Chit-Chat May 20222022-05-01T14:42:22-04:00

Home Forums General Quacker Chatter Chit-Chat May 2022

Viewing 37 reply threads
  • Author
      Participant

Hi Everyone,
      I hope that you are having a good Sunday.
      We just can’t warm up here and having no sun doesn’t help.
      Yesterday evening we were in the basement for a tornado warning. It’s that time of year again.
      Colleen, I hope that you had an easy trip to Tennessee. You will miss Ethan. Is your daughter all done with her training now? I forgot what company that was for again.
      Adele, what is a Billie bun? You said your beef sandwich was on a billie bun which I have never heard of.
      Maybe JJ and Aizen can come and spend some time with you this summer when they are out of school.
      That would be nice.
      Piper was all excited Friday because they just had a practice for this Girl’s On the Run thing that she does and she came in first on the practice run.
      Then she was tired Friday night though. lol
      Today is Jenny’s 40th birthday. Where does the time go? My youngest is 40. Her girlfriend is doing this thing where people can send greetings to her. Greg and I recorded one while we were in the basement during the tornado warning yesterday. I don’t know if we will be able to look at all the other’s because it is on Instagram I think and neither of us are on that.
      Adele, it’s funny that you mentioned missing Barbara and Sue as the woman who runs the General Hospital thread over on the Q board mentioned Sue this past week although she doesn’t know her real name just the name she used on the Q-but I knew what Sue’s user name was over there.
      I think about them too and wonder how Barbara’s family is doing.
      DD I like the picture of the tropical island that you sent. Right now it seems like it will never warm up.
      If anyone has Showtime there is a program starting tonight about a TV shopping channel based on the Q. It’s a comedy. I have my DVR set to record.
      Gail

Attachments:
    • adele shanbar
      Participant

Hey Gailster
      What’s the name of the show on Showtime? I’ll record it! Lol
      Lol. It’s was supposed to be bulkie roll. I typed it here twice and it kept auto correcting to Billie roll.
      Lol
      Happy Mothers Day to everyone!!!

I got Tillie a bunch of new summer nightgowns for her birthday and Mothers Day. This year her birthday is Mothers Day. I can’t believe we will celebrate it in the nursing home! I am hoping Bobby can help me get into the Jeep. Gary wants to rent a wheelchair. I want to just buy one! We’re running out of time. The place we used to get health supplies went out of business over covid. We called a couple of other places and they were no help at all. They didn’t have enough experience to trust their recommendation. I’ll try to call my ortho doctor’s practice and see if someone there can help
      I’m looking for a wheelchair that is electric, holds chubby people comfortably, and is easy to fold up and transport. It wont do any good if Gary can’t lift it into the Jeep!
      Tell Jenny zHappy Birthday!!
      Congrats to Piper on coming in first!!!
      I love good news!!
      Have a good night
      Adele

• Gail Norusis
      Participant

Hi Adele,
      The show is called I Love That For You. The first episode was last night but I’ll bet they’ll repeat it. Or you can get it ON Demand.
      I copied it but haven’t watched yet.
      So what is a Billie roll anyway? lol
      I hope that you can figure a way to get to the nursing home. I hope you can find a motorized wheel chair that is light enough. I remember when I was using a wheelchair for my MIL it was hard lifting it into my trunk and I was much younger then. And that was not a motorized one.
      Anyway, where there’s a will there’s a way and I think it would be so good for you two to see each other in person.
      Tillie’s birthday is the day before Greg’s. His is the 9th. Both stubborn Taurus.’ lol
      Gail

• adele shanbar
      Participant

Hey Gailster
      We watched the trailer last night I found and records it, but only the trailer showed. Lol. I’ll try again today
      I hope we’ll be successful for Tillies birthday.
      It’s going to rain later today. It’s dreary and raw out there. Yuck. But, we need the run. I hope we’ll get enough to get rid of the pollen. I had to use my inhaler today, and I have not needed that in ages
      Hoping your weather is better than ours!!
      What are your plans for Mothers Day??
      🙏🏻👍♥️😱
      Adele

• Gail Norusis
      Participant

Hi Adele,
      Well we have rain again too. It will be cold and rainy again most of this week.
      I think we are going out to brunch on Mother’s Day. That will cover Mother’s Day and Greg’s birthday since his birthday will be Monday and that is golf league for him. He was finally able to get golf league in yesterday but said he didn’t play very well as he has had no chances to practice after not playing all winter. I just wish it would warm up as I am tired of wearing long sleeves, long pants and sox. lol
      So what is a billie bun anyway?
      Have you been doing any needlepoint lately? Do you ever shop on Etsy. I love shopping there for unusual hand made items.
      Gail

