Chit Chat January 20222022-01-03T11:29:52-05:00

Home Forums General Quacker Chatter Chit Chat January 2022

Viewing 55 reply threads
  • Author
      Participant

Hi Everyone,
      Well here we are another new year. I’m praying for a good one for us all.
      DD your tree is so pretty with the ribbon wrapped around it. I always liked that look but have never done it myself.
      My one tree is a Quacker tree with the majority of the ornaments on it being from the Quacker factory. The sweater and stocking ornaments they sold and also some glass balls and glass figure ornaments that they had at one time when they used to have the Quacker home stuff.
      My other tree is the new tree and when I switched to that one I have only ornaments on it that mean something to us personally so i have things that reflect our hobbies and interests, local sports teams, things that reflect the past year or something I have collected on our travels. This year one of my new ornaments was a vial that looked like a covid vaccine and another that looked like an Amazon box-so it’s kind of a history of us tree.
      When our kids were little their godparents gave them an ornament every year and i have passed those on to them. I see Jenny doesn’t use hers but I hope she at least saved them and Brent has moved so often I don’t know if he still even has his. Their grandmother also made them stockings so I hope they saved those.
      DD I noticed some familiar decorations form the Q-like from Valerie or Mr. Christmas-i have some of the same like those snow globes that look like ornaments and the Santa in the truck. So cute. All your decorations look so pretty and cheerful.
      Adele, covid is rampant everywhere. The Omicron is so easy to catch it seems like every time I turn around I hear someone has it. Thus Greg and I have decided to lay low for the next few months and just go out to do the necessary. I have a doctor’s appointment Wednesday just for a check on the blood pressure meds etc. And that’s all i plan on doing for the next month. Greg will have to drive me because since we had snow there will be no way that I can drive and park and walk on my own. I am still struggling with my knee. it’s gotten a little better but it is a very slow progress. I don’t recommend a Baker’s cyst to anyone. lol
      Adele, I have heard of so many people who had to cancel or delay Christmas because of covid so it almost sounds like you were in the majority. I hope everyone will get negative at the same time so that you can celebrate. I always say it doesn’t matter about the day it just matters about the family getting together. My SIL said her get together was cancelled too because her husband’s son in law got covid so they couldn’t go to their house. They will be going back to Florida soon for the remainder of the winter. They are both very active so they look forward to getting out and about in the warmer weather down there.
      Colleen, has your company left? Are you and Ron exhausted? How did the great grands enjoy Christmas?
      Gail

Attachments:
    • adele shanbar
      Participant

Hey Gailster!
      Another year, another birthday on the way!! 19 more days until I turn 72. God willing!!
      So, it is still gloomy up here. Snow this afternoon, but just on the Cape they are saying. The rest of us get gloom😩😩☃️
      Marissa and the baby,and Pina and the girls are all negative. Thank God! So, if Marissa feels better ( she feels like she has a cold) she will come on Wednesday to celebrate. I’ll see if Steph can come too. But, the boys are back in school and Marissa likes to be home for Santino’s nap. We shall see!
      Gary cancelled his doctors appointment today. He’s too afraid of going where a lot of people are , especially sick ones, and catch covid. He feels he was lucky enough not catching it from me. With the lingering pneumonia, he’s afraid of catching covid.
      What exactly is a bakers cyst? I know you get them every once in a while. They sound awful. How do they go away? I’m sorry you have to deal with this now during winter when things hurt on a good day!
      I am dying to see some of the new shows on TV. Like Steve Harvey as a judge. Tgt should be hysterical! I saw the new comedy about a school. I liked that one too. At least we have something to look forward to !!
      Hope your sun is shining!
      DD…. Love your pictures!!! Take your time putting your decorations away. It looks so empty when they are gone.
      Colleen…. Hope you did not get all the snow that I Saw on our news!!
      Are your kids back in school today too? How your new Itty Bitty doing??
      Hope everyone stays healthy this new year!!!!
      Adele

• Colleen
      Participant

Hi Gail,
      We all deserve to have a good year this year. It seems like last year just brought a lot of misery for all of us. I am ready for good times and fun times with the grand kids.
      Your trees sound really cute. My tree just has Santas on it. We have one that my brother gave us with Santa with a mask on. We put that one in the front guess we will every year now.
      I am sorry to hear that your knee is still bothering you .I hope it gets better soon and you can get around like normal. It is hard when you cannot drive or walk very well. Ron still wants to drive me every where but that is just him. lol
      Everyone is gone now. We got Ethan his cell phone for Christmas and he was really happy about it. His dad took his away from him and gave it to his sister. He is trying to start trouble for all of them and get those two kids fighting. He is really getting to be a mean person. The little ones really enjoyed the day. Grayson was so excited about all the things that he got. We founf him a toy tractor that sounds like a real one and he played with that for a long time .Nova was not all that interested in anything. She did like the lights though. We gave Aliza her first real guitar. You would have thought we gave her a million dollars. She goes to the school of rock music classes and loves it. She plays drums and the guitar there and that is all she is interested. She now has a key board, drum set and the guitar. She started out with the keyboard and decided to play drums. This way she may learn to play all three.
      How was your Christmas? I hope you all enjoyed yourselves.
      Have a great night and stay safe.
      Colleen

• adele shanbar
      Participant

Hi Colleen!
      It sounds like you made great choices for your kids’ presents. You were spot on! That makes a great Christmas memory when the kids live their toys! Go Colleen!
      We didn’t get any snow yesterday. Only the Cape got some. But it is pouring again today. It is to snow on Friday, and we will definitely get some!!
      I better do my shopping with Instacart tomorrow! Lol
      Have a good day!
      Adele

• Colleen
      Participant

Hi Adele,
      They let us know what they wanted for their Christmas this year. Aliza loves music and she loves to sing. She has grandpa tune her guitar for her and help her figure out the strings. As you can tell I know nothing about playing instruments. Ron plays guitar and key board. He does not play as well as he use to arthritis gives him trouble.
      We are supposed to get snow tonight and in the morning. We are hoping that they are wrong and the snow holds off until Friday. We have to get our car fixed tomorrow. Brand new car and it does not run. I hope that they can get it fixed and we do not have to leave it over night. Ron’s buddy is going to follow him to the car lot in case he has trouble. Then he will stay until the car is fixed.
      You have to get your order in right away if you want to get it before it snows. I am glad that you have not gotten any snow yet. How are you and Gary doing? I hope that both of you are feeling better.
      Have a great night and be safe.
      Colleen

