Chit Chat-June 20222022-06-01T17:15:50-04:00

Home Forums General Quacker Chatter Chit Chat-June 2022

Viewing 47 reply threads
  • Author
      Participant

Hi Everyone,
      We had a quiet weekend too. Saw the kids Friday night and then just stayed home the rest of the weekend.
      We did some barbecuing too.
      Adele, why did I think you had bronchitis not flu. I can’t keep anything straight anymore.
      I hope this is your last sickness for a long long time. Also I hope Gary is better too.
      We got out second boosters last week and the day after I had a low grade temperature for a day and the next day I was all better.
      I like to think that proves that it is working. Don’t know if it was just coincidence or a side effect.
      Yup, I get floaters too. They only started maybe five years ago and were weird at first but now I am so used to them I don’t notice most of the time.
      another sign of old age as if we don’t have enough reminders.
      I loved the picture of the kitty in the dish drainer. lol
      This weekend is our first Milk Days in two years now since they skipped 2020 and 2021. It will be weird. I wonder if they will get the big crowds like they used to get. Thousands of people come to town for it. I know we are staying away from the parade. There’s no way I want to be around that many people anymore-even if it is outdoors. I’ve seen the parade enough years that i won’t miss it-although I will miss the cook outs and seeing people we don’t see often. Mostly the kids our kids went to school with who have moved away. Two years ago Piper was all set to enter the Milk Day princess contest but now that it has come back she no longer wants to. Oh well. We even had someone lined up to make her dress as they have to be made from crepe paper. Good thing it wasn’t already done and paid for when everything shut down.
      Watched AGT last night. i see Simon is wearing a cast as he had another bike accident. If I were him I would stay off the bikes.
      I hope we get to see some of the festivities from the UK. don’t know what will be televised. it’s not every day that someone has been on the throne for 75 years. I wonder if she will ever step down and let Charles take over. He’s my age so he’s already and old man. lol
      Does anyone do the puzzle wordle. I got started on it and then I got Greg hooked. Then I started on quordle and got him hooked on that. In fact I’m taking a break from my quordle right now to write this as I am stuck on the last word so I’m taking a break to clear my mind and hopefully go back with fresh eyes.
      We were very hot and now are supposed to be back to the seventies and sunny. Almost perfect weather.
      Gail

Attachments:
    • adele shanbar
      Participant

Hey Gailster
      Actually high are right. I got that awful flu going around and it caused bronchitis. I ended up with a gout attack from all the stress, snd the prednisone finally stopped the awful cough
      Shine we were sick last weekend, we binge watched Virgin River on Netflix. We loved it!

I am much better. Trying to get the back room back in order. Moving things I had squashed into corners because I didn’t want to give everything away when Heather died and Amanda moved in. I bought a new sofa table because I needs something in there to out lamps on, snd the shelf under fir the board games. It’s coming along. Bobby has to get the recliner and chair Tillie had in her bedroom up here. Then there will be 3 chairs in there lol. No couch cause I gave that away too! Lol

It poured here on and off all day. More rain tonight.

Gary goes to the pulmonologist next week. Thank God cause he still losing his breathe walking around the house. Please say a prayer

I remember Piper was going to be the Milk Queen and you had the dress maker all set!!’
      Maybe she’ll change her mind

I was looking forward to the stories snd pics!!!!
      Have a good night….. AGT made me sad. Was Tillies favorite show
      Adele

• Gail Norusis
      Participant

Hi Adele,
      Yes those memories of things that our mother’s loved are bittersweet. I remember after my Mom died I would read a good book and want to recommend it to her and then remember that I couldn’t. We shared a love of books and would share recommendations.
      I’m glad to hear that you are feeling better. You have had enough sickness for the next ten years so it’s time to stay healthy now.
      I will pray for Gary too. I hope things improve for him.
      Well it’s too late for Piper to go for princess this year as the princess has already been chosen. And after this she will be too old. Maybe when she’s in high school she will try for Queen. I know Kendall never will and I could never get Jenny to try even though some of her friends did.
      Right now Piper is excited about soft ball starting as she has been practicing her pitching skills this year.
      I think Lachlan has given up on little league. he was just never that into it. So we won’t be going to his games this year. it actually makes it a little easier since some years we would be going to baseball 3 or 4 nights a week. Kind of how it was when our own kids were little. I can remember sometimes driving into town four times a day back then for practices and games.
      So what is Virgin River? We don’t have Netflix. You know there’s a book series with the same name. I wonder if it is based on that.
      The kids will be going to the carnival on Friday so we will miss seeing them this week as i think they will be with their Dad after that.
      Speaking of which their Dad’s work is closing down so he will be out of a job. We’re hoping someone else will come in and buy the business and keep it going. It’s worrisome as the kids are on his insurance and also there is the child support. So say some prayers that he will be able to keep his job.
      We are having some perfect weather. Mid seventies low humidity. My cup of tea.
      Gail

