Chit Chat February 20222022-02-01T15:25:41-05:00

Home Forums General Quacker Chatter Chit Chat February 2022

Viewing 56 reply threads
  • Author
      Participant

Hi everyone,
      Adele you really did get walloped with snow.
      I’m glad that all the patients are on the mend.
      Poor Tillie, I think as we age our skin gets very tender as i remember things like that bothering my MIL too.
      You really are lucky to have Bobby doing snow duty.
      Colleen, Happy Birthday to Grayson. Gosh the time has flown.
      I don’t think Jenny’s kids will ever try to fly as she has made them so afraid.
      I guess something bad must have happened to you to make you so fearful.
      I’m not afraid to fly I just intensely dislike doing it anymore as it is such a hassle and I feel like we are packed in like sardines. I remember the old days of flying where it was an adventure and people behaved well and everything wasn’t so crowded and you actually got some service. Now all the passengers are angry for one reason or another and it doesn’t take much to set someone off into crazy behavior. It’s like being on a crowded subway in the air.
      We don’t have any more birthdays until May and then it is Jenny and Greg-Piper was in December and Kendall in January.
      DD, I hope you are feeling better after your fall. It will be nice to spread out in the bigger bed. Snowball will get used to it eventually.
      She is a very opinionated cat. lol
      I watched the Quacker shows but didn’t find anything as I have sworn off buying the 3/4 sleeve tops as i have a million of them and I find I just don’t wear them as much as either long or short sleeves. And they don’t push up easily when i am washing dishes or things like that so they always get wet at the bottom of the sleeves. I have decided I don’t like the look of them either-give me either long or short sleeves but not in between.
      Gail

Attachments:
    • adele shanbar
      Participant

Hey Gailster!
      Isn’t it funny how we change our likes and dislikes?? Especially as we age.
      We are getting rain and ice overnight, I think
      Then on Friday, we are getting a smaller storm. That one is coming with a real mess…. rain, sleet and snow. Yuck
      I hope DD is loving her new bed!! I bet her kitty is taking it over! Lol
      I also hope she is feeling better from the fall. Those things are strange. Sometimes you are in a lot more pain days later
      We had to get the washing machine serviced again. This time a broken pump. Very nice man came out. Always hate the cost, but it could have been worst
      Amanda is in Prague. She did not like Vienna. She said it was very dirty….. that’s what she texted Bobby
      Santino has no more symptoms. But he is still testing positive. So, no Marissa and Santino the tornado this week! It’s getting Linley over here without them and Amanda too!!
      I hope Colleen has better weather. Also hope they had a good birthday celebration!!
      Hope everyone is good, warm, and safe!!
      Adele

• Colleen
      Participant

Hi Gail and Adele,
      Well I guess that it is our turn to get bad weather. It is raining right now and is supposed to change to freezing rain and then to snow. They have advisory out for us now. We will see what will happen.
      I flew in a small plane and it was loud and the wind made the ride scary. I never got on a plane again after that. My parents took me on a tour of a bigger plane. They walked us thru the plane and took us to the cock pit and that did not help. So I am not going to get on another plane.
      The birthday party went really well. He loved his cake it had a tractor on it and he could keep it and play with it. We gave him a race track thing that he liked. We liked it because it does not need batteries. That is unusual.
      I have been so tired the last few days and going to bed really early. It is terrible to be this tired. Do you ever get like that where you are so tired you cannot get enough sleep.
      I have not bought anything from Quacker that is new. I have bought a couple of things that were on clearance. It seems like everything is getting so expensive. Even Denim and Co. is getting expensive. They usually are not as much as some of the other company’s.
      Tillie is getting older and everything changes. I can remember my mom going thru a lot of changes as she got older and it bothered her a lot. I have been missing her a lot and my brother. His ashes have not been buried yet and we have not had the memorial mass for him. I am really upset about that.
      Well that is about all from here. Have a good night and stay safe.
      Colleen

• adele shanbar
      Participant

Hi Colleen
      That is happening a lot lately. The funeral or memorial is way after the persons death. I also think it makes it harder on everyone to wait so long to say goodbye. I’m so sorry for you loss
      It is very hard to be that tired. Are you sure you don’t have a UTI? They are very sneaky in elderly people. You don’t realize you have one until you eventually land in the ER.
      That’s so nice that you all had a great time at the birthday party! Those are the celebrations that keep us happy
      Santino has no symptoms but is still testing positive. So, no visits this eeek from my little guy!
      We are getting your weather tomorrow night 😵‍💫☃️ My joints will be crying.! Lol
      Have a good day!
      Adele

• Colleen
      Participant

Hi Adele,
      We are getting a lot of frozen rain. We have not had any snow yet at least not where we are. I think they are getting a lot of snow in St. Louis. I have not heard from my daughter yet to tell me how much they got.
      I do not think it is a UTI. I was just at the doctor the other day and they took a urine sample. Because of being a diabetic they check that a lot. Just about every time I get a blood work done they check for UTIs and bladder infections.
      I wonder why Santino is still testing positive for covid. If he does not have the symptoms then. I think that this is all guess work and nobody understands what is going on.
      I know what you mean about the weather bothering arthritis. My back and my arms and neck are sore. I have it in my hands also. It is really aggravating. At least I can still type on the computer it is not that bad yet.
      Well that is about all from here Have a great night and stay safe.
      Colleen

• adele shanbar
      Participant

Hey Colleen
      That is one reason I do needlepoint. The more I do, the less my hands hurt. If I don’t do it gif a few days, my fingers begin to ache.
      Do you like to do any crewel or needlepoint, or knit? It could help the pain
      I woke up and found hardly walk. Thus ice storm coming is really hurting my joints, especially the left foot and back!! Lol. It will pass….
      I hope your weather is getting better. Nothing worst than aches from bad weather.
      Aizen is doing a school project kn hue hud family came to the US. He gas to pick kbe country, snd he picked Germany. Since Amanda was just there with my cousin., they wanted some pics if her with my cousin and her husband
      My cousin sent some great pics…. Of my Mom and Dad’s wedding, and even their wedding invitation!! Tillie is thrilled. I hope he gets a good grade on this one!
      When you think of it, it is amazing the many countries family members came from to make The Aizen:
      Germany
      Italy
      Dominican Republic
      Puerto Rico
      England
      Ireland
      When you think about it, it is amazing!! I think the teacher picked a great subject for these It shows how diverse we all are! It will make any new immigrants in class feel quite normal
      Have a good night!
      Adele

