Quacker Talk-February 20202020-02-01T19:57:58-05:00

Home Forums General Quacker Chatter Quacker Talk-February 2020

Viewing 132 reply threads
  • Author
      Participant

I wonder if the groundhog will see his shadow and who will win the Super Bowl. It’s funny that they are on the same day.

Attachments:
    • Gail Norusis
      Participant

Hi Everyone,
      I hope Adele and Colleen got to see the new babies this weekend. Adele, I hope that the people at your house aren’t starving to death yet. lol
      DD, I know that you like basketball so please talk about it as much as you want. We like all sports talk around here.
      Anyone have anything plans for Super Bowl Sunday. Some years I make appetizers so we can nibble during the game but i think this year i am making a crock pot soup. Haven’t decided for sure yet. Jenny’s having appetizers and said we can come by if we want but I know Greg would rather stay home and watch the game where we can actually hear it as the grands aren’t really conducive to actually watching the game. lol
      I wanted to go out tonight but then got lazy and decided I wanted to stay home. The cold weather makes me want to hibernate much as I like to go out to places. I’m getting lazy in my old age.
      I hope February will bring Barbara back to us with good news about her health.
      I am enjoying that the days are starting to last a little longer. It’s actually supposed to be in the 40’s tomorrow.
      Gail

• Colleen
      Participant

Hi Gail,
      I got to see the baby today. He is just so cute. He had his eyes open for awhile and they are such a pretty blue. I know they will probably turn after he gets older. His mom and dad both have green eyes.
      We do not have any plans for the football game. we will probably snack but do not know on what. We got food from the bbq place that we like and we have leftovers from that so we will eat that. We probably will not watch the game. We should since the Chiefs are playing. Ron has not watched football all year. It is hard to watch anything on tv with the kids around.
      I wish we would hear from Barbara. It has been awhile and I am getting a little worried. She has really been having a lot of health problems lately. I hope Jerry is doing okay also.
      We are supposed to get up in the 50’s tomorrow and the 60’s Monday. I am thinking that is too warm and we could have bad storms if the weather is just right.
      What day is the ground hog supposed to look for his shadow? I can never remember the date. I thought that it was the 4th of Feb. but probably wrong I usually am.
      Well that is all from here. Have a great night.
      Colleen

• Dianne Danielson
      Participant

HI Colleen,
      I’m glad you get to see the baby. I bet he is a cutie. Ground Hog’s day is tomorrow, Sunday. By the time you read this it’ll be over & we’ll all know if we have an early (?) spring or 6 weeks of winter. If you look at the calendar, we have weeks of winter left if I’m not mistaken.
      I’ll be rooting for KC if they’re the underdogs. I’m not a fan of SF anything.
      I’m glad you thought my idea was funny. Adele said she laughed her butt off.

Critt’s in rehab now. At least that’s what I was told. I haven’t heard from him yet..
      well, it’s late so I’ll close for now.
      dd

Attachments:
    • Gail Norusis
      Participant

Colleen,
      The first episode of The Masked Singer is on tonight after the super bowl. After today it will be on Wednesday from now on starting this Wednesday.
      Watch for the Weather tech commercial during the Super Bowl. That’s where we took our dogs when they had a cancer.
      Glad that you got to see the baby. Did he wear the outfit that Ron got him yet? I think I’m going with the soup even though it’s going to be warmer today.
      I know what you mean. When it gets too warm in the winter in our area we will get bad weather when the weather changes back to cold-sometimes even tornadoes.
      Yes, since the Chiefs are from Missouri they should be the team to root for. I guess Ron has been off football since the Rams left. Someone on another thread asked if Kansas City was in Kansas or Missouri-lol Which if you’ve never been in the area i can understand the confusion-actually there is KC MO and KC KS but the team is from the Missouri part as that’s where the stadium is. lol
      Actually Feb 4th is national Quacker Day-look for shows on Q1 and Q2 that day. I think a live audience show too.
      Gail

• Gail Norusis
      Participant

Hi DD,
      Love those pink butterflies. I wish I could see real ones like that.
      Yes, groundhogs day is just a fun old myth as spring will come when it is darn good and ready.
      Gail

• Anonymous
      Inactive

The groundhog said an early spring. He must not have looked outside as it is snowing here. We will have 6 more weeks (at least) of winter no matter what he says. It is to warm up next week into 50’s. I will believe it when I see it. We have trouble getting higher than 30’s. I think if we ever saw the sun that would change. But this has been the most dark dreary winter. I am surprised that our weather is worse than Adele’s as I thought New England always had bad winters. I think she was saved this years as we did not have a nor easter come up the coast. Our weather came from the west. East of us has been nicer.

• adele shanbar
      Participant

Hey everyone!!
      The game is on and this is my last post to do for today.
      Today is the first day I have cooked since the incident….LOL
      I actually did an American Chop Suey. I had to throw out the hamburg I took out to make it last week, as I was on strike. That did kill me as I hate to waste food. To be honest, I have not felt so great in the mornings. I get very dizzy and have a sick type feeling. I believe it is because I take my pills way before we eat, so I can move. Since the colitis thing, I cannot seem to tolerate pills on an empty belly. Some days are better than others. All things considered, it could be a lot worst, considering what other people are dealing with.
      DD- love your pictures. You always find such pretty scenes to cheer us up. I am glad Crit moved to a rehab, as that says he is a little better. Prayers continuing.
      Sue- you are so right. We have nto had a bog storm in a while. By the time we do have one, I will forget to check for a leak in the ceiling….LOL Has your place been warmer? I am hoping it has! t has been colder the last few days, but not as cold as it usually is. They said we had the warmest January on record.
      Colleen- we had a nice visit with Itty Bitty sonny yesterday. He now weighs 8lbs 3oz. He is gaining more on the formula. Marissa feels she was nto producing enough milk, as she was pumping while he was jaundiced. His levels went down as soon as she stopped. He was able to get the colostrum, and that was good. So, he is staying on the bottles. Did I forget to tell you all he was jaundiced?
      How was your visit with your Itty Bitty? I hope your baby is not dealing with jaundice, so he can still breast feed.
      Gailster-I don’t blame you for staying inside. Too cold out there in your neck of the woods. I bet you are now watching the game. Good luck for your team!!
      Have a good night everyone. I am also hoping Barbara will be back soon, and feeling better.
      Adele

• Colleen
      Participant

Hi Gail,
      I recorded The Masked Singer on the DVR. Will set it up so it will tape it on Wednesday’s. Then I will not miss it. We watch a lot of the old westerns. They are fun to watch they make some mistakes that we catch every once in awhile. They never redo the scene they just leave the mistakes in there.
      I did not watch the super bowl game. Ron watched some of it just to see the Chiefs win. He was happy about that. He does not like the 49ers. He is really getting into hockey sine the Blues are winning more games now. They use to lose just about every game they played but they have a really good coach now. It will be interesting to see if they win the cup again this year.
      I saw that they were having a live Quacker show on the 4th. I hope that they have a lot of new things since it is an anniversary show. It will be nice to see what they have unless it is all things that they have been seeing.
      It is interesting that the Chiefs are from Missouri and not Kansas. You would think that they were from Kansas since they do not have a team and we did have the Rams. They are a much better bunch of guys.
      The baby did not have the outfit on Ron picked out for him. She had him in a one piece it is easier to put on him. He is just so cute. I am going to try to get my grand over here Tuesday and help me post a picture on here. It will be a new experience for me to learn how to do that. I hope that I catch on.
      Well that is about all from here. Have a great night.
      Colleen

• Colleen
      Participant

Hi DD,
      It is such good news that Critt is in rehab and not in the hospital still. I hope that he will not be there long and will come home. His cat will be so glad to see him but still be close to you. It is nice that you were taking care of him.
      I have not heard if the ground hog saw his shadow or not. We do need just a little bit of snow here. That way the water will go into the ground and slowly. Rain falls so quickly and does not have time to sink in. We need the moisture in the ground for the veggie garden.
      Babies are just so cute. At this age they love for you to hold them and cuddle them. It is such a good time. I will go back one day this week and get to hold him more and feed him. She is giving him a bottle but uses breast milk. She got a pump.
      Colleen

• Colleen
      Participant

Hi Adele,
      That was really nice that you cooked a meal for everyone. I hope they ate with no complaints. Just fix what you want to have and let them eat or fix their own. They could start doing all the cooking and leave you alone.
      Sonny is really doing well. Grayson has not been to the doctor yet so we do not know how much he has gained. He is just so cute. I bet we have the cutest babies. They are cuter then others. Were the boys disappointed that Sonny does not do anything? Poor Aliza is disappointed that Grayson does not do anything. It doesn’t matter what we tell her she wants him to do more. She is a ham she poses for pictures with him and without him.
      Grayson did not have jaundice. He is drinking from a bottle but she is pumping breast milk.She is planning to go bavk to work so she wants him to be use to drinking out of a bottle I am not sure when she will switch him to formula.
      I am so glad that the Chiefs won. The 49ers did not deserve it. We are not happy with California since the Rams moved there. They should have not have let them. I am still bitter about them doing that. They finally settled the case that people had against the rams. They had to pay back the people for the season tickets and for plans that they had the state pay for. All of that was done because they wanted to stay here but they needed a new stadium. So the state paid for the plans to be drawn up and they left anyway. I think the owner knew that he was going to leave anyway.
      Colleen

• Gail Norusis
      Participant

Hi Colleen,
      The game was a good one. Glad that KC won. How did Ron like the half time show? A lot of booty shaking going on.
      Hockey is a good game and fast paced. We like to go see the Rockford Ice Hogs. They are the farm team for The Blackhawks so some of the guys you see might end up eventually on the Hawks. It’s so much more convenient than seeing the Hawks though. Parking is right there connected to the stadium and the tickets are so much cheaper and all the seats are good. It’s a good night out.
      I’m thinking that the Quacker show will start to show spring things. it seems once we hit February they start showing sandals and swimsuits and capris.
      I bought some of the Quacker joggers and I like them. Very soft material and comfy.
      I guess the Chiefs are from MO because the stadium is on the MO side. It is kind of weird when you think about it that Kansas City is in Mo-but it’s in Kansas too. lol
      I hope you can get one of your grands to post a picture of Grayson.
      Gail

• Gail Norusis
      Participant

Hi Sue,
      We finally saw the sun for the first time in almost two weeks yesterday. it was nice.
      Gail

• Gail Norusis
      Participant

Hi Adele,
      Well the steak house soup was a thumbs up so I will add that to the repertoire. Hope every one ate your chop suey without complaint.
      I know I am not supposed to take my pills on an empty stomach although sometimes I do. I wonder if you couldn’t put a couple of crackers by your bed each night and maybe eat those with the pills so they are not landing in a totally empty stomach. Things may be more sensitive after the colitis.
      I don’t remember you telling us that Sonny had jaundice. If you did I missed it. Every time I write Sonny I think of the character Sonny Corinthos from General Hospital. or wasn’t there a Sonny Corleone in the Godfather?
      I didn’t know babies with jaundice can’t drink breast milk? Why is that? I thought breast milk was always good.
      I just know the modern day pumps are a far cry from what we had back in the day.
      Did you see the “smart park” commercial during the Super Bowl? it was for some kind of car i don’t remember which one but all these people were talking in Boston accents and they mentioned Saugus and I think Big Papi was in the end of it. If you didn’t see it google it you will love it.
      Also I think one of the guys on the Masked Singer this year is Gronk. Jamie Fox was one of the guest judges and that’s what he guessed and i think he is right. One of the clues in his package was four score and seven years ago which is 87 -which was Gronk’s number. I think he will be on again Wednesday-the costume that he has is the white tiger.
      Gail

• Anonymous
      Inactive

Hey Gail thanks for sending the sun. It is shining today & I almost did not recognize it as it has been so long. Guess they will be right about the temp as it is nearing 50. We are to be 55 today. I knew if the sun would come out it would warm up. Now maybe the rest of the snow & ice will melt.
      Loved that the Chiefs won. Andy Reid finally got a win as he never did with the Eagles.
      I thought the halftime show was inappropriate. Very little clothes & all that gyrating. Men probably loved it.

• Gail Norusis
      Participant

Sue,
      You’re welcome very much. lol We have sun today too so maybe you will get two days.
      All I kept thinking was what good shape those women were in for 43 and 50 years old. I imagine the men were thinking something else entirely. lol
      Gail

• Colleen
      Participant

Hi Gail,
      I finally watched the Masked Singer. It is really good. I never would have guessed the Robot was Lil Wayne. The panel was really surprised also. Is Robin Thicke related to Allen Thicke? I thought he kind of looked like him but could be wrong. It will be fun to see who goes home next week.
      I think the smart car was a Hyundai. I did see that commercial it was funny. I did not know who that guy was that stuck his head out the window and said something. Ron did not watch the half time. He came in the living room and was watching a movie with me. That is one good thing about having two tvs
      He can watch what he wants and I can watch what I want. I do not enjoy watching sports that much anymore.
      We have another place where you would think it would be not be in another state. East St. Louis is in Illinois. I think that it is a little strange but that is how they divided the states. I thought that they have the football team on the Kansas side since the Missouri side had a team but they didn’t. It turned out to be a good thing we would not have a football team at all if it wasn’t for that.
      I ordered a second pair of the quacker joggers they are so comfy. angel was right about them you do not want to take them off. I also got the butter fly top they had. Aliza liked the butterfly that is on the little chain. She is a funny kid. I hope they have a lot of cute things. I need some new Quacker for the spring.
      You need to post the recipe for that steak house soup. It sounds really good. Wednesday I am going to fix potato soup for dinner. We have not had it for awhile so Ron may not complain too much.
      Tomorrow Kylie and I are supposed to go out for lunch. She called and asked me if I would go with her. I was laughing because she does not drive so she will have to go with me. She laughed also. I will bring her over here and see if she cab do it then.
      Colleen

• Gail Norusis
      Participant

Hi Colleen,
      Yes Robin Thicke is Alan’s son. I think they look a lot alike. I think Robin is the best guesser on the panel. Aren’t those costumes amazing looking. I keep thinking they must be very heavy. Usually I know most of the people that they unmask except if they are like a social media influencer or something like that.
      I think the man in the window on that Hyundai commercial was Big Papi formally of the Boston Red Sox.
      We have a TV in the family room and the living room also. Most of the time in the evenings we watch the same things but it’s nice to have the two TV’s in case we want to watch different things. We also have a TV in the bedroom.
      I also always thought that it was weird that East Saint Louis was in Illinois. It’s like they couldn’t think of a different name or something. lol
      I really like the Quacker joggers. They are very soft and feel like you are walking around in your pj’s.
      I will try to post the recipe for the soup soon. I hope Ron will not complain about the potato soup. lol
      Was it Aliza who was disappointed that the baby didn’t do more. I think that is so cute. after all this build up she was probably expecting a playmate and all she got was this tiny little guy who sleeps a lot. Maybe when he gets a little bigger and smiles and coos she will find him more interesting. lol I think as mothers we love the tiny babies because that’s when they need us so much and we realize that the time they are this way is short so we treasure it but for Aliza all that sleeping and snuggling is probably boring. She wants someone to play with. lol
      Now I guess you will have to encourage Kylie to get her license like Adele did with Steph. I see how you can get around in a city without a license but in the country there is no public transportation so you really need a car and it’s so much more freeing if you can drive yourself and not have to depend on other people. Instead of being too young to drive now we have to worry about getting too old to drive. lol
      Speaking of that do you have to drive far where you live to get groceries? Our closest grocery store is a Walmart in town about 15 minutes away. it’s not my favorite place for groceries but it’s the closest. Ours doesn’t have the grocery pickup. The next town over does though and Jenny has to drive through that town on her way home from work so on Fridays she places her online order and picks up on her way home from work. I’ll tell you something like that is a godsend for a young single mom.
      Gail

