Quacker Chat for November 20212021-11-03T16:04:21-04:00

Home Forums General Quacker Chatter Quacker Chat for November 2021

Viewing 59 reply threads
  • Author
      Participant

Hi Everyone,
      Been having some internet issues the last few days so I am slow getting this going.
      I hope everyone is doing well.
      I am praying for Gary and a speedy recovery.
      Colleen, give that new grand lots of hugs and kisses.
      DD, snowball is a character. She has lots of personality.
      I have to make this short as we are in the middle of trying to get me shared on the ring doorbell without much success so far.
      Gail

Attachments:
    • Colleen
      Participant

Hi Gail,
      We just really appreciate you starting this every month. I am not good at doing it so we all depend on you. I gave that poor baby more hugs then she wanted. She is little and does not complain. lol She is so tiny. I forget how tiny newborn’s are. Grayson was showing me her feet and her toes. It seemed to impress him that she has toes. It was funny.
      I fell on Halloween and hurt my right leg. I guess this is my new Halloween tradition. I broke my left leg last year on Halloween. I remember how old I am when I fall like that. The pain does not go away as fast as when we are younger.
      DD your cat is so cute. She does some interesting things. It is fun to hear about animals that are so cute. My daughters cat is a mean one and needs to be kept in a cage.
      Adele I am praying that Gary is doing ok. I hope all your family is doing well.
      Hope everyone has a good night. Stay safe.
      Colleen

• adele shanbar
      Participant

Hello everyone
      Gary is slowly getting better. It will be a while for that leg to heal.
      I’m ok. Just tired from all the stress of worrying for hubby and trying to help him. It’s awful when both of us have something wrong. Today I have the virtual appointment with the hematologist
      Glad everyone is ok
      Coleen I hope your leg is ok. Hug that baby all you want!!
      Gail I hope you get the internet issues solved
      DD I love your kitty stories and your decorating! I put out my Annalee Thanksgiving dolls so I’m all set! Lol
      Adele

• Gail Norusis
      Participant

Hi Everyone,
      Colleen, I hope that your leg is better. Next year you better stay home on Halloween to protect yourself. We sure do not bounce back as quickly as we age.
      That’s funny that Grayson likes Nova’s toes. Little kids are so cute.
      Are you having a group for Thanksgiving?
      I imagine this year we will be going to Jenny’s again.
      We do want to schedule our covid boosters soon too.
      Adele, I will continue to pray for Gary’s recovery.
      It is hard when neither of you are feeling up to par.
      How is Tillie doing?
      This year I did not do all my Halloween or fall decorations. I just have some pumpkins and leaves decorations scattered around. If i do not put everything out in September (which I didn’t do this year) I find it’s not worth it to get it all out. No one sees the stuff anymore but us anyway so it’s just not worth all the work sometimes.
      Does anyone else have a ring doorbell. We had to replace our doorbell so we decided to get a ring. So Greg has it all set up to get the notifications on his phone but every time he tries to add my phone we are not able to do it. We look it up online and it says it’s easy as 123 but we have tried numerous times and just can not make it work. It is frustrating. Also I said if I ever wanted to have an affair I would have to have the guy come in through the back door so Greg wouldn’t get the notification and be able to see him on camera. lol
      I guess we have to ask a 12 year old to finish setting it up for me. They know how to do all the techy stuff so easily.
      I hope your hematologist appointment goes well.
      Colleen, you are welcome. I don’t mind starting the discussion each month.
      Right now there is an issue over on the Q boards. I have been trying to sign in for two days with no luck-yet I can sign in if I want to purchase something-very strange. I can sign in for buying but not for chatting. Some people think the Q is doing it on purpose because they want to end having a chat board. I don’t know about that though. We’ll see. I’m hoping it will get corrected in a few days as there were some posts I wanted to respond to.
      Hopefully we will get to see the kids tomorrow.
      Gail

Attachments:
    • Dianne Danielson
      Participant

Hi Ladies,
      Just a quick note to let ya know I’m still alive. We’re in for some blustery weather through next week. It started over night & continued today. With all this rain they expect local flooding, street corners, low lying areas. I’m well above the flood plain. With the leaves falling the street corners will be flooded unless someone clears the leaves away. The winds are coming up from the south so it isn’t all that cold.
      Gail, I was getting concerned when I didn’t see the new chat for Nov. About your ring doorbell, seems strange you can’t get on it. I don’t know that much about it. Could it be you’re too far away, out in the country for reception? Is there a phone # you can call for help? There should be one. Good luck.
      I’m being told it’s bedtime. I’m being summoned.
      dd

Attachments:
    • adele shanbar
      Participant

Hi DD!
      I love the Snoopy and calendar for tree decorating. Lol
      I hope the storm isn’t too bad, and that you don’t lose electricity. These storms are getting worst every year
      It’s quite chilly up here. But the sun is shining.
      Fall is definitely here
      I can’t believe it’s three weeks to Thanksgiving!
      Amanda wants to do all the cooking for the holiday. She wants to do two chickens, no turkey. She assigned her sisters for sides.
      I think it’s a great idea for the kids to take over
      Hope you have a good weekend!!
      Adele

• adele shanbar
      Participant

Hey Gailster
      All is going along in the right direction. Getting a little stronger every day. Both of us. Lol
      The hemotologist went well She thinks it is not the issue because I have only one marker, not two. She feels the ulcer was so bad that it made the liver and spleen swell. Also said anytime you get a bad infection, or something wrong with you, the liver and spleen swell. So, I do not have to have my blood taken out three times a week, as my iron levels are not that high. All good news!!!
      I don’t have the ring doorbell. Sorry
      I decorated only with Annalee dolls.

