Chit Chat-July 20222022-06-29T12:54:35-04:00

Home Forums General Quacker Chatter Chit Chat-July 2022

Viewing 64 reply threads
  • Author
      Participant

Hi All.
      Hope everyone is having a good summer so far.
      the weather has been pretty nice except for those few days when it was close to 100.
      They have a girls league picnic where all the soft ball teams play games and they have a cookout.
      they used to roast a pig but now they just serve hot dogs and hamburgers.
      It was in the 70’s when we went and so I never thought about putting on sunscreen which I am usually very careful about doing.
      Well of course by that night my arms and part of my legs were sunburned. I was so pissed at myself as I am usually so careful. I don’t want sun damage and also if I get a bad sunburn the medication I take makes me get hives so i was lucky this time to escape them.
      Last week was our anniversary so we took a mini vacation with a night away. We went out for dinner and went to a concert by the Buckinghams (hows that for a blast from the past?) and then we stayed at this new little boutique hotel which was just so lovely.
      Any one have any plans for the 4th? I hope the weather holds out.
      Gail

Attachments:
    • adele shanbar
      Participant

Hey Gailster!
      We don’t really have much for plans. Got corn, Hamburg, hot dogs and sausage. We will have a choice as to what to make. I also got that cherry pie from the Q that I will make
      I think it will be just me and Gary. Maybe Bobby I invited Joanne. If she comes, I’ll invite Nancy too. Marissa is laying low she said. Amanda is moving into a rented room. Broke up with boyfriend. Not sure about Steph
      It’s hot up here with humidity. Yuck!
      I’ll attach pics of the garden. Hope they will load
      So glad you two are having fun. Sounds like a wonderful anniversary. A belated congrats to both of you!!! Wish you many more happy, healthy years!!!!!!
      Gary is off to the breathing test at the hospital. He goes to the pulmonologist tomorrow for the results. Please say a prayer😱🙏🏻
      Hope you have a good 4th!!
      Luv
      Adele

Attachments:
    • Colleen
      Participant

Hi Gail,
      The picnic they are having sounds really fun. I hope your sunburn is not too bad. I hope that it is either turning tan or starting fade. I hate getting sunburned. There really is not too many things that sooth a sunburn.
      Happy Anniversary! Sounds like you had a fun evening. That is a blast from the past. The Buckinghams were such a good group. I like listening to the old groups are groups that imitate them.
      We are not planning on doing anything on the 4th. It is going to be really hot here. We are supposed to have a couple of storms this week-end. So we may just go a bbq place and bring some food home. They have really good ribs and pork steaks. It will just be me and Ron here also. We may go to the 4th of July picnic in town. They have a lot of stands with some cute things to sell. They always sell hats and purses. They also have t-shirts with all kinds of cute sayings. They also have a lot of food trucks. Some of the food they sell is so spicy I cannot eat it. So we end up at the BBQ place.
      Have a good night and stay safe.
      Colleen

• Colleen
      Participant

Hi DD,
      I am praying for Critt and for you. You will miss him when he moves. It is sad that someone can just come in and say he needs to move. Just because we are older we can still make our own decisions. They could also put bars on the bed to keep him from falling out. They only go so far up on the bed and he can still get out on his own. My mom had them on her bed at the end of her being in her home. They also helped her to get in and out.
      Thanks for letting us know that there was a Quacker show coming on.
      Well that is about all from here. Have a good night and stay safe.
      Colleen

• Colleen
      Participant

Hi Adele,
      The things that you have for the 4th sounds good. I posted to Gail what we are going to do. Your garden is really pretty. You did a really good job.
      I hope Amanda is happy where she is living now. Do you think that she will ever move back in with you and Gary again? It would be nice to have her there with you again.
      How is Gary doing? I will say a prayer that he is doing ok. This hot and humid weather I think that is hard on a lot of people. My sodium is really low again. I think that is why I have not been feeling well. So now I have to try and bring it up.
      I cannot believe that it is July already. This year is going by so fast. All our grand kids are growing so fast and our greats are also. The baby is 8 months old and she weighs 30 pounds. She is a big girl. I think that she weighs more then her little brother.
      Well that is about all from here. Have a great night and stay safe.
      Colleen

• adele shanbar
      Participant

Hi Colleen!
      Wow! The baby is going to be tall! Like Santino. It’s hard to hold them when they get so big so fast.
      It’s hot and humid here. We’re getting storms tomorrow.
      Gary had the breathing test yesterday. Today he goes to see the pulmonologist for the results. The man who did the test ssid he’s nit so sure he has COPD. If not, then what in the world is going on with his breathing??? I guess we’ll finally see todsy
      Amanda says she does nit want to move back in here. Bobby is nit happy where she us going and neither are the rest of us. It’s not a good area. Please say a prayer for her. She got a new job at a HVAC company. Office job. I hope it works out for her
      Hope you gave a god time at the parade!!
      Adele
      Ps. Tillie finally got approved for Masshealth so the bills from the nursing home will all be covered!!