• adele shanbar
      Participant

Hey Gailster
      So sorry about the kids’ Dad. It is awful to worry an out your income. Prayers sent!!
      Yes, Virgin River is done from the book series. It’s about a nurse practitioner to who moves there to escape the loss of her husband and one day old infant. Lots of characters, all with their own issues. Several sun-plots. Lol. Loved it! It comes back on in July
      I don’t do the whordle thing I looked at it once, and decided I had enough to figure out every day. Lol. Lol
      It’s cool and rainy up here. More like Fall weather!
      Hope your weather stays nice!!
      Please keep the prayers coming for Gary!!
      Adele
      PS. I just want my life to get back to normal, so I can get back to needlepoint…. And possible cooking!

• Colleen
      Participant

Hi Gail and Adele,
      Aliza went home tonight. She stayed with us for a couple of days. It is fun to have here here with us. I always like spending the time with her. She is so smart. She remembers everything. We took her to the candy store and to Wal-Mart and she wanted a lot of snack foods. Which of course we bought for her. She wanted to go see the great grands but we could not get in touch with them.
      Gail I am so sorry to hear that Adam might lose his job. That is terrible that they will not have insurance. I hope he can get another job quickly. It is a shame that Piper did not get her chance to be Princess I hope Kendall will get to be Queen when she is ols enough. It is a shame Lachlan will not get to play ball this year. Everything is getting so expensive we will none of us be able to do things.
      Adele I hope that Gary is feeling better. Did things go well for Gary at the doctor? How is Marissa and the baby is doing better. It is hard when the little ones get sick. I hope that you feel better now also. This has been a bad year for you and illness.
      Well that is about all from here. Have a good night and stay safe.
      Colleen

• Colleen
      Participant

I forgot to check the box to be notified about relies.

• adele shanbar
      Participant

Hi Colleen
      It has been a challenging year for sure. Who gets covid the flu and bronchitis in one year?? Lol.
      Marissa and baby are fine now. Thank you. They are coming this am to get the pool cover off with Pina and Talia too. I bought a Panera bagels for everyone. Lol
      I’m attaching a pic of the baby’s new outdoor truck. We put it together yesterday. Also the little memorial I did for my Mom in my bedroom. The Bible is her very old German Bible she brought to the US with her in 1948
      It sounds like you had a great time with your grands. They are so much fun. Marissa pops by a lot during the week and we love it!!
      Hope you have a good day
      Adele

Attachments:
    • Dianne Danielson
      Participant

Hi Ladies,
      This weekend looks more like March/April. It’s wet/soggy, & cold here. It’s depressing!! We just had a couple lovely days & of course the rain returns for the weekend. Arrrrrrrrrrrrg!!!
      Not much going on out here except for the nasty weather. I’m working on decorating for summer, but am having a difficult time.
      I have an old movie on the tube. Murder on the Nile from 1978. Granted it’s not that old. I just like the older movies.
      Adele, that’s a gorgeous lamp on the stand. Wow!! I’ll keep you guys in my prayers.
      Gail, I’ll keep you & your family in my prayers as well. What kind of work does Adam do? Is it a family owned business? A lot of small businesses here no longer exist due to the pandemic!!
      Well, that’s all for tonight.
      Take care, stay safe.
      dd

Attachments:
    • adele shanbar
      Participant

Hi DD
      I got that lamp on EBay. Tillie has a matching bowl and a couple of vases. I put them up here as I didn’t want to part with them. Then I saw this on EBay and made an offer. I figured it was a last gift to her for the memorial table. Every time I look at it, I think of how much she would have loved it.
      Look close at the pic. There is a tiny glass Christmas tree, snd an even tinier monkey holding a balloon. She loved monkeys. The dolls are one of a baker with her favorite cake…. Strawberry shortcake. The other is carrying lilacs. I put one in her coffin too. The Bible she brought with her from Germany. I wish she would have filled in the family tree, and important dates, but she did not. Oh well
      I hope it stops raining over there! We need the rain here. Everything outside is covered in green pollen!! Gross
      I started to do some needlepoint today. I need to finish the little purse for Bunny. Have not done any since Tillie was in the hospital
      We’ll be watching the game tonight. Go Celtics!!!
      Have a good night
      Adele

