Quacker Talk-February 20192019-02-01T09:41:20-05:00

Home Forums General Quacker Chatter Quacker Talk-February 2019

Viewing 148 reply threads
  • Author
      Participant

It’s February! Will the Groundhog see his shadow? Will we get a Valentine’s Day Card? Happy President’s Day and National Quacker Day! Who will win the Super Bowl?

Attachments:
    • Gail Norusis
      Participant

Hi Everyone,
      Well my President’s Day picture didn’t show up so I have a map instead. I thought we could look at it and be reminded where everyone lives inside the country. Adele is close to Boston, Sue is in mid Pennsylvania, Colleen is around Saint Louis, I am around Chicago, Barbara is around Memphis and waaaaaaay off to the left DD is in Portland. I wish we could put little dots on the map next to our names so we could picture where we all are. It looks like Adele and I are about the same distance north and Barbara is the farthest south and DD and Adele are the farthest apart. It’s too bad Debbie isn’t on anymore she was in Medford Oregon and Debra was in Indiana and Cynthia was in Vegas.
      Adele,
      I always thought Kirks Folly was like the Quacker Factory of jewelry as they also have whimsical designs.
      I noticed one day when I was looking up something in Denim and Co that they were showing 4 and 5 X too. so maybe they are bringing some in on limited items.
      Brent is doing okay. He still has more doctor’s visits until they decide what to do. I can’t help but feeling that if he lived closer I would find a way to move things along or maybe he would be getting better medical care but I can’t do anything about it.
      I’m glad Tillie’s echo was good. I hope she keeps her progress after the nurse and PT stop coming. I know that is probably a worry for you. I think as long as she keeps taking the meds that will help.
      Sue, those things that Adele is talking about are really warm and snuggly. I got one for Greg to put on in the evenings as he is always cold when we watch TV. I use a blanket but he won’t. I put it on the other morning and it was extremely warm. It might be worth it to get one.
      So where is Punxatawny from where you live. They do a groundhog thing by us too because Groundhog Day the movie was filmed nearby. We have Woodstock Willie and Punxatawny has Phil.
      Gail

• Anonymous
      Inactive

Gail I looked up the number Adele posted but it says sold out. I do have a long lounger that goes to the floor It is fleece inside & has a Scotty dog on the outside. It keeps me warm need to wear it more often. We are warming some it is up to 10 & is to reach 20 later. I don’t know if it will get there as it is also snowing. The snow is only to be a couple of inches. I did walk down to the mailbox yesterday as it was not as windy but still cold. That wind is what makes it feels so brutal. I think that was why I could not get it warmer inside because it is much better now. It is to warm into the 40’s this weekend so I hope they have that right.
      Punxsutawney Is in the Northeast part of the state about 85 miles from Pittsburgh.
      I still hear from Debra once in a while. She is always busy & they travel. I had a card at Christmas. Need to email her again. I never hear from Nancy anymore. She unfriended me on Facebook. I guess it is because I don’t like Trump & she thinks he is the greatest thing ever. I made the mistake of asking her why she was such a supporter as she has a Handicapped daughter & he mocked those people & other things. I just thought maybe she was seeing something I wasn’t but she just said it was fake news & the other stuff he says. So I am sorry but I ever wanted to bring up politics with her anyway but she just kept pressing me as did I not think he was the best thing ever. So I finally said No & ask her to explain her worship of him (did not use that word). Chances are she will say she never said that as she forgets & then denies that she ever said it. It happened before on the cruise but I let it go & let her think I was the one that lied but I did not. Just did not want to fight.

• Anonymous
      Inactive

I forgot to check the box.

• Barbara Smith
      Participant

Hello dear friends. Hope everyone is warmer but I especially wanted to let you know of this thing I ordered from the Q Sue that I love so far. It is a Sunbeam Heated Throw with this pocket on the front for you to put you hands in or whatever. It is big 54 by 73 and has a pretty long cord to plug it in. The number is H216798….and I got it because when I get cold it takes me forever to get warm. I get in my recliner and throw it over me and turn it on and it really warms me up and feels so good to me. I hope they still have them and if you happen to get one that you like it. I thought it was a bit expensive, at $59 but I got it on six pay before Christmas. I was watching late one night and saw it. I was just about to order a heating pad because I sleep with one and I saw this thing. We have been cold down South but not like you all are having to endure. My husband is very warm natured, so that has led to some interesting “discussions” shall we say. He doesn’t even wear an undershirt to bed (sorry TMI) and I am laying there with mounds of bedding over me. lol I can’t remember Gail what the saying is about the little furry fellow and his shadow. He always looks SO miserable when they drag him out of his den. DD. our kitty decided that he was going to sit at the foot of the bed 3 times last night and howl. At first I thought he was sick or something, but I truly think he was just cold and wanted to snuggle in the covers. Because once I made him this nice mound of blanket on the foot of the bed and he got in it and turned around about ten times he settled in and slept and slept. Does Jewell do that too? I just love our fur babies. I think I have started a really bad habit with him. He knows that right after I get ready for bed and am fluffing my pillows and all that I stop and put 3 little treats in the palm of my hand and he eats them out of my hand. So now he keeps taking his paw and touching me on the arm or side gently like saying, here I am feed me. But it is my fault. My husband won’t feed him treats at night for that very reason. Does your baby have her little routines too?
      Gail, that was so nice of you to put your Feb. opening. It is pretty amazing when you look at the map and visualize how far apart in distance but how close we all are in our minds and our hearts. Can you imagine the lively party we would have if we all got together? I am glad you still hear from Debbie Sue. It sounds like she is doing so well and I am beyond thrilled to hear this.
      Adele, you are definitely a “wonder woman” and I have so much admiration for all you do to hold your family close and how you seem like the Energizer Bunny, when I know you must be so tired. I pray Ms. Tillie will keep doing as she should and her life continues to improve with each day. Prayers for you all.
      Gail, I know how hard it has been for you to not be with Brent during all this. We love them no matter how far away life takes them, and I pray they get some definitive answers for all of you soon.
      Colleen, is Ron still collecting his “treasures” from the road or fields he passes by? Sometimes Jerry drives in and I look out the kitchen door to the garage and see him putting some little something in his shop. I don’t even want to know. lol
      Take care everyone. Have a good weekend. Barbara

• Dianne Danielson
      Participant

Hi Ladies,
      Well, it’s our turn to get some snow. We went from 55+ this week down to the 30s this weekend. We’re supposed to get snow Sunday night into Monday/Tuesday. We didn’t get any of that Arctic blast you guys got. We get it if the blast reaches all the way across the country. But we have some barriers, the Rocky mts, & our Cascade mts that block it from the East. I sure hope it’s all over for you guys!!!
      Are you guys talking about that oversized T-shirt they had on the Q for the holidays called “Comfy? I got one in aqua, but it’s been so warm I haven’t worn it yet. I did see them at our local Kroger’s not long ago. If there’s one nearby you might want to check it.
      Th measles are spreading. There are 42 cases now & several suspected cases. I think our local law makers are going to write up something making vaccinations mandatory, after this.
      Hey Sue, my friend Diane is an ardent Trump supporter, too. He DID say those things about the disabled, I saw it first hand when he said it!!! He did make fun of a reporter or someone there. It wasn’t fake news!!! I’ve seen & heard all those things. They have it on video for crying out loud! Diane & I are on opposite sides when it comes to a wall. I say it won’t work. They’ll find a way no matter what. And as for the criminals, drugs, etc, They’re ALREADY here!!! I made a list of all the serial killers, & they’re all white American born males, school shooters as well. I may have missed some, but for the most part I don’t think I have. I’ll get off the subject now.

We have a hedgehog to tell us if we have an early spring or not. Not that we need it, we’ve had a spring like winter as it is.

Well, I guess I better go get dinner on.
      Have a great weekend & GOOOOO RAMS!!!!!
      dd & Jewell

Attachments:
    • adele shanbar
      Participant

hey everyone!
      Gailster
      Glad brent is ok. I feel the same way you do. If he were closer to you, he may have found out what is wrong by now. I know this has been a long haul, and no clear answer is frustrating. Not to mention worrisome.
      The pin came yesterday- I love it. I told Gary to have it molded onto the Urn they out mein, when I die….LOL
      I wish we did have a map, so when we see weather on the news, we either pray, or not pray, for our good buddies.
      Are you ready to watch the game???? Go Pats……go Gronk!
      That is funny that Greg has one of those blankets. Gary should have one too,as he is always cold. I hope Sue does get one.
      Tillie has been good for the last 3 days. I am holding my breath.
      I miss my kitties!

Sue
      I am glad your area warmed up too. We are in the low 40’s today too. It is supposed to get even warmer and then get colder again, it not frigid like last week. I am so sorry that item sold out! Dam. that would have been great for you.
      Do not worry about losing a friend because of #45. I also distanced myself from a very good friend who loves him. I just couldn’t understand how someone could have a daughter, and then worship him, with how he treats women. Their total support of him made me ill. I wonder how many relationships have been destroyed becasue of him. It is a real shame that a President of this fine country can be so crass and hateful.
      I hope you are feeling warmer and cozy to watch the game tonight. It is cloudy and gloomy up here, but no rain.

Barbara
      I hate to say this, but i am like jerry. I get so hot at night, and even wake up when the heat comes on! I used to wear a flannel nightie, and socks to bed- no more…..LOL
      I am the amusing version of the energizer bunny, that does everything while seated….LOL I did do the cookies yesterday. Today, i was doing the French Toast Casserole. Well, the entire kitchen filled with smoke. The bottom oven had a spill that could have been from the popovers last week. the smoke alarms went off, and I had to shut the bottom oven off. Had to out the casserole in the top oven, and after it was done put on the self cleaning mode for the bottom oven. We had all the windows open and turned off the heat. What a gross smell! I am lucky I have the double oven. Also lucky Bobby decided we were doing takeout today, as I could never do chicken wings in the oven today.
      Are you watching the game tonight….rooting for which team?

DD
      Well, I know who you are rooting for- the Rams. not to worry, I am not offended. Nobody but people from Massachusetts roots for the Pats, that I know of….LOL
      I am goign to try to post a pic of Steph’s kitty for you to see. I gave Steph a cute owl teapot, and salt and pepper shakers. Steph said she felt something looking at her, turned aorund, and there was her kitty, looking like a tea pot….LOl I don’t think I posted that one before, so her it is.
      Steph’s kitty reminds me of your pretty Jewell.
      That must have taken some time, to compile the list of murderers. You are right- they were all white males.
      I hope you do not get too much snow.

Love all you guys!!!!
      Adele

Attachments:
    • Gail Norusis
      Participant

Hi Sue,
      I did get a card from Debra too but other than that I never hear from her. I know she travels a lot and is always busy doing something. She is quite a bit younger too.
      I had forgotten about Nancy. Just really ever talked to her on here but now I remember she went on the cruise with you and Debra. I sure can’t see unfriending someone because of political differences. but that sure wasn’t fake news about him making fun of disabled people-I saw it right in front of my eyes and thought it was despicable no matter which party he belongs too.
      He is the most unpresidential president! He is an embarrassment.
      Greg doesn’t like him and he is a registered Republican ( I’m sort of an independent) but he knows whether someone is a good person or not. He didn’t even vote for him and I imagine a lot of other Republicans didn’t either. I sure hope he doesn’t run again. It seems like 3/4 of the news is now taken up with all bad stuff that is going on in his administration.
      I hope the cold weather has now passed by you and you are getting a bit of a thaw like we are. it’s warmer but rainy and very foggy. I’m glad that we will just be home watching the Super Bowl tonight.
      Gail

• Gail Norusis
      Participant

DD,
      I like the picture of the Peanuts gang skating. It’s cute!
      Hope you’re not getting too much snow.
      Gail

• Gail Norusis
      Participant

Barbara,
      I’m glad you liked the map. I like to look at it and get a better idea of where everyone is. It’s funny how the Eastern states are so clumped together that you can hardly distinguish them, and then as you move farther west the states get bigger. It’s a good thing none of us lives in Alaska or Hawaii as i couldn’t get those states in and show the right perspective. lol
      I wish we could still have cats but had to stop after Greg became allergic. I miss our dogs so much but don’t know whether I want to get another as I keep thinking after Greg retires maybe we will do some traveling. By the same token I can’t imagine never having a dog again either. I vacillate back and forth all the time and go on the website for our local shelter about three times a week to look at their dogs-so I know I think about it often.
      Gail

• Gail Norusis
      Participant

Sue,
      I checked that number that Adele gave you and there were four colors there.

• Gail Norusis
      Participant

Hi Adele,
      I’m glad you love the KF pin. Like I said they are very whimsical just like QF.
      We will watch the game but will probably root for the Rams. Gronk can always stop by and do my laundry-I just got a big box of Tide Pods from Costco. lol Actually I just saw last week where he did something really nice for some kid-the details have slipped my mind but I remember thinking at the time it was nice. Oh I remember-i think he messaged the five year old boy who got bullied for wearing nail polish to school. The boy didn’t realize that it wasn’t “masculine” he just thought the polish was a pretty color. His grandmother does nails so he would play with her colors and just liked them. Poor kid.
      I got Greg that sweatshirt thingy for Christmas. He never would have gotten it for himself and so far he’s only put it on once but he has covered up with it a couple of times.
      You know I have a double oven and only the top oven is self cleaning-the bottom one has to be cleaned the old fashioned way. Guess which one I use more? lol
      I love that picture of the cat and the owls. She could be a statue too. You couldn’t have posed that if you wanted to.
      What is Bobby ordering in? We are having rotisserie chicken, cole slaw and potato salad from the deli as I don’t feel like cooking.

Gail

• Dianne Danielson
      Participant

Hi Ladies,
      Another Sunday afternoon & NOTHING on tv!!! Just another boring day. So what’s up with all of you? I hope those horrible weather systems are out to sea by now. Every time they tell us we’re getting snow it doesn’t show up or it’s so little that it’s barely a dusting. Where we reallly need it is in the mts. IT can stay there too!!
      Adele, I WANT that kitty!! She’s GORGEOUS!!!

I plan on roasting a chicken for dinner, with Stove top stuffing & a veggie. I got some other things but will save them for later on.

Not a whole lot going on here, so far. Will keep ya posted on the snow. I think some people, essp the kids are hoping for a snowmageddon.
      Oh Gail, I meant to tell ya this before, did you see the set of 8 butterfly solar powered lights for your garden? It was on last week in the garden day.
      There are 5 colors to choose from, red, blue,purple, white, & multi. It’s M57323, preseason priced at $29.98. Sorry I forgot last time I was on here. (if my head wasn’t attached…)!
      Well, I’lll get off here now.
      Have a great week ahead & I hope it warms up!!
      dd & Jewell

Attachments:
    • Anonymous
      Inactive

Yipee we got in the 40’s today. It is to rain tomorrow into Tuesday. It is to be mild most of the week if they are right then we should get rid of most of the snow & ice. Then it is to turn cold & windy.
      Gail Thanks I put the number in Adele posted in again & it came up. Wonder why it said sold out before. I had the number written down & put that in so I don’t think I had the numbers wrong. That does look warm but I would still need a blanket for my legs & feet. Some of the reviews say the neck opening is too small. Did Greg have trouble getting it over his head?
      DD if you don’t like football nothing else is on. It will be worse Tuesday when you know who delivers the State Of the Union speech. Give me football any day over that. I sure hope he is not re elected for a second term. I don’t vote party I always tried to look at their record & go from there. This one will not compromise. He wants the money for his wall & won’t budge. Your meal sounds delicious.

• adele shanbar
      Participant

Sorry girls…..

WE WON!!!!!

I just ordered the hats for the kids. As soon as they won, Marissa called, and said….are we getting hats? Of course! Who knows if they will ever win again, as I think Gronk and Brady could retire.

It was so boring , i fell asleep twice, until the end. Then it heated up!