• Gail Norusis
      Participant

Hi Adele,
      Did you get Marissa to come over yesterday?
      How is Gary feeling? Did he reschedule his check up?
      We had snow last week and yesterday it was very windy and blowing across the roads so I was glad to have
      Greg drive me to my doctor’s appointment. Everything was fine they just want me to track my BP for a couple weeks in case they need to make a minor tweak to the meds.
      Jenny’s kids are still home from school since there is not enough healthy staff to teach.
      I just want the schools to mandate the shots so then Jenny will get her kids vaxxed. She is asking her kids if they want the shots and they say no. I said of course what kid is going to say please stick a needle in my arm-twice?
      I said maybe this is a decision that she should make not them-I know she thinks I’m nagging her but we will never get rid of this thing if people don’t get vaxxed and maybe the next variant will not be stopped by the shots or is very very strong and will kill us all.
      Oh well-sometimes I just get so frustrated.
      We watched the Steve Harvey show-it was goofy-more like the people on there were goofy. lol
      We like the new American Auto and the new Abbot Elementary. Who knows if any of these shows will make it past the first season. I am liking B positive more and more now that she is running the retirement home. Great cast on that show.
      Some comedies now are not even very funny anymore. I was glad to see The Amazing Race back last night. I didn’t know with covid if it would ever be back since they go to places all around the world. That’s what i like about it seeing all the countries that they went to.
      The Chicago teachers have refused to go back to school and want to teach remotely again but I don’t think that’s the answer either. What a mess!
      Oh you asked about a Baker’s cyst-it’s when you get extra fluid in your knee and for some reason it is very painful. They will usually give you a cortisone shot in the knee and that eventually will relieve it. you will sometimes get the fluid if the knee joint gets irritated. Most doctor’s won’t drain the fluid as it is touchy to do that. I know right before it happened I twisted my knee when I almost fell down the stairs so I’m pretty sure that’s what did it this time.
      it’s feeling better and i hardly need the cane anymore-just to help when I first stand up.
      Gail

Attachments:
    • Gail Norusis
      Participant

Hi Colleen,
      My knee is slowly getting better. Thank goodness. It sure put a damper on my Christmas-but we had a good time anyway.
      It sounds like your kids liked their gifts. I didn’t know Aliza was so musical. That’s fun!
      Yes, I can see how Ethan would be lost without his cell phone-it’s so important for the teens to have them.
      We are really living in another world now. Can you imagine if someone had told us as teens that when we got old people would have a little device that can replace a house phone, can take pictures, can be used to watch movies or videos, can be used to look up the same things that we used to use a dictionary or encyclopedia for and who knows what else. We would have thought it was science fiction and now it’s a part of everyday life.
      We had some snow last week and yesterday it was blowing and drifting. We are just in a real cold spell now.
      I am really glad we had the woodburning stove put into our fireplace a couple of years ago because on those really cold days it keeps the downstairs nice and toasty.
      Today is epiphany so it will be the last night I light our trees but it will still be another couple weeks until my knee will be good enough to take down decorations. Plus i think Greg hurt his back bringing the boxes up and down so I will give him a break before he has to do it again.
      Gail

Attachments:
    • adele shanbar
      Participant

Hi Colleen!
      Aizen gave me only two things he wanted. My mother got one of them as she had no idea what to get.
      Marissa did come with Pina yesterday morning. Santino loved the zebra and got right on it to ride him. It was so funny!
      As it got close to noon, Marissa was feeling worst and worst. They went home and she stayed upstairs at Pina’s because she did not want to be alone. She said she feels better today, as she has taken the antibiotic for two full days. We are all worried about her.
      We are getting snow tomorrow. Up to 6 in.they are saying. This will be our first significant snowfall.
      I hope you did not get too much last night! Also hope they figure out what is wrong with the car, so Ron won’t have to spend all day there!!
      Have a good day!
      Adele

• adele shanbar
      Participant

Hey Gailster!
      So that’s what a Bakers cyst is. Sounds awful. They used to say you have fluid on your knee and drain it. It was very painful to have it drained. I wonder if that was a bakers cyst too. I’m glad your knee if feeling better
      Yes Marissa did finally come. She is still feeling awful. Please read the post to Colleen…. it’s all in there. Lol
      We’re getting snow tonight. Up to 6 in
      Gary is better, and not better. The coughing has lessened. The nurse says she does not hear guidance in his lungs anymore. All good. But, he is still exhausted. Last night he could not sleep and felt like he was choking. So, he slept in his recliner. He was up all night. Today he is even more tired. He’s going to go in his recliner and take a nap
      I feel the same way about Steph and her family. Nobody has a shot. I just don’t get this craziness about the shots. My neighbors son is in intensive care because he, his wife and kids never got shots. All of them have covid accept my neighbor….who got the shot! They all live in the same house
      I love those same shows, accept the Amazing Race I love the actors on B Positive. So many old ones we used to enjoy. We have it recorded to see later.
      So far, our kids are in school. But the absentee rates are through the roof
      Hope your day goes well!

• Gail Norusis
      Participant

Hi Adele,
      I hear kids in Boston are off school today because of the cold. We have had minus degrees overnight for the last few days. It’s supposed to warm back up into the 30’s but then snow again Friday and Saturday. Thus is winter.
      Our kids are supposed to be back in school this week so we’ll see how that goes.
      How is Marissa? You said she was taking an antibiotic so I hope she is better. You didn’t mention what she had.
      How is Gary?
      We just found out our friends in Chicago have covid but they are doing okay as they are up to date on shots. it seems like if you look at someone with Omicron you get it.
      We used to use the regular surgical masks but I just bought some KN95’s for going to the grocery and such. Better to be safe. Although around here there are people in WalMart without masks even though they are supposed to wear them.
      So we have given up going out to restaurants for the next couple months. We are getting to the stage where we have the time and the money to travel but now we are afraid to go anywhere. Life can really be full of surprises and every day we are grateful that we are alive and kicking. Speaking of which my leg is doing much better. I am walking without a cane again so I am happy.
      Gail

Attachments:
    • adele shanbar
      Participant

Hey Gailster!
      Yes Boston was no school. Our kids had school.
      It is below zero here too. It’s freezing out there! It is supposed to get a little warmer in a couple of days.
      We don’t know what’s ring with Marissa she is a little better but not great. She has also been crying. A lot over her mother. I honestly think it is part physical and part grief. She does have a therapist who seems to be very good with her
      You know, everyone was saying how great she was doing dealing with the death of her Mom. I kept saying sooner or later it is going to hit her like a ton of bricks, and here we are.
      She is going for a echo cardio gram on Friday , and will pick up a heart monitor to wear for a 24 hour period. She does have severe asthma, so I am sure that it playing into her nit feeling good too
      Please continue saying a prayer for her please!!
      I feel the same way. I have no intention of going out ther, even though I had covid!! I’m afraid I could catch a different roast than I had.
      We do a lot of take out. That’s fun….. no cooking. Lol. Safer too.
      I hope you have a good night. Some of the new comedies are on tonight!! Have you seen Goid Sam? I like that one too!!
      Take care. Glad your knee is feeling better!
      They just said late Sun into Mon we are getting another storm😩😵‍💫
      Have a good night!
      Adele

