Chit-Chat April 20222022-04-05T09:24:09-04:00

Home Forums General Quacker Chatter Chit-Chat April 2022

Viewing 47 reply threads
  • Author
      Participant

Hi Everyone,
      I’m back. We had such a nice week even if the weather wasn’t too cooperative. It snowed twice last week.
      But we had a nice visit. Went out for some nice meals. Went to the water park. Brent never did make it into the city as the day he wanted to go it snowed. We were not going to go that time as my knee has never been quite right again since I hurt it right before Christmas and can not do the walking required to go into the city. I did feel bad about that.
      We also went to the auto museum and also to this place where they had a dinosaur display.
      Brent met up with his birth father and then we met him another day. It was interesting. They really do look alike.
      We had gathered some of Brent’s stuff that was still here for him to take back and he also finally took his tools and tool chest.
      I had a bunch of scrap booking stuff that was brand new that I knew I was never going to use so I gave a big box to Tynasha as she likes to do that kind of stuff. So they definitely went home with more than they came with.
      One day when we were out we passed this chocolate shop that we had driven by for forty years and I said why don’t we stop and go in. Boy was I glad we did. The chocolate there was delicious. What a treasure I found. I wish I had gone there before.
      My sister just competed in a ballroom dance competition and got a trophy for Latin dance in the senior division. (I can barely pick up my feet) lol
      Brent says they may come back this summer when Isaiah is at his father’s for the summer. It does limit what we might want to do when there is a 12 year old involved. But we are used to that with Jenny and the kids as we rarely get to do adult stuff with her.
      Anyway, I think everyone had a good time. Unfortunately Isaiah had a cold that he passed on to Greg.
      I see we are eligible for another covid booster so we will have to get scheduled for that.
      My friend had a knee replacement when Brent was here so I have to check in with her this week. I hope things went well.
      I hope you are all well. We may possibly get snow again on Friday. Then I think we might be done hopefully.
      Gail

Attachments:
    • adele shanbar
      Participant

Hi Gailster
      So glad you all had a good time!! I bet the 22 year old had fun with Greg!
      I was thinking if you all week. I knew there was lots of fun happening. You all deserved a nice visit, and I’m glad all went well
      You’ll have to share what you got at the chocolate store!! Share the name so we can peak at what they have.
      It’s been sunny up here. It’s going to get gross tonight into Friday. Yuck!!
      Santino is coming over for a quick visit very shortly. That always brightens your day
      I bet you two are tired. A couple of nights of quiet snd you’ll be good as new!!
      I gave to make up the Easter baskets this weekend. I got my list ready for baking I’m going to try to make a double batch of Anise cookies , and send them in to the nursing home
      We’re having Pina and the twins for Easter dinner😇🙏🏻♥️ I feel bad Tillie won’t be here. I’ll send a plate to the nursing home for her.
      What are you doing for Easter?
      Adele

• adele shanbar
      Participant

Hi Gailster
      So glad you all had a good time!! I bet the 22 year old had fun with Greg!
      I was thinking if you all week. I knew there was lots of fun happening. You all deserved a nice visit, and I’m glad all went well
      You’ll have to share what you got at the chocolate store!! Share the name so we can peak at what they have.
      It’s been sunny up here. It’s going to get gross tonight into Friday. Yuck!!
      Santino is coming over for a quick visit very shortly. That always brightens your day
      I bet you two are tired. A couple of nights of quiet snd you’ll be good as new!!
      I gave to make up the Easter baskets this weekend. I got my list ready for baking I’m going to try to make a double batch of Anise cookies , and send them in to the nursing home
      We’re having Pina and the twins for Easter dinner😇🙏🏻♥️ I feel bad Tillie won’t be here. I’ll send a plate to the nursing home for her.
      What are you doing for Easter?
      Adele

• Colleen
      Participant

Hi Gail,
      Sounds like you had a good visit with Brent and his girlfriend. Did you get to do a lot with Jenny and the kids? It must have been fun for the kids to see their Uncle Brent. It is nice that Brent got to meet up with his dad and you got to meet him also. Glad that it went well.
      It is cold here at night and warmer during the day. We have been getting a lot of rain and it is usually at night. So it makes it nice to see some sun during the day.
      That is hard to pass up a chocolate shop. It is nice to find a place where they sell sugar free candy. They do not sell very many sugar free items anymore. I use to be able to get pies and cakes and all kinds of things but now it is really hard to find it. I love the sugar free pecan pies they are really good but cannot get them any longer.
      Wow that is cool that your sister won in the dance contest. She must be a really good dancer. Do you ever go and watch her compete? That would be fun to watch. Have you been watching the masked singer? It is really good. It always surprises me when we find out who is under the mask. Tonight they unmasked Penn and Teller. I would never have guessed it was them.
      That will be fun if Brent gets to come back this summer. That was nice that Brent got more of his things. That was also nice of you to give his girlfriend all that photo stuff. Sound like you had enough to keep her busy.
      Well that is about all from here. Have a great night and stay safe.
      Colleen

