Quacker Chat for February 20212021-02-01T12:08:00-05:00

Home Forums General Quacker Chatter Quacker Chat for February 2021

Viewing 99 reply threads
  • Author
      Participant

Hi Everyone,
      Has your snow started yet? We ended up with about 12 to 14 inches. It snowed all Saturday night and most of yesterday. Of course Greg got the pick up truck stuck right off the side of the garage. he had me trying to pull him out with the SUV but that didn’t work so i called Jenny’s friend who lives down the street and her husband pulled him out with his truck in about ten seconds. Thank goodness. So we are all done with snow for now and the sun is shining. Until next time. lol
      I ended up making soup too. My go to hamburger soup. So we had that for dinner last night and will probably have it for lunch the next couple days.
      Adele, that’s nice that you can get your hair cut at home. I have not had mine cut or colored in a year now. I think that’s the first thing I want to do when I can go out again. I don’t want the Johnson and Johnson vaccine-it’s only 66% effective compared to 95% for the other two and it was also not tested on obese people(which includes me) or diabetics-at least that is what I read. i would rather have the two shots that are more effective. I would get a shot every month if it kept me safe and allowed me to live somewhat normally.
      Colleen, I’m glad that Brook likes the job at Walmart and that she has better hours. Will Melissa be looking for work too now so that she can get her own place. I know around here most places are looking for workers. I’m glad Kylie got her job back. it’s incomprehensible to me why she wouldn’t want to be able to drive and not have to rely on other people. It gives you so much more independence. Gosh when I was a kid I couldn’t wait to get my license and drive myself places-our kids were the same way and I was glad too because then i didn’t have to drive them back and forth everywhere all the time. it was like getting back a bunch of hours during the day.
      Gail
      I hope all our eastern friends are getting socked too bad with snow.

Attachments:
    • Anonymous
      Inactive

We had snow yesterday but that was not to bad only several inches. We got more over night & has been snowing today. It is to continue until 5AM. So will have to see how much more we get. Roads were bad today. I shoveled my walk so it would not be too deep for me to handle. My neighbor did around my car. I did not see him & tried to call to give him some soup but no answer so he was probably out helping someone else. So need to try again. Its good soup weather & homemade is the best. I used up all my partially used bags of veggies. I am thinking of making a grilled ham & cheese sandwich tonight.

Don’t forget Quacker Factory is on QVC Thursday 2/4 for National Quacker day.

• Colleen
      Participant

Hi Gail,
      That is the way it goes. You finally got your truck going and it has to be towed. I guess that it was the one with snow shovel. All We got was rain and no snow. We did have a few flurries but nothing to talk about.
      I wish both of the girls would get their driver license and quit depending on other people. They have got to be more independent. Especially since she has a son. It is like they do not want to grow up and be adults. My daughter always tried to keep them home with her and now they cannot do anything for themselves. It is sad.
      Your soup sounds really good. I am thinking about making a big pot of potato soup. Melissa and the kids like it Ron is the only one that doesn’t. It is really supposed to be cold next week we will see if they got it right or not.
      I know our girls could not wait until they got their license. We went thru teaching all three and it was scary. Mandy always liked to drive down the middle of the road and Brook is a lot like her.
      I was 18 when I got my license. My dad was not a good instructor. When I wanted to get my license a guy I worked with let me use his car and then I just told my parents that I had it. I think that my dad was glad that I got it on my own and he did not have to go thru it again.
      Well that is about all from here. Have a great night and stay safe. Have fun playing in the snow. I bet that your grands are.
      Colleen

• Dianne Danielson
      Participant

Hi Ladies,
      WOW!!! You guys on the East coast are getting hammered!! I can’t remember the last time I’ve heard of a snowstorm this bad. I;m pretty sure the ground hog won’t see his shadow tomorrow. Same here with our little critter, the hedgehog. We’re having lots of rain today, & most of the week. We might get relief toward the end of the week.
      I got a notice from management that some of the staff will be going around the bldgs to schedule us for the vaccine. Since we can’t have meetings in the community room, they’re going door to door. They weren’t specific in the email, but that’s my assumption. They’ll set up a clinic in the community room for the vaccine shots, so I was told. I guess I’ll find out all the details tomorrow.
      I’m getting tired of Congress!!! I’ve been tired for a very loooooong time!! Want to bet they give themselves a nice pay raise by summer!! Screw the little guy out there, meaning us. I’m sure Rump won’t be convicted, even tho they have proof, with video, taped phone call, etc. All I care about is that he won’t be able to run for any gov. office ever again.
      I think I need a newer computer. I thought I’d lost this post, so I started a new one, then out of the blue
      this one showed back up on the screen. WEIRD!!!!!
      the Q sure has been boring lately. Maybe it’s just me. I heard they’re showing gem shows over the next few days. I guess that’s for Valentine’s day.
      Speaking of Quacker, does anyone remember when Jeanne brought sweaters/tops with hearts for Valentine’s day, bunnies, tulips, eggs, etc for Easter/spring? Do they do that anymore? At one time I had a couple sweaters with large butterflies all over them. I also remember dragonflies, wildflowers,
      all signs of spring. I miss those days.
      Please stay safe, stay warm, & stay well.
      Snowball jumped up on my lap, & is now on the arm of the sofa. She does this almost every night now. she doesn’t stay for long tho.
      Oh, if anyone gets stuff from Amazon, get rid of the boxes ASAP. I saw something on IG saying Amazon sprays their boxes with some deadly chemical to kill rodents. If you have pets, destroy the boxes before the pets get a chance to lick them. It could kill or at the least injure their mouths. I passed it along to all my IG friends.
      take care,
      dd

Attachments:
    • adele shanbar
      Participant

Hello everyone

We got blasted with snow snd rain. It’s a mess over here. I’d say we got a foot of snow before the change
      I’m making soup today. Seems like we all had soup. Lol
      DD that’s great that you can get the shot in your building
      I remember those beautiful tops. They are just not the same anymore
      Gailster
      Glad you got the truck out of the mud. That’s scary
      I didn’t hear that the new vaccine has not been tested on chubby people. Good to know!
      Sue. I hope your walkway does not freeze. This weather has created such a mess
      Your neighbor is an Angel for being so kind to you. I am so glad you have such nice people watching over you
      Colleen. It seems you got the best out of the storm. We all have a sopping mess
      I’m glad your granddaughter got her job back
      Hope everyone is good l Oh. DD. Love your decorating. So pretty!!

• Gail Norusis
      Participant

Sue,
      That grilled ham and cheese sounds good. I haven’t had one of those in a while.
      I hope it’s stopped snowing by you now. I’m sure your neighbor will love the soup if you ever catch up with him.
      I did remember National Quacker Day. I fear for Quacker as the shows are so few and far between now.
      Gail

Attachments:
    • Gail Norusis
      Participant

Hi DD,
      Do you have a hedgehog instead of a ground hog in Portland? How cute.
      We actually have a ground hog that lives under our deck but we don’t see much of him in the winter.
      It’s nice that you will be able to get the vaccine right in your building when it becomes available. Is your building limited to senior citizens?
      Yes, there is a gem day Wednesday-they only have two a year one in February and one in July I think. Those are about the only days on the Q that interest me anymore as I have always loved colored gem stones. Jewelry shows are few and far between on the Q anymore.
      Then Thursday is National Quacker Day so there will be a couple of Quacker shows. I still have some of those sweaters with the hearts and the bunnies. I must say the Quacker clothes seem to last forever.
      I just noticed on the picture of your cat that it looks like she has one blue eye and one green eye. I never noticed that before.
      Gail

Attachments:
    • Gail Norusis
      Participant

Hi Colleen,
      I think Greg sometimes drives the truck in places that he shouldn’t and then gets stuck. lol It’s not the first time so you think he would have learned. lol
      When our kids were in school they took drivers ed but then they had to have a certain amount of hours driving at home before they were allowed to take the test. I know some parents just said they had the right hours and didn’t do it but I made our kids do the driving so either Greg or I had to go with them. I went with Brent but I made Greg go with Jenny as i found I was a very nervous passenger with the kids so it was probably better both for me and for Jenny. lol
      The thing is when you live in the country you have to drive everywhere so that’s why it must be so hard for your grands not to drive and you would think it would give them the incentive. Now when I lived in Chicago I didn’t have a car but didn’t need one as you could get everywhere on public transportation. Of course i was young then too and didn’t mind waiting in the cold for a bus or an el. I couldn’t do that now.
      When I was in school we had drivers ed classes and then behind the wheel classes. I think I took my behind the wheel in summer school. At home the car I was learning on was a stick and I couldn’t reach the pedals so I had to wait for a few months after I turned sixteen until my mom got a different car that was automatic and I could reach the pedals. lol Now the cars have seats that can be raised and lowered and pulled close and far and even the steering wheels can be pulled out or pushed in but back then everything was very basic. Needless to say I never did learn how to drive a stick. lol
      It’s funny that you said that about playing in the snow since I asked Greg yesterday if we should go out and build a snowman. lol he even has nice new high waterproof boots.
      Gail

Attachments:
    • Anonymous
      Inactive

My grilled ham & cheese was good. Nice & melty a bit messy but so good. I had not had one in a while & had the stuff here to make it.
      The ladies on Facebook were all worried Quacker Factory was going away. Angel said they are not going anywhere. The last shows that were cancelled was because their shipment did not come in. I guess shipping is hitting them too. She had a video on yesterday that they have a meeting Wednesday as They want to get QVC2 live again. That won’t help me I don’t get QVC2. But I do not need anything anyway.
      Our snow will not stop. I shoveled the walk again this morning & looked out a while ago & it is white were I shoveled. It is still snowing real fine. Adele you must be warmer than we are if you got rain. We were in the upper 20’s yesterday. They are saying we will maybe get to 32 today, The winds are to pick up again. I wish the people that want snow & think it is so pretty would come take it away. When everything is covered in snow the white is so bright it hurts the eyes. Maybe if I took food coloring & made it another color that would help.
      DD no Trump will not be convicted. The Republicans are afraid of him. They are saying now that they cannot try him as he is no longer President. If McConnel would have started right away he was still in but no he waited until after. I think he is still able to run unless he is convicted.