• Gail Norusis
      Participant

Hi Everyone,
      Well naturally it rained on Saturday during the parade and it was cold and rainy at night for the carnival. I’m glad the kids got to go on Friday.
      DD, thanks for the prayers. Adam has worked at the Dean’s factory for many years. It is not a family owned business. It used to be a large employer in this area. They used to bottle milk and pack ice cream-dairy related stuff. I don’t know if anyone else has Dean’s milk or ice cream or other dairy products in their area. This used to be a huge dairy area but now a lot of it has moved out to California. Many of Adam’s family members worked their also. His Dad was a superintendent in the company before he retired and his brother is the plant manager so if it closes his brother is also out of a job.
      Colleen, it sounds like you had fun with Aliza. Does she like to play with her niece and nephew. Is that what they would be since they are her cousins children. Or maybe that makes them 2nd or 3rd cousins. I can never figure out how those family relationships work.
      Lachlan really wasn’t interested in pursuing baseball this year. I think Jenny kind of made him the last couple of years but she has seen that he is truly not interested and not very good at it either so she figured at least he tried it and it just didn’t work out.
      Adele, did Gary go to the doctor yet?
      Glad to hear that you are back to needlepoint.
      That Bible is really large. I see the little duck in your vignette. It’s nice to have that little shrine to remember and even talk to if you are anything like me.
      I love the truck for Santino-what kid wouldn’t like that. I am glad that Marissa pops in and out during the week.
      Greg and I play wordle and quordle and compete to see who gets it in the least amount of tries.
      Did anyone see that program a couple weeks ago about Martha Stewart’s great American tag sale. The woman had three huge barn/storage buildings full of stuff. I can’t imagine what she ever thought she would do with it all. She said she had sold a house but this was more than the contents of a house. It’s like she was a high class hoarder. lol Plus the program was kind of boring. Martha Stewart is a challenging personality. She seems like she has a stick up her butt. lol
      Gail

Attachments:
    • Gail Norusis
      Participant

Who’s that handsome guy on the Jumbotron. It’s Greg.
      I just came across these pictures from when the chorale sang at Arlington Park race track several years ago.
      The race track is now closed.

Attachments:
    • adele shanbar
      Participant

Omg Gailster

That’s fabulous. You must have been so proud! I think that’s great. I love good news. Especially when it’s so positive. Makes the world have promise for tomorrow

Go Gail and Greg!!!!!!
      Adele🙏🏻🙏🏻♥️♥️👍👍🥰🥰😍😍😁😁

• adele shanbar
      Participant

Hey Gailster
      Gary goes to dr Thursday😱
      We’re getting ready for having people over for a little remember since for Tillie. It’s what we would have done after the funeral. It’s going to be catered so I won’t have to cook. Getting the food from where Bobby has lunch almost. every day in East Boston He said they gave the best chicken parm
      I didn’t get to see the Martha show.
      Marissa had a sad day yesterday. She popped by and was crying. The baby went to her snd hugged her and was saying….. mummy’s sad….
      I texted Enzo later and told him Marissa was having a tough day and needed more hugs. He said he’s got this. I told him how much Heather lived him and always said she never has to worry about Marissa because of him
      We’re coming up to Heathers anniversary, and I’m sure that’s part of it🥲🙏🏻
      You are right. It helps to have a little spot to chat to your loved ones 🙏🏻🙏🏻♥️♥️
      I got those tiny Patriotic Xmas trees yesterday. Santino lived them. He said…. Pretty pretty. He lives shiny lighted decorations like I do. Lol. Lol
      It’s a nice day up here today👍👍
      Adele

• Gail Norusis
      Participant

Hi Adele,
      I looked at those little patriotic trees but never ordered. I agree with Santino. I like things that light up too.
      Marissa sounds like she has picked a good one with Enzo. Plus he sounds like he comes with a wonderful extended family too.
      I hope Gary has a good check up.
      When are you having the get together for Tillie? I’m glad you are doing this at home since you didn’t get to do it at her funeral.
      It’s just good to see family and friends after a loss. It just seems to be a cleansing experience to gather and remember.
      I just ordered two patriotic solar stakes to put out by our little gnome house. I ordered them from Zulily. Have you ever used them?
      It takes a long time to get the stuff because of the way that they are set up so it’s not for something you need in a hurry. But I have gotten some decor and some tshirts and a few other things. They have pretty good prices. They are actually part of the Q family of businesses.
      What did we do before on line shopping. We had to spend hours actually going out to stores. lol
      Gail