• adele shanbar
      Participant

Hey Colleen
      That is one reason I do needlepoint. The more I do, the less my hands hurt. If I don’t do it gif a few days, my fingers begin to ache.
      Do you like to do any crewel or needlepoint, or knit? It could help the pain
      I woke up and found hardly walk. Thus ice storm coming is really hurting my joints, especially the left foot and back!! Lol. It will pass….
      I hope your weather is getting better. Nothing worst than aches from bad weather.
      Aizen is doing a school project kn hue hud family came to the US. He gas to pick kbe country, snd he picked Germany. Since Amanda was just there with my cousin., they wanted some pics if her with my cousin and her husband
      My cousin sent some great pics…. Of my Mom and Dad’s wedding, and even their wedding invitation!! Tillie is thrilled. I hope he gets a good grade on this one!
      When you think of it, it is amazing the many countries family members came from to make The Aizen:
      Germany
      Italy
      Dominican Republic
      Puerto Rico
      England
      Ireland
      When you think about it, it is amazing!! I think the teacher picked a great subject for these It shows how diverse we all are! It will make any new immigrants in class feel quite normal
      Have a good night!
      Adele

• Colleen
      Participant

Hi Adele,
      I wish that I could do things like that but I am not good at it. I use to latch hook but have not done that in a long time. You cannot find the all the things that you need to do it.
      This weather is hard on the joints. I spoke too soon the last time I was on here. We ended up with 81/2 inches on the ground. We have been stuck at home waiting for them to clear the roads. Ron got our small tractor started and cleared our drive and a path to the house. I have not been out of the house yet. I cannot find my boots.
      That is an interesting topic for the kids to write about. He should have a lot of fun doing that and talking to you and Tillie about family. It is nice that Amanda was just there. I hope he has a good time writing this.
      That is about all from here. Have a great night and stay safe.
      Colleen

• adele shanbar
      Participant

Ho Colleen
      We got 2 inches of ice. What a mess out there the cars are coated in ice It will get warmer on Monday snd it will easily fall off.
      Bobby has been working on the driveway and walkways. The snowblower is useless in this!
      I finished the ones fir my cousin in Germany. I’ll attach the pics
      Thst was a lot of snow! I hope they plowed your road by now. That’s awful. Also hope you find your boots.
      I had to take a prednisone pack. The pain in the foot would not stop and I couldn’t walk. I hate to take it, but the way I was leaning all the way over the walker was not good It could cause other issues walking so bent over. So it was best to just rake it.
      I hope you are having a good day
      Did you see Jay Lo in Tv promoting her new movie, “Marry Me”. It looks real good. She sand the title song with the co star. Looks like a fabulous sound track! I’m dying for it to come out. I may spring for the 19.99 to buy it! Lol
      Luv u
      Adele

• adele shanbar
      Participant

Trying again to load pic

• Colleen
      Participant

Hi Adele,
      Wow that was a lot of ice. I hope that it warms up a little so you can get out and it melts. SDo you have enough groceries? That would be the hardest thing to get when the roads are bad. They probably do not deliver either.
      I do not understand why it is so hard to post pictures on this site. I noticed that sometimes DD has trouble also. I was hoping to see what you made for your cousin in Germany. It is nice that you do that for her.
      It is a good thing that you are taking the prednisone sounds like you really need it. right now. I hope that it helps soon. How is your back? I hope you are doing better?
      I did not see Jay Lo promoting her new movie. I do like to here her sing. She has a good voice. I saw one of the old QVC host on tv doing advertisements for some product. I cannot remember her name right now. I will think of it after I get off here. She quit before they started firing all thest hosts on the show. I think her last name was Robison.
      That is all from here. Have a good night and stay safe.
      Luv u
      Colleen

• adele shanbar
      Participant

Hi Colleen
      I’ll try to load the pics again
      The prednisone made the pain in the foot and shoulders stop.
      It’s cold today and will be cold tomorrow. On Tuesday the ice should start to melt. I noticed it’s melting a little with the sun. The sun is always brighter this time of year, and that helps
      Amanda’s flight from Iceland is boarding now. I used the flight tracker to watch her plane fly home. Lol
      Hope your day is going well
      You should Google the trailer for the movie. I know you would love it
      Dele

• Gail Norusis
      Participant

Hi Everyone,
      Wow, that time for Amanda went very quickly-it seems like she just left. I’ll bet she’ll have good stories to tell and many wonderful memories.
      I guess a lot of people got that ice-that’s worse then snow. Bobby will need a vacation after all this.
      Good choice for Aizen picking Germany. He can interview Tillie for his essay.
      I always thought how overwhelming it must have been to come here from another country not even knowing the language. Of course that’s how the majority of our ancestors got here unless they were native Americans. I know Greg has the documentation of his grandfather coming here-it even says how much money he had with him. I can’t remember the exact amount but it wasn’t much.
      We just had a new water softener put in Friday so we will see if there is improvement in the water quality. I guess they are only good for 10 to 15 years and we have had the same one since the house was built 24 years ago so it’s no wonder if it wasn’t working right anymore. lol
      We didn’t go to Jenny’s Friday as Lachlan was just getting over being sick. He was negative for covid but we didn’t want to take the chance of getting a cold or flu either. We have been watching the Olympics but somehow they are not as much fun without any spectators and I liked the back ground stories that they would normally do about the food and customs of the country that they were in-but since the reporters have to stay in a bubble if they are there they can’t do any of the back ground and local color. I guess viewership is way down. And then next weekend they will compete with the Super Bowl for viewers.
      I saw the preview for that new JLo movie-Greg said she and Owen Wilson seem like an odd pairing. I kind of think she is over rated as I don’t really think of her as much of a singer-more a dancer. Also someone who seems not to be happy unless she has a man. I know I’m being a bit catty. Sometimes my claws just have to come out. lol
      I hope that you are feeling better.
      We were invited to a wedding in California recently. It’s some guy that Greg knew from the choir and he is trying to get as many guys out there as possible so the choir can sing at his wedding. We said no thanks. I don’t even know him and Greg has no interest in going.
      Colleen, those small planes are really a lot more frightening than a jet. It’s too bad that was your first experience and it frightened you so badly. We never know how certain things might affect us and change our lives.
      You got quite a bit of snow. We were lucky that it all stayed south of us.
      You know the only time I was so tired that I couldn’t stay awake was when I had mono. But I also had a fever and some other issues.
      Maybe it’s just the winter weather and lack of sunshine.
      You know if you are still interested in latch hook look at Herschnerr’s online or get a catalog. They still sell lots of latch hook kits in there. Also places like Hobby Lobby or Michael’s might have some. Or Amazon.
      I’m sorry that they have not had the memorial for your brother yet. Maybe they are waiting for a time when more people can attend or something. I know it’s hard on you just thinking about it.
      We have had sunshine today so that is a good thing.
      I hope everyone has a happy, healthy sunshiny week ahead and we all get to do something fun.
      Gail