• Gail Norusis
      Participant

Hey Adele,
      Is your storm over now? Glad to hear that you got the soup memo. lol
      it’s a good day to stay indoors and watch a good movie.
      Gail

Attachments:
    • Colleen
      Participant

Hi Everyone,
      I am a little confused about this impeachment stuff. How can they do it to someone that is not a president or hold office of any type. I thought if they have something criminal against him they have to take him to civil court. I think that is in our constitution. He is out of office and so lets just gone and quit wasting tax payers money. Start taking care of the country.
      I miss all the cute things that Quacker use to have. Do you remember the sweaters that use to light up? I have the butterfly sweater and I really love it. There was also the one for Christmas that had the lights that would light up. There so many tops that they use to have.
      DD I love the picture of Snowball. He is such a pretty cat. It looks like he has a handlebar mustache. She is a lot of company for you. Hoe is Critt doing? Will you two have a Valentines dinner this year. I thought might since they will not have anything going on in the community room. That is nice that you can get your shots right there at home and not have to go to the doctor.
      Gail, the school down here did not have drivers ed for a long time and when they started the classes were full so it was hard to get the kids in them. I am not sure they even offered them in Bismarck school where Brook went. She will have to take private lessons. Did you build a snowman or did you just stay in the house where it was warm? I would have stayed in the house where it is warm but that may change with Kaylee here. I may have to go out with her if we ever get enough snow.
      That is like a man to park their trucks in the wrong place. Ron would do the same thing. Why don’t they just park in the driveway like we do. I never park off in the yard anywhere. Men never learn.
      Well that is all from here. Have a great day and stay safe.
      Adele I hope that things are better where you are at and the snow is all melted. I know that it isn’t because I heard that you had another snow storm up that way. I hope that you stay safe and do not go out unless necessary.
      I will sign off again
      Colleen

• adele shanbar
      Participant

Hey everyone
      Sue….. in some places they got 24in of snow. We got about 6 snd then all slush over that its a mess Then it froze. We are ok cause Bobby got rid of the snow with the blower snd I bought a huge amount of ice melt. Lol
      I hope you are ok snd have no ice to deal with.
      I agree the republicans are scared of him. God knows what he has on all of them. It must be huge
      How can they vote NOT yo convict with all the evidence in video? This is ridiculous. He needs to be arrested snd in jail for the rest of his life
      DD. Glad you are getting the shot.
      Colleen snd Gail. Glad you guys missed the snow we have.
      I ended up roasting the chicken last night cause it was easier than making soup
      Hope everyone is ok
      That was awful about the FBI agents yesterday. Disgusting God help their families
      Adele

• adele shanbar
      Participant

Hey all
      Forgot to say even Tillie had noticed there have not been any Quacker shows lately
      Looking forward to National Quacker Day
      We need sparkle and shine. I hope they have something pretty like the old days
      Adele

• Gail Norusis
      Participant

Hi Sue,
      Yes a lot of things are delayed. Some of it is shipping and some of it is covid related. I know Greg’s business is behind on things because of covid and Jenny works for an appliance store and some appliances are back ordered because of covid and shipping. I think it’s like that all over and probably around the world. It really is a global pandemic. Would you have ever imagined that something like this would ever happen. it sure wasn’t something that I ever thought about. It will certainly be a big historical event in the future. Our kids and grandkids can talk about living through it. Which brings me to the question-how are you doing with all the isolation. You live alone so it must be especially difficult for you. We married people have the advantage of having built in company. Sometimes we say silly stuff about our spouses but we don’t really mean it. lol
      I sure hope that your snow has stopped and you can dig out. I know I could never shovel like you do. You are strong and brave.
      It is bright when everything is white-you definitely need sunglasses. Do you wear glasses?
      Gail

Attachments:
    • Gail Norusis
      Participant

Hi Adele,
      We got a foot of snow here but we just got it two days before you.
      We are supposed to get some rain and snow again tomorrow. Oh goody goody.
      We had pork chops for dinner last night and have been having the leftover soup for lunch.
      Unfortunately he probably won’t get impeached and will be free to run again God help us.
      I see that Pete Buttigeig has a cabinet post. I really liked him as he seems like a moderate and sensible.
      Gail

Attachments:
    • Gail Norusis
      Participant

Hi Colleen,
      I guess they can try to impeach him because what he is accused of happened while he was in office. And I think they would like like to impeach him so that he can never run again which would be nice but I don’t think they can get enough Republicans to vote for impeachment. I hate to think what could have happened if that angry mob had found the members of congress. I sure thought I would never see the capital stormed to try and overturn an election in my lifetime. This isn’t how things are done in civilized countries.
      I still have some of those light up sweaters-I never wear them anymore but just keep them as sort of a novelty. Some of Jeanne’s early sweaters were made of cotton and something else and were very heavy-too heavy.
      I see around here that some kids have to take private driving lessons too as there is not enough room in the high school classes.
      We did not build a snowman-we were smart and stayed indoors where it was warm. years ago I had a snow mobile suit that i wore when I had to take the kids out in the snow but i no longer have it and it also would no longer fit me. lol So I don’t have any snow resistant clothes anymore.
      Good excuse. lol
      Gail

Attachments:
    • Anonymous
      Inactive

The snow just would not stop here. It started Sunday & lasted through all day yesterday. Monday was when it snowed the hardest. But it kept up yesterday that everytime I checked the walk there were a few more inches. I had shoveled Monday & Yesterday morning. The neighbors were out & had their driveway clear but this morning everything was covered again & it was not just from blowing & drifting. So I shoveled again & it is icy underneath. I appreciate my neighbor shoveling around my car. My car is not cleaned off & I do not feel safe trying to do it right now. But am not going anywhere anyway. My body is definately telling me I am to old for this. Everything hurts & then I cannot sleep. Between the pain & the neighbors leaving their outside lights on all night shining in my bedroom window there has been little sleep for me. My other neighbor checked my mail for me yesterday & said if I need anything to call. I may have her pick me up some tylenol if she goes down to Dollar General. I don’t need anything else right now. I don’t think I will get the trash out to the road with all the snow so I will just leave it & hope it is better next week. Maybe they will come back the walk & get it they did that a couple of times other winters.

You were talking about Quacker Factory sweaters. I had ask Angel before if they would have any new sweaters & she said they lost their vendor for them & everywhere they checked would be way to expensive. So it sounds like sweater days are over. Gail you are right some were too heavy. I have an old one & it has the gingerbread house & gingermen with candy cane button covers. I love it but it is just too heavy but I can’t bring myself to get rid of it.

I do not think they will convict Trump either but I sure would like to see him never be able to run for office again. I don’t see how they can ignore what they saw & heard but it seems to be whats happening. I still think he will be charged in other court now that he is out of office for things so hopefully they will get him then.

• adele shanbar
      Participant

Hey Gailster snd Sue
      Sue It is so hard to do things like clean off a car snd get the garbage out to the street. It is just not safe for elderly people. Would your landlord get your trash out for you? Just a thought
      I know what you mean about lights in all night. We have that on our street too
      It kept lightly snowing all day yesterday. Not hard enough to accumulate any more.
      Gailster.
      I did not realize you got that much snow. So glad you guys have the plow. Eventually we will have to hire someone because Bobby is getting older too. HUD knees snd back were sore He was snoring so loud last night that I realized how exhausted he was. Bobby will be 51 this year
      We may get another storm in Sunday. Gif help us.
      Hope your day is going well. I’m going to finish Nancy’s stocking today
      Adele

• adele shanbar
      Participant

Hello everyone

Please tell me why Quacker Factory would run the first show for National Quacker Day with the beautiful new cardigans at 2;00 am????
      I missed the black one with hearts. All sold out in my size. So I ordered a waitlist one a size smaller. I hat that cause I like my cardigans nice and roomy and snuggly
      I was able to get both in Tillies size
      Did you guys order them? I wear cardigans every day. The heart one could be worn all year long. I will keep looking all day in case someone changes their mind and it becomes available
      Adele

• Anonymous
      Inactive

I do not think those were new items in the early show. I think the early shows are mostly clearance shows & I looked & all were sale priced. I think the show from 5 to 7 will have the new items & they are Spring stuff.
      I rarely wear cardigans. My go to winter wear is sweatshirts.

I got an e-mail this morning that they are coming at 8AM tomorrow to put in new windows. How crazy is that with all the snow & cold? I will have to wear my coat inside. They need done but why the middle of winter. I wonder if he will replace the blinds as they are very bad & when they take them down they will most likely fall apart.

• adele shanbar
      Participant

Omg Sue
      That is exciting snd crazy at the same time. I hope the new windows will keep you warmer
      I wear layers all the time. In the summer it’s a tank minder my cardigan and in winter a mock turtleneck….. usually sleeveless so I can wash veggies snd cook without getting sleeves wet
      Attaching a pic of my new hair with my polka dot turtleneck under my cardigan. This one is from Isaac. I loved this one so much I got it in almost every color. The cardigans will last until I die…… lol. The shirts underneath I ruin with food etc stains. I get them as cheap as I can….clearances at Macy’s and Kohl’s
      Hope your day is good
      The show is on from 5 to 7 I think
      Adele

Attachments:
    • Anonymous
      Inactive

I don’t think just the windows will make a lot of difference. I found out no new doors as they wanted $1500 for 1 door. So the cold will continue to come in around them. They are in bad shape but it is up to him what gets done.
      We have sun today so some of the snow is going. My walk is clear & they cleaned off my car & shoveled around it for me. So I was able to take the trash bin out last night & brought it back this morning. It is on wheels so easy to move. We were to get more snow but it looks like it is going to be out in the Atlantic. But is to get very cold next week.
      My neighbor was happy to get the soup I gave him.

• adele shanbar
      Participant

Hey Sue
      Glad you were able to get the garbage out without falling or slipping Winter is such a pain to us older girls.
      There is a caulking in a tube the landlord can get to plug the drafts around the door. I don’t get why he does not do things to help you stay warm. You could probably caulk the door yourself. I have caulked around the sink etc. it’s pretty easy. You wipe up any excess with a paper towel before it sets. You can get a clear color that won’t show at all Just a suggestion

Windows do make a difference but the installer had to insulate around them real good or they will do nothing. We had Lowe’s do ours snd they did not insulate well enough. We found that out too late. We have done windows that leak a little and some that don’t. You only notice it in a freezing cold night. But they are a huge difference from the old ones that were real bad. I hope you notice a positive difference
      I just heard we are getting some snow tomorrow. The storm for Sunday they now say is going out to sea
      I hope you have a good night
      Did you watch the show at 5? I watched most of it.
      I hope they do a good job tomorrow. Stay snuggled in your chair with hot chocolate!’
      I’ll be saying a prayer all goes well
      Adele

• Colleen
      Participant

Hi Adele,
      QVC is not showing good shows like they use to. It has been boring and many interesting things to watch. I have not been watching it very much here lately. I wish that they would have more Quacker shows and just better shows.
      How are the kids doing? Is JJ still staying with you still? It is nice if he is. I think young kids make us feel younger. They have so much energy and make us laugh. Kaylee is always giggling over silly things. Ethan is more serious. He is also at the age where he knows everything and he likes to argue. It reminds me how it was to have kids at their ages.
      I like you hair cut. It is really cute. The hoodie you have on looked nice and cozy. It is going to get really cold here this week-end so will need sweaters and sweatshirts to keep warm.
      Well that is about all from here. Have a great night and stay sae.
      Colleen

