Quacker Chat for March 20212021-03-01T09:19:58-05:00

Home Forums General Quacker Chatter Quacker Chat for March 2021

Viewing 102 reply threads
  • Author
      Participant

Hi Everyone,
      Colleen, I didn’t notice that the president was talking funny. I figure we all get a bit mixed up at our age. lol
      I see they have now approved the Johnson and Johnson vaccine. I would rather have the other two even though they take two shots as I think they are more effective but I guess I will take what I can get when it comes around here.
      We are supposed to have a nice warm up this week. We already have a lot of snow melt although we still can’t see the ground. We change the clock in a couple of weeks so that will be good. More daylight. Sometimes during the darkest times of winter it seems like this will never come.
      Sue, I think you will like the direct TV. I have never had it but Jenny used to and it seems to work pretty much like Dish.
      I think you and I are the only soap watchers here.
      Adele, you have had a lot of gout this year. Your poor foot.
      I didn’t know that you had gotten an appointment for the vaccine. Where were you supposed to get it? How did you find it. Our friends used one of those vaccine finder services but they had to travel quite a ways. If you do have to go for bloodwork I think you will be safe. I feel like the hospital and doctor’s offices are some of the safest places as they have the most strict protocols.
      Greg and I both have blood pressure checks later today at the same doctor’s office so we will be going together. He’s at one and I’m at two.
      So it will be like a date. lol This is what we’ve come to-doctor office dates. lol
      Thanks for all the compliments on the guitar. i will pass them on. He doesn’t plan on selling it. This is the third one he’s built. If he had to charge for his time it would cost a million dollars as he puts so much work into them to make them look perfect and sound good.
      Gail

Attachments:
    • adele shanbar
      Participant

Hey Colleen
      Biden has a speech impediment He has a stutter. It was made very public when he helped that little boy during the campaign
      The pro Trump channels try to make it look like he has a problem. He does not. It is pretty disgusting that they do that. But what do you expect from people who still think he won and is not responsible for killing 4 people in the Trump insurrection on our Capital? He is such an evil person and his supporters will try anything. I am worried about their next threat to attack the Capital and kill as many legislators as they can. I think the date is March 5th or the day Biden addresses Congress. Not good at all. They want to start a civil war
      I can’t believe this is all happening.
      My ankle is better on the prednisone. I’m getting so tired of arthritic issues. But I have to live with them. I not eating a lot of red meat or high fat contents foods. We eat more chicken than beef. It just makes no sense unless it is the veggies that cause them. A lot of good veggies I love cause gout…,, spinach, eggplant, tomatoes etc. lol
      We are getting a storm today but it is rain. We are getting high wind alerts The rain last night took away a lot of the snow
      I’m sorry your daughter is so far away. That is awful for you and the kids. You will miss them. It’s hard to be a single Mom. She needs your support snd it’s hard so far away. I will add a prayer for them and you cause I know you worry like I do
      How has your leg been doing??
      Spring is coming…. it is going to be in the low 50’s this week accept tomorrow. Tomorrow it will be freezing

Gailster
      That guitar is so pretty! You must be very proud of the Gregster
      We called the 211 number and went on line for the shot. Then we got a call from our local hospital The hospital is calling their patients for shots. Gary goes today. I have to wait cause of the prednisone
      I love our hospital. It is Melrose Wakefield Hospital in Melrose
      Our doctor is not doing the shots. But they don’t have to cause the hospital next door is doing them. I was so excited about that until I got the gout attack
      I’m making a zucchini bread today. Have not made one since Heather died. It was her favorite. I have wanted one for a while.
      You know something. Everyone is making my crock pot recipe for beef short ribs snd loving them. I think that is so funny. I have never seen a recipe take off like that one. It’s so easy snd delicious I can’t make them a lot because they are beef with bbq sauce. Not great for gout. Lol. Then again it seems everything is not good for gout accept carbs. Lol. Even some fruits are bad…. oranges pineapple. It really stinks
      Hope your weather is better than ours today!!
      I finally got the velvet cardigan from Isaac. It is so cuddly I was going to get another one. They reduced the price and they are all gone 😫
      Aizen lost a tooth. He looks so cute with one gone. Lol
      Hope your day goes well. I have to stay working on tax prep. Yuck
      Adele

• Anonymous
      Inactive

They got my TV all hooked up. The man did not have much confidence that I would be able to tape shows when I ask him to show me. So just to see if I could do it I taped GH & its not that hard. Now I need to get use to all the channels. I am sure I won’t watch half of them. To bad you cannot pick out the ones you want for less money. The man working on the TV wore a mask so I put mine on as we were closer together when he was explaining things to me.

I had another nice surprise this afternoon. There was a knock on the door & I thought who can that be so opened the door & it was a friend I use to work with. She brought me a container of homemade soup. I had seen her outside last week & she was updating me on my cousin so she said today that she just wanted to give me some soup.

Adele I don’t know if it works but read if you wrap your joints with cabbage it is to help with arthritis, inflammation & such. I have found mine to be worse when I am in bed but hurts less when up walking around. It sounds crazy but exercise helps. I am sure that is why the doctor wants me to lift weights for my shoulder. I have tried but that is just too painful. Will keep trying.

I got my groceries Saturday. It was crowded but most had masks. I passed one lady not wearing one & glared at her I was not going to say something & get punched. People are nuts these days. Anyway I was tired until I got everything home & put away. But my freezer is stuffed.

• Anonymous
      Inactive

Gail I almost forgot St Patrick’s Day so thanks for the photos. I just keep thinking how early Easter is this year.

• adele shanbar
      Participant

Hi Sue
      Where did you hear about the cabbage on the joints? That is real funny. I can’t imagine how I will look with cabbage wrapped around my ankle. Lol. Lol
      You are going to love the record feature. You can run through the commercials in no time. Think how fun it will be with all the Hallmark holiday movies.
      If you get stuck or can’t figure it out call your Dish company and they will walk you through it. In the beginning aGary would get the TV so stuck it would go black. He was calling them almost every day snd at one point they said we were on the frequent caller list. Lol. Lol. I nearly died laughing. They expect that from us older folks until we get used to the new technology. I’m dying to hear how much you love it!
      I made zucchini bread today. I’m attaching a pic. Bobby did dinner. He got some marinated chicken and it was delicious. We had it with rice and broccoli. I have never bought the lemon Rosemary marinated chicken before. I liked it better than shake n bake! Less salt too
      I’m glad you got the freezer stocked. You will be all set for the up and down weather of March
      Tomorrow I am doing the short ribs and fresh bread with either butternut or acorn squash I may do boiled potato too. Not sure
      Hope you have a good night!!!
      Adele

Attachments:
    • Colleen
      Participant

Hi Adele,
      I was watching the news on one of our local channels. I noticed that he was talking funny and seemed confused. Maybe I am reading him wrong but I use to work the elderly and I had to watch for things like that. If we noticed it we had to take noted and put it in their chart.
      I am so glad to hear that your ankle is better. I thought that was funny wrapping cabbage on your joints. I could just picture all of us running around with cabbage leaves wrapped around our joints. I am not saying anything about Sue it is just a funny thinking about it. I wonder if they tried that out themselves before they printed it.
      Your bread bread looks really good. The dinner that Bobby made sounds really good. I made a big pot of potato soup and have a lot left over. Ron did eat a bowl of it and that was it. Tomorrow I am making boiled cabbage with ham in it. It will be something different.
      My leg is doing better but I need to get better balance. They are working on that at therapy. I fell in the kitchen the other night but did not break anything so I do not have brittle bones.
      Well that is about all from here. Have a great night and stay safe.
      Colleen

• Colleen
      Participant

Hi Gail
      All our snow is gone. It has been raining here for a couple of days and then the sun came out. It has been warmer here also. You never know about March weather. We could have another snow storm or rain. If we get more snow I know that it will not be as much as what all of you get.
      How is Brent doing? You have not said much about him lately. Did he get moved? I cannot remember where he moved to. My mind is going quickly I am getting so forgetful. My nephew moved to the state of Washington. He loves it there.
      I do not which shot I am going to get. I guess it will be which ever one they have here. They were saying that the Catholic church does not want people to get the Johnson and Johnson vaccine. I am going to have to read what the reason was but will read about it later. I cannot imagine why they care which shot we get.
      I missed your memes today. I think you have us spoiled when you do not post any we miss them. Read my post to Adele it has more on that about the President.
      Have a good night and stay safe.
      Colleen

• adele shanbar
      Participant

Omg Colleen!
      I can’t believe you fell in your kitchen. You are so lucky you did not break anything. Did you lose your balance because of your broken leg or slip ? We have to be so careful now because of our ages. Please be careful.
      It is hard to figure out the difference between an issue and a stutter in an older person. We are all so aware of early signs of dementia. It is good that we are. When I see him reaching for words I feel bad for him as it can be so easily misinterpreted. You may have missed when he talked about it snd that little bit was featured on the news. It was very touching for him to talk about his speech impediment and see that little boy get confidence because the President has the same thing
      Gary got his shot. So far he is just very tired. But he is tired every day. I hope he goes not get any more symptoms
      How is your daughter?
      I’m doing ribs today and making a loaf of bread in my bread maker. It’s freezing up here with high winds
      Adele

• adele shanbar
      Participant

Colleen
      What is up with the Church comment on the new vaccine? That is so weird
      I forgot to add I am so disappointed in Gov Cuomo from NY. I love him He has three daughters. I can’t imagine him wanting someone to talk to his daughters like that
      Adele

• Gail Norusis
      Participant

Hi Sue,
      How nice that your friend stopped by with soup. It would be nice to see a friend in person.
      It is nice to get all that shopping done and put away. It is tiring though.
      How early is Easter? It’s in April isn’t it? I know some years it’s really early and is at the end of March.
      You will figure out the TV. Also if you have a question YouTube has tutorials on everything-you can check there. It’s probably easier than calling the company.
      Gail

Attachments:
    • Gail Norusis
      Participant

Hi Colleen,
      I’m so glad that you didn’t hurt yourself when you fell. It’s so easy to do.
      So Ron actually ate a bowl of the potato soup. Good for him. He must have been hungry. lol
      Brent moved to Colorado. He’s doing good. He just sent a picture to Greg of a bunch of bacon buns that he made.
      The reason the Vatican doesn’t want people to take the Johnson and Johnson vaccine was some of the research used embryonic tissue from aborted fetuses-or something like that. I didn’t really understand all the details. But this research goes way way back and I think the other vaccines may have used some of this same material. They use some number to refer to it. I don’t really understand it all. However, I think there’s going to end up being the most of the Johnson and Johnson vaccine as it doesn’t need to be stored at the extremely low temperatures, it’s only one dose and Merck is now making it in it;s facilities too so there will be a lot. Sorry I couldn’t explain it better but that was the gist of it.
      Gail

