Quacker Chat for May 20212021-05-03T12:10:57-04:00

Home Forums General Quacker Chatter Quacker Chat for May 2021

Viewing 82 reply threads
  • Author
      Participant

Hello Everyone,
      Colleen, I have not had problems coming on here. The only problem was even when I check the box I never get notifications but it has been like that for me for years.
      My grands call me Gigi too. It’s funny because both of their grandma’s are named Gail-both me and Adam’s mother. How odd is that?
      I noticed too that thus far there have been no big finds on storage wars. Who knows Dave may yet be back. They said on the first one that Mary had gone back to Texas. I was not really surprised that Jarrod and Brandy had split. She always was kind of a bitch. I always thought it was weird that she would wear dresses and high heels to go to storage auctions. Maybe because it was being filmed?
      We had a great time with the kids on Jenny’s birthday. We decided to barbecue rather than order out so we brought steaks and lobsters and garlic bread and Jenny made a salad and watermelon. Lachlan was with his cousin and aunt and uncle at a barbecue so we didn’t see him. Piper stayed back from a sleepover until later so she could see us and we got a big hug from her and Jenny-it felt so good! Of course Kendall came out from her bedroom to say hi and that was about it. lol Teenagers!
      DD, it’s funny some cats are so affectionate and others could care less and just tolerate you in their world. We had a cat once that was afraid of everybody but us. If someone strange came into the house she would hide so no one else ever saw her. They thought we were making her up. She was a very sweet cat named Dixie. It’s funny-the dogs that Jenny has now Luke likes to be petted and Lucy doesn’t. Each animal has their own unique personality. It’s interesting.
      Adele, I am glad that you are finally getting your shot. It will be a big relief. I feel so much better knowing we are innoculated.
      I really admire Marissa being a Mom and going to school. The young women who do it all are my heroes.
      Congrats to Amanda. It really is a circle of life-isn’t it? Sadness and joy.
      Poor Steph. i would be so mad at the cat sitter. She has to have known that she needed to clean the litter box-and she must have seen some of the accidents when she came by to feed the cat-she could have cleaned them up too instead of leaving them sit there all week or however long it was. Jhonny should have been mad at her too instead of letting it cause conflict.
      You know we have one of those fake rocks that cover the well but basically Greg was just not paying attention. lol
      This morning there was a goose in the back yard and a goose on the roof that I had to chase away so they wouldn’t go into the pond. it’s a good thing they didn’t decide to attack me. lol It’s times like these when I miss the dogs. I didn’t want to tell Greg as I was afraid he would take out the bb gun-even though he told me he wouldn’t do that anymore. Hopefully they won’t come back. I actually have no idea why one was on the roof. That was weird. I can’t believe Greg slept through it all as they were noisy.
      Gail-the goose chaser. lol

Attachments:
    • adele shanbar
      Participant

Omg Gailster
      That was funny about the geese. I heard they are nasty little critters
      While I was de/boning the chicken yesterday for the soup, a huge Hawk flew over the house. I caught him as he left and flew into a tree at my neighbors house Those are so beautiful
      There is no greater joy than a hug from a lived one. I hugged a neighbor today. She was masked. She is e daughter of my neighbor who died from covid while in the nursing home with Alzheimer’s. She was sent her Dad to the hospital today. He is failing. I can’t tell you how bad I feel. Phyllis snd Jim were my best friends. My entire family lived them. Marissa is devastated. It does not look good for him. A prayer is needed please
      Did I tell you JJ made High Honors? I found out by a notice in our newspaper. Lol
      I got the shot today. So far so good. Lol
      Hope your day is going well
      Adele

• adele shanbar
      Participant

Omg Gailster
      That was funny about the geese. I heard they are nasty little critters
      While I was de/boning the chicken yesterday for the soup, a huge Hawk flew over the house. I caught him as he left and flew into a tree at my neighbors house Those are so beautiful
      There is no greater joy than a hug from a lived one. I hugged a neighbor today. She was masked. She is e daughter of my neighbor who died from covid while in the nursing home with Alzheimer’s. She was sent her Dad to the hospital today. He is failing. I can’t tell you how bad I feel. Phyllis snd Jim were my best friends. My entire family lived them. Marissa is devastated. It does not look good for him. A prayer is needed please
      Did I tell you JJ made High Honors? I found out by a notice in our newspaper. Lol
      I got the shot today. So far so good. Lol
      Hope your day is going well
      Adele

• Gail Norusis
      Participant

Hi Adele,
      I hope that you get no side effects from the shot. Mostly I was just really tired after the second one.
      I will be saying prayers for your neighbor.
      How is Gary feeling lately?
      Congrats to JJ-I guess he was able to study well at your house.
      That’s funny that no one mentioned it and you found out from the paper. That reminds me-Jenny never really had a formal college graduation as she went to business school for two years and then did a lot of her last two years on line to get her BA or BS-don’t remember which. Anyway, I never really looked at her diploma closely and I came across it one day a few years after she graduated and realized she had graduated cum laude. lol She never even mentioned it.
      Hawks are magnificent but you have to keep your eye on your small dogs if they are flying around.
      Okay-so here is another story in the ongoing saga of the geese. I told Greg when he got up yesterday what happened and of course the geese don’t come back until he leaves to go to golf league yesterday. So I open the door and yell and pound barbecue tools together to make noise and that doesn’t phase them at all. Well, I know that the two of them will chase me if I get too close so I pull my car out of the garage and face toward them and honk the car horn like crazy. This doesn’t phase them either. (Greg said the horn sounded too much like geese honking) lol So at that point I do the only thing left to me-I drive my car out onto the property and chase them away with the car. They did leave then.
      Hopefully the big old car monster scared them away permanently.
      Gail

Attachments:
    • adele shanbar
      Participant

Lol Gailster
      You should have taken a video of you and the geese!!
      It’s funny how JJ does not mention anything about honors. He feels it is expected Congrats on Jenny too!
      Gary is getting back to himself. But the weather has been awful. Pouring on snd off. So it’s hard to tell what’s the weather snd vaccine for me. I got violent diarrhea after dinner Monday night. I had a full headache yesterday and a very queasy stomach. Everything seems to get me in the belly. I’m glad I finally hit the shot
      We’re having people for Mother’s Day. Enzo’s parents snd the twins snd Marissa’s best friend with her husband snd baby. All if them are vaccinated accept the twins. Marissa asked for them to vine because it’s going to be a hard day. Steph asked if Sam could come cause it’s going to be shard day for both of them. First Mother’s Dsy for both of them without their Moms. Sucks
      I hope Facebook keeps 45 off the air. I can’t imagine his crazy ramblings every day again!
      I hope DD and Sue are good. I miss hearing their updates
      Hope your day is good. Still raining here
      Adele

• Colleen
      Participant

Hi Gail,
      I noticed that on the new Storage Wars Renee’s wife is back on there. She is acting a lot different I guess because she is older. I often wondered if Brandy and Jarrod were having trouble all the time they were on the show. You could almost tell that they did not get along very well. They also think that they were doing a lot of drinking. There always seemed to be a problem with them.
      I am so glad that you had a good time with Jenny and the kids. I can imagine that Piper was really good to see you and Greg and put on a show. She really has always been a character since she was really little. I think that our Aliza is going to be like her. It sounds like your dinner was really good. I have never had grilled lobster it sounds good. I am just so glad that you got to spend time with your family.
      So now you are the goose chaser. I have heard that they can be really mean. You are lucky they did not turn on you. Just take a broom with you next time. That is what I use to chase buffalo.
      Well that is all from here. Have a great night and stay safe.
      Colleen