Attachments:
    • adele shanbar
      Participant

Gailster!!
      How could you!! I LOVE Jay Lo. Lol. Lol
      I love her singing, dancing or acting. She can do anything. She’s one of my favorites. I also love the Wahlberg boys, The Rock, Kevin Hart, Terraji, Tom Selek, and a few others I can’t remember right now….. oh….. the one who plays Madea!! There is one more black actress who is also a comedy star I can’t remember her name she is hysterical. Even her voice is funny,
      Then there are the serious actors……lol
      The Panda has landed. Bobby said she’ll be going through customs twice. Once out of the plane snd again with her luggage. She’s going to Danny’s she won’t come here until Wed, just to be sure
      It’s freezing up here.
      I did a boiled dinner tonight. Forgot to take a pic!!!
      Glad you got the new water settled. Also glad you didn’t go to see the kids. You just never know! I’d go the same with the wedding. Just not worth it
      Hope you get better weather, cause it comes here soon after. Lol
      Luv ya
      PS. I hope DD is ok!!!!! We saw a Hallmark movie the other night thst we recorded in the Fall. It was based in Oregon. What beautiful scenery!!! All I thought of was our DD
      Luv u all
      Adele.

• Gail Norusis
      Participant

Hello Everyone,
      Well we are another week closer to spring.
      I must say so far this winter we haven’t had a lot of snow although that could change in a nanosecond.
      We have cold temperatures but even then we will get a break with a day that is 40 every once in a while.
      I often think it would be so bizarre to live year round in Florida or other places that do not get cold winters. Your life style would be so different in that you can be out and about all year round. I guess that’s why so many people retire to Florida.
      So none of us have any home teams in The Super Bowl so we will watch just because it’s the Super Bowl and for the commercials although I have to say the last few years they didn’t impress me that much either. I guess I’m just getting old and grouchy.
      I’m not that interested in the half time show either as rap is not usually our music of choice. But I will watch. Maybe Snoop Dog will bring his buddy Martha Stewart on stage with him. lol
      You know Adele you listed off a bunch of actors and such that you liked and it made me realize that off the top of my head I can’t think of any Hollywood type that I just adore. I really am turning into a crank.
      We did get to see the kids this Friday but we never did see Kendall as she spent the whole time in her room with a stomach ache sleeping. Those teenagers can sleep for days.
      So Jenny’s niece has been in the hospital since last week because she swallowed three magnets. She is the same age as Piper so she should be old enough to know better. There’s no pediatric unit in any of the local hospitals so she had to be taken into a suburban hospital too so her Mom has been staying in the city with her.
      Nothing much else has been happening. Illinois is dropping it’s indoor mask mandate again at the end of February. Jenny said the schools have already dropped theirs because of someone’s law suit, but she said her kids are still wearing their masks as of right now.
      I don’t think we’ll ever be able to go to a doctor’s office again without a mask.
      I think as the weather starts to warm we’ll start venturing out to restaurants again. It seems like maybe in the summer months we’ll be able to do more things and in the winter we will have to stay home more for the forseeable future as the virus ebbs and flows.
      We have been watching some of the Olympics-mostly the figure skating-not as much as we usually do though. We have been watching the Jeopardy College Championship as we are big fans of trivia. I always wanted to go play ourselves just to see how we would do. There’s a local place that has trivia on Thursdays so as soon as we feel comfortable going out to a bar again we want to try going there to play. We might be good or we might suck. We’re probably okay if they don’t have questions about young people music or social media. lol
      Happy Valentine’s Day everyone. Greg did bring me a bouquet from the grocery store the other day. The one bad thing about flowers anymore is they no longer have any smell but they do last longer so there’s a trade off.
      Gail

Attachments:
    • adele shanbar
      Participant

Hello all
      Gailster…. Glad you saw the kids. I’ll be waiting to hear if you liked trivia!!
      Colleen… hope you don’t have much snow left
      DD…. Hoping all us well and your pretty kitty is keeping you entertained!!

Lots to say
      Gary came home from hud purse yesterday. They repaired 2 stints and added another one. That one has more than 50% blockage snd would have caused a heart attack
      Tillie went by ambulance to ER still 6:30 thus am. Gallstones. Also said the growth on her pancreas got a little bigger. After specialist sees her we will know more
      Amanda is safely home. Saw all her pics.
      It’s snowing here. Will snow all day
      I have some cool snacks for the game. But it doesn’t seem nice with all going on. The game is just not as important anymore or fun. I would root for the Rams. Due to all the crazy with people coming and going to hospital, Gary snd I decided to eat the left over beef stew, and I’ll do the pigs in a blanket for him.
      I’ll try to attach the stew and pic of coin purse I did for Enzo’s sister
      Hope you all are ok!!!!
      Adele

Attachments:
    • Gail Norusis
      Participant

Hi Adele,
      You had a busy few days. Now was this something that was scheduled for Gary or was it an emergency.
      Is Tillie back home now?
      I see the stew but not the coin purse.
      It looks good. What goodies did you have planned for the game?
      I was cold and ending up crawling under a blanket and falling asleep before the game ended.
      We had rotisserie chicken from the grocery store deli and deli potato salad and cole slaw so we had an easy meal.
      I did have a Bloody Mary cocktail before dinner but I was missing the green olives that I like to put in it. Oh well-it was good anyway.
      So I’ll bet you enjoyed the pictures from Amanda’s trip and everything turned out fine after you worried. lol
      I hope she brought back souvenirs to remember her trip. I know Brent brought back a little something for everyone on his two trips to Africa. And tons of pictures.
      I hope everyone is healing and things get back to normal soon.
      Gail

• Gail Norusis
      Participant

Happy Valentines Day Everyone!

