Quacker Talk-April 20202020-04-01T10:30:36-04:00

Home Forums General Quacker Chatter Quacker Talk-April 2020

Viewing 123 reply threads
  • Author
      Participant

Hi Everyone,
      Well, we are living through some traumatic times. Something I never would have envisioned.
      I want to give thanks and praise to all the medical workers, firefighters and police. Also to all those workers in grocery stores and other areas that have to deal with the public on a daily basis. They are putting themselves at risk so that we can have food to eat and whatever other essentials we need for our everyday lives.
      I hope and pray all the states decide to implement stay at home orders. The quicker they do it the better it will be for all of us. I hope that people will stay at home and do what their medical experts and state officials decide.
      Mostly, I am praying for our country and all the people around the world.
      I am also praying that all my Quacker friends from this board will remain healthy along with all of their family members. Extra prayers for family members who have to go out to work which probably includes most of our children.
      Our grands will remember this as the year school got out early.

Attachments:
    • Gail Norusis
      Participant

Hi Everyone,
      Barbara, good to hear from you. We sometimes watch Diners, Dives and Drive Ins. Sometimes the serving sizes on things are so big it’s gross. But it’s nice to see al the Mom and Pop eateries that serve delicious food.
      Sue, thanks for the tip on the eggs. We got a second double yolker last night. We must have gotten a lucky two dozen. I wish the Amish would get with the program as it could run rampant through their community. I wonder how the Amish down state here are dealing with it.
      DD, I’m so glad that you have Snowball for companionship. Both my brother and sister are single so I worry about them being lonely too. But my sister has her dog and my brother has his dog and his horses so they should be okay. We all live spread across the country too.
      Colleen, keep on bringing the happy stories. I know every day the Today show shows some happy videos so I enjoy that.
      Adele, have you had any chances to bake at all? I know that is your happy place. You have the hardest time as you have the most people to feed.
      I heard today liquor sales are up 235% or something like that. lol
      Well Custom Pak has reopened. They shut down last week after the governor closed all non essential businesses. Then they discovered that they supply essential stuff to some other essential businesses so they shut down last week but reopened this week after getting all the proper documentation and taking it to local authorities. They have lots of sanitizing and have staggered breaks and lunches and strict social distancing so I hope everyone can stay safe and healthy. However, because of his age and other health issues Greg will continue to do whatever he can from home for the duration.
      Yesterday I took a long like three hour nap. I was having trouble with my throat again from this seasonal post nasal drip. I have been using my nasal spray and hopefully it will keep it all in check. I did feel better after the nap and then I chatted with Jenny last night. The kids are now back to cyber school but they now don’t have it on Wednesdays so the teachers can have planning days. I sincerely wonder if they will ever go back to school this year.
      I do worry about Jenny’s family since Ricky is still working and going into people’s houses delivering appliances. He does wear gloves and masks and Jenny makes him change to different clothes immediately when he gets home. That’s about all you can do.
      Greg made eggs potatoes and sausage fro dinner last night so I didn’t have to cook.
      I guess all my singing shows-American Idol and The Voice will stop once they get into the live shows. so it’s kind of anticlimactic watching them now knowing we may never see a winner.
      I think either this week or next week will be the last Grey’s show of the season. General Hospital is going to stop showing new shows on Fridays and show an old show instead. I hope they show some of the early ones.
      Did anyone like The Waltons when they used to be on. I used to love that show and see one of the channels has the reruns. I wonder if I would still like it or if I have just changed too much since then.
      The sun is shining today which just makes me feel so much better. Jenny and I were just talking last night about how we will miss Easter. going to brunch and then them coming over later for sandwiches and the Easter egg hunt. Their other grandma usually takes the kids shopping for a treat but since she couldn’t do it this year they have Amazon gift cards from her to shop with on line.
      I will continue to post the funny memes if you all don’t mind. I think laughter helps us all as we are all in it together.
      My SIL and her husband started driving back to Chicago from Florida today so I hope they stay safe along the way.
      Hugs to all,
      Gail

Attachments:
    • Anonymous
      Inactive

They can issue stay at home orders but people do no listen. They are just doing as they please endangering others. Did you see where a bunch of the spring break kids now have it. They thought they deserved to have their fun now they are paying for it. The kids here are doing classes online because schools will not be reopening. I think this will take a long time to slow down & the experts say it may come back again in the Fall. I think we will need to start living like they did during the depression when there were shortages.

• adele shanbar
      Participant

Sweetie Sue

There are crazy people all over who still think is s joke. I think they need to start to post the pics of the poor people who died. Somehow a pic of a person, instead of the cold numbers, should make an impact. These are awful times, and I pray future generations never see this again.

I hope you are ok. We are getting a lot of rain tonight, into Friday. I will bet you already have it, as you get it before me.
      Please stay safe!! Oh…check again with your grocery stores- maybe they have decided to start delivering the Instacart too. I am praying for deliveries for you!!

Gailster….
      Keep the fun coming!! I love fun stories.
      I am going to google Greg’s company, as we just got the order of hand sanitizers for customers form a company I found online, and they all sold in less than an hour. I ordered more, as more were needed. We even had a customer send one of his men here at 7:45 to pick up 3 masks. We can;t keep those in stock, and can only buy a few at a time.
      Oh…good news- the customer who bounced the checks had his checks finally clear. that was a load off my mind.
      I face timed the baby and Marissa again today. Baby was looking at the fish. He loves the fish, and so does Enzo. They have a big fish tank.
      Well…gotta go and see what sanitizers Greg’s company has….LOL
      Adele

• adele shanbar
      Participant

Forgot to say…have not baked. i do nto know why. I better start, as my mood has been in the toilet!
      Adele
      Oh..Gary had a virtual doctor appointment with his doctor today….LOL

• Colleen
      Participant

Hi Gail,
      I love all the pictures that you posted. The memes are really cute also We all need a good laugh. I am really tired of being at home all the time so a good laugh is what I need.
      We had a surprise tonight. Brook brought the baby over and we were so glad to see him. He has really grown. He just smiles all the time. He is really a good baby. They did not stay long but I really needed to see him. It sure took away some of the boredom. She said she would bring him back when we the virus scare is over. It was nice to have him here for awhile.
      Did you see the masked singer tonight? It was another time that I was really surprised at who it was. Last week I did not know who that girl was that they unmasked but they said she is a singer.
      There is nothing going on here. It is pretty boring. Have not seen anything good but I keep watching. So I guess I will get off here. Have a great night.
      Colleen

• adele shanbar
      Participant

Hey Colleen
      That was nice that you got to see the baby for a few minutes. I have been face timing our baby. Last night he was more interested in the fish in their tank than anyone else. Marissa said he loves to watch the fish.
      We did watch a few minutes of the masked singer. Seems like a nice show.
      Adele
      Stay safe!! Can you go out for a walk on your property with Ron????

• Colleen
      Participant

Hi Adele,
      I just saw the post from you on the March post so cut that one short and am back on here. It was really nice to see Brook and the baby. He is just so cute and he is really getting chubby. I was just so surprised that he grinned at me the whole time I held him. Brook has been staying home so she wanted to come over and visit before she goes back to work. She said that she will not be over again until this virus thing is over with. She is going back to work at Kentucky fried chicken. They are just serving peope at the drive thru and that is where she will be working. So that should not be too bad. They put the food on a tray and pass it to the customer so they do not touch. They also told her they will give her a mask to wear. So they are thinking of her health. She just needed to go back to work she has a child to support.
      Ron and I did go for a walk around the yard. We just walk where it is cleared off we did not go into the woods. We only do that in the fall when the snakes are not as bad.
      All we can do is pray that this is over soon. We all need to be able to see our families again. So take care of yourself and stay safe.
      Colleen

• Gail Norusis
      Participant

Hi Colleen,
      I’m glad that you got to see the baby for a little bit. Who will watch him while Brook is at work? I can’t believe that much time has already passed since he was born. Boy, has the world changed since that happened.
      We knew that the White tiger was Gronk from the very beginning. There were several clues about New England, and he told Jenny that Donny would like him and Donny is from Boston. What clinched it for me was when there was a reference to four score and seven-which is 87-which was Gronk’s number. So Dionne Warwick and the Gronk will probably be about the only two that we will guess right all season. lol
      I did know who Jo Jo Siwa was last week. She is a YouTube star. I’ll bet Kaylee would know her. A couple of years ago she was actually on the Q selling some of her trademark bows I think.
      Greg has his new fish that he ordered arriving today so he has to get the pond up and running. I don’t know why he keeps trying. I look at those fish and just think well there is more expensive meals for the mink next winter but I guess hope springs eternal.
      Gail

Attachments:
    • Gail Norusis
      Participant

Hi Adele,
      Well that was a good story about the Kraft family sending the Patriots plane to China to pick up all those masks. I’m surprised they didn’t mention it on The Today show this morning as it said New York was going to get a lot of them.
      That’s cute that little Sonny likes to watch the fish tank.
      Has anyone that still has a landline noticed something. All those annoying robo calls have totally stopped. Sometimes we would get 7 or 8 a day from morning til night. I guess even the scammers have shut down over the world wide crisis. I didn’t notice it right away-but this week they have stopped totally.
      Yesterday was bright and sunny-today it is cloudy. At least if the sun is shining it lifts the spirits.
      Yesterday Jenny told me that they finally had to put Callie to sleep. She perked up for a couple weeks and then she stopped eating again and could barely walk and yesterday morning had seizures and Jenny said she was comatose by the time she got her to the vets. So he said she wasn’t in any pain. Unfortunately we can’t bury her next to Mimi out here as the ground is still to hard to dig a grave.
      Last night I got an email from my SIL saying they were in Marion Illinois so they should be getting home today. I think they will find things quite different here than they were in Florida as I think Florida has just started a total stay at home order. They were driving as they also have an elderly dog with them.
      As much as I love having a dog I’m kind of glad we don’t have one now as we would also have to worry about getting food for the dog too. Although with Greg being home he probably would like a dog to take for walks out back. Maybe when he retires we will get one after we do some traveling. If he wasn’t allergic now I would get another cat as they are a bit easier.
      Gail

Attachments:
    • Anonymous
      Inactive

Well we now must wear masks to the grocery store or anyplace we are allowed to go. We have been under a stay at home order but of course people won’t listen & stay home. They put everyone at risk. The masks are to protect others & their masks are to protect us but I doubt people will do that either. I just have to figure out how to make a mask with what I have because none are available. We now have over 100 deaths and over 1400 new cases today. People need to listen & stop spreading it around. You can have it with no symptoms for 14 days. It makes me mad that people don’t care even about their family but everyone else. They should have to pay a fine if they don’t listen.
      I did see my one neighbor yesterday he was taking a walk & I was walking down to get my mail but we each stayed on our side of the street so more than 6 ft. but we talked a bit. Made me feel like I was not the last person on Earth. People right in this street are listening. I think more may be outside if the rain & wind ever stop but keeping their distance.

• Anonymous
      Inactive

I just heard on the news that the police stopped a 19 tear old & ask where she was going & she said just for a drive. They fined her over $200 but she is not going to pay it wants to fight it in court. Some people just do not get how serious this is.

• adele shanbar
      Participant

Hey Colleen
      I would die if there were snakes in my yard….LOL I hope you get some fresh air…safely…..LOL

I feel so bad for Brook having to work with this virus mess. Please tell her to make sure she wears a mask. Frankie as a painting mask from us to wear ( it has the round filters on the front where you talk), and he wears gloves, and we have a whole procedure for him and Heather to follow…..mask and gloves on, when you get back into thew car, gloves off, sanitize your hands, and re-wipe the steering wheel. That is done after every customer. They stand far away, and no hugging at all, as customers love to hug Heather, becasue they are so happy she is walking again- they love to see her, as she is very funny. She has a great relationship with the customers. She knows about all their families, etc., and they talk to her about all their problems….LOL NOT NOW!!! I want he rout of there as fast as possible!
      I pray every night for all of us, and all our families. I have nto seen any of the kids in a while. I do love to face time them.
      Do you believe this is Palm Sunday weekend???? Bobby already told me the local Italian place cannot get the ingredients I need for a Pizza Ghiena. I will be bale to get their better grade of ricotta, for a ricotta pie. the only other thing Ill make is Anise cookies. Nobody will be here, so it does not matter. This will be the Easter that wasn’t. It will be our new babies first Easter, with nothing. Very sad, and ok, as long as we are all alive at the end of this.
      Hope your day is good. It has been pouring for 2 days. more rain tomorrow, and maybe dry on Sunday.
      Have a good night!
      Adele
      PS…did you hug the stuffing out of the baby????

• adele shanbar
      Participant

hey Sue
      I know how you feel. We have friends who are out in any store they can go to, almost every day. I can barely speak to them. She says she cant sit at home because she will fall asleep. I think that should go on her tombstone. Gary is horrified. I posted a notice on my page on Facebook about how the staff at the stores feel when these people come in, thinking it is a place to socialize. I hope she read it.
      We have been ordering some things per delivery. Bobby goes to the supermarket once a week. Gary went to get bagels this am- through the drive through, of course.
      My dam foot has been killing me It is a form of gout. If the rain stops, it will feel better….LOL here is a funny for you…..every night I have poor Gary rubbing the “boo boo cream” on my foot. It is a prescription that helps the nerves by numbing them. Here is Adele as he does it….”ahhh, ahhh, ahhh…” Heather thought we were having sex and yelled through the walls….LOL LOL
      Hey, I have to get my laughs where I can!!
      Love all you guys….
      Adele

• adele shanbar
      Participant

Hey Sue….

and we can out that in her tombstone too……”out for a drive and loved to fight it”.

Adele

• adele shanbar
      Participant

OMG!!
      My Gronky was on the masked singer!!!

