EGGNOG POUND CAKE
• 2 tablespoons softened butter or 2 tablespoons margarine, to grease pan
• 1⁄2 cup sliced almonds
• 1 (18 1/2 ounce) package yellow cake mix
• 1⁄8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
• 2 eggs
• 1 1⁄2 cups purchased eggnog
• 4 tablespoons butter or 4 tablespoons margarine, melted
• 2 tablespoons rum or 1⁄4 teaspoon rum flavoring
1) Generously grease a 10-inch tube or bundt pan with the softened butter; press almonds on sides and bottom of pan; set aside.
2) In a large bowl, combine cake mix, nutmeg, eggs, eggnog, the melted butter and the rum.
3) Using an electric mixer, beat until smooth and creamy (about 4 minutes at medium speed) or beat about 450 strokes with a wooden spoon; pour batter into prepared pan.
4) Bake in a 350° oven for 45 to 55 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean.
5) Let cool in pan for 10 minutes; then invert cake onto a rack to cool completely.
(This recipe was acquired from GeniusKitchen.com)