Attachments:
    • adele shanbar
      Participant

HAPPY. VALENTINES. DAY

Love. Adele

• adele shanbar
      Participant

Hey Gailster
      Gary’s was scheduled. They found the heart problem when he had pneumonia. I now feel the pneumonia was a blessing because he would be dead by now. One blockage was over 50% blocked. No wonder he could not breathe!!

He came out if the hospital Saturday, and Tillie went in early Sunday am. They think she has shingles. A rash on her chest is consistent with it. She was seen by I Infectious Disease. They are already giving her an antibiotic-viral IV.

Doing an MRI on her after she is cleared They did a Cat scan. The growth on her pancreas got a little larger and she has gall stones. We already knew that. They want the MRI to see if the growth turned malignant. Praying it has not.

They feel her pain source could be the shingles, once it is verified, not just suspected

It’s been nuts. I could not eat our snacks last night because my belly went nuts. Missed half the game cause I was in the bathroom. Lol. I think it was stress snd the carrots I ate with dip. I should have known better!!!

Please say prayers for Tillie. Bobby us visiting her now. He’s the only one allowed as he was with her all day yesterday, so he is already st risk.

Life just gets crazier all the time!
      Happy Valentines Dsy!
      Adele

• Gail Norusis
      Participant

Hi Adele,
      You did have a crazy weekend.
      I’m so glad that they caught that blockage on Gary.
      I will be praying for Tillie. Shingles are supposed to be very painful too on top of all her other issues. I will pray that there was nothing bad with the pancreas.
      No wonder you had a nervous stomach.
      I sure wish things would calm down and even out over there so you could get back to feeling well too.
      We are supposed to be having a heat wave of 40 and then 50 here and then it will get cold and snow. It’s been a winter of extremes.
      Gail

Attachments:
    • adele shanbar
      Participant

Hey Gailster
      Hose memes are funny. Love the crochet lady!
      Tillies shingles are getting worse. They are going around to her back. They are giving her an anti viral med. plus painkillers. Dr says it’s about a week before they heal
      It’s awful for her because she is used to being around family all day long. I told them they have to feed her because he gets sick on pain meds. Gastro dr stopped food, because she keeps vomiting. Told them that’s why. Also asked dr to get her walking because she w loose ground and not be able to walk when she comes home. Dr is having PT come in
      Tillie cried. Little this am and said she misses me. Told her the same back. Bobby will face time me when he gets there today. He’s the only one allowed in.
      Gary is ok. But now the wound where they did his is red, itchy and raised and hot. I want to scream!
      I can’t get the coin purse to loan on here. Keeps saying error. I’ll try again
      It’s cold up here. Getting warmer, then another cold spell with possible snow??
      I ordered breakfast for me and Gary this am. I felt we needed some treat for Valentines Day. ♥️🥴
      Hope your day is good!!
      Adele

• Colleen
      Participant

Hi All,
      I am so glad that Gary is doing better. That is terrible that Tillie has shingles. I have heard that they are really painful. I hope that she comes home really soon and will be a lot more comfortable. I hope they find something that they can give her for pain that will not make her sick. She has to be upset not being around you when she is sick. It is always better to be home with family.
      Gail, that half time show was something else. I like Snoop Dog also not sure about the others that were on there I have not really seen them before. Ron turned the station while the half time part was on. When the game came back on he turned it back on.
      I wonder why that child swallowed those magnets. Is she home now? What did they have to do to get them out of her? That is really scary when kids swallow something like that. I am glad that you got to see your grand kids. Ethan is staying with us for 7 weeks. Kylie is spending the night tonight. Brook was here earlier with the kids. The baby was so crabby tonight. She did a lot of fussing. Grayson kept telling here to stop crying. When she would not listen he just walked off and started playing again. I guess that he figured there was no use to keep trying. He is just so cute.
      I do not know how parents can afford to buy clothes for more then one. We bought him some school clothes and have to buy him some shoes. I have heard that they are even more expensive then the clothes. I am really not looking forward to buying him shoes.
      It was warm today but it is supposed to be cold here on Thursday. They said we may get some freezing rain. I hope they are wrong and it just rains we do not need the freezing rain. That is enough to cause accidents. I wish it would be snow that is better. They can shovel that but not frozen rain.
      That is all from here. Have a great night and stay safe.
      Colleen

• Gail Norusis
      Participant

Hi Adele,
      I am so sorry that Tillie is going through all this. Thank goodness that Bobby can go to see her. I know during covid usually only one designated visitor is allowed in. Just imagine all the elderly people in nursing homes who weren’t allowed to have anyone in during the beginning of covid. How sad, lonely and scared they must have been. That was a good idea to have the PT as the elderly can lose ground quickly if they have been in bed for too long.
      I am saying prayers that all will be well.
      I also hope that Gary heals up without any problems.
      Good idea to have a Valentine’s breakfast. I don’t think we could do that here as we would have to go pick it up as nowhere that has breakfasts delivers. We used to go out a lot for breakfast but now I can’t remember the last time we had breakfast out.
      Greg’s brother and his wife are visiting his sister in Florida next week. Hopefully next year we can visit them there as they have been asking us to come for a while. We just found out that our insurance will no longer pay for an expensive medicine that I take so we are switching to the generic and hoping that I will do okay with that one. I like the way they drop coverage and don’t even tell you until you go to refill. Because Greg is still working we don’t use medicare-not that that would make a difference.
      I hope things will calm down at your house and you can have some peaceful living for a while. Once again that goodness for Bobby.
      Gail

Attachments:
    • Gail Norusis
      Participant

Hi Colleen,
      So I take it Ron doesn’t care for rap music. lol It’s not my first choice either but I did want to see the half time show just so I would know what people would be talking about. Greg was going to skip over it as we were recording the game but i told him I wanted to see it.
      I don’t know if Isla is home yet or not. I will find out the details from Jenny on Friday. You would think a nine year old would know better than to be putting something in her mouth.
      I remember when Lachlan put a piece of popcorn up his nose but he was a lot younger. And I just found out that Greg put a jujube up his nose when he was little. Do they even still make jujubees? I haven’t seen any in years.
      So Ethan will be with you for 7 weeks. That’s a long time. I think you said they have year round school so this must be his break. What grade is he in now?
      I don’t know about the price of regular kid’s clothes but I remember a few years back I was filling a list for an ONP kid and one of the items was a winter coat and I was surprised at the cost of a kids winter coat and I wasn’t in a fancy store or anything either. I think I was in Kohls.
      We are kind of getting the same weather as you except the rain is supposed to change to snow.
      Have fun with Ethan. if he is a typical teenager he will spend a lot of time in his room and you will barely know he is there except when he emerges to eat and then your pantry will be empty. Those kids can eat!
      Gail

