Quacker Chat for June 20212021-06-01T13:05:41-04:00

Home Forums General Quacker Chatter Quacker Chat for June 2021

Viewing 53 reply threads
  • Author
      Participant

Hi Everyone,
      I hope that you had a good weekend. It was chilly but nice by Monday. We had a barbecue at Jenny’s and got to see all the kids. Now that we are vaccinated hopefully we can see them on a regular basis like we used to.
      Colleen, I have wanted to take a trip to South Dakota to see the Badlands and Mount Rushmore. There are other things to do also. There is Deadwood which is like a wild west town. And a butterfly house in Sioux Falls. Before we visit a new place i always buy a travel book for that state and map out an itinerary. We have found some off the beaten path treasures too.
      Isn’t it sad that some young people don’t know what memorial Day is for? They also don’t know about the Holocaust which is unforgivable.
      DD, you can give my info to Hallie too.
      But first and foremost we are all going to remain healthy and upright for a long time. I command it!
      Adele, you have really been busy with all your projects. I must admit-I always have big plans but have a lot of abandoned projects. i am not good on follow through. lol I guess I need short projects.
      Have to run. Greg is over with the people that are cleaning out all the stuff from that apartment. That bad choice in tenants is costing us tons of money.
      Gail

Attachments:
    • Gail Norusis
      Participant

Okay-how about this one.

Attachments:
    • Colleen
      Participant

Hi Gail,
      Sounds like you a good Memorial Day. I wish we could have seen all the girls but it just did not work out that way. It was a good day to grill because we finally had a warm day and no rain. Today it is raining and really cold again. This weather is crazy.
      I will write all those places down and see if we can stop and see them. Especially the old western town. That would be interesting. I am not sure if we will go to Mount Rushmore or the badlands. It seems like the badlands would be really hot. I wonder if they have put up any attractions there.
      It is terrible that Kids do not know about the Holocaust. Kids need to know about history and what has happened in the past. I do not understand why i they do not teach it in school or their parents do not teach them about it. It is just really sad.
      Well that is about all from here. Glad that you got to spend time with the grands and Jenny. It is so much better when you can be with your family.
      Have a great day and stay safe.
      Colleen

• Gail Norusis
      Participant

Hi Colleen,
      I think you just drive through the Badlands in your car and look at the rock formations so it shouldn’t be too hot-unless you run out of gas. lol
      Do you remember years ago Jane Tracy and the guy who sold black hills gold-Jim Whittacker had a show from Deadwood. i will have to look it up and see if it is on YouTube. I miss him coming on for the American holidays. He always had to show his socks. Gosh in the old days QVC was more fun.
      Grayson sounds so cute and it sounds like he is in to everything. Our kids are out of school for the year now.
      Usually Milk Day is the first Saturday in June but this year they are having the parade in October and the carnival this upcoming weekend. So that will be kind of weird.
      Greg and I have to go in for blood pressure checks tomorrow. It’s funny now we go together and they put us in the same room. We are like little old people now. lol
      The weather is going to get hot again now. But no rain until next week and we could use it now. Greg said our cucumber plants really caught some frost one day last week when the weather dipped so low overnight. Hopefully they make it.
      He is trying to grow melons again. We never have good luck with them.
      Gail

Attachments:
    • Colleen
      Participant

Hi Gail,
      I do not remember that show with Jane Tracey. I very seldom watch the jewelry shows because I do not wear it. All I wear is my wedding ring and that is it. My finger breaks out from wearing it. They did do some really fun things on there. Remember all the fun they use to have doing the Irish shows. They would have dancers and a group playing Irish music. I can remember they use to set it up like you were in a Pub.
      Grayson is a little character. He gets around rally fast and it is hard to pick up behind him. He likes to clear the coffee table all the time. He just starts picking things up and throwing it in the floor. He does not care if we tell him no but he is getting a little better about picking things up. It takes a while before he does it but he will do it.
      It is funny how we go to the doctor together now. When we were younger we never went together. We have different doctors so they do not do anything for us at the same time.
      We cannot grow melons either. We had a pumpkin start to vine out once but it was where we threw seeds in the compost pile. We only had one and it did not get very big. Ron wants to grow blueberries again. We did not have much luck with them either. I guess that Ron does not want to give up. We are not having much luck with our cucumbers either. We have had to replant the seeds. We just planted more and hope these will come up.
      Have a good night and stay safe.
      Colleen

• adele shanbar
      Participant

Hey girls
      I did it!
      It’s been awful up here. Rain snd very high humidity today. I’m inside going needlepoint
      Have not had visitors as it has been raining I’m hoping they will use the pool over the weekend as it will be on the 90’s. Hope the kids dome bubble stuff f to play with Pics attached
      Pics attached of the plantings I did. I think I posted them in May but here goes again. Lol
      I got a new phone. Great deal from Verizon. With my trade in it cost an extra 3.00 a month. Can’t beat that. I hit the 11 because I need the phone larger to work snd see. I have been dying only the phone. No more computer. No need for it cause phone does everything
      Hope your weather is better. I will big be going on the deck until the humidity goes down!
      Included my first pic with the new phone. Lol. lol at that puss face!! Lol. Lol
      Adele

Attachments:
    • Gail Norusis
      Participant

Hi Everyone,
      It’s going to be super hot here this weekend.
      Colleen, do you still have your pool?
      Adele, I like all your plantings.
      Colleen, Herschnerrs catalog has lots of latch hook kits. Go their website and look and you can probably also sign up to get a catalog and emails.
      Of course Amazon has everything. I ordered these cute Christmas stockings to latch hook from them.
      Yesterday Greg and i had blood pressure check ups at the doctor’s. We have a wedding coming up in July and I know he has nothing to wear as his suits are ancient and don’t fit well anymore. So after we got done with the doctor I suggested going over to Men’s Warehouse to get something for him to wear. I told him to think about getting something but I know if left to his own devices he will wait until the last minute and just run out and find something ill fitting a cheap. I suggested for our current lifestyle he should get maybe just a sport coat and a couple pair of matching pants that way he can vary the look. So he ended up getting a jacket two different colored pants to go with it and three shirts so now he will be set for pretty much anything. When he pulled out his suit for his brother’s funeral it was way too big so he ending up wearing slacks and a shirt. Even the shirt that went with the suit was too big.
      I wish some of my clothes could be too big. lol More likely they will have shrunk in the closet. lol
      How are you liking your new phone Adele? What kind do you have? I don’t think I could use the phone for everything. It takes too long to write emails or posts on it. The letters are too small.
      Gail

Attachments:
    • Colleen
      Participant

Hi Adele,
      You sure did a lot of work planting. Your deck looks really nice. Your rooster and the cart on your table. Did you get those from qvc? Your phone takes really good pictures. My phone is old and does not work as well as it use to. Ron has a newer phone and he got his from Verizon also.
      I finally got on here this morning. I just have to wait until it will let me on here. I do not know what is going on with it.