• Colleen
      Participant

Hi Gail,
      I always thought that if you did not want someone to get into office again that you run someone better against them and let the people decide. I think that we can decide for ourselves what we want and do not need the government telling us what to do.
      Ever since we started talking about snowmen that song do you want to build a snowman from the movie Frozen. I do not know how many times we watched that movie with the grands and that song always sticks in my head. At least it is from a good movie.
      How are your grands doing? Have they called you recently to see how you are doing? I have not received a text from Aliza lately guess that I will have to text her. We see our kids a lot right now because of Melissa living here and the kids wanting to see each other.
      Not a whole lot going on here. Ethan and I are watching Second Hand Lions. It is funny he never comes in and watches TV with us. He usually sits in his room and listen to his radio.
      Well that is about all from here. Have a great night and stay safe.
      Colleen

• Dianne Danielson
      Participant

Hi Ladies,
      Howdy girls. Did you all see the QF show today? I saw most of it, but had to take a nap. I got a couple of things. I got the turq. leggings & the turq. top with the floral heart. I just couldn’t resist. I think the
      late showing was clearance. I didn’t see all of it tho.
      How about putting weather stripping around the areas air comes in? that shouldn’t be too expensive. Not as much as a high heating bill. can’t hurt to try it.
      Are you guys getting more snow? We’ll be getting some arctic air next week, but no snow. No storms coming with the cold air. Our highs won’t get out of the 30s! the lows will be down in the teens or 20s,
      brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!!!! The coldest air so far this winter. Hopefully it won’t last long.
      We had quite the rain storm Monday night. I was sitting here about 6:30 when the power went out. Luckily I had some flameless candles I got for Christmas, & a couple of those powerful flashlights I got from the Q before Christmas. I saw the TSV today with those lightbulbs, so I ordered a set. So if the power goes out again, I won’t have to stumble around in the dark for a flashlight.
      the power crews were out here in Oct/Nov. cutting down branches so they wouldn’t cause a power outage. HA!! They missed one. The power wasn’t out very long…about an hour or so. It was quite the surprise. I hope you guys haven’t lost power. Sending prayers.
      Well, that’s all for tonight.
      Take care, stay safe, warm & be careful.
      dd

Attachments:
    • adele shanbar
      Participant

Hi Colleen
      I had the hoodie on cause I was freezing with the short hair. Lol
      JJ is here. He is good to gave around. I totally agree the boys are at that age where they think they know everything
      Also agree about the shows. They were more fun with Antonella. I miss her. I loved the kidding around and fun stories. It’s seems to be all business now.
      The baby walked yesterday! He was taking one or two steps. But yesterday he took off. Marissa sent me the video. I kept watching it over snd over. I was a little sad that Heather missed another milestone. I know she saw it from above. I miss laughing with her over it. Ohh well
      Hope you have a good day
      Adele

• adele shanbar
      Participant

Hey DD
      It’s awful when power goes out. We were lucky. Ours stayed on
      It’s still gloomy here. Dying to see the sun
      Tillie hit those pants in a few colors. I ordered the cardigan in the two colors for Tillie and me. The black one I had to get a sixe smaller and it’s on waitlist. I hope I get it. I’m giving Tillie the heart one for Valentine’s Day snd the blue one for Easter
      I hope all goes well for Sue today
      How have you snd Critt bern doing?
      Adele

• Dianne Danielson
      Participant

Hi Ladies,
      Does anyone know what’s going on with Nancy Hornback? I was going thru my FB page, & came across what I call a ‘good bye’ post from her. NO explanation. Was she fired or did she leave on her own to do other things? I always liked her. She was such a classy lady. I know she was an opera singer before QVC. I remember when she was going to school to become a gemologist. She was so good at presenting the jewelry.
      What is going on with the Q? Getting rid of all the good hosts. I can think of more I’d like to see gone. Aren’t I awful? I wonder who’ll be next to go?
      I heard the polar express(?) is heading south. We expect to have some cold temps next week. It’s overcast today. I think there were showers here & there, but that’s all.
      Is anybody gonna watch the ‘big game’? I’m not sure if I am or not. I really don’t care.
      Critt is his ole self, an old curmudgeon. LOL
      Well if anyone knows what happened let me know.. thanks.
      Take care.
      Stay safe, warm, & well.
      dd

Attachments:
    • adele shanbar
      Participant

Hi DD
      I have no idea what happened. Sue may know. She gets a lot of info from the other sites in here
      I’m glad Crit is his old self. Lol
      Gary will definitely watch the game. I may from time to time.
      I missed Blue Bloods last night. I fell asleep. I got sick after dinner. I had chicken Marsala and it made me sick. It may have been cross contamination cause Tillie got shrimp scampi. I should have told the restaurant I had a food allergy. They are totally different meals so I did not mention it. Not sure what hit me last night. I spent the night in bed. I’m ok now
      We are getting a snow storm tomorrow. Then cold after
      Hope you have a good day
      Adele

• adele shanbar
      Participant

Hi DD
      I have no idea what happened. Sue may know. She gets a lot of info from the other sites in here
      I’m glad Crit is his old self. Lol
      Gary will definitely watch the game. I may from time to time.
      I missed Blue Bloods last night. I fell asleep. I got sick after dinner. I had chicken Marsala and it made me sick. It may have been cross contamination cause Tillie got shrimp scampi. I should have told the restaurant I had a food allergy. They are totally different meals so I did not mention it. Not sure what hit me last night. I spent the night in bed. I’m ok now
      We are getting a snow storm tomorrow. Then cold after
      Hope you have a good day
      Adele

• Anonymous
      Inactive

I don’t think anyone knows what happened between Nancy & QVC. A lot of speculation on the Q boards. I guess she was to host a show but they had someone else do
      the show. Then her message appeared on Facebook. Usually when this happens suddenly QVC has fired them & they are not to say anything about it. If they leave on their own they will say on their last show that they are leaving. Maybe cost cutting since they are having Angel & other vendors do their shows on QVC2 without a host. So that would most likely cost them less as they do not have to pay a host & vendor.

My windows are in & they did a good job & quick. They put them in from the outside so no mess in here. The windows are nice & they put insulation around. So no cold air coming in there. So will have to figure out something about the doors. I have tried weather stripping before but it seems like the doors are sinking & then they don’t close correctly. I had some around & when he came when my door was blowing open he pulled it off & removed the plate so I could use the bolt to keep it shut. Now it is really sticking at the bottom making it hard to open & close. So I don’t use it unless I have to. They had it open yesterday. A lot of cold comes in there. And the other door also. I really want him to replace the blinds but he probably won’t. They have been falling apart due to age & sun. It would be nice to be able to pull they up when the weather gets nice to let air in. That is why I would like screen door on the doors so you can let the door open. Oh well can’t have everything I guess. I am glad for what he has done.

It is cold & windy today. We had snow yesterday morning but only a little. We are to get some tomorrow. They said it was to miss us but now we are to get more snow. It never knows when to stop.

• adele shanbar
      Participant

Hi Sue
      It is snowing like crazy up here. They said it was supposed to change to rain. But it has not
      I bought myself a bread machine with my birthday money. I have not made a lot of bread because I can’t get up that early anymore With this one I can put the ingredients in snd it will start in the am. A lot of people like those machines do I will give it a try. I’ll have to make room on the counter. Lol. That was the main reason I did not get one until now
      I’m glad the windows are in snd not drafty. It should help a little. I hope he dies change the doors for you.
      Hope your Sunday is going well. Wee having chicken pot pie snd pigs in a blanket fir dinner snd game day
      Adele

• Gail Norusis
      Participant

Hi Everyone,
      Looks like it’s been pretty quiet on here lately.
      Well the Super Bowl was pretty one sided. Greg wanted to know why all those guys were wearing jock straps on their heads during the half time show.
      The Masked Dancer is on tonight. We have been enjoying the new quiz shows The Chase and The Hustler too.
      American Idol starts this weekend and I suppose The Voice won’t be far behind. This spring we will be over run with talent shows again. There’s going to be another one where you have to guess the person’s talent.
      Our kids are finally going back to school at the end of this month and the beginning of March. They have been out almost a full year. We’ll see how this goes. Vaccines are in short supply. We don’t have an appointment yet. Greg’s partner in Idaho and his wife got their first. They said after they get their second they will wait three weeks and then go out to eat 7 days in a row. lol
      I don’t know what happened with Nancy Hornbeck. I liked her on gem shows.
      Sue, I’m glad that your windows got put in quickly. I hope they help.
      Adele, I hope that you love your bread machine. I have had one for many years and it got a work out when the kids were smaller. I don’t use it as much anymore. You know you should check back on those cardigans as sometimes people cancel orders and your size comes back into stock.
      So I had an interesting weekend. First off i had been having stomach pains for over a month but kept putting off going to the doctor thinking it would get better. Plus I figured if I called the doctor with stomach issues they would send me to immediate care to be checked for covid anyway and we wouldn’t get much accomplished. Then at the end if last week I started having this thing where it felt like someone was squeezing my heart. Sometimes it would be like every thirty seconds and then sometimes it was like a half hour between squeezes-no rhyme or reason. Plus there was a snow storm raging Thursday night. So Friday morning we decided to go to the emergency room because of the chest pain instead of urgent care. So I went in there and blood pressure was sky high. I have never been on blood pressure meds. So then they start doing a battery of tests. I tell them about heart and stomach I did have a covid test and they are not as bad as people say. I also suppose it depends on who does it just like anything else. Some people draw blood a lot better than others too. Anyway, after being there for several hours they couldn’t figure out anything definitive and the ER doc said he could send me home but he would recommend I go to a hospital for further testing but it couldn’t be there because it’s a very small hospital and there’s no cardiologist on staff on weekends. Plus I could be sent to a hospital within the system of of family doctor as the Er is from a different system. So I got my first ever ambulance ride. Then I went to a town about 50 minutes away to the hospital. Was poked prodded awakened every four hours all night long and just in general had lots of fun and a whole battery of tests. Stress test, ultrasounds etc. etc. Had a black and blue arm from the damn blood pressure cuff.
      Anyway, my heart is all good. really don’t know why the heart squeezing-could have been from the sky high blood pressure so I think this incident was a blessing in disguise all but a very expensive one. So I went home with blood pressure meds. and cholesterol meds. The blood pressure I am fine with as I see a need but my cholesterol isn’t that high so after seeing my family doctor yesterday and talking about it we are going to try and lower it with diet and exercise and revisit in three months. I see the cardiologist next week. And I have to have another test to try and find out about the stomach pain-which is better now but not gone completely. So that was my adventure. Here’s the weird thing-obviously I saw a doctor in the emergency room quite a bit-but when I went to the hospital I saw a doctor for about two minutes and he handed me a business card which I thought was bizarre. lol He called me before I was released and asked if I had any questions but that was before I knew he prescribed the statins. I was supposed to see the cardiologist before I was discharged but we waited hours for him and finally he said we could just go. So I was in the hospital for 24 hours and saw an actual doctor once for about two minutes. I think that’s so weird. Everyone was so nice though nurses, technicians everyone.
      So that ‘s what I did over the weekend, I was so happy to get home I kissed the stairs. lol And I slept like a baby Saturday night, I didn’t even make it from the couch to the bed.
      Hope everyone is safe and well and didn’t have a weekend like mine.
      Gail

