Chit Chat for November 20222022-11-02T17:15:29-04:00

Home Forums General Quacker Chatter Chit Chat for November 2022

Viewing 51 reply threads
  • Author
      Participant

I am saying prayers for Gary and Adele and their family. I hope everything goes well.

Attachments:
    • Colleen
      Participant

Hi Gail,
      That is such sad news about Gary. I hope this by pass works and he does a lot better. She really could use some good news. My prayers are with her and her family.
      Colleen

• adele shanbar
      Participant

Hey guys
      He’s out of surgery. Triple bi pass Not out of the woods. Dr keeps saying he is medium to high risk because if his weight and other medical issues. If they can remove the breathing tube tomorrow am, that will be a huge step forward. Prayers needed
      Luv u guys. I do appreciate your support and prayers.
      Adele

• Dianne Danielson
      Participant

Hi Ladies,
      Adele, I hope Gary’s surgery is a big help with his health. Once the blood can flow through without blockage, he should feel better soon. When I had mine the Dr. said the color in my cheeks (face)he was real pleased!! So I’m hoping & praying he’s up & about real soon. Mine was a bit different, I had a hole in the left ventricle & they had to sew a dacron patch onto the heart muscle to close up the hole. But it was amazing how much better I felt afterwards. My mom nearly had a coronary when she came into the recovery room after the surgery. She thought I was at death’s door. the next day they had me sitting on the edge of the bed, then later they had me walked across the room to a chair. She nearly passed out. She thought I”d be bedridden instead of on my feet so soon.
      He’ll be put on a special diet, I’m pretty sure. Oh his chest will hurt until the sternum heals up. It’ll take quite awhile, & for the incision to heal as well. I wish you both the very best & am sending lots of prayers for a good recovery.
      I hear you’re gonna have a heatwave out there. Out here we’re gonna get hit with one of those atmospheric rivers this weekend, starting Friday thru Sunday. Localized flood warnings are up as are high wind warnings for the whole NW. this is the first big storm of the fall/winter season. So beware it’ll make its way across the country next week.
      Don’t forget to turn your clocks back Sat.night before going to bed. We get that hour back, yaaaaaay. The only thing is it’ll be dark at 4:00.
      I plan on putting up the tree this weekend & go through my tubs of Christmas decorations.
      Well, that’s all for tonight. Take care everyone.
      dd

Attachments:
    • adele shanbar
      Participant

Hi DD
      I’m still trying to get my Halloween put away. JJ helped by getting everything on the kitchen table. Now I just have to pack it away.
      I’m hoping to get them boxed up by tomorrow. If not? I can finish Sunday
      Gary is still critical. His blood pressure was real low. Today they were able to back off a little on the blood pressure meds. Tiny bit of progress saying he is still very sick. Not taking out the breathing tube. Please continue to pray. It’s going to be a very long road, as long as he continues to improve. It didn’t look good this am, and then we finally got a glimmer of hope
      His cardiac number went to 2. Normal is 2.5, so that is very good. Any progress is fabulous.
      Please continue to pray
      Adele

• Gail Norusis
      Participant

Adele,
      I am continuing to pray and all day long you are in my thoughts.
      I wish you were able to go see him. I think that would help both of you very much.
      I hope to hear of continual improvement.
      Gail

• adele shanbar
      Participant

Hey Gailster
      You know what the worst thing is? Not being able to talk to him. I have never ever gone a day without talking to him.
      Please keep the prayers vomkng
      Adele

• Gail Norusis
      Participant

Adele,
      Hopefully he will be off the respirator soon and be able to talk.
      Prayers sent.
      Gail

• adele shanbar
      Participant

Hello everyone
      He is still in respirator, plus the balloon in his heart
      He did pass the neuro test, so we know he is still in there!!! That’s encouraging!
      Please keep praying!
      Adele

• Gail Norusis
      Participant

Adele,
      I did not know about the balloon in his heart.
      Glad about the neuro test.
      Are they keeping him asleep?
      Gail

• adele shanbar
      Participant

Yes. Still sedated.
      The balloon was put in before the surgery, to save the heart until they operated. Joe was having multiple heart attacks all day long. I counted 8 until the surgery 😱😱🙏🏻🙏🏻
      Adele

• Colleen
      Participant

Hi Adele,
      I am still praying for you and Gary. I hope he goes off the respirator soon and things start to go better for him. That is rough on all of you. I really wish there was a way that I could help you but I know that there is not. That was a lot of heart attacks. I am glad that he passed the test and you know there is still hope. All we can do is pray. Please take care of yourself.
      Luv Ya
      Colleen

• Gail Norusis
      Participant

Remembering service men and women and their families today.