• adele shanbar
      Participant

Hi Colleen
      Well, we had a good day over here. We had baby almost all daylong, with Marissa. Pina stopped by a bit too. Tiliie spent a lot of time upstairs, until after dinner. (we had the leftover Sunday dinner) But, she scared me. she almost lost her balance when she got up to go downstairs. Gary keeps telling me it is a matter of time before she will not be able to come up anymore. I just do not want that to happen.
      So, baby was so cute. he is getting very long, but stays very thin in the body. It is very funny. The newborn clothes fit his body, but they are getting too short. The next size falls off his waste.
      I will post a couple of pics. Don’t mind my face. It seems I am having some kind of allergic reaction to something. LOL Even so, I like the pic of me and baby.
      I hope you get to see the baby again this week. They are so much fun to snuggle.
      I am making soup tomorrow, as the weather is getting lousy- storm on the way…..
      I hope all is well at your house, and that baby keeps getting bigger!
      Adele

Attachments:
    • adele shanbar
      Participant

Hey Gailster
      I forgot to tell Colleen they did eat the dinner with no complaints….accept Bobby. he did not think it was enough for supper, so he went out and got 2 orders of chicken parm to go with it. God help me, if they all live through this year! I may end up in jail sooner or later…..LOL Check the pool for the bodies…..LOL
      Well, I loved the commercial. It was hysterical. They did mention Saugus, as everything in the US goes through rte 1. Rte 1 cuts through the middle of Town, and it makes people think we are a big city. we are not- we are a small town, accept for the commotion on Rte 1. That is why our taxes are the best in Ma- all the business on Rte 1.
      You have to click on the pics, as the entire pic didn’t load in the tiny spot….LOL
      We are getting that 2 to 3 day storm starting tomorrow late at night.
      I think I forgot to tell you all about the jaundice. Breast milk carries the bilirubin, whihc makes the jaundice worst. they say to either supplement with water in between or stop. Marissa also felt he was nto getting enough when she started to pump, as she only got out 5 ounces a day with the pump, so she stopped completely. She was goign to start again after he was all done with the jaundice. That is why she was pumping, to keep the milk flowing. Oh well, as least he got the colostrum he needed in the beginning.
      Hope all is well there tonight and everyone is good.,
      Adele

• adele shanbar
      Participant

Hey Sue!
      I was a little surprised at the show too. I think all the videos today, and shows are over the edge with sexuality. The message to the kids is a bit too much.
      I did like Jaylo had her daughter do a song. I also liked her coat that had both flags on it. It showed the similarities between the flags, which I also thought was nice, especially in this political climate. It was a message, without being too over the top for entertainment.
      I am just wondering what costumes will look like when my great grandsons are adults….will there be any material at all???? We could all use some 1950’s sense of morals. The other night, while watching SNL they had on a vaginal itching commercial. At first I thought it was part of the show, and then realized it was not! this is what I said to Gary….”This country has gone to hell in a hand basket since they put tampon and Viagra commercials on TV”. LOL
      Hope all is good at your place. We are in for a 2 to 3 day storm. They are still not sure what we will get- a mix I suppose.
      I will be making soup- how about you??
      Adele

• Colleen
      Participant

Hi Gail,
      I thought he looked like Allen. You are better then I am at guessing.I did not know who any of them were. Maybe I will get better after I watch for awhile. I really like the costumes that they were wearing. I noticed that they have two men walk in with the singers so wonder if the reason is the costumes are too heavy. I also wonder if they can see out of the masks very well. It is funny to watch some of them dance in costume. That looks really hard also.
      Did you see the new top that they have to go with the comfy pants. It is a big sweatshirt. Antonella was wearing one and did not look right. I do not know if it is the way she was wearing it or what it was. They only had the two colors. The top was so long in the back and short in the front. I do not know if that was the way she was wearing it or if that is just how it fits.
      It was Aliza that was so disappointed in Grayson. He is no fun at all. You are right she thinks she he is boring and can’t do anything. I guess she is right the way she thinks. I do not think that she has ever been around a new born before. It was a surprise. Brook is in the hospital with an infection. They are keeping her over night until they get the fever down and get rid of the infection. It is a uterus infection. I do not understand how she got it.
      We have to drive about 15 to 20 minutes to get to the grocery store. We have different ones around so we do not have to go to WalMart all the time. We have a Schnucks and they have really good produce. I try to get mine there and they have really good meat. Wally world does not have good meat or fruit. You have to really check it out before you buy it.
      We took Kylie to get her permit and let her drive our car but she still has not gone to get her license. She is not a bad driver but does not think that she wants to drive. She is a pain.
      The grocery is really nice for working moms. It sure saves a lot of time.
      Well that is all from here. Have a good night.

• Colleen
      Participant

Hi Adele,
      They are learning to appreciate your cooking. They should not say anything they should just eat and be glad that they have you there to cook for them. I think moms want us to cook the way they cook and if we don’t they do not like it as much. Mom would complain about my cooking sometimes but I would just laugh and remind her of the tongue she cooked.
      That is so nice that you had the baby all day and Tillie stayed upstairs all the time. Mom was losing her balance more as she got older. Just watch and make sure she does not fall. It would be a good idea if one of the kids would go down stairs with her to keep her safe. At least she has the stair climber and she does not have to walk on all those steps. It is so lucky that Bobby is down there with her.
      Brook is in the hospital so Kylie did not come over today and we did not go out to eat. We are going to go out on Thursday and maybe go shopping. We need to spend the day together. We haven’t for awhile. So hopefully we will post a picture on here Thursday. I liked the picture of you and itty bitty. He is so precious. It was a good picture of Tillie and of Heather. How nice you got to keep him for the day.
      Our weather is not that good here either. We got the rain all day today and tomorrow we are supposed to get the snow and freezing rain. I hope that they are wrong and we just get the snow. We do not need the freezing rain.
      Well that is about all from here. Have a great Night.
      Colleen
      p.s. Give Tillie a hug from me.

• Dianne Danielson
      Participant

Hi Ladies,
      Nothing on tv tonight so I thought I’d drop a few lines. It sounds like the boys are growing like weeds. they do that ya know. Sounds like you’re having a great time with them. Enjoy!!!!
      I watched part of the QF show today. I can’t afford to get anything since the prices are so high. Was there anything new? Most of the time all I see are things they’ve had before. I can always tell by the litlle size icons below, if they’re red or grey, I know they’re loooooong gone. I’m getting bored with QVC. Maybe it’s just me.

I’m sorry to hear you guys are getting hit with more storms. We have some coming in so you’ll be seeing them next week. We’ve had a few dry days, but that’s about to come to an end. Sunday & Mondy were nice, had some sun on Sunday(pun intended).

I’m sorry to hear Brook is in the hospital. That must be scary. How old is Aliza? What exactly does she expect Grayson to do?

I took snowball to the vet yesterday. I didn’t have much info on her so I wanted the vet to check her out. I found out her 5th birthday was Jan. 22nd. I knew she was a young cat, by the way she acted. A lot like a kitten. They fawned all over her. I think they fell in love with her. I’d sent one of my pics of her to them so they’d have it. she’s quite the character. The only negative thing is when I bring out the carrier, she’ll know what it means.
      Well, I guess that’s all for tonight.
      dd

Attachments:
    • Gail Norusis
      Participant

Hi DD,
      There was very little new on the Quacker shows. They don’t seem to be putting out new at the same rate that they used to. Patrick looked nice in his tux.
      I would imagine that if everyone at the vets office fusses over Snowball she will like going there.
      Brent sent me a picture of snow in NM yesterday. It drives him nuts when it snows as no one there knows how to drive in it. It doesn’t normally stay on the ground long though.
      What pretty pictures of the old style valentines.
      Gail

• Gail Norusis
      Participant

Hi Colleen,
      I hope that Brook is better soon. You do wonder how she got a uterine infection. Maybe she picked it up in the hospital? It must be hard for her to be away from the baby.
      It’s hard for me to understand a young person not wanting to drive. When I was a teenager all the kids couldn’t wait to drive and it was the same with our kids. Plus i was happy when our kids drove because that means i wasn’t making seversl trips a day back and forth into town picking them up and dropping them off at friends and activities.
      I think the sweatshirt that Antonella had on was supposed to be very oversized. I think that was the look that they were going for-but what do I know.
      I agree-Walmart doesn’t have the best meat or produce. But for us they are the only game in town.
      I understand that the identity of the contestants on the Masked Singer is a very carefully guarded secret-even Nick doesn’t know who they are and the contestants don’t know who each other are either. it must be really hard to keep it all so secret.
      Gail

• Gail Norusis
      Participant

Hi Adele,
      I did not know that bilirubin was in breast milk. You learn something new every day.
      I love the pictures. Sonny and grandma, Sonny and great grandma, and Sonny and great great grandma-how special is that. I especially like the one of him and Tillie because his eyes are open and they are looking at each other. You should print and frame that one. Plus they match she has on a striped shirt and he has on striped pants. I hope Marissa recognizes that there is a lot of baby raising knowledge in that room.
      I hope Heather is doing better.
      What kind of soup are you making?
      Gail

• adele shanbar
      Participant

Gail Colleen DD Barbara and Sue
      I also think for their ages the show was amazing. But costumes with less showing would be nice too- THAT is not going to happen….LOL
      Do post the new soup you made, Gailster.
      I got those joggers too in 2 colors, and I have to say they are more comfy than Anybody. I didn’t get anything else.
      Hope everyone is good- we are waiting for the big storm to see what we do end up getting .
      Marissa came by today again as she will not bring baby out in a storm. I fed him a bottle today!
      Hope everyone is good!
      Adele

• adele shanbar
      Participant

Hi Colleen
      I will give Tillie a hug for you!! Actually, from all my Quacker friends. I had the Quacker show on for her while she was up here…LOL
      I hope you do get to arrange a day out with your daughter very soon. Those days are nice.
      Marissa came by today as she is afraid the storm coming will not be good, and she wont go out with baby in a storm. She went to get her nails done, so me and Heather got to babysit him alone. That was the first time she did that. She called while she was gone ( only an hour) as if we would break him….LOL then she snatched him out of my arms when she came back, snuggling him and saying how much she missed him. Al least I got to feed him today- that was fun. I love to burp the tiny ones!
      I hope all the bad weather stops for you, so yo can get out to see the baby again. Why is Brook still in the hospital? I hope she is ok!
      I did love that Boston commercial. My favorite one was the Doritos commercial. What was yours?
      Hope all is good at your place tonight- no more storms, as they eventually come this way too….LOL
      Adele

• adele shanbar
      Participant

Hey DD!
      Your kitty is born on the same day as me! that is too funny. I am glad she checked out ok, with no health issues. That is always good news.
      We are getting slammed again tomorrow- Colleen and Gail’s storms are on the way. i just hope it is snow and not ice. Amanda is working late tomorrow night, and I hate it when the weather is bad as I worry about her getting home so late. She is on the closing team for the restaurant tomorrow night.
      I did get the new pants Quacker made. They are very comfy. I hope they make them in more colors and offer them at the TSV price.
      All the Chicago shows are on tonight. Everyone here loves them. Even Tillie. Do you watch those?
      Hope all is good on your side of the country!
      Adele
      PS…how is Critt?

• adele shanbar
      Participant

Colleen
      I am so sorry rook has a UTI. That is awful for her. I will say an extra prayer for her.
      I think I forgot to tell you Marissa was in the ER last week. She had excessive bleeding. They said her uterus was not shrinking as fast as it should. they gave her a pill to take for a couple of days to help, and it did help.

Gailster
      I agree on the produce en Walmart too.
      I do love those pics too. I have to get bus and do some magnets again as i have some good shots!
      The breast milk has the bilirubin in the beginning, so if the baby doe snot get jaundiced,you are golden. The hospital told Marissa that is genetic. Marissa and Amanda were jaundiced, as well as their cousins. I thought it was due to the med they give them to induce, as it seems every baby whose mother was induced, gets jaundice- from my experience only….LOL
      Don’t you love that Tillie was also in stripes? How cute was that!
      Glad your soup came out good- dying to see the recipe. I WAS doing chicken soup. then, Marissa came y, and it was more important to play with baby. Besides tonight is 6.50 night for all pasta at the local take out place….LOL Only me and Gary are getting some. Heather does not feel good. Sh ended up in the bathroom “losing her lunch” so to say. Not good. I am hoping it is becasue of menopause……
      Have a good night!
      Adele

• Colleen
      Participant

Hi DD,
      That is nice that you have more information on your fur baby. She is not very old and is so cute. That is good when they are so good at the vet that the people at the vets office fall in love with them. That was really nice the you sent them a picture of her. They will really enjoy having it.
      Brook will be in the hospital as long as she has a fever. They are going to do a DNC on here if the fever does not go down. So we are just praying that she will be fine.
      We were supposed to get rain and snow here today. Well all we got was the freezing rain. So the trees are all covered with ice again. I hope that it gets warm enough to melt all that stuff. I would just like to have some snow. With nothing else.
      The shows are getting boring. They did seem to have a little more fun on the live audience show for Quacker. Most of the shows are all business. When I order off the q I get on the internet and look for a certain thing and buy it that way. It is sad that it changing so much. use to be they had fun on the shows. I really miss the shows that they use to do when they had the people from Ireland there. They usually had an Irish band and they had a lot more vendors. They have ruined that now and it is not as much fun to watch.
      Well that is all from here. Have a good night.
      Colleen

• Colleen
      Participant

Hi Gail,
      Brook is still in the hospital. I am not sure what they are going to do next. She still has a fever and they will make up their minds if they will do the surgery. If the fever does not go down they will have to do the dnc. I am just waiting to find out when.
      I sometimes wonder if Kylie is afraid to take the test. She does not like to fail. This is one thing that she would not have control of. It would depend on the person in the car with her and how they decide to grade her.I just keep trying to talk to her and get her to take the test. We will see if she does it or not.
      You are probably right about the top Antonella was wearing. I saw that it sold out so I was wrong again. I am never right about what will be popular in clothing. I guess that I just have no style.
      I sure was surprised to find out who was behind the mask tonight. I am not going to say who it was because I do not know if you watched it yet. That show really keeps you watching. It is interesting to listen to them sing and try to figure it all out. You do not want to miss anything because you may not be able to figure it out. How many different rounds do they have? I thought that this would be the end of it tonight when they picked a winner. I think that some one said that there was a b group and a c group. How many groups are there and how does the show end?
      Well that is all from here have a great night.
      Colleen

• Colleen
      Participant

Hi Adele,
      I wish that I would have hugged my mom more then I did when she was alive. I know that last week she was alive and I was there wish I would have liked to do a lot of different things.
      That was nice that you got to spend time with the baby and Marissa. You were smart to get pictures of all of you with the baby. You should do a generation picture. Have Tillie, You, Heather, Marissa and Sonny. That would be a great picture to have for all of you. You can have it blown up and hang it on a wall. It would be a treasure.
      I did not see any of the commercials while the game was on. They showed a couple of them on the morning news show. The one about the car was on there.
      Our weather has been really bad. We have had freezing rain and it is all over the trees again. They have ice cycles hanging from them. The side walk is slick and you cannot walk on them. It is supposed to be above freezing tomorrow so we might see it melt. In t.Louis they got the snow. We wanted to get the snow but as usual we got the freezing rain.
      I am sorry that Marissa was having a problem. I hope she is doing better. Brook is still in the hospital. I am not sure when they will do the DNC. I just wish they could clear that up and she would not have to have the surgery.
      Colleen

• Gail Norusis
      Participant

Hi Adele,
      I remember Brent was jaundiced as a baby-he was a csection-that much I know. I remember that because he could leave the hospital before his mother could and they needed someone that could legally carry him out of the hospital as the mother couldn’t because she was still a patient and i guess the grandparents wouldn’t and our lawyer couldn’t and it was a fourth of July weekend so the judge actually went to the hospital and carried him out and gave him to the lawyers to bring to us. I always was grateful to that judge and always voted for her. The nurse who was caring for him also wrote us a letter to tell us a little about him and about the jaundice and all. It was very heart warming.
      I never heard of throwing up from menopause. Is this something I missed? I thought the hot flashes and mood swings were bad enough. lol
      I will post that recipe-I am just too lazy to get up and go get it right now. it’s on my to do list. lol
      Hope you are not getting a bad storm. Let us know how it goes.
      Gail
      P. S. I hope heather is feeling better.

