Quacker Chat for October 20212021-10-02T12:22:55-04:00

Home Forums General Quacker Chatter Quacker Chat for October 2021

Viewing 53 reply threads
  • Author
      Participant

Hello All,
      Well we are at the beginning of another month after which starts the holiday months. I keep hearing we need to shop early as there will still be supply chain disruptions. I think we will see these types of things for the next few years until vaccines can be more widely distributed world wide. I hope many more states will follow California in requiring vaccines for school children. Our children had to have the MMR shots and the polio shots and the other required shots before going to school and no one blinked an eye we just complied as that is what was required for school attendance. Now every one is out for themselves and to hell with the greater good. I wish some people would have been alive during polio times and could see how happy we were to finally get the vaccine for it. We stood in line at schools and city halls and were happy to do so as it was such a devastating disease back then.
      Colleen, we all will continue to pray for your brother and hope he finds a treatment that will help him.
      DD, I think your house could use some help from HGTV. lol
      I remember driving down south back in the 60’s and 70’s and you would see houses like that and worse along the back roads. I remember feeling so awful for the people that lived in those houses.
      Adele, you are going to be jealous of me. We are going to see Sal Valentanetti from AGT live Wednesday night. I remember you wanted him to win.
      So how are Gary and Bobby feeling about Brady’s return to Boston this weekend. They sure have been playing it up big. I have to admit the commercial from NBC playing the Adele song is kind of funny. I think many who don’t care about either team will be tuning in just to see what happens.
      We went out for Chinese last night. It was the first time back inside our favorite Chinese restaurant in about two years. Poor Greg had a real taste for Chinese too and he ordered something new for him and was not that crazy about it. I felt bad for him.
      I hope everyone will have a nice weekend. It’s going to be rainy here and go down from the mid 80’s to 70 degrees.
      Tomorrow I’m cooking a pot roast. Probably the first one since last winter as it is usually something I make more in the colder months.
      Adele, how is your stomach feeling? Better I hope.
      Gail

Attachments:
    • Colleen
      Participant

Hi everyone,
      Thank you for the prayers. I may not be on here for awhile I am just really depressed about this. I just cannot believe that he is going thru this. He is such a good man.
      Have a great night and stay safe
      Colleen

• adele shanbar
      Participant

Dearest Colleen
      I totally understand. Prayers sent your way
      Please don’t forget the support of your friends can be so important when you hurt
      Love you
      Adele

• adele shanbar
      Participant

Hi Gailster…..
      Ditto. Ditto. Ditto!!
      Gary hates Brady and calls him a traitor
      My friend Nancy hates Belluchivk cause she feels he pushed Brady out! Lol
      So it’s half like him, half doesn’t. Bobby hasn’t made a comment yet, which is funny
      Everyone up here will be glued to the game
      It will start raining some time during the game
      It’s cool snd cloudy up here.
      I’ve been working on Santino’s Christmas stocking. Very detailed. I hope it will be done in a month. Pic attached
      I must have missed DD’s comment on a house???
      I am jealous!!! You guys go to such great places!! Have fun!
      Hope everyone has a good da
      Adele

• adele shanbar
      Participant

Trying again to load pic

• Gail Norusis
      Participant

Colleen,
      I do understand but remember we are always here if you need us. Sometimes it’s nice to just chat to relieve some of the stress and sadness. We will continue saying prayers.
      Gail

• Gail Norusis
      Participant

Hi Adele,
      That was a close game last night. From what I heard a lot of NE people still like Brady. Really on any sports team you can be traded away at any time so I don’t see how someone could be a traitor. The Cubs traded away my three favorite players this year and I don’t consider them traitors-it comes with the territory.
      I just found out today that QVC is closing down their forums Nov. 2. As you can imagine a lot of us are very upset. And it’s different over there because we are all anonymous and you aren’t allowed to trade emails like you can here so when they shut down everyone will lose track of each other. I don’t post much, I usually just read so I don’t have many close contacts but i will miss the people from the soap forum and the reading forum. One lady there posts pictures of her beautiful gardens each year. And I look forward to seeing those.
      I guess they want all the people to go over to their new Facebook place but many of us are not on Facebook and don’t want to be on it.
      It’s funny because Facebook is down today for some reason.
      It’s cooled down some and it’s rainy but it’s still in the 70s so we continue to have pretty nice weather.
      I wonder if they will ever shut this forum down especially since we are the only ones that use it. At least we can all still keep in touch.
      How are you feeling? How is your stomach? Better I hope.
      Gail

Attachments:
    • Colleen
      Participant

Hi Ladies,
      Did anyone watch DWTS tonight? I could not believe the outfit that Tara wore. She looked so weird. I am not sure what look she was going for but she looked like a hooker. You expected her to get a whip out and start snapping it.
      I am wondering if QVC is having money problems. They made a mistake having all these channels. Did they buy out HSN ? They let all their good hosts go and they are missed.
      It will be interesting to see what happens.
      Have a great night and stay safe.
      Colleen