Love you guys……Adele

• Colleen
      Participant

Hi All,
      How exciting that your team won Adele. The kids will be excited to get the hats you ordered. That is so cool that you got them the hats. Did you have a lot of company to watch the game. I bet you had a lot of good food.
      Gail, I am glad that they are still taking care of Brent. Maybe they will get this all figured out and he will be fine. I wonder if he is going to the doctor like he should. If he is like my kids they think they are too busy to go to the doctor. What is weather like where you are? it was in the 70’s today. It was so nice and a good day to go outside. I hope that it is warm tomorrow also.
      DD, I cannot believe that you are not getting any snow in the mountains. You really do need some. Is it really dry there where you are. I hope you get some rain or snow there soon. I like the pictures of the kittens. They are so cute. I wish that my daughter’s cat was cute and cuddly like those cats.
      Hi Barbara, My daughter said that it was cold there. The kids are wanting snow but they have not had any. The kids were off school for two days because it was cold outside. You and Jerry sound like me and Ron. He is warm and I am cold all the time. I have two blankets that I keep in my chair all the time to keep warm. Ron drives me crazy every time he goes outside he put his cold hands on my neck. He thinks that he is funny. I think it is funny that about the cat. We all spoil our animals. Our dogs are spoiled.
      Well that is about all from here. I hope everyone has a good night.
      Colleen

• Gail Norusis
      Participant

Hi DD,
      Thanks for the heads up on the lights. I did see them in passing but I will go back and give them a closer look. Greg would probably say “just what we need more solar lights.” lol
      Gail

• Gail Norusis
      Participant

Hi Sue,
      The neck is a little small but both Greg and I were able to get it on. I had pajamas on one day but I just couldn’t warm up so I put it on and it really did make me warm all over.
      I wish there was a nation wide on line petition that we could go to sign if we are against the wall. Maybe if he could see all the people against it he would rethink his position. But maybe not-that would be too reasonable and he is not a reasonable guy.
      Glad you are getting a thaw.
      Gail

• Gail Norusis
      Participant

Hi Colleen,
      It was warmer here but nowhere near what you got. We got into the lower 40’s but it will disappear by tomorrow.
      I think Brent is going to all his appointments. However, he has had lots of doctor’s visits with lots of tests with lots of copays. So he may have to space the visits out in order to afford it. Plus he is a working guy so he cannot just go to the doctor anytime like us retired people can. He has to work all this stuff into his work schedule. I feel bad for him being sick but also because it is costing him so much money.
      We are tired of snow days here. Hopefully they can still get the kids out of school before Milk Day which is the first Saturday in June.
      Gail

• Gail Norusis
      Participant

Hi Adele,
      Congratulations to your team. It was kind of a boring game. Not much action.
      I heard Brady wants to play until he is 45, so I think he’ll be back. I personally wish he would retire and go out on top. It would be sad to his fans to see him come back and then not be much good-kind of like Bret Favre. He ended up being kind of pathetic toward the end. I’ll bet his wife would like him to quit. I worry about his brain in his later years.
      What kind of hats is everyone getting? I heard Gronk is mulling it over-meanwhile he is upstairs making good use of my giant box of Tide Pods. lol
      Gail

• adele shanbar
      Participant

Hey Gailster!
      We are all tired up here. We watched TV way too late. the parade is tomorrow. I wish I had the ability to go, as it will be a hoot.
      Steph’s cat is a real hoot. She sleeps with her paw on Steph’s face. That picture was priceless. One in a million shot.
      I love the litty pics Dd posted. there is nothing like holding a bunch of kittens! Or puppies.
      I told Gary that Greg has one of those snuggle things. Gary is always cold in the living room, as it is an addition, and there’s nothing under it,so it is always chilly in there, unless you want to pay 600.00 a month for oil…LOl
      My first double oven stove had one oven that did not do the self clean thing. So glad it broke….LOL I was wiping out the small oven at 10:30 last night, as I waited until the game was over.
      Did you get anything form the new stuff today? I got the hoodie that came in black and gray.
      Hope your weather is better- ours is.
      I am attaching a pic of the visitors we had today. One pic was taken by Heather, and the other one by my neighbor, Bunny.
      Adele

Attachments:
    • adele shanbar
      Participant

Hi DD!
      I love the pics of the kittens. Steph’s kitty could be related to your pretty kitty!
      Did you watch the game last night? It was real boring, as no action, until the very end.
      Do you believe it was 63 here today? It is still 61 now.
      I got a couple of those cute egghunt prep bowls with covers- one for Steph and Heather too for Easter. But, I may give them to them now, as if I wait they will not be able to enjoy them all through the Easter season.
      I would have loved your dinner. We did take out last night. Roast beef sandwiches, and an order of chicken wings in honor of the game….LOL
      This morning we had a take out breakfast here for Frankie’s birthday today- he is our ace employee, and it is his 33rd birthday. We all had a lot of laughs, and that was good.
      Hope your day is good!
      Adele

• adele shanbar
      Participant

Hi Sue
      Even the turkeys were confused up here today- look at the pic of them on our street today. there were 6 of them. We reached 63. i hope you got enough warm weather to melt all the mess you have down there. It is supposed to be warm for the parade tomorrow too.
      I can’t imagine what the speech will be tomorrow night. If it is decent, he did nto write it. I bet he goes off script, as he always does.
      I am like you, although I am a registered democrat, I vote for who would be the best candidate for the job.
      I hope you do get that warm snuggly, as it would keep most of you warm.
      Hope your day is good.
      Adele

Gailster…forgot to say……Bobby did roast beef take out, with chicken wings….LOL
      Adele

• adele shanbar
      Participant

Hi Colleen
      Our food was real boring. Take out roast beef sandwiches.. I never even got to make Gary’s favorite- pigs in a blanket, due to the oven commotion. I will make it for him another night. I had Doritos for a snack during the game. Then, after the game, Gary and I had a few of my chocolate chip cookies.
      this has been a real weird winter. we have had hardly any snow. We have had more ice than anything else.
      do you believe the 6 turkeys who came strolling down the street? Too funny!
      Ron is funny. I bet he makes you shiver with those cold hands of his. Is he getting potato soup for that? LOl
      hope your day is going well. Tomorrow is the big parade up here for the Pats. I hope Gronk is his usual funny self.
      Adele

• adele shanbar
      Participant

Hey Gailster
      LOL….so the Gronk is hold up at your place….LOL I just love that guy. I think he would be great on the old Regis and Kelly show…Gronk and ???? I heard Kelly is leaving, so they need a new woman anchor. Gronk would be hysterical on a show like that.
      The big parade is tomorrow, and we are all betting it will be a crowd larger than #45’s Inauguration….without the Russian delegation….LOL LOL
      i got the white hat the team members were wearing. JJ and Jhonny got the skull cap one, as they love those and not the traditional baseball cap. they even had a child’s hat for Aizen. Gary and Heather got hoodies, and I did get a t shirt for Aizen and JJ too. Oh yeah…went a little Pats nuts, I would say. I will call it their Valentine’s gift. Gary just rolled his eyes.
      Hope you have a good night. the Man with A Plan show is coming back on tonight. We like that show.
      Prayers sent for Brent. I hope this testing will finally be done soon. Not fair for a young man to have to spend so much on health care.
      Adele

• Colleen
      Participant

Hi Adele,
      Those turkeys were in the wrong place. It is funny that they were roaming around in your yard at this time of year. We have them out here but we do not live in town.
      You food for the game does not sound boring to me. That is a shame that your oven went out on a day when you could have made the pigs in a blanket for Gary. I am sure that he will like them no matter when you make them.
      Ron has a new hobby. He is making sausage. He made regular pork sausage and Italian sausage. He made patties instead of the links. He will try to make them later. He makes some good sausage. We have a lot of them in the freezer. I just hope that he does not make so much that we will not be able to get anything else in the freezer. If it stays cold like this much longer he will have to buy an extra freezer to put them in. lol
      I hope you all enjoy the parade tomorrow. We were glad that they beat the Rams. Most people in Mo. are still made about what they did to the people here. The ones that bought season tickets finally got the money back.
      Well that is about all from here have a great night.
      Colleen

• Colleen
      Participant

Hi Gail,
      It is hard to be so far away from the kids when they are sick. It would be nice if he lived closer but sounds like he has good doctors there. I will keep praying for him and that they get this figured out soon.
      It is getting cold here again. I wish that we did not get the warm weather and then get cold again. It will seem worse. Oh well it is what it is and we have to live with it.
      We have not had a lot of snow here but we enjoyed what we had. That may be why we like the snow here better then some peopl do. Our snow does not last long here so we enjoy it when we do have some here.
      How are the grand kids doing? I hope that they do not have to go to school too late in June because of all the snow days. It is not good to be in school when it is so hot. Even if they have air conditioners they still have to get to and from school and go out for recess.
      Well that is about all from here. Have a great night.
      Colleen

• Gail Norusis
      Participant

Hi Colleen,
      That’s kind of cool that Ron is making sausage. We have a machine that Greg’s grandfather made to stuff the sausage in our basement. We have never used it as we have never made sausage. My grandmothers used to make their own polish sausage all the time and I know Greg’s grandparents did the same only they made Lithuanian sausage. They taste pretty much the same to me. lol Greg’s grandfather made all sorts of stuff for labor saving. He must have been quite interesting. He was still alive when we were first married but I could never really talk to him as he didn’t speak any English. I always found that odd that he lived here for many years but never learned the language.
      We are going to be getting icy weather tonight. I think I would rather have snow than ice. Now you have to worry about ice on power lines and all that stuff. Snow is at least a little more manageable. I hope it doesn’t get so bad that they have to cancel school again.
      Gail

• Gail Norusis
      Participant

Hi Adele,
      Yes, I have Gronk doing my laundry in the off season since I use Tide pods-I just spent about 15 minutes trying to open the child proof bag. lol He probably just could have torn it open for me.
      I bet there will be a big crowd for the parade. It would be exciting to go to but i am just too old for those kinds of crowds. I thought it was horrible the way the reporters mobbed Brady right after the game. I felt sorry for that woman that was trying to interview him-she was so much shorter than everyone else-i was afraid she would be suffocated and if some one would have tripped and fallen they would have been trampled.
      You know we never used to see turkeys and then about ten years ago they came and now they are all over the place. We have flocks walking through our yard. Especially in spring and summer. Just think if Ben Franklin had had his way the turkey would have been the national bird.
      I did get the watermelon with gingham shirt with the butterflies and the pants to match. Of course. lol
      This year we just had deli chicken, potato salad and cole slaw for the Super Bowl. I was lazy. Last year I got into the theme and had cheese steak and lobster rolls.
      Today I am in hog heaven watching Gem Day on the Q. I just love color and sparkle. I have to wear a bib to keep the drool off my shirt. lol
      Gail

• Dianne Danielson
      Participant

Hi Ladies,
      Well, we got the snow they predicted. Just a dusting, most of it has melted. The roads & streets were ice skating rinks tho this morning. The temps are gonna be even colder tonight so again they’ll be icy. I’m staying in for the time being. You guys would get a big laugh at us the way we roll up the sidewalks/streets at the first sign of a snow flake. LOL

Congrats Adele to the winners. I didn’t watch it, & from what I heard I didn’t miss much. My dinner was delish. I have enough leftovers for a couple more meals.

• Dianne Danielson
      Participant

I;m back. I don’t know what I did, but I didn’t mean to send it. I guess I have a computer poltergeist that does that!! lol

I won’t be watching tonight. I’ll be watching reruns of Criminal Minds. Just what someone with a criminal mind needs to watch. lol
      He lies every time he opens his mouth, so I’m not gonna watch. Politics bores me anyway. Is a shame when it causes friends to part ways.
      It’s just not worth it.
      Oh, did you see the QF show yesterday for QF day? Too many cute tops I wanted. Sigh. I see it ran over the scheduled 2 hrs. Someone must’ve bailed or something. Maybe an emergency.
      It’s gem day today, so there isn’t anything I wanna see.
      Well, I’ll get off here for now.
      dd & Jewell
      PS: Glad you enjoyed the kitty pics.

Attachments:
    • Anonymous
      Inactive

Hey DD how about equal time for puppies? You would not have had left overs if we could have come for your yummy dinner. I have to check when I go to the store again. I was going to get a chicken to roast & there were none.

Gail I thought you would be watching all the pretty bling. They has some nice pieces but I cannot afford it. I have plenty of jewelry too & don’t know where it will end up. I have some nice pieces I got before gold got so expensive. I have some set in silver too. Quacker had some nice things too. I don’t know what it was but Antonella (Not spelled right) the host was getting on my nerves. I usually like her so I don’t know what it was last night.

Adele I always thought your weather was worse than ours. But you have had warmer temps We were in the 40’s yesterday & 50’s today. But that felt great after the below zero temps. Most of the snow & ice has melted now except where the piles are that we shoveled. But the ground is so wet the water is just standing in puddles & we are to have several days of rain now before getting colder again but not the artic blast like before. The creek is really running high so I hope there is no flooding in lower areas. Of course all the standing water will turn to ice when it gets cold. And maybe snow Monday. The weatherman said we are not done with snow.

I don’t want to hear the speech either so maybe I will just read a book.

• Colleen
      Participant

Hi Gail,
      It is nice that Greg’s family made their own sausages. We do not have a machine that he can use to stuff the casings. That may be the next thing that he gets.He got a meat grinder that hooks to my kitchen aid. So he is really happy about that. I really like that mixer. It is really the best thing that I have had for the kitchen.
      That is a shame that you could not talk to Greg’s grandfather. How long had they lived here? That must have been hard on him if he could not speak English. Could the rest of the family speak English? Could Greg talk to his grandfather? This is really interesting.
      It would be so much fun if we could go back in time and see how our grandparents lived and our parents. It would be interesting to see my mom living on a farm and doing farm work. We never did see the farm they had sold it before we were born. I do not think my dad was ever there either. My grandpa went to work as a security guard.
      Well i will quit boring you with all of this. Well not much going on here. Mom is in the hospital she fell. She is supposed to come home tomorrow so will have to go and stay with her. I am not sure if it will be one night or two. I may disappear from here for a couple of days. She did not break anything she just put a bruise on her forehead.
      That is all from here. Have a great night.
      Colleen

• Gail Norusis
      Participant

Hi DD,
      We didn’t watch the state of the union address either. All his speeches sound like campaign rallies. I like to hear honest- speaking to the people talks. Plus all I have to do is turn on the Today show in the morning and they will recap it all for me anyway.
      Cute kitties. I agree with Sue-how about equal time for the puppies.
      Gail

• Gail Norusis
      Participant

Hi Sue,
      Yes I was watching all the bling. Stones have always fascinated me ever since I was a little girl. I wish Peyton Kelly could be on a lot more. I love listening to him talk about the gems and the places where he goes to find them. I wish he would write a book.
      I had the Quacker show copied the other day so I just kind of fast forward through parts of it so I didn’t really catch too much of Antonella. the crop pants that are the TSV on Q2 aren’t much different than pants that they have sold before so they are not too exciting. I know you don’t get Q2 but you can check out the offerings online on items previously shown.
      We had freezing rain last night and the roads are like glass this morning. I’m glad I don’t have to go out but i worry about Greg and Jenny driving to work. There is supposed to be more tomorrow. One time last night it was actually thundering and lightening out.
      Gail

• Gail Norusis
      Participant

Hi Colleen,
      I hope your Mom will be okay. Did she have one of those things that she could press to call for help after she fell? That is so scary.
      You know I wonder if the kitchen aid has an accessory part for stuffing sausage? I would check the Kitchen aide website.
      I think Greg’s grandfather came over as a young man. All of his grandparents were born in Lithuania-actually his dad’s oldest brother Stan was born there too. Stan had a twin named Ann who died when she was about three. Greg’s paternal grandfather was hit by a car and killed-this was in America-when Greg’s Dad was 16 so he had to quit school and go to work then. I’m not sure if Greg’s other grandparents spoke English or not. I would guess not. I know both of his parents spoke Lithuanian so I imagine they used it to talk to their parents (Greg’s grandparents) I imagine they could get by not speaking English as they lived in a neighbored where everyone was the same ethnicity.
      My parents spoke Polish even though both they and my grandparents were born here. In Chicago many of the neighborhoods were broken into ethnic groups and when my parents went to school Polish was taught in the school so you were automatically bilingual.
      Greg never spoke Lithuanian but he did work on projects around the house with his grandfather so I guess he would just show him how to do things and teach him that way.
      Gail