• Gail Norusis
      Participant

Hi Adele,
      I will keep praying for Marissa. You could be right-she could be suffering from delayed grief. We all process these things differently. It’s good that she has a therapist too that is working with her. I’m all for taking whatever help is available.
      I’m not sure what show Goid Sam is but I don’t think I have watched it. If it’s an hour show I am probably not watching it. I try not to get involved with more than two hour dramas at a time. It’s just too time consuming. It seems like I always have stuff copied on the DVR that it takes me a long tome to get around to. I guess I don’t watch enough TV lol.
      We have at least had some sunshine this week. It’s supposed to snow tonight but not as much as they originally thought.
      I must say that after two years I am getting tired of staying home. Sometimes I feel like life is passing me by when we don’t even feel comfortable going out to dinner. Hopefully things will even out again and it will be easier to get out and about again.
      You had mentioned that you had stopped driving. Is that because you can’t get in and out of the car? Could you find a vehicle that is easier to get in and out of or are you just beyond that?
      Nothing much going on here. Will probably go see Jenny and the kids for dinner tonight. Last week we played a game with Lachlan that he had gotten for Christmas. I like playing games with the kids.
      Gail

Attachments:
    • adele shanbar
      Participant

Hey Gailster
      She had the echo early this am. They said nothing looked awful and dr will call with results. They gave her the heart monitor, which she now has on for a 24 hour period
      I’m hoping it won’t show anything awful!
      Today is Santino’s second birthday. Imagine! His entire little life has been vivid involved
      Love the pic of the cat on the counter. Lol
      Have fun tonight at Jenny’s. I live playing games with the kids. So much fun!!
      I’m so sore today. A big storm is off the coast. Only the Cape will get snow. But, we’re getting blasted Sunday night into Monday.
      We’re having everyone here Sunday. Going to celebrate 4 birthdays….. Aizen. Santino. Marissa snd me😝☃️
      I don’t think Steph will come. We shall see
      We record the shows we like, and then watch it when nothing we like is on. Sometimes we put some on while we have breakfast… lol. Plus, it’s great to run through all the commercials!! You see a shoe in half the time
      Hope you don’t get too much snow!
      I’ll try to load a pic my neighbor took of a deer on the mountain. I have never seen a deer on our street in 33 years!! Hope it loads. Been having trouble with pics on here lately
      Have a good day
      Adele

Attachments:
    • Gail Norusis
      Participant

Hi Adele,
      Happy Birthday if i missed it already or if it still coming up.
      That is weird that Santino’s whole life has been under covid.
      Just found out that Finn and Isla-the kids cousins who live two doors away and their Dad are all positive for covid and they go back and forth all the time so we won’t be going over to Jenny’s tonight. At least the cousins are all vaxxed whereas Jenny’s kids aren’t so I am worried.
      All my pretty clothes and pretty jewelry are just languishing in the closet as we never go anywhere anymore. lol Some days I just stay in my pajamas and don’t even bother to get dressed. Even my normal optimistic outlook is feeling a little tarnished recently. Oh well.
      We get deer here all the time-I’m surprised this is the first time that you have seen one by you.
      Time for lunch.
      Gail

• adele shanbar
      Participant

Hey Gailster
      My birthday is the 22ond. Lol. I’ll be 72. The age my Dad was when he died. Wow!!
      I don’t blame you for wanting to stay away. You would not want it. It was not fun. I am still getting some after affects. The diaphragm thing happened again the other night…..where if I bent over even slightly, I felt like I was choking.

I wear the Anybody joggers, and when it’s cold, the Quacker velvet pants or Issac Mizrahi velvet pants. On top, I wear a sleeveless mock turtleneck snd a cardigan by Quacker of Isaac Mizrahi. I love Issac’s cardigans. I hate to say it, but hud velvets are more luxurious and snuggly. They are thicker snd softer. Even hud cotton cardigans are more comfy. That is my daily house uniform. If it’s really freezing, I’ll wear a long sleeve velvet top under the cardigan….. Quacker or Issac
      I am just as comfy as PJ’s!! Plus, you feel pretty and dressed. I have people coming here every day. Bunny and Frankie work for us, and then the in home services for Gary…..nurse and PT
      You should get some if the cardigans. You’d love them snuggling on the couch!!
      Luv u
      Adele
      PS. I have seen one or two deer way down the street by Breakheart Reservation. Never on this street. We have coyotes, fox, and the regular critters….. chipmunk, skunk, squirrel, raccoon. Lol

• adele shanbar
      Participant

Omg…., the typos!!! Hope you can figure them out!!

• Gail Norusis
      Participant

Hi Adele,
      I wear the anybody jogger pants too. I’m not crazy about layering and i don’t like turtlenecks. I have several of those cuddle duds fleece cardigans so if I am chilly I wear those. Also when i am just sitting in front of the TV i have lots of Berkshire blanket throws. I like the Snoopy ones as i have always been a fan of Snoopy and Woodstock.
      Since there is no one over here but us anymore it doesn’t matter what i wear around the house-I could walk around naked. lol But then i would really be cold. lol Heck half the people in Walmart are there in their pajamas-although i would never do that.
      Lot’s of my pajamas look like clothes anyway with as casual as things are now a days. I think I have one Isaac cardigan and it’s very nice.
      I do feel better when I actually put on clothes though. Although i must say when I am home many days I skip the bra. Were they always so uncomfortable or am I just old and don’t like anything too constricting. And i have never worn an underwire-I don’t know how women stand those things especially if they are thin and have no extra fat padding. lol I swear women’s undergarments were invented by men to torture us.
      Today is Kendall’s 14th birthday-where does the time go? And also my hairstylists 49th birthday.
      Of course we aren’t seeing the kids this weekend because of their covid exposure. I emailed Jenny this morning and asked how they were feeling but don’t have an answer yet. I texted Kendall Happy Birthday. I got a thanks back. She’s a woman of few words-lol-especially to adults-except jenny’s boyfriend Ricky-she talks to him more than anyone.
      have a good Sunday-no more Bears games for us as they are out of it all.
      Gail

