Chit Chat-March 20222022-03-02T17:41:36-05:00

Home Forums General Quacker Chatter Chit Chat-March 2022

Viewing 38 reply threads
  • Author
      Participant

Hi Everyone,
      DD, thank you for the prayer for the Ukraine. That was beautiful. Those people in that country are very brave.
      Adele, I hope there is good news from the doctor about Tillie. I know once the elderly are bedridden even for a few days it takes a lot of effort and PT to get them to be able to move again. I will be saying prayers. The fact that she wants to get back home is a good motivator.
      Colleen, don’t lose much more weight-that’s not good to lose too much either.
      It’s funny I was always small until I got older and then I gained so much weight that now I am plus sized. Losing it now seems like an insurmountable task.Of course the doctors always tell you to lose weight. I don’t feel like I eat an excessive amount but I am also not real active so I guess it’s a combination of the two.
      I just found out my SIL is in the hospital. She was throwing up and in pain. She has some kind of intestinal blockage and they were trying to treat it with rest and not have to do surgery. We have been texting back and forth the last couple days. Yesterday she was better and then she threw up again and when I texted her today I got no answer so I wonder if she had to have surgery after all or something. I am getting anxious to hear something now.
      We have been having a nice week. I think we got to 50 today. It’s supposed to be chillier tomorrow.
      Did everyone get their Mardi Gras beads yesterday by lifting their shirts. lol
      I can’t believe they were having a full fledged Mardi Gras this year. I don’t think I will ever feel comfortable in a crowd again.
      Of course everyone around here was looking for good Paczki yesterday. It’s funny my family is Polish and I never knew about Paczki until I was older. We always just called them Bismarcks growing up. I do love me a good jelly donut though. That’s probably why I’m plus sized. lol
      Gail

Attachments:
    • adele shanbar
      Participant

Hey Gailster
      I’m so sorry about your SIL. Praying there are good results for her. There are way too many people with hospital stays this month!!
      I finally made dinner tonight. We did roasted veggies snd I did something different. I did mozzarella stuffed inside my side of the meatloaf. It was very good. I’ll try to attach pics
      No. I did not get any beads today. But, then , none were offered! Lol. Lol
      Tillie walked to the bathroom in her room today, and stood up to get into her walker twice…. All with her PT people. Marissa was there visiting and said she finally feels she has a chance to come back home. We are all excited!!
      We’re getting snow showers again tonight. I hope we don’t get much
      I didn’t see the prayer DD posted! How did I miss that? I have been doing a Novena on line. It’s called Pray More Novenas. This one was for the people of Ukraine. I have been doing novenas with them for years.
      I pray Putin stops all this madness. If he doesn’t, I hope someone can intervene to stop him
      Hope you have a good night!
      Adele

Attachments:
    • Colleen
      Participant

Hi Gail,
      I am sorry to hear about your sil. I hope they find out soon what is wrong with her. I wonder if it is her appendix. I will be praying for her. I hope that they figure it out soon.
      I am trying to hold my weight now. This just happened I was not trying to lose that much weight. I would like to stay where I am because of my back and legs. I use to wear plus sizes until all this happened. So I have never really tried to lose so that made it different. It was really hard when I was trying. The only exercise that I have been getting is I peddle. It is not an exercise bike it is just the peddles that the doctor had me use during therapy. I do that for 45 minutes a day and that is about it. I cannot ride an exercise bike it hurts my back because I have to lean to reach the handlebars.
      If I went to a Mardi Gras they would give me beads to keep my shirt on. lol I did not celebrate Marde Gras this year. We did not even think about it. We have to take Ethan to the eye doctor tomorrow he is having trouble seeing the board at school.
      Well that is about all from here. It is just really boring around here. Have a great night and stay safe.
      Colleen

• Colleen
      Participant

Hi Adele,
      What good news about Tillie. I know that you feel so much better about things since you heard that. That is really good. She must really want to go home and be with you. That is really good news.
      The snow will not quit there. It was close to 80 today here. It will cool down tomorrow though. We are supposed to get rain here this week-end So we will see. We may have a few storms here also I sure hope that they are wrong about that.
      Putin needs to stop and leave those people alone. I read that some of the Russian troops gave up. They were young and did not have enough training. I sure hope that Putin will not do anything to those kids.
      Well that is all from here. Have a good night and stay safe. I will keep praying for Tillie.
      Colleen