• Colleen
      Participant

Hi Adele,
      Sounds like you have a nice Easter planned. We are having Easter here this year. Mandy and her family will be here. Kylie is going to stay the night Saturday before Easter. She is going to help me fix Easter dinner. She helped me last year also. Danyielle is not sure if they will come here or not. It is the year she usually goes to Kevin’s family but they are not sure if they are going to do anything this year. We will have to wait and see what she decides.
      That is nice that you are going to bake all those cookies and send them to the place where Tillie is staying. They will like that. Tillie will enjoy the dinner you send her.
      How is Tillie doing? I hope she is doing better. Is she sitting up more now? I hope she is and she is walking more. That will be great if she is. It is a shame that she will not be with you. I am glad the the kids will all be there. Especially Santino at his age will be a lot of fun to watch. Grayson will be here so we will hide eggs for him to hunt. He had a really good time last year.
      Colleen

• adele shanbar
      Participant

Hey Colleen
      Tillie is actually doing worst. She won’t sit in a chair for long and us less mobile every day. She keeps saying she is sick and in pain when they get her up
      This morning they gave her a shower and put her in a wheelchair to have breakfast. She’s refusing to eat saying she is sick and is crying that she wants to go back to bed. That is what happens every day.
      That’s great you are having help with Easter dinner. It’s going to feel awful that Tillie is in a home and not here. It’s an awful feeling
      Hope you have a good day!
      Adele

• Dianne Danielson
      Participant

Hi Ladies,
      NO this isn’t a belated April Fool’s day joke. It really is me!! I haven’t been on here as there wasn’t a whole lot going on. Critt’s back home now & he ended up down on the floor in a matter of a couple days, nights I should say. This time he had sense enough to call 911. One night I had 6 firefighters knocking at my door, & I pointed them down to Critt’s apt. I missed my chance, girls. He didn’t end up back at the hospital, that’s the good news.
      We had a gorgeous day today, almost 70. But, the weather’s about to do a 180!! Some really cold temps are in our future, maybe mix of rain/snow next week!!! Lots of snow in the mts, just when we thought winter was behind us. We’ve had a couple nights of frosty temps.
      I ordered a few things from the Q in recent days. I ordered one of those new tops with the sea shells on it. It was a toss up between that one & the butterflies. I already have a couple tops with butterflies so I thought the I ordered a few things from the Q in recent days. I ordered one of those new tops with the sea shells on it. It was a toss up between that one & the butterflies. Isea shells would be cute. I wanted more than one but had to choose. I also ordered a couple Temptations items in hello yellow in the old world pattern, she brought some to the retired colors for the 20th anniversary. I wish more of the old colors could return. I loved chocolate, light blue, in floral lace & yellow, spice, brown, ocean fetti in old world pattern, among others. I’m not crazy about the grey, taupe, in either pattern. I haven’t seen eggplant in a while either. You’d think it’d be prominent this time of year. I remember when she put out some gorgeous bakers & baker sets.
      Well, that’s about all I can think of for tonight.
      Take care, stay safe, stay well.
      dd

Attachments:
    • Dianne Danielson
      Participant

HI Ladies,
      I better proof read my posts before sending. I see somehow some of my sentences repeated in the middle of the post. It’s happened before but I caught it. Sometimes the whole thing repeated itself & I was able to catch it.
      dd

• Colleen
      Participant

Hi Adele,
      It is sad that you will not have Tillie home for Easter. Maybe she will get thru this. I wish I could magically change all of for you. I know how you feel it is rough. She will enjoy the food that you send her. Maybe she will eat that and enjoy it. I pray every night for you and Tillie.
      You will have a house full there for Easter. That should make it easier for you. Your little one will make your day brighter. Just enjoy your time with him and be glad that you have him there. I cannot wait to have all the kids here for Easter. We will have Grayson and he will be so cute. Nova will not enjoy the day as much as. She will be really cute though. She is getting really chubby though. She is just really cute.
      You have a great day and stay safe. Try to think of something really happy to get thru Easter.
      Colleen

• adele shanbar
      Participant

Hi DD
      I hope Critt is on the mend. It’s just awful getting old. Prayers sent
      I have a lot of errors. It’s that dam auto correct!!
      You certainly did miss your chance! Seems the requirement for firefighters is handsome!! Lol. Lol
      It’s pouring up here again. Makes you so down when it’s so dark and gloomy
      Does anyone watch Btidgerton? We just saw the pilot episode. We finished Grace and Frankie. So we are starting to hinge that one next! I need something to get my mind off Tilie. It’s been awful worrying about her every day. Going into a nursing home is just plain miserable
      Hope you have a good weekend
      Adele

• adele shanbar
      Participant

Hey Colleen
      The little ones make your day! Thank God we have them
      I’m praying I am able to get all my goodies baked with no incidents😱😱.
      I just want something to feel normal again
      I have to make up the Easter baskets this weekend👍 Every time I do something for Easter I feel guilty because Tillie is not here. In 72 years, I have never spent an Easter without her. I guess I should be grateful for that
      Hope everyone is ok snd has a good weekend
      Adele