• adele shanbar
      Participant

Hey Gailster
      I love comfy cuddly clothes!! I have not been wearing bras either. I have Berkshire blankets I got for everyone. I have two if the Snoopy ones. Love them.
      Too bad you couldn’t see the kids today. Covid is affecting everything
      Marissa took the zebra home today. The dog doesn’t like her. Luna barked and growled at him. Lol
      We’re getting another storm tonight. Yuck. Snow to rain, they are saying
      Hope you stay warm and snuggly!!
      Adele

• Gail Norusis
      Participant

Hi Adele,
      You know it seems like since our group got smaller the last two years there has been even less posting on here. I wonder if we should just abandon it all together and just send private emails to keep in touch.
      I kept hoping for the longest time that we would add more posters over time but it just doesn’t seem to have happened.
      At one point we were even greeting new people that signed on and inviting them to join us.
      I think interest in Quacker has also waned over time and not that many people are buying as there used to be.
      What a shame. I know prices have risen but the quality is still good and the items are pretty. Of course the younger generation is not into embellishments and such-they are more streamlined-so it is us older folks keeping the line going.
      So this morning we get up and the pipes are frozen in the master bath even though we have the in floor heating. Come to find out that Greg didn’t close the garage door last night and with the extreme cold getting into the garage which the bathroom is over the pipes got too gold. So Greg was not a happy camper this morning since he had to go out to the barn and get the propane heater and warm up the garage so the pipes would loosen.
      We are okay now but it it sure didn’t help his mood this morning. So we will have to remember to check the garage door before we go to bed at night. Sometimes the door on his side will go down but pop back up so you have to stand there and watch and make sure it closes. He thought he had it adjusted right but it’s doing it again now.
      I haven’t heard from Jenny this week except on Sunday so I guess they must all be okay so we will be able to go see them tomorrow.
      We had the guy come by yesterday as we need a new water softener-the one we have has been here since we built the house which is over 20 years ago and water softeners are only supposed to last ten or so years so we are due. it’s weird as the guy who does it went to school with Brent and Jenny. He stayed in town and went into his Dad’s business after he graduated. So we are really seeing things come full circle.
      I hope you are well, and that Gary is doing better and that Marissa is well.
      Are you cooking for the birthday celebrations or ordering in. What’s your favorite birthday cake?
      Gail

Attachments:
    • Colleen
      Participant

Hi Gail and Adele,
      This site has always lost posters and then new ones come on. It takes awhile sometimes but they usually come on here. I think that some of the problem is they have a chat page on face book. They just cut the ones out that do not go on there. I guess they are not interested in keeping all of us on here.
      Sounds like everyone has been busy. Has anyone heard from DD lately? I worry about her. She is by herself and I worry about her being safe. I am glad that she has a good friend like Critt. At least they have dinner together and just visit.
      Sounds like everyone is having bad weather. We were supposed to have sleet or freezing rain but we did not get any of it. I was glad of that. We did get the really cold weather. Ron bought me an electric blanket because I am so cold all the time. It was funny when he gave it to me.
      I am getting so desperate that I am watching cops and cops reloaded. They are interesting how these criminals think that they can get away with all this stuff.
      I hope everyone’s families are doing okay. We are doing fine here. Just the cold is getting us all down. There is not much going on. Have a great night and stay safe.
      Colleen

• adele shanbar
      Participant

Hello Gailster
      Lots going on here!
      We are changing payroll companies, and that has been a daily list of things to do on line, some of which did not work…. Probably my fault with their technology!!
      Amanda is leaving in an hour for her two week Europe adventure. I’m a wreck. Bobby came home and said he talked to the head of customs at the airport, and he said all the places she is going will be like going to NH….. accept one….. France. He said to watch it there. Bobby says we got it covered. He has two friends in England he used to work with, and I have my cousin in Germany.
      Bobby has her entire itinerary and schedules. So we are good. I’m still nervous. Marissa will track her plane with someApp she has. Lol
      Aren’t we all crazy??? Amanda is moving too far out of the nest for comfort😩🥴😵‍💫
      Now on to covid…. Pina is sick and positive. The twins( Enzo’s sisters) one is sick and one is not. They, as well as Marissa tested inconclusive. The website said this means they have virus present, but not enough for a positive They all need to be tested again in a couple of days. Santino tested negative
      Sooooo….. no birthday visit for me this weekend. I’m 0 and 2. No Christmas no birthday!!
      Poor Pina got sick on her birthday!! We were commiserating at how everyone treats you when you get covid…..like a prisoner who is too violent to visit !! They told her to stay in her bedroom. They will bring her what she needs with masks and gloves on. I sent over my finger thingie that measures oxygen. I told her how to use it and make sure her finger is warm to get an accurate reading
      Santino called today to tell us he loved us. He does not quite understand why he can’t go upstairs to see Nonna and the TT’s… his word for aunties
      My birthday is tomorrow. We did celebrate all the January birthdays last week. We had everyone’s favorite….. Chinese and Carvel cake
      The day before, Marissa had a party with Curious Creatures…. animals for the children to touch. It was at Enzo’s cousins… all his family went. Bobby would not go, and not Amanda either because they were afraid of covid. ( I think they made a good decision) There are funny pics of Santino and a gross snake. He was fascinated by it. Yuck.
      I think that was all. At least it was enough to write about for now!
      What you said is true. Peoples interest in this page is waning. Even DD does not post as much anymore. We took a big hit with the loss of Barbara and Sue. Left us all sad too. I hope the three of us last for at least another 10 years!!
      Let’s see if Colleen and DD have an opinion😵‍💫😵‍💫
      Luv u guys!!
      Adele

• adele shanbar
      Participant

Hi Colleen
      I wrote a book to Gail…. Please read it for all the news!
      Our weather has been very strange. We had single digits last night and today. Before that, we broke records It was in the 40’s. We were supposed to get a snow storm. It ended up rain. Today the snow storm stayed in the ocean, and only Cape Cod and the city of Gloucester and town of Rockport got any. They are up more north from her It takes about 45 minutes to drive to Gloucester.
      The sun is shining, but it’s freezing out there
      It sounds like you don’t want to end the site. I can go either way…. continue here, or private email. I’m on the fence…. Lol.
      Please read the post to Gail it has lots of info. Lol
      Luv
      Adele