LOL LOL

Adele

• adele shanbar
      Participant

Hey Gailster
      have to make this quick as our dinner just arrived. LOL
      I bet you will get a dog. You are both dog people, and you will love one when you retire. Plus, I will love the stories!!!
      My cousin has been sending me pics she has, and they are hysterical. Very old ones of our relatives in Germany.
      Please read the other posts so you can hear all I have been doing….not much cause the foot hurts so dam bad….LOL
      Heather stayed at Steph’s the past 2 days. She is supposed to come back tonight. She has nto been to see the baby, as she is scared cause he is so little.
      So far, we are all good, and I am grateful. We have all been praying non stop. We need an Easter miracle.
      Talk more later…
      Adele

• Colleen
      Participant

Hi Gail,
      I had no idea who White Tiger was. You are doing a lot better then I am. I only have guessed Dion Warwick. Her voice is so easy to recognize it was not that hard. Sarah Palin was a real shock when they took her mask off. It is fun to see all these people having such a good time. Even when they get voted off the show they still seem to be happy to have been on the show.
      I love the posts you put on here this time. The dog must really miss his french fries. That was funny and the Florida sign was even better. I wish that I could find things like that. It is good to have a laugh when we are stuck at home.
      Greg must be an optimist. He keeps getting more fish and thinking that the mink won’t come and eat them. We lost our last guinea the other day. I do not think that we will ever get anymore of them. We do not want to go thru that again.
      I never thought about it but we are not getting all the calls either. I hope that it does not mean that after this is over that they are going to flood us with the calls. It is nice to be able to pick up the phone and not worry about it being a salesperson.
      I am so sorry that Jenny had to put Callie to sleep. It is so hard when you have a dog for so long and then you lose them. I know it has to be hard on the kids also.At least they still have another dog to help them thru it.
      Well that is about all from here. We are just living the most boring life right now. Have a good night.
      Colleen

• Colleen
      Participant

Hi Adele,
      I am sure that they will have all their employees wearing masks that will deal with the public. I think their distance from each other also. If they are not I hope she will tell them that she cannot keep working there. You are taking good care of your employees and that is really great. They are watching out for you also.
      It will be the same here. It will be just be me and Ron. I am going to fix a ham and potato salad and corn. I will not make a lot of food this year. I will not make the mac and cheese because there is no way to make a small batch of it. Will have to make some this summer for the kids when they can come over.
      It must be hard for Heather not to give her customers a hug. She seems to have a big heart like her mom. I am sure that the people are keeping their distance so they do not get sick or give her anything. It sounds like you have a lot of good customers.
      The rain had stopped here but is supposed to start up again tomorrow. We have had so much rain it feels like we are going to float away if it doesn’t stop soon. It is funny we are wanting the rain to stop and then this summer we will want rain. It never is the way we want things.
      You should start watching the masked singer. They all just seem to have a good time fooling the judges and getting to disguise themselves. It is just so much fun.
      Well that is about all from here. I really did hug the stuffings out of Grayson. It will be awhile until I get to see him again.
      Take care. All of you are in my prayers.
      Colleen

• adele shanbar
      Participant

Hey Colleen
      I’m so glad you got a chance to hug the baby. I’ll have to wait a while longer and that’s ok
      I did not get up until Gary woke me up at 10:30. I never sleep that late. I think it was exhaustion from the pain in my foot. Pain is not bad today cause the sun is shining
      I am grateful for the sun today
      I am grateful we got through another week and nobody I know anywhere is sick
      Maybe we could all say one thing each day that we are grateful for?? Maybe that can make us all smile. I know I need a smile
      I will pray everyone where your granddaughter works will be extra careful with the protocols. How does she like the job?
      That masked singer show does look good. Did you see the Hawaii 5 o finale last night? Gary is very sad over that
      Stay safe!!

• Gail Norusis
      Participant

Hi Sue,
      I actually have no idea if people are staying home or not. I know the people that we know are. But since we don’t go anywhere I don’t really see if others are out or not. Some people have to be out as they have jobs that they must go to. I know the grocery stores are having stricter rules about how many people can be in the store at one time. I see pictures of Chicago with empty streets so I think for the most part people are doing what they are told.
      I know a few states, North and South Dakota, Kansas, Utah, maybe Wyoming and Montana are not shut down yet. At this point it seems like it will be up to the governors to do it as we are not getting much direction from the Federal government. I suppose those states do not have big concentrations of populations so they are not as hard hit (as of yet). Who knows they may end up closing down too when the virus starts to appear in larger numbers there.
      As to the masks-I thought it was recommended-not required. However, I could see it would be coming to that last week and went online and ordered some from Etsy. They are of course home made-but i think all the manufactured ones should be saved for the health care workers. I think I have been out once in four weeks to pick up groceries. Greg has been out a few more times-he was able to pick up everything that he needed curbside so he didn’t have to go in anywhere except the apartment building. I will give him a mask to wear next time he has to go in there. Everyone paid their rent this month so I guess they must all still be working. Except one woman only had half and said she will have the rest later in the month.
      As to the person fined for going for a drive. Have I missed something. Yes I understand that we are supposed to stay home-but if she was alone in her car just taking a drive who was she hurting-she wasn’t spreading the virus? I think some people are going for a drive just to get out of the house and look around and seeing other humanity from a distance. Greg and I have talked about doing that-although we haven’t yet. But it’s spring and things are beginning to bloom and green up and it could be a nice drive. It’s also ironic that the price of gas is so cheap but there’s no where to go.
      What an unusual Palm Sunday this will be with no services.
      Gail

• Gail Norusis
      Participant

Hi Colleen,
      Yes, all the people on the Masked Singer say how much fun they had doing the show. It’s funny-when i first saw the premise i thought this is going to be either really dumb or really good and it turned out to be kind of a sleeper hit. it’s had three seasons in two years-so that’ pretty good.
      Yes, i guess Greg is an optimist getting more fish. I guess he figures why have the pond if there are no fish in it. There are frogs and snails too. i wonder why the mink doesn’t eat the frogs.
      You did have a lot of problems with the guineas and predators. It’s hard to keep things like that out in the country where there are so many wild animals.
      I just read an article about how the robocalls have decreased. I guess a lot of them originate in India and they are just overwhelmed now with the virus. But they said pretty soon they will figure out how to do all this stuff from home and they will start up again. Darn! That’s the one good thing that has come out of all this. I can actually take a nap without the phone ringing with some pesky person on the line. Some days we would get tons of calls. And of course the political calls have stopped too.
      The kids still have Luke so he will get all their attention now. i wonder if Jenny would get another younger dog to be a playmate for Luke. Of course now isn’t a good time but maybe during the summer.
      This place where we go to for concerts in the summer just announced their summer schedule. Usually I order my tickets now for the different concerts But they start in June and am I waiting this year to see if they will have to push back the opening. I think a lot of people are doing the same thing.
      Gail

Attachments:
    • Gail Norusis
      Participant

Sorry-double post on that sign. lol It’s hard to read the little writing.

Attachments:
    • Gail Norusis
      Participant

Hi Adele,
      I was just thinking about the Pope saying Palm Sunday and Easter masses with no one there. These days will certainly be talked about in the history books. Something that affected not just this country but the whole world. I am so grateful that we decided to let those two cruise ships dock-even though it’s hard and puts a strain on the medical system in Florida-it’s the right thing to do-and we can’t forget that we are all in this together and are all members of the human race.
      Have Gary keep rubbing those feet until you guys can gross out both Heather and Bobby-remember to play up the moans. lol
      I told you to watch the Masked Singer-I knew you would be mad to have missed Gronk and I was so sure it was him.
      It’s just a silly fun show.
      I think your gratefulness idea is a good one. Some years we would do this on here for each day of the month of November.
      So here’s mine for today. I’m glad that Greg is here with me through this.
      Gail

Attachments:
    • adele shanbar
      Participant

Hey Gailster
      I am pissed I missed my Gronky. He makes me laugh, and laughs are hard to find right now. I thought the masked singer were actually singers.
      Today I am grateful for Bobby still wanting to do the weekly food shopping.
      So, today bobby could not buy any potatoes. He was able to get a small bag of those baby potatoes- not sure what they cost. he did pay 5.00 for 3 sweet potatoes, and told me…no more of those! He could not get more than one package of strawberries, and no frozen food at all- no ice cream- nothing frozen at all. I had wanted frozen strawberries in syrup for the top of the ricotta cake. I can make them myself, hence I also asked for 2 of the fresh ones- he took the last package of strawberries. No milk, only quarts- he got us 2. We didnto need eggs, as I got some form BJ’s, and Bobby’s friend’s son has a farm and he brought home some nice fresh eggs….so we are good for this week…LOL So, that is the food report for the day in Massachusetts.
      Last night Heather wanted to watch Contagion….we were nuts to watch it…it is so eerily similar to today. After that we watched 8 Weddings- it was a cute movie with the oldest daughter on Modern Family as the star.
      Bobby made us breakfast this am. after he came back with the groceries. That was a nice treat too!
      Hope you and Greg have a good day !!
      Stay safe!
      Adele

• Anonymous
      Inactive

Gail please don’t be mad at me because I think it is awful the minks eat the fish but when you said I wonder why they don’t eat the frogs the first thing I thought was because they don’t want to croak.
      Gov. Wolf said on Friday that masks are now required when going out to approved locations. I don’t think the girl driving around was infecting anyone but was breaking the stay at home rule because driving around is not an approved activity. I am thinking if they allowed it some would push the boundries & visit a friend or family while they were out. He even said not to go to more than one place like I would have made one trip to grocery store, pharmacy & do everything at once but they say that is transferring it from place to place.
      I do need to go to the grocery store this week once I figure out the mask. I can’t understand why Adele is still out of so many things. I sure hope we have ice cream as I have been craving it. But if I can’t get it
      it is not a need.
      I got my oven cleaned yesterday now if I can get the things I need I am going to make a couple Blue Jean Chef recipes. Brownies & a loaf of bacon, cheddar, buttermilk bread.
      I sent Greg a video on Facebook. There is a retired police officer that sings & he has done a bunch & put on Facebook. He is pretty good. I like the Fats Domino tunes. but he does others as well. Hope Greg likes it. He can sing along. Maybe he will play it for you.

• Colleen
      Participant

Hi Adele,
      It is nice that you slept in. You have had so much going on you needed the rest. You have so many problems with different family members. Health problems and things of that nature.
      I am so grateful that I got to spend time with the baby. I know that I will not get to see him again for awhile.
      We did not see Hawaii 5 o. We never did watch that show.
      Brook works at Kentucky Fried Chicken. She likes it but I hope that she finds another job. It will be awhile before she will be able to go looking for another job. I do not know that this is going to be easy for the seniors to get into colleges. I worry about all of this.
      They have so many different people that go on the Mask Singer. Sara Palin. Tom Berenger I guess I spelled their last names wrong. They were a surprise and the Gronk who I did not know for sure who he was but a foot ball player. That is what makes the show so much fun. It may not be as much fun if it was
      all singers.
      This is getting so boring staying home and no visitors. Hopefully this will be over soon. Have a great night and stay safe.
      Colleen

• Colleen
      Participant

Hi Gail,
      Our frogs are dying. We have this water thing by our outside faucet and frogs live in there. We were out and saw them floating on the top. We have no idea what happened to them but they are dead. It got really cold one night and I wonder if they froze.
      They could have kept that bit of news to themselves. I do not want those stupid calls again. Maybe they will not figure out away they can do them from home. There has to be a way to stop them.
      I am so glad that the kids have Luke to play with and help them thru this. I know the grands get upset when one of our dogs die. They just really like dogs. Aliza does not like cats because of Mandy’s cat. I have to agree with her that cat is really mean.
      I really like the memes that you keep posting. It does not matter if you post them twice they are still funny. I wish that I would hear some more good things that people are doing. I wish they would show more of them but maybe they are not doing any now.
      I have not talked to my grands for awhile. I really miss them. Especially Aliza and Grayson. Those are the two that are growing and we are missing it.
      Well that is all from here. Have a good night and stay safe.
      Colleen

• Gail Norusis
      Participant

Hi Sue,
      What you said about the mink and the frogs made me laugh. I got a good chuckle out of that.
      We had heard about someone getting stopped in the area where a lot of Greg’s workers lived so before they started back to work they were all given a letter saying they were going to work so they had a legitimate reason to be out.
      Our governor has not made wearing masks mandatory but has strongly suggested wearing them which we will do anyway. Plus we go out as little as possible. We feel the safest at home right now.
      I will order groceries later this week and hopefully will be able to get a pick up time. We get our meds from WalMart and they don’t have a drive through but Greg was able to call them and they will come out to the car and give them to you so that’s good. He also did the same thing with water softener salt at Tractor Supply. He called ordered online and just went and picked it up.
      He did listen to the video and played it for me. He thought it was good but probably never commented as he looks at stuff on Facebook but never says anything on there or says very little. He’s just an observer. lol
      Gail

• Gail Norusis
      Participant

Hi Colleen,
      I wonder if the frogs did freeze.
      We have some big old bullfrogs out by the pond. Sometimes they are so loud that Greg says they keep him up at night. They don’t bother me at all. He must be a light sleeper. Although his hearing is so bad I’m surprised he can hear them. lol
      We have not talked to the grands in a while either.
      Greg did talk to Adam over the weekend and he said Gabby is moving back to his house from his sister’s in Washington. Of course i would have found out why but since Greg’s a man he never asked the important stuff. She was staying out there so she could declare residency and go to college there so I don’t know what happened to that plan. I told him to ask how Adam’s parents were doing. He said his Mom’s fine but his Dad had been having problems managing his Crohn’s disease. Is that ironic that someone with the last name Crone would have Crohn’s disease? I just thought of that.
      I know that you have been saying that you are bored. Maybe you will have to find a hobby or something. Do you like to do puzzles or craft or something. Maybe you are not really bored but just miss going places. Anytime I start thinking about missing doing something I just think to myself I would rather be stuck at home than dead. that puts an entirely different spin on things.
      Maybe because Greg still works and all my friends and family live far away I have just learned how to amuse myself easily so I guess I am lucky. I don’t think I am ever bored. I do miss going out but i would rather be safe at home.
      Here’s my grateful thing for today. When i opened my emails this morning I had won a book from Goodreads-I hadn’t won one in awhile so I thought my luck had run out. So that was a happy way to start the day. I hear that there won’t be as many new books coming out as the publishing industry has also been affected by the virus. I know that i just got an email this morning that the release for a book I had preordered had been pushed back. Fortunately there are already lots of books to read.
      Did you have a favorite childhood book. I think one of my favorites was Little Women another was called The Witch of Blackbird Pond and another was called Half Magic. I also loved the Nancy Drew mysteries.
      Gail
      Ooops-I forgot to post memes on Sue’s post. Where’s my brains? The zombies ate them. lol that’s a little inside joke for those who have played Plants vs. Zombies.