• Colleen
      Participant

Hi Adele,
      She is really heavy when you pick her up. I cannot hardly pick her up anymore. She is a momma’s girl that is for sure. If she hears her mom’ voice she starts looking for her and if she cannot find her she starts to cry.
      That is really confusing. One person to tell you it is COPD and then have another tell you it is not. I guess he will have to see what the pulmonnologist has to say. I hope he can tell Gary what is going on.
      I will say a prayer. Maybe she will change her mind and move away from there. It is hard to get kids to listen to what you tell them. She may figure it out.
      That is good news that Tillie’s going to have her bills paid at the nursing home. It sure will save a lot of money.
      Have a good day and stay safe.
      Colleen

• adele shanbar
      Participant

Hey Colleen
      The pulmonologist said to be diagnosed with COPD your number would be 71. Gary’s is 70.2. He is an inch away from it. They said his lungs lack the capacity to fill and get the air where it needs to go. Aldo said his heart is not shaped correctly anymore due to heart attack, etc, so it does not pump as effectively as it should
      Gary is a little bummed out. He feels he is not going to be around much longer. Not that sny of us will. Lol
      Babies are funny. All they want is their Mummy’s.
      We we’re supposed to get thunderstorms. It was dark and gloomy and heard the thunder. But, we got no rain. Too bad, cause we need the rain!
      It was just me and Gary for dinner We had chicken wings and beans we got from the local meat market. They were really good…. Heat snd eat. I baked the cherry pie I got for QVC. I gave to say it was really good! Very yummy. It came a package of 2 pies. It was full of cherries, and not just juice.
      Hope you have a good rest of your weekend.
      Happy Fourth of July!!!
      Adele

• Gail Norusis
      Participant

Hi Everyone,
      We’re back and we had a great time. The chalet that we stayed in was so charming. She had it decorated with a nautical theme because of the tradition of ship building in the area. There was a beautiful deck that faced right on the lake where we spent a lot of time. It had a fire table for the chilly mornings and evenings. We rented a pontoon boat one day and the kids had fun jumping off that into the water. Except for Kendall who stayed back at the house. We did see more of her than we usually do though. I think even she had a good time. it’s hard to tell with a teenager. lol
      This week the kids are off on another adventure with their other grandparents who have rented a mansion to bring their kids and spouses and grandkids to celebrate their 50th anniversary. I know one of their kids wives and and one kid came down with covid last week so I hope no one else gets it and ruins their trip. it’s so hard now to make plans never knowing if someone might come down with covid.
      We were lucky that we all stayed healthy before our trip. We had very nice weather too. I think it just rained once and not for a whole day. It’s a touristy area but even though it was July 4th our area didn’t seem over crowded. I think some of the other towns on the peninsula are some of the more crowded ones so I’m glad that we stayed where we did.
      There’s a rocky area on the edge of the lake and the kids were invited by the people that own the house to paint on the rocks so they had a great time doing that. Greg and Piper even went kayacking in the double kayak. I am terrible at remembering to take pictures of stuff but jenny took photos of everything.
      We barbecued on the 4th and the day before but the rest of the time we went out for dinner so Jenny and I really appreciated that.
      We spent evenings watching movies and playing games so that was nice as it was something that everyone could do together.
      So I’m up for doing it again next year if Jenny and the kids want to.
      At one of the places where we ate the waitress called Greg a stud muffin so we got a lot of mileage out of that. lol He said if he had a nickel for every time he’s been called that he’d have a nickel. lol
      Gail

Attachments:
    • Colleen
      Participant

Hi Gail,
      It sounds like you and stud muffin had a good vacation with the kids. That is funny the waitress called him that. That id funny. She must have been wanting a big tip. That is so funny.
      That is fun to do things with the whole family. I hope that the kids will want to go back next year. It was fun to go out on the pontoon. It would be fun for the kids to jump off and swim. Where was it you went to?
      The kids are really going to have a fun summer going with their other grandparents. They are lucky to have two sets of grandparents that like to do things like that. They are having a fun summer.
      That must have been a lot of fun for the kids to paint on the rocks. Did Kendal at least take part in that? I know what you mean about teenagers. They never want to do anything and they are always bored. It is really hard on those poor kids.
      Well that is about all from here. Have a great night and stay safe.
      Colleen

• adele shanbar
      Participant

Hey Gailster
      So glad you all had a good time Your stories reminded me of when the grands were you snd we spent so much time in NH. They will remember these good times, and so will you
      That’s a funny story about Greg!
      It is very hit and humid yo here. Yuck.
      We finally got our hair cut yesterday… Gary snd I needed it desperately.
      Hope your weather is better…..
      Adele

• adele shanbar
      Participant

Hi Colleen
      Great to hear from you!
      Hope we hear from DD soon too
      Adele

• Colleen
      Participant

Hi Adele,
      I must have missed some posts on here. We have been eating fresh veggies out of the garden. We have been eating a lot of tomatoes, zucchini and cucumbers. It is so nice to have all the fresh veggies to eat right now. We are going to try and freeze some of the zucchini for the winter. I do not know if I am going to make any sauce this year or not. It is so hot I do not want to heat up the house.
      I hope you and Gary and the rest of the family are feeling well. We are doing okay but this heat has been making me feel bad and tired. Well that is about all from here. Have a great night.
      Colleen

• adele shanbar
      Participant

Hi Colleen
      We’re having a lot of heat and humidity.
      Yesterday there were thunderstorms all around us, and we got a sprinkle. We need the rain. We’re in a drought
      I only planted basil this year. Pics attached
      Hope your weather is cooler. Thus weather makes us all feel awful!!
      Adele