• Gail Norusis
      Participant

Hi Adele,
      Your meatloaf with mozzarella sounds good.
      The prayer that DD posted was on last months thread.
      sometimes I think the world has gone mad.
      I’m glad Tillie has tried walking some. It sounds like she really wants to come back home which is a good thing.
      My SIL is back home. I am so confused as they really didn’t do anything for her as far as I know. They said adhesions were causing the blockage but they just don’t go away by themselves so what happens. Somehow I am missing some key piece of information.
      Brent is coming at the end of the month so I need to get busy and make the spare bedrooms usable. Right now I have all my crap spread all around in there so I will have a busy couple of weeks working my way through the mess.
      I’m sure they will want to go into the city too and I am not looking forward to that. I just don’t like crowded places anymore-but there is nothing much to do around here so they have to go other places to do things.
      I can’t believe little Santino is snow boarding. Nothing like starting them early.
      Is Amanda recovered from her trip? Did she take lots of pictures to show you?
      Gail

• Gail Norusis
      Participant

Hi Colleen,
      I remember when I was about in sixth grade I couldn’t see the board in school anymore if I sat in the back so that’s when they discovered I needed glasses. I can’t believe I’ve worn them most of my life. Of course I wore contacs too but have found in the last couple of years with staying home so much I have hardly been wearing them.
      I guess being thinner is easier on your back and legs so that’s good for you. But hard on the clothing budget.
      I know when my friend had to have her stomach removed it was a good thing she was heavier because she lost about a hundred pounds. What if something like that happened to someone who only weighed a hundred ponds to begin with. She had fun buying a new wardrobe.
      You really got warm. We are supposed to be 60 on Saturday. I am just enjoying the extra hours of sunlight.
      Gail

• Colleen
      Participant

Hi Gail,
      It is hard to do anything at school if you cannot see. So we took him today and he needs glasses. It is horrible to go that long without glasses. I wore glasses when I was a kid until I was about 60 something then I had the surgery and I did not need them any longer. It has been awhile since i have worn.
      them.
      I am glad that your sil is at home but I wish they would have figured out what happened. Is she still getting sick? I hope that is over with. She must have been miserable.
      It is cooler here now. This weather is hard to get use to. One day it is really warm and the next is cold. I was hoping it would stay warm now. We will have to see if it keeps getting warmer or if we have another cold wave.
      That is about all from here. Have a good night and stay safe.
      Colleen
      p.s. That is nice that Brent is coming home. I hope that you have a great time with them

• adele shanbar
      Participant

Hi Colleen!
      The news is as not as good as I thought about Tillie. Apparently she walked in the walker with two PT people on either side of her, directing her to walk. They feel she needs a lot of help to come home. Someone has to be with her 24/7 to help her get into the walker, and walk in it. Help her get into the toilette etc. Neither Gary, nor I are capable of assisting her, as we can barely walk ourselves.Especially with Gary’s heart problems. He is still breatheless when he walks to the bathroom
      I feel terrible about this. If I did not arthritic issues ( I’m in a walker myself) we would be able to take her home. Please keep praying that she does make it back to where she was. We will have another conference in two weeks, and her goal may change. I am praying it does not. ButTillieis giving up. She keeps saying she is tired, and all she wants to do is lay in bed, and nap. She did a lot of napping here too, but in her recliner
      How did the new glasses and shoes work out for your grandson?? Hope he is thrilled, and able to see everything
      Hope your weather is better this weekend!!!
      Adele

• adele shanbar
      Participant

Hey Gailster
      Please read the post to Colleen for all the info. Too much to write again. Lol
      They take Santino everywhere. I swear he will be the best socialized kid in Town He is not afraid of anything
      Steph was at the case conference yesterday with Tillie. She FaceTimed me after it was done so I could see Tillies face
      That’s great news that Brent and his girlfriend are coming at end of month. You will love him being around!! And you will miss him when he’s gone again!
      It’s freezing up here. It will get warmer tomorrow. It’s been cold and warm on and off. I swear we will all get sick
      Thanks for the compliment on the meatloaf. I just had an idea with the mozzarella and did it. I think next time I will break it into smaller pieces because as soon as you cut the meatloaf, the cheese got cold and harder. But it was still very good
      Hope you have a good weekend!
      Adele