Attachments:
    • Gail Norusis
      Participant

Hi Adele,
      I was trying to entice you to watch by saying I thought one of the contestants was Gronk but you were being a teenager and wouldn’t listen. lol Some of them are singers but there are others too-Drew Carey, Dr. Drew Pinsky, Sarah Palin, Terry Bradshaw. Some like Ricki Lake are known for other things more than singing but they can sing too. The costumes are so elaborate they make it interesting too. And Nick Cannon is the host in case you miss him from AGT.
      I was only able to get two sweet potatoes too last time we ordered. We will have to go again this week. I hope I can get some hamberger-couldn’t last time.
      I have never watched the movie Contagion although i think I have read a book with that name. I don’t think it would be a good time to watch that.
      Actually one of my favorite books is The Stand by Stephen King. It’s about a disease that wipes out most of the population and what happens afterwards.
      I wouldn’t want to be reading that for the first time right about now.
      If you slept in late you must have needed it. Maybe the pain from your foot was less so you could sleep easier.
      Stay safe-stay healthy.
      I posted my gratitude in Colleen’s post.
      Gail

Attachments:
    • Colleen
      Participant

Hi Gail,
      I use to have of puzzle books. I had one connect the dots book that was for adults. My mom had sent it to me on Christmas and I tried not to do them all that quickly. The things that I use to do they do not ell anymore. I really wish I had some ceramics to paint. That would keep me really busy.
      I just love the memes that you are sending. They really make me laugh. Wednesday the Mask Singer comes on and that will be really good. We are supposed to have storms Wednesday night and I am hoping that it waits a until after it is over. I do not want to miss it now that it is coming to the end.
      I wonder if Gabby is coming back because they have closed the colleges for now. They probably will not open them again until in the fall. I wonder if she will go back then. It is hard time to know what to do. I worry about all these kids that are wanting to go to college in the fall.
      Did they tell you the name of the book or do you get to pick it out? That is really cool that you won. I hope that you get the book soon. I still have to read my book by Patrick Taylor. I need to start reading.
      My favorite childhood book Was Little Women and Rebecca of Sunny Brook farm. I still have the books that i had as a kid. My mom saved them for me and the favorite books of each of us kids. I also liked that book of Mice and Men. We had to read that for school but there was just something about that book I liked.
      I am grateful that Ron is okay even though he has had to go to the store.
      Well we were having a problem getting a ham so I ordered one from the Schwanns man and they sent me an e-mail saying they were sold out. Well the swans man came and he had the ham. Well Ron went to the store and bought one so we can have ham. The Schwanns man came today and low and behold he had a ham with him. I could believe it so we would have had two hams but the guy told me that he had another woman that wanted one so we told him to give it to her. I have no idea what we would have done with that extra ham. It is not something that you fix very often. I had to laugh we went from not havi ng one to having two.
      Well that is about all from here. Have a great night.
      Colleen

• Gail Norusis
      Participant

Hi Colleen,
      Maybe you could find some of the stuff like ceramics or dot to dot online. I remember buying some of those dot to dots from a catalog called i think Mindware. You might be able to find them on Amazon too-although it takes longer to get stuff right now.
      Maybe Gabby is coming home because of classes cancelling. And if she is taking them online she can finish them from anywhere. . I asked Jenny if she knew why she was coming back but haven’t heard back yet.
      When you go on Goodreads there is a place that you can go to for Giveaways. There are pages of books that you can chose whether to enter the Giveaway or not. So you enter for a specific book. I enter a lot of different ones. Sue and I are friends on Goodreads. They said because of Covid 19 it might take a longer time to get the book. It’s no big deal as I have plenty to read. Probably more than I can read in my lifetime.
      My Mom never saved any of my kids books. I was in a book club as a kid so I had a lot of the chidren’s classics plus Nancy Drew. It’s neat that we both liked Little Women. My friends and I used to discuss which character that we liked the best. One of my friends has never read the book and I keep telling her she needs to read it as an adult. I also read the sequel Jo’s Boys and there was a third one too that I read. Then just recently i discovered there was a fourth book-so I bought the set of four as i would like to reread all of them.
      I tried to get a ham a couple of weeks ago as i wanted to cook it for dinner and then we could have ham sandwiches and ham and eggs. But i couldn’t get one. I am going to put in another order tomorrow so we’ll see what we can get.
      I am grateful that we now have so many different ways to stay in touch.
      Gail

Attachments:
    • adele shanbar
      Participant

hey Sue!

I know why we are out of things up here…because the people in Mass are crazy! They all remember the Blizzard of 78 and think we will get no food deliveries. Each week it is something different. Accept, the freezer and can goods are continually out. Bobby got some fancy can veggies we have never had- it was peas, with tiny onions and mushrooms- they were really good. We had one last night. Only the pricey stuff is left. Heather went to Walgreen’s to get a prescription, and she found some Ben and Gerry’s ice cream. Some fancy flavor I would never buy….LOL
      I think one of the reasons Bobby has so much trouble is that he goes first thing in the am- he will be 50 in a week, so he is allowed…LOL I will try to convince him to go later. He is an early morning person.
      We are rationing our last bag of potatoes, so we will have them for mashed for us on Sunday. How bad is that?? My friend went to Costco and they have them, but I don’t have a membership there. Bobby is going shopping again before Easter. i ordered the ham form Honey Baked Ham to be picked up on Friday. bobby will get the ham for us- I even ordered a couple of sides, just in case we continue to have less of what I want. It will be only the 5 of us. Me, Bobby, Gary Heather and Tillie.
      You know…this is what I am grateful for today. I have the people in this house, under this roof, who are my closest relatives. I am blessed for that. I have been Face timing the baby. Last night we had Tillie face Timing, and I had Heather take a video and pic of it, as you never know. At least the baby will be able to know he was loved by a lot of people.
      I hope you are good and safe…stay safe!
      Adele

• adele shanbar
      Participant

Sue….forget to say I loved your joke!
      Adele

• adele shanbar
      Participant

Hi Colleen
      Well, I was in the middle of writing the post to Sue and all hell broke out here.
      A customer of ours has the virus and is sick. This same woman ( wife of owner) told Heather this bull story of one of their workers’ girlfriend’s thinks she has the virus, and the employee was home until the test comes back. The next week she texted Heather saying they were all clear…”no coronavirus here”. Heather still has the text. When she went this week, the woman was not there, and nobody said anything. Heather took their order and when Frankie delivered it today, he was told she was sick with the virus. I cannot tell you how mad we are. They lied, and put everyone’s life at risk. Heather is beside herself. She refused to wear the mask last week, but did wear the gloves, use the procedure to disinfect before and after she got in the car, etc. This week, she wore the mask. Frankie has been wearing the huge filtering mask that gets cleaned every night. Heather did do the “distancing” thing.

Please say a prayer she does not get it, as she has health issues. She just got back to work after the leg was paralyzed. This is nto good. I cannot tell you how mad I am at her and Gary, as I said weeks ago, she should not be on the road, just call her customers for their orders. They both argued with me, saying the customers do not respond to the calls.

Please say an extra prayer for us, and I hope we will nto need them.
      Adele

• adele shanbar
      Participant

Hey Gailster
      After what happened a little while ago, all the conversation has been knocked out of me. (please read the post to Colleen) I am sad, extremely angry, and want vengeance. I have considered calling the Attorney General,and Gary thinks I have gone over the edge.
      Its going to take time for me to be human again. If that sob was in front of me, it would be ugly. How can you do that to people? People you have known for years, and have extended you credit when things were bad, and are THE REASON you have your shop, and all you have, as we vouched for them with the former owner. They bought a shop that was very lucrative, who retired. the former owner went on our recommendation to decide who to sell it to.
      Sorry i am not in a good space right now. I will be in a few days, and as long as Heather does not get sick.
      Please say a prayer…..I do need to watch the Masked Singer….LOL
      Adele

• adele shanbar
      Participant

Gailster…I also love all the jokes you have posted.
      I read all the Nancy Drew books. Also the series of Pride and Prejudice, ect. Forgot the author…LOl
      Adele

PS still angry….I have a headache, whihc I caused from my level of anger.

• Anonymous
      Inactive

Adele that is why this virus is spreading so fast. Anyone that comes in contact with someone that has it can be a carrier. That is why if you were in contact with someone who has it you are to quarantine in place for 2 weeks because you may not have symptoms for a while.
      I was to the store today & I found it well stocked. Several areas were lacking but I got everything I wanted. There were bags of potatoes. I got one. Plenty of sweet potatoes. Lots of milk, bread & eggs. Frozen veggies & ice cream. Maybe not the brand or flavor you wanted. I bought mostly store brand & got mint chip ice cream. They had a ton of hams. They sent an e mail saying they were in. I got mine free with points. I know Gail was looking for ground beef & they had that also. I got a big 6.5 lb. package & divided it in to smaller portions at home.
      There was little traffic except farm machinery. I was surprised that nearly no on was wearing a mask, not ever the store employees. I wore mine & took my container of wipes & wiped my door handles & steering wheel.

Gail I got my free book today. I know they said they may take longer because of the virus. Mine was over a month so I notified them I did not get it & now I did so must let them know it came. I read all the Nancy Drew & Hardy Boys books too.

I never have too much ham it freezes well for up to a year if wrapped well and you can make so many things with it.

I did not cook tonight. I got some of the fried chicken the store makes & made a veggie with it. I will have the rest tomorrow. Now I have what I need for my baking.

If you girls want to say a prayer for someone you don’t know they are needed. I am in a recipe group & one of the ladies husband is missing. He never came home from work on Sat. He doesn’t have money or his medicine & his phone if off. They tried to track the last place his phone was & it was not close to home or work someone went there to check & no sign of him or his car. She is beside herself & they have 3 young girls.

• Colleen
      Participant

Hi Gail,
      Have you ever read Little Men? I would like to read this book. I do not know why I have never read this. I do not think that I have ever heard of Jo’s Boys. I need to try and find that it probably is pretty good. There are a lot of books that I have not heard of. I really need to start reading again.
      I have never been on that sight for books. I will have to get on there. I have been going to Book Bub but have never ordered from them. I had one book that I wanted but I lost it on the site and could not find it back. Maybe they will list it again.
      My mom saved everything. She had our report cards and any awards we received. She always did that. I did the same thing for my kids and they probably be surprised when they find them.
      Who was your favorite character in the book Little Women. Mine was Jo. She was the one that was the most active and wore her hat on her sleeves. She did things her way and did not let anyone stop her.
      That is not right you cannot get one and I had two. If I could have sent it to you I would have. We have all kinds of food around here now. Ron bought about 5 packages of ground beef so we have to figure out what I am going to do with it.
      Colleen

• Colleen
      Participant

Hi Adele,
      The woman should have been more honest with Heather. She knew that Heather had been sick and her immune system was not good. What is wrong with people. I will be praying for Heather. Maybe since she kept her distance she will be okay.
      That is so good that Frankie wears a mask and gloves and the whole thing. Heather will probably do that all the time now and not trust people and that they will not tell her the truth about the virus.
      It sounds like Gary and Heather are very trusting. Maybe after this they will not be that trusting. It is a shame that this had to happen o them and make them not trust people.
      We did not do much today. My back was hurting so bad I could hardly move. I took my pain pills and took it easy so hopefully I will not have that problem tomorrow.Well that is all from here. Have a great night and stay sae.
      Colleen

• adele shanbar
      Participant

Hey Colleen
      Not a good time for back issues. I am sorry it hurts you so much
      Please read post to a Sue for info
      Thank you for kind thoughts
      Heather will big go out for next 12 days. I will be praying hard til two weeks is over that she will not get sick
      I am barely speaking to Gary because he never listens to me about thus dam business if his
      I am sick to my stomach
      Love you
      Adele

• Gail Norusis
      Participant

Adele,
      That was horrible what that woman did not being transparent about her illness. And for what? I don’t blame you for being angry. It’s different if a person doesn’t know that they are sick but this was total negligence. I will be saying lots of prayers for your family.
      The Masked Singer is on tonight if you want to watch.
      You know I have never read Pride and Prejudice or any other Jane Austin for that matter which is a surprise being that I ended up being an English major.
      It seems like Nancy Drew was something that we all read. I wonder if girls still read them or if they are too old fashioned now.
      It sounds like you are putting together an Easter dinner. Depending on what we end up getting from the store we may just have to go rogue and barbecue something. lol It doesn’t matter much since it will be just the two of us.
      I’m glad that you have been enjoying the memes. I have been collecting them whenever i see something funny. We need them.
      Gail

Attachments:
    • adele shanbar
      Participant

Omg. Where is the post yo Seurat???
      I told her I will be praying for her friend. Also said
      Heather was coughing last night and I am praying it is allergies
      Also glad she got her supplies st store
      Live you Sue. I wrote you a long post and it’s gone
      Adele.

