Quacker Talk-December 20202020-12-01T09:55:08-05:00

Home Forums General Quacker Chatter Quacker Talk-December 2020

Viewing 84 reply threads
  • Author
      Participant

Well, it’s December already this has been an eventful year. More bad than good unfortunately but we are still here chatting together and that is something to be thankful for.
      Yes, Adele we all knew this Thanksgiving would be a rough one for your family. Thank goodness Bobby is negative.
      Yes, after loss we need to decorate and put up that tree for the little ones. They need a sense of normalcy and consistency especially in this year when they are not going to school and don’t have normal interaction with their friends. I guess it’s a case of ya gotta fake it til you make it.
      I was wondering if a card to Jerry would be appreciated too. Glad to know that you are sending one. It’s funny I miss Barbara and I never even met her in person but posted with her for ten years as she came on here just a little after I first did.
      We did lose a lot of people this year. Speaking of which they are saying right now every 1 minute and 15 seconds we are losing someone from covid. Yikes! I’m afraid Thanksgiving get togethers are going to make things worse again too. But there does seem to be a light at the end of the tunnel. I hope a lot of people choose to get the vaccine-the more that get it the less there will be of covid around.
      Amanda’s pot pie looks delicious. I always love a good pot pie.
      I knew you would appreciate Lachlan’s comments. lol
      I’m thinking we can’t get instacart out here as the grocery stores are so far away but i will check. it would be nice for extra ingredients between big trips.
      Greg helped me clean the first floor yesterday and it wore both of us out. lol Now I don’t feel bad for being so tired when I do it on my own. We did the upstairs last week so we should be okay for a couple of weeks. I can’t believe how many years I cleaned both floors on my own weekly. Now it doesn’t really need as much with just the two of us either.
      I hope your storms are gone. It’s always wild weather when a warm front meets a cold front. We are going to be in the lower forties for the next week which isn’t bad for this time of year. Greg still has to get the plow fixed-he is waiting on a part so I hope there is no snow in the near future.
      We have grocery pick up today. I hope! lol
      Gail

Attachments:
    • Anonymous
      Inactive

Here we are in December. This is one year I will be glad to see go.
      I did not get my turkey pot pie made as I was missing some things for it & went to 2 stores & could not get what I wanted so I froze a lot of turkey & will make it later. The one Adele posted looked so good. I made other things so it all worked out.
      I mailed my Christmas cards to Scotland yesterday. I went through the rain & wind so hope they get them. Gail are you having problems getting packages. I had one sent Nov 16th (not QVC) & still have not received it. I have 2 from QVC floating around somewhere too. People are all over QVC but I think the problem is with USPS or UPS.
      We had rain yesterday & are to get a couple inches of snow today. All of this with wind. It seems when it get cold the wind blows too making it feel even colder.
      I don’t remember if I told you my neighbor called on Thanksgiving & wanted to bring me a meal. That was so nice but I already had my turkey in the oven & would have had way to much food so I told her Thanks but I already had all I could use & did not want anything to go bad. She is a good cook so I hope I did not make her mad. I guess they did not have their big gathering this year. She has a big family & they always rented a place for Thanksgiving & Christmas gatherings. I was invited last year but did not go. So I guess they decided it was to risky this year.
      This lady’s husband was down where I use to work to get a calendar & my former boss sent a calendar for me. I was surprised when he knocked on my door with a calendar for me.
      I wonder if we send Jerry a card if he will know who we are. Maybe Barbara talked to him about us. I want to get my cards ready soon as I just don’t trust USPS anymore. It costs enough I paid $1.20 per card to Scotland. That is why we quit sending gifts as the postage was more than the gift.
      Gail could you have Santa drop those pups at my house. I could use the company.

• Anonymous
      Inactive

I forgot to tell you there is a nursing home about 2 miles from me & they are being hit hard by Corvid 19. There were 4 deaths from it from there in Mondays paper. I was surprised but at least from there they are putting it in the paper due to Corvid 19. Earlier when nursing homes were having a lot of it this one had none but now it is really bad there. I guess some think because they are old it does not matter. One lady that passed was the mother of a classmate of mine. Our little hospital is full & I guess needing to send some patients somewhere else.

• Colleen
      Participant

Hi Gail,
      I wrote to you on the November post should have done that here. I do not know how I missed this post here. I’ll tell you I think that I am slowly losing my mind. I think might have to start taking those memory pills. I wonder if they work.
      The cat with the Santa hat and bow reminds me of DD’s cat. He looks like a lot of the pictures that she has posted. That is such a cute cat. You always find cute pictures to post for each month.
      We cannot order from Costco because we live too far away. We do not know if they will ship by UPS or not did not really check into that. I know that there is a lot of the grocery items that they will not ship here. It is the only bad thing about living out in the country. I never worried about shipping until all this covid started. So I figure that we might go ahead and shop instead of driving all that way for nothing. We stay masked and leave a lot of room between us and the other shoppers.
      We had snow flurries here the other day. I could not believe that it snowed like that. It did not stick but it was fun to watch the snow fall. It did not stick so that was good. We are supposed to get more on Thursday with some sleet. I hope that they are wrong. I do not think that any of it will stick. Have you been getting any snow?
      Have a great night and stay safe.
      Colleen

• Gail Norusis
      Participant

Hi Colleen,
      I didn’t know that Melissa was on Etsy. What sorts of things does she make and what is the name of her store. I would check it out as I do quite a bit of shopping on Etsy-especially for gifts as you can get things there that you can’t get anywhere else.
      How did your doctor appointment go? Do you have to wear the boot longer or can you take it off.
      My shopping is done for the most part-I’m still waiting for a few things to arrive. I need to get my sister’s stuff packed and mailed off. Brent is getting money and a gift card this year as he is in transition between homes right now and I thought that would be easier. However, I usually send a box of food from Omaha steaks at Christmas and will do that as soon as I get his new address.
      I actually still get gifts for the grands although this year Kendall has both gifts and gift cards.
      I thought that picture looked like DD’s cat too so that was why I posted it. I thought she might get a kick out of it.
      We haven’t had any snow yet-at least none that stayed. It did snow a couple times earlier but melted. Greg still doesn’t have the plow fixed. he is waiting on a part and hopefully that will do the trick.
      I am starting little by little to decorate and will probably go at it all out this weekend. I am changing a lot of things up this year so it should be interesting. I figured now was the time to experiment since it will just be us two seeing it. lol
      The concert that we were supposed to stream this weekend has been cancelled so i am kind of disappointed about that. Usually this time of year we are going out and attending Christmas concerts or plays and then right before Christmas is the guitar concert but none of that is happening this year. I hope next year we can feel safe doing all those things again. We just found out yesterday that an old friend of Greg’s is in the hospital with covid so prayers for him would be appreciated. They predicted that things would get worse this winter and boy have they been right. I am so thankful that we are able to stay home for the most part and just need to go out for necessities. We will be snuggling in for the winter just like a couple of hibernating bears. lol
      Gail

Attachments:
    • Gail Norusis
      Participant

Hi Sue,
      I didn’t know that you knew people in Scotland. Is it family or friends? Have you ever been able to visit there?
      You know there are so many places in this world that I am curious about and would like to see in person but I think that ship has sailed as I am not up to the traveling and walking. it’s ironic that when you are younger and have the stamina to travel you don’t have the time or money and then you get older and perhaps have the time or the money but you don’t have the stamina. I guess that’s one of the reasons that I like reading. it takes me to places in my imagination that I can’t visit in real life.
      So far I have not have had trouble with shipping but i heeded warnings and tried to shop early. I know Greg had something that was supposed to arrive yesterday and it’s been delayed. We’ll see if it shows up today. I have a few more things that I am expecting so we’ll see how that goes. I think the shipping problems with the Q are related to the post office and UPS not necessarily the Q. However, I know people get upset when things are in processing for weeks on end and they do have a point with that. When I think of the volume of mail and packages I’m surprised that anything gets where it’s supposed to. For the most part these places do a great job.
      I’ll bet your neighbor understood that you already had dinner fixed and will offer again. I’m glad that she and her family decided against a large gathering.
      That was a nice surprise that your neighbor brought over the calendar from your boss. I’m sure they miss you at work. How many years were you there?
      I kind of think that Jerry would know who we were. I would imagine Barbara would have told him stories about us. Greg would know who everyone here was-and he knows you because you are Facebook friends. He will mention it if you comment on one of Jenny’s pictures or something.
      I know what you mean-I can’t stand it when people make comments like the lives of the people in the nursing homes don’t matter. All those people have family and loved ones that they are precious to. No life is more important than another as we are all God’s people.
      Have they started the work on the windows and door yet? Is this the same door that you had problems with last year. it would be nice to get that fixed. Is your landlord pretty responsive to your needs? I hope so.
      Stay safe. Stay healthy.
      Gail

Attachments:
    • Gail Norusis
      Participant

Just a few funnies.