• adele shanbar
      Participant

Hey Gailster
      Oh yes. We live Enzo snd his whole family!
      We are doing Tillie’s memorial on Saturday. It will be catered, so all I have nothing much to do as make it look nice. I have Red white blue tablecloths she paper dishes. You’ll be so proud of me….. plastic cups, and utensils. Lol. Lol
      I saved the pics Marissa did on the two white boards. I’ll put those somewhere out of the way in the house.
      The weather will be nice, so that will work out nicely too
      Gary goes to the dr in about an hour. I’m so glad this appointment is finally here. He still has a lot of trouble breathing. This has really limited his movements.
      I bought that whirligig with the cardinal on top of it, it has a solar glass center. I got it because Tillie loved cardinals.
      You know, I hear things on TV and almost pick up the phone to hear what she thinks of it every night when her favorite shows are on Those feelings take time to stop. I know she is watching with me. I wonder what she would have said about the gross guy on AGT!! Lol
      Did you see AGT?
      We’re having torrential rain and thunderstorms. They are almost over. Then the sun will come out. We need the rain, so, no complaints 😵‍💫
      I hope you have a good evening, and weekend!
      I’ve been retail therapying my grief away. I believe I now own every Isaac Mizrahi cardigan in my size that has long sleeves…. Plus a couple with 3/4 sleeves. Lol. Some for prices as low as 21.00, or so
      Adele

• Colleen
      Participant

Hi Ladies,
      Just wanted to let you know that I am still alive. I was sick for a few days but got over that and have just not been posting on here that often. We still do not have air conditioning. We waited for three weeks just to tell us they ordered the wrong part. So now we have to wait for this new part to come in. I hope it does not take as long as the last part did it is supposed to be in the upper 90’s next week.
      It takes awhile to get over that. I want to talk to my mom a lot and she is not there to talk to. It does get better and sometimes I talk to her even though she is not there. It still makes me feel better.
      Greg looks good in the jumbotron. Where were they singing at? Were you there? They sing so good it would be fun to hear them in person. Well that is about all from here. I have to read all the posts and find out what is going on.
      Have a great night and stay safe.
      Colleen

• adele shanbar
      Participant

Hi Colleen
      I’m glad you posted. We worry about each other. Did you test for covid? What was wrong
      ?
      We had the memorial get together for Tillie yesterday Everyone had a good time. It was nice to see our friends and neighbors. We did not get to bed until about 1:00am. Steph the longest and cleaned up for us. Then JJ wanted to go home, so they left around midnight
      I hope you get the air fixed. It’s awful with that heat coming yo be uncomfortable
      Hope I have a good day!
      Adeke

• Gail Norusis
      Participant

Hi Colleen,
      I’m glad that you are feeling better. I don’t like getting sick. I hope that you can get the air fixed soon.
      We are going to be dangerously hot a couple days this coming week. Please be careful.
      The picture was taken at Arlington Park Race track in Arlington heights Il. Unfortunately the track closed forever last year.
      I had been going there ever since my Dad would take me as a kid. Weird place to take a kid but I used to love going with him. He would let me pick the horses to bet on.
      Anyway-the Paulist Choir chorale used to sponsor a race every year and we would go to the millionaires club at the race and watch the races and have lunch there. The choir would sing a few songs before the race that they sponsored. Yes, I was there too but just not in any of those pictures. We usually went in early spring often on the day that the Preakness was run in Maryland. It used to be a fun outing but those days are gone now.
      Take care of yourself in the heat. Go to your daughter’s house if you need to to stay cool.
      Gail

• Gail Norusis
      Participant

Hi Adele,
      I am so proud of you, grasshopper! Paper plate, cups and silverware. Hooray!
      Why wear yourself out. This way you are free to enjoy your guests.
      It sounds like you had a successful gathering. I am so glad. It’s good to see family and friends.
      I did see the gross guy on AGT. I cover my head when those acts are on. lol
      I’m a firm believer in retail therapy. Isaac does have some pretty cardigans too. Did you get any Quacker ones?
      I have a tendency to over buy on the Quacker patriotic shirts. They have such pretty ones.
      Gail