• Colleen
      Participant

Hi Adele,
      That is still good news if she walked with PT. At least she is walking which is more then she was doing. After she gets her confidence built up again she will walk. on her own. It will just be awhile til she gets her courage up and she will walk on her own. Just keep encouraging her.
      You should not feel bad about not being able to help her. It happens to all of us. We could not take care of my mom if she would have come home from the hospital. The only way is if we could ire a live in nurse to stay with her but that would have been too expensive and mom did not want us to do that. She talked to us about a lot of different things before she died.
      Well that is about all from here. Have a great night and stay safe.
      Colleen

• adele shanbar
      Participant

Hey Colleen
      You are correct. As we age it becomes very difficult to provide for our aging parents. It’s nerve wracking, to say the least. Tillie sounds like she is giving up. She keeps saying she is tired and I keep saying not to give up
      It’s very gloomy here today snd will start raining shortly. At least it’s too warm to snow
      Hope you are having a good day
      Also hope DD’s friend Critt is ok
      Adele

• Gail Norusis
      Participant

Hello Everyone,
      I agree with Colleen-please do not feel bad about not being able to help with your Mom.
      If our parents live long enough we all have to come to that point at some time. It’s kind of a double edged sword. My parents never lived long enough for that to be an issue-but when they do live longer(and that’s what we all want) then at some point we become physically unable to take care of them if they become bed ridden. That’s what happened with Greg’s Mom. things were fine when she could get along on her own but once mobility became a problem we were physically unable to adequately care for her so the decision is literally taken out of your hands as you just cannot provide the care that she needs. We all do the best that we can do with whatever abilities that we have.
      That’s nice that Santino gets to go everywhere. he will have lots of experiences. I love to see kids experience knew things.
      My SIL is back in the hospital. I can’t say that I am surprised as it seemed like they sent her home without anything being accomplished. So she must have started throwing up again. I’m waiting to hear more.
      it’s snowing here this morning. Big fluffy flakes. it goes from being 60 a few days ago to snow. That’s spring for you. I think next weekend we spring forward on the clocks. yeah! Love me more daylight.
      I was glad to hear that Critt is doing better too.
      Colleen, Ethan will be so surprised when he gets his glasses. I remember the first time all of a sudden I could see individual leaves when I looked at a tree instead of just a big green blob. It’s transforming.
      I wonder how the situation in Ukraine will all turn out. Why does the world always have to have some crazy dictator who wants world domination. Haven’t we learned any lessons from the past?
      Gail

• adele shanbar
      Participant

Hey Gailster
      Thank you for the comforting words
      I think every once in a while a Hitler is reborn and a threat to the world. No, people do not listen. # 45 has the same characteristics as Putin and Hitler and people are still supporting him
      I’m glad Ethan will soon have his glasses. I’ll bet he was getting headaches from the eye strain too. Great news!
      Sorry about your SIL. I will be praying she is able to find out what is wrong and get help for it!!!
      Our weather is nuts too. It was 67 yesterday and a ra
      In/ ice storm coming later today
      Hope your day goes well!!!
      Adele

• Gail Norusis
      Participant

Hello Everyone,
      Was out of commission for most of last week as I came down with a cold. I took a covid test so it was not that. Those free covid tests that we ordered from the government came in handy as I did not even have to leave home to get the test done like the last time. I sure don’t understand how I even got a cold as I had been nowhere but the dentist. Jenny’s and the quick mart (with no one else there but me and cashier) the previous week. And Jenny said they were all fine at her house. Anyway, we stayed home from Jenny’s on Friday as Greg thought he was getting a sniffle too and we didn’t want to get any of them sick. So for most of last week I spent in bed sleeping and trying to breath through a very stuffy nose. It was all in my head this time-no cough which I was grateful for and no fever which I was really grateful for. Those fevers really get me.
      We are supposed to have nice weather this week. Maybe the really cold days are behind us. I see that Easter is the 17th of April this year. That’s nice as maybe the weather will be springlike by then.
      I love that we turned the clocks forward so there will be more daylight. It just makes me happier.
      Chicago had their first big Saint Patricks day celebration in two years this weekend. It was really chilly for the parade like maybe 20 degrees. I know Jenny ran a Saint Patrick’s 5K in Rockford yesterday and she was chilled through.
      My SIL is home from the hospital. She may have to have surgery for those adhesions if she keeps on having problems with throwing up-so she is kind of on pins and needles seeing what will happen next. If she does have to have surgery she kind of would like to be back in Chicago for it-so we’ll see what happens. She said she lost 10 pounds and she is very thin-she can’t stand to lose more.
      My nephew is getting remarried in Brasil later this month. He’s new girlfriend is from Brasil. Everyone’s invited but I know we are not going. It seems like he just got divorced at the end of 2020 and it was not even his idea so after being broken hearted this seems kind of quick to me but what do I know.
      Adele, how is Tillie doing? I think about you guys all the time even when I don’t write for awhile.
      Jenny and Brent have not seen each other since he moved out several years back. Unfortunately they were never very close. Two very different people. Brent said his bio Dad who lives in Ohio is going to be in the area visiting relatives at the same time Brent is here so I don’t know if they are going to meet in person or not. We’ll see. I must say I am curious but it is not up to me. We are trying to plan a day where all of us Brent, Jenny me and Greg and families go to one of the waterpark/hotel places. Piper is excited to see her Uncle BooBoo as we call him as she has no memory of him.
      Well that’s about all from here. It will be interesting if we go to Jenny’s house how her dog Luke will react as he does not like men other than Ricky and Greg.
      Gail