• Colleen
      Participant

Hi Adele,
      Congrats to Amanda on the new baby. Is she excited? Does she still live with you and Gary? We seem to be keeping up with each other when it comes to new great grand babies. I am talking about babies you have a couple more great grands then I have.
      How great that JJ is doing so good in school. I agree with Gail about him doing so well doing his work at home. Your house must have been a good learning environment for him. That is really good and says a lot for all of you there.
      I am sorry to hear about your neighbor. It is hard when you lose a good friend or neighbor. I will say a prayer for him and his family.
      I hope that you can turn this Mother’s Day into something joyful. Just remember all the happy times and not the sad. It is all of the mom’s in your family’s day. You need to have a good day also.
      Well that is all from here. Have a great night and stay safe.
      Colleen

• adele shanbar
      Participant

Hi Colleen
      Yes it is very funny how our granddaughters are pregnant at the same time
      Amanda does not talk about it or want people here to know until she is 12 weeks. Because she had so much pain in first month she is afraid she will lose the baby. She did say she thinks it’s a girl. Lol
      The closer we get to Mother’s Day the more Steph is crying. She is having a real hard time
      The sun is finally shining up here. We have not seen the sun in a week!!
      Have you watched the new show Rebel? I love it! Lol
      Hope you are having a good day
      Adele

• Colleen
      Participant

Hi Adele,
      I wonder if they will be born around the same time.. It is fun to have someone to talk about how they are growing and what they get into. Brook is hoping that she has a girl this time but we will see. Her dad came from a family of all boys and her mom just had sisters. So it will be interesting to see.
      Steph is really having a rough time since her mom passed. I hope that she will make it thru the day. She will get over this as long as she has all of you to help her. She is lucky to have all of you there for her and each other. You have such a good family and you try to help each other all the time and that is so important.
      I have not seen Rebel yet. I will have to watch for it and either vcr it or watch it live. Ron is so fixed on his shows that it is hard to get him to watch anything else.
      We have sun here today but we are supposed to have rain again. We will have to see how it goes.
      Well that is about all from here. Have a great day and stay safe.
      Colleen

• Dianne Danielson
      Participant

Ladies,
      I don’t have time for small talk tonight. I just found out that my “nephew” (Hallie’s little boy) has Covid!! It hit him yesterday like a bomb. The day before she had to rush him to the ER & when they got there, the drs recorded his heart rate over 200!! They gave him something to calm it down, so when it did slow down they sent him home. Then yesterday he had a raging fever & complained he hurt all over.
      They took him in for testing & it came back positive for Covid today. I’m asking please say some prayers for Luke! He needs all the prayers he can get. And spread it around (prayers, not the virus)!!
      He’s 13 yrs old, so he wasn’t old enough for the vaccine.
      This may sound selfish, but luckily I haven’t been around any of them for at least a couple months.
      She’s not sure how he caught it. They’ve tried to be careful, but something went wrong somewhere.
      He’s not in school, so not there.
      So if you know anyone who thinks it doesn’t exist, tell em it DOES!! He’s the only one I know who has contracted it. Hallie’s been vaccinated but she feels like her body is fighting it. She has some of the symptoms. I hope she doesn’t come down with it full force. None of them are very healthy. They’re going to the hospital, or drs far more than I am.
      And they;re alot younger too. I just pray for them to be okay.
      I’ll write more later on.
      take care, stay safe, stay well!!
      dd

Attachments:
    • Gail Norusis
      Participant

DD,
      I will pray that Luke has a speedy recovery.

• Colleen
      Participant

DD
      I will pray for your nephew.
      Colleen

• adele shanbar
      Participant

Hi Colleen
      Happy Mother’s Day. I’m attaching a pic. In Jeanne Bice tradition I am sparkling through the sadness
      Steph is not coming. She can’t stop crying and does not want to upset everyone. I’m more upset she is home
      It will be fun to compare pregnancies snd see which Itty Bitty comes first. I wonder if we will have babies on Christmas!! You never know. Well have to get babies first Christmas outfits just in case
      I love Rebel. You have to watch from the first show to get all the sarcasm Lol
      Sun is shining. Have a good day
      Adele

Attachments:
    • adele shanbar
      Participant

Sweetest DD
      I am so sorry Luke is sick Of course we will all pray for him. I’m sorry I did not see this sooner
      I have been needlepointing my way through the weekend to pretend it’s not Mother’s Day. Tillie turned 95 yesterday I’ll attach pics of her in the new tops I got her
      Please stay safe. It is good you have not seen them. Not selfish at all! These are trying times and we have to take care of ourselves
      I’ll attach the two things I finished since Friday. A change purse and darning scissor holder
      Please keep us updated on Luke
      Luv u
      Adele

Attachments:
    • Gail Norusis
      Participant

In honor of Mother’s Day I am posting a picture of my mother. The adorable baby is me. lol

Attachments:
    • adele shanbar
      Participant

Omg. I love it Gailster!!!
      Hope everyone had a good day
      Attaching a couple of pics
      Adele

Hoping and praying Luke is better, DD

Attachments:
    • Colleen
      Participant

Hi Adele,
      I really like all the pictures you posted. Tillie looked so pretty in her new tops. She was really pleased with her gifts. She is lucky to have you as a daughter.
      The cake they had for you looks really good. I like the pillow that they gave you. That really had to touch your heart when you read it. I like the smile on your face. It is good to see you smiling like that again it is a shame that Steph could not be there to see it. It probably would have made her feel better.
      It will be funny if they both have girls. They both had boys for their first one so it will be fun o see if it happens with Brook and Amanda. I cannot believe that two of our girls are pregnant at the same time.
      It sounds like you a good day. My Mothers Day lasted the whole week-end. Saturday Mandy took me out to lunch at a new restaurant in our area. Then we went to a couple of boutiques to just look around and then came home. Sunday we went to Danyielle’s and she ordered in dinner in and they gave me a dozen red roses. They were really pretty. I heard from Melissa and she sent me a gift have not received it yet. Mandy and Melissa had to work on Mothers Day so did not get to see them. So it turned out to be a great week-end.
      Colleen

• Colleen
      Participant

Hi Gail,
      That is really a cute picture of your mom and you and your siblings. You were a really cute baby.
      Have a great day and stay safe.
      Colleen

• adele shanbar
      Participant

Hi Colleen
      It is real funny our grands are pregnant together. Marissa and Mandy and now Amanda and Mandy. Too funny!! First it was two boys. Dying to see if It will be two girls All my granddaughters are girls. My great- grandchildren are all boys. Three of each. Lol. This breaks the similarities…. I will have 4 great-grandchildren
      Marissa took a lot of thought in the presents to me anND Tillie. Wewereboth very touched
      Hope your day went well
      Adele

• adele shanbar
      Participant

Hi Colleen
      It is real funny our grands are pregnant together. Marissa and Mandy and now Amanda and Mandy. Too funny!! First it was two boys. Dying to see if It will be two girls All my granddaughters are girls. My great- grandchildren are all boys. Three of each. Lol. This breaks the similarities…. I will have 4 great-grandchildren
      Marissa took a lot of thought in the presents to me anND Tillie. Wewereboth very touched
      Hope your day went well
      Adele