Hi Gail,
      We do not have the pool any longer. Mandy took it and it is in her garage she can not put it up the land lord will not let her. It was hard to clean out and the cover did not fit right and it fell into the pool and we could not get the levels right after that.
      I will look that site up and see what they have. I need to do something again and keep busy. I need to start reading again. I have not been reading as much. I go thru spells like that.
      Ron went to a funeral the other day and he could not fit in his suit. It was not too big he was too big for it. He won’t go and get a new suit he says he will lose the weight. So I guess I will have to go to Penny’s and try and find him some dress pants. Just getting a sports jacket might be a good idea. He is stubborn and it is hard to get him to do anything.
      We do not have a due date for the baby. She still has not seen the doctor. She will go and see her on the 16th I think or maybe it is the 15th. I can’t keep track of all the dates for seeing doctors.
      Well that is about all from here. Have a great day and stay safe.
      Colleen

• adele shanbar
      Participant

Hi girls
      I got the I phone 11. The 12 was smaller traded in mine so it cost practically nothing on their Memorial deal sale. Costs only 3.00 more a month. Sold. I said!!! Lol
      Men and clothes are a real challenge. Lol
      I got all the chickens from the Q and the cute cart centerpiece on the table
      It is gross up here too. In 90’s with gross humidity. My nose will not be going out there until this is all over
      So, last night I got into bed wrong and it felt like my hip came out of the socket. It was so bad that Bobby knocked on our door to see if I was ok
      It is hard to walk. No position anywhere stops the pain bIt is a little bettter too his am but barely. Using ice and Alleve. The pain is more localized in the center of my back Even hurts when I breathe. I just can’t catch a break
      Marissa has pneumonia. She went to the ER with pains in her chest. Ended up pneumonia. They gave her an antibiotic. She says she is ok. I don’t believe it.
      I hope all of you are ok. I hope we hear from DD soon I wonder if she felt that earthquake in California!
      Adele

• Gail Norusis
      Participant

Hi Colleen,
      Did you ever ask Tiago for help? Maybe there is something that he can do.
      Will you miss the pool? It’s too bad that it was too hard to take care of.
      You know I always have a book going. If I go for more than a day or two without reading I can feel the emptiness. That’s weird isn’t it? I would probably do more things but I like playing on my tablet too. I am like the kids. lol
      I have lots of crafts lined up but sometimes I have a hard time getting started. I have two really simple scarves that I have been working on for a couple of years. lol
      I think I am lazier in my old age too.
      Sue and I were friends on Goodreads and she read a lot too after she was retired. I miss seeing her posts of what she was reading on there. I just kind of took it for granted.
      Well Greg’s suit was probably about 15 years old too and he rarely wore it. Years ago when he was superintendent at Sun Electric he wore suits everyday and had quite a few. Then 35 years ago when they started Custom Pak he wore jeans because he was a jack of all trades in the beginning.
      I just thought getting the sport coat and pants would be better as it would be more versatile. He could make it dressier or more casual depending on the pants and shirt and shoes that he wears with it. Once I had him out of the house I thought it was a good time to suggest we go shopping. it was a strategic move on my part because I knew if left to his own devices he would put it off until the last minute. lol
      There’s a method to my madness! lol
      The weather has been hot. We did get a rain shower yesterday but then it cleared up. We might possibly get showers later today. The garden could use it.
      Gail

Attachments:
    • Gail Norusis
      Participant

Hi Adele,
      I like that little cart centerpiece too. The Q still has some cute yard stuff.
      How is your hip feeling?
      How is Marissa feeling. I remember when I had pnuemonia it mad me tired for quite a while afterwards.
      That was the benefit of wearing masks as there were very few colds and flus last year. So that kind of proves that they do work.
      Greg is over where the people that we hired are taking out the rugs and flooring in that apartment. Now we are looking to hire someone to come in a give it a thorough cleaning. I can’t believe how much money we are having to spend to put things back together. It will be a losing year on that investment. In fact we got a call from the realtor that someone is interested in buying it. although i know Greg would never sell it until it is fixed up again. He’s too proud to sell in the present condition. It makes me so mad because he always kept those apartments in pristine condition and very seldom raised rents in all the years that we had it. It certainly never made much money except maybe as a tax deduction. I don’t think it’s ever been worth all the time and aggravation he has put into it.
      The other night at dusk I looked out the window and there was a momma raccoon and six babies out by the pond. They were so cute but I couldn’t get any pictures because it was too dark for them to show up.
      Gail

Attachments:
    • Gail Norusis
      Participant

I had this all ready to post on Sunday but then I forgot to do it.

Attachments:
    • adele shanbar
      Participant

Hey Gailster
      Got a kick out of the snake. Yuck. I’d die if I saw that gross thing. Only thing it is good for is a purse
      Marissa is better but exhausted. She’s having trouble breathing in this gross humidity
      My hip is ok. The back isn’t. It is getting a little better every day so that is good
      I miss Sue snd Barbara. This just plain sucks. So many people have died in the past year. Not to mention Heather too. In two weeks it will be a year. It’s gonna be a hard day. It is what it is.
      Being a landlord stinks. People don’t care. It’s hard to get someone who is clean, takes care of things, and let’s you know if there is a problem you need to handle
      When I rented I treated it like my own. Lots of people are not like that. One bad tenant can cost you thousands. I hope Greg decided to sell. A lot less headaches
      Have a good night
      Adele

• Colleen
      Participant

Hi All,
      I did ask Tiago if he could help with this but he can’t. He did tell me one thing to try but it did not work. So will just keep trying different times of the day and see if I can get on here.
      I do miss the pool. I wish that we would have hired someone to come and clean and show us how to do it. I think that was our main problem. Ron did not want to do that I think he just wanted to get rid of the pool. I was really tired of hearing him complain about cleaning it out. So it was one of those battles that was not worth fighting. The kids did not want to help clean it out so we gave it to one of them.
      I really like all the memes that you posted. They are really funny. I cannot believe that snake that was in that house. I would be afraid to come in the house if that big thing was in my living room. That is really creepy.