Attachments:
    • adele shanbar
      Participant

Hey Gailster
      So sorry you were sick! Did you do the test twice? If it’s negative you wait a couple of days and then do a second One. Hoping you are still negative!
      We got a rain/ snow storm again yesterday. We’re getting blasted lately. Yuck
      Tillie is not so good. She is nit moving much. Hates to stay sitting up in a wheelchair and is not doing much PT because he aye everything hurts. We are all feeling less and less hopeful as days go by that she will come home. It’s very depressing. The girls and Bobby share the visitation. One person goes every day. Today is Amanda.
      I’m finally making the chicken wings that Tillie wanted. I had froze them when she got sick. Marissa is going tomorrow, and will take some to Tillie. I feel so guilty eating food at home when I know how much she hates the food there. This is not how I felt the rest of Tillies life would go
      We have been binge watching Grace and Frankie on Netflix. Have you seen the show? I love it.
      Hope you all have a good visit with Brent I hope he gets to spend some time with Jenny, and reconnect. It’s so important to have family. I hate that since Heather is gone, nobody comes to Sunday dinner anymore It seems the girls hate being here because it reminds them of their mother. I get it. But it still stinks.
      Hope you have a good day!!
      Luv. all of you! Hope DD and Colleen are good too
      Adele

• Gail Norusis
      Participant

Hi Adele,
      I am sorry to hear about Tillie but I know these things occur. When people get to a certain age sometimes every thing is so difficult for them.
      But please don’t feel guilty about enjoying your food at home.
      I think sometimes that when people are older their taste buds don’t quite work right and many things don’t taste right.
      None of this is your fault. You love your mother and have taken care of her for as long as you were able. Remember you are also considered elderly. At least on the medical charts or whatever. I know I am always taken aback when I realize that i am “elderly.”
      You know the girls are getting older and have a lot of other things going on in their lives too so that may be another reason that they do not come to dinner as often.
      Maybe you could try to ask them to set aside one Sunday every six weeks or something to all come to dinner. Maybe it would be easier to fit into their schedules. Remember you have been sick too and maybe a dinner every Sunday would be too much for you too.
      I know it’s hard to adjust to change but that’s what life is about. Things do not stay the same even though we may wish them to. I try to approach each stage as an adventure or a challenge. It doesn’t always work but I learned some wise words from Jeanne Bice and I always remember them-if you can’t change something-try to change the way you look at it. it kind of reminds me of the serenity prayer used in AA.
      Our weather is nicer this week-I will try to blow some of it your way.
      Hugs,
      Gail

Attachments:
    • adele shanbar
      Participant

Hey Gailster
      I think you succeeded. It was sunny and warmer today. It will be sunny tomorrow too. Thank you! Lol
      I don’t mind being called elderly. Not sure why. Its my badge of honor. I am now older than my Dad was THAT is amazing to me. My Mom snd Dad took care of me for 19 years. I have taken care of her for 34 years. That knocks me for a loop!
      It does make me sad that Tillie lived long enough for her only daughter to be too old to give her the care she now needs. What does that say about life?
      They want another meeting on Thursday of this week. They don’t think she can come home. I think she gave up. Gave her a little direct today about fighting, snd not giving up. I hope she tries harder tomorrow.
      Bobby thinks I need to accept reality thst she is not coming home. I hope he is wrong. I’ll know by Thursday
      How is your SIL?? Praying she is better!!
      Hope tomorrow is a good day too. We have had enough gloom
      Adele