• adele shanbar
      Participant

Hey Gailster
      Please read posts for info
      I am exhausted from worry. All I do is pray. It scares me when I hear her cough
      Thank u for your prayers
      Love you
      Adele

• Gail Norusis
      Participant

Hi Sue,
      That is horrible about that man disappearing. I will definitely say some prayers. Let us know if you hear anything else.
      I’m glad you got your book. I don’t expect to see mine for quite some time but that’s okay. I have plenty to read.
      I’m glad you had such good luck at the grocery store. I hope we do. it’s been interesting thinking of what i can make with what we have.
      I like the ham too because of it’s versatility. You can do a lot of stuff with it. My Mom used to use the bone and cut up pieces for split pea soup. I never make it because Greg doesn’t like it but sometimes I miss it.
      Gail

Attachments:
    • Gail Norusis
      Participant

Hi Colleen,
      I hope your back is feeling better.
      I have read Little Men-there is also a fourth book called Good Wives which I just discovered.
      My favorite character was the spoiled brat Amy. lol You can tell that I was the baby of the family. I know we were all supposed to admire Jo as she was sort of the feminist. I liked her because she was daring but my heart was really with Amy-I guess i always did enjoy a soft life. lol I also liked Beth as she was so sweet and kind and selfless. However since we never see her grow up there is that sadness there.
      I get a daily email from Book Bub with inexpensive choices for kindle and nook books. Sometimes they have free ones. Do you have a kindle or a nook? Even if you have a tablet you can download the Nook and Kindle apps and get books that way. i also have the nook app on my phone so I can read on there. Which I rarely do-but it’s good if you are caught somewhere waiting without any reading material.
      Gail

Attachments:
    • Colleen
      Participant

Hi Adele,
      Men never do things the way they should. That is why they have wives to help them thru these times like these. I just hope that Heather is just coughing because of allergies.
      I did not see your post to Sue so I will catch up on it later. We are going to go nuts waiting for them to tell us this is over with. I want to see my grands so bad. Little Aliza is getting so much taller and so cute. Danyielle sent me pictures of the kids. Owen is getting taller also and they cut his cast down. Before it was all the way up his arm but now it is below the elbow and mostly on the lower arm and wrist.
      Oh well we will see them soon. If they do not forget who we are.
      I am praying for Heather and everyone on here. I also say a prayer for all the people that have the virus. I know that we all are.
      Have a great night and stay safe.
      Colleen

• Colleen
      Participant

Hi Gail,
      Where do you find all the memes? They are so funny .
      I did not hear of the book of the Good Wives. Is it about the little women after they got married? If it is it would be interesting to find out what happened with each one and their families. Especially Army since she married Laurie. I know I spelled his name wrong. I guess it Lorie. You just know that Jo wrote books and plays and made it big. Meg had a lot of kids because she started out with twins.
      I do not have Kindle or Nook. I like to hold the book in my hands. I guess I will never change. I am getting set in my ways. Oh my Lord I am getting to be like my mom.
      There is not much going on here. We have just been sitting here watching our hair turn grey. It is happening really fast too. well that is all from here have a great night and stay safe.
      Colleen

• Gail Norusis
      Participant

Hi Colleen,
      I had written you a reply and when i went to post it it didn’t show up and then it told me I wasn’t signed in.
      Grrrrrrr!
      So I got the memes from a discussion on the Q boards. There’s pages and pages of them.
      I am wondering if Good wives is just the second part of Little Women. Maybe it was originally written in two parts-or maybe it was split to remarket it. I will do some research. I read Little Men and Jo’s Boys 60 years ago so I don’t really remember the stories. I think a lot was about the boys from the school that Jo and her husband started.
      I won another book this morning. This one was a kindle book by Jenny Colgan. She is a good author from the UK. Speaking of the UK how is Christine doing with her health and the virus over there.
      Talking about gray hair. I’ll bet I won’t be able to go to my appointments in May. I have two-one for roots and a cut-and one for high lights.
      I don’t think Greg ever wants to go back into the world until there is a vaccine. I’m hoping to be able to go out by June. First thing-see the kids and go out to eat.
      Gail

Attachments:
    • Anonymous
      Inactive

Ladies thanks for the prayers. Tracy’s husband has been found. I don’t have many details just that he had a medical emergency. I know they checked the hospitals before so I wonder why it took so long to find him. Anyway he is back home with his family.

It is raining here & windy. I think with the virus & these dark dreary day is enough to drive you mad.

Gail I wanted to tell you I went to Etsy to look for masks & they had lots but every one I clicked on would not ship for 10 to 14 days & that is too long. so I made my own.

• adele shanbar
      Participant

Hi Colleen
      thank you for the prayers. We all need them right now, as you just never know who is going to be sick. It is bad up here in Mass.
      Heather stopped coughing as it is raining. So, it must have been allergies. So far, she is ok. I pray she stays that way.
      Everyone is missing everyone. Last night our SIL and her family did a Zoom Passover Sader. It was so nice to see everyone, if only on the computer screen. They even loaded the Shanbar Sader prayer book, and we were able to copy it, so now we have one. We all had a part in saying the prayers, like we always did at Susan and Don’s home. It made me sad. Our niece, Corey atone point said there was a cardinal in her yard, and she started to cry. She just held onto her dog form then on, and said nothing more. She has been having a very hard time with her Dad’s death. It was nice to be a part of the celebration. It made Gary very sad too, as he misses his brother, and the holidays at their house.
      I really think it is going to be a long, long time before we can all try to get back to life before the virus. I also feel nothing will ever be the same again, and we will all have a new normal. this will be way worst than coming back form 911. I fear nothing will ever be like it was, not even food shopping. Sorry…guess I feel a little down today. Hope I do not get you down too.
      Tonight, I may make a pizza. If not, I will do it tomorrow. I will also be making the Ricotta pie tomorrow. On Saturday, I will do the Anise cookies, as Gary does nto eat the pie.
      One more thing I wish to say today. I also very proud of our Governor, and his staff. I am blessed to live in Mass.
      The thing I am grateful for today, is that Heather is still symptom free. the last time she saw the wife at that shop was a week ago Monday. this past Monday, she only saw the husband. But, I feel if she has it, he has it. so 11 more days to go to be free of worry.
      Love you!
      Adele
      PS Tillie has been non stop crying. I had to tell her, as I do not want her to come up here right now. If Heather remains symptom free, I will let her come up for Easter, and sit at the opposite end of the table, with no contact.

• adele shanbar
      Participant

Hello everyone

Sue- my post to you completely disappeared. I said a prayer for your friend’s husband, and I am so happy he was found. Is he ok now?
      It is pouring up here, and thundering. I wonder if you had the thunderstorms too? You are quite right- the dreary days when this is happening feel so much worst.
      I think I remember you got yourself a small ham for Sunday. If you go into King Arthur Flour company, they have a nice recipe I copied for quiche- it has mushrooms and onions in it too. It says mushroom pepper and onion quiche. If we get the ham with the bone in, Ill use it for lentil soup next week. Or pea soup.

Gailster
      We are trying to do a ham for Easter for the 5 of us. As Bobby could not get potatoes, I ordered their side of potatoes too. It is now pouring, and Bobby said if it takes too long to go in there- no ham for us….LOL

Barbara
      I am praying you are safe and feeling better through all of this. Also hoping all your family are well, as they are mostly first responders. I say extra prayers every night for all those who are working to keep us safe, proitect us and feed us.

Colleen….hope you all are good to. I wrote you a post a few minutes ago…LOL
      Love Adele
      Stay safe everyone!!! Attached a pic of my Passover soup and a present my neighbor sent us.

Attachments:
    • Colleen
      Participant

Hi Adele,
      We do all need prayers. I am glad that they found Sue’s friend. This is not a good time to be in the hospital. I am just really happy they found him. I bet his family was really happy to have found him.
      I am really glad to hear that Heather has quit coughing. I am still praying for her as I am sure everyone else is also. Does she still live with you? I hope she does it is better for you to have your kids with you to help you out and you them.
      That is so good that they did the Sader where you could be there with them. The internet can be good in some ways and bad in other.It had to be fun seeing everyone. I am sorry to hear about your niece still missing her dad. That must be even harder with not being able to go anywhere and be with people. That is really sad.
      I really think that we will all be a lot closer when this is over. I think people will appreciate everything more and love our families more. We will be so glad to get together and able to go shopping. Maybe we will be a little kinder and think about people more. We will see.
      Your soup looks really good. I like the puppy in the plant. That is really cute. Does the soup have chicken in it? They fix some really good food for this holiday.
      I bought a carrot cheese cake for Easter. I do not feel like baking because it will just be the two of us and we will not eat that much. I got the cake from QVC it is a Juniors cake. I hope that it tastes good.
      I am thank-ful that they cut that cast down on Owen’s arm. He can use his arm more now.
      Well that is all from here. Have a great night.
      Colleen
      p.s. Poor Tillie. Maybe she will be better after she comes up for Easter and she can see everyone.

• Colleen
      Participant

Hi Gail,
      Is Good read just for books on Kindle and Nook? I was hoping that they sold hand held books also. That is really nice that you won another book. You are really lucky when it comes to winning these books.
      I will be glad to get back out into the world. I never thought I would say this I want to go shopping. I need new curtains for the living room and dining room. I want to get the ones that are lined.
      I need to get high lights in my hair also. We will just have to wait. Can you imagine how busy beauty parlors will be when we get back there. They will be booked for months. I imagine that it will be better for the people that have a regular person who does their hair.
      I like the thought of having a glass of wine in each hand. That will keep our hand busy and we will feel pretty good also. We will have to drink the wine and then refill the glasses.
      How is Brent doing? Did he get moved into his house? I hope so then he can be getting things done since we are all stuck at home. He will be able to get a lot done.
      Colleen

• Anonymous
      Inactive

I woke up to snow this morning. Everything was white. It is still windy. We had a tornado in PA yesterday. Not where I live but in PA. Very cold & stormy. The wind gusts are not to be as strong as Yesterday. There was some damage just from the winds. It always knocks out the TV stations. We are still in the 30’s & only to get into mid 40’s. I think we are in for a cold Easter weekend.

• Gail Norusis
      Participant

Hi Sue,
      We had snow yesterday too. I think they said we may get some either Sunday or Monday and right now all next week will only be in the 40’s. I could really appreciate some 60 degree spring weather. I would like to see some spring flowers too.
      It was eerie to see a picture of an empty Saint Peter’s square this morning. Easter Mass will be watched on TV this year.
      How are you holding up with the solitude? I’ll bet the internet and Facebook help a lot.
      Gail

Attachments:
    • Gail Norusis
      Participant

Hi Colleen,
      Goodreads does not sell books. When you enter the giveaways you can enter for either hard books or ebooks-I enter both kinds. It’s a place where you can track books that you have read, read reviews find books that are similar to other books that you like-all kinds of stuff. You should go there and look around.
      I need new curtains for my family room too. I found what I wanted online from Pennys but just haven’t gotten around to measuring and ordering yet.
      Brent hasn’t moved yet. He said the place where he got his mortgage wasn’t doing any new mortgages because of Covid 19. i thought his mortgage was already in place before all this happened-so i really don’t understand what is going on.
      I guess he had some friend searching for his birth parents-which we knew nothing about and supposedly he got a text from some guy who says he is his father-so he’s pretty confused about that right now. I’ve told him for years he should try to find his birth parents because of all his medical issues but he was always very resistant so something has made him change his mind. I don’t know why he doesn’t use the Illinois Adoption Registry. If your birth parents are signed onto there it’s pretty much a straight path to them. For some reason he doesn’t like to listen to me and prefers to do things the hard way. Also I think now in Illinois you can get your original birth certificate. The one you get from an adoption is amended with the adoptive parents names on it-but I think now an adoptee can get the original in our state.
      Even if he had already moved he wouldn’t have all that time at home since he is still working. He works at a place that dries milk for baby formula and you got to keep making that stuff. Babies have to eat.
      It will be a quiet Easter. I will have to hide eggs for Greg to find. lol
      Gail

• Gail Norusis
      Participant

Hi Adele,
      I hope Heather is still doing well.
      Well we’ll find out tomorrow when we pick up our groceries if we will have ham for Easter. Other wise i have pork chops and steaks in the freezer. It took me hours to make up my online order for WalMart because every time I wanted something that they didn’t have I had to search around for some kind of substitute. By the time I got done it took me so long my original pick up time was gone so i had to get a later one. I always have a long list as i try to get enough to last for a couple of weeks and we go through more food with Greg being home for lunch. More than I would have thought. I don’t know how you do it with five people. I guess Bobby goes out more often. Greg wanted to make more bacon buns and i could only get hot sausage not mild so that will be interesting. Can barely get pasta or rice. No flour. I finally tracked some down and got it from Etsy. More expensive but what can you do.
      Maybe I will have to dress up as a bunny for Easter and hide eggs for Greg. lol
      He is now sporting a goatee. He had one years ago. don’t know what brought that on. I gave up wearing a bra and he grew a goatee. lol I’m reverting back to the sixties when i went braless. lol Except it looked a hell of a lot better when I did it back then. lol Then men would whistle-now they would gag. lol
      Have a wonderful Easter. The soup looks good. Yum!
      Gail

Attachments:
    • Colleen
      Participant

Hi Gail,
      Christine is doing okay. She is not allowed to leave her house for 12 weeks I think. It may be longer I am not sure. She has so many health issues they consider it a risk for her to leave the house. She was not happy at first but she has accepted it now. She realizes it is for her good. I guess she is like anyone it is better if it is your own idea and not someone telling you.
      I have not found any that I like yet. They have to be lined so the sun does not come in the window in the summer and the cold does not come in in the winter. The sun shines right in the window in the summer and it gets really hot in here. If I can find the insulated it would be so much better.
      That is a shame that Brent did not say something to you about trying to find his natural parents. Well they are not really his parents you and Greg are. You have been there with him thru his whole life. So telling you would be the right thing for him to do. You have never told him not to look for them and I am sure that you and Greg would help him thru.
      I got a picture of Aliza today she was showing me her finger nails. She finally let her mom paint them. She never would let Danyielle do that and she will not wear a pony tail or put a bow in her hair. Maybe now that they are stuck at home she will let Danyielle do more things with her. She is a character.
      Well that is about all from here. Have a great night and stay safe.
      Colleen

• adele shanbar
      Participant

Hey all
      A quick note to let you know where we are at, and to wish you all a very quiet weirdo Easter celebration.

So, Heather was tested today atone of the drive up testing sites. She did not sleep at all last night. (she went to bed when she got home and slept a little) She had to write her name and dob and number she got from her doctor on a piece of paper on her window, they had her roll down her window, do the test, and off she went. We have to wait up to 48 hours for the results. She does have some of the symptoms,but they could be from her other issues too. her doctor knows how upset she gets and does not want her stressed out, especially now. Plus, she is concerned with all of us here too. We are all quarantined. Not that anyone was goign nay where anyway. Bobby did have to go out to get us some food, and he wore the big mask, the one that looks like you are an alien, and gloves, of course.

So, this week there were potatoes. No frozen waffles forTillie, no ketchup, no frozen strawberries, no packages of rolls- the Grands and crescent rolls. He saw toilet paper being stocked, and by the time he got there, it was all gone. That is ok, as I still have the weirdo brands I got from BJ’s and Staples.
      I have a list of items in my “cart” at BJ’s and they have been there for a week. I nanobot get any delivery dates. Also tried to order form Shaw’s and the Mercato shopping form the meat market, but they no longer have the meat market on their list of stores. the stores they have are on the other side of Boston, or in downtown Boston.