Attachments:
    • Gail Norusis
      Participant

Hi Adele,
      Your bread looks delicious. Greg made waffles for dinner last night.
      I don’t think actual doctor’s offices are giving shots anywhere.
      Glad that Gary is doing well after his first shot.
      That is sad what has happened with Cuomo. He had been admired for his covid response. I’ll bet he’ll have to step down. Men have to learn to treat women with respect.
      Greg still bumbles around with our remote for the dish and is always recording stuff by accident. I still can’t figure out how he does it. lol
      Gail

Attachments:
    • adele shanbar
      Participant

Hey Gailster
      Thanks for the info on the Church with the shot I had not to heard of the issue at all
      I’m amazed Of the news missed in different states. We get a lot of info from the NY channels because if Nancy’s sister who lives there. They get so much more than we do. Very weird
      Thatt tree s funny about a Greg and the remotes. Gary sometimes gets into life’s I have never seen before and it’s hard to figure out how to close them. Lol
      I am dying to hear how Sue likes her new system!
      I hope DD is ok. Have not heard much from her lately
      There is a show on today at 4. I already got the cardigan in yellow snd the two short sleeve shirts for Tillies birthday and Mother’s Day
      I am pooped today for no good reason. It seems Gary hit the shot snd I got the side affects. Lol. L. He has none accept her is cold
      Have a good one. Glad yo hear Brent us ok!!
      Adele

• Colleen
      Participant

Hi Adele,
      I just lost my balance when I fell in the kitchen. I feel like such a dummy falling like that. I was doing dishes but just loading the dish washer so not a lot water was used. I just am uncoordinated and fall easily. I have to go this month for a mammogram and bone density test. I am not looking forward to that.
      I was not thinking dementia I just thought that he had a stroke and it messed with his speech. I did not mean anything bad when I said that. I was just concerned.
      It is good that Gary got his shot. How long before you can get yours? I have not signed up yet but need to. Ron said that he is not going to get one. He does not trust it. My doctor was getting on to me for not having my shot yet. She also wants me to get checked for covid. I am not around anyone who has it or go out that much.
      Your meal sounds really good. We had cooked cabbage and brisket today. He thought it was really good. I did not eat any because my stomach was giving me trouble today. I will try some of it tomorrow.
      Well that is all from here. Have a great night and stay safe.
      Colleen

• Colleen
      Participant

Hi Gail,
      I had not heard anything about why the church was against getting the shot from Johnson and Johnson. I di not know which of the shots that I will get but will get one of them.
      Ron had to eat the soup because I would not fix anything else. Sometimes I will fix him a sandwich or open a can of soup but decided he can eat what I make or go hungry. I guess that I am getting grumpy.
      Owen’s birthday is tomorrow and he turns 13. We are going over there to pick up diner and give hi his card. He is saving to get something for his computer so we will give him money and his mom is giving him money. So he will be able to get it himself.
      I have never had bacon buns before. They sound good and something different. Is Brent’s girlfriend with him or did she stay is New Mexico? I hope they like where they live.
      The picture of the dog with the blanket over his face makes me think of Grayson. Mandy sent me a picture of him with a bucket over his head. He did that to himself and thought it was really funny. She also sent a picture where he pulled it up and had a big grin on his face. They said he was just giggling with the bucket on his head.
      Colleen

• adele shanbar
      Participant

Omg Colleen!!!
      I would never think for a minute you had any bad intentions about anyone!!!!!
      You hear so much nasty stuff on social media spreading misinformation that makes people mistrust the vaccine and government That is why I terminated my Facebook account. I am protesting their allowing all the lies on there to confuse people. Amanda and Steph won’t get the shot either snd I am so worried about it. Both of them will not believe that there is no live virus in the vaccine. They are convinced the government is out to get them. That is all due to the Facebook lies. It makes me sick. Spreading lies should not be allowed. It is just not right.
      They were spreading lies about Biden too. He has done more good in a month than 45 has ever done in his entire life. That poor man had a huge mess to clear up, and is trying to save everyone from getting sick. I pray he succeeds as he has good home table intentions. Plus he is for everyone…. Republicans and Democrats. I just wish they would try to work with him for the good of ALL the people
      Sorry for the rant. Lol. I’m a little concerned for today. I pray nothing awful happens. These threats make us anxious when we never had anxiety isssues to begin with!!
      I hope you are having a good day and pray everyone in this country is safe today snd every day
      Attaching pic of my little memorial for Heather in my bedroom
      Adele

Attachments:
    • Dianne Danielson
      Participant

Hi Ladies,
      I’m alive!! Sorry I haven’t been on here in awhile, just nothing going on. I got my second shot today. So far NO reactions. Just some discomfort where the needle went in. My scheduled time wasn’t till 2:30-3:00, but they came to get us on our floor at 1:00, so I was done by 1:30, so I’m done. I think only about maybe half the bldg got the vaccine. Home Forward is responsible for setting this all up with Walgreens to get us vaccinated. HF is the property owner (used to be called public housing).
      Colleen, I’m sorry to hear you fell. I know the feeling. My left leg, knee, goes out from under me occasionally, but so far I’ve been able to catch myself before falling. So far!!! Do you have a cane to use? I’ve only had to use it once around the house awhile back, otherwise it’s when I go a long ways that I use it, or the granny cart. I wouldn’t be concerned about Pres. Biden stumbling over the numbers. Our TV news anchors can’t get the numbers right either. They change hourly some days. I stutter myself. Sometimes I get stuck on a word or phrase or miss a word in conversation. Sometimes I wonder if my posts come out right.
      Did any of you see or hear about the golden statue of #45? When I saw it I busted out laughing! The top half was in a business suit, the lower half was in Jamaica shorts the flip flops. If those pin heads of his idolize it, I seem to remember a story of looooooooong ago about a golden statue & what happened afterwards. Just sayin’.
      Are you guys still(!) getting snow? Good Grief! We’ve had a few days of sunny spring like days but the rain returns tomorrow. The mts had hit hard last week with 2-3 feet of snow. I’m pretty sure our days of snow are behind us. Except in the mts. We have an atmospheric river coming our way in the next 2-3 days.
      Snowball is sleeping next to me on a pile of junk I have sitting there. She was naughty earlier this week & was in the dog house for a day or so. I guess she’s trying to make up for it. LOL
      I’ve bored you enough by now, so I’ll sign off for now.
      dd & Snowball
      stay safe, stay well & stay warm.

Attachments:
    • adele shanbar
      Participant

Hey DD
      You do not bore us! We like to hear how you are doing snd that you are ok
      Oh yes. I saw the golden God image. He thinks he is a God to be adored. Not so by the Qanon whack job leader with the horns on his head who was interviewed yesterday in jail. He said he was surprised he had not been issued a pardon from his fearless golden leader. That’s because his fearless golden leader would never do anything for anyone other than himself and it would show even more liability if he pardons any of them. So, how is that working out for them today?
      It is freezing up here. The wind was howling through the trees last night. That sounds so eerie. Lol
      How has Critt been?
      Is Snowball still in the dog house?
      Attaching the pic Joyce sent me of the stockings I made for her and her hubby Ron. She said hers matched with her favorite chair. Ho. Ho. Ho
      Adele

Attachments:
    • Colleen
      Participant

Hi Adele,
      It took me awhile to get back to you because I have been sick. The doctor gave me some new medicine to try so am hoping that this works. I have not signed up to get my shot yet. Not sure where to go for that. I am going to talk to someone about it at Walgreens. They should have information on it.
      I do not listen to the news that often. I mostly watch the weather. If I hear about what is going on in the news Ron tells or my daughters. I quit listening when Ron start listening all the time and it was making him crabby.
      I pray for this country every day. It is just hard to get used to this new administration. I am not a democrat as you all know. I do respect any person that holds the office that they deserve our respect no matter what party we are for.
      I like the memorial you have for Heather. She would like it also. I have a lot of my mom’s statues that she had in her room. They are all Religious statues. She had one of Mary that I bought for her when I went on a trip when I first go out of High School. I could not believe that she still had it and remembered where she got it.
      The stockings that you made for your friends are really nice. The one really did match her chair. It looks like you planned it that way. You are really talented.
      Well that is all from here. Have a great day and stay safe.
      Colleen

• Colleen
      Participant

Hi DD,
      Glad to hear that you are doing ok. Did you have any trouble with the shots? I have heard that different things can happen after you get the shot. Like a really sore arm from where you got the shot or sick to to your stomach for a few days.
      I do have a cane but have never used it in the house. I guess that I might have to if I fall again. I do take it with me if I go shopping or will be on my feet for very long. I hate taking it though it seems to get in the way.
      Our snow is gone and we have not had any since. Our weather is getting too warm to worry about more snow. Now all we have to worry about is storms. I hate tornado weather it is the worse time of the year. I like the warmer weather and the fresh vegetables from the garden but that is about it.
      Snowball is just really sorry for being naughty. She is just like a small child and sounds like she is a lot of company. You were lucky to find her and her turn out to be such a good cat. My daughter’s cat gets crazier all the time. I wish she would get a different one but she loves her cat. He does not like kids and he hisses at all of them. My granddaughter thought that was the noise cats made until she discovered it was just Her aunts cat.
      I love the pictures that you posted they are so pretty. Thank-you for posting them.
      Have a great day and stay safe.
      Colleen

• adele shanbar
      Participant

Hi Colleen
      I hope I did not offend you about my views on the presidents. We all get so emotional because 45 was so nasty to anyone behold did not like or agree with him. You feel you have to defend everyone he picked on
      I have no issue with Republicans. It is the white supremisists that bother me and I know that is not your view. Unfortunately they are presenting themselves as Republicans and that is not what the Republican Party needs. It is giving it a bad name and doing a lot of harm
      I just hope they can come together to do good for the country and the good people of the US
      Thank you for the compliments on the stockings. I do love doing them.
      I hope you do not fall again. It is so scary at our ages. I say a prayer for you and all my Quacker friends to stay healthy and safe as we are getting old and that spooks me. Especially since Barbara died
      I watch the news too much. I cry every time I hear something awful that happens to someone. Even on the good news touching stories. I have been so emotional since Heather died!! Everything makes me cry!!!!
      Please accept my apology if anything I said made you feel bad. I would never want to hurt anyone. I seem to wear my emotions on my sleeve lately. Not good
      Luv u
      Adele