Attachments:
    • Gail Norusis
      Participant

Hi Colleen,
      Yes, Mr. Stud Muffin said the same thing. The waitress knows whose leaving the tip. lol
      We aren’t getting tomatoes and cucumbers from the garden yet. We have just started to get peppers.
      We vacationed in Door County Wisconsin and stayed in the town of Sturgeon Bay. Door county is that little finger on the east side of Wi that’s a peninsula. There are several towns on the peninsula all are kind of vacation towns.
      Kendall did paint on the rocks so that was good.
      And even though she wouldn’t play board games or card games with us she would come out and watch and help her brother and sister if they got stuck. So she was interested but she didn’t want to actually say she would play as that would not be cool. lol
      We haven’t been dreadfully hot. mainly in the 80’s which is tolerable. Except on days when humidity is really high.
      Just imagine living in the deep south 100 years ago when there was no AC. No wonder everyone talked and moved slowly.
      Gail

Attachments:
    • Gail Norusis
      Participant

Hi Adele,
      Did you and Gary have someone come to the house and cut your hair.
      I would miss going to the beauty parlor as it is my one indulgence.
      What do you use the fresh basil in?
      We grew cilantro this year so I can use it in fresh pico de gallo. Love that stuff!
      I hope you get some rain and not storms.
      Jenny just informed us last night that softball is almost over but Piper is being a cheerleader for junior tackle this year so that will be starting soon so we will have football games to go to next. lol
      The kids will be with their other grandparents this Friday so I will have to see if maybe Jenny and Ricky will want to go out to eat since the kids are away.
      Is Santino coming over to use your pool?
      Gail

• adele shanbar
      Participant

Hey Gailster
      Yes. The hairdresser had been coming since covid began. We kept her because she us good. Plus she us the mother of one ofAmanda’s friends
      Santino used the pool a lot. Since we finally got the algae out if they water. It was real bad this year. Worst year ever. I hope it’s better next year!!
      I have the basil in a vase with water. I still have to get the cheese. It’s been too hot to do Instacart. I don’t want the food to sit in someone’s car long when it’s 90 and humid. I’m waiting for a break in the heat. Lol. If not, when Bobby goes this weekend, he will get it
      We had miscommunication last weekend. Two people thought each other was getting it, and nobody did!!
      I hope you get to have some fun with some of your grands this weekend. Those teenagers are tough! Lol. Lol
      We had storms all around us last night, and got no rain at all
      Hope you have a good night!
      Adele

• Colleen
      Participant

Hi Gail,
      You always get your veggies later then we do. Did you get any asparagus this year? We did not get any at all so we planted some in the back garden. We hope this will do better back there. We have grass hoppers in our garden now. So we will have to find some thing to kill the. It has been really hot so we have been having to water the garden every night. We also need rain. Wish we had your weather it would be nice to cool down some.
      That is funny how teenagers do things. They do not think that it is cool to play games but to help others to play is cool. They should just go ahead and play and really enjoy themselves. Aliza does not like to lose a game so by the time she gets to be a teen she will be really hard to deal with.
      Wisconsin is a really pretty state. They have some nice vacation places. We stayed in a cabin when we were kids with my parents in Wisconsin. I cannot remember what part it was in. We were right by a lake.
      Thanks for posting the memes. They are really funny. Have a great night and stay safe.
      Colleen

• Colleen
      Participant

Hi Adele,
      Your basil looks really good. You are growing a lot in pots. We are not growing our own spices this year. We probably should because they are getting expensive.
      Sounds like here. Most of the rain is going around us and we get just sprinkles of rain. We have been hooking up our soaking hose to water the garden with. We now have grass hoppers that in the garden. We will have to find something to get rid of them. If it is not one thing it is another.
      That is nice that you could find a hair dresser to come to your house. There are not many that will do that anymore. It really gets aggravating. Especially if you cannot get out. We could not find someone that would come to my mom’s house when she was so sick.
      Colleen

• adele shanbar
      Participant

Hi Colleen
      She is a nice woman, and does a good job in me and Gary. We are lucky to have her
      Basil grows so well. But when it gets real hot, it starts to turn yellow and looks stressed out. So this year I planted it in pots on the deck. The window boxes get way more sun on them. They should do better that way
      It got cooler here today. But next week it’s going to be gross!!
      Marissa Amanda Santino and JJ went to a zoo in Maine today. The baby had a ball playing with the deer and goats. They all had a good time
      JJ is living here again for a while this summer. We’re glad to have him here. He’s a big help.
      Hope you have a good weekend
      Adele

• Colleen
      Participant

Hi Adele,
      Everything is having a hard time growing. My flowers are doing terrible. I need to go out and cut all the old blooms off the bushes. We have to water our garden all the time now so we will have plenty of veggies. We picked a basket full of tomatoes today and more zucchini. We were worried that it might dry up.
      Sounds like the kids had a good time today. I like going to the zoo and just walking around. It seems so peaceful and quiet when the kids are all back in school. I can imagine that Santino loved the deer and the goats. It is always fun to watch them especially with the goats. The goats always bite on the kids clothes.
      I bet you will have a great time with JJ being there. What about the younger one. I cannot remember his name right now. I am having one of those senior minutes. How is Steph doing? Is she coming around more then she was before? She really has a hard time dealing with life.
      Have a good night and stay safe.
      Colleen

• adele shanbar
      Participant

Hey Colleen
      JJ is a huge help. He got the groceries in and put away for me today. That gave aGary a nice rest. Lol
      Yes, you are so right. She has a very hard time with losing her mother and great-grandmother. She can’t seem to fill up the empty space, no matter what or how you try to help her. She refuses to go for grief counseling
      It’s going to be very hot here this week. Yuck
      We haven’t heard from DD lately. I hope she is ok
      I hope you enjoy the rest of your weekend!
      Adele

