Attachments:
    • Anonymous
      Inactive

Love the dog. Snow ones nope.
      Happy New Year.

• Gail Norusis
      Participant

Hi Adele,
      We have a bed where you can raise and lower the head and feet. But we had to get the split king as I don’t like my side in the same position as Greg likes his. When we tried it without the split in the store I felt like I was rolled in a taco shell the way he raised both his head and his feet. I love the bed as I can make it softer or harder according to how my body is feeling that particular day. Here are the cons though. The split king is hard to make. You have to raise the head of the bed and get behind it to get the fitted sheets on-at least that’s the only way that I can do it. maybe if you were really tall you could do it another way. Also the sleep number sheets are expensive but are not as thick as i like. I like a sturdy feeling top sheet and these feel kind of flimsy-I don’t think the thread count is high enough. Hopefully they improve on that and I can eventually get better ones. I bought split king sheets from the Q and they are thicker but the fitted sheets don’t stay on as well as the ones from sleep Number. In spite of all that I don’t think I would ever go back to an innerspring mattress. The previous one we had was an expensive one from Sterns and Foster and within three years we were both rolling toward the middle of the bed as it sunk in the middle. There was still a warranty but you had to do so much stuff to get something done about it that it was just not worth it to jump through all the hoops but i will not recommend Sterns and Foster to anyone because of that.
      The spammers did not hack the site and get info-they just come on and start discussion topic after discussion topic-basically just to mess with the site. I often think it’s bored kids doing that. I think if you do enough of that and the site cannot handle it it crashes the site. it’s an annoyance.
      We don’t have a McAlisters restaurant either. Never heard of them.
      We call going out to dinner that early going for the blue hair special. lol
      Yesterday it was rainy here too-then it got dark and when Greg turned the light on to go out on the deck and grill our steak it was snowing. So now we do have a ground cover of snow. We don’t really even know when the rain changed over. I’m glad that we weren’t out.
      I found the measuring spoons on Etsy. I find so many cute gifts there. The guy makes his own molds for the spoons, melts the pewter himself and pours it into the molds to make the spoons. He also made a display rack for them which looked like half a guitar which I also bought. I get lots of neat gifts on Etsy. Things are handmade and you can get lots of personalized stuff. Last year I got Greg a personalized box for his guitar picks and wine glasses with guitars and The Choirboys written on them. For my SIL wedding I got them a plaque with their names and wedding date on it that had the words to the song Greg sang at their wedding. I found my friend who likes cats and likes to read someone who made a cat book mark that could be personalized with her name. This year I got Greg a new leather guitar strap with his name on it and a picture of instruments that represent The Choirboys. I found a woman who sews the cutest Christmas purses and got one for myself. I think you would love Etsy as you do handwork and sew. You would enjoy the handcrafted items. you can also find things like vintage glassware. Handmade jewelry items. There are hand crafted quilts. There is one woman who makes quilts that look like books on bookshelves and I have been drooling over her items. They are expensive but i know hand made quilts are. Some day I may bite the bullet and treat myself.
      It is funny that things are a matter of perspective. Barbara, did say that she wanted to feel useful-that’s why i thought maybe she would like to try volunteering before committing to an actual job. I think there are many retired people who volunteer as i see them in various capacities. I always think of my Dad’s dearest friend who was quite a wealthy man and he retired probably in his mid fifties. He was so bored as he was always such a go getter that he ended up working in some capacity at Walmart. He didn’t need to he just probably retired too early and needed to keep busy. Sometimes you have people that like to work so much that they don’t know how to relax. Then you have people like my 75 year old brother who needs to work. He has always been kind of a dreamer and never really planned for his later life and now just has a very small social security to live on so he needs to keep working. The older he gets the harder that is even though he can teach college. My sister and I worry about him as he never really planned for his old age. But that’s a whole other story.
      Bacon buns are not a regional thing. They are a Lithuanian thing. It is a bread roll stuffed with a mixture of bacon, sausage and onion. So you have to make and raise the dough. Roll it out and cut it into circles and then stuff it with the meat mixture and bake them. i had never heard of them before I knew Greg either. There’s probably two bakeries on the south side of Chicago close to some of the old Lithuanian neighborhoods that you can actually buy them in. Greg’s Mom used to get us a couple bags every time we came into the city and his sister used to bring us some from the bakery when she used to come out a lot after her husband died. I know one of our nephews makes them sometimes and so does Brent-so the recipe will live on.
      Last night we watched Going My Way. Neither of us had seen it in a long time. That story is loosely based on the formation of The Paulist Choir which was the choir that Greg was in as a boy. We also watched Holiday Inn-that Fred Astaire really could cut a rug. Then we caught part of Duck Soup and as everyone knows Groucho is my comedic idol. We were awake at midnight although we may have dozed off in between. lol
      We had a surf and turf dinner with cole slaw and home made bread as Greg ran out of filling before he ran out of dough so he just baked the rest up in a loaf. It was probably better than what you could get in a restaurant and we didn’t have to go out in the snow.
      I think Jenny was taking the kids to this place today where they have rock walls and trampolines and all those kinds of things. So they should be worn out-at least for a little while-plus they would have been swimming in the hotel pool. I’m glad they got where they were going before the rain changed to snow too.
      Happy 2019 everyone! May it be full of joy and good health for all our Quacky families.
      Gail

• Gail Norusis
      Participant

Sue,
      I thought the one with the horse was pretty. The one with the giraffe was interesting as the snow would have to be awfully deep to come up that high so I wondered where it was taken and how. The poor dog doesn’t look very happy with all the snow attached to her fur. it reminded me of how our longer haired dogs would sometimes look after playing in the snow. They really do get those clumps on their legs if their fur is longer.

• Gail Norusis
      Participant

Hi Everyone,
      Hope you all had a good New Years Day. Ours was very quiet. We were still babysitting Callie until mid afternoon.
      No new years traditional food for us as neither of us can stand that pickled herring that our parents ate for good luck on New Years. I think I’ll start a new tradition like eating brownies is good luck for the new year.
      I wonder how long before I’ll actually remember to write 2019. Is anyone going to watch that new program tonight where famous people dress up in costumes and sing and the panel has to guess who they are. It looks stupid but I am copying it anyway and will give it a shot. It’s on Fox.
      DD, you should check in. We haven’t heard from you for awhile.
      Sue, I see gardenman has picked the Eagles in Sunday’s game. Isn’t he from the Philly area so no surprise there. I think his tag line is fly eagles fly. lol
      Greg had a close call on the way to work this morning. The roads were slick and he came on a place where one person was in a ditch with their car upside down and another was just in the ditch so he was driving very carefully and a semi came over the hill coming towards him and it was fishtailing all over the place and he had no where to go to get out of the way so he just pulled over as far as he could go and it went fishtailing by and ended up eventually turning completely around so it was headed the opposite direction. That’s enough to wake you up in the morning. So I’m grateful to God that he came home safely tonight. Those icy roads can be so tricky as you have no control at all.
      I am like Colleen and will not even thinking about taking things down until after Epiphany. Then everything looks so dull and empty. I do love the sparkle and cheerfulness of the Christmas lights. I can see why people keep trees up all year long and just put different decorations on them for different months.
      This is weird. I did nothing to my hand but all of a sudden I have a big sore bump on it. I suspect maybe it’s a spider bite although usually when it is you can see kind of a hole where the bite is but not this time. If it starts itching eventually I’ll know for sure it was a bite.
      Well, better get to making some dinner.
      Gail

• Anonymous
      Inactive

Gail, Gardenman lives in NJ & he is a huge Eagles fan. I think he follows all of the NFL but the Eagles are his team. You are right he has fly Eagles fly on all his posts. His leg is starting to heal a little but its been a year I think so they have to make some decisions what to do next. I was worried about him for a while as he had no money coming in but his disability came through finally so he is doing ok now. He has not had an easy life but he is always upbeat.
      I know what Greg feels like. He is lucky it is very frightening like when I was the one that ended up in the ditch. It happens so quick & nothing you can do.
      These holidays are making me lose my mind. I put my trash out last night & wondered why it was still there today when I realized it is Wed. & they pick up on Thur. So it is there for tomorrow.
      We are still in this rainy dreary pattern. The weatherman says for a couple more weeks at least. I am so sick of having the lights on all day long. We saw a small amount of sun on New Years day but did not last long. He said our best chance to see any will be Friday.

• Colleen
      Participant

Hi Gail,
      I like all of your pictures you posted. It is interesting seeing the giraffe in the snow almost up to his head. Makes you wonder where that was taken and how they got the giraffe to stand in it. Has to be trick photography. The dog is so cute. I can see why he is not happy with snow on his paws.
      We have Mc Alisters here. They have really good food. We have to go into St. Louis to eat there. They do not have any out our way. It is not that far to drive to get there and there is one close to my daughters.
      Your surf and turf dinner sounds really good. We had Lentil soup. So we really had a special meal. lol We usually have something better but this year we did not feel like cooking. We both have colds we caught them from Aliza. Aliza is going to be three in January. It is so hard to believe. It seems like she was just born. Time is going by fast.
      Melissa called me yesterday and was telling me all the things that she cooked for the new year. She had to fix greens, some type of pork, black eyed peas and corn bread. She has to fix all of that so they will have a good year. I5t is a tradition of his family. I would have to object with the greens. They have to have collard green in with what other greens that they have. She also fixes mustard greens. That is just going too far. The only thing that I have ever fixed was black eyed peas and that was because the kids liked them.
      That is scary about the truck fishtailing and Greg having to get out of the way. Some time people drive too fast and they lose control. I am not saying that all those people were driving too fast. I better just drop this.
      Spider bites are the worse. You never see them coming they are just there before you know it. It is cold here but no snow. Well that is about all from here. Have a great night.
      Colleen

• Gail Norusis
      Participant

Hey Sue,
      We are getting sun today and I hope that you are too. I can’t believe what a difference it makes in my whole attitude when it is sunny out. The gloomy days just make me want to hibernate and the sunny days fill me with purpose.
      We were just saying the same thing-the holidays have made us lose track of what day of the week that it is.
      I’m glad gardenman is doing better. I remember reading his posts when he first (was it broke his leg) my memory isn’t so good and then I kind of lost track of him for awhile. He used to post in the book forum sometimes which is where I usually hang out but he hasn’t posted there in awhile. I know he does the Big Brother posts but I don’t watch so I’m not really interested. I had forgotten that he does the NFL until recently.
      Of course what would really help him a lot would be if he would write a book that would sell well. Then he would have some extra income. I have read his book Becoming Santa-I think it was called and I do have the book about the advertising campaign for the Super Bowl-can’t think of the name right now. I don’t know if there are any others. I really enjoyed the Christmas one that he wrote-but the book business is hard to break into. My brother’s two books are self published and unless you get big word of mouth advertisement or something goes viral with it your sales are pretty limited.
      I imagine lots of QVC folks are Eagles fans too. We’ll just have to see what happens.
      Gail

• Gail Norusis
      Participant

Hi Colleen,
      I thought that giraffe picture was interesting too. Can’t exactly figure out if it is real or photo shopped.
      Maybe McAlisters is more of a southern thing as Adele doesn’t have them either. It sounds good though.
      Greg has a cold now too-so I am trying to stay away from him. I will make soup for dinner. He is not crazy about chicken soup so I will make hamburger soup.
      Aliza will be three already. Wow! Kendall’s birthday is in January too-the 16th. She will be eleven. Next year in 6th grade she will be in junior high.
      All those foods that Melissa had to make are the ones I hear people making for good luck on New years Day. I’m sure there are others too-like the herring my folks used to eat. You know, I have never made greens so i wouldn’t know what to do with them if I had them.
      We have sun today and mild weather for the next few days. Maybe if we are lucky we will have a mild winter.
      We have not even had to turn on the water heater that keeps the pipes in our master bath from freezing yet-we usually have to turn it on in early December.
      Gail

• adele shanbar
      Participant

Hello everyone
      First, so glad Greg was able to escape the path of the semi! I don’t think I could make the split bed, as there is no way for me to get behind the bed here. It does sound like the best of both worlds.
      I hope Sue’s team wins and is in the playoffs.
      Glad Colleen is ok, and nothing happened there.
      I hope Barbara is ok, and if she needs to go back to work for her own sanity, I know she will find a job. She is one nurse I woudl like to have by my side.
      That being said, here it comes….
      We went to be New years Eve saying all we wanted for the new year was no more ER visits, health issues, or deaths. God, who loves to test me to see how far He can go, gave me 5 hours. At 5am, I heard Tillie screaming “help me” over and over. I called her, and she said she couldn’t get up, and needed to pee. Called bobby, and he got her to the bathroom, saying she walked there fine with her walker. As she was “very sick”, i dialed 911, and off we went, for a 13 hour stint in the ER.
      Physically, she is fine. Mentally, she is not. The geriatric social worker told me those episodes are panic attacks in the elderly, whihc took me by surprise. I seriously thought she was becoming senile. they saw how bad she was, and recommended a geriatric psyche in patient stay. No beds were available so they kept her in the ER overnight. She was moved to a facility yesterday, at a local hospital. I had a conference call with the social worker, Psychiatrist, and MD, and the end result is, they will keep her for probably 2 weeks. They gave her amed last night, and she said that was the best sleep in a very, very long time. They also told me a lot about pancreatic cancer. It can also cause depression, and they feel ehr back pain is due to it as well, as well as the nausea, and dizziness. So, I am glad I dialed 911, and glad she is at this facility. The plan is for a 2 week stay, to stabilize her on a med, and then have palliative care set up, which they will introduce there…..a nice word for Hospice. She is not dying right now, but, I think Hospice is good for her to help with end of life situations, and her depression.
      I like the place she is at, and the staff. She is in a good place, and they will get her ready to come back home, and enjoy the rest of her life.
      I hope I didn’t miss any issues, or problems you all have had. You are all in my prayers, every single night.
      Love you guys!
      Adele

• Anonymous
      Inactive

Gail still no sun here. It is to get colder the end of January & be very cold in February & probably lots of that evil snow. They are saying the cold will last into May. It sounds like a repeat of last year no spring.
      If you want to see Gardenman’s books. On Amazon type in his name & what is available comes up. He has 7 right now for .99 Kindle edition. I loved Sara X but it may not be you thing because she is a hitman so it is violent but I thought it was a good story . He has a sequel to it coming out sometime and several more in the works but I suppose when you self publish you need the money to get them printed. I know he posted in books forum some he also posts in the TV, sports & garden ones too. You should have seen the photo of all his flowers. I guess it was not so much this year because of his injury, He has plans for a lot of flowers & wants to build a watering system that captures rainwater & waters his flowers. He had the details but I am not versed on building things. He seems very intelligent. I suppose when you can’t get out and play as a child you read a lot. I really missed his daily BB posts this summer as he did not have internet or feeds, lack of funds. But we have a celebrity edition coming up on the 21st so he will be back for that. It is very short & I did not care for the last celebrity edition so will see who is on this time.
      Adele I am glad you finally took Tillie for some help. When they no longer know what is best for themselves as hard as it is you must step in & make the decision. Just like you would not leave a child unable to know what they needed to go untreated. I can tell you they a get stubborn & uncooperative. Just don’t think things will be smooth sailing once she gets home as it won’t surprise me if she reverts to her old ways. She knows how to control you & she will do it maybe quit taking her meds again.
      Gail I do not know if the giraffe was photoshopped but we have had very deep snows like that. I do not know where they are but we had pictures when the snow was up to the power lines along the road. That is what Colleen needs maybe she would shut up about snow for a while. I know people that like snow but not to the extent that she does.

• Barbara Smith
      Participant

Hello friends. Adele, it seems that God answered your prayers by what happened with Ms. Tillie. You were there to do just what she needed by getting her to the hospital, and it sounds like the right geriatric personnel were there to address what is happening to her. I just kept thinking how much she really needed specialists who take care of the elderly would help. And now I pray for you all and for her that even though life is changing so much; that it brings you ALL comfort and peace. I know you needed some rest too; and so did she. Prayers.
      Gail, I love your pictures. Poor little snowy footed puppy. Our little ones would get snow on their bellies too, and when they would feel that cold they would jump straight up in the air. I thought to myself; I would do the same if someone put cold snow on my belly. The horse looks like he is having fun. Thank God that your husband is fine. Those icy roads just scare me so badly. We have times here of what is called “black ice” and you just can’t see it on the road. People slip and slide all over. And we just don’t see snow ice much down here; so when we do it just gets people so crazy. I’m sure you all would laugh. Once, when we were young, Jerry and I were going out to dinner with another young couple. Bud was our only child at the time and they had a little boy the same age of 3. We had a sweet lady watching them, so we were on our way to dinner, and her husband driving. Well, he hit a patch of black ice and the car was fishtailing all over the road. I felt he was going too fast at the time he started sliding, and I was paralyzed with fear. We ended up in a ditch, just about to turn completely over. Jerry crawled out and pulled me out and the other lady. It started sleeting and my hair was freezing to my face. It took about 45 minutes for someone to find us since they had better sense than get out, and Jerry and I didn’t realize that the weather had turned so quickly. Anyway, we were finally rescued, and gotten back to their house/we spent the night since we knew it was too dangerous for us to try to get home with the baby, and truthfully I wouldn’t have left even if it was just Jerry and me. God was with us. I know you were so grateful to see him home safe and sound.
      Colleen, I am just like you in thinking how fast your little one is almost 3. Ours is talking like crazy.
      Sue, I have my days so mixed up too. I also put the garbage out a day early. And it will take me a while to get used to writing 2019. Did you see on the news where I think it was Australia accidently put 2018 in their fireworks celebration on New Years eve? So we are not the only ones ha ha Hope the sunshine makes an appearance for you all really soon. I feel like you just go into hibernation without some sun. We have had lots of rain here for days and days. Our temps are dropping, but they say we will have a cold rain for the next few days, instead of a not so cold rain I guess. My old bones don’t seem to feel any different/they just hurt when it rains. So my heating pad has gotten lots of use here recently. In fact; it is under my knees right now.
      McAlisters is like Chili’s or Applebees, but has only soups, sandwiches, salads, loaded baked potatoes, big brownies, big slices of cheesecake, big cookies. Did I say the goodies are big? Now you probably know why I stop in there for the potato soup.
      Better go for now. DD, hope you and Jewell are keeping warm out there. Our son in northern Ca. said it has turned cold there. Take care everyone. Prayers for a blessed New Year and I second your idea for Brownies for good luck for New Year. hugs, Barbara

• adele shanbar
      Participant

Hi Sue
      Thank you for your kind words. It has been hard, as it is worst than parenting a small child. You think she is tkaing her meds, and she is not tkaing all of them. She stopped taking the vitamin d, and the Ocuvite for her eyes. seriously? I told the nurse she is a lot of work….LOL’
      I am completely exhausted. I have no energy today, so we did nto visit. Bobby went after work, and is still there. heather was going too.
      The hardest thing is that you cannot just call her. No phones in the rooms, No TV either. I was told she will be there for 2 weeks, at least.
      Blue bloods is new tomorrow night- yahoo!
      Hope you have a good night.