• Gail Norusis
      Participant

Hi Everyone,
      Adele, could you Facetime with Tillie when one of the kids are there or something or would that just make it worse for her. I wonder if she really understands why you are not able to visit. I pray for you and her all the time. It’s kind of an impossible situation.
      I’m glad that you will have family at Easter-sometimes we have to remember to think of what we do have and not what we don’t have-especially when it is out of our control.
      I have no idea what we are doing for Easter as we have not had it at all for two years. Probably go to brunch and then have sandwiches here later on.
      The candy store was called Riverside candy in I think McHenry. I have no idea if they have an online presence or not. I didn’t even go in because of my knee but Greg went in and brought me back a box of all mixed stuff like a sampler and Brent and Tynasha got all kinds of different things.
      I’m not sure what 22 year old you were referencing-Isaiah is 12-maybe that’s who you meant.
      He had a ball with Greg’s occulus-so much so that Brent bought one for the two of them. it’s so funny to watch people on the occulus-they look like they are crazy. lol since we can’t see what they are seeing and interacting with. lol
      We haven’t watched Bridgerton since we don’t have Netflix-I think it’s actually based on a book series.
      You are right we were pooped after the kids left and I napped almost every day this week after all the cleaning before they came and the activity while they were here.
      Colleen, I have never seen my sister dance but I have seen movies of her dancing. She has been doing ball room dancing since way before DWTS.
      We have been cold and rainy here with even some snow. In fact there was a dusting this morning. I’m afraid we are going to go straight from freezing to sweating with nothing in between.
      Greg starts golfing next week. I hope it is warmer then.
      Grayson should be fun for the Easter egg hunt this year. Nova is probably too young yet. When she is a little older Grayson will have a built in playmate.
      We have been watching The Masked Singer. I actually guessed Penn and Teller for the hydra. I do so enjoy guessing and seeing all the elaborate costumes. It’s amazing how they are able to keep everyone a secret.
      DD, I’m glad that Critt was okay. You must have thought that you were in for a treat when you opened the door to find six firemen there. lol
      Your new shirt sounds pretty. I must have missed the seashell one. I am trying not to get much and use what I have since I have a lot already. We’ll see how long that lasts. lol
      I heard other people saying they miss some of the older polka dot patterns from Temptations too. I guess she has so many patterns and colors it’s hard to keep up with all of them.
      Does anyone do the daily Wordle puzzle. Yesterday Greg told me what the word was before I could work my own puzzle so he was in deep doodoo. lol
      Gail

Attachments:
    • Gail Norusis
      Participant

I read on the Q boards that some people read on Facebook that DWTS is going over to Disney plus. Oh well-it was fun while it lasted. I’m not paying for any more services as DISH has already gotten way too expensive. Plus any streaming services aren’t that great for us as our internet service is not that great and there is a lot of buffering when we stream something. Just thought I’d give a heads up and see if anyone else has read this.

• adele shanbar
      Participant

Hey Gailster
      I do FaceTime Tillie. Most of the time she’s ok with it. But I noticed when I FaceTime her, she can’t hear what I’m saying most of the time
      She knows why I’m not there. Gary was going to go in, and she said not to let him because it would be too much walking for him. So, she does realize some things. There are days she is very lucid and days she looks near death. When they give her any painkillers, she is completely gone. I have addressed that, but then they tell me they can’t leave her in pain. I get it. It’s a no win situation!
      I meant the 12 year old. Lol. I always hit the wrong letters and numbers. Too funny!
      I got a bit of a break today. No demands were made of me from the health insurance people for a change. Lol. The list of demands is unbelievable. They have almost everything. Just waiting for more documentation from the bank, and from Prudential insurance
      It finally stopped pouring. The sun came out. I needed sunglasses in the kitchen… lol
      Tomorrow Frankie is coming to do the Spring clean-up outside. But we heard it is going to rain again. Not sure if that plan will work.
      I have Disney plus. Still, that’s awful to move it Tillie won’t be able to see it anymore at the home. I got a special 5.00 a month price for it
      I got it to see Hamilton, and I still have not seen all of it.
      I’ll look up the candy store. I’ll let you know if I find it. Love those candy stores!!
      Glad everyone had such a good time. You all deserved some fun
      Have a good weekend
      Adele

• Gail Norusis
      Participant

Hi Adele,
      Well that’s good that Tillie knows why you can’t come in person.
      Yes, Facetime is hard for someone who doesn’t hear well.
      I have started putting the closed captions on the TV for Greg as he was missing probably 50% of the dialogue in most programs.
      I know I have to repeat what I say too most of the time. I know it’s bad for him because he can’t hear but sometimes it is frustrating for me too having to repeat everything. It’s a no win situation.
      We are having a couple days of nicer weather and then it’s going to get colder over the weekend.
      Looks like we will be wearing our winter coats for Easter. No pretty pastel Easter outfit and patent leather shoes. lol
      Did you get a new outfit for Easter when you were a kid? I always remember doing that-and sometimes even white gloves. I can still remember a dress I got when I was about in 4th grade. I wish I had a picture of me in it.
      Gosh it sounds like the paperwork for the nursing home is really complicated. I don’t remember doing all that for my MIL. But maybe that’s because we didn’t have to use all her assets to pay. It was payed for with her money.
      I suppose they do have to give her the pain meds when she is in pain as they can’t let her suffer but it’s too bad the pills are so strong as to knock her out. Nothing is ever easy-is it?
      After Easter I have to go back and get my knee looked at again as it has never been right since I twisted it at Christmas.
      I think my SIL is back from Florida but I have not heard from her yet so not quite sure when they returned.
      Greg is golfing again today. At least it isn’t freezing out-this is the week before league starts practice day.
      Kendall is doing track this year so sometime I hope the weather is decent on a day that she has a meet as I’d like to go see one.
      Nothing much going on here.
      Gail