• Gail Norusis
      Participant

Hi Colleen,
      I hope that Brook is feeling better. I never heard of doing a D&C for an infection. I’ve heard of it for bleeding and i had one years ago when they were doing all the tests when I couldn’t get pregnant. Anyway, hopefully she is better and can come home.
      I remember my sister flunked the driver’s test several times and then she was away at college where she really didn’t need to drive but when I turned sixteen she decided she wanted to take the test again because she didn’t want her baby sister to have her license before she did. (funny the things that would embarrass us back then) so we went on the same day but she went out before i did and got her’s
      “technically” before i did. lol
      I was surprised who was behind the mask last night too. i didn’t even know he could sing-he wasn’t bad. I sure couldn’t guess.
      this year there is a total of 18 contestants so there will be three groups and then probably a final and a semi final. The two other times they were on they did it a bit differently but I guess they are still figuring out what is the best format since it is a new show. I think it’s fun trying to guess who the people are-it’s harder than you would think. And then of course there are some people who can’t sing and others who can sing a little bit and other’s who are good-and also people who can sing but we never knew it. I wonder who the kangaroo is.
      Gail

• adele shanbar
      Participant

Hey Colleen
      What Brook is going through is a lot worst than Marissa. Marissa is fine now, since they gave her the med to hasten the process of her uterus shrinking. I am way more concerned about your Brook. I pray she will be ok, and the fever goes away. I wonder if they are thinking there is some tissue left inside her that is causing all this- hence the DNC.
      Funny you say that, as we talked about getting a pic of all the generations that day….LOL We think alike.
      Do not eat yourself up over not hugging your Mom more. You lived far away from her, so how could you? You were there as much as you could be, and were a good daughter to her. She loved you, and knew that.
      It is slippery up here, but changing to rain later today. Tomorrow will be rain too. The end of the storm may be some snow- late tomorrow. So, we lucked out. Around here, there is a coating of ice and snow all over the lawn. It has already melted on the streets and walkways. So, my area lucked out again.
      I hope the ice ends in your are too.
      Hope you have a good day!! Also praying for Brook.
      Adele

• adele shanbar
      Participant

Hey Gailster!
      Well, the throwing was not menopause. She did a lot ore throwing, all day long. I thought it was due to the ad cramps she was having. Now, we know the cramps were nto period related….LOL It was pretty gross aorund here yesterday. We didn’t let her anywhere near baby. The throwing started after baby got here.
      Did you have to put Brent under the lights, or did he improve on his own?
      That is a very touching story of how Brent came to you. The judge was definitely committed to his job, and how nice to see, for all of you! Those kind of stories warm your heart, and make you realize there are people who are committed to doing good.
      We got only a little snow and ice, and now it is rain. We lucked out again. Very weird, as we usually get blasted with snow. i hope the ice has stopped in your area.
      How is Greg doing? Still liking his new stove? How is Brent? Jenny and the kids? I know they are doing well in school, and that is beyond wonderful. School should be a good experience, and if kids do well, it is a blessing, for everyone.
      Hope all is going well over there!
      Adele
      PS…never got to made the soup yesterday, as I had to take care of baby since Heather got sick. Marissa went to get her nails done, so I got to feed the baby…..LOL

• Anonymous
      Inactive

Well it was a different day here today. At about 9AM there was an ambulance in front of my neighbors house & the ALS unit in front of mine. The EMT were going back & forth getting equipment & such. Finally over an hour later they brought the lady out to transport to the Hospital. She was very white & not moving. I don’t know what happened but it must have been bad to take so long to get her stable to transport. I do not know the people that live there as they have only been there a short time. I did meet one of the men & he seemed nice. So I spent all morning watching out the window. I usually mind my own business but this was unusual.

We only had the one day of sun then back to dreary. We were to get a mix of weather this morning but did not get it. It started raining & is to continue overnight so I hope it doesn’t freeze. We are to get snow tomorrow.

• Colleen
      Participant

Hi Gail,
      They will do a d+c if you have an infection and is after the birth of a child. They do it to clean her out. She did not have to have anything done. They got it all with antibiotics. She came home today and was feeling better.
      It does not seem to bother Kylie that Brook has a car but no license. She needs to go and get it and quit waiting. They both do. Kylie just was really excited that Brook has her own car I guess she figures that Brook can drive her around. That is so funny about your sister. Somebody needs to get these fired up about getting their license.
      The Kangaroo will really be a surprise when they are unmasked. It does sound like an older singer and very soulful. I am not sure who it is though. They are really trying to guess but cannot. Are all the masked singers that hard to figure out? It is fun to watch. Ron did come in and watched when they unmasked Drew Carey and was surprised also. They were thinking that the one singer is Dolly Parton but Ron said that she is to dignified to do that. I had to laughed at him and told him everyone likes to have fun.
      Colleen

• Colleen
      Participant

Hi Adele,
      Brook is home again so hopefully she will be fine. The antibiotics have worked. I guess that they will watch her and make sure that she is okay. I do not trust the people at that hospital. We will see. I am glad that Marissa is doing ok. It is scary when one of the grands have a problem.
      We had snow on the ground this morning but not very much. We still have some ice it did not get very warm today. If we are not going to have very much snow I am ready for spring. I never did hear if we are supposed to have an early spring or not. We will just have to wait and see. I am ready for some flowers. Maybe some roses for valentines day.
      It seems like I think about a lot of stuff that I did not do while she was still here. I guess we all feel guilty or wish we would hav done more while she was here.
      That was a really neat story about how Gail got Brent. There are a lot of good people in this world. It was nice that the judge went out of her way to give them the baby.
      Well that is about all from here. Have a great night. Thanks for the prayers.
      Colleen

• adele shanbar
      Participant

Hey Sue
      I hope they were ale to save your neighbor. Never good to see someone in distress, and it leaves you with such an awful feeling. i sincerely hope all will be good for the poor woman.
      I hope the storms have passed you by. it seems south of us got a lot worst weather than we did. I saw in Barbara’s area that she got tornado warnings. These storms are getting worst and worst. God only knows what the hot summer weather will bring for all of us.
      We were busy up here again today. Marissa, and baby were here, as well as Steph and Amanda. Steph left first, as she had to go get the boys. They all had some of my left over soup….LOL I had Heather cook 2 bags of noodles, as I knew they wanted some today for lunch. Heather cooked the noodles for me, while I de-boned the chicken last night. When she goes home, I am going to miss her, more than you know.
      Heather goes back to the neurologist next week, so she will get some answers on the weird feelings she is feeling in that leg. Please say a prayer for good news. Speaking of that- how is the knee you had replaced? I sometimes get a little pain in mine, but it goes away quick.
      Hope you have a good night and get some good news on your neighbor.
      Adele

• adele shanbar
      Participant

Hey Colleen!
      It was a nice story about Gail and Greg with Brent and the judge. I like nice stories. Makes you feel there is hope in this world.
      That is good news about Brook. I hope she gets better, and does not have to go back in. It is awful when something is wrong with one of our grands. Very hard to watch, as we feel powerless.
      I know how you feel about your Mom. In all likelihood, I will feel the same way when something happens to Tillie. It is what I call the “woulda, shoulda, coulda’s”. They get us all when someone is taken from us. What we need to remember is, even if we go back in time, we would have done the same thing at the time, as we made the best decisions we could with the information we had. It is very easy to look backward, knowing what we know now, and feel we could have done better. We are good people, and good daughters. All decisions and things we did, came from our hearts. No better decision could be made, when it comes from a sincere, loving heart.
      Please do not beat yourself up, as you do not deserve it, and your Mom does not want you to do that. She wants you to remember all the good times you had.
      I hope your weather gets better so you can safely go see Brook and the baby.
      Hey- look at us- Steph finally got her license. There is hope- do not give up!!
      Have a great night….we are getting very high winds tonight. It will be noisy up here….LOL
      Adele

• Colleen
      Participant

Hi Adele,
      One our news channel they use to report heart warming stories like that. They do not anymore and we need stories like that. I may call in and ask them to start doing that again.
      It was like that when my dad died. He was in a nursing home for awhile and we all hated that we had to put him in there. We just could not take care of him and mom couldn’t. We were all working back then and they did not want to move in with any of us. I wish mom was here for so many different things. The new baby for one. I guess that we need to stop thinking about things and just think about the things that we did. Mom and I use to take a trip every fall. I would like to start that with my girls if I can. I guess that it is hard not to think about the things we wish we would have done.
      You are right your grand finally got her license so maybe mine will Kylie has never taken the driving part but Brook did and failed. So we will have a hard time getting her to try again.
      Nothing much is going on here. Have a great night.
      Colleen

• adele shanbar
      Participant

Hey Colleen!
      We had Aizen for the last 2 days. JJ went with his friend for the night, so he did not come. It was nice for Aizen to e the only one for a change. He is still here. His Dad will pick him up shortly.
      My little buddy is gone. Jhonny just left with him. It is cold up here, and will stay cold all week. Still, not bad for this time of year. We have had way lower temps in prior February’s. So, I will count my blessings.
      How is Brook doing? Has she been feeling better since she has been home? It is hard enough to be a young Mom, without health issues in the first month. Prayers sent her way, and for the rest of you too, as it is so hard to watch one of our kids or grands be in pain. How is the baby doing?
      How has your weather been? It sounds like you and Gail are getting slammed with constant storms. I hope all is ok.
      I was disappointed with ITKWD today. Nothing real interesting, and I love that show! LOL
      Are you going to watch the Oscars tonight? I will go back and forth, if they are not good. I love to see the dresses!
      Hope you have a good night.
      Adele

• Colleen
      Participant

Hi Adele,
      Sounds like you had a good time for the last two days. It is nice to spend time with one grand at a time. Friday Danyielle and I are supposed to go to the dancing with the stars show. Ron is supposed to watch Aliza and Owen while we are gone. We will go out to eat before we go and watch the show. I am really getting excited to go. I just cannot imagine what I am going to wear. I probably wear a pair of dream jeans and a sparkle top. Just do not know which one.
      The weather here is cold also. It has been raining here for a couple of days. It is supposed to stop tomorrow and maybe we will get some sunshine. That will be so nice to see the sun.
      Brook is doing really good. I do not hear from her that often she is staying at his Grandma’s house. These people are not the nicest people in the world so we do not go over there. I do not know if we are welcome there.
      I forgot all about the Oscars tonight. We went out for awhile and then started watching a movie. I do not know half of these new actors and actresses. We never really watch the Oscars that often. I missed ITKWD today. I will look on the internet and see what he had. There is a couple food items that I have been getting that are pretty good. I get the NYC style bagels and they are good.
      Well that is about all from here. Please have a great night.
      Colleen

• Dianne Danielson
      Participant

Hi Ladies,
      I hope everyone is doing well. Has anyone heard from Barbara? I haven’t seen anything lately. I hope she’s okay. I’m worried when we don’t hear from her. I suppose I don’t have any room to talk when I don’t get on here for long periods of time. But that’s usually because I don’t have much to talk about.
      Colleen, I did the same thing after my mom passed away. Hind sight is always 20/20, we always see what we missed after they’re gone. I guess it’s just part of missing them. I agree, don’t beat yourself up about it. There’s nothing you can do about it. Go ahead & talk to her, there’s no harm in that.. I still talk to my mom just not as often as before. I still talk to Jewell. there are times I feel her close to me.
      Have a great time at the DWTS show. I haven’t watched it for a long time. Mainly because I don’t know most of the “stars” they pick. I didn’t watch the Oscars for the same reason. I don’t go to the movies any more & I wouldn’t know any of the stars if I walked past em on the street.
      I have a funny story to relay to all of you. Last week Snowball scared herself half to death when she knocked of a vase of my artificial flowers to the floor. The crash it made scared her so much I couldn’t find her. I finally found her under the bed when I moved it, there she was. I held her & brought her out her to calm her down. It took awhile for her to calm down but she hasn’t got up there again. LOL
      I don’t know if you’ve seen or heard about the flooding in Eastern Oregon, but it’s been really bad over there. Those storms we were supposed to get went North so Washington state, & Eastern Ore got them. It had snowed quite a bit the end of Jan. first week of Feb., then came the rain melting all that snow, it caused the rivers over there to flood big time. Now these rivers aren’t the Missouri, or Columbia, so it doesn’t take much runoff to raise them to flooding levels. Thankfully the rains have cleared out now & the sun has returned, helping the rivers to recede & they can get to the awful job of cleaningup up the mess!!! There was one death, an older woman who went missing, but they found her body in the last couple days. Sad!!! They weren’t prepared for flooding of this magnitude. It doesn’t flood like that over there. when we think of flooding it’s generally down here in the valley where there are much larger rivers, & lower levels, farm lands. It’s way to early for that much snow runoff.
      I’ve been noticing David hasn’t had a lot on his shows lately. In fact most of the shows are clearance. But even then I can’t afford it. It’s been pretty boring, so you didn’t really miss a whole lot.
      I do agree about the NYC bagels. I got them a couple of times now. They’re HUGE!!!! I also like the mini bagels with the filling inside. They always make so many, like 4 dozen or more so it takes me forever to get through them.
      Critt comes home this Friday. He’ll be on a verrrrrrry strict diet. Absolutely no salt in it I’m sure. He says he lost 60 lbs, all water. I know, WOW!!
      Well, I guess I better close for now.
      take care.
      dd

Attachments:
    • adele shanbar
      Participant

Hi Colleen
      Well I had a miserable night and day today. It was either a colitis attack, or a belly flu. I did have a slight temp this am, but that went away. Heather was also sick. She has a cold with a cough, and also was in the bathroom all night. We didn’t have supper last night- we just had cereal, so that could not be it. I felt better as the day went on, so that is good. Heather did nto have the flu shot, that we know of. She is nto sure if they gave it to her, or not, at the hospital. Either way, she will get the dam shot next year, or I will make mincemeat out of her! We don’t need to all get sick, because one person does not get the shot.
      I watched the beginning of the awards. It was not a dynamic show, and I lost interest. We watched a couple of recorded shows.
      I am glad Brook is feeling better. I am sorry you don’t like the Dad’s family. I hope she will ring the baby to visit you once in a while. New mothers have to get used to being a Mom, and that is not easy. I am sure in a couple of weeks she will be more confident; and come by to see you. It took Marissa a couple of weeks until she would come over more. Now, Sony has a belly ache. he is constipated. The doctor said to give him some prune juice. So far, it has not worked. Poor little thing.
      AGT on tonight. Getting close to the last one, I think.
      Have a good night.
      Adele

• adele shanbar
      Participant

OMG Colleen…..
      I forgot to say to have a fabulous time at DWTS. Wear something we will be able to recognize if we see you in the audience….LOL

DD
      I did hear about the awful flooding in Oregon. It looks frightening on the news. I cannot imagine! I always say water is way worst than snow.
      That is a funny story about your kitty. She must have really scared herself that time. She is a very curious cat, and I bet that will not be the last time she scares herself. She sure is funny!
      I feel the same way. I love the shows where they have new gadgets that make life easier- I love my bottle openers. My hands will not even open a new prescription bottle. Gary is getting like me- his right hand has been getting weaker and weaker. I swear those gadgets are made for us older people with arthritis! I hope you have one too.
      I heard from Barbara a few weeks ago, and I hope I mentioned it on here. I sent her an email a few days ago, and have nto received an answer. She said she still had more tests to go through,and was not feeling good about them. They did change a med, and it made her a little better. She said she has no energy at all, and can barely move right now. I am very worried about her. I feel awful as all we can do is say a prayer. I hope we will hear from her again.
      I have never tried the NYC bagels. Maybe I should order them, as so many people say they like them.
      Hope you have a good night! We love hearing from you, no matter how long, or what you say.
      Adele