I am a wreck. Forgive me if I ask things more than once, or do not remember as my head is not in the game right now. I am so terribly worried. Not just for my family, but the boys who are still working, Enzo’s nurse sister, my neighbor who is the Assistant Fire Chief, etc. I am devastated by all the souls who have died, and I keep saying every number is a human being, forma family who loved them. They are not numbers, they are humans.

DD….
      Hope you and Critt are good. I hope you have the supplies you need to eat and take care of yourself and your kitty.

Sue….
      It is cold up here too. We had a storm that had hail, rain and snow all at once, and huge gusts of wind. Now it is windy and cold out there. QVC delivered a cottage Farms plant- set of 3, that I just threw out on the deck, with the box open so they will get the sun and rain. At this point, I do not even care if they die. I do not want to ask Heather to plant them, and the yard is a mess anyway. I pray you are ok, have all you need to eat, and the supplies you need to take care of yourself too. I think you said you got a ham and froze it?? I will do some kind of quiche this week, or a soup….LOL Accept, I have no lentils….LOL What will you make with the leftover ham?
      That was awful to have a tornado watch close to you. There is enough to be hysterical about without that! So glad you are ok, and nothing happened.
      Please stay safe!

Colleen….
      So glad your grand got the cast off. That is great news. Also good you were ale to skype the kids. They miss us as much as we miss them, I am sure. I told my neighbor Bunny that I want to do a huge neighborhood Forth of July party when this is all over. I hope you and Ron have a nice dinner. the only thing I made was a ricotta pie, and I left it in the oven a few minutes too much. It got a little dark….LOL I never even got to the Anise cookies today. I was too upset about Heather, and trying to find the food online we are missing- found ketchup on Amazon, and rice pilaf too.

Barbara…
      I hope we hear you and your family are all ok. they are on the front lines, and I am praying hard for all of them. Hoping the trip across country went ok too. I am praying you are doing well, and you are getting a little stronger every day. Please stay safe!

Gailster…
      I have not had a bra on in 3 days too….LOL Some days I wear one and some I do not.
      That is awful that Brent did not get to close on his new house. I hope they do not make him jump through a bunch of hoops because so much time has gone by. Just not fair.
      I hope you were able to get a ham- even a small one for just the two of you. We can;t even get a pick-up time up here this weekend for any groceries. This is just nuts.

Please everyone, have a good day tomorrow, as that is all we have- tomorrow. A healthy tomorrow, I pray.
      So, toady I am grateful that Heather does not have a fever, and that no other symptoms have been seen today.
      Love you guys!!
      Adele
      PS…does anyone watch Brooklyn 99? OMG, this week made me laugh so hard!

• Colleen
      Participant

Hi Adele,
      I will be saying extra prayers for Heather. This is so sad that this happened. That woman could have warned Heather and kept her from going thru this.
      We are not doing much around here. The weather is cold and rainy. So we cannot even go out for a walk.
      Have a Happy Easter.
      Colleen

• Anonymous
      Inactive

Happy Easter

• Gail Norusis
      Participant

Happy Easter Everyone!

Attachments:
    • Dianne Danielson
      Participant

Hi Ladies,
      I don’t know what;s going on but my computer is going crazy. I had to delete my post cuz other posts were showing up in my box. I don’t know what I did. It happened last time I tried to post last week, & it kicked me back to the March posts. So if you didn’t see it last week my last post was in March.
      I hope everyone had a lovely Easter. Granted it wasn’t a normal one for any of us. I cooked a turkey breast, scalloped potatoes, & fresh asparagus for Critt & myself.
      I haven’t taken the decor down as yet. It takes so long to get it up, I almost hate to take it down right away. Who’s gonna see it anyway?
      Adele, you can reach Sue through Messenger, just like you do with me. I don’t have an email address for her.
      We’ve been having some lovely weather out here. I’d love to send it out to you guys. Those storms are so terrifying!!! It’s supposed to get into the 70s this week then rain possible by the weekend. It’s pretty chilly in the mornings tho.
      As usual nothing going on here, just isolation.
      OH did I tell ya Snowball has a new hiding place? I was looking high & low for her a few days ago, I finally found her, in the bathtub.
      We now have 55 deaths & over 1500 cases of the virus here. I hope this starts slowing down real soon..
      Well that’s all for now. Take care, & stay safe!!!
      dd

Attachments:
    • Dianne Danielson
      Participant

Hi girls,
      Does anyone know why we haven’t seen Shawn Killinger on the Q? the last time I saw her was a month or so ago.. Same goes for Antonella. I haven’t seen her either. I hope they’re okay.
      dd

• Colleen
      Participant

Hi DD,
      I had to sign in twice before I cold get on here. I wonder if they are going to start having trouble with the internet. That is all we need. We will really get bored then.
      I have not noticed that Shawn has not been on lately. Maybe she is taking time off to be with her little one. I guess that her husban is having to work from home. Maybe she will get on again soon.
      Your meal sounds good. We had ham, potato salad, and corn. I ordered that carrot cheese cake from Juniors and it was not all that good. I would not order it again.
      I still have my decorations up also. At least they make the house look cheerful. I do not know what I am going to decorate with after I take the decorations down.
      Our weather is cold here. I will be glad when it warms up again. So we can go outside and get out of the house. It is much nicer when we can walk around in the yard. It does make the day go faster.
      Snowball really likes to hide. She must like being in the bathroom. Well that is all from here. Thank-you for posting the cheerful pictures they really brighten my day.
      Colleen

• Gail Norusis
      Participant

Hi Everyone,
      DD, I don’t know about Shawn-maybe she is taking vacation. It seems like she has a lot. I know Mary Beth took time off. I did see Antonella last week on a jewelry show. It’s good that you and Critt were able to share Easter. I must say Easter was like any other day this year without a get together. At this point there is no rush to take any decorations down as who would be over to see what you have up and if it’s seasonal or not. lol
      We have 23,247 cases in Illinois and 868 deaths. I’m hoping we will get to the point soon where the numbers will start dropping. An assisted living place a town over has 4 deaths and 28 cases all in that one little place. That is scary and sad.
      Colleen, It has been cold here too. Yesterday and the day before we had snow and we had the fireplace going all day long. Brrrrrr!
      We may have to do it again today.
      So Greg gets a call from his friend in Idaho yesterday. They live way out in the boonies. He said they are doing absolutely nothing different. Restaurants are open-they were having their kids over for dinner. They are living life just like they were before. I find that so hard to believe. They have no idea how people are living in other parts of the country. It really makes me just shake my head.
      So my rheumatologist is forcing me to go out and get bloodwork. I am a month late and I emailed his nurse last month and asked if I could delay and they said yes but now I need a refill so he expects me to get bloodwork other wise they won’t refill. I am so torn on this. I know I need the bloodwork because of the meds that I take but here we have isolated for six weeks and then he is making me go out. I feel like it is defeating the purpose. Plus I feel like by staying home I am not only protecting myself but protecting Greg too-so this has me pretty upset. I’m still deciding which will be the best place to go have the bloodwork done where I will come across the fewest people. I wish I could wait until the end of May- I would feel more comfortable.
      Jenny is looking to adopt another dog so Luke has a playmate. It’s amazing how cleared out the shelters are. I guess tons of people are adopting while they are home on isolation. I hope they don’t all get sent back when people start going back to work.
      I did get a ham for Easter-you can’t specify what size so usually for us I would get like about four or maybe five pounds for leftovers and I got eleven pounds with using the pick up service so we now have ham up the wazoo! lol
      Gail

Attachments:
    • Anonymous
      Inactive

Gail we actually have more cases 26.490 but less deaths 647. Half of are deaths are from people that were in long term care places. A lot of the cases are also health care workers. Seems they are not being taken care of as in not enough safety equipment for them.
      You should be okay getting your bloodwork. Wear a mask. They may take your temp before you go in & here only 1 person in at a time.
      Our cases are not doubling each day or 2 like it was but we are still growing in number of cases but they say we are flattening the curve. But they are warning not everything should be opened at once but done slowly. But as long as people don’t listen I can see it stretching out much longer.

Now for the good news. I got my stimulus check. I am using it to help payoff my car.

I am glad you got a ham & you can make a lot out of it. Freeze some for later. You may need it. Meat is to sky rocket in price if you can get it. Meat plants are closing down. I am glad I got the ground beef. Were you able to get any? I also have a chicken in the freezer & some pork chops. So I am good for now.

• Gail Norusis
      Participant

Hi Sue,
      We are making a lot of different things with the ham. I was so happy to get it. I also was able to get two pounds of ground beef. Wasn’t able to get chicken but i did buy the recent TSV chicken breasts from the Q so we have some chicken. We had gone to Costco in December where we buy pork tenderloin and beef tenderloin in bulk and then break them down into chops and roasts so we are good there.
      I would hope that my doctor would not send me into a situation that would hurt me but I am still feeling a bit leery. Mostly because what i do also affects Greg. So I am working up my courage to do it.
      Yes, nursing homes seem to be especially hard hit in a lot of places. That is so sad. And my heart bleeds for patients who have very little human contact and family members who can’t visit their loved ones.
      I am glad that you can put that stimulus check to good use to help pay off your car. How has the new car been working for you. We are all saving on gas-just when it has hit record lows. Everyone knows gas prices will increase when people start going out more.
      Gail

Attachments:
    • adele shanbar
      Participant

Hey Sue!

Happy Easter …belated…..
      Love you!
      Adele

• adele shanbar
      Participant

Hey DD
      No idea on those hosts.
      Love you!
      Adele

• adele shanbar
      Participant

Colleen and Dd
      I still have all my Easter Annalees up…LOL
      Adele

• adele shanbar
      Participant

Hey Gailster and DD

Meat is becoming scarce up here as soon as they issued the warning the meat packing plants are closing due to the virus. I tried to do a meat order on BJ’s, for pick up, and all that came up for beef and pork was…..hot dogs, dog food, and Slim Jim’s. Iguess beef and pork will be our next shortages up here. I still ahve 2 roasts and 2 packages of hamburg. But, we are feeding 5 people each night. The takeout places that we go to, that are safe, are closing one by one. We could nto get a roast beef sandwich earlier in the week. Bobby went to an Italian place, and they were still open. You had to call the order in from your car, and wait outside. I thought that was good to be safe, for everyone. that was the night the gout attack was the worst. It involved both feet, my ankle and my knee was going nuts- all because of the funky way I was walking due to pain. I called the doctor, and she said it was gout, as I was not sure because it was never that big before- it was only one toe. I had to start the prednisone. Had not wanted to start, as it can cause my stomach with the colitis to bleed. I had no choice, so here I am. The pain in both feet and ankle is gone. The knee is getting a little better. It is what it is, as I say. I am alive, and grateful.

Did you hear the scandal at the nursing homes- some are in Florida, and I think the Midwest in one state? they are not saying people have died form the virus, and the one in Florida has dead bodies in it, and they will not let people in to get them. I swear they are doing that because they want to keep the dead people’s stimulus checks. that just broke this am on MSNBC- have nto heard more since then. They did not say they want to keep the checks, that is my opinion. It was heartbreaking to hear one wife who lost her husband speak. this is bringing out the worst in some very awful people.

Hope you are all keeping safe and sound. We are supposed to get some snow tomorrow night….LOL
      Love you guys!
      Adele

• adele shanbar
      Participant

Gail and Sue
      Love the pics! LOl
      Forgot to say, I would be scared to go out for blood too. Mostly because people go for tests because they donto feel well. I would suggest to call, and see when is the time the least amount of people go. then do what we have Frankie do….mask and gloves, carry nothing inside with you. wipe the area where you will sit, (throw that in their garbage ) take gloves off BEFORE you touch your car, (wrap them inside out so no contamination- throw them out in a bag to dispose of inside the car that you have in there for trash) then get in, and sanitize your hands, throw your bag in the trash, and wash the hell out of your hands when you get back home.
      That is my best idea for today. I wish you did not have to go.
      Love, Adele

• Anonymous
      Inactive

Gail have you had those TSV chicken breasts before? Are they good? I ordered some too & was wondering about them. Mine are waitlist so not sure I will get them.
      I feel bad for the people in nursing homes as they cannot have visitors & have to eat alone in their room, no going to dining room. I know another Quacker who’s mother is in one & one of the staff fixed it up so they could facetime. I also sent her a card as she can still get mail. Those are the people that would be bored. Sitting in a tiny room all day with very little contact with anyone. We cannot be in contact with people but have all kinds of electronics to keep in touch, books to read, housework, cooking. Lots to keep us busy.
      We had snow this morning & tonight to go down into the 20’s. They said if you have any plants out bring them in.

• adele shanbar
      Participant

Sue
      As always, you get the snow before us. We are supposed to get some Friday night, I believe. Just a dusting up here, they say. I hope you do nto get more than us.

Let me know how you like the chicken breasts.