• adele shanbar
      Participant

One Gailster!
      Why would they do that? People love the forums and socializing! I hate Facebook. Closed down my page years ago when they were spewing all the hate snd lies snd people were believing it!
      People feel Brady left because of the money. That’s why they are mad at him. Others feel Bellichick pushed him out
      The game was awful to watch. It was real close…. A nail biter!
      Did you see DWtS? I’m glad Cheryl us still in the running
      It’s been pouring fir two days snd I feel every rain drop! My stomach went nuts last night. I was in the bathroom all night and very sick. My belly took 10 steps back
      I think it was the diner Bobby jade Sunday. He did braised ribs with carrots celery snd onion, and rice. I had a tiny piece. It was barely two inches. But I had a second helping of carrots. By that I mean I probably ate 1 1/2 carrots. I ate less than Santino would eat But it was first time any beef was in my mouth. Won’t happen again. He cooks with a lot of butter. That’s not good for me either
      It tasted so good, but it was not worth it
      I am a little disgusted this am. I’ll get over it
      Hope your day is good!
      Adele

• Gail Norusis
      Participant

Hi Colleen,
      I did watch DWTS-the first outfit was kind of a copy of one that Britney wore for a music video-dressing like a school girl. I’m guessing that the second one was also from a Britney video but I am not familiar with that one-it kind of looked like something Katniss Everdeen from The Hunger Games would wear or something. That dance with Cheryl and Cody from two different places was bizarre but it was nice of the show to accommodate them as best they could to allow them to keep on competing. We are living in unprecedented times so they are making the best of the situation.
      Well, I think QVC is always struggling as I don’t think television shopping is as popular as it once was now that everyone can just go to a website and order things. QVC did not buy HSN QVC and HSN and Zulily and a few other retailers are all owned by Quarate-I believe Quarate now has a new CEO so whenever that happens you know changes will occur. it is just not profitable for them to keep the forums open and they want to push that traffic over to Facebook which has a completely different set up. It’s just short posts and comments not whole discussions like we could have on the forums-similar to what we can do here. I know I got a lot of info from the Q forums-I would learn about stuff that happened in the world practically before it was on the news. Someone would post about it. I’m at a stage in my life where it seems all my friends have moved away so the Q forums and here are the places where I go to talk to other women. I will miss them.
      It’s getting close to baby time. Have you bought any cute things yet?
      Gail

Attachments:
    • Dianne Danielson
      Participant

Hi Ladies,
      I’m glad I was able to get on here. My computer wasn’t cooperating when I first got on here. I’m thinking the shutdown had something to do with it.
      Adele, I was referring to the pic of the run down shack as my dream retirement home. LOL It needs some work, ya might say. lol.
      It’s been raining out here. Tues. was soggy & this afternoon. We got a good soaking over the weekend. We have a loooooong way to go to catch up with the rain bucket. It’s the wettest it’s been in months!
      NOT complaining tho!!
      I just found out today we have 3 people in the bldg that have Covid. I don’t know who it is, tho.
      I’m sorry about your brother, Colleen. I remember how it hit me when I found out my mom had cancer.
      I’ll keep him in my prayers.
      Snowball’s been a pill lately. I heard something fall when I was in my bedroom this morning. I came out & found one of my bouquets, knocked off the shelf. The thing that saved it was it fell off upside down! The glass vase didn’t hit the floor because the flowers hit the floor first cushioning the vase.
      She’s been a pain in the butt, especially in the early AM. She’ll come running in & jump up on the bed & use me as a springboard to jump over to the tubs or wherever she wants to get to. She jumped up on the shelves where I have my kitty knick knacks & broke something on the shelf. She avoided me when I got after her for being naughty.
      Well, I guess that’s about all for now.
      Take care, stay safe.
      dd

Attachments:
    • adele shanbar
      Participant

HeyDD
      That was funny about the retirement house. Somehow I missed that one!!
      That is awful that two people have covid. I sincerely hope they adhere to the wanting rules!! You just never know who has it. Plus, they could be silent carriers
      It is warm here today. In the 70’s. But it will change again tonight. Supposed to be rain showers Sat and rain from Sunday night to Monday. I swear lol e have never had so much rain.
      Did you watch the Red Sox/ Yankee game? So glad our team won!!! Tonight is another playoff game.
      Your kitty is very active in the morning. I’d be crying if she woke me up too early. Lol
      Hope you have a good night! So good to hear from you!!
      Adele

• Gail Norusis
      Participant

Hi DD,
      Snowball is a real character. She sure keeps you busy.
      I hope the people in your building with covid will be okay.
      Hopefully they were vaccinated and just had mild cases.
      How is your weather. We are still in the 70s here-I’m quite surprised. It’s been a very warm fall.
      Global warming is real-that’s for sure.
      Gail

• Gail Norusis
      Participant

Hi Adele,
      How are you feeling? Your poor tummy.
      Have you lost a lot of weight from not eating?
      Do you eat a lot of potatoes and rice now-those things seem to be easy on the stomach.
      I wish I could have brought you with me to see Sal Valentinetti. It’s a small theater so we were in the third row.
      It was a great show and he is so young but yet loves the old Sinatra type music. He must be an old soul.
      You would have loved it as he talked about a lot of the Italian family stuff.
      His Dad was there with him and he talked about how lucky he was to travel all over entertaining with his Dad.
      We dog sat this weekend while Jenny went to a wedding which was 2 and 1/2 hours away so they spent the night.
      The kids were with their dad so just the dogs needed watching.
      When we were over there on Friday Piper gave me her Christmas list and then she texted me the links on Amazon.
      She sure makes my shopping easy! lol Isn’t it incredible that 8 year olds know how to do all this stuff. lol
      So QVC decided to keep the boards open after all the emails they received-but the promise was just keeping them open into the new year so I still think they plan on closing them eventually.
      Gail

