Quacker Chat for August 20212021-08-01T13:54:18-04:00

Home Forums General Quacker Chatter Quacker Chat for August 2021

Viewing 63 reply threads
  • Author
      Participant

Hi Everyone,
      It’s August already-the kids go back to school August 19th. Summer is flying.
      Colleen is right-the time just flies when we get older. I wish I could slow it down.
      Colleen, I’m glad you had such a fun visit with Kaylee. We are going away with Jenny and the kids for a few days before school starts up. It’s coming soon.
      I too hope that Brooklyn’s eyes get opened concerning this young man who seems to be using these girls and then abandoning them. She is so young to have two children. She had to grow up fast.
      The baby’s due date is my birthday too. I don’t think you ever mentioned that I shared a birthday with your brother.
      We know any baby born on that date will be perfect! lol
      Adele,
      I’m glad you had a good visit with your SIL-would this be your first husband’s sister then? It must be if her kids and your kids are cousins.
      You asked why there were rocks in the pond that Greg had to retrieve-well the pond is outlined with big rocks and during the winter with the snow and such some just get pushed over the edge so he has to get in and retrieve them every now and then.
      You are right-if we had not all willingly lined up and taken the polio vaccine there would still be polio around. We never questioned it-we were waiting eagerly for a cure to come out. Back then all of us knew people who were crippled by polio and everyone feared it. We couldn’t wait for a vaccine to become available. And now people have the chance to end this pandemic and get vaccinated and people are digging their heels in and refusing the shots because it has become politicized. I could just slap them all including my own children.
      We went and got the shot so we could be safe and now the rest of them are jeopardizing our health again by not getting vaccinated and letting these variants pop up. if more people would get vaccinated we could vanquish this horrible virus but now we are going backwards and will have to mask up again and who knows what else. Grrrrrrr!
      Tell Amanda congrats on the promotion. I too hope she will decide to go back to school. Perhaps the promotion will give her the incentive.
      I do like your costume. The great grands must get a kick out of you.
      DD, I did watch a bit of CIJ here and there. it will be CIJ every month now and when October hits they’ll be putting up the trees. That’s just how retail works. I like to enjoy my summer as it is so much shorter than the cold winter months.
      I’m one of those who is kind of disgusted with the people who are not getting vaccinated. I don’t know why they can’t see it’s for the greater good.
      We’ve lost the spirit of pulling together through adversity like they had during the second world war. Now it’s every man for him or her self.

Gail

Attachments:
    • adele shanbar
      Participant

Hey Gailster
      I am so aggravated with the lunatics who don’t want to get a shot. I just wish the government would make it mandatory for everyone. Period It is mandatory for all the other childhood illnesses. What’s the difference? Accept that this virus is currently active in killing people!!
      Tillie came up for dinner tonight. I was very happy. I showed her some pics of the yard work Frankie did yesterday We had to plant Hostas on the side of the house because the old ones looked pretty bad. Who knows. Maybe next year they will all come back and it will be all lush and green on the side of the house. Lol
      That makes sense about the pond and the rocks. Lol
      Every time I post pics, I get an error message saying too long. I will only post one today. It is the eyeglass case I made for my cousin in Germany. It is my favorite one so far. The colors are so beautiful!!
      Hope you have a good night
      Adele
      Ps. Hope you have a blast with Jenny snd the kids!!

• Gail Norusis
      Participant

Hi Adele,
      I wish they could make the shots mandatory too-but they can’t and they won’t.
      Those other shots for the childhood diseases I don’t believe are mandatory except to attend school-but some parents have found ways around getting those too-thus the outbreaks of measles where for years there were none.
      I just wish people would be more cooperative and realize that it’s for the good of everyone.
      It makes me very frustrated.
      And of course there’s the deniers and anti vaccers-which is all well and good until someone in their family gets very sick and then they change their tune but it could be too late by then.
      Kind of a sad thing happened today. Sue used to post on the General Hospital thread on the Q forums. Every month when they start a new thread they list the names of the people who have birthdays that month and the other posters can wish them happy birthday if they want.
      I noticed when I read this morning the August birthdays were posted and Sue’s was the 4th.
      Now we don’t use our real names on those boards we all have a nickname on there but there was a person I always suspected was Sue and when she talked about her brother passing away last year on the General Hospital thread I knew it was her nickname-plus she talked on here about another poster on that thread that made her stop posting there. Anyway, I didn’t want people going ahead and wishing her Happy Birthday on that thread so I mentioned that i knew her from a different discussion group for many years and I discovered that she had passed away last spring and that our group felt bad that she had no one to remember her so we had some flowers sent to her gravesite. So I just asked that people remember her that day and say a prayer if so inclined. I figured I should say something as I didn’t want people wishing her a happy birthday and getting no response and wondering why.
      It just made me kind of sad to think about that again and to remember Sue and Barbara. I think Barbara will be gone almost two years,
      It reminds me of how precious life is and to make the most of what we have left.
      I hope that your hostas will grow back nice and lush.
      Does Tille come up for meals much anymore? Does she use the chairlift thingy?
      I must admit I did a little damage with gem day last week. I was treating myself for my recent anniversary. lol
      Sometimes retail therapy is just good for the soul.
      I wish I could see the picture of your last project but it didn’t post again. I wonder what is up with that?
      We are having BLT’s tonight with garden tomatoes. Yum!
      Gail

Attachments:
    • Colleen
      Participant

Hi Ladies,
      Well I finally got back on this site. I am having trouble again. I do not know how to fix this permanently. It comes and goes and I just have to hope it works.
      Gail I love the memes that you posted. I love the one telling the parent where they can find their child. I know I have felt that way with some of the smart kids that I have seen in stores.
      I wonder if anyone told them on Quacker factory that Sue has passed. I noticed that her birthday was posted today. I will post something to Tiago and maybe they can get it taken off so it will not be there again next year.
      Brook is not waking up. She has moved in with him again. He did not come back to see her until she got a car. He will do like he did before. He will use her car to go see his girlfriends and after he wrecks it he will take off again. He is such a jerk.
      I will always remember your birthday Gail. There will be a lot more people to remember on that day.
      It is warm here today. Ron is trying to put a carport up. It is big enough for two cars. He makes sheds for all his tool but instead of building a garage he puts up a car port. I have got to quit complaining it will be nice to have it.
      I think that there are things wrong this site. Things like that have been happening a lot here lately. You never know for sure if you what you write will post. It is just acting up.
      DD I hope that Halle is feeling well now. I also hope that Critt is doing well. Adele I hope that Tillie is coming upstairs now and eating with the family. It just seems like so many people are having problems.
      I watched some of the CIL shows. I ordered that bat man that flies just by moving your hand. I think that Aliza will have fun with that. I had thought that I would get one for the other kids to play with so they could play with them on Christmas day.
      Well that is about all from here. Have a great day and stay safe.
      Colleen

• adele shanbar
      Participant

Hey Gailster
      I’ll post the pic again. Plus the pic of the hosta that was planted Saturday,with fencing around it, and some animal ate them all
      That hosta ( there were 8 of them) got eaten, rescued and put on the table on the deck and took 4 weeks to grow back! Frankie planted them for me snd put fencing around them. Took only two days to be eaten again! Lol
      I just posted snd the dam thing disappeared!! This is the second one
      That is more than sad. People die and their words live on in the posts. Unless someone finds out, you just end up wondering what happened to them. It is so sad our little group is becoming smaller. I often wonder how Barbara’s family is doing. I hope Sue’s church friends say prayers for her and visit her grave or remember her in some kind way
      I hope they donated her Quacker clothes and not threw them out. That would have been an awful shame, and Sur would not have liked that at all
      I hope both pics I am posting will show up this time
      Don’t be sad. We still have 4 people 🙏🏻🙏🏻♥️♥️🥴🥴
      Love. Adele