• Colleen
      Participant

Hi Adele,
      The dwts is not a regular show. It is just the one that goes around from state to state performing. I am not sure who will be there. My daughter arranged it all so know very little about it. I am not sure what to wear. I will probably wear dream jeans because it is going to be really cold. I am not sure what top though.
      I hope that you are feeling better now. That flu is going around all over. It is bad this year but I suppose it is bad every year. Ron never gets a flu shot and he really makes me mad. I have to have one because I am diabetic. You have to have one also because of your health. Heather should have had one because she is around the new baby. They may have given her a shot since she was in there and they are usually really careful about the flu.
      The boys family are wanting to take over with the baby. They want Brook to stay with them so they can make decissions about him and change things. She did not give the baby the dad’s last name. I am sure they are working on her to change it. They are not married so I do not blame her for doing it that way. He has a little girl by another girl and he did not marry that girl either.
      It seems like prune juice is really strong to give a baby. They use to give them mineral oil and I thought that was a little strong also. I am not a doctor so should just not say anything. They do things different with every generation of kids.
      Well nothing much going on here. I bought Grayson a little stuffed dog for Valentines day. It will be fun to give it to him. It is really soft.
      Have a great night.
      Colleen

• Colleen
      Participant

Hi DD,
      That is terrible about the flooding. It is so early in the year for that to start. I hope that does not mean that we are going to have a bad year with flooding. It has been raining here a lot so we are starting about flooding not right but later in the spring. We will have a lot more then.
      I do talk to mom sometimes. It does help but sometimes it makes me miss her more. I would really like to go to her house. I thought about driving by there but it would be hard to see another family living there. I guess I am acting like a big baby.
      That is funny about Snowball. She is just so cute. It was nice to snuggle her and comfort her until she was not scared anymore. Animals are a joy to have around the place.
      It is getting to be the same with all the shows on QVC. There is nothing new and exciting. It is either that or we have all been watching for too long. Even the shows with clothing are about the same. I am ready to see the new spring line but guess it will be awhile before they show much of it. I noticed that the few new things that they had on Quacker were for a limited time.
      I guess that I have complained for enough now. I will talk to you later. Thanks for posting all the cute pictures.
      Colleen

• Gail Norusis
      Participant

Hi DD,
      Poor Snowball really frightened herself. She’s a feisty little bundle of joy! It’s been so long since we had cats I forgot how they can get just about anywhere. I still like that she enjoys sleeping in the sink. lol
      I had not heard about the floods in Oregon. I’m glad that you are safely away from them.
      I have never tried the NYC bagels. I tried the bagel bites but they were a kind of pain as they had to be baked to be fixed with the best results.
      I used to get a lot more Q foods but have sort of stopped recently. I do occasionally get the Jimmy the Baker cinnamon rolls but have not even gotten them recently.
      I’ll bet Critt’s kitty will be happy to see him. Wow! sixty pounds is a lot of water weight.
      We always like to hear from you and you have a lot to say and good advice to offer.
      I heard about the same from Barbara as Adele did. I am worried that she is so tired all the time. I think we all have been praying for her.
      Gail

• Gail Norusis
      Participant

Hi Colleen,
      I’m glad that Brook is feeling better. That’s kind of sad that she is living with the dad’s parents and you don’t feel comfortable dropping in over there. It’s also sad that they want to take over with the decisions about him. I hope she sticks to her guns and doesn’t let them influence her too much. Did they try and do that with the son’s little daughter too? How does Mandy feel about this? Does she feel hesitant to just drop in too? I hope not as she is the grandma too. I know-too many questions. lol
      I hope that you have a great time at the DWTS show. What a great idea Danyielle had to give you that as a gift. those experience gifts are the best kind. I can’t wait to hear all about the show.
      You know The masked Singer is hard to guess. Sometimes as the season goes on I read spoilers and some people have things figured out but I hardly ever figure them out myself-I get a few but not many and then sometimes i don’t really even know the person like the first season the winner was TPain and I didn’t know him. It’s just a fun show-not too serious and fun to try and guess from the singing and the clues. sometimes Ken is funny and sometimes he’s annoying. lol
      Gail

• Gail Norusis
      Participant

Hi Adele,
      I hope you are feeling better today and no one else in the house got sick.
      Poor little Sonny. Brent used to get constipated too when he was little. How his little tummy used to hurt and how he used to cry. I feel bad for him. does she have to water the prune juice down? When Brent got older and could eat the pediatrician told me I could give him black licorice for the constipation.
      I’ll bet you had fun with Aizen this weekend and he had both you and Heather all to himself.
      I can’t get the flu shot but i always try to make sure that Greg gets it so he doesn’t bring home germs to me. His nose has been all congested and he started getting a rash and couldn’t figure out why and he finally figured out that he is probably allergic to the wood that he is making his latest guitar out of. I guess a lot of people have reactions from working with Brazilian rosewood-so now when he works he gloves up and wears a mask and it’s slowly getting better. he’s also been using a neti pot and says it helps.
      I watched a little of the Oscars as i like to see the dresses and the jewels. I often wonder if most of those people would rather be chilling at home in their sweats rather than all spanxed up in those fancy outfits.
      I have a lot of the opener gadgets too. My favorite is the jar popper that breaks the seals on things like jars of pickles and such. It’s a godsend. I can still open the pill bottles. My Mom always complained about the child proof caps and said the kids could open them it was the older people that had the problems with them. I remember how I used to roll my eyes when Mom would complain about opening plastic on things and now I am the same way. I guess it’s karma. lol
      Gail

• Colleen
      Participant

Hi Gail,
      Mandy does not feel comfortable going over there. This is just a mess. They did do it with the daughter also. They have it to where they have the little girl whenever they want her. hey have her all week-end every week-end and I cannot imagine any mom wanting their boyfriends family to have their daughter. This whole thing is crazy. We need for Brook to talk to us and let us know what she wants to do and how much control she wants to have over her son. She is going to have to grow up and take charge of her child.
      I am getting excited about going. I just do not know what to wear. I thought about wearing a dress or skirt but it is going to be really cold on Friday so pants will do just fine.
      I do not know who thought up the masked singer but they had a good idea. I try not to look at anything they have to say about the show. I want to be surprised when they take the mask off. sometimes they have a hard time taking the mask off. It is just a fun show.
      There is not a lot going on here. The weather has been cold so do not want to go out. We will go out on Friday that show will be worth it. That is all from here. Have a great night.
      Colleen

• adele shanbar
      Participant

Hey Colleen
      We are all better over here- thank God! It was a one day thing.
      Baby finally went in the middle of the night. I am shocked at the different ideas of today. Did you know they told Marissa not to bathe the baby every day, only once a week? they feel the skin is too fragile for the bathing. So, she cleans him with those cloths that are disposable, and loads him up with lotion. Very weird. they also did not tell her to boil the water for the formula. She was using Poland springs water bottles. We told her we all boiled the water for the bacteria in it, and she decided to switch to distilled water.
      So we will not be able to see the show you attend. That is too bad, as I was going to try to see you in the crowd….LOL
      I hope Brook stands her ground with the in-laws, and does what she feels is right with her baby. Itis hard when the in-laws are not liked….and for good reason!
      Hope all is good at your place- so far, all is good here today.
      Adele

• adele shanbar
      Participant

Hey Gailster
      Please read the post to Colleen for all the info of the day….LOL
      We are all good here again. Heather just got back from the neurologist. he is very pleased with her progress. He told her no more brace. He also said there is a chance she may never get some of the feeling back. She was happy when she got back, as good news is good news.
      Heather is afraid of going back to her apartment. She says she has gotten used to having people aorund, and is afraid to be all alone again. She is also scared it will happen again on her couch- like PTSD , I think. We told her to do it gradually, and nto stress herself out. I don’t want her depression to get worst- that is my biggest fear. She has really liked being around all of us. Even Bobby ocmes up to see her her, and they laugh all the time together now- that is real nice to hear.
      I’m attaching the pic of the ornaments I just finished.
      We did have fun with his cute little self. plus, there was no sibling battles….LOL
      Holy crap, Gailster- my table is made our of Rosewood. Is Greg ok now? Can he make the guitar out of another kind of wood? Speaking of wood- how is the wood stove thing going????
      we are getting another storm tonight- supposed to be ice tomorrow am.
      Are you going to see The Piper tomorrow night? Dying to hear more piper stories.
      Have a good night!
      Adele

Attachments:
    • Dianne Danielson
      Participant

Hi Ladies,
      Well, Critt comes home tomorrow. They’re letting him out a day early. His kitty will be soo glad to see him. It’s been over a month I believe. He says he won’t be on a strict diet, but I don’t know how he can avoid it.
      I got another story about Snowball. I was sleeping this morning when I felt whiskers on my face. she was letting me know it was time to get up. she was also letting me know verbally. So I get up still sleepy of course. After I fed her I went back to bed for awhile. And guess what, she did it again. Got in my face, tickling me with her whiskers, & one of her paws on my face this time. I probably should rename her Whiskers.
      I heard on the news about the cold temps coming to the East coast. we’re due for some rain, but not big storms. We had record setting rain in Jan. but it’s drier this month so far.
      I hope everyone is okay. Sending prayers for Barbara. Take care
      HAPPY VALENTINES DAY!!!

dd

Attachments:
    • Colleen
      Participant

Hi Adele,
      Brook has been breast feeding so have not heard if they put her on formula yet. I do not hear from her at all. She is still staying with his family so she will not call me. I am not sure what is going on. She is not talking to any of us right now. She does not talk to her mom that much either. I guess I am going to have to really have a talk with her. The girls are wanting to go to lunch with me so will have to arrange that. It will just be and the two grands.
      We gave the baby a sponge bath but have not put him in the tub. Well at least as far as I know. Like I said he is at that guys families house. She still will not marry him so I am concerned about what is going on.
      We boiled when our other grand were babies so we will have to see. They do change things from year to year. So you never know what they will tell these young girls. I just thing that things are so much different then when our kids were born.
      Owen broke his arm in two places. He was playing flag football in gymn class and broke it. The one break is a clean break but the second one is not. They are watching it to make sure that it heals right. The poor kid is doing really good with it so we are just praying that it heals correctly. This boy is a mess.
      Well that is all from here. Glad that all of you are feeling well and Heather got good news from the neurologist. Have a great night.
      Colleen

• Colleen
      Participant

Hi DD,
      That is really good news that Critt is coming home. I can imagine that his cat will be so happy to see him. He will also be sad that he will not see you every day. He is use to you being around.
      It will be a surprise if they do not put Critt on a strict diet. They will not want him getting sick like that again. I would think that they will limit his salt intake for one thing. He will not be able to eat fatty foods either. At least that is what I think.
      That is funny that snowball woke you up that way. He does not want you sleeping while he is up. It is funny that he did that twice. He might start doing that every morning so you will be up with her. She is such a cute cat.
      Colleen

• Gail Norusis
      Participant

Hi Colleen,
      We got snow here last night and it’s still snowing this morning and blowing so even if the roads are plowed they fill back in with the wind. It’s supposed to drop to minus nine here tonight too. Brrrrr!
      Poor Owen-I hope his arm will heal quickly. I bet that really hurt him. I can’t even imagine. Did he break the arm that he uses for writing?
      Boy it sounds like the parents really want to take over the raising of their grandkids. I can’t believe they can have the granddaughter every weekend. Wonder what the son thinks of what they are doing. I hope he is paying child support for these children. I hope you and Brook and Kylie get to go out for that lunch soon. That will be a fun day to go out with them-maybe lunch and a little shopping.
      I would wear the dream jeans and a top to the show too. No one gets dressed up anymore to go to plays or concerts-it’s all blue jeans. Even when you go to the theater in a big city like Chicago-everything is so casual now. Restaurants are the same way. Even the really nice restaurants are casual dress. We are just kind of a blue jeans society. It seems like the only thing people dress up for anymore is a wedding-unless you are a movie star and go to fancy parties. lol
      Gail

• Gail Norusis
      Participant

Hi DD,
      I’ll bet Critt will be happy to be home. You would think that he would have to be on a heart healthy diet. At least restricted salt since he had all that water build up.
      That was such a cute story about Snowball. I remember those little tickly whiskers when the cats wanted us to get up. Or the dogs pawing at us. I really miss those days. When Greg retires maybe we will get another dog. I do miss the animals a lot.
      No Valentine’s Day plans. Going over to Jenny’s to see the kids. It’s supposed to be a really cold day tomorrow.
      Gail

• Gail Norusis
      Participant

Hi Adele,
      Just pressed the wrong button and the whole post disappeared. Damn!
      I was surprised that they said to bathe the baby just once a week. I think we bathed them like every other day. But everything has changed so much. They don’t feed baby food that much anymore either. They eat regular food cut in teeny tiny pieces. I remember when our kids were little with being 10 months apart they sat in side by side high chairs and Jenny didn’t want anything to do with the baby food.She wanted what Brent was having. So that’s basically what i did was give her little bits of whatever Brent had.
      That’s good news about Heather. She can just ease into going back little by little. When she does go back you can make sure you call and text a lot. Did you say Steph lives in the same apartment complex? Maybe she can check on her sometimes too. I know you enjoy having her there so she can just take her time and do what’s comfortable.
      The ornaments are cute. The shells remind me of summer.
      I’ll bet we will be using the wood stove tonight as it’s supposed to be minus 9. he hasn’t used it too much recently because it hasn’t been too cold. I enjoy it on the really chilly nights myself. it’s not as wide as the fireplace was so he has had to cut a lot of the firewood down to a smaller size.
      Is your table Brazilian rosewood? I guess it’s the Brazilian that causes the allergic reactions. it’s mostly when you are sanding it when the particles get in the air. I think he is done with that part and there’s no way he was going to start over so if he has to sand more he will wear gloves and a mask.
      Yesterday morning he had a bloody nose between the congestion and the blood thinners and I felt so bad for him. he was late leaving for work as he couldn’t get it to stop. I think he learned he shouldn’t blow his nose right when he gets up even if it’s stuffy so it was okay this morning.
      Did I tell you it snowed Sunday so around dusk he went out and plowed our driveway and thought he would go down and plow for jenny’s friend and he ended up plowing the wrong driveway in the dark. lol he said he was so embarrassed that he didn’t know if he should tell me. lol
      Will see the kids tomorrow as I am baby sitting since they have had Thursday, Friday and Monday off. So hopefully I will have some Piper stories. Last week she was doing that thing with her tongue that Shakira did during her half time show. lol she thought it was funny.
      Jenny and I have been struggling to find someone to make Piper’s dress for the princess contest. I wish they would change the darn rules and not have to make them out of crepe paper anymore. We will be paying more to have someone sew a crepe paper dress than if we were buying her a ball gown. it has just gotten out of hand as each year they become more and more elaborate. i wish you could just buy the kid a dress up dress and be done with it. No one wants to take on the project. And it has to be this year or not at all as next year she will be too old.
      On the positive side Brent found a house that he wanted and his offer was accepted so he will be putting together the paper work to get all that done. needless to say he is very excited and i am happy for him. He deserves good things in his life as he works so hard and so many hours each week.
      Gail

• Dianne Danielson
      Participant

Hi Ladies,
      HAPPY VALENTINE’S DAY!!! I hope you get something special for the day. Well, Critt’s home now. He rolled in about 2:30 this afternoon. He’s looking good. I just hope he doesn’t fall off the wagon & end up back to where he was. He is on a salt free diet & will have to watch the contents of his food. All can goods will have to go. He says he has several weeks of classes about nutrition, & nurses coming to see him 2 or 3 times a week, so they’ll be keeping an eye on him.
      And yes his kitty was glad to see him, as he was glad to see her. So my days of feeding her twice a day are over. I spoiled her by feeding her more than I should have. I didn’t get there at 5 or 6 in the am so she would go a few more hrs than if daddy was home.
      Not much else going on otherwise.
      Have a great weekend. Be careful, I hear it’s gonna be nasty out there.
      dd
      PS: the pic of Snowball is the vase of flowers she knocked off the shelf & scared herself. Silly cat. the noise it made was what scared her so bad.