• adele shanbar
      Participant

Hey Gailster
      I can’t watch those gross if dangerous acts! Lol
      Everyone had a good time yesterday. People took food home cause overbought. 6 people did nit shut,!of which two cancelled at the last minute. That made a difference in the food too
      It was nice to see my neighbors snd friends. I’m glad I did it. It gives some closure.
      Is everyone watching the Celtics tonight??
      I hit the Patriotic cardigan snd sweatshirt from Quacker a while ago. I live Isaac’s cardigans. He has been having some great sales….22.00!!
      Have a good Sunday
      Adele

• Colleen
      Participant

Hi Ladies,
      It is so hot here. The lowest temp in the house was 85 and we are burning up. It is 11pm but is still hot in here. We are sleeping in the living room because we can keep that room cool enough. If they do not come soon I do not know what we are going to do.
      adele the memorial for your mom was really nice. There is always some people that cancel at the last minute. I guess that things happen. I would rather have food left over then not have enough.
      Gail, that choir sings all over Illinois. You must be really proud of Greg. They sing for a lot of groups don’t they? They are a good group of guys. We have not been doing much of anything around here it is too hot.
      Have a good night and stay safe.
      Colleen

• adele shanbar
      Participant

Hello everyone
      Gary’s in the hospital. His blood work for lung dr showed a blood clot. Doing nuclear test to locate blood clot
      Prayers needed
      Adele

• Gail Norusis
      Participant

Sending prayers right now.

• Colleen
      Participant

I am sending prayers his way also. Take care of you also.

• Gail Norusis
      Participant

Colleen, I hope that you are okay in this heat with no AC.

• adele shanbar
      Participant

Good news girls!!!
      Prayers worked. He came home a couple of hours ago. He’s finishing up his shower to get that hospital smell off
      The scan showed low probability of a clot. So they sent him home. He sees his cardiologist on Friday. He is also our GP.
      He feels ok, but he is exhausted. He hardly slept. I think he will go out like a light and hope sleep a little later tomorrow am!!
      Prayers of thanks tonight!!
      I hope to stay awake for AGT!!! I need some laughs!!
      Adele

• Dianne Danielson
      Participant

HI Ladies,
      Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!!! I had a post all ready to send & it disappeared!! That drives me NUTS!!!
      It sounds like I need to send our weather out your way! While the rest of the country is baking, we’re damp & cool. We’ve been wet chilly for days now. We had a record breaking weekend with unrelenting rain! We had flood warnings in some of the rivers, creeks, & low lying areas. We’ve been in the 50s & 60s for days on end. We’re supposed to get up to the 70s the next couple of days, then back to damp & chilly for the weekend. We’re coming off the wettest spring on record & we still have next week. we should be closer to 80 by now. If I remember right we were in the throws of a heatwave last year, headed for the dreaded 116 degrees. I haven’t heard any skuttle butt about another one this summer. I know everyone is TIRED of the damp/chilly weather!!
      One good thing the wildfire season hasn’t started yet. It was in extreme fire danger this time last yr.
      Adele, I’m glad to hear Gary is home, feeling better, & I hope you as well.
      Are any of you watching the Jan. 6 hearings, well the first one anyway? It’s on too early for me with the time difference. I see & hear clips of the highlights on the news. Finally the truth is coming out! I doubt anything will come of it though.
      Well that’s all for tonight. Take care, stay well & stay safe.
      dd

Attachments:
    • adele shanbar
      Participant

Hi DD
      Always good to hear from you!!!!
      Thank you for the positive thoughts. We need them!
      I watched the first one. I was not able to catch the next one. I hope I’ll be able to see the next one. I hope people realize how dangerous this man is. Our freedom in this country is at risk with him and the insane people who follow him
      Adele
      Ps. Have a good day!!!