Attachments:
    • Colleen
      Participant

Hi Gail,
      I feel the same way. They all sacrifice a lot for all of us. God Bless them all.
      Colleen

• adele shanbar
      Participant

Hello everyone
      Gary didn’t make it. He’s gone. He’s with Heather, my mother and all his relatives and friends.
      Not much more I can say accept my life will be dramatically different and very quiet. And sad. I have a whole new definition for sad today
      Adele

• Gail Norusis
      Participant

Adele,
      We are here whenever you need us. To talk, to cry, to vent, to support and hold you up.
      Love and hugs,
      Gail

Attachments:
    • adele shanbar
      Participant

Hey girls
      It’s the quiet. It’s nit talking to him all day long.
      Everyone wondered why it didn’t bother me to be home all the time. It’s because he was here. I was rarely alone. I always had my best friend to talk to. To watch our special shows with. To eat with. We didn’t have to go out to dinner. We had take out from our favorite places and my Boofetti dishes snd serving pieces to feel special I want to throw out every BooFetti thing I gave. Now they make me sad
      Thanksgiving is coming in 2 weeks. We have 4 seats open now. Heather, Tillie, Benny, and Gary. ( Pinas divorcing Benny) That’s a lot of people. Now we have 10 for dinner. We have 10 here in any given day!
      They were all babysitting me before the Shiva. Everyone was gone accept JJ and Bobby, who is downstairs. Bobby did come up a bit this am. Now Amanda is here. JJ had coffee with me this am
      Adele

• Colleen
      Participant

Hi Adele,
      The quite would get to me also. You should not get rid of your Boo-Fetti dishes. Just put them up some where and bring them out at a latter date. You may want to have lunch with the great grands and talk about Gary. It will be a nice memory for them and help you to like using those dishes again.
      They will all be with you for Thanks-giving . They will be here in spirit and that will be comforting. You will have the others there and it will be nice to be there as a family and talk about the ones that are there in spirit.
      JJ is such a good boy. He really does what he can for you. It must be nice to have him around and Bobby. Please take care of yourself and just keep going on.
      Colleen

• adele shanbar
      Participant

Hi Colleen
      I always say what you miss the most is their voice….. snd the deafening silence
      Tomorrow everyone goes back to school and work Life goes on.
      Adele🙃🙃😱😱🥲🥲

• Gail Norusis
      Participant

Hi Adele,
      It is sad when everyone goes back to work and school and to their everyday lives.
      It’s a huge adjustment because your everyday life has been altered forever.
      I was surprised to hear that Pina was getting divorced. Wouldn’t that be Enzo’s mother and wouldn’t they be an older couple? Have they been married a long time?
      I hope your friends will make a special effort to continue to stop over and see you.
      Maybe JJ will spend some time with you over the Thanksgiving and Christmas holidays.
      I know that nothing that I can say can take the pain away even though I wish it could.
      So just know I am thinking about you often and continuing to say prayers.
      A thousand Hugs,
      Gail

• adele shanbar
      Participant

Thanks Gailster
      The holiday that worries me more than others us New Year’s Eve. We were always alone watching the NY celebrations. Then we called everyone at midnight. I can’t imagine sitting all by myself. Bobby will be downstairs, but it will be so terribly Linley on New Years Eve
      Ive had Gary in my life on New Years Eve for 27 years. Now I’m back to the old days when I was divorced. Only this time I’m old and cannot go out with friends that night anymore It’s the loneliest night of the year.
      It is what it is, as I say
      His obit was in the Boston Globe today
      Luv u
      Adele