• Colleen
      Participant

Hi Adele,
      I hope that Marissa has a really good time on her trip. Did she go with a friend? I hope that she did. It is nice that you know people in other countries. At least she will be able to see people that are expecting her. That will make her feel a little more welcome.
      You will have to wait and have a day when everyone is better and have a big celebration. You can celebrate Christmas, your birthday and everyone being well. This has got to end.
      I hope Pina will be well soon. That has really been running thru your family. We have had a few cases in Ron’s family but they are all doing fine now. This has to end soon.
      I just want to keep in touch with everyone. We have been friends for such a long time. So if we start chatting together thru our regular e-mail it will work for me. I think that I have just been on this site for such a long time. It will be hard to see it stop. Angel and Patrick use to get on here and then they both moved over to face book and do not bother with us on here much. It is a shame that they do not just put short messages on here so more people will come on here. Jeanne was really happy about starting this site it would b a shame to let it go.
      We are supposed to get a break in the really cold weather. It was 2 when we got up this morning. It got warmer as the day went on. We are supposed to get more snow one day next week. It will not be bad as the weather will not get that cold.
      Well that is about all from here. Have a great day and stay safe.
      Luv
      Colleen

• adele shanbar
      Participant

Hi Colleen
      It’s Amanda who went to Rurope. Lol. I stayed up until her plane landed and I texted her to make sure she was ok. She went for “High Tea” at some fancy place today. She said it was the best Earl Grey tea she has ever tasted! I’ll try to attach a pic she sent of a musician playing piano while they waited to be seated, snd the nice table setting
      Amanda did go with a friend. Thank God!
      Marissa’s MIL Pina has covid. Her twin daughters, Enzo’s sisters tested inconclusive, as well as Marissa. This means covid was present, but not enough to declare positive. They have to be tested in a couple of days again, and it will end up being positive. Marissa and one of the sisters are sick. So it’s pretty clear they have it.
      The amount of covid in the family is crazy right now. Amanda told me she talked to Steph and she said Aizen was sick
      This seems like it will never end!!
      I hope everyone is ok at your neck of the woods!!
      It’s freezing here too!
      Luv u
      Adele

• Gail Norusis
      Participant

Happy Birthday, Adele!

Attachments:
    • adele shanbar
      Participant

Thank you Gailster!!!!
      Luv u
      Adele

• Dianne Danielson
      Participant

Hi Ladies,
      HAPPY BIRTHDAY, ADELE!!! Sorry I’m late. I hope you had a wonderful day.
      How’s the weather out there. Are you getting snowed under? Ours has taken off & left the area. We are now under “stagnant air” alert for the next few days. The skies are clear now but they’re saying that
      “smog” will be evident next week. The temps will be in the 50s all week but cold at night, down into the 30s. That’s probably warm compared to your low temps.
      So, ladies, has anyone heard or read a blog about some hosts being fired recently? I read a post on FB I think it was, this person was unhappy with the new hosts & was upset they fired others. I know they’ve been rotating the hosts around more than they used to. I’m trying to figure out who was fired. Last I heard was Antonella, Stacy, & Gabriell (sp). I’m always the last to know anything, it seems.
      Nothing’s been going on out here to speak of. Staying safe or trying to anyway.
      I don’t know what’s going on but I used to get notices on my phone that your posts came through. I could read em on my phone. But I haven’t seen any of your posts in quite some time now. I just assumed because I didn’t see any coming through that you weren’t posting. Then I get on here & there’s a ton of posts I haven’t seen.
      I think some of my absence is due to the let down after the holidays. They flew by so fast & were over so fast it was a big let down. I have a couple things still out, like a bowl of blue ornaments to signify winter. Otherwise I’m putting out my spring stuff, slow but sure. I put out a temptations baking dish that has purple fetti in it. I can’t think of the name of it. It’s from a long time ago. anyway, snowball is curled up in it as I speak. I’ll try to send the pics of her in it.
      Well, that’s about all I have for tonight. Take care, stay safe, stay warm, & stay well!!!!
      dd & Furball

Attachments:
    • Dianne Danielson
      Participant

HI again,
      I couldn’t find my pics of Furball. I may have to email them so you can see her.
      dd

• Colleen
      Participant

Hi Adele,
      Sorry I put the wrong name. I am not good with names. Sounds like she is having a good time already. I hope it all works out foe her and she enjoys all the sites.
      The flu is going around here. People get sick and they get tested and they do not have covid. So we know that it is the flu. Brook and the kids came over today. It was nice to see the babies. Grayson is talking really well. He was teasing his mom she told him she loved him and he says I love you Santa. He just grinned because he knew what his mom wanted him to say. He is such a character. The baby is so pretty. She had an upset stomach today. I think that she drank her bottle too fast and it made her get sick. She would not take her bottle and we could not figure out why. Then I looked at it and noticed that it was not going down any the nipple was clogged. So we cleaned that out and she really started drinking.
      Everyone here is doing fine. It seems like it is bad in a lot of places but we are doing ok here right now. I hope it just keeps going around us and doesn’t stop here. I am praying that everyone over your way gets better soon. I know this is hard on all of you. This will pass and I think soon.
      Well that is about all from here. Have a nice night and stay safe.
      Luv
      Colleen

• Colleen
      Participant

Hi DD,
      It is really good to hear from you. I was worried that something was wrong. I am glad that you just weren’t getting the e-mails and it was not covid. It seems like Adele’s family is have more then their share of it.
      This crazy weather. You can never tell what is going to happen next. We are finally warming up a little here. We are supposed to get some snow next week so we will have to wait and see. We have had snow here once lately and we are waiting for the next round of snow. At least the weather is not to be as cold as it was. I like snow as long as we do not have to drive in it.
      It just seems like after the holidays everything just got really dull. We had so much company and after it was over it was a let down. I am ready to go places and enjoy ourselves. We were going to go out of town just to get away but that did not work out for us. So we are planning on going next fall. I want to see Branson when all the lights are up for Christmas. They say that is is so pretty and a lot of people go just to see the lights.
      Well that is all from here. Have a good night and stay safe.
      Colleen

• adele shanbar
      Participant

Hi DD
      So glad to hear from you. Don’t forget to check the box to notify you of posts!!
      We are cold then warm. It has been very strange. No snow. An occasional dusting
      We heard you have an “ off season fire” yhst effects your air. This is awful!
      I’m glad you are ok snd not sick. Everyone out here is getting it. Marissa, Pina snd the twins have it. The baby and Enzo do not
      I am making them a pot of soup today
      Thank you for the birthday wishes!!
      Luv u
      Adele

• adele shanbar
      Participant

H Colleen!
      No need to be sorry. We have so many names attached to all of us, who could remember them all!! Lol
      I’m glad you got to spend time with your grands. The poor baby! Thank God you checked the nipple of the bottle. That’s what grandmothers are for.
      I’m making a pot of soup for all the covid patients today Bobby will drop it off for me, I’m sure. If not, we leave it on the back deck, and Enzo will come and get it.
      So far, Enzo and Santino are not sick. Thank God!
      Well. Yesterday we decided to get a treat for my birthday. Kane’s donuts. Last time Gary got them it was Memorial Day and the new price increase got him real mad…..cost 37.00. I tell you, when we moved here in 1988, they cost 7.50 a dozen.
      We got 14 donuts, through Uber Eats. they charged 13.00 extra for delivery. It was a fee to Kane’s. We have free delivery from Uber Eats cause we pay a monthly fee. Well, the 14 donuts cost 74.93!!!! I got 14 to make sure everyone got a chance to have their favorite one! We did have enough for two breakfasts. But, that was an exceptionally crazy price!!! We won’t be doing that again for a very, very long time!!!!
      They are the best donuts you ever tasted, but no donut is worth 5.00!!!!😩😵‍💫
      Do you have any crazy prices like that near you??
      Hope you have a good day. It’s freezing up here. No snow!!!☃️☃️
      Luv u
      Adele

• Colleen
      Participant

Hi Adele,
      That is really nice that you are making the soup for the sick people. They will really appreciate it. I hope that they are all better soon and Enzo and the baby do not get sick.