• adele shanbar
      Participant

Hey Barbara
      Thank you for your kind words too. I ended up in a phone conference with the psychiatrist, doctor, social worker, and I was impressed. They are so kind, and knowledgeable about illnesses in the elderly. I had no idea that pancreatic cancer causes one to look like senility is coming on. they also said the nausea and dizziness is part of it, as well as her back pain. they have seen a lot of these cases. You were so right- a specialist who deals with the elderly is what was needed. I am so glad I did nto back down, and called 911. I feel safe with ehr there.
      I am so exhausted. Gary said he doesn’t like how quiet I am. he thinks I am depressed. I am not. Just pensive, as I know what is coming.
      Had a few heart to heart talks with the girls, especially since they told me Tillie signed a DNR. They asked me what my opinion of that was, and I said I would prefer her to be resuscitated , if they could and if they had to attach tubes, etc, not to do that, and let her go. the nice doctor explained that if one is really sick or elderly, and your heart stops, it is likely it will stop again, so all you really do is put your loved one in more pain, as they will end up with tubes. etc. My dear departed friend Winnie once told me something similar- that once a heart stops, it will stop again. Death really sucks. for everyone.
      Hope I did nto depress you! Any job news??? I really hope you get what you want, as you deserve it.
      Thank you!!
      Love all your guys!!
      Adele

• Gail Norusis
      Participant

Sue,
      You know we did not have much fall either. No Indian summer. Unfortunately, the weather is one of those things where we have to take what we get. So all we can do is complain when we don’t like what we get. I hope you get some sun soon as I know at least that would make you feel a little bit better. I know I can tell the difference in my attitude between the sunny and the gloomy days.
      I just went over and downloaded a few of gardenman’s other books to try. You know I guess I’ve always missed his garden pictures somehow. i usually go over to gardening to check out Lily’s mom’s pictures as she has beautiful garden vignettes all over her property. I’ve always admired her gardens as they look like such a natural part of the landscape-i always enjoy the unplanned look of an English garden even though I know it is really well planned.
      I’m not a big brother watcher except years ago when there was a guy from Rockford on. I must admit I did watch an episode or two of the last celebrity BB as I wanted to see how Ross Matthews was doing and of course Omarossa-as I had seen her on the apprentice a couple of times. She’s the girl you love to hate. lol I think besides the self watering garden I read in gardenman’s bio that he was trying to invent a self cleaning fish tank thing. That would be nice. We no longer have fish tanks but we did for a long time and Jenny did too and a self cleaning filter or whatever they had would have been nice.
      Go BEARS! ha ha
      Gail

• Gail Norusis
      Participant

Adele,
      I am happy that you are getting Tillie the help that she needs and getting a respite for yourself. Believe me I know how draining the care of an older person can be. Especially some one you love so much as you feel so responsible for them. Take this time to regroup and rejuvenate as you can really get down to running on fumes and you don’t even realize how exhausted you are until you get a break. it’s physically and mentally exhausting so it is double the stress.
      Greg felt much like you about the DNR and I don’t think we ever had one in place for his Mom.
      You know sometimes there can be some dementia amidst the anxiety so I would ask the doctors where they think she stands in terms of that. I was very lucky as even though my MIL had anxiety and dementia she was usually willing to do what I suggested-and some times I did have to be a bit of a drill sergeant. I know it’s hard because you don’t feel like you should be telling your mother what to do-just remember it’s for her own good-and you are helping her.
      You might want to think about getting POA for her health and her financial issues if you don’t already have it. Greg had it for his Mom and we made sure whatever bills she had were paid. She didn’t have much-I think supplemental insurance and maybe one or two other things.
      I’m glad that you feel like she is in a safe place now. You can both get some rest.
      By the way if Sue’s team wins my team loses. lol It is the playoffs now.
      I’m glad too that Greg got out of the way of a semi. No more icy roads I hope.
      He has got a cold and a really bad runny nose so I made some soup last night and he really enjoyed that. I hope he feels better soon, otherwise how can I take him out dancing this weekend. lol
      Gail

• Gail Norusis
      Participant

Barbara,
      We get that black ice too where you don’t even know it’s there until you get on to it. It can be on sidewalks too-so you have to be careful even walking.
      I think that’s so amazing when children go from not talking to talking. I just wish I could see what was inside their little brains. How all those meaningless sounds begin to make sense. The human body and brain really is miraculous.
      That was funny about Australia getting 2018 and 2019 mixed up. I wrote some checks today and actually remembered to put 2019. Yes I am old fashioned and still pay most bills with checks. I also still carry some cash. I don’t think Jenny ever carries cash everything is debit cards.
      Here’s to the New Years brownie tradition! I’ll drink to that!
      Gail

• Colleen
      Participant

Hi Gail,
      It is hard to believe that Kendall will be 11 already. These kids are growing too fast. Owen will start middle school next year also. Ethan is already in middle school. It is just hard to believe. I wish they would all slow down.
      Have you watched Hall Mark channel this week? I cannot believe that they are still showing Christmas movies. I was surprised that they have been showing them for this long after Christmas. I think that they are showing them too long.
      Have you heard anything about when dwts is coming back on? They have not said much about it that I have seen. I will have to look it up on the internet and see if there is anything on there about it.
      Our weather is really crazy. It has been sleeting and snowing here today but tomorrow it is supposed to be in the 60’s. I hope that they are wrong. Usually when it gets that warm we end up having a bad storm. I am not ready for that kind of weather. It would be nice if they were wrong about the warmer weather.
      I hope that Greg does not pass the cold on to you. It is miserable to have a cold like that. Hopefully he will get over it soon. Well that is about all from here. Have a great day.
      Colleen

• Colleen
      Participant

Hi Adele,
      I am sorry to hear that Tillie is in the hospital. In a way it is a good thing. It sounds like they are taking care of her and really trying to find medicine that will help her. You really did the best thing that you could do for her by dialing 911. It will be nice to know what to do for her and to understand what is going on with her. It sounds like she is in good hands and you can get some rest that you really need and deserve. You will really like Hospice they are really good and they are really nice to the family. They will try to help you out also. When I worked in the nursing home they would come in and take care of a patient and they would work with us. Just with the one patient though.
      Have you had anymore rain? I hope that your skylight has not been leaking. We have really been getting a ,lot of rain this winter. It is every where.
      I do not think that there is a state that is not getting a lot of rain.
      Well that is about all from here. I will be praying for Tillie and your family. Take time for yourself while Tillie is in the hospital. You really need it. Have a good day.
      Colleen

• Colleen
      Participant

Hi Barbara,
      We like Mc Allisters also. They have some really good food. I like their potato salad also. The potatoes are good also. I think that we have tried most of the things that they have there. The only thing I do not like is their tea. It is kind of bitter. It must just be the tea without sugar because my daughter really likes the tea with sugar.
      That would have been really scary to go off the road into the ditch. It was a good thing that someone came along and helped you guys. You would have been frozen if they did not come. It is really good you did not have the kids with you. We get that black ice here also. You really have to be careful on that. It is impossible to see and that is what makes it dangerous.
      That is so cute when the little ones start talking. It seems like they figure out that they can say words they cannot stop. Our little Aliza was like that and she has not stopped talking yet.
      Well that is about all from here. Have a great night.
      Colleen
      p.s. I hope tht Jerry’s back is doing better

• adele shanbar
      Participant

Hi Gail!
      I am very glad Greg got outta the way. Those are so scary. Makes us realize every day is a gift. Tough to get the reminders that way.
      We are possibly getting ice tomorrow. It will change to rain later, so that is good.
      I could nto see Tillie today, as I got very sick last night. In the middle of the night, I was in the bathroom with awful pains, and then the runs , and intense sweating. I was freezing the rest of the night, and today. I have a fever- 2 degrees up, whihc is nto too bad. I did have the flu shot, so hopefully this will nto last long. I have not been in the bathroom anymore, so that is good too. Just feel feverish, punky, and achy. I am sure i caught something from being in the ER for 13 hours. It was a very busy ER, with tons of sick coming in via ambulance, and foot. I c don’t think I ever saw it that busy.
      Tillie cried when I told her I couldn’t come today, as she was looking forward to seeing me. I missed a visit yesterday, because I was so achy and exhausted. I am hoping I will be fine tomorrow. I am just so worn out, my resistance must be way down. heather is there with her today, and Bobby will stop in after he gets something to eat after work.
      I have stuff all over the house- decorations. I have only been able to put away the tree, serving pieces, and the window candles. The end of the kitchen and the table in the dining room are filled with Annalees, etc. I am goign to really evaluate if I will pout them all away, and another purge may be imminent.
      I have a POA already for Tillie. It is very old. I do her bills, as she has never even written a check in her entire life. God bless her, she is a lot of work, as I always say….LOL
      I hope Greg feels better, so you can go out for some fun, before another storm comes. this time of year, we have to check the weather before making any plans…..LOL
      Have a good night. the Blacklist is on tonight, as well as Blue Bloods. I hope I will be awake.
      Adele

• adele shanbar
      Participant

Barbara
      Please forgive me, as I forgot to say how upsetting that incident must have been for you, and Greg. Those near misses are awful. Then add that you got out and the ice was so bad. Just walking to safety must have been terrifying. God was with all of you. Not to mention a few Guardian Angels.

Colleen
      Thank you for your prayers. We need all we can get! I can’t believe the new year has already started out like this. It is what it is, as they say.
      I have heard how wonderful the Hospice staff are. I just hope Tillie does nto terminate with them too…..LOL
      the skylight did not leak with the last rain we had. However, our electrician is here, doing the new lights downstairs for Tillie to see better. her kitchen will look like the sun has rose in there. he is also doing a light over the shower stall- one of the ceiling canister ones, that are water/steam.
      Please read the post to the Gailster for my poor body woes…..LOL I would say I have a belly flu. Could be worst, if I didn’t get the shot.
      Hope you and Ron are having good weather, and some nice plans for the weekend.
      Adele

• Colleen
      Participant

Hi Adele,
      This may be the group that Tillie will let come and see her.I wonder if they will come to the hospital and let them get to know her and her them. These girls are just really good with people. I do not see how they do it.
      It will be really light in Tillie’s apartment. That will be good she will be able to see really well anytime of day or night. That was very thoughtful of you to do that. She will really appreciate it. I am glad that the sky light has not leaked anymore.
      It was better that you did not go see Tillie the way you are feeling. You sure do not want to pass that on to her. Sounds like she had plenty of company so she will be fine. Do not worry about her that will not help with your stomach problems. I think that things will be so much easier for you sense they explained what was going on with her.It sure gives you a better understanding of how she feels. 13 hours is a long time to sit in the ER. I can imagine that was hard on your back and legs. I do not like to sit in the er for an hour don’t talk about 13 hours.
      You are welcome for the prayers. I pray for all of you every night but it has been a special a special since ll this happened. Just take care of yourself and do not worry about Tillie she is in good hands.
      Have a great night
      Colleen

• adele shanbar
      Participant

Hi Colleen
      Thank you for your prayers and kind thoughts.
      The weather up here is awful- rain and gloomy. Gary’s feet were real bad this morning, and he is very achy, like I was before I ended up in the bathroom. I still feel a little punky too, so we are not going to see her today, either. Heather, bobby, and Marissa and Enzo are going in. She will have a crowd there this evening.
      Bobby turned over her mattress, and changed her sheets. So, everyone is doing things for her to come home, all comfy and fine. She is really lucky….LOL Not lucky to be there, but lucky to have everyone care for her.
      I put away a few Christmas things, and purged more too. I told Marissa to come by, and see what she wants for her and Enzo’s home some day. We will put them in the attic, with her name on them. If she doesn’t want them, i will give them away to someone else.
      She is in a really good place. The staff are very caring, and so nice to everyone. It is somewhat of a relief not to have to worry about her all day long. I feel a little bit guilty about the break I am getting in not having to care for her. But, I know when she gets back here, it will be worst.
      They are having the Hospice people start to work with her, prior to leaving the facility. I know you probably knew that, as you worked with the elderly before. Hospice workers are a special breed, for sure.
      I hope you have a good evening with Ron tonight, and that it is not stormy in your area.
      Adele

• Colleen
      Participant

Hi Adele,
      We finally had some nice weather here. The sun came out today and it was nice to see. It has been warmer here and is going to sty that way all next week. Well that is what they are saying. You never know anymore.
      You should not worry taking some time off taking care of your mom. You need a break. You take such good care of your mom and stay awake to car for her. Now is your time to take care of yourself and get the rest that you need. Tillie is in good hands and your family is helping out a lot. The people where she is staying is taking good care of her so just relax and take care of yourself.
      I will wait until the 6th before I start taking things down. I started giving things away last year but still have a lot. I have three storage boxes of village pieces that I wish that the girls would take some of them. Maybe next year they will take some of it I will have to wait and see.
      They are really having good sales at all the stores but I spent all my money on Christmas. We always say that we are going to put some money back for after but it never works out.
      Not much else is going on here. Just take the time to rest and take care of yourself. You need this time and Tillie will be doing better when she comes home. They will have given her the medicine to help her.
      Have a great night.
      Colleen

• Gail Norusis
      Participant

Hi Colleen,
      I see this weekend that Hallmark has gone back to pretty much their regular programming. They really started the Christmas movies early this year. It seems like it was the beginning of October. I can wait until November. Besides, if I get the hankering to watch a Christmas movie we have quite a few on DVD that I can watch any time I want.
      I had heard that DWTS was going to skip their next edition-I guess that would be the spring one. I don’t know if it’s true or not. Even if it came back this year it wouldn’t be until spring time. Maybe they are going to try and straighten the voting system out so that someone with really low judges scores can not win again like last time.
      I just found out that Jenny needs a baby sitter tomorrow as the kids don’t start back to school until Tuesday. that seems kind of dumb-it would make sense to start back on Monday but with all the crazy days off they get who knows what the schools are planning.
      We are supposed to get rain tomorrow. It’s still mild however.
      I’m sitting here in my orange and blue waiting for the football game to start later. I think we have all been surprised by how well the Bears did this year. Of course now we have our hopes up. I hope we make a good showing. Go Bears!
      Gail

• Gail Norusis
      Participant

Hi Adele,
      I hope that you are feeling better and that Gary did not get sick.
      Greg’s Mom had never written a check until after her husband died either. I find that to be totally amazing. I have had a check book since I was 18. Actually, I have always paid all the bills around here too so Greg would not know what to expect when if I was not around-and he would probably not know where i keep all the financial papers. We really should have a central filing system.
      Do not feel at all guilty for this break. You absolutely deserve it. I know it is a relief when someone can take over the day to day care and you don’t have to stress about it. I totally understand. By the time my MIL went into a nursing home a couple of months before she passed I was wound tighter than a top. I would cry or snap at someone at the drop of a hat and it was all from the cumulative responsibility of looking after her for all those years. I always felt so responsible and was always afraid that some situation would come up concerning her health that I wouldn’t know how to handle or I would make some kind of mistake or something. It was a lot to carry around and it just builds and builds until you don’t even realize that you are not yourself anymore. I spent a lot of nights sleeping downstairs on the couch making sure she wasn’t up wandering around in the middle of the night. Sometimes she would get up at three in the morning and come out to her chair in the family room and think it was morning and wonder why it was so dark. I was a very light sleeper then so I would have to get up and tell her it was still night time and get her back in bed. She wore oxygen at night so i would get her hooked back up to that. So the lack of sleep does not help either. Anyway, do not feel guilty-it is a relief to have her care in some one else’s hands. You just take this time to try and refresh as best that you can.
      You know I finally gave up on The Blacklist as I was so far behind on the episodes. I always love James Spader. Loved him and Bill Shatner on Boston Legal. Denny Crane!!!
      Before I start putting away decorations i am first going to go through the boxes of decorations in the basement that I no longer use and purge there-either throw things away or donate. So getting everything done may take me several weeks. Especially if i wait to purge til Greg is around on the weekends. That way he can be lugging stuff out to throw away while I go through the boxes.
      Anyway, that’s my plan. Hopefully it will work out that way.
      I just found out I have to baby sit tomorrow as the kids don’t go back from winter break until Tuesday. What? Goofy schedule.
      Gail
      GO BEARS! lol

• Anonymous
      Inactive

So sorry Gail & the Bears. That must be painful. I saw it but could not believe it. I think my jaw hit the floor. I think you may need a new kicker. Congratulations to my Eagles. Fly Eagles Fly

• Gail Norusis
      Participant

Hi Sue,
      Congratulations. It was a hard fought game. I told you I was uneasy about our kicker. He has missed too many during the season. Too bad the first one when they called time out didn’t count. lol I feel bad for the guy but he’s just not reliable. They played a good game and it was against the Super Bowl champs so they have nothing to be ashamed of. It was definitely exciting.

• Colleen
      Participant

Hi Gail,
      I just got done writing a message to you on here and tried to send it but it said that the site could not be found. That is so aggravating. I will try again.
      That was good advice for Adele. She really need to hear that she is feeling guilty. She takes such good care of Tillie she should not feel bad when she finally gets some rest. I hope that the Hospice works out and Tillie will let them keep coming. They are so nice that she will like them. They will kind of spoil her and she will like that.
      It is nice that they finally took the Christmas movies off. I was getting tired of watching them. We have a lot of Christmas dvds also. I really hope that they do not start them as early as they did this year next year. I did not think that I would ever say that I was tired of Christmas movies.
      That does not make sense that they are not starting school until Tuesday. It would be better if they got a whole week to start with. They have been off for a long time.I never will understand how they figure out the schedules.
      I am sorry that the Bears did not win. Maybe next year they will. Do you remember when they put that song out the Super Bowl Shuffle? Danyielle had to have that record and she still has it today. That was funny when they did that.
      Well that is about all from here. Enjpy your day tomorrow with the grands.
      Colleen

• Gail Norusis
      Participant

Hi Colleen,
      I do remember the Super Bowl shuffle. That was a very memorable team. I am thinking that somewhere in the house there is probably a VHS tape with the Super Bowl shuffle on it.
      Well I had a busy day yesterday. Piper was basically in charge of my activities. First she did let me eat my breakfast though. I had brought over some raisin bran to eat as i figured all there would be to eat at their house would be fruit loops or frosted flakes or things like that.
      So first we made bath bombs that turned to slime, then I helped her with her rock painting, then we read two chapters in some chapter books that she had gotten for Christmas. We took a little break and rested then we played charades, then we played flushing frenzy-oh I forgot we also started out by playing Uno Dare. By the time Adam came to pick the kids up I was ready for a nap. lol Piper should have a job as an activities director. lol She certainly had my day mapped out for me.
      After the kids left I picked up the house a bit so Jenny wouldn’t come home to a mess and headed over to the optomitrist’s office. I have a pair of glasses that the lens has now popped out of three times. Fortunately I have spare glasses or i would have been in trouble. So hopefully the third time is the charm for them. I have always been at home when the lens fell out fortunately. i was thinking what if it had happened when I was driving somewhere or something. How would i get back home as I don’t carry spare glasses or contacts in my purse. maybe i should. or just maybe never wear those glasses if I am driving-only if Greg is driving. It’s making me rethink my fondness for the glasses with no rims on the bottom. Anyway, when I finally did get home I had to take a little snooze as Pip wore me out. lol It’s a good thing we still had leftover soup for dinner.
      So Greg had been complaining how he hadn’t slept well the previous night because he had been up coughing so much. So when he was getting ready to go to bed last night I say-you should take some cough medicine to help you sleep-didn’t you take some last night? He says no-I said I thought i suggested you take some-he goes-well I took a sucrets instead because I had a sore throat. sometimes i wonder why these smart men don’t have any common sense. When I have a cough i know to take cough medicine before i go to bed otherwise i will not be able to sleep at all. I swear when men are sick they need a mommy. lol Anyway, I got him to take the cough medicine last night so I hope he had a better night. I know it wears off halfway through the night but at least it helps you get a little rest.
      We are going to get colder now and have normal winter weather. We are supposed to have really strong winds later on so I think it may be time to put on the heater in the master bath floor to keep the pipes from freezing.
      Gail

• adele shanbar
      Participant

Hi Colleen
      Tillie is doing a little better. She isn’t crying about everything anymore. So, we do have some progress. She is still anxious, but I think that is also her personality. they are talking she will be there at least another week.
      The weather here is nto so great- freezing drizzle this afternoon, so no visit today. We will go tomorrow.
      Did you see AGT last night? It was good.
      I finally have all the Christmas away, and have a big pile at the end of the kitchen table to get rid of…..again…..LOL
      Hope your day is going well, and your weather is better.
      Trying to go through these quickly, so I can get all answered- sorry it is brief.
      Adele

• adele shanbar
      Participant

Sue
      Congrats on your team!! We saw the last kick, and boy, was that hard to take. I wonder if your team will play the Pats in the Superbowl??? Gary is an avid fan. I do not know much about football, but, I am learning.
      Adele
      Glad you posted, so we know you are ok.