• Gail Norusis
      Participant

Hi Adele,
      It’s funny I guess how differently we all think of ourselves. I guess if the elderly in the states were revered like the elderly in some of the Asian cultures I wouldn’t mind being elderly. But here once you are past a certain age you seem to be disregarded as worthless so I guess that’s why I don’t like to consider myself elderly. I feel like I still have plenty to offer the world. lol
      It’s not sad that you can’t give her the care she needs. It is no one’s fault and especially not yours. You have done the best you can for as long as you could and now it may be time for people more physically capable than you to take over.
      Maybe I understood this wrong but even in your home I thought you were not able to get up and down the stairs to be with her physically-so what if there was an emergency and you two were the only ones there? Truly you are now thinking with your heart and not with your head. There is nothing to feel guilty about. Your mother does not blame you for the current situation. I know these things are hard to accept but Bobby may be right.
      Are you physically unable to visit her in person yourself. It would be easier if you could at least do that.
      None of this is your fault. You have cared for her for many many years. Sometimes, even though we wish it were not so older people just get tired out.
      I am praying for your family. You and Gary also need to take care of each other. You are lucky to have Bobby and his help available to you too.
      Sending you lots of hugs,
      Gail

• adele shanbar
      Participant

Hey Gailster
      Thank you for the kind words. It not easy being elderly. Lol
      We have the stair lift here. But nobody likes the one on the first set of stairs. We did not realize the first set of stirs is not as wide as the second set. Your knees are an inch away from the wall, going up to the landing. There is no comfortable chair for me downstairs. Her kitchen chairs are padded, but the angle bothers my back. He living room has only two chairs. One is her recliner and the other a wing chair that is comfy. Unfortunately, it is full of Quacker Factory clothes stacked to almost the top of it. Lol
      She usually comes upstairs because that’s where everyone gathers. Plus she likes to look out the windows from up here. You see a lot more on the second floor. Her favorite place to sit is in the dining room, in front of the picture window. She used to sit there for hours. Reading her People magazine and watching people going by ….. mostly in their cars. Some Walk their dogs snd sometimes kids play in the circle with their bikes. She has not sat there since Thanksgiving. Then again, I got covid two weeks before Christmas. That kind of ruined everything
      I have not tried to get into my Jeep since I got out of the hospital. It was not a pleasant thing. I could not get into the Jeep and it took two hospital staff people to push me in. Then I could not get myself into the seat properly. My arms could not do it because of the bad shoulders. I really believe the only way I can get somewhere is to order one of those chair transports, and get a wheelchair. I have not looked into that yet. If Tillie stays in the nursing home permanently, I will have to
      I just ish she would come home. She has said so many times she did not want to go to a nursing home. It’s just awful that the shingles caused all of this. I have to accept it and move forward. There is no other way
      On the positive side, the sun is still shining! Yahoo!! I already have all the things for the Easter baskets. Lol.
      When is Brent aiming? How is your SIL?
      Have a good evening
      Adele

• Colleen
      Participant

Hi Gail,
      I am sorry to hear that you were sick. I hope that you are feeling better. I think that this weather is part of this. It is really cold one day and the next it is really warm. I just wish that spring would come and stay for awhile and not switch back to winter.
      I am glad that your sister is home. I hope she does not get sick again and have to have surgery. That is not good to have to go thru that. I know she must be miserable getting sick like that all the time.
      That is a long time for the kids not to see each other. They may appreciate each other more when they get together. I bet the kids will be excited to see him again. Do the older kids remember him? It has been a long time since they have seen him. They will be excited to see them also.
      That will be interesting to see Brent’s dad. I hope that he is a nice person and does not disappoint Brent. Sometimes those things do not work the way you think they will. I am not trying to be a downer about this. I just hope that he realizes all of that.
      Have a great night and stay safe.
      Colleen

