in his dish. With a real scowl on his face, he ate the sweet potato pice ( equal to half a potato- white) So, I gave him two more half pieces of potato. Heather wanted to pack up the leftovers, and I stopped her, saying….if you did nto like the pork the first time aorund, you definitely will not like it heated up. She did save the potatoes and carrots…..LOL .
      I have not cooked since Tuesday. I will make the American chop Suey tomorrow night…even though Tillie tells me it is not her fondest meal. Seriously???? Are they all nuts?? I can eliminate the food shopping completely, and have menus on the table. God help me. I should know better. There is not one meal I make that I get no complaints. I have always eaten what people have provided. I always say it is good, even if I cannot eat it. Once a friend of mine had us over for a bbq. the meat was so tough I could not chew it. It really was awful. I discretely spit it in my napkin and then threw the napkin out myself. so nobody would notice. I told them it was delicious. And……the only reason I had to spit it out was, it was making me gag. So, no, I do not appreciate the constant negative comments. It would have been fine if one said…the bigger carrots are a little firm- let’s put them in the microwave for a minute….that would have been totally fine! Sorry for bitching….LOL
      So, today I face timed Marissa. She will come by Saturday, if the weather is ok. Amanda is coming by tomorrow, before her shift.
      I also had Nancy and Gerald here for brunch….good visit!! Good day!
      Hope your night is good….
      Adele

• Gail Norusis
      Participant

Hi Colleen,
      Well you know I wrote to you this morning and when I came back here and looked it was gone. I don’t know if I got interrupted and forgot to post it or what.
      You know I thought those chrome books were like laptops but i don’t really know. I will have to ask Kendall to show me about hers. Just imagine if we had seen those when we were kids. We would have thought it was something from outer space.
      Our grands have been getting good grades so far-knock on wood.
      I do have mixed feelings about Brent staying out there but I am not surprised. I know he wouldn’t want to live in Harvard and probably wouldn’t go back to Rockford because of Kim dying there and you gotta go where the work is. Plus he’s still seeing Tenasha so that might be getting serious. My parents didn’t live close to any of their kids once i was an adult and Greg’s parents had two far away-one close and us two hours away. Maybe Stephen and Melissa will surprise you and settle somewhere close to you-I don’t know how much longer he has to serve or if he is going to make it his career-so a lot depends on that too.
      You and Adele are both too young to be great grandmas. it seems like my great grandma was in her 90’s. You are the young hip great grandma club.
      Adele, Colleen and I support your strike. No cooking for the ungrateful! lol

Now I will try to remember to actually post this.
      Gail

• adele shanbar
      Participant

Hey Colleen!
      That outfit for the baby is a 3 piece one, and I paid less than 10.00 for it. It has 2 onesies and a pair of pants. How cute is that? I lucked out on that one.
      I bet you are counting the hours until you go see the baby. Marissa said she will try to come by on Saturday, as long as the weather does not change. they are now saying we will get some rain, and very little snow flakes.
      There are days I feel old enough to be a great grandma, and days I do not….LOL We are really blessed to have our grands and great grands in our lives. Life just does not get any better then this.
      I have not cooked since the incident….LOL I will cook tomorrow, as I have had the meat out since Tuesday night. It was still frozen in the fridge on Wednesday, so tomorrow I do need to use it.

Gailster
      I forgot to say…that is fabulous news about Brent. I will say a prayer he gets a nice house, that is in great shape, and he will be very happy in it!! this is the first time in a long time, that there is such good news for Brent. He has had such a hard time with his health. You and Greg must be thrilled!
      Woohaa….love the good news!!
      Adele

• Dianne Danielson
      Participant

Hi Ladies,
      From the sounds of it there are 2 of you are on the moon. I see you floating around out there, lol. Well the big game is this weekend. where did Jan. go?
      And from what I’m hearing on the news we’re in for colder weather when Feb. rolls around. Just like last yr. Jan. was warmer than normal, then when Feb.
      showed up it was like someone flipped the switch to cold. This yr we’ve had LOTS of rain in Jan. One of the wettest on record I believe. Now comes the rumors of that dreaded 4 letter word, SNOW!! And here I thought we were out of danger. Just as long as it doesn’t snow in June.

Adele did you share my response to the complaints about your delicious dinner the other night? If not I’ll share it here.
      I told Adele, I’d serve mud pies, (made with real mud) for the next meal. Or they’d be cooking their own from now on.