• adele shanbar
      Participant

Trying one at a time

• adele shanbar
      Participant

One more time

• adele shanbar
      Participant

No luck. Says upload error

• adele shanbar
      Participant

Hey Colleen
      OMG. That is awful about Brooke. I will add an extra prayer for her to see who he is and that she deserves much better!!!
      It’s so hard to see the kids make choices that hurt them. They don’t deserve it
      Please read the post to Gail for all the news
      Tillie came up Sunday and had a nice time. She uses the lift, but she hates it. Lol
      Luv ya
      Adele

• Colleen
      Participant

Hi Adele,
      Thank-you for the prayers for Brook. She needs all the prayers that she can get. She came over to night and brought the baby. He is so cute and gets into everything. The first thing he wanted was crackers. He ate some of them and then he ate a cookie. He was still looking around for food so I asked him if he wanted an apple. He smiled really big and kept saying apple apple. He took it and tried to bite into it but he couldn’t so we took it back so we could peel it. He was funny he was not happy at first. but when he saw we were going to peel it he was a lot happier then. He ate all but one piece and then he ate some mac and cheese. He ate a lot of it. He must have been really hungry.
      That is good that Tillie is coming upstairs for dinner. She is having a hard time getting use to that chair lift. I hope she gets use to it soon. She may never like it though she seems to have made up her mind.
      That is sad that she did not have anyone to know what to do with her things. I think about DD and at least she has Hallie around to take care of things for her. It is so sad when people do not have anyone it is really hard. People do not check on their neighbors anymore. They really need to have some person to be around. It is just so sad.
      Well that is about all from here. Have a great night and stay safe.
      Colleen

• adele shanbar
      Participant

Hey Colleen
      Sounds like you had a nice visit with Brook and the baby!! They are so cute at that age
      It is very sad about Sue. I always worried about her being alone and my fears came true. The poor thing died and nobody knew for a few days. How awful is that! Everybody needs people to watch over them, especially as we get older
      It is going to pour up here again later on today. Yuck. I’m already stiff. Lol
      Hope your day is sunny !!!
      Adele

• Colleen
      Participant

Hi Adele,
      It is really sad that Sue had to die that way. It is horrible that she was there for a few days before she was found. I just hope that the rest of the people that are on this site have family to watch over them.
      We are supposed to get some rain here this week-end but we need it. We go from a lot of rain to hardly any. It is going to get really hot here again next week. I really hope that they are wrong. It seems like when it is time for the kids to go back to school it starts to get really hot again. The poor kids have to go to school in the heat.
      Colleen

• Dianne Danielson
      Participant

HI Ladies,
      I hope everyone is doing fine. We’ve got some smoke from the fires. Not like last fall tho. It’s a hazy layer but not down here. I can’t see some of the mountains like I normally do every day. We’re supposed to get some rain Friday night into Sat. morn. I noticed some moisture on the windows night before last before going to bed. Not alot, just enough to stir up the dust on the windows.
      I see all of you saw a notice about Sue’s birthday. I got a reminder with a pic of her & Angel saying today is her birthday. FB has a memory section & every night at midnight they show your memories of that day. That’s where I get alot of my pics.
      I see they’re having a ‘hello fall” day today. I can almost smell it in the air, esp at night. It really cools off at night, even if it’s hot during the day. I’m ready for fall. Ready to start decorating for fall.
      Eastern Oregon gets alot hotter than here, since they’re over 3,000 ft. (closer to the sun). LOL
      Adele, I saw some Boo Fetti wine glasses on David’s special tonight. I imagine it’ll be showing up in the coming days on ITKWD. And would you PLEASE send some of that rain out here!!! Those fires would be put out by now if we could get some of it. (I know I sound like a broken record)!!
      Don’t get me started on these SELFISH IDIOTS that refuse to get the shots. I guess their bucket list includes ending up on life support!! Or for their family members to end up on life support. I see clips of interviews of people dying telling their families to get the shot!!
      It’s all about ME, ME , ME & to he– with the rest of you. Karma has a way of coming back around & biting you in the a$$$$ eventually. Frankly I won’t shed any tears for any of them if they get it & end up in the hospital or end up dead. (I’m so wicked)!!
      Well, I better get off before I lose it.
      take care, stay safe, stay well!
      dd

Attachments:
    • adele shanbar
      Participant

Hi Colleen
      It is pouring up here. A bad arthritis day, as I say. Lol
      Still better than a drought! I hope you get the rain you need
      It is awful when people are alone. It is heartbreaking. I keep tellingvTillie how lucky she is to be in her own home, and having people coming and going to visit. I hope I am the same as I get older. Lol
      Have a good day
      Adele

• adele shanbar
      Participant

Hi DD
      I feel the same way. I feel bad about the way I feel for the n- vaccinated! I get so angry they are risking the health of my great grandsons One of them is my own granddaughter who thinks this is all blown out of proportion. Her boys and she have asthma for God’s sake!!!
      I wish I could give you some rain. It is pouring up here right now snd so dark and gloomy.
      It’s so sad about Sue. I keep thinking… wonder what Sue would think about this. I also miss Barbara’s insights into the medical reasons snd her stories about her grandson. Loss is just awful
      Hope you are having a good day!!
      Adele

• Gail Norusis
      Participant

Hi Everyone,
      Colleen, Did Ron get the carport done? You will appreciate it in the winter. We have a garage so our cars are in there all year round and the truck is kept in the barn.
      Wow! little Grayson was really hungry. lol He ate a lot of food. He’s a growing boy!
      I will continue to pray that Brook will see the light and realize that the boyfriend is not good for her. It’s a hard and painful lesson to learn sometimes but she will be better for it in the long run.
      I wonder what is causing all the trouble for posting on here. You can’t get on and all of a sudden Adele can’t post her pictures. I think every time they do something on here we all get signed out too.
      Adele, I’m sorry your plants are getting all eaten. Where we go up north they have to have all their plants in cages to keep the deer from eating them. They have a flower garden with a big tall fence around it. The deer are like bunnies up there.
      I wonder how Barbara’s family is doing too.
      They did write some nice remembrances for Sue on the GH thread. Since she had no close relatives left I wonder who cleaned out her house. I wonder if her brother’s girlfriend who wouldn’t give her the time of day showed up when she thought she might get something. Wouldn’t that be awful-but since she is no actual relation at all I doubt she could have any say in the dispersal of Sue’s belongings. I wonder if she had a will. Maybe her assets went to a charity. I know she loved dogs.
      So far my kids haven’t gotten the vaccine either-although I think Brent might be leaning that way-Hopefully we can eventually convince Jenny and we hope she will take Kendall to get a shot too as she is old enough to get the phizer one for younger people. I keep praying that they will open their minds as we worry about them all being unvaccinated.
      DD, I saw those boofetti wine glasses and also ones in that leaf pattern in the new arrivals for QVC today.
      Our governor came on the news yesterday and said all the kids will be going back to school wearing masks. Perhaps if their younger parents had gotten vaccinated this wouldn’t have to be. I keep praying people’s eyes will be opened before too much more damage is done.
      Gail