Adele

• Colleen
      Participant

Hi Everybody,
      Adele I am glad that things are getting better at your house. That is nice that your granddaughter wants to do the cooking for Thanksgiving. I would let my kids help with all the cooking if they would. Brook wants to learn how so will let her come early and help me. She says she does not know how to cook but I think she does but has never tried. Just take cre of yourself and start to feel beeter.
      DD I like all the pictures that you posted. The picture of the Holy Family is really pretty. The faces have a sweet look about them. Not a lot of pictures are that nice. I am sorry that the wind is coming up like that. I hope that it does not do much damage or cause much flooding. I really hate when there are really bad wind. I like the picture of Charlie Brown and snoopy is saying the prayer. Snowball is so cute. It is funny that she lets you know when it is bed time.
      Gail, the family will be here for Thanksgiving all except Melissa. She has a job now so will have to work so will not be able to come home. I just hope she will be here for Christmas. She has to do what is best for the kids. It is good you will be able to spend the holidays with the family. Will they come to your house for Christmas. I like to have the family around for the holidays. It will be fun to see the little ones when they open their presents. They really enjoy Christmas. It will be nice to have the new baby here also. Our family is growing and really fast. It is nice to have the little ones here. It has been awhile and they grow really fast. Aliza has grown too fast. She will be six this year. I know that this will not last long they grow so fast.
      I do not understand what is going on with the Q boards. It is sad that they are changing as much as they have. They got rid of all their good hosts and got some new ones that are not as good as the old ones. Has anyone heard how Antonet Nester is doing.? I hope that she is better. I spelled her name wrong. My mind is not working right now.
      Well that is all from here. Hope all of you have a good night and stay safe.
      Colleen

• Gail Norusis
      Participant

Hi DD,
      I like your pictures.
      No being out in the country wouldn’t have anything to do with me being able to hook up to our doorbell. Greg is hooked up on his phone and you are supposed to be able to then invite me to be hooked up and every time he does I get a code but things just don’t seem to progress any farther. he will get the notifications on his phone when someone is at the door but I get nothing.
      I was going to have Jenny look at it for me on Friday but then I forgot. lol
      I hope the rain that you got wasn’t too bad.
      Now it will be dark at four o’clock practically. I don’t like this time of year. Thank goodness for the bright Christmas lights.
      Gail

Attachments:
    • Gail Norusis
      Participant

Hi Adele,
      I’m glad that things are progressing in a positive direction.
      I must have missed something one marker not two for what?
      A lot of my decorations have lights so that makes this early darkness a little brighter now. I have lots of different fall candles and pumpkins with lights that I put out. I am definitely a sunlight person. I don’t like the heat but I do like the sun.
      I had ordered these two harvest lanterns on advanced order from the Q way back in August and they still have not shipped. I’ll bet they are stuck in the supply chain snafu. I guess maybe I will have them for next fall if they don’t get cancelled all together.
      What a mess with being able to get things in a timely manner. Piper was good and gave me her Christmas list a month ago so once we got home from vacation I ordered her stuff and most will be coming this week. The other two kids may be getting a lot of gift cards if they don’t give me some kind of list. lol
      Greg never uses anything I give him so this year he is getting practical things like underwear and socks and deodorant and shaving cream-although right now he has a goatee-but i guess he shaves his neck or something-I never really pay attention.
      Gail

Attachments:
    • Gail Norusis
      Participant

Hi Colleen,
      I’m glad Brook wants to help with the cooking. The older I get the more help I will take.
      I hope Melissa will be able to make Christmas, but if she is working I know you don’t get a lot of time off. Refresh my memory-did you say she and Stephen were separated? It’s hard to keep track of everyone sometimes and my memory is not what it used to be.
      Jenny will do Thanksgiving. I will just bring some dishes. Then I will do Christmas here.
      It’s a good division of the labor and as you know the kids don’t really care about the big dinner-they don’t care what they eat. lol
      I have not heard anything about Antonella lately so i don’t know how she is doing. I imagine that she is on Facebook.
      I hope she is well. I did read that when she was going through chemo that her husband had a 95% heart blockage but I think they put in a stent and he is better now. Boy they sure did have a ton of bad luck one right after the other.
      Yes, it’s funny about the Q boards as they started having problems with people being able to log in on the same date that they were originally going to shut the boards down. I logged in and answered a post and then logged out and then went to log back in when I saw something that I wanted to respond to and couldn’t get in at all. it’s funny because I can log in the the on line store but not the forums. Many people think that it’s a way that corporate is using to make the forums naturally shut themselves down. A few posters can still log in but not many-some say they can only get in using their phones or using a certain browser. It’s been five days now and you know if they really cared about it it would be fixed by now. A lot of posters have gone over to a place called proboards so we can post there now if we want. I did sign up but haven’t posted much. Just in the book section.
      It will be interesting to see if they fix it or just let it fizzle out because no one can use it.
      If they are still going to discontinue it I just wish they would be upfront about it.
      So far this year their Christmas programming has been pretty boring. I remember when I first started watching you could get stuff that you couldn’t find anywhere else. Now it’s the same stuff repeated over and over. No wonder i rarely watch anymore except for a Quacker show or a jewelry show.
      How is your leg doing?
      Gail

Attachments:
    • Colleen
      Participant

Hi Gail,
      Thank-you for sending all the memes. They always make me laugh. I like the one about if you love it set it free. There are times when I have tried to set a couple of my children free but they just never leave. Except for now. This is the longest we have been without kids living here.
      Brook says that she needs to learn how to cook. She cannot fix a good meal for her family so will teach her how to make a roast one afternoon and then she can fix them when she wants to. We will try something different every week. She can cook it here and then take it home with her. She does not have all the right pans she needs to cook with. I may get her some pans for Christmas.
      Melissa and Stephen are separated and deciding when they want to divorce. They both have different people in their lives already. So I do not think they will get back together. I do not know what is going on with them I really do not want to know. The kids were just glad that they were not living with their dad any longer.
      Did Antonella quit QVC are was she one of the ones they let go? I will never understand why they would let her go but I guess they are not the good company that they use to be. It is a shame that they are closing all the boards. They are going to lose a lot of people that are watching and going on their boards.
      I have to agree with you about the QVC shows. It is just not the Christmas shows it is all of their shows. They usually show all reruns on QVC 2 and that is boring. I do not understand why they started that other channel if they did not have enough vendors for both channels.
      Well I will quit complaining and get off here. Have a great night and stay safe.
      Colleen.