Attachments:
    • adele shanbar
      Participant

Hey Gailster!
      Lol. There is no Billie run. It’s supposed to be bulkie roll It’s a roll bigger than a burger roll
      I have not done any needlepoint. All my time is in calls and gathering documents for Insurance. Yesterday I had to get her voting registration from Town Hall, even though they gave her ss csrd snd citizen papers It’s ridiculous!
      Raining here too. Supposed to stop later today
      I can’t believe what is happening in this country. What is wrong with people? Between the gun incidents, insane politics, and covid you’re afraid to leave your street! God help us all
      We’re nit sure what we’re doing for Mothers Day. I will make Shepard’s pie. The nursing home made it yesterday snd Tillie said she likes mine better , so I told her I’d make some. I’ll get her favorite cake…. Strawberry shortcake
      Hope your weather gets better and Greg gets to golf more!
      Adele

• Colleen
      Participant

Hi All,
      We took Ethan home on Friday. We drove to their house and then drove right back home. We were going to Branson but I was so sick and sore that I couldn’t make the trip. I told Ron we are never doing that again. That was 14 hours in the car. That makes for a long day and night. We celebrated our anniversary yesterday so it seems that we have something going on all the time. We went to Red Lobster for dinner and that was about all. We went to Costco to pick up things we needed.
      It does not seem the same without Sue and Barbara on here. I wish one of Barbara’s kids would come on here and let us know what is going on with all of them. I would love to hear about her grandson. She was so proud of him and he is so cute. I am trying to remember how old he is. It was a shame that Sue and her brother were not closer. Maybe after he died she would have been closer to his wife or girlfriend.
      I hope you can find an electric wheelchair soon. They are really nice and then maybe you can get around more. It would be nice to go to the store also. You would just have more freedom. How is Tillie doing? I hope she is feeling better and eating better. The gifts you got her for her birthday and Mother’s day sound really nice. That is so nice that you are bringing Tillie food. It will help her to feel better. It sounds like the nursing home where she is at has good food for them.
      Danyielle is going to grill on mother’s day so we are supposed to go there for dinner. I do not know if Mandy and the girls will be coming or not. They may just spend the day or evening with their mom. She may have to work.
      We have been getting a lot of rain here also. I am really tired of the rain. It kept me up last night it was raining so hard. There was thunder and lightning so could not get on here.
      I cannot believe that the school year is almost over with. The kids here get out the 17th of May. So it will not be too much longer and the kids ill be out for the summer.
      Well that is about all from here. Hope all of you have a great day and stay safe.
      Colleen

• adele shanbar
      Participant

Hi Colleen
      Well, today Tillie is saying she wants me to get her that goat done man is walking around with on his arm She wants one with slits in front and a slit in back A beige one She kept trying to remember the brand. I named off a few snd said…. Quacker Factory? She told me Quacker does not have costs The poor thing still knows what Quacker sells when she hallucinates. She can’t get QVC on her TV. They have limited channels.
      It is so sad. When I hear her like that it makes me sick to my stomach The nurse said she has no idea where she got the idea someone is selling coats Dying is not easy. Nor is getting old easy.
      I’m glad you got back safely from taking Ethan home. Long trips are very stressful. Have you recovered from the trip?
      Sounds like you have a nice Mothers Day planned! I hope the weather cooperates!!
      Adele

• Colleen
      Participant

Hi Christine,
      I wonder where Tillie saw a coat. Maybe she just saw some thing that she thought was a coat. That is funny that she remembers that Quacker does not sell coat. She really likes Quacker though. It is a shame that she cannot get Quacker factory there. They should have more stations for the residents to watch. They need something to watch to keep them busy.
      I do not miss Ethan as much as I thought I would. I guess we have a lot of other things going on. Last Monday was our anniversary and we went to Red Lobster for dinner. Then we just came home and hung out for awhile. Then we have plans for the week-end and then we are thinking of going to Branson for a couple of days.
      Well that is about all from here. Have a good night and stay safe.
      Colleen

• adele shanbar
      Participant

Hi Colleen
      Tillie was definitely imagining the coats.
      Happy anniversary. I hope you have a good time in Branson. What will you do there? Anything special?
      Got call today saying they want to put Tillie in Hospice. I agreed. Told the kids. She has lost a lot of weight. Over 50 lbs. she stoped eating two days ago
      I really hope you have a great time. You both deserve it!!
      Happy Mothers Day!!
      Adele