• Barbara Smith
      Participant

Glad to read that most of you all are having some thawing out, and none of those subzero temps. That was awful. We were so cold here. But today we have warmed up to 70 and then the thunderstorms began, and according to the forecast will stay here in waves of them all night and all day tomorrow. Our pond is already filled to the top so we are really getting a lot of rain. But they are also saying that I think tomorrow or it could be Saturday that the temp will be in the high 60’s all day but start dropping around 5pm and plunge to the low 20’s that night and back to cold again. This has been such a strange winter for us. And it sounds like for you all too. It is so scary to drive when it turns freezing like that after rain and warm temps. It is so hard for me to believe that the temperature can plunge 40 plus degrees in just hours, but I have seen it happen here before. I think that is one reason people get sick. At least it seems so to me.
      So sorry you Mom fell Colleen. Hope she is doing better now. I too was wondering if she wears one of those medic alert devices? I really considered one myself after my sickness, but Jerry stayed close so I was able to call him if I needed something or just got scared. But I would have surely gotten one otherwise. Prayers for your mom.
      Gail, I too watched a lot of the jewelry shows. I love looking even if I can’t buy. I am like you Sue, I was able to get some beautiful pieces years ago, and even though I see so much I would love to have, I just can’t make myself justify a new piece unless it is something that is really really special to me. It has hurt my feeling a little that none of my DIL’s seem interested in the pieces I would love to pass down. I thing their taste runs differently than mine, which is fine, but some of my things mean so much to me that I would love for someone young to wear and love them like I did. Actually they have pieces that put mine to shame so guess that might have something to do with it lol
      I bet Ron is really enjoying his sausage making. You may have more sausage than you know what to do with since he is so much like Jerry. He sort of goes overboard (Jerry) lol
      Better go and see if we need to start building an ark. Our kitty has already gone to bed. He pulls the quilt up over him and all you can see is a lump.. ha ha Take care everyone. Barbara

• Barbara Smith
      Participant

We had so much rain and thunderstorms all night and most of today. It seems to be calm right now, but we are to have the temps drop so much before midnight. Colleen, how does your daughter and her family like living in Tenn? Are they closer to Nashville or to Chattanooga? Both have some beautiful areas around the cities. I meant to tell you the last time I wrote that Jerry and his Dad years ago built all these bee hives and collected honey and would make the biggest mess you ever saw with that sticky stuff. The boys and I learned the hard way that bees have like a “highway” that they fly to and from the flowers or whatever and they use the same path, and if you don’t get out of their way during the collecting nectar time they pop you and then sting you if you are there when they fly back. Jerrys Dad had this huge drum that he would set up right in the middle of his kitchen and spin the honey. Then Neal would take jars of his honey to a local farm store where Neal worked as a teenager and sell it. All in all it was a great teaching time for the boys but Jerry managed to drop a pint jar one day and it was a horrific mess to clean. Paw Paw fed his bees too with sugar water so his honey was clear and tasted really good. We kept the last jar we had that he gave us. None of us could bring ourselves to open it.
      I surely understand what you are saying about how hard it is for the young people to take time off their jobs and then to afford the high cost of seeing a doctor and all the tests and bills, Gail. I know we are so worried about them that I know I forget this in my anxious state to see what is going on. They take so much money out of their checks for insurance, just like they do with us and then we have to face all the other bills coming in. I looked at my statement when we just went in to get our prescriptions refilled, Dr. did nothing but walk in and ask us was this our refill visit, chatted a couple of minutes and left. The office bill for each of us was over 200 but thank God for insurance. But I just think it is terrible. Well, better get off that soap box.
      I just love Kirks Folly things. I bought my Rainbow Bridge brooch years ago. Still looks just beautiful. I kind of feel that you can’t have too much sparkle. If I watch her show I know I will end up buying something. I’m glad you like yours too Adele. Sue, DD, Colleen, do you all have any of their pieces? On dreary days like today I really want to wear something pretty. But my achy bones have me in my Cuddle Duds and Auto Kitty is actually laying at my feet on a warm bath towel from the dryer. lol Jerry is not in good shape today from this rainy weather and now cold. I worry about him so much. But when we go to he dr. at the end of the month I will talk with him.
      Please be careful about those measles DD. I cannot imagine how scary this is getting in your area. Have they found the source yet? We had an outbreak of Chicken Pox in our area back when I was working and we had to put everyone in the unit in reverse isolation to protect the patient from the visitors. It was a mess.
      Sue has the snow melted any for you? Sure hope so and that you are able to safely be out and about again. Take care when you do. Would you think the Dept. on Aging for your state would help with you getting your drive or walk cleared off since it is so dangerous for you? Just a thought. Take care everyone. Barbara

• adele shanbar
      Participant

Hi Colleen
      the parade was on Tuesday, and the weather was in the 60’s. Can you imagine?? I made the pigs in a blanket last night for dinner, with baked beans….LOL Gary was thrilled. He will eat a hot dag, any way, any day.
      That is one heck of a new hobby for Ron. When did he get interested in making sausage, and why? I find that very interesting. Wow. You can make great Italian meals with sausage.
      I hope the weather out there is nto too bad. On the news tonight, it looked pretty awful, all over the midwest.
      you are not going to believe this one. Tillie came up today, stayed until after dinner, and even had tea with me. However, she is still doing the ” goign down” thing, where her legs start to collapse. I hope with the lesser amount of gabapentin, this will stop.
      So, what have you been cooking with the sausages?
      how has your Mom been doing?
      Hope everyone is ok at your place, and that you are all safe from the weather.
      Adele

• adele shanbar
      Participant

Colleen
      Forgot to say, it wasn’t nice what the Rams did. It felt like the stole the championship.
      We are still on a Patriots high up here in Mass.
      Adele

Dd
      hey!! Glad You got back on, and love the kitty pics!! you didn’t miss much,a most of the speech was lies, with one huge threat thrown in there.
      I would just love it, if he could speak the truth, just once. the “unity” thing felt like a joke, as he is the one who tears everyone apart. A terrible shame, and such a waste of his legacy. Can you imagine what the history books will say some day?
      It looks like you are the only one with decent weather. Go DD!
      Tomorrow is our favorite night- Blue Bloods.
      Have a good one.
      Adele
      PS…read the post to Colleen for all the news.

• adele shanbar
      Participant

Hey DD
      thank you for the congrats on the Pats.
      I hope the snow disappears, so you can get back out to do your errands. The middle of the country looks awful right now.
      Hope you have a good night!
      Adele

• adele shanbar
      Participant

Hey Sue
      I am so glad your area had some melting. That is great news for you!!
      I heard the same thing, snow and or ice is on the way for next week. Did you see the news tonight, with the awful storms in the midwest? I hope all our buddies are safe and sound.
      I think reading a book was a great choice. At one point, I actually fell asleep. Gary found that very funny.
      I hope you do nto get any snow the next time it storms.
      We are getting colder, and some combo is in the near future to annoy us all….LOL
      I was nto thrilled with the Quacker show, either. Nothing gave me a real good belly laugh. I guess we are all missing all the stories, and humor of the past with Jeanne. It is so sad she is gone. She was such a bright light. It is nothing against Angel or Antoinella, just will never be the way it was. Sad.
      hope you have a good night.
      Adele

• adele shanbar
      Participant

Go DD!
      that is the best to have yummy left overs. you get the same great meal, with little effort. Best ever…..we will be right over!
      Adele

• adele shanbar
      Participant

OMG, Colleen’
      Prayers sent to you and your Mom. I hope she doesn’t fall again. That is so scary. Did they keep her because they thought she had a concussion? I hope not. I hope it was only for observation.
      Our Moms are giving us hives!

Gail
      I totally agree. I owuld love to go back in time, and talk to the relatives I never knew, or ask questions of the ones I did know. When we are older, we have very different things to ask about.
      Adele

• adele shanbar
      Participant

Hey Gailster
      So, did hog heaven include a nice purchase?? LOL One for Valentine’s day, perhaps??
      read the other posts, please, to get all the daily news……
      I am praying you are all safe out there, as it looked awful on our news.
      Glad you got the butterfly set. Somehow that had your name on it! Tillie and I got the black hoodie with the pretty flowers. I got it in gray too.
      I hope you and greg are safe and sound, as well as Jenny and the kids. Saying a prayer for all of you.
      did you see the Gronk at the parade? he was a hoot. he was on Jimmy fallon last night- we recorded it, so I do nto know what he did yet.
      I thought the same thing- that poor woman got crushed in between all those huge men.
      Hope you and Greg are all snuggled together to keep warm….
      Adele

• adele shanbar
      Participant

Hey everyone
      Our email went down yesterday, and all these notices came in a funky way. Some were duplicates. So, I hope I saw them all, and answered everyone.
      Please let me know if I missed anything important!
      Adele

• adele shanbar
      Participant

Hey barbara
      Our temps have been like yours. Last night it dropped more than 40 degrees, and we were supposed to get ice. Somehow, we did not, and that was good.
      Next week is supposed to be weird too. A storm is predicted for Wed or Thur- not sure yet. i feel the same way you do- with all these weird temps and weather, no wonder we are all sick. We need the cold to kill the bacteria.
      I hope and your kitty had a nice rest in bed. Nothing like a cat purring that makes you feel warm and snuggly.
      Maybe your grands will love your jewelry. even the boys can give pieces they love to their wives some day. (You can see I am hoping you will have many. many, more grands in your life)
      You know, the kids have not even had a snow day yet? ( at least not one I can think of) how strange is that?
      I hope you didn’t get the 5 tornadoes they were talking about on the news. All these weather events are so scary. Global warming is oigng to make us all nuts.
      hope your night is good!
      Adele

• adele shanbar
      Participant

Hey Barbara
      did you end up with tornadoes? I hope to God not! You all know how scared i am of those horrible things. I pray for the people who were impacted by all 5 of them.
      You can see how weird the weather has been, when we are all worrying about each other, and always asking if we are all ok.
      I am saying extra prayers for Jerry. I hope you can get some news that helps him at his doctor appointment at the end of next week.
      Did I tell you Heather has a double ear infection that is pretty severe? she didn’t get the cold, but she is sure not feeling good with those ears of hers. She has been using the prescription ear drops since last Friday, and still one ear is hurting.
      I just hope everyone is able to stay safe, warm, and healthy for the rest of this winter.
      Love all you guys!!
      Adele

• Dianne Danielson
      Participant

Hi Ladies,
      I’m fine out here. We had a quasi-snowstorm the other day/night. It came down from Canada, of course, but instead of covering all of POrtland, it hit the East side the hardest. I;m on the West side & barely got a dusting. Some areas of the west side didn’t see any snow at all!!! Strange how that happened.
      They say we’re supposed to get more later tonight & maybe later in the week. It’s when they don’t see it coming that it really hits!! I can think of at least 2 storms that hit Portland several yrs ago & they were surprized when they hit. At least it happened on the weekend, altho if we get more storms during the week that could be trouble. We don’t know how to drive in snow out here.
      I maintain you guys would get a belly laugh at us out here trying to navigate the snow. We panic is what we do!!!
      Colleen, I’m sorry to hear your mom fell. That can be traumatic to everyone. I hope she’s better.
      Barbara, so did you get yourself a Valentine present on gem day? Or KF? I don’t have any KF, but it’s sure pretty. Unusual too. You don’t see jewelry like that everywhere. The shows are on so later (middle of the night out here), I don’t get to see some of the shows. What’s early in the AM out there it’s wee hrs of the morning for me. I don’t have a DVR so I can’t record the shows. Maybe that’s a good thing.
      Gail, I take it you were delighted with gem day. I hope you got yourself something pretty.
      Ok, I didn’t mean to offend anyone, so I’ll see what I can find of puppies. Sorry.
      Well, that’s about it for now.
      take care & stay warm.
      dd & Jewell

Attachments:
    • Anonymous
      Inactive

DD I was not offended just with all the kitty pictures it would be nice to have some puppies. So thank you,
      I see we got a bunny too & some chicks. We had pet bunnies at one time too.

We are getting more snow right now this first round is not to be much, just a couple inches. Then tomorrow afternoon & Tuesday is to be a mess with, snow, ice & sleet. Then 30 – 40mpr winds. I am so sick of it just when we finally got rid of the last mess now more. I was hoping to get out to the store after my check comes on Wed. so will need to see if it is icy not going anywhere. Glad you did not get much. I know everyone here is ready for Spring.

• Gail Norusis
      Participant

Hi Everyone,
      DD, love the basket of Cavalier King Charles Spaniels. They have the sweetest faces.
      Sue, we must be on the same wave length. I got up this morning just thinking about how I am so tired of winter right now. And we will be getting rain and snow mixed tonight and tomorrow and then again Thursday and Friday.
      Colleen, I hope your Mom is doing all right.
      Barbara, some days I just stay in the Cuddle Duds too. There’s no sense in getting all dressed if i am just going to be stuck inside anyway.
      Adele, of course I got myself a sparkly. Guess what-it was a sleeping beauty turquoise-wait for it-butterfly necklace. lol
      We did go out for dinner Saturday night and it just felt so darn good to get out of the house.
      Have lots of baby sitting coming up as the kids have an early release on Wednesday and days off on Thursday,Friday and Monday. She’s going to have to find someone else over the summer as I don’t want to be there every afternoon all summer long. I can’t get anything done here if I have to do that. I am not a morning person so most of the things that I want to get accomplished I do in the afternoons. Hard to do if I’m not here.
      Gail

• adele shanbar
      Participant

Hi DD!
      I want the bunny with the little chicks….LOL
      We are getting 4 to 6 inches tomorrow. It may turn to rain at the end, on wednesday, so that may save us. I hope Sue will nto get lasted, as she has had enough. I don’t remember what the weather shwed for her area.
      I am glad you fared well in the storm. This has been a completely bizarre winter. the kids have yet to have a snow day- imagine that?
      How is Jewell? how has your back been? I am very achy today- storm coming would be the reason, I think. It will pass.
      hope your night is good. I am listening to AGt while I wait for Gary to come out here for dinner- he just got back from the school.
      Adele

• adele shanbar
      Participant

Hey Sue!
      I hope you do get the change to rain after the snow. That way, you can get out on Wednesday and get your errands done.
      My friends nancy and gerald were coming tomorrow. they were going to come early, so they would miss the snow. Bit, Bobby got sick last night, and has been throwing and sleeping all day, so we cancelled. I don’t want anyone getting sick from us! So, they will come next week.
      Hope you are warm and having some hot chocolate. AGT is on!
      Adele

• adele shanbar
      Participant

Hey Gailster!
      I can’t believe the weather all of you are getting, and we have had no snow to speak of. New England is supposed to have more than anyone else. What is up with that? We are getting snow tomorrow, but it may change to rain at the end on Wednesday.
      hey…I am all for staying as comfy as possible at home. Why be uncomfortable? We have earned our comfy clothes.
      I knew you woudl get that butterfly necklace…..LOL LOL It had your name all over it. Go Gailster!
      I am in the middle of getting everything ready for taxes….help!
      AGT is on. I wonder who will win tonight. The crazy guy shooting his wife is on- hate those acts- too scary for me.
      I get it about watching the kids while Jenny works. As we are older, and our window of ability each day is limited, it gets hard to make a daily commitment. So much is affected by our abilities, and it stinks.
      I saw a pic of Piper on Facebook today in her princess dress. how cute is she!
      Have a good night.
      Adele

• Colleen
      Participant

Hi All,
      Thank you for the prayers and well wishes for my mom. She is doing great. She did not break any bones but does have a shiner and a knot on her forehead. She has a cut or a rug burn on her forehead. She is getting around pretty good and not wanting us to stay any more. She wants us to come over every day but we can go home and not spend the night. She wants us all to be with our spouses and not with her. She worries that she is causing us too much trouble. So I have to go back tomorrow and help her.
      We had Aliza over the week-end. That child is so active it is hard to keep up with her. She wanted tp play hide and seek but all you had to do is ask where she was and she would tell you. So she was not hard to find. One good thing she eats really good.She ate every thing that I cooked.
      I just thought I would check in. I have a lot of catching up to do. So hopefully I will by tomorrow night.
      Have a great night
      Colleen

