Chit-Chat August 20222022-08-02T18:07:48-04:00

Home Forums General Quacker Chatter Chit-Chat August 2022

Viewing 49 reply threads
  • Author
      Participant

Hi Everyone,
      Wow the summer is just flying. Our kids will be back in school on the 17th.
      DD, I hope that you will be able to get a room with a walk in shower. It makes it so much easier. I know when we travel now I love when we get a hotel room with a walk in shower. They seem to be doing that more and more. I would imagine that most adults only use a shower in a hotel so it makes sense.
      I wonder what causes Critt to have hallucinations. That is quite scary. I understand why he doesn’t want to go to a care facility but honestly it might be the best thing for him. It’s hard to get older and have to give up our independence.
      The golden years are not necessarily golden.
      Colleen, I’m so glad Danyielle is doing something that she likes. Did she always like fashion and design as a kid?
      No Lachlan will not be playing football. he is not really interested in a lot of sports. You know his Dad is not really that much interested-and even though Jenny was a cheerleader i doubt she really even knows much about football or basketball. She just followed the lead of the other cheer leaders. She does coach Piper’s soft ball team though and she does run.
      Adele,
      I hope things continue to improve for Bobby and everyone else stays safe.
      No DWTS is off network TV everywhere. It will only be on Disney. We’ll see how that works for their viewership. I think it will be bad as it’s probably mostly watched by older people and how many of them have Disney+?
      Gail

Attachments:
    • adele shanbar
      Participant

Hey Gailster
      I’m embarrassed to say we have Disney. Got it for Heather and Aizen a few years ago. I never stopped it because everyone watches something on there! Lol. But, I’ll probably forget it us in there, unless I record it
      Bobby is still positive! He is ready to scream. He needs to get back to work at the Airport. Since he has been out, they have been seeing rodents and management is in a tiff. They are requesting a meeting with the boss and Bobby can’t be there. They’re afraid they will lose the contract Please set a prayer he will be negative tomorrow!!
      Still no rain up here. Tomorrow will be over 100. Gross
      Hope your weather is better!
      Adele

• Gail Norusis
      Participant

Adele,
      You shouldn’t be embarrassed to have Disney. They have a lot of good programming. I just don’t want to add any additional costs to our already high Dish bill. I should do like Jenny does and when it gets too high threaten to leave except we don’t have that many alternatives. lol
      Plus anything that streams is hit and miss here as you need a good strong WIFi connection to stream successfully and ours can sometimes be touch and go.
      gosh-can’t the company send someone else to the airport besides Bobby. You would think they would have extra people for contracts that big. I would think the airport would understand that in the times of Covid things just can’t always be that reliable. Look how the air ports are messed up with cancelled flights because of the lack of pilots.
      We got some rain today but not much and I think it’s starting to clear now. The county fair starts now i think which means that sometime this week Piper will be showing her pig.
      I’m glad that Bobby was hardly sick. The shots and the boosters really do help.
      Gail

Attachments:
    • adele shanbar
      Participant

Hey Gailster
      They do have other people but nobody like OCD Bobby Lol. Nobody is as thorough as he is, or as dedicated. They send him out to clean up the problems nobody can figure out
      Customers not do thrilled when he shied them WHY they have bugs….points out what needs to be cleaned in homes and restaurants
      That is why I WOULD NEVER drink any soda from a machine at a restaurant. I hear the horror stories of the machines not being properly cleaned and what he finds along with the bugs. He says nobody ever cleans those correctly. Dont even get him started on the dirty drains and fruit flies. It’s gross to hear what he sees in a day.
      It’s still dry up here!!
      Here’s what was left from my Pesto sauce with bows tonight. Lol. Lol
      Adelegary is coming

Attachments:
    • adele shanbar
      Participant

Lol. Auto correct did adelegary instead of Adele. No idea how …. is coming…. printed out!!

• Colleen
      Participant

Hi Gail,
      Danyielle has loved fashion since she was a kid. She use to design clothes when she was a kid. She has always had to be able to dress just right even then.
      Ethan is not into sports either. I guess that just some kids just do not like sports. There are a lot of other things to get into if they want. Girls are the same. There is a lot of things they can do.
      We still need more rain here. It is so dry here. They are getting all that rain in St. Louis and we are getting nothing. We have thunder and lightening and no rain. It goes all around us.
      Well that is all from here. Have a great night and stay safe.
      Colleen