Gailster
      Sorry your team lost. That was awful. I think they should have reversed that decision on the kick- didn’t seem fair to me.
      now that you say it, everyone has been saying how grumpy I have been. Please read the post to Colleen for the Tillie up-date. I hope she will come home next week. We will see.
      You were an angel to care for Greg’s Mom for so long. I am sure he appreciated all you did to keep her home as long as you could. what was the deciding factor in her going to a nursing home? I think we are all afraid that will eventually happen here.
      I hope you had a good time babysitting. Any new Piper stories?
      did you see AGt last night? It was a great diversion to thinking about Tillie. i recorded it for her to see when she gets home.
      The weather up here is just plain weird. We had some snow or freezing rain- hard to tell. It is supposed to be “freezing drizzle” shortly. So, no going out for me today. we will visit Tillie tomorrow.
      i was able to get all the decorations away. i was purging, like you plan to do. I know I will purge again, getting them out next year too. it is a shame, as we all collected somany pretty things, and out kids all have different tastes.
      Hope you and greg are good, and your weather doesn’t make you stay inside!!
      Adele

• adele shanbar
      Participant

Gail and Colleen, Sue, DD and Barbara

i read the post to Colleen…..LOL Piper would be a great activities director!!
      I am very lucky to have all of you for support…..you, Colleen, DD, arbara, and Sue. Each of you have faced this at various times inyour lives, in different ways. thank you all for your support, and kind comments.
      Love,
      Adele

• Colleen
      Participant

Hi Gail,
      That is funny that Piper took over the whole day. Did the other two get to play the games or were they too busy doing their own thing? That is so good that Piper likes to read. What books is she reading? Piper will make a good activities director. Maybe she will do something like that on a cruise ship or in a hospital. Maybe do something with sick kids. She could do so many different things. I bet you were ready for Adam to come and get them.
      I have to start taking down my Christmas stuff. It is going to be a lot of work. We have so many things to put away. This is one thing that I do not like to do. I never like to put things away for the year the house looks so drab when all the Santas are out away. The tree is going in the trash and we will get another tree. I hope we can find one with a remote that is the only thing that I will miss.
      That is not fun when the lenses fall out of your glasses. You were lucky that it only happened at home. It is good that you kept spare glasses for when this happens. You never know when it will. I have never had a pair of glasses with out the bottoms. I have seen them they are cute.
      It is a good thing that Greg listened to you and took the cough medicine. Men take some strange things. It is funny that he took meds for a sore throat instead cough medicine, He sounds so much like Ron.
      Well that is about all from here. Have a great day.
      Colleen

• Colleen
      Participant

Hi Adele,
      That is good news that Tillie is doing better. It will be nice when she can come home. You are smart not trying to go to see her with ice on the roads.It is not safe driving in that type of weather. That is one thing that I do not want to see coming. We are colder now and we are supposed to get some snow. It will just be snow and nothing else. So that will not be bad.
      I did not see AGT. I will have to watch it next week. DWTS is not coming on this spring. I am a little disappointed that they are not coming on. They are coming back in the fall. It will be interesting to see what changes they make or if they make any.
      I still have not taken any of my Christmas things down. I really do not want to take anything down. The house looks so drab without them up. I will have to take them down today though.
      Well that is about all from here. Take this week to relax and get ready for Tillie.
      Colleen

• Gail Norusis
      Participant

Hi Colleen,
      The other kids did play Charades and Flushing Frenzy with us. Before that Lachlan was playing on his tablet and the new playstation or xbox that they got for Christmas. It was supposed to be for all three kids but it seems like the boys always take that stuff over. I remember when Nintendo first came out how much Brent wanted one. They got a lot of use out of it when we got one. Especially in the winter when they couldn’t get outdoors to play as much. I wonder with three girls if you even ever had a gaming system in your house. The girls may not have cared about something like that at all. Jenny played sometimes but not all that much-it was mostly Brent and his friends. And of course i used to play my favorite game Mario Cart. lol
      Piper can’t read yet but i had given her this set of chapter books for her birthday that we were reading. It was a set of books about the adventures of some Disney princesses. These four girls were outdoors and the younger sister caught a fairy in the garden and they all got transported to Never Land. We only read two chapters so that’s where we stopped. I hope someone continued reading it so she could find out what happens next.
      We have to put things away now too. i agree. the house looks so bare right after you take everything down. I’m trying to wait until the batteries are worn out on most of my battery operated things-so they may be up for another week until the batteries are dead or just about as i don’t like to store anything with batteries inside.
      My favorite glasses are the ones without a bottom frame. Of course now the popular ones are the ones with the big plastic frames like we had to get when we were little as that was the only kind that were available. i have not gotten any like that yet but I have been tempted. My optometrist always has buy one pair of glasses get the second half price so when i get glasses i usually get two pairs to take advantage of the sale. I used to wear my contacts much more than I do now. it seems when I am just at home I hardly ever wear them anymore. Mostly when we go out I wear them. Or when I am out during the day doing things. When I was younger I wore them morning to night. I guess i am not quite as vain as I used to be. lol
      Gail

• Gail Norusis
      Participant

Hi Adele,
      I hope that you got to see Tillie and that she is doing well. Hopefully after this with the hospice people and whoever else will come in that you will have an easier time taking care of Tillie. Hopefully they will have prescribed something for the anxiety. I wonder if you can get her refills for her other meds while she is in there. that would save you a future trip.
      You know the deciding factor for my MIL going into a nursing home was that she got to the point where she needed to be in a wheel chair and I could not do the lifting involved in getting her in and out of the chair. I did have a chair for her later on for trips to the doctor one time when she had a bad knee and those things are heavy to get in and out of your car. They look lighter than they are. We had decided years before if she was no longer mobile that we would have to make other arrangements so that was really the deciding factor-I just could not physically do it anymore. We were lucky and she was in the nursing home connected to our little local hospital so we could come and go to visit her as we pleased. We would often go when she had dinner. Greg would usually stop by in the morning before work. I could bring the dog into visit her too. She was only there for a few months before she passed away. So we really felt that we did all that we could do. Besides had it not been for me she probably would have had to go to assisted living or something years before as no one else could care for her as they were all working.
      I did watch AGT. I wonder when they decided to do this one bringing back the winners and almost winners. You know I never realized Susan Boyle came in second. I always thought she won. And I never saw that girl who won the first American one. I guess i didn’t watch it the first year.
      Have you seen The Masked singer? it is on Fox on Tuesday or Wednesday. You might like it. I watched it the first time thinking it would be really stupid and then I got drawn in wondering who was under the costumes and trying to guess.
      Talking about purging. Here I am trying to get rid of stuff and Greg comes home with this tea set given to him by a client. Years ago I would have kept it and displayed it even if i didn’t use it as it was quite pretty with hand painted designs on it. But i just felt guilty because i didn’t know what I would do with it and I’m trying to get rid of stuff not add more. He said this one lady in the office might be thrilled to have it so I told him to please give it to someone who will love and appreciate it.
      It’s so funny when we were younger adults collecting things was so popular and now the young folks are very minimalist. No one wants the things that we collected and treasured. I wonder what will happen to my grandmother’s china and silverware after i am gone. It will probably end up in a thrift shop somewhere. Oh well-it’s memories for me but not really for our kids.
      Gail

• adele shanbar
      Participant

Hi Colleen
      Yesterday was a phone day, all day. Calls back and forth to the hospital, and a phone conference with me. They wanted to know what Tillie’s normal looks like to assess her progress. So, end result is, if she agrees to go to her doctor, and services coming to the house, she will come home- hopefully Monday. We are going there tomorrow to have a meeting with all, and Tillie, so she hears from them what is expected for her to go home and be safe.
      Since I was home the last couple of days, i was able to get all the Christmas stuff away. I am glad I was able to do that….finally!
      Everyone is very tired from going back and forth. Bobby just could nto go one more night, and he stayed here. Amanda visited yesterday, and stayed a long time, so everyone felt relieved.
      AGt was good the other night- you would have enjoyed it. It is on again on Monday.
      We are doing Aizen’s and Marissa’s birthdays on Sunday. Aizen wants chocolate chip cookies, and Marissa wants the ar cookie Heather loves. those are both pretty simple, so that is good. I will do them on Saturday.
      It is cold here, with occasional flurries that are nto sticking, so far. I hope your weather is good.
      We have nto heard much from Barbara, Sue or DD. I hope everyone is ok.
      Have a good day!
      Adele

• adele shanbar
      Participant

Hey Gailster
      I did not watch AGt back then either. So, I never saw the first winner. I do remember Susan Boyle, but, do nto think I was an avid fan quite yet.
      I have never seen the Masked Singer. What is it about?
      I think that will be the deciding factor here too, as nobody could get her in and out of a wheelchair all day long. Plus, I am not sure the door to the bedroom is large enough to go through. It is not a door between the living room and bedroom- it is an archway. So, that cannot be fixed. I just pray we do not have to get to that point.
      Read the post to Colleen for the Tillie news of the day. We are going in for a meeting tomorrow, with ehr and staff, and talk about return home- hopefully Monday. I am not sure she will be bale to come up for dinner anymore, and I just need to let go of that for now. Maybe with some PT in the home, she will be able to. Who knows.
      That is funny about The Piper. she can keep you busy all day. Aizen is like that. Every time I talk to Steph, she is doing something with him- a craft, board game, etc. He keeps steph busy. I think she will be very lonely when he goes to school….LOL
      Big game Sunday……..go Pats! Sue’s team is still in the running too.
      hope Greg does give the tea set to that woman at work, as I bet she would be thrilled. i feel the same way here- all the decorations will end up on auction….LOL
      Have a good day!! It is freezing up here.
      Adele

• Gail Norusis
      Participant

Hi Adele,
      I hope that you get lots of good information from every one who is working on Tillie’s case. I hope they can give you lots of tips to help you at home too. You know I look at it this way, if you have trouble yourself going up and down those steps it’s hard to expect a 92 year old woman to do it too. Maybe you could install one of those lift chairs for her? Would that work on that particular staircase? I’m trying to picture how your house is set up. Is it like a raised ranch where she comes up like a half of a staircase with no turn in it? Anyway, if there is no way for her to get up you will have to let it go and just send dinner down. Could someone take it down and stay and keep her company while she eats? Maybe that would make you feel better about it.
      Greg said the lady at work acted like he gave her a new car when he gave her the tea set so I’m glad that he did that. I’m so glad that she will love and treasure something that would have just sat here and gathered dust.
      The Masked Singer is a program where these people come out and sing and they wear these elaborate costumes to disguise themselves. Some are real singers and some not. Their voices are disguised and they do give some clues to their identity. There are four celebrity panelists and they try to guess who the singer is. I imagine that besides any sports figures the celebrities will be kind of B level celebrities like on dancing with the stars. Anyway, originally I thought it looked kind of stupid but I would give it a try-and then I got hooked on the mystery and clues part trying to figure out who is under the costume so now they have me hooked for the whole season.
      Gail

• adele shanbar
      Participant

Hey Gailster
      You are so right. I had looked into those stair things, and then nobody ever called me back. I was initially told we needed 2 systems, because of the 6 steps, then a landing, and then 7 more steps. One other thing that may impact it is, there is no wall on the second set on either side. It is a railing on one side, and a railing at the top of the stairs, that goes to the wall of the dining room, so nobody will fall down from the dining room. I may have to revisit it again. I was given a cost of about 10,000 to 15,000.
      Tillie is coming home Monday. They are very pleased with ehr progress, and praised her for being such a strong woman. The med for depression/anxiety is working well, and she no longer cries all day anymore. She did have to agree to see her GP next week, and let services into the home- she is nto happy about that…..LOL
      Tillie actually said she would like to come up more, and maybe have afternoon tea again….yahoo!! Wouldn’t that be nice?? I told her we will have Bobby walk her up and down, until she feels comfortable doing it again. As she has not done the stairs in 3 weeks, she may not be able to- we will see. Tillie actually has way less arthritis than I do, none in her knees, legs, or shoulders. Her back is in good shape, accept she is a little bent over. Her hands do shake, most of the time, and she has trouble opening things.
      Speaking of that, finally today I called the shoulder doctor, and I am having that shoulder shot, with xray machine to guide it, on Wednesday of next week. The difficulty sleeping, and coming up the stairs was getting to me. I can do the first set with no issue, on the second set, the bad shoulder is holding on to the railing, and that just kills me. I need to hold on both sides to get up stairs- I use the cane on the opposite side. Funny, the cane on the first set doesn’t bother me. Weird, huh? Arthritis really stinks.
      that is so nice that greg gave the lady the tea set. I see her having tea all weekend long….LOL
      That does sound like an interesting program. We watched Brooklyn 99 for the first time last night. I think it will take a few episodes to get into it. Do you watch that?
      We just ordered take out. A little treat for tonight for the two of us, as it was too early to stop for dinner after we left Tillie.
      Hope you and Greg do something nice for yourselves this weekend too.
      I am making cookies tomorrow for the 2 birthdays we are doing on Sunday. Uncle Bobby is making ch/broc/ziti.
      Dear God- did you hear about the non responsive woman in a nursing home who gave birth???? What possesses people to do such awful things?
      Adele

• Dianne Danielson
      Participant

Hi Ladies,
      I’m alive. We lost our WiFi apparently so I’ve been offline all this time. I’m so far behind I’ll never catch up.
      Colleen, thank you for the birthday greeting.

I’ll get back as soon as I’m able to.
      I do send messages thru Messenger, so be on the lookout there.
      take care & have a safe weekend!!!
      dd

• adele shanbar
      Participant

OMG, DD!!!
      Did I miss your birthday? I am so sorry.
      I hope you had a great birthday, and wish you many, many more, in good health.
      Love,
      Adele

• adele shanbar
      Participant

Hey girls

I forgot to tell you, one of the nurses where Tillie is at, is a Quacker. We had a nice Quacker talk, and Quacked at each other…..LOL LOL
      Adele

• Colleen
      Participant

Hi Ladies,
      We finally got our snow. It snowed all day yesterday and part of the time today we are also getting some sleet with it. i hope the sleet goes away and it all turns to snow again. It is supposed to snow all day tomorrow also it is so pretty.
      It sounds like you had a good conference with the doctors and it will be a little easier to take care of Tillie. I hope that she sticks to what she said about goin g to the doctor and letting the nurses in. It would be nice if the nurse that is a qiacker could be one of them to come to see her. That way she will be able to talk to her about that. That should make Tillie feel a little more at ease. They will have some things in common to talk about. I still have my Christmas stuff up. I really need to get it taken down but do not feel like it down. It looks so good sitting around. I hope that you have a fun birthday dinner with the family.
      Gail, That had to b fun playing games with all the kids. It is so much fun to do things with the kids. It is always good to get them off their computer games and play board games. We did that here Christmas. That is nice that Piper enjoys you reading to her. Aliza does not like to be read to. She may be a little young yet foe reading. Owen was just the opposite. You could read to him for a long time.It is funny that all the old things that we use to wear are getting popular again. I can remember wearing those big frames. They almost covered your whole face. My eye is really blood shot right now. I cannot figure out why it is like this. Of course it happens over a week-end and you can’t get a hold of the eye doctor. I have never had my eye look like this before. My eye doctor does not offer a second pair when you get a pair. I may have to take the prescription to another place to get the glasses. The snow here is so pretty. They have cleaned our roads today which really surprised us. They have put our road as part of the snow route. So I guess that they will be cleaning our road a lot more now.
      DD I hope you had a good birthday. Did you order yourself some quacker to wear. I bought that Rose top with the black vest for 13.00. It was an as is item. There was nothing wrong with it that I could see. I am going to look and see if I can find more deals like that. The as is items are always cheaper then the clearance items.
      Well that i about all from here. I hope all of you have a great night.
      Colleen

• adele shanbar
      Participant

Hi Colleen
      I am answering, in between 2 celebrations. We went to a memorial for Winnie this morning, and after the PAts game is over, we are celebrating Aizen’s and Marissa’s birthdays. Aizen was 12/30, and Marissa’s 1/10. I made chocolate chip cookies for the Aizen, and a bar cookie favorite of arissa’s- per request. Steph made cupcakes for them, and Bobby is doing chicken/broccoli/ziti.
      Tillie comes home tomorrow, and I will make Snicker Doodles- her favorite. She wants Chinese food for tomorrow’s dinner. She said she misses the chicken lo mein, so she will have it tomorrow.
      I am also hoping things with her will be a lot better when she comes home. The med is working, as she is not crying anymore. I am also hoping she continues to cooperate with the services they put in. Please say a prayer!
      From coming up the stairs, my shoulder feels like it is on fire. I will have to take 2 Alleve’s. I hope the shot on Wednesday makes it feel better. It is miserable to be in pain all the time. Oh well. At least am alive.
      The storm you had moved to the south of us, so we didn’t get any snow. I hope it is not icy where you are.
      Have a good evening! Stay warm and cozy!!
      Adele
      PS…dying to see Aizen today. he brings a smile to my face, as well as JJ,and the rest of my Minnions.