Hi Adele, How is Marissa? I hope that she is doing better. It is so hard to get back to normal after being sick. If it is not one thing it is another. I really like all the things that you have on your porch. I did not know that QVC sold such cute things for outside. I guess that I need to watch more of those shows. I have not been watching the Q that much lately. They seem to be boring. I found a lot of different food to taste. I really like David’s cookies. They have really good sugar free treats. We bought a sugar free cake and it is really good. Their cookies do also. They are a lot better then Cheryl’s.
      How are you doing? Did your hip pop back into place or did you have to call the doctor? I hope that you are getting around better and the pain is gone.
      Not a whole lot going on here. So I guess that I will get off here. Talk to all of you next time I can get on here. Have a good day and stay safe.
      Colleen

• adele shanbar
      Participant

Ho Colleen
      The hip hurt like hell that night but the next day it was more localized in my back. Since we that incident I have been having trouble walking. I am very sore so Zi fo the ice treatments snd take Alleve. I hope it will all just go away eventually
      I have nit seen much of interest in the Q either I wonder if it is a supply issue. I only found one out dude decoration this year thst I liked. I love the chickens I gif kart year. They are so colorful! Thst cart from kart year will need to be painted next year I can spray paint it. We sell all kinds of that stuff. Lol
      Marissa goes back to the dr tomorrow. She feels better but is exhausted She had a hard time breathing outside when it was hit snd humid
      Hope you can continue to get on here!!
      Adele.

• Dianne Danielson
      Participant

Hi Ladies,
      I’m baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaack!!! Yes I’m alive. Sorry I haven’t been on here this month. Boy does the time flyyyyyyyyyy!! All I’m hearing is how brutally hot it is back there. Out here, we can’t get out of the 60s!! Some days not out of the 50s!! A big rain storm is heading our way tomorrow & most of the weekend. Seems like just a few days ago I was in short shorts & tank tops with the AC going. I have to turn the heat up a little in the evening cuz it cools down so much! We’re in severe drought conditions out here too. You may have seen it on the news. The whole Western side of the country is bone dry & getting drier by the day.
      OK I’m done for tonight. I had alot more on here but something went haywire & lost most of this post.
      I’ll try & remember what I’d written tomorrow. Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr
      dd

• adele shanbar
      Participant

Hi DD
      So glad to hear from you
      We have been in a drought as well. Then we got a huge rain storm. No rain since then. Supposed to get a little tonight into tomorrow am
      This global warming is getting bad. I hope the fires don’t start up again in your side if the country
      It has been weird posting lately. J in have had the post fussiest you
      I hope you can get in shsin tomorrow!!
      Luv u
      Adele

• adele shanbar
      Participant

Hi DD
      So glad to hear from you
      We have been in a drought as well. Then we got a huge rain storm. No rain since then. Supposed to get a little tonight into tomorrow am
      This global warming is getting bad. I hope the fires don’t start up again in your side if the country
      It has been weird posting lately. J in have had the post fussiest you
      I hope you can get in shsin tomorrow!!
      Luv u
      Adele

• Gail Norusis
      Participant

Adele,
      What does “J in have had the post fussiest you.” mean? lol lol
      I can usually figure out the typos but that one has me scratching my head.
      Also-“I hope you can get in shsin tomorrow”
      See post above mine.
      Thanks in advance for the explanation. it’s like trying to do a puzzle deciphering the meaning. lol
      Gail

• Colleen
      Participant

Hi Adele,
      I know that really hurts when it settles in your back. It is really hard to do anything when your ack hurts. Have you tried an ice bag or heat on your back? They say to use ice that usually helps.
      It is really hot and humid here also. We went out today and had a good day. We went to a quilt show and they had some beautiful quilts. They give you a piece of paper and pencil so you can vote on the quilt you would like to see win. They had one that was all purple and it was beautiful. I bought chances on a quilt but probably will not win. I am not very lucky when it comes to drawings. We went to an inside flea market and found a ward robe that I would like to buy but it was too much money. It needed to be repainted and they did not have the key for it. That would not bother me can’t see a reason to lock it .After that we went to an Amish store and bought some fresh bake goods the we went out to eat. We did not go to any places that did not have air conditioning in it. It was too hot for that.
      What did the doctor say about Marissa? I hope that she is doing a lot better now and breathing easier. How is Sonny doing? I bet he is really growing. I know that Grayson is. He is talking a lot more also.
      Well that is about all from here. Have a great night and stay safe.
      Colleen

• Colleen
      Participant

Hi DD,
      Glad that you are feeling okay. It is really hot here. I will trade your weather for our weather any day. I like the cooler weather never been much of a summer person.
      It is interesting how this will lose our posts. Where do they go? It is hard to figure out. My computer has started to work right again. I can get on this site right now. I just hope that it keeps up and I do not lose it again. I do not know what happened to get it back on again but I thank God that it is on again. The computer came on and it ran a clean up on here. So maybe that is what fixed it.
      Most of what has been gong on here I wrote on Adele’s post. So guess that I will get off of here. Have a great night and stay safe.
      Colleen

• adele shanbar
      Participant

Omg!!
      I try to catch the typos. It’s the auto correct. It prints weirdo stuff as I type. Lol
      I think I was saying I also gave issues at times getting on. And I was hoping DD could get back on the next dsy. Lol
      Adele

