Chit Chat for October 20222022-10-01T19:07:48-04:00

Home Forums General Quacker Chatter Chit Chat for October 2022

Viewing 36 reply threads
  • Author
      Participant

Hi Everyone,
      I hope things are well. Fall is approaching. Days are getting shorter and cooler. I have to say I am not looking forward to winter.
      The poor people in Florida really got hit bad. My SIL has a place in Naples but I think they are enough inland that things at their condo are okay.
      We were in northern Wisconsin last week. The guys were supposed to muskie fish with the guide for two days but they cancelled after the first day as it was cold and wet. Greg did catch and release a 45 inch muskie so they did catch something.
      I think this is the first time my friend and I didn’t go out shopping as with my knee I am not up for a lot of walking.
      But we had a great visit anyway-ate and drank too much but it was fun and relaxing.
      Looking forward to seeing Brent later this month.
      I could use some prayers for my brother as he had a stroke recently. He is now in a rehab center. He was also recently diagnosed with cirrhosis and no one knows why as he has never been a drinker or had hepatitis so they are stumped as to what is the cause. Hopefully they will come up with some answers.
      We saw the kids last night. Jenny was at a wine pairing party but we went over and got pizza and visited with the kids and Ricky until she got home. Lachlan was going to spend the weekend with his Dad. he has been spending a lot of time there since this summer.
      I guess the two of them sit around and eat junk food and play video games and watch movies. perfect guy stuff. lol
      Colleen, I hope you had a good visit with Christine.
      Adele, are you baking this fall?
      DD how’s Snowball. Are you getting really warm weather again? I thought I heard that.
      Gail

Attachments:
    • adele shanbar
      Participant

Hey Gailster
      Everyone is ok. Gary took a fall in the bathroom. I have no idea how, but I was able to get him up by pulling him up by his arm. I swear it was an Angel who helped me because I don’t have that strength!! Divine intervention, I am calling it
      No baking for me. The oven controls are not working. The bake button won’t work. Only convection bake will work and you can’t change the temp cause the number “4” all of a sudden won’t work. Repair man coming Tuesday. I’m researching new ovens, just in case. It is 18 years old. Not hopeful they can fix it😱
      It’s chilly up here. Finally! Have not had to put the heat on yet.
      Im as decorated as I will be for Halloween. I’ll attach a pic if outside
      Adele

Attachments:
    • Colleen
      Participant

Hi All,
      We are having a good time here. We are off to the zoo tomorrow and that will e a lot of fun. I like the Halloween decorations that you posted on here they are really cute.
      Gail I will be praying for your bil. Christine I will be praying for Gary and that he does not have another fall. I hope all of you have a great day and all your families get better.
      Colleen

• adele shanbar
      Participant

Hey Colleen snd Christine!
      Thank you gif the well wishes
      Have fun at the zoo. I hope the weather cooperates to give you a great adventure.

Gailster
      I forgot yo say…. Your BIl will be added to my prayers. Hoping he us doing better this week

Gif bless all of us, snd keep us safe from harm
      Adele

• Gail Norusis
      Participant

Hi everyone,
      It’s my brother who had the stroke.
      He lives in Colorado again after moving to Connecticut for a couple of years.
      Here’s a couple pictures.
      Thank you for the prayers.

Attachments:
    • Gail Norusis
      Participant

Adele,
      You are like Wonder Woman getting Gary back up. I hope he is okay.
      Let us know how the oven thing works out. I know mine is about 23 or 24 years old. My oven is electric and my cook top is gas.
      How does Santino like the witches and such? He should have fun trick or treating this year.
      Colleen, I hope that you and Christine are having lots of fun.
      The weather has been sunny so far this week.
      I can’t seem to get motivated to decorate. Maybe it’s because it is hard to go up and down the basement stairs so I may just have the bare minimum this year.
      Gail