Attachments:
    • adele shanbar
      Participant

Hey Gailster
      Ditto. Ditto ditto to your vaccine woes!!! I love the meme about hot dogs. That would actually be a great idea!!! Lol. Lol
      So now I bought this cart thing to raise the plants in the patio. If I need to grow something they love, it could have a chance of getting larger. Lol
      I saw those glasses. They are in my wish list for now. That they have to be hand washed is an issue for me. Lol. Lol. They are pretty and I love them
      It poured up here on and off all day. Still raining now!!
      Had a zoom mag with my arthritis dr. She has another med that needs prior approval for gout prevention. She agreed I could occasionally take a prednisone on a really bad. A 5 mg dose We are also going to try to get an in home PT referral. That could help with the leg that is so bad with sciatica and is numb from the knee to ankle on half the leg. I am willing to try whatever I need so I won’t lose more ground.
      Hope you guys are all good and your weather is better!!!
      Adele

• adele shanbar
      Participant

Hey Gailster
      Ditto. Ditto ditto to your vaccine woes!!! I love the meme about hot dogs. That would actually be a great idea!!! Lol. Lol
      So now I bought this cart thing to raise the plants in the patio. If I need to grow something they love, it could have a chance of getting larger. Lol
      I saw those glasses. They are in my wish list for now. That they have to be hand washed is an issue for me. Lol. Lol. They are pretty and I love them
      It poured up here on and off all day. Still raining now!!
      Had a zoom mag with my arthritis dr. She has another med that needs prior approval for gout prevention. She agreed I could occasionally take a prednisone on a really bad. A 5 mg dose We are also going to try to get an in home PT referral. That could help with the leg that is so bad with sciatica and is numb from the knee to ankle on half the leg. I am willing to try whatever I need so I won’t lose more ground.
      Hope you guys are all good and your weather is better!!!
      Adele

• Dianne Danielson
      Participant

Hi Ladies,
      Adele, what are those plants you were talking about in your email? Hosta? I’ve never heard of it.
      Also, can you crop your pics so they’re smaller. It isn’t hard to do. I get that alot when I try putting a pic of Snowball or any pic I take with my phone. Once I crop it I have no trouble sending it.
      I don’t know about the rest of you but I’m soooooooo ready for fall!!! I’m just about ready to take down the summer decor & start putting up some of the fall stuff I have. Not Halloween tho. Waaaay too soon for that. End of Sept. first of Oct.
      Can you believe how fast this yr has flooooown by?? The holidays will be here before we know it!!
      Well, that’s all for tonight.
      dd

Attachments:
    • Gail Norusis
      Participant

DD,
      There are a zillion types of hostas. Here are a couple of pictures. People plant them when they want something resilient that comes back year after year and they pretty much take care of them selves. They are sort of a no bother filler plant.
      Also to the candy corn picture and question. I like the way it looks because of the color combo but l dislike the taste. So I like to use fake candy corn items to decorate.

Attachments:
    • adele shanbar
      Participant

Hi DD
      The pics Gail posted are Hostas. They are great at covering a lot of area in a garden. Very nice border garden plants. I have a huge one called an elephant hosta in the back garden near the Angel. They don’t eat the nature ones. They only go after the baby ones growing
      I found out today that they also ate the ornamental onion plant I grew from seed. They are not supposed to like onion plants!! It’s called Allisium, I think. It grows about 3 feet tall and gets a beautiful huge purple round flower on it. Look on the Q. They sell bulbs if those plants
      I will try making the pic smaller and see if I can do it. Lol
      Hope you have a good weekend!!
      Adele

• adele shanbar
      Participant

Gailster
      I’ll try to load a c with the elephant hosta.
      You are correct. Hostas grow anywhere and are hard to kill…… unless they are eaten!! Lol
      Adele

Attachments:
    • Colleen
      Participant

Hi All,
      Well today was a boring day. It was one of those days that there just was nothing going on. They were not having any shows going on or auctions r anything like that. It is not a good time of the year for anything to be going on.
      There is supposed to be a new shot out now for covid. It is supposed to take care of all the different types. Especially this new type. I think it is like taking prednisone for so many days. I sure hop that we do not have to take these pills now.
      Gail, Ron still does not have the car port done. He will have to go pick up Kylie and have her help. I hope that he gets it done before it gets really hot again. Thank-you for the prayers for Brook. She does need a lot of help to see what this guy is like. Grayson is really growing up. He is getting so heavy that he is hard to pick up. he does not get upset if I do not pick him up he will wait until I sit down and crawl up in my chair. If I am standing I have to bend at the knees and pick him up like you would pick up a heavy box. He is just really solid.
      Adele, I saw the picture of your hostas. They are really pretty. How are all your family doing? We are doing ok here. I have not seen Aliza and Owen for awhile. I was hoping that they would come and visit this week-end but it might have been Owen’s week-end with his dad. I really hate that he has to split his time with his dad and mom. That is how it is though. Old arthritis is hitting all of us. I get tired of having to fight with it. My hands are looking weird these days. They are all swollen an getting curved.
      Adele I do not think that you are going to have to worry abut alone. Your children are always coming in and out you have a loving family.
      DD, I hope that the smoke has cleared now and you can breath some fresh air. The candy corn reminds me of when we were kids. my grandma use to have them in a candy dish all the time. We always knew that it would be there when we came to visit. I like all the pictures that you post. This year if flying by. I cannot believe that Christmas is creeping up on us. Last year at this time I had a lot of gifts bought so I did not have to worry. This year I have only one for my youngest granddaughter. I only have six more grand kids to buy for and my kids.
      Colleen

• adele shanbar
      Participant

Hi Colleen
      You are lucky with Grayson. Santino does not come to me to pick him up. He does that with Pina. He does not see us enough to feel comfortable snuggling. He will hug and kiss us goodbye. That used to bother Heather a lot. I kept telling her it was normal because he lives downstairs from Pina and sees her almost every day
      The hosta are all gone. The bunnies got through the fence and ate all of them. Lol
      It’s hot and humid up here again
      Gary is very sick. Had him tested for covid yesterday. Camera back negative today. Thank God. I gave him one of my Claritin D’s so he can breathe. He feels awful. His hands are trembling. If he doesn’t get better in a couple of days we’ll call his doctor
      Hope you have a good Sunday!!
      I hope your kiddo come over to visit you again today!!
      Adele

• adele shanbar
      Participant

Hi Colleen
      You are lucky with Grayson. Santino does not come to me to pick him up. He does that with Pina. He does not see us enough to feel comfortable snuggling. He will hug and kiss us goodbye. That used to bother Heather a lot. I kept telling her it was normal because he lives downstairs from Pina and sees her almost every day
      The hosta are all gone. The bunnies got through the fence and ate all of them. Lol
      It’s hot and humid up here again
      Gary is very sick. Had him tested for covid yesterday. Camera back negative today. Thank God. I gave him one of my Claritin D’s so he can breathe. He feels awful. His hands are trembling. If he doesn’t get better in a couple of days we’ll call his doctor
      Hope you have a good Sunday!!
      I hope your kiddo come over to visit you again today!!
      Adele