Attachments:
    • Dianne Danielson
      Participant

Hi Ladies,
      Just a quick note. Not a whole lot going on around here, which is good, I guess. Diane & I got together on Sat. & made the rounds to our fave haunts. I think I over did it, cause I later on walked over to the store before the rain came. It was a bit much cause I wasn’t feeling well on Sunday.
      We had some rain but not a whole lot. Now we’re having frost warnings at night. Frost on the pumpkins. I read where we could be in for a wet winter. La Nina could be at play here. We need the rain & the snow in the mts. Those hot hot days of summer are a distant memory now that the temps have dropped drastically.
      I hope everyone is doing fine. Take care & stay safe.
      dd

Attachments:
    • adele shanbar
      Participant

Hey Gailster
      That’s a shame about the boards. I hope thy keep this one!
      I would have loved to we Sal! What an experience! Glad you had a good time
      Piper is hysterical!!! Aizen knows his way around electronics and Gary is always amazed by it
      I was taken to ER again yesterday because the pain was out of control and my belly dr was admitting me. They found out everything was improving liver and spleen not as swollen. Liver numbers were down as well as white blood count…. Had another uti and on antibiotics gain
      They gave me pin meds and I was quite drunk from them and had no pain. But pain is back this am with a vengeance. So must be orthopedic. So tired of all the pain. It’s exhausting
      Lost 25 lbs
      Hope your day is good!!
      Pryes needed please!adele.

• adele shanbar
      Participant

Hi DD!!!
      Please reals post to Gail for all info😩
      Love your Fall pics. They are always so cheery!! We need cheery
      That was great to get out with your friend for a nice Fall outing. Sorry you felt bad the next day. I know how that feels. You have some fun, and then you pay for it with bone pains
      Our weather is weird. Kind of humid in day and chilly at night. We had to put the heat on a couple of mornings just to take the chill out of the house. Glad it’s not too cold yet cause we can have some windows open
      Hope your day is going well!
      Take care of yourself!
      Adele

• Gail Norusis
      Participant

Hi DD,
      I hope you are feeling better today. I know anymore doing what I used to do in a day would wear me out in no time now. I hope that you and Diane had a good day together though.
      We are finally getting more chilly here. It was still like summer up until this week.
      I wonder how that affects the trees changing colors. I see a little so far but not much. Years ago October was a prime month for color change on the trees.
      Gail

Attachments:
    • Gail Norusis
      Participant

Hi Adele,
      Wow-25 pounds is a lot. My doctors would love me if I could lose that.
      I’m sorry you had to go back to ER. I will pray for you. I always do.
      Are you able to do anything?
      It really is complicated when they have to take away your arthritis meds because of the stomach issues but you now hurt without the meds. It’s a vicious circle. Have you looked into finding a doctor who practices holistic medicine alongside traditional medicine. Your problems are complex and have many levels so you need someone to look at you as a whole person and not just a series of parts with problems. You may need some non traditional medicine at this point. I know it seems exhausting to pursue other medical paths on top of your pain and suffering but sometimes doctors want to fix the problem and forget about fixing the person-if that makes sense.
      I miss my old feisty-I can do anything friend, Adele-but I know pain is exhausting.
      I wish I could do something. If I lived close I would stop by and try to ease your pain and make you laugh. Laughter helps if only for a minute.
      Hugs to you my friend.
      Gail

Attachments:
    • adele shanbar
      Participant

Hey Gailster
      Feisty Adele is back. I issued some limits on my testing/ care yesterday. It was well received. Lol
      Said no to going into Boston for a fibrous an. Told them cold day in hell before I entered a hospital that killed my father. Found out the hospital in Peabody ( not far from us)! does them. All dr has to do is fax them an order.
      Then I said no to a colonoscopy. The prep makes me deathly sick. I did agree to a Cologuard test. They will be sending me that. Lol
      Just dealing with back pain today, so that’s not bad. PT came and we did the exercises. She always helps me to feel better.
      It’s humid up here and that doesn’t help. Supposed to rain over weekend and get chilly
      This is the weirdest Fall ever!
      Hope you are all ok!!!… Colleen and DD too!!!!
      Adele

• Colleen
      Participant

Hi Everybody,
      Well not much going on here. Adele I am sorry that you are not feeling well yet. It is nice that you lost 5 pounds. Maybe you will keep it off. That is how I lost my weight and have not gained it back yet. It is a hard way to lose but that is how I did it. I hope you feel better soon. Sometimes you have to let the doctors know what you think about things. I am going to have to argue with my doctor when I see her.
      Have you been watching DWTS and Masked Singer. It has been a long time since I have seen the Pointer sisters. I hope that the sister that is sick will be okay. They use to be so good. I do not know who I want to win on DWTS. They are all pretty good. I don’t know if it was just me or if they did not treat Sharna and Brian the same as the other dancers. Len kept going on about they were to lovey and I do not think should have any thing to do with it. They should have not pared them together.
      Gail it is nice that you are getting to see your grands again. It is always a blessing to see them and and enjoy being around them. I love seeing mine. Aliza was having a fund raiser at her school and she called me but did not know how to ask me to buy anything. So I had to come out and ask her if she was selling something. Then she started asking. It was funny. Danyielle called me earlier and told me about it so I figured out what I wanted when she called. It is funny when they are little.
      Well that is about all from here. My brother has been on two different treatments and neither one worked. they are testing him to see if he is suited for a new study they are doing. We are just praying that he does.
      I have all of you in my prayers. Have a good night and stay safe,
      Colleen