Attachments:
    • adele shanbar
      Participant

Gailster
      I just last my entire post. Too tired to do it again
      Attaching a pic of pile of documents for Tillie
      Going into a nursing home is the last thing anyone should ever want to do. For so many reasons!
      I’m pooped today. Got another list this am to produce. I’m so tired of this. It takes up my whole day we’re in a weird situation because in November our bank was purchased by a bigger bank. Any statements from the prior bank need to be requested from the bank.
      It was in 60’s here today. It will get cooler, but not supposed to get real cold tgat I know if…. hopefully
      Did you hear about NY???? I’d be concerned for Marathon Monday if I were going to be there. All this violence needs to stop. What is wrong with people???
      Hope you have a good time getting ready for Easter. I start baking shortly
      Have a good night!
      Adele

Attachments:
    • Gail Norusis
      Participant

Hi Adele,
      I didn’t really hear about NY until this morning. All I can say is that I am very glad that I don’t live in a big city.
      When I think of when I lived in Chicago all the times I took the Ltrain or the bus without even thinking about it. Of course even back then some weird things happened on public transportation but at least they weren’t violent.
      You sure do have a huge stack of paperwork. We were lucky to escape all that.
      Yes having to go to a nursing home is a pain for many reasons but on the other hand they are sure good to have when we need them. Otherwise what would we do when we can no longer care for a loved one by ourselves. It could be tragic for everyone involved.
      We are supposed to get storms this evening. I hope we get lucky and they go around us.
      We just finally invested in an air fryer after being on the fence about it for a long time. We haven’t used it yet but we got to talking about it when Brent was here so after he left I decided to take the leap. Actually we were talking about a meat slicer which Brent ordered. He was saying how he wanted some Italian beef while he was here since he can’t get any by him. I said if he ever wanted to make some I had an excellent recipe from a friend but I never make it anymore because you can’t take the meat back to the butcher anymore to get it sliced really thin after it was cooked like you used to be able to do in the old days. So he decided it would be worth it to buy a meat slicer. I know Greg wants one too and it would probably be worth it just for the Italian beef sandwiches. So that will probably e our next purchase. I also bought a really nice set of Henckels knives that I had been wanting for awhile. It’s time to donate my old QVC knives. They were good while they lasted but it was time to upgrade. Especially as I need better knives as I don’t have the hand strength that I used to. Now I just have to cook more. lol
      How are your cookies going? I think I will pick up an ice cream cake from Dairy Queen for Easter. I’m all about taking it easy. lol
      Gail

• adele shanbar
      Participant

Hey Gailster
      What in the world it Italian meat???? Lol. Never heard of it
      I’ve been eyeing those fryers. You’ll have to let us know what you think
      Had serious conversation with nursing home. Talking about palliative care, and putting Tillie on morphine. I don’t want to see her lie there, incognito and with pain every day. That is not life. That is torture
      Starting baking today. 😱👍🤓. Your ice cream cake sounds great!!
      Hoppy Easter🐇🐇🐇🐥🐥🐣🐣

• Gail Norusis
      Participant

Adele,
      Italian beef sandwiches-not Italian meat. It may be a Chicago thing. It’s very thinly sliced beef served and cooked in an au jus with Italian seasonings. I grew up on it. We had a place in our little town where I grew up that served the best that there was. It’s served on a crusty bun or bread about six inches long with a topping of sweet green peppers. They are awesome.

• adele shanbar
      Participant

Omg. Gailster.
      Thst is funny. We have no such sandwich in Italian restaurants. Lol. Lol
      We do have steak snd cheese subs. Some people add peppers. But the usual is to add mushrooms or onions. Most people leave it with just the steak and cheese
      Hot roast beef sandwiches are extremely popular up here too. Nothing on them. But some people ask fir a “three way”. I think it adds pickle, mayo and something else. Lol. Not sure cause I like my roast beef with just salt and pepper
      I find it amusing how good tastes are so different in parts of the country
      I made one thing today. Eclair pie. New simple recipe. Bottom layer of 13 x9 pan is pillsbuty crescent rolls. Then comes instant vanilla pudding made with half and half, snd topping of melted chocolate with heavy cream. Should taste just like an eclair. Lol
      Just found out we are having an Easter Egg hunt. Pina is doing it. Woohaa….
      I kind of got the fun knocked out of me after I spoke with the Head Nurse. She made it abundantly clear Tillie is failing. She asked if I had anyone to talk with over this. No. Told her I was an only child, and don’t have a daughter anymore either, which makes my son an only child. Kind of got me down. I know she’s not coming home. But to hear they are adding morphine makes it a whole different ballgame. Tillie is a DNR. They will do an ultrasound to see if anything else is going on in her stomach as she is complaining about a lot of belly pain. She did say the wound nurse is also treating the bed sores on her heels…. from not getting out of bed She has very limited time in the recliner and wants to go back to bed. They added an antibiotic for the heel sores. Sucks
      Getting older and being 95 is no fun. This will be the first holiday without my mother. Grant it, Christmas got ruined because I had covid, but she was still in the house. You know, I had an awful feeling that would be her last Christmas, and it was ruined by covid. That was an awful last Christmas.
      Sorry for complaining. I’m trying to be happy for Easter for the little ones. I’m so glad Puna is doing an egg hunt! God bless her!!!
      My German grandmother died on Good Friday I’m hoping Tillie does not get any ideas of doing the same thing. My Dad died in 12/23, and his brother, my Uncle, died on the same day. This family has some strange ways of endings. I’m still hoping she will get better, and play bingo in the activity room!!😩🙏🏻♥️
      Hope you have a great Easter. Making Pizzaghiena and Ricotta Pie tomorrow. Saturday is Anise cookies, and little cheesecakes.
      Luv all you guys!! My Quacker buddies!!
      Adele