• Gail Norusis
      Participant

Hi Colleen,
      I’m glad your Mom is doing so well. You will be busy for awhile going back and forth I guess.
      Those little ones can really wear you out. I know Piper wants all our attention all the time and I am just not used to that anymore. I’m used to doing my own thing. lol I doubt our grands would eat most of the regular stuff that I cook so you are lucky that Aliza does.
      Here’s something funny. Piper loves mashed potatoes so I made a big bowl of them at Christmas and she didn’t like them because they weren’t like her Mom’s-dehydrated from a box. lol On the other end of the spectrum-my Mom was a working Mom and every once in a while she would make potatoes from a box and I hated them as I was used to real potatoes. When she would make them I would always announce-“Mommy made fake potatoes!” When I look back on it now she probably wanted to smack me for making the announcement and making her feel bad. lol
      Gail

• Gail Norusis
      Participant

Hi Adele,
      Yes, here I am sitting in my Cuddle Duds with my jewelry on. lol Personally I can’t wait until the weather gets better and i can get out and about and have a reason to put actual clothes on. It’s snowy and icy today again-then we have a couple days break and it will snow again on Friday. We still can’t get out to the barn to get the plow out so i suggested to Greg that we hire someone else to plow and i could tell he didn’t like that but to me it’s better than having a driveway with just two tire ruts through the snow. He never likes to ask for or pay for help-and I’m all for it if it would make our lives easier. he thinks he should be able to still do everything. i guess i will have to go down the street to the Siberian husky rescue and see if they can hook up a dog sled to mush him out to the barn. Personally I think he should leave the truck/plow outdoors next to the garage during the winter so it is easier to get to. I could never under stand why he puts it out there where he has to drive through the snowy yard to get to the driveway. It always seemed not very practical to me but sometimes I have to let him figure these things out for himself as if I say something he thinks I’m being naggy. Doesn’t he know after all these years of marriage that his wife knows best? lol
      Gosh our kids have had a bunch of snow days and late starts-add those to all the early releases and days off and they have hardly been in school since they went back after Christmas. lol
      Piper was all dressed up to go to the Daddy-Daughter dance. Kendall didn’t want to go. They are so different-opposites actually. Piper had also just gotten her ears pierced that day. I wonder how long that will last. I know I made Jenny wait until about 5th grade when i felt she was responsible enough to make sure the ears were cleaned every day and the earrings were turned. I know Kendall had them pierced when she was younger and then one of her lobes ripped and that was the end of that. I guess Piper wants to be prepared in case I want to pass on some of my jewelry. lol
      I hope Bobby is feeling better. That throwing up stuff sucks.
      I hope things are still going well with Tillie too.
      Gail

• adele shanbar
      Participant

Hi Colleen!
      I am so glad to hear your Mom is doing better. tillie says the same thing- that she causes everyone so much trouble. I guess they feel they are in our way. I am always telling her nobody minds. After all, we will get there too some day.
      Is it hard to go back and forth with all the bad weather you are all getting? That is the worst this time of year. Has it been as bad as it looks on our news, in our town? We are getting a storm today, and a lot of the schools are closed, or closing early. Saugus has a full day, and I hope they did nto make a mistake. Even Tillie’s nurse came real early today, as she is afraid of the storm coming too.
      I hope your Mom continues to do well, and doesn’t fall anymore. that is the scare we all worry about.
      Bobby was real sick Sunday night, into today. Steph, Jhonny, and the boys were here while Bobby had help from Jhonny putting up his new TV. he moved his old TV to Tillie’s living room, and hers came up here to our kitchen. Our kitchen one is going into our bedroom…..LOL So with Bobby getting a new TV, all the other TV’s got an up-grade. Gary is real excited the TV in the bedroom will be bigger. One thing he loves, is his TV. I had to order a new wall TV mount, as this TV is bigger than the one in there now- it is supposed to arrive today, and Gary is quite excited to get it up.
      I ahve to tell you this funny. So, true to his personality, Bobby was real honery Sunday night, and then the vomiting started a couple of hours later. when he was little, before he got sick, he would be on his worst behavior. He would be grounded, or punished, and then got sick . Which then made me feel bad I punished him. It was always the same- miserable behavior, and then, BAM….the kid was sick. When I told them all that story yesterday, they were hysterical. Only thing is, we are all worried that Jhonny will get it, as he hasn’t had a shot. Neither has Steph. Bobby feels very bad that he may have spread his germs. Nothing we can do, accept say a prayer everyone will be ok.
      I hope everyone else is good at your place!
      Adele

• adele shanbar
      Participant

OMG, Gailster- that is hysterical about you and your Mom, and the potatoes.
      Adele

• adele shanbar
      Participant

Hey Gailster!
      I am in my Anybody lounger pants, with my Denim and Co velvet zip hoodie, and Isaac Mizrahi sleeveless mock turtleneck…..LOL I have purchased just about everyone’s sleeveless mock turtlenecks for my “under the jacket” shirt for winter. I have found that wearing the turtlenecks makes my neck and shoulder hurt less. I wish Quacker woudl come out with sleeveless mock turtlenecks. I have every one of Quackers cotton button front jackets- just got the black and gray ones from the show. I loved the Fall, and Christmas ones, and used them all season.(with the turtlenecks under) Actually, I had the green pumpkin one on yesterday. I was hoping they would come out with a Valentine’s and Easter one too!
      I totally agree- Greg should leave the plow closest to the house, or how can you get into it easily in a storm?? Men don’t think like we do.
      Well, Bobby went to work today, and Aizen was throwing last night. Steph did nto get a flu shot for Aizen. So far, none of the rest of us got sick…..prayers needed….lol
      If the kids have no school tomorrow, it will be their first snow day of the year. Very weird.
      Oh yes, I agree that Piper is waiting for the gems to come her way. that child will sparkle her way through life.
      I need to keep my fingers crossed, but, they are talking about ending with Tillie in 2 weeks. I just hope she doesn’t go backwards again. Well, she ordered some Quacker, and had a huge order coming from Macy’s too, so….she’s back!!
      did you see AGt last night?? I have no idea who will win. How can they choose just one act?
      We are getting 4 to 6 inches of snow…….then add some ice after the snow is done.
      Hope your weather is better…..
      Adele

• Gail Norusis
      Participant

The truck is now in the parking space next to the garage. He finally got out to the barn. Had to chip the overhead door open as it was frozen shut with ice. Almost didn’t get through the yard up to the driveway but he finally made it. It wouldn’t have been the first time that we had to get the truck towed out of the yard.
      Forgot to tell you AGT is getting two new judges this summer. Heidi and Mel B are doing other things so they are bringing in Gabrielle Union and Julie Anne Hough. Don’t know much about Gabrielle. Sometimes Julie anne could be a pain on DWTS so we’ll see how that goes. I will miss Heidi. I think Terry Crewes is doing a good job as host. I liked Nick but Tyra always made me feel a little uncomfortable although she did grow on me.
      Gail
      I like the migration of the televisions. lol

• Dianne Danielson
      Participant

Hi Ladies,
      Just a quick note. I don’t know what’s in the news back there, but we’re getting hammered. Heavy rain down here, causing flooding in low lying areas, heavy snow in the higher elevations, you name it we have it. We had the 2 driest/warmest months of Dec. & Jan. which are normally our wettest/coldest months of the yr. Here comes Feb., & somebody flipped the switch, & BAM we have everything coming at us. We’re making up for what we didn’t get those 2 months. It’s truly bizarre how the West side of Portland didn’t see much if any snow the other day & the East side got hammered & still has most of that snow. The skiers are jumping for joy cuz the ski resorts are recording feet of snow instead of inches of snow now. Just be aware that what’s going on here will make it’s way East.
      Did you see the pre-season gardening shows today. Makes me sad I can’t have any flowers here. I used to have a bunch of pots of mini roses, but they’re all gone now. sigh.

Well, that’s about it for now. take care, & stay safe & warm.
      dd

dd

Attachments:
    • Colleen
      Participant

Hi Gail,
      Piper is so funny. You would think that they would like the real potatoes better then the box potatoes. Leave it to young kids to let you know your potatoes are not as good as her moms. If nothing else they are honest and do say what they think.
      That is funny about Greg with the truck. He is a typical male. Why do the thing that makes more sense. I bet you were happy when he finally moved the truck and he can clean the drive way. Does he still clean the parking lot where the apartments are? He must have had to do that a lot with all the snow that you have gotten this year. We got a dusting of snow and I think that all of you got the snow and ice.
      Did Piper have a good time at the father daughter dance? that is so cool that they had the dance. Did Kendall go or did she stay home. That is sad that she did not want to go. Maybe the next time she will go.
      The poor kids will be going late into the summer to make up the days that they missed. Our kids missed some days but they close the schools if it is just snow flurries. They did close when it as so cold. It as good when they did that the poor kids would have froze to death waiting the bus.
      Colleen

• Colleen
      Participant

Hi Adele,
      For the first time mom is talking about dying. She really makes me feel uncomfortable when she does that. I just told her that she has to be here for my 50th anniversary. She just laughs. I really hope when I go back she will not talk like that. I am going to see if she is saying things like that to my brother.
      Poor Bobby. I hope he is feeling better. That is not good that Aizen has it now. Maybe he will not get it too bad. I will be praying for all of you. I hope no one else catches it. It is not good to go without a flu shot this year. It seems like the flu is really bad this year.
      That was a lot of tvs being moved. I am glad that everyone was happy with the tv they got. It will be nice when you get the things to hang the tv in your room.
      Bobby has not changed since he was a kid. That is funny that he acted the same way. Well you will always know when he is going to get sick. He acts up before he is going to get sick.
      Colleen

• Colleen
      Participant

Hi DD,
      Sounds like you are really having a lot of bad weather. I hope that you do not have any flooding The weather this winter is really crazy. You never know from one day to the next what is going to be like.
      I like all the pictures that you have posted. Any animals pictures that you post are really cute. I like the rabbits also. It will not be long until it is Easter. It will be spring and nice weather. We will actually see some flowers blooming. Easter is in the later part of April this year so we should not have to worry.
      Well that is about all from here. Be careful if you have to go out. Have a great night.
      Colleen

• Barbara Smith
      Participant

I surely hope your poor boys are feeling better Adele. That is such a sick feeling. Our little one is sick too. Neal said he is some better today. Doesn’t it just make you feel so badly when you know your family doesn’t feel good? That is something that Bobby does the same as he did when he was little. Bet you did have some guilt feelings but how could you know? I don’t know if you all carry banana popcicles in your grocery stores where you live, but I always kept a few in the freezer when the boys were little. They always get so dehydrated when they would have that sickness, and it just seemed that the frozen pops would help them and if they held it down than I knew we had turned the corner and would get better. I think now they have some fancy fluid replacement pops. But Neal still uses the banana ones.
      I bet that does worry you with your Mom talking about passing on Colleen. Mabey it was just a thought and she wanted some reassurance from you. We went out and visited Jerrys Mom on Sunday. We wanted to bring her home for awhile, but they actually advised us (away from her) that they were worried about US trying to catch her is she went to fall or something, and that she gets colder on rainy days, like that day was. They just said they knew Jerry would hurt himself to try to keep her from getting hurt, which is true, and I really appreciated that they were honest with him. Jerry just thinks he can do whatever the situation calls for, and like your husbands sometimes do, he gets himself in a place he shouldn’t be. But we had a very good visit. When it got dinner time she was really ready for us to go LOL; so she could eat and then they told us she is in bed by 7, but she has always gone to bed early and gets up around 6. She still does.
      Love your pictures DD; especially the hen warming up the little puppy. We raised chickens for years, well actually my FIL and the boys did. The chickens were like pets and they would just cluck and talk to the boys and Paw Paw. Our little ones would gather eggs and I was always SO afraid that there would be an old snake in the nest but than God there never was. They had brown eggs. Tasted just the same to me, but his chickens were so pretty. We had a rooster who wasn’t nice. He would wait for Paw Paw to be bent over in his garden picking something, and that old rooster would just stretch out running and jump up feet first and stick PawPaw right in the butt with his claws. That would make him so mad that he would try to chase him, but of course couldn’t catch him. My FIL would be yelling “if I ever catch you just know you will be in the stew pot before the sun sets” lol He steered clear of my Fil, but they definitely had a “strained” relationship. ha ha Thanks for bringing back some beautiful memories for me. We have had a tremendous amount of rain too. How is your weather doing Sue? Been thinking of your area and praying that you are able to be out and about again. Did you find any special Quacker piece? I did order the olive green jumper that was on sale. I know my legs don’t need to be shown, but I don’t care. I can wear it with a tee underneath, and be nice and cool and comfy this summer. It had big square pockets on the front and I love it. I really need to write Angel. She does such a good job. I love Antonella too, but she just seemed off a little on one of the shows. She loves pretty jewelry, and I do too. I bet she buys a lot especially with their discount for working there. Gail, there was an opal and diamond ring I really liked, but just had to say no. We have so many things going on family wise right now that I need to wait. Funny thing, they just said something about Valentines Day being tomorrow on TV, and I was watching Jerry, and he got this sick look on his face. lol
      That is sweet about the Father Daughter dance. Would have loved a Mother Son dance, but the boys would have been so embarrassed. We always have hugged and told each other how much we love each other, but little boys have a hard time changing from little to big. Take care everyone, and here’s wishing each and every one a Valentine Day hug from Tennessee. Take care, Barbara

• Gail Norusis
      Participant

Hi Barbara,
      We had chickens many years ago too but we had no roosters just for the very reason you mentioned-they can be ornery.
      Our neighbors had a rooster and we would feed their chickens, horse and pigs if they were gone. You used to have to take a baseball bat into the coop when you collected eggs in order to keep the rooster away. I wonder what makes roosters so crabby?
      I hope Collin is feeling better.
      Since I can’t get a flu shot I just try away from sick people as much as I can. Greg went to the doctor and the cold that he had has turned into a sinus infection.
      Keep warm.
      Gail

• Gail Norusis
      Participant

Hi Colleen,
      Piper did have a good time at the dance with her Dad. I think Adam’s brother went with his daughter too so I imagine the little girls probably hang out together and the men sit around and talk. lol I can’t quite picture Piper actually dancing with her 6′ 5″ Dad. lol He would have to be on his knees. lol
      Greg does have to plow by the apartment building and also use the snow blower on the sidewalks there. If we can ever get the right buyer we want to sell the place. it has never been much of a money maker and the older we get the more trouble it is actually. The only problem is we bought when the real estate market was high and now it isn’t.
      Yesterday he had to go try to plow at Jenny’s so I could get into the driveway to baby sit. She left her garage door opener in the mailbox so he plowed around the mailbox so I could just drive up and pull it out and open the garage door and pull in and then I didn’t have to try walking on snow or ice. Ever since i fell there after babysitting a couple of years ago we are all paranoid about me walking on snow. There was an ice storm last week and all the stores around here were all sold out of ice melt. We ended up using water softener salt on our driveway to help a little bit. I’m really getting tired of all this. I want to see the ground again.
      Gail

• Gail Norusis
      Participant

Hey DD,
      That is funny-the chicken sitting on the puppy! lol!
      Gail

• Gail Norusis
      Participant

Hi Adele,
      Yes, Piper did tell me yesterday that now that she had her ears pierced I can pass along any earrings that I might not want. lol
      I totally forgot that today is Valentine’s Day. I will have to make Greg a card. lol I think he probably forgot too.
      Piper had a heart that she made in school so we had to find a gift bag so she could give it to her Mom today. I thought that was so sweet. She also added a little candy heart that she had gotten at school to the bag.
      I remember when our kids were little they made Valentines boxes and exchanged cards at school. Now they give candy as i guess most of the cards have candy attached to them now. Things have changed. I remember how the kids would come home and show me all the cards. Now they could care less about the cards as it’s all about the candy. lol Someone had a brilliant marketing idea as I’ll bet it costs more now too.
      So Jenny’s new dog was neutered Monday and he was wearing an Elizabethan collar. So after i got there I’m trying to take it off so he can do outside and eat and drink and he wants no part of me. I finally get his collar unbuckled but then he runs away from me and I still have to get the plastic collar apart to get it off him. I finally backed him into a corner in the hallway and got the darn thing off. So now he’s more afraid of me than he was before. lol Hopefully he’ll eventually learn that i am not a threat but I will make him mind. He is goofy-he loves the snow and will go out and roll in it and stick his nose down in it.
      This has just proved to me that if we ever get another dog i will have to get an older dog who isn’t so active. lol
      I hope your family is all feeling better. I’m glad to hear that Tillie is back shopping again.
      Gail