• Colleen
      Participant

Hi Adele,
      Sounds like you are having a busy day. Your cookies sound really good and the dinner that Bobby made sounds good also. Every one will enjoy the food and being together.
      It sounds Tillie is going to have a nice coming home. The Chinese food sounds really good. You always make such good sweets. I have never made snicker doodles before. I am wrong. I was thinking of something else. I have made snicker doodles before. They are a really easy cookie to make. Well at least it is for me. I may not make them the same way that you do though.Your cookies are always a lot better.
      I will be praying that Tillie is okay when she gets home. The medicine that they gave her should help her a lot. It will be nice if she can be like she was before and do a lot of the things she use to. I know that you are wishing for the same thing.
      When do you get your shot in the shoulder? That should help a lot. Those shots are really helpful just wish that they did not raise your sugar levels as high as that medicine does.
      I think that the snow is finally going to stop here. We had snow showers here all afternoon. They said that we were not supposed to but we did. It sure has been really pretty. This will probably be the only snow we have for this winter.
      I have something funny about my mom. She has not been shopping for awhile because she cannot walk like she use to. So we took her and showed her how to use the electric carts. She sits down in it and Ron shows her how to go forward and backwards. That was all it took. off in that thing so fast we almost had to run to keep up with her. We were looking for something she needed on her list and one of the kids stocking the shelves asked if she needed help and before he got the sentence out she was gone. She had a few people laughing at her. You heard that song Little Old Lady from Pasadena well she was like the little old lady from Missouri.
      Well that is all from here. Have great night.
      Colleen

• Gail Norusis
      Participant

Hi Everyone,
      DD, sorry I missed your birthday. Belated wishes. I hope that you get your wi-fi fixed soon so you can come back and join us.
      Sue, sorry about the Eagles. Now you can sit on the sidelines with me.
      Adele, congrats to the Pats. They are just a football machine right now.
      I hope everything will work out well with Tillie coming back home. I think if she keeps up the antidepressant you will notice a world of difference. I truly hope that she will try coming up for tea again. It will give you a chance to have a nice daily chat with her.
      I had no idea that those chairs were that costly. Would medicare contribute anything to the payment?
      How were the birthday parties? I hope you all had a great get together.
      Gosh I have a hard time opening things even without a tremor. I have all these little tools that the Q used to sell to help open up things like bottles and jars and cans. I use them all the time and am lost when i am at Jenny’s and the kids ask me to open things and I don’t have my little tools. I always remember how my Mom used to complain about how they made things too hard to open and being younger I would just roll my eyes. Well now i know exactly what she was talking about.
      You know I never really got into Brooklyn 99 when it was on Fox although I did watch a few times and now I have caught some reruns in late night so i will try and give it another go. I know it was popular as viewers letters were able to bring it back after Fox cancelled it. We’ll see how it does on NBC.
      Colleen, I was thinking of you this weekend when i saw that St. Louis was getting lots of snow. I thought the snow was going to pass south of us but we did end up catching a couple inches of it with more coming next weekend.
      My Christmas stuff is still up too. I got involved in doing other stuff last week and never did anything. I don’t really worry as it always gets down eventually. I figure who really cares as it’s just the two of us.
      How are Mandy and the girls enjoying their new place? I hope they are all settled in and happy.
      How is your blood shot eye? I wonder what caused that.
      I got a chuckle out of your Mom just taking off in the shopping cart leaving you all in the dust.
      Gail

• Barbara Smith
      Participant

Hello everyone. Finally able to take a few minutes to say hello. Jerry has really had problems with his back. Our next appt. with the doctor is still a few weeks away. I asked him to lets go early, and he is adamant that we wait. I see in his face and in his attitude that he is discouraged. He gets spiteful and grouchy over just little things. And it hurts to see him that way; since I know so much of this is what is going on with him physically. Convincing him to talk to someone would take a miracle; so it may be me who seeks out someone to listen to my complaining and concerns. I just remember the doctor told him those many years ago when he was first injured that his life changed the minute it happened, and that it was going to affect him for the rest of his life; but being the man I knew him to be, he thought “I will beat this” and as years have gone by the realization is evident.
      I am so happy that Tillie is doing better. And Adele, I join everyone else in saying that you must not feel guilt that “mabey” there was something else you could do. You have gone as far as humanly possible to be a good daughter and to see to your Moms’ needs, and you are exhausted and rightfully so. Please do something for yourself and let the staff take care of her right now. This is what they are trained to do; and without patients like your Mom they wouldn’t have anyone to care for. Ask lots of questions during your conferences with the staff; and I really recommend you write your questions down on a pad leaving room to write down their answers. Trust me, you will forget a lot they say, and writing it down just helps families. I was never offended; in fact, suggested it to them before we would meet. Ask who you call if you have a question/problem; and ask for business cards. Find out who will be available to talk to you on the weekends. That is important. Ask them what how do they expect her to behave the first week after you all go home. What do they consider normal/abnormal? Sorry, just want to help.
      That is so funny about your Mom Colleen. She is the queen of the motorized carts. lol That reminds me of Jerry and his Mom doing their shopping together. They were a mess. She has had a cold, but is doing better. She loved the Quacker top and velour jacket we gave her. She really sparkles. She said it makes her smile when she sees herself in the mirror.
      Been cold and rainy here. Hope everyone is doing okay weather wise. Sue, are you able to get to the mailbox okay now? I was wondering how you were doing. Just be careful.
      DD, sorry I missed wishing you a happy birthday. Hope you had a great one. Did you have cake?
      Take care everyone. Hope to write more later. Hugs, Barbara

• Gail Norusis
      Participant

Hi Barbara,
      What good advice you gave Adele! It helps us all so much to have you to make suggestions concerning our medical care. Thank you so much.
      I only wish there would be something new that could help Jerry. Living in constant pain is so draining and it effects all areas of your life. Some days it just makes you want to lay down and weep. Has he ever tried anything non traditional like acupuncture, hypnotism etc.? I think if it were me I would be willing to try anything nonconventional as long as it would not harm me. I think we did also mention medical marijuana which some people swear by also. I will pray that he comes away from this next doctor’s visit with some new treatment that works.
      How has your weather been lately? This weekend we are supposed to go down into the minus area overnight.
      Jenny is looking to adopt another dog since she thinks her remaining dog Callie is lonely since her other dog Mimi died this summer. She has been sending me pictures of possibilities. She doesn’t want a puppy since there is no one home all day long while she is at work. We’ll see what happens.
      Gail

• Barbara Smith
      Participant

Hope everyone is having a good evening. If I am right; today was the day for your shot Adele. Sure hope you did well and that it is helping you.
      It is cloudy and a little warmer here today. We rode into town and I went in and got us each a chicken salad sandwich/croissant at our little sandwich shop. We needed gas also; so got that as well. It looks and feels like rain. We were so fortunate to miss that last snow storm that stopped just above us. Did it get to you all Colleen? I know that Oklahoma and Missouri were really affected, and then it went north. So Gail, Adele, and Sue; I’m keeping my fingers crossed that you’re safe.
      Gail, I have talked several times to Jerry about considering alternative methods of medicine. He is adamant that “no one” would be able to hypnotize him; gets really upset when I even talk about a phycology doctor; has made sure that I remember how he lectured our sons on marijuana, and how he would feel if he did this now, (which I would do in a minute if it would help me) and has considered acupuncture, but we don’t know of any offered in our area. So I am sorry for the long answer, but sometimes I just want to throw up my hands. I am proud of him but discouraged all in the same respect. His pain controls every aspect of our lives. I feel like such a bad wife sometimes because honestly, I know I harbor some resentment that our life is so restricted; and it makes me so ashamed of myself. And what makes it worse is that as a nurse I understand that there is a real grieving process that he and I face; and I feel so helpless. Sorry if this hurts anyones feelings, or make you feel not so proud of me. Trust me; no one could feel worse than I do about this. But I fully intend to ask the doctor our next visit about the medical marijuana and the acupuncture. Thank you all so much for your concern and helpful suggestions.
      I am so glad Adele that you have a Quacker nurse with your Mom. You know for sure that this is a nice lady. It just makes me smile when I see someone else with their Quacker outfit on. I just love mine. I haven’t had a single one in all these years that wasn’t comfortable. And they last and last. Sue, I am going to follow your advice and write to Angel and ask her if the Q could possibly hire a model for quacker that is in her 70’s or older and at least a size 1X. I know that some of you all are small; but I like to see the larger model they recently hired but I sure would like to see someone older as well. Just a thought. How do you all feel?
      DD how are you and Ms. Jewell doing on these cold rainy days? What do you do for fun? I know you have some really nice friends. Do any of those ladies wear quacker?
      Sue, do you ever think that some day you might move to a warmer climate? I worry about you when I hear of the bad weather comes your way. I have always heard that you live in such a beautiful area of our country. I have always wanted to visit the Northeast, but not during any snow or ice times. I am definitely a warm weather person; mabey because this is all I have ever known, but as cold as my feet get down here (I go to bed every night with socks on) I can only imagine how they would feel in your area. lol But I hope things are going well for you.
      Take care all. Hope everyone is doing well. Hugs, Barbara

• Gail Norusis
      Participant

Hi Barbara,
      We only had a couple inches of snow from the last storm but I think Colleen got quite a bit. They are predicting more for this weekend so we’ll see what we get out of this one.
      I can see that maybe Jerry is a bit set in his ways. As to the medical marijuana-it’s not at all the same as recreational marijuana that he lectured the boys about. If it was in a pill that the doctor gave him and said it would make him feel better I’m sure he would take it right down. Like you, if it would help me I would take it without any qualms and no moral dilemma. I’m sure if his sons knew it would help him they would absolutely want him to have it-although they might want to rib him about it a little. lol If i was him I would just say don’t so as i do-do as I say.
      lol
      I would imagine that living close to a large city there would have to be some place to go for acupuncture. You might have to do a little research or maybe Joey and Lisa being involved with medicine might know of someone.
      Hypnotism can be a great tool. Of course if you are resistant to it it is harder than if you just relax and go with the flow. A professional hypnotist is only there to help him not to make him bark like a dog. I know it’s hard but sometimes if you want to help yourself you have to drop some preconceived notions about things. Greg has had very good results with hypnotism. When i first met him he used to hypnotize himself and then as time progressed he stopped doing it-life sometimes just gets in the way. Anyway, when he was young he used to have a bad neck and eye twitch-of course back then it was just sort of ignored-it’s not like now where parents would be taking the kid to a neurologist until they got some answers. Eventually it mostly went away. When I first met him he still had an eye twitch sometimes but it receded over the years. Last spring he felt like it was coming back so he went to a hypnotist. He only went one time and the guy gave him a book and CD to hypnotize himself to work on the things that he wanted to work on. The eye twitch is gone again and (we haven’t really talked about it but i think he also used the hypnotism to help lose weight and keep it off) He has basically given up sweets and he always used to have chocolate milk and a cookie or cake before bed and he no longer does that and doesn’t seem to miss it. Every once and awhile I see him in the chair with the headphones on and know he is either hypnotizing himself or listening to the CD the guy gave him to refresh. I guess the main thing about any of these alternatives is that you have to be open to them and willing to think that they will work.
      Barbara, your reaction to your situation is perfectly normal. You are not mad at Jerry you are mad at what life has handed you and you wouldn’t be normal if you weren’t resentful and sad about the changes that you had to make to your hopes and dreams and thoughts about what you would be doing together in retirement. Nothing you could say would ever make us feel bad about you. We love you and know what a good, loving, wonderful woman you are.
      I do understand your guilt though. When I was taking care of my MIL on particularly trying days I would be resentful of Greg’s siblings who really did not help us out much. Although to give credit where credit is due Greg’s one brother would come and get her for a couple of weeks each summer and I will be eternally grateful to them for that. It gave us a chance to make the trip up to Wisconsin to visit our friends and to have a little bit of time alone together. The brother’s wife was a teacher and had summers off which is why they could have her. I am thankful to my SIL for giving up two weeks of her summer vacation to help us. She is a good person. I also used to feel guilty for feeling resentful but had to accept i was not mad at the people just the situation.
      I agree i would like to see an older plus size model for QF. Although dark haired Maria is a 1X and she is not young. I always have to chuckle as the Q sells xxsmall through 3X and yet i have never seen a 2x or 3x model and someone is buying all those clothes. It’s just like when you go into one of those little boutiques and they carry no sizes larger than a 12. Makes me feel like a big ox. And i always feel as if the sales ladies are smirking as they know there is nothing in there for me. However, my money spends just as well as an extra small. Okay-I’ll get off the soapbox. it’s just one of my many peeves. lol
      You know, Barbara, I think your body really does adjust to the temperature that you live in. When my Mom would come up here after all the years of living in Louisiana and Florida she would be so cold.
      I hope that you have a good weekend with sunshine and blue skies.
      Gail

• adele shanbar
      Participant

Hey Colleen
      Sorry I haven’t been on. I am trying to answer all today.
      That was hysterical about your Mom. It made me laugh, and I need a good laugh!! You should have recorded her, and sent the video to Steve Harvey.
      Is it still snowy at your place? we are getting the first snow of the year this weekend. About a foot, they are saying. I will nto be going anywhere, due to the shot. I had it yesterday, and it took longer than I thought. they used an ultrasound machine to do it. I am supposed to lay low for 4 days. So, I can’t go to the doctor with Tillie tomorrow. Gary and Heather will go.
      I got sick yesterday- I was coughing all day long. Today, I am stuffed up, with no voice, and a fever. I think God is trying to make me crazy. before we went to the doctor, I had to renew my license. I was real lucky, and no line to hurt my back, and then no line at the doctor’s office either, so I said a prayer of thanks. We got the license so quickly, we even had a chance to go for breakfast in between the 2 appointments. However, I was coughing and coughing- good I had some hard candy to suck on to help with the coughing.
      So, this morning I said to Gary…..”God is testing me. He gave me an easy day for no lines to hurt my back, and then He lets me get sick. Don’t you think he has tested me enough lately???”
      Tillie did ok coming home, and she wanted to stay upstairs until supper on Monday. Gary was in front of her on the stairs going down, and she fell. thank God she fell ackwards, onto the top floor. We could nto get her up, so we had to call Bobby, who was out doing errands. She had to lay on the floor, with a pillow under her head, until he got back here- was not too long. Bobby got u her up, and yelled at me for letting her stay up here so long. He was more nervous for what COULD have happened , than what did. had she fell forward, she and Gary would have ended up in the ER. So, now Tillie has to wait for Bobby to walk her up, and down. Bobby says she does the stairs better than I do. LOL We will have to look into those stair climber things again- hopefully tomorrow, after the doctor appointment. Everyone is saying it is about a 10,000.00 cost, due to the 2 sets of steps, and the curve. not a cost I want to incur right now, but, oh well.
      Other than that, she has been coming up every night for dinner. which is very good. First night was Chinese, then I made soup. Sandwiches yesterday, due to my arm, and today a crock pot dinner. so, all in all, it is good.
      Hope you are all good, as that storm is in your area today.
      Adele

• adele shanbar
      Participant

Hey Gailster
      I think I answered all the news in my post to Colleen….please read it for the updates….LOL
      I am so miserable. I hate to be sick. Honestly, I woudl rather have diarrhea. I hate the head colds. LOL
      Whose eye is bloodshot? Colleen’s?? Haven’t read the post, just saw your comment.

Sue….sorry your team lost. Will you cheer for the Pats now?

I had GAry have his Bill Belichick sweatshirt on last Sunday at the memorial. I sat with 2 people who were recovering from the head flu…….and here I am.
      The memorial was nice, but emotional, of course.
      The birthdays here went well. I will attach a pic of The Aizen. (also the one steph took of her cat, who thought the cupcakes were for her….lol) he loved the Tommy Hillfiger coat we got him so much, he wanted to sleep in it. It was a 90.00 coat, and I got it for 30.00. Imagine??
      Hope you are ok, and not snowed in!
      Adele

Attachments:
    • adele shanbar
      Participant

Hey there!

DD…did I miss your birthday, even on facebook??? I pray not. Happy belated, just in case. Hope all is well with you. We miss your posts.

Barbara
      You always give the best advice, no matter what. I have a list of questions for her doctor tomorrow, especially about the lump on the pancreas. the staff gave us their phone numbers, and said to call, even after she is discharged. They were absolutely fabulous, with her, and with us. I had spoken to them privately, so i got all questions answered, prior to the meeting, as I did not want Tillie to hear the questions, or my concerns…..LOL They were great at calling back, too.
      Please read the posts to Colleen and Gail for all info, as I am feeling so miserable, I am running out of steam. I know I caught this becasue I am so stressed out.
      We did get a chance to go out for breakfast yesterday, in between the license renewal, and the shot….yahooo…..I knew you owuld be proud of me for that!!
      Hope all is good, with all your peeps, and your weather. I know how Jerry feels, as this back of mine changed my life, and is responsible for a gain of 60 lbs, from lack of movement. It sucks, and it will be a menace toh om for the rest of his life. i think people have no idea how precious a spine is.
      Love ya!
      Adele

• adele shanbar
      Participant

Hi Barbara
      Do not feel bad about grieving for what was promised to be….the golden years. We all saved, and planned, and then the nemesis of old age hit- accidents, disease, and arthritis. They change your life, and all you planned to do, is gone. even going out for breakfast, or dinner, becomes a challenge, and it is not fair.
      You know, one night, coming back form visiting Tillie at the hospital, a song came on the radio, and i sat there, silently crying my eyes out. ( Gary is too oblivious to realize what is happening in the next seat while he drives in the dark….lol) It was a song ( name I can’t remember) that spoke of a couple coming together, and planning their lives, form falling in love, to marrying, to children, to old age. What it did nto say, was that old age can change everything in one second. One second, to be hit with a stroke, have an accident, hit a bump while snowmobiling, be diagnosed with a disease, fall off the side of the bed and crack your neck in 3 places, or care for an elderly parent…while you are elderly, etc, etc, etc.
      Nobody prepares us for this, and when it comes, it just plain sucks. All we can do, is wear our sparkly clothes, with a big grin, and shine through all the pain. Oh….and talk to our Quacker buddies, of course!
      By the way, I did tell him later that night, while watching a Hallmark movie, that I cried all the way home, and why. gary feels the same way. We get robbed of our earned retirement, one way or the other. On the other hand, I know we are all grateful for whatever time we have left, and the people we share it with. that is who we all are, and why we are Quackers. I still feel bad that Jeanne left usm, with all her wonderful and uplifting stories on being old, and chubby. I wish they had an older, chubby host, with a great sense of humor. Angel is greta, don’t get me wrong, but I do miss the older life experience stories. She will have them some day, hopefully, a very long time away….LOL
      Hope I did nto depress you. We are getting blasted Sat into Sun….hope Sue gets more rain, than snow.
      Adele

• adele shanbar
      Participant

You go, Gailster….ditto on all you said to make our beloved Barbara feel better.

I have heard many people say that the medical marijuana does wonders for arthritis. they take the stuff that makes people high out of it…..hell,…with all we are going through, we may need a tiny bit of a “happy high”…..LOL LOL

Sue- hope you get rain, not snow this weekend. i do nto think we are going to be very lucky on this one.