• adele shanbar
      Participant

Hey Colleen
      I wrote a lot and I got knocked out of the site!!
      Here it is in an abbreviated form:
      Still praying for you and your brother. Hoping he gets in the trial
      I also don’t know the dancers this year!!
      Love when the kids have fundraisers too!
      I lost 27 lbs so far!
      Great to hear from you so we know you’re ok
      I’m having more dr apts, but most are virtual.
      Looking forward to Halloween and the Red Sox tonight!!
      How is Brooke doing? Is baby coming soon???
      Please stay safe!
      Adele👍🙏🏻🙏🏻🙏🏻♥️♥️♥️🎃👻

• Gail Norusis
      Participant

Hi Adele,
      My sister gets sick from the colonoscopy prep too so the last time they told her she needn’t do them any more. She is allergic to something in the prep.
      What’s a fibrous an test?
      Yes, we have to advocate for ourselves or have someone we can trust to advocate for us with the medical professionals.
      27 pounds is a lot of weight. Hopefully that might make some of your joints feel better.
      I will see my rheumatologist in November and he will tell me to lose weight as he always does. if only it were so easy. I don’t know how I ended up getting so fat as I was never a chubby kid. But as an adult I do like my sweets and also I was never a big exerciser and now most of the things I like to do involve sitting. Of course now they say sitting is the new smoking. You just can’t win.
      It has been a strange fall-although it seems we are getting fall temperatures now. It seems like two years ago we had snow on Halloween. You never know what you will get.
      Gail

Attachments:
    • Gail Norusis
      Participant

Hi Colleen,
      I am praying that your brother qualifies for the new treatment.
      That little baby must be coming soon as her due date is my birthday.
      They have been getting some really good singers on The Masked Singer. Nicole guessed it was Ruth Pointer so now she has a point toward the golden ear trophy.
      This year I am only watching the dancers and the scores on DWTS and skipping the rehearsals and judges commentary. The reason being on Monday The Voice is on for two hours followed by DWTS so after watching The Voice I would have to stay up too long to watch all of DWTS so I am skipping through and watching just the dancing. On the Voice once they get through choosing the people I skip the rehearsals and just watch the battles-you can get through both programs in half the time by doing that-all that other stuff is just filler.
      The young kids are cute. As if the kids even have to ask grandma to buy what their selling-it’s our job to buy the stuff! lol
      Hang in there-sending love and prayers your way.
      Gail

Attachments:
    • adele shanbar
      Participant

Hey Gailster
      It’s a fibroscan. It’s a deep tissue ultrasound of the liver to view scarring, etc
      I hate the auto correct. Sometimes it adds words I did not put in the sentence! I try to proof read, but a lot of times I don’t. Lol
      Losing weight like this is bad, all around. They are glad it slowed down. I’m not. I was thrilled some finally happened!!! For me to lose weight I have to be at deaths door!! Lol
      It is so gross up here we put the air back in last night. Humidity is 85%. How gross is that???
      We’re supposed to get bad storms today with high winds that can blow trees over. Then it will finally cool off by tomorrow am
      How’d you like the game?? The Sox better win tonight!!! Who are you rooting for??
      I hope all is good with you guys. Do you get to see the kids this weekend??
      Luv u all!
      Adele

• Colleen
      Participant

Hi Adele,
      27 pounds is a lot to lose. My doctor told me to make sure that I was drinking enough water and eating the right foods. So that is what I did and still am losing weight. I try to make sure that I eat fruit and veggies do not worry about meat as much. It just depends on what tastes good to you. I ate oat meal and cream of wheat. I guess that I eat a lot of things that they feed babies lol
      You are lucky that you can have virtual visits with your doctor. I have to go in all the time no matter what. My primary doctor always has to do blood tests when I g there. I do not know how they can get that much blood out of a person without giving you something to help to replace it.
      We are finally getting caught up on the rain fall here. Ron picked some more tomatoes out of the garden the other day. They weren’t very big but they taste good.
      The baby is not here yet but we are waiting for the little one to make her appearance. Her due date is Monday on Gail’s birthday and my brothers. Thank you so much for the prayers for my brother he really needs them.
      Well that is all from here. Have a great night and stay safe.
      Coleen

• adele shanbar
      Participant

Hi Colleen
      I hope baby comes today!!!
      Happy Birthday to your brother and our Gailster!!!!!
      That’s funny cause I eat oatmeal when the belly hurts. Plus I just put cream of wheat in my list! Lol
      We have finally had nice Fall weather for the past few days. Thank God. I hate humidity
      We’ll be watching the Red Sox again tonight. Hope they win. Do you and Ron watch the play offs?
      I made a boneless Turkey breast yesterday and did a rub for it. I roasted it in convection roast with a couple of pats of butter on it. It came out fabulous. The turkey was so full of flavor and juicy. I will definitely get that again
      Hope your day is good and you have new Itty Bitty news for us soon!
      Adele