Attachments:
    • Colleen
      Participant

Hi Gail,
      You really had a rough week-end. Did they send you to a hospital in Rockford? They use to have really good hospitals there. I hope that you are feeling better and not having all the pain. That is one thing that they like to give out to people in the ER is medicine. They do take their time getting into see the doctor. When they are done they make you wait for a long time before they do anything. Riding in an ambulance is not fun. I fell asleep on my way to the hospital when they transported me from the accident. They would not let Ron go with me because of the covid so he had to go home and wait for them to call him to come and get me.
      I will say prayers for you. I hope the doctors figure all of this out.
      Well that is all from here. Have a great night and stay safe.
      Colleen

• Dianne Danielson
      Participant

Hi Ladies,
      Gail, I’m so sorry to hear you had to go to the hospital! I hope everything continues to get better with the meds. It’s really scary when things start happening & you don’t know what is going on. I’ve been on blood pressure meds for a few yrs now. It’s so tiny I don’t know how it keeps my blood pressure under control.
      Well, it’s our turn to get snow. I know I said we wouldn’t be getting it but now as this Arctic blast nears, we could get up to 6″ of it in the next day or so. It changes daily if not hourly. They’re saying it could end up one of the biggest snow storms we’ve had in yrs. I know it’s nothing compared to what you guys are getting. We won’t be in the coldest part of the cold air, just the tail end of it.
      I’m all prepared for it. I have my spring/Easter tubs out so I can occupy myself doing that.
      You’re right it has been slow on here, but there hasn’t been a whole lot going on. I was disappointed with the Super Bowl. When I saw how the wind was blowing, I changed channels. When a game goes that way, lopsided, I change over to something else. I was hoping the younger guy would outplay the old guy. *wink, wink* 🙁
      I got the QF turq. leggings & they are gorgeous. the top hasn’t arrived yet but if it’s the same they’ll make a darling outfit!!
      Well, I guess that’s all for tonight.
      Take care, stay warm, stay safe, & above all stay well!!!
      dd

Attachments:
    • Gail Norusis
      Participant

Hi Colleen,
      I am feeling better. We are still working on figuring out what the stomach pain is from. I think having that heart pain was a blessing in disguise as I guess my blood pressure was way out of control. They took me to a hospital in Huntley-I had a choice between Huntley or McHenry because they are in the same system. They are both the same distance from our house. They let Greg sneak into the emergency room to see me before i got on the ambulance. They told me in the Harvard ER that they checked and there were no visitors allowed in the hospital in Huntley. I asked again when I got there and they said that was incorrect info and that I could have two visitors but not at the same time and it had to be the same two people and they had to have their names so naturally I named Greg and Jenny.
      I actually saw the doctor in the ER a lot-it’s when I got to the hospital that I only saw nurses and technicians. lol I also thought it was weird that when I did seethe doctor for two minutes that he gave me his business card. I must say that never happened before.
      I was glad to see my family doctor as she sat down and answered all my questions and we looked at all test results and i just felt so much relief and better informed after speaking to her. I hope she stays around forever.
      I have bought a ticket to stream a folk concert on Friday and then on Sunday we are streaming a Josh Groban concert so that will be our Valentines Day date. lol
      How are the chances of getting a vaccination where you are. Will you and Ron get them? The roll out is very slow here in Illinois even though we are eligible. We are signed up with the county for information when they will be available in our area. Jenny said her ex inlaws have gotten their first dose. I don’t know how or where-she used to be a nurse so maybe even former nurses got them first.
      it’s funny when I was in my room in the hospital the nurses said I could take my mask off-even when they were in there. Although when I got my ultrasound in the heart i asked for one as we were pretty up close and personal with that one.
      We have cold and more snow on the way. The other day I got up and it was minus 8. Brrrr!
      Gail

Attachments:
    • Gail Norusis
      Participant

Hi DD,
      I am feeling better already. It was a scary experience-anything with the heart is scary.
      If you decorated for spring it does seem like spring seems closer. I still have my snowman candles and such around and will wait until the batteries run out before I put them away. Then I will take out Easter and spring probably closer to the end of the month.
      I was hoping for a KC win too.
      The leggings and shirt sound like they would make a pretty Easter outfit. I love turquoise and the Quacker shade is really pretty.
      I wonder if you will get any snow. We are supposed to get some more and also continued cold.
      Love the pretty pictures.
      Gail

Attachments:
    • adele shanbar
      Participant

Omg Gailster
      We were all right to worry you were radio silent
      I’m glad you had everything checked out. So happy your heart is ok. Blood pressure causes a lot of funky things. You will feel better when the blood pressure meds work into your system
      Did you feel very groggy and like you had a hangover when you got up in the am? That’s how I felt before I was on blood pressure meds I take lisinopril.
      Was Greg a wreck during all of this?
      I wil be praying you get a great cardiologist and have no further problems
      Luv u
      Adele♥️♥️🙏🏻🙏🏻😇😇🤓🤓

• adele shanbar
      Participant

Hey DD
      Tillie got her pants yesterday the cardigans have not arrived
      We were disappointed with the football game too
      I hope you are all ready for the storm!’

Gail
      Forgot to say the bread maker had not arrived yet

Please everyone stay safe
      Adele

Attachments:
    • Anonymous
      Inactive

So sorry you were sick Gail. You sure had an unexpected adventure but not a good one.The bright side you got out of the house & saw other people. I have been in an ambulance twice but never medi vac helicopter but that is fine with me. I hope you have an ambulance membership or that ride will be expensive. That is why I buy the membership every year. Because than what insurance does not pay is not billed to you because you have the membership. Sometimes I feel like why am I paying this money for something I don’t use but like insurance it pays to have it when you need it & with the ambulance it pays for itself in one trip. They bill by loaded mile. I have been taking blood pressure meds for some time & mine stays under control with the meds. I have a blood pressure cuff here so I can check mine the doctor wanted me to get one so I could check it. I hope your heart & stomach pains get better. You get no sleep in the hospital as they are in & out checking something all night long.

We have been getting snow every other day sometimes every day. I am so sick of clearing the walk. I have it clear & it snows again. It is getting piled up I don’t know where to put anymore. It is too cold to melt any & no sun. I am so thankful to my neighbors that keep my car dug out. But I have not been anywhere anyway. I do want to go to dollar general for a few things one of these days but just don’ want to until the weather gets better. I was out & shoveled the mess from overnight so I could bring the trash bin back. The only place to put it right now is at the end of my walk & then no one can get past it. So I brought it back but they must not be working because of the snow because they did not take it. My shoulder hips & back hurt from shoveling & then I cannot sleep at night.

I did not watch the football game as it was so terrible. Why does Brady need another ring? He is greedy.

I have been watching the circus on TV & I just know they won’t have the strength to convict him. It scares me if he is allowed to run again & is handed another loss what he would do. He is dangerous.

No vaccinations to be had here either. It seems people from other states are coming in & using up our small supply & then the line jumpers that go before their turn. Why is this allowed? So I have been watching for them to get more in but I don’t want to go in bad weather so maybe it best to wait until spring.

• adele shanbar
      Participant

Hey Sue
      Nobody would come to our state for a shot cause we got an “F” for distribution
      They were calling on the National Guard to help with the elderly. What 75 year old person could go to the football stadium for a shot? None that I know
      Why can’t they give them out at the local senior centers?
      Hope your day is good
      Adele

• Anonymous
      Inactive

Adele could the vaccine given at the football stadium be a drive thru? I got my flu shot at a drive thru clinic & I was reading the website for our Hospital & they had a question & answer & one of the questions was if they would have a drive thru & the answer was not at this time but maybe when the weather was better & more vaccine was available. I think there would be way too many people for a senior center. Our Hospital seems to have everything covered. Just need more vaccine. But they said when you make your appointment a dose is set aside for you & you are to arrive no earlier than 5 minutes before your scheduled time. That way people are spaced out & it moves quickly. People that had theirs said they had a good experience & it was fast. Even though you need to wait a bit after to make sure you don’t have a reaction it was not crowded.

• adele shanbar
      Participant

Hey Sue
      It’s nuts up here. People are not showing up snd they have left over vaccines. So people are in line waiting for the left overs. I think it is because it is too difficult for people over 74 to walk from the parking and wait in line. They have not said why this is happening
      Some place they could do a drive through and dome not
      They are starting shots at CVS today to try and help
      Get this. If you are a caretaker for someone over 74 you can get a shot with them when you take them for a shot. People are paying elderly to take them for a shot do they can get one!
      Tillie gets hers next week They come here cause she had her in home doctor. They told me after they have distributed to all their patients they will give shots to the caretakers with any left over doses. I signed up for that one! Tillie gets the Maderna one
      It’s sunny up here. Hope your weather is nice too
      Check out the cardinal who came to visit yesterday
      Adele

Attachments:
    • Colleen
      Participant

Hi Everybody!
      Happy Valentines Day!! Hope everyone had a great day. It has been snowing here all day. So we did not do anything but sit around the house. Hope that you could get out and have pick for dinner.
      Stay Safe.
      Colleen

• Gail Norusis
      Participant

Hi Everyone,
      I hope you all had a nice Valentine’s Day.
      Colleen, we picked up dinner from a local restaurant that specializes in German food. It was good. Then we had ordered that Josh Groban live stream concert so we watched that and it was thoroughly enjoyable. He is so good. Now that Prince Harry is married off maybe I can fix Josh up with Jenny. lol A mother can always hope. lol
      Greg has the pick up stuck again. He spent hours yesterday in the freezing cold trying to dig it out. I want him to just call a tow truck and get it pulled out. it’s a wind chill of 20 below this morning so hopefully I can talk him into getting it towed. And then he should park it in the driveway and not try to put it back in the barn until the snow goes away. he always wants to put it back in the barn once the snows start so he doesn’t have to clean snow off of it. So he would rather spend hours trying to dig it out in the cold rather than spend ten minutes brushing the snow off. Sometimes men are so frustrating! If they would listen to their wives we could save them so much trouble! Also-what is with never wanting to ask for help. I will always ask for help rather than struggle.
      Adele, i hope that cardinal doesn’t start banging on your window like our old cardinal did.
      Did you get your bread maker yet?
      Our kids are going back to school at least part time starting next month. Jenny’s kids don’t want to go back. here I thought they would be jumping at the chance. I think once they get used to going again they will be happy. Plus before they know it the school year will be done already. I often wonder if they will ever catch up again because virtual learning can not be the same as attending in person.
      Sue, we do not have an ambulance member ship. I didn’t even know what that was until you mentioned it. So then I looked it up. So I guess that will be an expensive trip-but what can you do at this point.
      Well Trump was not convicted-I am not surprised but i am disappointed. If I never hear his name again it will be too soon. I hope he disappears into the swamps of Florida. People will be glad that the soaps are back on though.
      DD I hear that Portland has a huge power outage. I hope that you are not affected. Stay safe.
      Gail

Attachments:
    • Anonymous
      Inactive

Gail, I was just telling you how the ambulance membership works here. It may be different in other parts of the Country. I know ours works with other companies. If our ambulance is on another call they send someone else & they accept your membership. I know mine has saved me money when I needed it. I also have one for the medic unit as in most situations they are sent with the ambulance. They only get the patient stable but don’t transport.
      You have the option to refuse them. I know they came when mom had her stroke & I told them they were not needed she just need to be transported to the Hospital. They said could they come in & check her I said okay but I am not paying you. They checked her & agreed with me that they were not needed. But if you are having a heart attack or in a traffic accident they are needed. I keep my membership card on the frig along with a list of my medicine & allergies. They appreciate that & know where to look if you cannot tell them.