Attachments:
    • adele shanbar
      Participant

Hello Colleen
      Yes the shoes have become quite expensive. Everything has. It’s nuts!
      Gary is off to the doctor because his incision got red and funny looking. Dr started him in an antibiotic yesterday
      Gary feels better but is still having trouble breathing when he walks. Dr said it will take a while for things to improve He gets tired very easily
      Tillie may come home in a couple of days. They have to get her moving first. She only leaves the bed to use the bathroom. She did sound better. They added steroids for the rash, and that made it improve
      I am so stressed that my belly is starting to go a little crazy. Last night I ate 2 hard boiled eggs, yogurt snd crackers. Great dinner, huh? Lol. Lol. You have to do what you gave to do!
      You will have so much fun with your grandson. I will be waiting to hear the funny stories!
      It’s so nice to have the kids for a while. After they leave, the house is so empty!!
      Have fun!!!!
      Adele

• adele shanbar
      Participant

Hey Gailster
      That’s awful about your medicine. I hate when that happens. Not fair. It should just about work the same. I hope it will!
      I want Tillie to come home Friday or Sat because Bobby will be home He has an overnight shift at the airport , so he has Fri off. ( they don’t like the passengers to see the exterminator murdering the rats). Have I ever told you I call Bobby a “Hired Killer?” Some days he finds me amusing, and some days he does not. Lol.
      Did you know it is illegal to catch a wild animal, and let it loose somewhere else? They have to destroy them because you could introduce disease into another population area if the animal is sick. Lots or rules and regs extermination ….. and quite a few licenses. I had no idea until he went into that line of work. I find the rules on bees fascinating. They are highly protected. As well they should be.
      Hope your day is good!
      Adele

• adele shanbar
      Participant

Oh…. Please read the post to Colleen for more info
      🙏🏻👍

• Colleen
      Participant

Hi Gail,
      Ron does not like Rap music he usually only listens to Country Western and Gospel. I like to listen to a lot of different music. I wish that I could get Ron to listen to more music.
      It is hard to believe that a nine year old would put something like that in her mouth and swallow it. I never heard of such a thing. You would think that those things would have a terrible taste.
      Little kids will stick all kinds of things up their nose and in their ears. I can remember when Kylie stuck a bead up her nose. Mandy had to take her to the hospital and have them get it out. She really shoved it up there as far as she could.
      Where they live now goes to school like the kids here. We had to put him in school here for the 7 weeks. Melissa is in Orange County California. She got a new job and she is being trained to be a manager. It is a new restaurant they are going to open. I guess there is a lot to learn in management. She is excited about getting the job and nervous having to go away for training.
      We got Ethan’s shoes last night. They were on sale so was glad about that. He was being really careful not to put a crease in his shoes until he wore them to school. It is really funny.
      Thanks for posting the memes. They really do cheer us up and we all need that. This weather is depressing it is cloudy all the time. We had snow today and sleet. It is really cold here but is supposed to warm up and then next week we are supposed to get more snow. This weather is crazy.
      Well that is all from here. Have a great night and stay safe.
      Colleen

• Colleen
      Participant

Hi Adele,
      I will keep praying for Gary and Tillie to get better. I hope that Tillie comes home soon. Hopefully the antibiotics will help Gary with his wound. This has really been a rough few months for you and your family.
      That is funny that you call Bobby a hired killer. That must be a rough job. Does he just work at the airport or does he do this in different places? I would never do that I cannot stand mice or rats. They are creepy.
      Try to calm done a bit. It is not good to feel like that all the time. Do you take anything to help calm your nerves? That may help with your stomach problem. It may help you to get thru all the problems that you are having right now.
      Ethan asked us tonight if he could stay until the school year ends. He said that he really enjoyed living here. He likes the school and he is making friends. I think that he likes the girls. lol
      I wrote more about what is going on the post to Gail. Read that if you would like to. Well that is all from here. Have a great night and stay safe.
      Colleen

• adele shanbar
      Participant

Hey Colleen!
      That’s so nice about Ethan!! What a cutie. I bet you’d love if he stays until the end of the year. I loved it when JJ was here!!
      It went from 60 to the 29’s today. It is crazy. Tomorrow we may get snow. Imagine??
      They are working with Tilie , but she is still not able to walk with her walker. I’m afraid she may end up in the rehab/ nursing home. She us very upset about it
      Please keep saying prayers for her
      Gary is ok. He is still breathless when he walks. But not as bad as before. Dr said everything looks good. His incision is not infected. It was blisters from the coverings they put in the cut. More from the adhesive than anything else. The doctor popped them (yuck) and dressed the wound. It looks a lot better today
      Gary still gets very tired, but I see improvement in that area too
      I hope you have a good weekend. Have fun with your grandson!!
      Adele

• Dianne Danielson
      Participant

HI Ladies,
      Yes it’s me!! I’m alive. Sorry it’s been so long since I was on here, but I didn’t have anything to write about.
      There’s a QF show tomorrow (Tues) in the afternoon your time. I think it’s at 2 pm ET. There’s one tonight in the middle of the night out there. Be sure to check your local listings.
      This will be short as it’s late out here. I hope you all see this before the show. there were some really cute things the last time, but couldn;t afford any.
      I thought we were close to getting out of winter’s grip but wishful thinking. Weekend before last we had a gorgeous three days of upper 60s, even low 70s in some areas. But this week we’re seeing temps down into the teens & 20s overnight, & not getting above the 30s for the highs for most of the week.
      There will be lots of snow in the mts, but nothing down here, as far as I know.
      I;m still in the process of putting out my spring decor. I can’t wait to see flowers again.
      Well, that’s all for tonight. I’m being summoned by a 4 legged furball that it’s bedtime.
      dd