Attachments:
    • adele shanbar
      Participant

Hi Gailster
      I have no idea where the strength came from. I was pulling him with both arms and getting nowhere. Then, like a messsfe from above, I heard a command in my head yelling “pull” and I let go with my left hand, snd yanked him with my right hand, snd up he came. I was so shocked I just stood there.
      Gary is very sore, but getting better.
      The oven repair us tomorrow am. I am so mad at my stove. It has betrayed me. Lol. Lol. Once I get mad at an appliance, it is not long for this world. I am doing my research. God help me! I really did not plan on this. But, it is what it is, as I say
      Santino has mixed reviews of the decorations. He loves anything pumpkin. The witches you think he’ll be afraid if, he is nit. The ones they seem harmless, he is scared of. I did nit get down the 6 ft witch that responds to motion. Gif sure, that one would send him for a loop. Lol. Marissa said I’m going to make him hate Halloween. That was right after “ the incident”.
      Thus us what happened….
      I had just set up the ghost snd bat that hang from a string and are motion sensitive. When you go near them, they screech, drop firm the string, and do the usual Halloween noises while they climb back up the string Well…. The kid actually trembled, snd ran into my arms. I could not stop laughing. Gary yelled at me. Marissa threatened not to come over anymore.
      God forgive me, it was hysterical. I swear if I got it in video, we would have won Americas funniest home videos. !!
      So, to reclaim my title as great grandmother, I spent some time showing him the stuffie and how it worked, until he now asks me to put it on
      I’ll attach a pic of the offending stuffies. Lol
      Adele…..

Attachments:
    • Dianne Danielson
      Participant

Hi Ladies,’
      OK, where did Sept go? One day it’s Labor day, the next it’s October. It seems like every month just fliiiiiiiies by. We’ve been having a second summer so to speak. It was in the 80s over the weekend, but it’s supposed to be in the 70s all week, I think. October is our dramatic change month. By the end of the month we’ll lose alot of time, fog returns & the temps drop dramatically. I suppose it happens everywhere tho. I’m hoping for a good rain to show up one of these days. We sure could use a good soaking rain.
      Those poor people in Fl. I have a couple friends who live down there. One lives in Jacksonville, but I haven’t heard from her yet. We were pen pals back in the 80s & 90s before the internet was invented & I actually wrote letters. The good ole days. The others are InstaGram friends who moved down by Orlando/Disney World. They fared well from what she told me. She works at DW & they actually opened for business the next day after the storm!!!!
      I’m working on decorating for Halloween now & there’s something I can’t find & it’s driving me nuts!!! It’s a cute Halloween calendar pic of a little girl dressed as a witch.
      Snowball’s fine, but she still hasn’t had her groomer come. He fell ill & I haven’t heard anything since then.
      I better get off her this piece of trash is acting strange.
      take care ladies.
      dd &n Snowball

Attachments:
    • adele shanbar
      Participant

Hi DD
      Always good to hear from you. Always!!!!
      I love your stories about you and Snowball.
      I’m glad your friends are ok in Florida. Nancy and I thought our friend was gone She lives in Fort Myers. We finally heard from her on Saturday. I can’t tell you how happy we were
      I hope you find your cute witch picture. I gave up funding my 2 candle holders. Lol. I’ll find them when I do Christmas. Lol
      It’s chilly up here. Rain is coming. It’s the remnants of the hurricane. Then it’s supposed to go back into the low 70’s
      Hope you gave a good night!!!
      All the new shows are coming on, so that’s fun.
      Adele

• Gail Norusis
      Participant

Hi Everyone,
      Colleen, how was your visit with Christine?
      DD, how are things in Oregon. I keep hearing that Medford still has some high temperatures.
      Adele, You find the cutest things to scare the grand kids with! lol
      I hear you as every season I lose some decoration and sometimes it doesn’t show back up for a couple years. lol
      I can’t believe how quickly time is flying. It will be Christmas before we know it.
      I hear stores are already starting with Black Friday type sales.
      I think the pandemic has turned every thing topsy turvey.
      We got the newest covid booster last week and Greg got his flu shot.
      Nothing much going on over here.
      It seems like since the pandemic we just don’t get out and about as much.
      Gail