• Gail Norusis
      Participant

Adele,
      Maybe Bobby will come up and watch the ball drop with you. Or maybe some of the grands or great grands. I’ve usually fallen asleep on the couch before that time anyway.
      It does make it difficult that you can’t get out of the house otherwise maybe a neighbor would invite you over.
      If you lived by me Greg and I would come over and put you in a wheel chair and drive you up the ramp into the bed of the pick up truck and drive you over to our house kind of like Granny Clampett from the Beverly Hillbillies. You would have to dress warm though as it would be cold but I guess we would have to cover you with a big blanket anyway as having you in the bed of the truck is illegal. We would have to take the back roads.
      I was going to ask you said you were going to have 10 for Thanksgiving dinner and I was wondering who would shop for you but then I remembered that you live in a place where you can get all the groceries delivered.
      Jenny and Ricky took us out to brunch yesterday as a belated birthday gift for me. Kendall didn’t come though as she was tired from being up until one a.m. babysitting the night before.
      Luv ya,
      Gail

• adele shanbar
      Participant

Ong Gailster.
      I nearly wet my pants I laughed so much!!!! I can totally see us doing that in Greg’s truck to go places!
      Did I tell you my insurance refused to pay for a chair car to go to dr appointments? I was very surprised at that!!
      Just the whole idea of being a widow on New Years Eve is what is do depressing. It’s like when I was divorced. Feels like you are the only person with nobody to kiss at midnight. I guess I should be grateful I had 27 years with someone to kiss. It’s just hard to be that grateful right now. I’m too raw. Then add Tillie snd Heather gone too.
      I so wish we lived close. We’d have so much fun
      Luv u
      Adele

• Gail Norusis
      Participant

Hi Adele,
      At least we have email and texts and such which we wouldn’t have had 20 years ago.
      Yes, everything is raw right now. And really you’ve had two plus years of sadness.
      I was just thinking about all the things around the house that Greg does that I wouldn’t even know how to do.
      I would have to move.
      Have you decided what will happen with the business?
      I figured you would like the visual of you in the back of the pick up.
      It made me laugh just thinking about it.
      It’s snowing here today. Off and on all day.
      Have you ever gone on a sleigh ride? I never have but it’s something I always wanted to do. it’s very Hallmark movieish.
      There used to be a place around here that did them but I never went and I don’t think that they are still in business.
      I will have to check.
      Insurance is what I call a necessary evil. You have to have it but I hate the fact that some little twerp is sitting in an office somewhere deciding what we do or don’t need medically. Didn’t that used to be the job of the doctor that knows what we actually need. Grrrrr!
      I know this year our insurance decided that they would no longer pay for a med that I took for years and years. Fortunately there was one just like it that I could switch to. Are you going to contest the insurance decision?
      You mentioned that Pina was getting a divorce. Was that a shock? How do their adult children feel?
      Yes, if we lived close we could get into some good trouble. lol
      Gail

• adele shanbar
      Participant

Hey Gailster
      I am closing the business. That alone is keeping me way too busy. It seems I never have time to grieve That could be a good thing
      Yes we were all surprised by the divorce. With him gone too, we have 4 people less at the Thanksgiving table. Steph us saying she doesn’t want to come, so that’s another 3, , making 7 less.
      I have had hay rides. Once in New Years Eve we went to a function at a ski resort…. Because they had sleigh rides. We never got one because so many signed up, we did not make the list! But we watched them from the window as the snow lightly fell. It was magical! Good memories of so many things. Now there are none
      Yes. There are so many little things he did. Like do the timers for the decorations. When Frankie was hereI had him fix one of the times in the front window for me. The light went in, and then shut off an hour later! I figured it was Gary screwing with me. Lol
      Got more done today. Almost fine with the business. Just trying to collect what is owed and make sure I did not miss any payments Gary did not give me
      Luv u
      Adele