Attachments:
    • Colleen
      Participant

Hi Gail,
      Brook is finally moving back home. My daughter said that she wants me to watch the baby for her Saturday. I guess that I will. I am waiting for Brook to call and ask me. We will see.
      We got a lot of rain and ice but no snow. I really wanted to get some snow. Oh well maybe next year. All we have gotten this year is sleet or freezing rain. OH well just as long as the roads are clear tomorrow night and we can get around. I am not going to miss that show for anything. It will be a fun evening.
      He broke his left arm and he is right handed. It did not interfere with his game playing either. He loves to play computer games and would be really upset if he could not play his games.
      I have a pair of Djs with roses on the leg and the top with roses going down the sleeve. I thought the long sleeve will be warm and I will not freeze in the theater.
      Colleen

• adele shanbar
      Participant

Hi DD
      That is great news that Crit is home. I bet his cat was thrilled.
      your kitty is developing a real bond with you. I guess this is how you will be woken up every day. that is so sweet! She is an adorable and funny kitty.
      I hope you had a good Valentine’s Day. We had the baby here with Marissa, Steph and Pina. They were tkaing pics for his “one month birthday”. Too funny. The pics are on Facebook that Marissa posted. Go take a peek!
      It is freezing up here. I even shut the shades in the living room to keep it warmer. there are 10 windows in there….LOL
      Have a good night!
      Adele
      PS…did you see Blue Bloods??

• Anonymous
      Inactive

Adele, It is really cold here too but not quite as windy as yesterday. I did not go out yesterday. But I went grocery shopping today & got my car filled with gas. I really hate pumping gas & you have to pay first not knowing how much it will be then you need to go back for your change.
      I saw the baby pictures on Facebook. Did he get that top hat from Abe Lincoln?
      I am making roast chicken tomorrow. I have been wanting to have that & the store had their roasting chickens buy one get one free. So making one tomorrow & froze the other for later. My freezer was getting low so now it is stocked again. I like to keep it full so if the weather is bad I don’t need to go out. I also got some chocolate half price after Valentines day. Don’t need that but was hungry for chocolate. I just love finding bargains as everything is so expensive and ever shrinking.
      I can’t imagine 10 windows. I have 3 in my whole place.

• adele shanbar
      Participant

Hey Colleen!
      OMG. That is awful about Owen. I hope the bones hurt correctly. It would be awful if they have to re-break the arm for it to heal.
      That happened to Bobby when he was 4. He used to love to slide down the banister form the 2ond to 1st floor of our apartment- it was a duplex, with the bedrooms upstairs. I was putting Heather to sleep, and I heard this moaning, and I knew he did it again. there he was at the bottom of the stairs, with his arm going the wrong way. I grabbed a pillow to put it under his arm, and called my Dad to take us to the ER.(I didn’t have a car back then)
      He broke his forearm, through both bones, and because he was so active, the bones moved inside the cast and healed wrong. They did surgery to re-break the arm and they kept him in the hospital to make sure they started to heal right. Well, the little devil was so active, the nurses had him go aorund with them and pretend to help with patients. the bones started to heal the wrong way again, and the doctor had to move them back. That time they put this weird cast on him, that made the arm go a funny way, so the bones would not move again, The ortho doctor also ordered the nurses to keep the little cutie in his bed. It was a very stressful time for me, as I was just divorced.
      Good Lord- your poor Owen’s trauma brought up those awful memories for me….LOL I will add extra prayers for him, in the hopes he will not have to go through what Bobby did. Plus, they do things so different now, I bet that does not happen today.
      I would be worried about Brook and the baby too. No contact makes you concerned, no matter who the people are. It is hard when all you can do is pray. Have you tried to text her? These kids today respond way more to a text, than to a call. Maybe you can try that, and see if she answers. I am so sorry you all have to go through this, as I know how much you were looking forward to his arrival. Prayers are being sent, with good wishes for Angels to look over them.
      Hope you have a good night- it is cold up here.
      Adele

• adele shanbar
      Participant

Hi DD!
      Hope you had a nice Valentine’s Day. Did snowball give you a Valentines card?
      I love the pic of Snowball in the bowl, and near the vase she knocked over. She is so pretty.
      I got a card from Gary, and he got Kane’s Donuts for all of us Friday morning. I think mentioned Marissa and the baby, along with Steph and Pina came over in the morning to do the “photo shoot” of Sonny being a month old, and his first Valentine’s day.
      Get this…..the last time we bought the “world famous donuts” they were 17.00 a dozen. Gary paid 33.00 for a dozen on Friday. Me and Tillie are shocked, as we remember when we first moved here 31 yeas ago, they were 7.00 a dozen. Can you imagine? That is why we get them only for a very special occasion. Next time we will see one of those, will be on Mothers day….LOL So, they cost 2.75 for one. Dam.
      So glad Crit is doing well at home. Will they give him a home health aid for a while to help? I hope so, as he has been through a lot. It will be hard for him to cook, as everything has salt in it. Prayers sent for Crit too!
      It was freezing here the last 2 days. Tomorrow will be in the 40’s.
      Have a good night!
      Adele

• adele shanbar
      Participant

Hey Gailster!
      That is fabulous news about Brent. I wish him all the happiness and good fortune in his new house. Is he excited? Will he consult his Mom for decorating tips? I find the boys do minimal decorating. Their places look like somebody just moved in, and nothing was un-packed yet…LOL I hope he will send some pics, so you can share them with us!
      Please read the other posts for all the news of the day, and some from days long gone…..LOL
      I am dying to hear some Piper stories. I bet you are both excited to be there on Valentines Day. Miss Piper must have the entire evening planned out.
      DD had good news, that Crit was home, and her kitty is being more affectionate with her. Her kitty is settling in nicely.
      Poor Colleen’s grandson. I am praying Owen heals well, and fast, and can get to doing what he loves to do.
      We have not heard from Sue much. I can only imagine how her apartment was last night. I hope she was able to keep warm and not freeze all night long. That is so unfair. Her landlord should have to stay at her place on a freezing night, and not in his comfy home.
      I bet you had the new wood stove thing going last night. Up here, the heat came on way more than it usually does. Even the oil man made a delivery today, as I guess they must have been concerned customers could run out of oil. We are on automatic delivery, so I never even check the oil gauge. Do you have oil or gas?
      So, Tillie stayed up here all day, until after dinner. She was here while the baby was here, and then wanted to buy everyone Chinese food. The kids left before the kids got out of school, as everybody was picked up yesterday due to the cold- nobody walked home, for sure! Our kids have February vacation next week. I hope we get one day of snow, for them to play outside.
      Hope all is good at your place……
      Adele

• adele shanbar
      Participant

Gail…forgot to say…that is awful about the dresses. I cannot imagine making a dress out of paper. That requires a whole new set of skills. I hope you will find someone to do it, and that Piper has the prettiest dress ever.
      Adele

• adele shanbar
      Participant

OMG- how funny is this- here you are, Sue!! LOL

Well, the living room was a deck, originally. The first owner closed it in to make a room, and did windows all around the three outside walls, and a door to the new deck. We bought the house like that. There is nothing under the room either. So, it get chilly in the winter, and the hottest room in summer. The sun is on that room so much, that I keep the shades shut on 2 sides, to prevent the entire room from fading. The sun beats ion there like no tomorrow. On the positive side, when all the shades are open, it is very sunny and bright. That is rare to have them all open, but it is pretty…..if you like to buy furniture every other year….LOL My last couch was a beautiful yellow, and when we got rid of it it was almost white- and the shades are shut most of the time! The couch wa son the side where I keep 3 of the 4 window shades up- I have to put them down when the sun moves to that side of the room every day. I open them back up at night.
      That is a great meal for a cold day. I roast my chicken with salt and pepper and finely chopped garlic, and put a pat of butter in each corner of the pan for basting. It tastes real good with the garlic and butter, and smells fabulous. I also put potatoes and some cut up carrots aorund the chicken, so all cooks in one pan and gets the flavor from the bird. How do you do your roast chicken?
      You will not believe this- that hat is a dog’s hat. They got it at Pet Smart- it was Steph’s idea, as his head is so small. How funny is that? The black pants and bow tie were way too big on his little self. It was really funny. In between pictures, they had him covered with his blanket, and his pacifier in his mouth. I boosted the heat up in the room, to make sure he was not chilly. They set up everything way before getting him dressed, so he was not in the outfit for long at all. I have to say they really did a good job making sure he was comfy and happy and they did it fast.
      I am glad you got your supplies, as February is such a weird month. You never know when you will get a big storm. Pumping gas is the worst. Glad you got the car filled too! Since it was nto windy, you did not have to deal with the awful wind chill- that makes it intolerable out there. So glad you were not as cold as I thought you were going to be. I worry about you!!
      Have a good night, and I bet I will smell your chicken up here. Take a pic for us!! I will post the pic of my beet salad….LOL…in the BooFetti glass dish….LOL
      Adele

Attachments:
    • Colleen
      Participant

Hi Everyone,
      Dancing with the stars was fantastic. We had such a good time watching them dance. They danced for the one hour and 45 minutes without stopping. They are so good. That woman that competed was there. She was on the office and show was the MC. She was so funny. THe dancers were Val, Whitney, Sasha, Pasha, Ellen, Lindsay, Gleb, Emma,Jenna, Brandon and a few more. They talked to the audience a couple of times and they said that they were thankful for all of their fans. Val said that the fans took a group of unknown kids gave them a chance and made them stars. They just all acted like they were really grateful to everyone. If you get a chance to go to see it you should go.
      Gail I am so glad that Brent found a house. It will be nice to have a place of his own. Is he still going with that same girl? I wish him all the happiness in the world.
      Adele they are watching out for his arm to break again. So far it is doing pretty good. If it moves out of place they will do surgery and put a rod in it. So then it will heal and it will be straight. We are praying that it does not have to be done.
      Well that is about all from here. I hope everyone has a great day.
      Colleen

• Anonymous
      Inactive

Gail, I don’t know if you will see this in time but wanted to let you know that The American Dog Rescue show is on Hallmark tonight at 8PM. I like it because it is normal rescue dogs & not show dogs. Both are good but I love the rescue dogs. I know we were discussing it one time so just thought I would let you know if you want to watch.

• Gail Norusis
      Participant

Sue, thanks for the heads up. I will set the DVR.

• Anonymous
      Inactive

Gail let me know what you think once you see it. It is different than other shows you see. I like it because it gives you a chance to see other pets that don’t have a pedigree. I think the categories are cute. I just love dogs so I love it. The show dogs I wonder if they have a normal life as a pet.

• Anonymous
      Inactive

Gail set your DVR for tomorrow night too because it is on 2 nights.

• Gail Norusis
      Participant

Sue,
      You gave me the heads up on this show last year so I kind of get what it’s about. I enjoy seeing all the “regular” dogs-especially the ones laying on the sofas. lol That’s what our house used to be like. lol Let’s face it most of the dogs in the world are not show dogs they are just plain old lovable mutts. When a dog steals our hearts it doesn’t matter whether they are pure bred or mixed. From what i can gather when the show dogs are not on the road they are pretty much like any other dog and have a pretty normal life. A lot of them also do therapy or other dog type sporting events.
      I’m so glad that Hallmark has decided to do a show honoring our pet dogs. It brings a smile to my face.
      I have not had a chance to watch any of this year’s edition yet-will probably get to it later in the week.
      Gail

• Anonymous
      Inactive

Gail I really enjoy this show each year. I love that they have a category for special needs dogs. Seems most people don’t want them but they are just as loving as the others. The one this year with just 3 legs was running around and I did not notice at first what his problem was as it clearly was not a problem for him. I also love that the prize money goes to the shelters where it is surely needed.

• Gail Norusis
      Participant

Hi Colleen,
      I’m so excited that you enjoyed the show. I will have to check again as to when they are appearing in this area.
      I have that same Quacker outfit with the roses on the pants and shirt.
      I’m glad that Brook has decided to come home. Who knows maybe she was not that comfortable at the grandparents house either. it seems like most young people like having their own mom around after they have a new baby.
      Hopefully you will get that lunch in with the two girls and you can all catch up.
      I will pray that Owen’s arm heals correctly. Those boys do love their video games. I know Lachlan is always playing something. I wonder why those games are so much more interesting to boys. I know the girls will play sometimes too but for much shorter periods of time. I’m sure an expert has an answer to that question. lol
      Gail

• Gail Norusis
      Participant

Hi Adele,
      What’s in your beet salad? Greg likes beets. There’s a restaurant around here that has a beet salad on their relish tray that Greg really likes. They won’t give the recipe so I am going to have to try and recreate it by taste.
      We have propane gas heat as there are no gas lines out here. Our old house was oil heat and we really didn’t like that. We found it to be kind of a dirty heat but that may have been because of an old furnace too. We prebuy our gas at the beginning of the season to get the best price. So we are on a fill schedule too-except for the one year when they missed us and we ran out of gas the day after Christmas. They figure out how much you need based on previous years usage and you buy x amount of gas before the season starts for a set price. it’s much more economical to do it that way. Jenny’s friend who moved out here was given a wearable blanket by her husband for Valentine’s Day as he likes to keep the thermostat down to save on heat. In town where they moved from they had natural gas which is much cheaper. lol Maybe they should get a wood burning stove too. A lot of people around here have them.
      Piper made us a Valentine with a butterfly and a heart and also decorated with electrical tape-Greg liked that part. lol
      Thank goodness he’s recovering from the allergy to the wood. I felt so bad for him when he kept getting those nosebleed on top of everything else. I guess this will be the only guitar made from Brazilian rosewood. lol This is the third guitar that he has made though. It’s kind of perfect as it takes him about four months which is just enough to keep him busy during the winter.
      Brent is really excited about his new house. We are excited for him too. It’s a big step and kind of really makes you feel like you are a true grown up. And so much better investment wise than paying rent every month-if you can swing it. Actually he likes to fix up things around the house. I know he has things for the walls-they may mostly be sports related but it’s still decor. I know he cooks. Sometimes he will cook batches of things so he can have them all ready when he is tired after working. He also has started building pieces of furniture-so I know he is excited that this house has an actual dedicated workshop. I told him to send me pictures when he gets moved in and set up.
      Gail

• adele shanbar
      Participant

Colleen, and everyone
      that is great news that Brook is moving home. All our prayers were answered.
      I have been getting our taxes ready, hence I haven’t been on here.
      I will get to all the rest of the posts soon, as my eyes are tired. Just wanted to check in real quick.
      Posting a pic and the recipe I used for the mac and cheese i made last night- Marissa, and Enzo came over for some- was a success.
      if you make the recipe, do not use the pre shredded cheese. My magazine said they coat those with something that doe snot make the mac and cheese taste as good. I used my attachment for my Kitchen Aid to shred the cheese- it came out fabulous.
      I used the cheddar and muenster cheeses.
      One more news thing. My heart has been gong very fast, in spite of the med I am on. Spoke with doctor today, and he doubled the dosage- now I take one whole pill, 2 times a day. After I took it today, the heart rate finally went down. It was up to between 104 and 110. Now it is in the high 70’s. I have an appointment to see him later this week to see how things are going.
      Have a good night!
      Adele

Attachments:
    • adele shanbar
      Participant

Colleen
      I will say extra prayers for your grandson. I would hate for all of you to go through what we did with Bobby. I hope all will be ok, and the arm heal right the first time.
      So glad you all had a great time at DWTS. It must have been something to see in person. I bet you had a smile on your face, from one end to the other, and it stayed there for days! Go Colleen!
      Adele

• adele shanbar
      Participant

Hey Sue!
      Thanks for letting us know about the cute show. Unfortunately, I just read it, so I missed it. Did you like it?
      Adele

• Colleen
      Participant

Hi Gail,
      If they come to Rockford you should go and see them. It was worth the money to watch them. Whenever they would do a lift I would think of Carry Ann taking points away from them for it. If I would have been closer to the stage I would have told them. lol It was nice to go with Danyielle and just enjoy ourselves.
      Lachlan and Owen would have fun together playing games. Right now Lachlan could help Owen play. He told me the other day that it takes two hands and he is just playing the games that he cannot hurt his scores. Lachlan would know what he is talking about but I have no idea. He cannot play on the computer right now he just plays on his tablet.
      That is so exciting about Brent starting to build his own furniture. He must be really good working with his hands. He takes after Greg. He is smart to buy a house instead of paying all that rent. You do not have anything to show for it when you rent. It is really nice that he can do repairs himself and not have to hire someone all the time.
      Sounds like Piper is really creative. He valentine that she made sounds really cute. How funny she used electrical tape. She is so cute.
      Well that is about all from here. Thank-you for the prayers they have helped with Brook and will with Owen also. Have a great night.
      Colleen