Attachments:
    • Dianne Danielson
      Participant

Hi Ladies,
      I hope everyone is doing fine. I’m racking my brain for days. I lost my phone somewhere & Thurs. but I can’t remember where. I went back to the store, but no one turned it in, yet. The security guard came up here to use his phone to call the phone to see if it’d ring, but nothing. My voicemail came on which means the battery is dead & it goes straight to voicemail. It’s not an expensive iPhone, it’s the next step up from a flip phone. A $20 cheapie. It’s no use to anyone with the battery dead. and if someone does find it & charges it, they still don’t have my password. I just wish I could figure out where I put it. It;s driving me CRAZY!!!!
      Yes, we’re having a second summer. We’re having temps in the 80s but it’s supposed to cool off. No rain in the forecast however!! Just when I thought I could put the AC away it turns hot again!!
      It’s 7:30 pm & it’s pitch black. UGH!!!! In less than a month we’ll fall back to standard time.
      At my local store they have Halloween decor & I spotted a gnome pushing a wheelbarrow full of candy corn. I wanted it but it was $40. I walked on & decided to wait. Well, this week they put everything on 30% off everything.
      It’s fairly large. I took pics of it but I may have to send it in an email.
      Adele, I found my calendar pic of the little girl as a witch. Actually it’s 2 girls but I found it in my Christmas stuff. I somehow got it mixed up with the Christmas decor.
      It’s been smoky here the past few days. No wind to blow it away.. Hopefully this week.
      Well that;s all for now,
      take care.
      dd

Attachments:
    • Dianne Danielson
      Participant

Hi,
      I can’t get the pics to upload. I’ll try again tomorrow.
      dd

• Colleen
      Participant

Hi Everybody,
      Christine is still here. She will be here until Wednesday then they go back home. We have been having a good time. This week-end we went to the Fall festival in Caladonia. We had a really good tie. I also met another Quacker Mary. She is a very nice person and we really had a good time.
      I will get on here later and chat with everyoe.
      Have a good night and stay safe.
      Colleen

• adele shanbar
      Participant

Hey Colleen
      Glad you are all having a good time. How has Christine been feeling? Hoping she is ok
      Party on!!
      Adele

• adele shanbar
      Participant

Hey Gailster!
      I really do love Halloween Only bad thing is, we hardly get any kids for Trick or Treat anymore
      It’s chilly up here perfect Fall weather. I love it!
      You won’t believe this. The stove broke and came very close to causing a fire.
      The repair man installed the mother board we had stored, and the stove worked again
      I’m the middle of making roasted chicken the stove went nuts. It started beeping like a smoke alarm and gave an “ error” message that kept blinking as it beeped like crazy. The oven was getting hotter and hotter and it would not shut off no matter what I did. I even checked the manual there was nothing o the beeping or message in it.
      We called Bobby to shut off the switch in the electrical box. I opened the oven and it was so hot I singed my arm and got a small burn. Oven was so hot it finished cooking the chicken with the oven closed for another 20 minutes! I was pretty shook up!
      Needless to say… new stove on order. Coming Thursday😱😱😩😩
      Hope you are ok!
      Adele

• adele shanbar
      Participant

Hi DD
      That’s awful that you lost your phone. I hope you find it somewhere in your apartment.
      I’m glad you were able to get that decoration…. You deserve it.
      I love the cool weather we’ve been having.
      Bobby has been working outside. He pressure washed the house and did the outside of the windows. He’s going to start putting the furniture away to get ready for winter😱
      Please read the post to Gail for my scary life. Lol
      Hope you have a good Columbus/ Indiginous pekoe Day!!
      Adele