Adele

• Anonymous
      Inactive

Sorry Adele I just cannot support your team. We all can like whatever team we want but to me the Pats are just getting too cocky. They have won so many times just think they are entitled. I wish some of the teams that have not won ever or in a while would get a chance.
      I think we are getting all the snow. We had some this past weekend with some still on the ground. It is snowing now & is to last until tomorrow sometime. This one is to be light & fluffy & easy to shovel. Next one this coming weekend we are to get a foot of snow & a mix. I hope it does not turn to rain even if it would keep the amount of snow down because then it would freeze & like the weatherman said turn into concrete because our temps will be below zero & dangerous winds. That one will be hard to shovel. Then next Wed we are to get more snow. Just like the rain this summer & fall more every day or 2. So I wish all the snow lovers would come shovel me out & take it with them. I won’t be going anywhere in the near future.
      I went to the store yesterday for groceries so I would be stocked when I cannot get out. Wouldn’t you know it after I get home I put everything away & checked my receipt & threw away when all looked good. I then turn on the computer & see an ad from the store saying everyone would get 10 percent off their order today. I wrote along with some others saying we just did a big order & come home and see this. They said take your receipt to customer service to get our 10 percent. To bad I did not know before the trash man picked up so I am out of luck. They did not tell us that until today so it was to late.
      My shoulder has been bothering me too but I lather it with biofreeze before I go to bed & get it warmed up. Then it feels pretty good in the morning. But after I use it all day it starts to hurt again. I really overdid yesterday & everything hurt plus my legs felt shakey like jello last night.

• Dianne Danielson
      Participant

Hi Ladies,
      GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!!! I was just in the middle of a post when it disappeared on me!! That makes me soooooooooooo mad.
      Anyway I;m back. I’m not sure how I got here, I just kept at it till I got here.
      Don’t feel bad about missing my birthday. They come & they go like the wind. I didn’t do anything special.
      I went to the Blazers game last night. They won. They’d better have, they were playing against the worst team in the NBA, Cleveland.

I wish I had words of wisdom to help you through the hard times you’re all going thru with your families & pains. I guess it comes with the territory of getting older. I hurt my right shoulder some how, & went to the Dr.’s yesterday. I think it’s a pinched nerve somewhere, so he’s putting me into PT. My right arm goes numb, down to my hand. And at night I have a hard time sleeping cuz I can’t get comfortable with the pain.
      Not sure what I did.
      I finally got my Christmas stuff put away. I swear it multiplies! I passed the yrly inspection. I always stress out even tho I know it comes every yr. They were in & out in 2 minutes. I was talking to the head maintenance gal & she said she could walk into my apt any day of the yr & I wouldn’t be written up. I guess it has to be pretty BAD to get written up. I’ve heard some are pretty bad, esp. the men who live alone.
      Now that I have the Christmas stuff put away, I’m working on putting out my bouquets of artificial roses & flowers. They brighten up the place during these dark days.
      I hear about those horrible storms out there. We could use some of that snow out here in the mts. The ski resorts only have 2′ or so of snow & they should have several feet of snow by now. I’m pretty sure we won’t be getting any snow down here. Jan. is shaping up to be yet another dry month. Not looking good.
      Now for the really bad news. I went to the store last week, went thru the checkout line, but when I got home I realized I didn’t have my little coin purse in my pocket. I went back, but didn’t find it, & no one turned it in. Thing is I’d just spent most of what I had with me. If they thought they won a lottery, sadly they didn’t. About the most I had was maybe $10. I had a lot of change, in pennies, nickels, dimes. I cancelled all my cards. In the meantime I kept a close eye on my bank account, but nothing showed up.
      Well, I better get off here before I lose it again.
      Take care & stay safe & warm

dd & Jewell

Attachments:
    • Gail Norusis
      Participant

DD,
      I’m sorry that you lost your wallet. That always sucks as you have to cancel cards and watch accounts. it’s such a headache.
      I hope you get the cute PT guy again. That will make going a bit more pleasant.
      You sound like a big basketball fan. Did you see the Globetrotters yet. I thought you said you had tickets but I can’t remember when it was.
      What pretty butterfly pictures. I like the one that looks like it’s quilted.
      Gail

• Gail Norusis
      Participant

Sue,
      I hope you don’t get too much snow to shovel. It’s supposed to start here this afternoon. I really don’t know how you manage-you must be super woman as I could not shovel snow. It scares me thinking that you have to go out and do that.
      What is biofreeze/ Is it like aspercream or ben gay?
      I will probably be rooting for the Chiefs as we have visited KC every year for about the last 10 years and they are a Midwestern team. For the most part I like to stick with teams from my area of the country or places where we have family.
      That is too bad that you threw out the receipt before you realized that you could get a refund. They should have had a sign at the registers or something too.
      Gail

• Gail Norusis
      Participant

Barbara,
      I was just thinking that Neal is an air traffic controller so he must be working without pay. I will pray this stupid government shutdown ends soon. I don’t even want a wall and I certainly don’t want to pay taxes to build it. I don’t think a wall will keep out bad people-it’s just not that simple. I was afraid Brent might be affected because he works with the USDA but he is okay as we talked to him last night.
      all these poor people will soon not be able to pay their rent or house payments or feed their kids. There has to be a better way to solve this. What ever happened to diplomacy and compromise? sometimes the government acts like spoiled children. Off the soapbox now!
      Gail

• Gail Norusis
      Participant

Adele,
      I hope the shoulder is starting to get some relief and the cold is getting better. When it rains it pours sometimes.
      I hope Tillie will continue to participate in the family activities.
      Little Aizen is so cute in his new jacket. Looks like he has some room to grow.
      That cat is really eyeing that cupcake. it was a pretty cupcake. The cat is also quite a pretty cat.
      I think just about all of us in the northern sections of the country are going to get some sort of weather this weekend. Hope it’s not too bad for any of us.
      Just found out the kids are off again on Monday so Jenny will need a sitter again. i swear they have a day off every other week. I hope the weather is okay as I don’t like driving into town if the roads are bad.
      Gail

• Anonymous
      Inactive

I get the Biofreeze gel from Amazon. It is for arthritis, back pain, sore muscles & joints. It would be sorta like Ben Gay but I cannot use Ben Gay. I would rather use this instead of pills or shots. It does not work for everything for me as it did not help my knee.
      We did not get much snow over night maybe 2 inches. The big bad one is coming. I cleared my walk of this minor stuff. My neighbor was out & we were talking & he said I should call if I need anything. He always digs out my car but I told him it does not need done right away as I am not going anywhere. It was different when I had to go to work. I am not superwoman & I pay for it but you do what you have to as it does not shovel itself. If it is too deep & Heavy the neighbor will help & Luke said if we got a big one he would help. This being on the weekend will mean he is home & won’t be at work so he most likely will come help. I am just so scared of falling. Thank you for being concerned as some people are not.
      If I am not on they say there may be extended power outages because of the ice & wind. I really hope not because if will be so cold without heat.
      Gail you should be on Facebook because there was a video up of Trump & some kids & Pence come in & said sir it is time to go and Trump threw a fit & Pence was dragging him out. It was funny but so true as they all act like 2 year olds. I am opposed to the wall too. I don’t think it will work as they will go over under or around. I am opposed to my money being used for it as there are many more places the money could do more good. Trump says he wants to protect the American people but look how many his shutdown is hurting. Frankly I am more worried about ISIS than anyone crossing the border. They are not flying planes into buildings. So walls will stop no one.
      Did you see Quacker Factory is having a new line of leisure wear? It will be in Monday’s show.

• Gail Norusis
      Participant

Hi Sue,
      Well we were lucky and ended up with only three or four inches. I swear the forecasters like to make things more dramatic and exaggerated just to get viewers or something. A lot of things were cancelled last night including the dance/fair at the school that Piper and Jenny were going to attend. We ended up not going over there last night anyway as the school had called Jenny to pick up Piper as she felt sick to her stomach and had a slight fever and was crying. We like to stay away from the kids when they are sick. I did call Jenny later and she said Piper seemed fine so whatever it was seems not to be too serious. I had been planning on bringing over Kendall’s birthday gift though. Now i will have to bring it Monday as they are off again for MLK day. Every time we turn around they are off for something.
      I am glad you have your neighbor and Luke to help you if you need it. They are nice to be concerned. Greg just left to plow our house and the apartment. this time he will stop at Jenny’s too and snowblow there if he has too since it needs to be clear for me on Monday. It’s harder to use the plow at her house since there’s nowhere to push the excess snow. I fell a couple of years ago going to my car from her house and that has really made me cautious as i am really afraid to fall again now. It makes me not want to go out in winter at all unless everything is dry.
      I guess your knee must have been bone on bone and nothing will help that besides a replacement-although sometimes those gel injections will help people for quite a long while. did you ever have those?
      I’ll bet that video with Trump and Pence was funny. I don’t really care for Pence either but you have to feel kind of sorry for him trying to wrangle Trump. Plus i would bet that some of what Trump says and does embarrasses him but yet he is linked to him because he is VP.
      I saw that that QF is going to start doing leisure wear. I think it’s a great idea as during the winter months when i am mostly at home that’s the kind of clothes I mostly wear. They may have to watch their pricing to compete with the Cuddle duds and Anywhere lines though. I see they are taking QF in a new direction with more subtle sparkle maybe to appeal to a larger audience.
      Stay safe and warm.
      Gail

• Anonymous
      Inactive

I don’t think we will get off as well as you. It is snowing now & is to continue into tomorrow. Every time I check they have upped the total. Now we are to get 12 to 18 inches. This area is now to get more snow & less mix. But they are still calling for bone chilling cold below zero and dangerous winds. So I will be stuck here until about June. It will be a nightmare when plows clear the road they bury my car(no wonder it rusts). My neighbor will shovel it but there is no where to put it so it gets piled sky high. If we get so much I cannot throw it so high. Then if it does warm enough to start melting it runs down & refreezes so I cannot safely walk over that. It would be nice to snow bird off to Florida for a couple of months. Many do from around here but I can’t afford it. I know one lady, now deceased, took the auto train down every year so she would have her car.

• Dianne Danielson
      Participant

Hi Ladies,
      I hope everyone is okay. I hear there are two storms headed out there. We’re having some rain, & snow in the mts this weekend. Good for the skiers. I’m pretty sure we won’t see any down here this yr. Too warm. It’s been in the 50s, quite unusual for Jan.!!!

I’m glad to see I’m not the only one who’s against the wall. It’ll be a boondoggle if it’s built. It’s a shame about the 800,000 workers who have to pay for this stupidity!!! Trickle down affect. If he wants the wall, he should have to pay for it himself!!! HE’s such an IDIOT!!! Walls don’t work, they never have. The Great Wall of China is now a tourist attraction, & we all know what happened to the Berlin wall. Torn down & reunited a country. Yeah they really work. And those drug cartels are already here, living the high life no doubt. They have the money to build/dig tunnels & they don’t need a Congress to give them the $$$$ to do it!!!!
      Well, I better get off here before I lose this post, like the others.
      Stay safe, warm & cozy.
      dd & Jewell

Attachments:
    • adele shanbar
      Participant

Hey Sue
      I get it about the Pats. I am nto a huge fan of Brady either. I think he should have retired two years ago, when they won the Superbowl. He is just getting too old. There are others who can be just as good on the team now- per Gary. On the other hand, they do a lot of charity work, and I respect them for that. The owner’s late wife was very big on giving back to the community. The players loved her- she died from cancer, I think- quite a few years ago. That is the one thing I love the pats for- the Red Six too- they do a lot of charity work too.
      My favorite player is the Gronk. his personality can fill up a room. I also used to love the player who knelt before each game- don’t remember who he played for. I love him in commercials. I bet when he retires he will go into acting. He has a lot of injuries, so I think he will not be aorund too long.
      We rae getting snow, then ice, then rain. It will be a huge mess up here this weekend. I am praying (like you) that it disappears before the predicted freeze tomorrow night. I go back to the doctor on Wednesday to find out about the heart/swelling, and I don’t want to have to cancel that one again.
      what is biofreeze??
      My shoulder is ok, since the shot. But, not great. I am hoping more of the pain will disappear- they said it could be up to a week for it to go away.
      That is awful about the supermarket. Sometimes you think they do that on purpose! I am so sorry that happened to you as it is so aggravating.
      I hope you get less sleet and snow, and luck out to get just rain….that will disappear before the freeze.
      Have a good night.
      Adele
      PS….I am still sick. A cough that will not quit, and just feel lousy. It will pass.

• adele shanbar
      Participant

Hey DD!
      Thank God we have your pretty pics back for this awful weather we are having. Thank you! you always make our lives brighter.
      I am so sorry you lost your purse. It is scary today, with all the dishonest people. I am glad you got everything cancelled before you had a problem.
      What is it with all of us having shoulder issues lately? They are the worst for sleeping. no position you can get into- I have to lay flat on my back, and make sure the covers are over the shoulder so it doesn’t ache as much.
      I am glad you are getting to enjoy the sports games. Who goes with you? how is Critt?
      Of course you passed inspection. You are a sparkly Quacker.
      Hope you get some wanted snow, and we do not….LOL
      Have a good night!
      Adele

• adele shanbar
      Participant

Gail and Barbara
      Ditto….I am angry, and very concerned for all these poor people with no paychecks. This is just not acceptable, and I also pray it is over fast.
      Nobody wants a stupid wall.
      Adele

• adele shanbar
      Participant

Hey Gailster
      the shoulder is somewhat better, and even a little is good. I will take less pain any day. But, it would be great if it were all, or most gone. I still have hope, as they said it could take up to a week to feel the full affect. This weather is not helping. It will be awful here for the next 2 days.
      the cough is awful- I keep blowing my nose, and nothing comes out. It is in my chest. I stayed in the shower a while this morning, as the steam felt so good.
      Monday is Martin Luther King’s birthday- everything is closed, Our kids have no school either, which is god, mostly die to the weather. It will be minus 10 on Monday, with the wind chill.
      I hope it isn’t as cold at your place. You will freeze goign to babysit.
      Everyone is staying far away from me…..LOL
      So, nobody will be rooting for our PAts? That is ok. They ahve won way too much. I always love when the underdog wins.
      I have to hurry, a I want to get in there before the new Hallmark movie starts….LOL
      Adele

• adele shanbar
      Participant

Hi agina, Sue
      I just read your second one. I hope you knwo we all worry about you, especially when we do not hear from you. It is scary to be older and alone in the winter, with all the bad weather.
      We had the same thing yesterday- they kept increasing our totals. We were up to 18 inches, and then today, they backed way off, and added lots of ice and rain. I think the ice and rain are worst. I am praying we will not lose another tree, or the roof leak start back up again. Bobby just reminded me to make sure everything is fully charged in case we lose electricity too.
      I will go to bed saying a prayer for both if us to be safe, and when it freezes that nothing will be on the streets or walkways.
      I am so glad you have neighbors who look out for you- they are your Angels.
      Love, Adele

• adele shanbar
      Participant

Hey DD
      I am behind you 100%. No wall makes any sense. Nor does shutting down the government. I hope people re-think flying right now, as I heard they were told to only work on what is broken on a plane. how scary is that?
      I just wish someone would give him a brain….like the Tin Man…or did he get a heart? Well, # 45 could use a heart too, as he seems to have a thumping gizzard in place of one.
      Adele

• Gail Norusis
      Participant

Adele,
      I have one word for you Mucinex for that chest congestion. Okay. will write more later. lol
      Gail

• Gail Norusis
      Participant

Hi Adele,
      I think most of the pro teams do charity work. Some as individual players and some as a team effort. I’m glad they do that-especially when they do things like visiting children’s hospitals and such. Speaking of that we saw where Justin Timberlake was touring in some city and some kids from the Children’s hospital posted a video asking him to drop by which he did. He seems like a nice guy and that kind of confirmed it for me.
      I must say now every time I do laundry I think of Gronk as he does that Tide pod commercial and I use Tide pods. lol I think that’s funny.
      It’s very cold here too but at least we got our snow and now it is over with. Until the next one comes along anyway. Believe me if Jenny didn’t need a baby sitter tomorrow I wouldn’t be going out in the cold. I would be home warm and snug. I swear each winter I go out less and less. I am getting to be a winter hermit-or am just getting smart. lol but then I get cabin fever and start climbing the walls and looking for things to do just to get out.
      Here’s the weird thing. It seems like no one wants the wall or feels like it’s going to be effective so why have we shut down the whole government over it. Because Trump wants it and he seems to be the only one. And I especially don’t want to pay for it. I’d rather my tax dollars went to helping people (if I really had my way-I’d keep that money and help myself) lol His big promise was that he would build it and it wouldn’t cost us anything. No one wants to pay for something that they think is useless to begin with. It’s like me buying myself a size 4 dress thinking I’m actually going to wear it. What a waste.
      Anyway, get yourself some of that miracle drug for congestion Mucinex and you will feel better. That is the same type of cold that I had in early December and the same type Greg has now. The cough does linger on for quite a while Greg still has his after two weeks but he feels better now.
      Also some good old fashioned vicks on the chest helps too-but I swear vicks is not as strong as it used to be when I was a kid so it doesn’t seem to work quite as well. And lots of liquids. Thank you Dr. Gail. lol
      Gail

• Gail Norusis
      Participant

DD,
      I wish I were on the beach in one of your beautiful pictures soaking up some sun.
      Gail

• Gail Norusis
      Participant

Sue,
      What is the auto train?
      Gail

• adele shanbar
      Participant

Gailster….if Gary or Tillie get this, I am moving in with you until they are well……LOL
      I gave in, and started to take the z pack I had in the cabinet- I had an extra one from when I was sick 2 years ago- no idea how I ended up with 2 of them, but so glad today!! Nobody could go and get anything at CVS today- all ice out there. I am worried about the nurse coming here tomorrow. We already ran out of ice melt. I ordered some at Home depot, and they had only 2 bags of the big size left.
      I hope Sue is luckier than us!!
      Adele

• Anonymous
      Inactive

I guess I should have realized that you all would not have heard of the auto train. The only one in the US is on the East coast running from just outside of Washington DC to just outside of Orlando,Fl. It is like a ferry that takes your car across the water. It is an Amtrak train that loads your car on to train cars. You board & can get a roomette or sleeper car or just sit in the coach seats. They have a dining car onboard for your meals. It is a way to get to Florida without driving the entire distance & have your car to use there opposed to renting one. It is a 17 hour trip. You can google it as then you can see photos & read about it.
      It is freezing here & will be getting colder. I am shoveled but I did not clean off the car as I am not going anywhere. It is icy now where we shoveled. So I am afraid to walk on it. I will put ice melt out once it warms up some as it is to cold now to help. My neighbor did most of it. I did from outside my door & part way out the walk until I reached where he had shoveled. I looked for him but he was down shoveling for another neighbor. He helps all of us. But I worry about him too as he is not young anymore either. But he is in good shape he walks long distances & rides his bike although not in this weather. He only uses his car if he is going into town or something like that.
      So now I am just going to stay in & try to keep warm.