• Gail Norusis
      Participant

Hi Everyone,
      Adele, I wonder why your post always posts twice now. This website does weird things now.
      I see that Quacker had a few new things last week. However, they still do a lot of 3/4 sleeves and I refuse to buy anymore of those. It’s either long or short from now on. I have so many of the 3/4 sleeves and i wear them the least it seems-so no more of those for me.
      I know what you mean about the glasses that have to be hand washed-I try to steer clear of that stuff too. Although there are certain things that i always hand wash but i don’t want to add to it.
      We are going to get hot and humid again too. Ick! You sure have had a lot of rain.
      Please call Gary’s doctor tomorrow if things have not changed. With all his issues it’s better to err on the side of being too cautious. I think if I had not gone to the doctor quickly the last time I was sick my bronchitis could have turned to pneumonia with the way that i was feeling. So be safe.
      Your poor hostas. I guess the bunnies like the new plants. I wonder what you can do to protect your plantings.
      Colleen, sometimes even if there are things going on but they are outside it’s too hot to go anyway-at least for me-I just can’t take being out in the heat anymore and get overheated so easily. You know it seems we have kind of gotten used to not going a lot of places after the last two years. We stay home a lot more now than we used to prepandemic. I guess we have gotten used to being home.
      I had not heard of a different shot or pills for the variants. I would be willing to take any more shots or any pills just to keep safe and to feel comfortable being in public.
      Grayson is getting really big now. It’s hard when we can no longer pick up the kids. I am lucky that even with my RA my hands are still in pretty good shape. That’s about the only part of me that is. lol
      DD-fall is coming I can see this bush right outside our window that turns bright red in fall is getting little touches of orange.
      The kids go back to school in less than two weeks. The governor came on TV last Friday and said they will have to wear masks because of the surges in variants. Poor kids-if more people would have gotten vaccinated maybe this wouldn’t be so.
      Summer has just flown by!
      Gail

Attachments:
    • adele shanbar
      Participant

Hey Gailster
      I know. Why are they posting twice?? At least I got a pic to post! Lol. Lol
      It’s so gross up here. It was not as hot because the sky as very overcast with polluted air from the fires The humidity as way up there!
      Bobby decided to bbq steak today. He made his famous rice and asparagus. Quite yummy
      Gary’s covid test is negative. Thank God. He sounds awful and feels worst. I want him to call the doctor tomorrow as his always goes into bronchitis.
      So, you know how I am always telling Tillie to come up for dinner? Today when I don’t want her to come up because of aGary, she is at the bottom of the stairs saying she’s ready to come up Go figure!
      I didn’t want her up here cause aIm afraid she will catch this. God help us all!!
      Hoping your day tomorrow will go better than mine…..
      Adele

• Gail Norusis
      Participant

Adele,
      Rice and asparagus? I would never have thought of putting those two together.
      I hope that Gary feels better soon.
      Isn’t that just how it goes. You want Tillie to come up and she doesn’t want to come-then you want her to stay down and away from Gary and she wants to come up. lol It’s always something.
      Rainy here this morning and going to be hot and humid the next several days. High heat indexes-stay inside time for me.
      The kids were at the fair this weekend. I know Piper showed a pig-don’t know if the others did anything. I will find out if they have any blue ribbons.
      That’s so weird that things post twice. It must depend on what operating system we are using or something.
      Sometimes it seems like computers just have a mind of their own or something.
      Gail

Attachments:
    • adele shanbar
      Participant

Hey Gailster!
      Lol. The asparagus was roasted on the grill, not cooked in the rice…. Lol
      Poor Tillie. She was all dressed. In her Quacker finery, and we didn’t let her upstairs!! She understood. Gif forbid she catches what Gary has at the age of 95. Nothing at that age can be deadly. I’m still worried she can get it because the morning before he knew he was sick he got her a coffee roll at Dunks
      Omg. She just called me to order the tree cardigan in red. Lol
      I hope Piper Leon a ribbon!
      It’s gross up here too. Hot and very humid
      Hope you find something to get today
      Adele

• adele shanbar
      Participant

Hey Gailster!
      Lol. The asparagus was roasted on the grill, not cooked in the rice…. Lol
      Poor Tillie. She was all dressed. In her Quacker finery, and we didn’t let her upstairs!! She understood. Gif forbid she catches what Gary has at the age of 95. Nothing at that age can be deadly. I’m still worried she can get it because the morning before he knew he was sick he got her a coffee roll at Dunks
      Omg. She just called me to order the tree cardigan in red. Lol
      I hope Piper Leon a ribbon!
      It’s gross up here too. Hot and very humid
      Hope you find something to get today
      Adele

• Colleen
      Participant

Hi Adele,
      Grayson just comes to me because I have cookies. He always eats when he is at my house also. I always send fruit home with him also. I have to laugh at him and the way he says apple. He really likes any type of fruit and we always have all types of fruit here. So find what food he likes and he will come to you every time. lol
      Bunnies are like deer. They can get into any fence and they eat everything. The one thing that amazed me about the deer is they will eat the roses. I thought the thorns would keep them from trying to eat them. I wish that there was a way to stop them.
      How is Gary doing? I hope that he is feeling better. Did he have to go to see the doctor? I have to go and see the eye doctor tomorrow and it is supposed to take two to three hours. I really hope that they are wrong on how much time it takes. I hate being in any doctors office for that long.
      We have not tried grilling asparagus but we do grill zucchini. Fresh vegetables are really good when you grill them. We do that a lot of times when we grill steaks or any type of meat. It is really good roasting it like that.
      Colleen

• Colleen
      Participant

Hi Gail,
      I have started wearing a hat when I go outside. It does not seem that hot. We went to the 4th of July festival and did okay in the heat. I am looking forward to the Memorial day festival. We always have a good time at that one. They always have a lot of different booths and a lot of interesting people there. I like the music there also. They have different types.
      Grayson is getting big. I cannot believe how big that he is getting. He is really a solid built little boy. I do not see how Brook can pick him up. The doctor told her not to pick him up as much but it is hard for her not to. He is still so young and likes to be held and cuddled.
      Are your grand kids ready to go back to school? Mine are not wanting to go back. Ethan and Kaylee are back in school already and I am not when Owen and Aliza go back. Danyielle was telling me all the thing that she had to get for Aliza for school supplies and it was ridiculous. She had to have five boxes of markers and 18 glue sticks and all types of things like that. I could not believe how much it cost her to buy supplies just for Aliza and she is in kindergarten. She said that it cost less for Owen the Aliza.
      Colleen

• adele shanbar
      Participant

Hey Colleen
      We live to grill asparagus snd red peppers. We also cut up potatoes and onion, put salt and pepper and some pats if butter over then, wrap them in aluminum foil and grill the packet on the bbq. Very yummy. You turn the package a few times til cooked
      That’s ok funny about Greyson! It’s like a puppy…. Feed them snd they will come. Lol. Lol. Santino likes cookies fruit snd any kind of vegetable. Once I gave him cucumber slices and he kept calling them cookies We were dying laughing!
      Gary is better. But last night he could not sleep snd I am exhausted this am. I am very happy he is getting better. I was afraid the covid test was wrong.
      It’s raining here again this am. Rained all night. Very humid. Yuck
      Hope your day is good!!
      Adele