• Dianne Danielson
      Participant

Hi Ladies,
      Well, more bad news. I had an old phone I could use for email & texting, but now it’s on life support. It dies when I take it off the charger. I guess I’ll have to go get another one soon.
      How’s the weather out there? It’s still summer out here. NO rain in sight. But we do have a smoky haze from the fires that are still burning. they put out a health alert for some folks like me. It’s nothing like it was 2 yrs ago though. Just a pink tinted haze in the sky.
      Adele, I thought we all were old ladies..LOL!! And yes the prices are terrible unless they’re cut drastically. OMG, I just read your post to Gail about your oven! That’s terrifying! To have your oven go berserk like that. WOW!! I’ve never heard of such a thing. Sounds like that mother board was the wrong one.
      Well, that’s about it for tonight. Take care.
      dd

Attachments:
    • adele shanbar
      Participant

Hi DD
      Sorry about your phone. New ones are pricey. I hope you will find a good deal with a decent price on a contract
      Oh yes, we are old. But I still hate the look of old lady clothes. Lol. Lol. Lol
      The stove was nit just scary…it was frightening. A real Halloween story. The new one is supposed to arrive tomorrow. Please say a prayer everything goes ok.
      It’s going to be over 70 here today, snd then a nasty rain storm Thursday lste into Friday. I hope the dyivd gets here before the rain!! I have never had a delivery of an appliance or furniture without rain or snow It could be nice all eeek and as soon as I am getting something delivered…. Whammo!! Lol. Never fails.
      Hope your day goes well and you get your new phone!!!!
      Adele

• Gail Norusis
      Participant

Hi Everyone,
      We’re back from Omaha and visiting Brent. We had a great visit. The weather was nice for two days and then it turned chilly again.
      It’s kind of fun meeting in all these different cities and seeing what each one has to offer.
      They have a really nice zoo that we visited. I rented a motorized cart to get around as I can not do all that walking.
      Here’s something new that we did. We went to an escape room which was really quite fun. I’ve been wanting to do that for quite a while now but glad I waited until Brent was with us as he was quite good at figuring out the clues. We did make it out with about ten minutes to spare.
      I would like to do it again some time.
      This morning we looked out the window and it was snowing. Nothing stuck to the ground but just knowing it’s cold enough to snow is depressing.
      Yow! Adele, your oven really went haywire! What type of new oven are you getting.
      I wonder if we ever need a new one if it will be an issue as ours is a double oven wall unit and I wonder if we could get one the exact same size.
      I guess I’ll worry about that if we ever need a new one.
      My brother is out of rehab from his stroke and now social services is trying to find him some low income housing. My sister is going out there this week to lend a hand. So hopefully they can get things straightened out for him.
      Kendal went to her first homecoming last week with a group of girls so I will be interested to see how all that turned out.
      I’m always tired for a couple of days after we return from a trip as somehow our vacations are never relaxing. lol
      Gail

Attachments:
    • Colleen
      Participant

Hi Gail,
      Sounds like you had a really good time with Brent. When did he move to Omaha? I thought he was still in Colorado. Does he move with his job or did he get a different one? The escape room sounds like a lot of fun. It is good that Brent could figure the clues out. I would never find my way out I am not good at that. How much time do they give you to find your way out? Sounds like a good time.
      Snow already! That must have been a surprise to see the snow. It is really cold here also. Not cold enough for snow though. I am ready for some snow Ron thinks that we are going to have a rough winter and I am thinking he may be right.
      Christine and Stewart went home last week. We really had a good time while they were here. We went to the zoo, Kimswick, Mastadone park and Museum, went to Costco and to a festival in Calidonia. We really had a good time. We also went to see Popeye’s statue and walked along the river front in Cape to see all the paintings on the wall. It was interesting and we had fun. I miss them being here.
      How is your brother doing? Can he take care of himself now? I hope that they find a place for him to live where it will be easy for him to get around. I will keep praying for him.
      It does take a while to recoup from vacation. I guess because we try to do so much in the short time that we have. Have a great night and stay safe and get a lot of rest.
      Colleen

