Chit Chat September 20222022-09-01T16:18:22-04:00

Home Forums General Quacker Chatter Chit Chat September 2022

Viewing 23 reply threads
  • Author
      Participant

Hi Everyone,
      Any plans for Labor Day? Nothing going on here. Mostly I’ll be working on getting some house work done and then maybe starting to get out fall decorations.
      We won’t be able to see the kids this week as now Ricky got covid.
      Greg wasn’t feeling well either but he tested two days in a row and he was negative so he is okay. He is feeling better today and back to his outside chores.
      We did have to cancel a concert that we were supposed to go to last night. He said he would drop me off and I could go but I didn’t want to go by myself. It’s not as much fun.
      I hope we can go watch Piper cheer on Saturday. It’s outdoors so we should be okay going to watch.
      Adele, what cute decorations did you get this time. I’m looking for some cute Halloween solar stakes to put out by our gnome house.
      Gail

Attachments:
    • Colleen
      Participant

Hi Gail,
      We are going to the Labor Day picnic one day this week-end. We will meet Danyielle and her family there and walk around. I will challenge Owen to the dart game and see if I can beat him again. It probably will never happen again but it is fun. I guess this time Aliza will be old enough to throw darts also. We just have a good time.
      I am sorry to hear that Gregg was sick but am glad that it was not covid. We have all gotten the covid that was here. Ron and I did not catch it so we were lucky. Thank God!
      I hope that you get to go watch Piper cheer. It would be a shame to miss that. Owen is going to play foot ball this year and Aliza is going to dance school. Aliza is still going to music class also. Danyielle is hoping that she can find a class for Aliza that is closer to where they live. She is just playing the drums right now.
      Well that is all from here. Have a great night and stay safe. Have a great Labor Day week-end.
      Colleen

• adele shanbar
      Participant

Hey Colleen and Gailster
      Sorry Greg is sick. That’s awful that Jenny’s family is dealing with covid now that the kids are back in school. I hope nobody else gets it! Prayers sent
      I got the doorway things from Etsy and the skeletons from the Q
      We have no plans either. I was going to start to decorate and purge😱
      Marissa is sick. Waiting to hear if she needs to go for a strep test. Not covid. Thank
      I honk that’s all my news for now. Lol
      Happy decorations!!
      Adele

• Dianne Danielson
      Participant

HI Ladies,
      Boy, what a difference a day or so makes!! On the first day, we woke up to cloud cover looking like fall had arrived already! But they disappeared by afternoon but it wasn’t nearly as hot as it had been. And today we woke up to a heavier cloud cover, looking like we might get some sprinkles. It’s a big relief I have to say!! I’m hoping we’ve seen the last of the 90 degree days
      I’ve been putting out my fall decorations, slowly but surely. I got a ways to go yet. That’s my plans for the weekend. Nothing going on here.
      I hope everyone gets well & stays that way. No fun being sick!!
      Well, that’s all from out here. Happy September & Happy Labor Day weekend.
      dd

tnt

ping we’ve seen the last of the 90 days now!!
      I’ve started putting up my fall decor, but I have a ways to go yet. That’s all my plans for the weekend.
      I hope everyone gets well soon & stays that way.
      I

Attachments:
    • adele shanbar
      Participant

Gailster.
      How are the grands with covid doing? Anyone else get sick? Praying not!! Hoping their cases continue to be mild

Colleen
      How is the Fall cleaning coming??

DD
      You are ahead of me in decorations!! Go DD!!
      JJ us going to get some boxes out gif me tomorrow. I’m going to purge mire decorations, I hope. I saved some of Tillies, so I have to decide what to keep when they are all out

We’re getting rain tomorrow night into Tuesday. We need it bad!

Hoping everyone had a great Labor Day weekend Like DD, I will be decorating

Stay safe ladies I hope you all get some time to socialize with grands and friends.
      Luv u all!
      Adele

• Colleen
      Participant

Hi DD,
      That is good news about your weather. I am glad that it is cooling down. I heard that the heat wave has moved to California. Non of my family lives there any longer. One moved back to St. Louis and the other two live in Washington state. So do not have to worry about them being there. They have a lot of Fires there in hot weather.
      We have been getting some rain here. Not as much as they were predicting. I hope that we get some rain Sunday and Monday. We want to go to the Labor day picnic. It is all week-end might try and go there tomorrow if it is nice out.
      Hoe is Critt? Do you hear from him? I hope that you are feeling well and getting thru this hot weather without any problems. This weather is a real problem for a lot of people.
      Have a great night and stay safe.
      Colleen