• Colleen
      Participant

Hi Adele,
      You did not offend me at all. We all have different opinions and we every right to express them. So do not ever think that you could hurt my feelings. I did not want to make you feel that way.
      I have to go back to therapy and have them work on my balance. I need to have something done for that. I have the strength in my leg again just need to balance things out when I walk. I just hope they get this all worked out.
      Well that is all from here. You did not make me feel bad. So do not think that. You do not need to send me an apology. Do not ever think that. I am so sorry that I made you feel that way. I understand how you feel right now with the loss of Heather. That is a hard thing to deal with.
      Have a good night and stay safe.
      Colleen

• adele shanbar
      Participant

Hi Colleen
      You go not need to apologize!! I just didn’t want your feelings to be hurt
      I have an idea for you to check out. Do you think because of the break that your legs are not even ? If there is a flight difference, it could account for your being off balance. Just a thought to consider. E we hen bones heal from a break they do funky things
      I am working on our taxes to get them ready for the accountant. It’s mostly the business not the personal ones. Those are simple. Lol. Usually takes me a couple of days to get them all ready and totaled. I hate doing them. Plus a lot reminds me of Heather. Stuff I got for holidays, things I got her etc. You see everything you did for the year and it’s quite evident she is gone. The florist bill, etc. oh well. This is the final last task I will see anything I did for her.
      How are you going missing your Mom? Had it been two years now? Sucks
      Luv u

• Colleen
      Participant

Hi Adele,
      I am not sure. It does not seem like the leg I broke is shorter but it could be. They did not say anything about it when they measured me at the doctor. They say that we shrink as we get older.
      I have really been missing my mom here lately. I think with all that has been going on I would love to pick up the phone and talk to her about it. With Melissa splitting with Stephen and all that was going on with my leg. It is just hard not to be able to talk to her. I know that you feel the same way about Heather. We will get thru this and we will be fine. It is just hard when you are going thru this.
      I really hate tax season. You have to get all that stuff together and hope that you don’t have to pay much for taxes this year. We pay enough taxes as it is. I better not get started on that.
      Our weather has changed so much. It has been really nice outside today. It is supposed to be warmer tomorrow. Well that is all from here. Have a great night and stay safe.
      Colleen

• Gail Norusis
      Participant

Hi DD,
      You are not boring us. We always like to hear from people from our little group.
      It’s interesting that only about half your building got the shot even when it was right there available to them and we are struggling to get one.
      We have had a lot of melting but the snow is still not gone yet. The next few days are supposed to be in the 60’s so hopefully that will take care of it all.
      How could Snowball ever be a bad girl? lol I hope that she is back in your good graces.
      Your pictures are always so pretty.
      Gail

Attachments:
    • Gail Norusis
      Participant

Hi Colleen,
      We will take any shot that we can get too. The roll out in this area is very slow and anytime it does become available the spots get filled up immediately. I am not crazy about getting a shot but I consider it my civic duty to get vaccinated so that we can eradicate the virus and people can move on with their lives. It reminds me of the small pox and the polio vaccines. Everyone got them and the diseases disappeared-at least in this country. And of course now they have vaccines for measles mumps and chicken pox too so kids no longer get them. When we were kids we got all that stuff as there were no vaccines then.
      Happy belated birthday to Owen. I forgot to mention it before. Now he and Kendall are both teenagers. She turned 13 in January.
      Brent’s girl friend and her son did move with him to Colorado. You probably never would have had bacon buns as it is a Lithuanian thing. I never had them before I knew Greg either. Brent was the one would was always interested in cooking stuff with me-Jenny not so much so she never learned how to make some of the ethnic dishes from our families.
      I hope the medicine has helped you. I am assuming it is for your stomach.
      I have had a stomach ache off and on for the last couple of months and they are trying to figure out what is causing it. I am having another test this Thursday where they inject me with something or other. I hope they find an answer soon and it is not something too bad as I am tired of stomach aches. And tired of tests. lol I’d rather take a school test. lol
      Gail

Attachments:
    • Gail Norusis
      Participant

Hi Adele,
      How is the foot?
      That stocking really does match the pattern of that chair. That’s amazing!
      I’m always happy when tax time is done. Except when we have to pay them. lol
      I am glad that you ended up liking the bread machine.
      Now that the snow is melting off the deck we can start barbecuing again.
      I just went to Amazon to order a twelve pack of these baked beans that I like and the price is now 65 dollars for 12 cans. What the heck is up with that? I know they didn’t cost that much when i bought them before.
      I do have a great recipe for home made baked beans but it’s so much easier to have cans around. Plus it’s hard to make a small batch if the home made ones.
      It’s International Women’s Day!
      Gail

Attachments:
    • Anonymous
      Inactive

I am still alive ladies. I have a doctor appt. tomorrow so he can tell me lose weight & drink more water. Maybe I could be a doctor because I could tell people that. I feel like I am starving as I have been trying to watch what I eat so as not to gain weight. Today I had a tossed salad for lunch & for dinner a couple unbreaded chicken tenders & a riced cauliflower broccoli mixture.
      Still waiting to get scheduled for my vaccine. But now teachers are moving to the head of the line. It seems some places are getting vaccine in even here in Pa but not our area.
      We are to be in the 60’s the next few days. I am ready for that. The weekend was cold & windy. Most of our snow has melted. Plenty still in the mountains but here in the valley we just have some piles left that were piled high & places that do not get sun.
      Don’t forget time changes Sat night/Sun morning.

• adele shanbar
      Participant

Hi Colleen
      I hate tax time too. I am happy when we break even. Lol
      I’m almost done. Just have to put all numbers together and make it legible. Lol

I know how you feel. So many things I want to tell her. I talk to her in my prayers every day. If anyone heard me they would think I am nuts. Lol

I’ll attach a pic of the little memorial I made.It’s on my bureau. The tiny urn is some of her ashes.

It was sunny here today. Marissa came by for a few minutes. She had sad things to tell us. Her FIL’s best friend died. Her girlfriends sister has a miscarriage at four weeks. Then Bobby called to sayin Facebook he saw our DIL’s father died That is Gary’s son’s wife. Very sad. Lots of sad news today.
      I hope your day had better news!!
      I will go back to needlepoint if soon….
      Adele

Attachments:
    • adele shanbar
      Participant

Hey Gailster
      I hope your stomach test comes out well and they figure out what is wrong. Keep us in the loop! Prayers sent!!!
      I have noticed some prices on Amazon are out of control. You really have to watch what you buy from them

Sue
      Our weather is nicer now too. Not sure how long it will last
      Take care at the doctors tomorrow. We will all day a prayer it is a good visit and you are in good health.
      Did you get your taxes done? I am almost finished it’s the prep work. I’ll be glad when it’s a done deal snd I can go back to needlepoint
      I had a virtual with my doctor today. After I get the second shot they want to see me in person. My first one is in two weeks.
      I will be saying an extra prayer you will get your first one scheduled soon!!!!
      Have a good night
      Adele

Lol. I already posted the pic of the memorial. Lol

• Colleen
      Participant

Hi Gail,
      It will be nice just to get the shot and get it over with. I hope that we get it here soon. It is just taking too long to get them in our area. I think that all the doctors and nurses have gotten theirs. It took them awhile to get their shots.
      I wonder where the idea from pretzel buns. They were really popular here for awhile but not as much now. We use to be able to get them at Costco but not any grocery stores. I know that Sam’s club is associated with Wal- Mart but I do not know what store Costco is associated with. Maybe they are not. I do not know how to find out.
      It is hard to believe that Kendal and Owen are teens now. They have really been growing. Owen’s voice is getting deeper and he is growing a mustache. He is wanting to shave it off but they do not want him to because it will grow back thicker. So it will be interesting to see if he shaves or not.
      The new pills are for my stomach. I hope that they figured out what is wrong with your stomach. Maybe it will be from stress from all this mess with covid. I think that it is hard not seeing the kids and not celebrating the holidays with family. We have been with our kids. So we do not miss them like we did at first.
      Grayson was here today. He is just walking all over the place. He is getting to be a really good eater too. He likes to sing with Ron. They were singing Twinkle Twinkle Little Star. It was funny. Ron would sing the words and Grayson hums. It was really cute.
      I think that I could learn to speak Mandarin if that is how it is done. lol I am so glad that you are still finding the memes to post. They are so funny. Well that is all from here. Have a great night and stay safe.
      Colleen

• Colleen
      Participant

Hi Adele,
      This was your day for bad news. I cannot believe that all happened so close together. Sometimes it is better not to get out of bed. I could stay home pull the covers over my head and sleep all day.
      Did you get to see Sonny today? I saw Grayson and he is walking all over the place. It looks so funny. He is so little when you watch him walk. He does pretty good but every once in awhile he will lose his balance and fall He falls a lot when he gets tired. Is Sonny walking? They are so cute when they start walking. Grayson can get into a lot more since he can walk. It really helps with his reaching things he is not supposed to.
      We did not hear any news here today. So we must have been really lucky. I almost hate to answer the phone. It has been a long day today. Wish we could find some interesting things to do. It is getting boring around here. Melissa and the kids are here for a couple of days Kaylee fractured her foot and is wearing a brace and using crutches. She has to go back soon to see the doctor to let them check her foot. She was having a lot of pain last night but seems to be better today.
      Colleen

• adele shanbar
      Participant

Omg Colleen
      You are the house of broken bones! I hope her foot feels better in the brace. That’s awful. How did she break her foot?
      Sonny is walking all over the place. He is do tall he is half a head over the kitchen table. I swear this boy is going to be 7 feet tall when he grows up!’
      Marissa had our Jeep because hers is in the shop. She will get it back in a couple of days. She lives driving our Jeep do much she was out a lot yesterday driving around. Lol. It is a 2017 She called me saying she wanted joint custody of the Jeep. Me snd Gary were laughing cause she was having so much fun with all the gadgets in it. Lol
      I woke up so early today. I’m kn bed answering your post. Lol
      The sun is up and shining. Looks like it will be a nice day
      I hope you have a good day
      Adele

• Anonymous
      Inactive

The doctor was pleased today. I lost 8lbs & Blood Pressure was excellent. He had blood work done and wants me to get a bone density test. He always needs to schedule something to get more money. He did give me an injection in my arm so it is feeling some better. He talked like it would get better as the days go on. But it is already less severe.