• adele shanbar
      Participant

Hey Gailster
      Sounds like you had a great time at Brent’s. You did some interesting things and had fun. That’s what life is all about!
      Glad Brent is doing well too. I love good news
      I got another double oven stove from GE profile. I’ll attach a pic if stove and food cooked. It even does air fry and bread proofing. It’s exactly the same size as the old one. I can’t believe what a great job it does. The rolls came out perfect instead of being burnt on the bottom!!!
      Gary and I both have colds So far negative on covid😱
      Have a good day
      Adele

Attachments:
    • adele shanbar
      Participant

Hey Colleen
      How is Christine feeling? Is she doing better than before? I hope so.
      I heard on our news that the Midwest got snow last night. Did you get some too? It’s going to get cold here as the day progresses
      I’m going to see if I can figure out the air fry mode on the oven tonight. If I can’t, I’ll just bake the chicken. Lol
      How are you and Ron doing? Gary and I both have bad colds. Gary is worst than me😱🙏🏻
      Hope you have a good day
      Adele

• Colleen
      Participant

Hi Adele,
      I think that she was starting to feel better but I think she is not feeling as well as she had been. Her asthma is giving her problems and she is coughing a lot. Just keep her in your prayers.
      We did not have snow but I think that Gail did. It is a little early for us to have snow. It might be early for Gail also but this weather has been acting crazy this year. We have been feeling fine here. I am sorry to hear that you and Gary have colds. Eat some chicken noodle soup and drink a lot of the broth. That is what is good for you.
      I will be praying for you and Gary and hope you get over your colds soon. Have a great night and stay safe.
      Colleen

• adele shanbar
      Participant

Hi Colleen
      We are calling for antibiotics today. Gary slept in the recliner last night.
      That’s awful about poor Christine!! She suffers so much for a young girl. Prayers sent
      Attaching a pic of chicken from last night. This stove cooks fabulous. lol how good it browned snd was still juicy. It was just plain old shake n bake!!!
      Have a good day
      Adele

Attachments:
    • Colleen
      Participant

Hi Adele,
      I hope you got the antibiotics and they are helping.
      Christine does get sick a lot. A lot of it is her asthma. She just does not seem to get it under control. I think if the doctors would do more for her she would be alright. Health care in England is not all that great.
      Your chicken looks really good. I am glad that the new stove is working out for you. It is hard to pick a new stove now. They sure are more complicated then the old stoves.
      Have a great night and stay safe.
      Colleen

• adele shanbar
      Participant

Hi Colleen and everyone!
      Thank you for your well wishes. I alm feeling better this am. Gary is still not breathing well snd coughing like crazy because of his diminished lung capacity. It’s hard to watch. I can’t imagine how it feels!!
      It’s sunny up here today, but getting cold in the 50’s.
      I hope you have a good weekend!
      Adele

• Colleen
      Participant

Hi Adele,
      How is Gary doing? I hope that he is feeling better. I hope you are still doing ok. This crazy weather cold one day and warm the next.
      Are your grands ready for Halloween? I am not sure what the kids are going to be this year. I know Aliza is going to be a mind craft character. So I have no idea what she will be. We will not get any trick or treaters around here. Brook wants me to go out with her and Grayson so I probably will It was fun going out with them last year and we had a good time.
      Have a great week-end and stay safe.
      Colleen

• adele shanbar
      Participant

Hi Colleen
      Thank you for asking. Gary is still miserable. He can’t stop coughing. The dr wants him to get an X-ray. He says he feels too bad to go. I get it. Who wants to go through the hospital to get an X-ray when you do t feel bad? Then again, who gets an X-ray when they feel fine?? Lol
      The weather up here keeps changing. Very chilly, then went back to the 60’s, and today a rain storm is coming later this afternoon. That’s New England for you!!
      I’m going to make an apple crisp today. I’ll take a pic for you all to see. This will be the first item I am baking in the new stove. I had Bobby pick up vanilla ice cream to top it with. Yum
      Santino will be a pumpkin, because he LOVES pumpkins. He goes atound and collects all my pumpkin decorations and lines them up to play with. He is too funny.
      No idea what Aizen is planning. JJ is too old to go out. He will be giving out candy over here
      I’m waiting for our groceries to be delivered. I’m hoping they come before it rains!
      Have a good day
      Adele