• Gail Norusis
      Participant

DD,
      Good to hear from you.
      We could use some of that rain this way. It’s pretty dry here. And hot.
      I won’t even go out in it.
      We were out when the hearings were on so we didn’t see them.
      I just hope something will happen where Trump can’t run again.
      it’s scary to think that people tried to overtake the capital and so little happened to them.
      This was an attempt at insurrection and I’m surprised that not more people were horrified by it.
      It seems like more people paid attention to the trial of Amber heard and Johnny Depp then they did to crazy people trying to overtake the country.
      that really says something about priorities in our society doesn’t it.
      Okay-off the soapbox-but I do worry about the future of this country.
      We seemed to have strayed from the idea of community and helping others to the idea of it’s all about me.
      Have a great day and stay safe.
      Gail

• Gail Norusis
      Participant

Colleen,
      How are you doing in the heat? Be careful.
      Well the guys don’t sing all over anymore as the choir has disbanded. That was an older picture that I just ran across.
      I am staying in out of the heat so we skipped the soft ball game last night. We will try going Thursday.
      Gail

• Gail Norusis
      Participant

Hi Adele,
      Glad to hear that Gary is home.
      How did you like AGT last night.
      I liked the autistic guys that sang imitations and the ventriloquist.
      I can’t believe that they passed through the little girl who sang in that loud scary voice. That’s not talent. Anyone could do that for heaven’s sake. Sometimes the judges are just dumb.
      Gail

• adele shanbar
      Participant

Hey Gailster!
      Stay cool out there….. you and Colleen!!
      I did watch AGT. Gary slept through the entire show. Then be
      I watch The First Ladies …. Had it recorded
      I hated that kids voice. It was gross. Hurt your ears. I can’t figure out how people think. Lol
      I also enjoyed the autistic boys. I did not like the two men with the knives. I hate those acts.
      The weather here is ok. Warm enough to have the air on, but not awful…..yet.
      Gary is ok, but tired. We did not get up until 9:00 today. Gary usually gets up at 8.
      I’m pooped today and joints aching. I had the 2ond booster yesterday. I’m having trouble keeping my eyes open. Lol. Not sure if it’s from the vaccine or the stress. Lol
      Have a good one!
      Hey…. Do you like The First Ladies show?? I think they will get awards for this show. Very good
      Adele

• Gail Norusis
      Participant

Hi Adele,
      I do not watch The First Ladies. I think it’s on showtime? it seems like we already watch too many shows that I can’t keep up with lol
      I hope you two are doing well this weekend and just resting and relaxing.
      Not seeing the kids tonight as Jenny is a bit under the weather. Had a negative covid test so that’s good.
      I told everyone to get their sicknesses over with before we vacation. lol
      it cooled down a little but will get hot again soon.
      Tried a new restaurant last night that I had been wanting to try for a bit-was not that good so we were disappointed.
      Not sure what dinner plans are for tonight since we aren’t going to jenny’s.
      Gail

• adele shanbar
      Participant

Hey Gailster….
      Thank you for the pretty e-card! It made me smile
      It’s been tough. Not just the loss of Tillie, but, Gary’s health. No blood clot was good and that he came home from the hospital in one day, also good. But, the hospital called the next day saying he had COPD. Not sure if I told you that. Then the following day, Frankie looks at the tires on the Jeep and says all 4 are dry rotted. Gary has an apt Monday for new tires….. best they could do as they are not in stock at the closest store

It’s to the point you just gave to laugh. Oh….. forgot this. The electrician is coming next week because the pool outlet burned out…. complete with sparks and fireworks!!

Every day I wait for the next calamity. Lol

Check out the pic of a bat caught on the security camera.

Hope you had a good dinner last night. That was a shame you did not enjoy your dinner. At the cost of today’s prices, it makes you disgusted if something was not as expected.

Hope you have a cooler weekend!! You have had way too much heat! We are having cool weather this weekend. More like Fall than Summer they are saying

Happy Father’s Day to Greg and Ron!!!!

Adele

Attachments:
    • Colleen
      Participant

Hi Ladies,
      We finally have air in the house. I never thought they were going to get the air conditioner fixed. They did not charge us for the part because it took them so long and they ordered the wrong part. He told Ron he appreciated us being so patient with them. It took 5 and 1/2 weeks to get it fixed. So of course it was cooler today.
      Adele things will get better. It does not seem like it but it will. I am sorry to hear that Gary has copd. They have medicine that will help him with that and help keep it under control. I cannot believe that you caught a bat on your camera.
      Gail it is such a disappointment when you go to a restaurant and the food is bad. Waste of money and a evening out. We have not found any new places to eat around here. I wish they would open a new place. We use to have a food truck that parked in Bismarck and we would go there and get food. They had to move because the place where they use to park was sold so they had to move and there was no place to park in town. It was really kind of disappointing.
      DD wish we had the rain you are getting. would come our way. It has been so hot here it is hard to do anything when it is so hot. We finally got our air fixed it was so hot in here it was hard to cook. So we ate a lot of to go orders. We did not want to heat up the house any more then what it was. That is over with so it should be a lot nicer now.
      Well that is all from here. Have a good night and stay cool and safe.
      Colleen