• Gail Norusis
      Participant

Hi Everyone,
      DD, I’m glad to hear Critt is doing okay.
      You must have missed the new discussion for August as it has been up for several days.
      Adele, I’m kind of glad that I don’t have to listen to Bobby’s stories of what he finds where. I probably would never set foot outside the house again. lol
      Hopefully he has tested negative by now and is back to work. Thank goodness we have the shots and boosters now. Things were so much worse before we had those. I also hope everyone else stayed healthy.
      Colleen, how is the weather there? We had some days of rain and now we are sunny and cooler-almost perfect weather. The marai corn just came in so we will be getting some of that later in the week. Yah! Love when the corn comes in but it does mean that summer is winding down. Kids go back to school a week from tomorrow.
      Piper showed two of her grandpa’s pigs at the fair and after they auction them off he gives her part of the proceeds so I’m anxious to hear how much she made.
      Not a lot going on around here. We just have not done too much this summer because my walking is limited because of my knee and I hate that. Between that and covid we just don’t get out as much anymore and I miss seeing the world. It has made me kind of lazy too I noticed when I don’t have to get up and dressed to go out.
      I can’t believe that football is starting again. And in the meantime baseball will go on for another three months. The professional sports seasons all over lap now. I guess they have to have more games in order to pay the players those big bucks.
      Gail

Attachments:
    • adele shanbar
      Participant

Hey Gailster
      Bobby went back to work Friday. He did not come upstairs until Sunday and did a bbq because Steph came over with Aizen
      Oh yes, you look at things differently when you listen to Bobby. I stopped going to movies when bed bugs were running rampant because they had to treat a movie theatre!!
      It is finally raining as we speak. A good soaking thunderstorm. It’s been raining for 20 minutes. JJ came out if the bedroom and said…”. You finally happy? It’s raining!” Lol. Lol
      Our kids go back the last week in August.
      I can’t believe summer is almost over. I sat out maybe 3 times. It’s been way too hot
      Glad your weather is improving. Ours will tomorrow. Yahoo!!!!
      Adele

• Colleen
      Participant

Hi Gail,
      We did finally get some rain here. It rained all day today. Some down pours and then a slow steady rain for awhile. It was a really good rain and now the weather is cooler. I hope it stays like this for the rest of the summer. I know that it won’t. The marai corn sound really good. I hope that it is not too expensive. Usually corn is pretty cheap around this time of the year but it is high. I love corn on the cob it tastes so much better then canned corn or frozen.
      That must be so exciting for Piper. I hope that they get a good price for the hogs. Do they win a prize for showing the hogs are is it just to show for the auction? They will have the church auction here pretty soon. We will probably go to that and see what they have.
      We have not ben doing much around here. It has just been too hot. We have been baby sitting for Aliza and that is about it. he is here now but she sure was crying a lot this time. They were talking about school starting and she start crying and wouldn’t talk for awhile. So we figured it out. She does not want to go back to school. She was like that last year.
      Have a great night and stay safe.
      Colleen

• Colleen
      Participant

Hi Adele,
      I am glad to hear that Bobby is back at work. My daughter called and told me that they all have covid. It is my daughter Mandy so Ron and I are safe we have not seen them in a long time. She did not say if the great grands have it or not but Brook does. They all have jobs where they serve the public so they could have gotten it from anyone. They could use some prayers.
      I am glad that you finally got some rain. We had a good rain here also .We really needed it. We had a good slow and steady rain today along with some down pours. It was really good for our flowers and veggies.
      I cannot believe that summer is almost over. The kids will be glad to get back to school. Well some of them will. Our little Aliza is not happy about it though. I guess that she will make thru the year. She will have to.
      Well that is all from here. Have a good nigt and stay safe.
      Colleen

• adele shanbar
      Participant

Hey Gail
      I forgot to say…. Good for Piper! Great job!! So fun to see our grands achieve snd hsve fun

Hey Colleen!
      Prayers sent for your kids to get over covid as quickly as possible with no side affects
      We got some rain yesterday. The news said less than an inch lol
      I’m glad your garden got some rain
      It’s gloomy here but the ten will be in the 80’s !!! Yahoo!!!!
      Hope you have a good day
      Adele

• Gail Norusis
      Participant

Hi Adele,
      Jenny sent me a video of Piper showing the pig for the auction. You have to keep them moving so they don’t just stop and eat or lay down so here is this little girl getting behind this pig and shoving it to keep it moving. She is fearless! lol I hope they got a good price.
      Yes, I had heard of bed bugs in movie theaters too. I guess if you heard all those stories it would keep you from wanting to go anywhere or do anything-so for the most part I prefer to remain ignorant of all the yucky things. lol In this case ignorance is bliss! lol
      I hope the cooler weather has kicked in by you.
      It’s good to hear that Steff has stopped over with Aizen too. Hopefully things are entering a peaceful phase for your family.
      Gail