• Gail Norusis
      Participant

Hi Sue,
      I will be glad to change the clocks ahead. More daylight! yeah!
      Losing eight pounds is great. I can’t even lose one.
      Was the shot in your shoulder? I hope it helps. I had to have a shot in the knee once and it worked like a charm but took a little while to really kick in.
      It’s good to hear from you.
      None of us are doing anything very exciting-especially now. We just like to come here and chat about the little things in life-the weather-what’s for dinner-what we’re reading-what we’re watching-current events. Stuff we all have in common.
      Gail

Attachments:
    • Gail Norusis
      Participant

Hi Colleen,
      I don’t think CostCo is associated with any other store like Sam’s is. I like CostCo better than Sam’s anyway.
      I don’t normally buy pretzel buns so I don’t know where you can get them. I have never had them at home-just in restaurants.
      Grayson sounds so cute. It sounds like he and Ron are buddies.
      How did Kaylee break her foot? Poor thing.
      I remember Owen had a broken arm too and then you had the broken leg. Yikes!
      Gail

Attachments:
    • adele shanbar
      Participant

Hi Sue
      So glad your visit went well. That is great that you lost 8 lbs during the pandemic cause everyone else is saying they gained weight!!! Go Sue!!!’
      Have you ever had a bone test? I had one decades ago
      Isn’t it nice with the sun shining ?
      I’m glad the shot your doctor gave you us making your shoulder feel better
      Hope your day goes well !!
      Adele

• Gail Norusis
      Participant

Hi Adele,
      Thank you for the prayers. I am tired of having a stomach ache so I hope they can get this figured out.
      You had a lot of sad news the other day. I hope today is better.
      You will be getting our warmer weather tomorrow I think.
      We are supposed to get rain today.
      Greg came in yesterday after walking around outside and said the distance to the end of the property has gotten longer. lol
      Now every day he goes down in the basement and uses his virtual reality thing to box. I can hear him grunting down there when he is doing it. So he is using it for exercise. Then he comes up and tells me about the different guys he fought. At least he knows how to keep himself occupied.
      He is also starting on guitar number four-although as soon as the weather warms up he will do mostly outdoors stuff as that is mostly a winter project.
      Gail

Attachments:
    • adele shanbar
      Participant

Hey Gailster
      Greg is funny. He does keep himself busy. Plus he does great work making guitars
      It was a sad day. We have sem so many deaths this year
      Have you seen any deaths since covid?
      Hope your day goes well
      Adele

• Gail Norusis
      Participant

Hi Adele,
      Well the gall bladder test was fine so now we are still trying to figure out what is causing the stomach aches.
      The darn test took about an hour and I had to lay there flat on my back. I was okay until about the last 15 minutes and then I just lay there wishing for it to be done with. I haven’t actually heard from my doctor yet but i already got the online report.
      Greg is starting to bend the sides for the next guitar.
      I am used to him being around all the time now. If he goes back into work a couple days a week after he gets his shots it will be weird again.
      You know we have known people who got really sick but the only people that we know of that died were relatives or friends of friends-not anyone that we knew personally.
      My SIL sends photos from Florida and when you look at those it’s like covid doesn’t even exist. It’s a whole different world. People out without masks, eating in restaurants, visiting. It’s like we live in two different worlds.
      I didn’t hear the president’s talk last night. It must have been pretty short but it did mess up all my recordings. lol
      I just feel so much better with him in charge and facing the covid crisis.
      Gail

• adele shanbar
      Participant

Hey Gailster
      Glad the test is over and the results were good. Gall bladder pain is awful. Gary had it snd landed in the ER a few times then had it out
      I recorded the next shows to make sure I had the ends to all my shows I recorded. Lol
      Biden was brief but human and encouraging. I feel so much better with him and his choices for heads of state in charge They care for the people snd so many people are destitute because of the pandemic. People in line for food all across this land and it is beyond disgusting
      Sun shining up here. Yahoo. The nurse came to take my blood snd urine today. It will be interesting to see where my numbers are. Lol
      Have a good night. Tom Selek is on with Blue Bloods. Love that show!!
      Adele

• Dianne Danielson
      Participant

Hi Ladies,
      I hope this finds all of you doing better. Congrats Sue on your weight loss & good numbers. That’s always a big relief. Keep up the good work!
      I don’t know if any of you know this but I’m gonna let ya know something very sad. Antonella is very sick, not with Covid. I see on her FB page she has breast cancer, leukemia (sp), & something else.
      There’s a GoFundMe page for donations. Not only did she lose her job, but her husband lost his too.. they sold their house & was gonna live on a houseboat(?), but things took a drastic turn. They found a lump on her forearm. then it went from bad to worse. the whole story is on the GFM page explaining it all. I don’t know if I can forward it on here, but I could try forwarding it to your email addresses. I know she has YouTube recordings, recipes she’s done on YouTube. She needs our prayers! I hate to see someone like her going through this! It takes me back to when my mom had breast cancer. But back then they didn’t have the medical advancements they have now.

How’s the weather back there? I heard there’s a huge storm that’s gonna dump a ton of snow in Colorado this weekend. I hope it doesn’t hit you guys. It’s a lovely weekend here, but the rain returns tomorrow.. We finally hit the 60s this week. I pulled out my spring clothes this morning looking for my fave spring/summer blouses, of course they were close to the bottom!! Doesn’t it figure?
      Don’t forget to SPRING FORWARD tonight.
      I’ll get off here before it disappears.
      Take care, stay safe & stay well.
      dd
      PS: I forgot to tell ya about Snowball. Lately, she’s been coming up to me & gets on my lap or my chest. She comes bounding from where ever she’s been sleeping, talking all the way. She’ll jump up on the sofa, get on my lap & will stay there for quite awhile. It’s been difficult to get her to do that. She hasn’t done that on her own before. Jewell used to do it all the time.
      dd

Attachments:
    • adele shanbar
      Participant

Hey DD
      Good to hear from you. I missed you
      I will pray for Antonella. She was my favorite host. That is awful
      Snowball is quite the character. I’m glad she is getting more snuggly
      Gary ic in the hospital. His kidneys are failing again. He only had one that works and it used to function at about a 60%level. Not sure where he is now. I’ll find out later as the cat DVD’s should be in soon
      Please pray for him. He will not go dyalysis well if that is the route we are going
      Adele

• Colleen
      Participant

Hi Gail,
      Grayson and Ron are good buddies. If Ron gets ice cream he shares it with him and that is all it took. We got him a red wagon for Easter will put a bunny in it and his book we got him. Then when he hunts eggs he can put them in the wagon.
      Kaylee was jumping on the trampoline and did something to it. She said she is not sure how it happened. She was at her dad’s when it happened so no one saw her hurt it. They have moved back to Cookeville into their house now. I just hope Melissa did the right thing.
      Owen also had a broken foot when he was younger. He has had the most broken bones. He is like his dad accident prone. Justine use to get hurt all the time.
      Will you get to see your grands for Easter? Have you had your covid shot yet? They are supposed to call me this week to set mine up. I may get one on Monday. They will call and tell me that also.
      Colleen

• Colleen
      Participant

Hi DD,
      That is terrible about Antonella. I really liked her also. I will be praying for her. That is terrible that they had to sell their house. that just made thing even worse for her. I hope her husband finds another job soon and things will get a little better for them.
      I am glad that Snowball is warming up to you and sitting on your lap and getting cozy. That is one thing about a cat that I love. They can be so lovable and the next minute they will hide.
      That is about all we have had her is rain. It will be nice to see the sun again. I really hope that it will be nice here for Easter. We have had so many rainy days now. It seems like when the rain stopped the rain started.
      Colleen

• Gail Norusis
      Participant

Hi DD,
      I had read about Antonella on the QVC forums. I am so sad for her as she is such a nice woman. She has had a rough year with both her and her husband losing their jobs and now the cancer diagnosis. She has lots of people praying for her and supporting her. I hope that she will be okay.
      I had read that the boat was a sailboat not a houseboat and that they had planned on sailing up and down the eastern coast depending on the weather. I read that it was something that they had always wanted to do. I don’t know how feasible that will be if she is having treatment. I saw pictures of her house that they sold. It was gorgeous-like a mansion. I sure would hate to give that up. I hope she has some sort of insurance.
      It’s nice that Snowball is finally warming up to you. She’s a good companion.
      We may be getting snow or sleet later today. Nothing like Colorado though.
      Do you suppose those tulip bowls are old corning wear. They sure are bright and cheerful looking.
      Gail

• Gail Norusis
      Participant

Hi Colleen,
      That is such a good idea to give Grayson the wagon for Easter. I’ll bet that he will love it. I can just picture Ron having to pull him around in it.
      I’m surprised more kids don’t get hurt on trampolines. We had one when the kids were older and then Jenny has one for her kids.
      Jenny’s friend and ex SIL had a pool put in her yard at the end of last summer so I expect our grands will want to go to their aunt Kelly’s a lot this summer.
      Well Melissa must really like Tennessee if she wanted to move back so I’m sure she will try her hardest to make it work for herself and the kids. Had she been working or will she have to find work?
      Did I tell you that Jenny will be changing jobs. She will still work in accounting but for a bigger company. She will have to go into the office for the first month and after that she will be able to work from home. So that will be great for her with the kids. She won’t have to drive in bad weather in winter and there are additional benefits that she doesn’t get now. Of course now we won’t get her employee discount on new appliances. lol Plus they just gave her a new refrigerator for free just because it had a scratch on the side. They are going to miss her I am sure.
      We probably won’t see them for Easter but maybe by the end of April we can.
      We just got our appointments for our first shots today-we are getting them on Wednesday for Saint Patty’s day. We will Irish jig to Walgreens. I knew if we waited a bit we could get them closer to home. So many people we know drove long distances to get there’s but things seem to be opening up more now.
      Gail

• Gail Norusis
      Participant

Adele,
      I will be praying for Gary.
      I hope that you got good results from the urine and blood tests that you had last week.
      We are getting our shots on Wednesday.
      Hugs,
      Gail

• adele shanbar
      Participant

Hey Gailster
      How is Jenny’s job going? I hope she likes it and they love her!!
      Gary had a stint put in. In 3 weeks they will pulverize the big stone snd suck it out. He’ll be back in for a couple of days and then home God willing
      I hope you don’t get that storm they are talking about!!
      Adele

• adele shanbar
      Participant

Hey Gailster
      How is Jenny’s job going? I hope she likes it and they love her!!
      Gary had a stint put in. In 3 weeks they will pulverize the big stone snd suck it out. He’ll be back in for a couple of days and then home God willing
      I hope you don’t get that storm they are talking about!!
      Adele

• Gail Norusis
      Participant

Hi Adele,
      Jenny doesn’t start until next week. I hope that she likes it too as the benefits are much better and she is really looking forward to working from home. As you know it’s always both exciting and nerve racking to start a new job. I know she is a conscientious worker so I feel that she will do well.
      That storm was bad in Colorado and Wyoming but we just got a couple inches which I hope will melt as the temperatures go back up.
      I hope Gary will be home and on the mend soon.
      Big hugs and prayers for you and your family.
      Gail

• adele shanbar
      Participant

Hey Gailster
      I will be praying for Jenny. She is a bright girl with a great personality. I know they will love her. I just hope she loves the new job too. Better pay snd benefits are a great reason to move. Dying to hear what she says!
      Not sure yet if he can come home tomorrow. It all depends on how his kidney does once the catheter is removed. It is weird without him here. When I nod off while watching TV O swear I see him in his chair when I asks up. Then I am totally awake and realize he is not there. Lol
      Pray for a homecoming tomorrow!!!
      Lol
      Adele.