Attachments:
    • Colleen
      Participant

Hi Gail,
      I forgot to get the name of Melissa’s Etsy name or whatever. She doesn’t have a lot on there or she didn’t. I thought that I had put it in my favorites but couldn’t find it. So will have to get the name again. She has cute things on there but does not want to put too much on until she sees how it goes. I will send it tomorrow. You will have to tell me what you think and if you think her prices are too high.
      The bone in my leg is mending. I have to go to physical therapy to build up the strength in my leg. I also have arthritis in my knee. I hope that it is not going to give me a lot of trouble. I will have to go to therapy twice a week for a month and then go back to the doctor in six weeks and get another x-ray. I am hoping by then it will be healed and I will not have to wear that brace any longer.
      Bret must really appreciate getting those steaks. That is always a good gift for the kids when they live far away. I sent Danyielle food a couple of times when she lived in Texas. I tried sending her the wreaths from Valarie and she really liked it but they did not last long in Texas it was so hot. We sent one to her when they moved back and it lasted a lot longer. It is hard to think of things to send the kids when they live far away from home.
      I am really aggravated that we cannot get the Masked Singer anymore. That is one of the only shows that I watch every week on fox. They said that Dish
      will not pay the amount of money they want for the channel. They said if they agree it would raise our prices and they do not want to do that. I really don’t care. I only watch the one show and do not want to pay more money for that.
      I will pray for Greg’s friend. I really hope that he does okay. I will be so glad when they get enough of the vaccine for everyone to get a shot. We need to get back to normal.
      Colleen

• Gail Norusis
      Participant

Hi Colleen,
      Melissa must be creative. i remember a few years back didn’t she decorate a tree like a snowman or something like that. I remember her doing something and it was so cute.
      I will be praying that your leg heals quickly. I hope the therapy won’t be too hard. Is it far away or close by. Is it your right or left leg? That would make a difference with your ability to drive yourself.
      Usually I see Brent in the fall every year and then I get an idea of what he wants or needs so i get ideas for gifts that way. Since we didn’t see him this year and he is just getting moved in I thought money would be better anyway. When I send him the stuff from Omaha Steaks I usually try to send a box with a variety of things like steaks burgers chops hot dogs. Since I can’t cook him a Christmas meal it’s some kind of substitute.
      Dish is on the warpath with a lot of stations right now. They dropped WGN from our programming-fortunately we rarely watch it. I have read on the Q board of channels being dropped other places. Direct TV does the same song and dance so it’s no use switching. I’ll bet there will be a price increase anyway. If it’s too big i will call them and threaten to drop them and they may lower the price. Jenny does that all the time and we have been a customer for over 20 years.
      Good news we heard that Greg’s friend is being released from the hospital so that is good. I hope he continues to improve at home.
      Last night we were able to stream a concert from the Kansas City Museum. It’s a good thing he is on Facebook as it had to be streamed through their Facebook page. I am always on the lookout for someone streaming concerts or shows as that is the only outside entertainment that we are getting this year.
      Hoping to get more decorating done today.
      Gail

Attachments:
    • Gail Norusis
      Participant

Monday

Attachments:
    • adele shanbar
      Participant

Ho Ho. Ho girls
      I just wanted to post to say hey and check in
      I’m having trouble on here. It has been knocking me out and it gets aggravating to get back in. I have to get a message to Tiago
      I am ok. We got the tree up but not decorated. Steph said she would come over with Aizen. We shall see. JJ was a huge help. He did half the tree while I did the other half. He did a nice job getting the branches to look nice
      Yesterday JJ wanted to learn how to chop the veggies for chicken soup. Amanda taught him how to chop an onion
      Tillie has not been coming up for dinner. We have been bringing her food downstairs since she fell.
      Covid is real bad up here. It seems everyone’s work place is affected I don’t think we will be able to have anyone for Christmas if this keeps up. I m hoping at least Steph and Aizen can come as they are home alone with only two friends of Stephs that they see, and neither works outside the home right now
      I hope Colleens leg is doing well.
      I hope the windows and doors went in at Sue’s with no issues
      I also hope DD likes her new neighbor and enjoyed the new Blue Bloods last week… lol
      My last hope is for Gail to see her concerts on TV!!
      I m ok. Christmas carols r making me cry. I under how Sue is doing this holiday season??
      Luv u guys
      Adele

• Colleen
      Participant

Hi Gail,
      Here is the place to find Melissa’s things. Humble Abode Home Decor. Artistic Functional Home Decor by HumbleAbodeHome decor on Etsy. That is what she sent me. You know how to get on Etsy without any trouble. I thought that I put her site in my favorites but I guess it didn’t work. She did decorate an old tree that they weren’t using and made it into a snow man. She is good.
      The therapy starts Wednesday. I am not looking forward to this but it has to be done. I am sure that after the first couple times I go it will get easer. I just want to get this brace off I am tired of it. I miss going into the stores and seeing all the Christmas decorations and the music. This is the first time that I have not been to at least one store.
      That is a really good gift. Omaha steaks and meat is really good. Does Brent’s girlfriend have any children? I thought you said that she had one child but am not sure if I remember right or not.
      Have you found the Masked Singer on anywhere so we can still watch it? I have looked but cannot find it on any channel. I am just sick of this happening and wish there was a better way to watch tv.
      Thank God Greg’s friend is out of the hospital and doing well. It is always good to hear good news about a covid patient. They always make it sound like if you get it you will die. I think that they need to tell about the people that go home from the hospital. It would be nice if they would talk about people that have survived. Maybe people would not feel like things were so hopeless and be a lot more careful.
      I am glad that you can stream that concert. I know that you and Greg go to a lot of different concerts thru the year. Hopefully things will be back to normal next year.
      Have a good night and stay safe.
      Colleen

• Colleen
      Participant

Hi Adele,
      I am glad that you are on here tonight. I was wondering about you and DD. It seems like it has been a long time since she has been on here. I am sorry that Tillie is not coming upstairs for dinner. She really needs to socialize with everyone. I guess it is hard after she has fallen.
      Is JJ still at your house or did he go back home? Do the kids see their dad much or has he just walked out of all their lives. I noticed you do not talk about him much anymore. Brook’s boyfriend left her and is living with another woman got her pregnant and now he is living with a 16 year old. If I was that girls mother I would have him arrested. She is only 16 and he is in his 20’s. I cannot stand to look at that jerk. He does not try to see the baby or pay child support. I better stop.
      I did not know that they were showing new Blue Bloods. I am going to have to watch this week. I cannot remember when it comes on. I think it is Friday but I am probably wrong. It seems like after that wreck my memory is not as good as it was.
      Sounds like JJ is a lot of help to you and Gary. He wants to learn how to cut up vegetables for soup that is good. Maybe he is going to become a chef. He is interested in a lot of things. He was acting in plays for awhile wasn’t and enjoyed it and now he wants to learn to cook. He is a very talented young man.
      I wrote in my post to Gail about the leg. So you can read about it there. I am tired if wearing the stupid brace and will be glad to get rid of it.
      Well that is all from here. I hope that Steph and Aizen come over and help with the tree.
      Colleen

• Gail Norusis
      Participant

Hi Adele,
      I’m glad that you have JJ there to help you out. By the time he goes back home he’ll be able to cook dinner for his Mom.
      I’m sorry that Tillie is too frightened from her fall to come upstairs. Can you get down there to spend some time with her?
      That’s the only bad thing about the artificial trees is you have to spend time unbending the branches.
      We always laugh when we see all the cars coming out here from the city to get their real trees. I go all the city people want real trees and the country people want artificial. We used to have real years ago-we also used to cut our own sometimes. Then we tried an artificial and when I discovered i wasn’t vacuuming up pine needles two months later I never looked back. It was fake all the way for me. And then when the prelit ones came out and I didn’t have to listen to Greg grumbling about putting on the lights each year that was the icing on the cake. lol
      You are wise to keep it small for Christmas. As much as we would like to see everyone it’s a small price to pay to stay healthy. And I have hope that next year we can all be together again.
      We’ll see if our concert this week will be cancelled or not. Then Greg just got an email that a group that we know is doing a steaming Christmas music concert. So that will be something extra.
      Did anyone watch that Disney sing along concert. That was cute. Disney just seems to lift the spirit.
      I think it’s cathartic for you to cry with the Christmas music. Music is meant to move your soul and when your soul is in a sad place the tears can feel cleansing.
      Do you guys ever drive around and look at the Christmas light displays. I always find doing that is kind of uplifting and this year it is a kind of substitution for getting together with family and friends. I’m trying to concentrate on the things that I can do rather than the things that I can’t. It’s hard but it keeps me looking forward.
      Gail

Attachments:
    • Gail Norusis
      Participant

Hi Colleen,
      Thanks for the info on Melissa’s Etsy store. I will check it out.
      Even though I have done the majority of my shopping online the last few years i still miss going into the stores too. My friend and I normally go out on an afternoon during Christmas just to browse and see the sights and sounds and look at decorations. Not so much to shop but just to be out and about. it’s funny seeing the set ups they have this year for kids to see Santa. He seems to be behind plexiglass among other things. I was never big on taking my kids to see Santa when they were little anyway as most kids just cry so I skipped the whole thing. Plus we had a party every year with two other couples and each year the Dad’s took turns playing Santa. My Mom always said that Greg’s Santa was like W C Fields. lol
      Brent’s girlfriend does have a son who is 10 I think. I don’t think he has ever lived where there is snow before so i hope Brent takes him sledding. Our kids used to go sledding all the time as we had a big hill practically right behind our house that the neighborhood kids all played on. It was on our neighbors property but they always let the neighborhood kids use it. They were such nice people.
      We did not lose Fox on our dish. I think what you lost depends on where you live. We lost WGN. Plus if we lost Fox we could still get it through the antenna out of Rockford. The bad part would be though that we would have to watch it in real time so we couldn’t copy it and skip commercials. Plus most of The Bears games are on Fox so we couldn’t record them which means we could never go anywhere on a Sunday during football season. lol
      I guess after Christmas there is going to be a program The Masked Dancer too.
      Did you hear that break dancing is going to be a sport in the 2024 Olympics? Times do change. I actually think it will be fun to watch that.
      Greg got the info wrong. he just got a text from his friend in the hospital with Covid and he is going home this coming Saturday. The guy that told him he was already out isn’t a very reliable source so Greg should have known better than to believe him. So we will keep praying that he continues to get better.
      Yes, I hope that next year at this time people will be able to be out and about again. It’s weird now I see commercials with people in masks. I wonder if mask wearing had been stressed from the very beginning if less people would have died. I was just thinking about that earlier.
      I’m afraid that when I get out and start seeing people again that I will start talking and no one will be able to shut me up. lol As I am one of those people who will strike up a conversation with anyone anywhere. it used to drive my kids nuts. lol But I come by it honestly as my Mom was the same way.
      I hope your therapy goes well and you can soon give that brace the boot.
      Stay safe,
      Gail

Attachments:
    • Anonymous
      Inactive

Gail re your above meme. Its going to hurt when they dig up those potatoes. Gail if you see the meme about the service dog & lady in the check out line in back of the lady with a bunch of TP post it as it is so funny.