• adele shanbar
      Participant

Colleen… forgot to say let us know what happens at the eye doctor
      Adele

• Dianne Danielson
      Participant

HI Ladies,
      I hope this finds everyone doing well. Sorry I haven’t been on here this week, not much going on.
      We’re under another heatwave, & air quality alert, from the wildfire smoke. It’s worse now than it was before. Not sure when it’s gonna get out of here. I think it’s supposed to get out of here Sunday or Monday, along with the heat! Can’t wait! I hope it’ll be the end of these awful heatwaves. We’re not used to it. We didn’t see 116F but it was close enough. Snowball is doing fine. If she started panting, I’d pack her up & head downstairs to the community room.
      Thanks for filling me in on the plants. From the sounds of it you’re gonna need to get older plants, that are more established. That’s ashame the bunnies got ahold of them. We don’t have that problem here. Too close to the city.
      Adele, I sent you an email with an attachment. I found an ad on Instagram for a Halloween tree of the Peanuts characters, It’s the Great Pumpkin Charlie Brown.
      How is Gary? Is he any better? I hope he’s better by now. How’s Tillie? Doing fine, I hope.
      Did you see the QF show this week? I got the bright orange long sleeve top with Happy Fall on the front. It was so pretty I couldn’t resist.
      We’re back on mandatory mask wearing again. The variant is out of control here, as everywhere else. I’m sticking close to home as much as possible. Only going to the store when necessary.
      Well, that’s about all for tonight.
      Stay safe, stay well, & stay cool.
      dd

Attachments:
    • adele shanbar
      Participant

Hi DD
      Everyone is ok up here accept Gary. He was tested twice for covid and after the results came back negative, the doctor finally gave him an antibiotic. Today is day three and he is feeling better
      I got your email…, thank you so much!!
      Tillie is good. I did not have her come upstairs until Gary was in the clear. I was afraid she would get sick. At her age any respiratory thing would be very scary
      Weather up here is awful. High heat and humidity. Totally gross. I have not even ordered groceries yet as everything would be room temp by the time it got here. With food so pricey, who wants to take a chance it will spoil?? I am doing my order early tomorrow am. The weather is supposed to break by tomorrow am
      I am dying for Fall. I have my Halloween little tree on the kitchen table already. Lol. I’ll attach a pic
      Marissa stopped by with Santino this am. He was so funny. God bless him, he’s such a pleasant little boy. He only tells when he’s hungry. Lol
      I hope your weather breaks soon.
      Hope your day is good. New movie on Hallmark tonight. Also Chesapeake Bay starts again on Sunday
      Luv u
      Adele

Attachments:
    • Dianne Danielson
      Participant

HI Ladies,
      Sorry this is late. I got to doing housework & forgot. Valerie has another TSV for harvest. She has lanterns, 20″. they look beautiful, but I no use for one. All day Sunday is Hello Fall, so everything is fall related. David has David’s Great Big Harvest show after ITKWD. I’m getting ready to take down my tropical stuff down. Some of the pics I put up on the walls, fell down during the night, so I guess it’s time to start taking it down. It won’t be done in one day. I’ll take my time for now.
      Adele, I know how it goes with the glasses. I put the glass ones away or donated em to Goodwill. I get the set of 4 plastic glasses at the Dollar tree. Cheap & unbreakable. Since I have to do dishes by hand it makes sense. Oh I was gonna let ya know, those throws from Hay & Harvest has on that looks alot like Boo fetti, with spider webs, jack o lanterns, bats & witches hats.
      It was a little cooler here today. It barely got to 90 F. It was alot cooler this morning when I got up. It sure felt good. I opened all the windows to let it in. The smoke is dissipating I think. The sky didn’t look as pink as it did before. And it looks like it’s thinning out more around here than further East & South of here. I could actually see the sun break through late this afternoon. As soon as the winds change over to the West, off the ocean the heat will leave & hopefully so will the smoke. And I hope the heatwaves will be gone for the year.
      I let everything pile up during the hottest days, so I have a mess to take care of. I did a sink full of dishes this afternoon. We don’t have dishwashers here as the plumbing isn’t set for dishwashers.
      I also found out in an article from the local newspaper that the housing agency, won’t install ac even though 2 people died during that first wave in June. Turns out I knew one of the ladies who died. it was a lengthy article, too. Actually over 100 people died here in Oregon during that first wave. We were not prepared for it!!
      Enjoy your Sunday.
      Stay safe, stay well, & stay cool.
      dd

Attachments:
    • adele shanbar
      Participant

Hi DD
      Thanks for telling me about Fall day! I’ll have the shows on all day. Lol
      I checked what I missed. I would have loved the boo fetti cloche!
      I’m waiting for our food shopping from Instacart. They have never been this busy. I waited on the food shopping until the weather broke because I was afraid the dairy and frozen would be melted by the time it got here. Well, I think the entire state of Mass. did the same thing bI ordered around 9:30, and at 1:12 they have not even assigned a shopper! It says delivery by 4:00 today. Lol
      It is in the low 80’s here today. Thank God!!
      That is awful about those people dying. Too bad someone does not sue the housing people for not allowing air conditioners. That is just cruel. If they got sued, I bet they would change their policies.
      They have small air conditioners that go into the room, with a vent to go out the window….. like a dryer vent. You nay be able to one of those yourself. At least you could be comfortable in your bedroom with one of those
      I hope you can find a solution to the heat!!!
      Hope your day is going well. We are both watching adage all day. Lol
      Adele

• Dianne Danielson
      Participant

Hi Ladies,
      Good news. I have blue skies tonight. I can see the mountains. that means the smoke is outta here for now. The skies East of here beyond the mountains are still hazy. We’re supposed to get some showers either tonight or tomorrow, that should clear the air.
      Adele, you would’ve gone through the roof if you had seen the sets for the Temptations set. It was decked out in the Boo fetti. the bats, cobwebs, etc. They had so much I even wanted some of it!! Maybe if I see it next month I’ll get something that’s cute.
      did you catch David’s show? Just about everything sold out. Same for Valerie’s things.
      Did your food ever show up? I think they have delivery here, but I haven’t checked it out. Unless or until I can;t walk I’ll keep walking to the store, unless there’s ice. But that’s a ways away.
      I’ll bet those families of those who were victims of the heat will sue the owners of this bldg. I saw that coming as I read the article. After seeing that article, I’m sure alot more people will get on board. Especially those who live here.
      Have a wonderful week.
      Stay safe, stay well, stay cool.
      dd

Attachments:
    • adele shanbar
      Participant

Hey DD
      We did the food shopping order at about 9:30 am, and it got delivered around 4:00 pm. We never waited that long. They must have been swamped.
      Today will be a nice day too. But tomorrow will start to be humid again Steph and family were herd yesterday. Steph snd Aizen did some gardening. Aizen loves to garden. I had him cutting off the dead blooms on the plants on the deck. He was so funny.
      I’ll attach a couple of pics from the hydrangea. Tree out back. It must really like that spot because it is the biggest snd fullest of all those trees
      I’m glad your weather has finally cleared This has been an awful summer. It’s horrible all those people in your building died. People should not die in their home fyom heat exhaustion!!
      Hope your weather stays goid
      Love the Fall pics
      I watched the shows on snd off. They had a lot of pretty decorations. I ordered a couple snd then changed my mind. I am really trying to downsize instead of add more. Lol
      Adele