Attachments:
    • adele shanbar
      Participant

Hi DD
      Thank you for the show news!!!
      Our weather is bizarre. It was 50 yesterday. Colder today and having a wind/rain storm shortly. On Friday we are getting 6 in of snow. Totally crazy
      I’ve been working on our taxes to get ready for accountant. Also fielding the falls for aTillie. She is going to rehab tomorrow. It takes two people to move her to a chair and she can’t stand up with her walker. Please say a prayer she will cooperate with PT and be able to come back home🙏🏻🙏🏻🙏🏻♥️♥️♥️👍👍
      I’m glad you are ok and decorating. I’m not sure I’ll get my Easter stuff out😩
      So glad to hear from you!!!
      Adele

• Colleen
      Participant

Hi DD,
      Glad to see you posting again. There is not much going on anywhere around right now. We have had bad weather for awhile now. Well I have to take that back we did have a couple of days when it was really nice out. Then it got really cold again. It has been sleeting here today and now it is supposed to snow. I am not sure how much we are supposed to get.
      I had been taping all the Quacker shows on the dvr but all of a sudden it stopped. I am going to have to try it again. I do not understand why this happens. I missed both shows. I did look on the internet and saw what they had on the show. Their clothes are getting high again. So did not buy anything.
      I still have a couple of my Santas out. I forgot to put them away. I have a big one that I really like and do not want to put it away. I do not have any of my spring things out yet. I need to get my Easter things out but do not know if I will or not.
      Well that is about all from here. Have a great night and stay safe.
      Colleen.

• Colleen
      Participant

Hi Adele,
      I am sorry to hear about Tillie. I hope she does well with PT. That is one thing wrong with our parents they decide that they are not going to do something and they get upset if we try to get them to. My mom was like that. She did better when she could be at home and therapy came to her home. There were three of us to stay with her so we could take turns. It is hard when you have to do it alone.
      We have been really busy with Ethan here. He needed new shoes and clothes and now we have to take him to get glasses. His mom was out of work so instesd of telling us she needed help the kids had to wear what they had and just make do. I feel bad for the kids but she has to do what she can. I am glad that she found this job she really needed it.
      It was sleeting here today and it is supposed to start snowing now. I do not know how much we are going to get. I am hoping that it is not that much. Ethan did not have school today but he did have virtual learning today. They had on the news that he will not have school tomorrow just virtual classes again. He was really disappointed because he likes school. He likes being around the other kids I guess he gets bored here with us. Gee that is hard to understand as much fun loving as we are. lol Hw was talking to me about finishing the rest of high school here. He has two more years til he is done. We will have to see his mom may not want him to live here. She would rather he stay with her which is understandable.
      Well that is about all from here. Please take care of yourself and rest.
      Colleen

• Gail Norusis
      Participant

Hi Everyone,
      DD, I’m glad to hear from you. I see you have a lot of Thomas Kincaid pictures. They are so pretty. I bought some when he was on the Q years ago.
      I love Snowball, she is a character. Pets are such good company. I missing having one around. We really should get another dog some day.
      Colleen, we have been having some weird up and down weather too. Now it’s snow tonight and then later next week it will warm up and it will melt. I really can’t complain though as when it does get really cold it doesn’t last too long.
      Ethan must really like staying with you so that’s nice. And of course he’s at an age where he would rather go to school and see his friends too. We all understand that. That’s interesting that Melissa had to go all the way out to California to train. That is hard on a Mom with kids. So where is Kaylee staying? You are good grandparents and I’m sure the kids really appreciate you.
      Adele, So is Tillie in a rehab facility? I’m not sure how all that works. I hope she tries with the physical therapy-I know it’s hard for her too.
      I was going to suggest the same thing as Colleen did about having something to take for anxiety. There have been a couple times when I needed something to help me over a hump. I just had xanax to take as needed. I didn’t take it often but it was nice to have when the stress seemed over whelming. It just kind of took the sharp edge off things. Plus you get so sick with your stomach when you are stressed maybe it could help with something like that too.
      I hope Gary is feeling better.
      We have not been doing much of anything. Just hanging around home and watching TV and reading and playing games.
      It’s nice that it is light until almost six now-I am grateful for that.
      Gail

Attachments:
    • Dianne Danielson
      Participant

Hi Ladies,
      I hope everyone is doing well. I haven’t read all the posts yet so forgive me if I leave something/someone out.
      We woke up to a light dusting of snow this morning. It wasn’t all that much. It looked like someone sprinkled powder sugar around the area. It’s been really cold overnight, but they’re saying we’re in for rain over the weekend, into next week. At least it’ll be warmer!!
      Gail, I do have several Thomas Kinkade pictures. It all started back in the late 90s & I started out with stationery, Christmas cards, then I moved up to getting framed prints of his paintings. When I’d get stressed out, I’d go to one of the galleries & just browse & imagine myself ‘walking’ into one or more of the paintings. It probably sounds crazy, but it worked. We used to have several galleries, but they’re all gone now. I still have my stationery, cards & my framed pictures, & every yr they put out calendars so I still can get things.
      Adele,
      I’m sorry about Tillie. I’ll be praying for her speedy recovery. Arline had shingles when I was taking care of her & it was miserable for her. I can’t remember how long it took for her to get over it. At least a couple weeks.
      We had some excitement last weekend. I was waiting for Hallie & Dan to come to get me when I saw people running after someone. Turns out some guy had just stolen a catalitic converter from an SUV parked across the street from here. One of our guys took of after him who parked in a parking lot across the street from here. Jack tried to lift the hood up so the thief couldn’t drive away, but wasn’t successful & the thief got away. There is a funny side note, the thief turned the wrong direction on a one way street down the street. Lol.And this was in broad daylight, around noon.
      Well, it’s dinner time so I’ll go for now.
      Take care, stay safe, stay warm
      dd & snowball

Attachments:
    • Colleen
      Participant

Hi Gail,
      We are stuck in the house again. There is ice all over the place. I do not walk outside the way that I fall I am not taking a chance. We are supposed to take Ethan tomorrow and get his eyes checked. He needs glasses really bad. He has a hard time seeing. I feel really bad for him. It has to be hard to go to school and not be able to see. Kaylee is staying with her dad. She had to transfer to a school in Knoxville. She was not happy about that. We could not take the two of them the way they argue all the time. It is hard enough listening to Ron and Ethan.
      We are going to have a day when anyone can come over and see Ethan. I was going to have dinner but everyone works and cannot be here at the same time. I thought I would serve finger foods so the family can come and go when they can. It is easier then trying to get them here all at one time. They all work different hours.
      They do not have any of the restaurants in her area so they have to send them out of state. They either sent them to California or Texas. I kind of wish she would have gone to Texas.
      Well that is about all from here. Have a good night and stay safe.
      Colleen