• adele shanbar
      Participant

Hi everybody!
      Glad everyone is ok and getting ready for the holiday. I’ll attach a pic of my decorations.
      Gail the market is one gene abnormality for the blood disorder that makes you store iron in your organs and destroys them. The treatment is you have to give blood three times a week to reduce your iron. So glad I don’t have to do that!
      Hope you got the Ring thing fixed
      DD. I hope you did nit get any damage from the wind storm. Love your decorations and pics!!
      How’s funny kitty doing?
      Colleen this will be a great holiday with the little ones. You will have fun cooking with Brook. I love it when Amanda cooks with me too It’s so much easier to have a helper!
      I have had things on pre order on the Q and ended up canceling them because they took too long to get here. I’m still waiting for snowman candlesticks!
      Hope everyone is good and healthy
      Luv u guys
      Adele

Attachments:
    • Gail Norusis
      Participant

Hi Colleen,
      I’m glad that you enjoy the memes. I used to get them off of a discussion on the Q board-if the boards shut down I will be out of my supply. lol
      I like the one about the jack in the box and the Pillsbury biscuits. I hate opening those packages. I always know they are going to pop and it still scares me. Sometimes I just make Greg open them for me.
      Yes the kids do tend to leave and come back but eventually we want to make sure that they are equipped to leave forever and just visit as we know we won’t be around forever so we want them to be independent.
      I think it’s wonderful that Brook wants to learn to cook. I’ll bet she would really appreciate some nice cookware for a Christmas gift.
      I am always amazed when I see people on TV shows saying they don’t cook-I always wonder well then how the heck do you eat.
      One of Brent’s high school friend always said his mother didn’t cook and I always wondered what they ate-maybe take out and frozen dinners or something. He always appreciated coming here for dinner. I always liked to cook but now standing in the kitchen for too long hurts by back and legs.
      Maybe it’s better not to know what’s going on with Melissa and Stephen. As long as the kids are happy that’s what’s important. I’m guessing there must have been a lot of arguing if they are glad that Stephen is moved out. It’s always better if home is peaceful. I always hated when my parents argued when I was a kid-maybe that’s why Greg and I never argue as that had a big effect on me.
      Antonella was one of the hosts who were let go. Who knows what their reasoning was. I always liked her.
      I hardly ever watch live anymore so it doesn’t really matter who is hosting to me. If there is something i want to see i copy it and skip through it.
      I think some live shows are now back on Q2 again. I think they started it thinking it would all be live and then things changed and they needed to show reruns to save money as it costs a lot to show live programming 24/7-when you think of all the people who have to work behind the scenes to put on a live show. I guess things are changing all the time according to the economy.
      Are you still back into reading? I think during these past two years i have read more than ever. it was a good escape when we couldn’t go anywhere. It was a way to travel without really traveling. I like to start reading some Christmas novels during the upcoming season-some of them are like reading a Hallmark movie-I like stories that are uplifting and make you feel good.
      Gail

Attachments:
    • adele shanbar
      Participant

Hey Colleen
      I’m sorry about Melissa and Stephen. You worry about your kids when these changes happen in their lives. It sounds like this was a good decision. I will add a prayer for them
      Hope everyone is good!!
      DWTS tonight ladies! I’m not as excited about this years contestants. I only recognize one star!
      Adele

• Gail Norusis
      Participant

Hi Adele,
      I have no idea how I missed your post yesterday. That’s weird.
      I’m glad that you didn’t have the disease where you have to give blood all the time. That would get old.
      It’s nice to give blood but not to have to all the time.
      If i had to give blood for something like that they wouldn’t even be able to use it as a donation as one of my meds excludes me from giving blood.
      I like your Annalee collection. They even have turkey dolls! How cute!
      Well I decided not to cancel my harvest preorders-I will just use them next year. I went and read the reviews and they were good so I am keeping the orders active. The only thing I can not figure out is I guess those of us who ordered right away and were on preorder for a long time haven’t gotten our things yet and others who ordered later already got theirs. I wonder if our old orders have been completely forgotten.
      I will just leave it active and see what happens as i already know that it will be too late to use them this year.
      I have not watched DWTS yet as the Bears were on Monday night football-so now I have a two hour Voice and a two hour DWTS to watch. I will just skip over the commentary and watch the dances and the scores. I like to skip over Tyra anyway-each week she annoys me more.
      There’s a guy on one of the soaps that I watch who is being let go because he won’t get the covid shot. How stupid to lose your job over that. Plus if he wants to work anywhere else in the business they will probably have the same requirements so i hope he has saved his money.
      Gail

Attachments:
    • Colleen
      Participant

Hi All,
      I probably should not get on here the way I feel right now. My brother is in the hospital with pnemonia. I am really upset. All this garbage about covid and stay away from each other we will get covid and die. Well my brother and his wife lived by those rules and now he has cancer and may not live. He has never seen my great grand children or any of his nieces or nephews for a long time. So now if anything happens to him he will never see the babies. So I do not want to hear them say one more thing about covid.
      I am going to go now before any friends I have on here. I just had to vent.
      Have a good night and stay safe
      Colleen

• Deborah Ann VonFeldt
        Participant

Hi Colleen , I just read your post and I can relate to it. My brother also has been diagnosed with cancer. He is my only sibling and we loss our parents a few years ago. He has stage 4 inoperable lung cancer plus his lungs keep filling up with fluid. It’s so hard to see your brother suffer to breathe even though he is on oxygen. I have to put my faith in God. I am praying for Jesus to do a mighty miracle. I will be praying for your brother along with mine. I love him so much. I just can’t lose him!