• adele shanbar
      Participant

Hey Gailster
      At least there is some progress toward getting the plow out. I hope Greg doesn’t hurt himself. the ice is so awful to walk on.
      I do nto like Julianne Hough. She can be a real pain the the butt. i think it will turn people off. I know she turns me off. I ahve never seen Gabrileel in a more personal role- just on screen. I don’t even remember seeing her on a talk show.
      Hope your day is snow and ice free. I have been working on taxes….yuck.
      Adele

• adele shanbar
      Participant

Hi DD!
      I love the lamb picture- what a cute shot that is.
      I just saw a spot on the news about the snow in Washington state. I hope the weather is better today. It is sunny here, for a change.
      i did a pre order on a lemon tree, and I intend to keep it inside. they had trimmed the one on the show, and it was 6 years old, so you could keep it indoors. I figured it would smell real good, and I would have nice fresh lemons.
      I hope your weather is better today too. The sun is out here- woohaa!!
      Friday night, Blue Bloods is on the way……..
      Adele

• adele shanbar
      Participant

HAPPY VALENTINES DAY

Hey Colleen!
      Well, the kids had school here, and still no snow day. I think that is just too funny. This week is the last before February vacation next week. Do your kids get a February vacation?
      I know what you mean about your Mom. After tillie’s first hospital stay of a couple of day, she started to talk like that, and cry all day long. I still feel it was mostly caused by the doctor telling her she had cancer. It was all downhill from there, until the next hospital stay. Watch out that your mom does not get depressed, as it shows in weird ways in the elderly. The panic attacks Tillie had looked like early Alzheimer’s. i hope that doesn’t happen to your Mom too. If it does, maybe you would be able to recognize it faster, and get her some help. Things are so different in elderly, and I was used to dealing with children.
      I hope the weather in your area is better, so you and Ron can get around better, and there is nothing in the way of visiting with your Mom.
      hope you are having a good Valentines day.
      Adele

• adele shanbar
      Participant

Hey Barbara
      that was a hysterical story about your FIl and the rooster. OMG, i laughed so hard, and everyone needs a good laugh! So, did the rooster ever get cooked? LOL LOL
      Well, Valentines day will be me alone here, doing the taxes. Gary is in NH, seeing his customers, and then right to the school, to help with the adult auto body course. I am betting a lot of the students will not show up, as their wives could be ticked off they are left on Valentines day. If so, he could be home earlier than 8pm, and that would be nice.
      Bobby is better, as well as Aizen. Tillie was feeling funky last night, and I pray she doesn’t get it.
      So, Tillie just called me to say Quacker was on TV- how funny is that! She’s back…….

I will make all you girls laugh on Valentines day……
      So, as I am doing taxes, no cooked involved dinners this week. Last night was to be a quick meatloaf, for the middle of the week, and Gary forgot to take the meat out of the freezer Tue night. So, I decided to use the little cocktail hot dogs I ahd for Super Bowl, and do a “beanie-weenie”, in a pot with baked beans. I defrost the hot dogs. Gary is in the shower, and I go to get out the can of beans. No beans, but, I have about 5 cans of soup! Gary did the “pantry check” for the shopping list, and told me we had cans of beans. Not.
      So, he comes out for dinner, which is now weenies without the beanies…….. We ended up with cocktail hot dogs, with bread, as we didn’t even have hot dog rolls.
      So, I am up for the Wife of the Year Award again…… and baked beans were added to the shopping list……..LOL LOL
      We rounded off our great meal with a hot fudge sundae. Thank God we had some hot fudge left!
      Adele

• adele shanbar
      Participant

DD, Sue, and Gail…..forgot to say Happy Valentines to you.

Colleen….forgot to say hope your mOm gets better soon

Barbara….forgot to say hope little Colin is better by today.
      Adele

• adele shanbar
      Participant

Hey Gailster
      So, will Piper get a pair for the beginning of her collection? I love when the kids wear a piece I gave them. Sometimes I think it will be sad when the girls split up my jewelry. I know Heather wants the religious medal I wear all the time when I go out. She has my Aunt Mary’s on her neck all the time. It is her favorite piece. So morbid for Valentines day….
      Please read my post to Barbara, and all to read about our disaster of a dinner last night. Tonight is salad with honey roasted turkey breast sandwiches.
      I think it is adorable that Piper gave her candy to her mom. How sweet is that! i don’t think the kids in school here do the cards anymore. i think that is sad. the elementary school has a new Principal, who is very kid friendly, and reinstituted the music program at the school. So, maybe when Aizen is in school this coming year, there will be Valentines parties again.
      that is hysterical about the new puppy. he may be running away from you for the rest of his life. I have a very funny visual of you and the dog, all around Jenny’s house until you have him cornered. Was he growling, or just plain scared to death? So, we will not be able to call you the Puppy Whisperer?????
      Hope your day is good, and the ice melting out your way.
      Adele….I have to get back to my taxes…..

• Colleen
      Participant

Hi All,
      The visiting nurse came to visit mom and she is really sick again. She still has a bladder infection and they do not understand why. She has been having really back back pains so the nurse kept calling til she got a hold of the guy over them. They got her all set up for tests today and I am just waiting to hear what happened. Maybe that is why she is talking about dying. We could use a lot of prayers. Talked to all of you later.
      Colleen

• Gail Norusis
      Participant

Colleen,
      Prayers being said.
      Gail

• adele shanbar
      Participant

Hi Colleen
      Of course we are all sending prayers. I will say extra ones for your Mom. She is a strong woman, and she will be able to beat this. getting the right antibiotic is key> It would be better for them to have her go to the ER, and have the antibiotic in an IV. It gets into your system way faster.
      I hope all will be ok. Also praying for you, as it is hard to watch a loved one be ill.
      Love you all!
      Adele

• Anonymous
      Inactive

Gail, The American Rescue Dog Show is on Hallmark tonight at 8PM if you want to watch or tape.

Also you were talking mashed potatoes. Did you ever try the tubs of Bob Evans mashed potatoes? They are made with potatoes, milk & butter. You can microwave or heat on stove. They are pretty good. The girls in my recipe group on Facebook were saying how good they were so I tried them.

• Dianne Danielson
      Participant

Hi Ladies,
      I’m baaaaaack! I see you guys haven’t been on here all that much either, so I guess I haven’t missed a whole lot. Colleen, I’ve been sending prayers your way. I hope they were able to get her UTI under control with more antibiotics. Adele is right about the IV in her veins is far quicker than pills. I hope that by the time you read this she’s a lot better & back home.
      I apologize for not wishing everyone a Happy Valentine’s day the last time I was on here. So I hope all of you had a special day with your hubbies, & loved ones. A church group from a different church hosted a Valentine’s day dinner here. Lasagna, salad, garlic bread, cake & ice cream, & Kool Aid. They had a gospel singer from the church which I thought was a nice idea.

I don’t know if some of you got my FB post that I got last week that Rick Domeier’s mother had passed away. I know some of you don’t have Face Book, so I wasn’t sure if Sue or somebody had passed it along to the rest of you.
      Barbara, I’m so glad I was able to bring back those cherished memories about the chickens. Roosters are ornery & mean. Territorial I think. I got a chuckle out of it. Isn’t it funny how one picture can bring up memories long forgotten.

ahhhh, the sun has peaked out from behind the clouds just now. We had quite a wild week with storms. Good thing is the mts are back to normal snow pack for this time of yr. Somewhere between 3-4 feet of snow has fallen up there this past week. Not down here, we got lots of rain. A couple days we had local flooding in some areas. I’m high enough that it doesn’t happen here. Street corners if the grates aren’t cleared out, but that’s all.

Oh, did any of you see David on the Today show Sat. morning? By the time I got up they had children’s programs on. I don’t watch the Today show anyway.
      Well, I guess that’s all for today.
      Take care & stay well. I hope everybody’s feeling better now. The measles outbreak is still ongoing. almost 60+cases reported in Wa. now.

dd

Attachments:
    • adele shanbar
      Participant

Hi Sue
      Where do you get those mashed potatoes?
      how are things in your area? We got about 4 inches of snow, and it is still snowing but, very lightly.
      Adele

• adele shanbar
      Participant

Hi DD!
      Omg, that pic of the puppies all lined up on the couch is hysterical.
      When i was watching ITKWD, he mentioned he was on the Today show. I missed it. I woudl have loved to see him on there.
      I miss the private messages on facebook a lot, as I forget to click on the tab. I go in when I get messages on people’s birthdays, etc. I miss a lot on facebook….LOL
      I am glad you got to that nice Valentines party. You had a better time than I did. Gary was gone all day, and not home until around 8pm. He was wiped out when he got home, so we did nto go out on Friday either. Our delivery person (Frankie) is on vacation, so Gary ahs ahd to go out on the road, and he really cannot do all of that every day. He usually goes out on Thursday only, to see the NH customers. he will be back on Thursday of this week, so that is good.
      I am glad your weather is better. We had about 4 inches of snow last night.
      The kids are on vacation this week. It is good that they have some snow to play in, and do not have to go to school in it. Snow can be fun for the kids, but, not the rest of us. At least we got inches, instead of feet!
      Hope your day is going well.
      Adele

• Anonymous
      Inactive

Adele they have the mashed potatoes at any grocery store. Look for Bob Evans although there may be different brands. They have other sides too like macaroni & cheese. At my store they are by the bacon, sausage, lunch meat ect.
      We did not get snow from this one just ice & my walk is a mess again. Just when I have it cleared another one comes along. Getting another storm on Wed.

• adele shanbar
      Participant

Hey Sue!
      Dam- snow would have been easier on you. The ice is so scary at our ages. This is the first time we did not switch to ice, and I am so glad we did not. Gary would nto be able to go out in the ice.
      We are supposed to get another storm Wed night, into Thursday too. Not sure yet what we will get this time.
      Yesterday, I finally got the 2 throws I made for the boys done, and the pillows. One was his favorite Paw Patrol and the other was a cat pattern. I bet DD will love the cat one. I am attaching a pic for you to see. Unfortunately, the sewing, even though it was really simple, bothered my shoulder. the pain today is awful. I had the ice on ti, and took 2 Alleve’s too. The Alleve made it more bearable. i think I am goign to have to revisit the shoulder surgery, as this is getting real old.
      Hope you are staying warm and cozy. it is cold up here.
      Adele

Attachments:
    • Gail Norusis
      Participant

Hi Sue,
      Thank you so much for letting me know about the dog show. We had just gotten home from the city and I checked the Quacker site when we got home and saw the message so I set up the DVR to record it.
      I just missed all of Westminster. I know it comes up around Valentine’s Day and I just forgot to look for it on the TV guide. There used to be some notices of it coming but now that it is just on a sports channel or Nat Geo it doesn’t get as much attention. I missed that last week and also missed that Judy Collins was doing a concert at a place that we go to a lot. I still don’t know how I missed it as i always get emails from this place. I guess I just have not been paying attention and with all the bad weather have not been looking as hard for places to go. Anyway, I was kicking myself.
      I have had those Bob Evans potatoes at least I think that was the brand that I used. They are great for a quick side dish and a good size for two people.
      Sorry to hear that you are all icy again. I heard the other day that Chicago had precipitation of some
      sort every day in January.
      Gail

• Gail Norusis
      Participant

Hi DD,
      Love the butterfly quilt. I always have my eye open looking for one for our king sized bed. It’s easier to find them in throw sizes.
      I did see on the Quacker site about Rick’s mother.
      I guess I just don’t watch QVC as much as i used to since there are now all these new people again and I don’t know who any of them are anymore. I used to keep up with all of that.
      I always watch the Today show and just by accident I read on the Q boards that David was going to be on so I was sort of paying attention looking for him. I did see him. He made a pot sticker soup and a chicken pot pie. He uses a lot of premade stuff so I guess it’s supposed to be quick and easy dishes.
      Gail

• Gail Norusis
      Participant

Hi Adele,
      I like the pillows and blankets that you made for the boys. You are such a good sewer. I had a friend in college who taught me how to sew and we used to make dresses and wear them. i even remember making a pants and vest outfit. I made some curtains when we were first married but then I just lost interest and now i don’t like to sew at all. Not even a button or a seam. lol I used to knit back then too. Mostly something simple like a scarf or shawl. Every once in a while I still do. When those fuzzy scarfs were so popular a few years back I made some of those. I guess I liked them because they were quick and simple. I never did learn how to crochet from either my Mom or MIL who both crocheted. But I guess if i ever really wanted to i could find tutorials on YouTube. Back in college there was a girl that knitted the most beautiful Norwegian type sweaters. She was an artist! That stuff is much too complicated for me where you have three different colors going at the same time.
      Well, on Friday we had to baby sit and I had to go to the dentist so Greg had to go over alone until I got there. Fortunately by the time I arrived the kids didn’t have him tied up. lol Piper had him working on another jigsaw puzzle. Kendall was playing next door and they were playing summer camp and going to Camp Witchywonka or something. lol I don’t know who is baby sitting today. I am just glad i didn’t have to go out in the snow again. We got snow yesterday-again-and are expecting more tomorrow into Wednesday. When will this end?
      We went into the city for one of The Choirboys mother’s 90th birthday party. She’s kind of our surrogate mother since the rest of us have already lost our mothers. It was such a nice party in a beautiful new banquet room. She had nine children and a bunch of grandchildren and great grandchildren so it was mostly family with a few of us who are friends. It was a very nice luncheon and I’m so glad we were able to go. However, the ride home was a ride from hell. When we went in it was snowing hard by our house but the closer we got to the tollway the better it got. Well on the way home once again things weren’t too bad but the closer we got on the tollway to where we get off the snowier it kept getting. It’s about 45 minutes from when we get off the tollway until we get home. Yesterday it probably took us twice that long. On the highway we were behind a guy that was going about 20 and then he would slow down at every cross road. These are all country roads but in a snow storm with little visibility even though he’s going slow you don’t want to pass him as you can’t really see well. But I was so afraid that someone would get impatient and try to pass and cause an accident-that had me stressed. You probably couldn’t go more than 30 or 35 anyway-but he was just too slow. Of course when we turned off we were on back roads that had no traffic at all so we were going through fresh snow. Thank goodness for four wheel drive. When we got home Greg poured himself a nice stiff drink. lol
      I hope Gary’s trip out wasn’t that bad. I did like the story of the hot dogs without the beans. It’s called creativity in the kitchen. lol
      Gail

• adele shanbar
      Participant

OMG, Gailster!
      You two need to stay home before you become a statistic. You are too old for this weather. By the way, what is up with all the snow in your area?? We usually get blasted with storm after storm, and we got very little, or it changed to ice and rain. What is up with that?
      I can see Piper sitting with Greg and doing puzzles. They must be so cute together.
      Well, when The Aizen came over yesterday, he was tired from sleeping at Nonni’s. He was getting ticked off with JJ,and JJ found it quite amusing. I got to see Aizen’s “mad face” for the first time, and commented to Steph about it. So, she says….”yeah, isn’t it the cutest thing?” I wish I could have taken a pic of it, but,he wouldn’t look at me long enough. It was a real scream.
      Please, please, stay home when it snow from now on. You two are scaring the be-Jesus out of me!
      Adele

• Anonymous
      Inactive

Gail in case you missed it set your machine for tonight too as Part 2 is on tonight.