• Colleen
      Participant

Happy Easter to everyone. Adele I hope that you have a great day with your family. I know that it will be hard without Tillie but she is in a good place and they will take good care of her. I hope you can send her some food to enjoy. DD i hope you can have dinner with Critt or your friend. Gail have fun with your grand kids and your daughter.
      God Bless all of You
      Colleen

• adele shanbar
      Participant

Happy Easter everyone!!
      Hope everyone has a good day with lots of goodies!! I’ll attach pics if what I made
      Bobby is bringing Tillie dinner and goodies from here. I hope she can eat them. The nurses are feeding her now
      Gif bless all of you!
      Adele

Attachments:
    • adele shanbar
      Participant

Happy Easter everyone!!
      Hope everyone has a good day with lots of goodies!! I’ll attach pics if what I made
      Bobby is bringing Tillie dinner and goodies from here. I hope she can eat them. are feeding her now
      Gif bless all of you!
      Adele

Attachments:
    • Gail Norusis
      Participant

Happy Easter to all My Quacker friends.
      Love you!

Attachments:
    • Gail Norusis
      Participant

Hi Everyone,
      I hope everyone had a good Easter.
      Adele, as usual all your goodies look delicious.
      We had a nice brunch. We went to a different place this year as the place we used to go wasn’t offering brunch this year.
      I’m glad that we went early as the guy who owns the place told me he was expecting 500 hundred people between 10 and 2. Yikes. I’m happy for him though since restaurants really suffered during shut downs.
      Anyway, we had brunch and went home and then the kids came over at about three and we hunted Easter eggs and then had dinner from the sandwich tray I ordered from WalMart plus I made a big bowl of fruit salad and deviled eggs and we had chips and pop. And for dessert there was ice cream cake from DQ. After dinner we played games. I enjoy playing games with the kids.
      Kendall is doing track this year so we are going to try and get over to the school for her meet this afternoon since it’s supposed to be nice today. And then rain tomorrow and 80 on Saturday. And then the 50’s again next week.
      It’s the ever changing weather state.
      Gail

Attachments:
    • Gail Norusis
      Participant

That’s a picture of what we woke up to the day after Easter. The poor flowers don’t know what to do.

• adele shanbar
      Participant

Hey Gailster!!!
      Everyone had a good time and took lots of food home. They wanted more Anise cookies. Lol
      Santino was scared of the Easter Bunny. He called him Scary Bunny. He was played by my neighbors son. It was hysterical
      It took us two days to put everything back. Even with the paper plates. Lol. I was too tired to take the tablecloth off, polish the table, and put everything back on the table. But, it’s all done. The last pan for baking was put away today. The ricotta pie stays in the bottom of the springform pan.
      Now we will be on to Memorial Day. Soon the red white and blue decorations will surface!
      Hope you have a good weekend!!
      Adele

• Colleen
      Participant

Hi Gail and Adele,
      We had a great time Easter. Grayson was so funny. He had fun hunting the eggs and put them in his basket. He got tired of hunting them and just sat down. He was the only one this year. Aliza had to go to her other grandma’s this year. We have a rabbit for her here will give it to her later. That is funny that Santino called the bunny scary bunny. You never know how kids will react to the bunny or Santa.
      I am glad that you found a place to have brunch this year. I bet you had a nice time. It was nice that the kids went with you and did not have to spend the time with their dad. Owen had to stay with his dad this year so that is why they went to Kevin’s family Easter.
      Adele your desserts always look so good. It is a shame that we cannot grab thru the screen and take a bite. You always make such good cookies and cakes. We had that rainbow cake that David’s cookies make. It is so big and the kids all like it. They all took food home with them also. They took a lot of the cake so that was good.
      Gail, I cannot believe that you had snow the day after Easter. The weather this year is so different. It is warm one day and the next it is really cold. It has been like that here also. We have had rain been lucky and have not had any more snow. We had snow on Easter so we should have rain the next 7 Sunday’s. I sure hope that is wrong.
      We did not put our Easter things out this year. We have had so much going on here. I never knew that taking teenage kids in the house. Kids sure are different then they use to be. Ethan does not like doing anything. At least Owen and Aliza still like to go outside and play ball and things like that. Ethan will go out for awhile and then he wats to go back inside and get on the internet.
      Well that is all from here. Have a great night and stay safe.
      Colleen