I have never heard of donuts being that much money. Wow they must be good if they can charge that much. I am glad that you enjoyed them and that would be the last ones I bought also if it was me. I know that prices are getting higher but that is too high.

It is cold here also but no snow here either. Prices are getting higher but not that high. We do not have a bakery or donut shop anywhere close to us. We have to drive to St. Louis if we want to go to a bakery we have to go to St. Louis. They do have bakery’s in the grocery stores so we have to buy anything we want from there.
      Well that is all from here. Have a good night and stay safe.
      Luv
      Colleen

• adele shanbar
      Participant

Hi Colleen!!
      Bobby delivered the soup to Marissa’s yesterday evening. She was happy cause she didn’t feel good.
      I hope she feels better today. So far the baby and Enzo are ok.
      I was disgusted with the price they charged. It will be a cold day in hell before I get those again! I am sho cvs Jed st how many people continue to buy them.
      We had a dusting of snow last night. Cold up here but not too bad. Lol
      Hope you have a good day. There is a new show on tonight that looks good…. promised Land. Something to look forward to!
      Adele

• Gail Norusis
      Participant

Hi DD,
      It’s going to be cold here tonight. Minus 14 is what they are saying.
      Greg is making a fire in the wood burner as we speak.
      You know I haven’t gotten notices from this site for years-whether I check the box or not. I used to get an email if someone had responded to a post and then they changed the website and I got nada. I even had James look into it way back when and he could find no reason why I didn’t get them so I just gave up. I used to like getting them too because I could just open the email and it would bring me straight here with no middle man.
      It just seems as we age the holidays and every other day just fly by. Some days I feel like I have just gotten up and it’s already two o’clock.
      Snowball really has herself crammed into that bowl. lol
      I just saw some pictures posted on the QVC site that showed people in the bathroom with their pants down and the cat was curled up in their pants. I’ll have to see if I can go back and copy them. They were funny.
      Gail

Attachments:
    • Gail Norusis
      Participant

Hi Colleen,
      We had some snow the last couple of days-not a lot but enough where Greg had to plow. Now we are supposed to get very cold for a few days. I hope our master bath water won’t freeze again. We will have to double check that the garage is closed before we go to bed.
      Nothing much is going on here either. There always seems to be a lull after the holidays. Plus due to omicron we have decided to stay close to home for the time being. I’m hoping closer to spring it will be safer to be out and about.
      Grayson sounds very funny. I forgot the new baby’s name-is it Nova? I know it is something a bit unusual.
      I can’t believe you have to go all the way to Saint Louis for a real bakery.
      We used to have one in town and then it closed up and then within a couple of years it reopened. I ordered a cake and some cookies from there at Christmas and it was tasty. They decorated the cake really cute. I was happy. I know previously I had ordered some QVC cakes for Christmas but the kids didn’t really like them-so from now on I will order from the bakery in town. It’s cheaper too.
      Gail

Attachments:
    • Gail Norusis
      Participant

Hi Adele,
      How are all the covid patients doing?
      It’s true-when people have covid no one wants to be around them and they get confined to their room like bad little kids. Just imagine how the lepers used to feel. They got shipped off to an island.
      I hope Amanda has a wonderful time. How I wish I had traveled and seen the world when I was young. It’s a great learning experience to see how other people live and learn about their cultures. I know you are a worrier but something could happen if she was next door to you too. She is out making a lifetime of memories now. What countries is she visiting and why did they say France was bad.
      Heck when Brent was in high school we let him got to Africa twice-once to Kenya and South Africa and once to Egypt. You just have to be aware and keep your wits about you.
      I love that Santino says Nonna and the TT’s-that is so cute. It could be a singing group. lol Jenny has a friend named Teri and we often call her TT-in fact the grands have always called her that. it makes me smile.
      Kendall and Piper got their covid shots last Sunday. We are so relieved. Now Lachlan needs to get his. I can’t believe that Jenny lets the kids decide-I said that’s like letting them decide whether to smoke cigarettes or not. Some decisions should be made for the kids. it’s not like asking them what they want for dinner. Anyway, it’s going in the right direction.
      That was nice of you to send a pot of soup over to the sick folks. No one feels like cooking when they are sick.
      Even though it’s bitter cold at least we have some sun today. I’m trying to look on the bright side. lol
      Gail

Attachments:
    • adele shanbar
      Participant

Hey Gailster
      Those pics are hysterical!!
      Well… the sick people are getting better and have not spread it to anyone else. But, they are all still sick. Marissa’s enjoyed the soup. She even said it was good. Lol
      Amsnda is going to : England. France. Germany. Amsterdam. Visit my cousin in Waldenburg, Germany. Switzerland. Vienna. Prague. Berlin. Iceland They are coming home from Iceland.
      So far, when they went to Amsterdam they missed the train to Paris and had to stay the night. She sent pics from High Tea in England and said it was the best Earl Grey tea she ever tasted. Lol. Also sent pics from the cathedral in England She took done fabulous shots. She has a good eye for photography.
      I’m praying every night they stay safe and Putin stays on his side of the border!!
      We’re preparing for a big storm this weekend. It’s going to be a doozy
      I hope DD stays warm!!!
      Hope everyone is ok and well
      Luv u guts
      Adele