• Colleen
      Participant

Hi Adele,
      That must have been scary to have your heart beating that fast. I am glad that you got in touch with your doctor and he increased your medicine. I hope this keeps working and they do not have to do anything else. Please take care of yourself.
      Paying taxes is such a pain. You probably keep really good records. I am not good at that. I am glad that we have our taxes done and that is over with for another year. I do not like doing all that tax stuff.
      If you get a chance to go to see DWTS on tour go. It is really worth it. We had such a good time. You are right about the smiles. They are going to go to some island and people can get tickets to go there and see them dance. They said that they will react with the audience more then at a regular show. I will look on the program and see where they are going.
      Your mac& cheese looked really good. I use the cheese that is already shredded. I am too lazy to shred myself. I imagine the way you made was a lot better.
      Most of my news is in the post to Gail. So I will go for now. Have a great night.
      Colleen

• Gail Norusis
      Participant

Hi Colleen, That’s funny thinking about the lifts and Carrie Ann when you were watching the show. I think when you are dancing in a show you can do lots of things that you couldn’t do if you were in a real ballroom contest. My sister has been doing ballroom dancing for probably 35 or 40 years. I will have to ask her more about the rules sometime. Her present teacher is a former world champion from Lithuania. She has sent me some videos of him and he is amazing. I will look into the schedule again. Sometimes the Coronado has good concerts but they are on a weird day like a Wednesday or something which right now doesn’t work that well for us while Greg is still working. In fact this year we are skipping ONP’s taste for that very reason. We went last year but it’s on a week day so it’s a pain to drive into the city and then get home late with Greg getting up for work the next day. So we are going to skip it this year as it’s hard to really enjoy yourself knowing you have that long drive back home and have to get up early the next morning.
      Lachlan and Owen for sure would enjoy playing their games together. Sometimes I have to laugh when I see Lachlan and Finn sitting next to each other and playing different games on different devices. This is how kids play together now. Just like when the kids text each other when they are sitting in the same room. Pretty soon we will forget how to talk to each other face to face. lol
      Yes, Brent learned a lot of stuff working on projects with Greg around our house. I know we have saved tons of money over the years because Greg could do so many projects on his own. Greg used to do stuff with his Dad and Grandfather and I guess that’s how he learned stuff. It really comes in handy not to have to hire someone for every little thing-although now that we are older we will hire people for big projects that require lots of physical output just because we are older. But I know Brent too does a lot of repairs on his own-I think he also works on his car too. Greg used to work on the cars sometimes years ago but once again crawling around under cars is a young man’s game.
      Did you notice how the days are getting longer. I so love when we pass that long dark part of winter.
      Gail

• Gail Norusis
      Participant

Hi Adele,
      Did they ever say why your heart beats too fast? I’m glad you will see the doctor later for a check.
      Who knew that shredded cheese has a coating? I use a lot of it in different recipes. When a recipe calls for shredded swiss I end up doing it by hand because around here they don’t have shredded swiss in a bag. I don’t really like doing it by hand as it is a pain. Sometimes I get Greg to do it for me. We have a grater attachment for the KA I wonder if that has the shredder on it too. Sometimes it’s a pain to get that all out to shred two cups of cheese though.
      Although we have used it the last couple of times that we made kugelis-it doesn’t give the exact same texture as the hand grater but it saves Greg’s hands-I just can’t grate the potatoes for that by hand anymore-it would take me forever and the potatoes would be all brown by the time that i got done. lol
      It must be hard to plan dinners at your house as you never know how many people that you will have. Do you ever worry about not having enough?
      I hope we will hear from Barbara again and that the doctors have figured out a plan of action for her. It’s worrisome when we hear from her only in bits and pieces. Saying lots of prayers for her and for all of us.
      Gail

• Colleen
      Participant

Hi Gail,
      I found the book that I bought at the dwts. It has a schedule of dates that they will be in each state. They will be in Rockford at the Coronado Auditorium on the 13th of March. That wa the only date that I found for your area. I did not see any place where they will be in Chicago. I was kind of surprised that they will not be there.
      That would be so much fun to take ball room dancing. It would be even more fun to watch your sister dancing. It is always a lot more fun when you watch someone you know dance and feel really proud of them. I imagine that she is really good.
      It is interesting how the kids can be playing different games on different devices and be able to tell you what the other person is playing and keep track of what they are playing. It just amazes me. They seem to really enjoy themselves playing those games.
      It is a shame that now the guys cannot work on the cars because of all the computers. Ron gets aggravated when he cannot figure out what is going on with the car. We are like you and Greg, we have someone come in and do things now instead of doing it ourselves. We were lucky that Ron’s nephews were into fixing up houses. His one nephew put the carpet down and did the floors in the rest of the house. His other nephew helped to put the roof on. He works with a couple of other guys installing roofs. So we really lucked out. Now if one of them could build a deck around the pool we would be set. The pool isn’t really all that big but it would be nice to have a deck.
      Brent has a lot of years that he will be able to work on his house. Now I hope he finds to share his house with. Well that is about all from here have a great night.
      Colleen

• adele shanbar
      Participant

Hey Gailster…
      I am attaching the meatloaf from last night- it has spinach in it. You just mix the meatloaf with what you put in it (I use Italian breadcrumbs, egg, Parmesan cheese, parsley and salt and pepper.) Cook a bag of spinach- eithe rin microwave for 5 minutes,, or saute with oil and garlic- then squeeze out the oil before mixing it in.
      Here is recipe for beet salad:

Cook beets in salted water, after cutting the top off, then let cool. Remove outer skin and slice into thin slices
      Cut up a half onion, or whole onion, chopped fine- depending on how much beets you cooked.
      Either add Ken’s Italian dressing with olive oil, or make dressing: 1 soup spoon of vinegar, 3 soup spoons of olive oil, salt and pepper.
      Toss, and enjoy!
      I forgot to say the wood for my table was made in India, so I figure the wood if from there too.
      Glad Greg is working out the wood allergy- dam. Definitely take a pic of the finished guitar. We are all dying to see it!
      I was very happy with the winners on AGT. I loved those kids from India.
      I bet Piper’s Valentine was adorable. I love those home made ones the kids make. Butterflies and electrical tape- she has her grandparents’ favorite things on there! LOL LOL She is so funny!
      I am so thrilled for Brent. Finally a fabulous life event for him to enjoy. This is such a good thing for all to enjoy. I love good news, and we have so few good news stories to delight in. At our ages, all seems to be health issues, and loss issues. So far this year, we have had a new house for rent, and two babies for me and Colleen. We need good news from Sue, Barbara, and DD too. Praying for good stories from them too.
      Aizen is here, and Amanda just walked in, so I have to close for now….
      Love all you guys!
      Adele

Attachments:
    • adele shanbar
      Participant

Hey Colleen!
      So glad Brook is back with her mother. Are you going over to see the baby soon? I hope you will get to snuggle the stuffing out of him! Is Brook feeling ok? How is Mandy,now that they are all home?
      You really did have a good time at DWTS. I am so happy for you. You deserve a lot of good times! I have nto heard of them coming up here yet. They would go to a big venue, I am sure, and I cannot go to those kind of places.
      My heart rate has come down. I am watching it closely. I will see what he says Friday.
      Thank you for the compliments on my cooking….LOL tonight is pulled pork in the crock pot, and I did roasted veggies. We will see what they say tonight….LOL
      How is your grandson doing? As he been back to the doctor since they set the break? Prayers sent!!
      Amanda has been here all day. Her and the boyfriend broke up. They were to move in together in 2 weeks. She already had a lot of her things there, and is now devastated. She is staying for dinner, and dyeing her hair here too. She is very sad.
      Hope you have a good night!!
      Adele

• adele shanbar
      Participant

Hey GAilster
      that was a cute story of Brent doing things around the house with Greg and his grandfather. How sweet! boys love to be busy with power tools, etc. It is so good when a boy can learn these very useful tasks from a Dad.
      They are not sure why the heart races. The heart tested out fine with all the testing- EKG, Echo cardiogram, etc. It is very weird.
      I am waiting for dinner to be ready. I have 20 more minutes. Bobby will get the meat out of the crock pot, and shred it, to put it back into the sauce for me. The meat was very heavy- it is a 9 lb roast, and I did not want to try it when it is boiling hot….LOL The directions say you shred the meat, and then put it back into the juices.
      Tillie’s doctor stopped in today to see how she is doing. I love this new in home doctor service! It is very personal and I love that. Her blood pressure was up a little, so he is sending his PA by in a couple of weeks, to check on her again.
      What are you doing for dinner tonight???
      Oh…I always do big pieces of meat, so there is always enough. I like leftovers, so i do not have to cook on another night. Also good for if people need to stop by!
      Have a good night!
      Adele

• adele shanbar
      Participant

Gail and Colleen
      the boys here- the big ones and small ones, are always on their phones playing games!!
      Adele

• Colleen
      Participant

Hi Adele,
      Well I am going to try this again. I wrote once and it threw me off the internet and this site. Hopefully it works right this time.
      We got bad news about Owen today. He went to the doctor and they said that the bone shifted and so now they are going to try and fix it. They are going to put the bone back together by putting a new cast on. They will wait a week and then take another x-ray and see if it worked. If not they will have to break it again and start all over again. Poor Owen was so upset. So we sure could use more prayers for him. The poor little guy.
      That was nice that Amanda spent the day with you. I am sorry for the reason. I hope she will be able to get her things back without any problems. She is probably better off without him. She will find the right guy and she will be really happy.
      Your meatloaf looks so good. You really made me hungry. Mom use to love meat loaf. When we went on our trips we went to this one restaurant on Wednesday because it was meat loaf day. It was really funny. You made me think of that when I saw your picture.
      Mandy is really happy now that Brook is back home and I think Brook is also. I have not seen Grayson yet I have a cold. So we wait until the week-end. He is growing so fast. He has really big hands it is funny.
      Let me know what town and theater that you would feel comfortable going to and I will check it out. DWTS does not always perform at the largest stadium. They were at the Stiffel instead of the Fox. The Fox is a lot bigger so you never know. I wish that they would be at a place where you could go.
      You are a good cook. You always have such good recipes and your family all seem to want to eat at your house. Well that is about all from here. I am glad that you are doing better and hope that you can keep it under control. I will be praying for you.
      Have a great night.
      Colleen

• Colleen
      Participant

Hi Adele,
      Well I am going to try this again. I wrote once and it threw me off the internet and this site. Hopefully it works right this time.
      We got bad news about Owen today. He went to the doctor and they said that the bone shifted and so now they are going to try and fix it. They are going to put the bone back together by putting a new cast on. They will wait a week and then take another x-ray and see if it worked. If not they will have to break it again and start all over again. Poor Owen was so upset. So we sure could use more prayers for him. The poor little guy.
      That was nice that Amanda spent the day with you. I am sorry for the reason. I hope she will be able to get her things back without any problems. She is probably better off without him. She will find the right guy and she will be really happy.
      Your meatloaf looks so good. You really made me hungry. Mom use to love meat loaf. When we went on our trips we went to this one restaurant on Wednesday because it was meat loaf day. It was really funny. You made me think of that when I saw your picture.
      Mandy is really happy now that Brook is back home and I think Brook is also. I have not seen Grayson yet I have a cold. So we wait until the week-end. He is growing so fast. He has really big hands it is funny.
      Let me know what town and theater that you would feel comfortable going to and I will check it out. DWTS does not always perform at the largest stadium. They were at the Stiffel instead of the Fox. The Fox is a lot bigger so you never know. I wish that they would be at a place where you could go.
      You are a good cook. You always have such good recipes and your family all seem to want to eat at your house. Well that is about all from here. I am glad that you are doing better and hope that you can keep it under control. I will be praying for you.
      Have a great night.
      Colleen

• Gail Norusis
      Participant

Hi Colleen.
      I think the DWTS troupe was at the Rosemont theater earlier in the year. That would be in the Chicagoland area.
      You are lucky to have Ron’s nephews to help out. We have to find a handy man when we need work. I know one time Greg hired some guy to do something at the apartments and the guy complained the whole time so Greg said he would never hire him again.
      It would be nice if you could get a deck built around the pool. You could then put chairs and stuff on there too. Maybe this summer you will find somebody.
      You know Brent still is dating the same girl that he was dating in the fall when we saw him so maybe that will be a relationship that lasts.
      I know some people don’t mind being alone but it seems like he really likes the companionship of another person so I hope things work out well for him.
      I’m glad Brook is back home and everyone is happy. Who will provide child care when she returns to work? I know it’s always hard at first to leave that little baby. I hope that your cold goes away and you get to see him soon.
      We are going to have temps in the 40’s this weekend. Yahoo!
      Whoops-I just got a call-I have a teeth cleaning on Monday. I have to go four times a year instead of two times like everyone else but it’s worth it as i don’t want to lose anymore teeth like I did that one year. That was awful.
      We don’t have any plans for the weekend but since the weather will be nice maybe I can snoop out something to do or someplace to go. I’m getting cabin fever.
      Gail

• Gail Norusis
      Participant

Colleen, I will say prayers that Owen’s arm will heal with the cast.

• Gail Norusis
      Participant

Hi Adele,
      Thanks for the beet salad recipe. I think if I put spinach in meatloaf Greg would revolt! lol Even though you probably couldn’t even taste it he would know it was there. You know what’s good-spinach dip. Boy I haven’t made that in forever. since we never entertain anymore and since I have gotten lazy I just never make that good appetizer stuff anymore.
      Our dinner last night was ( I can’t remember the name) ground beef and frozen mixed vegetables and gravy all mixed together. Then you top it with mashed potatoes and brown it in the oven. similar to a shepherds pie. it’s good.
      I was glad the dance troupe from India won AGT too. I think it will really change their lives and most come from a very poor situation.
      That is so nice that Tillie has the visiting doctor. What a life saver for those who have the care of elderly parents. I wish we had something like that when my MIL lived with us.
      Poor Amanda. Break ups are awful. How long did she go out with the boyfriend? Maybe he got cold feet with her moving in. It hurts so bad but time truly does heal a broken heart and then sometimes in the future we see it as a blessing in disguise. Where has she been living-with Heather? But Heather has been at your house-it’s like musical houses.
      don’t have any plans for the weekend but the weather is going to be nice so I am looking for something to do. We’ll see.
      Gail

• Colleen
      Participant

Hi Gail,
      I did not look at the schedule showing the dates that have already passed. They have probably been Adele’s area also. It would be nice if you get to go see them but if you do not there is always next year. I think we are going to go next year if we can.
      I really hate going to the dentist. I have to find another dentist. Sounds like you have a really good dentist. It is not fun getting your teeth cleaned that many times a year. It is good though if it has kept you to keep your teeth.
      That is nice that Brent is still dating that same girl. I hope that they are happy together and have a long life together. He deserves a break. That poor guy has gone thru a lot.
      They gave the weather predictions for the spring. We are supposed to have a lot of rain and snow the end of March. They said that we will have two large snow storms then. It will be interesting to see if they are right.
      Did you watch the masked singer last night? I think that I figured out who one of the singers is. I think it is Dion Warwick. I think she is the cat. If I remember that is the one she is. I could be wrong but I recognized her voice.
      We have no plans for the week-end either. We may go out to eat but not sure if we will do that either. I really need to clean house tomorrow. I have been so lazy here lately. I need to get my act together.
      Colleen