• Colleen
      Participant

Hi Adele,
      I am glad that he is there to help you. It is nice to give Gary a break also. Grand kids can be so much help when they want to be. They are good to lift our
      spirits also. They always say the right thins and give us a hug when we need it.
      I really wish she could get over this and come back to see you and Gary. That is the way of life. She has to get use to that because it goes on all thru our lives. We have to go on for the others that are still here.
      I wish we would get a break in the weather. It has been really hot just about all summer. We were supposed to get some rain but did not get any. We had a lot of thunder but that was as far as it went.
      I hope DD is okay. I know that she is worried about Critt having to move. That is a shame they really keep each other company. I do hope if she gets a new neighbor they can be friends like her and Critt.
      Have a great night and be safe.
      Colleen

• adele shanbar
      Participant

Hi Colleen
      I totally agree on all fronts!! Grands are a gift to our souls.
      We had severe threats of storms today, and they went all around us. Not one drop of rain
      I forgot to answer this!! So sorry! It got buried with a lot of emails
      I’m worried about DD too. I hope she is ok, and her friend Critt too
      Hope your weather gets better and we get some rain
      Adele

• Colleen
      Participant

Hi Adele,
      it sounds like here. We have all kinds of predictions that rain is coming but it goes around us. We have to water the garden or we would not have any veggies at all.
      I do not always answer e-mail either. I get caught up in all that is going on here and just forget to answer e-mails. I have Aliza here a lot since her mom started working.
      Christine needs our prayers. She has had some trouble with her eye surgery. She cannot see to type on the computer or dial a phone. She is really upset because she cannot do her housework or anything else. She just needs prayers.
      Colleen

• Gail Norusis
      Participant

Hi Colleen,
      I will pray for Christine. She certainly has had more then her share of problems. it’s time that she gets a break she is such a sweet woman.
      I did not know that Danyielle had started to work again. I hope that she is doing something that she likes. It’s nice that it gives you more time with Aliza.
      We have not had much rain either but we also have not had the extreme heat that some are getting.
      We went to Piper’s last softball game of the season last night. Adam was on vacation and was there so we had a long talk with him about his new job and such. He’s a nice guy and it sometimes makes me a little sad that things didn’t work out when I watch the kids hugging him and stuff. I always wonder how they really feel about their parent’s split. Lucky for them he lives close and can see him often.
      Nothing much going on here. We just don’t get out and about as much as we did pre-covid.
      Gail

Attachments:
    • Gail Norusis
      Participant

Hi Adele,
      Are you having fun with JJ? Does he miss playing with his friends when he is at your place or are there other kids in your neighborhood.
      I’m sorry to hear that Steph is having so much trouble moving forward. It’s such a shame as I’m sure both her mother and great grandmother would want her to go out and live life to the fullest. I think sometimes people feel like they dishonor the dead by moving forward with their lives when quite the opposite is true-we honor those we have lost by living our own lives to the fullest. We can still miss them and grieve for them but we don’t have to bury ourselves in sorrow. I always feel our loved ones want us to continue on in their absence and live the life that they no longer can.
      We are going to see a group of Beach Boys impersonators this weekend and we have seen them before so we know that they are good. I’m guessing we will see Jenny and the kids tonight too unless they are with Adam since he is on vacation.
      I hear the east is getting really hot weather this weekend. I hope next week will be better.
      Gail

Attachments:
    • adele shanbar
      Participant

Omg Colleen!
      Christine sent me a card on line a while ago. I wrote her an email and never heard back. Please tell her I tried to reach out
      JJ is on his way home. Marissa took him with them to the Science Museum, the Duck boat tour in Boston and they were going to dinner. JJ is do exhausted he asked to come home instead. He’ll be here shortly. Going yo get him something to eat and I bet he’ll go to bed
      Still gross here. No rain. Yuck
      Adele

• adele shanbar
      Participant

Hey Gailster
      I feel the same way. I can’t seem to help her move forward. It breaks my heart
      JJ has one friend. I have been encouraging him to call and invite him over. So far it’s a no go. Lol. He is very happy working on his projects and games
      It is beyond gross here. Heat over 90 and high humidity. I’m so scared the electricity will go out.
      I hope you all have a good time with the kids tonight. Is it hot there too?? I’d die outside in this weather
      Hoping you are having a good weekend!
      Adele

• Colleen
      Participant

Hi Gail,
      It is sad when husband and wife break up. It is so hard on the kids. They are lucky to have both parents that love them and do not fight over them seeing each other. Ethan will not go see Stephen he has such bad feelings towards him. It is hard to see.
      Thanks for the prayers for Christine. She has really had a rough time here lately. The doctors in England do not give good care like they do here. I wish she could find a good doctor.
      Danyielle is back working in jewelry. She goes to different stores and sets up displays and show store owners how the new watches work. She really likes it She is not stuck in one place all day long. She can also set her own hours.
      We have not been doing much here lately. It is just too hot to do anything. It is 101 today and muggy. It is just too hot to go outside. Ron went to a fish fry and I stayed here. I told it is too hot to go to a event like that for me. So he went with his sister. It was at the church grounds his family goes to. I do not like fish so that was not a good time for me.
      It is hard to believe that summer is almost over and the kids will be back in school soon. Time is just going too fast. I imagine that it was fun watching Piper play ball. Is she the only one playing ball this year? Did Lachlan play?
      Well that is all from here. Have a great day and stay safe.
      Colleen

• Colleen
      Participant

Hi Adele,
      It just really happened fast to her. Something went wrong with the laser surgery they did to her eye. I just pray for her that is all we can do for her. I will tell her that you tried to reach out to her. I think that she understands that she cannot read any e-mails that she has received. I wish that Stewart would read them to her but I guess he does not want to read her private mail.
      Sounds like JJ had a fun day today. It is a shame that he did not want to go eat with them. Maybe he wanted to come back and check on you. He sounds like he worries about you.
      Well that is about all from here. Have a good night and stay safe,
      Colleen