Good news I went to the grocery store today to get things for my baking & we now have the option to pick up our orders. Still no delivery but you can pick up. It just started & a lady was going around filling an order. She ask me if I was finding everything so I told her what I was looking for & she went & got it for me. so now I will need to figure how this works so I can just go pick up my stuff. It was so cold & windy today I was taking off my mask as I was going to get in my car & now I don’t have it the only thing I can think is it must have blown away. Then I got home & did not have my bonus card. I called & it was not turned in, Last I had it was at the checkout. So they said to stop the next time I am in & they will make me a new one. I am glad he printed my certificate for my free ham as I would hate to lose those points & not be able to get a free ham. So there was only87 points left after he printed that so that so that won’t be a big loss if I lose them. Do you know if you still get your points if you pick up your order?
      I know someone said you don’t get special prices.

Then I went to a second store. Thats when I noticed my mask missing but I had another in the car so I was okay. I went there to get a gift card for my 100 year old friend for Christmas. I always get them a ham loaf too as she mentioned before she could not find them anymore. We have a place up here that sells them so I need to go get that. Then bake her son some cookies. Then deliver them. I am thinking just leave it on her porch for them to take inside. She won’t like that as she will want me to come in awhile but I sure would not want to carry the virus to her at her age. Then I will give cookies to the neighbors & that is the extent of my shopping. I have no one else to buy for.

Adele ask about my windows. I have heard no more. So I don’t know if he plans to go ahead with it or not.

• Gail Norusis
      Participant

Hi Sue,
      I will keep an eye out for that meme. Greg may see it on Facebook and he can send it to me. Sometimes we are like two teenagers who are in the same room texting each other. His laptop is in the family room and mine is in the living room-so I can be out of his way while he is working in the morning. We are always emailing each other memes that we think are funny.
      That is awesome that you can now pick up from your grocery store. Now you won’t have to go in and shop which will be a big relief for you. I am so happy that you found that out. I know WalMart has a limit of at least 35 dollars for pick up. That is never an issue for us as we go as long as we can between pick ups so we need a lot of stuff each time. Maybe you can ask whoever brings out the groceries to stamp or punch your card or however that works now. it will be nice to get that free ham. Our independent grocery store used to do that but now that we have Walmart there are no more free turkeys or hams. Our WalMart is pretty small compared to many others.
      I always try to carry an extra mask or even two in my purse just in case.
      I’m not sure that I have ever had or seen ham loaf. I am assuming it’s made from ground up ham-kind of like a meatloaf.
      Yes, i would leave the stuff on the porch for your friend too. You wouldn’t want to take a chance of getting her sick.
      Maybe the landlord decided to not do anything until spring. It just seems like December is not the time to be replacing windows.
      Will you make yourself a Christmas dinner like you did at Thanksgiving? I know my sister instead of making a turkey for Thanksgiving as it was just her made a cornish hen for herself. Kind of like a little tiny turkey. lol
      I hope we don’t get snow any time soon as Greg still doesn’t have the plow working. Putting in the new motor didn’t work either so I don’t know what the next step is. he’s going to test something or other today but i don’t quite understand. It seems like nothing can ever be easy. Every project always runs into complications.
      I think you watch Grey’s Anatomy. I am so tired of seeing the Covid story on there. I know being a hospital show they almost have to address it but it’s too much like real life. I watch shows for diversion. I am really wondering if this will be the last year for the show as Ellen Pompeo’s contract ends in 2021 and I doubt they would do the show without her-although i would watch without her as she has never been one of my favorites-but she is the favorite of many watchers. Also I am finding the show The Connors depressing this year rather than funny. It’s sad that after 20 years Dan and his family are still struggling financially and are at the point of losing their house unless all the kids pay rent. I would hope that by this time in his life Dan could be looking at retiring. Everything about that show now seems so sad instead of funny. I know they are trying to depict the reality of what happened to many people because of Covid but it just makes me sad.
      Gail

Attachments:
    • Gail Norusis
      Participant

My Santa advent calendar is dressed differently this year.

Attachments:
    • adele shanbar
      Participant

Colleen
      I am so sorry about Brook and the father of her baby. What an piece of crap he is. She must be devastated. Thanks God she has all of you. Someday she will find a good partner who will love her snd her baby. Someone kind with a good heart
      JJ had been here since school started and will stay until school is over or longer. He is not happy with how his Mom is dealing with Heathers loss. Steph just can’t get out of her own way. It is enough for her to care for Aizen right now. JJ goes home when Jhonny has a day off to see all of them. Steph and Aizen stop by during the week. Jhonny had been in snd out of the house because Steph keeps changing her mind on whether she wants him or not. She can’t get over that he was with another woman when they were split up before Heather died
      Yes Blue Bloods is on Friday
      I have not heard from DD. I hope I remember to text her and see hiw she is
      I feel bad that Tillie is not coming up anymore. I hope that changes
      Hope you have a good day and your leg feels better
      Adele

• adele shanbar
      Participant

Hey Gailster
      On our street me snd my neighbor are the ones all decorated. It looks like we are in competition. Lol. But this year she had way more than me
      Please see post to Colleen for all info. Lol
      I feel so bad for her Brook. That is just awful. She does not deserve that.
      I feel the same way. Way too much trouble with real trees. But the smell is unbelievable lol.
      Everybody up this way had bought all the real trees. It had been all over the news. Very funny
      JJ likes to cook. I find that very funny. He wants to know the reason for each ingredient. He tends to overthink everything. Lol
      Hope your day is good
      Marissa stopped by yesterday with the baby because she got another negative on another covid test. Enzos work has been bad. Enzo is working alone because a lot of them are sick. So far he is ok
      This is bad up here
      Hope u are ok
      Adele

• adele shanbar
      Participant

Hi Sur
      That’s too bad about the windows. I was hoping your place would be less drafty this year for you snd you could save on heat
      That’s great that you can do the curbside pickup. I know I do not get coupons when I do the food through Instacart. But I figure the convenience snd kick of risk is worth it. I am so afraid of anyone going to the supermarket up here right now. Our state is rolling back openings again. It is bad up here
      I know do many people who are sick. Yep of Nancy’s daughters (she has not sent them in months). People at Enzo’s work. People at Bobby’s work. Funny thing is nobody in the auto body is sick accept one who we rarely see. So we have been real lucky there
      I pray every night that none of us get sick. All you guys are in my prayers too
      I have not left the house since Heather died. No intention of going out there
      Marissa had another negative test do she stopped over for a small visit. It made my day cause I love seeing the baby.
      So glad you posted. I worry about you being alone down there
      You are a good friend to that woman who is 100. God bless her!!
      Stay safe snd figure. Out the curbside delivery. Call the store. I am sure they will help you!!
      Luv u
      Adele

• adele shanbar
      Participant

Hi Sur
      That’s too bad about the windows. I was hoping your place would be less drafty this year for you snd you could save on heat
      That’s great that you can do the curbside pickup. I know I do not get coupons when I do the food through Instacart. But I figure the convenience snd kick of risk is worth it. I am so afraid of anyone going to the supermarket up here right now. Our state is rolling back openings again. It is bad up here
      I know do many people who are sick. Yep of Nancy’s daughters (she has not sent them in months). People at Enzo’s work. People at Bobby’s work. Funny thing is nobody in the auto body is sick accept one who we rarely see. So we have been real lucky there
      I pray every night that none of us get sick. All you guys are in my prayers too
      I have not left the house since Heather died. No intention of going out there
      Marissa had another negative test do she stopped over for a small visit. It made my day cause I love seeing the baby.
      So glad you posted. I worry about you being alone down there
      You are a good friend to that woman who is 100. God bless her!!
      Stay safe snd figure. Out the curbside delivery. Call the store. I am sure they will help you!!
      Luv u
      Adele

• Anonymous
      Inactive

Those that get QVC2 it is going back to some live programs. Angel said their 1st one back will be Sunday Funday but at a different time. In the Kitchen with Mary will be back on too. I think Angel did a good job doing shows from her home but some were whinning about that.