• Gail Norusis
      Participant

Colleen,
      I am sorry to hear about your brother. I will be praying for him.
      This is always a safe place to vent. We have known each other for a long while.
      Life is just not fair sometimes. We follow all the rules and sometimes bad stuff still happens. It’s hard to understand why.
      We always love and support you because you are a wonderful, kind, loving, special woman.
      Lots of Hugs and Love,
      Gail

• adele shanbar
      Participant

Dearest Colleen
      I am very sorry about your brother. It’s awful when someone has cancer. Watching them get weaker each day is heart wrenching. All we can do is pray
      You are all in my prayers. I’m devastated for all of you
      Luv u
      Adele

• adele shanbar
      Participant

Hey Gailster
      One of my favorites got voted off. I was disappointed
      It’s annoying not to get your order! I hope I get the snowman candlesticks byThanksgiving
      Have you watched the Drew show in the am? I like her. I like Tamarin Hall as a person. I don’t like her show It’s always focused on negative segments. It’s very depressing I feel down enough without more on TV. I know she is trying to handle all issues for women, but sometimes it’s just you much
      Hope your day is good
      It’s awful about Colleen’s brother
      Adele

• adele shanbar
      Participant

Hello Debra Ann
      I am sorry about your brother. I will add you both to my prayer list. Cancer is an awful disease. I lost a lot of my Aunts and Uncle to cancer years ago. I know how devastating it is and how helpless you feel
      Prayers sent!
      Adele

• Colleen
      Participant

Hi Deborah Ann,
      My brother is the youngest in the family. There were 5 of us we were closer in age. It is so strange my brother has stage 4 lung cancer. I know the feeling that you are helpless. We can do nothing but watch and with all this covid we cannot be in the hospital with him. I am praying for a miracle and I will add your brother to the prayer. Anytime you feel like you need to vent I am here. The other women on this site are the same. We all pray for each other and any family member that is sick. Maybe we can help each other thru this. Like I said that if you ever feel like talking I am here.
      Prayers
      Colleen

• Colleen
      Participant

Hi Gail and Adele,
      I am just feeling so helpless. I guess that I just really needed to get that all out. Thank you for not taking it wrong. We appreciate all the prayers we need them more then anything. I am like Deborah Ann I am praying for a miracle.
      That is about all from here today. Thanks for all the prayers.
      Have a great night and stay safe.
      Colleen

• Dianne Danielson
      Participant

Hi Ladies,
      Colleen, I’m so sorry about your brother. I went through cancer with both my parents. My mom died of breast cancer & it was the absolute worst time in my life, esp. after she passed away. It’s okay for you to vent on here. sometimes we just need to get it off our chest. I wasn’t close to my siblings as there was a big gap between us in age. I was 8 yrs older than my younger brother, & my older sister & brother were already out of high school & on their own. We weren’t a close family at all. I’m always glad to hear of families that are. I’m sorry you hurt yourself again. I hope it heals quickly.
      I hope everyone is doing good. I’m okay. I’m trying to get started decorating for Christmas. It could be the last one for me. It’s getting too hard to get things out & put around. We’ll see.
      We’re in for some more storms this weekend. Starting Thurs. night a line of storms will hit this area coming from the South Pacific, aka pineapple express, or atmospheric river of rain & wind. We survived the one last weekend, but this sounds alot wetter. We could get up to 2 inches of rain. Hopefully it’s putting a dent in the drought. I’ll have to get out my goggles, & swim fins out. Or build an ark.
      I got another story about Snowball for ya. We went over to see Critt the other day. I was ready to go but she wasn’t having it, so she stayed behind for awhile. When I went back to get her, she was sitting on his counter with him. He told me she had a ball climbing around his apt. He had a bunch of boards put up for his cat to climb on. He said she went all over the place. I’m afraid we may have created a little monster. Now she wants to go over every day. He said I could bring her over & leave her for an hr or 2. First thing I know she’ll be living over there. Depending on what his cat does. lol
      Take care, stay well. Prayers for everyone.
      dd & snowball.

Attachments:
    • Gail Norusis
      Participant

Deborah Ann,
      I will be saying prayers for your brother’s recovery also.
      Gail

• Gail Norusis
      Participant

Colleen,
      We understand that you are feeling so helpless and frustrated and wondering why this had to happen.
      It’s doubly hard when you can not visit too.
      I am sending hugs and prayers your way.
      Gail

• Gail Norusis
      Participant

Hi Adele,
      I thought Olivia Jade was good.
      There were others that should have gone before her but you know people don’t always vote for the best dancers.
      It’s funny each week I detest Tyra more and more. I am usually so easy going and seldom have such strong reactions to people that I don’t even know but she is so bad at her job and just rubs me the wrong way. I felt so bad for Suni Lee when she was going on and on about her throwing up. Very tasteless. She could have just said she has a little stomach bug and left it at that. She’s becoming nails on a chalkboard for me.
      I don’t watch Drew or Tamron-I used to watch lots of daytime talk shows years ago but I have gotten away from them. I watch a couple soaps instead.
      And after just saying that i am easy going and don’t usually dislike people I have to say that I am not that crazy about Tamron. When she used to be on the Today show it seemed like she was attention grabbing and it was all about her. She is such a beautiful woman but I had a hard time getting past what I thought was sort of self centered. it is just my own personal opinion. I agree i am tired of shows that address such serious topics all the time. If I want serious I’ll watch the news.
      I read that this may be Val’s last year on DWTS-we’ll see it when or if it really happens.
      Naturally-I ordered something different from Amazon and sure enough those fall things from the Q shipped. I am just going to keep them in the boxes and store them for next year.
      Had my visit with the rheumatologist yesterday. I think I got a good report and bloodwork was good. It’s the one doctor I like going to because we usually just shoot the breeze for a half hour. lol
      Gail

• Gail Norusis
      Participant

HI DD,
      I wonder why Snowball likes Critt’s place so much. She is a very friendly cat-more like a dog. lol
      I never realized that you were so far apart in age from your siblings. When there is such an age difference it’s hard to find a connection when you are young.
      They said on the news this morning that we might get a little snow tomorrow. And so it starts.
      It would be nice if you get enough rain to stop the drought.
      I think a lot of people already started decorating. Yesterday at the doctor’s office there was a small tree in the reception area.
      Just take your time and you will be able to do it.
      Gail

• Gail Norusis
      Participant

Please take a moment to say thanks.