Attachments:
    • Gail Norusis
      Participant

Hi Colleen,
      I love corn on the cob too. I could it it morning noon and night when it is in season. I guess it’s so special too as the season for sweet corn is short.
      I will pray that everyone in Mandy’s family feels well soon. How is Kylie doing? It seems we haven’t heard about her in a while.
      What grade will Aliza be in? I’m surprised that she doesn’t want to go back. She seemed very sociable and like she would enjoy school.
      I can’t believe our grands are getting so big. Kendall starts high school as a freshman. Lachlan starts junior high as a sixth grader and Piper changes schools to go to 4th grade. Yikes!
      I think Piper got two ribbons for her pigs a third and I can’t remember the other one and she also got a second for her cake decorating.
      Lachlan’s golden birthday is Friday-he’s turning 12 on the 12th.
      Gail

Attachments:
    • adele shanbar
      Participant

Hey Gailster
      Thst must have be no en a funny sight with Piper snd the Pig. That could be a title to a children book!!! When do you hear if she won? So exciting. I would have loved to grow up in the country.
      Our weather is better. It’s in the 80’s, but humidity is still high. It is supposed to go down by the weekend. Even so, everyone said the weather was much better today!
      I’m dying for Halloween and the cooler weather. I hate this heat and humidity. Nobody has been in the pool in weeks. What a waste
      I hate that I am willing my life away and not enjoying the summer. Such a waste of time!
      I saw the world news and the awful conditions in Europe. Anyone who says global warming is a hoax is nuts. 😱😱
      Hope your days are better so you can enjoy them!!
      Did you guys se the 3 tiered Boofetti cake stand? It’s killing me nit to get it. Lol. But, where would I store that??? Lol
      Adele

• Colleen
      Participant

Hi Adele,
      My kids are all doin fine. Kylie and Brook are back at work and Mandy goes back to work on Monday. Brook did not have covid her test was negative. So her and the kids are fine.
      It is nice to have the cooler weather and am glad that you did get some rain. We have had rain a couple of times and the weather is cooler. I hope that it stays like this for the rest of the summer. I am tired of the weather being so hot.
      That is about all from here. Have a good night and stay safe.
      Colleen

• Colleen
      Participant

Hi Gail,
      Thank you for the prayers for the kids. I wrote about how they are all doing in Adele’s post. Thank to you and Adele for the prayers they really do work. The kids are young and get over things quickly.
      Aliza is going into first grade. I cannot believe it. Time has gone by so fast. She is really nervous about going to school. She does not want to go to school and not be with her mom. She had a hard time last year also. I hope that she gets over it this year.
      Ethan will be a sophomore this year, Owen starts high school, I cannot keep track of Kaylee and what grade she will be in. The other two are working and have graduated. I wish they would have gone on to college.
      Piper did really well showing the pigs and the cake decorating. Sounds like she had a really good time this year. I could just see her pushing the pigs to stay on their feet.
      Well that is about all from here. Have a good night and stay safe.
      Colleen

• adele shanbar
      Participant

Hi Colleen
      I think we have all had it with the heat and drought I’m concerned we are going to gave a produce shortage and prices will go through the roof I’m watching what we buy so we won’t have any waste. The prices have been crazy
      I can’t believe how old the kids are getting! Remember when Aizen and Aliza were “ Itty Bitty”? Lol vAizen will be 9 this year. Where has the time gone?
      Hope you have a good weekend
      Adele

• Colleen
      Participant

Hi Adele,
      I am not sure about all the produce. Ours is coming in really good right now. Hopefully it is doing the same in other places. It seems like it started to cool down a little and we have gotten more rain. we have more tomatoes then we can eat and cucumbers. Our zucchini has started coming in again also. I just pray that it keeps up.
      It does really impossible that the kids are growing that fast. They were such cuties when they were little. It will be fun to see what they decide to do with their lives.
      Colleen

• adele shanbar
      Participant

Hey Colleen
      We still have no rain up here. The cranberry bogs are dry They showed on the news where the bogs were the size of a child’s pool. They said it will affect the cranberry stock for years
      There is a huge rain storm coming up the coast, but they feel that will miss us too. What a mess! I’m hoping we get some good soaking rain
      It is crazy how the kids have grown, and time passes so quickly. God help us! Lol
      I’m dying to put out Halloween and get cooler weather 😱
      I hope you have a good day
      Adele

• Colleen
      Participant

Hi Adele,
      That is so bad that it is so dry. I hope that you get some rain soon. It is sad about the cranberries. I hope that you get some rain soon and it will not be so dry there.
      I am ready to put the Halloween things out also. I am tired of summer and am ready for winter. I would to see a really good snow storm. It melts slow and puts a lot of moisture back into the ground.
      I have not seen the greats for awhile. I guess that they would get covid and worried about giving it to us. So it might be another week before we get to see them.
      Have a good night and stay safe. I will be praying that you get rain.
      Colleen