• Colleen
      Participant

Hi Adele,
      We have all bought extra for Grayson this year. So she does not have to worry about his Christmas this year. I plan on doing this as long as I can. I hope and prat that she finds a really nice guy that will be good to her and Grayson. He is always so happy and smiling. Even when you are correcting him he smiles. He sticks his hand in the vcr and gets shocked every time and does it again. He smiles and just keeps on.
      It is good that JJ has you there for him. He has a place to go where everyone is getting on with their lives and have not forgotten Heather at the same time. It is hard but you are doing it for all the others. It is good you have Amanda and Bobby there to help you with JJ. It is good that he wants to cook with you and Amanda.
      Steph needs to make up her mind before she drives him away for good. It is hard on her I am sure when she found he was with another woman but it was while they were separated. She can’t be upset they were not together if they were then I would not blame her. I am getting crabby and should mind my own business.
      I started therapy on my leg. I could not believe how tired I was when she was done. She said that she will add more exercises every time I come to therapy. I have to go for 4 to 6 weeks. I did not want to have to do this for that long but if it helps me to get rid of the brace I will do it. On Friday she said that I will be able to quit using the walker and use a cane. I have to bring the cane with Friday so she can show me how to use it. and build strength in my leg.
      Hopefully Tillie will come upstairs soon. Maybe she will now that it is getting closer to Christmas. She will want to eat with you Christmas Eve and day. I hope she does it.
      Colleen

• Colleen
      Participant

Hi Gail,
      This is the first time that I done most of my shopping on line. Usually I go to the Mall or different stores to shop. I miss the black Friday shopping. It was fun to be out with all the shoppers and all the excitement. We never got into any of the fights that they had at Wal-Mart so that is probably why we had fun shopping. Usually we would be around people and they were friendly and if they knew where something was you were looking for they would tell you. I guess we were lucky.
      That would be nice for this little boy to get to sledding and make his first snowman. It is fun to remember those days when our girls would go sledding and have so much fun. Sometimes I wish that we could go back to those days.
      I am going to have to find out what is going on with Masked Singer. I hope we get that station back pretty soon. I really miss watching that show. I don’t know what the masked dancer will be like. I do not know that many dancers.
      I wrote to Adele about the therapy. you can read about it there if you want to know. That is about all from here. Have a great night and stay safe.
      Colleen

• adele shanbar
      Participant

Hey Sue
      We don’t get QVC 2 up here
      But thank you for letting all of us know.
      How are you??
      Did you try the curbside pick up yet?
      Are you getting snow tomorrow too?
      Hope you are ok and warm and cozy
      Luv u
      Adele

• adele shanbar
      Participant

Hey Sue
      We don’t get QVC 2 up here
      But thank you for letting all of us know.
      How are you??
      Did you try the curbside pick up yet?
      Are you getting snow tomorrow too?
      Hope you are ok and warm and cozy
      Luv u
      Adele

• adele shanbar
      Participant

Hi Colleen
      I feel the same way you do. But she will not listen. She came here yesterday and spent most of the time on her phone arguing with him. Jhonny was sent home from work because someone at the Post Office had covid. He is at his mothers right now. He already had covid do I don’t know if he can get it again
      I will be praying for your granddaughter. I feel so bad for her. She does not deserve this
      I hope you will get to use the cane. Please be careful do you will not fall!’ We are so fragile at our ages
      I hope Tillie bogeys over her fear too as I hate that she is eating downstairs all the time
      I get sick a kick out of JJs interest in cooking. Today I am doing a boiled dinner.
      Hope you are ok. Please stay safe
      Luv u
      Adele

• Colleen
      Participant

Hi Adele,
      These kids will not listen to what you try to tell them. So we just have to sit and watch them make their mistakes and hope they end up making the right decision. It is hard but I guess our parents had to do the same thing.
      I do not know how many times you can get covid. I have not heard anything about how many times you can get this. They do not give out that type of information. We really need to get more information like that.
      Thank-you for the prayers. She has got a job that is so much better then what she had. She works at wal-mart and makes better money and has a regular schedule. So she has more time with the baby and can get a regular babysitter.
      I went to therapy again today. They really gave me a work out today. I was sore and still have exercises to do tonight. I am pedaling now also so that is a good thing.
      I am glad that JJ is enjoying cooking. It will be fun to have him helping you cook. It is fun when the grands want to do things with us and learn new things. It has to be fun for him staying with you.
      Well that is about all from here. I will say prayers for Steph. You have a great night and stay safe.
      Colleen

• adele shanbar
      Participant

Hey Colleen
      It us hard to watch them make mistakes.
      Well things changed again. They have reconciled and Jhonny is back home. I sincerely hope this is the last time.
      Steph is decorating and getting things for Christmas. Thsnk God. She stopped by to get JJ and she looks better.
      Now I have to hurry and finish the stocking for Enzos brother snd go one for Jhonny before Christmas. I was going to do Gary’s next. Lol
      Pic attached of the one I just finished for Carmella and the one I started for Benny Jr. those are Enzos older sibs
      Ho. Ho. Ho
      It’s raining up here. Very gloomy
      Hope your day is bright

Attachments:
    • Colleen
      Participant

Hi Adele,
      I hope this works out with Johnny home .It would probably be better for the boys. I hope that they will all be there for Christmas so you can enjoy having them home with you. I will be praying for them
      Those stockings are really cute. You are really good at making those stockings. I imagine that everyone will keep those forever. I still have the stockings that my mom made for me when I was a child. My kids all still have theirs.
      Not a whole lot going on here. It is just really cold. I am glad that the rain has stopped. They say we have a chance of snow flurries but I do not think we will get any. They always say we are getting some but it goes around us most of the time.
      That is about all from here. Have a great night and stay safe.
      Colleen

• Dianne Danielson
      Participant

HI Ladies,
      I’m alive!! Sorry I haven’t been on here for so long. Just not lots to talk about. The apt is a mess. My knee & legs give out on me more than I like. Sometimes I go to the store just to get out of the house. But it’s cold here so the trips are few & far between.
      Hallie’s been real sick the past week or so. It sounds like the virus to me, all the classic signs of it, but she tested negative. I haven’t been near her in a couple weeks at least. I could be in more danger from catching the old fashioned cold with the weather like it is.
      We’re getting lots of snow in the higher elevations as usual. I heard the East coast is getting hammered with snow & cold temps. It’s gonna be a long cold winter, I’m afraid. Even here.
      I’ve been trying to get my cards out, but just haven’t been in the mood. I was reading the verses inside & all spoke of joy with family & friends, & we all know that’s not happening for any of us. And we all know there are friends among us who have endured unimaginable loss this year. I feel like a hypocrite wishing joy, etc., when I know full well there are almost 300,000 families who lost loved ones as well as our friends. Just doesn’t feel right somehow.
      As for this vaccination coming out so quick, I have reservations about it. I know people who are allergic to the regular vaccination for the flu. I’m skeptical of it. I’m not sure it’s been tested enough. What if you have a reaction to it. I read some reactions, like Bells palsy occurs.
      Well, I guess I better get off here before I bore y’all to death!!
      take care & stay safe & well!!!
      dd

Attachments:
    • Anonymous
      Inactive

I may be snowed in until next Spring. We are to get 20 inches of snow Wed into Thur. So I going to try to run Christmas stuff to my friend in town & pick up my ham & a few other things at the grocery store tomorrow. Trying to get it done as I will not be able to shovel all that snow. My neighbor will probably do some around my car. I don’t know if Luke will come over but don’t want to call him as he will work than have his at home to do.
      Gail did Greg get his plow fixed? Jenny had a photo of the kids & dog on Facebook playing in the snow but it looked like they just had a little bit.

• Gail Norusis
      Participant

Hi Everyone,
      I hope I can get this written and posted. Our internet service has been crappy again so you never know when it will go out. You call and they know nothing except that they are having problems but have no idea when it will be fixed. Last time we were like this for weeks. How come it takes so long to fix. Our choices of providers are limited out in the country.
      Sue, wow, you are in for a whale of a storm. Just stay safe and stay inside. I wish you had someone to shovel for you. I know for myself I just couldn’t do it. Greg did get the plow going. He has a friend who knows a guy who works on these types of things so he came over and found the problem and they fixed it. It’s nice when people help each other out. This guy just said he wanted to do it because he wanted people to be nice to each other. However, I know Greg and he ended up giving the guy some money for helping out. Greg plows and snow blows at our apartment-I wish your landlord did the same. Sometimes by the time he gets there the tenants(who are much younger) have shoveled some too. We did not have much snow at all but I think the kids were excited just to go out and play in the little that we had. Luke loves the snow. He will dig his head right in it. Jenny got lucky when she adopted him. He is a good dog-his only fault is that he doesn’t like men although he loves Ricky and he has learned to like Greg and come to trust him. It makes me wonder if he came from somewhere where a man was mean. On the other hand their newer dog Lucy loves to chew and has demolished quite a few things around their house. That storm looks like it is totally missing us. Stay safe and keep in touch. By the way-I loved your card with the dog and the truck. So pretty.
      DD I hope Hallie will be okay. I will pray for her. It sounds like you are a bit down. Have you seen a doctor about your knee and legs?
      I do understand your feeling s about the cards. But we have to remember that the message of Christmas is also about peace and hope and those are both things that we need to believe in right now.
      I hope a lot of people will get the vaccine. The more that get it the more will have immunity and the virus will die out. Like small pox that was virtually eradicated. But this has to be a world wide effort. I imagine there will be many public service announcements encouraging people to get it. I will get it when our turn comes around. I kind of see it as a civic duty to help get rid of the virus. I am allergic to the flu shot but that doesn’t worry me as this is something totally different.
      Anyway, DD, I am sending you love and hugs and hope that you are feeling more hopeful soon. How is Snowball? Did you see the picture I posted of the cat dressed up. It reminded me of him.
      Colleen, I hope the therapy is going well. I agree-I would be motivated to get rid of that brace too.
      It will be exciting to have Grayson’s first Christmas. I’ll bet he’ll be so cute.
      You know I never went out on Black Friday. I know Jenny and her friends did a few times but after that she did strictly online shopping as it is so much easier for her between working and Mom stuff.
      I am excited to see that “star” that will be on the 21st. With Jupiter and Saturn being close together. I hope that we can see it from here and it shows up. Last week they said we could possibly see the northern lights but that didn’t pan out. Monday is Piper’s 8th birthday. How did she get so old already?
      I guess we will drive over and drop off her present and that will be it. Same with Christmas. That will be hard but we are staying safe so we can spend future Christmases together.
      Adele, your stockings are so pretty. Your fingers must be sore. Now you will have to figure out what to make for everyone next year. You will run out of ideas. lol
      Hugs and love to everyone and stay safe,
      Gail

Attachments:
    • adele shanbar
      Participant

Hi DD
      Don’t worry about the cards. Many feel like you do about everything. All those families are as devastated as me, Colleen, and Sue who have lost loved ones Every time I think of all those families it makes me sick. Plus we know quite a few. Three more died last week who I know. A customer of Gary’s, an old foster parent of mine, and an attorney I used to work with on child abuse cases. Just awful. Then our dear Barbara. I often wonder how her family is doing
      I am very sorry for your legs not doing well. It’s awful when we can’t do what we want to do because of arthritis or other ills
      Do you have any food shopping services in your area that you can use?
      We are getting blasted with a snow storm tomorrow. God help us!!
      I did get my wrapping done. That’s one task finished. I’m going to try to get three cookies baked starting on Sunday. That is my goal.
      I’m also working in trying to finish two more stockings. One for Jhonny because he snd Steph are back together. One for Gary Jhonny picked the same one I just made for Carmella.
      I pray for you every night. Please stay safe and know you are loved by your Quacker friends
      Luv. Adele

Attachments:
    • Gail Norusis
      Participant

Some memes for today.