• adele shanbar
      Participant

Colleen
      I forgot to say thanks for the compliments. Lol
      Adele

• Colleen
      Participant

Hi Adele,
      It is Brook who is pregnant and was pregnant when Marissa was. Mandy is her mom. That is funny how that turns out. It is fun with to watch all the grands grow. They all turn out so different.
      Melissa sent me a cup in the mail. It had a picture of us sitting on a log it is our backs and it has our names on it. It was really cute. She finds the cutest things. Danyielle always buys me flowers and Mandy likes to go out and eat. So it is funny that they all think of different things to give.
      It is sunny here today which is unusual. It has been raining a lot here. It is good to see the sun.
      Colleen

• adele shanbar
      Participant

Hey Colleen
      It’s funny how we mess the names up every once in a while. Lol
      Sun is shining up here too. I got a gout attack again. This time I was guilty. I had cake for Tillies birthday and then another one on Mother’s Day. A third piece last night cause we had so much left over! That was way too much strawberry shortcake. Not just for the gout, but period! I should have known better I can’t take prednisone because of the shot. I have to tough it out. I did take two or my arthritis pills. It helped a tiny bit
      Hope your day is going well!
      I hope DD’s nephew is ok
      Adele

• Gail Norusis
      Participant

Hi Everyone,
      It sounds like everyone had a good Mother’s Day. Ours was very quiet. Both kids called since it was both Mother’s Day and Greg’s birthday and other than that we just stayed home and puttered. Greg did get me a card and flowers. And I got him two cards and a 900 dollar well repair. lol
      We were going to go pick up dinner from a nice restaurant in town but when I called they had closed early for Mother’s Day so we ended up driving through Culver’s which was okay since then we could get turtle sundaes. lol
      Greg’s friend Bill (from the Choirboys) is in town (Chicago) to see his Mom so Greg and Tim(other Choirboy) and Bill are going to meet somewhere for lunch later in the week so that will be the first time in a restaurant in over a year-and it won’t even be with me. Oh well.
      Lachlan decided to play baseball this year after a two year break so Jenny will be busy again this summer between him playing baseball and Piper playing softball. And we will be busy watching the games. It will be nice to feel like we are doing something normal again.
      Brent said they are going to a Rockies game this Wednesday so I hope the weather is nice. They are enjoying Colorado and what it has to offer. Where they used to live they were hours away from any kind of entertainment and now they are only an hour away from Denver. So it will be much nicer for future visits too.
      What are the due dates on these new Babies?
      Adele, I hope the gout feels better. I didn’t know it could be bothered by strawberry short cake. Next time I will help you stay well and gladly eat your pieces for you. Aren’t I generous? lol
      Love the gifts and Tillie in her new finery.
      Gail

Attachments:
    • adele shanbar
      Participant

Lol Gailster !!!
      It’s the whipped cream on snd kn the cake. Lll
      I’ll attach a pic of it again. It’s loaded with delicious whip cream frosting
      Also attaching a pic of the change purse/ credit card holder I did with the lining
      That is great news all around. Life is slowly returning Thank God
      Adele

Attachments:
    • Colleen
      Participant

Hi Adele,
      I forget names really easily. My sister and I were talking the other day and she is remembering all these names and there was no way that I could. She is 10 years older then I am. It is scary.
      We have sunshine again today. I am so glad that we have it two days this week. It was supposed to be raining. It went around us and I am glad that it did. We have had to replant two of our tomato plants. We have had to replace some seed also. I hope the garden was not put out too soon this year. The weather is so crazy.
      You really have been getting gout lately. It is a shame that they do not a medicine that you can take to prevent it. It is a shame that you cannot take the prednisone when you are getting the covid shot. I hope that it stops hurting soon.
      This is weird. If I try to get on here at night I can’t. Early in the morning I can. I do not understand what the problem is. I hope my grand can figure it out for me.
      Colleen

• Colleen
      Participant

Hi Gail,
      Owen is racing again. He has had a few races already and they are close to home. I am not sure if they will travel to other states or not this year. We are thinking about going and watching him Sunday he has two races. We will try to stay for both races if they are not too long.
      None of my other grands are going to play sports this year. You will all be busy this summer with all the games. It is so much fun to watch them play and see all the excitement when they hit the ball.
      We went to a restaurant last week-end and the waitress was not wearing a mask. It was nice to see her face so you know who you are talking to. She said it was nice because you can see people smile again. It is easier to understand what they are saying also.
      I have not heard yet when the baby is due. She does not talk about it that much right now. I think she knows that we are not real happy that she is pregnant again. We will love the baby with all my heart and still love her. I try not to be supportive she will need all of us to be there for her. It is the same guy but he does not live with her. They are not going to get married. I think it was a weak moment.
      Well that is all from here. Have a great day and stay safe.
      Colleen

• Gail Norusis
      Participant

Hi Adele,
      I never realized whipped cream was bad for gout. I thought it was just organ meats mainly. Brent gets gout sometimes too.
      Yes, it feels like things slowly might be getting more towards normal.
      We just firmed up our dates for going up north again this year. It will be nice to get away again. It’s been a long time coming.
      I love things with lady bugs on them. That is really cute!
      Quacker factory always did cute things with lady bugs.
      Yesterday Greg met his friends for lunch and he was out in the parking lot showing them the new guitar that he had made and some guy walked by and looked at it and wanted to buy it. And then he asked if Greg had a business card because he wanted to have one made but Greg told him he just did it for a hobby.
      Gail

• Gail Norusis
      Participant

Hi Colleen,
      We haven’t planted the garden yet as we still had chances of frost. I think by this weekend it will be okay for him to plant. We have been getting asparagus though.
      Do you have problems getting on other sites or just this one? Sometimes it seems like the computers have a mind of their own.
      It will be fun to go watch Owen race. Is it really noisy or not? Are there any kind of bleachers or do you bring your own chairs?
      Of course you all will love the baby and love and support Brook-it’s just that you are all worried about her because having two children at such a young age will make things hard on her-especially if she doesn’t get child support. That is such a big responsibility and I am sure that you all worry that she will be missing out on a lot of things that the other young people are doing. She has had to grow up fast. And we adults know that you have plenty of years of work ahead and we don’t like thinking that things will be hard for her.
      Could you guys please say some prayers for Greg’s oldest brother. Things are not looking good for him. He is in the hospital and can’t breathe and his lungs are collapsing. This is awful.
      Gail

• Colleen
      Participant

Hi Gail,
      We have not gotten any asparagus this year. I do not know if we will get any or not. We have not had much luck with that this year. We have replant seeds once already and two of our tomatoes have been bitten in half.
      This is the only site that I have trouble with. I have no idea why. My grands are here and was looking to see what was wrong with it but it did not do it. That is how it goes. We will try again.
      It is hard to be a mom of one at her age don’t talk about two. We just ask for prayers for her.
      I better go and try to write more later. Have a great night and stay safe.
      Colleen

• Dianne Danielson
      Participant

Hi Ladies,
      Good news. Luke is getting better. The fever is gone, & he was out in their swimming pool yesterday, & probably today. Yes, you read that right, swimming pool. It’s been summer out here!! And it appears it’ll be that way for the rest of the week, maybe into the weekend.. go figure.
      Anyway, he’s doing better. I’m not really sure how much better, but the fever’s gone. I don’t know about the lungs, cough, etc.
      I did something I haven’t done for a year & a half. I got on the bus & went downtown Tues. afternoon!!
      Masks are required, & they have marked seating, where to sit & not to sit so you;re not sitting next to anyone. Only a certain # of passengers are allowed on. I didn’t see any youngsters get on board, mostly older folks.
      I’m being paged so I’ll close for now & will write more later.
      dd