• adele shanbar
      Participant

Hey Colleen
      J J is a home body. I wish he were out more with some friends. But I guess in todays world that is a lot safer so I won’t complain
      Our big pine tree in front of the house is dying. I’m afraid it will go over in a storm, so it is coming down tomorrow. I’ll attach a pic. Only the ends are alive. Too bad because it was a pretty tree
      That’s awful about Christine. She has had a rough few years with health issues. It’s so sad. She is way too young for all of this
      It is over 100 up here with high humidity. Even if the house were in fire ( God forbid) I would not go out there!! Lol
      Hope your weather is cooling down
      Adele

• Colleen
      Participant

Hi Adele,
      We finally had rain today. It started in the middle of the night and rained all day. It was so nice to get the rain. It is the first time people were saying that a rainy day is a nice day. Maybe our rain will go your way.
      This hot weather has been hard on the trees and the plants. We would not have anything left if we did not get this rain today. In the afternoon it was a slow steady rain so it was a good soaking rain.
      Christine has had some rough times. I wish she would get better and not have to go thru this anymore. I hope she gets her site back completely. I just keep praying that she does.
      JJ is smart to be picky about his friends. He is a smart boy and will make more friends as he gets older and can do things with friends. They will do more things as a group.
      Have a great day and stay safe.
      Colleen

• adele shanbar
      Participant

Hi Colleen
      We still have not had a drop of rain. Now they are saying a chance of rain tomorrow and Friday. It’s not good to be in a drought. Food will go through the roof with prices
      I also feel bad for Christine. She has been through so much
      The daybed came yesterday. JJ put it together himself. Gary supervised. It was so cute yo watch. Lol
      Hope you have a good day
      Have you been watching AGT? Maybe it’s me, but I am nit thrilled with the acts this year
      Adele

• Colleen
      Participant

Hi Adele,
      We had that one good day of rai and not another drop since then. It has been raining in St .Louis. They had more then they could handle there was flooding in some spots. It is a shame that it did not spread out more so we all could have some rain.
      Thanks for sending the pictures. They were really good. I cannot believe how old JJ is getting. He looked so old in that picture. I mean older not old. Kids grow so fast. That was a cute picture of JJ putting the bed together and Gary watching. I would treasure that picture. The rest of the pictures were really good also.
      Christine need to get better care so she can get better. I guess that they are used to getting care like that there. I like having freedom of choice and not government run.
      I never got watch AGT . They have some good acts and some really disgusting acts. I do not know if I will watch DWTS this year or not It is on Disney Channel and am not sue if we get the channel that it comes on. I still watch the masked singer that one is pretty good.
      Colleen

• Dianne Danielson
      Participant

HI Ladies,
      Just a quick note, I’m alive. Roasting but alive. Lots to tell, so I’ll do that tomorrow. Critt’s been in & out of the hospital. He keeps falling on the floor. He’s a big guy so it takes alot to get him off the floor.
      Sending pics to cool you off. lol.
      dd

Attachments:
    • Gail Norusis
      Participant

Hi Everyone,
      DD it’s good to hear from you. I keep seeing on the news the high temps in Medford Oregon. That’s where our old Quacker friend Debbie lives.
      Colleen, Danyielle’s new job sounds interesting. It seems that in this day and age both husband and wife have to work to make ends meet.
      We saw all the rain in Saint Louis on the news and I was wondering how much you got. I’m glad that you didn’t flood.
      Greg went into work for a little while today. I think he’s actually been in the physical building about six times since march 2020. And then he was going to take something with him to mail to his partner from work which of course he forgot. He needs a keeper. lol I guess that’s me. lol
      I won’t be able to watch DWTS this year either. I wonder if it will be any better with Alfonso Ribero cohosting with Tyra this year.
      Piper was the only kid who played ball this year. Lachlan didn’t sign up. I guess he lost interest and he wasn’t that great at it anyway so i suppose that was frustrating. Now we will have to go watch the junior tackle football games since Piper is a cheer leader for them. I can’t believe in just a few more weeks the kids will be going back to school. I wish they didn’t have to go until September. it makes the summer so short. it seems like we just finished vacation.
      Adele, where are you putting the new daybed? It’s great that JJ was able to help assemble it. he’s getting so grown up.
      You mentioned that he kept busy with his projects and his video games. What kinds of projects does he like to do?
      Does he have an occulus? Lachlan and Greg both have them and like them.
      Gail

Attachments:
    • adele shanbar
      Participant

Hi Colleen
      That’s too bad. We have DWTS on the regular networks up here, not in a streaming network. I am always surprised by how things go in the Midwest with the internet and cable.
      It rains Ed here once today, and it us sbout to rain one more time. I just hope we get a good amount of rain, because it is extremely dry up here.
      Oh yes JJ is getting older. He will be 16 in September. I can’t believe it myself.
      Steph came over with Aizen this afternoon. They just left a few minutes ago. I checked to make sure they were safely home before the storm starts. It was a nice visit.
      Hope you have a good night
      Adele

• adele shanbar
      Participant

HibDD
      So glad to hear from you
      Dying to hear his things have been going tomorrow. Prayers sent for Critt
      Love your pics!!!
      Adele