I was disappointed with the trial but knew they would not convict him. Even those that voted for him said he was responsible. They did the same thing the first time said let the people decide. I guess we need to get him in civil court as they are cowards & won’t convict even while saying he is responsible.

I have something that made me laugh. A clergyman ask a little boy why he wore the collar. The boy answered it protects from fleas & ticks for 3 months.
      I hope that made you chuckle.

Sounds like most of us are in for more nasty weather. We are to have an ice storm tonight into tomorrow.. Actually freezing drizzle all day. Then another storm Thur/Fri. We don’t get time to clean up in between storms because it is so cold nothing melts. Bonnie brought me some pasta salad on Sat & I ask if Bruce could clean off the top of my car. I cleaned some of it but could not reach the top & the snow needs to be off to drive it. I was hoping to go to Dollar General between storms but it just has not worked. I am out of bread & milk. Also Tylenol & batteries. So I will survive until I get there. I have a bread machine & would bake a loaf of bread but have no yeast. I also am not sure if I could get my car back in its spot after taking it out because Of the big piles of snow. They say it may warm up by the end of the month so I will wait & hope some melts.

• adele shanbar
      Participant

Hey everyone
      Happy Valentine’s Day
      Attaching pics of the bread. It was delicious. It did a great job on the crust. Definitely a keeper
      Sue you can buy yeast and freeze it. That’s what I do. I get the box of yeast that is the size of baking soda. I put it in a glass jar and stick it in the freezer. I also freeze the powder milk and specialty flours. That way I always have the stuff I-need and nothing goes bad.
      JJ lived the bread and asked for a second piece. He came upstairs and said the house smelled so good. I’ll make another loaf tomorrow
      Gail that would be great to get Jenny married off to a singer. Lol
      How are you feeling????
      Sue. Hope you can get the Tylenol so you won’t be hurting. Have it delivered by Amazon They come within two days
      Colleen. Did the kids do anything with you for Valentine’s Day? Hope your weather is ok. It has been looking awful out your way
      We are getting ice today and an ice storm Monday night into Tuesday am. Then more on Thursday into Friday
      Hope everyone is safe
      Gail. Get AAA for the Gregster. He can call as many times as he needs to!
      I’m making pork chops tonight
      We had Chinese yesterday. It was Tillies choice. Lol. She loved the Quacker cardigans. I also gave her an Annalee doll in a teacup with the tea bag saying” best tea friends “. She loved that too. Lol
      DD hope all is ok out your way. Heard you are getting a storm too. Please stay safe out there!
      Luv u guys
      PS I am completely demoralized by the Senate proceedings. This gives him license to do anything he wants. No consequences. I don’t have much hope the courts will hold him either. He seems to slide out of everything. Moscow Mitch has reached a new low

Attachments:
    • Dianne Danielson
      Participant

Hi Ladies,
      I’m okay. We had as much as 8 or 9 inches of snow around here. On top of that we had layers of ice on top of the snow, several layers. A LOT of trees & power lines went down, no surprize there. As many as 300,000 people have been without power. They called in crews from Montana, Nevada, & other places to help. It’s been a loooooong weekend, & I don’t mean the holiday weekend. Luckily we didn’t lose power, so far. It’s warming up now so we’re starting to thaw out. This was a record breaking storm.
      It’s really bad when we have all that cold air & it starts to warm up, the transition can get really bad till it warms up enough to push the cold air out. From now on it’s back to plain ole Oregon rain & showers, with temps back to normal.
      I’m not really surprized they acquitted slime ball. I just hope he gets taken to civil court, & loses copious amounts of $$$. The best we can hope for is for the Almighty to do something.
      OH, do any of you carry a bag or plastic container of kitty litter in your vehicles? It’s good for getting out of snow when you get stuck. It’s cheaper & quicker than waiting for AAA especially when you end up waiting for 2-4 hrs waiting for them!! You could freeze to death in that time. Do they sell something called Ice Melt? That would work as well.
      Oh here’s something comical. I get an email saying my pkg was delayed & wouldn’t be delivered as scheduled. I go down to get my mail & guess what ? There it was! My top arrived as scheduled. It’s gorgeous!!
      I got my first shot of the vaccine last week before the bad weather got here. Next one in 3 weeks. So far no reactions.
      Well, I think that’s all for now.
      Take care, stay safe, well & warm!!
      dd

Attachments:
    • adele shanbar
      Participant

Hi DD
      I remember that too about kitty litter.
      We are in the middle of an ice storm right now. It looks like the temp in our town has gone up so I hope we’re ok
      I’m glad you got your first shot. Tillie gets hers this Friday
      I heard they are doing a 911 type commission to investigated the incident. What gets me is they find 45 innocent and censure people who voted him guilty. Seriously?? Insane
      Hope your day is going well
      Adele

• Anonymous
      Inactive

Adele that why they were afraid to vote against Trump. Sen Toomey from PA was one of the ones censured. He said he voted his conscience & would do it again. He is not running for re election. People should be free to vote however they want without facing punishment.

I kept kitty litter in my car when I worked. It works but I think the old ashes worked best. We used to heat with coal & used the ashes for traction. We woke up to a sheet of ice. I put some ice melt on the ice right outside the door. Have to wait for it to melt before I go further. Do not want to fall. Thursday/Friday is the next mess coming. I just wish it would stop & warm up so we can get rid of some of it. We are above freezing finally. It is 34 but that is not to last long.

• adele shanbar
      Participant

Hey Sue
      We seem to get the same weather hours or a day apart
      Ice is so scary. We are barely above freezing I was hoping we would get enough rain to melt some of this mess
      Have you seen the new show The Equalizer? I really like it
      I hope you get warm enough temps to melt the mess down there before the next storm
      Please be safe! Don’t take any risks outside if you can. We are too old for a fall.
      Adele

• Gail Norusis
      Participant

Hi Everyone,
      Have you all seen all the turtles that they had to take out of the water and rescue in Texas because the water is too cold. I sure am seeing a lot of things this past year that I have never seen before. I love turtles as they are so prehistoric.
      I feel awful for the people in Texas freezing without power and having pipes burst. Their houses are just not equipped for extended periods of cold.
      Sue, thank you for all the good information about ambulance services. I never knew those things. Thanks for the joke too-it made me smile.
      I think we are starting to get warmer weather over the weekend. I hope that you are too.
      DD-I doubt kitty litter would have done much good for Greg’s truck. The tow truck almost got stuck pulling him out-I imagine the bill would have been really big if we would have had to call a tow truck for the tow truck. Greg has these things to put under the wheels of the truck but those didn’t help either. I see he now has the truck parked in the space by the side of the house-thank goodness. He did not try to put it back in the barn and take the chance of getting stuck again. So you are the first one of us to get your shot. We are waiting patiently for them to be available in our area.
      Adele, I am glad that you like the bread machine. I will have to find my tried and true recipe that I made a lot and pass it on to you. It is dill onion bread if your family likes those flavors.
      I had a check with the cardiologist on Tuesday and I am looking good. He did change the blood pressure medication but other than that I have a clean bill of health. Of course they tell you to lose weight. If only there was a magic pill for that. He even admitted it is easier said than done. Of course he is a teeny tiny little guy.
      So now Greg is asking me what concert I have planned for him this weekend. I had to tell him we are stuck with our local open mike-which some people are okay and some people are not very good. lol There is one guy that plays the organ and plays church songs and he doesn’t even face the computer camera he faces the wall. He is awful and we dread when he is signed up-fortunately you are only allowed two songs. It’s such a nice group of people though that everyone is received equally no matter their level of talent. The people are very gracious. There should be more of that in this world.
      Gail

Attachments:
    • adele shanbar
      Participant

HeyGailster
      I am so happy to hear you are ok! Prayers do get answered
      Also glad the truck is out and parked safely for the next storm
      We are getting ready for another storm. Starts late this afternoon and will go until Friday evening
      Anyone else devastated by Governor Cuomo’s fall from grace? My hero is now forever tainted. It is as if Tom Seleck was a secret criminal!! How could he do this to his fans??
      I how they will still come for Tillies shot tomorrow. I’m going to call them later to confirm
      Love the memes from everyone. We need the smiles to keep coming
      Stay warm and safe!!
      Adele

• adele shanbar
      Participant

Forgot to say….
      I have not heard about the turtles
      Adele

• Colleen
      Participant

Hi Everyone,
      Sounds like we all got a lot of snow. We have 8inches on the ground here. I think that we were luckier then a lot of places. We did not think that it was going to stop snowing. I guess that we had is headed your way Adele and Gail you may have already got the snow. It kind of reminded of when we lived in Rockford.
      I am glad that you got a clean bill of health. It is a worry when they say there is something wrong with your blood pressure and heart. Especially at our age. Did they figure out what was wrong with your stomach? Maybe it was just one of those things that cannot be explained. I would not have losed weight if I didn’t get sick. I do not suggest losing it that way.
      I saw that on TV about the turtles. I do not see how they are going to take care of them there were so many of them. I hope that they will survive until they put them back in the water. It was nice that they went and picked all of them up and saved them. That is crazy how cold it got in Texas.
      Adele your bread looked really good. I use to have a bread machine but it quit working so have not made fresh bread for a long time. I love to eat hot bread with butter out of those machines. I ordered a pair of those leggings from Quacker. When I ordered them they were in stock then I got an e-mail that they were on wait list and now they said it has shipped. I do not know what is going on with the people that are doing the orders. It is driving me crazy. I also ordered a pair of boots and it showed that they were delivered but I have not idea where. We have been looking all over the place for them. Will have to call the Q tomorrow and let them know that I did not get them.
      Well I hope that I did not miss a post. I have to go we are almost out of time on here. Have a great night and stay safe.
      Colleen

• adele shanbar
      Participant

Hey Colleen
      We got only two inches last night. But it is snowing harder now
      Tillie got her first shot this am. So far so good
      Things have been taking a long time to ship out on the Q. Even longer to get here. At the beginning of covid I had a couple of things that never got here and one that was broken. Now it seems to take forever for something to come. I’m waiting for a velour jacket to come that would have been great to wear the past few days in the cold!! By the time it gets here the temps will be higher. Lol
      Do you believe what is happening in Texas? I feel so bad for all those people. That is just awful. From what the news says they need to get their power grid up to code so it won’t happen again. I hate to see people suffer from weather conditions. It’s scary how we are all dependent on power to survive
      Hope you have a good weekend and less snow!!
      Adele

• adele shanbar
      Participant

Hey Colleen
      We got only two inches last night. But it is snowing harder now
      Tillie got her first shot this am. So far so good
      Things have been taking a long time to ship out on the Q. Even longer to get here. At the beginning of covid I had a couple of things that never got here and one that was broken. Now it seems to take forever for something to come. I’m waiting for a velour jacket to come that would have been great to wear the past few days in the cold!! By the time it gets here the temps will be higher. Lol
      Do you believe what is happening in Texas? I feel so bad for all those people. That is just awful. From what the news says they need to get their power grid up to code so it won’t happen again. I hate to see people suffer from weather conditions. It’s scary how we are all dependent on power to survive
      Hope you have a good weekend and less snow!!
      Adele

• Anonymous
      Inactive

Do any of you use Dish for your TV? What are your thoughts? I am thinking about switching to them. The cable service I have is awful. I contacted them about their switching the channels all the time & I cannot find the channel I am looking for & their channel guide is wrong. They told me they are advising customers to buy some device & switch to a different platform. They are so expensive anyway & channels go out or switch to a different station if you are watching something. I have heard some not so good things about Dish also. So if someone has it how is your service.