• adele shanbar
      Participant

Hi Colleen
      Tillie got moved to rehab yesterday. She can’t even get out of bed herself. Thy did they will be evaluating her over the next two days to see why she need
      We are having a snow storm. Getting up to a foot.
      Steph me over to help pick out cloths for Tillie She finally got all her Christmas presents. Yahoo!!! Aizen got his horse and lived it. Lol.
      I’m exhausted fro all the calls bd lol the worry. Even my eyes te burning😩
      It is sad when the kids would rather live with us. They feel safer with us. It’s awful when their parents lose their jobs, and they don’t feel safe. The kids should not have to worry about shoes bd clothes that don’t fit. It’s so sad. But nothing that snd be done because their Moms can’t control losing their jobs in this economy.
      I will pray she is able to keep this job. It I’ll be good for all of them
      Hope you are ok today
      Adele

• adele shanbar
      Participant

Gailster
      Please read the post to Colleen for all the info
      I’d be scared to try a med for anxiety because everything reacts so badly with me. They make me loopy, and feel sick to my stomach. Yuck
      We have been binge watching Grace and Frankie on Netflix. It stars Jane Fonda and Lily Tomlin. You would love it!
      Our temps are crazy too. It was 69 degrees, now we have a foot of snow. We are all going to get sick !!
      I just hope Tillie cooperates with PT, so she can come home as quick as she can
      It’s awful when one of our parents have to be in a nursing home.
      Hope your day is going well
      Adele

• adele shanbar
      Participant

Hi DD
      I love your stories and pics!!
      Did the police catch the thief??
      Thieves are getting more brazen every day. It’s scary out there!
      Thsnk you fir the prayers fir Tillie. It did take about 2 weeks to get over the shingles. It’s an awful thing to have
      All our weather has been crazy. Warm then snow snd ice. . I’ll be happy when Spting comes.
      How has Critt been doing? I hope everyone is good
      Please keep posting. I like to hear from you. We all do!
      Luv u
      Adele

• Colleen
      Participant

Hi Adele,
      I am glad that they moved Tillie and they are working with her. I wonder why she cannot get out of bed or walk. Did they say what caused all of this. I just wondered if she hag a stroke or something. I am praying for her and hoping that she will be able to walk soon.
      We did not get any snow we just got the sleet. It is all over the ground and in some of the trees. I am glad that it was not freezing Ron would have to try and get the ice off the trees. So we were lucky in that respect.
      I am glad that Steph finally came over and helped pick out clothes for Tillie. Did the boys come with her? I hope they did because you need to see the boys and they need to see you.
      It is hard to know what to do when the kids want to stay with you. It is hard to know what to say. We just have to pray that everything works out. Well that is about all from here. Have a good night and stay safe.
      Colleen

• adele shanbar
      Participant

Hi Colleen
      Part of Tillie nit being able to move is that they took away her celebrex. She has had it back for 3 days and the sciatica pain is gone. Thank God.
      I am hoping with PT working with her, she can come home in a few weeks
      The boys did come with Steph. I hugged the stuffing out of them. They even hugged Gary snd told him they missed him. I’m glad they is finally over!!
      I am so exhausted. It is all the stress of worrying about Tillie. I just want her back home where she belongs. Please continue to pray. I want her to live out her life in her own home
      I’m glad you gave your grandson with you. It’s so much fun. I bet Ron is his company!!
      Have a good night. We hit another 10 inches of snow!!Take care snd be safe!!
      Adele

• Colleen
      Participant

Hi Adele,
      I am so glad that they gave her the celebrex back again. She should be getting around better soon. I do not understand them taking her off of that if it is what keeps her mobile
      I can imagine there was a lot of hugging going on. I do not understand why she takes the kids away from everyone when she gets mad. That is not fair to the kids. They like being with you and Gary.
      I will keep praying. I can understand how you feel about her being at home for her last days. I imagine she will be happy to be home again. She must really miss being with you. It seems like you have lived in the same house together for a long time.
      It is nice for Ron to have another male around of all us women. Ethan looks up to him and asks for his advice. He says he really likes living here. I hope he continues to feel that way.
      That is terrible that you got all that snow again. We still have ice on the ground. It will take forever to thaw out. Have a great night and stay safe.
      Colleen

• adele shanbar
      Participant

Hi Colleen
      They took it away because she was complaining her stomach hurt I Am glad she has it back It stopped the sciatica. Thank God
      PT told me it will be a while to get her strength back. She is afraid she will never come home
      I hope she is wrong.
      That so nice that aRon has his grandson around It’s so good for both of them
      It’s freezing up here. Getting flurries later on We had a very mild winter until last eeek. Lol
      Hope you have a good Sunday!
      Adele

• Dianne Danielson
      Participant

Hi Ladies,
      Shall we all pray for Ukraine? Father in Heaven, we come to you in prayer for the people of Ukraine.
      They desperately need your Divine intervention at this terrible time in their lives. A monster has invaded their country to take control of them & their country. He threatens the lives of Ukraine & many other countries, including US. Please step in & intervene in their behalf, Lord. In Jesus name we pray.
      Amen.

• Dianne Danielson
      Participant

Hi Ladies,
      Now onto happier things.
      Gail. I’ve shopped the Q since the late 90s. I think my first purchase was a QF sweater. A Christmas kitty sweater with tiny bells that jingled. Unfortunately I outgrew it. I had so many things like sweaters. blouses, you name it, but I outgrew them all. sigh. I had a yellow sweater, & pink one with big colorful butterflies on the front & a small one on the back shoulder. Oh yeah, & the button covers on everything, that had buttons. I had Royal Palace rugs, lots of things.
      Thomas Kinkade came along shortly after that. Yes, there was a scandal around the time he died. A woman other than his wife claimed she had a hand written will he supposedly wrote just before he died. Supposedly saying he was leaving the bulk of his estate to her. From what I heard there was some kind of secret agreement between his wife & daughters & her. I still love his paintings. I guess his brother, nephew & took over & they put out paintings every so often. I haven’t been able to get any new ones, I just get calendars.
      Adele, no the police didn’t catch the thieves. The Keystone Cops, or the 3 Stooges could do a better job. I doubt they even showed up. I hope Tillie is able to get back on her feet again. I understand them taking her med away. When Arline or any of the ladies I took care of went to the hospital or rehab they would take her ‘outside’ meds & use their own. I think it’s the law they can’t use meds outside of their own. I’ve seen it more than once. they were able to go back to them once they were released to go home.
      The rain has returned & it sounds like we’re in for a soggy week. It’s been soggy today. Tomorrow is really gonna be blustery & wet!!! up until now we were pretty dry for Feb. Now we’re gonna more than make up of it.
      Colleen, I hope the snow has melted so you can get out a little bit. Snowball has learned that if she taps on the bedroom door I’ll get up. It;s when her claws hit the door I hear it, Or she if she meows loud enough, that works too. I found her curled up on the bed yesterday. That was a first. she gets up next to me but not too close. Well, I guess that’s all for tonight.
      Take care, stay safe, stay well.
      dd & snowball