• adele shanbar
      Participant

Hi Colleen
      Marissa got a stringer antibiotic. She has to hi girls an X-ray next week and if the dr dies not like how it looks he is sending her for a lung scan
      Sonny is so funny. He makes the funniest faces. I love how he says”more” when he likes what you feed him. He is so fast! Marissa is exhausted from running after him cause it’s hard gif her to breathe
      You had a really nice day!! I would have loved to tag along! Lol
      I think my hip is gone. It’s been bad. I can’t go to the ER now. Frankie is on vacation snd I can’t risk them keeping me snd leaving Gary alone to handle business. We are hiring Pina to go to the warehouse every day. Gary Will gave to see all the customers
      I’m worried about how he can do that all week
      Hope your weather is better
      Adele

• Dianne Danielson
      Participant

Hi Ladies,
      It’s a pretty lousy days out here. We got rain, but it’s also muggy. Usually it’s chilly when it rains, but it’s pretty muggy today. But it’s gonna dry out & heat up later this week. We could be back to the upper 80s/low 90s by next weekend.
      the Q & most of TV is boring anymore!! I guess it’s summer so we’ll be in reruns till the new season begins. Maybe it’s just me.
      OK I gotta question for ya. what is it about cats & laundry baskets & boxes? Whenever I do laundry & sort it out guess who is right there to jump in & take possession of it??!! I have an appointment for her to get her hair cut this week. She won’t be happy with mommy that’s for sure.
      Well, that’s all for now. If I think of anything I’ll write it down so I don’t forget it.
      Take care, stay safe, stay well.
      dd

Attachments:
    • Colleen
      Participant

Hi Adele,
      I hope that the doctor finds what is going on with Marissa. I am surprised they have waited this long to do an x-ray. It seems like they would have done that right away. I guess they do things different these days.
      Grayson is stuck on saying Hi. He will say it over and over again. He will keep on saying it until you say it back to him. Not just one time either. He also likes the word bagel. He won’t eat them but he likes to say it. He is a really big boy and he never loses any weight. He grows some and he still does not get any skinnier.
      I hope that it is the pain that is gone and not your hip .lol I hope that Frankie will be back soon so you can get that hip taken care of. That is terrible to be in that much pain.
      The weather is really hot here still. We are not supposed to have any more rain until next but I hope they are wrong. It has really dried things out since it has been so hot. The garden is looking really good hope we get a lot out of the garden this year.
      Well that is all from here. Have a good night and stay safe.
      Colleen

• Colleen
      Participant

Hi DD
      Snowball is such a pretty cat. It will be interesting to see how she looks and reacts to having it done. I have no idea why a cat likes boxes and laundry baskets. I wonder if they like to get in there with the clean clothes because they smell so fresh.
      It seems like once the weather got so hot it just hung around. It has been in the nineties since last week. It does not look like that it is going to cool down any time soon. I am glad that you got some rain. Hope it cuts down on the fire danger.
      I do not understand why QVC does not have more of the vendors on the shows now. They finally let them start eating the food that they have on their gourmet shows. I do not see how they could do it. I could not resist tasting the food. It would be hard to talk about how good the foods taste if I have not tasted it.
      Well that it is about all from here, Have a good night and stay safe.
      Colleen

• adele shanbar
      Participant

Hi DD
      My cats lived nixes and bags. When I brought home groceries they would go in the bags (!paper ones). Mine didn’t go in the laundry basket. Lol
      It is going to storm up handy second. Lots of thunder and lightening in the way. Yikes
      I love that sign. I saved it to my pics
      Love the kitty pics too
      Oh yes. This time of year I watch HGTV a lot!!
      Adele

• adele shanbar
      Participant

Hi Colleen
      The hospital did an X-ray when she went to the ER. Her dr wants to wait to see if the new round if antibiotic works to see if it’s all gone. It’s very confusing!!
      She is finally feeling a little better so that is encouraging
      The pain from the hip has been a challenge. I used the walker yesterday to take find pressure off the hip. It did work
      I hope your weather gets better. It’s going to storm up here shortly
      Adele

• Colleen
      Participant

Hi Adele,
      I just wondered why they would not have taken an x-ray when she first went in. I am so glad that she is starting to feel better. It is hard when you are sick to take care of a baby. He is at that active age where you have to chase them all over the place. So there is no just sitting and resting.
      It is surprising how much a walker can be. I know that when I broke the bone in my leg I could not have gotten around if I did not have one. So now I have a walker and a cane just in case. I had to use both of them at one time.
      I am glad that the pain in the hip is getting better. Just take it easy and do not try to do too much until it is better. All the rainy weather and humidity s not helping. Our weather is really hot here still. How is your weather? I hope your weather gets better soon.
      Have a great night and stay safe.
      Colleen