• Colleen
      Participant

Hi Gail,
      Ron will have to pull him around I am sure of that. He will do what ever he can to make that little guy smile. He does have his grandpa wrapped around his little finger. It is a contest between him and Aliza.
      I do like the fact that they have those sides on trampolines now. It is hard to find people to spot when the kids are jumping. I do not think parents have the time to stand out there with the way their schedules are now days.
      Melissa went back to her job before they moved to Knoxville. She works for a cleaning service. She has her old job back as a supervisor. The owner and her are friends. She had Melissa doing interviews and background checks on applicants. So she was still working there after she moved. She just worked from the house. I think that she will clean some houses since she will be back. I just hope that she really likes it like she did before.
      I get my first shot on Friday. They called me this morning to tell me. they are getting more of the medicine in our area now. It is about time.
      I hope that Jenny likes her new job. It is nice that she will be able to work from home. It will be nice to stay at home in case the kids need you. It is a shame that moms cannot stay home with their kids like they use to when our kids were little.
      Colleen

• adele shanbar
      Participant

Hey everyone
      Colleen I hope your daughter likes her old job and finds a nice place to live
      I never thought of a red wagon for Santino. That was a great idea
      Hoping all goes well when they remove the catheter do Gary can come home. . Please say a prayer
      Love you guys. Praying for those Asian families who lost loved ones yesterday. Just awful. All this hate has to stop
      Adele

• adele shanbar
      Participant

Hey everyone
      Colleen I hope your daughter likes her old job and finds a nice place to live
      I never thought of a red wagon for Santino. That was a great idea
      Hoping all goes well when they remove the catheter do Gary can come home. . Please say a prayer
      Love you guys. Praying for those Asian families who lost loved ones yesterday. Just awful. All this hate has to stop
      Adele

• Anonymous
      Inactive

Well I have made a little progress. I was finally able to put my name on a waitlist for the Corvid vaccine. It sounds like they still do not have it but may be expecting some. They will notify me when I get an appointment. Pennsylvania is so slow getting vaccines. And lately they were only doing teachers. That I did not like all those teachers pushing in line ahead of those of us eligible.

The shot really helped my shoulder Until this morning when I woke up it was really hurting but seems to be easing up again as I move it around.

I need to start my corned beef & cabbage soon as I do it slow. The corned beef was expensive but looks nice. This is the only time the store carries corned beef.

We are in cold, dark days again & it is to rain all day tomorrow. Guess it could be worse & be snow instead of rain.

• adele shanbar
      Participant

Hi Sue
      So glad you are on the list
      You are getting rain? We are getting a snow storm Thursday late into Friday from what they said last night
      I hope this is the last one!!
      Up here the corned beef is a decent price. I get a big one between 15 and 19 dollars Smaller ones are around 8 gif an eye round one. I didn’t know your area was different in pricing on them. At the store I shop fit on Instacart, Wegmans had had them all year. The other stores up here do not have them. I really like that Wegmans store. Their prices are a dollar cheaper on Progresdo soups. We eat a lot of them. Tillie eats thr when she does not like what I cook it her belly hurts. Gary snd I have them when I don’t feel like cooking. They even have low salt ones. I noticed they have some newer funky flavors like hearty beef stew etc.
      How have the new windows been?
      Have you seen the new comedies? That new Debris drama? Not sure if I like them
      Hope your day is going well
      Gary is on his way home as we speak. Steph went to get him. Stephs friend died today. She’s staying for a cup of tea
      Adele

• adele shanbar
      Participant

Hey Sue
      So glad you are on your way to a vaccine. That is great news
      Glad you are getting rain instead of snow. We are getting snow Thursday later until Friday early am. I hope this is the last time
      How have the new windows been in a storm? I hope it makes your home more snuggly
      The supermarket where I shop with Instacart has corned beefs during the year. The other supermarkets do not. The price up here was not too bad. For a big one it ran 15 to 19 dollars….about. A small one that is a round cut ran around 8 to 10 at the most. Wegmans has good prices. Better than any other supermarket. This price on Progresso soups is a dollar less than everyone else. I love their store brand items. They are better than the name brands!
      I hope you do not get the snow predicted. Rain is way better
      I hope your shoulder did not start bothering you again. That would be awful
      Gary came home today. He can’t stay awake. He is sound asleep in the kitchen chair right now
      Have a good night
      Adele

• Gail Norusis
      Participant

Hi Colleen,
      The little ones really do seem to wrap Ron around their fingers. I think that is so sweet.
      I hope that Melissa will continue to like her job.
      Actually even when my kids were little many of the other Mom’s worked. Or at least went back to work after the kids became school age. I was one of the few that stayed home permanently. And that was basically because when Greg and Dan started their business our kids were about two and three and Greg worked such long hours that someone had to be around to watch them.
      Jenny said that Lachlan won a McDonald’s gift card from school for knowing 25 more digits after pi 3.14.
      Gail

Attachments:
    • Gail Norusis
      Participant

Colleen,
      have you been watching the Masked Singer? They tricked us the first week! lol
      I hope Nick gets back soon as I much prefer him to Niecy.
      Gail

• Gail Norusis
      Participant

Hi Sue,
      I’m glad that you got on a list. I think things will start moving faster in the next few weeks.
      Greg and I got our first shots yesterday. They let us go in together at Walgreen’s.
      It seems it’s either feast or famine because as soon as we signed up with Walgreen’s I got emails both from Mercy health and Northwestern health saying that they are now taking appointments.
      We got the Moderna shots so it’s a month before the next one. My arm is a little sore and there’s a red spot on it but that’s all I see so far. I had to wait a half hour instead of 15 minutes before I could leave because of my reaction to the flu shot. I wanted the Moderna shot because that’s the one that Dolly Parton helped fund. I’m a big Dolly fan. She also is a big supporter of reading for children.
      We are not big fans of corned beef and cabbage so I don’t make it. The only time we eat it is if we go to a Saint Patrick’s Day party where it is being served. lol
      Here is a picture of us wearing our shot stickers. lol
      Gail

Attachments:
    • Gail Norusis
      Participant

Hi Adele,
      I hope that Gary is home and doing well.
      Are you getting rain and cold weather?
      It is very blustery today but will be warmer by the weekend.
      I had such a chill yesterday afternoon and couldn’t warm up so I had Greg build a fire and that kept me toasty into the evening.
      Gail

Attachments:
    • Colleen
      Participant

Hi Adele,
      How is Gary doing? Is he home yet? I hope that he is home and doing well. I know it is rough when our guys are in the hospital and we are alone. It really makes you think.
      Melissa is happy back in Tennessee. I guess that she wanted to go back to because the of her job. The woman sh worked for kept calling her talking to her about coming back. I just pray she made the right decision.
      We gave all our grands a wagon. They always loved playing with them. They are cute when they pull them around while hunting eggs. We will see how Grayson does with one. I bet Santino would really like it also.
      Well that is all from here. Have a great day and stay safe.
      Colleen

• Colleen
      Participant

Hi Gail,
      I was glad the masked singer is back on again. The costumes were really good. I really do think that Nick is going to show up as one of the masked singers. I really do think that he is one of the singers. That would be funny if he was. Not many people would think of him doing that. I agree that woman is not as good as Nick.
      I was glad to see that you are posting memes again. I was missing them. I imagine that you are having trouble finding new ones. You have posted a lot of them.
      Good for Lachlan. He sounds like he is really a smart boy. I hope he continues to do well. The kids can do so much more now then we could at their age. We did not take half the subjects that they take now.
      We did not celebrate St. Patrick’s day this year. It just seemed like no one was in the mood. So next year we will probably celebrate again. I do not think that any of the kids fixed corn beef and cabbage at home either. Did you do anything?
      Well that is about all from here. Have a great day. Stay safe.
      Colleen

• Gail Norusis
      Participant

Colleen,
      How was your shot today? Where did you go to get it?
      We didn’t do anything for Saint Patrick’s Day either. Did you see any of the Q shows? There were broadcasting from a castle in Ireland for the Irish vendors so that was sort of cool. I have a friend who has been to Ireland several times. I will have to remember to ask her if she has ever been to Ashford Castle. It looked beautiful. I sure am looking forward to being able to travel again sometime.
      I figure two weeks after our second shots will be Jenny’s birthday so I can hug her for her birthday this year.
      The kids really do learn more at younger ages than we ever did. I didn’t even know what pi was when I was in 4th grade. I had never heard of it. And now they are learning to read in kindergarten-when we were little you took a nap in kindergarten(at least that’s what I hear since I was a kindergarten drop out) lol You couldn’t even drop out like I did anymore as now kindergarten is required but it wasn’t when I was a kid. Plus it’s full day.
      The memes are a bit harder to find but they are there. When covid first started there were so many just about the virus.
      I thought Nick was temporarily off the show because he had covid so I don’t know how he could be one of the singers.
      I will be glad when he comes back. I’m not sure how far ahead this is all taped or how it’s set up. I will have to check into that. I wonder how heavy those costumes are.
      Gail

Attachments:
    • adele shanbar
      Participant

Hey everyone
      Gary did come home. He slept so much the first day I was getting concerned. He was falling asleep in every chair he was in. Even while eating his soup for dinner that night.
      He was better yesterday. He fell asleep watching TV and slept most of the evening again. Then he had trouble falling and staying asleep last night.
      He is talking better. He was slurring his words and sounded drunk. The shaking is almost gone. All were caused by the kidney not cleaning his blood. He was a real mess. He is lucky This is the 6th time Melrose-Wakefield Hospital saved his life. Between the kidneys 3times the heart attack. Neck break and food poisoning he is sure to be out of the nine lives of a cat!!
      We ended up with all rain yesterday. It never turned to snow. I hope Sue was just as lucky as us!
      Glad Gail and Greg got their shot. I had to reschedule mine that was on for tomorrow. Nobody string to take me. Gary is still very weak. Jhonny and Bobby Nate working and Enzo is in Las Vegas for his cousins wedding. His cousins, and older sibs went. His parents and Marissa stayed home. Marissa is nervous about him coming back sick. Please say a prayer he stays safe I can’t figure out how they got away with a wedding right now.
      Glad to hear Lachlan got an award. Great job! These kids learn stuff I had in college
      JJ was told by his math teacher that he and another child are being recommended for Honors Class in Math for next year. It is f DD o nice to have done good news
      The refinance of the house is finally all finished. It took forever because I added Bobby to the loan. I felt since I am getting older he needs to be on it. This way if I die all he does is continue to pay the current mortgage No worries about negotiating a loan to keep a roof over his head. Besides, whet would he get a 2.6 rate? The rates have already climbed to 5.5 again. I am so glad I did the refinance and added him, you have no idea
      I hope everyone is good.
      Great idea on the wagon Colleen
      Glad you got rain Sue
      Happy Snowball I’d becoming more affectionate with our DD
      Love the pic of Gail snd Greg. Glad they got the shot
      Hoping everyone else will get their first shots soon too
      Did everyone see Gray’s last night? I cried of course. I’m Jon’s be like the doctor who was rolled up in a ball shortly if the losses up here don’t stop😱God forbid!!
      Luv u guys
      Adele

• Anonymous
      Inactive

I just booked my appointment for my Corvid vaccine shot. I go on Monday. I have an appointment at miracle Ear on Monday so I scheduled it for after that so I will only need to make one trip tp town. That was fast after I got on the waitlist.