• adele shanbar
      Participant

Hi Colleen
      I hope things will change around. I hate to always be the bearer of bad news. I love good news!!
      Hope you had a great Fathers Day.
      So happy you finally got the air fixed. You’ll be all set for the rest of the summer
      I made brisket for Gary today in the crock pot. His son Tommy came by with our grandson TJ. They are with us too, which was nice.
      Bobby got Kanes donuts We only get them for a holiday now. Way overpriced!! But good. Lol
      Have a good night!
      Adele

• Colleen
      Participant

Hi Adele,
      That is good news that Gary’s son came and ate with you and brought your grandson with him. It was nice for you to have company. The brisket sounds really good. It was nice Bobby got Kanes donuts. It is nice to have something that you do not usually have for a treat.
      We just stayed home today. The girls did not come over. We are supposed to take Ron out for dinner Wednesday and Mandy and Danyielle will be there. Melissa called her dad and told him Happy Father’s Day. She lives too far away to go to dinner with us. I wish she would move closer to home again but she really likes Tennessee.
      It was just nice to sit at home in the air conditioning and being comfortable. We were so use to being hot and miserable for a long time. Thank God we got that fixed.
      Have a good night and stay safe.
      Colleen

• adele shanbar
      Participant

Colleen
      Thank you
      It sounds like you had a good day too!! It’s nice to have quiet snd be comfortable.
      I hope your weather stays nice for a while!
      Today is the 2ond anniversary of Heathers death. Bobby ,Amanda, snd Marissa went to breakfast and the cemetery.
      Have a good day
      Adele

• Dianne Danielson
      Participant

Hi Ladies,
      HAPPY FIRST DAY OF SUMMER!!! Believe it or not we actually hit 80 today! In fact, we just came off the wettest & coolest spring on record. Now we’re facing our first heatwave of the summer. By the weekend we’ll see temps up into the 90s, already!! We’re gonna dry out real fast at that rate. I’ve joked about how summer doesn’t begin till after the 4th of July. Everybody’s ready for some warmer weather.
      It’ll be nice to get out of the house for a change in the sunshine.
      Last week, Hallie was having tire problems, no one would patch up one of the front tires. so I offered to help them out. so we went to the local tire store & I paid to have a pair put on the front. Then another one on the rear went flat. I think I’ve talked em into getting another pair for the rear then they’ll be set & not have to worry about when the next tire will go flat. They were told the tires were bald but they didn’t look bald to me. Altho, when I think of bald tires I think of absolutely no treads on them. I guess things have changed alot since I had a car. My cars would be classified as a stripped down version. No bells & whistles. Kids nowadays wouldn’t know how to roll down the windows in my cars.
      Critt hasn’t been feeling well the past few days. He came to my door over the weekend asking for some milk. I think he’s feeling better now.
      Well, that’s all I got for now. Take care.
      dd

Attachments:
    • adele shanbar
      Participant

Hi DD
      I hope Critt is ok!! Prayers sent
      That was so kind of you to help Hallie out with her tires. Nothing lasts anymore. Our tires had a lot of thread on them, but they dry rotted We had to get new ones. The tire guy said they all do that and won’t last beyond 6 years. It’s crazy!
      Last night when we went to bed there were two owls hooting like crazy! I stood in the bathroom looking out the window as long as I could to see them. I heard them but could not see them. I was hooting back and they answered me. It was hysterical! My neighbor was trying to film them with the camera….. I saw the light on the cameras. It was so much fun. I’m still dying to see an owl!! Lol. Lol
      I
      Love the saying about prayer
      We are supposed to get rain tomorrow. Ere still in a drought. Very crazy weather everywhere
      Have a good day
      Adele
      PS. Did you see AGT???