• adele shanbar
      Participant

Ho Gailster!
      Ok…. What’s an oculus? Lol. Lol
      The daybed goes in the back room Thst was the den, then Bobby’s room after Amanda moved in. Now it’s back to a den/ bedroom. It will be a bedroom when needed, and a den when JJ goes back home when school starts. Around here it starts the end of August It’s coming real fast!!
      JJ is working on a business project …. The market ting of a business he wants to develop. An kn between person who will do the marketing and development for businesses. He would do the ordering snd the businesses would fill, and deliver the goods. It goes something like that. Not sure if I gave it right. He says he would get the products to oriole without having to keep inventory or deliver them himself. That is the gist of it. 😵‍💫. Hope I got it right
      That’s awful that you won’t be able to see DWatS either!! Wow!
      Hope you have a good night
      Adele

• Gail Norusis
      Participant

Adele,
      DWTS is moving from network TV – I think it was on maybe ABC but it’s moving to only Disney plus-so that’s why Colleen and I won’t be able to see it. I think you have disney + so you will be able to watch. I’m just not going to buy Disney plus as the Dish bill is already too high I think. Plus I think Disney plus might be a streaming service and streaming stuff out in the boonies where our wireless connections are not always that good is sometimes a frustrating proposition.
      We had a den too that we converted to a bedroom for Greg’s Mom-Greg and Brent even added a closet. Someday i think we will convert it back to a den/office as we really don’t need six bedrooms. lol Right now it is just a room for catch all junk-which I really must get in a purge someday.
      I can’t believe that JJ is working on a business idea during the summer. good for him! Most kids now a days just think they will become TikTok stars and get rich. I does amaze and baffle me that a TikTok influencer is a real job. Technology has really changed the world and i can’t keep up with it all.
      An occulus is a virtual reality gaming system. You put on a headset and you can play games-or do boxing or golf or ride a rollercoaster or visit different places in the world. Ask a kid. They can show you. lol
      Gail

• adele shanbar
      Participant

Omg Gailster
      That’s funny about an oculus! JJ had a headset. I bet that’s one. Lol
      That stinks about DWTS. Are they going it everywhere, or just put by you two? Still nasty.
      I have been having a grand old time selling Tillie’s tops and my Annalee dolls. Pina brought a lot of her stuff back because they were too small for her. They have been selling like crazy. One thing that is nit selling us her Isotonee slippers The ballet flats.
      How was the kids’ games, cheerleading, etc??
      Hope you g hug Ave a good night
      Adele

• Colleen
      Participant

Hi Gail,
      Danyielle went to college for that type of work. She loves working in fashion. Even when she was younger she us to like to draw dresses. She never got into sewing until she went to college. I cannot remember what she made now it was too long ago.
      It will be different with Alfonso is on there. He would be better then she is. I do not think he will try to be the center of attention. He knows when he should talk and when he should let others do the talking. Well I guess it will not matter we will never see it unless they put it back on ABC.
      Piper is a really good athlete. She is interested in a lot of different things. Do you think that Lachlan will play foot ball? That would be fun if Piper was a cheer leader and Lachlan was a player. It will be fun to watch them if that happens.
      Well that is about all from here. Have a great day and stay safe.
      Colleen

• Colleen
      Participant

Hi DD,
      I am so sorry to hear about Critt. It is such a shame. Do they know why he keeps falling. That must be really hard on him. Do you know when they will put in the home or have they already done that.
      It was good to hear from you we were worried about you. Have a great night and stay safe.
      Colleen

• Colleen
      Participant

Hi Adele,
      I was writing to you and the whole thing just disappeared. I guess I will try again. I do not know how that happens
      I did not realize that JJ was close to the same age as my two oldest grandsons. I do not why I thought that he was a lot younger. I guess that I was thinking of Aizen he is the younger one.
      We had some rain the other day but not as much as the all day rain we had. We still need more rain. I wish that you would get the rain you need. You really need to some. We need more but it does not look like we are going to get the rain today it went around us. Maybe later today we will get some.
      I am so glad that Steph and Aizen came over to visit. I hope that she will come visit more often. Does Aizen ever come to your house and stay without his mom? It would be nice if he did so you can spend time with him.
      That is really interesting that JJ is coming up with a business plan. He is a smart kid. That was nice he put the day bed together for you. He is really handy to have around.
      Well that is about all from here. Have a great day and stay safe.
      Colleen

• adele shanbar
      Participant

Well Colleen…… wait til you hear this!
      Bobby has covid. Tested positive today
      I told JJ he cannot go downstairs for anything. Bobby has a door to the in-law apt. But, has to go into the front hall to go out. Snd he uses the key dry room to wash clothes. We will not wash anything until 2 days after he tests negative.
      This is crazy. Nobody can use the pool Nobody can go downstairs. I am praying Gary dies not get it. I know he would end up in the hospital because of his lungs. Please say a prayer he does not get it🙏🏻🙏🏻👍👍
      Hope your day is going well!!
      Adele