• Colleen
      Participant

Hi Adele,
      Well is going. We have a lot to do still. We are trying to find to get things to put in the church auction. So we want to go thru all these rooms and get things together. We have a lot of things we need to get rid of.
      I need some prayers for my oldest sister. She has been really sick. It is partly because of her diabetes it is really high and it is hard to get it back down after it gets really high. Her daughter moved back to Missouri so she could be close to her mother and help her out. I told her that she can call on me any time she needs help. She is not well herself.
      I want to try and get some Halloween decorations out before Christine gets here. She is coming the 20th of September I can hardly wait to see her. It has been awhile. I hoe that she will be able to see well when she gets here.
      Well that is about all from here. Please take care and stay safe.
      Luv You
      Colleen

• adele shanbar
      Participant

Hi Colleen
      I hope you get all the things you want to sell at the church auction.
      I’m doing the same thing v trying to purge what we no longer use
      I didn’t know Christine was well enough to travel. That is great news!!! You’ll have to take some pics so we can see her too prayers have been answered! I love good news
      It is finally raining up here It will rain until tomorrow. We will get up to 2 inches of rain
      JJ got the Halloween boxes out if his bedroom I plan on going through those today. There are some still in my closet snd one other one. Little by little, I hope to get done. Lol
      Adele

• Colleen
      Participant

Hi Adele,
      Christine made plans to come here before she had all the problems. She had not had the eye surgery when she arranged all of this. She wants to get away from home for awhile. So that is why she is coming.
      Yea!!! I am so glad that you are getting some rain. It rained here today also. I hope you get enough rain to make up for all that you have lost. You must have felt really good to get all that rain.
      We just donate things to the auction and hope that it will make money for the church. They use the money to help people. So it goes for a good cause. They really help a lot of people.
      That is nice that JJ was there to help you get the Halloween things out. He is such a big help to you. It is nice to have the grands come over and stay and want to help.
      That is about all from here. Have a grat night and stay safe.
      Colleen

• adele shanbar
      Participant

Hi Colleen
      That’s too bad. I thought she was coming because she was much better. I hope she will have a good time even though she has so much going on with her health. That’s hard to travel when you don’t feel good. I’ll say an extra prayer that she has all good days while she is here
      That’s a nice reason to purge your house! Up here when I donate, I give yo the Salvation Army. They do a lot of good work. Plus they have a store where they sell the donations to people in need for very small prices. They are my go to donation for all the holidays
      JJ did a lot yesterday. He put the Annalee dolls up high for me and helped a lot. It felt good to get some decorations out.
      We didn’t get as much rain as the rest of the state, but we got some! It’s going to rain all day today too. So there is more hope. Some of the state got a lot, including flash floods!
      JJ has no school today because it’s Election Day.
      Hope you have a good day!! I’ll be making a boneless Turkey breast with a dry rub that comes out very yummy. It’s simple and good
      Adele

• Gail Norusis
      Participant

Hi Everyone,
      Colleen, I will pray for your sister.
      I didn’t realize that Christine was coming this year. You must be very excited. Is she coming alone or with her boyfriend. I can’t remember his name anymore. Maybe Stuart? I hope she will be well enough to travel and her eye sight will be improved. It’s so nice that she has you to visit too.
      Jeanne would have loved to have known that you made friends with someone from the U.K. all because of her clothes.
      Adele, glad you finally got rain. I hope it doesn’t rain too much and flood like it did in some places.
      JJ is a good helper. Well now Jenny got Covid-so I figure the two that are left will probably get it too. So we have stayed away from them for weeks now. We did go to see Piper at the football game. since it was homecoming the cheerleaders had a half time show so we really wanted to see that. However, we came home in the 4th quarter because it was so hot sitting out there that I was starting to get sick. I am such a delicate flower. lol
      Jenny’s SIL and her husband are coming to Boston this week to go to an Aerosmith concert. I can’t believe they are flying out there just for that. These young people! lol
      DD, I’m glad you got relief from the heat although I hear it is still hot in some parts of the west.
      We will be making some short trips over the next couple of months so I will be in and out here.
      Gail