Attachments:
    • adele shanbar
      Participant

Omg Sue!!
      You are getting more than us. We are getting a foot of snow
      I am waiting for our food shopping. They were so busy I could not get a delivery time yesterday. Supposed to come before noon. Snow to start after dark
      I hope you got your errands done and have all you need to hunker down fur the storm. I hope you do not loose electricity
      Stay safe my friend!!!!
      Adele

• adele shanbar
      Participant

Hey Gailster
      Glad the plow got fixed. You are lucky the storm missed you. We’re getting blasted. I ordered plenty of ice melt from Hime Depot before they ran out
      I’m waiting for groceries to be delivered so we should be all set
      My fingers are actually better doing the needlepoint bit exercises them and the arthritis is not so achy when I do it. Isn’t that funny??
      Hoping everyone will be safe with this storm!!!
      Adele
      Ps. I am going to try to see the star too

• Anonymous
      Inactive

Yep we are in the bullseye of this storm. Lucky us. I got everything done yesterday & have enough groceries for a month or more. I may need bread or milk later on but can get it close by. The snow has started here already & is to last until tomorrow morning. We can get 2 to 3 inches an hour. They are telling people to stay home if possible of course they won’t listen. I was hoping it would start a little later so I could check my mail but I guess there will be nothing but bills anyway. Post office seems to get them out if nothing else. The store was not as bad yesterday as I thought it may be but guess it was jam packed this morning. I even got my pork & sauerkraut for New Years. They were well stocked with everything. I am seeing no shortages like before.
      I got a call yesterday that one of my friends has passed away due to Corvid. I still cannot believe people won’t take it seriously.

• adele shanbar
      Participant

Hi Sue
      I am so sorry about your friend. I feel the same way. What will it take for people to realize this is deadly?
      My neighbor got a letter from her bank telling her she was there when someone who has covid wax there. So I will not be seeing her for a while. I pray she will be ok because she has severe asthma
      I am so glad you have everything up to New Years Eve Go Sue!!!
      We have to prepare to be in the house for a while at any time. You are real good st prep. You are our model
      It will be snowing soon here. Err getting up to 18 inches.
      Adele

• adele shanbar
      Participant

Hey Colleen
      Please read my posts for all the info if the day!! Lol
      We are getting blasted with 18 in of snow. God help us all. Sue is getting it too
      Thsnk you for the compliments on the stockings.
      I hope Steph snd Jhonny stay together. This has been so upsetting. Especially since Heather is gone. I pray so hard for them every night. I pray for everyone every night. Sometimes I say …. God you know who I am talking about. I’m too tired to mention all of them. Lol
      Have a good night
      Adele

• Colleen
      Participant

I just posted on here and the whole thing disappeared. I will try again tomorrow.
      Colleen

• Anonymous
      Inactive

Well we really got a pile of snow dumped on us. I hope we get no more all winter because it will take that long for this to go away. It is so cold it sure won’t melt anytime soon. We lost power during the night but I think it was just for a few hours. I was sleeping but when I woke up my clock was flashing so I knew it had been off. That was 4 AM so I reset the clock & went back to bed. My neighbor shoveled my walk & some around my car but it came off the roof & is all around my car. He said I may need to move it so they can shovel the rest. Only problem I do not know where I would move it to as snow is everywhere. Plus I would need to clean off the car so what I took off it would also need to be shoveled. I told him I am not going anywhere so it really does not matter. So he will not let me pay him so I gave him a bunch of cookies & a dish with some of the macaroni dish I made yesterday so he would have something warm.
      Adele I heard them say Boston got 7 inches. That is way less than what we got. You should see it on my deck very deep but I am not going out to measure it. It can stay there until it goes away. Just about everything closed early yesterday so people could get home. The roads are not to bad this morning because they plowed it all in on our cars.

• Colleen
      Participant

Hi All,
      I tried to post on here last night and lost the whole thing. It is so aggravating. I have no idea what happened. I have been having trouble with my stomach again. It just kind of hits when it wants to and I do not know what brings it on. I wish we could figure that out and maybe I could stop it from happening.
      You are all really getting hit with snow. We have not had any at all. I wish we would get at least a dusting it always looks so pretty. We won’t get any here though there is none in the forecast.
      Adele ,I have been praying for Steph and Johnny also. If they can work it out they should just do. They must mean something to each other or they wouldn’t keep getting back together.
      DD,I feel the same way you do about the cards. I guess we have to try and find all the Christmas spirit we can. I have a feeling the next few years are really going to be rough .All we can do is pray. I hope that ou and Crit can spend some time together. Then it will not be so lonesome. We will just have to make due.
      Gail, That is good Greg got the snow plow fixed. Maybe there will be too much snow and he won’t have to use it. I hope that we can see the star. That will be such a pretty star to see. We all need to see a star like that. Grayson is a little butter ball. He just smiles all the time. I hope he stays like that for the rest of his childhood. If he is he will have a lot easier life.
      Well that is about all from here. Have a great night and stay safe.
      Colleen

• Colleen
      Participant

Gail, thanks for posting all the memes. They always make us smile and laugh. We need that right now. DD, thank you for posting all the pictures that you post. They are always so pretty. They always bring a smile to my face. You cheer us up with the pictures you post and that means a lot.
      Colleen

• adele shanbar
      Participant

Hey everyone
      Sue. Glad you made it through the storm with not much difficulty. If it warms up you will be able to get the car out. It’s freezing up here. Everything turned to ice. It’s a mess on our street.
      We got 14 inches. Boston got more than you heard. Some parts got 12 and south parts of Boston got a little less.
      Attaching a security ic of our back yard. You can see Bobby snow blowing
      I’m glad you are ready for Christmas cause it’s miserable out in this mess!!
      Will you get warmer temps this week?
      Colleen
      Glad you did not get blasted with snow. It is hard enough with your leg without adding snow
      Thank you for the compliments on the stockings. I’ll attach the one I just finished for Jhonny and starting the snowman for Gary. I’m hoping to get it done
      Hope your leg is feeling better
      Gailster
      Glad you are all done with your shopping too. I ordered those ribs from Temptations cause I was going to give a Steph and Marissa a ton with cookies in them. It is saying they will be here the 24th. That’s too late I wanted to wash them before I put cookies in them!!
      Love the memes. I keep forgetting to say that. Lol
      Bobby did so much shoveling snd snow blowing. He started at 6am. for the first run through
      I’m starting to bake Sunday. Trying to do three cookies. Maybe four. One a day lol
      I have those Pillsbury bake cookies just in case. Sue told me I should have ordered Dave’s cookies. I’ll get those next year!
      I hope once I bake I can listen to Christmas carols without cryin
      DD
      Hope you are feeling better. I am praying you will feel better b I hope you can spend some time with Critt this holiday season. I also hope your friend is feeling better and dies not end up in the hospital. This is just awful. It has been going on for so long. I am glad none of us had caught it.
      I often think about our sweet Barbara. I miss her
      Luv u guys

Attachments:
    • Colleen
      Participant

Hi Adele,
      I like the stocking that you are making for Johnny. I like the snowman he looks so cheerful. That is nice that you are making one for Jonny. It is nice that you are getting made that quickly. It is nice that he will have one for Christmas like the rest of the family.
      You really got a lot of snow. Have they cleared the streets enough that it is easy to get around? Once they get that done the snow is not as bad. The one thing that I do not like is sleet or freezing rain. Then it is impossible to get around.
      I still miss Barbara. The last time that she e-mailed she wanted to know if I could recommend some exercises to help build up strength and that was the last time I heard from her until I heard she had passed. I miss her talking about her Colin.
      I bought some of Davids cookies to fix for Christmas. I will not be out of the brace yet so it will just be easier. I got the ones with the sprinkles on them. I hope that they taste as good as they look.
      Well that is about all from here. Have a great night and stay safe.
      Colleen

• Gail Norusis
      Participant

Hi Everyone,
      Been kind of busy so I haven’t been on much. Even with no one coming over I have been busy wrapping and decorating and writing cards. The cards might be late but they will arrive eventually.
      DD, I hope that you are feeling more hopeful and that Hallie is okay.
      Sue, I am sorry to hear about your friend’s passing. Every person that passes from this awful virus leaves a hole in their family and friends hearts. It makes me so sad. However, I am glad that we have all stayed safe so far and I hope that we continue to.
      Are you getting rid of some of the snow. It’s going to be fortyish here the next few days and then down to the 20’s for Christmas Eve and Christmas Day.
      Adele, your stockings are so nice. I hope the baking is going well and that you can listen to some music while you are doing it.
      Colleen, I’m sorry that your stomach is acting up. I thought you got some answers on that a bit ago. Will you be seeing anyone for Christmas? We will be dropping off the kids gifts around noon and then come home and spend the day with just me and Greg. It will be weird.
      I am trying to think of it as not sad but different.
      I have had the David’s cookie dough before and it comes out good. Basically like home made.
      I miss Barbara too. I can only imagine how her family is feeling.
      I am glad that you all are enjoying the memes. I try to keep it light.
      Last week one night I told Greg I was tired of staying home and that we needed to get out and look at light show and then pick up something for dinner. So we found a church over in Rockford that had a drive through light display and we drove over there and went through it. It just made me feel better seeing the lights and the other people even if they were strangers in their cars. It made me feel a part of something.
      Some days I am so used to staying home that I forget that there is a whole world going on out there without me. Most days I don’t mind but some days I long to see other people and to hug my kids and grandkids again.
      We streamed a concert by a James Taylor impersonator and a concert from The Ides of March this weekend so we had lots of musical entertainment. Both were free.
      I still need to wrap Kendall’s gifts today and then I will be done. Everyone that I sent packages to received them so I’m glad that we went UPS. Brent should have gotten his stuff from Omaha steaks although I haven’t heard from him yet.
      Catch ya later,
      Gail