• Dianne Danielson
      Participant

Hi Ladies,
      Sorry I didn’t get back till now. We’re into our 6th day of our heatwave. Clouds are coming in so I’m hoping it means it’s cooling down. It isn’t supposed to cool down till Monday. this is the longest heatwave in our recorded history. We usually get 2 or 3 days in a row, but this is going on a week. we have extreme fire danger, but so far so good. I haven’t heard any news yet today.
      Management finally got my window fixed with plexy glass for my AC. After last yrs heat bubble where so many died, the state made sure the elderly, disabled, & people who can’t afford AC’s got one. Some landlords were handing out eviction notices if the tenants had window ACs. But when people saw it on the news the community banded together & got them the portable ACs. Since I already had one all I needed was the window fixed. It took all of 5 minutes to do.I was expecting a long drawn out project but things sure have changed. It’s stick on with velcrow.
      Now for Critt. He’s been having trouble falling out of his bed, or transferring from his wheel chair to his power chair for the past couple of months. He has no use of his legs. He can’t walk or stand up on his own. He was supposed to have knee replacement a few yrs ago but somehow he got an infection in his knee so they couldn’t do it. When I first met him he was able to walk, but he can’t now.
      Anyway, the latest time he fell out of his bed, so the fire dept. was called. He was hallucinating, talking about being robbed. He was talking about how 4 gang members made their way along the ledge outside the window & they came in through the window. Well, we’re on the 12th floor, with NO balconies or ledges outside our windows. The face of the bldg is flat as is the backside. He said they stole two of his boards. He has a cat walk made of boards just below the ceiling for his cat.
      The VA, his Dr, have been trying to get him to go into assisted living but he refuses. He said the only way he’ll go is by court order. Legally they can’t evict him unless he refuses to pay rent or does something illegal. We were discussing me moving into his place because his is ADA for the disabled.
      I put in my name for it because you can wait till one opens up.
      All of which brings me to why I put in for it. I had to get my Dr. to sign off on it. I’ve taken a couple falls myself in the past few months. I’m scared of taking a shower for fear of falling & not being able to get out on my own. In the ADA apt it has a walk in shower so I wouldn’t have to step over the tub in or out.
      Other than that the Dr. was happy about my weight, & my health in general. I got my second booster shot while I was there.
      I’m watching VPH with Rick St. Nick on the Q. It’s the final weekend of CIJ. Sooo many things I would love to have, but no $$$!!
      Well, now that I’ve put you all to sleep I’ll sign off for today.
      Take care, stay cool, stay safe.
      dd

Attachments:
    • adele shanbar
      Participant

Hi DD
      I hope you got some rain. We still have none. It’s crazy.
      Thst is so awful about Critt. I feel so bad gif him, snd all if you who are his friends. It’s awful to see someone deteriorate. You start losing your friend, before you lose your friend
      I think it’s great for you to apply for a unit where you get some help, and it’s set up better for your needs Test would be a good thing for you. I hope it works out soon for you!
      Bobby has covid. He was sick yesterday, but, better today. He still has to isolate downstairs until he is negative. I’m keeping JJ upstairs. Not even letting him wash a load of laundry down there until Bobby is negative, and then I’ll wait one extra day just because.
      I’m so glad to hear from you so we all know you are ok
      Our little group is small enough. Lol
      Praying for the best for you!!
      Adele

• Colleen
      Participant

Hi Adele,
      I am sorry to hear that Bobby has covid. At least you have a place for him to stay. Does he have a way to cook meals for himself? At least JJ will not have to go down stairs for any reason. I will say a prayer that he gets over covid really soon and does not pass this on to any of you.
      I will pray for Gary also. You do not have much luck with covid. It seems like everyone in your family has had it. I am just glad that all of you have gotten over it and did not have bad side effects from it.
      Not much going on here. We have a pretty boring life. Have a good night and stay safe.
      Colleen

• Colleen
      Participant

Hi DD,
      I cannot believe that they do not want people to have air conditioners when it is so hot. I am glad that something has been done about that. That is terrible that they will not let people have AC when they need it. Thank God that you did not get really sick from the heat.
      That is so sad about Critt. If he is seeing things he needs to be in a home where they can take care of him. There should always be someone around to help him get up and down. I know that it is hard to give up your freedom but there comes a time when you cannot take care of your self you need to go where there is someone there all the time. It is just sad.
      I hope that you get his apartment so you can use the shower and you can be safe. I am glad that you are ok. It was good to hear from you. Do you have a cane or something to use to help with your balance. I just hope that you do not hurt yourself when you fall. That is scary.
      I love the pictures that you sent. They have some really pretty scenes.I love all the puppies they are so cute.
      Have a great night and stay safe.
      Colleen

• adele shanbar
      Participant

Hi Colleen
      Bobby has been better since yesterday. No more fever. Cold symptoms gone. He still has to isolate until he is negative. Hell test tomorrow again.
      Nobody has been able to visit. That pool sits empty It’s ridiculous! JJ sat on the deck for a while yesterday and read. What a crazy summer!
      I’m hoping you and your family are all ok
      Adele

• Dianne Danielson
      Participant

Hi Ladies,
      Well here we are into another month. Where’s this yr going? We’ve cooled down today. Thank goodness. It’s supposed to be <20 cooler tomorrow. I hope the triple digit temps are done with for this summer. I heard the death toll has risen to 10 people. Oregon passed a law last yr in the wake of the catastrophic heat bubble we had last yr, saying something to the effect that landlords have to provide ACs for those tenants that don’t have one. Esp. those who are disabled, elderly, etc.
      Adele, I’m sorry to hear about Bobby having Covid. I hope he gets over it real soon. It’s amazing to me how this keeps mutating!! Oh, I watched CIJ finale on the Q yesterday. There were sooooo many things I wanted but alas couldn’t!!! During one of the breaks they were advertizing new fall items coming & I saw a Boo fetti truck from Temptations. David hosted an hr of Scary Halloween items. He was all decked out as Dracula. I watched a small bit of it but wasn’t interested.
      Well, that’s all for now. Take care.
      dd

Attachments:
    • Dianne Danielson
      Participant

I forgot!!