Attachments:
    • adele shanbar
      Participant

Colleen
      My heart goes out to you. It is awful seeing a loved one suffer. There re no words that can make it better. All we can do is pray for all of you. I am so sorry
      Luv u
      Adele

• adele shanbar
      Participant

HI DD
      I hope the storm wasn’t too bad and you got your supplies before it started!
      Snowball is becoming quite the social butterfly. She is keeping everyone entertained and smiling. We certainly need all the smiles we can get
      I get it with the decorating. I have been trying to purge and do less too. It’s just too much as we age and arthritis limits what we can do. Not fun!!
      Hope you are having a good day
      Adele

• adele shanbar
      Participant

Hey Gailster!
      I feel the same way. Tyra just doesn’t know when to stop talking. She is so pretty. Used to live her until she opened her mouth too much. I was hoping that someone could help her and guide her in the right direction. I don’t think she means to be so abrasive. Someone needs to help her along. I’m surprised she is the host again this year
      On Tamron, I wish she would do some lighter topics. It becomes such a depressing show. You can’t just dwell on the negative woman’s issues. Let’s give women some hope and smiles!!
      Boy are we judge-mental lately. Lol. Lol. It must be our ages! Lol
      Are you all ready to make your Thanksgiving sides? I’m nervous that Amanda has not developed her shopping list for me yet. So I added what I think we need lol
      Hope your day is going well!
      I feel so bad for Colleen and the new Quacker who posted. So sad for both of them
      Adele

• adele shanbar
      Participant

Happy Veterans Day to all our vets and their families!

I am proud to be included in that category. My Dad was a career military man. I was an Army Brat, as they called us. My love for this country and the American flag is all due to my Dad and the example he led. God rest his soul!

God bless all our military and their families!
      Adele

• Gail Norusis
      Participant

Hi Adele,
      I think Tyra is still hosting because she is an executive producer on the show and maybe she would have to fire herself? lol
      It’s funny about being judgemental because I was just talking to the RA doctor about being so much more accepting when we get older because we understand that life is not black and white but also just being cranky about certain things that bother us-usually not big things-we are accepting but idiosyncratic. lol I got my blood results back and I have one level that is always very high which is sort of my normal and it came back lower than it’s been since 2017 so he was all excited about that. Go figure how these things happen sometimes. Our bodies change. i always had straight hair and now my hair is curly. Go figure. lol Kendall had strawberry blond hair when she was a baby and then eventually it changed to dishwater blond and now that she has hit puberty it is red. it’s so pretty! Except Jenny says she never combs it. lol What i wouldn’t give to have a head of hair like that.
      My Dad was a Veteran of both WWII and the Korean wars so i grew up with respect for veterans. Greg was also in the Army in the National Guard. When we were first married he used to have to go to meetings on weekends and go to camp for a few weeks each summer.
      One summer he had a weekend off during camp so I drove up to LaCrosse so we could spend the weekend together. it happened to be the time when the mayflies were hatching on the Mississippi river and the dead bodies were all over the streets and sidewalks. And then if you went out at night there were tons of bats sweeping around over your head as they came out to eat the mayflies. Not exactly a romantic weekend. lol
      Last weeks episode of The Goldbergs with Beverly wanting Adam to get an award so she could get a rose and a kiss was hysterical. That’s one of the few sitcoms that is actually still funny. Some of them are not funny at all especially The Connors-that show is depressing and sometimes i wonder why i still watch it. habit I guess.
      I did read something that i felt good about though. There was something where Ellen Pompeo was talking about that long ago episode where she was begging Derek to pick her when she was saying choose me , pick me, love me and i always hated that scene. Well she said that she couldn’t believe that she was on TV begging someone to love her and she hated saying those lines. So after all these years i feel better about it knowing she thought the lines were stupid too. It made me dislike Meredith a little less. here I am being cranky and judgemental again. lol
      I too feel bad for Colleen and Deborah-it’s so hard to see a loved one suffer and be so sad thinking about maybe losing them. I am continuing to pray for a miracle.
      Gail

• adele shanbar
      Participant

Hey Gailster!
      That was awful about the bugs and bats interrupting your romantic weekend. Yuck
      I’m glad Meredith said that about that scene. It was uncomfortable to watch! Must have been some man writer that developed the scene. Lol
      I have not seen the Goldbergs yet this week.
      It’s recorded.
      That’s good news about your blood work!! Congrats!
      Hair is a funny thing. When Bobby went through puberty, his hair got curly. Heather was waiting for hers to go curly, and she was VERY disappointed when it did not. My friend Nancy got straight hair after she went through chemo. My Dad’s hair was red. That was his nickname…. Red. Lol
      We had an awful storm late yesterday. Tornado warnings and all. One town had an actual tornado. Nobody was hurt, thank God
      Today is sunny but cold
      My favorite show will be in shortly. ITKWD. I’ll do needlepoint while I watch and listen
      Hope you have a good day!
      Adele

• Gail Norusis
      Participant

Hi Adele,
      So your Dad was a red head. Wasn’t he of Italian heritage-would that be unusual?
      It seems your granddaughters are all dark haired and dark eyed-Is that from Heather their dad or both?
      How is your shopping going? I am moving along. Each year as the grands get older it gets harder.
      What type of things does JJ like now? Kendall and Lachlan are my hardest-and of course the older they get the more expensive the items that they want get. I do love giving gifts though so I am trying to hold off the day when the only thing I can think of giving them is money.
      All I can say is thank God for Amazon and other online shopping. I can’t believe how much time I used to waste running around to different stores looking for things.
      I’m glad no one was hurt in the tornadoes by you.
      Isn’t it awful what happened at that concert where the people got trampled.
      We had some dusting of snow over the weekend and are expecting some more today.
      The older I get the harder it is to get used to the cold temperatures and the hot temperatures. I’m like Goldilocks i need the temperature to be just right. lol
      Gail