• adele shanbar
      Participant

Hey Colleen
      I am so sorry about Owen. I know what you are going through, because the same happened to Bobby. Only thing is Bobby was 4, so it was easier because he was not in school yet. On the positive side, at least Owen has the video games and electronics to keep him busy. This is so awful, as it is painful to have them continually break the bones to re-set them. I will be praying it works this time, and surgery is not in his future.
      That is great news about the baby. I bet you are dying to get rid of the cold! I noticed Sonny’s little paws are big too. His fingers are real long, and he is growing like a weed. Did I tell you he is 23 inches long? Little Sonny is very strong. The crazy baby tries to pull himself up to a sitting position! I guess he likes to see what is going on around him….LOL
      Iowuld be able to go to Danvers at the North Shore Theater to see DWTS. That is a smaller theater and they are very handicap friendly….LOL
      Have you seen the new show Sonny? It is about a woman police chief. I like it. There are a lot of new shows I like.
      I am glad I reminded you of a good memory about your Mom. That is good when you can have those nice memories, and not cry too much. I know your eyes will get teary, but that is perfectly fine. That still happens to me with memories of my Dad. Those are happy tears.
      It is freezing up here. It is supposed to be better over the weekend.
      Have a good night! Prayers sent for Owen!
      Adele

• adele shanbar
      Participant

Hey Gailster’
      Amanda is living in a bedroom in an apartment with 3 other friends. They each pay 500.00 and share the utilities too. they were not renewing their lease. We told her to go to her Mom’s until she can figure things out, as she is welcome there. Plus, Heather has nto even been there! She would have the place to herself. But, she is saying it is like going backwards. Maybe she will change her mind. Bobby told her she will always have a place here too- just don;t know where she would sleep….LOL We would have to put her in the office to sleep.
      I am glad you like the beet salad recipe. It is very simple, and beets are so good. Your dinner sounds like shepherds pie. What’s the difference?
      I hope you do find something to do this weekend, especially if the weather is cooperating! It will be in the 40’sup here tomorrow and Sunday. We will have the boys from Sat to Sun, and then do Jhonny’s birthday on Sunday. I suggest a trip to see The Piper…..LOL
      Hope you have a good night!
      Adele

• Colleen
      Participant

Hi Adele,
      They are not appearing at that theater. They may have been in that area already.. I was surprised that they are showing at so many different arenas in California. Maybe they will be in your area next year.
      Owen went to have the procedure done today and everything went well. He will have to go back next Wednesday for more tests. We are all praying that this time things will turn out different. I hope there will be no more surgery.
      The baby sounds so cute. That is funny that he is trying to pull up already. He may start doing things really young. He will be fun to play with and see him do all the things he will be learning. It will be the same with Grayson. They will learn to do so many things it is hard to figure out how they remember all of it.
      We have not been watching very many of the new shows. Ron loves to watch a lot of the news shows. I just watch a lot of the old shows that come on. I really like the old ones.
      The weather is going to be in the 50’s over the week-end so that will be nice. We are trying to find a new chair for the living room and a new bed. I would like to get an adjustable bed. I cannot lay flat anymore. Old age is not fun.
      Have a great night.
      Colleen

• adele shanbar
      Participant

Hey Colleen
      I would actually say that old age is expensive….LOL We need to many gadgets to keep going.
      Thank you for checking on where they will dance.
      I am so happy Owen’s procedure for his arm went well. I will be praying this is the last time they have to do anything. How is he feeling? That poor kid. I feel so bad for all of you.
      Glad Brook and the baby are well. I bet Mandy is having a ball with him home. This is her first grandchild, and we all know how that goes! LOL
      That’s too bad about the TV, as there are some good shows on this year. If you get a chance to see any- try All Rise or Tommy…..LOL
      It is on the 40’s up here so far. We are getting the boys today- they will sleep here, of course. We get such a kick out of them when they stay overnight.
      I hope your cold goes away fast, so you can get over to Mandy’s.
      Have a good weekend!!
      Adele

• Anonymous
      Inactive

Gail. Maybe you were thinking of cottage pie, It is almost the same as shepherds pie. The only difference is the meat used. One is ground lamb & one is ground beef.

Well if it is not one thing it is another. Now my washing machine is not working. It won’t turn on & it isn’t the outlet. So I suppose I will need to look for another. Most all our stores have closed. So I guess I will need to go up to Lowes. It is not close but they will deliver.

It is nice today 47 degrees & sunny, tomorrow is to be nice too. So we will see. It seems if we do get a sunny day it is just one day so I hope we get 2 days in a row.. I am ready for Spring.

• Colleen
      Participant

Hi Adele,
      That will be fun having the boys for the week-end. Do you have any special things planned to do with them? We are going to have Aliza spend the night soon. She has not stayed for awhile. We will take her shopping and out to lunch. We won’t be able to go to Chic Fila there is not one down here anywhere but we will find a place to go. She is funny.
      Owen is feeling okay. It was his week-end to stay with his dad so we do not know how it is going. We will find out when he goes home on Monday. The doctor gave them a note for Owen to take to school on Monday and his dumb dad left it at the hospital. So now it is up to his mom to go get it and take it to school and give it to the teacher. The man is an idiot. He couldn’t put the note in his pocket and make sure that he had it. I really dislike this man more and more everyday. I am so glad that I do not have to deal with him ever anymore.
      Mandy said that Brook dresses the baby like a month old business man. I had to laugh at her. I guess she puts dress shirts on him and suspenders. It is really funny.
      Well that is about all from here. I hope that all of your family is doing well. Have a great night.
      Colleen

• adele shanbar
      Participant

Hi Sue
      That is awful that your washer broke. Is it very old? If it isn’t, you may want to consider a repair person. We have had to call for one a few times this year. The average cost is about 150.00 for a repair, which includes their service charge. Sometimes it is worth it, and some times it is not. All depends on the age of the washer, of course.
      If you need to get one, it seems Lowes is having a good sale on appliances. Marissa got hers for 40% off. They are also doing the free financing thing, which I love. No other way to roll, as I say.
      It is warmer up here, and you should be good until Tuesday too. Tuesday is another rain or mix mess for up here.
      Hope you get a great deal, and an even better price. Go Sue!!
      Have a good day, and a wonderful shopping day.
      Adele

• adele shanbar
      Participant

Hey Colleen!
      We did nto get the boys last night. I guess they found something better to do….LOL Steph called and asked if we minded if they changed to next weekend. We were fine with it, as they should be having more fun than sitting with the old people….LOL
      I made two blueberry cakes this morning. I used the recipe for blueberry muffins, and made it larger so I could make 2 cakes- one was a bundt and one a loaf one. We cut the bundt one, and will have the loaf one tomorrow for breakfast. I had extra blueberries, so that is the reason for the 2 cakes. Plus, it is the only way I can get blueberries into Gary. LOL
      I hope Owen comes back feeling ok. I hope his Dad took good care of him, as he seems to be a scatterbrain from what you say.
      You will have such a good time when Aliza spends the night. I get such a kick out of the things they say and do. I do miss that the boys were not here, as I look forward to seeing them.
      I watched ITKWD, and there was nothing on that interested me, or that I didn’t already have. I did watch them demonstrate the Kitchen Aid grater, and learned I should have used a different speed than I used. Maybe that was why I had to keep stopping and pull out the grated cheese from inside the grater….LOL
      That is very funny about how Brook dresses the baby. How funny is that! Has he grown a lot since he was born? Since Sonny has grown a lot, I am guessing he will be tall like Bobby and his Dad- over 6 feet I predict. Bobby grew like that when he was a baby. We have been used to the babies getting a lot of wear out of their clothes, as they were slow growers.
      Adele

• Colleen
      Participant

Hi Adele,
      My grand still has not been here so that is why I have not posted any pictures. I will keep trying to get her over here. She is so busy with going to school and working. It will be nice when she gets out of school and is just working. She will have more time for family.
      That is always a disappointment when the kids do not come over when they are supposed to. You are right though they do have more thing to do then sit around with us. Even though we are a lot more fun then anyone else. lol
      I did not watch David today. I really do not need things from that show. I did order a rumba today and hope that it will work like they say it will. It would be nice to have. I will try it and if I do not like it I will send it back.
      We never thought that Brook would dress the baby like a businessman. She is so funny. I need to look at the babies feet and see if they have gotten as big as his hands. He is just so cute. Sonny is really cute also. They are going to be handsome yound men.
      Colleen

• adele shanbar
      Participant

Hey Colleen
      Don’t you just love their little feet? I miss Sonny. He has not been here since a week ago Sunday. they have been very busy cleaning the new apartment, as the tiles and all are done. they have to get all the debris of the construction gone- all that dust. So,nobody has had any time for a visit. They have the twins watching Sonny upstairs, while everyone else is cleaning downstairs. I know her appliances are coming tomorrow, and the furniture (living room) is coming on Friday. It is very exciting for them! Once they are all settled down there, I can pop by for a visit, because there are no stairs. That will be fun.
      I hope you get to see the baby and Brook this week. I will add an extra prayer for that.
      I made bread this morning. I have to get back into my bread baking routine, as I do some that have a lot of fiber in them, so it is good for Gary. I love fresh bread with soup. This loaf is called English Muffin Toasting Bread. It is great with a little butter, and some jelly.
      I text’d Amanda saying I made fresh bread if she was interested. She said she may stop over. I hope she does, as we are all very worried about her. Her and her roommates have to be out of the apartment by the 1st.
      Hope your day is going well!
      Adele
      PS…I hope Barbara is ok. I may try another email or messenger on Facebook.

• Colleen
      Participant

Hi Adele,
      There little feet and the tiny fingers are so cute. I cannot wait until they get big enough to crawl. Then they will really be fun. They will get into everything. Aliza will be happy Grayson will be doing something and not just laying there.
      That is nice that they finally finished their apartment. It is always to have a place of their own and time with the baby just the two of them. It sounds like it is really going to nice. It will be exciting when they get all the furniture in there.
      I love home made bread but do not make it that often. It is good with soup. I made potato soup yesterday and Ron really liked it. I was really surprised that he ate as much as he did and no complaints. I tried putting some smoked sausage in it and it turned out pretty good. That is the first time that I ever put it in the soup.
      She will find a place to live. They may find a place together again. It would be nice if she would go and stay at her mom’s for a little while. She may find that it is nice to be there. She could save some money and find another place and not have to have that many room mates. It is always nice to stay with mom and regroup.
      I am worried about Barb also. It has been awhile since we have heard from her. I am getting a little worried about her too. Well that is about all from here.
      Have a great night.
      Colleen

• adele shanbar
      Participant

Hey Colleen
      Amanda stopped by late yesterday after she was at Marissa’s all day long. She was watching the baby so Marissa could clean and paint. Marissa’s appliances are coming today, I think.
      Amanda’s new plan is to get a 2 bedroom with her friend Jeffrey. Jeffrey is gay, and has been a best friend to Amanda since they were in middle school. They have an apartment identified, and I hope that one works out for them.
      I am attaching a pic of the bread. We had it for breakfast this morning too. Do you ever make bread? You and Ron would love this loaf for breakfast.
      Are you going to watch the debate tonight? We will, until I get bored with it….LOL Sometimes they are good, and sometimes they are not. I wish we could take the best of each candidate and make one person to be President….LOL
      What brand of sausage did you use? Just wondering….LOL
      I wrote a quick email to Barbara. I hope she has the strength to answer it. I will let everyone know when she does. I am very worried about her. I also miss her stories. She is such a lovely woman, and has gone through so much.
      Hope your day is going well!
      Adele

Attachments:
    • Colleen
      Participant

Hi Adele,
      Well it happened again. I wrote to you and tried to post it disappeared. So I guess that I will try again. This gets so tiresome.
      I bet that Amanda had a good time with little Sonny. She had him to herself all day and that would be fun. It was nice that she helped her sister. It is nice the girls are so close and they help each other out.
      Christine needs our prayers. She has a problem with her eye and they may have to give her shots in it. She is really scared about which I can understand. I wish that I could be there to help her thru it but we are too far apart. So she can use all the prayers that we can send her way.
      I hope that it all works out for Amanda and her friend. The apartment sounds really nice. It is hard to find an affordable apartment around here none of these younger people can afford to live on there own. It is not always the safest.
      Your bread sounds really good. Ron and I both make bread. Ron is more daring and then I am. He made some bread and added orange soda to it. Surprising it tasted really good. I usually stick to the recipe.
      I hope that Barbara is ok. She is really a nice person and I hope she feels better. She has gone thru a lot. Well that is about all from here have a great night.
      Colleen

• Gail Norusis
      Participant

Hi Sue,
      Did you get a new washer. I think there were some sales on that kind of stuff from President’s Day so if you got one hopefully you got a sale.
      I think the part that was confusing about my dinner was when I said that the ground beef and veggies are in gravy-to Adele that most likely meant a tomato based sauce which is what is in shepherd’s pie-but I meant an actual beef gravy. I have heard of cottage pie but don’t make it as Greg doesn’t care for lamb. Besides you couldn’t even buy lamb around here if you wanted to.
      Hope you are getting better weather. Two days ago they were predicting a big storm for here and then it petered out and went south of here and we got nothing. I am grateful for that. I was happy that the snow was melting and some grass was starting to peek through in places.
      This morning we had a flock of about 30 turkeys out back. In the spring there will be a bunch of chicks-and then more groups of them all summer long.
      Gail

• Gail Norusis
      Participant

Hi Colleen,
      How is your cold? Better I hope. I don’t mind getting my teeth cleaned so often. The girl that does it went to school with the kids and is really a sweetheart. And she isn’t one of those who digs and digs-she has a very soft touch. I’ve been getting good check ups so that makes me happy. My dentist who is my age has retired and sold the practice to the woman who was in the office with him. she is young and really nice too so it’s mostly a cheerful place.
      I think that one person is Dionne Warwick too-can’t remember if she was a cat or a mouse or what she was. It will be on tonight so we will see another person unmasked. It’s fun to try and guess the people-I guess that is why the show became popular.
      I need to clean house too. I have gotten so lazy in my older age. Plus the two of us don’t make that much of a mess.
      Tell us how you like the roomba-we thought about getting one once and then changed our minds as we thought it might not work the way our house is configured.
      I hope Owen is doing well and that you get to see little Grayson soon.
      Gail

• Gail Norusis
      Participant

Hi Adele,
      How is Amanda doing with the breakup? Did they date for a long time? I hope she and her friend will get the apartment that they want. I do understand her wanting to remain independent and not go back home. I admire her for that.
      So is Marissa’s place part of Enzo’s parents house? Is it like a two flat or three flat. Greg’s parents house had a main floor and a basement and then there was a second floor apartment and a smaller third floor apartment and they rented out both apartments. I think his grandfather’s house was similar. Typical Chicago brownstones. When I think of Marissa there it reminds me of Everybody Loves Raymond where the inlaws lived across the street and were always over-and they were Italian too. lol
      I love English muffin bread and now we can’t get it anymore. The bakery shut down and the grocery store stopped carrying it. It used to be my go to breakfast. I’m not much of a bread baker. I have a bread machine which I used to use often but now it mostly sits on the shelf. We just don’t eat as much bread anymore. The bread machine actually worked really well.
      We won’t watch the debates-I can’t stand the democratic socialist. If people want a government like that they should move to Denmark where the income tax rate is 55%. I know he is very popular with the young people and I can understand why with the free college for all and stuff but most of those 18 year olds have not been in the real world yet-or even paid taxes yet- so I just don’t think they are well informed. But I better stop before I make enemies here as I’m sure some people love him-just not me. I prefer someone a bit more moderate.
      Maybe the boys will come visit you this weekend since they changed plans last week. I know they get to an age where being with friends is more fun then being with us old folks.lol
      Poor Jenny-her little westie Callie is going down hill rapidly so she is struggling with the decision about putting her down this week. Plus one of their guinea pigs died last Saturday and then they got water in the basement as their hose was still hooked up and they used to to clean something and the pipe broke. I thought everyone learned from us not to do that-as Greg forgot and did the same thing one year. fortunately it wasn’t too bad and they found it quickly. but Greg has to fix the pipe for them this weekend. it sure is nice for her having a Dad who is handy with just about everything from plumbing to electronics.
      Gail

• Anonymous
      Inactive

I did not buy a new washer. I somehow got my old one working. It must have been a kink somewhere because I made sure all the cords & hoses were straight & tried it again & it worked. So I will hold off a bit & see if it continues to work.