• adele shanbar
      Participant

Hi Colleen
      This new covid life of ours is disappointing. Do many things are affected. We have not had a Sunday dinner with everyone here in a very, very long time
      I git this new freaky singing walking scarecrow from Home Depot. At first Santino liked it, then he made a face snd told me to “ put it away Nana”. Lol. I wish I could attach a video here. Lol
      We see Santino because Marissa is helping with deliveries for the business He adds laughter to my day!
      We are supposed to get some rain tomorrow. Please say a prayer we do get some!!
      Hoping you and Ron have s good day and night!
      Adele

• Colleen
      Participant

Hi Adele,
      I wish we could send you some rain. It started raining here last night and rained all day today. It was a slow steady rain so it soaked into the ground. We really needed a rain like that.
      The singing scarecrow sounds really cute. You always find such cute decorations. That would be cute walking around. It is funny how kids will like something one minute and then be scared of it the next.
      That is really nice that Marissa is helping with deliveries. That sure helps you and Gary out. That is nice that you get to see Santino all the time. Little ones do have a way of making us smile. They are so cute and can do some funny things.
      We will be praying that you get some rain. You really need it. It will take a while for us all to get caught up with the rain that we need. This has really been a hot summer.
      Colleen

• adele shanbar
      Participant

Hey Colleen
      You won’t believe it! The rain went up to NH snd Maine and some down the Cape. Not kne drop fir us. Cloudy gloomy skies all day long No rain
      I do love seeing the kids. It’s been so nice with JJ here. We’re having Chinese tonight to celebrate for JJ being here. I think Steph wants him home tomorrow. Very sad for all of us here
      We’re going to miss him
      Hope you have a good night
      Adele

• Dianne Danielson
      Participant

Hi Ladies,
      I hope everyone is fine. I’m doing well. We’re in our fourth heatwave,& sounds like we’re in for a fifth next week. Today was weird. Overcast , smoky, & humid (for us). The heat is supposed to leave & get back to normal, till next week.
      Is anyone ready for fall? I AM!! In fact, I dug out some of my fall decor but I haven’t put any of it out on display. Did any of you watch VPH’s TSV over the weekend? OMG!! I saw a good part of it & I needed to win that big lottery. She had so much beautiful things. I thought those hurricane lamps were gorgeous!! I watched the show with Dan Hughes & oh my word the studio was packed to the rafters with fall decor!!
      I have a long saga to tell you about but I’ll do it later.
      take care.
      dd

Attachments:
    • adele shanbar
      Participant

Hello DD!
      Oh yes. I am so done with summer. I got those cute corner edges for doorways for Halloween on Etsy. I put them up already! Lol They are not expensive. Some cost 5.00 and the more fancy ones are up to 17.00. The spider web ones with the spider hanging down are 5.00. Those are my favorite ones.
      I got a couple of lighted ghosts that were on sale from last year on the Q. They are in the dining room table, with batteries inside…. Anxiously waiting to be place and lit!!!!
      Let us know what happened. Hoping it is not bad. Prayers sent
      Luv u
      Adele

• Colleen
      Participant

Hi Ladies,
      I am asking for more prayers for Christine. She has to have more surgery tomorrow on here eyes. Please pray that she gets her site back and they do not have to use gas while doing the surgery.
      Thank you
      Colleen

• Colleen
      Participant

Hi Adele,
      I hope that you have gotten more rain there. We got more rain yesterday. It was a good storm and we got more rain that we needed. I just hope that rain is going in your direction. I know that you need it as much as we do.
      When do the kids go back to school? My grands are already back in school again. The ones in Tennessee have been in school for two weeks already. They always go back really early compared to the other kids.
      That was nice that you had Chinese for JJ. I hope that Steph will let him stay a little longer. It is nice to have someone around there to help you and Gary. I wish one of the grands was staying here and helping me a little.
      Have a good night and stay safe.
      Colleen

• Colleen
      Participant

Hi DD,
      I cannot believe that you have been having so much hot weather. I hope that it cools down soon. It is cooler here right now and we needed it also. We finally got some rain and we needed that also.
      I am ready for fall and winter. I would love to see it snow. It would be so much cooler with snow on the ground. I love the cold weather. This summer has made me love the cold weather even more.
      I missed the show with all the fall decor. I really like Dan he is a good show host. I do miss all of his Christmas shows where he shows how he decorated his place on the outside. It always looks so good.
      Not a lot going on here. Thanks for posting all the pictures. They are so pretty and make us want fall to get here.
      Have a good night and stay safe.
      Colleen