Wasn’t that AWFUL about Kobe Bryant & his daughter? All the NBA teams are still reeling from the news. Our Portland TrailBlazers had to play that night & their hearts weren’t in it. When they were interviewed you could see the pain in their eyes, & hear it in their voices. the Lakers were always our biggest rival, esp back when Kobe was leading the team back then. I know most if not all of you aren’t interested in basketball, but I wanted to talk about it.
      Barbara I hope you’re feeling better & the tests came out good.
      Critt’s supposed to be released to rehab tomorrow, but don’t know for sure yet. It’s been pushed back so many times I lost count..
      Well, I guess that’s all I have for now.
      Take care,
      dd

Attachments:
    • Colleen
      Participant

Hi Gail , Adele, DD,
      I have been trying to post on here and not having much luck. It keeps throwing me off the internet so am giving up for tonight will try again tomorrow.
      Have a good night
      Colleen

• Colleen
      Participant

Hi Gail,
      It is hard to go thru our kids moving away. I know that they have to go where the jobs are and where they want to live. It is hard for them to move away. I wish that they could stay close to us forever but that doesn’t always work out.
      That is great the the kids are doing good in school. we have a lot to be proud of with our grands. They all seem to be doing really well in school and like school. I am glad that Kendall is doing well and not getting sick and coming home. Did they ever figure out why she was like that? I feel sorry for kids that go thru that. You know that something is going on just do not know what.
      Adele is going to have to start cooking things she likes and if they do not like it do not eat. That is terrible that they do that to her. She cooks even when she is hurting.
      Well I guess that I said too much. I need to mind my own business. I guess that my family does things that I do not like either. They are kids even though they are as old as they are.
      Well that is about all from here. I hope this goes thru. Have a good night.
      Colleen

• Colleen
      Participant

Hi Adele,
      You are going to just have to cook what you like and if they like it fine and if not they can fix their own. You fix meals and even whenyou are hurting and they should appreciate it. I hope that I do not make you mad saying that. You can tell me to mind my own business.
      You really got a good deal on that outfit. It is so cute. They usually have good deals on clothes on little ones but when they get older they really raise the prices. everybody finds such cute things at Kohls and I can never find anything. It really makes me upset. I would take my mom there and she would find things to buy but I would find nothing.
      We are going to see the baby tomorrow. Danyielle and Aliza will be there also. So it will be nice to be there. It is nice that Marissa is bringing Sonny over to see you. It is fun to hold them and cuddle them.
      I think that DD has a good idea of what to fix for dinner. could you see everyones face if they found mud pies on the their plates. I bet they would want the dinner you had the other night.
      Colleen

• Colleen
      Participant

Hi DD,
      I think that you have a good idea to make the mud pies. Adele’s family will eat whatever she fixes and not complain. I did have to laugh when you said that.
      I think that we can have snow all the way thru March. I can remember some snow storms on Easter. Weather is really crazy here. Sounds like you have crazy weather like us. Hope they are wrong about the snow.
      That was sad about Kobe Bryant. He was a good basket ball player. It is so sad that his daughter was with him. I wonder about the other passengers that were flying in that helicopter. Did they ever figure out what happened? I can see why it would be hard to play a game when a good player has died. He was also a nice person.You can talk about basket ball. We like it do not watch as much as we use to. We go to high school games sometimes it is fun to watch the kids play.
      The doctors are really watching out for Critt and do not want to send him too soon. I am still adding him to my prayers. I hope he comes home soon. Do they have home care there? They have nurses that will come to the home here and help elderly patients.
      Have you tried those comfy pants fromQuacker? I got a pair and they are so comfortable and I bought another pair they are that comfortable. I would like to get some different colors.
      Colleen

• Gail Norusis
      Participant

Starting a new discussion page for February. See you there.

• adele shanbar
      Participant

Hey DD
      I shared your comments with the crazy family members….LOL They were spot on….LOL
      It is awful about Kobe and his daughter. What a terrible shame. I heard there was something for safety missing from the helicopter- some sensor that is not required to be there, but would have saved their lives.
      I ahve been adding a prayer for Critt every night. I hope he is able to step down to a nursing home, and that he gets into a good one.
      You are so right- we are both thrilled with the tiny new family members. Marissa came over with Sonny yesterday, and she stayed a long time. Heather was thrilled.
      I have nto been on in a few days, and I will try to read all the posts and answer them. I am hoping one is from Barbara, and Sue!
      I hope the commercials tonight are entertaining…… we are having pigs in a blanket for a snack.
      Have a good night!
      Adele

• adele shanbar
      Participant

Hey Colleen
      hope there is another post from you on here!
      Adele

• adele shanbar
      Participant

Hey Colleen
      I think you are on point with all your comments. Not upset at all. LOL
      All our kids are doing so good in school, we are blessed. I think they come home saying they are sick because of the bathrooms. JJ will not go to the bathroom at school. Apparently, they are gross. If he has to move his bowels he holds it, and there are times that cannot happen, and he either goes at the nurses office, or calls his mom to get him. Every school up here the kids complain about the bathrooms. My next door neighbors boys will nto even pee in school. the schools really need to do something about it.
      I am dying to hear about your visit with your baby!! Marissa was here for a long time yesterday, and Heather was so excited to have the baby that long. Marissa asked her mom to babysit while she gets a tattoo of the date of his birth- how funny is that? Marissa said she woudl never get a tattoo. We were all blown away by that revelation.
      So, tonight I did cook- macaroni is cooking for dinner now. We are doing pigs in a blanket for the game.
      I go on line for Kohls as they do not have the stock or stuff they have on the internet. Go on line you will be so excited!!
      Have a good night.
      Adele

Viewing 141 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Share on Facebook
Facebook
Pin on Pinterest
Pinterest
Tweet about this on Twitter
Twitter
Email this to someone
email

Share this with a Smile
X Close
Watch QVC
top finds links QVC LIVE QVC PLUS QVC UK