• Gail Norusis
      Participant

Hi Everyone,
      It’s been very dry here too. There’s a chance of rain tomorrow and Friday but it’s not a big one. I just wish we could have a nice rain but not storms but it always seems to be storms. Greg has to water the garden all the time.
      Colleen, I wish I could have seen the quilt show. I love quilts! I remember when the Q used to have beautiful quilt shows with limited edition quilts. It was always a danger to me when they were on. I miss those shows.
      I wonder if the vendors will come back to the Q. I know some of them have to fly in for shows or appearances and it might just be cheaper for them just to continue staying home.
      DD, how does Snowball like her haircut?
      Adele, I hope Marissa is feeling better. I remember when I had pneumonia I had antibiotics but also two different inhalers. I caught it in the summer too which was kind of different. It is hard to chase that baby when you aren’t feeling well.
      Last weekend we wanted to take Lachlan to the batting cages to practice his baseball hitting because Greg thought that he could help him. So we ended up going on Saturday and even thought it was later in the day it was still 91 out. First we went to play miniature golf and of course half way through I got over heated and had to quit and go to the car and blast the AC to cool off. This is about the 4th or 5th time I have done that to myself in the heat. I try because I want to be able to do stuff but I just get over heated so easily. I don’t want to be a party pooper but I just can’t help myself. It makes me sad that I can’t do what I want to with the kids. Anyway, we went indoors for a while to play the video games. Everyone who wasn’t vaccinated was supposed to be wearing masks but no one was but Jenny and her kids and I’m sure all those people weren’t vaccinated-we were probably the only ones actually as we were the only old people there. lol Then we went out to the batting cages and halfway through Lachlan said the ball hit his hand and he got scared and gave up. Greg and I think he probably just got a stinger from the bat. After that Greg just tried to give him some batting tips. Kendall didn’t come-she stayed home with her girl friend and Ricky didn’t come because he said it was too hot. Wimp! lol
      On the way home Greg and I stopped to pick up barbecue from a place and right after we stopped Jenny pulled up to get ice cream for the kids so we treated them to their ice cream.
      Jenny did say that at Monday’s game Lachlan got two hits so maybe the batting cage or Greg’s words helped. We weren’t at the game because Greg has golf league on Mondays.
      It has been nice to be able to go to games again this year. Both Lachlan and Piper are playing and Jenny is coaching Piper’s team. It’s nice to just sit outdoors amidst other people again and to be able to chat with the people that we see.
      Even though we didn’t mind being home alone together for the past year it’s nice to see fresh faces. I think it probably bothered me more than Greg as I am more social than he is-plus it was more of a novelty for him to stay home after all his years of work.
      Did anyone else feel like the Q really offered less summer clothes than they normally do? It seems like they are still showing a lot of long pants and long sleeved shirts and normally in the summer it’s more capris and crops and short sleeves. I wonder if the supply chain is so far behind because of covid that some of the stuff they are showing is stuff that was supposed to be shown last winter but it didn’t arrive in time.
      Earlier this week there was a huge chemical plant fire and explosion about 40 miles from here and you could see the black smoke from the back of our property. Greg’s company buys stuff from that plant he he says he knows the owners. Fortunately no one was hurt. I know people within a mile are evacuated and not cleared to go back home yet. it is big news in our area of the country.
      Hope everyone is good and enjoying the summer. I sure am looking forward to being out and about more.
      I finally have an appointment for a hair cut but she did not have the time for a color job. I hope I can get that soon. Before a wedding that we are going to next month. Fingers crossed.
      Gail

Attachments:
    • Colleen
      Participant

Hi Gail,
      The quilt show was really good. There was one where a woman made one out of silk blouses from a thrift store. It was cute and it seems like it would be hard to make. It was pretty.
      I love the memes you posted. Especially the stork delivering the baby. That was funny. They were all really funny but that one just made me think of how many people use to say that the stork delivers babies when we were little.
      There are a lot of shows that are not showing on QVC. I would think that by now the vendors could come on the shows. They could use the social distancing. It would make the show a lot more interesting. QVC has been really boring lately. The way they are doing it where the vendors are doing their own shows makes me wonder if that is how they are going to start doing shows. I hope not they are not as good.
      I cannot stand the heat either. Now I have to wear a hat whenever I go outside if I stay outside for very long. It is really aggravating. I do not always remember to bring one.
      We heard about that explosion. That was close to Rockford but not sure how close. We looked at a house in that town once. I cannot remember why we did not buy it Ron could not remember either. I feel sorry for the people that live in that town.
      Aliza is playing t-ball this year. She is really excited about playing. Owen is not playing any type of sport this year he is racing though. He really likes it so I think that he will continue to race.
      I had high lights put in my hair. She put caramel color on it this time. She did red once but went kind of crazy with the red. She had more red then my normal color. I think that they opened things up soon there then they did where you are.
      Colleen

• adele shanbar
      Participant

Hey Gailster and everyone
      You had a full day of happy events! Accept the hot sun issue….I get that too. I cannot stand the sun or heat. Makes me sick to my stomach
      I bet Lachlan will improve in baseball with his grandfathers tips! That is something he will always remember
      You and Colleen have such cool things to go to…. a quilt show. I would have loved to live more in the country
      It’s been bad here. Everyone is testy and on edge. The anniversary of Heather’s death is Fathers Day Gary feels it is inappropriate to celebrate Fathers Day this year. I feel the opposite. Heather would be sad for nobody to celebrate Gary Enzo and Jhonny.
      Gary decided we will get Kane’s donuts for Saturday am and anyone who wants to come by can stop by. Marissa snd Enzo will be here. Aizen is sick, so Steph won’t be here.
      I just hope to get through this weekend without crying too much. So far I have been ok. Just cried at the news. Lol
      Adele

• Dianne Danielson
      Participant

Hi Ladies,
      HAPPY FIRST FULL DAY OF SUMMER!!! I hope everyone had a lovely weekend, & Father’s Day,(the guys that is). I know everyone didn’t have one but I hope you made it through okay.
      Well it’s gonna be a scorcher tomorrow, Monday. Could reach 100 but it cools down Tues. down to the 80s. I got one of those little AC you see advertised on TV for $40. Dan & Hallie went to Home Depot & there was a big display of them so I grabbed one. I haven’t used it yet, but I will in the next day or so.
      It’s really little so you can set it beside you on the nite stand.
      By the way, there’s a 2 hr QF show Monday afternoon ET. I think it’s 1:00 pm ET. I haven’t seen a 2 hr show in a very long time!!!
      Not much going on here. Just baking in the heat. We don’t have the high humidity though. Thank goodness.
      Take care, stay safe, stay well, stay cool!!
      dd

Attachments:
    • Gail Norusis
      Participant

Hi DD,
      We haven’t reached 100 yet but we have been quite close. I hope that little AC unit will work well for you.
      I love the picture of that flower garden. Wow. It’s beautiful.
      I am looking forward to a two hour Quacker show today. They are few and far between anymore. it will be nice to see Angel on the regular Q even if it’s remote.
      Gail

Attachments:
    • Gail Norusis
      Participant

Hi Colleen,
      I thought that explosion might make the national news.
      The beauty shops have been opened here for a while too. I just was not ready to go in until I was fully vaccinated. I feel better after getting the haircut but will feel much better after it is colored again. I have an appointment but it is not until August as she is so booked up. Plus she takes a two week vacation in July. I told her to call me if she gets a cancellation before August though. I now have all the rest of my appointments through the rest of the year though so eventually I will get back on track.
      I liked when the little kids played tball. They would be staring up at the clouds or picking things out of the grass. Everything but paying attention. lol
      Our 48th anniversary is Wednesday. We will probably go watch a little league game that day as Lachlan is playing.
      We got some rain last night and it will only be in the lower 70’s today and the 40’s tonight.
      Gail