• adele shanbar
      Participant

Hey Colleen
      Omg that I’d awful. That poor girl. Prayers sent. Please let us know what happened. 🙏🏻🙏🏻🙏🏻🙏🏻🙏🏻🙏🏻🙏🏻👍👍👍♥️♥️♥️♥️♥️
      Adele

• adele shanbar
      Participant

Hey Colleen
      Steph let JJ stay until today. She’s getting him today. We’re so sad he’s leaving! He goes back to school next week, and Steph needs him back to get ready
      Still no rain!!!! Today it’s supposed to rain. We’re all hoping it will finally rain. The draught is so bad up here. Hoping your area is better
      It’s awful about what poor Christine is going through. Her health has been such a challenge It’s awful Just awful. My prayers are with her and her husband
      Hope your week goes well
      Adele

• Colleen
      Participant

Hi Adele,
      I am glad that they let JJ stay a little longer. It does not seem possible that they should be in school already. My grands are all back in school now. I will miss Aliza coming to stay with me.
      I will keep praying that you get some rain. I know how you feel with no rain and everything is really dry. We have been getting more veggies in every day. We were so afraid that it was going to die out but it did just fine. Ron picked two buckets full of zucchini and a basket full of tomatoes and one full of cucumbers. I wish you lived closer I would share my veggies with you. I would give them to all of you girls on here.
      Well that is about all from here. Have a good night and stay safe.
      Colleen

• adele shanbar
      Participant

Hi Colleen
      We’d love some of your veggies! Lol
      Everything is burning so bad Ion the deck, so I harvested the basil last week and froze it in measured bags to do the pesto sauce. I have 8 bags of frozen basil.
      I can’t believe JJ and Aizen are going back to school in Monday
      Nobody has been in the pool for a month. We’re closing it this weekend What a waste it has been this year….. too hot to go in it
      We got about 1/2 in of rain yesterday. We might get some thunderstorms today. Then back to 90 tomorrow
      It smells of smoke outside. Breakheart reservation near us has 3 fires going. It’s awful!
      Hope you’re all ok and staying cool
      Adele

• Gail Norusis
      Participant

Hi Everyone,
      I have just been lazy this week and not gotten on to chat. It just seems since covid our lives have shrunken smaller and smaller and we get out and do less and less. Thank goodness we at least still get out to see a concert once or twice a month. Also since I hurt my knee last Christmas I just haven’t been able to be too active. The two cortisone shots I had helped with the pain but I think I did something more permanent to the knee so i will have to break down and go to an ortho guy.
      The kids went back to school last week. I’m not sure how Kendall likes high school as she doesn’t talk much.
      We did go watch Piper cheer for her first junior tackle game last Saturday. The little girls look so cute in their uniforms.
      Piper takes it very seriously although I doubt any of these little girls know anything about football. lol
      Of course Jenny was a cheerleader for football and basket ball all through high school and I still don’t think she knows anything about football. i always found that weird as it seems I watched football even as a kid.
      Adele, I wish you could get some rain. I hear the drought is really bad back east. And now after years of drought the southwest is getting too much rain.
      I would gladly share our veggies with you as we have too much for just the two of us. We do bring veggies over to Jenny’s every week and she shares them with her girl friends.
      So now after DWTS is going over to Disney-Days of Our Lives is going to Peacock plus-so after Sept. 12th I will no longer be able to watch as i refuse to pay for peacock-they could have been nice and put it on the free Peacock but I guess they are just too greedy. Plus I don’t really like to stream as our internet is not always reliable. I have a feeling that the Days audience is mostly older people and it will fail over on Peacock as not enough people will follow them over. Who knows-the same thing may happen with DWTS.
      Colleen, I will pray for Christine. She has more than her fair share of physical issues.
      DD, even though i know it’s coming I’m just not ready for fall and the cold weather and the shorter days. Even though I’m not crazy about the heat I don’t like the cold and dark of winter. But i guess where you live it doesn’t get as cold as it does in Northern Illinois either.
      Sounds like Amazon just came and delivered some things. I better go check.
      Gail

Attachments:
    • adele shanbar
      Participant

Hey Gailster
      I have noticed it’s getting dark earlier, and that’s the sad part of fall.
      The fires up here are getting scary. There are 5 fires at Breakheart which is about 3 to 4 blocks from us That’s where Marissa and Santino walk every day. It’s closed, of course. The smell of smoke is so gross. Even though we got some rain, they say it is still burning
      Gailster…… you sound a little down. I think it’s because if your knee. Every time something happens that limits our life and reminds us we’re getting older, its depressing. Just not fun.
      I’m sorry about your knee. Have you had the series of 3 gel shots? Or was it only the cortisone shot ? I’ll add a prayer for your knee🙏🏻♥️
      I’m hoping we will here Somme news about Christine soon
      Adele