• Colleen
      Participant

Hi Adele,
      Hospice is really good. They take such good care of their patients and make sure they are clean and comfortable. She should have a nurse with her whenever she needs them.
      We have not plans for Branson we are just going to go. We just want a break from everything, We went there for our 25th anniversary and planned on going there for our 50th but because of covid we did not go. So we are going for our 52nd. It will be something different to do.
      Do you have any plans for Mother’s Day? I hope that all your kids will come and spend some time with you. You need to have them with you this year. Even if you just ordered food so you do not have to cook. I hope that you will be able to video chat with Tillie.
      Well that is all from here. Have a good night and stay safe.
      HAPPY MOTHER”S DAY!
      Colleen

• Gail Norusis
      Participant

Happy Mother’s Day to all mothers whether they be people mothers or pet mothers. All women have mothered or mentored someone in some way. Women are the world’s backbone.
      Photos of my Mom and Greg’s Mom-me with my siblings-Greg with his sister.

Attachments:
    • Gail Norusis
      Participant

Ooops. Couldn’t get Greg’s picture to fit.

• adele shanbar
      Participant

Omg Gailster!
      That pic is adorable!!

Happy Mothers Day to everyone…. Human or animal
      Adele

• adele shanbar
      Participant

Hey Colleen
      I got to video chat withTillie. She looks awful. Worst than two days ago. Tom how she looks you would think she is not going to be around much longer
      I tried to send her flowers for her birthday and Mothers Day. I was too late and could only get a delivery Monday. So, I went through Instacart and tried to get roses. When they picked the order, all the roses in cases were gone. So the mince young kid got 2 orchids for me, and delivered them to nursing home. But, he ended up charging me 160.00 instead of 60.00 It was twice the price of the roses, instead of what he actually got. Another problem to resolve. I contacted Instacart but they have not fixed it yet. Why does everything have to become a problem? It is what it is.
      I hope you and Ron have a good time in Brandon. Wishing you a great Anniversary celebration!!!
      Adele

• Colleen
      Participant

Hi Adele,
      I am glad that you got to video chat with Tillie. Even if she did not look well it is good you talk to her and she got to talk to you. You both needed to see each other.
      The orchids must have been really pretty. I love orchids but not for $160.00. I hope they got that fixed right away. It does not seem like people ever get things right anymore. They just do not ay attention to what they are doing. Did you get to see them yet? I wondered if one of the kids went there and took a picture of them for you.
      We are not going to Branson until next week now. We were going to go this week but it is supposed to get really hot and then get cooler next week. So we may try again then.
      Well that is all from here. I am saying prayers for Tillie and for you. Please just take care of yourself.
      Have a good day and stay safe.
      Colleen

• Gail Norusis
      Participant

Hi Everyone,
      I hope Mother’s Day went well. We went out for a nice brunch and that was about it.
      Brent did call to wish me happy Mother’s Day and Greg happy birthday for today.
      Colleen, happy belated anniversary. I hope you get in a nice trip to Branson. I like going there. There is lots to do and see.
      Plus it’s pretty there even though I don’t like to drive in the mountains parts. lol That’s just me though.
      Do you ever go to any of the shows there? They have some pretty good singers there.
      Speaking of singers we are getting to the end of the Masked Singer. I wonder who will win?
      Adele, I hope you were able to get things straightened out with Insta cart. I’m glad the kids were able to go see Tillie.
      I have no idea where she got the idea about the coat. I know sometimes Greg’s mom would say she saw odd things and then we figured out it was from the macular degeneration.
      I send prayers for you and your family every night.
      We are going to have hot weather this week. it goes from cold straight to hot.
      Gail

• Colleen
      Participant

Hi Gail,
      That was a good picture of your mom and all of you kids. It is fun to look back right now. To remember all the good times we use to have when we were kids. It is fun to look back at the good times.
      Did you have a nice Mother’s Day? We went to Danyielle’s for dinner. They grilled and it was warm enough to sit outside It was a really nice day. One of the first we have had in awhile. The weather is so crazy.
      Well that is all from here. Have a great day and stay safe.
      Colleen

• adele shanbar
      Participant

Hey Gailster
      I finally got a message they are doing a credit.
      Tillie is in Hospice. They are adding more pain killers and putting her on an air mattress I am surprised every night when we don’t get the final dreaded call.
      Happy Birthday to Greg!!! Is he having his favorite birthday cake? Hope you two have a good day!
      Adele