• Gail Norusis
      Participant

Hi Adele,
      I’m so glad that everyone is starting to feel better. You cured them with your soup.
      Wow-Amanda is covering a lot of territory. She will be tired when she gets home.
      Somehow since i got up this morning and the temp was 15 below the thought of going to Iceland just doesn’t thrill me. I feel like we are in Iceland right now.
      It sounds like a wonderful trip although she will just touch the surface seeing that many places in such a short time. But it will be the trip of a lifetime. I am so envious.
      We have many friends that have been all over the world and I feel a little bad when they talk of the places they have been. I feel kind of sheltered.
      We just never got many chances to get away as Greg spent so many years helping to build a business.
      One of the reasons I like to read is that it takes me to many times and many places even if i am just picturing those places in my mind.
      I don’t think you have to worry much about Putin as Ukraine is in eastern Europe and Amanda’s travels are in western Europe.
      I hear that the coast may be getting a big storm coming up. It sounds like it is dependent on if it turns inland or goes out to sea.
      I was surprised they had school here today as I remember when our kids were in school they would cancel it on extreme cold mornings like this. You have all these buses going out into the country and if they would break down or something you would have kids on a broken bus in extreme temperatures stranded-so they used to cancel. I guess people were complaining though because the kids are on the buses with the windows cracked because of covid rules in these arctic temperatures.
      Only Kendall takes the bus-Jenny drives the other two plus they live in town.
      I hope everyone continues to get better.
      Gail

Attachments:
    • adele shanbar
      Participant

Hey Gailster
      Not so good news here. Santino has covid. He tested yesterday the same as his mother did last week. Inconclusive….. means he has virus present but not enough for positive. He’ll text again and be positive. He was sneezing, and vomited in his bed last night. He took a very long nap today, which is not like his cuteness
      I could scream. We have a blizzard coming. If that baby needs help it won’t be easy n please say a prayer he gets a mild case. Marissa is watching him very carefully
      Amanda is in Paris today. She went to the Eiffel Tower and we don’t know where else. I do know she wanted to go to the art museum. I hope she was able to
      Tomorrow she will be with my cousin in Germany. They are dying to meet her!!!
      You are so right. I am a worry wart especially with the kids. When she said he had covid, all I could think of is his needing help to breathe in the middle of a blizzard!!
      He is a strong little guy. I hope he gets over this quick
      We got our food shopping done today through Instacart. From the supermarket and meat store. So we are all set for food. 😵‍💫☃️😩☃️🥴☃️☃️☃️☃️☃️
      Adele
      PS. Hope everyone is warm and safe!!!!

• Gail Norusis
      Participant

Hi Adele,
      Poor little Santino. I will say extra prayers for a speedy recovery. I too would be worried about him and the coming storm.
      I hope this will be one of those times when the forecasters are all wrong and the storm just fizzles out.
      How are the people at Steph’s house doing-I remember you saying that Aizen had been sick.
      I was just thinking that it is too bad that they are still repairing Notre Dame so Amanda won’t be able to visit there.
      I remember my mother saying that when she went to the Louvre that it is so crowded in front of the Mona Lisa that you can barely see it.
      I’m glad that you have all your supplies in and are ready for the storm.
      How have you been feeling? And how is Gary?
      They just upped my blood pressure medication as the bp was creeping back up.
      My knee is better but not quite back to normal yet. There is still some cracking in there when I get up.
      Stay safe-stay warm. Sending prayers.
      Gail

• adele shanbar
      Participant

Ong!!!
      We’re getting more than 24 in!!! Blizzard conditions too
      I gave all food shopping done. Bought 4 big bags of ice melt. Baby getting gas for snow blower tonight
      Santino is sneezing and stuffy so far. Praying that will be all he gets!!
      Marissa still coughing and very tired. Pina snd Italia the same
      Have not heard more on Aizen. He must be ok.
      Amanda is having a ball. She was with my cousin today. She loved her!!
      Hope you guys are all ok
      Blood pressure is a weird thing. Goes up and down. Glad you are in it!!! Please stay well
      Adele

• Colleen
      Participant

Hi Gail and Adele,
      I am so sorry that Satino has covid. I hope he gets over it soon. I think that kids get over this faster then adults. I just pray that they all get over this soon. Poor little guy.
      That is not good that you are getting all that snow. I am glad that you got your groceries and do not have to worry about that. This weather is really crazy this time of the year. We have been really cold here in the single digits. It has finally started to warm up.
      That is really nice that Amanda is having such a good time and enjoying her time with your cousin. It must be exciting to go to all the different countries. It is a fast trip but exciting. How much longer will she be gone? The time must be going really fast for her.
      Gail, thanks for posting all the memes we all need to be cheered up. The weather is cold and we are all stuck in the house because nobody wants to go out in the cold.
      Have you gotten any more snow? We had a little but that is all and that was a couple of weeks ago. They said it was going to snow this morning but it went around us. I really would like to have one good snow but we will not get anymore.
      I have never had the urge to travel out of the country. I do not fly so that makes a difference. My brother and his wife traveled all over and would bring pictures home and show us. That was enough for me.
      How are all of your family? I hope all are doing ok. How is Brent and his girlfriend? Are they going to try and come home this summer? It would be nice if they did.
      Well That is about all from here. Not been doing much so pretty boring around here.
      Colleen

• adele shanbar
      Participant

Hey Colleen!!
      Amsnda comes home on Feb 6th. She’s disappointed she us missing the storm. Lol
      We are getting at least 24 in…. Possibly more. Blizzard conditions. It’s going to be a mess. Possibly bigger than the Blizzard of 78!!!
      Santino is doing ok so far. He has the sniffles and sneezes. No fever. I pray he stays that way!!! Thank you for the prayers
      Hope everyone is ok. Please say a prayer we keep our electricity!!!
      ☃️☃️🤓😵‍💫😩☃️☃️
      Adele

• Gail Norusis
      Participant

Hi Colleen,
      You’re welcome about the memes. We do need a laugh. It’s good for the soul.
      I guess I read so many books over my lifetime that I wanted to see the places that I read about in person but alas that is not to be.
      I guess if you don’t fly it would be hard to travel outside the country. It kind of ticks me off that Jenny has made her kids not want to fly because she is afraid-so now they all say that they will not fly. It’s weird too as she flew with us when she was a kid. She just got more fearful as an adult but I wish she hadn’t made the kids afraid too.
      You know I wonder if they still have ships that make trans-Atlantic crossings like they did in the old days before air planes. I suppose they do but they are probably expensive and probably there are not as many crossings as there are air flights.
      The family is good. We got to see Jenny and the kids on Friday after missing them for a couple of weeks because of covid exposures. I don’t think this will ever end in our lifetimes. I think there will be times of more of it around and times of less of it around but I think it will always be here for the near future. We will have to get yearly shots like the flu and probably have to be cautious at certain times of year more than others. I don’t think we’ll ever see our doctor’s without a mask again.
      As far as I know Brent and Tynasha and Isaiah will be coming here sometime in the summer. The plans are not firm yet.
      Gail