Attachments:
    • Gail Norusis
      Participant

Hi Adele,
      I hope yesterday turned out okay. Those anniversaries are so tough.
      I agree with you though. Heather would not have wanted for the Father’s not to have their day. She also would not want her daughters to continue to be so sad. She would want them to go out and live their lives with gusto and joy and to remember her with happiness. Life is for the living and she would want them to live theirs to the fullest. They have to remember it is not dishonoring her memory to feel happy. She would want them to have joy.
      I hope Aizen is feeling better.
      How is the gout and your back?
      It feels so good to be getting out now even if it is just to the kids baseball games.
      We went over to Jenny’s on Friday as the kids didn’t have tumbling class. We missed so much in the past year as now they just hang with their friends when we are there. They grow up so fast. lol Oh well. At least we can see them again.
      Gail

Attachments:
    • adele shanbar
      Participant

Hi DD
      Thanks for the heads up on the show. Tillie and I almost missed it!!!
      It’s awful up here. 90 and humid. Plus the pool spring a leak and it’s getting worst. If it blows it will take the two sheds and fence with it. Gary went to get flex tape to try snd plug it up more. He plugged the first one and a second one started right next to it bathe pool man is straight out until after July 4 th. We called him again snd he said he would stop by on his way home for a look see
      There is always something going on up here. Can’t seem to catch a break. It is what it is as they say
      I’m glad you got the mini air conditioner. You need to be able to sleep b It’s awful when it’s this hot
      Steph suggested we plant some rose bushes in her Moms favorite color….orange. I ordered a few. They all came as of today. She will plant them. We wanted to plant them yesterday but they all did not come. They are here today
      Steph Jhonny and the boys were here yesterday. They were in the pool and we all ate dinner together. I’m glad they were here. It made the day easier.
      Gary’s son came by and took him to lunch. He stayed a while too after they came by. The more the merrier to make the day go by!
      Let me know if you got something from the show!!
      Hope you stay cool. Love the pics We need the smiles
      Adele

• adele shanbar
      Participant

Happy Anniversary Gail and Greg!!!!
      Love. Adele

• adele shanbar
      Participant

Hey Gailster
      Please read the post to DD for all the info…..
      Love the signs. Lol
      It is so good for you to be at Jennys again on Friday nights. The kids get old so fast and we are no longer the light of their lives. Lol.
      Aizen is better but it left him with a cough. He was very funny yesterday. Would not stop talking for one second
      I totally agree. Heather would not want everyone to be so sad all the time. Marissa was here Saturday On Sunday she went to Enzo’s sisters. She sent pics of Santino in the little kiddie pool. He was having a grand time

Colleen
      We heard something about an explosion last week but not much. Is everyone ok???
      How was your Fathers Day??
      We did take out

Love all of you…..DD. Gailster and Colleen!!!
      I have the Quacker show on …
      Adele

• Gail Norusis
      Participant

Adele,
      That explosion was at a town in Illinois about 40 miles from us. You could see the clouds of black smoke from our yard.
      it was a chemical company. Greg sometimes does business with them. Fortunately no one was hurt but the people living in a mile radius were evacuated for quite a few days because of air quality.

• adele shanbar
      Participant

Hey Gailster
      Thst was very lucky for all the people who lived near by. You hate to see people’s homes snd people get hurt. There seems to be so much tragedy all around lately
      Have a good one!
      Adele

• Dianne Danielson
      Participant

HI Ladies,
      Well, I hope everyone is doing fine. I know what you mean when you talk about being out & about among people at long last. I still wear a mask if I’m in a crowded place otherwise I don’t. It feels good to know I’m vaccinated. Some stores require wearing a mask. I believe Oregon is on the verge of opening up completely soon. We’re closing in on 70% vaccinations.
      Now for our big news. We’re in for temps we’ve NEVER EVER seen before. This weekend we hit 100 for three days, but I saw later on we could see temps over 110!!! If so it’s unheard of here!! Az, yes, but not here. It’s hot even in Canada. I follow several cat sites & the families, & they’ve been talking about hot it is in BC & Victoria. I don’t think they’ve seen temps like we’re about to have.
      the best place to be will be on the coast. They’ll have temps in the 60s!!! with fog. The only time it’s hot over there is when the East wind blows & it reaches the beaches. The ocean temps are like in the 50s so it isn’t like the Gulf of Mexico or Atlantic. The Pacific never really warms up enough to go in & feel safe enough to swim.
      Snowball still hasn’t had her hair cut yet!! The generator broke down & they’re waiting for a backlog of
      90 days!!! All due to Covid. they were supposed to be looking for a smaller one but I haven’t heard back from them yet. So who knows when they’ll be able to get here.
      I saw the explosion on the news. I didn’t realize it was so close to you, Gail. I’m glad you weren’t involved in it.
      Adele, I did put a couple of those beautiful tops in my cart. I hope they’ll be available when I can afford to order em. This is the first showing of all summer tops on QF I’ve seen in a really long time. And they had some beauties this time. Did you get any?
      Well, that’s about all for tonight.
      dd

Attachments:
    • Dianne Danielson
      Participant

Hi again,
      Gail, I saw your post for June 6, 1944. I’d like to know why it isn’t a holiday considering the sacrifice of that day & what they did for the world that day. I didn’t see anything on the news about it that day.
      Thank you for remembering.
      dd