Attachments:
    • Colleen
      Participant

Hi Gail,
      I did get the answers as to what is going on with my stomach but I will still have problems. I do have pills to take when i feel nausea. There is nothing that will stop it unless I have surgery. They cannot guarantee that it would help so it is not worth having it done.
      The kids will all be here Christmas. Melissa and the kids are moving back home with us. So it should be interesting. I am not sure if I can handle another teenager in this house. We already went thru that. lol
      It will be nice if you get to see the kids for a little while over Christmas. Even if it is just to see them and give them their gifts. I wish that you could spend time with them and watch them open their gifts. It is a shame that the weather is getting that cold and you cannot stand outside and talk for awhile. The weather does not cooperate.
      I like the tree with the little present under it. I wonder how they got that to stick in there. I am so glad that you keep finding and posting the memes. It is nice to have something to smile about.
      Colleen

• Gail Norusis
      Participant

Hi Colleen,
      Yes, it does not seem worth it to get the stomach surgery if they can’t guarantee it will help. Anyway, I hope the pills help you feel better. You don’t want to feel bad when you are seeing everyone over the holiday.
      I did not realize that Melissa was moving back. Even though you will have a teenager this time you won’t be the parent and have to deal with the issues-you can sit back and watch your daughter do it instead. Who knows it might be like payback. lol
      We couldn’t see the star last night. I was so disappointed. We did run over to drop off Piper’s present and stayed for a few minutes to chat while she opened it. We were masked and Jenny and Ricky were masked. We will do the same at Christmas.
      I always feel a little sad when we leave but I just keep telling myself we are doing the right thing and keeping safe so we can be together in the future. It will be a different Christmas that is for sure. Very quiet and calm compared to the usual bustle of the kids. It must be what it was like for my parents all those years not having any family living close by for the holidays. Very different from my childhood when we had a houseful of relatives most of who stayed for several days over holidays. Our holidays growing up were like one big party.
      I’m glad that you are liking the memes. Some days we need a light lightness and laughter in our lives.
      Gail

Attachments:
    • adele shanbar
      Participant

Colleen
      Omg. Melissa is coming home. This virus is affecting everyone in so many ways. Thank God she has a home to come home too because of you and Ron
      It has its good snd bad points. I am sure it will be mostly good for all of you. The kids add life to a home. But there are days it gets too noisy snd you need to hide Lol
      I hope this will be good for all of you
      Will they be home this week or after Christmas?
      I hope your belly feels better. Nothing worst than belly issues on a holiday
      Please stay safe.
      Adele

• adele shanbar
      Participant

Hey Gailster
      It’s good you saw the kids. But sad it was for a short time. I guess we have to be greatful for the little safe time we get with people. I have not seen my friends in over a year. That is an amazing thing. And sad. So many have not seen their grands It is mind boggling. Then add all the souls who are gone Very sad times
      Thank you for making us smile with the memes!!
      Hope everyone is getting ready for whatever kind of holiday we will get
      I am baking. Pics attached
      My neighbor made me an ornament of Angel wings for Heather. It us so pretty pic attached
      Adele

Attachments:
    • adele shanbar
      Participant

Ho Colleen
      I’m trying to get Gary’s done by tonight. I hope I can I will sit here and listen to the TV while stitching away Mug making a cookie toddy cause Nobby needs the kitchen to make a gravy for Christmas Eve. I will try to mix the dough gif the next t one snd out it in the fridge until tomorrow. It just do thewhole cookie tomorrow. Lol
      When do the kids move in? Are you excited??
      I hope you have a good Christmas anc that your leg does not give you too much trouble Stay safe
      Adele
      Ps. Thank you gif the compliments on the stockings

• adele shanbar
      Participant

Ho Colleen
      I’m trying to get Gary’s done by tonight. I hope I can I will sit here and listen to the TV while stitching away Mug making a cookie toddy cause Nobby needs the kitchen to make a gravy for Christmas Eve. I will try to mix the dough gif the next t one snd out it in the fridge until tomorrow. It just do thewhole cookie tomorrow. Lol
      When do the kids move in? Are you excited??
      I hope you have a good Christmas anc that your leg does not give you too much trouble Stay safe
      Adele
      Ps. Thank you gif the compliments on the stockings

• Gail Norusis
      Participant

Hi Adele,
      That is amazing that you have not seen some friends for a year. I’m sure they are all staying home too. We have not seen some friends since almost that long. Greg is lucky that he saw his friends during golf season.
      Well, I feel grateful that we can see the grands even if it’s for minutes. Some grandparents have not seen their grand kids since March or longer. I feel so bad for them.
      I am glad that you are enjoying the memes. I’m trying to keep us smiling.
      That was sweet of your neighbor to think of you and make that ornament. That was a special thing to do.
      I had to laugh when you said Nobby needed the kitchen to make the gravy. It reminded me of a character in Harry Potter called Dobby who was a house elf. lol
      Sometimes your autocorrected postings are a comedy act in itself. lol
      Gail

Attachments:
    • adele shanbar
      Participant

Hey Gailster
      And….. those are the typos I did not see. Lol
      So my neighbor texts me last night to say two elves went out and unburied our blow up Santa on the lawn. After the last storm Santa got buried snd would not blow up. Gary tried to fix him snd could not do my neighbor did. I am so blessed to have good people in my neighborhood who help each other
      I hope I will be able to reach my last goal of two more cookies today. Ho. Ho. Ho
      Luv u guys
      Adele

• Gail Norusis
      Participant

Adele,
      What wonderful neighbors that you have.
      How did the cookies go.
      Gail

Attachments:
    • Gail Norusis
      Participant

Merry Christmas to all. Whether you are celebrating alone or with family I wish you a special day of peace and love.
      Please stay safe and be well.
      Hugs,
      Gail

Attachments:
    • adele shanbar
      Participant

Hey Gailster
      Cookies are done. Finished last one at 9:30 last night
      Pics attached. Lol
      Adele
      Ps. I have great neighbors!!

Attachments:
    • adele shanbar
      Participant

Hello everyone

Please have a safe, happy and healthy Christmas snd New Year!

Sparkle on!!

Love. Adele

• Anonymous
      Inactive

Merry Christmas Everyone!!

Gail thank you for the e card it is so cute.

• Colleen
      Participant

Hi Adele,
      Your cookies look really good. I did not make any not even the ones I bought from David’s. The kids went to Amanda’s and baked cookies and we just stayed home. I went to therapy and they took the brace off. I am done wearing that thing. That was my biggest Christmas presents .I go back to the doctor and see what he says. I do not go until the 14th of January.
      I tried to send you an E Christmas card but it came back to me. I do not know why I have trouble sending them to you and DD. I tried a second time and will see if it goes thru.
      I hope you have a great Christmas and you get to see your grands. Have a great night and stay safe.
      Colleen

• Colleen
      Participant

Hi Gail,
      It certainly has been a lot noisier since they came home. The other girls came over to see her Wednesday night and we had a houseful. I guess that it will be like that now that she is home and everyone is trying to show support.
      I will not have to wear the brace tomorrow so that will be nice. I just have to be careful not and not get tired out. I will have to use a cane when I go to the store or anywhere else until we get the leg strong enough.
      I hope that you and Greg have a nice day. Maybe you will get to talk to the kids over the computer. Do you have skype? We do not have to use it this year we will all be here. I cannot wait.
      Well that is all from here. Have a Merry Christmas stay safe.
      Colleen

• Colleen
      Participant

Merry Christmas to everyone and Happy New Year.
      Colleen

• Dianne Danielson
      Participant

HI Ladies,
      MERRY CHRISTMAS one & all. I’m gonna try again. I’m okay. Just a tad bit lonely. The family I used to go to their home for Christmas dinner moved back to Springfield, Mo. over the summer. I got a card from them & imagine my shock & surprise when I looked at the return address & it was MO!! Her family lives back there, so I’m not too surprised. I know she was missing her family & talked about it from time to time. Altho this yr I was going to tell them I wouldn’t be coming out due to the virus. But it was already taken care of.
      We’ve had some soaking rains, but now we’re under weather alert for air stagnation for a couple days. I can’t figure out why, there’s no haze or anything in the air. At least not like last Sept. when we had that god awful smoke for about a week. we need the rains tho. It puts snow in the mts, which we need for the summer run off. No white Christmas for us. We have something like a 1% chance of a white Christmas. Not good odds, huh. We generally get snow after the holidays, Jan. most likely.
      We had unusually high temps this week, I think we had what’s known as a ‘pineapple express’ from the south Pacific/Hawaii. It was a “juicy” storm.
      Gail, thank you for those hilarious memes. Some are really hysterically funny!!
      Adele, I hope you’re feeling much better. I know how hard it is at the holidays. The first yr is always the hardest to get through. Just take one day at a time.
      Colleen, I’m glad you got the brace off. That’s a very good sign. Your leg must be healing well.
      If I’m leaving things out, I’ll have to go back & read the posts again.
      I have ‘A Christmas Carol” on with George C. Scott. He was so good in that.
      I made a turkey dinner tonight for Critt & myself. We both got holiday boxes from the Sunshine Division & they put a frozen turkey breast in each one, along with a load of other stuff. I won’t be hungry that’s for sure.
      I gotta tell ya about Snowball & her antics. She sits at the door, meowing loudly. Turns out she wants to go down to see Critt. As soon as I open the door she high tails it down to his door. I swear if she could, she’d knock on the door or if she could reach the handle, she’d walk right in. So I knock on the door, & as soon as he opens the door she zips in as fast as she can. We both laugh. then when I say it’s time to go, she’ll leave when I go in where she is & she knows what it means. Sometimes she’ll run up & down the hallway a time or two getting her pent up energy out. Earlier today, she was running up the hall & just as she passed the apt, she put on the brakes & ran into the apt. It was hysterical.
      Oh and when she sees the crows flying around she runs up & down the window sills trying to get at them. Good thing I don’t have the windows open or she’d try out her wings, that she doesn’t have. And sometimes she’ll come & jump up on my lap or chest & sit for a few minutes. oh yes, last night I couldn’t find her. I looked in all her regular places. Then I went into the bathroom & there she was, sitting in the bathroom sink waiting for me. she loves drinking from the faucet. She’s not spoiled or anything.
      Well, I better get off here before I lose it again.
      Oh, thank you for the cute ecard, Gail. At first I wasn’t sure what it was. But as it continued it was beautiful.
      OK, everyone stay safe, & stay well.
      dd
      PS: Thank you to all who sent me cards. It helped me get thru some dark days. Hallie’s better. I don’t think she had the virus, now. With all her ailments it’d probably kill her. It would me, with congestive heart failure.
      Thank you for your friendships.
      dd