• Colleen
      Participant

Hi Adele,
      I agree with Gail. You can not let this all get to you. I have worked in nursing homes and they will take good care of your mom. They will make sure that she gets out of bed every day and they will help her to walk. They will have a therapist there and an assistant to help her walk when the therapist cannot. You can only do so much and you have done all that. You give your mom love everyday and she knows that. It would be nice to for you to be able to go see her. I think that will help both of you. Can you participate in the meeting about what they have decided about your mom. I am sure if the kids will can get you on the phone and you can participate in the conference. It will make you feel better also. If they could face time with them that would be great.
      Is there any way Tillie can move upstairs. It would be nice if she could do that and you would not have to worry about the steps. Do not worry about taking care of her. It is hard at our age to take care of an elderly person. You are a good daughter and you have taken care of your mom for a lot of years. So you have no reason to feel bad.
      We are busy around here with my grandson here. I forgot what it is like to have a teenager living with you. They eat constantly and talk on the phone. I guess we were all like that when we were kids.
      Well that is all from here. Have a good night and stay safe. You and your mom are in my prayers.
      Luv Ya
      Colleen

• adele shanbar
      Participant

Hey Colleen
      Lol. Yes they eat and talk. It is funny. I get such a kick out of teenagers
      Tillie could come upstairs but the issue is she needs help to walk and get into the walker. She can’t even stand on her own without 2 people from PT being on either side of her. Neither Gary nor I have the strength to move her and get her up I lost all my strength because of my shoulders. I can’t even pick up my coffe cup with one arm. I use 2 hands to drink. It stinks
      Tillie gets moved to a permanent bed tomorrow. Today she is acting like she has completely given up. Refuses to get out of bed. She would not open her eyes to talk to anyone. Then they finally got her up, and she’s complaining she can’t sit up today. She does that everyday. She only wants to lay in bed. It is so frustrating. Her giving up has caused her to be a permanent resident.
      Yesterday Marissa took the baby with her to visit. When she left her sheep would not start. Her mechanic went to help her because he is Enzo’s friend. Her starter’s connections were rusty. It was quite a crazy day!!
      We’re getting rain and then snow or ice tonight. Then tomorrow it will be 70. Go figure!
      It’s awful what is happening in Ukraine. We donated through UNICEF to try to do something for those poor people. I can’t imagine having to live like that. This should not be happening in 2022
      Hope you have a good day
      Adele
      Ps. Thank you for the prayers

• Gail Norusis
      Participant

Hi Adele,
      You really are ahead of yourself. I have not even thought about Easter baskets yet. At least this year we should be able to get together on Easter-we have not for the past two years.
      It’s too bad it’s not easier for you to get back and forth to the nursing home. At least the idea that you could go and visit when you wanted would make you feel better. We were lucky as when Greg’s Mom was in the nursing home we could come and go all the time since it was just in town. I was even able to bring the dogs in to visit her.
      My SIL said she is doing better after getting the naso gastric tube even though she didn’t want to go that route it helped her. She is home and is feeling better.
      Brent will be here next weekend.
      Jenny said that Kendall is going to run track this year so that should be good. Jenny herself runs. I know they did a Saint Patricks run last weekend when it was so cold. We are losing our nice weather again for a few days. Maybe even rain changing to snow tonight.
      I had these little light up solar Christmas trees around our gnome house-they were cute. So I got some light up solar flowers for the spring and Greg just put them out. They were four in a package and amazingly all four worked. Greg and I always laugh about all the stuff from China and how maybe if you order four two will work. Although sometimes if I get something that doesn’t work he can fix it. It sure is handy having a husband who knows how to fix a lot of stuff.
      Gail

Attachments:
    • Gail Norusis
      Participant

Hi Colleen,
      Yes those teenagers do eat! It’s like a herd of locusts.
      Even at Jenny’s house with three kids sometimes she goes to the store and half of the stuff is eaten by the next day.
      I remember when the kids were growing up Brent had two friends who were really tall and big and Brent is not tall but he was built like a football player and sometimes we would take him and his two friends to an all you can eat place and you could see the owners start shaking as he knew he would not get his money’s worth with these three big guys eating. lol
      I am feeling better and my SIL is home and doing a lot better too. So that’s good.
      I don’t think the older kids remember Brent very well. It should be a good reunion.
      I think we will all have fun at the water park.
      I don’t think Brent will be disappointed if he goes to see his bio Dad.
      He doesn’t have any illusions or hasn’t romanticized his story. I think it’s more curiosity to see someone who might look like you and maybe to know your physical background. He idolizes Greg so in his heart that is his real Dad and he always tells us how much he appreciates us-so he knows who his “real” parents are. I think it’s healthy to get your curiosity satisfied so you can then see how things actually worked out for the best.
      How is your weather? Have you had any really warm days? I bet Ron will be tilling the garden soon.
      I’m looking forward to fresh asparagus maybe some time next month.
      Gail