• adele shanbar
      Participant

Hey Sue
      We had Dish in The campground in NH. We were only there on weekends. But every time there was a snow storm it went out until the dish was clear of snow
      Some people up here have Verizon. Can you get them?
      We were happy with the programming on Dish. They didn’t seem to play the games with people like Comcast does
      Adele
      Ps. How much snow did you get?

• adele shanbar
      Participant

Hey Sue
      We had Dish in The campground in NH. We were only there on weekends. But every time there was a snow storm it went out until the dish was clear of snow
      Some people up here have Verizon. Can you get them?
      We were happy with the programming on Dish. They didn’t seem to play the games with people like Comcast does
      Adele
      Ps. How much snow did you get?

• Gail Norusis
      Participant

Sue, We have had dish for a long time. It used to be when weather was stormy or snowy it would go out but that has improved but still happens with really bad storms. it can get pricey especially if you get any premium channels. Whenever it gets to cost too much Jenny will call them and threaten to leave and they will usually drop the price. I think Direct TV and Dish are pretty comparable. If you want HBO don’t get Dish as they dropped them because of a money dispute and never brought them back. They dropped WGN in Chicago for a while but I see they brought them back. I think the rates that you get for the first couple years on a basic package are okay. I do like having the DVR and the hopper. I know many people are dropping cable and using streaming services and all that but I find that stuff very confusing for my technological pea brain. lol
      You can always try it for six months and see if you like it.
      Gail

• Gail Norusis
      Participant

Hi Colleen,
      You got a lot of snow for your area. I know you like it so enjoy.
      they have not figured out what caused the stomach issues but those seem to be better too. Go figure. Unfortunately it didn’t stop me from eating. lol
      My nephew lives in Austin Texas but he was lucky and kept his power.
      I hope they can save those turtles-so many of the sea turtles are endangered.
      We are supposed to get some snow tomorrow and then a warm up next week. Hooray!
      Gail

• Gail Norusis
      Participant

Adele,
      I heard about Cuomo but now have forgotten what he supposedly did-what was it again?
      How about Ted Cruz escaping his own state when it was in trouble.
      You wonder if there are any upstanding politicians left.
      We are supposed to get warmer next week. yeah!
      This seems to have been an extra long winter what with staying home all the time.
      I hope by summer we have had shots and can get out and do some things again.
      I am stir crazy.
      Gail

• adele shanbar
      Participant

Hey everyone!!
      Cuomo doctored the stats on deaths in nursing homes. There were a lot more than he reported. But, I also heard he did that because he was afraid Trump would punish NY and he would not get what he needed from the Feds. I only heard that once so I am not sure how true it was
      We are getting more snow on Monday. Then it is supposed to get warmer and everything will melt. Thank God!
      I’m glad Dish improved from when we had it. Honestly, paying for TV is so lame. We never had that when we were young. Whose idea was that?? It was all about decent reception. Remember the rabbit ears and constantly trying to get a good picture?
      Colleen, I hope the kids are having fun in the snow
      I hope DD is ok. We have not heard from her in a few days
      Sue do the new windows make a difference in the snow storms? I hope they do
      Have a good weekend everyone
      Gail I hope you found a good concert for your date night and that your belly feels ok
      Adele

• Anonymous
      Inactive

Thank you for answering about Dish. I am looking at it & Direct TV. Those are our options beside what I have. What I have is so expensive & if I don’t buy what they want & change platforms my tv will no longer work as they are switching everything. This company is awful. Our previous company sold out to them & both their tv & internet have lots of problems & complaints so I do not understand what they are doing but I have had enough & want out. I liked that Dish included the Hallmark channels & Direct TV they cost extra but I cannot find out how much more. I don’t want the premium channels & they are free for 3 months but I don’t want to pay for them to get Hallmark. Guess I will need to call & see what they tell me. I have just been looking online. I am just worried when we get such strong winds so often it will knock everything off. And we have strong winds all the time here. When it blew off my siding at one time & damaged my outside light I worry that I will be without tv a lot. I have also read both of these have disputes with channels & take them off until or unless the dispute is settled. This happens a lot with ABC, CBS & NBC. These are both cheaper than what I have for now but I know they go up. I also don’t like being locked in for an amount of time & you have to pay whatever is left on your contract. But guess I will need to change with the times. This is my entertainment.

We had some sun today but very cold & windy. It is 24 but wind chills have it in the single digits. We are getting more snow Monday & then after that it is to go into the 40’s. I sure hope so I need this snow to go away. I don’t know how much we had total but woke up each morning to more & had to go shovel. I got the mail Wednesday but have not checked it since. It is icy behind my car & I need to walk over it to get to the road to walk down to the mailbox & it is tricky there also. I Just do not want to go out in the cold & wind today. I no longer feel air coming in around the windows but the doors are another matter. And when it is windy it is awful.
      I hope the weather straightens out soon as I have not went for a large grocery order since January I still have meat in the freezer but other things are getting low.
      I go to my doctor March 9th & he will yell about my weight. These days you eat what you have & I cannot give up carbs forever as he would like. Gail knows how hard it is to make a no carb meal. Is Greg still eating no carbs?
      Gail do you know if Piper made her goal with girl scout cookies? Jenny sent a link & I ordered some to help her & they came very quickly.

• adele shanbar
      Participant

Hi Sue
      I hope you get the best deal for a cable provider. They all have us trapped in deals. The only thing Gary loves is his TV so we have stayed with Comcast. We have tv phone internet snd the security system. My mothers phone is the cable phone. The price is awful but we do like Jenny does. We call to complain and they give us another deal…..with more years on the contract we tried Verizon once and the reception was awful in our area
      I’m glad there is less draft at least around your windows. Maybe next year he will do something for the door I wish I had a better solution for you
      Can you get a neighbor teen to bring you the mail? That is way too scary to get it in the ice!
      We have the same weather. It is going to get better next week. Thank God
      I say a prayer for you every day that you are safe and have all you need Getting old snd being alone is so scary. I wish you had a Quacker near you.
      I love Girl Scout cookies. I miss a lot not being on Facebook.

Gailster
      Can you give me the link to get cookies from Piper?? On email??
      Adele

• Gail Norusis
      Participant

Hi Adele,
      Thank you for refreshing my mind about Cuomo. I had heard that and had forgotten.
      One thing that’s good is not hearing about Trump every day. It had gotten so that my stomach was always in knots hearing every day about the things that he was doing.
      We keep hearing that the number of new cases and deaths from covid are going down so that is a good thing.
      Last night instead of having a concert we looked up some travelogues on YouTube and cast them on to the TV and pretended that we were traveling. There are some really pricey hotels in the world. A lot seem to be in middle eastern countries.
      Remember when they used to talk about having pay TV and it would not have commercials-what happened to that? lol
      That’s why it’s worth having the DVR to record things and skip commercials. It’s funny how used to it we get and then when we watch something live we get annoyed that we can’t skip the commercials.
      We actually still get some antenna TV out of Rockford. We had an antenna set up in our attic when we built the house so we can get local news and programming out of Rockford by antenna and then Chicago news and programming through Dish so we have the best of both world where that is concerned.
      It’s funny when we were kids we had three channels and they weren’t even on 24/7 like now. Remember when they went off the air and I think they played some patriotic song it seems. Now there are hundreds of channels on all day and night and sometimes it’s still hard to find something to watch. lol I don’t even watch the Emmy’s anymore as now all the programs up for awards are from streaming services. A person would have to watch TV all the time to consume all the shows that they talk about.
      Hope you are having a nice day. I found a frozen turkey breast that you can cook from frozen in my freezer so I am making that today with stove top stuffing and green bean casserole. Sort of like a mini Thanksgiving.
      Gail

Attachments:
    • Gail Norusis
      Participant

Hi Sue,
      I wouldn’t worry about getting the satellite blown off. They put it on there pretty securely. Our internet thingy (technical term) is way up on a tower on our two story house and we have not even lost that and we have had some pretty wild storms. Greg always worries it will fall when we have bad storms. But so far so good. Knock wood.
      You know I never remember having a contract for our Dish-maybe in the very beginning-but we have had it for a long long time.
      I am working on a big grocery order for WalMart too as we haven’t done a big run in quite a while. I said the same thing to the doctor that because our grocery runs are now so spread apart that we don’t have as many fresh fruits and vegetables as we used to. I know our eating habits have changed a lot with no weekly grocery trips or just even running in to pick up a few things.
      It’s very hard to cook no and low carbs. Fortunately Greg gave that up. After he had the stent I think he rethought all the extra meat and eggs that he was eating doing keto and decided it was best to do things more balanced. Plus he loves pasta!
      Piper’s goal was 100 and I think Jenny said she sold 79.
      Also, sorry Adele but the selling is over for this year unless they are still doing it on the website.
      Gail

Attachments:
    • adele shanbar
      Participant

Hey Gailster
      I’m devastated over the cookies! Nobody I knew was selling them. Next year let me know and I’ll get them from Jenny and Piper
      School starts again tomorrow. Vaca is over. but not much. It should melt cause it will be in the 40’s the rest of the week.
      I watched ITKWD today. Nothing caught my fancy. They did have the cookies Sure loves
      You two are hysterical. I can picture you pretending to be on a trip. Lol
      Did you see SNL last night? They had a skit of Brittney Spears interviewing Como and Cruz. It was funny
      Watch the Equalizer tonight if you can. I like that show. I trials hope it stays on. I love Queen Latifa. Did you see the new show about The Rock? I missed half of it so I can’t judge. I forgot to DVR it. I love the dvr. I also hate not being able to cut through the commercials!!
      Hope your evening goes well
      Adele

• Colleen
      Participant

Hi Everybody,
      I also have dish and am really happy with them. We do not lose connection like we use to when it storms or if we have snow. I think that we signed a contract a long time ago but have not signed another one. Even when we changed to the hopper. We have been costumers long enough that they did not ask us to. I think that we have had them for about as long as you have Gail. We have enough channels without HBO. I really like the family package and we get a lot of channels that we can all watch.
      Adele, Melissa and the kids are in Tennessee. It was funny because she was worried about our weather and they had an ice storm there and could not get back. I think that it is better there but am not sure. Kaylee played in the snow twice while she was here and then they left before it got too cold and all the deep snow.
      I do feel bad about those poor people in Texas. I do not see how they stood all that cold and no heat. Being without water is not good either. I cannot believe all the bad things that happened during this storm. They had a family here that have not had heat because the gas company has not delivered it. It seems like they should have a better system then what we have.
      Gail, I really like the memes that you have sent. Especially the one about the fried chicken. I have had days like that myself. I am glad that you send those and give us a good laugh.
      Well that is about all from here. Have a great night and stay safe.
      Colleen
      p.s. I am glad that Tillies shot has been okay.