Attachments:
    • Colleen
      Participant

Hi DD,
      That is such good news about Luke. Thank the Lord that he is better. Prayer always helps. It is so hard to believe that he is out swimming already. It is too cold here to even think about getting in the pool. It is good that your weather is that warm usually we are a lot warmer here. This is a crazy spring. I will keep praying that he keeps improving. Kids have a way of bouncing back a lot quicker then we do.
      Have a great night and stay safe.
      Colleen

• adele shanbar
      Participant

Hey Gailster
      Gout is triggered by fats. Any kind. Lots of fat in beef. Also a lot of veggies…. tomato spinach eggplant also shellfish. Oranges. You would be surprised. Too bad Greg said no to that guy. He could have started his own guitar businesses!!
      I’m glad you booked your trip. That is something nice to look forward too.
      Marissa snd Enzo are stopping over to get the cover off the pool. Summer is coming!!
      Hope you have a nice weekend
      Adele

• adele shanbar
      Participant

Hey Gailster
      Gout is triggered by fats. Any kind. Lots of fat in beef. Also a lot of veggies…. tomato spinach eggplant also shellfish. Oranges. You would be surprised. Too bad Greg said no to that guy. He could have started his own guitar businesses!!
      I’m glad you booked your trip. That is something nice to look forward too.
      Marissa snd Enzo are stopping over to get the cover off the pool. Summer is coming!!
      Hope you have a nice weekend
      Adele

• adele shanbar
      Participant

Hi Colleen
      The internet has been weird lately. I’ve had a problem printing receipts and invoices got the business
      Please read the post to Gail for the gout info. Lol
      They do have medicine to prevent gout. It is tricky snd a process. My arthritis dr has been trying to start me on it. But, it has to be at least two weeks after a gout attack and after the two week period for the covid shot nI would have been able to start this week but I’m in the middle of smother gout attack! I can’t win for losing lately
      I hope your garden is not ruined. We have not planted anything yet. It’s been too chilly up here
      Hope your weekend goes well
      Adele

• adele shanbar
      Participant

Hey DD
      Thst is great news. All our prayers have been answered. Thank God. One less thing to worry about
      I heard it was hot out there snd the fire threat was already up. That’s an awful thing!! Fire is fo scary. I hope it not as bad as last years was for you
      Dying to hear from you again!! Please stay safe
      Adele

• Colleen
      Participant

Hi Adele,
      It must be hard to know what to eat if so many things can effect gout. It would be hard to decide or know what to eat. That makes it hard. Do you have a vegetable that you eat or certain other foods the start hurting?
      Our garden is doing fine. We have not had another worm or what ever break the stem of the tomatoes. We have zucchini coming up and some of the beans. I love fresh green beans.
      Not much going on here. Have a great day and stay safe.
      Colleen

• adele shanbar
      Participant

Hi Colleen
      It is very hard with good choices. All I do know is that beef is very bad. On a week that I have beef more it is a real risk. Sometimes I forget that when planning meals. If I make meatloaf I have to be careful about eating leftovers. Or making a roast in the crock pot or zAmerican chop suey Even making chicken soup with the can if tomatoes and adding spinach can do it. It’s a crap shoot. All I know is that I am getting more sensitive and getting more attacks. It sucks
      Hope you are doing well and everyone is healthy at your place!!
      It’s cloudy up here today It’s supposed to get hot this week. Yikes 😳
      Adele

• Dianne Danielson
      Participant

Hi Ladies,
      I hope everyone is doing fine. I’m fine, still being careful. New cases keep popping up & we’re back to high risk. The governor had to back down from extreme risk to high risk. Mostly for the restaurants needing customers.
      Hallie said Luke is now out of isolation. So I guess he’s doing much better. I do know they’ve been out in their swimming pool. It’s been in the high 70s, low 80s the last few days. But the clouds will be returning in a couple days. We’ll get some rain, but not nearly enough!! It’ll be interesting to see what we’ll get for the holiday weekend. Usually it’s wet, windy & chilly.
      I got a couple stories about Snowball to tell ya. You’ve seen pics of my white set of shelves in the living room. Well, I put a towel over the top shelf to hide what’s below. Well I took out my beachy things leaving an empty space hidden by the towel. Well you-know-who found it for a place to hide & sleep.
      One day she was in there, & I was watching tv. There was a dog barking on the TV & she popped her head out to see where that creature was. She was looking everywhere to see where it was!! Pretty soon she comes on out & cautiously looks around the room, then plants herself on the other side of the end table staking out the living room so she could see if that animal came in to get her!! It wasn’t until I got up & went to the kitchen did she come out from hiding. As long as I was sitting on the sofa she wasn’t coming out.
      The other day she got out of the apt. & she made her way down to Critts & she sat there waiting for him to open the door. She all but knocked on his door. Another day I went down to his place & while I was there guess who wanders in like she owned the place. And I thought she was sleeping!!
      Right now she’s laid out on the TV cart so she can keep an eye on me. As long as I’m in sight she’s fine. Sometimes she’s my little white shadow around the house. She is a character.
      But I don’t feel the connection with her that I felt with Jewell. Tomorrow (Monday) marks 2 yrs since I lost her. I still miss her terribly. I miss her getting up here next to me or on my lap or chest while sitting here or in bed. She’d curl up next to me or sleep on my pillow above my head at night.
      Well, I guess I better go get dinner. I’ll talk at ya later.
      Have a great week!!
      dd

Attachments:
    • adele shanbar
      Participant

Hey DD
      So nice to hear from you
      Glad Luke us better. Prayers worked!
      Bobby gets his second shot tomorrow
      I can’t believe it’s been two years since Jewel is gone. That’s a long time snd it seems like yesterday. Of course you miss her She was such a sweetie
      Your new kitty Snowball is a character!! She keeps you company and entertains you all day long. She us a cutie snd I’m glad you have her.
      Our weather will be hit this week. We may hit 80
      I hope your day is going well. Did you see Blue Bloods Friday? Good show
      Adele

• Dianne Danielson
      Participant

HI Ladies,
      Adele, I’m so sorry for your loss. I can’t imagine what you’re going thru right now. I’m sending prayers, hugs & lots of love to you all.
      Boy, we were in the low 80s over the weekend, & now they’re talking snow in the mts & rain down here in the next day or so. We won’t get the snow down here, but the ski resorts, right after they close for the summer!! I had the AC on over the weekend but it’s back in storage till July.
      I’m watching Snow White on Disney Plus right now. I was afraid I’d have to pay to watch it. Some channels you have to pay for the channel as well as some of their programs. So you pay twice.
      I have another Snowball story for ya. I have a wicker flower basket sitting on the rocking chair. I use it for my artificial flowers, but I don’t have any in it at the moment. So she gets this crazy idea to check it out for a new place to snooze. I couldn’t get the camera ready in time to catch all of it. She goes in head first, with her back side sticking up in the air. She manages somehow to manuever to get in it.
      I try to get a pic or 2 of her, but she’s facing the opposite direction. She almost falls off the chair but doesn’t. I did manage a couple pics, but not sure if they came out. When she realized it was 2 or 3 sizes too small for her to curl up in it, she got out.
      So how’s the mask situation where you live? they tell us the people who are vaccinated are safe to go without one, unless the business requires them. the grocery store I go to still require them. As long as I’m outside it’s fine.
      Well, I guess that’s all for tonight. I hope everyone stays safe.
      dd