• Colleen
      Participant

Hi Ladies,
      You are lucky DD that you have had such cool summer so far. It has been really hot here. It was really miserable here without the air conditioner. It was over 100 here for a long time. It is still hot but has cooled down a little. It s still in the 90’s but the humidity has not been as bad and pushing the heat index up into the hundreds. You are a really nice person to offer to buy Hallie tires. People need a helping hand at times .I am sorry to hear about Critt I hope that he is feeling a lot better now. It was really good to hear from you just stay cool and safe.
      Adele you are so funny. I can just see you hooting at the owls. You must be pretty good if they answered back. Maybe they will land somewhere close to the house so you can see them .That was nice that Bobby went to the cemetery with the girls. He is a really good Uncle. It is hard to believe that Heather has been gone for that long already. It just seems like time is flying by this year. I hope that you got some rain and not end up having a drought. We need rain now. It has been too hot and dried the ground out. We have been having to water the garden. The plants look really good and we are hoping it does good this year. We would like to be able to can a lot this year.
      Well that is about all from here. I hope you both have a good night and stay safe.
      Colleen

• adele shanbar
      Participant

Omg. My whole post disappeared!!
      I’ll try to summarize:
      Hope you gave good weekend
      We’re getting gross weather this weekend
      Loved hooting with the owls, but hated not seeing them! They sounded real close and were very loud
      Our pool water is not ready… hoping it will be done by Saturday
      Did I send you a prayer card from Tillie??

DD
      Did I send you a prayer card from Tillie??
      Hope Critt is ok

Christmas in July is starting soon. Lol. Lol

Gail…. Did I send you a prayer card??

Luv u guys!
      Adele

• Gail Norusis
      Participant

yep Adele, you sent me a prayer card. I believe we talked about it in an email a while back.
      It’s hard to keep everything straight. lol

• adele shanbar
      Participant

Gailster……….
      Yes it is!! I should have kept a list. I sent them out to people who went to services, sent cards, snd then much later to those who sent in donations. Then you have to figure out if you already sent them one. Lol. Lol
      Then add grief brain, and you are completely confused!’
      Hope you gave a good night. We’re going to watch the new movie on Netflix with Kevin Hary snd a Woody Harelson.
      Hope you are all ok!!
      Adele

• Gail Norusis
      Participant

I’m starting the new July thread a little early. See you all there.

• Dianne Danielson
      Participant

HI Ladies,
      I hope everyone is doing fine. Can you believe it’s almost JULY??!!! We just had a mini heatwave, not as bad as last yr at the same time. It was a yr ago we were 116 for a couple days. This time it was 95 for a couple days. Luckily it cooled down almost 30 degrees overnight. Now it’s more like normal temps for this time of yr. It’s cloudy in the AM but they burn off by afternoon & it’s in the 70s.
      I have some bad news about Critt. He’s been falling out of his bed again. Apparently he did the night before last & the fire crew had to break into his apt to get to him. I didn’t hear anything that night, so I didn’t know anything about until the neighbor down the hall knocked on my door & asked if I had talked to him. I talked to him the day before & he seemed fine.
      Well, he got home yesterday morning & he filled me in on what happened. His arms were bandaged up from his wrists to the elbows. From what he told me the fire dept. has complained to the VA about putting him in assisted living. He’s fought it for as long as I’ve known him. But they’re not giving him any choice. It could be as soon as 3 weeks from now. I was hoping it drag out till fall or later on. He has 3 choices of places to live. He’ll be able to take his kitty with him. Keep him in your prayers, please.
      I don’t have any special plans for the 4th. So, if you do please stay safe. We’re no longer the UNITED States of America. We’re the DIVIDED States of America!! Sorry. I had to vent!!
      Have a wonderful holiday weekend!!
      dd

Attachments:
    • Gail Norusis
      Participant

don’t forget everyone. I have started the discussion page for July a little early. See you there.

• adele shanbar
      Participant

Hey DD
      I am so sorry about poor Critt. He and you are in my prayers every night. I don’t forget to mention you!! Ever!!
      We’re not doing anything special either. It may be just me and Gary. I got hot dogs and sausages to grill with corn. Nit much cause it’s just us. I did invite Joanne but she’s been sick. If she comes, I’ll tell Nancy to come too
      I totally agree. I feel people who believe the crap 45 outs out gave no business celebrating the 4th. If you don’t believe in this country, move to Russia because the rest of us do not want the US to turn into the USSR!!
      We’re getting hot and sticky weather too. Yuck
      Hope you can celebrate with Critt. Tell him we all thank him for his service!!!!
      Luv u
      Adele

Viewing 47 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Share on Facebook
Facebook
Pin on Pinterest
Pinterest
Tweet about this on Twitter
Twitter
Email this to someone
email

Share this with a Smile
X Close
Watch QVC
top finds links QVC LIVE QVC PLUS QVC UK