Attachments:
    • adele shanbar
      Participant

Hi Gail and everyone
      Lousy weather here. Rain gloomy and dark
      I hope Brent has a good visit with his bio Dad. Nothing worst than being disappointed and having your feelings hurt. At least he will have you and Greg to come home to
      Also hope you all have a wonderful time with Brent next weekend
      I am very crazy getting all kinds of documents together for the nursing home. You can’t believe how much is required. All because Tillies insurance does not cover the nursing home. Medicare pays only 100 days
      Tillie seems to be giving up. All she does is sleep in bed and say she doesn’t feel good. She stopped eating and hardly eats anything. I keep telling her that is making her sick. It dies not look good. Today Bobby visits. They move her to a permanent room on Monday
      Hope your weekend goes well
      Love the funny pics
      Adele

• Colleen
      Participant

Hi Everybody,
      Things are still crazy here. Ethan has finally made a friend at school. He gave Ethan a ride home from school and later they hung out for awhile. They went over to Elija’s house and just hung out. I think that I like this kid. He is from N. Carolina so Ethan and him have a lot in common. They are both new at the school and do not have many friends.
      Adele, When I said that about Tillie being upstairs I was thinking with Bobby and the other grands being there you would have plenty of help. You could also have home health come in and help that way. I just did not make myself clear. I am sorry if I made you think other wise. I know that you cannot handle her by yourself and you should not try. Gary is not able either. I should have explained myself better then I did. My mom was home we stayed with her but there was three of us and we all helped and we had home health that came every day. They also had some one that came and gave her a shower. She could stand though so that makes a difference.
      Gail, I hope that you and Brent will have a good visit. It is good that he does not expect much so it will work out really good for him. It will be fun to watch the kids with Brent. It will be nice for him and Jenny to get together again. They may appreciate each other even more then they did before. It seems like we really change as we get older. It will be nice to go to the place you were talking about going to. My mind is going I forgot where as I was writing this. My brain is on a mini vacation.
      It was raining this evening. It is clear during the day and rains at night. Night before last we had wind and it was strong enough to blow trees over. The bus did not run yesterday morning because there was a tree across the road. Ron and I had to laugh. Some of the kids that lived on the other side of the fallen tree did not go to school. I can never remember that happening when we went to school. They seemed to always get us to school.
      That is about all from here. Have a great night and stay safe.
      Colleen

• adele shanbar
      Participant

Hey Colleen!
      No worries. I did not take that as a criticism!! I knew what you meant. But, the hospital made it very clear she needed two people to move her, even with her walker…. One is on each side. Then after two weeks in the short term rehab bed at the nursing home, they made it clear she is in no condition to be home at all. They said she was not cooperative with even sitting in a chair. She cries to go back to bed. It is both pitiful and makes me disgusted, because she would not cooperate with PT. The nurse actually told me today she is “ non compliant” with anything to get her moving.
      Now she has sores on the heels of her feet from laying in bed all the time. They tried to raise her feet, and put pillows under them to get her heels off the bed. Did not work.
      They are very nice at this home. They want her to meet with a therapist, in hopes of helping her to get better or adjust to life in a nursing home. I just wish she had or would cooperate with trying to move. The less she moves, the worst this will get. Everyone in the family feels there is no hope.
      I can’t imagine holidays with no Tillie here.
      I’m glad Ethan found a friend. All he needs is one good friend and he is set for life!!!
      Hope your weather stays good!!
      Luv u Colleen!!!

• adele shanbar
      Participant

Hey Colleen!
      No worries. I did not take that as a criticism!! I knew what you meant. But, the hospital made it very clear she needed two people to move her, even with her walker…. One is on each side. Then after two weeks in the short term rehab bed at the nursing home, they made it clear she is in no condition to be home at all. They said she was not cooperative with even sitting in a chair. She cries to go back to bed. It is both pitiful and makes me disgusted, because she would not cooperate with PT. The nurse actually told me today she is “ non compliant” with anything to get her moving.
      Now she has sores on the heels of her feet from laying in bed all the time. They tried to raise her feet, and put pillows under them to get her heels off the bed. Did not work.
      They are very nice at this home. They want her to meet with a therapist, in hopes of helping her to get better or adjust to life in a nursing home. I just wish she had or would cooperate with trying to move. The less she moves, the worst this will get. Everyone in the family feels there is no hope.
      I can’t imagine holidays with no Tillie here.
      I’m glad Ethan found a friend. All he needs is one good friend and he is set for life!!!
      Hope your weather stays good!!
      Luv u Colleen!!!