• adele shanbar
      Participant

Hi Colleen
      I hope you get to go to Brnson soon, and the weather cooperates
      Video chat is the best thing about cell phones. It keeps you in touch during hard times
      They did finally give me a message about a credit
      I’m still waiting for checks to clear that I wrote to the nursing home so the application will be approved. This is just plain crazy
      I m so exhausted today. I think it’s emotional🙏🏻😱
      I hope your day goes well!
      Adele

• Gail Norusis
      Participant

Adele,
      I am sorry to hear things are not going well for Tillie.
      I know it just gets to a point where you are waiting for the call.
      I know you must be emotionally exhausted.
      All I can do is send hugs and prayers.
      Gail

Attachments:
    • Gail Norusis
      Participant

Hi Colleen,
      That was nice that you went to Danyielle’s. it seems like a while since you were there.
      Is Owen still racing?
      We went to brunch with Jenny and the kids.
      Our weather here went from chilly to down right hot.
      We are supposed to have storms tonight.
      I hope they are not bad ones.
      Greg was going to till and plant today but he has a hole in the rototiller tire and has had to go into town twice for parts to fix it so that has slowed him down.
      We are going to plant cilantro this year so with the tomatoes and hot peppers we can make our own pico de gallo which i love.
      I am also looking forward to corn on the cob but that will be awhile yet. We just picked our first asparagus.
      Gail

• adele shanbar
      Participant

Gailster
      I just did a long post and it disappeared! I just don’t have the energy to do it again
      That’s a comforting saying you posted thanks
      Hospice said it will be less than a week for Tillie. Had the girls day set to get their memory boards together
      Changing the funeral around a bit. Kids want a viewing a and some time
      Yesterday was a vetting emotional day with talking to Hospice people
      Adele

• Gail Norusis
      Participant

Hi Adele,
      This is a very sad time but at least everyone has a chance to say their goodbyes.
      Those nurses and hospice people know what they are talking about when it comes to end of life situations.
      I know it’s hard to think about now but just be glad for all the years that you did have with your mother.
      Nothing makes this goodbye easy but it helps to remember the good times.
      I hope your grandaughters will remember to give you love and support.
      Sending hugs across the miles.
      Gail

• adele shanbar
      Participant

Hey Gailster
      Thank you for the kind words. There is nit much that can be said at this point. It’s the same with any loved one at end if life. Thank God we have professionals who specialize in this difficult life situation and are kind to our loved ones
      Marissa and Bobby went today snd both of them had a hard time. As time goes in, I don’t think it will get any easier
      Please send prayers
      Adele

• Colleen
      Participant

Hi Adele,
      My heart goes out to you and the rest of the family. I hope that you can video chat with her a lot. I just pray that you find a way to go in person to see her but I know that it is hard to do. I am glad that you have this time with her. This time will be hard for you I know how you feel. I know what we went thru when my mom was going home to be with my dad. I know that she is better off but it is still hard. Just pray for strength.
      Luv You My Friend you are all in my prayers.
      Colleen

• adele shanbar
      Participant

Hi Colleen
      Thank you so much for being so supportive
      She was very agitated yesterday. They added addivan to help her calm down. Nurse said this is normal. Her body is dying and her brain is fighting it.
      This just plain sucks. Waiting for wheelchair to be delivered
      Adele

• Dianne Danielson
      Participant

My dearest Adele,
      I am so very sorry for your loss. Any passing of a loved one is beyond painful. I lost my mom in 1986 &
      I was crushed. You can’t prepare for the inevitable no matter how much you try. NO matter how bad the situation is, it’s always hard & painful. I’m not being very cheery, but I’m being honest.
      I’m sending lots of prayers, hugs, & lots of love.
      I was gonna wait to tell this story, but I think it’ll make you smile. Earlier today I was in the bathroom & my 4 legged shadow followed me, of course. She was getting a drink of water from the sink. I was sitting on the toilet when I felt a paw on my face. She was tapping my face with her paw, & she let out the sweetest little meeow while doing it!! As if to say “good morning,mommy”.
      Well, I’ll go for now.
      Again, my deepest condolences to you & your family.
      dd & Snowball

Attachments:
    • adele shanbar
      Participant

Thank you DD
      It did make me smile
      I woke up this am realizing my first thing to do is no longer necessary. To call the nursing home and see how she is She is flying with my father and daughter. No more pain or trapped in a tired body.
      But there is an awful pit in my stomach. The thing you miss the most is their voice. I gave her voice on two videos. I am grateful for that, but it may be too painful to play
      Luv u
      Adele

• Gail Norusis
      Participant

Remembering and thanking all who have served.