Attachments:
    • Gail Norusis
      Participant

Hi Everyone,
      I hope that you are all doing well.
      The kids go back to school Wednesday-much too soon.
      DD can you have a window AC unit-or one of those portable ones that you vent like a dryer like Adele mentioned. It would be awful to be without in the high heat that you have been having. What do they have in the community room to keep that cool. I know many homes in the Pacific northwest don’t have AC but maybe they will have to reconsider with global warming and such.
      Adele, I am trying to down size my decorating too but I must admit I succumbed to buying a couple things this weekend. What I really wanted was those Temptations fiber optic candles-darn-they showed them at 2 in the morning and by the time I saw them they were long gone. It’s funny too because i check the new arrivals everyday but I totally missed those. i wonder if they showed up on one of the days that I was gone last week so that’s how I missed them. I keep checking back in case someone cancels their order but I bet people won’t. Remember several years back when fiber optic stuff was so popular and now it’s kind of disappeared from view.
      I am stubborn though and will keep looking. Last year i wanted this one Halloween wall flower from Bath and Body Works that showed a witch on the wall but found it too late and the only place you could get it was on the secondary market where people were charging an arm and a leg and I refuse to pay that much. so I knew they would have a new one this year as it was so popular so i started stalking the site in July-somehow I missed when it went on sale and by the time I saw it it was gone again-but i kept checking back and caught it on a day when they got a new shipment online so I was able to get it. The one this year projects bats-I like the one from last year better but I’ll take what I can get. lol
      So last week we went with Jenny and the kids to a place not far away in Wisconsin on the Rock River. So the place was an airbnb-the pictures were nice and it wasn’t a bad house and the write up said it had AC-but it didn’t say it had central Ac-we just assumed. Well we get there and we’re wondering why we can’t get the AC in the downstairs to work and we check and there is no outdoor unit-just two window units in each of the upstairs bedrooms-the two bedrooms down stairs and family room and kitchen had nothing. Needless to say Greg and I slept upstairs. lol Plus when we were there last week was when it was 90 plus degrees so the downstairs would get to be 85-we had fans running but they did nothing. So a couple hours after we get there it gets stormy sirens go off-there’s a tornado warning and the house has no basement-Jenny is deathly afraid of tornados so she was freaking out-but all was well. The following night it stormed like crazy again-and the next day there were tornado warnings but three counties away and she’s checking every two seconds to see whether it’s coming toward us. We’re trying to keep her calm saying there’s no use worrying until you have to but that’s easier said than done when someone has a phobia-I think she finally took a xanax. I hope she doesn’t make her kids so afraid. That last night there was a beautiful red sunset all in the sky and reflecting on the water-but photos just don’t show it right. Anyway-we had a good time-the river is not really for swimming but the kids enjoyed being on the kayacks and paddle boards. One day they all went to a water park type place. Greg enjoyed being able to take his fishing pole and go right out to the dock and fish. Piper asked why doesn’t he fish in our pond at home-i go because he doesn’t want to catch those fish-she said why-he could just throw them right back. lol
      Anyway, i think I have Jenny convinced now to come up north with me and Greg for week next year where we can rent a place on a lake where the kids can swim and Greg can fish-a nice clean lake. We were going to rent a pontoon boat one day but they were all taken and by the time they were available in the evening it was raining again. it was a little bit of a Griswald vacation-but we had fun anyway.
      Gail

Attachments:
    • Dianne Danielson
      Participant

Hi Ladies,
      Just a brief note. The winds have changed & the smoke is gone. The temps have dropped 10-15 degrees. We’re gonna be in the 70s & low 80s the rest of the week. We might actually get some rain drops overnight. Fingers crossed.
      Oh I must;ve misspoke. We didn’t lose 100 people here in the bldg. It was state wide, but we did lose 2 residents. Altho something doesn’t make sense. Now they’re saying this county saw no deaths due to the heat. How can that be if we lost 2 souls here in this bldg?? There’s gonna be a meeting tomorrow to honor the souls we’ve lost since 2020. they’re gonna have a little lunch to go along with it.
      I’m starting to take down my summer stuff. Putting my spring & summer flowers away till Jan or Feb. I
      pull em out after the holidays cuz it’s so dark & gloomy.
      Take care.
      dd

Attachments:
    • Colleen
      Participant

Hi Gail,
      Your trip sounds interesting. That is terrible that they did not tell you this place just had a window air conditioner and central air. I would be very disappointed and ready to go home. You really have to be careful when you book a place. The storm was really a surprise. Poor Jenny that is horrible to be that afraid of storms. I am so glad that you got her calmed down. That would be really nice if you can take the kids up north. They will really enjoy being in the cooler places and be able to swim.
      The meme about how it use to be when we were kids. I can remember having to be in the house when the street lights came on. I also remember the ice cream truck coming every evening and we would run to meet it and get an ice cream. My mom would not give us money every time but when she did we were really excited. Did you ever just lay around in the yard and look at the stars. We could do that or sit on the porch swing. We were all so care free and had such a good time. We did not want to sit inside and play on computers and cell phones. We did not have them to worry about. I wish that our kids could have had fun like that. Well my grand kids more then my kids.
      I did not order any of the Fall decorations or Halloween. I have a lot now and do not know what my kids will do with all of that. Maybe the two younger ones will want the things that I have because I know that my oldest does not want any of it. She does not put out a lot of decorations for any holiday.
      Colleen

• Colleen
      Participant

Hi DD,
      I am glad that the smoke is gone. It is about time it clears out. It is nice tat it has cooled down there also. You really had a lot of heat there. It is terrible that they do not have a way that you can have air conditioners in your apartments. It seems like they could have central air in the building. I hope losing those two people will get them to do something about getting central air. You need that air when it gets that hot. I am sorry about the two people that have died. Did you know them? That is just so sad.
      I really like all the houses that you posted. As hot as it has been the house with all the frozen trees and snow around it looks inviting. I could stay there for awhile. I hope that we have some really cold weather this winter maybe not all the ice though. All of the pictures that you post are so pretty. I love the ones with all the houses.
      I saw the lanterns that Valarie was selling. I really did not need them so I did not order them. I have three lanterns around the house so if the electric goes out we can at least turn them on. They give off enough light to see to get around the house.
      Colleen

• Colleen
      Participant

Hi Adele,
      My eye doctor visit was just fine. My vision has not changed and it is pretty good. So that is good news . I was really glad to hear that. I will not need glasses yet.
      How is Gary doing? I hope that Tillie is coming upstairs again. It was good that you did not have her come upstairs when Gary is sick. I understand how that is. We had to be really careful with mom because she could catch anything. It seems the older you get the easier it is to catch things like colds flu and any other thing that is going around.
      I like your Halloween tree. That is really pretty. I also like your pictures of the flowers .Are they snow balls? We have flowers like that on our snow ball bush. It is really pretty but th first hard rain we have most of the flowers fell off the bush. It happens like that every year.
      Grayson learned a new word chicken bone. He says it over and over again. We have no trouble understanding him when he says that. He just laughs and thinks he is funny. He is finally saying luv you. He told me that the other day when we stopped and got him cookies and ice cream to take home with him. He was really happy. That is funny that Santino thinks cucumbers are cookies. He sounds really cute.
      Well that is about all from here. I have been having trouble getting on this site again. So if I do not write for awhile it is one of those times when I cannot get on here. Have a great night and stay safe.
      Colleen

