Quick and Easy Chocolate St. Patties Pretzel Bites2021-03-10T12:37:52-05:00

Home Forums St Patty’s Day Recipes Quick and Easy Chocolate St. Patties Pretzel Bites

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • Author
      Keymaster

Quick and Easy Chocolate St. Patties Pretzel Bites

INGREDIENTS:

-Get yourself some small pretzels (I like the squares, but you can really use any

Chocolate melting discs (some people use Hersey’s Kisses or even Rolo’s – you can easily do either)

And some M&M’s.

DIRECTIONS:

Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.   Put a piece of foil on a cookie sheet and lay out however many pretzels you want to make.

Next put a chocolate disc on each pretzel.

After you’ve put a piece of chocolate on each pretzel, put it in to the oven.   Baking time will vary based on your oven and what type of chocolate you use.   I’ve had it take less than a minute, I’ve had it take two minutes (this tray did).   I’ve never had it take too much longer than that, so stay close to the stove and ignore your kids until you take these out of the oven.   When you give some to the kids later, they will totally forgive you.

You just want to melt them so that they are soft.  You are not trying to cook them until they melt all over the pan.  That would be a mess, and a mess would not be quick.   I usually give mine a little touch to make sure they are ready.

Get your M&M’s ready.   You will want to put them on to the chocolate right after you take them out of the oven.  Some of them may crack, but that’s okay.  They will still taste good, I promise.   “Drop” an M&M on to each piece, and than lightly press it into the chocolate.

You will want to work fairly quickly, as the chocolate can start setting up.  Usually my eight year old helps me do this.  Unless I’m feeling lazy, and than she does it all.   I figure learning to make chocolate pretzels will probably be more useful to her in life than geometry.

Let them cool.  If you are in a super hurry, pop them in the fridge for a few minutes.  Otherwise they take around an hour or so, but again, that totally will depend on what type of chocolate you use. These are crazy good, especially considering how easy they are.

(This recipe was acquired from lovefromtheoven.com)

Attachments:
Viewing 0 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Share on Facebook
Facebook
Pin on Pinterest
Pinterest
Tweet about this on Twitter
Twitter
Email this to someone
email

Share this with a Smile
X Close
Watch QVC
top finds links QVC LIVE QVC PLUS QVC UK