• Gail Norusis
      Participant

Sue,
      Thank you. I didn’t know that. I am so behind on my TV shows.
      Gail

• Gail Norusis
      Participant

Hi Adele,
      Well Jenny told me yesterday that she was home sick throwing up and now Greg is home today so I am presently walking around in a hazmat suit. lol Greg was already on an antibiotic last week because that cough thing that he had turned into a sinus infection so he already was sick.
      We normally wouldn’t go out in that weather for just anything but we really wanted to go to Mrs. C’s party. You just never know how much longer you will get to see these people-plus her son Bill was in from new York and we wanted to see him and his wife.
      We are supposed to get more snow and ice tonight and tomorrow and then a few clear days and more stuff on the weekend. I am about done with this stuff as I feel like a shut in.
      Plus during all this my brother was moving with himself and a dog and two horses from Colorado to Connecticut. So he started out during the polar vortex-broke down in southern Illinois-got to my sisters-spent an few days and finally got there the end of last week.
      I wish I could have seen Aizen’s mad face. Does JJ tease him a lot or do they normally get along pretty well. Sometimes I am amazed with the age differences how well Jenny’s three kids get along. Naturally there are some disputes but as a general rule they play together with their neighbor and their cousins really well. The neighbor is Kendall’s age and he is like an old soul. He’s always organizing these different games that they play-school-camp etc. he’s the only kid I know who would rather get gifts from the office supply store than a toy store. lol
      Nothing much cooking over here as Greg doesn’t feel much like eating. I’m starting to get a sore throat which is usually how I start out getting sick so I’m wondering what’s going on now. Keep your fingers crossed that i can fight this thing off.
      Gail

• Barbara Smith
      Participant

I am surely hoping and praying that everyone is feeling better. Gail, keep that hand sanitizer and I spray Lysol on doorknobs, telephones, faucet handles; well you name it, and it gets sprayed here. I actually spray everything once a week even if everyone is feeling good. So I wear the name “germaphobe” proudly. LOL We wore suits that looked like the ones worn in that movie “Outbreak” if you all may have seen it when I was working. Jerry always used to tease me when he would stop by and I would be suiting up. He was so afraid of my unit; and wouldn’t come past my office. I hope your Mom is feeling lots better too Colleen. My poor mother used to suffer with those bladder infections so often at later years. She would have to be hospitalized and get the IV antibiotics; but it would help her. Praying she is better, and glad your Mom is joining in family times Adele. I know this makes you feel so good when she is feeling good. There are so many people I would love to be able to sit and talk with from both my family and Jerrys that have passed on. Many I never even was able to meet, and some that I did meet I really didn’t ask things I wish that I had. You are right DD about how seeing a picture can bring back memories. Sometimes, I even remember something when I get like a whiff of a smell; especially in Spring or Summer, and it will take me back; years and years to a day or a moment, and I just savor it. It’s like God reminds me of how special that moment was; and he is giving me another chance to enjoy it. I really love all your pictures. You seem to know just how to pick the special ones we enjoy. Thanks for this.
      Well, Sue, I just don’t know what to say about your weather. It just finished pouring rain, thundering and all, but you have had to really face some hard times this winter. They are warning us that since it has not stayed consistently below freezing here this winter that the bad bugs that carry disease will be worse when it does come Spring and Summer. Great….so if that’s any consolation to you LOL. I do hope you were at least able to restock your pantry and fridge without having to slip and slide to do so. I am terrified of ice. I will not drive on it, and try not to ever have to walk on it. I bought some of those “gripper” things off of the Q years ago that slipped over the bottom of your shoes to help you walk on ice. I can remember seeing the lady with that huge block of ice and she would step up and down off of it with them on and I was nervous just watching her to do. ha ha But it did work for me, and now my DIL has them because I just huddle indoors.
      Jerry has a new problem. His left shoulder blade hurts him all the time. He actually broke it years ago; which they said at the time was a really unusual break; but it hasn’t really given him any problems until now. He stays with a heating pad on it most of the time these last few days, and we have our doctors appt. tomorrow; so will add that to the list. I do believe our rainy weather may have started his inflammation, but it usually gets better and is not in this area. I can see how badly he has continued to change as the years go by, but what really is worrying my is how he has lost so much pleasure in just getting out and doing simple things. There is a VFW hall in our little town, and I asked Joey if he would take all of us there one weekend and just let Jerry meet some men his age and hopefully strike up a conversation with them and enjoy himself. Joey said of course Mama. He is such a good man. I pray everyday that his life is good for them.
      Our little Colin is better. Yes, Gail, they are being transferred to North Carolina in a couple of months. We are so excited to see them. He has grown into quite a little man. We have missed them SO much. We can hardly wait.
      Your grands are really growing too. It just amazes me how super smart little ones are. They just soak up everything like little sponges.
      Better go for now. Take care everyone. Adele, I call your dinner my “what do we have in the pantry?” meal, and trust me, I have come up with some doozy combinations myself ha ha hugs, Barbara

• Anonymous
      Inactive

Barbara Thanks for your kind words. Yes we are getting another storm tomorrow but I think most of the Country is getting this one. Gail has been getting a lot & is sending them my way. One day we may see the ground again. I did get all my groceries stocked so I am good for a while again. I really wore myself out though. I use to work then get my groceries & put them away with no problem but now I get tired. I just cannot chance going out when it is bad. I am glad some of you understand the dangers winter brings. I think everyone around here has had enough. They are saying tomorrow is to be bad all day to stay home if possible. Snow 1 to 2 inches an hour starting in the morning & continue then comes sleet & freezing rain in the evening. So I will need to wait until it is done to try & clear my walk. That won’t be easy.

• Gail Norusis
      Participant

Barbara,
      I hope that you get some good news at Jerry’s doctor’s appointment today.
      Will Neal and Sarah and Collin be stopping by for a visit on their way to North Carolina? I hope so. At least they will be somewhat closer than California so maybe there will be the opportunity to see them more often.
      So far-so good. I am trying to stay as far as possible away from the sickness.
      Gail

• Gail Norusis
      Participant

Sue,
      I’m sorry that you are getting blasted again. So far we have not had too much so maybe we are escaping some of it this time. I’m glad that you got out to get your groceries. Be careful going out to shovel.
      Gail

• adele shanbar
      Participant

Holy crap, Gailster!
      You sound like you are going to get one of the diseases- belly or sinus. Yuck. I was spared the belly one, for a change. everyone else got it.
      I am glad your brother finally got to his new place, all safe and sound. You must have been a wreck, as this weather all across the states has not been good for travelling. let alone trailering a horse.
      I did a turkey breast last night, and have enough left over for turkey and dumplings tomorrow. I finally am baking a loaf of bread- rye with caraway seeds. Gary is going to get some corned beef for sandwiches with the bread tonight. You know, this dam shoulder even goes nuts when I bake. Sucks. I am sitting here with ice on it. Everyone says I have been a bear lately. I guess the pain is getting to me….LOL On the other hand, why woudl they poke the bear, when the bear is injured…isn’t that a dumb thing to do??
      I am so glad you were able to see your friends, and get home safe. Next time, take Greg’s plow.
      Sorry Jenny and the kids are sick. It is miserable with sick kids on vacation. We are getting more snow late today,and changing to ice again by morning, and then rain. I wonder what Sue will get.
      JJ gets along pretty well with Aizen. But, he does like to tease him, and watch him get mad. He likes his mad face. So does Steph. She find it quite adorable. It is weird, as his entire face changes, and it doesn’t even look like him. That was the first time I saw it.
      Hope you do nto get more snow.
      Adele
      PS…..were you surprised when Chin Lin won AGT?? I felt so bad for everyone else, as they looked devastated.

• adele shanbar
      Participant

Hey Barbara
      That is great news they are moving back this way. I am sure you are thrilled beyond belief.
      I am God thankful Tillie is better. It was just awful with her sick, and feeling like she wanted to die. the med for depression has worked wonders. She will be discharged next week form home care. She agreed to get to the eye doctor for new glasses, and the dentist to have her dentures re-lined. That is huge progress over here. She has been up for dinner about 5 nights a week.
      Tonight I did a rye bread with caraway seeds, and Gary is getting corned beef. Last night was turkey breast and stuffing. making turkey and dumplings tomorrow.
      Oh yes, totally nutty dinner I had the other night….LOL
      Shoulder pain is the worst. You use your arms more than anything else, and it makes life miserable. Also the most complicated surgery, i hear, and I am very close to saying “Uncle”.
      I hope you are nto getting blasted with more snow and ice. this is the strangest winter we have ever had.
      I could have used one of those space suits up here….LOL
      Hope your day is going well, and you get all good news from here on…..
      Adele

• adele shanbar
      Participant

Hi Sue
      We are getting the same thing, but at a different time, so it will nto be as dangerous up here. It is to start around 7 tonight, when everyone should be home, and by tomorrow after the rush hour, change to rain….maybe. You should be getting the rian, not us. very weird.
      What do you think about AGT? I have to say i didn’t enjoy it as much, as I felt so bad for all of them. They were the best of the best, and to eliminate them was painful to watch. I think they should have had winners in categories. I loved Preacher…..what’s his name….LOL Also loved the opera singer.
      Hope your weather is better than they predicted. the sun is getting stronger every day, and melting will be better. I hope.
      Love you!!
      Adele

• Gail Norusis
      Participant

Hi Adele,
      Can I come over for some of that home made rye bread. I know sometimes people make rye without the caraway and it’s just not the same to me. I’m dreaming of it out of the oven, warm, with butter. Mmmmmmm!
      I actually was not surprised when Shin Lim won as Greg was saying he would the whole time. Everyone was so good as it was mostly champions or people that got close. Now it’s almost time for The Voice and American Idol again. Plus we have been watching The Wall of the World and The Masked Singer. I’m hoping that my favorite sitcom Superstore will be back some time. I have to laugh at how much Greg likes The Goldbergs. I could never watch a marathon of that program as everyone is always shouting. lol It sounds like many of the situations are based on real life characters and events. We have been watching the following program about Lainey too-the verdict’s still out about that one.
      Greg is home again today. I don’t think I’ve ever remembered him being home from work for three days!
      I don’t think the kids were sick-just Jenny. I am walking around and just trying to keep my distance from the sick guy.
      Made a new recipe last night. Amish breakfast casserole. I hope we don’t get arrested for having it for dinner. Also had some blueberry muffins with it. I think it was a keeper. We got some snow and some rain yesterday but not that much. And it’s sunny today! Hooray!
      Do you wonder why in the heck that Jussie Smollett faked that attack? I just don’t understand why he would do something like that. All those police man hours wasted on looking into it-he should have to pay for that if nothing else. But why would he do it?
      Gail

• adele shanbar
      Participant

Hey Gailster
      I think they have given way too much air time to the loser Smollett. Who does things like that? I can’t even stand the sound of his name.
      So, what is Amish breakfast? I like doing breakfast for dinner.
      I hope Greg feels better soon. This has been a bad one, and very hard to get rid of. It took 5 weeks for me to get rid of the cough, with antibiotics!
      I don’t watch those 2 shows. the only reality ones I like are AGT, DWTS, and the new dance one with Jaylo. I did see commercials for Superstore, and it will e back in March. I want to see the new drama about the FBI agent who gives up her co-workers- looks good. I still love the Blacklist, and the Chicago ones. Not to mention Blue Bloods. I am getting to like Schooled- really liked last week’s segment.
      The Bread was a big hit, as bread always is around here….LOL Attaching a pic of it before it did the 2ond rise, and after it was baked. bread is so easy to do, just the wait for the 2 risings makes it time consuming. I get all the bread recipes from the King Arthur Baking site.
      I think the Goldbergs are on the end of their popularity. The kids got too big. Happens all the time. do you see american Housewife? How about the Kids are Alright? I like both of those too. You know me, a succer for a comedy every day.
      Gary feels it was not fair for Shin Lin to win again. he thinks they should not have let him go on the show so soon.
      Hope your weather is better. Hey, it is 4:40, and the sun is still bright out there……yahoo!!
      Adele

• Gail Norusis
      Participant

Hi Adele,
      I figure if AGT was looking for the best of the best having the previous year’s winner is part of the deal.
      Gary should look at it this way. What if next year the Patriots should qualify for the Super Bowl but they weren’t allowed to play because they just won the Super Bowl the previous year-pretty much the same thing-and I’m sure Gary wouldn’t go for that. lol We all want our teams to win the Super Bowl every year. Unfortunately mine hasn’t won since 1985. lol
      I’m so glad Superstore will be back-i love the whole cast and think Amy and Jonah have the greatest chemistry. We do watch American housewife and I am loving The Kids Are All Right. I can relate to the Catholic family and I love the parenting style of the Mom and Dad-especially the Mom. I too am a sucker for a sitcom. I guess because I now have a short attention span the dramas don’t interest me as much as they used too. lol I also like movies that are RomComs. I guess I like to laugh-more than I like to be informed or moved deeply. What can i say-I’m shallow. lol
      Sun is shining again today but they say it will be a snowy rainy weekend. Goody-Goody-not.
      Here is the recipe for the Amish Breakfast Casserole
      one pound sliced bacon diced
      one medium onion diced
      six large eggs lightly beaten
      four cups frozen shredded hash browns thawed
      two cups shredded cheddar cheese
      one and a half cups cottage cheese (4%) I think it’s all 4%
      one and a quarter cups shredded Swiss cheese

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Cook bacon and onion until bacon is crisp. drain. In a large bowl combine remaining ingredients; stir in bacon mixture. Transfer to a greased (I just used Pam) 13 by 9 baking dish. Bake uncovered 35-40 minutes-or until knife comes out clean. Let stand 10 minutes before cutting. ( I didn’t-just brought it straight to table and served)
      I have really enjoyed this and it’s definitely on repeat for our house-a bonus is that it’s pretty simple too.
      Gail

• Anonymous
      Inactive

Gail I have made similar casseroles. This one sounds good except for the cottage cheese. I do not like cottage cheese. I wonder if you could make without or would it be too dry.

• Gail Norusis
      Participant

Sue,
      I think the cottage cheese is kind of like maybe a milk substitute. Greg doesn’t like cottage cheese and he never really knew it was in there and i will eat it very very occasionally and i don’t taste it either. You could try it and see if you notice or maybe substitute from a can of condensed milk.

• adele shanbar
      Participant

Hey Gailster
      Well,the owner of the Pats gave a whole new spin on football today. What an embarrassment. What possesses men to do these stupid and awful things???? I tell you, this is how I feel. Everyone who is a illionaire, or millionaire does not know what to do with themselves. They have too much money, and no goals to achieve when they can get everything so easily. Dam. he embarrassed our entire state.
      the recipe looks very interesting. I would have to hide the ingredients from you know who, due to the cottage cheese.
      I love the sitcoms, like you. We all need to laugh, especially with all going on in the news. I do love A million Little things, and This is ustoo. I like the family/friend dramas too, I guess.
      I hope your weather is good for the weekend. We are getting a storm on Sunday, but they are feeling it will be rain. We will see….LOL
      I hope Colleen’s Mom is ok. Barbara’s son too, and yours!! We need some good health news on all of us, and our family’s.
      Love all you guys!
      Adele

Sue- hope the snow melted in your area!!!!! No Blue Bloods tonight.

• Dianne Danielson
      Participant

Hi Ladies,
      I hope this finds everyone doing okay. I see where the owner of the Pats got caught with his pants down, you might say. Ooooooops!!!! LOL. Men can do the DUMBEST THINGS!!!!
      Well, this has to be the stranges Feb. on record out here. We could get some snow over the weekend. I keep getting notices on my phone about snow is inevitable this weekend, into Monday & Tues. We should be having temps closer to the 50s, at least in the 40s, but no we’re down into the 30s. It’s crazy here. I see on the news about all the terrible weather you’re having back there with more on the way. Did you see where Las Vegas got snow for the first time in decades. Everyone’s getting hit. I think we’ve made up for what we didn’t get in Nov-Jan. Instead of inches of snow on the mts they have several feet of it. That’ll help come summer.

I went & had my mamogram today. I should learn the results next week.
      Oh, what did the winner do on AGT to win? I hope it wasn;t the one who threw up. Or whatever they called it. I hope it was something worth while & entertaining.
      Well, I guess that’s all for now. Not much going on here.