• Gail Norusis
      Participant

Hi Adele,
      What kind of vacation did your kids have? Ours had no vacation here.
      However, today was the first day of going back to in person school for Lachlan-he goes back first then Kendall then Piper.
      It’s hard to believe that they have been out of school for almost a year. I think when this all started none of us imagined that we would all be at home for this long.
      Well Adele, we have to break up the monotony somehow so we decided to pretend that we were taking a trip. lol It made us forget for a little while that we are stuck indoors in snowy cold weather. We got about another three inches last night and now we are in for a drier spell and a warmer one. Amen to that.
      I have the show about The Rock copied but have not watched it yet.
      I had SNL on but was half asleep when it came on so only saw bits and pieces.
      I used to always stay up and watch the late night shows but now I find my self getting sleepy around ten and then am awake at seven. I used to be able to sleep later in the morning which is probably why I can no longer stay up late.
      My SIL is always up and on the way to her exercise classes by 7. (show off-lol) She and her husband are on the go all the time-just being around them exhausts me. I don’t think they ever sit down.
      Gail

Attachments:
    • Gail Norusis
      Participant

Hi Colleen,
      I’ll bet Kaylee had fun in the snow-especially since she had been away from it for awhile.
      Did they go back to Tennessee permanently or just for a visit?
      So many of the southern states got a bunch of snow and ice and they are just not equipped to handle it.
      The poor people of Texas got the snow, the cold, no water and then some got giant utility bills on top of all that.
      It was nice seeing on the news all the people that volunteered to help. It raises my spirits to see that.
      I wonder if the long time Dish customers no longer get a contract. That’s what it seems like.
      I try to find funny things to post. When the stay at home first started there were all sorts of funny things-now there aren’t quite as many.
      I was reading this morning that at this point we have lost more people to Covid than we have to WWI.WWII and Vietnam. And still people don’t believe it’s for real.
      We know these people and she is a big anti vaccer and posts all this stuff against the vaccine. She’s a nut case. They live in a remote part of Idaho and just go about their lives like nothing has happened. And they even know some people that have had Covid and some even very sick with it. I just don’t get it.
      Is baby Grayson a year already? Gosh time has flown.
      Gail

Attachments:
    • Colleen
      Participant

Hi Gail,
      Kaylee did have fun in the snow. She is funny. She did not try to get anyone to go out with her she played with the dogs. I also thought she would try and build a snowman but she didn’t.
      Melissa got her old job back in Tennessee so she is thinking of moving back to Cookeville. She thinks she found a house but she will be so far away from the family. If she has any problems it will not be easy to get to her. I am not sure how I feel about her moving back. She really likes Tennessee and says it is a really good place to live.
      I cannot believe that they were getting bills for $1,000.00. They do not have electric but they got those large bills anyway. That was a terrible thing to do to those people. They have enough problems without them doing things like that to them.
      This is stupid to think that covid is not real. It is real we just have to learn how to deal with it. We also need to find a way to keep from getting it. Life has to go on and we need to o on.
      Grayson is 1 already. It is hard to believe that he is that old already and walking all over the place. They sent me a picture of him the other day with a bucket over his head. They said that he was giggling and then he pulled the bucket up and was just grinning. He is going to be a little character when he gets bigger.
      It is good that all your grands are going back to school. It will be nice for them to with the other kids and socializing again. Even if they cannot get near each other they will still be able to see each other and talk. They need that I think.
      We are warming up here also. A lot of our snow has melted but we still have enough that the ground is covered. The only place that we can see grass is where Ron used the tractor to remove some of the snow.
      Well that is all from here. Have a great night and stay safe.
      Colleen

• Dianne Danielson
      Participant

Hi Ladies,
      I’m okay. The snow is gone, except for patches in parking lots where people shoveled in piles. But we’re supposed to get one of those ‘pineapple express’ storms with wind & rain & warmer temps. We were 50 the past couple days. Some areas in the state actually were warmer! I was glad to see the ice & snow leave.
      Sue, do you have to get your landlord’s permission to allow the satellite dish be attached to the bldg? A few yrs ago I was gonna get the dish, but when the guy started questioning me about where I lived, he said I’d have to get the landlord’s written permission first. Well, that ended that. Then a few yrs later, the management tried to get Dish installed for everyone here, but it fell through. Not sure why. Could’ve been too expensive for the bldg. Be sure to read the fine fine print to make sure they don’t take advantage, & charge upwards of $1,000 for signing on. I don’t trust em. Oh not too long ago they dropped 2 of our local stations, they’re bad for that, dropping locals. Maybe it’s different back there as there’s a larger population & larger markets.
      Anybody got any idea why ted crud isn’t in quarantine? Oh wait he’s repuglican he can’t get the virus. Can you believe we’ve hit the 500,000 mark? So terrible. At least the President paid tribute today. Church bells rang, & flags are supposed to be lowered to half mast till Friday at sunset. That’s more than the moron ever did.
      Most everyone has their power back on. I was lucky, but some rural areas are still without power.

back to texas, how can people be charged thousands of $ for electricity when they’ve been
      WITHOUT power for days!! One woman said they took out $17,000 out of her bank account for 3 days of power. that’s criminal!!!
      Oh, I read somewhere the conspiracy people are blaming Biden for the mess texas is in. would somebody please explain to me how he could possibly be responsible??? It’s GREED!!!!!
      Well that’s enough for tonight.
      stay safe, warm & well.
      dd

Attachments:
    • Gail Norusis
      Participant

Hi DD,
      I never heard of people getting charged an extra thousand dollars for signing on with a TV service. I know a lot of people have dropped cable and use things like Roku and stuff but I have no idea how that works or what you can get with it. I am just not techy enough.
      I think all the cable companies drop stations when they have a dispute so I don’t know if there’s any escaping that.
      We are supposed to be 45 degrees today. Wow!
      Not only was Ted Cruz not quarantining but he took a photo op of himself out helping people.
      You would think by now that people in the public eye would know that they can’t get away with anything as someone is always watching with all the social media available today.
      I think that what messed up those power bills in Texas was that people were on some kind of variable rate system but didn’t really realize what that would mean in a catastrophe. I heard another guy had a 16,000 bill and it was on autopay so it was just withdrawn before he even realized it.
      I love the pictures of the pretty quilts. I am actually starting to miss going out to real stores and seeing pretty things in person.
      Gail

Attachments:
    • adele shanbar
      Participant

Hey Gailster
      That is hysterical. I do the same thing. I fall asleep at night and miss half a show. Lol. That’s what happened with The Rock
      Our kids had Feb vaca. The next one is April vaca. They are starting rod next week but Steph is not letting them go. She is keeping them remote. That is an option the school offered
      We had rain yesterday. Today us finally sunny. My ankle was so bad in the storm yesterday that my foot on one side was black snd blue. I went to bed to watch TV cause I could not stand the pain any longer. Today is a lot better. It sucks eith so much pain every time it rains or snows. Oh well.
      I hope your day is going well!!
      Adele

• Gail Norusis
      Participant

Hi Colleen,
      Maybe Melissa wants to move back so the kids won’t be so far away from their father and can still see him. I’m assuming he’s still in Tennessee. I’m sure she will be fine if she moves back. We all worry about our kids no matter how old they get but it’s comforting to know that they can make it on their own too.
      That way when we get to be really old they can take care of us. lol
      Hopefully we can keep from getting covid when we can all get the vaccine. So far around here it is in short supply. Is it available where you live?
      Actually our grands didn’t want to go back to school. But I think once they get back in the swing of things they will be glad. At least they got to see their cousins so they weren’t totally isolated from other kids. Me and Greg are more isolated than anybody else in the family. lol
      Have you seen that American Picker’s is back on. However, Frank hasn’t been on yet-at least that I’ve seen. I wonder if he will ever be able to go back and climb through barns again since he had back surgery.
      Gail

Attachments:
    • adele shanbar
      Participant

Hey DD
      Ditto……ditto……ditto
      I cried last night when Biden did the memorial Half a million families are grieving. Then add the numbers that are not counted, like Heather who they call collateral damage due to the stress of corona on people who have depression and other mental health issues , plus recovering addicts snd alcoholics. It is so sad. I always say I wish the local TV stations would publish the pics of the deceased every day so people do not get desensitized to the fact those numbers are human beings with faces and names
      I hope you get rain with the next storm, and nit snow
      Glad you are ok. Hope your day goes well

Hey Sue and Colleen
      Hope your day is going well too. The sun is shining that is always a good day
      Adele

• Gail Norusis
      Participant

Hi Adele,
      Is your ankle bad because of arthritis? That’s awful that it turned black and blue.
      We had weather in the 40’s so we had a lot of melting. However, everything is still white. We have a lot to go before we see actual ground again.
      I don’t know if our kids had the option to stay home or not. I think it’s going to be good for them to go back to in class learning even though it is only for a half day. A year is a long time for a kid to be out of school. Some kids could have lost a lot of ground.
      Why do your kids have a February break? Ours have a Christmas/winter break and a Easter/spring break. And various holidays and lots of early releases for teacher’s meetings. I always joke that sometimes it seems that they have more time off than school days. It will be interesting to hear how it was going back.
      Well next week will be March and a full year since lock down started will be coming up. It seems like it’s been five years.
      Both of Greg’s brothers have had their shots. His sister is still trying to find a place while they are in Florida for the winter. My sister got her first shot-not sure about my brother. We are still waiting patiently-lol. Maybe in March. I know we got an email that they will be opening up a big place in another city in our county for distribution.
      I wonder if college students will be heading to Florida for spring break again this year. We are finally getting our numbers down and then something like that occurs.
      I am so glad that Washington is finally acknowledging those who have died. Can’t believe the former person in charge just ignored all those people like they didn’t matter-and I honestly think they
      didn’t matter to him-he has no empathy.
      I think we also get daylight savings time back in March. Hooray! Love the longer days.
      Gail