Attachments:
    • adele shanbar
      Participant

Hi DD
      Thank you. My neighbor was buried today. Gary went to the wake with our other neighbors yesterday. There is no way I could have gone all that walking especially with the gout still going on
      Then we gave the miscarriage. We knew the pregnancy was iffy because of all the pain she had. But the ultrasound did not show any abnormalities. Only God knows why. She was nine weeks along.
      I pray she will be ok and able to have a baby when she is ready done day. I am worried about her because she is saying it is ok because they were not quite ready for a child I think that is a way gif her to bury this way down low. That’s not good. I have not seen her yet. She had been at her boyfriends.
      I think when we get to Heather’s anniversary next month , this new loss us going to be heartbreaking. I’m back to on snd off crying
      I love your stories about the kitty. Keep them coming!! I need all the smiles I can get!!!
      Adele

• Dianne Danielson
      Participant

Hi Ladies,
      I don’t have alot to say but just wanted to check in & find out how everyone is doing. Seems there’s been alot of tragedies lately. Hallie called me yesterday & told me a relative of her husband was killed in a car accident Sunday. I didn’t know him but it sure upset her.
      Boy it’s sure chilly out here. We’ve had a few showers but no big rain event.
      I’m gonna try to send the pics I took of Snowball in the basket. I was behind her so you’ll be seeing the back of her head & back.
      Well that;s all for tonight.
      dd

Attachments:
    • Colleen
      Participant

Hi DD,
      Snowball is so cute and really does some funny things. She really keeps you entertained. She was a little too big for the basket but she got in there somehow. That would have been bad if she got stuck on there. She really keeps you company.
      How is Luke doing? I hope he keeps improving. That is funny how one day it is hot enough to swim and the next it is too cold. That was nice that after being that sick he could get in the pool and have fun. How long did he have to isolate from the other kids? I think that would be really hard on a boy his age. Kids need to be around their friends.
      We have been getting a lot of rain here. Today is the first day that we did not have any rain at all. It was cloudy all day but we never got any rain. I hope it stays like that for awhile.
      Well that is about all from here. Have a great night and stay safe.
      Colleen

• Colleen
      Participant

Hi Adele,
      I am sorry to hear that your neighbor died. It is really sad. How is Amanda doing? I hope she is doing ok. It is hard to miscarry like. She has been in my prayers. She is lucky to have you around to help her thru this.
      Owen came in first place at the races last Saturday. He was so excited. They were supposed to have two races but they couldn’t because it started raining. The track gets too slick when it rains on it. So hope fully he will win the nexr week
      Well that is about all from here. I keep dozing off. I cannot believe I am so tired. Have a good night and stay safe.
      Colleen

• adele shanbar
      Participant

Hi DD and Colleen
      I’m so sorry about Hallies friend. That’s awful. Did he have children he left behind? It’s so awful to see someone did from an accident
      I love the pics of snowball. She is a delight to watch and hear about She had quite the personality
      It had been sunny and warm up here. No rain. We’re in a drought

Congrats to Owen. When is the next competition?
      I have not seen Amanda. She us still at the boyfriends. Have not spoken to her as she wants some space per Marissa. She seems to be denying anything happened. If that’s how she gets through the day I have to support her. She does not want to talk about what happened. We don’t even know how it happened or what the circumstances were. She is nut talking
      I cried at the drop of a hat yesterday. It will get better.
      I finished Tillies coin purse that goes with the glasses case I did for her. Pic sttachef
      Adele

Attachments:
    • Colleen
      Participant

Hi Adele,
      He races again this week-end. After school is out he will race in different states. I can’t believe that kids this young race like that. You would think they would stay closer to home. Times are changing.
      It is hard to talk about losing a baby. Maybe she will in time. I guess sometimes you cannot help but feel like it is your own fault. I know I felt like that when I miscarried. My doctor told me that sometimes it happens because there is something wrong with the baby and so we lose them. It still is hard.
      Tillie’s coin purse is so pretty. She is really going to like it and the glass case. Did you make them for a special event or just because you love her.
      Have a great day and stay safe.
      Colleen

• Colleen
      Participant

Hi DD’
      I am so sorry to hear Of Hallie’s loss. Did this gentleman have children that still lived at home? I will pray for them and they get thru this okay. This is a year for tragadies.
      How is Snowball doing? I am glad that you send pictures they make us smile and forget our problems for awhile. She does such funny things. She really finds different places to try and lay down. She must be a lot of company for you.
      That is all from here. Have a great day and stay safe.
      Colleen

• Gail Norusis
      Participant

Hi Everyone,
      DD it’s fun to hear about Snowball’s antics. I am glad that Luke is feeling better.
      I’m sorry to hear about Hallie’s husband’s relative. I will say some prayers for the family.
      Colleen, it sounds like Owen is really doing good with the racing. How far will he travel for races this summer. Do they go to other states?
      Adele, I was sorry to learn about Amanda. I will pray for her also. However she chooses to deal with this all you can do is support and love her.
      We got home yesterday from our trip to North Carolina. After we got home and brought our luggage in I went upstairs and took a three hour nap. We sure weren’t expecting to be burying Greg’s oldest brother a few weeks ago. This all came on very quickly and we still don’t know what caused him to get sick and die. We suspect after his wife died he didn’t take good care of himself. Plus she died at the end of January 2020 and right after that covid happened so he was probably so isolated and his sons think that played a part too. They tried to get up to see him as much as possible.
      We left Monday morning and got into NC at around two on Tuesday and were able to meet with Greg’s other brother and sister for a half hour before going to the funeral home for a private viewing for family only. After that Phil’s sons took us all out to dinner.
      The next day was a half hour visitation at the church before the mass. They had a wonderful priest who performed the mass and a cantor who sang. His oldest son presented a beautiful eulogy. After the service they had a bugler from the armed services who played taps and of course the military members folded the flag.
      Phil was a captain in the army before joining the CIA and of course we never knew what he did there as it was all confidential. We did learn a few things that we never knew before after his passing but most of what he did was and remains classified.
      After the mass there was a reception at the retirement village where he lived where they served drinks and appetizers. After that we all adjourned to a bar in the same retirement village because the boys wanted to see if their uncles and aunt could identify some family members in some old pictures that they found. They also brought in a guitar because they wanted Greg to sing and play some. And my one nephew sang and played some songs too. After that they drove my SIL and her husband to the airport and we left to get some dinner with Greg’s brother and his wife before they had to leave for the airport too.
      The actual burial was two hours away on Thursday at a mausoleum somewhere-I think it was a family plot from his wife’s family. But only his sons went to that. We took off for home on Thursday morning and drove to right outside of Indianapolis and stayed for the night. I hated being so close to my sister and not getting to see her but we just wanted to eat and get to sleep to drive the rest of the way the following day. Greg was very anxious to get home and tend to his green and his garden.
      Today he went to see if that bad tenant had moved out of the apartment yet. The whole place is just trashed. I don’t want Greg to have to go in and get rid of the stuff and clean it out so I am looking for a service that we can hire to do it for us. He is just disgusted. Plus her daughter that lived with her had a new baby and we cant believe that you would raise a baby in that filth. So now these awful habits will just get passed through the generations.
      Greg is fed up and he is ready to sell the apartment building. It’s fine with me as it doesn’t really make much money and now it is going to cost us quite a bit to fix that apartment and he is getting too old to have to go over there and clean and mow and whatever else he does. It’s really a responsibility that we no longer need.
      So that’s what we have been up to.
      I hope everyone is good and enjoying some nice weather.
      Gail