• Gail Norusis
      Participant

Hi Adele.
      I wish Steph would come for Thanksgiving. Or at least let the boys come. Staying away isn’t going to change anything. I’d rather be around people on a holiday after a loss than just stay home. My Mom was buried on Christmas Eve and the next day we flew to Chicago and went to Greg’s Mom’s for Christmas. Everyone asked me If I wanted to go straight home but what good would that have done? this way Greg got to see his family and the kids got to see their grandma and cousins. It was much better being around people and doing the normal Christmas things.
      Yes, I have gone on hayrides too but boy it’s been a long time.
      Now didn’t Frankie work for the business? Will he be able to work somewhere else? Or is he older and ready to retire?
      After the guy gets done with the work at the apartment he was supposed to do some work here at the house. Like replace the front railings on the upper and lower porch. But now that it has gotten snowy I wonder if he will be able to do that. I hope so because I put Christmas lights on both the upper and lower railings-but I can’t put them on the old ones if they are still going to come and replace them. I want to ask Greg what the plans are but he’s got a bunch of crazy things going on at work this week so I don’t want to bother him.
      It should be interesting when we go to Jenny’s for Thanksgiving. One of her dogs doesn’t like strangers-particularly men-so I wonder how that will work out with Brent there. I think by next week when Brent drives out the snow won’t be around so that’s one less thing to worry about.
      I have to figure out what dishes I am going to make to take over. I know Piper already told me to bring my jello dish that I usually make.
      Plus I normally make a seven layer salad and some other veggie.
      Now typing this about food is making me hungry so I better sign off and get some breakfast.
      Hugs,
      Gail

• adele shanbar
      Participant

Hey Gailster
      Frankie us young. Our biggest competitor has been chasing him for a while. Way before Gary died. I talked to him about what I expect he will offer Frankie, cause he’s like a son to me. He offered him a good package, eith room to grow. They are much bigger than we are
      I’m working on Steph. I want everyone here for the holidays. Life is too short
      I hope you all have a good time. It should be great with Brent there!!
      We’re talking about sides too
      Marissa snd Steph want me to make a huge pot of soup they can divide up snd put in containers to freeze. They want to watch because they say their soup just does not come out like mine. I think that will be fun!!
      Im trying to get done holiday spirit.
      Gif help me!
      Adele

• Gail Norusis
      Participant

Adele,
      I’m so glad that Frankie has some good prospects as it always seemed like he went above and beyond for you and Gary. I’ll bet that you will miss his helping hand.
      You are right. Life is too short to pass up experiences to be with our loved ones. I would think the past couple of years would have illustrated that to Steph very plainly.
      What kind of soup do the girls want you to make.
      That does sound like a fun project.
      I spent yesterday wrapping gifts for Brent, Tynasha and Isaiah so they can just take them back home with them after Thanksgiving. So it’s nice to have that almost done and not have to worry about mailing their stuff. I also usually send them some stuff from Omaha steaks which I will still do.
      I wrapped stuff for my sister too so I will get that mailed out really early-probably right after Thanksgiving.
      So after Thanksgiving I will have to shop for Jenny and the kids and Greg.
      I was just thinking yesterday about how Greg really has no idea about how much preparation it takes for Christmas as I have always shopped for everyone both my family and his and wrapped everything and made sure every thing else was done for Christmas. Of course years ago I was home when the kids were young and he spent long hours working on the business-so I don’t blame him I just don’t think he realizes how much prep there has always been. And of course now I am old and slow so it takes me three times as long to do everything. lol
      Gail

• adele shanbar
      Participant

Hi Gailster
      We made chicken soup. It’s almost done. Then de-bone the chicken.
      Only Marissa came to make it. Jhonny has a day off today. Steph us coming with him and Aizen after they pick him up from school
      Aizen is having a hard time. So, I bought a couple of children’s books on death of a grandparent or loved one. I will read them with him. Got a couple for Santino too because he keeps saying Papa is in the hospital. Santino freaked when I coughed while I was cutting the onions. I realized he was afraid because zGary was coughing so much before he went into the hospital. I told him not to worry, Nans is coughing because of the onions and pepper. Poor kid. If anyone coughs he must feel he won’t see them again. This is so hard in everyone. He was loved That’s a good thing for his soul, but kind of sucks for the rest of us!
      I’ll be starting the thank you’s over the weekend. That will keep me busy
      Luv u
      Adele

• Gail Norusis
      Participant

Hi Adele,
      Were you able to get many thank you’s done? I hope so.
      That was a good idea to get some books to read with Aizen and Santino.
      Yes, I guess I was just thinking about the adults but Aizen and JJ are definitely old enough to feel the losses.
      We are doing some cleaning today and Greg will shop tomorrow and Brent should be here some time tomorrow.
      I have all their gifts wrapped and ready for them to take back with them.
      It’s nice to have that all done and not have to worry about mailing stuff.
      I’m still not totally sure what sides i will be making. I’ll decide today.
      Hugs,
      Gail