• Dianne Danielson
      Participant

HI Ladies,
      This won’t be long, I just wanted to let ya know I”m still alive. The trees are sure in full fall colors right now. They won’t be for long tho. There’s a pretty juicy storm off shore that’ll be here Wed. & we’ll have rain for several days of rain from what they’re saying. Guess I’ll have to stock up on a few things before it comes in.
      Sad about Colin Powell. I always liked him. I see where the actress who played Thelma Lou on the Andy Griffith show yrs ago also passed away. I believe there’s only 2 actors still alive. Ron Howard, & his brother.
      Adele, did you know Temptations has a Boofetti wall clock? They had a 3 hr show last night but I found the clocks on the website later on. I didn’t think to write down the item #. Sorry.
      Well, that’s all for tonight.
      take care, stay well
      dd

Attachments:
    • adele shanbar
      Participant

Hi DD
      How is your grind Diane? How about Critt?
      I’m glad to know you are ok!
      This weather is much better than the humidity. It’s nice up here. We will get your rain storm a few days after you I hope you get your supplies before it starts
      I feel real bad about Colin Powell. What a shame for him to die like that. Did you hear his 13 points to live by? Very touching
      I am getting ready for the cold weather. Changed my tops around. Put away the summer tanks and organized my sleeveless turtlenecks for under my jackets. Lol
      Did you watch the Red Sox last night? Wow! I’m hoping they win tonight too!!
      Hope your day goes well
      Adele

• Colleen
      Participant

Hi Everybody,
      The baby is here. She weighed 7 lbs. They named her Nova Elaine. I thought that was really cute it was better then Harley. That sounds like a boys name to me. I am glad that she changed her mind. I have not seen her yet. I have received a picture of her though. I cannot wait to hold her and cuddle she is so cute.
      DD I hope that the rain did not flood everybody out. We finally got some rain here but we really needed it though. I still have not caught a show where they have Boofetti. I must just miss out on it all the time. It is always sold out.
      It is funny that we both eat oatmeal and cream of wheat when we have stomach trouble. You will find that you just have to figure out what you can eat that will not make you sick. It takes me awhile. The one thing that really surprised me was that I cannot eat salad anymore. If I do eat some I have to stay home because I am never sure what it will cause my stomach to do. That is what I have to do with a lot of different foods. I use to love chili but that is one thing I cannot eat anytime. You will figure it all out. Are you feeling better? I hope so.
      My brother is not getting any better. They had him in the hospital and taught him pain management. That really worries me it seems like it is the last thing they do when you have cancer.
      Have a good night and stay safe.
      Colleen

• adele shanbar
      Participant

Congrats. Congrats. Congrats!!!
      Fabulous news!! So happy baby is here and Mom is fine too. Thank God!! God bless all of you. A new bundle of joy for a first Halloween outfit. Lol
      Dying to see a pic!!!
      Hope you get to hold the baby over the weekend
      You are right. It takes time to figure out what you can and cannot tolerate. It’s a crap shoot!!
      I’m doing a little better each day. Slow progress cause sometimes you go backwards
      Hope you all have a good weekend
      Hope DD is not drenched!!
      Adele

• Colleen
      Participant

Hi Adele,
      Brook went back in the hospital the day after she came home. She had an infection. They did the same thing that they did when Grayson was born. They did not clean her out like they should and did not get all the after birth out. So she had to stay in the hospital and they put an antibiotic drip in. She had to stay over night and they left the IV in.
      I know what you mean about the food. You never can be sure what will make you sick and won’t. Then something that you ate before with no trouble makes you sick the next time. So you just keep going. I have gone from wearing a xl or 1x to wearing a medium to a small. I think I lost over 60 lbs. before it stopped. I still lose off and on. So you could keep losing just be careful and watch how much you lose. I take vitamins to make sure that I am getting what I need.
      Well that is all from here. Have a great night and stay safe.
      Colleen

• adele shanbar
      Participant

Omg Colleen!
      That is awful. I feel so bad for Brooke. It must have been hard to be away from the baby too.
      I will say a prayer this is the last time she has to go back in. Infections are awful. She needs her strength as a new Mom. That poor sweet child!!
      So far this week the belly has been ok. Not too bad. I keep eating two peanut butter crackers when it bothers me and that seems to work for now
      I made a boiled dinner. I hope I do not live to regret it! I had a tiny piece of the meat, a sweet potato, some carrots and some cabbage. I read that cabbage is good for ulcers, and has some properties that help he’s them. I will know by tomorrow!!!
      I made all my Halloween baggies for friends, neighbors, grands, and trick or treaters. I’ll try to attach a pic. I have been having trouble loading pics lately
      I would be ok with losing another 20 lbs. lol. Lol. But I bet that won’t happen! The weight loss slowed down with the pain.
      Please take care of yourself and Brooke!!
      Praying for all of you
      Adele

Attachments:
    • Colleen
      Participant

Hi Adele,
      Brook is doin well now. They gave her the antibiotics and that took care of the infection. She is home now and glad to be there. Grayson wants the baby to play with him and he doesn’t understand. So they have to keep telling him to be careful.
      That is good that peanut butter crackers help your stomach. At least you have found something that helps. It is hard to find that one thing that will help. I am glad that your stomach is doing well right now.
      I like that bags that you fixed the trick or treaters. I wish we would get some around here but we never do. I think that I am going to take Grayson on Halloween to trunk or treat. I know that he will have fun. I may have to get him a costume but that is okay.
      We had storms and tornados all around us here last night. It was scary. The house my sister-in-law use to live in was destroyed. There is nothing left of it. We saw it on the news. She use to live in Fredrick town. We are so glad that she got it sold and had moved to Greenville. She drove up to see the damage this morning. They also had damage in Farmington and St Mary’s and then it went into Illinois. It is a mess and so sad to see all those homes destroyed. It was nice that no one was seriously injured and there were not deaths.
      Well that is about all from here. Have a great night and stay safe.
      Colleen