• Dianne Danielson
      Participant

Hi Ladies,
      I hope everyone is doing fine. Wow, I don’t know about anybody else, but we sure could use just a little bit of that rain that’s drowning the rest of the country. We have several fires going mostly in Eastern Oregon. Nothing nearby so far. Rain would go a long way in helping put them out.
      Gail, I understand about the cold weather & the days getting shorter. I’ve been noticing the days are getting shorter every day. The nights are getting a tad bit cooler even when it’s 90 during the day. I see & smell fall in the air. Leaves are already falling, but it could be cause it’s been so dry!! It does get cold but nothing like back there. I just hope we don’t get snow next APRIL!! Geeeez. The mountains can get snow in late spring, but not here, at sea level.
      I switched healthcare carriers awhile ago so they sent out a nurse to find out my health issues. During the ‘interview’ Snowball heard other voices out here so she had to come & investigate. She came directly to me, jumped on my lap,standing on my lap between me & the nurse. Furball, turned & looked at me as if to say, “Introduce me, mom.” I did, & after I did she left. the nurse gave her a couple scratches so I guess that’s what she wanted. Lol
      Well, that’s all I have for now.
      Take care. stay safe.
      Tomorrow the Q is having Christmas shows.
      dd & Furball

Attachments:
    • adele shanbar
      Participant

Hi DD
      We are in the same position with drought and fires. Accept, the fire here is a lot closer. All day yesterday I heard the helicopters dropping water on the fires at Breakheart. It’s about 3 blocks from here. We are close to the reservation. About 3 city blocks. Scary when you smell and see the smoke !!
      I giggled the Xmas shows that have been on so far in the am. Nothing so far that would make me order The shoes do not seem as much fun as years ago. I miss the personal stories the hosts would tell!
      That’s a funny story about your kitty. She is a very social cat, which is quite unusual. My cars used to run and hide when a stranger came. She really entertains you, and that is so adorable
      Hoping your day is going well, and that you get some rain
      Adele

• Dianne Danielson
      Participant

Hi Ladies,
      Have any of you noticed if any of the hosts have disappeared lately? Maybe it’s just me. They’ve been promoting a new host that was on Q2. I’ve been noticing the rotation seems to be different. I know some have been on vaca, but something is different.
      It was another hot day. It’s supposed to cool off from tomorrow on thru next week. I hope.
      Today is the last day the sun will set after 8pm tonight. The days are getting shorter by the day.
      As you can see, I don’t have a whole lot to say tonight.
      Have a nice weekend.
      dd

Attachments:
    • Colleen
      Participant

Hi Ladies,
      I do not know many of the hosts on QVC. I do not watch it that much anymore. I usually just get on their site and see what was on air. The new hosts are not as good as the old ones. I do like the ones that they kept. I wish there were a few more that were still there. Has anyone heard what happened to Antonella that was on there. I heard that she had cancer and was not doing very well but have not heard anything else. I hope that they found a cure for her and that she is okay now. I will never understand why they let her go.
      Adele that is scary that the fires are right by your house. I am praying that you get some rain and put the fires out. As long as it is just fires and not storms with lightening. Just a good soaking rain that will help put the fires out.
      I went to see my great grand kids yesterday. They are so cute. The little one likes to hug you and look at your face to see if you are smiling at her. She is just so cute. Grayson was upset because I left and we did not play together. So next week I will have to go back and play with him. He wants to come here and play with the tractors. I will have to go and get him one day.
      I love all the memes and the fall pictures that you ladies are posting on here. It really cheers me up. There is not a whole lot going on here. It is just too hot to do much.
      I am glad to hear that your garden is doing well Gail. I am surprised that the garden did as well as it did with the weather we have had. We have had enough to give some away to anyone that needs them.
      Well that is about all from here. Have a great night and stay safe.
      Colleen

• adele shanbar
      Participant

Hi DD
      The only host I watch in person is Dave on his Sunday show. The rest of the shows I just view what was in them on line. I’ve been disappointed with the hosts since the one for Quacker Factory left. She had a very Italian sounding name…. Annamarie…. Angelique…. Something like that. They seem to be all business now, no personal stories or laughter anymore. Just about the product
      It’s hot and humid here again. We’re supposed to get thunderstorms. But, I’ll bet we get nothing again. It’s so gross out there
      Hope you get some rain!!!
      Adele
      Attaching pic of my Caprese salad… basil, mozzarella, tomato and prosciutto