Attachments:
    • Colleen
      Participant

Hi Adele,
      The salvation army is a goof group to give to. They really do good things for people. I would rather give to them the Good will. They charge the same price for the poor people as any other person that comes in there. Salvation Army is for the poor and they help when people need emergency help.
      I am glad that Christine is getting to come. For awhile it did not seem like she would. We just keep praying for her and that they have a safe journey.
      I was hoping that you would get a lot of rain. I hope you got more today. It seems like either we do not get enough or we get too much. I think that it was Texas that was getting a lot of rain and flooding.
      JJ is a really good worker. Sounds like he gets a lot done for you and that is great. What would do without our grands. Kylie is coming back this week-end to help me do more around here.
      Well that is all from here. Have a great night and stay safe.
      Colleen

• Colleen
      Participant

Hi Gail,
      Christine and Stewart are coming. We are hoping to do a lot of just sitting around and relaxing. She needs to just relax and get well. We will be glad to see them again. It has been awhile since we have seen them. She may never get to come again the way times are.
      I am sorry to hear that Jenny has covid now. It does seem to be going thru the whole family. I know it did that with my daughters family. All except Brook and the babies. We are done with it now and hope we do not get it in the family gain.
      How do the kids like school? Aliza had to come home from school one day because she had a really bad ear ache. The doctor put her on antibiotics and she is doing fine now. How does Kendall like high school? Owen really likes it. He is just upset that his girlfriend does not get to go school with him. She is still in middle school. I have to laugh.
      Not a whole lot going on here. We did not go to the labor day picnic. It rained so Danyielle did not come down . We will go next year. Hopefully it will not rain.
      Love the memes you posted. They are really funny. Have a great night and stay safe.
      Colleen
      Thank you for the prayers for my sister

• adele shanbar
      Participant

Hey Colleen
      I just found your messages in my junk file. I have no idea why they went into that file
      I hope Christine has a safe trip. Let me know when she us here I’m still praying for her and your sister!! Hoping they will both get better
      Tonight the kids will be here to celebrate Gary snd JJ’s birthday. I hope we have a lot of laughs
      Luv all you guys!!!!
      Adele

• Colleen
      Participant

Hi Adele,
      I will let you know when Christine is here. She leaves England the 21st of this month. I will be glad to see her and Stewart. The way times are going I am afraid that this will be the last time she will get to travel here.
      I hope that your birthday party went well for JJ and Gary. Your family always seem to have a good time when you get together. I hope that you order some food from a restaurant and not try to cook for everyone. That way you can enjoy yourself.
      I have not heard from my sister. She does not answer her phone. I will call her daughter tomorrow and see what is going on.
      Colleen

• adele shanbar
      Participant

Hi Colleen
      I’m sorry about your not being able to teach your duster. That awful when she is sick. You must be worried. I hope you can talk to your niece tomorrow.
      Everyone had a good time. We voted in where to order from, snd everyone picked ghe sane place! Lol. Lol
      Tomorrow is my favorite Dundat activity while I do needlepoint…. ITKWD. I hope he has some interesting gadgets on Or a lot if Halloween items
      Hope you have a good Sunday, and that Christine has a safe trip to the US
      Adele

• Dianne Danielson
      Participant

HI Ladies,
      I hope everyone is doing fine. Just thought I’d let y’all know I”m fine. I’ve been decorating for fall. Slow but sure. I’m not sure what your weather is but it sure feels like fall out here. Warm during the day, but when the sun goes down it sure gets chilly. It was down to the 50s last night.
      I’m gonna try to stay up to watch the Queen’s funeral tonight. I don’t have a recording device so that’s out.
      I don’t have much to talk about right now.
      take care, stay safe.
      dd

Attachments:
    • Colleen
      Participant

Hi Adele,
      Sorry I have not answered for awhile. We have been busy here. We have been cleaning and getting rid of a lot of things that we do not need any more. We have collected a lot of junk and have no place to put it.
      I did finally hear from my sister. She was not answering her phone because she did not recognize my cell phone number. So I called on the house phone and she answered. She is getting a lot of spam calls so she does not answer if she does not know who it is. It is probably better she does it that way. She is having trouble with her diabetes and that can cause all kinds of trouble.
      Christine will be here Wednesday. I cannot wait to see her. It has been a long time since they have been here. We always have a really good time when they are here.
      Not a lot going on here. Have a great night and be safe.
      Colleen

• Colleen
      Participant

Hi DD,
      I am glad to hear that your weather is cooling down. Are you still under a fire warning? I hope that you did get some rain. Our weather is cooling down also. It is nice to be able to take your time and get things done. I am usually i a rush to get things done and put out for the fall.
      It is so sad about the Queen. She was such a nice lady. I feel bad for the family. It will be nice when the whole thing is over it will be good for the little ones. This had been a long two weeks for the great grandchildren.
      Well that is about all from here. Thanks for posting the beautiful pictures it sure puts me in the mood for fall. Have a great night and stay safe.
      Colleen