• adele shanbar
      Participant

Hi DD
      Omg. Above 100 is just awful. I will be praying your electricity stays on so you can use the small air conditioner you bought Please be careful. People can get very sick in this weather
      How is Critt?? I hope he is ok in this awful heat. And….. it is not even July yet!
      I got aTillie a couple of the shirt sleeve shirts for her birthday and Mother’s Day. Also hit her the 3/4 sleeve jacket. So, there was nothing that caught my eye for her since I got those
      I did see they got a new holiday cardigan in…. I think. There was no image available. I ordered it anyway. Lol. I am hoping it is not one they had last year. I had to get it on waitlist. Imagine…. It was gone and you could not even see the design! I have all of those cardigans I have been wearing a tank top and either a Quacker cardigan or Isaac Mizrahi one. They are so comfy and as I get hot and cold all day long the cardigan gets out in and off all day. Even in winter I wear a mock neck turtleneck sleeveless under the cardigans I was lucky and got a few velvet ones from Isaac at end of season. They are so comfy!! I am in them all winter long. Quacker should comeout with some velvet cardigans!! On the bottom I wear the Anybody cargo pants they are very comfy. I wear. My Quacker pants when I go out. But, I have nit been going out at all. I have nit left the house since the day of Heather’s wake I do need to get to the dentist for a cleaning soon. I brush, gloss,?and do the water pick thing so my teeth are not too bad. But I do need a professional cleaning!!
      I hope the weather out there calms down and gets cool. That is just awful to deal with every day!!!!
      Luv u
      Adele
      Attaching a few pics of the needlepoint coin purses I am making for everyone 🥴. Plus the cactus eyeglass case I did for Gary for Fathers Day and the little darning scissor cases for my three girlfriends. Lol. I have been keeping myself very busy. I did the mouse one for Aizen. I am working on the crown one for JJ. Lol. The crown one is the only one you could use for a young boy. Lol

Attachments:
    • Colleen
      Participant

Hi Gail,
      I was surprised that my friend did not call when it happened. She use to keep me informed about all that was going on in Rockford and the towns around there.
      It is nice to see everything opening up. I like to be able to be around everyone again. We have been going to restaurants and eating. We were just picking food up and bringing it home at first. I think that it was hard to find places that you could sit down to eat inside. I think that things opened earlier then it did where you live.
      Happy Anniversary! Two more years and you will hit the 50th. Did you do anything for your anniversary? I hope you got to go out to dinner at a really nice restaurant. It will be nice to spend some time with Jenny and the kids.
      Did you ordered anything from QVC the other day? I did not see anything that I could not live with out. I did like the tsv but did not get it. I think that I have one of those tops from the last time they were on. I think that I got a different color.
      Thank-you for posting the memes. They are so funny. Well that is about all from here have a great day and stay safe.
      Colleen

• Colleen
      Participant

Hi Adele,
      I am so aggravated. I just wrote a post to you and the whole thing disappeared. It is so aggravating when it does that. I just would like to know where it goes.
      I am sorry to hear about your pool. I hope that the pool man can fix it. Your kids really enjoy getting into the pool. Have you ever gotten into the pool? I never hear you talk about getting into the pool. Your pool looks to be a really nice one. It is a lot nicer then the pool we had.
      I wish you would have posted pictures of the other cases you made I would like to see the crown and the mouse that you did for Aizen. You really do such a good job on everything you make. I have got to get better at what I do. I need to start to do things like the latch hooking again.
      That explosion was close to where I use to live. We use to live in Rockford Illinois and the town where the explosion was is close to there. I am not sure if they had any damage from it or not.
      Ron had two Father’s day celebration. Mandy and Kylie and Grayson came over on Father’s day and I fixed beef stroganoff with salad. That is Ron’s favorite meal. On Monday Danyielle, Aliza and Owen came over and they bought dinner. They got it from a bbq place. They have such good food and they give you enough for two meals. So we had a really great day. Just wish that Melissa could have been here but she did call her dad and talked to him for a long time. Did Gary have a good Fathers day? I am glad that Steph got to swim in the pool with the kids and Johnny.
      Colleen

• adele shanbar
      Participant

Hi Colleen
      I will try again to load the picas. Not done with the crown one. Hope to get it done for tomorrow when JJ comes for his graduation celebration. The last time I posted pics they did not load
      I used to be in the pool every day. It is too hard to get in there , even though Gary got me the stairs. I have so much trouble walking and I’m so unstable on my feet I worry I would fall in there and drown. So I don’t go in. I used to love it. It was so nice and cool. Those were the days!!!
      Gary did not want a celebration because it was the anniversary of Heather’s death. I did make him go out for lunch with his son and grands. He has not seen them since the pandemic began. Once everyone is fully vaccinated here they will visit here again. Amanda need to be two weeks out after her second shot. I’m not sure what that date will be. Lol
      It sounds like Ron had a good time! I’m glad. Also glad you are getting out again
      I had Nancy and Gerald visit today for brunch!!! It was the first visit in two years!!! It was really nice and felt like we had our lives back
      Weather is nice up here. No humidity
      Gary’s customer is coming in Saturday to fix the pool. He is the top guy for rust/restoration. He feels he will be able to fix the leak. Gary hopes to have the pool filled back up on Sunday. It takes a few minutes to drain it but a long time to fill it!!
      Hope you have a good day!
      Adele

Attachments:
    • Dianne Danielson
      Participant

Hi Ladies,
      I hope everyone is fine. I have Down Home with David on. He’s kicking off CIJ with some Christmas things on the show. It starts this weekend. I already ordered something that won’t be delivered till Aug. He had a whole forest of those 24″ ceramic Christmas trees in several new colors, including clear lights on a few of the trees. I ordered the red multi tree. I’ve wanted a red tree for yrs, but never saw one till today!! It sold out before the end of the presentation, I think. I’m hoping they’ll come out with the smaller version of the trees in the same colors in July.
      Ok, here’s the weather report. Starting Friday the heat will start. It’s been really nice the past 3 days.
      Sat. & Sun., & maybe into next week we will see temps that have NEVER been seen here ever!! One or two predictions are saying 111 on Sunday & maybe Monday. The hottest record temp ever recorded was in 1898, 117!! And that wasn’t in Portland, but a town in Eastern Oregon. this will set & break all time records. this ‘heat dome” will be all over the west, even into Canada. What’s amazing is Portland & Seattle is on the short list of the least # of ACs in homes. We don’t get this hot for this many days. With that said, they’re saying the power grid should be safe. Hopefully by Tues. it should be back down to the 80s. The biggest concern is fires of course.
      Well, that’s all for now. I gotta go eat something.
      take care, stay safe, stay well & stay cool
      dd