• Colleen
      Participant

Hi Adele,
      It is a shame that they cannot bring one of those portable xray machines to your home and do the x-ray. They use to do that a long time ago and it worked out really well.
      It is so windy out here today. It feels like it could blow you away . We thought it would blow some rain in but it didn’t. We really need the rain here. Have you been getting the rain that you need? I know that you were really dry there where you are.
      Your apple crisp sounds really good. Especially with ice cream on top. I have not made one of those in years. The kids really liked them but I guess since they are gone I have not made one.
      That is so cute that Santino wants to be a pumpkin. It is funny the things that the kids decide to play with. That is cute lines all your pumpkins up. Does he try to count them?
      I hope they delivered your groceries ok. Have a great night and stay safe.
      Colleen

• adele shanbar
      Participant

Hi Colleen
      I hope the wind over there doesn’t do any damage to your house!
      We are having a rain storm tonight. We had one last week too. It seems we are doing better with rain lately. I hope it improves for you too
      Our groceries got here just before it started to rain. I was glad because I would have felt bad for the delivery people.
      I’ll attach a pic if the apple crisp. I have not made one since Heather died. Actually, I just about stopped baking after she died. It was nice to bake something today. It felt good. But, it felt like something was missing. Heather and Tillie were missing. They used to live my baking. It was a joy to bake fir them. They loved everything I made. They made it fun
      It’s going to be real strange this holiday season. Tillie had her chair she always sat in to watch the kids open their presents. Someone will have to sit there, or the empty chair will be very difficult to look at🙏🏻🥲
      I know you miss your Mom too. Has it been 3 years?
      Amanda is coming over shortly to watch that “ Game of Thrones” sequel with Bobby. She wants a piece of the apple crisp. Lol
      Have a good night!
      Adele

Attachments:
    • Gail Norusis
      Participant

Hi Everyone,
      Colleen, Brent didn’t move to Omaha he still lives in Colorado. We just decided to meet in Omaha and explore it this year, We have done that many times when we visit him. Either meet in a city or go to his house and travel to a city to find stuff to do. We have visited quite a few different places that way. I’m glad that we chose Omaha this year too as it is just six hour drive for us. It’s kind of in the middle for both of us. And Greg got a really bad attack of sciatica the morning we were supposed to leave so we had to wait and call the doctor and get a prescription for prednisone and pick it up before we could go. he is doing better now and has started a walking and exercise program to help with the sciatica.
      My brother is doing better. My sister did go out to try and help him with finding a more permanent place to stay. She said he is frail so all the prayers are appreciated.
      Adele, I’m glad that you and Gary are doing better. Hopefully you will continue baking now that you’ve started as it always seemed like something that you loved to do. You still have plenty of people to eat your stuff. Gary, Bobby, the three girls and the great grands. I bet they all love your cooking and baking.
      Kendall went to Homecoming with a group of girls last week so now all the high school stuff will be starting. Where does the time go?
      I think Piper and Lachlan will still be trick or treating this year so we have a few more years of that.
      Gail

• adele shanbar
      Participant

Hey Gailster
      Going to homecoming must have been exciting. Did they have a dance too? Our school died not do one that I am aware of. Or JJ doesn’t tell me cause he doesn’t want to go…. Lol
      I can’t believe how old all our kids are getting. It does not seem real. Where did all the years go? I get sad when I think of how much Heather has already missed. It’s going on 3 years that she has been gone
      I will continue saying prayers for your brother. Will he be able to live alone? So scary when someone is nit well
      I have to name the goodie bags for our customers tonight. We do a little bag fir everyone in each shop. Trick or treat for everyone! They got a real kick out of them last year. It was a huge hit. 🎃🧙🏻‍♀️. Plus, I had fun putting them together🤓🧙🏻‍♀️
      Do you have Netflix? I love the show we’re binging now….. All American. Aldo watching The Politician. The dynamics in both shows are very interesting
      How’s your weather?? Raining up here , snd raw.
      Hope your day is going well
      Adele