• adele shanbar
      Participant

Sue!!!!
      That’s great news!!!
      Go Sue. Yahoo!!!?
      Good luck with both appointments!
      Hoping for great weather to make it easy
      Adele

• Colleen
      Participant

Hi Gail,
      My shot went well. My arm has been sore but not to bad. It is better today and am glad that it is over with. I get my second shot in April. That is a good picture of you and Greg. They did not give me a sticker like you when you had your shot. They just gave me a card to carry in my purse and I have to take it back when I get the second shot.
      I missed the shows on QVC for Ireland. I cannot believe that I missed them. I did see some of the items they had on the internet but did not buy anything. Did you see anything that you wanted? They do not have any new things that I saw.
      That will be so nice that you will get to be with Jenny for her birthday. You will be able to kiss her and be with her for the day. It will be nice to be with the kids also. They will be so happy to see you and Greg. Maybe Greg will do his dance for them.
      I went to kindergarten and we did take naps. It was only half a day which was nice. You did not have to spend all your time at school. I am not sure pushing these kids this hard is the best thing. They are not taking to be kids.
      I did not hear that he may have covid. I don’t know why I just have a feeling that he will turn out to be one of the masked singers. It would be a good joke on everyone. I do hope that he comes back.
      Well that is about all from her. Have a great night and stay safe.
      Colleen

• Colleen
      Participant

Hi Adele,
      I am glad that Gary is home. As sick as he was it probably took a lot of his energy. He will rest a lot for awhile but he will be up again and into all kinds of things again. He will be doing things that he shouldn’t.
      We have been getting a lot of rain here. It was nice that we had sunshine today. Ron wants to start tilling the garden but the ground is too wet. He will get the garden started and then he will start redoing the deck.
      There is not a whole lot going on here. It is really getting boring. I am hoping to see Grayson this week. I have not seen him in awhile and miss him. He is at the age where he changes so much in just a short time. He is trying to talk a lot more now. He can repeat somethings that you say but I guess that is all people talk to him. He is always around adults.
      Wow that is really cool that JJ is going into an advance math class. He is a really smart young man. I am terrible with math and am so surprised if any of ours grands do well in math. It does seem like boys do better in math then girls. I have no idea why that is but that is really true in our family.
      That was a good idea to put Bobby on the loan. It will take a lot of the worry off of him. How is Tillie doing? You have not said much about her lately. I hope that she comes upstairs now and spends more time with the family.
      Colleen

• adele shanbar
      Participant

Hey Colleen
      Santino dies the same thing. If you talk directly to him he will repeat the word. He says mama ,dada ,bye bye ,oh oh He called JJ but it’s hard to understand that one. He tries to say Aizen but that name is hard to pronounce. lol
      It’s so cute when they start to talk. He imitates everything Aizen does. It looks like they will be good buddies
      I got the little boys the Hess stuffie cement mixer for their baskets. It lights up and sings and is a night light that shuts off in 15 minutes too. I love those Hess trucks The boys love them
      Tillie had her second shot and had a bad reaction. The nurse told me the very elderly people have more reactions. She got a fever with chills, aches all over, and dry heaves. We gave her Alleve and she felt better she still does not feel good today. She ok us all up before 5am yesterday
      Gary is also sick. Bad cold. Bobby has a bad cold. H h. Covid test and it was negative. Thank God
      Tillie stayed up here all Friday after she had her shot. That was nice for a change
      Gary I’d feeling pretty miserable. Between the cold and his recovering kidney he is pretty cranky
      The sun is shining up here yahoo
      Hope your day is good
      Adele

• adele shanbar
      Participant

Hey Colleen
      Santino dies the same thing. If you talk directly to him he will repeat the word. He says mama ,dada ,bye bye ,oh oh He called JJ but it’s hard to understand that one. He tries to say Aizen but that name is hard to pronounce. lol
      It’s so cute when they start to talk. He imitates everything Aizen does. It looks like they will be good buddies
      I got the little boys the Hess stuffie cement mixer for their baskets. It lights up and sings and is a night light that shuts off in 15 minutes too. I love those Hess trucks The boys love them
      Tillie had her second shot and had a bad reaction. The nurse told me the very elderly people have more reactions. She got a fever with chills, aches all over, and dry heaves. We gave her Alleve and she felt better she still does not feel good today. She ok us all up before 5am yesterday
      Gary is also sick. Bad cold. Bobby has a bad cold. H h. Covid test and it was negative. Thank God
      Tillie stayed up here all Friday after she had her shot. That was nice for a change
      Gary I’d feeling pretty miserable. Between the cold and his recovering kidney he is pretty cranky
      The sun is shining up here yahoo
      Hope your day is good
      Adele

• Colleen
      Participant

Hi Adele,
      It is fun to watch these little ones grow up. They learn so much from the time that they are born until they are 5 or 6. It just amazes me to watch them. They learn to walk, talk, eat and all the other little things that they learn. They catch on so fast.
      I have never heard of the Hess stuffie cement mixers. They sound really cute. I got Aliza and Grayson a bunny that sings and it is holding a flower pot and the flower sing and go up and down to the music. I also got them both a book. I will put Grayson’s in his wagon and I will give that decorative wagon to Aliza. She can put things in it. I should get him some blocks to put in it but do not know if I can find any.
      I did not think that you would get fever and chills. I hope that she is feeling better now. I do not get my second shot until April 16th. I will be glad to get this over with.
      You have really had your share of sick people lately. Colds and allergies are really going around. My allergies have been acting up. They do about the same time every year. That would make a person cranky having a cold and recovering from kidney trouble.
      Well that is about all from here. Have a great day and stay safe.
      Colleen

• adele shanbar
      Participant

Hi Colleen
      It is fun watching the little ones
      Tillie is better all the symptoms went away yesterday. Thank God
      Gary is sick coughing feeling miserable. He thinks it’s a real bad cold. I’m afraid it’s covid. He has a virtual dr apt today I’m afraid he will end up back in the hospital again
      I’m so tired of worrying about everyone that I don’t want to get out of bed today. Lol
      The sun is shining. That is good. Enzo is safely back from his cousins wedding and that is good
      Hope you have a good day!!
      Adele

• adele shanbar
      Participant

Hi Colleen
      It is fun watching the little ones
      Tillie is better all the symptoms went away yesterday. Thank God
      Gary is sick coughing feeling miserable. He thinks it’s a real bad cold. I’m afraid it’s covid. He has a virtual dr apt today I’m afraid he will end up back in the hospital again
      I’m so tired of worrying about everyone that I don’t want to get out of bed today. Lol
      The sun is shining. That is good. Enzo is safely back from his cousins wedding and that is good
      Adele

• Gail Norusis
      Participant

Sue,
      So happy that you got that shot booked. Slowly but surely we are all getting vaccinated.
      Isn’t it kind of funny that we were some of the first generations to get the polio vaccines and now we are some of the first to get the covid vaccines too.
      Gail

Attachments:
    • Gail Norusis
      Participant

Hi Colleen,
      Yes, we got one of those cards too-I think everybody does. I’ll bet they are going to be important in the future for international travel and such. We still don’t know if Canada will let the guys in this summer so they can go fishing. I read that the state legislature in Idaho is shut down because of covid so we are not out of the woods yet. The more people that get vaccinated world wide the better off everyone will be.
      We got the stickers because we were vaccinated at Walgreen’s-where did you get your shot? You must have Moderna like us because of the spacing of the two shots. I got a sore arm for a few days and two red spots on my arm.
      I didn’t get anything from the Irish shows this year. They seemed to sell a lot of sweaters this year. I already have a couple and they will last me forever so I don’t need more.
      I think all day kindergarten is here to stay now. Especially with so many kids already going to preschool.
      Nick definitely had covid which is why Niecy is there. I have read he will come back toward the end of the season. I’m not sure how much in advance that these shows are taped.
      Gail

Attachments:
    • Gail Norusis
      Participant

Hi Adele,
      I’m glad that Tillie is feeling better. It does seem like the side effects from the shot goes away pretty quickly.
      It sounds like Gary may need a covid test too. However, he may have just caught a cold from Bobby. I hope he feels better quickly as he already has enough to deal with recuperating from the kidney issues.
      I was remarking that none of us got a cold or flu this year-probably from staying home and not going anywhere. However, it does worry me that our immunity from other things may be lost because we have stayed home for so long and I am afraid when we start venturing out again we will be susceptible to every bug out there. Plus as we age our immune systems aren’t as strong as they once were.
      Anyway, you need a break too from all this sickness. Tell everyone that the new rule is they all need to stay healthy so you can get some rest.
      I had never heard of Hess trucks either until you started talking about giving them to your boys. I wonder if they are more popular out in the Eastern areas. I looked them up and they are really cool trucks. Don’t have anyone in the age group to gift them to anymore.
      That’s cool that JJ qualifies for honors math. That reminds me-remember when he said he didn’t want to tell you what he wanted to do when he got older. did he ever finally tell you. I would be interested to hear what he is interested in doing.
      Ricky came over to help Greg take the net off the pond yesterday and Jenny and the kids and Finn(first cousin) came with them. Lachlan wanted to bring his drone out to fly. He practically landed it in the pond until I told them to go farther out into the field to fly it. Then when they were out there they discovered lots of golf balls that Greg had hit so they collected those. (that made Greg happy) Then Piper saw all the pinecones and she collected a bag of those. I’m so glad that it was a nice day so we could all be outside and see each other.
      I am saying prayers for Gary to feel better.
      Gail