Attachments:
    • Colleen
      Participant

Hi DD,
      I hope that your weather gets cooler soon. just hope that you can keep cool in your apartment in all this heat. I hope that you like that small air conditioner. Does it work really well? Does it just cool you in a small area. I was wondering how well they work and how big an area they will cool.
      They are starting the CIJ really early this year. Just like the Hall Mark channel. They are showing the Christmas movies already. It seems like that is starting really early also. I cannot believe that they are doing this so early. By the time Christmas gets here we will be tired of the movies. They had one on tonight.
      Well that is about all from here. Have a good night and stay safe.
      Colleen
      p.s. thank you for posting all the pictures. They are really pretty.
      Colleen

• adele shanbar
      Participant

Hi DD
      I missed the show with Dave. I’ll look on the site

• adele shanbar
      Participant

Omg. The post posted and I was not done!
      I was saying I’ll check the items presented. Lol
      I love the CIJ shows. I usually find something for the boys and the rest of them
      I hope you can stay cool. Temps like that are very dangerous. Worst comes to worst take a cold shower. It will be like when you were a kid and running through the sprinkler !! It’s hard to stay cool when it is that bad
      It’s humid up here but cooler. It will be in the 90’s by Sunday and stay there for about a week.
      Steph and the family are coming tonight to celebrate JJ’s graduation. They can’t use the pool because if the leak. Gary drained it down below the leak because his customer is coming to fix it tomorrow. The pool man never came back or called. I’m just glad we found someone to repair it.
      I hope you get that red tree. They run out of things very fast. Let me know if you were able to order the red one
      Hope your weekend goes well and you are able to stay comfortable
      Adele

• Gail Norusis
      Participant

Hi Everyone,
      DD, I hope you are finding a way to keep cool. Those are really dangerously high temps that you are having.
      I’m glad that you found that red tree. it will be so pretty!
      I know I have a big ceramic one that my MIL made and I treasure it. I always worry when Greg carries it up and down from the basement each year. He already has dropped a candy dish that she made for me bringing it down stairs but it was an accident so I couldn’t be mad but I was sad.
      I guess I make a special effort to remember the veterans as my Dad served both in WWII ad Korea so I always think of him on the holidays that honor veterans. D Day was such a huge endeavor and so many lost their lives and I wonder if the modern school children are even taught about it anymore. I always think how terrifying it must have been for those young men landing on that beach all those years ago.
      I did get the TSV and the new Americana shirt from Quacker.
      Adele, I wear those anybody joggers around the house during the winter. They are lose fitting and comfy.
      I’m glad that you are getting the pool repaired.
      It’s hard to believe that you have not left the house in a year even to go to a doctor or dentist.
      I’ll bet you really enjoyed your visit with your friends after all this time.
      Did JJ have an in person graduation? Gosh next year he will be in high school then.
      Kendall will be in eighth grade. She just got braces and is not a happy camper as they hurt. Jenny and I can sympathize as we both had them too. When we were there last Friday we never saw her at all. I guess we will have to get used to talking to her bedroom door. lol
      Colleen, we have mostly been going to the kids baseball games but it’s so nice to be able to do that again and see other people.
      I tried to get a reservation at this new fancy restaurant for our anniversary last weekend but they were booked up so I have a time this Friday night. I figure we can skip Friday with Jenny as we will probably get together over the weekend for the 4th.
      We have been in a rainy period now and will be until the end of the week with rain off and on.
      I did enjoy the CIJ shows. I especially like the Valerie shows-I just like to watch her ideas. I did get her TSV-not that I need it. One thing nice is everything is advanced order so I won’t have to store it and then forget where I put it. lol
      Gail

Attachments:
    • adele shanbar
      Participant

Omg Gailster
      That check engine light really hit home. Lol
      It is amazing when I say I have not been out. I am lucky I don’t have a tooth ache. I do need to get the teeth cleaned. I’m afraid I won’t be able to get in the Jeep. The ankles and right leg is bad. It’s pain and sciatica pain Sucks
      I can’t even sit in the recliner. It makes the pain worst. I watch TV in the kitchen snd we sometimes roll a kitchen chair in the living room. Lol.
      JJ had a drive through graduation. Patents drove in a line to the school. The graduate hit out snd had a picture taken with the principal and got their diploma. Got back in car and it was over. Pretty bad.
      We used our graduation paper goods 3 times over the weekend. Steph snd crew were here all 3 days. They planted. Did some stuff for Tillie and just hung out. Aizen did a snap chat account for me. I don’t know too much yet on how to do stuff. Lol. Lol
      He wanted to be able to snap chat face time me. Lol
      It’s gross up here. The air cannot keep up. It’s not humid in here but the temp is about 80. It will get cooler when it gets dark. It was almost 100 today. Tomorrow will be worst
      The pool is running.
      Here’s a funny story about Santino today. He learned how to open his soppy cup. He dolled the water in the floor, and then tried to lick it up like his dog, Luna does. Marissa freaked. I laughed and told her babies who have dogs will copy them. I wish she got a video of it. They could have gone on America’s Funniest Videos!!!
      Not doing much this week. Gary did not even want to do the hot dogs in the grille I got these new Boars Head no nitrates long dogs from the local meat shop on Instacart. They were really good snd not salty. I also got Boars Head knockwurst. Everyone liked them and it’s an easy summer supper with a salad and rolls!
      Accept the husband didn’t want to go out there to cook them and I didn’t want to heat the kitchen up more with the inside grille from the Q. Lol. Lol
      Hope your weather is better
      Forgot to say. I use an ekectric toothbrush, then floss, then use the water pick on my teeth. So my teeth don’t get too much tartar. But I have two areas where the gums are a little sore so I need to get to the dentist before I have a problem!! Lol
      Attaching the piece of the pool that rotted out and Gary with his customer attaching the new metal pieces
      Adele

Attachments:
    • Gail Norusis
      Participant

Starting new page for the month of July. See you all there.

Viewing 53 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Share on Facebook
Facebook
Pin on Pinterest
Pinterest
Tweet about this on Twitter
Twitter
Email this to someone
email

Share this with a Smile
X Close
Watch QVC
top finds links QVC LIVE QVC PLUS QVC UK