Attachments:
    • Colleen
      Participant

Hi Adele,
      I am so glad that they gave Tillie her medicine back. It is hard to think of your mom not coming home. All you can do is encourage her to work with therapy and she will be able to come home. It may make her want to work with them and start walking. You just have to keep encouraging her and telling her she will come back home.
      It is supposed to be warmer here this week. The sun is supposed to be shinning so that is a plus right there. By the end of next week it is supposed to be in the upper sixties. I cannot wait. If the ground wasn’t so muddy Ron would try to till the garden. lol
      Colleen

• Colleen
      Participant

Hi DD,
      I liked the prayer that you posted for Ukraine. I said that prayer and I will pray for them tonight. That is just so sad that they are going thru this. Those poor children to have to go thru this.
      Snowball is a really smart cat. It is funny that she knocks on the door to wake you up. She knows that it will work and she knows that she wants you to get up. It is nice that she is getting into bed with you. She has really warmed up to you now. I remember how she would not come near you for a long time.
      How is Crit doing? I hope he is well. It is nice to have a friend that lives close to you and you two can do things together. You are not alone all the time. Our yard was better today. Most of the ice is melted just some of the shady areas still have ice. I will just be glad to get out of the house. Ethan will be able to go back to school and he is glad of that.
      I hope your rain will not cause any flooding. That always worries me when we start getting a lot of rain. At least we do not have worry about our road flooding we are higher up then other roads that connect to ours.
      Colleen

• adele shanbar
      Participant

HeyDD
      Amen to that
      Adele

• adele shanbar
      Participant

Hi DD
      I hope the rain stopped. It is sunny here and a little warmer. The sun always makes you feel happy!
      I agree the items on QVC years ago were so much prettier.
      Yesterday they got Tillie out of bed with some contraption and into a wheelchair for a while. That is some progress
      At least the Olympics are over and the regular shows are back. 👍
      We are all praying for peace in Ukraine. Just awful for those poor people!
      Adele

• adele shanbar
      Participant

Hi Colleen
      I’m glad too. I try to encourage her every time I talk to her I am afraid she is giving up. Then she sounds ok again. The staff there are very nice. The place is clean and well maintained. She is in a good place
      I just got the cute little set of ducks from the Q. I’m going to send one in to her so she will be happy to see it. I’ll include a pic below
      The sun is shining here too. It is always a good day when the sun shines!! It is really cold , but the sun makes it feel warm
      Our kids went back to school today.

Attachments:
    • Colleen
      Participant

Hi Adele,
      The ducks are really cute. She will really like them. That is all you can do is encourage her. You never know how an elderly person will act. As long as you let her know that you need her to be around for a long time. That will make her feel really good. She still has a lot of stories to tell all of you about the family. I wish that I would have written some of the stories that mom told me when I was staying with her.
      The sun was shinning here today also it was really nice out today. It is supposed to be even warmer so that will be nice. It is not supposed to rain here until this week-end.
      I wish I could find someone that wears a medium in Dream Jeannes. I have a couple of new pairs that I have never worn. They are too big. I am trying to find some in a small. I hope that I can find some in a small I need jeans to wear. I never meant to lose that much weight. It just happened that way.
      Colleen

• adele shanbar
      Participant

Hi Colleen
      It is so hard. You know why you went through with your Mom. The end of life is not easy. You expect it to happen,bd prepare mentally because you know people can’t live forever. She is my last connection to the generation before me. We have been in this house together for 34 years. That’s a long time. I am now the age my Dad was when he died. It is very strange when I think of that
      Tillie loves lighted decorations. The duck is glass. I hope it stays in one piece. Lol
      It’s very gloomy here. It’s going to rain snd or snow later today
      That is still great that you lost the weight! It’s better for your diabetes. Hard on your clothes!
      We got oil today. For 121 gallons( not even half the tank) we paid 485.00
      Have a good day!!
      Adele

• Colleen
      Participant

Hi Adele,
      Do not start thinking like that. Just because your dad died at that age does not mean that you will. You have a lot of years ahead of you. You have a lot of people that will really be missed if something happened to you. I would not think like that. That is how I felt about my mom. We do not have any one around to answer questions about the past. I think of something and right away want to call mom.
      She will really like the duck you bought her. The ones that light up are a lot prettier then the ones that don’t. They just really brighten things up. We go thru a lot of batteries every holiday.
      Gas and oil is getting up so high. We got an e-mail from our propane company co and gas right now is $2.55 a gallon. We do not need any right now we will wait until summer when they have a special rate. They always have a good deal in the summer. I guess that not many people order their gas then.
      Have a great night and stay safe.
      Colleen

• adele shanbar
      Participant

Hi Colleen
      The doctor will be taking a look at Tillie today to figure out what is wrong I just hope it is curable so he can work on her standing and walking in her walker
      It is sunny here today. That always makes it a good day.
      I have not heard from Gail. I hope she is ok
      I am so exhausted from all the worry and back and forth with the nursing home. Good thing is, they are so helpful with concerns from the family. They work extremely well with family members and attentive to any concerns. I’m glad she is there
      Hope you have a good day
      Adele

• Gail Norusis
      Participant

Sorry that I am late. I am starting a new discussion for March. See you there.

Viewing 56 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Share on Facebook
Facebook
Pin on Pinterest
Pinterest
Tweet about this on Twitter
Twitter
Email this to someone
email

Share this with a Smile
X Close
Watch QVC
top finds links QVC LIVE QVC PLUS QVC UK