I had a stroke of luck today. the order I have been trying to checkout with for 2 weeks, finally had a delivery date. So, I was able to get boneless chicken breast, and bone in chicken breast. Also ordered some quarantine snacks…Hostess cupcakes, and donuts for Gary- no Hostess donuts were available- they substituted some store brand….LOL Well, I got hell from the family. Bobby called it “your corona delivery is here”. Everybody was freaked out that I had the BJ’s Instacart delivery service pick out the food, and deliver it. I figured, it eliminated someone going to the store, standing in line for an hour, only to find nothing I had on the list. Of course, the tp for Tillie did not come, nor did the Pine Sol cleaner, or Clorox wipes….LOL
      Oh well. I tried. I was very happy. Then Bobby said the delivery guy had his hands down his pants on the way down the driveway, either adjusting his underwear, or scratching himself. So much for my good idea today. I can’t win for losing aorund here…..LOL
      Hope your day went well today. I always feel so bad for you being alone in times like these. I think today, you have the much better deal! I am with a bunch of looney tunes since they have been stuck in here with me.
      My big goal for tomorrow is to make a pizza.
      Hope you have a good night.
      Love you!
      Adele

• adele shanbar
      Participant

Here is that pic I told you guys about.
      Adele

Attachments:
    • Colleen
      Participant

Hi Everybody,
      I am really depressed today. It seems like we are on a death watch. Every day they come on the news and go on and on about the virus and deaths. It is like that is all we are doing is waiting for people to die. Why they do not talk about the survivors I do not understand. We should be thinking about that and we would not be getting so depressed.
      It is a hard decision on what to do about having blood taken. I will be praying that you make the right choice and go to the right place to have the blood test. Do they takr blood at your doctors office? That is where I would feel safest having it done. They have a special room where they test you and you are not around a lot of people.
      One nice thing about ham is you can freeze it also. We do that when we have a lot of left overs. I just make sure to put some of the juice from the ham so it does not dry out. That is just what I do.
      So far we have been able to get meat and other things that we need. I do not know if it is because we live in a small area. We can get fresh meat from family also. Ron’s nephew has cattle and one of his cousin raises chickens. So far we have not had to get meat from them so we are doing fine.
      Well that is about all from here. I hope that I did not hurt anyones feelings I just have been so depressed about this stuff.
      Have a great night.
      Colleen

• Gail Norusis
      Participant

Hi Colleen,
      I think we all have had days like that. I don’t think we would be normal if we didn’t. There is so much sadness-so many people dead. Plus the ways the virus has affected the way we personally live our lives. Missing our families. But I try not to allow myself to go there for too long. I know I cry easily now.
      But then I shake myself and say-be grateful you are alive Gail and that your loved ones are safe and that none of them are out of work.
      It would be nice if the news celebrated the people that survived while also recognizing the dead. Unfortunately right now the dead are just numbers on the news. It’s all so sad.
      I always remember the wise words of Jeanne Bice. You may not be able to change a situation but you can change the way you think about it. That’s
      paraphrased but i always try and remember that as it has helped me many times in my life. I’ll see if I can come across the exact quote.
      I think the group of us will be home the longest since we are still the most vulnerable section of the population. I think we will be the last group that they suggest will be able to move about freely.
      I’m glad that you won’t find any problem getting meat or eggs. That makes things easier.
      I think I can put my bloodwork off at least until they reopen the state as he did refill my prescription. The nurse said the same thing Colleen-that it might be best to come into the office as that might be the lowest traffic area but at least I can put if off a little longer. Even a month should make a difference in my level of comfort.
      I hope that you are feeling a bit happier today. Did you get snow. It’s snowing here right now.
      Gail

Attachments:
    • Gail Norusis
      Participant

Hi Sue,
      I didn’t remember ever having the chicken breasts before unless I had them a long time ago. I read some good reviews which prompted me to order them. I ordered the smaller pack with 10-not the one with 20-at least this first time until I know if we like them or not. I also ordered the empanadas to try since Greg is home for lunch all the time now I am looking for different things to have on days when we don’t have leftovers available for lunch. Of course there is always sandwiches. I have read somewhere that food orders on the Q are really up with people being home bound.
      You are right the people in the nursing homes must be lonely with no visitors.
      We do have our books and technology and homes and cooking to keep us busy-in a nursing home you don’t even have that. Like you said they are alone in a tiny little room. A caring staff is really important in that situation.
      Greg just told me there are seven confirmed cases right in our town. I am kind of surprised.
      It’s snowing here again. I think this is our third snowfall this month. I was looking at the pictures on my phone this morning and saw that I had snow pictures from April 27 2019 so we may not be done yet.
      We were thinking we might be getting asparagus soon if it would warm up a bit.
      Gail

Attachments:
    • Gail Norusis
      Participant

Hi Adele,
      The rainbow is awesome! It’s even a double rainbow. I’ll bet NY needed to see that. Thank you for the picture.
      I love rainbows almost as much as butterflies. Rainbows and butterflies-of course I was a hippie. lol
      Well Greg and I had a big date yesterday. We drove through the bank-with masks on. lol One has to see the humor in that.
      Then we drove over to our local WalMart to pick up drugs after we robbed the bank. lol You go to a parking spot and park and call the number and they come out with your prescription and run your credit card right there while you stay in your car. They always give pause when I pick this med up because it’s 300 dollars for 12 pills with insurance. It’s a three months supply for me though. I have trouble taking the generic so we have to do it this way. I can imagine when we stop having private insurance and switch to medicare they will have a fit and my doctor will have to jump through hoops to get them to cover it. But look at all the years we saved them not having to pay for us as we are 71 and 70 and not on Medicare yet. Not that they will care. lol
      I must say I have been guilty of buying those quarantine snacks too. Both salty and sweet.
      Tell Bobby he’s a killjoy-you tried to do something nice by not having him go out and then he tells you about the delivery guy. He could have kept that info to himself. I don’t think we will be going back into a grocery store for a long time. Our local WalMart doesn’t have the grocery pick up so we have to drive to the next town over to do that-but hey-what else are we doing anyway. lol
      Gail

Attachments:
    • Dianne Danielson
      Participant

Hi Ladies,
      Just a quick note to let ya know I’m alive & mean as ever. Not much going on here. Did laundry today.
      The strangest thing happened. Apparently someone broke into the money machine we use to put $ on our laundry card. When we had all that construction yrs ago they changed our washing machines & dryers. Instead of quarters they handed out laundry cards. they resemble a debit card. Anyway, the money machine was down all week until today. So I was able to get $ on my card so I could do laundry.
      And according to management, there were several break ins around the area. There are other bldgs like this one for low income people, & I guess they were all broken into. The weirdest thing is we have to use our house key to get into that room so we don’t know how they got in there in the first place. Not to mention how did they know where it was? It had to be an inside job.
      Well you know it’s a slow week when the most excitement was getting my laundry done. lol
      We just had two really nice days in the 70s but it was short lived. It;s clouding up tonight. From what I heard we won’t see those temps for quite some time now. We really need the rain. April is usually wet.
      Stay safe & stay warm. Heard about snow!!! Unreal!!!
      Have a great weekend.
      dd

Attachments:
    • Colleen
      Participant

Hi Gail,
      I think I just needed to say something and it made me feel better. Ron has had two deaths in his family and we have not been able to go to the funerals. It just really makes us feel bad because it was cousins that we were close to. They neither one died of the corona virus. So we felt really bad we could not go. I guess we will have to go to the grave sites later and put flowers on the graves.
      Thanks for all the good advice you gave me. I guess I need to read Jeannes books again and cheer up. The only thing is I cannot get in the tub anymore so I will have to play with my duck in the shower. lol
      We did not get the snow but we did have rain. I would like to have seen some snow. We never get the snow just rain. That might be one reason why it is depressing.
      We have been buying a lot of food from QVC. They have some really good raviolas. We had some the other night and really liked them. We have not tried the chicken that they had the other night but have had the chicken wings from the bbq place that is on there. I cannot think of the name now. This is terrible my mind is going. We get their bbq sauce also. They had it on auto delivery so we got it that way. Corkys that is the name of it.
      Thanks for posting the memes. They are so funny and make me smile like they do everyone else. Please keep posting them.
      Colleen

• Colleen
      Participant

Hi DD,
      I wish that I could send some our rain your way. We are getting a lot of it. It would be nice to see the sun again. I am tired of all the clouds and the cold temps.
      I guess that people are getting bored and are robbing places that they think that they will not get caught. We have been having some killings in St. Louis. They had stopped for awhile but have started up again. I just keep praying that they will stop forever. I do not understand why they are doing it. It is just so sad.
      There is not anything going on here either. It is getting boring around here. The pictures are so cute. I kike the picture of I guess it is Snowball’s tail hanging out of his thing he climbs. I do not know what they call that.
      Have a great night
      Colleen

• Barbara Smith
      Participant

I had written you all a real long newsy update and poof off it goes!!!!! I just had to put it up last night; I wanted to scream. Jerry and I are hanging in there. you would think I would be just clinging to him for comfort and solace right now; but he is getting on my nerves so badly since the children have gone. I know every bone in my body tells me how grateful I am to the good Lord for all our blessings with so much going on in the world, but I have been so sad and lonely since they left Thursday morning. They arrived safely in Las Vegas at Buddys this evening after 3 days of driving. They will stay with them until Tuesday morning and then on the California. Neal said today that he was so glad to stretch his legs and walk around and know they do not have to load up and drive again tomorrow. He ran into very little traffic. He said that every hotel they stopped in had passed the virus protocol set up by the govt. before they could remain open for guests. Sarah said the rooms were spotless both nights (Ramada I think)
      My nerves have been terrible. I couldn’t sleep the first night they left; but did sleep some Friday night. I worry about things and then I just stop and pray. I got 2 calls on Thursday asking me would I consider coming back to work, that I could chose from several cities and the agency would pay for travel hotel and meal expenses. My age didn’t seem to matter. Jerry had a fit. I wish I was able to help, but know in my heart that I just can’t take the risk. This world has turned upside down, hasn’t it? I am still praying for all of you all and your families every day too. Please remember us whenever you can.
      I will write more hopefully in the next couple of days. I am so afraid this thing will just quit like it did. I think there are so many people on the computer here that it is kind of melting down in this area. We have always had problems before this. I don’t go in in stores, and when Jerry does, he wears his mask. We order groceries online but we don’t ever get all the order, some is on backorder or they don’t have when you get there. we still can’t find toilet paper here, don’t have milk sometimes, bread is hit or miss….sounds like the same for you all. Please take care of yourselves, hugs across the miles to you all, Barbara

• Colleen
      Participant

Hi Barbara,
      I think sometimes that our husbands are a pain and they get on our nerves. We have all been stuck in the house with them for a long time. I think we just all need our space. It is hard after the kids come to visit and then leave. I guess men do not show their feelings like we do. I know that Ron is going crazy not being able to go anywhere. He cannot visit his junk buddies. So that is making things hard on him. We do not have any new junk for him to find a place for in the house. lol
      I bet they got some good room rates for hotels. They do not have that many people traveling right now so they are glad to get any one who will come in. This would be a great time to travel and we are all stuck at home. As you can tell I am going crazy staying in the house.
      I have been praying for you and your family. I pray for all the quackers and think about all of you. I am just glad that you are doing better. Just take care of yourself.
      Luv Ya
      Colleen

• Dianne Danielson
      Participant

Hi Ladies,
      I hope this finds everyone safe & well, ( as much as we can be). Not a whole lot going on here. I’m tired of the news day after day. If it wasn’t bad enough we hear about death & misery day in day out, now we have protesters. I guess they’re willing to put their lives, their families lives, friends, co workers, etc to go back to work. If they get sick they’ll have no one to blame but themselves. I think they’re NUTS!!! This is a killer, that doesn’t discriminate, it doesn’t care who you are, how rich or poor you are, what color you are, this isn’t your run of the mill flu bug, like some seem to think. It’s deadly with no end in sight. This is the worst since the outbreak in 1918. I knew a woman who survived it, but she’s gone now. it was Hallie’s grandmother. I’m gonna try & see if she has any stories from her gramma.
      Sorry, I had to vent! I hear about these protesters & the idiot in the white house is egging them on. I wonder what he’ll say if they get sick & die. We;re still in isolation & I’d rather be here than on a respirator in the hospital!! I’m sorry I just can’t understand some people’s thinking. Maybe it’s my age.
      People are dying by the hundreds every day. NYC has hundreds dying every day, not to mention the rest of the country. Our death toll goes up daily. It’s up to 72 the last I heard with almost 2,000 cases that they know of. Who knows how many cases are out there that we don’t know about.
      On another subject,,I discovered Disney+ channel. I’m signed up for a free weeks trial. So you know what I’ll be watching this week. So far I’ve watched a documentary on Elephants, & 2 on Dolphins. One was told as a story about a baby dolphin’s life in the Red Sea. the other is the making of the the other one. Mehgan Markel narrated the one about the elephants, Natalie Portman narrated the story about the baby dolphin, Echo. It was almost like Finding Nemo.
      Well, I better close for now. Sorry if I offended anyone with my rants.
      Take care & stay safe.
      dd

Attachments:
    • Colleen
      Participant

Hi DD,
      I can understand why these people want to go back to work. These are young people that have bills to pay and children to raise. They are also college kids that need to graduate and high school students that need to go out and get jobs or get accepted into colleges so they can get on with things. They are aware of the virus and they do not want to catch it they just want to get on with life. We would be the same way if we were younger. I also understand when they say we are all staying home but yet the virus is still spreading. Are we doing the right thing?
      We have the Disney channel and we watch a lot of Hallmark channel. They have had some really good shows on there. They have a lot of mysteries on and I like to watch a good mystery. It is hard to find a good movie right now. They are showing a lot of reruns.
      Do you watch the Masked Singer? that is really good and fun to see who is behind the mask. People that you would not think could sing are behind the masks. They are all famous people so it does not matter to them if they get voted off. There are football players and peope like that plus singers.
      Well that is about all from here. I hope that I did not offend you with my thoughts.
      Colleen

• Gail Norusis
      Participant

Hi DD,
      No need to apologize. We are all entitled to our opinion here. I totally agree with you too. I understand that people want to get back to work but if we open up the country too soon we will find ourselves back at square one-so we need to be patient and ride this out for the greater good. The president is egging the protesters on because he wants the economy to open back up. It’s totally self interest as without a strong economy he sees his reelection going down the tubes. I really don’t believe he has the good of the people at heart. I have never heard him express condolences to all the people who have lost loved ones and that to me is something a president should do. These are real people with families who are dying-not numbers on a news report. Our governor always expresses sadness for the losses-it is the kind thing to do.
      I too would rather be safe at home than six feet under or fighting for my life on a respirator. I don’t know that I will feel totally comfortable about going out again until there is a vaccine.
      I think the reopening of the beaches in Florida at this point is just silly. it seems like a recipe for disaster. I hope you are enjoying the Disney channel. It sounds like fun.
      I love the basket of kittens. So cute!
      Gail

Attachments:
    • Gail Norusis
      Participant

Hi Colleen,
      Glad you are enjoying the memes. I will keep posting as I have saved a pretty big selection.
      I am sorry that Ron has lost two family members. Were they even able to have funerals as churches are closed so i didn’t think you could have visitations and services right now. So maybe the only thing that you could do was go to the graveside anyway. Maybe you could take a ride to the cemetery some day and leave flowers. That would be paying respect and also you would get out of the house a little bit even if it’s for a sad thing.
      I have never tried the Q ravioli. It’s good to know that it’s good in case I ever wanted to order. I think we used to get the Corky’s ribs sometimes and I know we got the barbecue sauce.
      Both Jenny and Greg have birthdays coming next month. I imagine we will be spending them apart. I think the worst part of this is not seeing the grands but once again better safe than sorry. We want to be around a long time to share their lives. so if we have to give up seeing them for several months it’s worth the sacrifice.
      Gail

Attachments:
    • Gail Norusis
      Participant

Hi Barbara,
      So glad that you had a wonderful visit with the kids. it is hard to let them go.
      I am not surprised that they called you. Our state has a call out for extra health personnel. I know you would like to help but with your health issues you know it would not be advisable. You can help most by staying safe at home right now. That’s what your kids would want you to do.
      What does your son say about Los Vegas right now. It must be so eerie with the Casinos shut down. That city is always going 24 hours a day. It must be so very different.
      I am always praying for all our Quackers.
      We wear masks now too and gloves when we unpack groceries or pick up packages.
      Getting groceries around here can be sketchy too. Flour is nowhere to be found. Did everyone just take up baking? I find that so odd.
      I haven’t tried for toilet paper yet but do need paper towels. We shall see what happens.
      Gail

Attachments:
    • Anonymous
      Inactive

Gail & anyone looking for things like TP & paper towels check Dollar General or someplace like that I find they get things quicker than the big stores.