• adele shanbar
      Participant

Omg Colleen
      That is awful. I’m so glad your house is ok snd your SIL is ok! She must have felt sad looking at her old house destroyed by the tornados. I’m so sorry
      I’m so glad Brooke is feeling better. Have you seen the baby yet? It took almost a week for me to see Santino when he was born. I hit pics and videos before they could bring him over. Lol
      We are having a Nor’easter. It’s been pouring since last night. The winds will pick up later and go to 70mph. Nit good. It will just through tomorrow
      Hope your weather is better!!
      Adele

• Dianne Danielson
      Participant

Hi Ladies,
      I started a post last night & poof it disappeared. Colleen, I sent you an email after the post disappeared on me. I hope it went through. I’m sorry about your sil’s former home being destroyed. At least she wasn’t living there!! Hopefully she was out of harms way. I’m glad the storms spared you guys. Those tornadoes scare me. I remember yrs ago when a tornado blew through Joplin destroying everything in its path. Homes were toothpicks, flattened everything!! There wasn’t anything left standing as I remember. It must’ve scared her to see her former home destroyed.
      I hope Brook is feeling better now. I can’t believe they didn;t finish her up after the baby was born!! I would think it’d be second nature to the nurses to finish the job!! That’s dangerous! I think the medical authorities should be made aware of the negligence!! THat was totally negligence.
      We just had the stormiest weekend we’ve had in a looooong time! We were under high wind warnings, esp. the coast. It got hammered! They had waves 3 or 4 stories high!! We’ve had high winds thru today. And heavy downpours throughout the day. It’s gonna be that way through the rest of the week. It’s supposed to clear out for the weekend & Halloween.
      The rain has put a little dent in the drought, but we have a long way to go. I haven’t heard, but I imagine the fires are out

• Colleen
      Participant

Hi Adele,
      We got to see our new grand baby today. She is so pretty. I got to hold her and she looks so tiny. She looks a lot like Grayson when he was a baby. She is still sleeping all the time.
      We kept Grayson for awhile tonight. He was such a good boy this evening. He ate dinner with us and ate really good. He ate three helpings of mac and cheese and then ate a cinnamon roll. That was a lot for a little guy. When it was time for him to go home he started picking up his toys. We did not have to tell him to do it either. We were both surprised.
      I wish that all these storms and strong winds would go away. We really do not need all this. We had a beautiful day today but more storms tomorrow thru Saturday.
      Have a good night and stay safe.
      Colleen

• Dianne Danielson
      Participant

Hi again,
      Somehow my post got sent before I was ready to send it. Anyway, has anyone heard from Gail? The last post I saw was on the 16th. I hope she’s okay.
      Well, I better send this off before it does itself.
      Take care, stay safe.
      dd

Attachments:
    • Gail Norusis
      Participant

Hi Everyone,
      I’m back!
      DD are those your fuzzy slippers? They look comfy.
      It seems like everyone has been having stormy weather this week.
      We are clear now with more to come tomorrow and Friday.
      I hope it will be clear for the kids on Halloween.
      Colleen, I didn’t realize that you still have stomach issues. You lost a lot of weight over time. I am lucky that I can eat anything-but not lucky because it keeps me fat. lol
      Little Nova sounds cute. Did the name Elaine come from someone in the family. Congrats to Brook. She will surely have her hands full. Grayson will be a good big brother once he learns to be gentle.
      How is Kylie doing?
      How is your brother?
      Adele, your treat bags and boxes are so cute. You make everything fun!
      I hope your storms are over.
      I think we all got rain and storms at some point during the week. I think it just swept across the country.
      We had a great visit with Brent. It’s a much easier drive to his place in Colorado than it was to his place in New Mexico. There still isn’t a lot to do around where he lives so we all went and spent a couple of days in Denver to have more to do. You can see the Rockies from Denver but you don’t have to go in them. Not like when we were in Ruidoso NM and they drove me up the mountain and I nearly had a nervous breakdown. lol
      It’s very pretty when seen from a distance and that’s how I like my mountains-in the distance. lol
      Anyway, we had a lot of fun and ate in some great restaurants. It was a good birthday present being able to see Brent again. We met his girlfriend and her son-he’s the same age and grade as Kendall.
      They are going to come out here in the early summer/ late spring for a visit.
      It was a great trip and the weather was good until the second day of our drive home. It rained hard all the way from DesMoines to home. Then that night it got windy and the power went out at eleven. Greg said if it wasn’t on in the morning he would hook up the generator. However, very early in the morning I heard it was raining really hard again so I woke him up to check on the back up sump pump since we had no electric. So he checked and said the battery on the back up was down so he had to go out to the barn and get the generator and hook that up to all the freezers and fridges and the pump. I felt so bad for him as I know he was tired after all the driving. I think we are going to look into a whole house generator as this has happened a lot lately.
      I love to travel but it’s good to be back.
      Gail
      Kendall has to stay out of school until Nov. 4th because she was within six feet of someone on the bus who came down with covid. So we won’t be able to see the kids this week. Jenny said she had her tested the other day and she is negative so-so far so good. I wish she would get her vaccinated.
      Piper called me yesterday because she is selling candy bars for school so we need to get grandma to buy because she always will. lol

• Gail Norusis
      Participant

A few memes.

