Shrader’s Brussels Sprouts Recipe
• 1/2 cup toasted pecans( we are Southern and love our pecans!!!)
• 4tbs. Salted, softened butter
• 2 tsp. grated finely, lemon zest
• 1/4 tsp. honey
• 3 Tbs. Olive oil
• 2 shallots minced
• 1 1/2 lbs. Brussels sprouts, trimmed and quartered
•1/2 beef broth, turkey or chicken broth
• To prepare the butter: Chop half of the cooled pecans in the food processor. Mix the pecans, butter, lemon zest , honey together to make a compound butter. ( sometimes I add in a little bit of fresh Thyme 1 tsp or to taste).
• To prepare the sprouts: heat up the oil on medium or medium high in a large skillet. Add the shallots and softened for about 1 minute in the oil. Add the sprouts with 1/2 tsp salt to the pan. I cook them for @ 15 minutes. Give them a little stir now and then. They should be browned up nicely. Add the broth and lid the pan for 4 or more mins. Check them to see if they are the proper doneness you like. If there is any broth left in the pan continue to heat with the lid off to evaporate. Mix in the compound butter to taste. Sometimes I have a little leftover. Add the reserved pecans as garnish. Eat them up!!!