• adele shanbar
      Participant

Hey Gailster
      Not one thank you done. Just couldn’t. I will do them today. Need to put it behind me.
      He’s been gone for 2 weeks. It feels like an eternity. Fridays are the worst cause it was our special day if the week. No work. Takeout. Watching Blue Bloods. I add Jed JJ to vine out if his room ( you know how teens are) cause I needed to see a human. Lol. He watched a show on Netflix with me…. The Queens Gambit. He thought I’d like it. I did.
      We’re having mashed pota, sweet pota casserole, broccoli/cauliflower casserole, corn, Mac snd cheese, stuffing, eggplant parm, and lasagna. Pina making the Italian. Marissa Mac and cheese, and Amsnda snd Bobby the rest
      We’re having chicken no Turkey
      I have his ashes. I’ll attach a pic of urns. Big one snd tiny one. I can’t believe he’s in there. I really hate this. I lost my best friend snd biggest cheerleader. I don’t know how I get up every morning, but I just do
      Happy Turkey prep!!
      Adele

Attachments:
    • Gail Norusis
      Participant

Adele,
      Yes, at only two weeks everything is still very raw and it’s hard to believe it actually happened.
      Every milestone is tough as you well know.
      I’m so sad that you lost your best friend and greatest support.
      I will support you as best that I can.
      It’s kind of ironic that you lost your husband and Pena divorced her’s at kind of the same times.
      I have to honestly say that I have never had lasagna or eggplant Parmesan for Thanksgiving. lol
      So you decided to have chicken rather than turkey. Will it be baked or fried?
      Did you ever notice how most Thanksgiving dinners are heavy on the carbs? No wonder we all want a nap when we are done.
      That’s why the things I take to Jenny are usually some sort of salad and vegetable.
      This year i noticed that she is making pumpkin bars instead of buying pumpkin pie. Good choice as I like the pumpkin bars but not the pie.
      I think I may make a chocolate cream pie to take over too.
      What desserts are you having?
      Is JJ living with you now? Isn’t The Queen’s Gambit about chess? Does JJ play? I played years ago in college and when we first got married but haven’t played in over 40 years. Now I can’t concentrate for that long anymore. lol
      Gail

• adele shanbar
      Participant

Hey Gailster
      I am making nothing for Thanksgiving. Lol. The Minnions have gathered and are doing everything Bobby is buying pies, and nobody is complaining. He is also getting mini pastries.
      They voted on chicken cause they are all not fans of turkey. Gary would have insisted on some kind of turkey!
      Amanda and Bobby are making: chicken, mashed potato, cauliflower/broccoli casserole, can corn, and setting the table with paper products!!!!
      Marissa is making 2 batches of baked macaroni, and the sweet potato casserole. Steph is making her cheesy mashed potatoes, and an apple crisp.
      Pina is doing the lasagna and eggplant parm
      We’re having 14 for dinner, not the usual 17. I pray we don’t lose anymore before Christmas
      Or next year!!
      I’m excited about everyone pitching in. So glad they have the sense of family I tried to instill in all of them over the years
      Sad part will be, there is nobody to light up the outside of the house for Thanksgiving night. Or out out the Nutcrackers or Santa by the front door. That was Gary’s thing. The house was all fired up for Thanksgiving night. That may never happen again, and it will break my heart. No tree has been taken down from the attic. I will put the candles in the window, and I got a real wreath from a school fund raiser.
      JJ said he’ll get the trees down for me. He reminded me he’s strong enough to do those things. Lol
      For now, he is here. I hope he stays cause if he left too, my heart would be broken. I do look forward to him coming home from school and having someone to eat with. I would be devastated if he left right now.
      Steph wants him home, but said….how can I take him back now? I’m grateful she is letting him stay
      It is what it us, as I say. Make sure you don’t waste one minute with Greg. Not one
      Adele