• adele shanbar
      Participant

Omg Gailster……
      Tornado warnings would have put me over the edge too!!! Add no sir downstairs snd I wound have been gone the next day…. Lol
      I do the same thing with shopping for what I want snd missed. Sometimes you get lucky and find it
      We had the boys the night before. They stayed all day yesterday. It was so nice to have them here.
      Tomorrow is Heather’s birthday. I think it’s going to be ok. It doesn’t feel as bad as the anniversary of her death. Go figure!
      Hope your day goes well. Totally enjoyed the stories of your vaca with Jenny!!!
      Adele

• adele shanbar
      Participant

Omg Gailster……
      Tornado warnings would have put me over the edge too!!! Add no sir downstairs snd I wound have been gone the next day…. Lol
      I do the same thing with shopping for what I want snd missed. Sometimes you get lucky and find it
      We had the boys the night before. They stayed all day yesterday. It was so nice to have them here.
      Tomorrow is Heather’s birthday. I think it’s going to be ok. It doesn’t feel as bad as the anniversary of her death. Go figure!
      Hope your day goes well. Totally enjoyed the stories of your vaca with Jenny!!!
      Adele

• adele shanbar
      Participant

Hey DD
      I bet it’s how they are counting the deaths. Wonder if they are saying heart attack instead of heat exhaustion
      Still, it’s awful Covering it up doesn’t help. I hope you can get some answers st the meeting in your building
      So glad your weather is better!! It’s hope for more Fall weather. We have all had it with the heat
      Hope your day is good!!
      Adele

• adele shanbar
      Participant

Hi Colleen
      So glad your eyes are good! I live great news
      We go to the dentist tomorrow for a cleaning. I hope nothing stops it as I need a cleaning
      Your baby is hysterical. I get such a kick out if them. Santino calls everything you give him a cookie. It’s so funny!!
      Gary is better but still not great. This us taking a long time to disappear
      Tillie came up once over the weekend. That was good. We have to be so careful with her
      I’m surprised I have nut caught Gary’s bad cold.
      I feel like you do. Not sure if the grands will keep the decorations. I know Bobby won’t!!!
      Hope your day is good
      Adele

• Colleen
      Participant

Hi Adele,
      I am glad to hear that Gary is feeling better. Colds sometimes take a long time to go away. I hope that he takes care of himself and does not do anything to make it worse. If he is like Ron he will not take care of himself.
      Baby’s are funny. It is really funny that Santino calls everything a cookie. I wish Grayson would we could fake him out if we do not have cookies we could fool him with something else.
      It is good that Tillie came up. She does not sit in her room all the time. She needs to be around the family and enjoy herself. It has to be hard when you get that age.
      Colleen

• adele shanbar
      Participant

Hi Colleen
      Everyone was here yesterday and I made dinner. It was Heather’s birthday. Marissa was making a snack for Santino and she got a zucchini out of the fridge to cut up. He started yelling ….. cookie, cookie! It was so funny. He loves raw zucchini and other veggies. He eats anything and that is so unusual for a little guy
      Gary is still coughing. I may have him call dr again tomorrow. Thank hat ought to be funny
      We’re getting the remnants of that hurricane. Two of them. One today and one on Sunday.
      I hope your weather is better than ours!!
      I’m so done with this summer I have started to put out some of my boo fetti in the kitchen. Lol
      Hope you have a good day
      Adele

• Dianne Danielson
      Participant

Hi Ladies,
      I hope everyone is okay. I’m seeing all those terrible storms across the county, but I’m not sure where everyone lives. I see Tenn. is under water & there’s alot of deaths from it. If you’re able to please let me know if you’re okay.
      We’ve been having a taste of fall the past few days. Cooler temps, lots of clouds, & a tiny bit of rain. Not a whole lot, just enough to get the streets wet for a little while. Hopefully it’ll help the firefighters get a handle on the fires. It was supposed to be in the upper 80s/low 90s Monday & Tues, but it’s been pushed back to the weekend. It’s been a welcome relief from those unbearable temps we had in July.
      I just wish we could get some real rain. One storm would help so tremendously to put out those fires.
      (Wait for it), but with alot of rain would come mud/land slides, among other things. Can’t win for losing.
      the nights have been so chilly I had to pull out more blankets. I’m trying not to turn on the heat.
      Take care, stay safe, sending prayers for everyone.
      dd

Attachments:
    • Colleen
      Participant

H DD,
      We are doing ok here. It is just hot and dry here. We could use some rain but does not look like we are going to get any. It would be nice ti start to get the cooler weather. I really like all the fall pictures that you posted. They are all so pretty.
      You cannot win. It is either fires or mud slides. Here we get the tornadoes and thunder storms. We could use a nice slow and steady rain so it will soak into the ground. It will help with the grass and the flowers
      There hasn’t been much going on here. Just hot and humid and trying to stay cool. Have a great night and please stay safe.
      Colleen

• Gail Norusis
      Participant

Hi Everyone,
      DD we are safe here. I am in Illinois, Colleen is in Missouri and Adele is in Massachusetts-so she would be the one getting the remnants of the last hurricane. Barbara lived in Tennessee and Sue lived in Pennsylvania. Colleen and i would get the midwest weather. Although she is quite a bit south of me as we are up right on the Illinois border with Wisconsin.
      Not too much going on around here. The kids went back to school last Wednesday.
      Jenny got her first shot of the vaccine yesterday. Woohoo! So now both kids will be vaccinated as Brent got his first shot a few weeks back. They all tell me that i can stop nagging them now. lol (I guess it worked) lol Now if we could just get the grands vaccinated we could breathe a sign of relief. But the two younger ones don’t have a vaccine approved for them yet. Hopefully that will be coming in the next several months.
      Ha ha Adele, I wish I could convince myself that a slice of cucumber was a cookie. lol I would be a lot better off.
      You know I had that bronchitis about a month ago but I still have a little bit of a cough-it just seems to take longer to go away when we get older.
      Gail

Attachments:
    • adele shanbar
      Participant

Hi DD and everyone
      We are ok so far. There are tornado warnings in the middle of the state and the storms are moving this way later today.
      The hurricane was bad in early am. Torrential downpours and thunderstorms. Rest of the day was on and off rain. Not bad. Today it is moving past us again and to the north. At first it moved through us and to the left. Them today back again through the right. Very weird storm. It blasted the central and western part of Mass. we were mostly spared. Some towns around us got flooded.
      Marissa and family were safely home at noon. They missed the am rain and the rest of the day was not bad. It was Enzo’s birthday We will celebrate it another day. Lol
      Pina lost her best friend. She died of cancer. Pina is devastated. I sent her one of the crying Angel statues I got from the Q. But I had to get it from Amazon cause the Q was out of stock
      Tillie’s shirts came from the a Quacker show. She is thrilled. Lol. I got the one that said happy fall y’all
      I finished the second parrot eyeglass case and I am on to a butterfly coin case for Steph’s Aunt. She is her fathers sister. As a total surprise a while back, her Aunt moved in across the hall from her. They have begun to have a nice relationship. I am glad Especially since Heather died. Her birthday is early Ictober snd Steph asked if I would do an eyeglass case and coin case for her. Of course I said yes!! Lol
      Hope all of you are ok!!! Has anyone been watching Chesapeake Bay on Hallmark?
      We were spared from this past storm, snd as long as we don’t have a tornado warning in the next few hours I will count my blessings!!!
      Luv u guys
      Adele