• adele shanbar
      Participant

Hi DD
      The Queen’s services were on all day until about 1:00pm here. I put it in at 8 when I got up. It was a huge procession. Missed the church services But saw the second service at the burial site. So sad
      I am done with decorating for Halloween. I did not take out my Annalee witches. I decided I had enough out for this year. Lol.
      Santino loves pumpkins. Every time he is here, he gathers all my pumpkin decorations to line them up and play with them. It’s so funny. So, we got him a pumpkin costume for Halloween
      It was hot here yesterday, and now it’s 60. This weather is nuts! Supposed to rain later
      The new shows are starting tonight. I love the Neighborhood and Bob loves Abishola. I’m a huge sitcom fan. Lol
      Hope you get all your decorating done soon too
      Adele
      Ps. Attaching the meatloaf and roasted veggies from yesterday

Attachments:
    • adele shanbar
      Participant

Hi Colleen
      We all seem to accumulate things as the years go by. It’s a job in and of itself, just to purge the stuff we put aside!!As I purge, I see more BooFetti I can’t live without. Lol. I got the set of tongs, and the runner for the kitchen table. They had so much stuff this year. I sprang for the BooFetti covered dish. I had to sell a couple of old pieces on Ebay to make room for the new.
      I bet you are all excited about Wednesday. Give Christine a big hug from me. I hope you all have a great time
      Take care and don’t work too hard on your purging…. You’ll need your energy to have fun with Christine.
      Adele

• Gail Norusis
      Participant

Hi Everyone,
      DD glad things are cooled down there. Your pictures are so pretty.
      Colleen, I hope everything is ready for Christine. Say hi to her and you guys have a wonderful visit.
      Adele, I want to come and eat at your house. Everything looks delish!
      I know what you mean about the boofetti. it is just so darn cute. I must say I got side tracked on decorating and haven’t done much.Plus since i hurt my knee it’s hard for me to go up and down the basement steps to show Greg what i want brought up.
      We were supposed to go to my sister’s last week but Greg had been with the Paulist choir guys on Friday and we found out Monday that five had tested positive for covid and we were supposed to leave on Tuesday and come back Friday. So we had to cancel our trip because Greg was exposed. So that sucked. We talked to someone Saturday and a dozen people ended up testing positive. Plus I heard that a few that tested positive flew home and I’m assuming they were still positive when they flew out. So it just goes to show if you are traveling you can’t trust everyone else to be honest about their covid status. How self centered to do that! And these are not young people either.
      I watched the funeral but didn’t see the first church service as that was on before I got up. Such pomp and circumstance!
      The rest of the royal family will be exhausted by the time it’s all over.
      I like the sitcoms too.
      Adele, I think you have Disney plus so you can still watch DWTS. I think that starts tonight too.
      That went to Disney and Days of Our lives went to Peacock and not the free part and I refuse to pay more for all these things so I will just miss them.
      i was curious as to how Wayne Brady will do on dancing-he is so talented at many other things I’ll bet he’s good at dancing too.
      some of the people I don’t know. I hear Mark Ballas is back as a pro so I will miss him too. I always liked him as he is out of the box creative.
      The Bears lost to our rivals The packers last night so we are in mourning over here. lol
      Gail

Attachments:
    • adele shanbar
      Participant

Hey Gailster
      That’s awful that you missed the trip. I can’t believe how other people are. They are placing everyone at risk. You just never know who is next to you
      I purged some decorations. I decided not to take out my big box of witches. I will change it out every year. Lol.
      I will take some pics. I hope! Lol
      I just tried to set the tv to record DWTS. Didn’t work. All I can do is put it on “ my list”. I guess it’s different with the streaming venues. I’m going to hate this
      Our weather turned cooler today. I’m glad. I’ve had it with the heat and humidity.
      The kids are going apple picking next weekend. I’m hoping I’ll get some apples to make an apple crisp. Have not done one in over 2 years.
      Hope your day is going well
      Adele

• Gail Norusis
      Participant

Starting new page for October

Viewing 23 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Share on Facebook
Facebook
Pin on Pinterest
Pinterest
Tweet about this on Twitter
Twitter
Email this to someone
email

Share this with a Smile
X Close
Watch QVC
top finds links QVC LIVE QVC PLUS QVC UK