• adele shanbar
      Participant

Hey Dr. Gail
      I am attaching 2 pics of the front of the house. Bobby snowblowed before ti changed to ice. I hope you can see the ice puddles at the bottom of the driveway. The cars have a coating of ice, that is only going to get bigger. We didn’t get any rain- just ice, and it is still sleeting out there.
      Justin Timberlake is a big favorite of mine. Have you seen him on SNL, in the skits where he dresses up as some bizarro figure, with the huge white gloves and white shoes? OMG….I die everytime they do one.
      I started to take an old z pack I had form 2 years ago. I saved it, just in case, and glad I did. It expired in Dec, but, who cares at this point? It is way too dangerous to send anyone out there today. I see my doctor on Wed of this week, so if I need something more, he can order it. I took the first dose last night, and today was the second one. They work like magic, as the cough is a lot better today. I am so glad I did nto wait any longer, as last night I sounded awful, and my chest was killing me from coughing.
      Well, I have decided I will never again attend a social event with a lot of people in the winter. I may also never o go an ER with anyone on the winter……LOL I am sure i got this because i am so stressed, and must have lowered my resistance. Steph has both boys sick too.
      I hope Sue is ok, and got the rain.
      Adele

Attachments:
    • adele shanbar
      Participant

Hey Sue!
      I was hoping you would have the rain. It looks like you got the same thing we did. Checkout the pics- that is nto snow on the top of the cars- all ice. We were supposed to get warm so you could clear everything up, and then the deep freeze tonight. I think they missed the boat on the ice part.
      I will add a prayer for your neighbor to stay healthy for many, many years, so he can continue being such a good neighbor to all of you. We have good neighbors too, and each help the other out, when one of the guys, or girls has health issues. Everyone has had a turn, with heart attacks, bone surgeries, etc. I guess it is good that all the neighbors do not have a problem at the same time.
      here is a funny for you. When I am sick, I want chocolate. So, I browsed the computer for my favorite truffles. then, I realized…..hey….what happened to the truffles I got for Christmas?? I ask Gary is he remembers me serving any, and he did not. I look way back in the fridge, and low and behold, there are 2 little boxes, with 4 in each box ….LOL LOL Of course, I took one box out for tonight to have with dinner, and saved the other one for Valentines day.
      Stay warm and safe, my good buddy in Penn…….no power outages allowed!!!!
      Love, Adele
      PS….I wonder if Colleen and Barbara are ok?? I know DD is ok, as they have not had any bad weather.

• Colleen
      Participant

Hi Everybody,
      It seems like it has been forever since I have been on here. I caught some type of flu. I have had it for over a week . I could not keep anything down for a week and was so tired I slept a lot. I am hoping that none of you ladies catch this. It is really going around in this area. My brother and his wife caught it first in our family. So just be careful and take care.
      It has been really cold here and there has been a lot of snow here. It is so pretty. It was really windy yesterday and and blew a lot of the snow around. It was a really interesting day.
      Well that is about all from here. I have a lot of catching up to do with everybody. It sounds like the auto train is like a ferry boat. I am probably wrong but sounds like it to me.
      I hope all of you have a great night.
      Colleen

• adele shanbar
      Participant

OMG, Colleen
      You caught a real nasty flu. I hope you stay well the rest of the winter.
      I caught the head flu this time- on my second day of the antibiotic. I feel a little better. The cough is really gross.
      We are getting ready to watch the game. Bobby made dinner tonight, and it was just us, as the weather is gross. We will celebrate my birthday with the family next week.
      I hope Ron does not catch the flu. It is awful when a husband gets it. I said that if Gary or Tillie catch it, I am going to Gail’s until it is done…..LOL Hey….I could work my way across the Us, and hide from all the family, goign from Quacker to quacker, until everyone is well…..LOL
      I hope you have a good night.
      Love, Adele

• adele shanbar
      Participant

OMG…..that Adele on the Quacker show was not me….LOL LOL

I bet you all thought you hear my voice for the first time…sorry. Hey- maybe next time they have a show, we should try to get on, and say hi to each other!

Adele

• Dianne Danielson
      Participant

Hi Ladies,
      Awwww shucks, & here I thought it was you on QF today. I was gonna ask if it was you, but you beat me to it.
      So how are all of you? I hope you’re all okay.
      I don’t know if it’s made the national news yet but we have a health alert out here. It’s actually across the Columbia river, in Vancouver, Wa., but it could spread to Portland. IT’s a measles outbreak. I think there’s at least 25 reported cases of them. It started a few weeks ago, & has gotten worse. In fact they say people who attended a Blazer game Jan. 11th could be at risk. Luckily I wasn’t at that game. But that’s still a lot of people who are at risk. I can’t believe someone could be sooooooooooo STUPID as to take a kid to a ballgame if he or she was ill. And it all stems from not getting the kids
      vaccinated for the measles. There are several places they say are on a list to avoid. It just boggles my mind!!!!

Well, I guess I better get off before I bore you all.

take care
      dd & Jewell

Attachments:
    • Anonymous
      Inactive

Adele I wondered if that was you. I did not hear the state but I was cooking & heard Adele so I wondered if it was you.

DD I had the measles as a kid so I guess I am okay. I also had the shingles shot. I don’t know what is wrong with people. I think we had to have all those vaccinations before we started school. The problem around here is all the Amish as they never get any vaccinations.
      I love the spring flowers but they are a long way off. Could I borrow Jewell to snuggle with on these cold days?

• Barbara Smith
      Participant

I sure hope everyone is beginning to feel better. Gosh, all of you have been so sick; I am so sorry. I heard that the flu is really bad; both the chest kind and the intestinal kind. Adele, I think you had both from the sounds of it. It is so scary the way you all are having this bone chilling cold on top of all that ice and snow in your areas. We had such fierce winds blowing I thought it was going to blow our roof off at times. And it was thundering and lightning and snowing all at the same time during some of it. We had so much water running out of the places Jerry had plowed and made as drainage ditches years ago. It looked like a river rushing through. The cold wind was awful. You couldn’t even stand to go outside for 5 minutes. And I know it was so much worse on all of you. So praying it is warmer now and not so dangerous. What a shame you didn’t have your receipt Sue. I agree they should have notified you when you checked out about the savings. I know every penny counts around here, and I watch as they as checking me out since I have found that they miss my sale prices on quite a few things if I don’t. We had chili one night and I found some roasts on sale that I made yesterday for everyone. I just love a day when it is a one pot meal and you can just smell it cooking and simmering all day. I make some blueberry muffins also. It was yummy. I put any leftovers in small freezer bags and then send some home with the kids and save some for us so then we have an easy meal for another day. Just add fresh bread, and a goodie and we’re ready.
      Thank you for all your words of support. You all know Jerrys Dad lived in his little house behind ours for over 25 years. We were so fortunate that he was able to live there until he passed. But at that time I cooked everyday and so he had a home cooked meal too. He was a good man. Everytime he was asked “how do you feel PawPaw? he would always answer “great, just great” and I know there were many times he didn’t. But Jerrys Mom wasn’t that way. She is doing actually better, mood wise, now that she lives in assisted living. She was not a happy person, and none of Jerrys six brothers ever helped us with his Dad or now with his Mom. He does have one older brother who has apologized to us for not helping us; and does help Jerry now with his Mom. I know family dynamics play so much in to all situations. Guess what I am trying to say is truthfully, I found times of feeling so good about what I was able to do for others, and sometimes not so nice. Guess that’s normal though.
      I am like you Gail, if anything would help me with pain, I would be right there for my dose lol. Jerry is very set in his ways and where I am very open minded he is committed to his beliefs. I respect his way, but I guess there really is truth is the saying that opposites attract. lol I am surely bringing it up to the doctor though. We need help.
      Better go for now and get some dinner. It is a soup and grilled cheese night for us. I need something warm on my tummy. Hope Tillie is doing well. Please be careful Adele. Aizen looked so cute and proud. You got a good price for his jacket. DD, I bet Jewell is snuggled in. I think I am like a bear hibernating now. I don’t even want to go out in the rain or cold or whatever. Take care everyone. Hope your eye and your stomach is better Colleen. How awful. Barbara

• adele shanbar
      Participant

Hi DD
      I love your pics- Spring is on the way. It looks like Alaska around here. Everything is frozen. I hope it clears out y tomorrow, or I will have to change my appointment with my doctor. It is supposed to get to 40, and I hope it does.
      That was funny yesterday. I could only imagine all of your laughter. If it were me, I would have given a shout out to all of you!!!
      I am so glad you did not go to that ball game. Wow, is all I can say. Vaccinations are so vital to everyone’s health.
      Did you see AGT last night? It looks like the regurgitator will be back- yuck!
      Hope your day went well, and your night will be good.
      Adele

• adele shanbar
      Participant

Hi Sue!
      It was not me. I was howling, when I heard my name. That was so funny.
      Did you see AGT last night too? The regurgitator is coming back- so gross.
      We all need to borrow Jewell to stay cozy.
      Hope you are having a good day.
      Adele
      PS…I did lentil soup tonight. What did you make yesterday??

• adele shanbar
      Participant

Hey Barbara!
      OMG- what happened to Colleen’s eye and belly? I think I am missing things becasue I just do not feel like me….LOL
      So, we had a crazy day. We had Heather, Frankie, Marissa and Pena here for the infamous Kane’s Donuts this am. Marissa nd Pena rought them, becasue it is way too icy out there for Gary. In the middle of all that, the PT and Nurse also arrived. I have a couple left for breakfast tomorrow…..woohaa!
      So, it is debatable as to whether or not I can make it to the doctor tomorrow. Bobby could nto get all the ice out of the driveway- there are small mounds to negotiate while getting into the Jeep- just around the car, if you know what I mean. he also said the side streets are very bad, and he doesn’t think it is a good idea to go out, Period.
      Good news on the shoulder- in a resting position,no pain. Also do not wake up all night long when I move. Also good. But, if I move it, or reach, i still get a twinge of pain- not as bad as before. So, all is good, as long as I do nothing.
      We also had the Acorn Stair Lift person here. Here is the best of all…..due to all the chubby people in the house, we cannot get one that goes aorund a corner, as we are all too fat…..LOL LOL So, we woudl need 2 of them- with a wonderful discount into tomorrow only…….ta da…..7000.00. I just do not want to spend all that money, and not feeling great about the look of it, either- with 2 chairs on 2 levels.
      You were so good to Paw Paw, and are so good with Jerry’s Mom. you have a special place in heaven with your name on it!!
      I hope your night is going well, and that you and Jerry are all snuggled in bed watching TV!!
      Hope it gets warmer down there…..it is not warm up here….
      Adele

• Gail Norusis
      Participant

Colleen,
      Feel better soon. We miss you.
      Hugs,
      Gail

• Gail Norusis
      Participant

DD,
      We are getting snow since yesterday and then we are going into a deep freeze. Brrrrrrr!
      All the surrounding schools are closed except ours which is starting two hours late. I’m not sure why they are doing that.
      I worry now every time they have a snow day that Jenny will have to stay home from work with them. I am not driving into town on a bad day to watch them. Of course they could drop them here but they would be so bored as none of their “stuff” is here. I would probably be exhausted if I had to amuse them for ten hours. lol
      Yes, the kids all used to get their inoculations until someone decided they weren’t good and then they started giving people a pass for just about any little reason. Of course back when we were kids there were no measles or chicken pox or mumps shots so we just had to suffer through all those things. I had both kinds of measles, chicken pox and mumps when i was a kid.
      I am so looking forward to seeing those spring flowers but i know it’s still a few months away.
      Gail

• Gail Norusis
      Participant

Barbara,
      I like those days with those one pot meals too. The aroma just permeates the house and it makes the whole place feel comfy.
      I hope you have good luck at the doctor with Jerry.
      Gail

• Gail Norusis
      Participant

Sue,
      I am going to google the auto train and read about it. It actually sounds like a great idea. I wish there were more in other areas of the country. I imagine the east coast must have enough snow birds to make it economically feasible. Thanks for the info.
      My SIL and her husband are leaving for Florida on Saturday for three weeks. Lucky them. By the time they get back February should be about half over so you can at least see the light at the end of the tunnel.
      We are having snow right now and had it since yesterday afternoon so it is probably coming your way. Greg is out plowing right now. Thank goodness for plows and garages. Stay safe and warm.
      Gail

• Gail Norusis
      Participant

Hi Adele,
      How did it go with Tillie and the PT and the nurse?
      So what are you thinking about the lift chair. Who knew you needed to be thin to ride one around a corner. Did you look at all into if medicare would pay for part of something like that?
      I heard Adele on the QF show too, but I knew right away that wasn’t you as there was no “Boston” in the voice-although I never did hear them say where she was from.
      I saw too on the previews that it looks like the regurgitator is coming back. Poor Greg gets so grossed out by him. I just put a blanket over my head when people are doing stuff like swallowing swords and shooting flaming arrows. lol
      Hey, you guys need to get some variety in car colors-all I see in your driveway is white cars and trucks. They blend in with the snow. Do you have a garage? We have a three car garage for the cars and Greg parks the truck in the barn so at least the cars don’t have to be cleaned off and they are a little warmer in the morning than if they were outside.
      Did you get to the doctor or did you have to cancel? If it was still icy I wouldn’t go.
      All the other towns around here have cancelled school but Harvard is starting two hours late. I wonder why? It’s still snowing so all the roads won’t be clear by then.
      Gail

• Anonymous
      Inactive

Gail we are getting freezing rain. I was just out to put something in the trash bin & my walk is a skating rink. I threw some ice melt on it so will see if that helps. Still have not cleared off the car as it is too dangerous for me to walk around there to do it. Besides if it is like everywhere else it is frozen & you can’t budge it. I tried to shovel some on my deck yesterday but you had to chip off the top and still could not get it all off. I have not tried getting my mail as I am afraid I might fall. If this continues I will ask my neighbor to check it when he is out.
      The auto train is interesting. They have them in other countries but that is the only one here. It takes snowbirds & people going on cruises or just vacationing in Florida.
      I ordered propane yesterday as I don’t know how much is left & don’t want to run out. I just don’t know if they will be able to get to it with all the snow & it could not be shoveled as no where to go with it. Also the tank is down hill a little one but steep so do not know if he can make it up & down there. Guess I will wait & see. But it is to cold & more cold temps coming to run out of fuel. My joints just can’t take cold.

• adele shanbar
      Participant

Missy Colleen!!
      What is wrong with your cute little self?? I am praying your eye is nothing serious. I hope you can get on, and let us know how you are doing.
      Adele

Gailster
      It is funny about the cars. Bobby’s work van is white, as well as Gary’s. Bobby’s Jeep is grey…only a small color variation. Of course, my Jeep is white, as that is my favorite color for a car. My last one was red, and I always said it matched the color of the shutters on the house…..LOL.
      We do not have a garage. The garage for this house would have been where Tillie’s bedroom is. That is the one thing everyone misses, as we g all get older in New England.
      I am also disturbed by the weirdo dangerous acts. I do not think they should be allowed on the show. Sooner or later, someone is going to die on stage.
      Tillie is doing ok with all her people coming and going. thank God. But, it looks like she is catching this. We already have a call in to the doctor, I was gign to wait, to see if it gets worst, but, the OT person, who was here this am., called him today. I was just feeling he would say, wait until it looks like an infection, to do anything.
      I did nto make it to the doctor- too much ice out there, and I just did nto want to try it. Bobby was also concerned, as he says no matter where you go, there is ice to negotiate. Our whole street is all ice- you could have the Bruins play here.
      I am leaning on no for the stair thing- with the state of the economy, I just do nto want to do another 0% financing thing for so much money. Things are just not so good out there, and we see it in sales for the company too.
      That is funny that you realized there was no Boston accent…..LOL
      Hope you stay warm, and snow free….that is coming this way for the weekend….help……
      Adele

• Colleen
      Participant

Hi All,
      this has been a rough couple of weeks. I am glad that I am over all that. Adele I hope that you are feeling better now also. Sounds like Tillie is doing pretty good now that she is home. You really got a lot of ice with this last storm. Gail you are getting a lot of snow. We got a lot for awhile but now it has stopped. We are supposed to get that cold air from Canada. I guess we are all supposed to get in on that.
      What do you think of the new line that of clothes that quacker is coming out with? I really like it. I love the jogging pants with the band at the bottom of the leg. They look really comfortable. Did any one order any of the pieces?
      That funny that we all thought that you were talking on the Quacker show. It would be nice if one of us could talk on there. I am sure that we would give a shout out to everyone that chats on here.
      I do not think that I will ever get all caught up with everyone. The pictures of the flowers are so pretty DD. It does not seem like they will ever bloom again as it is so cold.
      Colleen

• Colleen
      Participant

Hi All,
      this has been a rough couple of weeks. I am glad that I am over all that. Adele I hope that you are feeling better now also. Sounds like Tillie is doing pretty good now that she is home. You really got a lot of ice with this last storm. Gail you are getting a lot of snow. We got a lot for awhile but now it has stopped. We are supposed to get that cold air from Canada. I guess we are all supposed to get in on that.
      What do you think of the new line that of clothes that quacker is coming out with? I really like it. I love the jogging pants with the band at the bottom of the leg. They look really comfortable. Did any one order any of the pieces?
      That funny that we all thought that you were talking on the Quacker show. It would be nice if one of us could talk on there. I am sure that we would give a shout out to everyone that chats on here.
      I do not think that I will ever get all caught up with everyone. The pictures of the flowers are so pretty DD. It does not seem like they will ever bloom again as it is so cold.
      Colleen

• Gail Norusis
      Participant

Sue,
      I read a guys review of the auto train. He and his sister road down with the car while his parents flew to Florida. He included pictures too so it was interesting. I guess at one time Amtrack out of Chicago wanted to do the same thing to Florida and also to Arizona but it never came to fruition.
      Be careful if you have to go out. That ice is scary scary stuff. Did you ever use those things the Q used to sell to put on your shoes for walking on ice. I think I tried both kinds-the ones with the kind of twisted wire and the ones with the spikes. I think I like the spiked ones better. They do help but the problem is if you are going to the store you really can’t wear them inside so you have to change them and you can’t wear them to drive so it is an awful lot of shoe changing for this fat old lady. lol. But if you were walking out from the house to the mailbox they might help.
      Gail

• Gail Norusis
      Participant

Colleen,
      I’m glad that you are feeling better. Greg is complaining because he is still coughing but I told him this thing takes about a month to get rid of the cough completely.
      I saw the new stuff that Quacker is doing. I didn’t order any as I already have several pairs of jogger pants. They are a little late to the game on that one but that is the kind of stuff i wear around the house all the time-especially in winter so maybe I will eventually see some that I want.
      Of course I am a jewelry lover so I am watching the gold shows today. Although I really prefer the gem day that I think is coming in February.
      We are in for a deep freeze now with minus temperatures at night. I just keep thinking about spring.
      Gail

• Gail Norusis
      Participant

Hi Adele,
      I know what you mean about not wanting to invest that money on the stair thing unless absolutely necessary. That’s a big investment and who knows if Tillie would even use it. I sure hope that she did not catch your cold or flu or whatever it is you had.
      Does your doctor charge when you cancel the appointment. I think around here you get charged something if you cancel less than 24 hours before but i can’t remember what it is anymore. However, the older I get the less i want to take the chance of going out in bad weather so it’s hard to make appointments in winter time.
      Gail

• adele shanbar
      Participant

Hi Sue
      I am hoping you got the “big melt” that we got last night, and the gas man can fill up your tank. It is still warm here, but it is pouring, and the wind is real scary. Of course, we got water in the living room again. All It takes is a lot of wind,and rain. It is a lot less, just some area of water, and not a huge puddle this time. the wind is so bad, I am concerned we will lose another tree.
      I hope you get a chance to get your mail, while it is not slippery. I hate ice. At least with snow,you get a little traction, as long as it is not iced over. Our street was so bad, the mailman did not even deliver the mail.
      That auto train sounds really cool.
      Oh oh…the lights here are blinking. I hope they do nto go out.
      Adele