Attachments:
    • adele shanbar
      Participant

Hello everyone
      We had a bomb genesis storm the last to days. A Nor’easter with hurricane force winds. It took the cover off the pool. We were lucky that was all that got damaged
      Glad Gail is safely back home, and had a great time!
      Thrilled Colleen got to hold the new baby!!
      More than thrilled to know DD escaped all the bad storms!!
      Well, I hate to say this, but we have more bad news
      Enzo got hit in the back of the head with a garage door they were repairing at work and was knocked unconscious. He had a bad concussion, but no broken neck bones or brain bleed. He was very lucky.
      Gary is in the hospital He went in this morning and Enzo was there last night! It’s his kidneys again. They are keeping him Please say all prayer
      Kind of took the fun out of Halloween. As of now, I just want him back home. It’s very quiet with Gary gone. I hate this
      I’m hoping all of you continue to have good news. I love good news. It feels like I don’t get much good news anymore. But, I am greatful we are all still above ground. 😩🙏🏻👻🎃
      Adele

• adele shanbar
      Participant

Hello everyone
      We had a bomb genesis storm the last to days. A Nor’easter with hurricane force winds. It took the cover off the pool. We were lucky that was all that got damaged
      Glad Gail is safely back home, and had a great time!
      Thrilled Colleen got to hold the new baby!!
      More than thrilled to know DD escaped all the bad storms!!
      Well, I hate to say this, but we have more bad news
      Enzo got hit in the back of the head with a garage door they were repairing at work and was knocked unconscious. He had a bad concussion, but no broken neck bones or brain bleed. He was very lucky.
      Gary is in the hospital He went in this morning and Enzo was there last night! It’s his kidneys again. They are keeping him Please say all prayer
      Kind of took the fun out of Halloween. As of now, I just want him back home. It’s very quiet with Gary gone. I hate this
      I’m hoping all of you continue to have good news. I love good news. It feels like I don’t get much good news anymore. But, I am greatful we are all still above ground. 😩🙏🏻👻🎃
      Adele

• Colleen
      Participant

Hi Gail,
      My stomach will be like that for the rest of my life. I have gastro problems. Cannot remember what they call the last part of it. Well actually I cannot spell it right. I will try again paryssis. It is caused by the diabetes and having it for so long.
      I am not sure where the name Elaine came from. She heard the name Nova off a tv show so maybe that was the characters full name. She is just so pretty just like her brother. I have not heard from my brother. They put him in rehab and he cannot have a phone on there. We cannot see him since all this covid stuff. I really wish they would let us see him since he has cancer and that is just taking away from us. I do not hear from Kylie that much anymore. She is working a lot of hours and she never can come over. I will see all of them for Thanksgiving so that will be nice.
      I am glad that you had a good time with Brent and his girlfriend. I am like you I would rather see the mountains from a distance then drive up in them. They look just as pretty from the ground as they do from up on top.
      I am glad that the storms we had here and in parts of Illinois did not reach as far as where you live. Sounds like you had enough rain and hard winds without having tornados along with that. It would be nice to have those generators that work for the house. They come on as soon as the electric goes out. Then you do not have to worry about anything.
      That is all from here. Have a great night and stay sfe.
      Colleen

• Colleen
      Participant

Hi DD,
      I agree the hospital should have been held accountable for what happened to her. She will not sign a complaint and she will not go to another doctor to be checked out. I want her to see another doctor and be sure that she is okay. She will not do that either. She is young and does not want to cause trouble.
      Sounds like your weather has been bad also. I am glad that you did not have any damage to your apartment. I do not like strong winds they can do a lot of damage. It is going to rain here until Saturday morning and then it is supposed to clear out.
      I hope that you do get enough rain to end the drought. It is not good for the drought to last very long. I like your fuzzy slippers also. They are really cute .They look very comfortable.
      Have a great night and stay safe.
      Colleen

• Dianne Danielson
      Participant

Hi Ladies,
      Gail, I’m glad to hear you’re back safe & sound, well, almost. Sorry to hear about the power being out & your hubby had to go out & get the generator. I hope you’re able to get a whole house generator.
      Sounds like you had a great time in Colorado.
      We didn’t avoid the storms completely. We got lots of rain & wind, but no flooding in my area. There were a few trees down, mostly branches I believe. It’s still raining, with showers. It’s supposed to clear out for the weekend.
      I saw on the news the horrific storms battering the East coast. Wow!!! the storms we just had will be headed East.
      there’s a story about the slippers. A while back Snowball was naughty. The slippers are the end results of her escapades. I wore them over to Critts & told him the story & he laughed. He thought it was hilarious. ( Just so you know, she’s asleep on the rocking chair).
      Adele, I;m sorry your baby was hurt. I hope he’s better real soon. The same goes for Gary. I hope he comes home real soon! Sending prayers your way.
      We have 5 residents with Covid. It started out 3 the beginning of the month, then a uefew days ago we got a letter saying we have 5 now. they can’t tell us who they are due to privacy. I got the 2 shots, but not the booster yet. I have an appt to get the regular flu shot & pneumonia shot next week.
      Well, I guess that’s all for now, I better get off here before this disappears.
      dd

Attachments:
    • Dianne Danielson
      Participant

PS: that big storm system was the one that hit us over the weekend. It was pretty soggy Sat. & Sun!!