• Gail Norusis
      Participant

I forgot to mention it was so weird going from staying totally at home for 15 months to traveling and going in hotels and eating in restaurants. We really jumped in with both feet.
      Mask wearing was hit and miss. We went into most places just wearing them automatically as you don’t know what local laws are. At rest stops we saw some people with masks and some without. I’m glad that we were fully vaccinated before this all happened.
      We did hug our relatives and I know all us older ones are vaccinated.
      What a weird year this has been.
      Gail

Attachments:
    • adele shanbar
      Participant

Hi Colleen
      I didn’t realize you had a miscarriage too. So many people have and just don’t talk about it. My friend end Nancy had two before she had her son
      I’m sorry you had to go through that. It’s so hard not to feel like it was your fault
      I hope your grandson’s team wins!!
      It is going to be 90 up here today. 😩
      I just like doing needlepoint. Lol. Attaching pic of one I did for me and the glasses card Zi stated gif Steph
      Adele

Attachments:
    • Gail Norusis
      Participant

Ladies-I just discovered some really sad news. I was wondering about why we hadn’t heard from Sue.
      I emailed her yesterday because she hadn’t been on here in a while. Then I started looking on Goodreads as I normally get updates when she finishes a book as we are friends on there. I saw there had been no recent updates. So I put in her name-her town name and obituary into a search and her name and obituary came up. She died Saturday April 17, 2021. I have no idea what happened and there is no one left to ask that I know of.
      This is so sad and breaks my heart once again.
      Maybe if you all see this at 5 o’clock today we could all bow our heads and say a prayer for her and wish her goodbye.
      All the rest of you please stay healthy!
      Love and hugs,
      Gail

Attachments:
    • adele shanbar
      Participant

OMG Gailster
      I was supposed to get a notice from her funeral home so at least one person could send flowers to her funeral. I did not get anything. I hope someone did something for her. That is just awful. Prayers sent fir her soul. God rest her soul
      That is two beautiful people we lost this year
      Prayers and hugs
      Adele🙏🏻🙏🏻♥️♥️😩😩

• Colleen
      Participant

Hi Gail,
      Thank you for letting us know. That is really sad that she has died. I wonder if she had anyone at all. That is so sad. I wish we knew what happened she has not said anything about being sick. I will say a prayer for her at 5pm.
      Colleen

• Colleen
      Participant

Hi Ladies,
      This is really sad. We have lost two of our good friends on here and who knows how many others that were friends from the past. We met so many on here. Some who kept on chatting and a lot of others that did not. I miss them all.
      Owen did not finish the race yesterday. He was really upset. He has another race today but have not heard yet how he did. I hope he places first or second this time.
      Adele I think that their are a few of us that have miscarried. It is just something that happens and there is nothing that can be done about it. We just have to pray that we can get pregnant and we will carry full term.
      It must have been nice for Greg to see his family. That is a sad thing about funerals it is usually the only time the whole family gets together when we are older. I am glad that you and Greg got to go to the funeral.
      It must have seemed weird to go on a trip for that long. Was it any different staying in motels then before? We were thinking about taking a trip next fall but will see how things are going. We will be driving like you did. I am not sure where we will be going. We just want to get away for awhile.
      That is terrible about that tenant that tore up the apartment. I hope that you can find a service that will clean it out for you and you and Greg do not have to do it. It would be nice if you could sell them so you do not have to put up with this stuff anymore.
      Well that is about all from here. Have a good night and stay safe.
      Colleen

• Colleen
      Participant

Hi All,
      For some reason Sue and I did not get along very well for awhile. I did like her though. She had a rough time and worked hard ever since I knew her.
      I hope she rests in peace.
      Colleen

• adele shanbar
      Participant

Hi Colleen
      Sue’s passing is so terribly sad. I promised her I would send her flowers to get grave. She gave my info to the funeral director when she paid for her funeral
      I did write them a note asking why I was not contacted and if they can still send flowers to the gravesite for me
      I am amazed by how many women have had miscarriages. It must be more common than I realize. It is still a terrible loss for everyone
      I hope you have a good night.
      Please everyone……. stay upright and alive!!!
      We need to hear from DD!!
      Adele

• Dianne Danielson
      Participant

Hi Ladies,
      I’m at a loss for words. I’m in shock just like you all must be. I didn’t realize she had been sick. I guess we’ll never know. I thought she had gotten the vaccine,but maybe she had a bad reaction to it or something. It’s still lurking out there folks. Don’t get too over confident yet. Please stay safe, be verrrry careful!! I still wear a mask when I go into a store. I go without only when I’m sure there’s no one around when going to the store. it’s so up & down out here we don’t know which way is up or down.
      It’s again spreading & we were supposed to be back in lock down again but a lot of people were having fits so the gov. backed down a bit. So I guess the best thing to do is keep doing what we’ve been doing by staying safe. I just hope the ones who are refusing to stay safe don’t give it to others.
      Our weather is like a roller coaster. We had a few days of summer like weather a few days ago, now we can’t get out of the 50s or 60s. They’ve called for rain but I sure haven’t seen much. Next weekend is supposed to get into the 80s for the holiday weekend. Usually it’s stormy for Memorial Day weekend. I’ll believe it when I see it!
      I don’t have any plans for the holiday weekend. Do you have any plans for it?
      Gail, I’m sorry for your loss of your bil. I’ve heard of spouses dying from broken hearts, loneliness, especially when they’ve been together for decades. How’s Greg doing with his bro’s passing?.
      Oh whenever I see someone around the bldg & they ask how I’m doing, I always say I’m still vertical & still breathing. Or I woke up this morning so it’s a good day.
      Well, that’s all I have for tonight.
      Take care, stay safe, stay well.
      dd

Attachments:
    • adele shanbar
      Participant

Hi DD
      I’m so glad to hear from you
      I can’t believe we lost two people this year on the site. We all need to have someone in our families or friends commit to let someone know on here what happened to us. So sad we even have to think of that
      I’ll let everyone know if I hear from the funeral home. If I don’t hear , I may send my email to their local paper. She did not deserve to die so alone. One phone call was all they were asked to go. I am sure she paid thousands to be buried. One dam phone call would not have killed them
      Please continue to stay safe
      Love
      Adele

• adele shanbar
      Participant

Hi DD
      I’m so glad to hear from you
      I can’t believe we lost two people this year on the site. We all need to have someone in our families or friends commit to let someone know on here what happened to us. So sad we even have to think of that
      I’ll let everyone know if I hear from the funeral home. If I don’t hear , I may send my email to their local paper. She did not deserve to die so alone. One phone call was all they were asked to go. I am sure she paid thousands to be buried. One dam phone call would not have killed them
      Please continue to stay safe
      Love
      Adele