• adele shanbar
      Participant

Hi Colleen
      I did not order any of the pants, as I have the Anybody loungewear ones, which are very comfy, and less expensive. I would like to know what people think about the new line. We will have to see.
      I am glad you are back on here.
      Please read the post to Sue, as most info is in there. My lights are blinking, so I have to be quick. Having a rain/wind storm here.
      Tillie got the flu from me- doctor gave her an antibiotic yesterday, and she is already better. I am still coughing….seriously???
      I hope your eye is better, and you are ok.
      Adele

• adele shanbar
      Participant

Hey Gail
      Please read the other posts, as i am hurrying like crazy- lights are blinking. the wind is scary……
      Tillie did get the flu/cold- this is day 2 of antibiotic for her, and she is already better, and cough not as bad as mine.
      Tell Greg I still have the cough- and I am done with the antibiotic. I have another one at CV that we need to pick up, just in case this gets worst. So tired of being sick- getting real old!
      I hope all your peeps are ok, and nobody else gets sick. this is an awful one.
      My doctor also wants cancellations at least 24 hours in advance. But, they all knew how sick I was- Tillie and Gary went to doctor without me last week, and they have heard from me twice about antibiotics. Plus, the ice got worst, not better on Wednesday and they know I cannot risk going out there. the weather had said Wednesday would be in the 40’s, and I thought I could go out, and then it never reached the 40’s during the day. Later last night, it was 50! I kept hearing the snow and ice fall off the roof.
      Say a prayer we do nto lose electricity! It is supposed to get colder too, and I hope the roads clear, so they will not freeze up again.
      Have a good night…
      Adele

• Dianne Danielson
      Participant

Hi Ladies,
      OK, pack your bags, whatever, & come out here. We’re having the strangest winter ever!!! For the last week of January, we are having spring like temps!!
      In the 50s all week they say. Yesterday it was 57 around the area!! I don’t remember a high like that in Jan. ever!! You can blame most if not all your weather on the Pacific ocean. We have, what they call El Nino off our coastline. It comes up from below the equator. It causes all storms to split & go over us or to the south of us. Ca. is actually getting the rain storms we’d normally be getting. The opposite of El Nino, is La Nina, which is when we get slammed with all those storms. That’s when we’d get snow down to the valley floor where I am. We will be tinder dry before summer gets here if we don’t get a lot more rain.
      The measles outbreak is getting larger. IT’s now up to over 3 dozen cases. So far, knock on wood, Or. has been spared. But some of the exposure sites are located around the area. I haven’t been to any of them, luckily. I called my Dr. to find out if I should get vaccinated. It’s been decades & I don’t remember having the measles or being vaccinated way back when.
      I’m glad you’re feeling better Colleen. Adele, I hope you’re feeling better too.
      I’m glad everyone enjoys the pics of flowers. I’m trying to cheer you guys up cuz I know how bad it is back there. I wish I could do more.
      Well, that’s about it for now.
      take care, stay safe.
      dd & Jewell

Attachments:
    • Colleen
      Participant

Hi Adele,
      I am sorry that you have water in the living room. It will be nice when they can come and fix the roof and you will have no more leaks. That is hard when you have to worry I hope they will get that fixed in the warmer weather.
      I am sorry to hear that Tillie got the flu. The antibiotics seem to be helping her though. Hopefully she will feel better by the week-end. How did it go with the therapist and the nurse? I hope it went well. That is a shame the chair lift is so expensive, I wonder how much you are supposed to weigh to get one at a reasonable price.
      Our doctor will make an acception when the weather is bad. If you do it a lot then they will not but with all the back roads around here they figure that it is safer for you to cancel then to try and get there.
      It is so cold here tonight. I do not think that we are going to have any type of warm up here for awhile. This has been a really cold winter this year. It has been nice with all the snow and cold. We do not have a good winter like this very often.
      Well that is about all from here. Have a great night and stay warm.
      Colleen

• Colleen
      Participant

Hi Gail,
      This flu are whatever it is , is hard to get rid of. It has really been going around here. It is hard to get into see a doctor right now. Some times it is hard to get into to see a doctor any way. I hope that Greg gets rid of his cold soon.
      This will be a good week for you with all the jewelry shows they are having. Is there a certain show that you like to watch? I am not into jewelry so it is hard to know which ones are the best.
      This weather is crazy. It is kind of late in the year for these cold fronts to be going thru. Maybe it is just for us and not your area. I thought the cold fronts came in sooner. Our weather has not been getting this cold every year. We use to have a lot of really cold weather then for awhile we didn’t. I guess that is how it will be for awhile.
      Colleen

• Colleen
      Participant

Hi DD,
      Sounds like you are having really nice weather right now. Especially for this time of the year. I hope that you will get the rain that you need so you do not have problems with fire later.
      That is terrible that the measles are going around in your area. I do not understand why people are not getting the kids their shots. We had to get our shots but we still got the measles and chicken pox. It was not fun and we sure were glad when they came up with the shots and our kids did not have to get those diseases.
      Those birds are so cute. It will be nice when it is time for them to come back and all the flowers start to bloom. It will be so pretty. I do like the snow though. I am hoping that we get a little more before winter is over.
      Well that is all from here. Have a great night.
      Colleen

• Colleen
      Participant

Hi DD,
      Sounds like you are having really nice weather right now. Especially for this time of the year. I hope that you will get the rain that you need so you do not have problems with fire later.
      That is terrible that the measles are going around in your area. I do not understand why people are not getting the kids their shots. We had to get our shots but we still got the measles and chicken pox. It was not fun and we sure were glad when they came up with the shots and our kids did not have to get those diseases.
      Those birds are so cute. It will be nice when it is time for them to come back and all the flowers start to bloom. It will be so pretty. I do like the snow though. I am hoping that we get a little more before winter is over.
      Colleen

• Gail Norusis
      Participant

Hi DD,
      I started hearing about the measles outbreak this morning on the news. I may have been half asleep but I thought i heard that now 1 out of 3 kids aren’t inoculated. This has really gone too far. I worry about the babies who are still too young to be inoculated running across one of these kids without shots somewhere and becoming sick because of it. People don’t seem to care about the other guy now a days. When our kids were little there weren’t all these exceptions to the rules. You didn’t have your inoculations you didn’t get into school-period-end of subject.
      Send your weather our way. It’s a balmy minus 12 here this morning. I see some schools are closed because of the cold. More snow expected Sunday into Monday.
      Gail

• Gail Norusis
      Participant

Hi Colleen,
      Around here December, January and February always have lots of cold weather. This year December was very mild. Next week we are looking at potentially record breaking cold with chances of minus 15 to 20 at night midweek.
      My lucky SIL will be in Florida. I think I’ll stow away in her suitcase. lol
      I like all jewelry shows both silver and gold although I don’t buy much anymore. I bought a lot of gold years ago when the prices were much more affordable so I have a pretty nice collection from many years ago. I have been collecting jewelry since I was 20 so that’s 50 years of collecting. I have both real and costume-a lot of Joan Rivers and Kirks Folly from back in the day. What really interests me now are gem stones. Especially unusual ones. I am just fascinated by the beautiful colors that people find in the earth. I have always loved rocks even as a kid-I had a vast rock collection and I guess when i grew up that translated into gemstones. It’s funny how some things we liked as kids stay with us.
      There is a jeweler in Lake Geneva by us who owns several mines in Brazil and he always has some unusual loose stones in his store and I like to visit there sometimes just to talk to him. He’s very interesting.
      Gail

• Gail Norusis
      Participant

Hi Adele,
      I sorry that the leak is still not totally fixed. Hopefully when the weather breaks he can come back and look at it again. That is so frustrating to have the same issue over and over. At least this time you found a more responsive guy.
      I have those Anybody jogger pants too and they are so comfy. I discovered them last winter and practically lived in them. They are practically like being in pj’s.
      I hope that you didn’t lose electricity yesterday.
      I am confused. I was always told that antibiotics don’t work for colds and flu because they are virus’ and antibiotics only work for bacterial infections. Maybe you had something more like a respiratory infection. It is confusing as I never know the difference between a cold or a flu unless it is a stomach flu.
      Minus 12 here this morning. Calgon-take me away! lol
      Time to go back to our imaginary tropical island and look for Paolo.
      Gail

• Colleen
      Participant

Hi Gail,
      I remember it use to stay cold in Rockford all winter also. We have been gone for such a long time. I sometimes wish that we lived up there still. I like living close to family but I just miss all the fun we had living up there.
      It would be so nice to be in Florida. I wonder where Palo is right now? He is probably taking care of some other women while we are sitting in the cold. I think that we should all pack up and head for the beach. WE could have a glass of wine or pina coladas. They sound really good.
      You have been collecting jewelry for a long time. That will be nice to give to the grand daughters. Do they both like jewelry? Two of my grand daughters like jewelry. Aliza is going to be the one that will wear jewelry most of the time. Brook like it also but since she has been working she does not wear it as much. I remember Kirks Folly they had some really cute pieces. I wonder where they are selling their jewelry now? I cannot remember if they went out of business or just stop selling on qvc.
      It would be fun to go and see what stones that they have in your jewelry store. I cannot imagine owning minds in Brazil. That would be interesting.
      Colleen

• adele shanbar
      Participant

Hi DD!
      I love the birds- I know they will be back here soon.
      Not too bad here today- in the 30’s, and almost all the snow is gone. We may get snow in the middle of the week.
      We got some water in again with the wind and rain. The nice man who is repairing the roof, actually called me yesterday, to ask how we were, before I even had a chance to call him. he will be back out again.
      Well, we had some excitement last night! My neighbor called to say a coyote was on our mountain. So, my neighbor and her family were on their deck, and me on this one- taking pics. My pic is very dar, but my neighbor sent me one they took. I will attach both of them.
      I was very disappointed with no Blue bloods last night- another repeat.
      Hope your day is goign well.
      Adele

Attachments:
    • adele shanbar
      Participant

Hey Colleen
      Tillie is getting better, and the cough never got that bad with her- thank God. I am sure it was because we got the antibiotic earlier.. the aid came today, and gave her a shower. She likes the pT person, but, she will be terminating with her soon.
      The real issue is the lift has to go aorund the corner. It will not accommodate a heavy person goign around a corner, so, we would have to get 2 lifts, one for each set of stairs. Here is the most amusing thing- the one going around the corner, is 13,000. The 2 separate ones, are 3500.00 each, so the total is 7000.00 for us. The 2 separate ones cost 6000.00 less than one that goes aorund a corner- the whole thing makes no sense at all. All I know is, I am not willing to make that kind of a commitment right now. If things get worst, we will revisit it, and hope the economy gets better too.
      how is your eye? Are you still sick?
      My cough is getting a little better every day. Thank God.
      Tomorrow the kids are coming over for the official birthday celebration…..whoohaa!!

Click on the dark picture, and you can see the coyote, but, nto well
      Hope you have a good night!
      Adele

• adele shanbar
      Participant

Hey DD
      I forgot to say…please stay away from any place near the measles outbreak. They even just mentioned it on our nightly news!

Gailster!
      I do think the flu/cold that I had went right into either bronchitis, or a respiratory infection. the cough was real guttural, and gross, plus, it exhausted you. It actually started with post nasal drip, that went to the awful cough in a second. The fever lasted a few days, and my face looked weird- cheeks were red, and blotchy. I was so freaked out, I googled measles. My face did not match up with measles. I am so glad I am on the mend, and that Tillie did nto get that bad. Where she is 92, and the nurse said she has nothing to fight off a cough like that, they did the prescription immediately. I was afraid she would end up with pneumonia. I am so glad it did not get to that. Tillie is still sounding very nasal. Bu, I do nto hear her coughing. I am God thankful for that!
      How is greg’s cold/flu thing??
      My neighbor’s dog is outside, and he is barking like crazy. I bet the coyotes are up on the mountain. I hate those things. You had to see them last night, with all the nose we all made, and the boys shining flashlights on him, he just stood there, and looked at us. Very bold. Or, maybe he was thinking….”this one will taste better than that one”. LOL
      How are all the grands?? The kids? Your sister having fun in Florida??
      Hope you have a good night!
      Adele
      PS….I love those pants too!

• Colleen
      Participant

Hi Adele,
      I am glad to hear that Tillie is feeling better. How long will the aid be able to come and take care of Tillie. She should be able to come for a long time because she needs the help. I do not understand how they figure this out now days. People should be able to have help for as long as they need them. Things have changed since I did home health.
      That is scary to have coyotes that close to the house. Do they come after any of the house pets if they see them outside? That is what always worries me is the wild animals around here. Our dogs are big enough to fight back all we have to worry about is the guineas.
      That is a shame that you would have to have two lifts. Would it be safe to move from one chair to the other? That would worry me. I guess they are safe are they would not be able to sell them.
      I am glad that you are feeling better. My eye is not blood shot anymore but some days it is really sore. I do not get on the computer as often now. I am trying to let it rest. I am not sick to my stomach anymore so that is good.
      Colleen

• Anonymous
      Inactive

Hey Gail I just saw your newest granddog. Luke is so cute. I hope you have fun spending some time with him.

It is snowing here & cold. We are to get a bigger snow on Tuesday into Wednesday then get very cold & windy. The snow we have left from before is so hard there is no getting rid of it. Guess I am stuck inside until Spring (if we have one this year). I did go out & start my car when I went for the mail & it did start but there is ice all around it so I am afraid of walking on that. I should try to get down to Dollar General or Sharp Shopper because I am out of milk & a few other staples. I have just been making things not using those things. I made noodle soup & a chocolate cake with peanut butter icing. May be time to make another pot of chili since it is to be so brutal outside. This place does not stay warm. You can feel the wind blowing in around the doors & windows. They did fill my tank but when it blows & is so cold it runs all the time that gets expensive, but I can’t stand the cold.

• adele shanbar
      Participant

Hi Colleen
      that is another concern Gary had- switching from chair to chair. the only solution is for everyone in the house to weigh less. I think that ship has sailed….LOL
      I think they will not keep the aid for long, as when the Pt and nurse terminate, there goes the aid. They suggested I get in touch with elder Services. That is on a sliding scale, and I Know Tillie would never pay for it, as she does not like that they are coming to begin with.
      So far, no pet has been harmed by a coyote on this street. My neighbors all have the little white dogs, so they keep them close by. Only my next door neighbor has a big dog, and he barks at everyone and everything. I knwo when I can’t see anything and he is barking, it is a coyote. I get scared about the kids outside, and we do not let them out there alone, as Aizen is still small.
      Speaking of Aizen….Heather put a video of him on Facebook- check it out. Are you on Facebook? I am friends with Sue, DD, Barbara, and Greg. I posted it on my page too, as he is singing his little heart out, and then you hear Heather in the end.
      the crew is coming here today for THE BIRTHDAY…..lol Can;t wait for the Carvel ice cream cake. obby did nto want to cook, so we re having one of my favorite’s- hot roast beef sandwiches from Liberty Bell- they have great roast beef sandwiches.
      So, what are you cooking for Super Bowl Sunday?? I want to make chili, and they don’t want it. I feel that is un-American.
      hope your day’s going well. We just had the Patriots send off at Gillette Stadium. GAry was glued to the TV.
      Adele

• adele shanbar
      Participant

hey Sue
      Wow- you did nto get a break at all. the last storm was rain for us, and everything melted. that is weird as you are usually a bit warmer than us.
      do you have a BJ’s near you? I got an email saying they have a 2 hour delivery service. They have great meats. Stop and Shop has the Peapod delivery- are they near you? I hope one of them is, as that way you could get what you need, and not have to go out there at all.
      it is cold and windy here today but sunny. We are getting that same storm Tue into Wed. Not sure yet how much, or if it will be ice or snow.
      I want to make chili too,and they laughed at me. Seriously?? It is so good when it is cold, and it is perfect Super Bowl food.
      I am doing a pork roast in the crock pit tomorrow, and chicken soup on Tuesday, so this house will smell like yours- warm and cozy, even though it is anything but out there.
      About a hundred years ago, i lived in an apartment that had awful windows, when I was first married. We put newspapers under the window, and then locked the window shut. It made a little difference in wind coming through. I know it sounds stupid, but if it helped a little that is better than nothing. Have you tried anything like that for more insulation? they have those material draft dodgers too, but if you have to get a lot of them, that can be pricey.
      Winter is challenging in our part of the country.
      I did see that pic of Jenny’s new puppy. he’s cute. (I call every dog a puppy)
      I hope you are having a nice cup of hot chocolate today!
      Adele

• Colleen
      Participant

Hi Adele,
      It is a shame that at our mom’s age they will not let them have the help that they need without paying for it. Well at least have a co pay and the insurance would pay on it. Oh well that will never happen.
      I am not on face book. I do not think that I ever will. Wish that I could see Aizen singing. I bet it is really cute. The grands are so cute and so much fun to be with. I wish the two in Tennessee were closer to home.
      Sounds like the birthday is going to be a lot of fun. It is nice that you do not have to cook and you got sandwiches from a restaurant that you like. It is always much nicer to do that and not have to cook. I am getting where I do not like to cook if I do not have to. Tuesday I am going to fix a turkey dinner. Mandy and the girls are supposed to come over.
      That is about all from here. It is too cold to do much but sit in the house. We are supposed to get that cold blast from Canada this week and that will not be fun. Of course the coldest day I have a doctors appointment so will have to go out in it. I am really getting to be a whimp.
      Colleen

• Gail Norusis
      Participant

Hi Colleen,
      You know neither Jenny or Kendall is a big jewelry person so Piper will end up with a treasure trove.
      Here’s the story on Kirk’s Folly which is kind of interesting. They were on the Q for quite a few years and they got kicked off but they still had their online business. I was a member of their collector’s club or whatever they called it. So then we got the email that they were going out of business so if we wanted I think we could get part of our membership money back or else we could get it back in Kirks Folly stuff. They had a huge close out sale and things were priced great and sold out fast. Then a couple years after that I got an email that they were reopening up their online business which really surprised me as she, her sister, and brother must be close or at retirement age. Then the next thing I knew I got an email saying they were back on QVC again. They have been mostly on Q2 and not very often at that but i thought the whole thing was quite interesting. They are actually having a couple shows this week, I think.
      So what kind of job is Brook doing? Is she taking college classes too or just working right now? I hope they are liking their new home and you still get to see them quite a bit.
      Gail

• Gail Norusis
      Participant

Hi Sue,
      I have not yet met Luke in person but knew he was coming and have seen pictures of him. His face looks similar to Cuddles. I always wondered whether she has some Corgi in her. Luke is half corgi half mini Aussie so he will probably be herding the children. lol I remember Patti Reilly had a mini Aussie-that must be a newer breed not yet recognized by the AKC.
      Well we got our snow last night. Not sure how much maybe 6 inches. Next we are in for the minus 25 degree temps overnight on Tuesday and Wednesday. When it’s this cold nothing stays warm.
      I hope you can get out and get your essentials before the next weather hits. Sometimes it does feel like we will be cooped up until spring.
      This is the time for chili and soup and those types of things. I am using the crock pot a lot right now.
      Gail

• Gail Norusis
      Participant

Hi Adele,
      Did I miss your birthday? If so Happy Birthday! I used to check the Quacker birthdays frequently but now I seem to forget to do it. If it was you shouldn’t have to cook for it. I’m all for ordering out.
      I’m glad that Tillie didn’t get that cold too badly. You are right-when someone in their 90’s gets sick it’s so much worse for them. Good thing she got on the antibiotic early.
      It’s my SIL who is in Florida not my sister. I probably won’t hear much from them until they get back.
      You do have to be careful with those little dogs around the coyotes. I have known people that have lost their dogs to them. One day I saw a fox carrying a bunny. Last week we came home from Jenny’s and there was a skunk walking across our front lawn. The wildlife is all around out here but mostly you don’t see them because they come out at night. Last week there were three deer out grazing by our pond. It’s like the wild kingdom! lol
      Gail

• adele shanbar
      Participant

Hey Colleen
      Your area of the country is all over the news for the frigid temps. Plus, the storm coming your way. I hope this ends soon, as that cold is very dangerous. We will all be praying for you.
      I am sorry you will nto see the video. he is just so cute.
      Everyone had fun yesterday, and little clean up is always good.
      So, today I did a pork loin and potatoes , in the the crock pot, with bbq sauce mixture. everyone liked it. it was like pulled pork. So, obby is cleaning up, and the crock pot fell out of his hands. needless to say, I have to hurry with osts here, as I need to order a crock pot fast…..LOL
      Earlier in the day, Gary reached for a glass, and broke a mug. seriously? What is happening over here???
      I hope your turkey dinner comes out great….it should as you are a great cook. I will smell it cooking…yum, yum!
      Hope you have a good night.
      Love, Adele

• adele shanbar
      Participant

Hey Gailster
      Please read the other posts for all the news of the day. I had to look for a crock pot, as ours had an accident….Bobby was cleaning up, and it broke. Found the same one on Amazon, so that is good.
      Tillie’s cold is almost gone. On Wednesday, it will 3 weeks I have had this, and I am still coughing. But, just a little. nowhere like it was last week.
      You have a lot more wildlife than we do. We do have deer, but with everyone’s fences for pools on our street, it is rare to see one here.
      My neighbor is real worried about her dogs. the pit bull is trying to climb up the mountain to get the coyote. I hope to God he never makes it, as it would be real ugly.
      AGt just started. I will NOT look at the regurgitator!
      I hope you are not getting the cold they are talking about on the news. It sounds frightening. Iknow Colleen is getting it, not sure about you. they also spoke about Penn. tonight. I hope Sue is ok. Dd is in the middle of a measles outbreak. Good God!
      I will have to say extra prayers for everyone tonight….
      ‘Love, Adele
      PS…..I peeked at the kirks folly- fell in love with the pumpkin skeleton man, and ordered him….hope he comes in one piece, as the reviews were nto so good.