Attachments:
    • adele shanbar
      Participant

Hey Gailster
      I am just so exhausted from everyone worrying me to death.
      Tillie did get the Maderna. So did Gary
      That sounded like such a lovely day with the kids outside The other day when it was nice out, JJclimbed into his favorite tree ( of which he says he respects the tree and would nver hurt it) and read his book I get such a kick out of him No, we have not been told the magical goal for his life I hope I live long enough to find out….LOL
      The doctor is giving Gary an antibiotic as it has already turned into bronchitis. I think if it is not gone by next Monday, he may not be able to get his second shot.
      Frankie got his first shot this past weekend because he is a smoker.
      So, I finally made the tapioca pudding yesterday. It took 1 1/2 hours to make. They said to boil it very slow for one hour until the tapioca softened, then add the egg and vanilla last. I think I boiled it too long as it was very thick. Next time, I will boil it less…LOL Eveyrone liked it, even though it was quite thick I love tapioca pudding.
      I loved your sayings for today- made me laugh!
      Weather is nice up here, but, we have a sea breeze that is so chilly I shut the kitchen window….LOL
      I hope your day goes well……hey….I treated myself with the pretty lace shell and jacket from Isaac. Since I rarely go out, not sure if I should keep it. It is very pretty and the lace does not itch. I got it a ize bigger as lace does not give. Im glad I did, as it fits perfect.
      Adele

• Colleen
      Participant

Hi Adele,
      I am going to try this again. I wrote the other night and it would not post. I was wondering if they are working on this site again. That always are changing things and I hope they would leave it alone.
      I am glad to hear that Tillie is doing better. Ron has finally decided to get his shot covid shot. It took forever for him to decide to get one but I am so glad that he did. I am hoping that he gets the same one I got and not the Johnson and Johnson one. I am not sure that one is that effective. I want him to be safe and not take a chance on that one.
      You have had more then your fair share of illness in your household. When the sun is shinning it seems like the world is brighter and things will be okay. Just sit out in the sun for a few minutes and just enjoy it and forget everything. There will be enough time to worry about things later.
      do you have any plans for Easter? We are just having the kids here and fixing dinner and having an egg hunt. It will be fun for the kids and we really enjoy watching them. This year even the adult kids are going to hunt eggs. Some will have money and some will have gag gifts. I have pacifiers to put in some of the adults eggs and ring pops for the kids. It should be fun.
      Colleen

• Colleen
      Participant

Hi Adele,
      I am going to try this again. I wrote the other night and it would not post. I was wondering if they are working on this site again. That always are changing things and I hope they would leave it alone.
      I am glad to hear that Tillie is doing better. Ron has finally decided to get his shot covid shot. It took forever for him to decide to get one but I am so glad that he did. I am hoping that he gets the same one I got and not the Johnson and Johnson one. I am not sure that one is that effective. I want him to be safe and not take a chance on that one.
      You have had more then your fair share of illness in your household. When the sun is shinning it seems like the world is brighter and things will be okay. Just sit out in the sun for a few minutes and just enjoy it and forget everything. There will be enough time to worry about things later.
      do you have any plans for Easter? We are just having the kids here and fixing dinner and having an egg hunt. It will be fun for the kids and we really enjoy watching them. This year even the adult kids are going to hunt eggs. Some will have money and some will have gag gifts. I have pacifiers to put in some of the adults eggs and ring pops for the kids. It should be fun.
      Colleen

• Colleen
      Participant

Hi Gail,
      Sorry it took me so long to answer. My internet was not working right until Kylie fixed it for me tonight. I have also been having trouble getting on this site. I do not know what is going on with this site.
      I went to the clinic where some of the doctors are. They have a place to go for the shots that is away from the doctors offices. It is on the 4th floor and there is not hardly any doctors on that floor. In fact the only one doctor that had his office open was way down the hall from where we got the shot. I have finally talked Ron into getting his shot. They are supposed to call him on Monday and set up the date for his. I was glad that he changed his mind.
      I had not heard that Nick had covid. That is sad that he got it. He must getting over it if they are talking about him coming back on the show. It would be funny if he did turn up as one of the masked singers. What did you think of them adding a wild card tonight. The guy that came on as the dolphin was really good. He was fun to watch. I would have never guessed the raccoon. I cannot remember the guys name but he is a good actor. He has played in a lot of movies
      Do you have plans for Easter? We will have the kids here and have an Easter egg hunt. The adults are going to hunt eggs also so it will be fun. I have all kind of gag gifts for the adults.
      Well that is about all from here. Have a great night night and stay safe.
      Colleen

• Gail Norusis
      Participant

Hi Colleen,
      I am glad that you convinced Ron to get his shot. The more people that get them the better off the whole country will be.
      I think Nick had covid back when this season of the Masked Singer was being filmed so I’m sure he’s better by now. I’m sure this is all filmed months in advance. I just found out that one of our local restaurants is closed due to covid. fortunately they will be able to open on April 1st as I know they have a big Easter crowd.
      I don’t really know why they need to have a wild card on The masked singer-it just adds an extra player and probably makes the season longer.
      We won’t be doing anything for Easter. By the beginning of May it will be two weeks after our last shot and then we can start seeing the kids again. So there’s no use messing things up when we are so close to our goal after we have already stayed away for this long. Every one has to do what they feel comfortable with and this is how we see it. I was just online this morning getting some stuff for Easter baskets.
      That will be fun having the adults hunt for eggs too. I hope the weather will be nice.
      Gail

Attachments:
    • Gail Norusis
      Participant

Hi Adele,
      I hope that Gary is feeling better. And that everyone else at your house is well too.
      You should keep that lace shell and cardigan and wear it for Easter. It sounds pretty.
      I’m looking at what restaurants around here might have some sort of carry out Easter meal since it will just be the two of us. Or maybe we will just barbecue. I don’t really know yet. All these holidays have just been so weird over the past year. Sometimes I still feel like I am living in a science fiction movie.
      I keep looking at the trees for the first signs of buds. This is my favorite time of year and it goes by so fast. it has my favorite flowers lilacs, lily of the valley and peonies and they each only last for such a short while.
      Gail

Attachments:
    • adele shanbar
      Participant

Hey Gailster and everyone
      Gary is not much better at all. The coughing won’t stop. The antibiotic is taking the infection away. Not the cough. He is taking a Claritin D snd cough syrup. If he talks or moves he coughs
      He looks awful. Very pale. He has no energy at all and is VERY cranky
      The kids will be here for Easter. Tillie and Gary should be fully vaccinated. Gary’s second shot is Monday. But if he is still coughing he will not get the shot Monday
      Marissa Enzo and the baby had a covid test because of the wedding Enzo went to. They are all negative
      I’m making thePizzaghiena, ricotta pie, mini cheesecakes, anise cookies and Marissa requested Heather’s favorite cookie. So I will be busy Thursday to Saturday lol. We’re having a Honeybsked ham with their sides. Plus Bobby wants mashed potatoes
      Steph is coming over later, after she and JJ are back from the wake to help me get the baskets together. Lol
      Hope your day is good.sun is out up here
      Adele

• Gail Norusis
      Participant

Adele,
      I will pray that Gary will feel better soon.
      As we age it seems to take us longer to bounce back.
      You will be busy with all of your baking. It always sounds so delicious. Too bad you can’t get some of the girls to lend a hand.
      So honey baked ham has a complete dinner with the sides. What a good idea!
      The extra mashed potatoes are an easy enough add on. I even have a recipe for make ahead mashed potatoes somewhere. It’s been a while since I made them.
      Here’s something funny. Piper developed a love for mashed potatoes so I made them for some holiday. Well she didn’t like them because they were home made mashed potatoes and her mom always served the instant potatoes. lol
      When I was a kid I hated the instant potatoes-I remember when my Mom would make them I would announce at the dinner table-“Mommy made fake potatoes.” Now I feel guilty as here my poor mother worked all day and some times she probably didn’t feel like coming home and peeling potatoes and here I was shaming her. lol
      I am looking for someplace just to pick up a couple of Easter dinners this year as it will just be us two.
      Gail

Attachments:
    • Anonymous
      Inactive

Our weather was bad today. We were dark all day & it poured down rain & was very windy.. I hope it got it over with because I need to go to the grocery store to pick up my ham for Easter. I have points to get mine & I got a load of points for extra things they gave then for. I spent $40 & ended up with 700 extra points. I called my neighbor thinking I could get their ham for them to use up some points but they already have one in the freezer & are getting another with their points. She suggested I get an extra one & put in the freezer but I don’t have enough room to do that so I guess I will use then for gas. Gas is going up in price so 70 cents off per gallon of gas will add up but I am not using much gas now either.
      I think I will still be wearing a mask when I do go out for some time. People want everything open & cases are on the rise again. Plus so many are saying they won’t get the shot. Older people are getting it but younger one want nothing to do with it. Amish never get any vaccinations so they won’t get it.They had to have in person school now every couple days they have cases show up & have to close for deep cleaning so I don’t know how that helps anything.
      My doctor called in a prescription for pills I am to take for my shoulder. What a time I had getting them. First I checked & he had not called them in. So I got back to him & he had not had time to do it so he emailed me when he sent it. It was evening so I went the next day to pick it up & the girl said my insurance would not cover it. She said she would tell me how much it was with their discount & I could decide if I wanted to get it or half until insurance arthorized it. It was only $14 so I paid it & got them. So today I get a call from insurance that they will now pay for it.
      He turned my hearing aid up when I was there & now it is to loud & squeals so when I go to the store I will need to stop by & have him turn it down.
      so that is all that is going on here. Nothing exciting. Same old stuff.