Attachments:
    • adele shanbar
      Participant

Hi Colleen!
      I do the same thing you do on the Q site. Antonella was the name I could not remember! Lol. I hope she is ok too
      Have you heard anything about Christine?
      That’s great you have so many veggies. I’m thinking ours are going to cost a lot more because if the drought up here.
      Any day is a great day when we get to spend time with our grands. I see Santino Mion to Thur for about a half hour when Marissa comes to help with deliveries He opens the door and tells…. “Nana, it’s me. I’m here”. No matter how I feel those words bring a smile to my face. He loves eating an orange with me every morning. He loves oranges. He also loves cookies and candy. Lol
      I hope your day is going well and you get some rain
      Adele

• Colleen
      Participant

Hi Adele,
      Christine is doing better. Her eye is still swollen and sore but I think that she is doing too much. She needs to rest her eyes more. She is wanting to be okay and not have to worry about getting things done.
      I wish you lived closer and we would give you some veggies. We have been giving them to a lot of people. In fact a lot of people have told us they do not need anymore they have enough. lol
      Santino sounds so cute. I love it when they let you know that they are there. It is so funny. They do not say there name they just tell you they are there. They are just too cute.
      Sue use to be the one that kept up with all the old hosts. I miss her letting us know what is going on with them. I may just check on google and see if there is anything on there. I have seen Lisa Robertson doing commercials but just once in awhile.
      I am praying that you get rain. I know you need it. Have a good night and stay safe.
      Colleen

• adele shanbar
      Participant

Hi Colleen
      Still no rain here.
      They all came over yesterday- Amanda and Marissa, and the baby. They helped close the pool. Marissa went home for the baby to nap and then came back for dinner. It was nice to have almost everyone here for dinner
      JJ starts school on Tuesday. Aizen does too I can’t believe summer is done
      I’d love to live closer to you! We could have tea together! Exchange veggies for baked goods! Lol.
      It’s cooler here but still humid.
      I hope your Sunday is going well
      Thank you for the up-date on Christine. Please let her know she is in my prayers
      Have a good 9one!
      Adele

• Colleen
      Participant

Hi Adele,
      We are going to have to do a rain dance and see if that helps you with the rain. It rained here today but not for very long. We still could use more rain. I just wish that you get some of the rain.
      That sounds really nice to have Amanda, Marissa and the baby there today. I am glad that everyone was there for dinner. That must have bee a lot of fun for you and Gary. Was Bobby there also? It would be nice if he was. What did you make?
      It would be nice to live closer. We could do some fun things. Our greats could meet each other. They would probably have a great time. They are the same age.
      Our day is going well I baked a bunch of pecan cookies for here and for the greats. Kylie is going to come to stay a couple days and help clean house. She is helping with the deep cleaning so the house will be clean for the fall and winter. She is a good kid.
      I will let her know that you are praying for her. She will be pleased to hear that. Well that is all from here. Have a great night and stay safe.
      Colleen

• Gail Norusis
      Participant

Hi Everyone,
      DD, everything is still pretty green here. We have plenty of rain though. it was dry midsummer but since August we have had plenty of rain. They say we are in for storms later today. I hope not. The days are definitely getting shorter though. We once had a cat that no one ever saw. She was fine with us but if anyone else came over she would make a mad dash for under the bed. She was our mystery cat. lol
      I have not noticed any hosts missing either but like the others I seldom watch live. I DVR shows I might be interested in and flick through them quickly and I also check recently on air and new today on the website. I might watch Angel live for at least part of a Quacker show and I always will watch Payton Kelly if he is on a jewelry show but that’s about all anymore. I remember years ago I had it on in the back ground all day long for company-but that was in the days before the internet and the DVR.
      Colleen, I looked on Antonella’s Facebook page even though I am not on Facebook it must be public as I could see it. It looks like she is selling jewelry for someone on there now. She has short gray hair as I assume she lost her’s through chemo but she looked well. So I hope her cancer is gone and she is recovering. I know she was living on a boat and it looked like that might be where she still is. Every once in a while someone posts something about her on the Q boards which I check out regularly.
      I’m glad things seem better for Christine. What is the name of your great grand daughter again? There are getting to be so many and i am getting old and forgetful. lol
      I’m glad Kylie is helping you clean. That’s so nice. Sometimes Jenny offers to help me but I figure she’s busy enough. Now that Greg is home he helps me. Also I must admit with just the two of us I don’t clean as often as i did years ago. Then it was every week. Now it’s every few weeks with just the two of us and few visitors we just don’t make that much of a mess. Plus it takes me four times longer to do the same things I did 25 years ago. lol
      Adele, I love the way Santino announces himself. lol Do you ever ask who’s me? lol Does no one call him Sonny anymore.
      It’s funny that you said the Q hosts are all business without personal stories. Many on the Q boards complain about them acting too silly and giggling and telling too many personal stories. They just want them to be strictly business. I never minded the personal stories or joking around. I think it made it more interesting but it seems some people just like to complain and now with the internet they have an audience. Two people who really have a lot of complainers are Shawn and Jane Tracy. They really bother people. I guess I am just too easy going and see no reason for all the negativity against people that they don’t even know.
      So Lachlan has Covid now. I figured with the kids back in school it was just a matter of time. I just hope no one else gets it. He seems to have a mild case. Just a fever and sniffles. Fingers crossed.
      So Colleen and Adele do your great grands call you the same thing as your grands do and what do they call you.
      I don’t have any great grands but my grands call me Gigi.
      Gail