Attachments:
    • adele shanbar
      Participant

Hi Gailster
      It is beyond awful what happened at that concert. I hate huge events like that
      JJ is very difficult to buy for. He prefers cash for his savings account or a gift certificate he can use on line for gaming. So impersonal!!
      I am very glad I have all the gifts, and some are still coming! I hope they get here
      I got the velvet jacket today. I can’t resist velvet anything, it’s so snuggly
      Amazon delivers here about every day. They have everything, and it comes fast. But even they have some issues. I’m waiting for two books, a veggie peeler, and German cookies. Hope they all get here🥴😩
      Hope your night is going well. DWTS tonight. I wonder what our Tyra will have on tonight. Lol
      Adele

• Colleen
      Participant

Hi Ladies,
      I never have liked Tyra Banks on the show. She takes away from the stars dancing. She should have kept her mouth about Suni. That poor girl was going thru enough without her running her mouth about it. I always mute the tv when she is talking I do not want to listen to her. I was disappointed with some of the people that were voted off the show but I usually am. I could not believe that the basket ball player made it to the finals. I do not think that they thought they would make it. Is anybody watching the masked singer? It is pretty good this year. They have had surprising people singing this year.
      I have not bought anything from the Quacker show yet. There are a couple tops that I would like to have but am not sure I want to spend the money. I will look the things over again after I am done on here. I do like the top that Let there be Peace on Earth and the baking top they were both really cute. I hope that I did not wait too late.
      I hope everyone is okay. Are all of you ready for the Holidays? I still have to get the things that I want to cook. I hope that I can find all I need.
      Have a good night and stay safe.
      Colleen

• adele shanbar
      Participant

Hi Colleen
      I am wondering the same thing. What will the supermarket be out of this week!
      I have been washing the crystal glasses. The girls want to use the China and crystal this year. Amanda is doing all the cooking. She assigned her sisters sides to make and bring. I am to stay out of the kitchen. Lol. This ought to be good. Lol
      How’s new Itty Bitty doing?
      I am always surprised as to who gets voted off! I think the general public has a strange view on who is good and who is not
      I hope your day is going well!
      I have good news. Gary’s leg is finally getting better. The new skin looks good nano infection or leakage! Good news!!
      Adele

• adele shanbar
      Participant

Hi Colleen
      I am wondering the same thing. What will the supermarket be out of this week!
      I have been washing the crystal glasses. The girls want to use the China and crystal this year. Amanda is doing all the cooking. She assigned her sisters sides to make and bring. I am to stay out of the kitchen. Lol. This ought to be good. Lol
      How’s new Itty Bitty doing?
      I am always surprised as to who gets voted off! I think the general public has a strange view on who is good and who is not
      I have good news. Gary’s leg is finally getting better. The new skin looks good nano infection or leakage! Good news!!
      Adele

• Gail Norusis
      Participant

Hi Adele,
      I’m glad Gary’s leg is doing better. Now if you can just keep him hydrated.
      We got our boosters yesterday-and that’s what they said to us-keep hydrated.
      I think you will be surprised at how well the girls do taking over the dinner. Sit back and relax and enjoy having the family around. It’s nice to get to the point where the kids want to take over. I love it!
      We have Amazon coming here just about every day too. lol
      I did manage to get Kendall a few things that she wanted and then filled it out with gift cards. It’s hard when they are teenagers.
      It’s funny you used to talk about the Hess trucks and I had never heard of them and then just last week I saw a TV advertisement for them so they must be traveling west. lol
      Tyra actually had some almost normal outfits on this week. But she still just bugs me-she’s so unsuited for hosting a program. I got used to her on AGT but just have never been able to warm up to her on DWTS. She just does not have an ease about her and makes everything feel so awkward. This is just not her forte.
      Personally if you are going to judge on just dancing Melora and Sunni should be in and Iman and Cody should be out-but we know it’s more of a popularity contest than a dance contest anymore. Plus it seems that they can’t decide how they want it to be-a contest where you are judged by how much you improve or a contest with people who already have dance experience-it doesn’t seem fair to have both types mixed together. I have to give Jenna kudos for figuring out how to choreograph dances for two women and Daniella kudos for how much Iman has improved. It’s hard partnering those tall basketball players.
      Gail

Attachments:
    • Gail Norusis
      Participant

Hi Colleen,
      We have been watching the Masked Singer. I said several weeks ago that that one guy was from Duck Dynasty when I saw those duck caller things all around. I still marvel at all the costumes on both the singers and the back up dancers-that must take a lot of sewing.
      I did break down and buy a few Christmas tops from Quacker even though I need more like I need a hole in the head. lol Christmas stuff is my crazy spot.
      This year i bought magnetic scenes to put on the garage doors. I always wanted wreathes on the outdoor lights by the garage but the lights are not set up so wreathes fit over them. Then a couple years ago I found wreathes on ribbons that fit but then I didn’t like that because the wind would blow and turn the wreathes the wrong direction so this year I am trying the magnetic decorations. I am just crazy. lol
      I agree they don’t always vote for the best dancers. It’s more of a popularity contest or who the internet decides to support this year.
      I don’t blame you for muting Tyra. She makes me uncomfortable as there is no ease about her as a host-I’m always uncomfortable thinking she’s going to say something stupid. Plus she seems to have no sense of humor and you need that in a job like that. Or you need lots of enthusiasm like Terry Crewes (and the ability to wiggle your pecs) lol He certainly likes to do that. lol
      Are the babies coming for Thanksgiving? I still think of Grayson as a baby but I guess he isn’t anymore.
      Gail