Take care & stay safe & warm!!
      dd

Attachments:
    • Dianne Danielson
      Participant

Hi Ladies,
      I hope this finds everyone doing okay. I see where the owner of the Pats got caught with his pants down, you might say. Ooooooops!!!! LOL. Men can do the DUMBEST THINGS!!!!
      Well, this has to be the stranges Feb. on record out here. We could get some snow over the weekend. I keep getting notices on my phone about snow is inevitable this weekend, into Monday & Tues. We should be having temps closer to the 50s, at least in the 40s, but no we’re down into the 30s. It’s crazy here. I see on the news about all the terrible weather you’re having back there with more on the way. Did you see where Las Vegas got snow for the first time in decades. Everyone’s getting hit. I think we’ve made up for what we didn’t get in Nov-Jan. Instead of inches of snow on the mts they have several feet of it. That’ll help come summer.

I went & had my mamogram today. I should learn the results next week.
      Oh, what did the winner do on AGT to win? I hope it wasn;t the one who threw up. Or whatever they called it. I hope it was something worth while & entertaining.
      Well, I guess that’s all for now. Not much going on here.

Take care & stay safe & warm!!
      dd

• Dianne Danielson
      Participant

Don’t ask what happened, cuz I have NO idea how it happened!!!

• adele shanbar
      Participant

Hi DD!
      Well, there has been much discussion about the Pats owner in this house. We are all horrified.
      I hope you get good results form the “flop and squash”, as I call it.
      It is weird out here to. We are getting another storm tomorrow, all rain, with lots of wind. That means we will get some leakage from the roof. Oh well.
      I did a turkey and dumpling dinner last night, with the leftover turkey I baked a couple of days ago. I sneaked a pic of Tillie, which I will attach. She thought I was taking one of the food….LOL She loved the meal, even though she is not smiling in the pic.
      On AGT Shin Lin is a magician. And…..oh yes, they had the regurgitator on. Yuck!
      Love the pic of the chickens. I want chicken pets!
      Hope your weekend goes well, with better weather.
      Adele

Attachments:
    • adele shanbar
      Participant

DD….LOL….that is too funny!
      Adele

• Barbara Smith
      Participant

Colleen, I am praying for your Mom. I bet you all are so tired and worried. Those IV medicines should help her so much. It is such a blessing that you did all that kind of work with the elderly so you can know and see what she needs now probably faster than others will. She is so fortunate to have you. It is like Adele said, it is so draining and hurts us so badly to see someone we love so much not feeling good. Please take as much care of yourself as you all can, and rest whenever you can.
      Love the picture of your Mom Adele. SO happy to hear she is doing so much better. I know that just makes you want to burst out singing. Jerrys Mom is good. Her memory has faded quite a bit here lately, but she just lights up light a Christmas tree when she sees him. He wants to bring her home so badly, but they advised not; and his brother said absolutely no; since he is so afraid of them both getting hurt. She is not steady, but does good I think all things considered.
      Gail, sorry your family has been so sick. When Jerry was working he just wouldn’t miss a days work either; like your husband. I always knew he was very sick if he gave in and stayed home. But your husband is doing the right thing; since rest is SO important to recovery. Men just don’t seem to understand this. I know you and Adele worry about your husbands being out on the roads with the weather there. How about all the young ones? Do they get by on the roads ok? I guess you all have snow chains on your tires and things like we probably haven’t even seen here. I am glad that Brent is doing better. Bless the young adults hearts in having to pay so much to see a doctor and to have tests done. We were always so fortunate when we both worked. The boys and I were on Jerrys insurance since his was so much better. Joey was telling us that he and Lisa both have to take out their own coverage at their jobs and only is one has lost their job or works less than I think he said 24 hours a week can the husband or wife add the other. It takes so much out of their checks. Mabey it is just part of the country; not sure.
      We have had terrible storms since yesterday. There were tornadoes all around and we had a watch out for over 12 hours. The storms finally stopped around six this evening. We were so blessed that nothing bad happened. We had water all over just like rivers running but many years ago Jerry carved out drainage canals all around our land and it really helps.
      DD. our DIL had chickens for a couple of years. THey were just like pets (she makes everything a little pet) and they would run to meet her and just cluck and cluck, and she would sit on the grass and they would fuss over which one would get to sit in her lap. They all had names of course; and acted like a group of ladies; some friendly; some grouchy and pecking at others; some shy, others not. It was so cute to watch her with them. And they really loved her. Well, our owl that has lived out by Joeys all these years swooped in and took one once; and rather than let that happen again; since we love that owl too; she took them to a farm and added them to their chickens. It was sad but sweet all at the same time. But she made a good chicken MaMa. Joey teased her and said “Lisa, you can make a pet out of a frog” and I think she can.
      The doctor said Jerrys shoulder pain is arthritis from the break. He told us to use Biofreeze and see if that will help, and if that doesn’t he will set him up with ortho to see if he needs a pain shot in there. I rubbed him up really good with it for the last couple of nights, and he said it is better. Hope it really is.
      Better go for now. Prayers for all coming from the soggy but grateful state of Tn. Barbara

• Colleen
      Participant

Hi Ladies,
      Well mom is still having trouble with her back. She has siattica ( I know that I spelt it wrong) She does not have the bladder infection any longer. They are going to send her to another specialist. She is just getting so aggravated about being sick. She wants to doing things for herself and not have us there all the time.
      Miss talking to all of you and hope that this will be over with soon. It will be nice to see mom up and around again and doing for herself. Thank you for all the prayers.
      Luv ya!
      Colleen

• Gail Norusis
      Participant

Hi Colleen,
      I will keep praying for your Mom’s speedy recovery. We think about you guys often.
      Hugs,
      Gail

• Gail Norusis
      Participant

Hi Barbara,
      I saw on the weather that the Memphis area was getting lots of rain with the possibility of tornadoes so I am glad that you guys are all safe.
      I hope the biofreeze will give Jerry some relief and if it doesn’t I hope he will try the shot. It can really help.
      Greg’s chickens were kind of like his pets too. Now he does the same thing with the koi-they follow him around the edges of the pond.
      We had to have someone do the same thing with channeling the water away from the house when we built here.
      We are having very high winds here today. I wonder if it will blow the snow across the roads again. It’s no longer legal to put chains on tires as it tears up the roads. It may just be an Illinois thing-I’m not really sure. Many years ago we used to have snow tires with actual little spikes in them kind of like the things on the bottom of those ice gripper things to put on your shoes but they became illegal too. So your best bet for driving in snow is to have all wheel drive on your vehicles. We wouldn’t be without. if you can’t have that at least have front wheel drive-rear wheel drive is just asking to slide and get stuck-we haven’t had a car like that in ages.
      Gail

• Gail Norusis
      Participant

Hey DD,
      Those butterflies kind of match the coloring of the baby chicks. lol
      Yes, I saw the snow in Las Vegas, California and Flagstaff. Funny seeing snow on cactus. There was a picture of a little girl-dressed in shorts for California weather sitting in the snow. It must be so wondrous for a little kid who has never seen snow to experience something like that. And then if she lived here she would get jaded and just want it to go away. lol Hope you get good results from the mammogram.
      Gail

• Gail Norusis
      Participant

Hi Adele,
      Gary will never know the cottage cheese is in there if he doesn’t see the carton. It just blends right in.
      I also saw a picture of Kraft’s girlfriend on the news and she looked young enough to be his granddaughter. It does make you wonder how dumb some men can be. I hear there were cameras in the place too so they must have him dead to rights. It was sad to hear the back story on some of these places where the will get young girls-some who actually pay up to $20,000 who will come here from china or somewhere thinking that they have a legitimate job offer and then they make them do this stuff. They are in a foreign country and don’t even speak the language so they are frightened and don’t know what to do. People who do that to these young girls are despicable. I’d like to lock them all up and throw away the key as they have no morals whatsoever.
      I see you have the leaves dishes. Do you use them all year long?
      Well I guess wearing the hazmat suit wasn’t good enough as I am now sick too. Yesterday evening my fever went up to 103 and i had to go take a cool shower to get it back down. It is more manageable today-thank goodness-i hope it stays that way. It seems whenever I get sick i always get a high fever to begin with. When it gets that high it gives me an awful headache and makes me feel woozy. So all you hear around here is coughing and sniffling and snorting. Sexy! lol
      By the way when I was making that breakfast casserole the other night I cracked an egg and it was a double yolk. And then I made blueberry muffins to go with it and I cracked an egg to make those and there was another double yolk. Two out of the same 18 pack of eggs. I should have bought a lottery ticket. lol I hadn’t seen a double yolk in ages. When we had chickens you get them quite a bit from the younger hens so it wasn’t that uncommon but I don’t think I’ve seen one since then. I was quite surprised. As a person who loves the yolk I was wishing that i had them in a fried egg instead of all mixed up in a recipe.
      High winds here today. Hope there won’t be blowing snow.
      Gail

• adele shanbar
      Participant

Hi Barbara
      Glad to hear you are ok. Sorry for Jerry’s shoulder pain, as I know it is brutal. I am getting to the point, that I ahve to really consider the surgery, as it is affecting all I do, especially showering. My right shoulder is starting to have pain, and I know it is becasue I am over using it to compensate for the bad one. SOme days, it gets old being in pain. Like this am, when I made muffins. The shoulder felt like it was on fire. It got better a while later. I am sure the rain/ice is nto helping much either.
      We are having a rain/ice storm with lots of wind. tomorrow the wind will be worst. I will be praying no other tree will go down.
      I am so happy you did not get any tornado. those are so scary.
      Thank you for the compliments on Tillie, even though she is nto smiling….LOL She said my blueberry muffin was “frigging delicious”….how funny is that! That is a direct quote and I find it so funny when she swears. It is so good to have her a part of the family again, and to come up for dinner and socialize. i thank God every night when I say my prayers.
      I hope jerry’s Mom stays good, and then maybe he can take her out for lunch again, when the weather gets better. I know he loved to do that, and I hope he will be able to again. It will make him feel so good.
      That is such a great story of Lisa and her chickens. She must have cried when she had to let them go. So, I have to ask this question….there are no owls in the farm she sent the chickens to? I woudl imagine an owl would be a regular visitor to a chicken coop area. Yuck- not nice to see!
      I think I saw that owl I heard one night yesterday, sitting in the same tree top. When eh flew away, he did nto look like a hawk- his under feathers were very light, and I wondered if he was an owl. I couldn’t see his face, as he was far away.
      I hope you’re having a good Sunday. Will you watch the Oscars? I may for a while, but they are kind of boring. I do love to see the dresses!
      Adele

• adele shanbar
      Participant

Hi Colleen
      I have been praying for your Mom every night, and hoping she will get back to her old self. hang on, as look at Tillie. She finally got back to her old self, and I honestly didn’t think it would happen. your Mom is strong too, and she can do it.
      Prayers sent your way!!
      Adele

• adele shanbar
      Participant

Hey Gailster!
      I do use them all year long, accept on Christmas. I use the Christmas dishes from Thanksgiving to New years. Since I love these pretty colorful dishes so much, i have not had the butterfly ones out in a while. Some of the butterfly ones are actually under these, so when we run out, they are on the table too. I only have 8 place settings of the leaves ones, and they are no longer available. I wish they would bring them back!
      That is funny about the koi with Greg. I get such a kick out of an animal that is not usually a pet, being attached to their human.
      I just ordered the silicone grabs from Lori Grenier on ITKWD for all the girls, and me. What a cool thing! Solves the problem of trying to get your pot holders around a dish in the microwave. # H217475
      OMG… a fever that high is not good. How in the world could you stand to be naked and wet with that fever? You must have been shivering to death. Dam, girl! I will e adding a prayer for you and Greg to be well again. It has been an awful winter for weird weather, and illnesses. I will be glad when Spring is finally here.
      the next thing I am going to do,is google a shoulder surgery recovery process. I should completely freak myself out in a minute….you may hear me scream if you open a window….LOL
      Hope you are feeling better today.
      Adele

• Barbara Smith
      Participant

Hope everyone is having a good day. It is some warmer here since the rain stopped but just heard we are to have rain/sleet/snow on Sunday. Our weather is just flip flopping back and forth and keeping everyone sick. Gail, hope you and your hubby are much better, your Mom too Colleen. I have to agree Adele, this winter has not been kind to our little group health wise, but it is so uplifting to have seen your Mom be so down and slowly but surely come back to you all and now doing so well. It really made me laugh when she said her little word. It just sort of shocks you since they were always so prim and proper.
      I ordered a crème quacker top with the grommets around the neck. It was at a really good price and since I am so bad to spill on myself I rarely buy one that is not a dark color or has lots of decorations on the front but really needed something that could go with everything and this was just right. It came today and I am so glad I got it. Now, just to remember to keep it covered when eating. lol
      Yes, there were owls I’m sure where Lisa took her babies; but they had a wire cover over the top of the grassy part where the owners let them out of the coop to eat and catch bugs during the day. It is so funny, chickens really DO go to bed as soon as it gets to be twilight. There is no way you will find one out after the sun goes down. And of course they are early risers, thanks to Mr. Rooster. He is LOUD too. He wants everyone up and going.
      I am doing just two ground beef patties for us tonight. You can get them at our grocery store two to a pkg. already patted out and ready to cook; I sear the outside of both and then finish in the oven. Makes a great old time burger. They are filling since I think they are quarter pound each, and think I will do frozen fries with some spicy seasoning on them for a little kick.
      Do any of you own an air fryer? I keep considering one for us, but don’t know anyone that already has one. I have thought about that and also a small pressure cooker. I am forever waiting until the last minute to decide what we want for dinner unless the kids are coming by. Would love to know how you feel about them if you happen to own one or both.
      Better close for now. Take care, and sure hope you are feeling better Gail. That high temp just drains you. Barb

• adele shanbar
      Participant

Hey Barbara
      Thank you for the good wishes for Tillie. We are all shocked, but so happy you have no idea. I really thought we were going the nursing home route, or worst. I say a prayer of thanks every night!
      I would also like to know if anyone has an air fryer, and likes it. I have been thinking about one too. I got a pressure cooker, and then got rid of it, as it took up too much room, and I did nto use it enough. I am a crock pot girl….LOL
      So, tonight here, we are having Shepard’s Pie- done with hamburg, not lamb. I ahve 2 recipes, one from Martha Stewart, andone form The Chew. One has only onion and garlic, and the other has 2 bags of frozen veggies. I think I will add the frozen veggies, as it gives GAry more veggies to eat.
      Yesterday, i made Oatmeal chocolate Chunk cookies- they have pecans in them too- a great cookie with lots of fiber for you know who….LOL I even made a loaf of bread last week. I am getting back to normal too.
      Gary has an ER appointment with his hip doctor today. he has a big bulge where the hip was replaced, and a lot of bruising- black, actually, and it looks like a hole in the middle. I have been on his case for 2 weeks to go, and he didn’t want to make an appointment. So, I took a pic of it, and guess what- he called first thing yesterday. I guess actually seeing how bad it looks was the deciding factor. It hurts when he gets up from a chair, and when he sleeps.
      I hope this is something easily fixable, as we just do nto need one more thing to worry about.
      I hope Jerry is feeling better with his back. if the weather is better, it may help a little. So sorry he is hurting. getting older just stinks when you have these joint issues.
      How is your son doing???? Good news yet? Any news? I am still praying his news will be easily fixable too.
      Hope you are good down there- we had an awful wind storm yesterday. Our street was free of damage- thank God!
      Hope your day goes well, and the sun shines for you.
      Adele

• Gail Norusis
      Participant

Hi Barbara,
      I don’t own an air fryer or a pressure cooker. I thought about an air fryer once and then just decided I can live without it. I never even considered a pressure cooker as basically the slow cooker does the same thing in just a longer time.
      I am feeling better just some sniffles and a cough now.
      Soon I’ll bet you will be having warm temperatures. We are in the 20’s today and will be in the teens this weekend. We just can’t seem to catch a break. At least with March comes the hope of some warmer temperatures and by warmer i mean steadily into the 30’s and maybe even 40’s some days. It’s all relative. lol
      Gail