• Gail Norusis
      Participant

Hi Everyone,
      DD-I like the picture of the rooster pouring the coffee. it made me smile. I guess he needs it to wake up so that he can crow at 5 in the morning. lol
      I didn’t know if we were doing anything this weekend but Jenny just emailed and asked if we wanted to cook out. We will keep it simple burgers, chips watermelon etc. I know tomorrow it’s supposed to really cool down for a few days and then heat back up. You asked how Greg was doing after the loss. He’s doing pretty good. But he’s been really cranky about the tenant that moved out and left the apartment trashed so I guess maybe it’s a combination of things. He’s usually very even tempered-so much more so than me. lol
      Colleen, we all knew that Sue could sometimes be a bit prickly and very blunt and if she disagreed with you she didn’t mind letting people know. But as you told me once-Sue is Sue-so I guess we all kind of got used to it.
      You have been on here the longest so you have seen a lot of people come and go. I came on in 2010 and you and Sue were already here-who was here first? Do you remember? I too think Sue had kind of a rough life. I think she spent many years taking care of ailing parents. And you are right she was a hard worker. I’m glad she had a few years to enjoy retirement.
      You asked about the motels when we were traveling-it was kind of weird as you never saw anyone else in the lobby. We never rode an elevator with anyone else. People really stuck to their rooms. Of course there was no breakfast buffet or waffle maker anymore. Everything was prepackaged. Stuff like cereal, yogurt-breakfast sandwiches that you could heat in a microwave, package hard boiled eggs. Very different. Milk and OJ in little cartons like you would get at school. But we felt pretty comfortable. More than I thought I would after being at home seeing no one for 15 months.
      We will be going to a wedding in July and also up north some time this summer.
      I doubt Greg will be able to go to Canada again this year as we don’t know when the border will be open.
      Adele, I actually cooked for about the first time in two weeks last night. didn’t you feel the earthquake when I did? lol I will probably cook tonight too.
      Gail

Attachments:
    • Gail Norusis
      Participant

Here’s a blast from the past. My sister just recently posted this on Facebook.
      It was me as the maid of honor at my best friend from college’s wedding.
      I was probably about 20 years old then. Yikes! Where has the time gone.

Attachments:
    • adele shanbar
      Participant

Hello everyone
      Gail, I saved your pic. We have been painfully reminded we may not have a pic of each other!
      Attached is a pic of the floral arrangement the nice florist in Louistown Pa did for Sue’s grave. The florist’s name is Pam. She suggested a silk piece so it lasted longer. I asked for the sparkle and shine, in honor of Sur and our head Quacker, Jeanne. May they both Rest In Peace
      April Henderson if the Henderson funeral home was very nice. She checked and said my name had never been added to call. She was nice enough to deliver the flowers to the grave for us. They will be there on Thursday and she will take a pic.
      We lost two Quacker this year. Let’s not lose any more!! Please everyone, stay upright and safe!!
      Marissa went to the doctor. She is fine. They said it is just her body’s way of ovulating this month. Thank God.
      Hope everyone is good
      Adele

Attachments:
    • Gail Norusis
      Participant

Hi Adele,
      I’m glad Marissa is okay.
      They sure did a good job on the flower arrangement. I hope it doesn’t get rained on at least for a little while.
      That is an old picture. I had forgotten about it and was surprised when my sister posted it. I don’t know exactly whey she did.
      I only wished I still looked like that. Now I am a wrinkly old lady. lol But at least I am still upright and kicking and plan on staying that way.
      We are going over to Jenny’s sometime this weekend for a barbecue.
      I guess I missed seeing the blood moon last night. I forgot to look when I got up at night to go to the bathroom.
      Gail

• adele shanbar
      Participant

Hey Gailster
      Gary commented on the moon too. I forgot to check it out as well. Lol
      They did go a nice job!
      I am not sure if anyone will be here gif a bbq. Even so, I got the stuff yesterday thst I have been missing for summer bbq…. chips ,dip mixes, watermelon, pickles, veggies to eat with dip, ice tea, zucchini to make zucchini bread. So we are set even if it is 4 of us
      Gary is reminding me the girls don’t come here because this house reminds them too much of their mother. I think he is right. Steph says that all the time. She comes here and is sad. Marissa us going to a birthday party so they won’t be here. She says she will stop by sometime over weekend
      I hope you guys have a good time at Jennys!!!! You deserve a lot of hugs snd Piper stories
      Love Adele

• Dianne Danielson
      Participant

Hi Ladies,
      I hope everyone is okay & doing fine. I’m fine. I want to thank you for putting my name on the flowers for Sue. I wouldn’t have the slightest idea of how to get something out there. No, I’m neither mad or upset with any of you. No need for concern. It’s a shame there wasn’t someone to let somebody know about her. Altho I’m in the same situation. Living alone & all. Having no family ties anymore.
      I do have another Snowball story for ya. Last night she was sitting at the door screaming her head off at me!! I think she was swearing at me. I kept telling her NO, but it didn’t do any good. Finally I went to find out what the problem was. I heard voices out in the hallway. As soon as I opened the door she ran out. Turned out 2 of the neighbors were talking at the end of the hallway. She sauntered down the hall to get some pets & attention. When she got it, she headed back but when she saw I was right behind her she took off like she was in a race. She ended up at the elevators, so I had to get her back. She saw me coming & she took off again & went back into the apt. Then she was happy. She got some attention & some exercise, as I did too.
      Well, I guess that’s all for tonight.
      Take care, stay safe & stay well.
      dd & Snowball

Attachments:
    • adele shanbar
      Participant

Hi DD
      I’m glad to hear from you
      OMG. Do you think she would get in the elevator? You need to put your name snd address on her collar so people can bring her back to you! She sure is a funny kitty
      I’ll attach pics the funeral director sent of the flowers in Sue:😍’s grave
      It’s goin to be a lousy weekend up here Rain rain rain. I guess that ends my idea of a bbq
      Attaching a great recipe I did yesterday in the crock pot. Gary loved it. He said he loved the taste. Of course he had no idea it had sour cream in it. Lol
      I hope you will have a nice Memorial Day weekend
      Luv ya
      Adele

Attachments:
    • Colleen
      Participant

Hi Gail,
      Sue was on here before I was. There was a whole different group on here then. They just came and went. I think this group now has been on here the longest. I am glad because we have made friends and all care about each other. I wish that we had a better way to keep track of Sue and DD. It would be nice if we could just get on here every day and just say Hi I am ok. That way if we do not hear anything from someone for awhile we can check on them. We can let each other know on our other web sites because right now I can not get on here every day.
      We were supposed to have a picnic today with Ron’s family but it was so cold we had to move it inside. e had a really nice day and a lot of good food. It was good to see all the nieces and nephews. My kids could not come. Mandy and Brook had to work, Kylie went to six flags and Danyielle had already made plans. Hopefully they will all be there for the Christmas dinner. It was just fun to see every one. All the great nieces and nephews are so tall and getting older.
      That will be strange not being able to eat a good breakfast at the motel. We will find a place to eat breakfast at a restaurant. I like yogurt but have to have something else to go with it or my sugar will drop. That will seem weird. We are wanting to go to South Dakota. Ron wants to see the crazy horse statue. I do not know what else he wants to see I have not looked to see what else there is to do there.
      I hope that Greg and his buddies will be able to go to Canada again and go fishing. They should lift the band from people going into Canada. It would be nice if they could go.
      I hope that you got together with Jenny and the kids. I know that it is cold outside here. I wish it would get warmer but it is supposed to get down to 42 tonight. I hope that it does not do damage to the garden. I hope it doesn’t ruin your plans for the week-end.
      Well that is about all from here. Hope you have a great evening and stay safe.
      Colleen

• Colleen
      Participant

Hi DD,
      I wish that you could give one of us a number or some way we can make sure that you are okay. There has to be away. What about the people that manage the apartment building where you live. I really am concerned and do not want this to happen again. We want to make sure that we can send you flowers and make sure people know that you are cared for and loved as a friend. I hope that we can figured this out.
      That is funny about Snowball. You are lucky that she did not get in the elevator. She knows how to get attention when she wants it. She must be hard to catch once she takes off. She is really a lot of company and that makes it nice.
      It is really cold here so we cannot go outside and do much. I do not think that we will be able to do anything outside this week-end. How is Critt? Will you two get together for dinner this week-end? It would be nice if you could.
      I wrote most of what is going on in my post to Gail if you want to read it. Well that is about all from here. Have a great night and stay safe.
      Colleen