Attachments:
    • Gail Norusis
      Participant

Hi Adele,
      I hope that you have power so that you can read this.
      How is Santino?
      They said Boston got almost two feet of snow so I’m guessing that you got pretty much the same.
      You will be snuggled in your house for a long time. Glad that you got your food supplies in.
      I’ll bet Marissa is more than glad to miss the blizzard.
      It sounds like she is having a great time.
      I guess Bobby will be doing a lot of snow blowing. Thank goodness he is there otherwise you guys would be stuck. It’s too far to send Greg with his plow. lol
      I hope you are making something good to keep everyone warm and cozy.
      Gail

Attachments:
    • adele shanbar
      Participant

Hello Gailster and everyone!!
      We did not lose electricity. Thank God. Made Shepard’s Pie for supper. I’ll try to attach pics again.
      The snow was up to Bobby’s waist out back. I photo shopped some security pics. Lol
      Bobby snow blow led once last night and went out this am to finish the clean up. He does a really good job!!
      We got 24 inches. There is one town in Mass that got over 30 inches. Wow is lol I can say
      All the sick people are better. Santino never got a fever or got worst. Thank God!!!
      Amanda actually said she felt bad she was missing the blizzard. Lol. She did not even see snow in Switzerland!!
      I’ll try to attach pics…
      Stay warm! Glad you got to see the kids this weekend
      Adele

Attachments:
    • Colleen
      Participant

Hi Gail,
      I understand where Jenny is coming from. Flying is really scary. My kids are not afraid to fly none of them are. The grand kids fly also. They always tell me that I need to fly and I just laugh. Jenny’s kids will get over that once they fly somewhere they will like it unless the plane has some type of trouble. Then they may be scared for life.
      I have never checked on going by ship. The only time that I ever wanted to go on a ship is when Quacker factory was doing the cruises. That might have been fun.
      We are having a birthday dinner for Grayson Tuesday and we ordered him a cake. We had a tractor put on the cake. He loves tractors so he will be more excited about the tractor on the cake then he will be about the cake. He is so funny.
      I am glad that you got to see Jenny and the kids. It is hard when you do not get to see them for awhile. We have seen just about seen all our grand kids. Birthdays are coming up for them. We celebrated Aliza’s birthday and now we are celebrating Grayson’s and them March it will be Owen’s and then we get a short break and It will be Ethan’s. I like this time of year it is the best time other then Christmas. We get to see all the kids.
      I hope that it is wrong and covid will go away. Our kids need to go back to normal. I am tired of looking at people with a mask. I do not like going out to eat and see the waitress with a mask.
      Well that is all from here. Have a great night and stay safe
      Colleen

• Dianne Danielson
      Participant

Hi Ladies,
      I’m glad to hear you didn’t lose power Adele. I hope everyone is doing well. I think I told you we were under a stagnant air alert all week. However, I’m not sure where they got their info. We got dense fog for several days, but it was gone by noon & we had clear skies. Normally when we have stagnant air it’s like smog & you can see it hanging around. then the East winds showed up & they said we still had stagnant air, which makes no sense to me. Wind clears the air. But the rain has returned so now the air is clear, for sure.
      One of my neighbors has to go into assisted living so her family was here this weekend to clean her apt out. They were letting her neighbors have whatever we could use. I got her full size bed, & her little rocking chair, & her dresser & night stand. I was cleaning up after we got it all in & I took a fall while vacuuming. No injuries, just exasperated. Snowball isn’t pleased with the new arrangement. She was out in the hall under a chair supervising everything.
      Well, it’s getting late so I’ll close for now.
      Take care, stay safe, stay warm, & stay well.
      dd & Snowball

Attachments:
    • Dianne Danielson
      Participant

Hey Ladies,
      There’s a QF show on tomorrow (Monday) check your local listings. I think it’s in the afternoon ET time.
      dd

• Colleen
      Participant

Hi Adele,
      You sure got a lot of snow. You will be house bound for awhile. I love the look of snow after it first falls and it is on the trees and the ground. It is rough when it is on the roads though.
      You are so lucky that you have Bobby to clean the walk ways and drive for you. He is such a good son. How is Tillie? I hope she is doing okay. Has she bought any new quacker lately? I have not bought anything since Christmas.
      Read the post to Gail for all the latest on what is going on. How are all of you doing? Is Gary doing ok? I hope that you are both over being sic and covid has moved on.
      Sounds like Amanda is really having fun. It is a shame that she missed the snow she sounds like she really likes it.. When will she be coming home. It will be soon won’t it. This will be a trip she will never forget.
      That is about all from here. Have a great night and stay safe.
      Colleen

• adele shanbar
      Participant

Hi DD
      That was very nice of her family to give away what they did not need. A
      Bigger bed gives you more room to relax!
      I’m glad your air cleared up. Nit good to have bad air to breathe😩
      It’s very icy up here. Every city around us cancelled school but us! They said on the news thst accidents are everywhere
      I hope Snowball gets used to the new furniture!!
      Hope your weather is good.
      I hope you did nit hurt yourself when you fell. What happened??
      Luv u
      Adele

• adele shanbar
      Participant

Thank you DD
      I will check the schedule!!

• adele shanbar
      Participant

Hey Colleen
      We are very lucky to have Bobby. He does all the “ heavy lifting” for the old folks. Lol
      Amanda comes back in the 6th. No idea what time yet. Today she is in Vienna. She was eating supper when she texted me. They wanted to see a museum but couldn’t because it was closing in a half hour. Nit sure if she will go back tomorrow
      She has spent a lot of time on trains, going between the countries. I wonder if she is tired.
      We got about 24 inches. They did not give the total for our Town. But Boston got 23.8 and Swampscott on the other side of us got 26.4. So we have to be somewhere around those two totals. Lol
      Everyone says it’s a mess out there. Lots of ice patches and tons of accidents this morning in the news. I was shocked our kids had school. Every community around us had none!!
      Hope your weather is good!
      Everyone who had covid is recovered. So far, nobody else got it. I hope nobody else will!!
      Stay safe and warm!!!
      Oh….. I got Tillie the pretty velvet tops with glitter. I have to return them because she says they itch her. I also have to return the velvet cardigans I got her from Isaac Mizrahi. She said they bother her skin too. Now ai have to figure out what to get her for Christmas all over again. Lol
      Adele

• Gail Norusis
      Participant

starting a new discussion for February. January really flew by.

• adele shanbar
      Participant

Ok. Gailster!!

Viewing 55 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Share on Facebook
Facebook
Pin on Pinterest
Pinterest
Tweet about this on Twitter
Twitter
Email this to someone
email

Share this with a Smile
X Close
Watch QVC
top finds links QVC LIVE QVC PLUS QVC UK