• Dianne Danielson
      Participant

Hi Ladies,
      I’m relieved to hear you’re all okay. I hope there wasn’t alot of damage at your place Adele. I heard Mass. was in the bullseye of the the storm. I hope & pray there won’t be any tornadoes in your area.
      I pray that storm will head out to sea & dies! I got a chuckle when the little one said cookie, cookie for a slice of a veggie! Whatever works to get veggies in them. Wait till he figures out it isn’t a cookie.
      We had the coldest overnight temps since the end of May. We hit the 40s for an overnight temp. Kinda early for that low. When the sun goes down the temps drop like a rock. But by the weekend we’ll be back into the upper 80s. Summer’s not over just yet.
      How’s Gary? I hope his cough is better. If it was bronchitis or pneumonia it’ll linger for awhile. I know all too well. I had both as a kid & later on as an adult.
      Well, I can’t think of anything else for now.
      Take care, stay safe, stay well.
      dd

Attachments:
    • adele shanbar
      Participant

Hi DD
      It was dark snd gloomy all day. Every joint hurt. Even my jaw! Lol Then, later last night it thundered snd poured buckets again. The rain went on all night. Finally at around 9:00 the sun came out. I feel like I need sunglasses inside!! Lol
      My lawn looks so lush and green. It never looked that green. However the basil in the window boxes us all but dead. Turned yellow So did the parsley. Now we’re getting 90 degree heat and humidity rest of week
      Gary is much better but has a lingering annoying cough. Not a bad one, just a constant annoying one. Especially when he goes to lay down to sleep. Everyone says the cough stays forever
      The baby is hysterical. Everything is a cookie. He loves vegetables and fruit. He also lives choc chip cookies. Lol
      Thank God everyone is safe and nobody has any damage. The western part of Mass got it real bad. They had 3 tornados yesterday. Small ones, but still tornados. Lots of trees down. We were blessed but it’s only the start of hurricane season.
      Tonight is AGT. Woohaa!!
      Hope your day is good. Please send your weather this way!
      Adele

• Dianne Danielson
      Participant

Hi Adele,
      Boo fetti will be on the one hour show with Tara in one hour, 7:00 ET!
      I hope you see this in time.
      Dd

• adele shanbar
      Participant

Hey DD
      Thank God I saw this!!! Lol
      I got the Boo Fetti set of 3 bowls. I was too late for the pot holders! All gone!
      Did you get anything?
      Adele

• Dianne Danielson
      Participant

Hi Ladies,
      Adele, I’m glad you caught my notes to you about Boo fetti. Be sure to catch ITKWD Sunday. I heard hints of an hour of Temptations after the show. Also I thought I heard a hint about a TSV from temptations. It’s been quite awhile since they”ve had a temptations TSV. Be sure to check it out, you might find something you want. Like I said before in the email, Boo fetti isn’t going anywhere. Maybe the TSV has boofetti in it.
      Sounds like Gary needs to sleep with his head slightly elevated. I don’t know if you have one but one of those beds that go up & down would be a good thing. But if one isn’t in your budget, a couple good pillows would work. I’ve used 2 pillows for yrs. I can’t lay flat on my back, I have to sleep on my side.
      Do you realize Christmas is 4 months away? And we’re almost at the end of August!! My guess is from Sept. on it’s gonna be Christmas with fall & winter mixed in on the Q. From Oct. till mid Dec. will be wall to wall Christmas. Where does the time go??
      They’ve been talking upper 80s/low90s by the weekend but it keeps changing. Maybe it won’t come.
      We have a few clouds, along with some smoke from the fires again. Just enough to make the clouds have a pink cast. Nothing like a yr ago.
      take care
      dd

Attachments:
    • adele shanbar
      Participant

Hi DD
      If you didn’t tell me, I would have missed the show! Thank you so much
      I missed the boo fetti pot holders. They were gone in a minute. I had 3 in my cart for the girls snd before I could check out they were gone
      We do have a moveable bed. Gary has tried to put his head up a little, but it bothers his back and he has to put it back down to sleep. When I lift my head up it does not bother my back. Gary’s back issues are way different from mine He is very bent over and I am not
      Did you see AGT last night? I was surprised by the guy who did the noises. I did not think he would get through
      It is beyond gross here. About 100 extreme humidity and bad air quality. The kids were all here including the dog to use the pool for a little while. They did not stay out there long as it’s unbearable Marissa, Santino and dog Luna left to give him a nap. Baby was getting cranky. Steph and the boys stayed to wait for Amanda to get gone from work. They are all socializing. I’m glad. It’s nice to see them together.
      We are supposed to get a break in a couple of days from the weather. I’m so all set with the humidity
      I hope your weather stays nice!!!
      Adele

• Dianne Danielson
      Participant

Hi Ladies,
      I hope this finds everyone okay. I hear there’s possibly 3 storms brewing out in the Atlantic or Gulf of Mexico. I wish we could trade places for awhile. We’re having lovely weather compared to out there!! We’re not getting the 90 degrees like they were talking about. Low 80s which is fine with me. Fall weather next week. No more heatwaves in the near future. Yaaaaaay!
      It’s smoky tho, nothing like last yr. It’s more hazy. A good storm would clear it all out & help put the fires out. The fires could go on into Nov. they’re saying. Not above ground, but under the ground. Fire follows the root systems till there’s nothing left.
      Not much going on here, which is good.
      Be sure to check out ITKWD tomorrow. There’s gonna be quite abit of Temptations on & an hour after the show. Could be some Boofetti in there & holiday patterns. BTW, I haven’t seen some colors in a long time. Not sure if it’s cause of the situation we’re in or if she retired them. I didn’t see eggplant in any pattern, oceanfetti (my FAVE), all the spring/summer colors, lime, pink, tangerine, lt blue(floral lace), brown. I’m not crazy about gray or taupe. I;m probably in the minority there.
      Oregon’s rate of the variant is exceeding the original Covid-19 virus. I’m staying low & only going to the store when necessary.
      You all stay safe. I want to get the booster shot but I’ll have to wait till Nov. or Dec. if it’s 8 months between the original vac & the booster.
      take care, stay safe, stay well.
      dd

Attachments:
    • adele shanbar
      Participant

Hi DD
      I’ll be glued to the ITKWD show and temptations. Lol. Lol. Thank you for letting me know!!
      It got cooler here but was so gloomy all day long. We’re supposed to get some rain tomorrow, I think. Not sure cause we did not catch the news tonight. The hairdresser came at 6 and Steph and the boys were here too. Just to visit, as the boys get their hair cut on Tuesday.
      I got mine cut short. Shaved up the back and a little longer in front. I’m hoping my hair will stop falling out again!! It started a few weeks ago when we had all the trouble with the delivery vehicle. 😱. It seems when I get stressed my hair falls out.
      I hope your weather stays cool, and it rains hard enough to stop the fires. At is no way to live. Just awful for everyone.
      Love your beiautuful Fall pictures. Keep them coming!!!
      Have a good night. A new Hallmark movie is on tonight. Hope it’s a good one!
      Adele
      PS. Stay safe out there. This new variable is scary.

• Gail Norusis
      Participant

Starting new discussion for September. See you all there.

Viewing 63 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Share on Facebook
Facebook
Pin on Pinterest
Pinterest
Tweet about this on Twitter
Twitter
Email this to someone
email

Share this with a Smile
X Close
Watch QVC
top finds links QVC LIVE QVC PLUS QVC UK