• Colleen
      Participant

Hi Adele,
      I will be praying for Gary and Enzo. It is sad that happened to Enzo. Is he at home or is he in the hospital? I hope that he got to come home and is doing better. I hope Gary gets to come home again soon. He has really been having a lot of trouble with his kidneys lately. I hope they find a way to stop it.
      Try to enjoy Halloween as much as you can. You have all those bags made up and I am sure the kids all like coming to your house.
      That is all from here. Have a good night and stay safe.
      Colleen

• adele shanbar
      Participant

Hi DD Colleen snd the Gailster!
      Enzo was discharged late that night. He went back to work today. I wish he would stay out a few more days. But he feels fine, so back he went
      Gary will be there at least until tomorrow, and maybe Saturday. They need to get hold of the infection, and get the kidneys back to where they were prior Tgat means a lot of water drinking on his part, and we know how much he likes to drink water. He was told again n if the importance of staying hydrated.
      That is awful about the residents with vivid. I hope you are able to stay healthy DD!! I hope you can get the booster shot as fast as possible
      Your kitty is very funny. I love her antics!
      That was awful about losing electricity again Gailster. I think you are right. You need a full house generator. We’re all getting too old for these storm emergencies! We have to make things simple for ourselves
      I bet you are counting the months until Brent comes to visit! That will be such a nice visit, and Jenny and the kids will be thrilled to see them
      I agree with all of you Colleen’s granddaughter does not seem to be getting the best care from her doctors. That is just not right
      I hope everyone is good and nobody gets anything more storms
      Adele

• Dianne Danielson
      Participant

Hi Ladies,
      Happy Halloween!! Two days early. It looks like we’re getting that reprieve from the rain today. The clouds are breaking up & the sun is out!!! But the rain returns next week. It’s Nov. well almost anyway.
      Speaking of Nov. you’re gonna think I’m nuts, but I’m getting the “itch” to start decorating for Christmas. At least start going thru my boxes of decorations, cards, & start planning where I’m gonna put things. Am I pushing it too soon? I’m not trying to push turkey day out. I don’t have any plans for it anyway. I don’t want to go out among people just yet. I don’t know if the churches are going to have holiday dinners this yr or not. They used to have thanksgiving dinners across the street for everyone around here, & took in homeless as well.
      Anyway, with all the shows on the Q for Christmas decor I’m really getting excited to start in. I took pics of my fall decor before I take it down. It’s gonna take me awhile to take it down. I’m not as fast as I used to be. Where did Sept. & Oct go? It’s gonna take me till Christmas to get it taken down!! LOL
      I agree Colleen’s granddaughter should look for different medical care!! I can’t believe what happened to her. Negligence.
      Oh I have another story about Miss Snowball. Last Sunday Critt came to the door & she made her way out to the hallway. she was running up & down the hallway cause there were others out in the hallway. And she loves to get pets from anyone. Well, she was running towards the elevators so I took off after her. She turned around & went back the other way at full tilt. My neighbor on the other side of me has a dog, who was sitting in front of his door. She was headed directly for them when she realized it was a dog, she stopped dead in her tracks. Her back went up but I didn’t see if she hissed or not. she then turned & came back into the apt. But it was hilarious when she stopped dead in her tracks while on a full tilt run!
      I hope everyone has a great weekend & a happy Halloween.
      dd & Snowball
      PS: She wanted out this morning, so I opened the door & she ran down to Critt’s door. I knocked on the door, he opened the door & she ran in as if she was home. She went around looking around then she went under his bed. after a bit she ran out to get some pets, then ran out the door & came home.

Attachments:
    • adele shanbar
      Participant

Hi DD and everyone!!!
      HAPPY. HALLOWEEN
      thank I think your kitty is hysterical. She is the friendliest cat I have ever heard of!! She entertains all your neighbors. What a cutie she is.
      It’s pouring up here again. The ground is so soaked one of the witches and the cauldron fell over
      It is supposed to stop tomorrow so we should get some kids tomorrow night
      Gary is very weak. But he is home. Yesterday was our anniversary. 22 years. We didn’t do anything. It was good enough that he came home. That’s all we needed
      Hope everyone has a good Halloween! Gary being sick kind of took the spirit out of me for this year
      Luv u guys
      No, DD. You are not too early. You go girl! Get your decorations up so it looks festive. Go DD!!!
      Adele

• Colleen
      Participant

Happy Halloween!!
      We went trunk or treating with Grayson and Aliza tonight. We had a really good time with them. I had a lot of people there giving out candy. Grayson was really getting a good time. He really thought that was pretty good going from car to car and they gave him candy. He did not want to quit. Aliza was like him she wanted to stop anywhere she saw a porch light on. We knew most of the people that was giving out the candy so it worked out really well
      Have a fun time tomorrow night. and stay safe,
      Colleen

• adele shanbar
      Participant

Happy Halloween Colleen!!
      So glad you all had a good time. That’s what it is all about!!
      Adele

• adele shanbar
      Participant

Happy Halloween Colleen!!
      So glad you all had a good time. That’s what it is all about!!
      Adele

• Gail Norusis
      Participant

Starting a new discussion page for November. See you all there.

Viewing 53 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Share on Facebook
Facebook
Pin on Pinterest
Pinterest
Tweet about this on Twitter
Twitter
Email this to someone
email

Share this with a Smile
X Close
Watch QVC
top finds links QVC LIVE QVC PLUS QVC UK