• adele shanbar
      Participant

Hi Colleen
      Good to hear from you! Glad you all had a good time. The little ones make Easter so much fun. They make everything fun.
      You are so right. All teenagers want to do is be on their devices. I swear the internet has ruined these kids They have no idea how to interact in person
      The sun is shining up here, but it is cool. Frankie is supposed to come tomorrow to finish the Spring clean-up. It’s not supposed to rain, so that will be fabulous!! I’m hoping all can be finished tomorrow
      I don’t see much coming up yet over here. I can say the bunnies have been eating where I planted new Hosta last year. I don’t think they will ever come up! Lol
      Hope you have a good weekend!
      Adele

• Colleen
      Participant

Hi Adele,
      It got really warm here today. It was in the 80’s. We did not turn the air on though we are going to stick it out till it gets hot and stays hot. It is supposed to be warm until Monday and then drop back down to the sixties. I do not like these big temperature drops. It has been really windy and that messes with every ones allergies. If it is not one thing it is another.
      How is Tillie doing? Hope she ate her Easter dinner. I will continue to pray for her. Sounds like you had a good Easter. I cannot get over how tall Santino is. He is going to be a really tall boy. Poor Grayson is going to be a short stocky kid. It will be interesting to see if Nova is going to be short or tall.
      Ethan is with his other Grandma this week-end. So we get a break and maybe can get some things done here. It is hard to do anything with him in the house. It is not that he gets in the way it is just if I start doing something in the kitchen then he has to be in the kitchen. He is just a typical kid.
      That is a shame that the bunnies are eating your Hosta. We have had three deer that are hanging out in our yard. I did not think they would come up in the yard because of the dogs. They have been eating the leaves off our fruit trees. They will eat the roses when they start blooming. We will have to wait and see what happens to the trees they have been eating on.
      Well that is all from here. Have a great night and stay safe.
      Colleen

• adele shanbar
      Participant

Omg Colleen!!
      Frankie said there were baby bunnies everywhere he cleaned leaves away!!How cute is that!! But, I will not have any Hosta anywhere. It is not growing in the side of the house. It is definitely nit growing near the stairs to the deck!! Lol. I guess if you like bunnies, you get no Hosta. Lol
      Santino came by to say happy Birthday to Bobby. Marissa brought him coffee from Starbucks when she went exercising this am. Then she came back later. So did Amanda. They all went for a walk, accept Bobby
      I made his cake snd another Eclair Pie. Pics attached. The Eclair Pie is in the fridge. Tears where I took the pic. Lol
      Tillie is good kne say snd then hallucinating the next day. I sent her the soup she loves from the Chinese restaurant. She ate the whole thing!! I git her 2 so she could have another one the next day. It was a commotion to send it. They are not allowed to go into the nursing home. So,I had one of the staff to pick it up st the door, snd the nurse then gave it to her
      We are having take out tonight with a gift certificate my neighbor gave us for Christmas
      Hope the rest of your weekend goes well!!
      I did Bobby cake as a sheet cake so I would not have to do two layers. Lol
      Adele

Attachments:
    • Colleen
      Participant

Hi Adele,
      That is so cute all the little bunnies. It is not good that they are eating your Hosta. You can’t plant anymore not knowing if there will be more rabbits or not. It is a shame that you cannot move them somewhere else. Bunnies are so cute. Deer are really pretty until the eat my roses.
      The things that you baked for Bobbies birthday look really good. How nice the kids came for his birthday. How is Steph doing? I guess she could not come over. I hope she is doing better.
      That is good news that Tillie ate all of the soup. That is really good. The home where she is staying sounds like a really nice place. It was nice that they got the food for her and she ate that good. Hopefully this is a good sign.
      I do not do layer cakes anymore. I usually cannot get the second layer to stay in place it slides off. If I want layer cake I have to buy one. It is always nice to get take out. We had steaks for dinner it was just me and Ron so we did not fix much.
      I hope your week-end goes well and the kids will come back to visit. It is nice to have the kids over. Have a good night and stay safe.
      Colleen

• Dianne Danielson
      Participant

Hi Ladies,
      I’m alive!!! I had a quiet Easter. Hallie brought me a huge plate of ham & all the fixings. I had got a small prime rib for me & Critt but it shank so much I gave the majority to him (I took the bone) & had it with the other stuff.
      Gail, it looks like you got the same snowstorm we had the week before! We don;t get snow in April.
      March maybe, but never April. The higher elevations, mts, ski resorts, yes. Mt. Hood gets snow in May
      but not down here.
      It was a beautiful weekend here this weekend but the rain returns tomorrow & sticks around all week. Mostly showers. We’ve already had the 4th wettest April on record. Last yr was the driest.
      Snowball got her summer haircut this week. Of course it was the wettest day of the week. We got the tail end of some typhoon from the eastern Pacific. It was a soaker for sure.
      I’m taking down my EAster decor. Just like my Christmas decor it’s hard to take it down.
      I’ll try to send my pics of Snowball, but I may have to do it by email.rd to take it down.
      I’ll try to send my pics of Snowball, but I may have to do it by email.
      Well, take care everyone. Have a great week.
      dd & Snowball.