I got quite a shock this morning when I read that one of my doctors died. He was only 55 years old. I had moved my appt. with him until June now I guess I will need to find someone else.

This virus is no joke & people need to stay in. I am sure no one likes it but it needs to be done. I know we are having protesters today I just wish they would stay home until this is better controlled. I read of a couple that had neighbors in for dinner, they thought they were all well. Well now one lady has died & her husband is in the hospital. She died alone & he must grieve alone as no one is allowed into the hospital. Health care workers are over worked & sad as they watch people die & cannot help them. They also cannot go home & see their families as they need to stay in motels or hotels so not to take it home to loved ones. If people get things opened up it will get much worse again. We are still seeing 1200 to 1400 new cases a day but that is better than our cases doubling every day or two. So I will stay home.

• Gail Norusis
      Participant

Sue,
      I totally agree with everything you said.
      Thanks for the Dollar General tip. I think Jenny had said she was able to get stuff there they she couldn’t get elsewhere.
      That is awful about your doctor. And the people at the dinner party. That’s the problem-someone else can have it and be asymptomatic-but give it to someone else and get them very sick. Some people just can’t seem to get that.
      Stay safe-stay healthy.
      Gail

• Anonymous
      Inactive

I read a couple of funnies. Actually this one was a video on Facebook. A lady heard she could make a mask out of a bra & she had some she never wore. So she cut it & put on elastic & tried it on & it covered her entire face. So she says this is not good I cannot see to drive. It was so funny her whole face was covered.

An old lady went to the store to buy some cat food & the clerk said so many seniors are eating cat food so we need proof you have a cat. So she went home & brought her cat in & bought the cat food. The next day she came in to buy dog food & was again told we need proof you have a dog. so she brought in her dog & bought the dog food. Next day she come in carrying a box with hole in the top. She said to the clerk stick your finger in the hole. The clerk said no you may have a snake in there she said it is not a snake. So the clerk stuck her finger in and said that smells like crap & the lady said it is I need 2 rolls of toilet paper.

• Dianne Danielson
      Participant

Hi Ladies,
      I was looking for a post from Adele, but I didn’t see one. Has she gotten in touch with any of you through Messenger? She did send me a message, saying she lost another dear friend to the virus. Her friend had Alzheimers (?) & was in a long term facility. Up until a few weeks ago her husband was allowed to be in her room, until they found out she had the virus. Adele, Tillie are devastated!! She may not be able to get on here for awhile. She’s beside herself with worrying about everyone. If she’s not careful she’ll end up in the hospital herself, with a heart attack. Or a nervous breakdown.
      Gail, I get a kick out of the memes you post. Thanks for posting them.
      I got those pot stickers they had as a TSV on the Q’ awhile back. They’ve last for quite awhile & are so simple to fix. I got the chicken/pork combo. I have couple advanced orders of the meatballs/sauce, & steaks that should get me through the summer. They’ve been selling out on a lot of stuff on gourmet holiday. It’s become America’s grocery store, lol. t
      Well, I guess that’s all for now.
      take care, stay safe, be well
      dd

Attachments:
    • Gail Norusis
      Participant

Sue,
      Thanks for the jokes. I appreciate them so much as we need things to laugh at.
      Hope you are staying safe and healthy.
      Greg made bacon buns again yesterday-I helped him stuff them. He had been waiting on the delivery of bread flour and yeast.
      We had no internet yesterday until later in the day. It had been bad since the end of last week and then finally yesterday-nothing. it’s back but very slow. We called and they said they were working on it and basically there was nothing we could do but wait. They said they would fix the charges for the outage but that remains to be seen as it is an automatic payment on a credit card.
      Gail

Attachments:
    • Anonymous
      Inactive

Gail I would like to trade you some toilet paper for a bacon bun.

My internet is acting up to but has not gone out completely. I just figure more people are home using it so that could be the problem.

• Gail Norusis
      Participant

Hi DD,
      Yes I had read an article saying the QVC food shows have become extremely popular. I can see why as people are eating at home all the time now. I think I tried the potstickers years ago and wasn’t that crazy about them for some reason. Maybe I should give them another try as everyone seems to like them. Colleen said she had some good ravioli too but I don’t remember the brand. I know some days I am looking for something quick and easy as I am tired of cooking all the time. I suppose we could order out but we haven’t been brave enough to do that yet. Right now frozen pizza or pizza rolls have been our quick no fuss dinners.
      I have heard from Adele a few times. She is also very busy doing things for the business right now. Yes, she is Adele the mother hen who always worries about everyone else.
      Glad you are enjoying the memes. I’m trying to remind everyone to smile.
      I love that half white half pink flower. I wonder what it is.
      I’ll bet Snowball is good company during this time. Our daughter is trying to adopt a second dog since their other one passed and is having some trouble since the shelters are so empty right now. That’s good for the pets though. I check for her everyday and the right one will eventually come along.
      Gail

Attachments:
    • adele shanbar
      Participant

Hey all
      Just a quick note. Sorry I have not been on to support all of you. I just couldn’t write anymore about things
      My neighbor died in a nursing home. She was my best friend before she got Alzheimer’s. Husband devastated as he had not been allowed to see her for six weeks
      I now know so many people who have either relatives who are dead or dying right now. Steph has a neighbor who lost his toe because of this. I pray every day this slows down. I feel so helpless, like all of you. I pray nobody you all know is sick or gone
      Yesterday was first day I did not break down all day long. I am starting to accept, and try to move on for my mental health. I go between crying and yelling. Yesterday when Heather and Gary made a face at dinner, I ordered them both off my table….. direct quote. Lol. Oh yeah, losing it is the least one can say. I can also say both of them finished their dinners
      Please everyone stay safe. I promise I will read the posts soon and answer everyone
      I am ok. Please don’t worry. Just have never ever had so much going on at the same time with no solution in sight due to unforeseen circumstances that cannot be controlled nor repaired
      Live you guys
      Oh…… the shortages in groceries up here are hysterical. More on those later
      Love. Adele

• adele shanbar
      Participant

Pics of food and Bobby’s cake. He turns 50 tomorrow

Attachments:
    • Colleen
      Participant

Hi Adele,
      I am sorry to hear about your friend. That is such a hard time right now. I will be so glad when this is all over. We can see everyone and go out for dinner. I really miss going to dinner.
      The food for Bobby’s birthday looks really good. I wish that I could reach thru the screen and help myself to some of the food. The cake looks really good. I bet you did not have many left overs. I hope that this is not the meal that Gary and Heather turned their noses up at.
      My two oldest grands have not heard yet how they are going to do their graduations. One is graduating from junior college and the other from High school. I wish that they knew. They are also worried about getting into colleges. They needed to go and find out what is going on with that. I hope they can do all that over the internet. I also worry about how long it will take them to go thru all those apps at the office or at home since that is where they are working from now.
      Just try to think of the good times that you had with your friend. That is the best way to get through this. I wish there was something else to say but it is hard to find the right words. Just try to take it easy. Maybe yelling is the best thing to do. It may upset them but you will feel better. lol
      Well that is about all from here. Have a good night.
      Colleen

• Colleen
      Participant

Hi Gail,
      Dolce Amore is the name of the company that sells the ravioli that I was talking. I have had the mushroom and the cheese and they are both really good.They are worth the price you have to pay for them. One thing that I bought that we were not crazy about was the Juniors carrot cheese cake. It just did not taste right.
      They did not have funerals in the church. I think the only ones who could be there was the spouse, children and parents if they were alive. More people could go to the grave site and I think that the Preacher came there and said prayers. It is just sad the way these things have to be done.
      Maybe after all this is over with you can all get together and have a birthday dinner for both of them. That would be fun.
      The kids are trying to figure out what they are going to do for our fiftieth wedding anniversary. We may have to put that off also. Ron and I were going to go to Red Lobster and eat but that is off also. Maybe soon.
      How are the kids and grands doing? I have not heard from mine this week. We do text each other and say good morning so we all know that we are all still alive. Just wish I could see the kids.
      Well that is all from here. Have a good night.
      Colleen

• Gail Norusis
      Participant

Ha ha Sue,
      I would bring you some bacon buns if we lived close. No trade needed. Internet is better today. Hope they fixed it.

• Gail Norusis
      Participant

Hi Adele,
      Wrote you a post and then as it was posting it kicked me off and told me I wasn’t signed in. Second time this happened in a week.
      Grrrrrr!
      We have emailed so i have told you I am sorry for your losses. Hopefully today you will see something to make you smile-a pretty bird or a flower peeking through the earth-a baby’s giggle.
      Greg reads your posts on Facebook and he remarked that you liked root vegetables. I said probably because they are a no fuss side. Put them in a pan season add some oil and bake. You can serve right in the pan. My kind of food.
      Talking about shortages. The other week I tried to get tater tots for a recipe. None to be had. this morning I was reading a post on the Q boards and others can’t get tater tots either. Weird. I never thought I would see these types of things in my life. Life can really change on a dime.
      Bobby will always remember his 50th-it will be remembered as an historic year. Happy Birthday Bobby!
      Gail

Attachments:
    • Gail Norusis
      Participant

Hi Colleen,
      Thanks for the name of the ravioli. They sound good.
      I’m not sure when we will ever feel like it is safe to go in public again-even after things open back up I don’t think we will be the first one’s out there.
      When is your 50th? It’s probably good that you hadn’t planned a big party yet as you would probably have to cancel it. You may just have a quiet celebration at home. Our 47th is in June so who knows if we will even go out at this point.
      The kids and grands are fine. Jenny is looking to adopt another dog but is having a hard time as as soon as one comes up for adoption it gets taken. Now is not the best time as dog adoptions have gone off the charts with people being home. The kids are really looking forward to it too-not sure about Luke-but i think he will like a playmate since he is so active.
      Gail

Attachments:
    • adele shanbar
      Participant

Hello all
      I was finally able to read a few of the posts.

Colleen
      I have been so depressed too. Every number is human being. I am glad they are starting to feature some of the good souls whose lives have been lost I hope you do not know anyone who has it, or died. It is awful when you hear more people you know of, every single day. Elizabeth Warren’s brother died too.

DD
      Dear God, please stay safe at your place. I am horrified at the thefts. But, this is what happens when things get this bad. I am so afraid for you. Please do not open your door to anyone. Do you have enough clothes to get by this, so you do not have to wash them? I can send you some things to get by. Please message me, and let me know your size. Even Heather is worried about you. This affects so much of our day to day life, and then the low life thieves start.

Gail
      That was a funny story…you and Greg feeling like bank robbers…..LOL I need all the laughs I can get!

Sue and Barbara
      I have not read any posts from you two yet….I’m trying!

I have been using that nice set of journals I got form the Q- gave them to the girls and saved one for me. I have been writing in them every day. Even if it is just a word for how I feel. They have helped me get through all the sadness.
      Yesterday I did nto cry at all. Today, just one second, because I saw a bad car accident near us, and I could not hear of one more life lost today..
      I have been face timing the baby and Amanda. I video chatted the boys yesterday. It was so good to hear Aizne and JJ’s voices!
      I also got out on the deck with Heather and we got to see and chat with our neighbor Bunny…that was the best of all. I miss her so much, and she is just next door!!
      Love you guys…..we can get through this. Thank you Gail for reminding us what Jeanne used to say. She is looking down and crying.
      Adele

• Dianne Danielson
      Participant

Hi Ladies,
      Adele, calm down!!! You;re gonna end up in the ER with a heart attack or stroke. Don’t worry about me. I was able to finish my laundry with no problem. No need to send me any clothes. Thanks anyway.
      I know it must be so hard to lose those so close to you. So far I don’t know of anyone passing from it. Our death rate has climbed to 83 we have 2,100+ cases of it. It climbs everyday. We haven’t leveled off yet. Altho we’re not as bad as the rest of the country.
      I do have to say I’ve found a way to occupy my time. I get on Instagram & watch videos of cats, baby goats, & anything that makes me smile or laugh. I talk to people from all over the world. Most of them have cats, & they post pics of them. You can comment & when I do I hear back from them. Some of the pics are hilarious of the kitties doing funny things. I’ve posted a few pics of Snowball & I get comments on how cute she is. I found this goat farm in Idaho, & its baby goat season. they’re absolutely precious!!!! She posts them romping around the farm, taking naps, & just being soooooooo cuuuuuuuute!!!
      I’m finally getting around to taking down the Easter decorations. It’s beginning to look pretty bare again.
      Oh Gail, they had those raviollis on ITKWD last night. They were the last thing on the show. If you go to the Q main page & look em up they may still have them available.
      There;s nothing on TV tonight.
      Well, that’s all for tonight. take care, stay safe.
      dd

Attachments:
    • Gail Norusis
      Participant

Hi Adele,
      Actually the journaling that you are doing is probably quite helpful to calm your nerves and just reflect. It can be a form of meditation. Plus it will be a good historical record of what happened during this time. Please keep doing it.
      Also seeing the grands is always good for the soul.
      I guess Heather has decided to stay with you rather than move back home since you mentioned her being there for dinner and being in the yard with you.
      Glad you liked the story of Greg and I at the bank. I will try to relate other silly things as they happen. In the meantime I have a large collection of memes for everyone’s entertainment. lol
      Gail

Attachments:
    • Gail Norusis
      Participant

Adele,
      The above meme with the husband for sale sign reminded me of you. lol I wonder if she got any takers? lol