Attachments:
    • adele shanbar
      Participant

Hey everyone
      Sue. Hope you are ok we are both having awful weather. Makes you very sore and stiff
      DD. Your kitty is hysterical. I’m glad you got to spend time with Critt. Also glad you got that nice food delivery for the holidays
      Colleen. The kids in the house bring so much life and laughter. You will have a good time snd lots of help. God bless all of you
      Gailster. Hope you and Greg have a good time snd can Skype the kids

Merry Christmas to everyone!!
      You have to see our dining room It looks like Santa threw up in there! It was too late to clean it up last night. Everyone will pitch in to get their stuff out do we can straighten it up. Lol
      Have a good day. It is dark pouring snd very windy up here
      Luv u guys
      Adele

• adele shanbar
      Participant

Hey everyone
      Sue. Hope you are ok we are both having awful weather. Makes you very sore and stiff
      DD. Your kitty is hysterical. I’m glad you got to spend time with Critt. Also glad you got that nice food delivery for the holidays
      Colleen. The kids in the house bring so much life and laughter. You will have a good time snd lots of help. God bless all of you
      Gailster. Hope you and Greg have a good time snd can Skype the kids

Merry Christmas to everyone!!
      You have to see our dining room It looks like Santa threw up in there! It was too late to clean it up last night. Everyone will pitch in to get their stuff out do we can straighten it up. Lol
      Have a good day. It is dark pouring snd very windy up here
      Luv u guys
      Adele

• Anonymous
      Inactive

Merry Christmas All.

Adele you are right about our crappy weather. It was dark & rained all day yesterday. Woke up to a new coating of snow this morning & its still dark & dreary & now we are to get strong winds. I don’t even remember what the sun looks like.
      I just cannot believe the people that are gathering when told not to but that is what they do. Only think about themselves. Well they may just have fewer to gather next year. The cases will go up again. Ours has not gone down all because people won’t listen. I don’t expect things to improve for a long time because so many say they won’t get the vaccine.
      I put my ham in & it is starting to smell good in here.

• adele shanbar
      Participant

Hey Sue
      Our state is the same. The last two days we had 72 and 81 people who died ( think that was the numbers. They were just Uber 80 snd a little under). I also worry about people who won’t take the vaccine
      We did not get any snow. Still raining up here but the wind stopped
      Hope your dinner comes out well snd all is yummy!!
      Luv u
      Adele

• Gail Norusis
      Participant

Hi Everyone,
      Colleen, I’m glad that you got that brace off in time for the holidays.
      Adele, those cookies look so delicious-I wish I could reach through and try one.
      Sue, I hope that your ham turned out well-did you make sides too. Do you glaze the ham. Our family always just made a simple glaze of vinegar and brown sugar and that’s what I always use even if a glaze packet comes with the ham. It’s just what I grew up with.
      DD I love hearing about Snowball’s antics. She really keeps life interesting. I’m glad that you are over the hump of feeling a bit down. It has been a lonely time.
      I hope everyone had a pleasant holiday. I know we certainly had a different one-which actually was a blessing in disguise as it was going to be a holiday different to begin with since we weren’t seeing the grands.
      Anyway, we started the day with a zoom call with our friends Tim and Nan at ten o’clock. We were all still in our pajamas except Greg who doesn’t own pajamas-(I take that back he does have a few pair of pajama pants) We normally get together with them for dinner and a gift exchange over the holidays but of course that was not happening this year. Plus we normally go up to their place in Wisconsin over the summer and Greg and Tim usually go fishing in Canada none of which happened this year. Anyway, needless to say we hadn’t seen them in person for a long time so we chatted together for a long time. We had mailed our gifts to each other so we opened our gifts over the zoom call. It was a really nice visit and a great way to start the day.
      Around one o’clock we took the gifts over to Jenny’s house. I had put antlers and a red nose on the car and Greg was wearing his elf ears and I had on my antlers with the flashing lights. So we were dressed for delivering gifts in our most festive Santa’s helpers outfits. lol
      We dropped off gifts and chatted for about five minutes masked up and socially distanced and told them not to start opening until we could get back home and set up a zoom call with them. Right as we were leaving I could feel myself starting to choke up and I didn’t want to cry and get Jenny started so I hurried us out the door.
      So we came home and got the zoom call started and chatted and watched them open presents for and hour until zoom cut us off.
      It wasn’t perfect but we did the best we could with the circumstances allotted to us. And it surely was better than nothing.
      After that it was around three and neither Greg or I had had breakfast or lunch. I had some snacks prepared for when we opened our gifts so we put those out cheese, crackers and salami (we wanted to make some chicken liver pate but we couldn’t get any chicken livers) , shrimp cocktail and deviled eggs. So we had our snacks while watching a Christmas movie and by that time I was tired and wanted to nap rather than open gifts. So I laid on the couch and Greg laid back in his recliner and then the phone rang with a call from Brent. So we chatted for awhile and then he had to leave for work.
      After that I did get a nap in but when I woke up it was too late to start making dinner-so we ended up taking out the leftover appetizers and having that for dinner and watching another movie.
      So yesterday we finally did get to open our gifts and I made the dinner that i had planned for Christmas Day last night for dinner. Prime Rib, kugelis, cucumbers and sour cream and a strawberry banana salad.
      So it was a different year with a very different Christmas-but it was so different that it really didn’t make me miss a normal Christmas as much if that makes any sense.
      I gave Greg a Bears shirt and a Bears vest so he will be all dressed for the game today. lol
      New Year’s Eve we normally stay home so that will be the same this year. I like to watch Holiday Inn or White Christmas then or maybe some Marx Brother’s movies. (sorry Colleen) We’ll see what we watch this year. I always enjoy the week between Christmas and New Years as everyone still has their decorations up to be enjoyed but it’s a lot less hectic time.
      Hope everyone is safe and well and looking forward to a time in 2021 where if we can get enough people vaccinated we can kick this disease to the curb.
      I pray for that.
      Hugs to all,
      Gail

Attachments:
    • adele shanbar
      Participant

Hey everyone
      Hope everyone had as good s celebration as possible considering everything
      The kids came Christmas Eve Marissa Enzo snd the baby stayed to open presents and then left Nobody came back for Christmas. It was only me Gary Tillie snd Bobby. Bobby cooked That was nice
      Marisa made Tillie a plate with her engagement picture on it. I’ll attach it. It was so pretty. She kept it a secret from all of us
      I broke firm twice. Both times to the Christmas Cannon song. Once with everyone here but I was able to gather myself fast. The other time was with Gary and Tillie. That one was bad. I guess it needed to come out
      I am glad all the emotion of Christmas is over. I am exhausted
      The guys lived their light with jump starter. All the kids went nuts over the beanie hat with light in it! Big hit!
      Hope everyone is ok
      Luv I guys
      Adele

Attachments:
    • Anonymous
      Inactive

Glad you girls had a nice Christmas. Mine was just like any other day except with ham. I did not make a lot of sides as it is too much for me. I am making scalloped potatoes & ham today. I started late so just got them in the oven. I don’t know where the store got those potatoes but they are hard. Had a hard time slicing, even with my mandolin. So some slices are thicker than others. So I am thinking it will take longer to cook to get those potatoes soft. But it doesn’t matter I will just eat when they are ready. That is one thing being alone nothing needs done at a certain time.
      I knew Santa would not be here so no presents to open but I did order a new pair of dream jeannes. They had them on lunchtime specials for $24. That was to good a price to pass up & luckily they had my size. Usually only small sizes are left. So that is my Christmas gift to me.
      It really did not seem like Christmas this year as hardly anyone had lights up. I like to drive around & see them but this year very little to see. I got less cards too unless some are still in the mail somewhere.
      I think it is because people are not to travel & only have people that live in there house there. Restaurants are to be closed again for indoor dining but are not listening. People are tired of it & going to do as they please no matter who gets sick or dies. I really hope the vaccine helps. People are dying everyday here & it is not all old people.