• Dianne Danielson
      Participant

HI Ladies,
      HAPPY THANKSGIVING!! It won’t be a very happy one for some of us. I’m sick. I caught something over the weekend, not sure what. No fever, but stuffed up sinuses, & a cough. Colds & flu are rampant out here. I got the flu shot & vaccinated to the hilt so I guess it’s just a cold. NO energy, sleeping alot.
      OH, I opened a can of chicken noodle soup & the noodles are half the size they used to be!!
      Management is having a Thanksgiving dinner downstairs tomorrow so I’ll go down & get a plate & bring it back here. I can’t eat a whole bird by myself. Hopefully I’ll have enough strength to put up my tree! If not I may have to forego putting it up this yr, & just put out my villages & Christmas knick knacks. Does this sound familiar to any of you??
      Adele, I hope you get through the holidays. I know all too well how it is to get through them when you’ve lost someone so near & dear to you. My mother died Nov. 21,1986 & the first couple yrs or so they were hard to get through, esp; that first yr. The first yr is always the hardest to get through, the birthdays, anniversaries, all special dates. Eventually they’ll become special dates to remember & look back on with fondness & joy. I know it seems impossible right now, but it will happen.
      To all of you, I hope you enjoy the holiday with your families, friends & all that lovely food. And by the way who says you have to have turkey & all the trimmings??!! I think it’s great to have a change of pace. Enjoy!!!
      Have a wonderful holiday!!!!
      dd & Snowball.

Attachments:
    • adele shanbar
      Participant

Hello my sweet DD
      I’m so glad to hear from you. Your kind and gentle words are much appreciated. You always make me smile
      I started the thank you’s tonight. Gat hardly any fine because I add a personal note in all of them.
      I hope you feel better. Nothing worst than a holiday when you’re too sick to enjoy it. Please take care of yourself and call for an antibiotic before the holiday weekend if you need one!
      My poor belly started to go nuts tonight. It was just a matter of time until that happened. I’m back on crackers with peanut butter. Oh well
      Hope you have a good Thanksgiving
      Have you heard anything about your friends or cousins?
      Love. Adele

• Colleen
      Participant

Hi Ladies,
      I hope that everyone has a great Thanksgiving . I cannot wait to hear how everyone’s day goes. Adele try to have a great day with the family that you have there. Remember they will all be there if not in body they will be there in spirit.
      Colleen

• adele shanbar
      Participant

Thank you Colleen.
      Same back to you

I hope everyone has a good day. I’m still in bed. No rush to get up cause I have nothing to do. Lol. The Minnions have it all covered.

Love you guys!!
      Adele

• Gail Norusis
      Participant

Have a wonderful Thanksgiving everyone and say “I love you” to all that you hold dear.
      I love you my Quacker friends.

• adele shanbar
      Participant

Amen to that, Gailster!!

• Gail Norusis
      Participant

Hello Everyone,
      Well we were very lucky and had some nice weather the last few days. It was sunny and 50 degrees.
      I got a text late last night that Brent was home safely so I could breathe a sigh of relief.
      We had a nice Thanksgiving at Jenny’s. After a wonderful dinner, we played some games and had a lot of fun and laughs.
      The following day we were going to try another escape room but all the ones that were in the area were all booked up. So we ended up going to a hockey game. It was the first one for Tynasha and Isaiah so that was kind of neat to give them a new experience.
      We met Jenny for dinner on Saturday and afterwards we all drove through a local resort that has a big Christmas lighting display.
      I love looking at the lights.
      It was nice because I was able to send their Christmas gifts back home with them and not worry about mailing them too.
      Plus we had some things sitting around our house that we no longer use that I was able to send back with them too.
      I love when we can help them out by giving them something that we no longer need or use. I would rather give it to our kids that donate something.
      Greg was able to have Brent help him with a couple projects too so maybe he could save his back a little bit.
      All in all we had a good visit and it’s the first time he’s been here for Thanksgiving in several years.
      We still have a couple of days of nicer weather before things become more seasonal.
      Now I can start my decorating. I’m still not sure about our front railings on the porches though.
      We were supposed to get them replaced but I’m not sure if the man can do it before the Holidays. We might have to wait until spring now. So if he’s not going to do it now I can hang my lights from them. I just have to be careful and not lean against them on the second floor as they are not secure and that’s why they need to be replaced.
      Gail