• Dianne Danielson
      Participant

Hi Ladies,
      HAPPY HALLOWEEN!!!! Well, here we are at the end of another month! Where does the time go?? Now we’ll all be preparing for Turkey Day, then the BIG Day, then a whole new year!!
      Goooood news, we’ve been having rain so the air has cleared out & is safe to breathe outdoors again!!
      No more smoky skies, clouds, but fresh clean air after what seemed like weeks on end. It’s sooooo refreshing. There’s snow on Mt Hood again. We don’t have snow down here, its still too warm for that.
      The first part of the month we had an extended summer, then literally overnight we went from that to full out fall temps. We dropped nearly 40 degrees, I kid you not!!!
      I’m gonna start going through my Christmas decorations & see what I want to put where. I’ve already put up some Christmas lights around the apartment to lighten up my mood. This time next week we’ll be back to regular time & it’ll be dark around 4:00.
      Hallie wants me to come to her home for Thanksgiving. I don;t know if I’ll go or just stay home & decorate the tree
      (if I haven’t put it up before then). They have so many dogs & now cats, the place smells awful.
      Well, that’s all for tonight.
      Take care, stay safe,
      dd

Attachments:
    • adele shanbar
      Participant

Hi DD
      Happy Halloween to everyone. 🎃🧙🏻‍♀️
      I’m so glad you got rain and your air cleared Thank God!
      The wind has been taken out of my sails today, so to speak. Gary was getting worst Stated a fever. Coughing every few seconds. He agreed to go for chest X-ray. Then he was getting weaker, had pains across his chest, and across his back shoulder blades. I called 911 after I checked his blood pressure
      They gave him nitroglycerin in the ambo, with 3 baby aspirins and some shot. He immediately felt better.
      Waiting on test results to see what is wrong
      Soooo…. our candy is outside in a tray, with the light on. Kids can just get what they want.
      I’m watching Jennifer Hudson to hopefully get a laugh
      Attaching my pic that I took BEFORE all hell broke loose
      Luv u
      Adele

Attachments:
    • Colleen
      Participant

Hi Adele and DD
      Adele I am so sorry to hear about Gary. I hope that he feels better soon and is back home. Sounds like they got things under control right away. It is scary when they get really sick like that. It is a good thing that you called 911 and got him to the hospital right away.
      We did not have any kids come to our door this year. Not even our grands. I was a little disappointed they did not come by. We did not go into town this year. Ron worked out in the yard til dark so after we ate diner it was too late. I have candy here for all the grands.
      DD, it is good news that the air is finally clearing up. Did you give out any candy tonight? We did not give out any. It is disappointing. We had the candy here just no kids.
      Time is going really fast. I cannot believe that Thanks-giving is going to be here already. I do not want to think about the year being over with already. It is just going too fast. Our babies are growing so fast.
      I do not blame you for not going if they have a lot of dogs and cats. It is hard to go to someones house that has all those animals. My youngest daughter has more pets then she needs and we do not stay at her house. All the pet hair that gets all over us when we are there. I guess that I sound picky. We have dogs but they are outside dogs. If we had little dogs they would be in the house but not the big ones.
      Well that is all from here. Have a great night and stay safe.
      Colleen

• Gail Norusis
      Participant

I have the November thread up and running.

• adele shanbar
      Participant

Hi Colleen
      Thank you gif the prayers. Gary had triple bi pass surgery. He’s not out if the woods yet. The breathing tube may vine out tomorrow am
      If it fish, he will be on the way up
      I’m tired from all the worry. Praying it will pass
      Luv all of you!
      Adele

Viewing 36 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Share on Facebook
Facebook
Pin on Pinterest
Pinterest
Tweet about this on Twitter
Twitter
Email this to someone
email

Share this with a Smile
X Close
Watch QVC
top finds links QVC LIVE QVC PLUS QVC UK