• Gail Norusis
      Participant

Hi Adele,
      That thing on Gary’s hip sounds like it definitely needs to be looked into. I am praying it is nothing serious.
      It’s so good to hear that Tillie is joining in family times again. I know you must have been close to despair worrying about how she was acting before. You know I’ll bet the changes came on so slowly that at first you didn’t even notice them. That’s how those things usually happen. it’s good to know that older people can get age related anxiety and depression. Those medications we have now can work wonders for those conditions. I would just keep an eye out for her to continue the medicine.
      I hope both Greg and I are getting better. Monday night next week we are supposed to go to a fundraiser for ONP. It’s their “taste” where they have all these chefs come in and make different things and you can go around and sample them all. We had tickets last year but ended up not going because it was too snowy that night. So I hope we can make it this year.
      Looking forward to another jewelry day on the Q on Friday. I hope Quacker will have some new pretty things this spring. We need some Quacker cheeriness to break up the winter doldrums.
      Your cookies sounded so good and then I remembered that I don’t really like oatmeal cookies. But you had me sold anyway. lol
      We are doing very easy dinners this week with as many packaged and prepared foods as we can find. It’s probably not the healthiest but at least we get a dinner in our stomachs when neither of feels much like cooking.
      Gail

• adele shanbar
      Participant

Hey Gailster!
      You know, I Love to do easy dinners, butI suffer after with the amount of salt in them. Last night, Tillie and I had a container of Panera broccoli cheddar soup, and a sandwich- roast beef. I read the milligrams of salt and nearly had a coronary- over 1100. that is more than progresso soups, for God’s sake. I do so love the broccoli cheddar soup they make.
      So, today I am doing the Shepards pie. not too hard- I have the potatoes cooking now, then all I ahve to s do is saute the onion and garlic, add the hamburg, spices, and let it cook down a bit, add to Temptations baker, and then mash the potatoes, and add to top. Actually, now that I think of it….dam, that is a lot of work….LOL I split it up, so it is less standing for me. I also sit in front of the stove to saute the veggies/meat.
      Gary is at the doctor’s right now. I hope I will hear in the next hour what they say. I think he will be sent for an MRI. It looks so awful, that Heather thinks they will admit him. It is the size of walnut, and then the red/black on it and around it is the size of a lemon. He ha dme look at it again today, and the black area is larger. I took a pic, (of the boo boo only, of course) to show the kids, and his doctor, of he wanted it sent to him yesterday. they fit him in today, so no need for documentation.
      I am so glad you and Greg are getting better. I love good news. I will be praying you can go to the ONP event. that sounds like a lot of fun, and who would not want to taste the goodies from so many chefs, all in one place! Cool!
      The sun is shining up here- woohaa! Anancy and Gerald are coming over Thursday, and snow is predicted for Wed night, into Thur am. So, if it is slippery, Nancy will not be able to come, and we will reschedule….again.
      I hope you find a nice bauble to make the winter less dreary. let us know what you pick out.
      The oatmeal cookie shave somany other things in them, that they ahve a very different taste- the chocolate chips, pecans. they are really good, and everything in them is good for you. they only have 2 cups of flour for the entire batch- 3 cups of oatmeal, 2 cups of chocolate, and 1 cup of pecans. Of course the 2 sticks of butter, and 1 1/2 cups of sugar do not help….LOL.
      Hope your day so good….did you see that new show, Enemy of the State…or some title like that last night? We liked it.
      Adele
      PS…saw a new pic jenny posted- got an email on it, so I saw it.

• Gail Norusis
      Participant

Hi Adele,
      How is Gary? I hope everything turned out okay.
      Now I am worried about Greg. Last night he was saying he had a swollen gland in his neck. This morning he had a big mass in his neck. He got into the doctor and she is concerned about it and sending him for an ultrasound. I am very worried. I am asking for some prayers from my Quacker friends.
      If someone could ever invent a cookie that is actually good for us please sign me up! lol
      You know I noticed when you talk about ground beef you call it hamberg-I always say hamburger so i wonder if that is a regional thing or an ethnic thing.
      Greg said the roads are very icy and the ultrasound isn’t for another couple of hours but I said he should stay over there rather than driving back and forth on them. I am so tired of icy roads. I am so ready for spring.
      Gail

• Anonymous
      Inactive

Gail Prayers sent for Greg & you. I hope he is careful on the icy roads. Not much you can do on ice. This winter sure has been no fun. I did get out yesterday & had my blood work done. Got a call from the doctors office to drink more water. If they cannot find anything else they say drink more water. It happens to my friend too. Now if I can get out for my doctors appt. next Tuesday I will have that done. I am just sick of hearing about my weight & drink more water. Anyway I hope it will be nothing serious with Greg. Let us know how he makes out.
      Did you have any damage from the winds? No one on this street did. But several houses had severe damage from trees falling on them. There are still people without power. The electric company is working on it & have had companies from other states help. My power was only off for a short time.

• Gail Norusis
      Participant

Sue, Thank you for the prayers. This has me really worried.
      Gail

• Gail Norusis
      Participant

Sue,
      We were lucky and had no wind damage or power outages. We always laugh now when there are high winds because we have this tower on our roof for the new internet service. It’s just right up there in the wind so it must be pretty secure-we don’t understand how but have just been grateful that it has stayed up.
      I have not been told to drink more water but of course I have been told to lose weight-more by the rheumatologist than the family doctor. Yes we all know the extra wight is not good for us but the older you get the less movement you have the harder it is to lose. I see everything Greg gave up to lose 30 pounds-and I think of what I would have to give up to lose four times that and it just seems like an insurmountable task. It would almost be easier if you didn’t have to eat at all and could just take a pill for the day’s nutrition. It’s giving up the stuff that tastes so good that is so hard.
      I don’t know when we will get the test results back. I am on pins and needles.
      Gail

• Anonymous
      Inactive

Gail, I am so sorry Greg & you must go through this. I think you worry more if it is someone you love than if it were you. Waiting for results are the worst.

Yes it is hard to lose the weight. I could give up the foods I love for a while but you must do it forever or the weight just comes back. I was so hungry for a baked potato so that is what I had for dinner. Of course potatoes are on the no no list. We grew up on meat & potatoes. I didn’t have meat today just the potato. But I also had a piece of lemon pound cake. I made that & baked it in 2 loaf pans & gave one to my neighbor that helps me shovel. He was thrilled to get it. I suppose he doesn’t make things like that for himself so enjoys when someone gives him something like that.

Anyway I will keep Greg in my prayers.

• Dianne Danielson
      Participant

Hi Ladies,
      Gail, I’ll keep you & Greg in my prayers. I pray it isn’t anything serious. The waiting to hear the results is always the hardest part.
      I don’t know what if anything you’ve heard on the news about our weather. We’ve had snow, but it’s NOTHING compared to what’s going on out there. On Monday we woke up to a dusting. They were predicting up to 2-3 inches of it to fall in the downtown area alone. Wrong. This part of town barely got a dusting. It looked like the cars had a layer of powdered sugar sprinkled all over em. Not even enough to cover the cars. But in other parts of town they really got hammered with 2-6 inches of it. We got the short end of the snow stick. The mts got lots & lots of it. Much ado about nothing, as usual. But it isn’t over yet, we got hit again overnight & there was a little more than Monday. It continued snowing off & on all day but didn’t accumulate. The East winds were blowing too hard for it to stick. And those winds howled all night & are bitter cold.
      I don’t know if it made national news, but Amtrak got stuck in the snowstorm in So. Oregon. Trees were across the tracks & the train was stuck for more than a day.
      I’m all in with the idea for a cookie that’s good for ya. Or cake, pie, or anything that’s not good for ya.

Did I tell ya I was shutting down cable TV? I got sick & tired of Comcast raising prices!! I just went with internet service. I have a device that gives me all the channels I watch anyway.
      Well, that’s about all I have for now.

Take care & stay safe & warm.

dd

Attachments:
    • Colleen
      Participant

Hi Gail,
      Greg will be in my prayers. I hope that it turns out to be nothing to worry about. You two take care.
      Colleen

• Gail Norusis
      Participant

Thank you everyone for all the prayers. No news as yet. Colleen, I am praying for your mother too.

• Gail Norusis
      Participant

Sue,
      That was so thoughtful to give your neighbor the pound cake. I’ll bet he really appreciated that just as you appreciate the help with the shoveling. You are probably right. I’ll bet he doesn’t make any home baked goodies for himself. I love a baked potato. It’s probably one of the simplest things to make but it tastes so good.
      Gail

• Gail Norusis
      Participant

DD,
      I heard about that Amtrak train that was stuck on the tracks for 40 hours. They had a report on the Today show as one of the hosts actually knew someone on the train so she called in and talked to them.
      Yes, the cable companies are constantly raising rates. Particularly on their long time customers. It’s a racket.
      You have had unusual weather out in your area. I think we will all be glad to see spring come.
      Gail

• adele shanbar
      Participant

OMG, Gailster!
      What the hell!! Dam. Of course prayers sent. Lots of them. I hope the ultrasound does not show anything that cannot be fixed.
      GAry is ok. It is a compression wound, and will be treated at the hospital in the wound clinic. They said if he didn’t come it, it would have gotten infected, and then the hip would have to be replaced again, also adding sepsis to the mix. So, he is lucky he listened to me…this time. it could have been caused by the little lump on the hip, of scar tissue, and that he sleeps on that side, all night long. GAry gets into one position, and doesn’t move.
      Still, all that is nto as bad as what you are dealing with today. I will read the rest of the posts, as soon as I can.
      Yes, we call it hamburg….LOL Maybe it is a Boston thing….LOL
      Posting pics of my bread yesterday, soyou can smile……I hope. Pics of rising, right up to eaten.
      Adele

Attachments:
    • adele shanbar
      Participant

Sue and Gail
      I guess we all got the awful winds over the last few days. I am grateful none of us got ant damage.
      Praying you will get the results quick, so you do not have to worry.
      We got about 5 inches of snow last night. Hope you didn’t get as much, Sue.
      Also hope the ice is gone at GAil’s, so you do not have to worry going out too.
      Adele

• adele shanbar
      Participant

Sue
      it is awful to try to lose weight. I signed up for WW, and barely go into the site to check anything. Good intentions, but hard.
      I can smell your lemon bread from here…… go Sue!!!
      Adele

• adele shanbar
      Participant

Hi DD!
      I am glad you didn’t get the snow.
      I have a question- do you have to watch your shows on your laptop? Or, do you see them on your TV? We got a 52.00 increase to Comcast too- they said our 2 year contract was over. They would nto give us any other deal, and I got ticked off too. But, with everyone here, on 2 floors, I ahve no choice. Tillie could never figure out watching TV on a laptop.
      Hope Gail’s news is good. Praying, for everyone, every day, as we never know what will happen to any of us.
      Adele

• adele shanbar
      Participant

Dd…forgot to to say…we did hear about the train out here.

• adele shanbar
      Participant

Gailster…praying you hear today.
      Love you!!!!
      Adele

Sue
      I love anything lemon…yum, yum. Totally agree with Gail. Your neighbor must have been thrilled you were so nice to him. I am glad you have this nice neighbor to help you.

Colleen…hope you get good news on your Mom!!

Love all you guys!!
      Adele

• Gail Norusis
      Participant

Hi Everyone,
      Thank you all so much for the prayers it means so much to me. I just heard from Greg and he has an inflamed salivary gland. It should start to get better on it’s own. If it doesn’t he has to get back with the doctor. In the meantime he looks kind of like he has the mumps. In fact mumps are a virus of the salivary glands so it’s not too far off. Needless to say we are much relieved by this news. We are blessed!
      Gail

• adele shanbar
      Participant

Hey Gailster
      Thank God is is something simple. Is he uncomfortable? I would think so. How long until it goes away?
      Prayers still sent, justin case.
      Get the man some chicken soup- solves all problems. At least i think so!
      Hope you two have a good weekend, in spite of greg’s boo boo.
      Love ya!
      Adele

• Dianne Danielson
      Participant

Hi Gail,
      So relieved to hear it wasn’t anything too serious. I’ve never heard of inflamed salivary glands before. How does that happen? The chicken soup sounds like a good idea. Isn’t it the cure-all for just about everything? Homemade anyway. Does he have to be on a restricted diet? No salt diet?
      Will keep the prayers coming, it changes things for sure. We may not realize it until after it happens.

Adele, those pics of the bread has me drooling!!! You can bake bread for me any time!!!!! I found a pic of a stove that’s right up your alley. IT has several ovens. I sent a pic of it to your FB page, don’t know if you saw it or not.
      Waaaaaay back when they were changing from analog broadcasting to digital, there was DTV broadcasting. You’d buy the equipment at the store. It’s a small box you hook up to your TV, tune it to your TV & you get local channels. No cable stations tho. And that;s what I have right now. I’m trying to figure out how to use ROKU, but it doesn’t seem to work for me. My neighbor Critt has it & works fine for him. I also tried the Amazon Fire they have on the Q from time to time. It did come up on the screen, but they wanted all my personal info & I wasn’t about to give out all that info, esp since I don’t know who’s on the other side of that screen takin it down. If you have any insight to Amazon please let me know. I may be paranoid.

I hope the snow is over with now!! We just had the coldest Feb. in 30 yrs they say. Only one day was normal temps for the month. get this it was Groundhog’s day, LOL LOL!! I’ve said this so many times & it’s true. You guys would LAUGH at us when snow comes here. We are NOT prepared for it like the rest of the country is. I saw in Minnesota they had 5 or more snowplows plowing the freeways of the snow. They know how to get it done. We don’t have that many plows for just one freeway.
      And YES I can’t wait till spring gets here & the flowers start popping up!!! I miss my flowers!!!

I’m gonna try to send a couple pics I took this morning. It was clear blue skies, & the snow capped mts stood out so beautifully. You can see em better if you enlarge the pics.

Take care now.
      Stay safe & warm.
      dd & Jewell

PS: Adele, I forgot, I’ve never tried watching a show on my laptop. I have put in a DVD & done it that way but not broadcast TV. I don’t know how to do streaming on the computer yet. I;m always behind the crowd. By the time I figure it out they’ll be onto something else.

Attachments:
    • adele shanbar
      Participant

Hi DD
      I have not been on facebook in a while- only to do a quick happy birthday, or see a pic, which I got an email for. I will go lok, now that I Know.
      I have Amazon Prime, (for the free delivery, more than anything else) and after you load it on your laptop, you can search the movie you want,and watch it on the TV. It seems like every time you want to watch a movie, you have to log into the Prime on your laptop first, before it will come up on the TV. I am still figuring that one out.
      Thankyou- they really liked that loaf of bread. Thisone, you took off a piece, like a roll. you could nto slice it. I called the King Arthur Bakers Hotline, and they told me if I wanted to slice it, I wouldn’t have made the 8 balls of dough to place in each pan , just put the dough in the pan, and let it rise that way. So, I guess, there are 2 ways to bake that loaf. Live and learn. I love the Bakers Hotline…..LOL
      I hope you have a good night. We are getting more snow Saturday. I will be in the house again. It is ok, as the shoulder has been too sore lately anyway.
      Hope you have a good night!
      Adele

• Dianne Danielson
      Participant

Hi Adele,
      I goofed. it’s on Messenger, sorry. I got it off my FB page. Got a question, how much does Amazon charge to sign up with them? And do they charge a monthly fee? I’m totally ignorant about Amazon.
      dd

• adele shanbar
      Participant

Hey DD!
      I think it is 99.00 a year, which includes free delivery on all,and unlimited movies to watch- called Amazon Prime.
      I think it is worth it.
      Love ya!
      Adele

• Dianne Danielson
      Participant

Hi Adele,
      Just googled amazon & it’s $119/ yr or 12.99/month which is a whole lot less than Comcast. They have 3 choices of plans, & in fine print they ask if you’re a student or if you have an EBT card (food stamps) or Medicade card. Did you know about that? I’ll check it out & see if I can get an even better deal.
      Thanks for the info.
      dd

• Gail Norusis
      Participant

Hi Everyone-come hang out over at the new March thread!

• adele shanbar
      Participant

Hey DD
      So glad I was able to help. Everyone loves Amazon, and I get a lot of things from them. But, be careful, some of their vendors have inflated prices.
      Have a good night!
      Adele

Viewing 148 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Share on Facebook
Facebook
Pin on Pinterest
Pinterest
Tweet about this on Twitter
Twitter
Email this to someone
email

Share this with a Smile
X Close
Watch QVC
top finds links QVC LIVE QVC PLUS QVC UK