• adele shanbar
      Participant

Hey Gailster
      We had 13 people all together Everyone cooked and all I do was open the cranberry sauces. All went well. I’ll attach a pic of the chickens Amanda made attached so you can see
      A few of us played Scrabble. A few played cConnect 4.
      I only briefly broke down twice. Once when I’ll be Home for Christmas came on the radio and when Jen (Bobs x) came to visit. I enjoyed seeing her, but all the memories flooded back….. good ones.
      This evening JJ is trying out for the basketball team. He feels he is not good enough, but is going I hope he makes it. It will be so good for him. Say a prayer please!!
      I have no decorations out. I don’t know what I’m going to do. I’m undecided. I honestly feel it’s not worth the effort this year. I have so much to go through of Gary’s belongings, I feel that is what I should concentrate on. I want the house back together. I know that sounds awful, snd not me at all. But when Bob said he has no intention of decorating outside or getting the stuff out if the attic, it just took the tiny bit of holiday spirit right out of me. Trust me, it did not take a lit to remove it. Then add that Frankie and Gary did the outside for me, and they are not available kind of sealed my fate
      So glad you are decorating!! Thrilled to hear how well your holiday went. Such nice news to hear snd that Brent and family had a great time too. I love good news
      Aldo attaching flowers Jhonny gave me. Very pretty!
      Luv Adele

Attachments:
    • adele shanbar
      Participant

Hey Gailster
      We had 13 people all together Everyone cooked and all I do was open the cranberry sauces. All went well. I’ll attach a pic of the chickens Amanda made attached so you can see
      A few of us played Scrabble. A few played cConnect 4.
      I only briefly broke down twice. Once when I’ll be Home for Christmas came on the radio and when Jen (Bobs x) came to visit. I enjoyed seeing her, but all the memories flooded back….. good ones.
      This evening JJ is trying out for the basketball team. He feels he is not good enough, but is going I hope he makes it. It will be so good for him. Say a prayer please!!
      I have no decorations out. I don’t know what I’m going to do. I’m undecided. I honestly feel it’s not worth the effort this year. I have so much to go through of Gary’s belongings, I feel that is what I should concentrate on. I want the house back together. I know that sounds awful, snd not me at all. But when Bob said he has no intention of decorating outside or getting the stuff out if the attic, it just took the tiny bit of holiday spirit right out of me. Trust me, it did not take a lit to remove it. Then add that Frankie and Gary did the outside for me, and they are not available kind of sealed my fate
      So glad you are decorating!! Thrilled to hear how well your holiday went. Such nice news to hear snd that Brent and family had a great time too. I love good news
      Aldo attaching flowers Jhonny gave me. Very pretty!
      Luv Adele

• Colleen
      Participant

Hi ladies,
      Sounds like everyone had a fun day. Gail sounds like you had a good visit with Brent and his family. That sounds like a fun day playing games after dinner. We do not play games anymore because we have the two little ones that cannot play the games. It is hard to fin the ones that want to entertain the little ones when the rest of us are playing games. So we kind of gave that up for a year or two. Unless we play candy cane with Grayson and then just worry about Nova. That was fun getting to take them to a hockey game. It is hard to believe that they had never been to a hockey game. I guess that not everyone is sports minded. If we did not go to professional games we went to watch high school teams or college. It must have been a great time for Greg and Brent to do things together again.
      Adele it sounds like you had a nice Thanks-giving. It was nice that so many showed up. Maybe you can find someone to help with the out door decorations .Maybe you can get someone to put up a couple of the decorations outside. Maybe your favorite ones. This will all work out. I know when mom died I did not feel like decorating but the kids changed my mind. I did not do as much but am doing better now. Just do not stop it will make things worse. Maybe Bobby will change his mind and put a couple out for you. I hope that JJ makes the basket ball team. It will be fun for him He is really growing up.
      They finally had the funeral mass for my brother. I was glad to have it over with. It was a nice service. His fraternity brothers did some type of ceremony. It was the ceremony of the whit rose. I was surprised at how many of his old college buddies showed up. They had his ashes there which to me was hard to take. It is finally done. They sang Ava Maria. I spelled that wrong. Leah wanted them to sing that because it is sung at all the family funerals. It just makes you think of all the people that have died. They had a nice dinner afterward and then we all went to Leah’s house for awhile. It was fun talking about some of the things he use to do when he was a kid.
      Well that is about all from here. Have a great night and stay safe.
      Colleen