• Colleen
      Participant

Hi Everybody,
      We had a good Christmas. The kids and grand kids all came for dinner. It was good to spend the day with them. We bought that pac man game from QVC
      and the kids had a really good time playing with that. They played with it all day and they seemed to take turns with it and no fighting. I was glad of that. It was nice to have them all doing something together.
      Gail I do not see how you held back from crying. It would be hard not to cry with just seei ng the kids for just a few minutes. I am glad that you got to zoom with them and watch them open their gifts. At least you got to do that.
      Adele, that plate was really nice. I bet it really made Tillie smile when she saw it. Sorry that no one was there for Christmas day but you did get to see some of them on Christmas Eve. Did you het to see Aizen and JJ for Christmas? Some times we just have to break down. It sure does make us feel better.
      DD I am glad that you and Critt had Christmas dinner together. It is nice to be with someone on Christmas. I am sorry to hear that your friends moved and you could not spend time with them.
      Sue, I am sorry that you spent the day alone. Your meal sounds really good.
      I hope everyone has a great night and stay safe.
      Colleen

• adele shanbar
      Participant

Hi Sue
      I’m sorry you did not get to visit anyone for the holiday. Staying safe is the best. My friend from RI said her daughter got the virus at work… she’s a dental hygienist snd gave it to her whole family. Thank God they all were able to recover
      That could have turned out badly
      Your dinner sounds good. You know I had a lot of trouble cutting potatoes this year too. I wonder ifthey are a new kind of potato Either that it it’s our hands. I have a lot of trouble cutting veggies like squashes snd potato’s
      Tonight I’m making shake n bake chicken and baked potatoes. With corn. Very simple
      I gif myself thus pretty set of sticky notes. That’s all I had under the tree. I did order myself anew cardigan from Simon that Eason sale today. And Hugh myself some cheap sleeveless turtlenecks day after on asks st Kohls. I wear them under my cardigans all fall snd winter. I thin them. They always get stains that u can’t get out from cooking snd eating. Lol. Most last for one season. I always make a mess cause I drop everything
      I hope you don’t get ice with the next storm It is a crap shoot as to whether or not we get ice or rain
      Hope you have a good night
      Luv u
      Adele

• Gail Norusis
      Participant

Hi Sue,
      I hope the scalloped potatoes and ham turned out okay with the extra hard potatoes.
      We all need to give ourselves gifts. My gifts from Greg were things I ordered myself and just gave to him to wrap. lol That way I get what I want. lol
      We are supposed to get snow later on today-we are under a winter storm warning. The worst part is it may turn to sleet overnight. I would much rather it just stayed snow because with ice we can get power outages and we have had enough of those for this year.
      I hope Jenny will be home from work before the snow starts. I always worry about her driving back and forth to work in snowy weather.
      The kids will be happy if it snows as there has been no snow to play in so far over winter break. Plus I guess Lachlan got the perfect snowball maker for Christmas and has had no snow to try it out.
      New Years will be like Christmas staying home and watching movies. Half the time I don’t even make it until midnight.
      I haven’t been getting as much reading in the last few weeks for some reason-so I made my Goodreads goal but won’t exceed it by much.
      Gail

Attachments:
    • Gail Norusis
      Participant

Hi Colleen,
      I’ll bet you are really busy now with the kids back in your home.
      That’s good that they all took turns with the pacman arcade game. It sounds like that was a good investment.
      Did you cook dinner for Christmas or bring food in?
      How is your leg doing without the brace?
      We made a quick trip to CostCo this morning so we could get there for senior hour. We needed to cash in our money that we had earned before the end of the year and while we were there we stocked up on pork loin and beef tenderloin that Greg is now cutting into steaks and chops and sealing them into portions with that sealer thing-i forget what it’s called. Usually, we like to browse a bit when we go there as we don’t go there that often but with covid we just wanted to get in and out. It wasn’t bad-not too crowded. I guess the senior hour is from 9 to 10 and then the store actually opens at ten. I saw a few in there that did not look like seniors. I should have asked for ID-lol
      Anyway, we will be set with steaks and chops for the rest of the winter now and probably won’t have to stock up again until summer.
      We are supposed to get some snow. Are you catching part of this storm or not?
      Gail

Attachments:
    • Gail Norusis
      Participant

Hi Adele,
      That was an awesome present that Tillie got. I love presents that are personalized or meaningful in some other way.
      I think you probably needed that breakdown. Christmas is an emotional time of year in general and add your loss to that and it has to come out somehow.
      Hey, Greg got one of those knit hats with the light on it from my sister. Plus I gave him a Bears hat with blinking Christmas lights so he is all lit up.
      He got himself this camera thing that he can put outside to try and take movies of whatever wildlife walks by. So far nothing. They really have to walk by just the right spot and with all the land out there it just doesn’t seem likely. I told him to point it at the pond as maybe animals stop by for a drink. I guess he saw these weird footprints in the yard and couldn’t figure out what they came from so that must have prompted his interest in the night vision camera thing.
      They were different looking footprints kind of like a huge cat or something but I don’t think we have anything like a cougar or something like that around here.
      We picked up some crab legs when we were at Costco for New year’s Eve. I had just been thinking that it has been such a long time since we had them and then there they were on a big display so I think it was meant to be. It seems like 20 years ago a lot of the restaurants had crab legs but you just rarely see it on a menu anymore. I’m looking forward to that.
      I always get stains on my shirts from cooking and eating too so I try to wear older stuff around the house. I really need a bib. lol
      Gail

Attachments:
    • Dianne Danielson
      Participant

Hi Ladies,
      I thought I heard a collective sigh of relief the day after Christmas. I know I felt like a weight lifted off my shoulders, even tho I didn’t have family to be concerned about. It sounds like everyone had a relatively good time under the circumstances.
      Sue, I’m sorry you were alone, but I was too. I cooked a dinner for me & Critt on Christmas Eve. We got holiday boxes & we got a nice sized turkey breast, so I fixed it with all the trimmings. Then Christmas I recovered!! It was alot of work. It didn’t really feel like Christmas. My friend Diane asked me if I thought it seemed like Christmas & I said no. Hallie brought me a few things to open. She gave me a box of 40 Sharpies, all different colors, metallic, neon, you name it. It seemed strange, until I opened another gift. A coloring book of Thomas Kinkade’s Disney paintings. Each page is a different section of the paintings. And they are detailed drawings, not a child’s coloring book.
      Diane called me today & we’re ordering dinner from our fave restaurant for New Year’s Eve, also Diane’s birthday.
      I’ll cook a dinner for me & Critt New Yrs day, I guess.
      I don’t know about you guys, but I’m about ready to start taking it all down & put away for another yr. The place will sound & feel like a tomb afterwards. Bare walls, will make it echo in here. Snowball will like it back to normal.
      I’ll be glad when life will get back to some sense of normal. If it ever does!!!
      Well, that;s about it from out here.
      HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!
      Stay safe, & well. Let’s pray 2021 will be a much better yr than this one.
      dd

Attachments:
    • Colleen
      Participant

Hi Gail,
      It is not bad having the kids here. They do not bother me. They go off and do their own thing and we really do not bother each other. Ethan stays in his room and hardly ever comes out. He is a typical teenager. Kaylee plays with her tablet and finds ways to keep busy.
      Have you watched the masked dancer yet? I am not sure what I think of it. I really was not impressed with the dancing .I did not see anyone that I thought was all that good. I just hope that it gets better. Is the masked singer coming back on ? We missed the last couple of shows when they took the channels off.
      We have to go to Costco and pick up a few things. We need to get more toilet paper and paper towels .We go thru a lot more since the kids moved home. We are getting things that we are using more of.
      We had sleet this morning and then it quit. I did not go to therapy I was worried that the roads would be slick. I think that accident effected me more then I thought.
      That is scary to see foot prints like that in the yard. I hope that your camera will catch what ever it is. At least on camera. We did have a bear around here a while ago . We could see tracks and where he was scratching on a tree.
      Colleen

• adele shanbar
      Participant

Hi Colleen
      I did not get to see anyone on Christmas. That was ok cause I did see them the night before
      We finally have a date for the kitchen floor. Next Friday. I’ll be glad when it’s done cause it is ripping more and more under Gary’s chair. The floor is over 20 years old do it did last a long time
      Sounds like you had a great holiday. I’m glad for you You needed some happiness You gave had a tough time eith the accident snd your leg
      That game sounds cool. I should have bought that one!
      Hope you have a good day
      Adele

• adele shanbar
      Participant

Hi Colleen
      I did not get to see anyone on Christmas. That was ok cause I did see them the night before
      We finally have a date for the kitchen floor. Next Friday. I’ll be glad when it’s done cause it is ripping more and more under Gary’s chair. The floor is over 20 years old do it did last a long time
      Sounds like you had a great holiday. I’m glad for you You needed some happiness You gave had a tough time eith the accident snd your leg
      That game sounds cool. I should have bought that one!
      Hope you have a good day
      Adele

• adele shanbar
      Participant

Hi DD
      I’m glad you got to eat with Critt. How has he been feeling? Great that you two will have each other for New Years too
      It seems like everyone wants the decorations gone this year. We are all so done with2020
      Today is Aizens birthday. He is 7. Time flies
      We’re still watching Hallmark movies we recorded. Lol
      Hope your day is good. Stay safe
      Adele

• adele shanbar
      Participant

Hey Gailster
      I hope you guys figure out what is lurking in your yard. That’s spooky
      The plate for Tillie was a really nice gift. She was thrilled
      Please read my other posts for all the news.
      I will be glad when the holidays are all over. Praying for this virus to end this year so we can get back to whatever normal we can get to
      Hope your day is good. Hope you don’t get any storms
      Adele

• adele shanbar
      Participant

Omg. I just noticed all the typos on my post to Sue. Lol. Lol
      Adele

• Gail Norusis
      Participant

I am starting a new discussion for the new month and the new year. See you all there.

Viewing 84 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Share on Facebook
Facebook
Pin on Pinterest
Pinterest
Tweet about this on Twitter
Twitter
Email this to someone
email

Share this with a Smile
X Close
Watch QVC
top finds links QVC LIVE QVC PLUS QVC UK