Attachments:
    • adele shanbar
      Participant

Hi Colleen
      It was nice they came over. Steph texted Bobby on his birthday. She has not been here in a while. Nor has she visited Tillie She said she can’t see her like this and she can’t come here because her mother is no longer here
      So I got angry and told her not to show up at the funeral and cry because I’ll have her thrown out. Last time we spoke. I expect that will be it until I’m dead. It is what it is, as I say I don’t have the time, nor the tolerance for this drama
      It’s going to rain from tomorrow through the next few days. We need it snd it will help with the pollen. Hope your day is good !
      Sounds like you snd Ron had a great dinner!!
      Adele

• adele shanbar
      Participant

Hi Colleen
      It was nice they came over. Steph texted Bobby on his birthday. She has not been here in a while. Nor has she visited Tillie She said she can’t see her like this and she can’t come here because her mother is no longer here
      So I got angry and told her not to show up at the funeral and cry because I’ll have her thrown out. Last time we spoke. I expect that will be it until I’m dead. It is what it is, as I say I don’t have the time, nor the tolerance for this drama
      It’s going to rain from tomorrow through the next few days. We need it snd it will help with the pollen. Hope your day is good !
      Sounds like you snd Ron had a great dinner!!
      Adele

• Gail Norusis
      Participant

Hi DD,
      We didn’t used to get snow in April but it seems like we are getting it more and more recently.
      In fact I was just remarking to Greg it seems like since we were kids that the springs are colder and the falls are hotter. But maybe it’s just me.
      Love the butterfly pictures and the dog with the chicks. So cute.
      I thought in the last pictures that you sent that Snowball had her short hair. I’ll bet she doesn’t like when it is first cut.
      I’m glad that you had a nice Easter. I hope Critt continues to be well.
      Gail

• Gail Norusis
      Participant

Hi Colleen,
      It sounds like you had a good Easter too.
      We had a day in the 80’s on Saturday but I didn’t turn on the AC either because I know it is going to be cold again. Frost warnings tonight and tomorrow.
      I had one of those rainbow cakes one time and the kids said it was too sweet. Go figure. I liked it.
      I’m glad I don’t have to raise a teenager now. The thought of what they can get into on the internet even when their parents are paying attention just scares me. I’m just not internet savvy enough where they could pull the wool over my eyes easily.
      So far-knock wood-we have not had too much trouble with the deer or the bunnies eating stuff.
      Greg is golfing for league today and it’s only going to be in the 50’s. They already had to cancel last Monday because of snow.
      At least if it’s cold it’s better if the sun is out.
      Gail

• Gail Norusis
      Participant

Hi Adele,
      Tell Bobby Happy Belated Birthday.
      So what did you get from carry out with the gift certificate.
      Greg picked up from the taco food truck yesterday.
      It’s odd how Tillie’s health changes from day to day.
      I’m glad that she enjoyed the soup.
      That must have made you feel good.
      I keep praying for her health and safety. And for you and Gary too.
      I’m glad you had a good Easter.
      It does take longer and longer to get things back to normal after family comes over. lol
      Gail

• adele shanbar
      Participant

Hi DD
      I hope the rain stopped in your area. We’re getting it tomorrow😱
      That was so nice Hallie brought you Easter dinner. Also fabulous you made dinner for you and Critt. It’s so true about prime rib. It seems to shrink to half the size! But it’s real good. Lol
      I bet Snowball tell t go looks a lot smaller with most of her fur gone. Does she like to go to the groomer? Most pets hate it, from what I hear. My cats were short hair cats, so they never got groomed
      We just finished watching Bridgeton. I liked it. Gary was not as thrilled. Lol. Have you seen it?
      I loved Grace and Frankie, and so did Gary. I hope they bring that one back
      It’s very cool here today. I had to put the heat back on. Hated doing that!
      I had another weird incident. I was turning around and hit my toe on the walker when I was getting in bed last night. I thought I broke it. It’s all bruised and swollen. Hurts to walk, but way better than last night I slammed it so bad that I even wrenched the side of my back. When I do something, I do it big!! Lol. Lol. Even the arm is sore. I swear I am a danger even getting into bed.
      Hope your day goes well, and you have a good weather week
      Adele

• Colleen
      Participant

Hi DD.
      Sounds like you had a nice Easter. That was really nice of Hallie to bring you food. Your meals sound really good. Only one of my daughters with her family came here for Easter. We had the little great grand kids here so that was fun. It rained here so we had to have the Easter egg hunt in the house. Grayson enjoyed it.
      I hope that Snowball liked getting her hair cut. Hope that she did not hide all day after getting it done. She is such a pretty cat I hope that you can post her picture.
      I like all the pictures that you post. That is really cute picture of the dog and all the little chicks. The way he has his paw is wrapped around the little ones it looks like he is protecting them. That is just so cute. I would love to have a field of tulips like that. I do not have any right now. I need to plant some.
      I hope that your weather stays nice. We are supposed to get more rain this coming week-end so it will not be that nice to do things. I wish we could just have a week of nice weather and the sun would shine. We have not had any snow like you and Gail had. Hope that is all either of you get for the rest of the spring.
      That is all from here. Have a great night and stay safe.
      Colleen