• adele shanbar
      Participant

Dearest Colleen
      I am so sorry about your brother. I didn’t remember hearing about his passing. Please forgive me. I would never have ignored his passing. How are you doing with him being gone? It’s awful to loose a sibling. We expect to bury our parents. We don’t expect to bury people our ages. So sorry
      Luv u
      Adele

• Colleen
      Participant

Hi Adele,
      My brother died last year the day after Thanks-giving. My sil just could not have the funeral mass it was ending everything. I was glad when they had it. It finally gave us all closure. It was nice to see all his old buddies. The family was all there also. So much has been going on I can see how you can forget.
      Have a good night and stay safe.
      Colleen

• adele shanbar
      Participant

Hey Colleen
      I can understand her wanting to wait. But, thst was a very long time
      I bound not bury Gary’s ashes. I thought his ashes would comfort me here in the house. They do not.
      I know how your SIL feels. Empty That’s how I feel. It will pass. I hope. I still can’t believe he is gone.
      I hope your day is going well
      Adele

• Colleen
      Participant

Hi Adele,
      I do not think that it helped her to wait. She had that to worry about and get it all set up. I wish that I could have seen him one more time but it did not work out. It is not helping Leah keeping the ashes but I do not know her feelings or what goes on in her head. I think that she is getting use to him being gone now. It has been a year but she still misses him. I know that takes longer. Just put up some decorations and try to enjoy Christmas. It will be good for the greats. They still have to have Santa and have a really good day.
      Luv Ya
      Colleen

• adele shanbar
      Participant

Hi Colleen
      I ordered 3 3 foot lit trees battery operated from Amazon. They are on timers. I’m putting 2 on the dining room table and one in the kitchen or living room. That should at least add some lights to the house
      Not only do I miss Gary, but Frankie was my assistant decorator. He got the stuff down from the attic, fired them up, and placed them outside for me.
      I’m going to get out the crystal balls I put on the lights in all the rooms over the weekend. Bobby said he’d put them up on the lights I can’t reach
      I hope it will work out. Ho. Ho. Ho
      Hope you have a good day
      Adele

• Colleen
      Participant

Hi Adele,
      Those trees sound really cute. You should put a couple more things out in the living room to make the house cheery. You need to make things a little brighter so you can cheer up a little.
      Have you been doing any Christmas shopping. That helps also. Even if it is just ordering on the internet. I am finally about done with my shopping. I just have to pick up some gift cards and that is it. I really do ot like giving gift cards but this year I am stumped. Owen wants things for his computer so will just give him money to buy it himself. Aliza always wants a gift card so this year I got her one. I just hope she will not be upset because there are no toys for her under the tree. She will get plenty from Santa at home but none here.
      I hope Bobby helps you with the crystal balls. Maybe if you say something about getting the outside out to put up he just do it for you. He would not want you to go up and get the decorations .lol
      Have a good night and stay safe.
      Colleen

• adele shanbar
      Participant

Hi Colleen
      Has anyone heard from DD? I hope she’s ok
      Today I got all Gary’s clothes out if the bureau. I already got rid of socks snd undies. I put aside a couple of things for the grands that were special. His Christmas sweater, for one. When JJ gets home, he’ll help me with the closet. Bobby is taking everything to Salvation Army for me. I like to donate to them. They do a lot of good work. Then I will start on the office next week.
      I am getting the crystal balls out tomorrow to hang on the lights. The trees are coming tomorrow from Amazon
      I have been getting stuff for the kids I also hit all the gift certificates from Amazon. I hit so many, they called me to see if the charge was real! Lol
      Have a good day!
      Adele

• Gail Norusis
      Participant

Starting a new chat page for December. See you all there.

• Gail Norusis
      Participant

Hi Adele,
      You weren’t on the December chat so i had to go back to November. maybe you will get a notification from this post since you posted in November and you can come and find your way back to the January thread. Fingers crossed.

Viewing 51 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Share on Facebook
Facebook
Pin on Pinterest
Pinterest
Tweet about this on Twitter
Twitter
Email this to someone
email

Share this with a Smile
X Close
Watch QVC
top finds links QVC LIVE QVC PLUS QVC UK