• Colleen
      Participant

Hi Adele,
      It is a shame that she is giving up. Does she suffer from depression? I wonder if they put her on some type of medication if it would help. I wonder if they ever have her go ahead a nd sit in a chair for awhile. It might help her if she had to sit up for awhile.
      Maybe she will find a reason to come home. Do you think because of the kids not coming over like they did it is why she is giving up. It is hard to get our mom’s to listen to us. They get something in their heads and they won’t change it. I really miss my mom.
      Well that is about all from here. I will be praying for Tillie and your family. I know that this has been hard on all of you. Have a good night and stay safe.
      Luv U Colleen

• Gail Norusis
      Participant

Hi Everyone,
      I will probably be mostly out of the loop the next week with Brent here. They’re supposed to get here by about nine tonight. Brent will be tired as he got off work came home and started driving here.
      I’m not sure what we have planned for the week. I know we are all going to Great Wolf Lodge later in the week. The kids should enjoy the water park.
      Colleen, you guys will be busy having a teenager in the house again. It will keep you young.
      Adele, I hope they are able to find some help for Tillie. I hope all your tests turn out good too. You have to stay healthy.
      DD, I hope things are well with you.
      It’s still going to be cold here so we will have to find indoor things to do.
      Gail

Attachments:
    • Gail Norusis
      Participant

Here is young me and old me.

Attachments:
    • Gail Norusis
      Participant

Funny the hair style is similar in both pictures although throughout my life I have had my hair very long to my butt and very short like a pixie.

• adele shanbar
      Participant

Beautiful young and old!
      Adele

• adele shanbar
      Participant

Thank you Colleen
      Tillie has been on a med for depression for years. They do get her up and in a recliner there. They used to put her in a wheelchair but she hated that. They had me get a neck pillow for her. Amanda brought it in today
      She hates to sit up, and won’t stay in the chair long
      I’m real bad today. All the stress finally got to my ulcer. Having a tough day. Went back to eat only crackers. Hoping it can stop it. I started taking the pill they gave me to coat the stomach again. I hope I can stop it from getting worst
      Hope all is well with you. Losing your Mom was awful and I’m sorry you had to go through that.
      Luv. Adele

• adele shanbar
      Participant

Hey Gailster
      Nobody came to take my blood. No idea what happened.
      Have a great time.
      Please read what I wrote and o Colleen!
      Luv u. Adele

• Colleen
      Participant

Hi Gail,
      You were a really pretty girl and look the same. You and Greg are a really attractive couple. You both look really happy together. It is good to see happy couples now days.
      I hope that you have a really good time with Brent and the all the family. I hope that his girlfriend and her son got to come also. You will all enjoy the Great Wolf Lodge.
      It has been cool here also. It is supposed to start raining here so that will not be good. Hope that the rain does not head up your way until Brent is gone so you can all enjoy yourselves.
      That is all from here. Have a great day and stay safe.
      Colleen

• Colleen
      Participant

Hi Adele,
      That is good that they have Tillie sitting in a recliner. She may start sitting for longer periods of time. Does she have a tv in her room? Sometimes that helps too. She can watch her favorite programs or just have control over something. It will also seem like home. You can take decorations to her room to make her feel more at home.
      I hope that your ulcer is better. It i really hard when your stomach hurt like that. Just take care of yourself and try not to worry about your mom too much. She will adjust or she will start to fight to go home and be with the family. Please just take care of yourself. Everything will work out.
      Luv Ya Colleen

• adele shanbar
      Participant

Hi Colleen
      She does have a tv but, has not been watching it much. She says she can’t see it. I have her signed up to see the eye doctor there
      My stomach is getting better. Thank God it is. I was afraid I would end up in the hospital again
      It’s cold up here. The sun is shining , and that is always good
      I got to see Santino yesterday. He was a scream. That kid has so much personality. He really brightens your day. It is always a good day when it is a Santino day! Lol
      Hope your day is good!
      Adele

• Gail Norusis
      Participant

I am starting a new April discussion. See you all there.

Viewing 38 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Share on Facebook
Facebook
Pin on Pinterest
Pinterest
Tweet about this on Twitter
Twitter
Email this to someone
email

Share this with a Smile
X Close
Watch QVC
top finds links QVC LIVE QVC PLUS QVC UK