• Colleen
      Participant

Hi Adele,
      Sometime we have to just speak our minds to our kids. I am sure she will get over it she has before. She has to remember one day she is going to need her boys and she better hope they do not feel the way she does.
      That is all we get here is rain. It has stopped now for a few days but will start again. We are supposed to have a lot of rain for the next couple of weeks. I guess we should expect it. It is spring and that is when we get all the rain.
      Ethan is going home this week. His mom quit her job and went home. We really wanted him to finish the school year here but she wants him back home because he wants to go. It is going to be hard for us to take him home. We have gotten use to him being here all the time. Oh well that is how it goes.
      Colleen

• Colleen
      Participant

Hi Gail,
      Right now every time it warms up it rains. It is supposed to be in the thirties tonight so the furnace will come on again. Glad we did not turn the air on when it got hot.
      Ron is trying to keep the deer out of the yard. Ever since Ron had the tick bite. I do not see how he is going to keep them out living in the woods like we do. I think we have a family of deer. There are two big ones and then one little one. They come up in the front but in the back they are raising cattle so the deer do not come in that way very often. We have a few trees in the back but that guy cut all the trees off of his property. I just hope that there is not a bad odor from the cattle.
      I hope Greg has a good year golfing. How long does it last? Do they golf all summer? Ron is cutting down trees for a friend of ours. He cut down a really big tree and is going back to cut the rest of the tree into fire wood. He will be doing that for awhile.
      Well that is about all from here. Have a great day and stay safe.
      Colleen

• adele shanbar
      Participant

Hey Gailster
      I got my favorite from them…. A delicious roast beef sandwich on a seeded Billie roll. They come hot. Beef is sliced very thin, almost like cold cuts. Do you have these? Do you call them something else?? The juices of the beef soak into the roll. Yum. Yum. I can’t have them often because beef us hard to digest
      Gary had ch fingers with fries and onion rings.
      Today Tillie is talking, but hard to understand. She asked for ice cream. She could not eat it. We’ll try sherbet. That is lighter and maybe it will sit better
      My friends came for brunch today. I gave nit seen them since Heathers funeral!! It was so good to see them. We’ll have to get another visit in before covid gets worst again
      It’s going to pour very shortly😱
      Hope you are having a good day!!
      Adele

• adele shanbar
      Participant

Hey Gailster
      I got my favorite from them…. A delicious roast beef sandwich on a seeded Billie roll. They come hot. Beef is sliced very thin, almost like cold cuts. Do you have these? Do you call them something else?? The juices of the beef soak into the roll. Yum. Yum. I can’t have them often because beef us hard to digest
      Gary had ch fingers with fries and onion rings.
      Today Tillie is talking, but hard to understand. She asked for ice cream. She could not eat it. We’ll try sherbet. That is lighter and maybe it will sit better
      My friends came for brunch today. I gave nit seen them since Heathers funeral!! It was so good to see them. We’ll have to get another visit in before covid gets worst again
      It’s going to pour very shortly😱
      Hope you are having a good day!!
      Adele

• adele shanbar
      Participant

Colleen
      A better way of looking at Stephs attitude has never been said! You are so right
      I hope the smell of the cows stays far away from your house!
      I know exactly what and how you feel. I was devastated when JJ went home when school was over that first year of covid! I missed him terribly. He gave me a reason to cook a complete meal every night. I still remember how excited he was when I made bread. He loved the smell and the warm bread. He liked to learn how I made things too. It was fun with him around. He brought so much life back to the house after Heather died. He’s such a good kid
      Hope your weather is better. It’s going to pour here in a minute!
      Adele

• Colleen
      Participant

Hi Adele,
      Your roast beef sandwich really good. Where did you get it at? It sounds like a sandwich that they would make at Arby’s. I do not know if they have those restaurants where you are or not.
      Sometimes while they are with you it seems like you never have any privacy. Which it is probably different with the younger grands then the older. They can really irritate you when they want to. I know Ethan like to get on my last nerve some days. I will really miss him. If I need something done he jumps up and does it for me. So teens also have their good side.
      That is a lot of fun when the kids want to cook with you. It is fun when the girls cook and try to fix different things. I wish they would do it more often.
      It was nice out today and supposed to be tomorrow. When we have to take him home it is supposed to rain. Hope it does not rain all the way to Tennessee.
      Colleen

• adele shanbar
      Participant

Hi Colleen
      It’s sunny up here but cold and windy. I don’t think we’ll have a Spring. We’ll go straight to hot summer and the air on!
      I have to make another birthday cake for Bobby today. Lol. His father is visiting and taking them all out to lunch. Then they’ll come here for cake
      I hope you have a good trip to Tenn. That’s a long ride for all of you. You are going to miss Ethan a lot. The house is so empty when there are no kids in it.
      I enjoyed cooking when JJ was here. I completely stopped after he left for a while. It was another loss for me, but nit as bad as when Heather died, of course. Having JJ here made her loss easier to deal with
      How long has it been since your Mom died? I think it’s been about 3 years? It was so sad for you to lose her.
      I often think of Barbara and Sue. So sad when they died.
      Hope you have a good weekend. Have a safe trip to Tenn!!
      Adele

• Gail Norusis
      Participant

Starting a new discussion for May. See you all there.

Viewing 47 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Share on Facebook
Facebook
Pin on Pinterest
Pinterest
Tweet about this on Twitter
Twitter
Email this to someone
email

Share this with a Smile
X Close
Watch QVC
top finds links QVC LIVE QVC PLUS QVC UK