• Colleen
      Participant

Hi Adele,
      I am sorry that Gary is not getting better. I agree with Gail the older we get the longer it takes us to get better. He was really sick also and that takes time to get over.
      I am glad that the kids will be there with you on Easter. Sounds like you have a lot of baking planned. It makes my mouth water. I am going to make a German chocolate cheese cake for Easter. I had not made one for awhile and the kids asked me to fix on this year. Owen really likes German chocolate cake so he is really wanting to taste the cheese cake one.
      Not a whole lot going on here. We have been staying home. Ron is putting up another railing on our deck . It is going to make it a little bit safer now that Grayson is here. He will not listen to any one and he goes too close to the edge.
      Colleen

• Colleen
      Participant

Hi Gail,
      That is sad that they had to close one of the restaurant in town. This has been such a hard time for all the people in the restaurant business. They have had a few that had to close because they stopped them from opening.
      I wonder why they decided to add a wild card to the show. It is not fair to the other singers. I wonder if they knew from the beginning that there would be another person added later in the show. I wonder if they will do the same thing with the next group that comes up. It should be interesting.
      You really have done a good job at staying away from other people. I could have not done it for that long. I do not know of anyone else that did it for as long a you and Greg. I know that you missed your grand kids as much as the rest of us.
      Not a lot going on here. Just getting ready for Easter. Have a great night and stay safe.
      Colleen

• adele shanbar
      Participant

HiColleen
      Gary was miserable all weekend. If he spoke or moved , he coughed. He is calling his dr again today. Yesterday was last day on antibiotic. He had to cancel his second shot today cause they said no shot if he is symptomatic
      I’m exhausted from not sleeping. I either can’t get to sleep or get woken up from Gary coughing. It will pass. I was hoping it would be better before Easter
      Steph did the baskets with me over the weekend. We did 11 baskets. Lol. I put socks in everyone’s baskets each year. I add a few gadgets like new stainless steel measuring cups and spoons. Lol. JJ was hard this year due to his age. Got him a couple of pairs of jogging pants.
      The entire dining room table is covered in baskets. Lol
      Hope you are all ready too!!
      Take a pic of your cake when you make it. Marissa asked me to add one more thing…, her Moms favorite cookie. So I am going to be very busy. 😩🤓🤪
      Adele

• adele shanbar
      Participant

Hi Sue
      It was awful up here too. It poured last night. Today the sun us shining but the wind is awful. Allergies are awful too. Everyone is sneezing It’s so upsetting because every time someone coughs or sneezes you think covid
      Please read post to Colleen for all the news
      Marissa Enzo snd the baby had covid tests because of the wedding Enzo went to. Two people turned up with covid. They came back negative. Even do Marissa will not come here until two weeks have passed just in case That is just in time for Easter
      It is so aggravating to get anything done during covid. It’s so crazy
      What is the grocery store you get the coupons from for free ham? That’s pretty cool. I get close ash back when I use my BJ’s credit card at BJ’s. I love that!!
      Tillie saw on the news that toilet paper may have shortages again due to the ship stuck in the canal. She was freaking out snd had me get a case for upstairs snd downstairs so I did. She gets very anxious about shortages due to living through the Great Depression, and now covid
      I hope you got all your supplies for Easter!! My old friend is stopping by with her daughter in a full Easter Bunny costume again. Remember two years ago when Aizen was so sick he was asleep in the couch for the bunny visit and said we photo shopped the bunny into the pics? Lol. This ought to be funny. My friend is fully vaccinated. So that is good. I’m the only one who has no shots at all
      Have a good day. Hope you get all your errands done
      Adele

• adele shanbar
      Participant

Hey Gailster
      Please read my other posts for all info
      Thank you for the prayers. Gary just got call back from hospital. They gave him next Monday as a date for next shot. The cough has to be gone. Please say a prayer it will be gone This us so scary
      You don’t have the Honeybaked Ham store near you? They are really fabulous. A little pricey so we only get it once a year. They added a honey baked Turkey breast to their menu and I get a small one for our dinner. The kids lived it more than the ham. I got a green bean casserole a cheesy potato and a sweet potato casserole. Trying to make life easier. Lol
      Piper is hysterical. I had a one on one Saturday afternoon with Aizen Steph and JJ went to Sandys wake. It was very sad for them. So awful she left two girls behind….. her nieces from her deceased sister. So awful for those girls to lose two people. Aizen and I played..,, I spy with my little eyes. It was pretty funny
      Adele

• Gail Norusis
      Participant

Hi Colleen,
      I guess that i didn’t say that right. The restaurant didn’t close permanently. They just had to close temporarily because someone had covid. They will be reopening April 1st. I know they usually have a large Easter crowd. One place around here always has a large Sunday brunch which they just reopened. It has always been a buffet. I can not believe in the era of covid that anyone would even want to go to a buffet but maybe it’s just me.
      I think they planned the wild card from the beginning. I would imagine that each group will have one although i don’t really understand the purpose of it. Maybe just to mix things up so the program doesn’t get stale since they had two seasons of it this year.
      I just went online this weekend and ordered some things for the kids Easter baskets as I had no idea what I wanted to do. I didn’t want to bother Jenny for ideas as she has just started a new job and her plate is full-so I just sort of winged it.
      Gail

Attachments:
    • Gail Norusis
      Participant

Hi Sue,
      Hopefully you will be getting our weather soon. Today and tomorrow are supposed to be nice and then cold Wend. and Thurs.
      I’m glad that you can at least use your savings for gas even if you can not get the ham.
      I hope you can get the hearing aide fixed soon. That must be really annoying.
      I have come to understand that I can’t make other people follow the rules-I just have to follow them myself and try to steer clear of others who won’t. It does make me mad but I have learned to live with it. That’s basically why we just stay home for the most part.
      I have a little bit of a rash on my arm which I guess is not unusual with the first shot of moderna. Mine is small-I’ve seen pictures of people with much worse. It seems to come only with the first shot and goes away on it’s own and is supposed to be nothing to worry about. Everyone is different.
      I am having a problem with one of my pills too which I have taken for years. It is frequently back ordered now and I am almost out. So the pharmacist has a call into my rheumatologist to try and figure out what to do. I guess they have some which are not extended release so I may have to take those instead. It’s always something. lol
      Gail

Attachments:
    • Gail Norusis
      Participant

Hi Adele,
      I will pray for Gary to get better. When do you think you will be able to get your shot?
      I heard the same thing about that tanker and the tp but don’t know if it’s really even true. They probably have my pills on that tanker too. lol
      They do have a honey baked ham store about 45 minutes away from here. We had been going to an Easter brunch in town here for the last several years-not last year though. Hopefully they will start that back up next year. We would go to that late in the morning and then the kids would come over later in the afternoon for an egg hunt and we would have sandwiches from a deli tray that I picked up at WalMart so I made things really easy for myself. I find the kids could care less about a sit down big dinner so I figured I would make it easy on myself.
      Do you mean a woman was taking care of her sister’s children because her sister died and now that woman died too? Who will take care of the children. Hopefully the Dad is around or something. But maybe not or he would have been taking care of the children already. Those poor kids. How old are they. what a lot of sadness in their short lives.
      Gail

Attachments:
    • Anonymous
      Inactive

The ship stuck in the canal has been freed. I just read possible shortages of coffee, toilet paper, furniture & oil. I don’t know if it is true but that is what I read. Think I will pick up an extra package of TP when I am at the store in case.

• adele shanbar
      Participant

Hey Colleen
      I think it posted twice. I’m having trouble too. I keep having to sign in due every post
      Steph wants to do an Easter egg hunt. I hope the weather cooperates.
      My old uniteer from work us coming by with her daughter as the Easter bunny. That should be fun. They had their vaccines so that is good too
      I will be baking like crazy. But dinners will be easy. I got sides from the ham store !!
      Hoping we all gave good weather.
      I’ll be baking Friday snd Saturday
      Luv ya!!!
      Adele

• adele shanbar
      Participant

Hey Gailster
      Yes. She took on her two nieces because her sister died. Now she died. No father in the picture. Her daughter is moving back into her apartment snd she is the new caretaker. She is around Amanda’s age Thank God they have her. But that’s a lot for a young girl. Steph offered to help anytime she needs someone. It is such a heartbreaking situation She was a lovely woman
      Luv ya!!!
      Adele

• adele shanbar
      Participant

Hey Sue
      I think everyone better get an extra package just in case
      That was awful. I never heard how it got stuck. Did you?
      Gary would die without his cup of coffee. Lol
      Luv ya!!!
      Adele

• Colleen
      Participant

Hi adele,
      I hope that Gary’s cough is gone soon. I hope the doctor should give him something for it. Being in the hospital does not help either. I hope that you do not catch his cold.
      You really made a lot of baskets. I hope everyone will be there to get their basket. You really give it a lot of thought. I never know what to put in Easter baskets for the adults are for the kids. The little ones are a lot easier they like everything especially stuffed animals. This will probably be the last year that Aliza will want a stuffed bunny. I am about as ready for Easter as I am going to be. I have just about all the things that I am going to fix for dinner.
      I passed out in Walmart the other day. I was with Brook and Kylie and I scared them half to death. The people at the store were really nice. They gave me a candy bar to eat to bring my sugar back up and offered to get me anything else that would help. They finally got me an electric cart to get to the car. I was surprised at how nice they were.
      Colleen

• Colleen
      Participant

Hi Gail,
      I guess that i did not read it right. They were just talking on the news about restaurants that have closed because of the pandemic. I just really feel bad for all these people. So many businesses have closed because of all this.
      I saw on the ad for the masked singer that they will introduce a wild card with group B also. It will be interesting to see if this one will be as good as the one they added last week. Whoever he is he was really good.
      It is hard when you are starting a new job. I hope that she likes it and it is not hard on her. Have the kids gone on spring break yet? The kids here have and so have the kids in Tennessee. I do not know why they do not have it until Easter? It is closer to spring then the weeks in March that they had theirs.I will never understand what their thinking is.
      I am sure that the kids will like anything you get them. It seems whatever they get from their grandparents is great with them. It is funny how that works. My kids were like that when they were little. Whatever grandma and grandpa gave them was fine with them.
      Colleen

• Gail Norusis
      Participant

I am starting a new chat page for April. See you all there.

• adele shanbar
      Participant

Omg Colleen
      That’s awful. Thank God they helped you and got you into your car. That must have been very scary for all of you
      Doing the baskets is fun. Trying to figure out what to get not done much. Lol. QVC is running out of gadgets we don’t already have
      Attaching pics of the chocolate lollipops and peanut butter cups with bunnies on them. Got them from a local chocolate store that delivers. Lol.
      Also took a pic of the dining room table. Lol. J J said….. it’s been a while since the table has looked this crazy….. I thought that was pretty telling of the healing going on over here
      Gary went for an X-ray at the hospital today. No results yet They gave him a med to stop coughing. That has helped
      Hope your day went well and you did not hurt anything
      Adele

Attachments:
Viewing 102 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Share on Facebook
Facebook
Pin on Pinterest
Pinterest
Tweet about this on Twitter
Twitter
Email this to someone
email

Share this with a Smile
X Close
Watch QVC
top finds links QVC LIVE QVC PLUS QVC UK