Attachments:
    • Colleen
      Participant

Hi Adele,
      That is funny that Amanda has taken over like she has. I think that sometimes sibling will listen to each other and do what they ask. You should really just enjoy the day and let them take over. That will be so nice to have them doing all the cooking and serving.
      I am glad to hear that Gary’s leg is doing better. You take good care of him and make sure that he does what he should. That is a job in itself just getting them to do what they should do. Ron is driving me crazy. We went to Costco today and Danyielle went with us. Ron went in the store to make sure that I could get an electric cart so I did not have to walk. He told her not to get ahead of me to stay with me. It made me feel so helpless. We were walking and I almost lost my balance being so careful not to. It is hard when people are watching you.
      The baby is so sweet. She hardly ever cries and when she does all you have to do is pick her up and she will stop. Grayson just loves his sister and was not too jealous of us giving her a lot of attention. We try to do things with him while we are holding her so he does not get too bad. We are use to having to do that.
      It will be interesting to see who wins dwts. I hope that it is not JoJo. She could have danced with a male partner it would have looked better. When they were doing some of the dances that were supposed to be sexy it just did not look right. The gay guys dance with woman and do not complain. She does not have to do it that way.
      I will quit complaining. I will get off here and finish answering e-mails and get to bed. Have a great night and stay safe.
      Colleen

• Colleen
      Participant

Hi Gail,
      I did not know that Willie Robertson was such a good singer. He did really good and surprised a lot of them. It is a really good show and keeps getting better. The ones who surprised me was Honey Boo Boo and her mother. They could not sing but they sure had a good time. Bruno is right they should all have fun like that. I just wonder who thinks those costumes up and they always put them on the right person. It is such a fun show.
      I ended up buying three tops from Quacker. I told myself that I would not buy any of them but could not resist. I bought the Peace on Earth one, the church one and the one with the snowman on it. I figure that I can wear that longer in the winter. Which ones did you get?
      The magnet decorations are really cute. That is nice to hang on the garage. I bought a projector thing a couple years ago but have not used it because I cannot remember where I put it. Hopefully I find it soon. I like the memes they are so cute. I like the ones about forgetting things. I know you are like that.I do not know what happens to us as we get older.
      I really wish they would go back to picking the best dancers and not the most popular people. There are so many good dancers on the show this year and they really need to be voted on their ability. I agree Melora and Suni were better then some of the others. It seems like they wanted to pick on Suni.
      Everybody will be here for Thanksgiving except for Melissa and the kids. I wish that they all were going to be here. Guess we cannot have everything.
      Well that is about all from here. Have a great night and stay safe.
      Colleen

• adele shanbar
      Participant

Hey Gailster
      Totally ageee about DWTS. Good observation about Tyra being awkward. Thst hits is right on the mail
      Thanksgiving is going to be amusing ! I can’t believe it’s here already
      Gary leg looks even better. He is thrilled it is finally healing
      I got all the glasses in the China cabinet cleaned. I have nit handled the crystal in my Nona’s China cabinet. I’ll do that after Thanksgiving
      Glad you got your shots! We have not heard yet about ours
      I am so tired today. Kept waking up to go to the bathroom last night
      Hope you have a good weekend
      Adele

• adele shanbar
      Participant

Hi Colleen
      It’s so nice to have a new baby in the house! Do you have a pic of her to show us?
      It’s hard getting older snd having troubles walking. Especially outside where the ground is not always even
      It will be interesting to see who wins this week! There were jo contestants that I got really excited about!
      The holiday will be really different this year. It will be nice to enjoy it instead of working my butt off! Lol. Lol
      Hope you have a good weekend
      Adele

• Colleen
      Participant

Hi Ladies,
      I went to see my brother today and they have sent him home to die. They have hospice helping my sister in law. They have him on pain medication. He has oxygen in the room for when he needs it. It is so sad to see him like this. He can hardly breath and it makes it hard for him to talk. He talks so low it is hard for us to her him. Well that is all from here. I cannot say much more then that. Please pray for him. I keep praying for a miracle.
      Have a good night and stay safe.
      Colleen

• Gail Norusis
      Participant

Colleen,
      I am so sorry to read your post about your brother. I will keep praying for him and the family. That is such sad news.
      Sending love and hugs your way.
      Gail

• adele shanbar
      Participant

Hi Colleen
      This is awful for your brother, his family, and you. Just before Thanksgiving makes it even more painful.
      To see a loved one slowly slip away, is such a sad and pitiful thing. I say a prayer for all of you every night. I will also pray for you to get to the point that you pray for his quick demise. At this point, it becomes too painful to watch him suffer, and for him to be at peace is good for him. He will be pain free in Heaven, and see your Mom and Dad, who I am sure will be waiting for him with open arms. It just leaves the rest of you with a big hole in your hearts. I am very sorry you have to go through all of this. Life just does not seem fair
      Please access t my heartfelt wishes and sorrow for all of you
      Love. Adele

• Dianne Danielson
      Participant

Hi Ladies,
      HAPPY THANKSGIVING!!! I hope everyone is having family over for the day. hem
      Colleen, I’m so very sorry about your brother. It’s the same time of year I lost my mom. Sunday was the anniversary of her passing. It’s always the worst to know your loved one is passing during the holidays.
      It feels like someone reaches in & rips your heart out of your body. Sending prayers, hugs, & lots of love to you.
      I’m trying to get started with Christmas decorating but I just can’t get motivated. I have a few things out but maybe this weekend I’ll get motivated. It’s getting harder & harder to do it.
      It’s getting really cold out here. We were only in the 40s today. And if there’s a wind it’s even colder.
      I’m asking my ‘kitty furrriends’ on InstaGram if they’d like to exchange Christmas cards. So far it’s a go with all of them. They’re from all over the world, Canada, Denmark, Norway, & Australia, & here in the US.
      Well I guess that’s all for tonight. You may not hear from me for awhile.(so what else is new?).
      Take care, stay safe, stay well.
      dd & snowball

Attachments:
    • adele shanbar
      Participant

Hi DD and everyone!

HAPPY. THANKSGIVING!!!!!!

I’m sorry you had to lose your Mom during the holidays. It’s awful. I know because my Dad went in for minor surgery the week before Thanksgiving, and he died in Dec 23rd. It was devastating
      That’s great you can connect with other Fur Moms What a fun idea
      Where are you going tomorrow? With your friend or with Critt? I wish you a wonderful day
      I totally agree. Everything gets more difficult as we age. Simple things take such a long time
      Hoping we will hear from you soon!!