• Colleen
      Participant

Hi Gail,
      That is interesting about Kirks folly. I have not seen them since they came back on the q. I thought they were always popular when they were on there before. I hope that they do well now that they are selling again. I wonder if they have kids that will continue with the business. That would be nice if they do.
      Brook works at Kentuky Fried Chicken. She really likes working there. They have her working double shifts which I did not know that they would let teen age kids work that many hours. She seems to work all the time. I cannot believe that she works as much as she does. They like living in their new apartment and being on their own. The kids are able to go places if they want. They can walk.
      Maybe your sil will bring some sunshine back with her. We could all use some sunshine and warmer weather I see where you are getting some of this cold weather that we are getting. It is really supposed to get really cold.
      You never know Kendall may start wearing jewelry when she gets older. Kids change as they get older. I do not know why my kids like jewelry as much as they do they sure do not get it from me.
      Colleen

• Colleen
      Participant

Hi Adele,
      We have not had to go out for anything until tomorrow. One of the coldest days. I have a doctors appointment. I would not go but have to have a refill of my medicine.
      Your dinner sounded really good. I have never fixed one with bbq sauce before. I will have to try that. It sounds really good. We had a roast yesterday and we ate left overs tonight.
      How is Tillie doing? I hope that she came up for your birthday dinner. Sounds like you had a really nice time.Do you have any more birthday’s coming up or was that it for awhile. We are at the time of year when all the birthdays start.
      It is nice that you found another crock pot. I bet Bobby felt really bad about breaking your crock pot. I would be lost without mine we use it a lot. There is not much that you cannot cook in one.
      I am glad to hear that Tillie is feeling better. That cold is hard to get rid of. It really seems to hang on. I hope that you get rid of your cold soon. I wish that I could see the video of Aizen I know it must be really cute.
      There is not a whole lot going on here. It is too cold to do too much Well I guess that I will go. Have a great night.
      Colleen

• adele shanbar
      Participant

Hello everyone…
      I heard from Barbara, and she asked to let you all know what is happening.
      Joey is nto feeling well- heart racing, sweating, etc. he has an appointment at the doctor’s, and Barbara is hoping she can go with him. She is concerned, of course, and worried due to her own history.
      So, please say an extra prayer for Joey and Barbara. She feels awful she has nto been on, and I told her not to worry, as she has enough to worry about.
      Love, Adele

• adele shanbar
      Participant

Hi colleen
      The regurgitator was on last night. Gary was laughing at me, as I could not look.
      I hope your doctor appointment goes well today, and that you don’t have any trouble starting your car. We are getting the deep freeze tomorrow.
      Tillie did come up for the birthday, and she came up last night too. So, that is good. her PT person said she is moving better, and she will terminate with her at the end of the week.
      Next month we have Jhonny’s birthday, and I think Enzo is in February too.
      i hope the weather gets better for you. That cold is just awful.
      Have a good day!
      Adele

• Gail Norusis
      Participant

Hi Colleen,
      That’s good that Brook likes the job so much. She probably likes having the money too. lol That’s nice that they live close enough to walk places.
      I think Kirks Folly has a lot of faithful customers that keep them in business. However, every business needs to get new customers to keep going.
      I heard from my SIL today and they will be having 80 degrees. I am so jealous.
      The weather people are having a field day with this cold snap. They keep showing the wind chills instead of the real temperatures and i think that just makes it too scary. I wish they would tone it down a bit. It’s getting to be that it all seems to be for the ratings and who can make something seem bigger than it really is. Now they make a big deal about 6 or 8 inches of snow and for those of us who have spent our lives in the Midwest that sort of thing just comes with the territory. I don’t mind if they want to make sure every one is safe but it just seems they blow it up just to have a good story.
      Gail

• Gail Norusis
      Participant

Hi Adele,
      It sounds like your house has a case of the fumble fingers.
      I saw the regurgitator last night. He makes me gag. However, Heidi is right he’s the only person that does that. (the only person stupid enough lol)
      We have plenty of cold here. I am way north of Colleen so our temps are colder. If you look at Chicago temps that’s about what we get but usually a bit colder as we are north of Chicago too right on the Wisconsin border.
      I had a hair appointment today. I wished I didn’t as i didn’t want to go out in the cold but I hate to cancel and throw off my whole schedule as I make a whole bunch of appointments at one time. Right now I have appointments every six weeks up until June. It wasn’t too bad as the sun was shining. However, I came home a different way and when I got off the highway all the back roads were drifted over with snow so I had a bit of a nervous drive home but I made it slowly but surely.
      I stopped off to get an oil change on the way home but Nick (oil change guy) has to order the special kind of oil that my car uses and it wouldn’t be in til tomorrow. I told him I wasn’t coming back tomorrow because of the cold and he said he didn’t even know if he would be open tomorrow. So I told him to order the oil and I would be back later in the week or sometime next week. I should learn to call him before I go in and tell him to order my oil. I will have to try and remember to do that.
      I hope you love your Kirks Folly piece. They have a lot of Halloween stuff in the fall months. Lots of cute pumpkin stuff.
      Gail

• Dianne Danielson
      Participant

Hi Ladies,
      I hope everyone is safe & warm!!! I can’t believe those horrific temps that are coming!! I’ll keep the prayers coming that they turn & go elsewhere. We could use a lot of the snow in the mts however. The East winds have returned. It clears out all the smog, fog etc, but they cut right thru you no matter how many layers you have on.

The measles outbreak is growing everyday. I checked with my Dr. & he says anyone born before 1957 should be considered immune, but he wants me to get a blood test done. Just an excuse to get me to get one done, lol.

Would somebody Please tell me how throwing up is a talent????!!!! They truly are scraping the bottom of the barrel. No pun intended.
      Did you guys catch the QF show the other day? I see they’re offering 4X & 5X now. They sold out really fast.
      Well, not much going on right now.
      I’ll sign off & will talk more later on.
      dd & Jewell

Attachments:
    • Colleen
      Participant

Hi Adele,
      My appointment went well with the doctor. They gave me a refill on my medicine and that was about it. I just saw his nurse this time around. It is better when I see her it just takes a short time to get in and out.
      That was really good that Tillie came up two nights in a row. Maybe she will start coming up all the time again. The new medicine sounds like it is working for her.
      We did not have any trouble starting our car today. I am not sure what it will be like tomorrow. It is really supposed to be cold tomorrow. We will not go anywhere just stay home where it will be warm.
      Are you getting any of that cold blast from Canada? I do not think that it is going to be as bad as they thought.I think that Gail is getting worse then we are.
      There is not much else going on around here. My daughter and one of the girls came over,. Brook had to work so she could not come. She works a lot and misses out on a lot of family things.
      Colleen

• Colleen
      Participant

Hi Gail,
      It is nice that she likes her job but she works way too much. She has saved enough money to buy a second hand car. So she is doing really well. I just wish that she did not work so many hours. She does not have the time to do anything but work and go to school.
      It seems like the news and the weather is all show these days. You do not know what is right or wrong. They make a big production out of everything. They do keep everyone scared about the weather and tomorrow is no exception . I am just aggravated with the news and the weather people tonight. It would not bother me to not watch the news for a month.
      It is nice that you got to keep your hair appointment. The way my hair is I cannot afford to miss an appointment. It is getting so thin it is a contest to see
      if I will go bald first or Ron. I guess that Ron has a head start over me.
      Your sil must be having a really good time. I cannot believe how warm it is where she is. She must be enjoying time with Palo. I hope she is. He is not spending much time with us.
      Well that is about all from here. Have a good night.
      Colleen

• Gail Norusis
      Participant

Hi Colleen,
      When the kids are working and going to school it is hard for them to find time to do other things but you have to be proud of them for having the determination to get that education. And if they are working maybe they won’t end up with a bunch of student loans so they will be ahead of the game. Good for her for getting a car too. I know that must have felt good to buy it on her own.
      My friend has thinning hair and it got even worse the year that she had stomach surgery but now it is getting better. I am lucky and don’t have that problem as my hair is very fine to begin with. I wonder if that hair growing thingy that they sell on the Q actually does anything? It is pretty expensive to begin with but I suppose if it helped it would be worth it.
      My SIL picked a great time to be in Florida whether Paolo is there or not. We woke up to minus 25 this morning. I hear there are houses in town without power which is awful. I am assuming Jenny is okay otherwise I would have heard from her.
      School is cancelled today and tomorrow and there will be no garbage pick up or mail delivery today. The only good thing that I can say is that the sun is shining. It’s supposed to be in the minus 15 area all day today and be down to 30 below tonight but then maybe only a couple of degrees below zero tomorrow and by Sunday it’s supposed to be in the 40’s but then it will go back down to colder later in the week but not as bad as now. I wonder if the groundhog will see his shadow?
      Gail

• Gail Norusis
      Participant

Hi DD,
      Well I was born in 1948 so I am immune. Plus I absolutely know that I had those childhood diseases plus I believe they also tested you for rubella when you are pregnant. Does anyone else remember that? I had an aunt who had rubella when she was pregnant with her eldest and he was born with many problems and died when he was about 19.
      We are in the deep freeze with minus 26 this morning and a high expected to be minus 15.
      Greg’s business cancelled the factory workers coming in today but the office people are going in. However, the factory is usually off on Friday but they will be going in on Friday to make up for today. Greg is normally off on Fridays so I assume he will be this Friday too.
      Just everyone please pray that we keep power and that the furnaces keep working and no pipes burst. I will feel so relieved when tonight is over.
      Gail

• Colleen
      Participant

Hi Gail,
      Well she should not have any loans if she keeps working like she is. She really likes working. It is a shame that her sister does not like to work. She just wants to sit around at home. She is a lot like her dad. He does not like to work either.
      I am thinking about trying this shampoo. A friend of my daughter uses Avive and she says that it makes her hair look fuller. I think I will try that and see if ir helps. I have heard that some of that stuff looks really bad when they get done. I have thought of getting that thing that they sell on the Q but it is so expensive. I would not want to spend the money and it does not work.
      It is really cold there. It is snowing here and has been since late afternoon. It is real light and powdery so it will melt really easy. Tomorrow it is supposed to be in the 30’s so the snow may melt. We have to go to the grocery store so hopefully it will be nice tomorrow and we will be able to go.
      School has been canceled for the last two days and tomorrow also. They even canceled it in the city. Owen will be happy about that. They do not cancel school in his school district
      Well that is about all from here. Stay warm and have a good night,
      Colleen

• Gail Norusis
      Participant

Hi Colleen,
      It’s too bad that Kylie doesn’t want to do anything. If she’s not going to school she will have to do something eventually as I imagine her Mom won’t want her sitting around forever. We have a niece like that and she’s much older than Kylie. We can’t figure out why she doesn’t want to get out in the world and do things.
      Well it’s minus 29 here this morning. I really don’t remember anything this cold although they say we had weather like this 20 years ago.
      20 degrees will look like a heat wave when it comes around.
      Yes some really good shampoos can make your hair look better. You can always ask the hair stylist next time you go too. She may have some suggestions. When I went in Tuesday I let her practice on me and use her new tool that was both a curling iron and a flat iron. I’m always up for trying something different. I swear if you want to know anyone’s secrets ask their hair stylist. lol
      Gail

• adele shanbar
      Participant

Hey Gailster!
      I hope the pin comes in one piece, as there were a few comments saying there’s came broken. I’ll let you know. I should enjoy their shows, as I do love pumpkins.
      Have you had any news on Brent lately? How has he been doing? How is Greg’s back, in this awful cold weather? I thought you were a little lower, and perhaps missing those awful temps. Do the kids have school? That is just plain frightening to have the temp that low. We are at 8 right now, ut, no wind at all.
      Tillie’s echocardiogram came back with “no change, and stable”. So, that is good. she is still getting the tingling in her legs and hands when she wakes up, so we will check with her PT person who is coming to discharge her today. the nurse checked her legs on Saturday, and sid the blood flow was good, so go figure.
      Gary has to go see his customers in NH today, and I am a little nervous about his being out in this cold. I told him to take the Jeep instead, but he said he needs the stock in the truck, just incase his customers need something else. Oh well..
      Hope you are warm, and snuggling up next to Greg!!
      Adele

• Anonymous
      Inactive

Adele I thought you would be having this brutal cold temps. You are further north & you have 8 degrees & no wind. We have been having minus temps & wind. The wind seems to not be as strong but we still have some. No school around here but they close for every little thing. I am not going out until it gets above zero. Too cold for me. I can’t even seem to get it warm inside maybe it I turn the thermostat sky high. I had it at 75 yesterday & it was only 55 in here. I know you can put things around the doors & windows but I don’t think these windows were put in right as the cold air comes in under the window sill & along the wood at the edges of the windows. We are to get more snow tomorrow as it is to warm up to 20. I will believe it when I see it.
      Gail if the groundhog is smart he won’t even stick his nose out.
      I forgot Adele we have neither of the stores you mentioned. Our grocery store has peapod delivery but I checked & it is not in our area. So we get no grocery deliveries & no food deliveries from anyone. The only thing we can get is Schwan’s every 2 weeks & they are expensive. So you need to go get what you need. We are out in the country not near any big cities.
      My place smells like chili today.

• adele shanbar
      Participant

Hi DD!
      I have not noticed the size increases. Were they on the Quacker site?
      Our temp this am was 6, now it is up to about 10. there is no wind in our area, thank God. The wind would make it unbearable.
      i remember having measles as a child. Do you remember? I bet that is why we are excluded from the scare.Still, it is scary, as you just never know hw a strain can morph…..I think.
      I think the regurgitator is so gross. His story is sad, but what he does is just not something that is worth a prize.
      I hope Blue Bloods will not be a repeat again tomorrow night.
      The new crock pot came today, and it is the same one I had before. So, I took a pic of it, and send it to Boby, saying….”look what is waiting to be washed”. Bobby texted me back….lol.
      I hope your weather stays good. I hope Sue is ok, as she has an awful draft coming in from her windows. Why are landlords so lax about how their tenants have to live? Would they like to live with drafts? People need to be kinder.
      hope your day is going well.
      Adele

• adele shanbar
      Participant

Hi Colleen
      I am glad your appointment went well. Good news is always great to have.
      I didn’t realize Gail’s weather was worst than yours- I thought it was the other way around. I hope it gets warmer quick, as those temps are just awful.
      We are getting relief tomorrow, and by Monday it will be in the 40’s. No wonder we are all sick.
      Tillie did nto come up last night, and we will see about tonight.
      The new crock pot came. Thank God! Now I can cook again…..LOL
      That was nice that some of the kids were able to come over. I am sure you miss them terribly. I hope they will all be bale to get to visit you, at the same time, so you can have a lot of fun.
      How has Ron been? Has he made the potato soup dinner list lately? i hope not.
      Hope your weather is better than yesterday.
      Adele

• adele shanbar
      Participant

Hey DD and Gail
      I bet the workers were thrilled they did not have to go out in that weather. that was so good of Greg to take care of them. He is a good boss!
      Adele

• adele shanbar
      Participant

Hey Colleen

I have used the Nioxin, System 3 shampoo, conditioner, and treatment. I have used them since I lost all the hair, and it works. I still lose more hair from time to time, when I am stressed, but, nowhere like the way it was before I used the system.
      I get the shampoo from Amazon.
      Adele

• adele shanbar
      Participant

Hey Sue
      That really stinks. It is awful not to be able to get food delivered, when you cannot go out. I was hoping you would have that service, so it would be a little easier on you during these cold spells.
      It is now a balmy 15 out there, with no wind. we had the wind last night. here is a real funny for you…..when we had to replace the deck boards 2 summers ago, we did it with that fake wood that needs no maintenance. Not the Trex stuff, as that is slippery, a new one that doesn’t make you fall when wet. Well. Apparently, when it gets this cold the wood makes a loud anging sound every once in awhile until it gets used to the colder temps. It sounds like someone is slamming wood on the deck. Kind of freaks me out a little. Funny that none of the paperwork ever references that issue…..LOL
      look on the Q site, for that very fuzzy throw thing that you wear- I got one for the girls at Christmas, and they love it. Heather even shovelled snow in hers. I will look for the number, and come back on to give it to you, as that will keep you warm.
      I am so sorry you have to go through all this weather, and still have to go out to go shopping.
      Adele

• adele shanbar
      Participant

Sue
      the number is H217202.
      Adele

• Gail Norusis
      Participant

Hello Everyone,
      Time for a new discussion page. See you all there.

Viewing 149 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Share on Facebook
Facebook
Pin on Pinterest
Pinterest
Tweet about this on Twitter
Twitter
Email this to someone
email

Share this with a Smile
X Close
Watch QVC
top finds links QVC LIVE QVC PLUS QVC UK