Attachments:
    • adele shanbar
      Participant

Hey Gailster
      Our kids have a Feb and April vaca. I thought everyone in the US had the same vaca time
      My ankle is arthritis. Before it storms it hurts a lot. That day igg TV was fine bad when I took my sneaker off gif dude of the foot from the big toe to the ankle was all bruised. The bruising was almost gone the next morning. It is very strange snd painful. Just another thing I have to learn to live with
      It is funny here too. But my feet are hurting. So I figure we are getting rain again
      I hope your day goes well!!
      Adele

• Gail Norusis
      Participant

Adele,
      lol lol Read your above post. What language are you speaking? lol lol

• Anonymous
      Inactive

We had a beautiful day for a change. Sunny & low 50’s. We still have loads of snow but this took it down some. It is great around my car except the passenger side where all the snow is piled up. I also have a big pile in front & back. I did go to Dollar General, the ATM & the Post Office. Can you believe Dollar General had no milk. So it was nice to get out a bit. A bit challenging to get my car parked between all the piles of snow. But it looks pretty good if I say so myself.
      Sure was surprise Monday. We were to get 1 to 3 inches of snow than rain but we got 6 inches of snow no rain. Yesterday was some snow blowing around but it did not lay so I am glad for a day with no snow. They are calling for rain this weekend. I hope not to much as with the snow melt & a lot of rain there will be flooding.
      Gail I think Adele needs to give us a decoder. Sometimes I can figure out what she is trying to say but not that.

• adele shanbar
      Participant

Hey Sue
      Lol. It’s the auto correct thing. I type one thing snd it does not like it any types done bizzarro thing.
      I have to proof read before I hit post
      I also type too fast I am totally at fault. Lol. Lol
      Glad you got out snd had warmer weather. It was 51 here today
      Tillies nurse came to check her. She is all good. She warned to keep an eye on her after the second shot as she may get woozy
      Have a good night
      Adele

• adele shanbar
      Participant

Omg. Omg. Omg
      I was trying to say. That night I could not watch TV in the living room. I went to watch in bed. When I took my sneaker off the foot was all bruised from the ankle to the big toe. It disappeared the next day. That has happened twice. The pain in the ankles is bad before a storm comes. Just another arthritic thing to deal with
      Lol. Lol
      Adele

• Dianne Danielson
      Participant

Hi Ladies,
      I’m wondering if Adele was having a stroke or mini stroke while she was doing her post. Thoughts get scrambled & nothing makes sense at that time. It was too scrambled for us to make sense of it. I’ve been able to unscramble her posts for the most part but this is way out in space. I know alot of it has to do with her hands or spellcheck (I hate). I have to correct it many times. I hope she’s okay.
      It’s a lovely day here today. But we’re back to good ole Oregon rain. It clears out the air & I could smell spring in the air. I had the window open a crack to let in some fresh air today. Hang in there, spring is on the way!!!
      No, our kids don’t have Feb. or April vacas. They get the Christmas break, spring break (March), then holidays of course, then it’s June thru Sept. after Labor day. But with things the way they are, schools still haven’t opened up yet. It’s a tug of war out here. kids want to go back to school, but the teachers want to be vaccinated first. Problem is the tug of war is between vaccinating the elderly or teachers first? the elderly are having a he– of a time getting appointments. I got lucky because of where I live.
      I better sign off I gotta get dinner.
      Stay safe, stay warm & well.
      dd

Attachments:
    • Dianne Danielson
      Participant

Hi Adele,
      I’m relieved to hear you’re okay. I was afraid you may have had a mini stroke or something. I know spell check is a pain in the a$$, I hate it myself!!!

Say, I was wondering if any of you have ever got things from VPH? I got the set of 3 spring animals, lamb, chick & bunny, but I’m not happy with them. I put brand new batteries but they don’t light up like I thought they would. I’m half tempted to send em back. It’d be the first time I returned something of hers.
      I have the Amazon Fire for tv. It’s the thing you plug into the back of your tv & you can get all kinds of channels, except for locals, as far as I know. It’s easy as pie, there’s alot of free channels, & there are ones you pay for by the month. You pick & choose what you want. You don’t pay for what you don’t want.
      Well, that’s all for now.
      dd

Attachments:
    • adele shanbar
      Participant

Hey DD
      Lol. I read my post snd have no idea how it got that bad. You are right. Between my arthritic swollen fingers and spell check it was hysterical. I have to proof read my posts!!!
      I hope to God I was not having a stroke. Lol. Lol
      Have you seen The Rock’s new show? I’m not sure if I like it. I’ll give it one more try. What about Keenen’s new show?
      Adele

• Gail Norusis
      Participant

Hi Sue,
      It does feel good to get out on a nice day even if it’s just a drive to the Dollar Store.
      It sounds like you did a good job parking even with the snow.
      We are getting some melting here but we don’t want it to happen too fast or there will be flooding-especially if we get any rain.
      I thought that we would be able to schedule shots this morning but I had to wake Greg up so he could get online too so we could try to get them together at a close time and by the time he got downstairs and online the appointments were gone. So many people we know drive for a couple hours to get them. One couple we know used one of those appointment finder people. We don’t want to go through all those extremes. I figure we will get them eventually-although I really don’t want the Johnson and Johnson one as it is much less efficient at actually keeping you from getting the disease.
      Gail

Attachments:
    • Gail Norusis
      Participant

Hi DD,
      I knew it was just Adele’s typing but this one I really couldn’t figure out so I wanted to razz her a little. lol
      I do love when you can smell spring in the air.
      I have bought quite a bit of VPH over the years most I liked but have been disappointed in a few. Her things are so very cute. I think I missed the set that you bought. They sound cute.
      Gail

Attachments:
    • Gail Norusis
      Participant

Hi Adele,
      I have not seen the Rock yet. It is copied. I saw the Kenan show once. It wasn’t that funny but I will keep watching as I really like Kenan.
      Does anyone watch any soaps still? I watch General Hospital and Days of Our Lives. I started many years ago and have watched on and off through the years but not faithfully. However now I just copy them and watch at my leisure.
      There’s a new scifi program that I want to watch-i think it starts next week. I read that it is similar to a program called Fringe which I watched all the seasons that it was on. Plus right now all the spring baking programs are on and I like to watch them too. And Grey’s is coming back and I still have to watch two episodes to get caught up. A person could have a full time job watching TV. I see that the program Mom is ending too. Plus The Voice comes back next week.
      Gail

Attachments:
    • Gail Norusis
      Participant

Here are pictures of the front back and sides of the guitar that Greg just finished. This is the third one that he has made. He is much better at finishing projects than I am. I have so many partially finished things.

Attachments:
    • Gail Norusis
      Participant

Well I guess I can just post the back. Darn,

• Gail Norusis
      Participant

Here’s the side

Attachments:
    • Gail Norusis
      Participant

Here’s the front.

Attachments:
    • adele shanbar
      Participant

Hey Gailster
      Keenan was a little funnier last night but nowhere near his usual level of jocularity.
      The Rock was ok. I’m not sure I like the format they are using. Not a fan of the interview part. That could be fine a lot better. I’ll continue watching because I love him!
      That guitar is fabulous. Greg has great talent. Is he going to keep it or sell it? I would say it is worth thousands!
      Well as usual my life is a mess I mentioned how bad the arthritis is in my ankles. Well it got so bad it has to be gout. I could barely walk to the bathroom this morning. If this level of pain was Gary he would have dialed 911. Gary kept yelling to take the prednisone I called arthritis doctor. She said it is and I Ned to take it. Also I can’t have the shot when I take prednisone. Had to reschedule the shot. My dr had a nurse coming to the house to take blood and urine. I can barely walk. This is ridiculous
      I figure it this way. There must be a reason everything for me got rearranged. Maybe I would have caught the virus when I went for it or after when I did the blood work at the hospital. I just felt something stopped me from going for a reason. The universe interfered
      Gary is still going. He was not going for blood work
      It was sunny today. That is good. Having some form of a storm tomorrow
      Adele

• Anonymous
      Inactive

Love the guitar. Greg is very talented.

I may try going in to the grocery store tomorrow. They say now it is to rain in the morning then taper off. I hate to go Sat. as it is usually busy. But it is the end of the month & I would like to use my points so I do not lose them. I did pick up some things at Dollar General & today I went to sharp Shopper & got some things but you cannot get everything at those places.

They are going to install my Direct TV on Monday. It is still rather expensive once they add the taxes & fees. I am letting them charge my credit card each month because I was not giving them access to my checking account. I would rather get a bill each month but this saves me $5 a month. If I pay the cc each month I won’t have to pay interest. I have a 24 month contract. I may have to cancel after that as It will probably go way up. It will be nice having the Genie to tape things as I never had that. I had a VCR back in the day but nothing since.

Gail you ask I do watch General Hospital but not Days.

• adele shanbar
      Participant

Hi Sue
      I hope you get all your errands done as it will be very cold the beginning of the week
      You are going to love the record feature. That way you will not miss any show you are going interested in and can choose what you want to watch without commercials
      I hope they don’t raise your price after the contract is over. You can always do what Jenny and Gary do…. threaten to leave and see what goodies they offer. Lol
      It has been snowing up here but not sticking. It’s supposed to change to rain shortly. So dark and gloomy!!
      Hope you get everything done today. It will be crock pot and hot chocolate weather the next few days!
      Adele

• Colleen
      Participant

Hi Everybody,
      Gail the guitar that Greg is really pretty. He is so good at making them. Did you say if he was going to sell that one or keep it? He could really make good money making them he really is very talented.
      The kids do not want to be near their dad. She really likes living in Tennessee but I think that it is a mistake. Melissa and Stephen cannot be in the same room without arguing. The kids knew the break up was coming.
      Adele I am sorry about your ankle. I hope that it is starting to get better. You really have had a lot of trouble with gout this year. I hope you can get your covid shot soon. I will see my doctor Monday and she should tell me where to get my shot or put me on a list.
      Have you been watching the president? He is not acting right. I hope he did not have a stroke. He cannot read the prompter or remember the numbers of covid cases here in the states. He mis speaks and is having all types of problems. I think that we all need to pray for him.
      Are any of you getting that storm that they have been talking. I heard there was one coming but did not hear where it was going to hit. It is not supposed to come anywhere near us.
      Well that is about all from here. I hope you all have a great night and stay safe.
      Colleen

• Gail Norusis
      Participant

I’m closing up this thread. Meet me over on the March thread.

Viewing 99 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Share on Facebook
Facebook
Pin on Pinterest
Pinterest
Tweet about this on Twitter
Twitter
Email this to someone
email

Share this with a Smile
X Close
Watch QVC
top finds links QVC LIVE QVC PLUS QVC UK