Colleen…, hoping all is good for you. Hoping your brother is not in pain
      Gailster…. Hoping you are ready for tomorrow
      We’re having more people. Enzo’s family is coming as well as Amanda’s boyfriend Lol
      Hoping everyone has a good day!!
      Adele

Attachments:
    • Dianne Danielson
      Participant

Hi Ladies,
      I hope everyone had a wonderful holiday weekend. I was able to get a Thanksgiving food box with all the fixings. I cooked it up for me & Critt so we had some turkey, etc. I gave him some leftovers & shared the rest with my other neighbor. Once a yr is enough for me. I prefer the dark meat to the white meat. It has more flavor.
      Tomorrow is the first day of Dec!! Where has this yr gone?? I’m still working on getting my decorations up. I got the tree up but no ornaments on it yet.
      Diane took me to Costco & I was able to get the booster shot. They take in walk ins. Their pharmacy is open to the public, not just Costco’s members.
      How’s the weather out there? It was chilly for a few days but it’s warmed up. We broke some records for warm temps the past few days. In the upper 50s & low 60s. but that could end at any time. No snow in the forecast.
      That’s all for now. Take care, stay safe, stay warm, stay well!!!
      dd

Attachments:
    • Colleen
      Participant

Hi DD,
      I am glad that you got a food basket so you could have turkey. It was nice that Critt could celebrate with you. It is always nice to have some one to eat with. I was so glad that my kids were here and the great grand babies. It helped to keep my mind off of my brother.
      It seems like this time of year just flies by. I still have Christmas shopping to do and need to hurry up and get it done. It will be too late soon. Who will you spend Christmas with? Will your friend come and get you? If you lived closer you could come here. We always have another place at our table.
      I love the pictures you posted. They put people in the Christmas spirit. It was chilly here for awhile and now we are getting warmer weather. Then it is going to get cold again. I wish that it would either stay cold instead of going up and down
      Have a great night and stay safe.
      Colleen

• adele shanbar
      Participant

Hey DD
      That was great you were able to get a food basket and share it with your friends!!!
      Glad you had a nice day
      Also fabulous you got the booster. We’re on the list for an in home shot…. Me, Gary and Tillie. It has been jammed at Cvs, and none of our doctors are doing them
      We had a good day. It was nice not to have to cook. But, we were still exhausted! Lol. All we had to do is put everything away. Attaching a pic of just the serving pieces we had to put away. It took us two days to get everything back together, and it made my back go nuts. I had to go back on the walker! Lol
      Also attaching a pic of the stocking that I finished. It is on the stretcher getting back in shape
      Hope you are having a good day!!
      Adele

Attachments:
    • Dianne Danielson
      Participant

Hi Ladies,
      I saw something on the Q today that piqued my curiosity. On Gourmet Holiday they had something called Butter Cake, & David was doing the Happy Dance cause he thought it’s great. They said it comes from St. Louis, Mo. & someone’s mother started selling it many yrs ago & the family is keeping up the tradition of selling it during the holidays. So, have any of you know anything about it. I’ve never heard of it before.
      Last week Jimmy the Baker posted on FB how he found a flour that makes biscuits bigger & fluffier. It’s a flour that’s only found in the South.
      I hope you see this. I’m still on the Nov. page.Lol
      Take care.
      dd

Attachments:
    • Colleen
      Participant

Hi Adele,
      It looks like you had a lot of dishes to put away. I hope that the girls helped you. That is like my girls they use every dish in the house when they cook. We always eat out of paper plates though. lol I guess those plates are really hard to wash.
      I have my mom’s Christmas dishes but have not used them yet. The girls say we should just use the paper. I may surprise them this year and use the Christmas plates.
      My brother is still hanging in there. I do not know what to pray for anymore. He is in so much pain and having such a hard time breathing. I do not see how my sil does it everyday. Taking care of him.
      I am still Christmas shopping. I need to get it done. I was going to go to Penny’s and see if they have any toys. I did get Nova a Minnie Mouse. I am not sure what else to get her. Maybe diapers and formula.
      Kylie came over and spent the night last night and started putting up my decorations. She decorated the tree and got all the stuff out of the closet to put up around the house. She remembered where I put a lot of the stuff that I have. She is the oldest so she has seen it more often. So she enjoyed putting the things up for me.
      Take care of yourself and rest.
      Colleen

• Colleen
      Participant

Hi DD,
      I love butter cakes they are so good. They are gooey butter is what we call them. When we were kids mom use to get them at the store all the time. We would have them for breakfast. It was so good. You could eat them at other times but that is when we ate ours.
      Just thought I would tell you what I know about them
      Colleen

• adele shanbar
      Participant

Hi DD
      Somehow I missed that post about the cake. I have never heard of that, or of the flour from the South
      Adele

• adele shanbar
      Participant

Hi Colleen
      I’m so sorry about your brother. At this point it’s a blessing for God to take him because of all his suffering. But, how can you pray for him to be gone? It is such an awful position to be in. Thank Your poor SIL must be crying all day long. It must be so hard in her, and the rest of you, especially during a time when you are supposed to celebrate How can anyone celebrate while waiting for the end of your sweet brothers life? You are all in my prayers
      That’s great thst your grands help decorate. My crew has been too busy. I have not seen them since the holiday. Lol
      Is that high school with the tragedy near you? I cried when I saw it on the news. Four more families are devastated before Christmas. Just awful
      Hope your day is going well
      Adele

• Gail Norusis
      Participant

Starting the new discussion for December two days late. Sorry. See you all there.

Viewing 59 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Share on Facebook
Facebook
Pin on Pinterest
Pinterest
Tweet about this on Twitter
Twitter
Email this to someone
email

Share this with a Smile
X Close
Watch QVC
top finds links QVC LIVE QVC PLUS QVC UK