• Colleen
      Participant

I hope that everyone has a Happy Memorial and you get to do something fun for the day.
      Colleen

• Dianne Danielson
      Participant

HI Ladies,
      I hope everyone is having a good holiday weekend. I’m sorry to hear the East coast is having such a wet weekend! It’s usually saved for us. We usually don’t get good weather till after the 4th of July!! We could use the rain out here tho. Put out fires, ease the drought, you name it!!
      Colleen, I’ll check with Hallie & see if I can give you guys her phone or visa versa. Would it be okay if I was to give her your names & addresses? I don”t have your phone #s. Let me know, please. Thx
      I had T bone steaks, potato salad & corn on the cob for our Sunday dinner tonight.
      It’s gonna be interesting to see if there’s another surge of Covid after this holiday weekend. With all the parties, etc going on.
      I ordered a few new things from Denim& Co. this week. Some of my things are like decades old!!
      Well, that’s about all for tonight.
      Take care, stay safe, & stay well.
      dd

Attachments:
    • Gail Norusis
      Participant

Thank you to all our military service men and women. Those who are serving now and those who served in the past. Our gratitude now and forever.

Attachments:
    • adele shanbar
      Participant

Hi DD
      Absolutely! Of course you can give Hallie my info.
      I am saving that pic of you with your kitty. I am so sorry we hav no pic of Sue.
      It’s gross up here this weekend. It stopped pouring enough so Bobby could make hamburgers and sausage in the grill tonight. I have a zucchini bread. It was just me snd aGary, Bobby, Tillie snd Ananda.
      I’m glad you got some nice things from Denim and Co. I like their stuff
      How was your weekend? Did you get to spend time with Critt?
      Hope you have a good evening
      I finished the Marjhong coin purse for my SIL. Also finished Stephs eye glass case for her birthday. Pic attached

Attachments:
    • adele shanbar
      Participant

Happy Memorial Day to everyone!!!!

Love
      Adele

• adele shanbar
      Participant

Well said Gailster
      Ditto……..

• Colleen
      Participant

Hi DD,
      You can give Hallie my information also. We want to be sure everyone is okay and doing well. I hope we never find out about another friend on here like we did Sue.
      Your dinner sounds really good. Corn on the cob is kind of high here right now. It was 40 cents an ear here. I guess that I am just cheap. It should come down in price soon. This weather is crazy here. We will not have any tomatoes in our garden until the end of June or the middle of July. The weather is warm on day and cold the next. We have had to replant the cucumbers twice.
      Hi Adele,
      We grilled today also. We had pork steaks, cheddar stuffed sausages and hamburgers. Mandy came over and brought Brook and Grayson with her. Grayson is into everything and gets around really fast. I could not believe that he can get into so much is such a small amount of time. He eats everything you put on his plate. He is really getting to be a big boy. I can hardly pick him up.
      I really like your glass case and coin purse that you made. I wish that I had your talent. I am not good at making anything any more. I use to do latch hook but they do not have that around any longer
      Hi Gail’
      I agree with what you posted. I hope that people remember why we celebrate this day. They did some interviews on the street and they were asking young people why we celebrate Memorial day. They did not know. All they knew is that it was a day off of work. That is just so sad.
      I hope you had a good day today.
      I hope all of you have a great night and stay safe.
      Colleen

• adele shanbar
      Participant

Hi Colleen
      If you did latch hook you can do needlepoint. Get yourself a small kit from Amazon. The ones I am doing are called Alice Peterson needlepoint kits. You would live them. They come assembled with the backs on them with zippers. They are so much fun to do
      I get a catalog that has a ton of latch hooks. Next time it comes I’ll send you a pic of it
      How is your granddaughter doing with her pregnancy?
      I saved DD’s pic she posted so I have one of her. I’m so sad we don’t have one of Sue
      I did needlepoint all through the gross weather we had. Lol
      I hope your weather is good. It stopped raining up here. Still a little overcast. I was so sore it was hard to move. I’m glad the rain stopped !!
      Adele

• adele shanbar
      Participant

Hi Colleen
      If you did latch hook you can do needlepoint. Get yourself a small kit from Amazon. The ones I am doing are called Alice Peterson needlepoint kits. You would live them. They come assembled with the backs on them with zippers. They are so much fun to do
      I get a catalog that has a ton of latch hooks. Next time it comes I’ll send you a pic of it
      How is your granddaughter doing with her pregnancy?
      I saved DD’s pic she posted so I have one of her. I’m so sad we don’t have one of Sue
      I did needlepoint all through the gross weather we had. Lol
      I hope your weather is good. It stopped raining up here. Still a little overcast. I was so sore it was hard to move. I’m glad the rain stopped !!
      Adele

• Gail Norusis
      Participant

Starting a new chat for June-see you there.

• Colleen
      Participant

Hi Adele,
      Brook is doing okay. She still does not know her due date. She goes to the doctor on the 16th. I have no idea why it is taking so long to get in unless we are going to have another baby boom. lol
      I would like to see the cover of the magazine and I can send for it. I need to do something around here instead of just sitting. It seems like we have been in the house for a long time.
      We had a lot of rain here and it has been really chilly. I do not know when we are going to warm up again. I would like to have some warm weather but not really hot. I guess that I am getting really picky now.
      How is Amanda doing? I hope she is feeling better and over losing the baby. It is hard to go thru. I am glad that she was there for Memorial day. Is she living there again or has she moved? MY grandsons have been texting me lately. It is funny. Owen just got his cell phone and he is really excited about it. It is fun when they text because they really do not have a lot to say.
      Have a great night and stay safe.
      Colleen

• adele shanbar
      Participant

Hi Colleen
      I’m glad Brook is doing ok. Weird how she does not have a due date. I bet it is around the date we had…. Dec 21
      Amanda seems ok. I did not mention it and neither did she. I think that’s the way she wants it, so that’s ok
      When I get that catalog , I’ll let you know. It comes every once in a while.
      I got the plantings done on the deck. I took pics. But I forgot to take a pic down the stairs. I have 4 plants going down the first four stairs. Lol. I was so sore and exhausted
      Here’s a funny for you. Gary was getting the old dead plants out of the window boxes for me. He was struggling to get them out. So , I said just pull the whole thing up by the stems and throw it over the deck. He first said I was nuts. Then he did it. He threw 4 window box insides over the deck rail. They came out in one piece as big as the window box because it was so root bound. Lol. Lol. Then all that had to be done was put the debris ( which stayed in one piece) into the leaf bags and Bobby will take them to the dump. Lol. Lol. Then he put in fresh dirt for me and I did the rest. I emptied the small pots on the deck cause they were not as heavy
      How’s that for team work?? Lol
      Pics attached…..
      Adele
      Very gloomy snd humid up here. It’s going to pour shortly. Then it will be 90. Yuck!!!
      Also attached pic of bubble toys I got for the boys….. Aizen and Santino

Attachments:
    • Gail Norusis
      Participant

Come join us on the new chat page for June.

• adele shanbar
      Participant

Omg
      I’ll try to get there again
      Adele

Viewing 82 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Share on Facebook
Facebook
Pin on Pinterest
Pinterest
Tweet about this on Twitter
Twitter
Email this to someone
email

Share this with a Smile
X Close
Watch QVC
top finds links QVC LIVE QVC PLUS QVC UK