Attachments:
    • adele shanbar
      Participant

HAPPY MEMORIAL DAY

God bless all who now serve, snd all those who did
      We owe our freedom to each snd every one of you….. my Dad included

Please stay safe
      Adele

• Colleen
      Participant

Happy Memorial Day!
      I hope that everyone has a good day Monday. Just remember all the soldiers and all that have served.

Colleen

• adele shanbar
      Participant

Thank you Colleen
      Back at ya!
      Adele

• Dianne Danielson
      Participant

Hi Ladies,
      Don’t pass out or faint. Can you believe it’s the end of May already? Good grief this yr is flyyyyying by
      fast!!!
      I hope everyone had a good holiday weekend. It was damp & cool out here. We came off the wettest April ever, & it’s looking like May isn’t too far behind!! We FINALLY got out of the 50s/low 60s today. We actually hit 75! We should’ve been in the 70s weeks ago!
      Ok ladies, I have a question for ya. Do any of you have “floaters” in your eyes? I have one that’s driving me NUTS!! It’s like a strand of hair back there. I keep wanting to brush it aside, but being behind the eyeball I can’t!! So it’s driving me crazy!!
      I wish I had more, but I don’t. Nothing going on. Which is a good thing.
      dd

Attachments:
    • adele shanbar
      Participant

Hi DD
      Yes I get floaters. I get little dots that go by k cr in a great while. Small spots that play tricks in your eyes. Lol. I have once in a while had a small line. Isn’t aging fun??
      It was real hot here over the weekend. Today the temp dropped 30 degrees!!
      We’re getting some rain over next two days. The pollen up here is so bad the news showed haze That was actually green pollen in the air all over the state!! I swear I have never seen that before!
      I hope the next weekend us better for you. It is always so nice to see the sun shine and hear the birds sing.
      Our holiday was very quiet. Nobody wanted to come bear us because we were both sick. I am a little bit better because I had to take prednisone because I got s gout attack in the middle of that awful flu I swear, this was way worst than covid. Gary is still bad. He can’t stay awake. He keeps falling asleep He can’t keep his eyes open.
      I got Marissa snd Santino sick too. I felt awful. That’s why I stayed home for my mothers funeral. I didn’t went anyone to be sick because if me, and still 3 people got very sick. Marissa had the baby at the doctors three times snd she went twice. Thus flu was just awful. I’m on day 13, Today I hardly coughed. I can’t tell you how grateful I am not to be coughing all day and night.
      I hope this stays away from Oregon!!
      Have a good night. Tonight us Tillies favorite show. AGT. 🥲🥲🙏🏻🙏🏻

• Colleen
      Participant

Hi DD and Adele,
      I have floaters also. They are really aggravating but they are there. Mine do not bother me that much I guess I am use to them being there.
      Our weather has been really hot here. We went from cool weather to 90 degree weather. It was really hot here Monday so we did not do much. Ron grilled some pork steaks and brats and that was about it. It was just the two of us here so it was nice and quite.
      Adele I am sorry to hear that you are not feeling well. I have never heard of the flu that you have. It seems like there is a lot of things going on where you live. If that flu is going around you probably did not give it to Marissa Santino. They could have gotten it from anywhere. It is bad when you cough all the time. It gets tiresome and your throat gets sore.
      We have all been doing ok here. Thank God. I have not heard of any flu going around here or in St. Louis. Maybe it has not come our way. It can stay as far as I am concerned.
      DD I love all the pictures that you posted. Snowball looks so cut all curled up in that bowl.
      Have a great night and stay safe.
      Colleen

• adele shanbar
      Participant

Hi Colleen!
      I’m glad you all don’t have this awful flu going around. It was worst than covid!!
      I am feeling better. Gary is still struggling with breathing. He has the pulmonologist appointment next week
      It went from hot to very cool up here!! It’s supposed to rain. We need the rain. The pollen has been so bad it looks like smog. I have never seen it like this in my entire life!
      I hope your day goes well!!!
      Adele

• Gail Norusis
      Participant

starting new discussion page for June. See you all there.

Viewing 37 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Share on Facebook
Facebook
Pin on Pinterest
Pinterest
Tweet about this on Twitter
Twitter
Email this to someone
email

Share this with a Smile
X Close
Watch QVC
top finds links QVC LIVE QVC PLUS QVC UK