We did have a few beautiful days for which I am grateful. But now we are back to dark & dreary & rain but still mild. That is to change overnight as the rain is to change to snow & get extremely windy. We are under a wind advisory until Friday. The weekend is to be dry but cold. So we will see.

• adele shanbar
      Participant

Hey Colleen!
      Amanda did have a good time with the baby. The apartment is still not finished. The appliances were delivered, and kept in the boxes, as all is not done. Steph said there is something in every room that is nto completed. I think it is stressing Marissa and Enzo out to the max.
      You should go on the King Arthur Flour site. They have every recipe you can imagine for all kinds of breads. My flours came today- rye flour, and pumpernickel flour. My flours were way out of dates, so I had to order new ones….LOL These I will keep in the freezer, and then it will not matter at all, what dates are on them. Those specialty flours last only a year.
      I am dying to make this rye bread recipe I have from them. You put in some “Harvest grains” that you also get form them, and it is so good! Adds a lot of fiber which is good for Gary and you.
      I may do it on Saturday, as I am busy tomorrow morning and then Friday I have to go to the doctor, so I won’t be able to do the 2 rise thing. LOL
      So Number 45 will be on TV tonight to brief us all about the virus. I had previously heard ( over the summer) that he fired the scientists at the CDC, and then sent the remainder of them to the Midwest, to offices that do not have the technology they need to do their jobs. He also got rid of all the people who are supposed to handle the pandemics, because they were programs done by Obama. Not wise, and now we are in a real mess. I wonder if he will try to re-hire them. THAT would be a wise thing to do. Not sure if he can act wisely, or in the best interest of people in this country. I do not think he is a very bright man.
      I am praying none of us get even close to that virus. We sell those masks that are getting hard to get to the Body Shops we deal with. Right now, we can only purchase one case a week,and sometimes customers need more than that in a week. Our customers use them to protect their lings from the particles that are in the air in body shops, and from the chemicals they use.
      I wonder if you need one of those newer modems for your computer?? The modems become out of date with the new technology that changes every time there is an update. I used to own our modem, now I rent them from Xfinity, as I was always getting a new one. It is actually cheaper to rent them due to all the upgrades they do. We just got a new one installed again over the weekend.
      I wonder if Christine has the same thing Tillie has- a retina bleed?? Tillie had to get the shots in her eye once a month, until they determined her sight couldn’t improve anymore. Ill send her an email.
      Adele

• adele shanbar
      Participant

LOL LOL….Sue and Gailster…
      Yes, a gravy to me is tomato based….LOL
      Adele

• adele shanbar
      Participant

Hey Sue!
      We get the same weather you get, most of the time. We have been so dreary and gloomy, the past two days. Tonight the pouring will start again, and we may have ice early in the morning. I think I did hear it is supposed to be very windy up here too.
      I am so glad you got the machine going again. That is great news, and you knwo how I love my friends to have good news! To save a machine from having to be replaced is a good thing. Go Sue!!
      So….should I call you the next time my washer breaks??? LOL LOL I could pay you in a nice dinner and bread to take home with you….wouldn’t that be fun???
      Tonight we are having leftover American Chop Suey that I froze. I freeze the gravy pary, and all we have to do is cook macaroni. An easy’ peasy night. LOl
      Hope you are having a good day.
      Stay dry tomorrow!
      Adele

• adele shanbar
      Participant

Hey Gailster!
      It is Enzo’s parents’ home. When Enzo got older, they made a bedroom for him upstairs (used to be an attic), with a shower. that is where they are now. The room is big, and they have a little love seat up there too. This apartment is in the walk-out basement. It is not underground, as their house is built into a hill.
      You could make the recipe for the English Muffin bread in your bread maker. I have been having 2 pieces of the toast for breakfast all week. Gary and Heather had some too. I still have enough for at least 2 more days….LOL
      Amanda is devastated. She was with him for 5 years. They had broken up form time to time. We never met him. That was a clue right there. She had just been introduced to his family over the holidays. She thought a ring was coming soon. It seems he used her to clean and get his new place all nice and ready to live in, and then, goodbye. She plans on going over thereto get all the kitchen things we ave her when he is not home. I hope he did not change the locks.
      I hate to say this, but the more I hear Bernie talk, the less I like him. I like Joe Biden and I really like Bloomberg. Butigieg is good, but I wonder how this country will vote if it comes down to him and number 45. There are a lot of prejudiced people in this country. I wish there was one candidate that inspires everyone. it just does not seem to be that way at all right now. God help us!
      OMG- that is awful about Jenny and her puppy, and the guinea pig. The poor kids. Then add the flood. Dam. That is a lot all at once. I will say a prayer for them.
      Any news on Brent moving into the new house? Very exciting for him. I hope he has many healthy, happy years in his new house.
      I heard there is a new TV show that will have Mark Wahlburg in it. I love him!
      Hope you have a good night. I also hope that shooting is nowhere near you and Colleen- just heard about it on the news. Some brewing company. Just awful.
      Adele

• Gail Norusis
      Participant

Hi Adele,
      You are probably right. If I look in my bread machine recipe books I’ll bet there is an English muffin bread recipe in there.
      I just haven’t used it in so long I just never thought about it.
      Wow! Five years is a long time to go out and then get broken up. I’ll bet in future years when the hurt wears off she will see it as a blessing in disguise. It is odd that in all that time no one ever met him and that she just met his family at Christmas. It does make you wonder. I hope and pray there is a wonderful man out there for her somewhere. I’ve found that love seems to walk in when you are not looking and least expect it.
      Brent is closing somewhere the beginning of March-I’ve forgotten the exact date. He is so very excited. I wish I could be there to help him set up house but I’m sure he’ll get all the help he needs from his girlfriend. He’d probably rather have her help than Mom’s anyway. lol Although it is funny how as the kids get older their parents get smarter. lol This is cute-on Facebook he messaged Greg a picture of the sold sign in front of the house.
      I didn’t see Mark Wahlburg was getting a TV program. Did you ever see the movie Daddy’s Home with him and Will Ferrell it was funny. I like all those silly sitcom type movies. Not great art but they make me laugh.
      The shooting was up at a brewery in Milwaukee. That’s about an hour and a half north of us. We go up there for stuff occasionally to the zoo or a museum or the airport. It’s about the same distance for us to go to Chicago or Milwaukee. They are kind of known for breweries there. Remember Laverne and Shirley worked at a brewery and lived in Milwaukee. What a senseless tragedy. I guess the guy was fired from there-so he goes back and kills innocent people? It’s just so senseless. It just makes you shake your head and wonder what is wrong with people.
      It always makes me afraid when Greg has to fire someone as I always wonder if they could be some crazy person who will look for revenge. I remember years ago when he was much younger some guy came to the plant looking to do harm to his girlfriend who worked there and Greg had to tackle him to the floor and hold him until the police came. It was scary as I thought that guy was unbalanced and I was afraid he would come back. Fortunately he never did.
      I had sent Barbara an ecard last week and got a note from her this morning that she will try and write us soon. She says she has bad days and good days but did not say that she had a diagnosis. Hopefully she will be able to come on soon and tell us more. We will have to keep praying for her.
      Gail

• Colleen
      Participant

Hi Gail,
      Did you watch the Masked Singer? We were right about Dion Warwick. Her voice was kind of easy to recognize. She acted like she had a really good time doing the show. Wish she would have stayed on longer. I really thought the taco would go this time. I do not care for whoever that is. I did not think that they were good this week. I never have the same taste as others.
      I went to Aspen dentist to get my teeth cleaned and it hurt so bad that I will not go back. My teeth hurt for a few days after she cleaned them. She scheduled a date for me to come back but I will cancel and go to a dentist that Ron found. It is hard to find a dentist that we like since our dentist retired. he had to though he was really sick and could not work as much.
      That was terrible about that man who shot those people. I can see why you would worry about Greg. It sounds like he is a good boss though. So maybe if he has to fire someone they know they deserved it.
      I ordered the roomba and it did not show that it was on back order. They did this to me when I ordered a purse. I was a little upset that they did that. Oh well I guess they had more orders then they thought they would. I do not know.
      We lost our last guinea. We are not sure what happened to it. There were no feathers in the yard so it must have been some type of hawk that got him and carried him off. Poor Jenny losing the guinea pig and her dog so close together. It will be hard on her and the kids. Maybe they will find a dog that will love just as much.
      That is so nice that Brent is closing on his house so soon. I do not think that he would mind you coming to help to set the house up. You will probably get things unpacked faster then he would even with his girlfriend helping. They have to work and you would be there. You are right that the older the kids get the more they appreciate us.
      Colleen.

• Colleen
      Participant

Hi Adele,
      That must be hard on Marissa and Enzo to wait for their apartment to be done. Maybe now that she is doing the painting and they can help with things it will get done faster.
      I always keep flour in the freezer. I still have not ordered from King Arthur. I will have to try their bread flour and see if we can make some bread. I do not know if my bread maker still works or not. We have been making it by hand. Maybe that is why I have not been making it as much.
      It seems like if you have to go to the doctor no matter how early it messes up your whole day. I hardly get anything else done on days that I have to see the doctor. When I go back to the doctor I have to have blood work done. They always want it to be a fasting blood work. I hate that cause you cannot drink anything. I can go with out eating but not drinking water or my diet Pepsi in the morning. I do not like coffee.
      I do not believe anything that I hear on the news. President Trump does not want to see people die. They are trying to find a cure at different labs. They are trying to find a vaccine here in Missouri. They have been trying for awhile.
      I can imagine how much fun Amanda had with the baby. She will probably spend a lot of time there with the baby. It will be nice for her. It will give her time to get over the break up. I hope she hears about the apartment soon and they get moved in.
      You would not think that this computer would need a new modem. We have not had it that long. Nothing is made to last. They are right we live in a throw away world.
      Christine has had so many different health issues and I really worry about her. I wish that there was something that I could do for her but she lives so far away. I would go with her to the doctor if I could and to that back doctor also.
      Well that is about all from here. Hope your bread flour comes soon and you can bake your rye bread. Have a great night.
      Colleen

• Gail Norusis
      Participant

Hi Colleen,
      Yes, Dionne Warwick has a very distinctive voice that was hard to disguise. I always really liked her until I saw her on The Celebrity Apprentice. She was really kind of nasty to people when she was on that show and it changed my feelings towards her. We kind of thought the banana might get kicked off. We’ll see what next week brings.
      Brent had been going to Aspen Dental for some extensive work and then there was some sort of problem where the one person didn’t want the dentist to work on him because of his medical issues even though he had clearance from his doctors so he ended up changing places to get the rest of the work done as he was not happy with them. Fortunately he likes the new dentist. I read some revues of Aspen Dental and people either love them or hate them-lots of extreme reviews. I hope that you find a dentist that you like. Thankfully when our dentist retired this lady was already in his office and we liked her too so it was a pretty seamless change.
      I hope the waitlist for the roomba isn’t too long. I hate when I order something and then find out it’s just waitlisted and never said so in the check out process.
      Jenny still has here other
      dog Luke so that’s a good thing. I’m not sure what she decided to do about Callie as I haven’t talked to her since Monday but she was pretty sure then that she might have to put her down-but she never told me for sure what she decided. It’s always so hard to make the final decision.
      I doubt very much that I will be going to help Brent settle in. I would not make the 18 hour drive myself and right now I wouldn’t want to fly either with all the coronavirus stuff going on. Plus his is not the easiest place to fly to. It’s still five hours from the closest Airport so once you get there you still have to rent a car and drive for five hours. If we go out again in the fall we will see it then. In the meantime he will just have to take pictures.
      Have a great weekend. I hope Barbara will check in soon and let us know what is going on.
      Gail

• Colleen
      Participant

Hi Gail,
      I did not see Dion on Celebrity Apprentice. I would not have thought that she would be like that. I guess that you never know until you see them in real life. I guess that show is about as real as they get in public. I do not remember what the banana did last week.
      I have heard mixed revues on Aspen Dental. I wish that I would not have gone there. I will probably will not go back there. They can be really rough and that is not worth it. I am glad that Brent found another dentist that he likes. Ron found one that he likes so will try going to him.
      That is good that she has her other dog. Maybe Callie will come out of it and do better. It is just so hard to lose a dog after you have had them for awhile. I know that it is hard on the kids. I know when something happens to one of our dogs the grands all get upset. Aliza thinks that the dogs are hers. She chases them in the yard and has fun with them.
      It is hard when the kids live so far away. I wish that Melissa lived closer but she is moving farther away. I wish they would move closer to us. I do not think that it will happen any time soon. They just keep moving farther and farther away. I guess that is how it is when they are in the service. It is nice that Brent is settled in one place even though it is far off.
      Colleen
      p.s. Christine needs our prayers. They are talking about giving her shots in her eye. She has an eye that is bleeding. So please pray for her she is so scared.

• Gail Norusis
      Participant

Starting new discussion for March-see yu all there.

• Gail Norusis
      Participant

Trying to start a new discussion page but it won’t post for some reason. I’ll have to try again later.

• Gail Norusis
      Participant

okay. It did finally post. Not all my pictures did though. I never know until I get her which ones will post. The March one didn’t post at all. Oh well.

• adele shanbar
      Participant

Hey Colleen!
      There is progress on the apartment. they are finishing a few moldings, and touching up the paint. They will be moving their things down to the apartment today. I am so happy they are finally this far. Plus, they will come to get their boxes that are stored here…..LOL I have the crib and other stuff in boxes in our entryway, and stuff in the attic for their kitchen.
      No news yet on Amanda, as she has been working double shifts. We will see her some time this week.
      Baby has a hernia on his belly button which makes his little self have a huge belly button. The doctor said it can take up to 6 years to go away. I have never seen that, so I have no clue on this one. Other than that, he is a happy little thing. I hope we get to see him this week, when things calm down for them over there.
      We have the boys here. they are still resting a bit. We are doing Jhonny’s birthday later today-Bobby is making chicken/broccoli/ziti.
      I hope you are having a good weekend, and that you were able to see your daughter, grands, and new baby. Also hope your weather has been cooperating! How is Ron??
      Adele

• adele shanbar
      Participant

Colleen- forgot to say……I have emailed Christine to see how she is doing. She has the same thing Tillie had- retina bleed.
      Adele

• adele shanbar
      Participant

Hey Gailster
      Thank you for always starting a new page for us. Just let me know when it works.
      We are all exhausted over here. The boys were very noisy this weekend. God bless their little souls….LOL
      Posting Bobby’s dinner he made….he puts the sun dried tomatoes in his chick/brocc/ziti.
      Adele

Attachments:
    • Colleen
      Participant

Hi Adele,
      That is really nice that they are getting ready to move into their apartment. They will be really happy living in their own place and having the baby to themselves. You know what I mean it is hard to feel comfortable unless you are in your own place.
      Amanda is really working hard. Have they heard if they have their apartment yet or not. I hope she finds out soon and she can get moved in. Both girls will finally be settled in their own places. I imagine it is hard to share an apartment with that many other people.
      I have never heard of a hernia like this. Do they know what caused it? It seems like a long time to have it. I wonder if it is something new that happens. Well our little one weighs 11 pds. now. She did not say if he got any longer or not she was just impressed with his weight. Brook was that is. Of course my daughter says that he is the best baby in the world. I had to laugh she sounds like a typical grandma.
      The meal that Bobby looks really good. Tell him Happy Birthday from me. That is nice that you have the boys. We are supposed to have Aliza next week-end. She is going to help me put up the Easter decorations. It should be interesting.
      Ron is doing okay. Just a pain like men can be. Well that is all from here will see you on the March page. Have a great night.
      Colleen

• Gail Norusis
      Participant

Adele-the March page is up.

Viewing 132 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Share on Facebook
Facebook
Pin on Pinterest
Pinterest
Tweet about this on Twitter
Twitter
Email this to someone
email

Share this with a Smile
X Close
Watch QVC
top finds links QVC LIVE QVC PLUS QVC UK