• Gail Norusis
      Participant

Hi DD,
      Glad you got the laundry done. That reminds me that we are getting overwhelmed with quarters from the washer and dryer in our apartment. They won’t count them at the drive through so we would have to go into the bank to have them counted and deposited in the account for the apartment. Neither of us wants to go inside the bank right now so they are really accumulating. We have been no where in six weeks now and don’t want to go anywhere yet so the quarters will continue to accumulate.
      I love the basket of cocker spaniel puppies. Puppies and kitties always make a person smile. I know the baby goats are cute too. Yes, thank goodness for social media now as it keeps us in touch and gives us things to amuse us. sometimes it was a pain and now it is a lifesaver.
      We have had a bad media week in our house. The internet was out, the Dish was giving us problems and now we just discovered last night that our land line is down. I think the pixies are bored and causing chaos. lol
      We are now in lockdown until the end of May. I had a feeling it was coming so was mostly prepared. To be perfectly honest i don’t know when i will ever feel safe going out in public again. Maybe we will just become hermits-or pretend that we are shipwrecked on an island or in a boat on the high seas.
      I am interested to see what happens in Georgia with them opening things like gyms and hair and nail salons and tattoo parlors as it is impossible to go to most of those places and remain socially distant. I think in Illinois they are going to reopen some of the parks and let people go boating or fishing and also golfing-I think.
      Brent said New Mexico’s lockdown was extended to mid May. He says his work has very strict protocol to go through. He just had an MRI and has some severe issues with his back particularly in the neck area and is being sent to a neurosurgeon but because of the Covid 19 situation it will be a while until he can be seen. That poor child has had more than his fair share of medical issues. Since his birth father has contacted him maybe he can get some answers on all these medical issues from a hereditary standpoint.
      Gail

Attachments:
    • Anonymous
      Inactive

I went to the grocery store yesterday for a few things. Anyway it is getting very crowded behind my ear with glasses, hearing aid & mask straps. So when I went to remove my mask it was tangled in the mask straps & pulled it out of my ear. After that it would not work so I took it today to be fixed. Got it fixed but found out I still need to go next week to have my hearing checked. But I do feel better about it as they are scheduling people so they are spread out. Only the man that works there & I were the only people in the building & we were both wearing masks. I like that there are no other people around.

They are going to try to open some businesses here but it is mostly for curbside pick up & golf courses & lawn service with only one person. When they start opening up more it will be by region & we are still in red then it goes yellow & finally green if safe. I am glad they are going slow. It is still growing & I think they should wait at least until it starts going down. I think all these people that are protesting to open up are selfish & must not have family effected. It is still far from safe & I am not taking chances. I would rather stay home than be in a hospital or dead.

Gail you were mentioning quarters. You could probably get wrappers from the bank & wrap them yourself. Then you could take to the drive up to deposit. Use the drawer not the tube as when I worked at the bank we had some dummy fill the canister with rolled coins & it go stuck. I imagine you don’t want to do that but it was just a thought. I worked the drive up & we did it this way. Also when people would bring in loose coin they would use the machine to count it & even though we had a machine to wrap them a lot of it we did by hand. I know I did buckets full. I am pretty sure I could have yours done quickly. Another thought we had a door right by the drive thru & if you would tell them you have quarters to be counted they may take them & count them & deposit for you. They probably have time with only the drive thru open.

• Colleen
      Participant

Hi Gail,
      My fiftieth is May 2nd. I do not know what we are going to do. I am hoping to find a restaurant that serves good food and we can just go and pick it up. I may try Coltons. It could a good place it just depends on what they are going to have on the menu.
      Aliza and Kaylee face timed me. it was so much fun talking to both of them. It is hard to keep them still so you can talk to them. It would be nice if Jenny and the kids could face time you. It is interesting to see how the kids act.
      What in June is your anniversary? It just seems like the longer we are married we really deserve something really nice for putting time in. lol Hopefully by June you will be able to go out and do something. Maybe by that time the restaurants will be open. All we can do is say a prayer.
      Did you watch Masked Singer? It is funny they all had figured out who banana was. Everyone but poor Ken. He guessed wrong again. He is so funny when he does that because he is always so sure. What did you think of the after show? I thought it was kind of boring so did not watch all of it. Maybe it got better as it went on. I do like Brett Micheal. He is such a good singer when he wants to be.
      Did you watch the U Tube video that Angel and Patrick Hoy had on tonight? I watched most of it until Angel started to cry and then I could not watch it anymore. I understood how she felt. He brought a lot of things that made her tearful. I do not think that he meant to but it happened. They showed pictures of her mom and dad at her college graduation and a picture of her favorite aunt that died. I would be crying also.
      Well that is about all from here. Have a good night. The memes are great.
      Colleen

• Gail Norusis
      Participant

Hi sue,
      Good ideas about the coins. I doubt that we will wrap them ourselves when the bank has the counter right there. We will just wait and Greg will have to take them in in a wheel barrow. lol
      It’s good that there will be no other people at your ear appointment.
      I agree with you. I would much rather stay at home than be hospitalized or dead. The virus makes people so sick.
      I understand people wanting to get back to work though also.
      We are lucky in that we can stay home and of course we are among the vulnerable population.
      Gail

Attachments:
    • Gail Norusis
      Participant

Hi Colleen,
      Happy 50th early. It’s even on a Saturday. It’s a good thing you didn’t have a big party planned as you would have had to cancel.
      I’m sure you will think of something nice to do.
      Our anniversary will be June 23-but it will be only 47 for us. Sometimes it feels so short and other times so long. We were lucky to find the right men to spend a lifetime with-anymore that is the exception rather than the rule.
      We did see the masked singer. Ken is always wrong! lol They did a good job of guessing this time. Once Sharon Osbourne said who it was I was sure as she has seen so many singers during her life. I just kind of flicked through the afterparty as it didn’t look that interesting.
      I watched a couple minutes of angel and Patrick and that was about all so I didn’t see the pictures that made her cry. I think she does have a new cat though. They had a show on Q2 yesterday so Q2 must be starting to have some live programming again.
      Illinois is now on lockdown through May.
      Jenny was able to get another dog finally. She sent some pictures. Oh I really want to be able to meet her.
      Gail

Attachments:
    • adele shanbar
      Participant

Hey everyone
      I finally read all the posts, and I hope I capture all the info I did not know about…….
      First I will say that I am better. The journals have helped, as i can get out all my anger and sadness on the pages. Only thing is, they will think I am serial murderer in disguise, and will start to dig up the backyard…..LOL
      On the positive note, nobody else we know of has died in the last two days. On the negative side, one of Bobby’s co-workers is sick. Do not know why. We are all hoping it is a cold or allergies.

Everyone here is ok. Thank God. I am getting my sense of humor back. Did you all see the SNL skit with Brad Pitt doing Dr Fauci????

DD
      Thank you for telling the girls what was happening. Continue to love your pics and opinions on everything! Go DD! Hetaher and I started to do word searches. We both like them, and it is good to work the brain a little….LOL I got one with big words, so I can see the letters easily.
      I am glad you were able to get your laundry done. I am also glad you are safe, and continue to be. Also glad you were bale to get all you need at the grocery store.

Colleen
      I am so sorry Ron lost two members of his family. I remember one a bit ago. I imagine he was not bale to go, as we cannot go up here. Gary lost a dear old customer over the weekend.
      That is awful that you have two grands graduating. It is so mean that they cannot celebrate the way they should. I hope the schools do something unique to honor their graduations when this is all over. They deserve something
      when it is safe to have it. Maybe they can do a combo Prom and graduation thing.

Sue
      You gave me a good laugh, especially the one with the hand in the box….LOL LOL We all need a good laugh. The other day, Heather was dancing to the song “don’t touch this” and made lyrics up about Bobby becasue he is a crazy man about safety. Our mail is in quarantine for one day, and any box is in quarantine for 2 days…then he gets stuff out, and disinfects it before bringing anything up here. Don’t even ask what he does when we get a food delivery. I was afraid he scared one couple who delivered form BJ’s as they didn’t have masks on. He is so big- 6 ft 2 in, and not a small guy, and has a booming voice- it is like being approached by an angry football player…..LOL
      Oh…here is a funny for you… we sent him to collect from the bouncing check customer. He locked his door when Bobby approached. As he has been making us crazy with his bouncing checks, I have to admit I found that mildly amusing. Of course, no money. Bobby told him to stop having us come by, when he knows he has no money, as it is just not right, especially now. Funny thing is, he finally answered his phone when Heather called him.
      I am sorry your doctor died. That is awful. Did you hear about the poor doctor who committed suicide? It broke my heart. All the people on the front lines will be so damaged when this is all over. How can they sleep at night, without seeing all those faces of all those good people? I hope God gives them the strength they need to continue to help the sick, and their relatives. We all owe them our lives. The least we can do is stay inside as much as possible to stop the bleeding.
      I am so glad you were bale to get your hearing aid fixed right away. It would have been awful if you could not. That is one good piece of news for today!

Barbara
      So glad you did get to have a visit with your son and Colin. Thank God for that! Also thrilled they are safely on the other side of the US. But, still sorry they have to be there. Especially now.
      Holy crap! If you did nto get sick recently,you would have been on the front lines too. I know you would have volunteered. That is just you.
      How have you been feeling through all of this? I hope you are still on the mend.
      How has hubby been doing? His back??

Gailster
      Post of pic of Jenny’s new puppy. I bet the kids are thrilled.
      So, you got married the same year Bobby was born. Did i ever tell you Bobby was conceived the night we landed on the moon? Oh yeah…that was a source of embarrassment to him when I told him a few years ago….LOL LOL
      Yes, I love to roast root veggies. They do nto have as much water in them, so they crisp up nice… good observation by the Gregster…..LOL I put salt and pepper ( more pepper than salt) and some butter. I like the butter flavor more. Then in the middle, I get any excess moisture out with the baster, so they crisp up . I love the black edge crispness….LOL

I hope everyone is having as good a day as you can. Have you all noticed how quiet it is out there? No occasional plane, no car noise way out in the distance, no nothing. Just the occasional ambulance transporting another sad soul to the hospital. I do the sign of the cross, every time I hear a siren, for the people who take them and the person who is on the way.
      Love you guys!
      Adele

• Colleen
      Participant

Hi Everybody,
      Christine needs our prayers. Her dad passed away and she is having a hard time and really needs our prayers.
      Thanks
      Colleen

• Colleen
      Participant

Hi Gail,
      47 years is a long time. It is hard to stay together that long. Kids get married now and they think that it is going to be easy but we all know that it’s not. You have to work at a marriage to stay together. They think that the first time something that they do not like they separate. It’s sad.
      I got some dot to dot books from Barnes and Noble. It was funny the first one that i got the numbers were so small I will have to use a magnifying glass while I am working it. We had to laugh when we saw it. I think I will give it to one of the girls and see if they can see it and work the puzzle.
      Angle does have a new cat. He is really cute she has him come on with her for a couple seconds all the time. He will not stay up there any longer then that. I have watched her girls night in and they are not bad. She only shows three different items though. I guess that is hard to do that. It is just her sitting her sitting at her desk or table showing these things.
      What kind of dog did Jenny get? I bet the kids were really excited to get him. I hope that the puppy will get along with the older dog. They will gt use to each other.
      Those memes are really cute. I really like the one about the voodoo doll. I bet there has not been one person that hasn’t felt like that at one time or another.
      The masked singer is on again tonight but I think that it is a rerun. I am not watching it. It is kind of early to start reruns. I guess we will be seeing a lot of reruns since they cannot make new shows.
      Well that is all from here. Have a great day.
      Colleen

• Colleen
      Participant

Hi Adele,
      Ron comes from a big family. He has a a bunch of aunts and uncles and they all had a lot of kids like his grandma did. She had seven kids and they all had five to six kids. So Ron has a lot of cousins.
      I do not know how long it will be before they will hold the graduation ceremonies. I don’t think that they are going to worry about having a prom. It is a shame but I guess that there will not be enough time before the next school year starts. Hopefully it will start on time next year.
      I am sorry about Gary losing one of his customers. That is sad. I hope it was not from the virus. I just pray that this will be over with soon. I want to see my grand kids. My grandson called me today to see how we were doing. He is 14 and has always been close to us. Now he lives in TN and we cannot see him that often. He is the oldest grandson.
      Your son is rally tall. I can imagine that he would scare people when they first see him. I bet that he is really a nice man though. That is funny that guy locked his door when he saw Bobby. He should not be cheating you guys that is not right.
      Well that is about all from here. Have a good night.
      Colleen

• adele shanbar
      Participant

Hey Colleen
      I heard from Christine in email. I feel divas for her. It’s just like here as she is not able to bury him and had to wait. That makes it so much worst.
      She needs our prayers. I also hope nobody else has to bury anyone it is my prayer every day
      Luv u
      Adele

• adele shanbar
      Participant

Sorry for auto correct. Mean I feel awful for her
      Adele

• adele shanbar
      Participant

Hey Colleen
      I figured he licked his door because he owes a lot of people not just us and they have had enough if him. What he owes us covers the payroll for two weeks.
      Bobby wears a security badge which may have scared him too
      I hope Ron does not loose anyone else
      It is sad to not see our grands. Sonny will se us as strangers. We are missing all his life. I pray this stops every night.
      Hope your day is goid and the sun is shining
      Adele

• Colleen
      Participant

Hi Adele,
      That is terrible that he did not pay what he owed. It makes it worse when he keeps putting people off like that instead of telling them he does not have the money. He could try and work with people to get his bills paid.
      I think that is what bothers me more then anything else. I miss the grands so much and wish that they could be here with me right now. I do hear from them and that makes my day better. I have been getting pictures of the kids so that helps also.
      It did not rain today so that was good. It was cloudy all day and was cool. It is cold tonight. I hope it stays cool until they get my air put in. This is going to be an unusual summer.
      Have a good night.
      Colleen

• Gail Norusis
      Participant

trying to post this for the third time because our internet provider sucks!
      Starting new page. See you all there.

Viewing 123 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Share on Facebook
Facebook
Pin on Pinterest
Pinterest
Tweet about this on Twitter
Twitter
Email this to someone
email

Share this with a Smile
X Close
Watch QVC
top finds links QVC LIVE QVC PLUS QVC UK