Attachments:
    • adele shanbar
      Participant

Hey Colleen
      It would be fun to live close by!
      Yes, Bobby was here too. I’m ashamed to say we did take out. Lol. I had no notice they were all coming back. We got food from Liberty Bell. Everyone loves it there. They have everything. Marissa and I got haddock. Bobby got a roast beef sandwich. JJ and Gary got chicken fingers. I’m not sure what Amanda got! Santino had mozzarella sticks. Lol
      No rain again up here. They are talking about a possible hurricane this weekend. That would be awful because my neighbor is having a wedding in her yard on Sunday, and my other neighbor is having her driveway sealed!
      JJ starts school tomorrow. 😱🙏🏻
      That’s great you will have help cleaning for the winter. Our grands are so good to us!
      Have a good night
      Adele

• adele shanbar
      Participant

Hey Gailster
      You’re right. Everyone calls him Santino. Lol
      I do ask him. Lol. When he says it’s him, I say is that my Santino? And he yells … it’s me Nana…. He tells all the way up the stairs. It’s so freaking funny! He’s so excited he’s here. Then he eats an orange with me and plays with his toys or my pumpkins and duckies in the table that are glass. Heavy glass…. He has dropped them and they are still in one piece
      I’ll attach the placemat and skeleton I put up today. From the Q, of course
      Sorry about the covid case! I’ll add an extra prayer he stays mild. Also hope nobody else gets it!!!🙏🏻🙏🏻👍👍
      I can’t clean like I used to. I can’t even brush my teeth like I used to!!!
      Hope you have a good night!
      Adele

• Colleen
      Participant

Hi Gail,
      It rained here today and stormed. We really needed the rain to make up for the rain we missed during the dry weather. It sure has been a hot summer we have not had one this hot in a long time.
      Thanks for looking that up. She is such a sweet lady and always had a big smile. I love to hear her talk and her laugh was very contagious. It is sad that she has cancer. I wonder how all of her kids are. They seemed to be a really close family. I hope they still are she needs her family right now.
      My great granddaughter’s name is Nova. She is a very cute baby. She is pulling up and walking around the couch. She is a big baby and it will be nice when she can climb up on the chair or couch then she can climb into my lap and I will not have to lift her. Grayson can climb into my lap and get down when he wants. He is a funny kid.
      Kylie is still single and likes to come here and stay when she is off work. She always likes to help around here. She will help me and she will help Ron just which ever one of us need help.
      I will say a prayer for Lachlan. I hope he gets over covid quickly and no one else catches it.
      Colleen

• Colleen
      Participant

Hi Adele,
      That food that is from a restaurant is a lot more fun for the cook. I do that a lot when all the kids are here. The only time that I don’t is on holidays. We seem to have a special menu that we have every year and the kids do not like change.
      We are praying for you and that you will get some rain soon. We had some rain here again today. I am sure rain will be going your way soon. We thought we would never get any rain and then it started. We will keep praying.
      I hope that it will let your friend have her wedding in the yard and then the rain will come. Well it could rain this week and then dry out a little so the outside wedding will not be ruined.
      Colleen

• adele shanbar
      Participant

Hey Colleen
      Still no rain. They are talking about rain tonight into the morning. We shall see. Two systems are combining from the south and west. So far, anytime this happened lately, we were in the middle with nothing
      JJ started school today. Amanda came early this am…. at 6:30, made JJ some eggs, and took him to school. Aizen started too. I sent him a text saying I hope he has a good year!
      I’m going to try again to attach pics from decorations I just got

• Gail Norusis
      Participant

Starting new page for September. See you all there.

Viewing 49 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Share on Facebook
Facebook
Pin on Pinterest
Pinterest
Tweet about this on Twitter
Twitter
Email this to someone
email

Share this with a Smile
X Close
Watch QVC
top finds links QVC LIVE QVC PLUS QVC UK