Attachments:
    • adele shanbar
      Participant

Hi DD
      Omg. I missed Dave as Dracula. What time was the show? I’ll try to find it
      We are in the high 90’s snd 100 this week with high humidity. It’s going to be disgusting this week. The grass is burnt everywhere. The poor plants are stressed out. Let alone the people!!
      I’m glad your weather is better. I’m hoping ours will change next week
      Bobby is better Still home cause he has to test negative first before going back to work. Still hoping Gary won’t get it😱😵‍💫
      Have a good day!
      Adele

• Dianne Danielson
      Participant

Hi Adele,
      You can find it under Screaming Steals with David on QVC. It aired on July 29th, but I’m not sure when.
      I pulled it up on this oooooold computer of mine so you should be able to find it on yours. If you have QVC/HSN+ you’ll find it. If there was a way for me to forward it I would.
      Tara made a short program on Boo fetti & recipes for Halloween. About 10minutes.
      Enjoy QF
      dd

• adele shanbar
      Participant

Hey DD
      Thank you. I’ll try to find it!!
      I’m going to check the site to see what they have today. L
      Adele

• Gail Norusis
      Participant

Starting a new discussion for August. See you all there.

• Colleen
      Participant

Hi Adele,
      Sorry to hear that Bobby is sick. I hope he gets better soon. Maybe the test was wrong. I hope he can go back to work. You have enough covid in the family. How is Gary doing? I hope he has no signs of covid He sure does not need to get sick again neither do you.
      Well that is about all from here. Have a great night night and stay safe.
      Colleen

• adele shanbar
      Participant

Hi Colleen
      Bobby is disgusted he is still positive cause he feels fine. So far nobody else got sick. Thank God!!
      I made Pesto last night. This is all that is left. Lol
      Today will be the worst day of the week. Yuck
      We need rain so bad. We have to take down the huge pine tree in the edge of the mountain. It is too stressed out snd everyone is afraid it will go down in a storm. If it does, it will take our deck and living room with it 😱
      Hope your day is good!
      Adele

Attachments:
    • Colleen
      Participant

Hi Adele,
      Your pesto looks really good. I can see why there is not much left. I do not make pasta that often. I do not know why we really do like it. I guess that I do not cook that often.
      We finally got more rain. It was a pretty good rain. I am hoping that we get more. I hope maybe some of this will go your way. We have had so much hot weather. I hope that it will cool down a little this heat has been terrible.
      I hope you find someone to cut that pine tree down. If we lived closer Ron could do it for you. He use to work in the woods cutting trees down. He has done it for other people around here.
      Have a great night and stay safe, I will keep praying for Bobby.
      Colleen

• adele shanbar
      Participant

Hi Colleen
      Not one drop if rain up here yet. I’m attaching a pic if security camera. Look how dead the lawn is, and we have a sprinkler system. We have it in every two days to conserve some water.
      The same guy who cut down the front tree gave us a good price in that tree. We’re having it done right after Labor Day when pool is closed
      Pesto is not like cooking at all. All you cook is the pasta. The sauce is put in the food processor in order it says……

4 large or 8 small garlic cloves
      1 cup walnuts
      2 cups basil leaves…..fresh
      1/4 cup Romano cheese
      1 cup Parmesan cheese
      1 cup olive oil

You mix in about 3 tbsp light cream with the pasta after you drain it, then add the pesto sauce. Done!! Not much cooking and very healthy!

Hope you make it. Make sure you get genuine cheeses. Not the fake stuff some supermarkets have
      Have a good day
      Adele

• adele shanbar
      Participant

Pic. Attached. Lol

Attachments:
    • Dianne Danielson
      Participant

Hi Ladies,
      I started a post last night,twice, & lost both of them!!! So I said phooey & shut it down. Anyway, I hope everyone is doing well. I’m fine. Critt’s fine, too. I bought a watermelon the other day so I split it between us & took a container of it over to him for the weekend. We’re in the middle of another heatwave, mini one this time. Tomorrow it’s supposed to be 101, then it’s supposed to cool down the rest of the week, back to normal.
      Gail, I was beginning to wonder if you were okay as I didn’t see the Aug. thread. I was still into July. lol
      Adele, you don’t need to be embarrassed about having Disney. I’ve had Disney since I got cable in the 80s!! I’ve had it for decades! It’s alot different today compared to back then. It was primarily the animated portion of Disney. Disney+ has a bigger variety of programming for adults, & the animated movies for the kids. There’s nothing to be embarrassed about having. Besides I don’t think anybody really cares these days.
      Did you ever find David as Dracula? I’m surprized you can’t find it on your computer. QVC.com should have it on their website. I found it there.
      Your pesto looks good. I’m not good at making pasta.
      Well, I better close before I lose this one too!!
      dd

Attachments:
    • adele shanbar
      Participant

Hi DD
      Glad you and Critt are ok. It’s gross up here too. Well over 90 with high humidity
      Look at my post to Colleen I put the for the pesto in a post to Colleen. The sauce goes in a blender in order and all you do us cook the pasta. It’s real simple
      I never found that piece with David. I wonder if it’s because I use my phone snd not a computer
      Love your pics. They remind us cooler times are ahead! Se you in August posts!!
      Adele

• Gail Norusis
      Participant

Hi DD,
      There is an August thread started. See you there.

Viewing 64 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Share on Facebook
Facebook
Pin on Pinterest
Pinterest
Tweet about this on Twitter
Twitter
Email this to someone
email

Share this with a Smile
X Close
Watch QVC
top finds links QVC LIVE QVC PLUS QVC UK